Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Official “Queer Eye” on Netflix Thread!

“Queer Eye” is streaming now!

I’ve watched the first two episodes and it’s surprisingly sweet and moving. Karamo (from The Real World) and Antoni the food guy are hot! The fashion guy seems to live for rolled-up sleeves.

The Indian guy in the second episode cleaned up pretty well but the exuberance of their first subject was infectious and endearing.

Let’s dish!

by Anonymousreply 334November 27, 2020 5:57 PM

Antoni Porowski is definitely a cutie... looks a whole lot like Kris Allen from American Idol with a touch of John Mayer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2018 11:36 PM

Yes, he's adorable and my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2018 11:49 PM

They are adorable but I am not seeing expertise from this group. The original QE Fab 5 were experts in their fields and showed it each episode. The things these new guys are doing with their targets--any queen could do.

My take: unimpressed

by Anonymousreply 3February 9, 2018 6:54 AM

It’s a fun show. Lighten the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 4February 9, 2018 9:51 AM

I saw these guys on Rachael Ray.. This is just what we need, enforcement of negative stereotypes (queeny/mincing) that helps ease the minds of middle America. We all know/care about fashion and decorating and getting the next fabulous hairstyle.. Yes gurlll, we are nothing more than a caricature.. We could never be individuals with varied tastes,skills,mannerisms,and interests.... Ugh..

by Anonymousreply 5February 9, 2018 12:12 PM

And I'm not being anti fem at all.. It's just that all the guys are fems on this show. They could have varied it up a little bit..

And I refuse to be called a "queer" or referenced as such by some fucking heterosexual Hal who thinks its ok....

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2018 7:15 AM

The guy on the first episode was such a sweetheart!

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2018 1:20 PM

The episode with the black gay guy coming out to his stepmom made me cry. Although she obviously already knew.

[quote]This is just what we need, enforcement of negative stereotypes (queeny/mincing)

Only Bobby and Jonathan could reasonably be described as queeny. Karamo and Antoni are pretty butch. Tan is just British. And frankly, Jonathan annoyed me at first, but the way he is just putting himself out there without apologizing for it kind of won me over. Although he needs to lay off the Beyonce references.

by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2018 1:47 PM

The one with the long hair and fat gut - awful.

by Anonymousreply 9February 10, 2018 2:47 PM

AJ was so hot before and after the makeover! His coming out scene had me in a puddle.

Churchgoing Bobby cleaned up real nice. He seems like a lovely man.

I’m loving this show!

by Anonymousreply 10February 10, 2018 5:03 PM

This was so good! Jonathan also bugged me at first, but his self confidence is infectious.

AJ was super hot! Would do.

Bobby the religious daddy was also a sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 11February 10, 2018 5:17 PM

I put it on the other day purely because of this thread. It’s not really the kind of thing I’d ever watch. I’m not a big fan of queeniness etc but, hell, they seem to spread a little happiness. Fuck my preconceptions and, more so, my prejudices.

by Anonymousreply 12February 10, 2018 8:47 PM

[quote]Bobby the religious daddy was also a sweetheart.

And quite DILF-y, even before the makeover.

[quote]I’m not a big fan of queeniness etc but, hell, they seem to spread a little happiness. Fuck my preconceptions and, more so, my prejudices.

That was the thing that they carried over from the original. It's not about them being being huge queens, and again, really only Jonathan is like that. It's the genuine sweetness they all show towards the guys they're helping.

One of the things that I do really like this time out is that they seem to focus on giving the guys makeovers that can work with their budgets and locations. The original show had people going to Armani and trendy cheese shops in Chelsea. This one has well-off AJ going to Lacoste, but six-kid Bobby going to Target.

Also, I was expecting to dislike Karamo, but he really won me over. He's also way more involved in the makeovers than Jai Rodriguez ever was.

by Anonymousreply 13February 10, 2018 9:41 PM

Isn't the Real World guy a mentally ill asshole who assaulted a girl on the show and was arrested for prostitution?

by Anonymousreply 14February 10, 2018 10:57 PM

No, that was Stephen from the Real World: Seattle. Karamo was on Philadelphia.

by Anonymousreply 15February 10, 2018 10:58 PM

They could have called it ...queer guys with no talent. Almost any man I know, straight or gay, could do as good a job as these guys. Laughable really. Big expectations, light on delivery.

The show is made for haus fraus

Do haus fraus even watch Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 16February 10, 2018 11:11 PM

Thanks for clearing that up, R15!!!

by Anonymousreply 17February 10, 2018 11:32 PM

I had to wonder if the really ripped fireman that Karamo kept calling Superman might not have been something less than straight.

All those guys were really good sports.

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2018 8:44 PM

What a horrible waste of time...it is completely hollow....these people are meaningless ... the whole show z(like most) is just a gimmick ... pathetic

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2018 4:35 PM

Cute enough. Home sick and marathoning. On the Christian guy with the fat wife episode now. The guy from the first episode was so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2018 5:42 PM

The firemen episode was the best as the firemen all seem to have so much fun, not just the makeover guy.

by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2018 5:44 PM

Karamo has a son!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 13, 2018 5:49 PM

I lasted five minutes with this. The filming style is exhausting - no shot is held more than two seconds, and it’s constantly zooming in and out and jumping around. So many US shows are like this.

by Anonymousreply 23February 13, 2018 6:22 PM

I watched the whole series out of boredom. I wish I enjoyed it more, but I felt like this group lacked the chemistry and energy of the first cast. And while I understand the logic behind why they transplanted the series to Georgia, I didn't enjoy the rural backdrop.

That being said, I really feel for Karamo now. I remember him from the Real World Philadelphia, and I thought he came off as weirdly anti-social back then. He was probably struggling with coming out of the closet, but the RW producers often create some problematic optics for the black male castmates.

by Anonymousreply 24February 13, 2018 6:32 PM

I'm about halfway through, and I am still on the fence about it.

Here's what I think I'm missing... The original guys were always likable but still kind of caustic. I remember Tom in particular would be hilarious in his take-down of people's decor, and then he would do his level best to make it better. In the episode with the policeman, the decorating guy seemed to be forced to say something nice about the wife's style (country Live, Laugh, Love bullshit) before he changed it into something using her taste in a better way.

I think the edict seems to be "Don't offend anyone" which is boring. Even when they are watching the guys get ready now, only the kindest things are said. Remember how bitchy the original guys could be during that part?

I still like all of the guys, but I think it's time to unleash them a bit.

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2018 7:12 PM

Are the original episodes online or on DVD anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2018 7:17 PM

I think that’s what it is, R25, they come off as “too nice.” Even the stylist Jonathan (who is set up to be “sassy” and “flamboyant” like Carson) just utters inane “yasss, kween!” platitudes. At least Carson would have thrown in a few sneaky jokes about fisting, or something.

And not only are they trying to be non-offensive, but they’re doing it with rural Americans who are already so blah.

by Anonymousreply 27February 14, 2018 1:57 AM

Netflix R26

by Anonymousreply 28February 14, 2018 2:06 AM

Why are all the shows in Georgia? Are they doing one state each season or what?

by Anonymousreply 29February 14, 2018 5:26 PM

Disasterpiece. I attempted to watch an episode last night & only made it about ten minutes before turning it off, giving it a THUMBS DOWN and taking it the fuck off my queue. Between that long-haired, attention-starved, "always on" obnoxious queen who feels he has to out-gay all the others and the blonde guy who screams "YASSSSSSSS!" incessantly, I just couldn't do it. This is why they hate us. And I'm right there with them.

Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2018 11:01 AM

Jonathan was extremely annoying and over the top all the fucking time, give it a rest already bitch! the rest of the guys are ok, the "emotional" moments they have with the guys are too fake and ughhh! but the show is fun overall, wish they would have gone to different states, too much white america, even when they were making over people of color..

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2018 11:52 AM

[quote]I remember Tom in particular would be hilarious in his take-down of people's decor, and then he would do his level best to make it better.

Thom used to get on my nerves with his sassy-black-lady schtick.

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2018 1:55 PM

The culture expert in the original series was replaced by Jai Rodriguez, even though he had legitimate culture cred as a classical pianist and music instructor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2018 2:00 PM

While Karamo was no Stephen, he had a creepy vibe of his own on Real World Philly because because I remember him making most of the cast members uncomfortable for a long stretch for telling one of the guys (maybe Landon) out of nowhere that he could seriously hurt him if he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2018 2:08 PM

Any info/gossip about Antoni? He's so hot that I may be tempted to watch the show.

by Anonymousreply 35February 16, 2018 12:49 AM

Towards the end the series felt a bit formulaic with the "eye" who grew up in a bad religious environment having to deal with a minister, then the black guy having to deal with a white cop. I probably missed more of that same pattern. I will admit I watched it (while multitasking) mostly to see cutiepie Antoni. Can't quite figure it out but he reminds me of someone.

by Anonymousreply 36February 16, 2018 1:55 AM

I watched the original when it was on, but the name of the show always bothered me...”queer eye”??

Is there some pop culture reference buried in that or is it just an off-putting name for no reason?

by Anonymousreply 37February 16, 2018 2:18 AM

I need to see a dentist for a queer tooth cleaning.

by Anonymousreply 38February 16, 2018 2:19 AM

I want to take turns inside Karamo and Antoni.

by Anonymousreply 39February 16, 2018 2:26 AM

R36 he reminds all of us of Hal Sparks form QAF i think, but WAY better looking.

by Anonymousreply 40February 16, 2018 2:31 AM

R40 that might be it - and better looking indeed.

Fun fact: Antoni previously worked as a personal chef to Ted Allen from the original series (and various Food Network shows).

by Anonymousreply 41February 16, 2018 2:33 AM

It's really well done and it hit just the right tone. I work in reality TV, and this was a tricky project to take on - so nice to see that Netflix did not bungle it. HGTV is too afraid of backlash from their core audience to do anything gay. I'm also surprised Queer Eye didn't have big home sponsors for the renovations (i.e. Wayfair, Home Depot, etc) - they either didn't need it, or didn't try hard enough.

Let's face it, you're never going to please everyone with your choice of the Fab 5. These guys are pretty good. I like Tan a lot, and Jonathan is great for TV.

by Anonymousreply 42February 16, 2018 3:10 AM

Antoni reminds me of a Spanish TV presenter, Christian Gálvez (Antoni looks a lot better, of course) and Bobby makes me think of Andy Bell from Erasure.

by Anonymousreply 43February 16, 2018 3:16 AM

R42 fuck off you spawn of satan... Anyone who works in "reality t.v." Is a piece of shit enabler. As bad as working in a bomb factory... You're obviously a very shallow,vapid brainwashed clone. Poor thing probably has to pay for sex/company...

by Anonymousreply 44February 16, 2018 4:05 AM

Cute show.

by Anonymousreply 45February 16, 2018 6:08 PM

Get some therapy R44.

by Anonymousreply 46February 16, 2018 8:03 PM

“yasss, kween!”

"hell to the no, gurl"

"beyonce!"

etc, etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 47February 16, 2018 11:15 PM

Just finished watching the whole series now and I liked it. I never saw the original series though, so can't really compare. I liked all the guys too, even Jonathan grows on you after a while. He's always 'on', but I think that's just him? Apparently he's some sort of minor YouTube celebrity, so I guess his personality makes more sense in that context? Maybe he's for the younger teen viewers? I definitely agree the experts/stylists are coming across as encouraging and non-threatening, but is that necessarily a bad thing? They're obviously trying to win hearts and minds here, and start a conversation with/amongst the people they (for the most part) portrayed on the show i.e. conservative white people. This is easily something you could watch as a family, so they probably don't want to make it too "controversial". I think the fact it's based in Georgia will also appeal to a lot of people. Maybe make it more relatable to the 'everyman'? NYC is too close to Hilary, lol. Anyway, I hope it succeeds in starting a conversation and breaching some of the gap between Trump supporters and the rest of us. We gotta start somewhere, right? Also, Antoni is gorgeous and I could watch him cook all day!!!

by Anonymousreply 48February 18, 2018 1:53 PM

Also, I found this article on who (I think) is Tan's husband, Rob. I read somewhere that he is/was Mormon? I like the fact they go into the hosts backgrounds/personal lives on the show. I find it interesting. Apparently they didn't do that on the old QE?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 18, 2018 2:00 PM

I watched the original and mostly enjoyed it but never really came to terms with the premise of gay men as Cinderella’s fairy godmothers for straight men. Or the title. Queer eye? WTF?

I have a straight friend from college who (of course) I had a bit crush on, who now lives 1,500 miles away. He sends me messages occasionally asking what I think about various clothes or shoes or whatever that he is considering buying. I am hardly a personal stylist. I consider my personal taste to be questionable, to be honest. And so every time he does it, against my better judgment (he has corrected me!) I interpret his intention to be either flirtatious or teasing, and on a few tipsy occasions I have responded in kind with borderline #metoo-caliber innuendo. It’s pretty frustrating. Can I blame the influence of this series for my frustrating friendship? Or is he indeed teasing me? Or am I just a creep who wants to suck off his straight friend?

by Anonymousreply 50February 18, 2018 2:06 PM

On the fireman episode, I wonder why they only focused on that handful of firemen when there were some real hotties in the background? Were the ones shown the only ones comfortable with being on camera with "the gays"?

Karamo was starting to get a little inappropriate with "Superman".

My favorite part of the series was when the hot black gay guy came out in his leather harness and adorable wonky-eyed Antoni got so turned on that he didn't know how to process it and had to leave the room.

by Anonymousreply 51February 18, 2018 2:07 PM

Here's Tan and Rob at the premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 18, 2018 2:08 PM

R52 Tan lives up to his name.

by Anonymousreply 53February 18, 2018 2:11 PM

Well, he is half Pakistani.

by Anonymousreply 54February 18, 2018 2:15 PM

Yeah the title is problematic. Was it considered okay in the early noughties? They probably wanted something catchy and "Makeovah Qweeens!!!" *snaps* didn't have quite the same ring to it. At least they're not just making over straight guys now. I liked the conversations they had in the gay guys ep too, not every gay guy is a runway ready neat freak. I laughed so hard when Antonio got flustered by the leather daddy! I actually rewinded it a couple of times, lol. His reaction was so funny, "... is it hot in here??? I'm getting a drink! Who else wants a drink?!? I'm not flustered, YOU'RE flustered!"

by Anonymousreply 55February 18, 2018 2:33 PM

The original is no longer available to stream, R26. I don't really get it though, wouldn't now be the best time to re-release it? There are a couple of episodes on youtube, horrendous quality, unfortunately. PS the kids at ONTD seem to be into it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 18, 2018 2:44 PM

I hope they bring the old QE to Netflix, I would watch it now after finishing the new show. It seems to be getting good reviews. It's a fluffy/feel good show but it has enough social commentary/insight to give it some substance. I wonder if they'll stay in Georgia for the second season?

by Anonymousreply 57February 18, 2018 2:55 PM

I attempted to watch, but the whole thing was bad and felt anachronistic. I think our culture is way past this. Antoni teaches you how to make guacamole, which is pretty lame. Tan shops at Banana Republic and shows us what chinos are 🙄 and his nose job is distracting.

by Anonymousreply 58February 18, 2018 3:58 PM

I think the reason for the guac and Banana Republic is because they're a bunch of guys in Georgia, who don't have access to all the high end stuff that the original did being set in NYC.

Also, not for nothing, the religious dad with two jobs and six kids probably wasn't going to be shopping at Emporio Armani that often.

by Anonymousreply 59February 18, 2018 4:02 PM

I know this is going to sound bitchy elitist (Go DL lol) but keep in mind a lot of the guys (or their wives who buy their clothes) probably haven't shopped beyond Wal Mart before this experience. This series doesn't seem to be about "fabulousling it up" as much as basic life skills 101. Baby steps and all that.

by Anonymousreply 60February 18, 2018 8:40 PM

I knew Jonathon before Queer Eye, from his series Gay of Thrones. A Game of Thrones recap series, he's very funny.

by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2018 9:23 PM

I wasn't sold on this until the episode with AJ (the gay engineer in Atlanta). Until then, it seemed forced and excessively stereotypical, referring to their subject as "her" and talking about "sprinkling fairy dust."

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2018 10:44 AM

AJ was adorable.

by Anonymousreply 63February 20, 2018 12:33 AM

I feel kind of bad about dishing on him, but Jonathan could be really *hot* if he'd just take his own advice & let someone give HIM a flattering haircut for once.

Seriously... look at a pic where he has a beard & his hair up in a bun (at an angle where the bun is hidden & he kind of looks like he has short hair)... he looks a thousand times hotter than he does screaming "Yaaaaassss!" and shaking his hair out like he's doing a late-80s TV commercial for Herbal Essence.

I don't know why, but it seems like hair stylists often seem to have the LEAST-flattering haircuts of anyone.

by Anonymousreply 64February 20, 2018 2:56 AM

Binge-watched the first 5 episodes and ugly-cried through most of them (esp. Cory the redneck policeman and Bobby the religious family man).

The Fab5 won me over after 1 episode, but I do agree with most posters that Jonathan is the most annoying. It's ironic that he's the hair stylist but has the worst hair (take some of your own medicine Jonathan!).

by Anonymousreply 65February 20, 2018 4:21 AM

Me too, R65! I thought I'd have a permanent stink-face while binge-watching, but I really liked Tom in the first episode and some of the others. Apparently, posters here aren't the only ones questioning hot Antoni's cooking skills and/or his alleged twin-boyfriend.

[bold]Investigation: Does The Incredibly Hot Food Guy From ‘Queer Eye’ Even Know How To Cook?[/bold]

[quote]He’s got a lot of wonderful traits, such as a smile that lights up both the room and your loins, a face like a work of classical art, tousled hair, eyes, a nice arm — the list just keeps going — and folks, we didn’t even talk about the food. And that’s because actually the food is weirdly ordinary.

[quote]Now, we completely understand that Antoni has been given the brief of teaching some of the most seemingly hopeless men in America how to cook a basic meal without cutting their unfashionable fingers off or scalding their heterosexual faces, which I guess doesn’t exactly inspire gourmet dining. Most of these men can barely even stagger out into the world without looking like a pile of board-shorts from the nineties on a billy-cart. So yeah, he’s got a hand tied behind his back.

[quote]He is also very open about his friendship with the food guy from the original Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, Ted Allen — a friendship which he says came from the fact that they lived across the street from each other. Apparently, he even spent some time as Ted Allen’s personal chef. But isn’t that suspicious in itself? Why would the original FOOD GUY need a chef? He already knows how to make food really well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 21, 2018 8:52 PM

After seeing the photo Netflix uses to promote this show, where they are all queening it up with "Oooh, Guuuuurl!" poses, I refuse to watch this minstrel show.

by Anonymousreply 67February 21, 2018 9:54 PM

They need a straight-acting guy like Kayan from the original.

by Anonymousreply 68February 21, 2018 11:47 PM

R64 I agree. His hair is flat and stringy and dull. Maybe it looks bad because of the Georgia humidity tho...

by Anonymousreply 69February 22, 2018 2:09 PM

Pretty consistently the hair stylists I've seen or known have styles that I don't think look good on them, and its just after they leave the profession that I see their hair looking better.

They don't necessarily look bad, but they can look bad instead of good, or at least too quirky for the rest of their looks.

by Anonymousreply 70February 22, 2018 4:59 PM

It's an old adage, R70, when picking a barber, pick the one with the worst haircut. They cut each other's hair.

by Anonymousreply 71February 22, 2018 10:49 PM

Another reason to pick on Jonathan is his voice: he sounds like a male version of Lens Dunham. I cannot unhear now!

And yes R66 Antoni is hot (the hottest of the pack for me) but the recipes he teaches are so ridiculously simple (avocado and grapefruit salad, guacamole, grilled cheese sandwich, etc.) it does make you question whether he is capable of creating anything 'easy' but yet substantial.

by Anonymousreply 72February 23, 2018 2:27 AM

I always figured it was a combination of ego & logistics. It's really hard to effectively cut your own hair (limited viewing angle distorted by mirrors & perspective, awkward angles, lots of planned-but-blindly-executed cuts), but allowing someone *else* to cut it requires accepting that they're good, too.

Eg, if Jonathan's hair looks like shit, he can feel smugly-superior to whomever did it, yet let his own ego off the hook because everyone knows it's almost impossible to cut your own hair & do a good job... so he *has* to settle for a cut by someone else.

Possibility #2: they want clients to walk out feeling like they have the greatest hair in the room. If the stylist's hair looks "too good", narcissistic clients will walk away disappointed because their own hair is merely "a little better" than the stylist's, instead of blowing everyone in the salon away.

Regardless, I think any halfway-competent gay barber in Wilton Manors could make Jonathan look hot... EVEN IF that long hair & strategically-placed bun is really a grand-scale "comb-over" for a growing bald spot.

by Anonymousreply 73February 25, 2018 4:56 PM

Soooo why has Christopher Mitz-Plasse been retweeting Queer Eye for the past few days? Is he connected, or just a devoted fan? 👀

by Anonymousreply 74February 25, 2018 5:02 PM

I fell for the hype and happily streamed Episode One. Yuck, these screeching queens are trying to out-screech each other. Do they get paid more every time they “Yasss!” and snap their fingers?

The original QE guys were gay but human. These new creatures are from some other planet. Not entertaining at all.

by Anonymousreply 75February 25, 2018 5:10 PM

I watched the first four episodes today and I’m officially in love with Antoni, so hands off, bitches. Have we seen him naked online yet?

by Anonymousreply 76February 26, 2018 2:55 AM

Someone at Vulture has a hard on for Antoni. They can’t stop writing features about him. I guess he’s the Carson Kressley of this crew.

by Anonymousreply 77February 26, 2018 3:14 AM

Looks like Antoni is spoken for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78February 26, 2018 8:40 PM

So Antoni Porowski thinks he passes for straight 😏

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2018 6:52 AM

I wish I knew AJ's social media because damn he looked hot in the harness. Also glad that he and Dre are engaged.

by Anonymousreply 80March 4, 2018 10:35 PM

Finally watched the whole season and thought it started great, got a bit boring towards the end but finished on a high with hot firemen (hello Micah).

by Anonymousreply 81March 11, 2018 9:29 PM

Yes, hello Micah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 11, 2018 9:35 PM

Sexy jawline

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 11, 2018 9:36 PM

I'm just guessing, but I bet the show films in Georgia because the state provides massive tax write-offs or subsidies. There are a LOT of TV shows that film there. If there's a season 2 it would be nice if they went someplace else.

I've seen all the episodes but the last one. My favorites were the first one (You can't fix ugly) and the guy who lived in his grandmother's 70s disco/whorehouse time capsule. Antoni can make me guac and grilled cheese any time he likes.

by Anonymousreply 84March 11, 2018 9:44 PM

Antoni really pushed the envelope with hot dogs on the last episode (he's still cute though).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 11, 2018 10:04 PM

Yummy Antoni

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 11, 2018 10:12 PM

The guy I assume is his boyfriend is kind of his doppleganger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 11, 2018 10:15 PM

I still think Jonathan is over the top but there had to one in the group, right?

Fun Twitter thread re Jonathan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 12, 2018 12:31 AM

The UK's Socialist Media darling, Owen Jones loves "Queer Eye".

And he wants to spend the rest of his life with it. Whatever that means. Owen likes it up the chute, so what would he do with all those bottoms?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89March 12, 2018 12:37 AM

Binged the entire season and cried like a little boy by the end. Skipped the first episode as it was just too cringy but I'll revisit it for sure. The gay one left me wordless. More of that, please!

I loved when Antoni said he doesn't do campy because that's not in his heart. Bitch, you don't do campy because you [italic]can't.[/italic] You're just a big ol' goofball and that type of gay is fine as well; I'm also of that same subgenre. But his attempts at being all serious were too adorable.

I was listening to Guy Branum's podcast the other day and I had no idea Antoni royally misunderstood the macaroni cheese recipe. They also brought up the fact that a lesbian chef (forgot her name) would be a great addition to the cast and would bring more to the table (literally) than Antoni. And I would agree. However... when's the last time you saw a singular lesbian goof around with a group of gay guys? So I think the group dynamic has to be taken into account as well.

r89 Bottom shaming and socialist shaming. You're just a delight, aren't you? For your information, major advances in double-sided dildo technology have been made recently, so you can just retire your old preconceptions of sexual roles in homo relationships.

by Anonymousreply 90March 12, 2018 1:51 AM

Look who was at the SNL taping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 12, 2018 3:56 AM

Tom from episode 1 is engaged and wants Bobby to be best man at the wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 13, 2018 2:12 PM

Big profile of Antoni in the NYTimes

Breakout star! The other QEs must be seething with jealousy

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2018 4:38 AM

Id like to have a four way with Karamo, Tan and Antoni.

by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2018 5:19 AM

[bold]Netflix’s Queer Eye eased my anxieties about becoming a father[/bold]

[quote]It’s incredibly healing to watch a father of six talk about feeling overwhelmed by his responsibilities. It’s comforting to see an older man talk about the insecurities he has about his looks and his body, a reminder that behind the culturally approved tough exterior, just about everyone is suffering. But Queer Eye doesn’t wallow, and that’s perhaps its most significant trait. As I finished watching the series for the second time, I felt ready for the changes that were about to come into my life. Queer Eye, with its message of self-love and eternal optimism, gave me a sense of confidence that I didn’t even know I needed or had access to. With its radical empathy, the show states that we are in control of our own little pockets of the world. Our impact, as men, fathers, partners, and allies, is immense. That’s nothing to be scared of. It’s something to get excited about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2018 2:10 PM

I largely enjoyed the Queer Eye reboot, but not enough to watch it all a second time.

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2018 5:29 PM

The next time they either reboot or need to replace someone, I'd love to see them cast Greg Bennett (the RHONJ Manzo brothers' friend/roommate) if they could find an appropriate role for him in the group. He's unapologetically gay, but naturally straighter-mannerism'ed than most STRAIGHT guys... the magic combo for TV success.

by Anonymousreply 97March 14, 2018 6:33 PM

Ugh, stop pimping ypu cum toy Albie R97

by Anonymousreply 98March 15, 2018 3:55 AM

THESE QUEER EYE GUYS ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT TO ALL DISCERNING GAYS.

by Anonymousreply 99March 15, 2018 5:54 AM

Why does beauty always win over everything else?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 15, 2018 6:49 AM

The NY Times likes Antoni best, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 15, 2018 11:34 PM

I adore Antoni. I’d love him to cook for me.

by Anonymousreply 102March 15, 2018 11:42 PM

I'm in love with Antoni's boyfriend. Does anyone know them? Unpopular opinion, but I think Tan is gorgeous. I love his dark eyes.

by Anonymousreply 103March 16, 2018 12:33 AM

I love Tan but I'm actually surprised that he's younger than I thought.

by Anonymousreply 104March 16, 2018 2:11 AM

I’d love to know the actual ratings for this show. All the fawning media hype for a reboot no one asked for makes me think that there’s way more PR than actual viewers.

by Anonymousreply 105March 16, 2018 2:31 AM

Netflix doesn't generally release ratings for their shows.

by Anonymousreply 106March 16, 2018 2:42 AM

" For your information, major advances in double-sided dildo technology have been made recently, so you can just retire your old preconceptions of sexual roles in homo relationships."

Brava!! Brava!!

by Anonymousreply 107March 16, 2018 4:22 AM

Stand up against gay slavery. Don't give in to the hype. Make the str8s help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 108March 16, 2018 4:23 AM

Oh shut up r108, you dipshit it's a tv show.

And I think I'm in the minority but I like this group better than the old group. For starters they're all better looking and seem less bitter. They adjust the makeovers to the subjects ability and budget. Bobby is a damn miracle worker.

And I HATED that church freak with his two foot square house, Frau of a wife and seventeen kids. He looked like a special needs idiot. I hate him, his dumb house, and his lazy kids.

by Anonymousreply 109March 16, 2018 4:45 AM

Antoni is boring as fuck, but I like Tan and his accent

by Anonymousreply 110March 17, 2018 5:26 AM

[quote]And I think I'm in the minority but I like this group better than the old group.

We can be a minority of two. If for no other reason that Karamo, who seems to interpret "Culture" as being the group's therapist, comes across as a lot more involved than Jai ever was. And I like Bobby's personality a lot better than Thom's.

by Anonymousreply 111March 17, 2018 2:46 PM

My straight sister told me to watch this show because of Antoni. She has a huge crush, but I find him boring. His dishes aren't that great, either.

by Anonymousreply 112March 17, 2018 3:23 PM

R112, I worship him. I’m glad we won’t have to fight over him.

by Anonymousreply 113March 18, 2018 12:47 AM

You'll only have to fight his gorgeous boyfriend R113

by Anonymousreply 114March 18, 2018 2:53 AM

You all ,use be watching a different show - Jonathan is the star!

by Anonymousreply 115March 21, 2018 11:36 AM

Jonathan is sweet, but a bit too much at times. He's playing the stereotypical gay.

by Anonymousreply 116March 21, 2018 11:51 AM

[quote]Only Bobby and Jonathan could reasonably be described as queeny. Karamo and Antoni are pretty butch. Tan is just British. And frankly, Jonathan annoyed me at first, but the way he is just putting himself out there without apologizing for it kind of won me over. Although he needs to lay off the Beyonce references.

[quote] Karamo and Antoni

LOL

[quote]Tan

LOL#2

[quote] Jonathan annoyed me at first

Are you SURE that's how he spells his name?

I've only got to R7 and already this is a classic.

by Anonymousreply 117March 21, 2018 7:12 PM

Tan takes Pete Davidson shopping

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 22, 2018 2:35 AM

I love Pete. He was so cute in that video.

by Anonymousreply 119March 22, 2018 2:57 AM

gurl, please @ that video @R118 - the camerawork is EXHAUSTING.

by Anonymousreply 120March 22, 2018 11:03 AM

Watched the first and second episodes. I overall like it although it's not something I can binge watching. They should air the episodes on TV.

by Anonymousreply 121March 22, 2018 12:29 PM

R109, initially I agreed about the church guy and skipped through that episode.. Then I re-watched it and had a change. He seemed like a regular guy who was trying to provide for his family. I'm not sure how he really feels about homos now, but that's on him. People are raised a certain way, and spend the rest of their lives unlearning the bad crap.. Your response/dismissal of him and his family because the size of his house and the "frauness" of his wife makes you look like a bitter little bitch.. Sad for you asshole...

by Anonymousreply 122March 23, 2018 3:04 PM

Season✌🏽*Cue theme song*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123March 26, 2018 5:51 PM

Yaasssss

by Anonymousreply 124March 26, 2018 5:55 PM

Season 2 a go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 26, 2018 5:55 PM

r109 I didn't mind the church guy as I'm immune to their sanctimonious speeches by now. What bothered me was his wife. I would very much like to know what she does for a living. I mean, is she a stay-at-home mom or does she have a paying job? Because this poor guy has two jobs, barely has time to sleep, and then she's unloading on him that he looks like shit. Karamo was even asking him if he's afraid she'll leave him if he doesn't put more effort in! Where the fuck's she gonna go, what with eleventy kids hanging from her tits?

I hope they go somewhere more moderate in their second season.

by Anonymousreply 126March 27, 2018 12:02 AM

The straight woman remake (with cute boyfriend)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 27, 2018 4:05 AM

God, R127, that was annoying!

by Anonymousreply 128March 29, 2018 12:19 AM

It's a frau making over her boyfriend; that it would be annoying is a given. I rolled my eyes at the description alone.

[quote]I love @QueerEye on @netflix so much that I became all five of them and made over my boyfriend.

Eurgh, yes, you are totally not appropriating gayness and basically doing a gay version of blackface for those Twitter likes. Plus you're talented enough to act like all five of those people, for sure. Like your parents always told you.

Poor cute boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 129March 29, 2018 12:26 AM

I am glad Antoni makes basic food. That’s what Ted Allen failed to do.

There was one guy, a father who worked really like my hours, who made sickening food and Ted had him making crab cakes. Making crab cakes takes too many steps for a dish you don’t know will turn out. Whereas making a salad and sautéing a piece of fish and serving it with good bread and wine is basically instant gratification for minimal effort.

Teaching people to make better food choices means showing them fresh ingredients simply prepared that taste amazing are not beyond anyone. For a big blue collar guy eats Tex Mex daily like Tom, making your own guac is a building block to improving yourself and getting confident in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 130March 31, 2018 2:19 AM

Hangry like the wolf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 31, 2018 2:40 AM

Now I know who Antoni sort of reminds me of - this guy, who used to host some low budget "poor and selfless/deserving person wins free trip" show that plays on OutTV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 31, 2018 2:57 AM

Shove a spiked rusty dildo up your prolapsed ass r122. It's idiots like you that have diluted the gene pool down to its present state. That fucking church asshole was broke, working two jobs and had a bunch of lazy children who didn't do a fucking thing except for whatever their dipshit fellowship called for. They didn't even do dishes. Fuck their stupid hick life and fuck you. Again, use the rusty spiked dildo up your cuntraggy asshole. I am downright proud to hate cousin fuckin' fundies who don't know what condoms are for.

by Anonymousreply 133March 31, 2018 6:50 AM

For r133:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 31, 2018 1:41 PM

R134! Oh! The wit! So razor sharp! So original! So intellectually superior. Such biting Frau humour presented as edgy!

by Anonymousreply 135March 31, 2018 4:36 PM

I thought I would hate it, but i am really enjoying it. Jonathan won me over big time, he makes me smile. ANTONI IS HOT AS FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 136April 1, 2018 3:43 AM

Awww he sure is R136

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 1, 2018 3:53 AM

I hated the episode with the stand up comic. I don’t think he was a good candidate for the show because while moving into his parents’ basement can give him a sex life, he will be more set in his ways. He needs money and independence and his relationship with his toxic brother was so hard to watch. We all know those people who “joke”with their family and friends as a way to pull them down.

Jonathan is a classic extrovert in that he finds quiet people annoying and because they don’t engage with him and I am glad that the other guys pulled him up for making fun of Joe’s depression in the car at the start, especially Karamo and Antoni who have been so upfront about their mental health issues.

Joe had psychological and lifestyle issues that needed to be dealt with before cleaning up his space. His weight loss was great though, so kudos to him for that. Maybe in a year or two once he manages to get a job and savings and a place of his own he would have been a better fit for the show.

by Anonymousreply 138April 1, 2018 8:01 AM

Please shit in my mouth as I'm really obsessed with "spiked rusty dildos"...

by Anonymousreply 139April 1, 2018 9:41 AM

Antonio is hot as hell. So is Karamo.

by Anonymousreply 140April 1, 2018 3:55 PM

Is Antonio a bottom? I suspect and hope so.

by Anonymousreply 141April 1, 2018 3:56 PM

[quote] Antonio

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 142April 1, 2018 4:07 PM

Almost 2 months later and not even 150 posts? I have not seen any episodes yet, but is this show a flop?

by Anonymousreply 143April 1, 2018 4:10 PM

Flop or not, Netflix picked it up for a second season. (I, too, hope the next season isn't filmed in the ATL area.)

by Anonymousreply 144April 1, 2018 9:26 PM

I think stand up comic Joe’s suspiciously pretty-but-a-bit-chubby-and-non-threatening girl was a friend he got to pose as a love interest, or was someone organised by the producers to make his segment less depressing.

by Anonymousreply 145April 1, 2018 10:42 PM

Antoni and Karamo make me horny but so does Tan. I think he's a cute little bottom that would be a hot fuck.

by Anonymousreply 146April 1, 2018 10:44 PM

Jonathan had Antoni on the latest episode of his podcast, talking about growing up in Montreal and West Virginia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 7, 2018 12:53 AM

Tan is adorable. The 5, even Jonathan, are quite gentle.

by Anonymousreply 148April 7, 2018 2:20 AM

Queer Eye parody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149April 7, 2018 2:33 AM

Antoni keeping the thirst alive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 13, 2018 2:53 AM

#vouchforthepouch ? looking good tho

by Anonymousreply 151April 13, 2018 3:01 AM

Do gay guys wear Hanes though?

by Anonymousreply 152April 13, 2018 4:49 AM

Yeah, regular, non-shallow gay guys do wear Hanes... It's fucking underwear, nobody cares what you're wearing at the end of the day...

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2018 10:29 AM

Karamo's modelling shots surfaces (no Hanes)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 15, 2018 1:41 AM

Wow. Karamo's ass is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 155April 15, 2018 2:59 AM

Id love to breed that ass... As long as he grew his facial and body hair out... Go natural baby...

by Anonymousreply 156April 15, 2018 7:22 AM

Antoni is not getting his daily beauty sleep. Still cute but not as much as usual.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 23, 2018 4:29 AM

The guy who photoshops the pics had the day off

by Anonymousreply 158April 23, 2018 4:33 AM

Ok Antoni, none of this bi-business. And get some sleep!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159April 24, 2018 3:14 AM

Karamo's getting married!

To a white guy of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 10, 2018 7:16 PM

And Tom from episode 1 is married!

To a white lady of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 11, 2018 3:21 AM

Holy shit, less than a month until the second season drops - June 15!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 24, 2018 3:47 PM

[quote]Here’s the official logline for the next batch of episodes: This season, the Queer Eye Fab Five return to the Georgia heartland, forging connections with communities from a wide array of backgrounds and beliefs often contrary to their own, touching on everything from self-love and faith, to immigration and how to make the perfect homemade poke bowls and more!

Eugh, Georgia again.

by Anonymousreply 163May 24, 2018 3:48 PM

The new five appear obnoxiously wholesome so far. Any gossip? As someone who discovered DL around the time the original QE started, it’s just not Queer Eye unless someone’s doing meth and taking on all comers in a bathhouse.

by Anonymousreply 164May 24, 2018 4:31 PM

Most of us don't have Netflix and can't watch this. Is there any other way to watch it?

by Anonymousreply 165May 24, 2018 5:05 PM

[quote]Jonathan is sweet, but a bit too much at times.

He's like a super-sassy Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 166May 24, 2018 5:14 PM

[bold]Meet Queer Eye's first female and trans male subjects — and prepare for the tears[/bold]

Uh-oh; DL meltdown incoming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 27, 2018 5:52 PM

[quote]Happy Pride, henny! Things just keep getting better. Betty Who has teamed up with the Fab 5 to revamp the Queer Eye Theme song. New episodes begin streaming June 15 only on Netflix.

Antoni in a crop top, oh my!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 1, 2018 2:34 PM

^^ Naturally, the guy who does most of the hard work on the show features the least in that video.

by Anonymousreply 169June 1, 2018 2:37 PM

Antoni has become a cheap strumpet and I’m ok with that.

by Anonymousreply 170June 1, 2018 2:42 PM

r170 I approve as well. He knows people aren't interested in him because of his avocado recipes.

by Anonymousreply 171June 1, 2018 2:47 PM

Is any of the five guys a top? Just curious.

by Anonymousreply 172June 1, 2018 2:48 PM

[quote]Is any of the five guys a top?

Guilty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173June 1, 2018 2:53 PM

Betty White looks great in that video. Seems like Tan, Anthony and Wacky Jesus all enjoy each other. They are all over Instagram together and all over each other. Karamo seems to distance himself. I feel like he may be uncomfortable with being "too" gay. And nobody seem so to care about the poor other guy.

by Anonymousreply 174June 2, 2018 2:54 AM

[quote]The Fab 5 reunited with AJ + Andre, who revealed they’re now MARRIED! ❤️🧡💛💚💙

I hate that moustache on Whatshisface. Looks so wrong and creepy for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175June 2, 2018 10:54 AM

[bold]'Yass queen': Queer Eye cast descend on rural Australian town[/bold]

[quote]In an unexpected turn, the stars of Netflix's Queer Eye reboot have been crowned honorary royalty of the small rural town of Yass, New South Wales, after spending a day of their Australian press tour making over one of the township’s residents and one of its pubs.

[quote]In the early hours of Wednesday 6 June, Antoni Porowski, Bobby Berk, Tan France, Karamo Brown and Jonathan Van Ness crammed into a small van to drive 50 miles north from the Australian capital Canberra to Yass, population 6,600, a place where, according to one local, “Nothing much happens”. The fab five were accompanied by a police escort on a 12-hour shoot in the town, which will be turned into a short webisode released by Netflix this month to promote Queer Eye’s second season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 7, 2018 12:17 AM

Season 2 trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 7, 2018 5:38 PM

[quote]Queer Eye's Karamo Brown opens up about discovering he had a 10-year-old son when he was 26 years old

Oh, my.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178June 9, 2018 2:29 PM

r178 So the mom basically offloaded both of her kids onto Karamo, even the one that isn't his. I wonder what the story there is, although I'm just happy they're all happy. Such a positive story for the straight people to see.

by Anonymousreply 179June 9, 2018 2:36 PM

Review of the second season (B score).

[quote]The changes feel organic, because, as the show notes, everyone—including devoted parents, rudderless twentysomethings, and Burning Man devotees—could use a little help establishing a skin-care regimen (some are 10 steps!) or packing a picnic basket. (Well, no, not really, but Antoni needs something to do.)

Tee hee.

[quote]Once more, the experts also undergo their own transformations, learning from these not-so-lost cases, though at one point, the request for education becomes more of an imposition. The show achieves equally powerful moments when it affords the hosts the same space to take in the counsel of others. In the premiere, Bobby is delighted to meet Tammye, who’s prepping for the grand opening of a new church, despite having been shunned by his own congregation in his youth. They talk about their disparate relationships with the church, but there’s no forced resolution at the end, no “come back to Jesus” moment. While casting it all over rural Georgia, [italic]Queer Eye[/italic] quietly accepts the limits of makeover magic.

I don't understand any of this. Is the reviewer implying there [italic]ought[/italic] to have been a "come back to Jesus" moment at the end of that particular episode and that the show failed for not making that happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 12, 2018 4:49 PM

I am surprised they are still making this dreck.

by Anonymousreply 181June 12, 2018 5:43 PM

Tonight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182June 15, 2018 2:22 PM

I'm just imagining a PA behind the cameras, constantly telling Antoni: "Go goofier!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 15, 2018 2:26 PM

I just wish they were less...y’know. Is the idea that only these types are only ones naturally imbued with secret of the Arts, culture, style etc? Real progress will be when this stereotype dies

by Anonymousreply 184June 15, 2018 3:07 PM

Religion vs. Homosexuality in the first episode already. Could have started off with something lighter, if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 185June 15, 2018 3:07 PM

[quote]I just wish they were less...y’know.

Yes, we all know what your inner Uncle Tom is implying - we need those gays on our TV who "pass" and who will be more palatable to straight people.

Even if they have all these talents (which I'm sure they do), masc dudebros [italic]in my view[/italic] just aren't interesting enough to watch in a show like this, sorry. I don't go to a sports bar when I'm in the mood for drag, either.

by Anonymousreply 186June 15, 2018 3:26 PM

I found the first episode of the new season to be so over the top saccharine it killed my excitement for the rest of the season. Also, this "we should listen to the people who look at homosexuality differently than we do" and "religious people deserve respect, too" just rubbed me the wrong way. I don't much like this path towards acceptance at all; it's demeaning.

by Anonymousreply 187June 15, 2018 10:08 PM

Most important episode yet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 15, 2018 10:10 PM

First episode is kind of awful.

by Anonymousreply 189June 15, 2018 10:16 PM

#QueerEye2 is now trending on Twitter. People are bingeing the shit out of this.

by Anonymousreply 190June 16, 2018 1:06 AM

Oh, and I'm willing to walk back my criticism at r187 after seeing the reactions to the episode on Twitter. Fuck it, if this helps bridge The Divide at least a little, I'm all for it.

See, bitter bitches can display some semblance of growth as well, occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 191June 16, 2018 1:11 AM

Sad Antoni.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 16, 2018 1:13 AM

R191, I think your initial reaction was correct.

by Anonymousreply 193June 16, 2018 1:13 AM

Enh, I'm just easily triggered by religious folk (and for good reason) so I get overly nasty sometimes. Tammy's a good person, although I really wanted to see a huge-ass wig on her, not just a light touch-up.

by Anonymousreply 194June 16, 2018 1:25 AM

The dude in the second episode easily looked ten years younger after Jonathan cleaned him up.

by Anonymousreply 195June 16, 2018 1:37 AM

My homophobic and unacceptable father actually watched and enjoyed the first episode of season one.

by Anonymousreply 196June 16, 2018 2:51 AM

The straight couples in the second and third episode were nice and all, but pretty unexciting, even though the second couple was way more outspoken than the first. The Latino daddy would be so handsome if only he lost all that slob weight. Trust the white gay guy to strip their whole place of Latino touch and replace it with a bland aesthetic. Blech.

The fourth episode was also pretty boring (another straight guy). Why the hell did they renovate his place if he's moving to Reno?! His pit bull was sweet but I just thought how that will trigger some here on DL.

Starting the fifth episode right now. It literally opens with a gender reassignment surgery being performed on the nominee, which The Fab 5 are watching on TV, I shit you not.

by Anonymousreply 197June 16, 2018 6:32 PM

That ended being a perfectly nice episode, just like the rest. He has such an adorable kitty, although why it's allowed to pee on the couch is beyond me. I hope his parents will see this episode.

by Anonymousreply 198June 16, 2018 7:12 PM

Apparently they filmed a scene about two miles from my house!

by Anonymousreply 199June 16, 2018 8:20 PM

On instagram Tan mentioned they filmed both seasons back to back so my guess they did not rally have had time to look back and maybe make some tweaks beyond adding a religious woman and a trans guy.

by Anonymousreply 200June 16, 2018 10:22 PM

Sean VanMeter from episode 7 was a cute kid. Looked really good after the makeover.

by Anonymousreply 201June 16, 2018 10:25 PM

The mayor from the last episode was the only bad makeover for me from Jonathan's side. Taking that nice blond (but admittedly scraggly) beard away aged him a decade or two in an instant. He looks more professional, sure, but we should always choose youthfulness above all else!

Loved how the interior design guy's quick tip at the end of the penultimate episode was just: "Are you renting an apartment? Buy some wallpaper, and remove it when you leave that place." Hilariously basic, like they're secretly trolling the audience. Although's Antoni's tea and Tan's French tuck advice weren't much better either.

r200 Well, people loved the first season so what further tweaks would you have proposed for the second one?

by Anonymousreply 202June 16, 2018 10:33 PM

i agree on the mayor - i thought he would have looked better with some facial hair left.

i have the feeling like the whole show gets very repetitive in what they're saying or doing - all home designs are they same and half of the guys have the shirt tucked in the front and every guy is giving a major 'random celeb name' vibes to Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 203June 16, 2018 10:38 PM

I like what Karamo the “culture vulture” because he’s really acting as a therapist.

This show isn’t into makeovers so much as dealing with problems Americans have with their own brand of masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 204June 16, 2018 10:46 PM

Yeah, some (most?) of the freshness is gone and the formula's starting to show, for sure. Would a new Fab Five every season solve that? Although that would be a branding and marketing nightmare.

But I suppose all reality shows are repetitive in a way and that's also what draws some people in. Like procedurals.

by Anonymousreply 205June 16, 2018 10:46 PM

Poor Antoni and the pasta machine. He seemed totes depressed.

by Anonymousreply 206June 16, 2018 10:49 PM

Do wish they would've made over another gay guy this season.

by Anonymousreply 207June 16, 2018 10:58 PM

Love this look Antoni

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 16, 2018 11:01 PM

Am I the only one that find Jonathan hot? The opening credit show him with his hair flowing is yum

by Anonymousreply 209June 16, 2018 11:02 PM

i think he is attractive physically, but definitely not my type. But Tan is really cute

by Anonymousreply 210June 16, 2018 11:16 PM

There were a lot of implications that the Sean kid was gay ... he even referenced Shawn Mendes at one point

by Anonymousreply 211June 16, 2018 11:25 PM

Isn't that just an indication that he's a teenager, though?

by Anonymousreply 212June 16, 2018 11:28 PM

R211 What was with the crazy hanger on Frau? Where were his parents? Why did they give him to the crazy Frau? How did he afford the apartment with his mostly sing singing and piano playing 'career'? So many questions

by Anonymousreply 213June 16, 2018 11:33 PM

I'm not even an American and I got triggered by Tan's "America is tacky" comment. I'd take it from someone with impeccable taste but Tan's personal style (especially his horrid shirt prints) reveal his taste is pretty gauche most of the time.

I actually think Antoni dresses way better than Tan. They should totally switch roles because there's no way Tan can be a worse cook than Antoni, right?

by Anonymousreply 214June 17, 2018 8:13 PM

i like Tan's style I think it him suits nicely. I woild like him to show some cooking skills - He was way more enthusuastic when he was showing how to cook roti than Antoni usually is.

by Anonymousreply 215June 17, 2018 8:35 PM

Tan makes the people he’s making over look better and gives them some self pride. His own style is wacky but thankfully he doesn’t dress the clients like he does himself.

by Anonymousreply 216June 17, 2018 10:14 PM

Tan needs to cover food as well and Antoni's role should just be non-specific goofiness at all times.

by Anonymousreply 217June 17, 2018 10:46 PM

Antoni should be the sex therapist, providing his hole for guys with low self-confidence.

by Anonymousreply 218June 17, 2018 10:48 PM

Fab 5 GLAAD Interview. They seem more down to earth, even Jonathan! Very touchy with each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219June 17, 2018 11:39 PM

It wouldn't take much to convince me that Tan and Antoni have fucked. Not sure why I think, but seeing the way they interact, once I started thinking it, I couldn't stop.

by Anonymousreply 220June 18, 2018 12:18 AM

I watched last season and watched the first episode of this season which I thought was great. In these times it feels good to see "happy" things happening to people and is a relief to escape the hell we are living thru.

by Anonymousreply 221June 18, 2018 12:22 AM

They're all very comfortable and touchy with each other

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 18, 2018 12:22 AM

Antoni’s Feet!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223June 18, 2018 12:45 AM

This show is so regressive.

by Anonymousreply 224June 18, 2018 12:47 AM

I love Tan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225June 18, 2018 12:49 AM

I found the "leprechaun" episode disturbing and sad. Unlike all the other episodes where people seem to have revelations about their lives (even if they don't sustain them in the future.) People can be and call themselves whatever they want, but it's not always attractive or sane. In this episode it seemed the QE guys tried to help but there was no real point of connection, as hard as they tried.

by Anonymousreply 226June 18, 2018 3:21 PM

r226 I also thought there was no real connection between them. Which is weird because he has so many gay friends and his apartment is an explosion of rainbows.

That last scene in the club makes me think he's suffering from the star gay syndrome and has to be the centre of attention at all times, which is something I will freely admit to as well. No gay guys around me while I'm performing my minstrel act and charming the pants off everybody, thank you very much. DL is fine because it's impersonal. So perhaps that might explain the emotional distance?

And if he's straight, then he's not alone; the straight guy in the second episode wasn't that invested either, I thought. Straight guys rarely get touchy-feely with strangers. There was a lot of that to be seen in the first season as well. Haven't seen the original series so can't comment on that.

by Anonymousreply 227June 18, 2018 3:37 PM

I marathoned this last night. I could not watch the trans episode though, only because he was still so feminine. Do their voices change eventually? He was so tiny and girly that I felt uncomfortable because he was still a young girl in drag. I also skipped the one with the guy who was lying to his mother.

Loved the mayor only because, for Georgia, he's such an anomaly. Decriminalized weed, very inclusive of other ethnicities and religions, high minimum wage and living in sin with a very unpolitical looking "wife". How many mayors wives have tats and crazy hair? Was she pregnant???

by Anonymousreply 228June 19, 2018 6:19 PM

Was hoping for “queer eye for the gay guy” this time. Thought we were at that place in history but I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 229June 19, 2018 6:31 PM

[quote]I also skipped the one with the guy who was lying to his mother.

Ha! Me as well. I don't need that particular drama in my life right now, I thought to myself. I also missed not having a gay guy getting a makeover. Hope they do a lesbian next season.

by Anonymousreply 230June 19, 2018 6:34 PM

What town was the mayor in?

by Anonymousreply 231June 19, 2018 6:37 PM

Clarkston.

[quote]Luckily, the Fab Five's hard work appears to have paid off, as Ted won reelection on Nov. 7, 2017. "Honored to serve for another 4 years," the young mayor wrote on his public Facebook page, celebrating a 59 percent victory and thanking the city of Clarkston. As for his resistance beard, it appears to have grown back, probably to Jonathan's chagrin. Ted's facial hair does at least look much more maintained now.

Thank god he decided to grow the beard back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232June 19, 2018 6:39 PM

R228 At the end of the trans one, you kinda find out that he doesn't really want to be masculine but more androgynous. He doesn't say it, but it's clear by the things he chooses and rejects. ( Jonathan calls him a "leprechaun" which nailed it.) As for the guy fessing up to his mom, he actually uses an entirely different voice and comes clean in a surprisingly strong way. Totally threw me off. As for a gay makeover, they may have done so with the Bieber-y boy but they definitely did it for the church lady's son.

by Anonymousreply 233June 19, 2018 9:17 PM

[quote]I like what Karamo the “culture vulture” because he’s really acting as a therapist.

And he's GOOD at it.

Like, within three episodes, he'd done more than Jai did in the entire run of the original.

While individually, Karamo is the only one who outdoes his predecessor, I think as a group, I like the new guys more. Or perhaps it's just because I need people with that kind of positivity in the middle of this waking nightmare we're finding ourselves living in.

by Anonymousreply 234June 19, 2018 10:26 PM

Karamo seems to be a genuinely decent person--background as a social worker, taking on the care of the son he didn't know about and his son's half-brother. It's so odd to see someone like that be a long-time reality TV type. I don't actually dislike any of them--though a little Jonathan can go a long way. He's fun in the context of the show, but I think he'd be exhausting in real life.

Chef guy has a nice voice and makes great eye candy, but, boy, he isn't big on actually cooking of anything.

by Anonymousreply 235June 19, 2018 10:56 PM

[quote]Chef guy has a nice voice and makes great eye candy, but, boy, he isn't big on actually cooking of anything.

He doesn't do it on the show, but if you follow him on Instagram, he cooks a lot, and pretty complicated things. I think in some ways, they over-simplify things because these guys in these teeny towns in Georgia don't have access to whatever highbrow SoHo cheesemonger that Ted Allen would take the original guys to.

by Anonymousreply 236June 19, 2018 10:59 PM

I think that's also a good thing about how Tan does things. He seems to be picking out things with the dude's budget in mind.

by Anonymousreply 237June 19, 2018 11:00 PM

I like Tan a lot too--he makes everyone look better within their financial/comfort limits. That said, I hope they get out of Georgia next season. If they must stick with the South, I wouldn't mind them venturing into Florida--the options there could be seriously entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 238June 19, 2018 11:05 PM

I thought that at first as well but don't you think the people featured in both seasons have been really diverse and different from each other? I mean, could you honestly tell they were all from Georgia if the show didn't tell you as much? If it means the show gets made on the cheap due to tax breaks and we get more seasons because of that, I wouldn't mind them staying in Georgia indefinitely.

Oh, and Jonathan had Tan on his podcast recently. And Karamo before that as well. I already posted an older link to Antoni's episode upthread.

by Anonymousreply 239June 19, 2018 11:19 PM

Oh, yeah, but I'm in California, it's culturally very different here. So they all have these Southern cultural qualities in common that are strange to me.

by Anonymousreply 240June 19, 2018 11:27 PM

Admittedly, I'm not the best judge of this as I'm a euro but I always imagined people from Georgia to be mostly like the lady in the first episode of the second season. And by that, I naturally mean her character, not her skin colour. So I was pretty taken aback when most people seemed so... normal and unexciting, compared to her. Even their accents were bland. I really didn't get a distinct Georgian feeling most of the time.

The pouring rain and all the luscious greenery were a surprise, though. For some reason, I always imagined this state to have lots of parched land and oppressive humidity at all times.

by Anonymousreply 241June 19, 2018 11:41 PM

Georgia's the sophisticated Southern state and Atlanta's a genuine city, so I wasn't expecting endless rubes, still I think two seasons there is plenty.

by Anonymousreply 242June 19, 2018 11:55 PM

I sure hope some straight women go to West Hollywood and teach the gays how to get men and look better for the guys. We don’t always dress the best but since other gay men are not interested in doing it, maybe they could get some of the ladies that love to hang around in our bars to do it.

by Anonymousreply 243June 20, 2018 5:04 PM

Nah, it would be straight eye for lesbians and trans. The trans, in particular, could use the help.

by Anonymousreply 244June 20, 2018 7:29 PM

I’m annoyed at Jonathan shaving off everyone’s beards and giving them a Hitler Youth haircut.

He blandified the hipster mayor. Instead of looking like a crunchy hippie, he just looks really young.

by Anonymousreply 245June 21, 2018 12:29 AM

Yeah, the haircuts have not been my favorite parts of the transformations. The clothing and self-help stuff has been good (I'll take Karamo over Dr. Phil any day.) The decor stuff is good, but shows more of Bobby's taste than the subject's usually--though he did a good job with Mr. Burning Man (who had all the cool stuff). Antoni could stand to be a little bolder in the kitchen, he's almost too "baby steps."

I am enjoying the escapism of all of this--everyone getting along.

by Anonymousreply 246June 21, 2018 1:07 AM

Jonathan’s best grooming was on the old dude in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 247June 21, 2018 1:46 AM

Just watched the trans episode--and I never felt that the leprachuan was a guy; came off like a lesbian with a beard who had a mix of lesbian and straight-girl friends. Thing is, I don't think the Fab Five felt like the leprachuan was a guy either. They're gay men and they are interested in men, not women. They were nice and supportive, but responded to leprachuan the way gay men do to women--with a basic disinterest. They were similar with church lady--the episode was basically saved by their connection with gay son.

Leprachuan is basically a lesbian who was rejected by hir family and made to feel bad about hir sexuality. It was interesting how manly all of the guys looked in contrast. Even Jonathan.

by Anonymousreply 248June 21, 2018 7:14 AM

The photo of Antoni in his Hanes and Karamo's modeling photos almost made me faint.

To the person who said they think Tan and Antoni have fucked, I think they've all fucked each other as a getting acquainted exercise during the development period of the show.

by Anonymousreply 249June 22, 2018 4:39 AM

Yass, Australia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 22, 2018 5:17 AM

I just watched the makeover of the baby gay. I certainly hope he was gay, although he didn’t say. A true transformation from Rufus Wainwright to Logan Lerman.

by Anonymousreply 251June 25, 2018 11:10 AM

It was sort of odd that they didn't address the 18 year old's potential dating prospects either way. Heading to college you would think that would be a topic but perhaps he was concerned about his music career being affected negatively if all those southern grandparents who make up his fan base found out he was struggling with homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 252June 25, 2018 11:38 AM

I can't find it now but there was a clip on Tan's Instagram where Jonathan was playing with Tan's nipples in their trailer. It made me very horny to see Tan in such a sexual way. I think he'd be a really hot bottom.

by Anonymousreply 253June 25, 2018 11:43 AM

[quote]"I feel I'm openly gay and I wasn't before. To be able to express [my feminine side] on the outside without any shame is really nice" - @queereye's @antoni reveals how the hit @netflix show is helping him on his own journey in our new July issue ❤️👁

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254June 25, 2018 3:01 PM

Jonathan definitely struck out regarding the beards in the last 3 episodes (Persian guy, musician, and mayor). Yeah, their beards all needed work, but IMHO Jonathan went WAY overboard & threw out the baby with the bathwater.

Persian guy & mayor: trim it down, shape it better, but keep it a full beard. Let's say, start with #4 or #5 trimmer & tweak it from there.

Musician: shape it down to a Van Dyke until the cheeks grow in sometime around age 25.

If the musician IS a future gayboi, the guys should have tried harder to get him to appreciate the value of working out & got him a few sessions with a personal trainer. He's at the age where gaining muscle mass is easier than it will ever be at any point in his life, and the muscle he builds NOW will be an investment that'll keep him getting laid well into his 30s & 40s (plus, being super hot never hurt anyone's music career) .

by Anonymousreply 255June 26, 2018 7:57 AM

Antoni doesn't look like he was comfortable here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256June 26, 2018 2:05 PM

Andy’s an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 257June 26, 2018 9:05 PM

r254 Yeah, Antoni really struck me as somebody who was holding back his inner fabulousness in the first season. I mean, not all gays are queeny but he just looked like somebody who is slightly more feminine than he let on but was uncomfortable expressing it. So he just came across as reserved and detached while playing butch. I'm glad he's more comfortable now; makes him even more attractive in my eyes. If that's even possible. He put that guyliner on once and the whole damn door burst open!

Anyway, here's a super sincere-looking video they made for Glamour Magazine. The boys are really working the circuit, aren't they? Good for them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258June 26, 2018 10:13 PM

[quote]I can't find it now but there was a clip on Tan's Instagram where Jonathan was playing with Tan's nipples in their trailer. It made me very horny to see Tan in such a sexual way. I think he'd be a really hot bottom.

When Tan took the Persian guy (granted, I like guys with heft) to the gym, I was surprised by how nice his body is. I was expecting him to be more post-twink, because he looks so thin, Nope, he's got nice arms.

by Anonymousreply 259July 1, 2018 10:03 PM

Handman/Burning Man and his lady celebrated their 1 year anniversary (he never moved to Reno):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260July 6, 2018 6:20 AM

Emmy nomiated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261July 12, 2018 5:58 PM

Renewed for third season!

[quote]Production on the eight-episode third season begins in Kansas City, Missouri, on July 16.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262July 13, 2018 6:21 PM

I'm all happy for more, but wish they'd do more than 8 episodes at a time!

Hopefully we'll have another gay guy makeover too.

by Anonymousreply 263July 13, 2018 6:27 PM

They could really skimp on expenses by shooting the whole season in this neighbourhood alone. You could always greenscreen the driving portion.

We'd get more episodes that way for the same price. I'm only half-joking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264July 13, 2018 6:34 PM

"Queer Eye" Cast Tells What's Different for Season 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265August 25, 2018 3:44 AM

SO very glad they're going to Kansas City for the third season! And I can think of a couple of players on the Sporting Kansas City soccer team who could use their help. (Pleeeese? I don't ask for much.)

by Anonymousreply 266August 25, 2018 11:32 PM

[quote] Karamo seems to distance himself. I feel like he may be uncomfortable with being "too" gay. And nobody seem so to care about the poor other guy.

R174 I too get the impression that poor WASP-y Bobby stands off to the side. I think there's something more critical and acerbic in his personality as compared with the others; maybe he'd have suited the O.G. QE even better...

by Anonymousreply 267September 16, 2018 10:20 PM

[quote] Just watched the trans episode--and I never felt that the leprechuan was a guy; came off like a lesbian with a beard who had a mix of lesbian and straight-girl friends. Thing is, I don't think the Fab Five felt like the leprachuan was a guy either. They're gay men and they are interested in men, not women. They were nice and supportive, but responded to leprachuan the way gay men do to women--with a basic disinterest.

R247 seconded. I'm lesbian and just felt sad for Skylar who clearly was not accepted as a gay women by family during adolescence, which can really fuck people up. The guys treated Skylar with kid gloves and it showed, especially in the condescending hushed-tones way Tan spoke about T issues like it was a whole new world. Ugh.

And yeah, all the friends and roomies seemed like lesbians, drag kings and "queer" kids (i.e. straights with fetishes). Skylar didn't seem to know or socialise with any regular men, gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 268September 16, 2018 10:30 PM

Jonathan must always secretly be imagining he's guesting on Wendy Williams. S-snaps and all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269September 21, 2018 12:28 AM

Just finished both seasons and I found it bland and 'Eat Pray Love'-esque. It's like a cup of tepid cocoa.

I actually think I would find this show more interesting if 5 cute campy gay guys gave womens' wardrobes and houses makeovers. Yes, yes, I know it would defeat the male-bonding objective and they'd have to change the title but that premise seems like it would be more of a challenge than just giving boring hetero males a scrub-up. Women are more exacting in their habits/style and generally-speaking have more complex lives and issues to untangle. Imagine trying to convince a do-it-all career Mom to change her 'Rachel' cut out for another style...

There's already a market for it. Gay men making women over plays really well in other countries, whether straight-faced (as in England's 'How to Look Good Naked') or comedic (as in Japan's 'Biyo-Shonen Celebrity').

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270October 7, 2018 8:45 PM

Season 3 trailer.

First lesbian, finally!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271March 4, 2019 3:27 PM

So they're giving a lesbian a makeover? How quaint.

First they made over a gay guy, then a trans guy and now a lesbian. What's next for season 4?

by Anonymousreply 272March 4, 2019 5:17 PM

Glowing review from The Guardian. And yes, I realize it's not five stars, but four stars is excellent for a reality show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273March 16, 2019 7:16 PM

Just watched up to episode 4 of the new season. Watching Antoni working out in episode 4, DAMN.

by Anonymousreply 274March 16, 2019 7:17 PM

He does seem to have nice guns, r274.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275March 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Sorry, here's a better version in case you want to set it as your desktop background.

Off to watch the new season now! I had completely forgotten it's out already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276March 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Fuck those hunting rifles in the first few minutes of the first episode, and fuck Karamo for his condescending "In order to understand these people, you have to walk in their boots" bullshit.

I'm out. I'll watch those episodes where they're in Japan later this year.

by Anonymousreply 277March 16, 2019 11:16 PM

The episode with the two sisters with the bbq restaurant made me sob.

You can MARY! all you want, I am not ashamed.

[quote]Just watched up to episode 4 of the new season. Watching Antoni working out in episode 4, DAMN.

He regularly shows his body on Instagram.

Also, I am sure he and Tan have fucked.

by Anonymousreply 278March 17, 2019 4:58 PM

[quote]Also, I am sure he and Tan have fucked.

So Tan has an open marriage?

by Anonymousreply 279March 17, 2019 5:00 PM

I don't know, but while the guys are all touchy-feely with each other, there's just something extra between Antoni and Tan.

by Anonymousreply 280March 17, 2019 5:00 PM

Antoni's Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281March 17, 2019 5:04 PM

Bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282March 17, 2019 5:04 PM

R280 Maybe you're right

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283March 17, 2019 6:38 PM

Why aren’t you bitches watching Season 3 yet?

by Anonymousreply 284March 18, 2019 8:01 PM

I'm on the second episode now with the camp counselor who lives in a filthy cabin. Jesus. Are straight men typically that vile?

by Anonymousreply 285March 18, 2019 8:58 PM

I watched it all. It's good, but honestly more of the same and nothing worth mentioning. Even the lesbian episode was pretty meh.

by Anonymousreply 286March 18, 2019 9:00 PM

Jody’s husband was a hunk!

by Anonymousreply 287March 20, 2019 2:51 AM

[quote]The Jones Sisters Sold Over $75,000-Worth Of Bar-B-Q Sauce In One Weekend

[quote]11,000 bottles is an impressive sales number, but what's even more exciting is the amount of money these sale generated. The Jones sisters are selling 15-ounce bottles of their barbecue sauce for $6.99 each, which means they made $76,890 off sauce sales this weekend alone, not taking into account bottling and shipping costs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288March 20, 2019 8:13 PM

GLAAD approves:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289March 29, 2019 3:20 AM

Philadelphia next season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290April 8, 2019 8:09 PM

Antoni's dark circles are an Eastern European background marker.

by Anonymousreply 291April 23, 2019 3:09 AM

Young Jonathan was freaking cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292May 8, 2019 1:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293May 17, 2019 1:51 AM

[bold]‘Queer Eye’ Renewed for Seasons 4 and 5 at Netflix, Fourth Season to Debut in July[/bold]

[quote]The Emmy-winning unscripted series has been picked up for a fourth and fifth season at the streaming giant, with Season 4 set to debut on July 19. Season 5 will begin production next week and will debut on Netflix in 2020. In Season 4, The Fab Five will return to Kansas City while Season 5 will see them head to Philadelphia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294June 18, 2019 5:03 PM

Season 4 trailer.

Out July 19.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 8, 2019 8:38 PM

Apparently, one of the people they're making over was Jonathan's high school teacher.

I'm just going to cry now and get it out of the way.

by Anonymousreply 296July 8, 2019 10:31 PM

Ted Terry, the incredibly progressive hipster mayor of a tiny town in Georgia that they made over back in S2 announced a Senate run.

During the episode, the guys said "He's going to be governor some day" at pretty much the exact moment I said it. It's probably doomed, but it makes me happy that he's going to try.

by Anonymousreply 297July 10, 2019 6:09 PM

Just finished the first two episodes of Season Four and cried during both. Mrs. Dooley is a sweetheart, and so is Wesley Hamilton!

by Anonymousreply 298July 19, 2019 3:59 PM

Now more than halfway through the new season and, so far, the Kenny episode is my fave.

by Anonymousreply 299July 19, 2019 11:54 PM

r299 I was just about to ask you if have already finished the season and if there's an episode in particular you'd recommend.

by Anonymousreply 300July 19, 2019 11:57 PM

I'm just now watching the first episode, and I feel like I've been on the verge of tears the entire time.

by Anonymousreply 301July 21, 2019 1:15 AM

Is anyone else finding Antoni unusually hyperactive this season? He seems weirdly overcaffeinated -- especially in the episode with Deanna. (Still haven't finished the season. Two more episodes to go.)

by Anonymousreply 302July 21, 2019 11:51 AM

I honestly wonder if it's drugs. He's admitted to having a some kind of substance abuse issue.

by Anonymousreply 303July 21, 2019 12:10 PM

I found this season much better than the previous one, also to my surprise I liked Anthony this time.

by Anonymousreply 304July 21, 2019 12:28 PM

I know it's not the point of the show, but I wish there had been another gay nominated guy. We only had one during the first season and it was one of my favorite episodes.

by Anonymousreply 305July 21, 2019 9:27 PM

I kind of wish the bearded guys this season had actually shaved off their beards completely or had more dramatic makeovers. I kept waiting for that "OMG!" reveal, but there weren't really any.

And several of the reveals were shown in the trailer for the season, so they lost the element of surprise for the viewer.

by Anonymousreply 306July 22, 2019 8:58 PM

R306. I get you. So many overweight bearded slobs, really limits the grooming and clothes choices, too repetitive. Seems like there are no clean shaven men anymore, gay or straight.

by Anonymousreply 307July 23, 2019 6:44 AM

I get that this show is a "reality" show and is more formulaic than real, but the new season's first episode (Jonathan Returns to High School Hell) seemed *really* staged (more so than usual). I usually get "something in my eye" toward the end of a season's first episode, but this one left me rolling my eyes. The makeover seemed like she was just gamely going along and didn't really want to play (kudos to Jonathan for the haircut and Tan for that camel hair coat). The pep rally and the final parade seemed super-fake. I don't know how Karamo's Group Therapy session added anything to anything. Most hilarious, was Antoni, tits-high on *some*thing (honestly, his eyes were black basketballs and his mouth a rictus grin) talking to bunch of mean girls about making purple potatoes with cheese. For $4! As usual, Bobby did the most actual work and got the least credit.

by Anonymousreply 308July 25, 2019 7:33 PM

[quote]I don't know how Karamo's Group Therapy session added anything to anything.

I find Karamo and Antoni's contributions are often the most superfluous and forced, as though the producers are really reaching... trying to give them something to do.

The show would be just fine with just Jonathan, Tan and Bobby, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 309July 25, 2019 9:10 PM

Karamo contributes about a thousand percent more than Jai Rodriguez ever did.

by Anonymousreply 310July 26, 2019 5:06 PM

The Fab 5 Meet Quincy High School's Gay-Straight Alliance

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311August 18, 2019 12:39 AM

Honestly. How can you guys watch this shit?

by Anonymousreply 312August 18, 2019 12:53 AM

So I just saw the final episode of Season 4 and Matt the Farmer is a massive homophobe. No wonder Karamo got the shits and totally femmed out. His mother was also a cunt and he was a Trump voter.

It's also suspicious about how he went to a conference and arrived home to find an empty house with the wife and kids gone. I would put good money on him being an abuser,

by Anonymousreply 313August 31, 2019 1:05 AM

r313 I saw people complaining about that episode elsewhere, saying that guy was obviously a huge homophobe throughout. Which doesn't really make for feel-good TV.

by Anonymousreply 314August 31, 2019 1:23 AM

I was amazed by him. He deserved none of the stuff they did for him.

by Anonymousreply 315August 31, 2019 2:53 AM

Guest starring on Big Mouth Season 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316September 17, 2019 5:48 PM

The Japan season was released a few days ago, and the second episode featured a young Japanese man named Kan. Very cute and emotional.

by Anonymousreply 317November 4, 2019 7:22 PM

Also, an update about him and his British boyfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318November 4, 2019 7:22 PM

The hospice nurse was ADORABLE. And her episode made me sob. (Yes, I know, MARY!)

by Anonymousreply 319November 4, 2019 10:47 PM

I was right there sobbing with you R319

by Anonymousreply 320November 4, 2019 10:59 PM

Anyone watching the new season? (PrimeTime robbed me of threadstarting so I can’t make a fresh post). Episode one with the gay Lutheran pastor was nice enough feelgood fare if very heavy-handed, but then two episodes later we got a creepy dad overattached to his daughter & Ex-wife and the fuzzy feelings went away again.

[quote] Bobby stands off to the side. I think there's something more critical and acerbic in his personality as compared with the others; maybe he'd have suited the O.G. QE even better...

BB is more technically skilled, productive and widely capable than the others as well as one of the oldest. He works the hardest on the show (having the most work to do), and also had the harshest upbringing and journey to success & stability. I’m sure the saccharine nature of this reboot occasionally grates on him as it does the viewers, but regardless it’s a great paying gig that gives priceless consistent high-profile exposure for his work (which he does professionally and thoroughly, if not to everyone’s taste). IMO he is the only member of the new QE who could hang with the old cast and shade on their level, though I’d love to be proved wrong.

And I always breathe a sigh of relief whenever Bobby or Tan are onscreen (solo or as a pair), because it signifies a calming focused change of tone from attention-seeking shrieking Millennials (and I say that with embarrassed love, as a Millennial) Jonathan & Antoni, and from plodding pussyfooting why-is-he-here Karamo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321June 5, 2020 10:27 PM

Here's a SPOILER SPOILER S P O I L E R

The poor Dad that you deem as creepy had to have part of his leg amputated due to diabetes, and his daughter has a GoFundMe to help with house alterations to accommodate that. She only has raised $2750. I wish that they linked her fund as a coda to the episode, even if it was a downer.

by Anonymousreply 322June 6, 2020 5:13 PM

I'm halfway through the new season and am finding it less moving than previous seasons. In years past, almost every single episode would make me cry (sometimes more than once -- MARY!). But this season? Dry eyes for the most part.

Of the first five episodes (that's as many as I've watched so far), I thought the Rahanna episode was the strongest -- the impact of the show was tangible. You could really see how much her life is going to change going forward. Apparently, her dog-grooming business is now booming.

And I thought the 18-year-old-activist episode was the weakest. I did LOL when Jonathan said, slightly horrified, "I gave her her mom's haircut."

by Anonymousreply 323June 7, 2020 12:56 PM

R220 hmmm, Tantoni do seem to adore one another and get quite flirty but I don’t see deep dark sexual tension, per se. They seem the typical affectionate tactile friends who like to make each other feel good. Even if they did have sex, one can’t help but feel it would be a sweet lighthearted one-and-done type thing that wouldn’t go further.

Imo Antoni has UST with Bobby. It’s oddly conspicuous that they don’t talk or touch very much on camera unlike they do every single other member of the group, and when on rare occasion they do get close there’s somehow a....tense vibe. I know Bobby is happily longterm married and Antoni is a bisexual tease (and they’re both bottom/Vers?), but I still feel something inconvenient brewing there - and my intuition isn’t often wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324June 7, 2020 1:24 PM

Is no one else watching the new season? Is the DL over QE?

I finished the last episode last night and thought the season was so-so overall. The dog groomer and fish monger episodes were the most moving for me; the teen-activist episode remained the season's weakest.

And I continue to feel like the series would be so much stronger with just Bobby, Tan and Jonathan, since their contributions are the most tangible. For me, the show always slows to a c-r-a-w-l when we get to the recipe or life-coaching segments.

by Anonymousreply 325June 9, 2020 12:35 PM

The activist episode sucked. Why would she even have been nominated? I turned it off before the end. There was no point to it.

by Anonymousreply 326June 9, 2020 12:43 PM

The poor fishmonger guy never got to open his restaurant- he had an investment partner who changed the color scheme of the walls (he thought it was too dark), some waffling ensued, and then the pandemic hit. The dog groomer was booked until August, and is still successful.

I wanted to slap the Activist 6 ways til Sunday. Her mother was more interesting than she.

by Anonymousreply 327June 9, 2020 3:31 PM

That's a shame. At least the fishmonger successfully reconciled with his oldest daughter, which (probably) had a bigger positive impact on his life post-show. He strikes me as the kind of guy who will find a new way forward, regardless of the obstacles, so hopefully a restaurant is still in his future.

by Anonymousreply 328June 9, 2020 4:03 PM

Tan just received U.S. Citizenship. Take good care of him, my dears.

by Anonymousreply 329June 9, 2020 6:17 PM

Just caught the episodes with the Gen Z activist girl and then the one with the Jersey Shore DJ pushing 40. The two episodes feel like two different separate shows.

As a Gen Y I don’t mind teens of today but watching that kid made me uncomfortable. She looked painfully earnest and like she was rattling out of her skin with anxiety even after the boys worked their magic. “18 going on 47” is right. She’s cute and principled but damn she sounds exhausting. I actually feel bad for her, and despite the good work she’s doing wonder if there’s some unresolved unconscious darkness or repression at work there. Her commune friends struck me as selfish and politically a bit militant. And her parents were so old and seemed to distant from her. Still, the boys dressed and groomed her very tastefully in a way that was flattering, and gave her a nice week of pampering....so w/e. I guess I’m just a cynic...

Then we had the mood whiplash to the Jersey DJ, which in some ways felt like the old QE show. It was hilarious to watch Jonathan go to pieces salivating over that guy when they were in the bathroom, and Bobby’s utter shock poking around the already-spotless decorated living space. The fact that the Italian dude couldn’t cook at all drove me nuts. I thought the message of this episode was pretty great, though - that one should please oneself even if it does upset family - especially coming from gay men who have suffered thanks to their families of origin. Who would have expected a touching moment happening down the Shore?

by Anonymousreply 330June 27, 2020 3:45 PM

the long haird queen spoils it all,,,,,he is gross fug

cute foodie guy!

by Anonymousreply 331June 27, 2020 4:10 PM

I got the impression that NJ DJ was gay, but would not agree to come out the closet for the cameras, R330. Was it just me?

by Anonymousreply 332June 27, 2020 4:15 PM

R332 yeah I did get that impression rewatching it a second time! I mean the man lived happily with two other grown men despite being long out of College... worked out all the time and wore revealing clothing but wouldn’t ever approach women...didn’t seem to want to have kids or get married despite his halfhearted protests to the contrary...already had grooming products and décor in his pad before the Fab Five showed up...ownedans doted on a little toy dog...fixated on ageing and the party lifestyle...it all adds up.

It was like the Fab Five were dancing around the point so as not to offend the Italian family...which kind of defeats the object of Gay Pride, no? It’s like we’re all offended by anyone remotely cliché now, even though those stereotypes exist for a reason and can even be helpful and positive. I don’t like how the show has spun to such a cautious underlying ethic.

by Anonymousreply 333June 27, 2020 4:53 PM

DJ Ryan from the Jersey Shore is selling his house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334November 27, 2020 5:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!