Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Life & Style Magazine: Ellen DeGeneres is mean

]Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres might be the queen of nice, but unsettling rumors of her off-camera persona have been following her for years, including allegations that she has a secret mean side. The rumors started back in 2007 when a former writer from The Ellen Show revealed that the 59-year-old treated her writing staff like, well, "s--t."

"We'd watch her in rehearsals, smiling and winning us over with her charm and comic timing," the anonymous writer revealed. "Then the director would yell cut, her face would fall, and she'd level a glare at the writers. 'Why do you keep writing these unfunny jokes?' she'd hiss." Fans were shocked by the allegations, but the rumors never tarnished her reputation.

in 2016 the rumors went mainstream. In her book Kathy Griffin's Celebrity Run-Ins: My A-Z Index, comedian Kathy Griffin mentioned a certain "talk show host" with "short blonde hair" who wasn't particularly friendly behind the scenes. “I’m almost positive a certain beloved daytime talk show host once had me kicked out of a backstage dressing room at the Emmy Awards,” she wrote in the book. “I can’t prove it, but this person, who has short blonde hair, has a mean streak that all of Hollywood knows about.”

The allegation ignited a public feud between the two women, with Kathy later telling Access Hollywood that it all culminated with an awkward telephone call where Ellen was "furious" and left Kathy in tears. Ellen later defended herself in W magazine where she accused Kathy of being resentful for not getting booked on the show. She then delivered this massive smackdown: "She did a whole thing that I banned her from the show. I didn’t ban her from the show, because first you have to be on the show to be banned.” Well damn, Ellen! Is that something "nice" people say?

Later, the rumors of Ellen's "meanness" persisted. In 2017, Corinne Olympios, of The Bachelor fame, begrudgingly admitted that her interview with the talk show host made her "uncomfortable." "I love Ellen so much, I thought I would be like talking to Dory and I was really excited and she made me so uncomfortable, unfortunately. I kept this in for so long, but to be honest, she just made me a little uncomfortable," she revealed. When asked to explain further, she said, "She's very aggressive, she was very cold when I saw her before the show, which I don't think I was supposed to, because everybody got very nervous when we bumped into each other and you could tell they were like 'oh, s--t.'"

I started noticing something was "off" about Ellen's persona while watching an interview she did with Katy Perry in 2017. At the time, the reports were focused on Katy's "odd" behavior, but for me, all I could concentrate on was Ellen's weird aggressiveness. She seemed annoyed by the pop star, as if she was quietly seething with contempt, which is weird considering the two have known each other for years. And it's not just me. Others on reddit have noticed it too, particularly when she interviewed the cast of Stranger Things. "Hi all I was just watching a video of the four boys playing the questionnaire game on the Ellen show and I noticed she seemed a little off and frustrated," a commenter wrote. "A lot of people in the comments noticed it too. Some said maybe the boys were a bit too loud and rowdy, but she reacted the same, almost rude."

But as all these little pockets of rumors added up, it all culminated into one "holy crap" moment with the premiere of Ellen's Game of Games. In the commercial for the show, Ellen is seen laughing maniacally as she drops contestants into pits and flings them off stage. "Bye-bye," she says in a creepy cold voice as the contestants scream. The commercial tries to make it look like it's all fun and games, but I detected an air of sociopathic glee. I know it sounds a tad overdramatic, but judging by the previous rumors and the firsthand accounts from Kathy and Corinne, I think there might be a small grain of truth to my assumption. Although Ellen's fans clearly don't seem to care, you won't be seeing me tune in to any more of her shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 29, 2019 9:09 PM

Anyone with some power in the industry (male or female) has been a major league cunt at one point or another. This is part of the territory.

But who knows if someone is generally a nasty wretch or just had individual episodes?

by Anonymousreply 1January 27, 2018 3:59 AM

Old news here at DL

by Anonymousreply 2January 27, 2018 4:05 AM

Burnout? I suspect it's much worse for entertainment talk show hosts. Also, I know a number of people here have speculated that Ellen's still carrying the baggage of her years in the closet and the fallout afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 3January 27, 2018 4:06 AM

It's not being "a tad overdramatic," if you ask me.

This bitch, whose catchphrase is "be kind to one another," takes ENTIRELY too much pleasure in scaring the fuck out of guests on her show, and in hearing the blood-curdling screams of the idiot women who appear on her game show as she drops them from heights and through trapdoors, ad nauseum.

E-fucking-nuff.

by Anonymousreply 4January 27, 2018 4:09 AM

Endless tales of her caustic behavior here on the DL, she’s a tyrant and a vile drunk.

by Anonymousreply 5January 27, 2018 4:13 AM

I've never seen her show. The only time I've even seen a clip of her is when she and Michelle Obama went shopping somewhere -- Target? Walgreens? -- and I couldn't believe how aggressive and MEAN she was. She was trying to be funny, but it was humor born from harassing people and being mean. I was stunned, but happy to see that Michelle kept trying to quiet her up; she did not play along with the meanness.

by Anonymousreply 6January 27, 2018 4:14 AM

I'm more interested in knowing if she's fucking women on the side.

by Anonymousreply 7January 27, 2018 4:24 AM

And they called ME a cunt!

I bow to the queen of all cunts.

by Anonymousreply 8January 27, 2018 4:27 AM

She’s mean. Who cares? If you don’t like that she is sometimes mean, don’t hang out with her and don’t work for her and don’t watch her shows.

It’s that simple. She isn’t breaking any law. Lots of people can be mean, get over it. Sheeeh.

by Anonymousreply 9January 27, 2018 4:34 AM

She IS a fucking asshole, who makes the lives of her staff miserable. So was Letterman. I really hope that not only sexual harassment stops, but people in the industry who treat people like shit get called out for the assholes they are.

by Anonymousreply 10January 27, 2018 4:38 AM

I think why nothing sticks to Ellen is because it's all a lot of rumors and innuendos. There's nothing concrete there. This author for instance, just has a feeling that Ellen isn't as nice as she's pretending to be. They cite her 'cold voice' as evidence. Again, that's nothing to go on. And Kathy Griffin has proven herself to be a very bitter woman who thinks everyone is out to get her so she doesn't have as much credibility in this.

Also, isn't this what's said about all women with power? Oprah is supposed to be mean too. When a woman runs things and becomes an empire, there's always someone ready to call her a bitch. But maybe being a bitch is what it takes for a woman to get anywhere in this male centric world. The road to female empowerment and wealth is not paved with sugar plum & candy.

by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2018 4:48 AM

Rosie was the queen of nice too once

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2018 4:52 AM

Why is this news? Most people who get to that level of prominence have a steely core. They have to.

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2018 4:53 AM

[quote] "Then the director would yell cut, her face would fall, and she'd level a glare at the writers. 'Why do you keep writing these unfunny jokes?' [bold]she'd hiss."[/bold]

She's obviously a Datalounger!

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2018 4:54 AM

[quote] But maybe being a bitch is what it takes for a woman to get anywhere in this male centric world.

It takes being a bitch for many people, male or female, to succeed on a big scale - by coldly getting rid off competition, egoistically taking credit for others’ work, blaming one’s mistakes on co-workers.

There have been countless studies that most top managers are sociopaths. Top entertainers are probably similar.

by Anonymousreply 15January 27, 2018 5:07 AM

She used to mock my name to my face!

by Anonymousreply 16January 27, 2018 5:14 AM

Poor Portia... probably gets the cane and whip at home.

by Anonymousreply 17January 27, 2018 6:29 AM

Agree with r11, it seems like it's not real hard to reduce Kathy Griffin to tears. And again, Kathy has a lot of nerve, it's like Perez Hilton in his fucking crying videos, you make a living making fun of people, don't act like you're a fucking creampuff.

by Anonymousreply 18January 27, 2018 6:30 AM

R11 I've never heard that Oprah is mean nor do I believe that. Now firm? Yes. But definitely not mean. If you want an honest look at how Oprah operates. Watch her behind the scenes show of her last season of her talk show. It was a series about the goings on of her 25the and final season of her show in 2011. You get to see some of her firm moments with her staff at harpo. It's really fascinating to watch. There should be some episodes on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2018 6:31 AM

Comedians in general have an edge to them personally, I've noticed. You couldn't pay me to watch her show (or any daytime television), but her stand-up from 2003 titled Her and Now is very funny. So, she's funny and therefore she has an edge, just like the rest of 'em.

by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2018 6:45 AM

* Here and Now

by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2018 6:46 AM

There is an elderly very butch lesbian, that Hangs out at johnpauls bar in Nola. She likes nothing more than to Smoke a cig and regale you with stories of "Ellen is a Cunt."

by Anonymousreply 22January 27, 2018 6:46 AM

I'm sure she can be and have heard it here before but now anything crazy Kathy says is just eyeroll inducing. She sounds great though r22.

by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2018 6:50 AM

I Think Ellen drinks a little too much. Sometimes she looks a bit worn.

by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2018 6:53 AM

Her pussy stinks.

by Anonymousreply 25January 27, 2018 6:58 AM

Comedians internally are some of the most unhappy people on the face of the earth. And you can take that to the bank. Trust me I know.

by Anonymousreply 26January 27, 2018 7:00 AM

Recent Ellen blind items from AGC

April 25, 2017

[quote]Speaking of cheating, this A++ list daytime talk show host is cheating on her significant other. It is most likely divorce time. Our host is in love or lust with someone. [italic]Ellen DeGeneres/Portia de Rossi[/italic]

June 12, 2017

[quote]This married A+ list talk show host has a new girlfriend and is acting like their significant other is out of their life for good. [italic]Ellen DeGeneres/Portia de Rossi[/italic]

June 21, 2017

[quote]Cannot say they don’t know how to play the game. This talk show host rarely if ever gets papped. But with marriage troubles everywhere in the media, our host managed to not only get papped but also get papped mid kiss with their significant other. What a coincidence. [italic]Ellen DeGeneres/Portia de Rossi[/italic]

Unrelated but interesting:

May 4, 2017

[quote]Want to know how this B list mostly television actor/performer/celebrity manages to get loved on by this permanent A lister despite all of his sex assaults and rapes? Blackmail. He and his friends have some recordings of the significant other of the permanent A lister and they are doozies. Sex with multiple guys and drug use. Doing lines of coke off naked bodies. So, the next thing you know, the permanent A lister is all smiles and saying what a great guy the B lister is and everyone show love him. [italic]Danny Masterson with Ashton Kutcher/Ellen DeGeneres (Portia de Rossi)[/italic]

October 4, 2017

[quote]Talk about someone helping out. Both this daytime talk show host and her guest who is a former tweener both did a fellow former tweener a solid by putting it out there that he is into women. Is there any person out there who does not know he prefers guys? I mean come on. There is another talk show host who practically spelled it out for everyone. [italic]Daytime talk show host: Ellen DeGeneres, Guest: Demi Lovato, Fellow former tweener: Nick Jonas, Other talk show host: Andy Cohen[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 27, 2018 11:47 AM

R27 was in response to R7’s question

by Anonymousreply 28January 27, 2018 11:48 AM

In my 45 years of experience as an out lesbian, most of the lesbians I've met have been batshit crazy. I had that feeling as soon as I laid eyes on Ellen: just another bar dyke who loves being the center of attention and regaling the ladies with her funny stories while she downs shot after shot.

She's been very, very lucky. Her type is a dime a dozen.

by Anonymousreply 29January 27, 2018 12:03 PM

I've seen her show maybe two or three times but what creeped me out was her sadism. She was doing some game for prizes bit with a few chosen audience members and I'll never forget the look in her eyes when she sprayed (or something weird) one of the female contestants when she incorrectly answered a question. Sick bitch.

by Anonymousreply 30January 27, 2018 12:44 PM

She can't possibly be worse than Rosie.

by Anonymousreply 31January 27, 2018 12:48 PM

Let's see, she's nice 90% of the time but can't be bitchy or grouchy sometimes, and occasionally doesn't like someone. OMG YOU MEAN SHE'S HUMAN?!!! NO WAY??

by Anonymousreply 32January 27, 2018 12:54 PM

I'm not getting the May 4, 2017 BI at R27 -- Ashton Kutcher has tapes of Portia? And he's helping Danny Masterson by blackmailing Ellen with these tapes?

by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2018 1:05 PM

[quote] [Ellen] IS a fucking asshole, who makes the lives of her staff miserable. So was Letterman.

Sure, he had his faults, but Letterman was well-loved by his staff. Remember how he used to bring crew onstage? It began when he had asked TPTB to give the crew Christmas bonuses. They refused, so Letterman began calling his crew out on stage, knowing full well they'd have to be paid extra for an on-screen appearance.

by Anonymousreply 34January 27, 2018 1:09 PM

Its ok to be a bitch. I love bitches. They earn my respect. And I don't think Ellen is a bitch.

The article implies she's more of a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 35January 27, 2018 2:12 PM

Fame and wealth are very bad for a person.

by Anonymousreply 36January 27, 2018 2:20 PM

Ellen has always enjoyed making people squirm. She had one of her producers participate in a segment on massage and then while they were still on the air she pulled the towel up on the woman's feet and tickled them, knowing that the producer was very ticklish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37January 27, 2018 2:38 PM

You can tell she’s nuts by just looking at and watching her. Classic sociopath probably fueled by alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2018 2:39 PM

She sounds like your run of the mill lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2018 2:46 PM

Wow, that's a great story, R34

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2018 6:44 PM

She's a drunk and the only thing meaner than a drunk is a sober drunk waiting to get drunk.

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2018 6:55 PM

The writer's gave her a "gift" of the robot from her Walt Disney World EPCOT attraction for her 60th birthday. She was not pleased. You could tell. Just a little way of them getting back at her, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2018 6:59 PM

Ellen could give a shit what anyone thinks of her. The woman is a billionaire. When you have that kind of money. You genuinely don't give a fuck what anyone thinks of you. Because I sure don't.

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2018 7:15 PM

[quote]I love Ellen so much, I thought I would be like talking to Dory and I was really excited

A grown woman thought that having a conversation with a real-life person would be like talking to an animated fish that person voiced in a movie? What's wrong with this Ms. Olympios?

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2018 7:37 PM

Ellen is not a billionaire R43.

by Anonymousreply 45January 27, 2018 7:37 PM

R44 I was so tempted to point that out as well.

by Anonymousreply 46January 27, 2018 7:40 PM

Friends with a lesbian who occasionally travelled (platonically) in Ellen’s circle who stated, unequivocally, that Ellen Degeneres is the worst human being she had ever had the displeasure of encountering.

She would accompany a close friend of hers - a celebrity on Ellen’s level - and she said that no matter how many times, or how varied the occasions, Ellen was a terribly nasty human being.

by Anonymousreply 47January 27, 2018 7:53 PM

What I dont understand is why any dimwit ever considered Ellen to be principally a "nice" celebrity. Mean and snide and snarky have always been in her comedy. It was what made her funny!!!

Are people this dumb or forgetful?

by Anonymousreply 48January 27, 2018 8:16 PM

R45 I didn't know you were Ellen's accountant. Money adds up fast believe it or not. Her show is a huge hit and has been for 15 years now. If she's not a billionaire, then she's definitely adjacent to it. I don't think Ellen is being paid peanuts.

by Anonymousreply 49January 27, 2018 8:29 PM

messy bms

by Anonymousreply 50January 27, 2018 8:41 PM

I once met some awful short queen who works on her show in Weho. He has resting bitch face and a stinky butt.

by Anonymousreply 51January 27, 2018 8:44 PM

Comedians are like doctors. They do their job and don't appreciate to be expected to do their job right there in some totally random place (the street, a shop, etc.). Nobody owns another person, because the person bought a ticket, DVD, or a CD from the entertainer or is owed a spontanous, private performance when they meet randomly.

Of course comedians have their fair share of unpleasant jerks who get off bullying their staff when the camera is off. And be totally fun and cheery when the camera is on.

Show buiz attracts mental cases who like to put on a show, costumes, fictional identity to flee from their miserable real lives and then resent everybody for thinking they are like how they act on TV, movies, or stage in real life.

No wonder there are so many shrinks in L.A. and in NY.

by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2018 10:11 PM

Ellen is WORSE than Rosie at her WORST. FACT.

by Anonymousreply 53January 30, 2018 12:05 PM

I saw a behind the scenes, years ago, showing Ellen talking to one of her writers and she was a straight up cunt to her writer. I never watched her show or anything she’s been tied to after that.

by Anonymousreply 54January 30, 2018 12:12 PM

She occasionally vacations off to Eastern Europe to pay for the pleasure of torturing kidnapped tourists to death. I think they made a movie about it.

by Anonymousreply 55January 30, 2018 12:14 PM

[quote]I think why nothing sticks to Ellen is because it's all a lot of rumors and innuendos. There's nothing concrete there. This author for instance, just has a feeling that Ellen isn't as nice as she's pretending to be.

Man, if your eyes work and you have at least two-functioning brain cells, you can watch her show for all of 15 minutes and determine that she’s a cunt. Rosie too.

It doesn’t stick because people are oblivious. I envy that sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 56January 30, 2018 12:20 PM

Yes, r55, Tori Spelling was a revelation. "Mother May I Sleep With Ellen."

by Anonymousreply 57January 30, 2018 12:22 PM

One of my best friends is close to Ellen. She says that being friends with Ellen is like playing poker -- there are days when you win, and Ellen is sweet and fun and my friends enjoys the time they spend together. Then there are days when you lose, and being with Ellen makes you wish you were being tortured on a rack instead. It sounds to me like she has some kind of mood disorder pathology. A very serious one. And yet my friend still hangs around Ellen because, well, Ellen. And that's part of the problem with celebrities -- people put up with their horribleness because being friends with a celebrity is like an addiction. You know it isn't good for you but the highs you sometimes get are too tough to turn down. And so the celebrities know they can do whatever they want. It's not a healthy relationship. (Btw my friends loves Portia, says she's great.)

by Anonymousreply 58January 30, 2018 12:27 PM

She's not getting enough good strapon.

by Anonymousreply 59January 30, 2018 12:28 PM

For years of her career, Ellen was delivering 2 levels of "speaking in tongues". She always had a venomous superiority-based snark that could be read by gays and lesbians when she wasn't out by the way. Her huge present audience is apparently too dumb or doesn't have receptors for it. She has always been a cutting lesbian cunt.

by Anonymousreply 60January 30, 2018 12:28 PM

We must destroy her.

by Anonymousreply 61January 30, 2018 12:35 PM

she has an odd affinity for the Kardashians - she celebrates a family who became known because of a porn video . She throws around woman empowerment bullshit, but advocates young girls doing porn to become famous

by Anonymousreply 62January 30, 2018 12:39 PM

[quote]She would accompany a close friend of hers - a celebrity on Ellen’s level - and she said that no matter how many times, or how varied the occasions, Ellen was a terribly nasty human being.

Did your friend give anymore details, r47? Spill!

by Anonymousreply 63January 30, 2018 12:57 PM

I met her and her partner at the time, Alexandra Hedison, at a hotel. It was right when her talk show first started. Alexandra was in a big hat, smiling, and was as friendly as could be. Ellen, on the other hand, was sulking, depressed and unfriendly. It was obvious that their relationship wasn't going to last.

by Anonymousreply 64January 30, 2018 4:57 PM

Oh gays, how quickly you forget.

Ellen played a major in the turning of the tide in mainstream acceptance of gays and lesbians in the US.

I don't get why we insist that people be "on" or nice all the fucking time. Very few people at the top of their industries are what we think of as nice. Look at what they do and accomplish, not just how they act, and then make your assessment.

I usually see this kind of vitriol aimed at Oprah on DL. It's another case of odd fury directed at someone who has become wildly successful but someone who has also dedicated herself to social causes.

I sometimes wonder if it's a burning case of envy.

by Anonymousreply 65January 30, 2018 10:53 PM

Yeah, but still... someone with her level of success should be kissing the ground. She should be overjoyed. Why is she so unhappy?

by Anonymousreply 66January 30, 2018 11:06 PM

She is a comedian. They are seldom happy people.

by Anonymousreply 67January 30, 2018 11:08 PM

R9 = Ellen Degeneres

by Anonymousreply 68January 30, 2018 11:09 PM

It's hereditary- have you ever seen the interviews wirh her mother? The woman seethes.

by Anonymousreply 69January 30, 2018 11:15 PM

Her dark eye makeup always gives me the creeps

by Anonymousreply 70January 30, 2018 11:16 PM

R62 she seems to have a strange loyalty to the Kardashians. It's really weird. Kris Jenner has way to much power.

by Anonymousreply 71January 31, 2018 11:07 PM

Comics just aren't nice people. Look at Lucille Ball. She would have shanked you if you tried to steal a cigarette from her.

by Anonymousreply 72January 31, 2018 11:09 PM

I sometimes wonder what personalities/entertainers like Ellen and Ryan Seacrest really think (like deep down) about their work. They have their successful shows, and make good money, but they must know their "product" is disposable fluff and nobody would miss it, if it was gone.

by Anonymousreply 73February 1, 2018 12:04 AM

I randomly turned on Ellen's show one day she came off as being really annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 74February 1, 2018 12:23 AM

I guarantee you Ellen thinks she is doing the Lord's work.

by Anonymousreply 75February 1, 2018 12:25 AM

In private she's apparently just a typical old ugly bull dyke. I've never met a diesel that was a nice person. They're all just as mean and hateful as can be, especially towards men.

I mean, if I woke up to see this staring back at me from the bathroom mirror every morning I'd be a mean asshole too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 1, 2018 12:32 AM

I've met a number of nice diesels.

by Anonymousreply 77February 1, 2018 12:33 AM

He show is so unbelievably unfunny and she still can’t conduct an interview for shit after 15 years. She’s like Jimmy Fallon - stammering and acting like a deer caught in the headlines. People enjoy watching this shit? I was a big fan of Ellen’s stand-up and sitcom, but her talk show is horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 78February 1, 2018 12:34 AM

Ellen couldn’t get a job after she came out. She lost everything. Now she thinks she’s Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2018 12:36 AM

How her shit survived and Bonnie Hunt got cancelled is beyond me. God I loved Bonnie's talk show.

by Anonymousreply 80February 1, 2018 12:36 AM

The last time she hosted the Oscars was interesting. She was downright nasty to people like Liza Minnelli and June Squibb, but made sure she kissed the ass of the big wigs. ( Including doing that ridiculous selfie sitting on Meryl's lap of course)

by Anonymousreply 81February 1, 2018 12:37 AM

I know I should like her because the reality is she did a lot for gay acceptance. I truly believe that. I just fucking loathe her though.

by Anonymousreply 82February 1, 2018 12:42 AM

R76, lol, as soon as I saw that photo, I remembered when it was first posted on DL, in the "Ellen is now Rutger Hauer" thread. Lots of laughs in that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 1, 2018 12:59 AM

I don't want to stereotype, but I think lesbians themselves would agree that they are generally meaner than the average person.

by Anonymousreply 84February 1, 2018 1:27 AM

Ah, men: r65

Yes, Ellen is the queen of The Practical Joke. And yes, she seems to get an inordinate amount of pleasure catching people off-guard. So do I!

Seeing the pic at r76, do you think Ellen will "freshen" herself during hiatus this year? I think Ellen will fight that, and perhaps have just a nip and tuck. Or maybe Ellen will just age gracefully.

And if you've seen Gladys Knight since her "freshening" it might make Ellen think...

by Anonymousreply 85February 1, 2018 1:47 AM

r85 Ellen's already had a shit-ton of work done.

by Anonymousreply 86February 1, 2018 1:54 AM

r73 I don't know if I'd group Ellen and Ryan in the same category...I have no doubt that she is probably a bitch but that doesn't negate the funny stand up shit she has done and her show in the 90's. Ryan doesn't create anything, he's just a pretty face who asks dumb questions and hosts things. Say Kelly Ripa instead, she's on Ryan's level.

by Anonymousreply 87February 1, 2018 1:55 AM

Think about it. Most comedians (male and female) are total evil nasty shits when they're not performing. Not only that but most of them seem to turn out to be mental cases as well. Lots of bi-polars and schizophrenics in the comedy world I hear.

by Anonymousreply 88February 1, 2018 2:00 AM

I dunno, R80. I've heard Bonnie Cunt was no prize, either.

by Anonymousreply 89February 1, 2018 2:05 AM

Ellen is drunk by 4pm, every day, she’s caustic before the booze kicks in and then VILE after, she lambasts staff, screeches about how unfunny everything is and most odious, makes a mockery of her “charity cases”, all she cares about is her money and her promos, she is obsessed with doing the promos, and she DESPISES any similar talents.

by Anonymousreply 90February 1, 2018 4:17 AM

The beginning of each show is sheer awfulness. Ellen dancing to the stage - I call it dancing but it is more like facial mugging with the body. The woman has no real grace or rhythm, and her supreme self conceit and air of demanding applause is ridiculous. Of course, her mostly female audience cheers and claps.

by Anonymousreply 91February 1, 2018 3:54 PM

Sad but I know first hand what a bitch Rosie was to everyone. The parallels between the two and their persona Is undeniable. I really wanted to like Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 92February 1, 2018 4:08 PM

I thought that she became bitter when Anne Heche left her...but maybe Anne had a good reason to leave...

by Anonymousreply 93February 1, 2018 4:44 PM

R85, that picture at R76 is from 2012 per the thread at R83.

R90, if she thinks the jokes are so unfunny, why doesn't she write some of her own to her liking? Does she even do much show prep? You wouldn't know it by the interviews.

by Anonymousreply 94February 1, 2018 5:17 PM

I've watched her show several times. Even when she's being nice to most guests (other than the ones she's clearly intimidated by) you can see a definitely layer of snark bitchiness in her demeanor. She constantly looks at and responds to many guests in a way that shows she's thinking "I'll show this punk". She doesn't give off an impression that she actually likes many of her guests and if they don't perform in a way to make her look good to the viewers she really seems to throw the shade at them.

by Anonymousreply 95February 1, 2018 5:39 PM

R95’s description of Ellen sounds just like Letterman.

by Anonymousreply 96February 1, 2018 5:43 PM

Because she is older

by Anonymousreply 97February 1, 2018 5:48 PM

Old news.

I remember rumors from forever ago that people who worked with her never know what mood she'll be in and she changes moods real fast.

Always hoped Portia is okay.

by Anonymousreply 98February 1, 2018 5:59 PM

ED is not what I would consider diesel or bull. I’d love for AH to really come clean and dish. I’ve heard for years that it was very drug fueled. I hear the rages and mood swings are due to Columbian Marching Powder.

by Anonymousreply 99February 1, 2018 6:00 PM

Most comedians are viscerally honest. That kind of emotional depth no doubt comes from a life fraught with trauma, or as R 88 points out, a biological familiarity with mental illness. Let us not forget either, menopause is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 100February 1, 2018 6:01 PM

Isn't she post-menopausal at this point? She's 60+ I think.

by Anonymousreply 101February 1, 2018 6:02 PM

R99 YES. It’s akways the day after the day after brutality with ED.

by Anonymousreply 102February 1, 2018 6:02 PM

Ellen is not well-liked.

Her brother Vance — who's a writer and was briefly a correspondent on THE DAILY SHOW -- is just the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 103February 1, 2018 6:14 PM

R91

Ellen, you danced like a graceless bull dyke out there.

by Anonymousreply 104February 1, 2018 6:37 PM

She went from the lonely cat lady on Open House to an Empress with an Empire..

by Anonymousreply 105February 13, 2018 8:59 PM

Bonnie Hunt is a total fucking nightmare.

I know someone that worked on her show and the called her Bonnie cunt. Yes it's an obvious joke and an completely accurate description.

by Anonymousreply 106February 13, 2018 9:30 PM

r93....Funny you say that. I ran into Ellen and Anne Heche out shopping in 1998.....they were just walking down the street, arms around each other, window shopping....smiling, happy.....said Hi when I stopped to admire the same piece of furniture. Im sure shes a bitch when shes working...those people create her image. Id be demanding to. Plus the pressure from being so high profile. When nobody was around, she seemed relaxed.

by Anonymousreply 107February 13, 2018 9:34 PM

Most comedians are not nice people in person. They act jovial on stage but most are depressed messes.

by Anonymousreply 108February 13, 2018 9:40 PM

I may have told this story before, but I had a good friend who worked for a dog washing company. A job he LOVED. He's a total animal lover. Ellen would bring her dog(s) to him, just by chance. They struck up an odd worker/client friendship over the months. Eventually, she asked him to be her assistant. The pay was ten times better, he got to be around a legend to him. So he quit a job he loved.

After three days pf treating him like shit, she fired him. She blamed Portia. And he wasn't able to get his old job back.

Trust me, she's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 109February 13, 2018 9:52 PM

Anne Heche, who I like, is mentally ill. Portia de Rossi is a serious lifelong drug abuser with body dysmorphia, as was ex-girlfriend Francesca Gregorini - life-long jet setting degenerate addict.

At least Ellen is a reliable worker and a genius at her career and money making.

by Anonymousreply 110February 13, 2018 10:12 PM

the real genius behind her image, and managed to get her into the big time behind the scenes, was her mother.

by Anonymousreply 111February 13, 2018 10:26 PM

Ellen is a successful alcoholic 110.

by Anonymousreply 112February 14, 2018 1:54 PM

When I was at Disneyworld last year, I can't believe they had a ride named after her. Imagine ,a big old dyke, going so mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 113February 14, 2018 4:29 PM

Her show was on the tv in the waiting room the other day and I couldn't help laughing at the lighting on her show. They must use the kindest lighting they can rig, and put the best filters on the cameras.

by Anonymousreply 114February 14, 2018 4:37 PM

What I want to know is why did the bitch steal Barbara Barrie's hairdon't ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 14, 2018 4:52 PM

Mean drunk. And when not drunk. But...rare that she isn't drunk.

by Anonymousreply 116February 14, 2018 5:15 PM

I don't know if Ellen is a drunk or not, but...wouldn't that make it very hard for Portia with her addiction problems? I would think the last person (people) she would want to hang out with are those that abuse alcohol or drugs.

by Anonymousreply 117February 14, 2018 5:26 PM

When is she going to have an "open House" reunion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118February 14, 2018 5:41 PM

R117 Make it EASY for Portia to have the best drugs and private travel so never get caught.

by Anonymousreply 119February 14, 2018 6:03 PM

[quote]I don't know if Ellen is a drunk or not, but...wouldn't that make it very hard for Portia with her addiction problems?

Do you have any idea of the kind of lifestyle she's living on Ellen's money? You can put up with a lot of shit for that.

by Anonymousreply 120February 14, 2018 6:23 PM

R47 more, please.

by Anonymousreply 121February 14, 2018 6:52 PM

R120 You don't know what you are talking about. Anyone that has lived with an alcoholic will tell you it is very difficult. For many they are walking on pins and needles not knowing if the alcoholic is going to be in a good mood or a bad mood.

by Anonymousreply 122February 14, 2018 8:54 PM

R95 the most relaxed & happy a guest I’ve ever seen her sit down with is David Spade, a fellow comedian who came up around the same time as Ellen and in a similar way. They’ve known each other for years and have parallel careers but for the talkshow. David even considered asking her out, once.

Spade has a bitchy streak but he’s generally quite good-natured to civilians. He’s not a storming success and so has to play the ‘celebrity appearance’ game but won’t often suffer fools (unless he’s bedding them). Seems strange he’d be so pally with Ellen if she’s as awful as everyone is saying..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123February 14, 2018 11:00 PM

R111 why is ellens mother responsible for her success? Was she her manager or something at one point. Curious.

by Anonymousreply 124February 14, 2018 11:01 PM

Argh, meant to post this clip.

“And then I got the News.” Spade is an hilarious storyteller, I love his style in interviews. Interesting that he was meant to play a brother to Ellen in a discarded sitcom, suppose it’s because they look and sound alike. It could have been gold.

Ellen looks a little thrown when he talks about having a crush on her even though she knows already; is David trolling using a fake anecdote, or is Ellen a little bit bi? They first met on the circuit and David says he developed a crush on her in Dallas after a show that he supported her on (for stand-up comics this is the height of intimacy).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 14, 2018 11:19 PM

I've heard she's actually a cunt in various places for like a decade now.

by Anonymousreply 126February 14, 2018 11:21 PM

In that photo OP linked, she looks like an evil elf.

by Anonymousreply 127February 14, 2018 11:22 PM

I turned straight after that fucking dyke!

by Anonymousreply 128February 14, 2018 11:41 PM

Her mother helped hugely in her success. Not by being a manager but being astute, and probably the only person Ellen ever truly loved(besides herself), Betty could say anything to her. You don't sound nice when you day it like that......you should wear this....your set should look like that.....so and so should be on your show....do a line of greeting cards..... Betty walked her through it step by step. Betty can and will say anything to Ellen and Ellen listens.

by Anonymousreply 129February 15, 2018 12:01 AM

She's whatever but gets off on scaring people way too much. Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 130February 15, 2018 2:04 AM

R62 according to David Spade, Kris Jenner pulled an all-nighter at Ellen’s 60th birthday party ignoring an embarrassed Kim K. tugging on her sleeve begging to go home.

Also note; this little throwaway Spade comment backing up R30....

[quote] (to ED, about pranking her guests) I can’t relax here. It’s more fun for you than it is for us...”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 17, 2018 1:17 AM

Why become a talkshow host if you don't like people?

by Anonymousreply 132February 17, 2018 1:30 AM

I've heard from a former producer that she's a very mean person. Ironic, isn't it? Don't believe whatever you see on tv.

by Anonymousreply 133February 17, 2018 1:41 AM

Well R132, she tried movies and failed, she tried sitcoms and they were canceled, so can't blame her for sticking with the thing that worked for her.

by Anonymousreply 134February 17, 2018 2:42 AM

She will destroy a MacBook Pro if she isn’t nominated for an award, saw it, horrid old Lez cunt.

by Anonymousreply 135February 17, 2018 4:56 AM

god remember that shitfest Mr. Wrong?

by Anonymousreply 136February 17, 2018 5:01 AM

Ellen shows her true demanding and demeaning self in a skit with U2's Bono and Edge. Flyover fans think Ellen is putting on a mean act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 16, 2018 2:10 PM

Have she and Jeff Sessions ever been photographed in the same room together? 🧐

by Anonymousreply 138May 16, 2018 2:21 PM

During her misbegotten season of judging American Idol, Fox promoted it as Nice (Ellen) vs Nasty (Simon). But I heard from a VERY respected entertainment journalist that everyone knew that behind the scenes it was the complete reverse. Simon is known for being a mensch and Ellen a tyrant. It makes me sad given her trail blazing but I can separate that from the reality of what sounds like a miserable off camera personality.

by Anonymousreply 139May 16, 2018 2:21 PM

Jeff Sessions is prettier than Ellen.

by Anonymousreply 140May 16, 2018 2:29 PM

R139, that’s very true indeed, she was a nightmare, a friend worked on the show during those years, she said Ellen just has this way of being in a constant seething state off camera, and absolutely hates to have to discuss anything with other humans.

by Anonymousreply 141May 16, 2018 5:52 PM

I'm sure pussy juice calms her down.

by Anonymousreply 142May 16, 2018 7:17 PM

She's got truckloads of money, a wife who seems to be a nice person, a cushy job (whether she likes it or not, I don't know, but she's not digging ditches).

So what's her problem? Alcohol? No one without some disorder/problem is just mean all day every day?

by Anonymousreply 143May 16, 2018 7:20 PM

r143 Yes being lesbian and childless is not enough.

by Anonymousreply 144May 16, 2018 7:25 PM

Off camera, she's a monster of a human. To everyone. Cruel doesn't even begin to describe it. If there was a #MeToo against horrible people, she'd be one of the first to go.

by Anonymousreply 145May 16, 2018 7:27 PM

[quote][R143] Yes being lesbian and childless is not enough.

So, let me get this straight. You hate lesbians (all women, probably), you look down on childless women and you think Ellen Degeneres has a problem?

Look in the mirror. You'll see someone hateful and miserable. The same thing that people around you see when they look at you.

by Anonymousreply 146May 16, 2018 7:30 PM

For some reason I don’t believe this.

It reeks of a hit job.

She must have pissed off some republican propagandist.

by Anonymousreply 147May 16, 2018 7:51 PM

I heard she puts open cans of Starkist in the green room and calls it "potpourri."

by Anonymousreply 148May 16, 2018 8:15 PM

The lack of actual 'mean person' details reeks of a hit job too.

With Rosie, her meltdowns came with actual cringeworthy quotes. The best anyone can come up with here is that Ellen doesn't actually like to talk with people in real life. That isn't mean, that is introverted.

by Anonymousreply 149May 16, 2018 8:20 PM

Rosie was best friends with Madonna. I always figured if some one was a best friend of Madge they weren't a nice person.

by Anonymousreply 150May 16, 2018 8:22 PM

She's been a cunt for years.

by Anonymousreply 151May 16, 2018 8:24 PM

Lmao, if you think this is a Republican hit job on Ellen, then you must be brand new here.

by Anonymousreply 152May 16, 2018 8:28 PM

Yeah, unless you’re a flyover frau who loves that Ellen and her dancin’, or her publicist’s summer intern, there is no reason anyone should be posting defending messages her, Ellen has been a negative, demeaning energy ever since she had her sitcom. And news flash, she DID NOT want to come out in relation to her old show, but behind the scenes events forced her hand. If Ellen didn’t promote herself as the nicest gal in town, I wouldn’t care to expose the vileness, but her whole empire rests on the outrageous notion she’s one of the “good guys” in the biz, simply not true. Ellen was/is/forever an angry comic fighting against all her fantasy enemies.

by Anonymousreply 153May 16, 2018 9:06 PM

Comedians internally are some of the most unhappy people on the face of the earth. And you can take that to the bank. Trust me I know.

Truth!

by Anonymousreply 154May 16, 2018 9:09 PM

I saw her show once where a TV celebrity (forget who) was proudly showing a video of his toddler. She mumbled "Just look at that face" and you could tell she was being a twat even though the actor was oblivious. It was very cunty.

by Anonymousreply 155May 16, 2018 9:21 PM

She is fake

by Anonymousreply 156May 16, 2018 9:49 PM

She might be mean but I can't take Kathy Griffin seriously. Ellen made her cry over the phone? Oh, come on! Kathy undoubtedly can dish it out, too.

by Anonymousreply 157May 16, 2018 10:01 PM

Kathy Griffin doesn't fit the "tone" of Ellen's show. Kathy probably was resentful about not being booked on it. But I notice Kathy's never been on Jimmy Fallon either. They are not the right shows for Kathy's type of humor.

by Anonymousreply 158May 16, 2018 10:04 PM

Ellen and Jimmy kiss up to celebrities too much to risk having KG on their shows.

by Anonymousreply 159May 16, 2018 10:07 PM

That's right, R159, that's their thing. Kathy shouldn't expect to be on Ellen's show. There are plenty of other alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 160May 16, 2018 10:12 PM

[quote] I started noticing something was "off" about Ellen's persona while watching an interview she did with Katy Perry

Seemed a fairly normal reaction to Katy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161May 16, 2018 10:16 PM

R161, imagine if a male celebrity that to a female in 2018? He would be humiliated and his career over.

by Anonymousreply 162May 16, 2018 10:52 PM

R162: There are numerous double standards in Hollyweird.

by Anonymousreply 163May 16, 2018 11:07 PM

A not particularly funny person. Comes across as a cold fish. Cannot imaging her eating Portia's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 164May 16, 2018 11:16 PM

Not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 165May 16, 2018 11:21 PM

Remember what Mary Sunshine has to sing...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166May 16, 2018 11:39 PM

But the thing is ... Kathy HAS been on Ellen. She somehow got banned after what was a seemingly very friendly appearance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 17, 2018 11:02 AM

I have a few behind the scenes friends who have worked with Ellen and from what they've to,d me, she's incredibly insecure almost neurotic. Particularly about lighting and how she looks. If she weren't famous she'd probably be a shy, quiet lady so she is sort of out of her element being perceived as the life of the party. She is bitchy and short tempered because she's really uncomfortable in her own shoes.

by Anonymousreply 168May 17, 2018 11:47 AM

She has a ranch for abused and abandoned pets. She's okay in my book (I hate people, too).

by Anonymousreply 169May 17, 2018 11:57 AM

Um, not shocking news that she's a cold fish to everyone: she's a drunk and a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 170May 17, 2018 11:58 AM

I liked her as an entertainer until I saw a few of her celebrity scare bits. Anyone who gets off on constantly scaring people has big mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 171May 17, 2018 12:20 PM

[Quote] Cannot imaging her eating Portia's pussy.

Did you really want to?

by Anonymousreply 172May 17, 2018 4:39 PM

Thanks, R168. That kind of makes sense, even if it doesn't excuse her behavior.

by Anonymousreply 173May 17, 2018 4:44 PM

I used to think her stand-up specials were really, really funny. Now on her own show, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 174May 17, 2018 4:55 PM

R168 she objectively looks great for 60. Obviously it wasn't the miracles of drugstore brands she promotes like covergirl, etc. At minimum she uses expensive creams.

The neck is a bit turkeyish but most people, especially ladies, don't start slapping lotions on their neck till too late. Great makeup, obvi. Any nip tuck?

by Anonymousreply 175May 18, 2018 12:52 AM

[quote] Her dark eye makeup always gives me the creeps

That's the fault of her staff, not Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 18, 2018 1:39 AM

[quote]Obviously it wasn't the miracles of drugstore brands she promotes like covergirl, etc.

As if ANY of the celebs pushing the beauty products for sale in drugstores actually use any of that stuff. It's just a way to make some easy money for them. They all use really high-end stuff that's not for sale just anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 177May 18, 2018 1:45 AM

Has she updated her hairdo yet ? Sporting the same one for 20+ yrs now.

by Anonymousreply 178May 18, 2018 1:47 AM

R175, she had her neck done over 10 years ago. I don't know if she's had anything else since then, but in 2012 or so there was a thread here about her very wrinkled for her age face.

by Anonymousreply 179May 18, 2018 2:02 AM

"In the commercial for the show, Ellen is seen laughing maniacally as she drops contestants into pits and flings them off stage. "

I've seen that side of her - it's been obvious. It's been the side of her that makes me uncomfortable. She had Sherri Shepherd on the show as an occasional sidekick, and Shepherd did a filmed bit where she ended up doing a lot of pratfalls, scary stuff - can't remember it all, but it was one uncomfortable thing after another and at times she would shriek. Ellen laughed her ass off. Yes, the video was supposed to be funny, but Ellen's laughter struck me. It was kind of off time. Like, yeah, this is silly, and Shepherd agreed to do it, but there were times when a sort of humorous compassion would have been in order. Ellen was just gleeful. The more uncomfortable or awkward the situation Shepherd was in, the louder Ellen laughed. I think she has a sadistic side. I think that's also why she sometimes awards people in trouble in an over the top, humiliating way on her show.

by Anonymousreply 180May 18, 2018 2:07 AM

Ellen's obviously had great work because she used to have eye bags and now doesn't, and a couple of other loose-ish face areas are tightER, but not tight. The only person who has had work that good, IMO, is Susan Sarandon - and the only reason it's obvious Sarandon had work is she used to have eye bags and jowls and both have been gone for years. I think both of them just tweaked the stuff that was a bit loose on their faces or got rid of the wattle under the chin, and called it a day. Didn't use lip filler, implants, all the rest. Got rid of bad stuff without adding.

Ellen's body has completely transformed over the past x # of years. Don't know if it's a fitness/diet regime she's on, or if it's coke. The only thing she has to struggle with lookswise, IMO, is she was a sun worshipper and that's havoc on the skin no matter how great the work you've had may be.

by Anonymousreply 181May 18, 2018 2:21 AM

Her face looks dewey and glowing at that r137 youtube clip, 15 May 2018. Besides makeup, they must have "toned" all her stage and "backstage" lighting in her most flattering light.

Another hilarious one is Jen Aniston shilling Aveeno. Puhleese.

by Anonymousreply 182May 18, 2018 2:28 AM

Ellen just seems like an introvert. How does that make her an awful person? Nobody cared that David Letterman was an introvert. The stories told about her have sexism all over them

by Anonymousreply 183May 18, 2018 2:29 AM

r162, Calm Down, Michael Rappaport. The picture is like 5 years old long before the Me Too movement. It's simply a picture of a woman having a laugh with her female friend. Would you have the same reaction if that was Rihanna in that pic with Katy?

Are miley and katy assaulting each other?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 18, 2018 2:39 AM

[quote] Are miley and katy assaulting each other?

Frequently.

by Anonymousreply 185May 18, 2018 2:44 AM

For the person who asked about her mother, just after she came out on her Ellen show (and it was cancelled), she and her mother went on a speaking tour across the country. (The two of them came to my college.)

Betty was always available for tv interviews to talk about how Ellen's being gay wasn't a problem for her. It seems obvious now, but at the time, she (the mother) came across as a real champ.

by Anonymousreply 186May 18, 2018 3:02 AM

Ellen once came into my place of employment. She spent thousands of dollars on tons of products. She was rude, petulant, short, needy. Just horrible. After I rang her up, she told me it was too much money (I made sure she was well aware of the price of each item as she chose them). She demanded a discount. After throwing a tantrum, my manager gave her 20 percent off. She left in a huff. Mind you, I, and the other staff, were completely nice to her. She was making up drama that simply wasn't there. It was crazy.

She finally leaves. But comes back a few moments later with a parking ticket in her hand. She slammed it on the counter and said our store HAD to pay for it. Apparently, the entire time she was shopping her car was parked in the red.

Hate her.

by Anonymousreply 187May 18, 2018 4:51 AM

My daughter works in a restaurant in LA. A few years back, Ellen came in and was extremely rude to her server. Upon leaving, Ellen asked for the manager and told him that her server was rude, condensending and had chipped nail polish. The restaurant manager then fired the girl.

by Anonymousreply 188May 18, 2018 5:31 AM

R188 I heard a similar story about how she fired one of her interns because he wished her a happy birthday. Apparently, she doesn't like it when low level staff interact with her or even look her in the eye.

by Anonymousreply 189May 18, 2018 5:42 AM

She looks just like Jeff Sessions in OP's photo.

by Anonymousreply 190January 5, 2019 5:54 PM

She "adopts" pets then forces them on staff members.

by Anonymousreply 191January 5, 2019 6:00 PM

Nobody cares what a frau magazine says. Go cuddle your mugs elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 192January 5, 2019 6:01 PM

Every comedian has a dark-DARK side, it's what makes them funny and emotionally exhausting. Every daytime TV personality is an asshole male or female. Unlike the news, it takes a lot out of a person to be the happy, supporting TV personality. Notice, her staff doesn't quit, so she can not be that bad.

OPRAH and Dr Phill are the same way. Big deal. OPRAH made up for it with great gifts for her staff who remained loyal to her.

by Anonymousreply 193January 5, 2019 6:06 PM

Kathy has started sucking up to Andy Lassner and Ellen now that Yashar Ali is her PR

by Anonymousreply 194January 5, 2019 6:06 PM

[Quote] Every comedian has a dark-DARK side, it's what makes them funny and emotionally exhausting.

They usually seem to be depressed or suffer from some form of mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 195January 5, 2019 8:11 PM

She grew up in a Christian scientist religious household where nobody showed their true feelings. So it makes perfect sense that she would act like nothing is wrong or that she’s always nice. I mean wtf, I can’t imagine not being able to show feelings or emotions growing up or pretending that everything is ok even when it’s not. That’s got to be crazy making and even make you question your own reality/sanity. Her childhood sounded awful, she was thrown out because her parents didn’t want her around the younger girls because her gayness might rub off on them?? She was molested by her stepfather. I mean I’m sure she has unresolved issues like everyone else. Even the ones who claim to have had a perfect childhood...those people are usually in denial or are too impaired to even see it - those are truly the sick ones. Everyone does damage to their kids, either intentionally or unintentionally, it just is.

She strikes me as someone who always just wanted to be liked, so that can carry a certain image after awhile - especially if you’re always in the spotlight under a microscope. The thing is, why is everyone so damn judgmental? You know the saying...”walk a mile in my shoes”? We don’t know the whole story or what the reasons are behind any of it. These are one sided stories with questionable narrators. Nobody really knows if she is different behind closed doors, but if she is, so what?? Most people are including me! If I acted at work like I do at home sometimes, omg they’d fire me, or I’d be in jail. Lol. It must be very difficult being closely monitored under everyone’s watchful eyes.

by Anonymousreply 196November 1, 2019 2:08 AM

She is going to end up alone, bitter and a hag. She should get a shrink while she can, before they pass up on her fucking crazy train of vindictive assholeness and war crime love.

by Anonymousreply 197November 1, 2019 2:18 AM

"She is going to end up alone, "

Not while she's rich.

"bitter"

Already there I should think.

" and a hag. "

We all wind up hags if we live long enough.

Don't kid yourself.

by Anonymousreply 198November 1, 2019 4:18 AM

[Quote] She is going to end up alone, bitter and a hag.

She won't have any trouble finding someone else if Portia decides to leave.

by Anonymousreply 199November 1, 2019 6:45 AM

Didn't she do something to Howard Stern and got him the sack or something? They have made up now and she says he was mean, but I suspect it was the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 200November 1, 2019 6:49 AM

That article builds to its closer of suggesting DeGeneres is a sociopath based solely on the author’s shaky arguments that DeGeneres is rumored to be mean and doesn’t always seem to be in a good mood. A sociopath? I don’t understand what editors’ jobs are these days if they publish unfounded accusations like that without any evidence.

by Anonymousreply 201November 1, 2019 7:05 AM

Ellen does seem like a bitch, but this coming from Kathy Griffin is a bad source. I’ll just take the most truthful road: they're both unlikable, bitter cunts. Both Ellen and Kathy don’t have many friends off set.

by Anonymousreply 202November 1, 2019 7:08 AM

Kathy was very funny for a long time. But she seems to hate absolutely everyone. Or rather, she seems to think everyone is always slighting her if not outright abusing her. I believe her account of Andy Cohen’s drug pushing and his personality because he seems like a drug fiend and an opportunist, but could everyone really have violated her in so many egregious ways? Besides Cher, who has she not had a falling out with?

by Anonymousreply 203November 1, 2019 7:11 AM

Ellen comes across as a mean, sadistic bitch. All those “games” that she plays during her daytime talk show and on her prime-time game show are downright nasty and awful. She delights in torturing people. And that “nice act” that she tries to project is so phony.

by Anonymousreply 204November 1, 2019 8:05 AM

We already had a thread about Ellen. The fact she takes such glee out of scaring people shows she is not normal. Scaring a guest or two a few times a year might be funny but it's a regular thing over and over. Then she has sadistic games where she stands there and laughs to tears watching people degrade themselves for a big screen TV. Then she goes primetime with her torture games. Not sure and don't care if she is "mean" but she sure isn't normal.

by Anonymousreply 205November 1, 2019 9:55 AM

I remember Joe Rogan on Fear Factor almost falling over laughing while contestants screamed. He was the best part of that show.

by Anonymousreply 206November 1, 2019 10:07 AM

She always seems on edge on her show. Even if she's awarding a free holiday she looks petrified that the audience member might hug her.

by Anonymousreply 207November 1, 2019 10:38 AM

R4, what IS it with that phrase? It reminds me of hookup/dating apps. Every single person who posts stuff like "be kind to one another", "I'm a nice guy", "very nice guy looking for other guys", is a douchebag in person. Always. Ellen didn't say "be kind to one another" on grindr but I'm sure she's a douche in real life.

by Anonymousreply 208November 1, 2019 12:51 PM

Is Ellen obsessed with trying to call out people she thinks don’t like her? Makes her seem EXTREMELY insecure. The way she tries to call out Dakota Johnson is rude and makes no sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209November 27, 2019 6:25 PM

Is she mean or are heterosexuals just stupid and incompetent?

by Anonymousreply 210November 27, 2019 6:38 PM

Why shouldn't she be mean to people who fucking deserve it? You fucking heterosexuals think you are fucking owed everything, don't you? You think you own the whole fucking world but Goddess forbid a gay person of EITHER SEX dare take any little corner of it for ourselves. Heterosexuals literally get away with murder, but a lesbian raises her voice just a decibel above whisper-quiet and suddenly the uppity dyke needs to be put in her place? Fuck that shit.

Ellen earned the right to be mean because heterosexuals deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 211November 27, 2019 6:40 PM

Is ELLEN allowed to grow her hair long or does that break some lesbian code of honor of which I am unaware ?

by Anonymousreply 212November 27, 2019 6:40 PM

She had long hair on that Fox show she was on in the 1980s:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 27, 2019 6:42 PM

And for all you [italic]Golden Girls[/italic] queens, her first show for Disney is why they had to recast Dorothy's sister Gloria:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 27, 2019 6:43 PM

[quote]She can't possibly be worse than Rosie.

Rosie is not mean. Rosie is actually kind to a fault. She would give you her last dollar if she thought you needed it. Lucky for her she has good people that make sure she doesn't. She has her issues but c'mon we all do and hers are magnified by fame. She bought a townhouse with her own money and opened up a place for kids to come and learn the arts that have been cut from schools. A place where many here would have loved to have gone to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215November 27, 2019 6:52 PM

This is just heterosexual male propaganda designed to defame lesbians and thus by proxy all women.

by Anonymousreply 216November 27, 2019 6:53 PM

The last time Ellen made me smile was 1998. I always thought she was a one trick pony . Cute when she was younger but kind of boring now that she's over 60. She's a good representative of the vapidness of today's Hollywood. She's the female version of Neil Patrick Harris. Nothing more than cotton candy

by Anonymousreply 217November 27, 2019 6:56 PM

A mean lesbo? No way !!!

by Anonymousreply 218November 27, 2019 7:01 PM

A mean lesbo? No way !!!

by Anonymousreply 219November 27, 2019 7:01 PM

Heterosexual women are handmaids. Go Ellen!

by Anonymousreply 220November 27, 2019 7:02 PM

I wish Pete would be mean to the hetero-perverts trying to deny him the Presidency.

by Anonymousreply 221November 27, 2019 7:03 PM

I always thought she was a lousy comic--derivative of Seinfeld, but without the talent. Her coming out episode was the only one I could watch all the way through. The show in its veraious iterations was otherwise unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 222November 27, 2019 7:10 PM

She looks like Rene Auberjonois

by Anonymousreply 223November 27, 2019 7:10 PM

R211 I hear you, but I’m not annoyed with her for having power and using it, I’m annoyed because she, like many folks in Hollywood, has become a hypocrite. She calls out folks for sexism/harassment and homophobia one second, then defends Kevin Hart and stares at Katy Perry’s boobs in the next moment. She also likes to act as the moral compass for white straight women in America, getting really overtly preachy on her show. She tells people to be kind and then calls out and shames an audience member for taking two free Ellen memorabilia items and not one—embarrassing this woman on national tv. If she’s not nice, fine, but don’t be a hypocrite, at least.

by Anonymousreply 224November 27, 2019 8:26 PM

[quote] She looks like Rene Auberjonois

Except that when [italic]Benson[/italic] put him in drag he looked more feminine.

by Anonymousreply 225November 27, 2019 8:37 PM

R217 Neil would probably take that as a compliment 😄

by Anonymousreply 226November 28, 2019 1:20 AM

Her relationship with George Bush shows what a selfish hypocrite she is. And her response was to say "peoples political opinions shouldn't matter". What BS. Yes Ellen, let's all be friends with people who actively want to take away our rights.

by Anonymousreply 227November 28, 2019 1:43 AM

I don’t Understand people with hundreds of millions who keep working grueling hours and putting up with the frustration to make more. Seacrest is even weirded. To aggressively hide in the closet for sake Of making hundreds millions more is sad. I don’t envy them. Truly misguided goals in life. Happiness is not a goal. Just power and wealth.

by Anonymousreply 228November 28, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote]I don’t Understand people with hundreds of millions who keep working grueling hours and putting up with the frustration to make more. Seacrest is even weirded. To aggressively hide in the closet for sake Of making hundreds millions more is sad. I don’t envy them. Truly misguided goals in life. Happiness is not a goal. Just power and wealth.

Closeted? Shana's back! They must have made up and she signed a new contract but she is back living in NY with him again.

by Anonymousreply 229November 28, 2019 8:18 AM

She is a nasty cunt who befriends war criminals.

by Anonymousreply 230November 28, 2019 8:23 AM

[quote] I don’t Understand people with hundreds of millions who keep working grueling hours and putting up with the frustration to make more. Seacrest is even weirded. To aggressively hide in the closet for sake Of making hundreds millions more is sad.

In some cases it's pure greed and in others it's the managers who say "oh, you can't come out now! Everybody will hate you for being a liar!" or "oh, you can't come out now! Think of all the people who depend on you and your income as star!" or "sure, money can't buy you happines, but it can silence your drug dealer and all the tricks you hooked up with on Grindr!".

by Anonymousreply 231November 28, 2019 9:54 AM

I've yet to mean a lesbian who didn't have a mean streak.

by Anonymousreply 232November 28, 2019 3:40 PM

R232, I love lesbians, but the two most dreadful, miserable, wretched bosses I had were both lesbians with nasty mean streaks.

by Anonymousreply 233November 28, 2019 4:22 PM

I believe Ellen is still bitter that her career did take a nosedive when she came out and only recovered when she made a comeback as the nice lesbian who hands out presents to celebs and audience members.

by Anonymousreply 234November 28, 2019 5:11 PM

We all know Ellen is a self-hating shrew.

by Anonymousreply 235November 28, 2019 5:17 PM

The way Hollywood shunned her after she came out was terrible. However, her hundreds of millions and lavish lifestyle and fame have more than made up for it at this point. If she hates dancing and having to be “on” all the time, there’s a VERY simple solution: retire.

She complained about all of this in that profile piece in the past year or two, but the fact that she won’t actually end her show and fade into safe, private obscurity tells me that she is still craving attention and fame from the very public she complains about. At heart, she’s a narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 236November 28, 2019 5:18 PM

Did already really shun her? Her show was cancelled but it was never a big hit so that wasn't too surprising, then she got a big comeback with a chat-show just a few years later.

by Anonymousreply 237November 28, 2019 5:20 PM

R237 she got really depressed for a couple of years and stopped getting offers and calls. I think Anne Heche talked about it in her book “Call Me Crazy.” Ellen did those HBO specials around 2001 or 2002 maybe so she was making a comeback by then comedy-wise, and then her role in Finding Nemo seemed to boost her popularity quite a bit.

by Anonymousreply 238November 28, 2019 5:25 PM

There's only a three year gap between the cancellation of her sitcom and the start of second sitcom. The sitcom was renewed for another season after she came out. Then a year after her second sitcom was cancelled due to low rating she got a talk-show. And she did specials in the years between.

Maybe she got depressed but she got more chances than a lot of other people in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 239November 28, 2019 5:34 PM

I don't think a gay man would've gotten so many chances.

by Anonymousreply 240November 28, 2019 5:34 PM

I only invited her to the ballgame because Rick Schroder was in jail. And they kind of look alike.

by Anonymousreply 241November 29, 2019 1:06 AM

[quote]Apparently, she doesn't like it when low level staff interact with her or even look her in the eye.

My friend was fired on her first day because she forgot she wasn't supposed to look at or speak to Ellen AT ALL. She thought the rule just applied to extraneous chit chat and told Ellen good afternoon as she walked past. Ellen didn't reply, then my friend was let go an hour later for "bothering Ellen."

by Anonymousreply 242November 29, 2019 6:21 AM

And that's when you wait by her car and when she comes out you kick her in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 243November 29, 2019 7:32 AM

I know the TV/Movie business is a rough one to be in, and I don't know what's gone on over the years in the background for Ellen, but maybe it's been a hard life for her, especially after she came out. She may just have had to develop this aggressive demeanor, that comes off as mean, to get what she feels she wants and needs out of people who work with her. The stories are legion of so many producers being untrustworthy dirtbags who are only concerned with the bottom line, and not the well being of the stars who make them all the money.

by Anonymousreply 244November 29, 2019 9:50 AM

[Quote] In Ellen's defense, my friend's name is Julie, and we all know what that means.

😆😆😆

by Anonymousreply 245November 29, 2019 10:12 AM

I've often wondered if the rough personalities of some butch lesbians is the result of excessive male hormones in their systems.

by Anonymousreply 246November 29, 2019 10:24 AM

There WASN'T a lengthy blacklist period in which Hollywood hated her because she was a lesbian. That's her revisionism.

by Anonymousreply 247November 29, 2019 10:31 AM

Rosie came out around the same time. It kind of hard to believe that anyone would've ever thought either of them weren't lesbians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 29, 2019 10:32 AM

[quote]I've often wondered if the rough personalities of some butch lesbians is the result of excessive male hormones in their systems.

It goes beyond the toughness straight men have though. They all have victim complexes and chips on their shoulder. And are passive-aggressive like no one else.

by Anonymousreply 249November 29, 2019 10:34 AM

Rosie came out only five years after Ellen and only after her syndicated talk show ended.

by Anonymousreply 250November 29, 2019 8:18 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251November 29, 2019 8:32 PM

Rosie's chat show was still on when she came out.

by Anonymousreply 252November 29, 2019 9:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!