Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Commercials you’re hating in 2018

Is there anything worse than this one for deal dash? It’s on every single day on Morning Joe. It goes through me like a knife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 21, 2019 9:37 PM

Is that the one where the fat retarded woman claims she got a TV for three dollars are something? GOD I hate that commercial.

Also sick of some brain supplement made “from jellyfish”

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2018 1:00 PM

Tell me about it ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2018 1:01 PM

OP, Morning Joe is as bad as the commercial you’re complaining about!

But seriously, that commercial raises another issue I’ve thought about but have never seen anyone discuss. Does anyone here watch Shark Tank? The rich investors on the show are celebrated all over the place for their greatness, but 95 percent of the products they buy on Shark Tank are shitty infomercial gimmicks. The most successful deals include “scrub daddy,” a sponge with a smiley face, “Daisy cakes,” a cake delivered in a tin can, and some kind of throwaway abdominal exerciser. All of it is “But wait!!! If you buy now...!” type of products. And yet no one ever seems to discuss that the sharks are just giving us more shitty infomercials and disposable plastic shit to keep building that continent-o-trash in the Pacific.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2018 1:28 PM

Oh, how about all the “Larry King Show” episodes that are on my TV menu all night, all of which are selling bogus health supplements. Am I allowed to be sad that Larry King’s career is at the same place as Alex Jones’s?

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2018 1:30 PM

" Dog tested Dog approved" Subaru commercial

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2018 1:32 PM

r3 it's because world-changing products are usually not the kind that you can invent in your garage anymore, they require teams of people and lots of startup capital. So people try to make it big with products that are gimmicky (remember the Shark Tank with the pre-packaged glass of wine? Instead of buying a bottle, you buy a pre-wrapped glass of wine! I think it was a plastic "glass" with a seal over the top or something). And yeah one or two of them was interested in it, although I think off-camera later).

I've also seen products like tiny umbrellas (so you can open the umbrella in your car and your 'do won't get wet) that people have invested in, as a way of making it big (they didn't, in that case, and it didn't help that the owner/inventor was a very devout Christian who called herself a SERVANT and many of the umbrellas had bible verses printed on them - niche market).

It's really the way plebs chase the fabled American Dream, still.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2018 1:41 PM

R6 Yep. A friend of mine from West Africa came back from India once and she was floored. She met someone who manufactured paper-thin leaves of soap and made billions of dollars from them. They’re sold as a way of rationing an already cheap necessity to the poorest of the poor—the money comes from selling a mecessary staple to the most populous group of people. So my friend realized that’s where the money is—General Electric, Procter & Gamble, Wal-Mart...most of the super wealthy sell basics, not luxuries, throughout the world. Cheap, foreign-made infomercial shit sells more crap to poorer people, and there’s a lot of money in that. That’s why the sharks always want a low price point.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2018 1:51 PM

I love that commercial, R5.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2018 1:53 PM

Vein Clinics of America commercial that airs on MSNBC and CNN. The doctor says: You can resume TO your normal activities. That bugs the hell out of me. I can't find a Youtube clip.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2018 1:58 PM

The Verizon commercials with the mop head kid from Stranger Things

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2018 2:01 PM

I hate mop-headed children, regardless of commercials. They should be gassed.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2018 2:01 PM

Eye love with Rachel Green and all her other commercials.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2018 2:16 PM

Jennifer has dry eyes, dry skin, dry pussy?

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2018 2:21 PM

r13 You know it!

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2018 2:30 PM

The McDonalds commercial where the dad is stuck with all the girls. He calls his wife to say, "I guess you forgot to tell me it was a sleepover." The daughter makes fun of her dad, imitating him on the phone.

That little girl is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 15February 2, 2018 12:50 AM

There's something about that Mark guy in the Chantix commercial that I don't like.

by Anonymousreply 16February 2, 2018 1:12 AM

That Jergens commercial with Leslie Mann and her daughter, Maude.

“Mom, I’m twun-tee”

by Anonymousreply 17February 2, 2018 1:48 AM

Those TDAmeritrade Commercials with that bearded douche, who asks a woman what she is doing that she can't manage her own money. God I hate that guy.

I have money in Scottrade that Ameritrade bought out and I am considering moving my money just because of those terrible ads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 2, 2018 1:57 AM

How did we get to 18 posts without "My Pillow"? It's not a bad product (I bought it), but the commercial is on every 10 minutes!

by Anonymousreply 19February 2, 2018 2:06 AM

"What's a computer?"

by Anonymousreply 20February 2, 2018 2:12 AM

R19 I don’t know why or how I started doIng this, but whenever the My Pillow commercial comes on, I replace “my pillow” with “my pussy” aloud. It cracks me up every time, try it!

by Anonymousreply 21February 2, 2018 2:19 AM

Who watches commercials these days?

by Anonymousreply 22February 2, 2018 2:34 AM

R10 I want to punch that Verizon Fios kid in the face.

by Anonymousreply 23February 2, 2018 2:52 AM

I want to kill the Panera Bread commercial announcer girl so badly. I want to bash her head in repeatedly with a large rock or give it a good whack with a tire iron until I hear the satisfying sound of her skull crunching.

by Anonymousreply 24February 2, 2018 3:42 AM

Snacks on snacks on snaaacks.

by Anonymousreply 25February 2, 2018 4:31 AM

The annoying "Ooo Child" ad that plays every five seconds from P & G, pandering to every possible minority group (yes, including gays, but I still hate it)

The commercial is online, but I like this version - it has a narration by some frau-voiced ad exec explaining every pandering scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 2, 2018 4:41 AM

Even though they removed the annoying song, this commercial still annoys the hell out of me.

Just what the fuck are you looking at, cunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 11, 2018 1:20 AM

That fucking "it's fine" eczema girl. I wanna slap her so hard.

by Anonymousreply 28March 11, 2018 1:31 AM

that fucking commercial featuring an old guy annoyingly singing "Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya tomorrow"...I fucking hate his voice so much

by Anonymousreply 29March 11, 2018 1:32 AM

You can't put an -ing on hate. It is just HATE.

Commercials YOU HATE IN 2018

by Anonymousreply 30March 11, 2018 1:36 AM

Wayfair. Jesus I hate those songs.

by Anonymousreply 31March 11, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]That fucking "it's fine" eczema girl. I wanna slap her so hard.

Hey, that girl is in Game Night!

by Anonymousreply 32March 11, 2018 1:51 AM

I always thought the My Pillow guy was wearing blue satin pajamas. But no, it's his dress shirt! WTF? What a loose, billowy, shiny shirt.

by Anonymousreply 33March 11, 2018 1:52 AM

To add insult to injury, Deal Dash is also a big rip off. Read the reviews.

by Anonymousreply 34March 11, 2018 1:54 AM

The commercials for the Roseanne reboot. Not only are they on ABC but all over every fucking cable channel. Every time I see one I see it as a commercial for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 35March 11, 2018 1:55 AM

The copy writer who came up with Six is Greater Than One should be shot. One of the most irritating tag lines in the history of advertising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 11, 2018 1:58 AM

[quote]R15 The McDonalds commercial where the dad is stuck with all the girls...The daughter makes fun of her dad, imitating him on the phone. That little girl is a cunt.

The dad is undoubtedly molesting her, and she's letting off natural hostility.

by Anonymousreply 37March 11, 2018 2:03 AM

Two right now, both with the same woman doing the voiceover, pretending to be a pretentious British Snob. One is for Dyson, the other is for Jaguar.

It seems to me as if the woman's accent is fake - oh, and since when is a talking owl always British? Not anti-Brit, I watch BBC World news daily, but the accent on that program is appropriate.

I do acknowledge that both products I cited are Brit related, but the woman's accent is FAKE, and I particularly detest the way she enunciates "gasssses" and "parrrrrrrticles". Yeah, I watch too much TV

by Anonymousreply 38March 11, 2018 2:35 AM

R38 here, the Travelocity Gnome commercials aired during Amazing Race were particularly grueling....Also voiced over with a very obvious fake accent reminiscent of old fairy tales.

by Anonymousreply 39March 11, 2018 2:44 AM

What kind of sick fuck makes a commercial like this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 11, 2018 2:52 AM

R40 I'm not even clicking on it.

A bad idea from start to finish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 11, 2018 2:56 AM

The commercial about COPD with the grandfather telling the story of the three little pigs. Why have they remade that commercial three times, with different actors every time? Every line is exactly the same.

by Anonymousreply 42March 11, 2018 4:22 AM

All the prescription drug commercials, where the benefits are described in about 5 seconds and the possible side effects (little things like liver failure, tuberculosis, cancer, possible death) take up the remaining 55 seconds of a 60 second spot. And most of the time the disease being treated was previously unheard of until all the drug commercials popularized it.

by Anonymousreply 43March 11, 2018 4:32 AM

R40 I was just about to post about that Cottonelle commercial. "How clean do YOU feel after taking a shit? We asked the experts..." What is with almost every toilet paper commercial being so annoyingly creepy - this one already mentioned and the freaking bears!

by Anonymousreply 44March 11, 2018 4:52 AM

Furthermore....what toilet paper DOESN'T work?

by Anonymousreply 45March 11, 2018 4:53 AM

"Hi, I'm Annette, and I'm an ack-tress."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 11, 2018 5:00 AM

And furthermore who needs toilet paper? Do none of them own one of these?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 11, 2018 5:01 AM

R38 owls, small reptiles, ancient Greeks, ancient Romans always have British accents.

by Anonymousreply 48March 11, 2018 5:05 AM

Shale for your baggy eyes 3 min commercial

by Anonymousreply 49March 11, 2018 11:31 AM

"I pick the wrong insurance"

No you don't know how to fuckin drive you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 50March 11, 2018 11:32 AM

The Fios Commercials for sure, hate the kid ! I do have to say I bought the "My Pillow" and love them.

by Anonymousreply 51March 11, 2018 12:09 PM

R51 The "My Pillow" guy is a former coke addict turned "born again Christian" (have you noticed the crucifix hanging from his neck in his commercials?) and vocal Trump supporter.

I wouldn't buy his fucking pillow if it was filled with age-reversing magic dust.

by Anonymousreply 52March 11, 2018 12:21 PM

[quote] I wouldn't buy his fucking pillow if it was filled with age-reversing magic dust.

Not even if we throw in our Zero Calorie Dump Cake recipes and a whole-house LED Christmas light projector?

For R8. And R5, the surly old bitch (g)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 11, 2018 12:32 PM

R32 Does she go around passively aggressively whining about her eczema in that movie?

by Anonymousreply 54March 11, 2018 12:42 PM

Another vote for the ugly Stranger Things kid for Verizon. Every time I see him, all I can think is, if there’s ever a remake of Mask, he’s a shoe-in. The studio would save tons of money because they would not need to create a prosthetic mask - they can use his real face, hair and voice.

by Anonymousreply 55March 11, 2018 2:33 PM

The Letgo commercials. Especially the sewing machine one.

by Anonymousreply 56March 11, 2018 3:08 PM

The ones with the dopey people holding up a smiley face to mask their depression. The latest one has a brown haired woman who resembles a former friend of mine who was always into that kind of drama - waiting for people to drag it out of her. The actress in the commercial nails it.

by Anonymousreply 57March 11, 2018 3:34 PM

I hate when ABC shows ads for show, "The Bachelor... or The Bachelorette". I don't like when they are spoken about on GMA or on the news. I don't watch it. It irritates me, to no end, for some reason. I change the channel immediately.

by Anonymousreply 58March 11, 2018 4:10 PM

Apple needs a new ad agency, like yesterday. First it was the "What's a computer?" insult, and now this depressed woman dancing in her apartment stretching the walls. Somebody in production found After Effects and amazed themselves. But it isn't going to sell a single Siri tube speaker.

by Anonymousreply 59March 12, 2018 12:40 AM

Political commercials and ED commercials.

by Anonymousreply 60March 12, 2018 1:12 AM

R59= all those effects were practical- I talked to someone who worked on it and said it took HOURS to string all those ribbons (if you look closely) to the stretching walls. The woman is FKA Twigs, the director, Spike Jonze, and it took 6 days to shoot it.

by Anonymousreply 61March 12, 2018 1:29 AM

Senior Citizen Cover Girl singing "Fire" - she makes an awful face with her jaws practically unhinged. Who wants to look at that?

by Anonymousreply 62March 12, 2018 2:33 AM

R61, that's amazing and a waste, since it's a crap commercial (and indistinguishable from CGI).

by Anonymousreply 63March 12, 2018 3:01 AM

OptimaTax Relief. Thespokesperson ends the commercial by saying "Call us today for your free COUNSELtation." I blame the director for not catching this ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 64March 13, 2018 8:39 PM

I think of commercials I like, not commercials I hate, I like the Bubble commercial and the vampire Spectrum commercials.

by Anonymousreply 65March 13, 2018 8:42 PM

You're lost, R65. Read the header.

by Anonymousreply 66March 13, 2018 8:50 PM

The unfunny Spectrum commercial where the TV is out due to a rainstorm and Death and the ventriloquist dummy are sarcastically sniping at each other and one character (who happens to be extremely dumb) thinks they're talking about movie titles until another gives him a long drawn out explanation about sarcasm. So long. So unfunny.

The commercial for that one medication where a horribly autotuned band is heard brutally murdering Fleetwood Mac's "Go Your Own Way" O.J. Simpson style.

The one where an interracial couple is about to go on vacation when their daughter who looks like she has poor hygiene comes in with a load of clothes which have a stain on the front that looks like shit and says she has a few things to wash.

The commercial for that one diabetes/heart medication where that guy is doing activities while dancing giddy to "Let's Groove" by Earth, Wind and Fire. I just want to strangle him to death.

by Anonymousreply 67March 13, 2018 8:55 PM

I've seen this Pizza Hut ad where they show some sneakers that has a button in them that orders pizza. The other sneaker has a button that will pause your TV. I really thought that this was just a gimmick to make the commercial more quirky for March Madness, but I just found out that these sneakers are for real. The person who invented these things AND anyone who buys such an abomination deserves to be ostracized.

by Anonymousreply 68March 14, 2018 7:43 PM

Why does the mesothelioma guy who looks like Jerry Mathers seem to pronounce it as “mesolthelioma” with an unwanted “L” in the second syllable? He’s awful to begin with and the pronunciation just makes him that much worse.

by Anonymousreply 69March 15, 2018 12:21 PM

R42, I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Why remake the exact same commercial 3 times?

by Anonymousreply 70March 15, 2018 12:25 PM

I noticed that sometimes, shows try to air as much commercials as possible, during a break... where, the commercials are cut short halfway through, then another one comes on. It's like, just put the name/ad out there.. not caring about content.

by Anonymousreply 71March 15, 2018 3:39 PM

... try to air as *many* commercials... correction from my last post..

by Anonymousreply 72March 15, 2018 10:56 PM

WTF is up with the dumbass "high pitch yeah" commercial with Mariah's ex? Hate it.

by Anonymousreply 73March 16, 2018 12:10 AM

[quote][R42], I thought I was the only one who noticed this. Why remake the exact same commercial 3 times?

They've remade the Offer Up commercial so many times with the same lines, sometimes even with the same actors reciting the lines different ways.

"We didn't know anyone when we first moved here. Now we have a couch AND new friends."

Who the fuck makes friends off a Craigslist transaction?

by Anonymousreply 74March 16, 2018 12:27 AM

Those KFC ones with Reba and that one where them women are in the shape of a brain and those two women say, "French fries, ice cream!"

by Anonymousreply 75March 16, 2018 2:44 AM

Possibly the worst slogan ever (I'm not sure I even understand it):

It's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast.

by Anonymousreply 76March 16, 2018 4:51 AM

R74, and the couples are so unlikely paired. They look like they met in Craigslist -- 15 minutes ago.

by Anonymousreply 77March 16, 2018 7:18 AM

My candidate for least believable couple. He doesn’t look at all comfortable touching her. Look at his arm behind her. This one is airing on MSNBC frequently now, about their timeshare in Maui.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 21, 2018 1:03 AM

Yes, R78! The thing that really seals the unbelievable deal is when she does that exaggerated sing-song "our first-born chii-iild" line.

by Anonymousreply 79March 21, 2018 1:18 AM

I don't watch that much TV so when I was viewing things the other night I was surprised that so many would qualify for this thread. The one that bopped me over the head was some woman talking about how "We have such busy lives" that she wanted to take her mom on a night trip of snow skiing. I don't even know what it was for (always a good sign your advertising dollars are paying off) but it was a ridiculous commercial.

They used to have people that made decent even interesting, well done commercials at one time. Is that a thing of the past now?

by Anonymousreply 80March 21, 2018 1:26 AM

R80 It may even be the same company, but there's a similar commercial where an old lady goes and digs up a giant tree that has her and her husband's initials carved in it, then plants it in her front yard.

I think it's a commercial for an investment company. So the lesson of the commercial seems to be, "We'll help you save for retirement so you can blow all your hard earned money on some fucked up idea like digging up an old tree!"

by Anonymousreply 81March 21, 2018 1:43 AM

And she will say, "oh fuck, that tree has my initials and my ex boyfriend's"

by Anonymousreply 82March 21, 2018 2:04 AM

Why can't commercials find people who can act? The CreditWallet or whatever with the bad actor drinking spoiled milk. He talks so softly too.

by Anonymousreply 83March 21, 2018 2:19 AM

That Subaru commercial where that blind man take the couple on a trip into the forest. They cut the part in the end when he hacked them to death

by Anonymousreply 84March 21, 2018 7:52 AM

The one right now that I making me nuts uses Sondheim's "Putting It Together" as its theme. Can't remember what the product is. Can't believe he gave permission for it.

by Anonymousreply 85March 21, 2018 9:20 AM

Those helpful people of Honda

by Anonymousreply 86March 21, 2018 5:04 PM

I hate those fucking KFC commercials with Reba dressed up as the Colonel.

by Anonymousreply 87March 21, 2018 5:08 PM

The annoying commercial for women's fashion (Macy's?) where they are singing "One Way or Another" by Blondie.

by Anonymousreply 88March 21, 2018 5:32 PM

I'm sick to death of the commercial for the Kennedy special on CNN where Lana Del Rey oh-so-breathily-and-sexily coos "Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautifuuuuuuul..." etc.

They've been airing it EVERY goddamned commercial break for at least six weeks.I leave CNN on for background noise and I have gone through many levels of anger over it. Mild annoyance at first, building up to near-seething rage, to apathy at this point. I've heard it so many times that don't even hear it now, like people who live next to a major airport.

by Anonymousreply 89March 21, 2018 6:18 PM

They literally JUST played that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 90March 21, 2018 6:25 PM

That first woman in OP's commercial is so annoying she makes me want to drop kick a kitten.

by Anonymousreply 91March 21, 2018 6:25 PM

The Subaru commercial, with that whiney "Turn Around" song; MSNBC literally plays it during every ad break.

by Anonymousreply 92March 21, 2018 6:41 PM

This company that prints on glass, Fracture, has no good examples of what they look like. The glimpses you do see are washed out and small-sized. There are a dozen online printers that do glass and aluminum printing in a wide variety of sizes and frames, I see nothing special here at all.

by Anonymousreply 93March 22, 2018 1:27 AM

The “you get a line” screamer is the “Stellahh” screamer. What niche to fill.

by Anonymousreply 94March 22, 2018 3:05 AM

That Oral B toothbrush commercial with the annoying African American girl who speaks in that annoying staccato style.

"My. Dentist. Said. I. Should. Use. A. Toothbrush. With. A. Round. Brush. Head."

Aaargh!

by Anonymousreply 95March 23, 2018 11:28 AM

Creepy new one with the MyPillow founder appearing in the bedroom of a couple, who are in their pajamas, and demonstrating how his pillow is better. The husband lies on the bed with a MyPillow and Mike the pillow man leans over him like Prince Charming about to kiss a princess, but instead he pushes down the man's pillow to show how conforming it is. He is like a stalker in their bedroom and his annoying Minnesota accent doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 96April 17, 2018 2:55 PM

R96 yes that is creepy!

by Anonymousreply 97April 17, 2018 4:10 PM

This My Pillow ad is very bad - notice how they do a crappy makeup job of giving the wife dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep because she has a shitty pillow. And I want to string Mike Lindell up by the crucifix necklace he wears in all his ads - see it dangling from his shirt? Did he wear the big cross while he was smoking crack years ago?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 18, 2018 6:43 PM

The Comfort Inn commercials for Choice Hotels has the Badda Bing badda Boom guy and a geeky bespectacled guy who I suspect are fucking like crazy. Has anyone seen these?

by Anonymousreply 99April 19, 2018 12:52 AM

The Trivago guy doing goofy stuff makes me want to find a shotgun and shoot my TV.

by Anonymousreply 100April 19, 2018 6:19 AM

I just can't watch the eczema "it's fine" girl anymore. You just know that Asian friend of hers can barely tolerate her.

by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2018 10:54 AM

R98 there are so many things wrong with that commercial , beginning with the fact that the husband and wife aren't the least bit freaked out that there's a portal to an alternate world inside their medicine cabinet. Then there's the fact that that particular gimmick is stolen from an older commercial for another product. And how the fuck does Mr. Pillow end up in the couple's bedroom?

Two things that are right : the very tall actor playing the husband seems like a sweet guy , and when he goes to lie down on the bed, there's no hiding his huge flaccid cock .

Oh - and the pillows themselves are okay. They don't stay fluffed very well, and are a nightmare to wash and dry.

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2018 11:15 AM

Those Chantix commercials with the "real people" who've quit smoking are especially irritating. They usually have a montage of the people engaging in various hobbies or activities while the voiceover goes through all the nasty side effects of Chantix.

The latest one, with the big, fat queen is hilarious. The guy has no hobbies or activities, so what do they show him doing? Going to eat pizza with a woman who's either his sister or fag hag best friend.

by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2018 2:11 PM

In Ohio, the Republicans are all falling over themselves to say how they are the MOST conservative, how they have always supported the Orange Asshole, how they do not support sanctuary cities, how I want the wall built so we're all secure, how they are fighting against all those liberals who are wanting to take away all their guns! One moron actually is in cammo as he's ranting about his precious guns, with the American flag superimposed in the background. There's one who goes back to how their opponent voted when he was in the Senate, back when Obama was a senator. He dared to vote the same as Obama and (gasp!) Hillary. It could have been a vote that was unanimous; what was being voted on is never disclosed, plus that has to be from at least 9 years ago or more.

It's like an endless parade of no, I'm the bigger asshole! No, I am!!!

Not seeing many Dem ads, as most are either incumbents running unopposed, or have little opposition.

Can't wait for the general election ads. Hey Mr. Cammo Rep Wannabe, just shoot me now with one of your precious guns.

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2018 2:35 PM

The Bob's Furniture commercial where human Bob interacts with his cartoon doppelganger are creepy. What I notice the most is the human Bob has completely white hair and beard but cartoon Bob has dark brown hair. Fix that shit and make them look the same.

There's some very annoying ads for Parker & Waichman lawyers that run here in NY. They have "real people" on the street talking to the camera telling how they got help from this firm. The annoying part is they keep barking into the camera "just call, that's all!"

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2018 3:05 PM

R100, Sorry, I like the Trivago guy. He's a sweetheart.

R104, totally agree about drowning in conservative ads here in Ohio. I heard in passing last night she's "blah, blah, blah, and a Christian, etc." Oh yes, god forbid we elect someone who isn't a Christian. Oh, what a horror that would be.

by Anonymousreply 106April 19, 2018 3:23 PM

I hate the Deal Dash commercials. The folks in the commercial are either excellent actors or just dumb. You did not win anything except my pity.

by Anonymousreply 107April 19, 2018 3:29 PM

The Subaru commercial with the snarky voice-over saying, "Love. It's what makes a Subaru a Subaru." Guy's voice sounds so snarky. Like a SJW or something.

by Anonymousreply 108April 19, 2018 5:31 PM

R106 reminds me of something I hate.

After that woman trashed candidate Obama as “an Arab”, McCain corrected her to say he was a “family man”, as if to say, “he’s ok, he’s not a fag”.

It will take a generation to move past that kind of thing, if we ever do. It’s really not so hard, but some people seem to just want to hate a class of people.

by Anonymousreply 109April 19, 2018 8:15 PM

R96 isn't his other job is playing Glen on Superstore?

by Anonymousreply 110April 20, 2018 8:27 AM

R105 isn't that the same guy who just open up here in California ? They're using a string doll of him

by Anonymousreply 111April 20, 2018 8:29 AM

R78, another fake thing about that timeshare exit commercial is when she says something like "we used to go all the time for the next two years." When you buy a timeshare, you can't go "all the time" - you can only go during the time period you purchased, typically a week.

by Anonymousreply 112April 20, 2018 8:38 PM

r110 Hey, watch it! Glen on Superstore is annoying af but the man who plays him is an ex Kid in the Hall, show some respect!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113April 20, 2018 9:00 PM

It would normally annoy me, but the jingle for Ethan Allen "The art of making home, is putting it together" is really excellent. It's jazzy enough to be different and catch your ear, then it builds to a climax, and finally has a denoument at the end, all in 30 seconds. So unlike the normal background pablum used in most commercials.

Off topic. Sorry, I promise to hate something else very shortly.

by Anonymousreply 114April 21, 2018 4:40 AM

The cunt on her date who responds to "You look amazing!" with "And you look amazingly... comfortable!"

I would've thrown my wine in her face and walked out. That's how comfortable I am, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 115April 21, 2018 3:36 PM

A co.co.nut. water com.pa.ny.

by Anonymousreply 116April 21, 2018 8:26 PM

Those shampoo commercials with that fucking gibberish psuedo French song that goes zoobee zoobee zoo....

by Anonymousreply 117April 22, 2018 7:58 PM

Ads for the NutriSlicer, another "As Seen on TV" gadget that slices, chops, shreds, etc. The commercials use that trope that cutting with a knife, pulling out the Cuisinart or shredding with a box shredder is WORK! and that lugging around those old fashioned kitchen tools is awkward and tiring. This has been done since the dawn of time - have the actors in the commercial oversell the effort put into cutting some cabbage just to highlight how easy the NutriSlicer is to get the job done, but I guess that's how they con you into buying it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118April 23, 2018 5:41 PM

for R96

[quote]Why is the other guy wearing a shirt and a cross exactly like Mike's at the end of the commercial, when Mike says "You're looking good"? Is he running a cult or something?

[quote]Mike Lindell is a humble man who sells pillows instead of his advanced mirror portal technology. However mike is doing us a disfavor by not letting us have his technology. Selfish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119April 23, 2018 5:59 PM

R118

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 23, 2018 6:11 PM

The Summer's Eve commercial where the guy realizes he's washing with it and then does a series of ultra masculine activities to restore his tarnished manhood. So retarded.

by Anonymousreply 121April 30, 2018 5:09 PM

I fucking HATE, HATE, HATE this new wave of Axe Gold Body Spray ads. I don't know what bugs me more: the music, the douche guy who strikes a pose at the end, the ending of the ad, everything...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 30, 2018 5:16 PM

R118 -- The Moulinex I got a tag sale is much better than that POS and it's better for small amounts than my Cuisinart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 30, 2018 5:25 PM

When I see that irritating Courtney on that Match.com commercial with her " I got fingered by my stepdad" babydoll voice saying "Come find me" at the end it makes me want to throw my TV out the window.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 30, 2018 5:30 PM

You're hating is bad English.

You cannot put an -ing on hate.

Commercials you hate

by Anonymousreply 125April 30, 2018 5:34 PM

If you were a commercial, r125, we'd hate you!

by Anonymousreply 126April 30, 2018 5:43 PM

The one I saw only once and immediately thought of DL is I think for a realtor website. The realtor, mom, and son are in the kitchen and the kid starts digging through the realtor's massive purse. Next thing you know he's holding something and saying "ka-pow!" like it's a ray gun. The realtor notices and says "oh, that's my breast pump!" BARF

by Anonymousreply 127April 30, 2018 5:51 PM

I love you R124. I hate Courtney with a passion and always she'd get sucked into that jet engine she is posing by.

by Anonymousreply 128April 30, 2018 7:18 PM

The eczema commercial which ends with the woman having lunch with a friend who tells her "Maybe you actually have atopic dermatitis", while she just happens to have an atopic dermatitis website on her laptop. There are a few commercial like this - someone telling another person with a medical condition "You should ask your doctor is you have [disease]". Just once, I', waiting for the suffering person to freak out and say something like "Oooooh, thank you! How smart of you to look up something online instead of me just listening to my doctor who has had years and years of medical training! Where did you did your medical degree again?"

by Anonymousreply 129May 1, 2018 6:19 AM

R129 I'm torn between the eczema girl throwing sarcasm and shade at her friend for acting like she discovered the cure for eczema and wanting the friend to sit down and say, "Is it your fucking eczema again? No, it's NOT fine. I'm tired of looking at it, hearing about it, and enduring you whining about it. Get to the fucking doctor!"

by Anonymousreply 130May 1, 2018 1:31 PM

Yes, hate the Subaru voiceover guy and now there's another car commercial where some woman whispers through the whole thing "please look away", i rush for the remote every time it comes on.

by Anonymousreply 131May 1, 2018 2:15 PM

Just started seeing this one the other day and it's already become one of my most hated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 1, 2018 3:47 PM

I don't remember the name of the medication but a guy dances around the office, dances down the street and dances mowing his lawn. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 133May 1, 2018 4:16 PM

The curly haired AA woman talking about her Surface laptop, how she started a site because she wanted to empower other people who look like her. Than she says she's always updating content or "running around NY with a big bouquet of balloons!". She is all smiley and happy and wearing bright colors and her site is to make other peoples lives better. Well, la-di-dah for her.

It annoys me how all of these PC ads (and smart phones) always make it look like using their device is amazing and life changing and fun and your life is instantly better as you tap the keys. They never show how you sit and pay bills and check your bank balance that is negative and read emails from your drunk ex or watch porn.

by Anonymousreply 134May 1, 2018 4:20 PM

every pharmaceutical and investment commercial. I have decided that only old and somewhat well off people watch CBS. Every commercial is geared towards them. I am sick of being reminded every single day what new disease I may get and that there is a pill for it And who should handle my money (which I don't have). Seriously considering not watching that channel anymore and unfortunately for me I think their news programs are the best.

by Anonymousreply 135May 1, 2018 4:22 PM

Snickers 'Ahmonds' commercial. Annoying as shit the way he keeps repeating 'ahmonds'

It's almonds, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 136May 1, 2018 4:30 PM

I have moderate to severe nausea from pharmamercials.

by Anonymousreply 137May 3, 2018 6:36 AM

R124...OMG. My friend and I thought we were the only ones who HATED Courtney. "I'm Courtney, come find me" in that whiney, pitchy victim voice?! AAAUGGGH! We're both female and we want to kill that bitch Courtney lol.

by Anonymousreply 138May 3, 2018 7:19 AM

Justin Timberlake acting like a cretin in the BAI drink commercial. He looks deranged as he tries to push raspberries into that other guys mouth. Shouldn't JT have enough $$ so he doesn't have to sink this low?

by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2018 1:55 AM

R134's commercial is my current choice. I yell at the TV "Where did you grow up? Sweden?" when she says she didn't see anyone that looked like her.

I am also hating that one where the family is screaming movie lines into their TV remote.

by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2018 4:43 AM

Pine-Sol has an ad with a woman mopping her floor to the Otis Redding version of the song "Hard to Handle" and dancing all crazy. What bothers me is that she is wearing these striped socks while dancing around on the area where she just ran the mop. All I can think of is wet, soggy feet.

by Anonymousreply 141May 31, 2018 9:10 PM

I really hate the Progressive Award Show hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro. The woman who wins is like Neil’s on a chalkboard:

by Anonymousreply 142May 31, 2018 10:51 PM

Nails

by Anonymousreply 143May 31, 2018 11:05 PM

Sisters bitching at each other over the dishwasher contents.

People eating Milky Way and screwing up, trying to be as clever as rival Snickers ads and failing miserably.

The lady who makes cereal and thinks she smells like cookies.

Cartoon movies that show you the only three funny lines or sight gags the entire movie has. They got me to see that one about what animals do when their masters go to work. Never again.

by Anonymousreply 144May 31, 2018 11:09 PM

The gruesome couple in the hospital with blood and stitches on their faces rewinding the day’s events to scare people into buying cars that stop themselves (and cause other accidents by doing so).

by Anonymousreply 145May 31, 2018 11:13 PM

R145 ANY commercial with a car accident in it makes my head pop off! Who the fuck wants to see that? I get PTSD watching this shit.

by Anonymousreply 146May 31, 2018 11:15 PM

The obese queen in the Chantix commercial who they show going to - what else - EAT PIZZA with his beard/mom/sister/hired actress.

by Anonymousreply 147June 1, 2018 12:44 AM

Used to love the one with the brother-in-law babysitter wearing the wife’s robe (he is funny), but they’ve gone overkill with it and now I can’t stand it.

I still love the one with the vocal-fried female babysitter wearing the wife’s shoes and claiming they’re the same size!...in 👠

by Anonymousreply 148June 1, 2018 1:42 AM

The dog medicine SERESTO shows a boxer dog bringing different things home (a plant, a plunger, a bikini top) to its embarrassed owner. That dog is fugly!

by Anonymousreply 149June 5, 2018 3:49 PM

The Symbicort commercials. They are creepy AF and I hate them. “...and he huffed and he puffed.” “Like you do grandpa [when you’re on top of me about to cum]?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 5, 2018 4:08 PM

Hate the "My Pillow" ads but do love the pillow

by Anonymousreply 151June 6, 2018 11:27 AM

R151, you can't be serious.

I recently visited my parents for a few days and was surprised at how hot and uncomfortable the pillow was. My parents aren't big spenders on guest room accouterments, and when I visit them I'm used to sleeping on pillows that must be 2/$10 or something, but those are OK enough.

I was making the bed the next morning and the lumpy pillow slipped out of the pillowcase and it was a MyPillow. It looked like it had been stuffed with whatever bits and pieces they sweep up off the floor at the dog bed factor, plus some cardboard pulp. No wonder it felt so gross. My mom must not have been impressed since it was banished to the guest room. Suckers.

by Anonymousreply 152June 6, 2018 3:30 PM

The Hasbro gummi commercial with the adults lip synching to the kids’ voices. It totally creeps me out.

“More gooder”

by Anonymousreply 153June 6, 2018 4:40 PM

Farmers.com

I don't know why they creep me out, but they do. They could just as well be advertising that evening's Dateline. They have an ominous undertone about them.

by Anonymousreply 154June 6, 2018 4:45 PM

^FarmersOnly.com^

by Anonymousreply 155June 6, 2018 4:45 PM

Another vote for the Ahhhmonds guy. The driver needed to push Mr. Ahhhmonds out of the car. Ditch the asshole, and drive far, far away.

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2018 12:00 AM

R152 That's exactly what My Pillow is made of - foam scraps and remnants. A total crap product from a grifting former meth addict turned "born again Christian" Trump humper.

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2018 1:16 AM

[quote][R134]'s commercial is my current choice. I yell at the TV "Where did you grow up? Sweden?" when she says she didn't see anyone that looked like her.

My impression is she grew up in an all-white neighborhood and attended all-white schools, and the only people who looked like her were her parents (assuming she wasn't adopted by a white family).

by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2018 4:28 AM

Love Lily and her Princess costume and her gay dad, also the gay white dad with the little black daughter.

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2018 11:21 AM

Draymond Green for Smile Direct Club.

"He had braces but he was so busy playing basketball, he could never make it to dentist appointments."

It is your job as a parent to get him to the dentist appointments. And you're saying your dentist could not accommodate you at all for any other day or time for years and years so you never went back for followup appointments and let your braces go to waste? You were not playing basketball 24/7. Self-important assholes.

And I hate how he keeps snatching away the retainer as his mom tries to grab it. UGH!

by Anonymousreply 160June 8, 2018 12:11 PM

[quote]What I NEED is for you guys to get off my property before I call the cops...

In my hometown, if you were to throw that much attitude when scaring hoodlums off your lawn via smartphone video while getting a pedicure, they would make sure to come back - armed and stacked - when you were actually home, to show you who needs an attitude adjustment.

by Anonymousreply 161June 16, 2018 1:35 PM

the 'help me book a room for u' one with the turdy guy with the long grey/black beard and hat, in one he spanked the tummys of pug dogs. fuk!

by Anonymousreply 162June 16, 2018 1:42 PM

I like the daditude Comcast commercial.

by Anonymousreply 163June 16, 2018 2:41 PM

The Chili's commercials with their God awful baby back ribs song.

by Anonymousreply 164June 16, 2018 3:05 PM

The metastatic breast cancer commercial with the old white lady who runs the yarn shop in what looks like a small New England town, then drives with her husband at the end of a day of yarning to visit their young black friends.

Right. That'll happen.

by Anonymousreply 165June 16, 2018 4:14 PM

Come on, no one has mentioned the Pat Boone Swiss America fear-mongering crazy old white man commercial?

by Anonymousreply 166June 16, 2018 4:32 PM

The Daisy cottage cheese spots are fucking hateful

by Anonymousreply 167June 16, 2018 5:06 PM

"There's something about that Mark guy in the Chantix commercial that I don't like. "

Is that the one where the dad is playing with his baby girl? He has a little gasp-laugh which makes me believe he puts his cigs out on the baby for fun.

by Anonymousreply 168June 16, 2018 6:06 PM

The Chantix commercials with a strangely taut-faced Ray Liotta. He doesn't look pulled and stretched, but like he had some serious dermabrasion and botox.

by Anonymousreply 169June 20, 2018 3:26 PM

The wigs in the deal dash commercials deserver their own commercial!

by Anonymousreply 170June 20, 2018 4:08 PM

The DealDash commercial where the wife is bewildered that everyone is on DealDash, from her mailman, to her mother, to her husband, to her daughter. Bad acting all around.

'Don't worry, honey. Shipping is always free because I know you're a cheap shrew who nags me about money."

by Anonymousreply 171June 21, 2018 1:37 AM

I like the Dadatude commmercial for Comcast.

by Anonymousreply 172June 21, 2018 1:58 AM

Ad for a gummy candy called Trolli, which look like worms. The commercial shows a family of four around the dinner table but the tween son is in a feathery bird costume and suspended above the table on a giant bird swing. He's acting like a bird and they're treating him like one. Their meal is plates of the wormy candy. The whole ad is like a ayahuasca nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 173June 22, 2018 5:01 AM

R173, excellent description. Haha

by Anonymousreply 174June 22, 2018 5:25 AM

"How to talk to your daughter about her body? Don't talk to her about her body, except to tell her how it works!"

by Anonymousreply 175June 22, 2018 5:18 PM

Watching the World Cup and this comes on every other commerical segment. Such a buzz kill. I mute it immediately. Feels haunting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 1, 2018 5:46 PM

"she wanted to empower other people who look like her" - so fucking annoying because, off the top of my head, I can think of dozens of people who look/looked like her. Celebrities and people on the street. Sums up the whiney "I Was a Victim" bullshit perfectly.

Did these people never watch TV or open a magazine? "I felt so alone...." puke.

by Anonymousreply 177July 1, 2018 6:02 PM

R177 God, yes. I hate that bitch in those commercials. I hate her fucking balloons and all her fucking "I'm so unique" crap.

by Anonymousreply 178July 1, 2018 6:47 PM

I know. If she was 70 or something, I might get the lack of diversity she saw growing up -- but, bitch, you look 19 or something. There were plenty of visible role models by the time she came around.

But if running around with balloons and yacking on a blog counts as Empowerment, she was born at the right time, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 179July 1, 2018 7:07 PM

Yeah. Just wanna slap the bitch and her spoiled brat attitude

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180July 1, 2018 7:32 PM

That Behind the mac commercial made me discover Daniel Johnston and watch the documentary about him. Crazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 181July 3, 2018 6:06 PM

I want to smack Gaten:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 3, 2018 6:30 PM

Gain's stinky jockstrap commercial.

All righty then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183July 3, 2018 6:35 PM

The vocal fry in the "NO ONE LOOKS LIKE ME" microsoft commercial rivals the Panera girl in nails-on-chalkboard quotient

by Anonymousreply 184July 3, 2018 6:50 PM

And I am dying to read a blog about sprinkles. Changing the world, one ice cream cone at a time.

by Anonymousreply 185July 3, 2018 7:19 PM

Thumtimes ith about fashion, thumtimes ith about thprinkles, but ith usually always about color

by Anonymousreply 186July 3, 2018 8:25 PM

Ya lost your lisp at the end there, but I still enjoyed it.

by Anonymousreply 187July 3, 2018 8:31 PM

Sprinkles didn't say she didn't have anyone AROUND her who looked like her, or she had never SEEN anyone who looked like her before, she said "I didn't HAVE anyone who looked like me."

Despite her mc-umc upbringing, no one bought her an American Girl doll.

by Anonymousreply 188July 3, 2018 8:34 PM

Tax Solutions:

"They put a lien on my house! They garnished my wages! They turned me into a newt!"

Dumbass tax cheats.

by Anonymousreply 189July 3, 2018 8:53 PM

Raindrops on roses - that stupid Sound of Music song sang by some bland butch female singer. Don't even know what the commercial is - but I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 190July 3, 2018 9:03 PM

R184 yes! Hate the Panera Bread chick's voice!! Fuck her and her company's sanctimonious salads and sandwiches. I've worked for Au Bon Pain, Hut, Chipotle; they're all the same. No one is better than anyone else. Bunch of propaganda, that's all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191July 4, 2018 4:58 AM

Liberty Mutual insurance has now added a new jingle to the end of their commercials -- a voice singing "Liberty liberty liberty liberty." Yes, just the word liberty repeated several times. That's their new slogan. It used to be "Liberty stands with you." Now, it's "liberty liberty liberty liberty." It's bizarre and annoying as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 192July 4, 2018 5:08 AM

It's fine. It's OK, really.

[bold] IT'S JUST MY FUCKING ECZEMA. NOW WILL YOU PLEASE FUCKING DROP IT!

by Anonymousreply 193July 4, 2018 5:21 AM

R193 Then do something about it, bitch! Do I have to be the one to bring my iPad to lunch and finally get you to read about this disgusting skin condition you have, even though I'm totally nauseated now and have no appetite?

by Anonymousreply 194July 4, 2018 11:24 AM

I want to kill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195July 4, 2018 11:59 AM

Someone needs to be fired.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 4, 2018 12:00 PM

R195 At first, I thought it was the Down Syndrome girl from American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 197July 4, 2018 12:15 PM

Meals on Wheels ad with the senior lady explaining that the nice people who drop off food for her say "who dis?" when they call her on the phone. They're all cute and helping the elderly but that slang hurts my ears.

by Anonymousreply 198July 17, 2018 12:36 AM

I think the "Bada-book-bada-boom" has passed it's expiration date.

by Anonymousreply 199July 17, 2018 1:18 AM

My Pillow is made from scraps of foam that are leftover after mattresses and memory pillows are cut. It’s no lie, the guy paid pennies for those scraps and makes millions off of really gullible people

by Anonymousreply 200July 17, 2018 1:33 AM

There is a local radio station that advertises commercial free weekends, which just sounds like an absolute wonderful deal. HOWEVER, they run commercials for their website, commercials for their shows, commercials for their contests, commercials for the company that sponsors the commercial free weekend.

Then on top of that in between every damn song they play all weekend they run commercials telling you it is a commercial free weekend. That you won't hear a single commercial the entire weekend.

Pisses me the fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 201July 17, 2018 1:33 AM

The ugly young man from Stranger Things who sells Spectrum Internet needs to stop acting entirely and get a job far away from cameras

by Anonymousreply 202July 17, 2018 1:35 AM

I love my My Pillow.

by Anonymousreply 203July 17, 2018 1:36 AM

"Labradoodle? You have a dog who draws?"

(Looks confused as she mimics drawing by rotating her hand.)

Jane K isn't a big enough name to be able to say: "Hold the fuck up, are you out of your collective minds?"

"Get my agent on the phone!"

by Anonymousreply 204July 17, 2018 3:11 AM

The Labradoodle one enrages me with its stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 205July 17, 2018 12:25 PM

The exema girl who says "it's fine" several times in the ad makes me want to put a hit out on her.

The Mark Z. Facebook "apology" voiceover one also ticks me off.

The Timberlake drink ad needs to stop as well.

I also hate the America's Got Talent ads that push Simon C. on me.

by Anonymousreply 206July 17, 2018 9:07 PM

"if you can afford a new car payment, you can afford new permanent beautiful teeth."

That has to be fake! How does teeth get that bad even for a personal trainer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207July 17, 2018 10:14 PM

R207, more importantly, how does a personal trainer (or a card dealer) afford a mouthful of dental implants?

by Anonymousreply 208July 17, 2018 10:22 PM

I loved this commercial. They don't come on as often tho 😭

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 18, 2018 4:51 AM

This car commercial runs here in chicago. Gives me the willies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210July 18, 2018 5:00 AM

SAFELITE REPAIR, SAFELITE REPLACE!

by Anonymousreply 211August 7, 2018 1:59 AM

R124, R128, R138 -- I suspect there is an army of Courtney haters across the nation. Guys might hit her and quit her, but she's working on her self-esteem and has a bunch of funky hats. "Come find me! Cum in me! Cum on me!!!"

by Anonymousreply 212August 7, 2018 2:18 AM

That Bounty commercial where that little brat stabs her dad up the ass and spills his drink and they all fuckin scream as if Godzilla is fucking them

by Anonymousreply 213August 10, 2018 4:03 AM

That progressive insurance where they are trying singing Heaven place on earth. What the fuck does it have to do with insurance?

by Anonymousreply 214August 10, 2018 8:05 AM

I not sure what the name of the car but I can't stand hearing that Christmas techno song they use. Wtf it's a Xmas song why are you using it during the summer months?

by Anonymousreply 215August 10, 2018 8:15 AM

Can't stand state farm's She shed commercial

by Anonymousreply 216August 10, 2018 8:27 AM

Jeep connection commercial. Like that concert will allow stupid people to camp out above the hill watching the concert for free and the singer acknowledging them. So fake

by Anonymousreply 217August 13, 2018 3:19 AM

Liberty Liberty Liberty. LIIIIIIBEEEERRRRRTTTYYYYYYY!

by Anonymousreply 218August 17, 2018 12:03 AM

While I hate the man and his politics, I do love My Pillow, it does everything he says it does. I am getting a much better sleep with them.

by Anonymousreply 219August 18, 2018 11:56 AM

I hated my My Pillow. I sprung it, but couldn't sleep on it. Breathing its fumes gave me a migraine. The effect was so toxic, I had a hard time moving my head up off the damned pillow so I could stop breathing it in.

by Anonymousreply 220August 18, 2018 11:59 AM

Spectrum

by Anonymousreply 221August 18, 2018 12:08 PM

The worst thing about the Ray Liotta Chantix commercial is he still has the look of a smoker. I get the feeling he lit up a Marlboro the second he got in his Range Rover to drive home from the shoot, contract be damned.

by Anonymousreply 222August 18, 2018 12:56 PM

I have never smelled anything in the pillows 220

by Anonymousreply 223August 18, 2018 1:00 PM

There was no smell, r223. That was part of the problem. If it had smelled, I wouldn't've taken it out of the box.

by Anonymousreply 224August 18, 2018 1:02 PM

That Starkist commercial with Candice Cameron spastically yelling, “Chicken!”

by Anonymousreply 225August 18, 2018 3:44 PM

I hate car commercials because there are too many of the fuckin' things. I also despise commercials where people are acting desperate or retarded. Commercials that feature an unknown band butchering a classic song are also despised.

by Anonymousreply 226August 21, 2018 1:39 AM

The Nationwide Commercials with Tori Kelly. They are played far too often.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227August 21, 2018 1:42 AM

That little girl leading the marching band now. The one who directed her own video in a prior commercial. Ye gods and monsters!

by Anonymousreply 228August 21, 2018 1:52 AM

R227 She's a "somebody?" I always thought she just another annoying vocal-fry will o' the wisp stock commercial singer.

by Anonymousreply 229August 21, 2018 1:54 AM

Might as well add the one with Leslie Odom, that smug smirk after his vocal shenanigans gets under my skin.

by Anonymousreply 230August 21, 2018 2:00 AM

No hate, loving the Optimum tv one, with the family moving and the young girl missing her beau, then seeing the new next door neighbor boy … "you've got to be kidding" …. the boy is delicious looking, rather a soft resemblance to the father. Fun. Anyone know the boy actor? The father? Had either?

by Anonymousreply 231August 21, 2018 2:56 AM

THOSE FUCKING WAYFAIR ADS!!!! I hate that damn jingle "wayfar you're just what I need"

those car ads that have been playing nonstop for several months now featuring awful "singers". There are so many amazing singers out there-I don't get why the jingles these days feature people with the horrible indie style who sound awful

by Anonymousreply 232August 21, 2018 3:04 AM

Any Kaley Cuoco Priceline commercial - I didn't like her to start. The ads have made me hate her.

by Anonymousreply 233August 21, 2018 3:07 AM

[quote] "wayfar you're just what I need"

No, silly, it's "Wayfair, you've got just what I need."

by Anonymousreply 234August 21, 2018 3:43 AM

[quote] THOSE FUCKING WAYFAIR ADS!!!! I hate that damn jingle "wayfar you're just what I need"

How about the Wayfair "drop the mic" ad where people are so thrilled by their new furniture that they throw their phones and tablets on the floor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235August 21, 2018 3:48 AM

And now the Jif Power Ups ad. Hate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236August 22, 2018 12:57 AM

The State Farm "My She-Shed Is Burning" commercial. Someone started a thread to ask if black women could be fraus. The woman in this commercial would be a frau.

by Anonymousreply 237August 22, 2018 4:49 AM

R237 What were the makers of this commercial thinking, having a black woman standing there watching part of her house burn, saying, "It finally happened. Somebody burned down my she-shed"?! All I can think when I watch that is that the Klan stopped by and torched the place.

Then they have the husband say that the she-shed was struck by lightning, so we're all supposed to go, "Whew! It wasn't a racist act after all."

by Anonymousreply 238August 22, 2018 10:14 AM

Those shampoo commercials with the creepy poor man's Kristen Chenoweth who tries to convince another woman to change shampoo/conditioner while openly admitting to watching and stalking her.

by Anonymousreply 239August 22, 2018 2:04 PM

Wayfair: "Game changer!"

I will never order anything from that company because of those ads.

by Anonymousreply 240August 22, 2018 5:31 PM

This creepy little fucker from Shriners hospital. There's another one where he's wearing a bow tie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241August 22, 2018 6:12 PM

You're an awful person, R241.

by Anonymousreply 242August 22, 2018 7:13 PM

There are still Shriners? I remember Johnny Carson making jokes about Shriners conventions when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 243August 22, 2018 7:39 PM

The Orkin pest control commercial with the OCD hausfrau dressed in white and her house is all white. She warrants a visit from these guys:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244August 22, 2018 7:46 PM

The Shriners commercials are tear-jerkers. Hard to watch but hard to hate too. Get a heart, R241. (I bet that's a woman, watch).

by Anonymousreply 245August 22, 2018 9:15 PM

The Progressive motorcycle insurance commercial where birds are flying into a motorcyclist. Seems PETA should shut that one down.

by Anonymousreply 246August 22, 2018 10:25 PM

How about the ColoGuard commercials with the talking box telling you to take a shit and send it in the mail? ("Then you just go ... I mean, collect your sample.")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 22, 2018 10:31 PM

-I know. The notion of boxes of shit flying through the mail all over makes me queasy. And no cute cartoon box distracts me from it.

by Anonymousreply 248August 22, 2018 10:37 PM

“Booking dot yeah.” And yes, r190, the autotuned, menacing “My Favorite Things.”

by Anonymousreply 249August 22, 2018 10:54 PM

I love R240.

by Anonymousreply 250August 23, 2018 11:22 AM

[quote]Raindrops on roses - that stupid Sound of Music song sang by some bland butch female singer. Don't even know what the commercial is - but I hate it.

The actual words to the song are, "Raindrops on roses, and whiskers ON kittens," but in the ad, it's sung as "whiskers FROM kittens." There is a huge difference. Whiskers FROM kittens suggests that the whiskers were physically removed from the kittens—something I'm sure the kittens were not pleased about. I'm sure having whiskers yanked from your little kitten face wouldn't feel good at all.

The saving grace, as also noted by the poster whose quote I used, is that I have absolutely no idea what product is being sold in the commercial. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 251August 23, 2018 4:37 PM

The one with Rachel Dratch, don't like her period.

by Anonymousreply 252August 26, 2018 10:25 AM

That scary lipless red head who spitefully destroys the pie when she learns she wasted thousands on commissions in The Purple Bricks commercial, and the passive aggressive "friend" delivering the news.

Such ugliness all around.

by Anonymousreply 253August 26, 2018 10:31 AM

I have to agree with R241. The bowtie kid is creepy. Alec's voice has changed and I'm guessing he's being put out to pasture on Menudo Island and this new one will be taking over.

I also hate the University of Phoenix commercial with this execrable song:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 26, 2018 11:26 AM

I see this one at my movie theater more often than TV, but Gillian Jacobs explaining Diet Coke.

by Anonymousreply 255August 26, 2018 1:40 PM

Any commercial with the phrase "Ask your doctor if _____ is right for you."

by Anonymousreply 256August 26, 2018 2:02 PM

The one where the mom jacks her kids' lemonade stand so they can all watch organized sports on Direct TV. If I were the customer, I'd be all "Bitch, what am I gonna do with a bucket of this swill?"

by Anonymousreply 257August 26, 2018 10:50 PM

Every single Sonic commercial. Awful.

by Anonymousreply 258August 27, 2018 1:29 AM

WAs just about to post about the Sonic ads, especially the ones with Ellie Kemper and Jane Krakowski (more so because of the latter). Never thought they would have me wanting the two guys back.

Just saw CapriSun starting to re-air the commercials featuring the two little girls with one of them threatening to shave her sister's head unless mom gives into their demands and buys the product.

by Anonymousreply 259August 27, 2018 5:03 AM

[quote]Liberty Liberty Liberty. LIIIIIIBEEEERRRRRTTTYYYYYYY!

That fourth Liberty goes through me like a knife. It’s like Closets Closets Closets Closets.

by Anonymousreply 260September 6, 2018 1:23 AM

This commercial is beyond stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261September 6, 2018 1:25 AM

The spam stir fry commercial. Spam, peas and rice. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 262September 6, 2018 3:45 AM

This guy annoys the fuck out of me. The absolute fuck!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263September 6, 2018 4:44 AM

I hate those Nationwide commercials with musicians pretending they sing that song for fun on their own.

by Anonymousreply 264September 6, 2018 5:30 AM

That stupid puppet at Bob's furnature

by Anonymousreply 265September 6, 2018 8:48 AM

I think that blonde kid in this new subway commercial is hot even when being blow on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266September 6, 2018 1:59 PM

That AT&T commercial with the annoying little bitch girl riding around on a scooter in the AT&T store, then introducing DJ Fluffernutter. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 267September 8, 2018 10:32 AM

Maybe more a CBS promo for upcoming show The Neighborhood, rather than a commercial, but the one where Cedric says, "Grover? Grover Johnson?"

by Anonymousreply 268September 8, 2018 10:58 AM

I just came here to say the same thing R268. Those commercials are dumb and unfunny and horribly bad. I don't understand the people who approve most of the CBS lineup - their shows are so not... evolved. I never watch anything on that network except Survivor or The Amazing Race.

by Anonymousreply 269September 8, 2018 4:46 PM

Charmin just hit a new low in their ads. This new one has the bear parents finding a pair of their kid bears underpants on the bathroom floor. They both say "I'm not picking it up!" in horrified voices. Kid bear breezes in and says "it's OK, they're clean. My hiney's clean!".

Then they have a simulated demonstration to show us how good their paper will wipe your ass. Two forearms are held side by side and then blue goo is smeared on both. A hand appears and wipes both arms with paper -- one arm is totally cleaned but the other arm is shown to have a nasty streak left behind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270September 8, 2018 4:58 PM

Any commercial featuring Serena Williams. Just go away and take that baby with you! They're run ad nauseam during any tennis broadcast.

by Anonymousreply 271September 8, 2018 5:06 PM

Wanna smack the Chevy SUV guy. Don't presume to tell anyone when they are ready to commit further.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272September 8, 2018 5:14 PM

[quote]Any commercial featuring Serena Williams. Just go away and take that baby with you! They're run ad nauseam during any tennis broadcast.

I particularly loathe the ad for some credit card company in which Serena jogs past some kind of street fair, stops at an ATM and then buys a blue pendant. Jesus effing Christ, is that huge-assed Amazon even capable of smiling? That scene looks like it should be in the first couple of minutes of [italic]2001: A Space Odyssey.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 273September 8, 2018 5:56 PM

The one that starts with a Millennial girl with severe glottal fry saying "I love my mattress"!

ALL of the Wayfair ads! Jesus H. Christ they are half the commercials aired and ALL NON-UNION paying the actors SHIT!

by Anonymousreply 274September 8, 2018 11:58 PM

I loathe this commercial.

First of all, a leaky hot water heater "rocked their world." Really? I mean, fuck really? Yes, it would be a huge pain, but how does it "rock your world"? If that's the worst thing to have happen to you, then count your blessings.

Secondly, "they greeted me as they always do....hello Sgt. Barker." You can tell this loser feels his rank is so bloody important to him.

I can't stand this commercial and I hate Sgt. Baker, his nose, and his wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275September 9, 2018 11:05 PM

That laxative commercial with the couple on the blind date and the woman talking about her constipation and how backed up she is. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 276September 9, 2018 11:38 PM

I hate that sissy Jamie and the Progressive singers.

by Anonymousreply 277September 10, 2018 4:50 AM

I swear if I hear the word "gamechanger" in a commercial one more time I shall burn down Sheryl's New She Shed myself.

by Anonymousreply 278September 10, 2018 5:22 PM

[quote] I hate that sissy Jamie and the Progressive singers.

I agree. I loathe Jamie and the singing. But the fraus and their spawn think the commercial is just so adorable! That seems to be the target audience for most commercials these days: dumb fraus and their young brats. Witness this sample of YouTube comments on the commercial in question:

My 4 year old and I LOVE this commercial! He makes me act it out with him over and over and over again! 🤣🤣🤣

My one year old loves this commercial 😂😂

My two year old luvs this commercial and have the double clap down😂

I love these commercials! They r the best always have me and my 2 yr old daughter laughing!! 😂😂

Every time this commercial comes on my 8month old drops everything and looks at tv smiling!! 😂😂 I always laughed at it when it first came out but he likes it too I guess!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279September 10, 2018 5:58 PM

Hating the commercial for the new Kevin Hart movie "Night School". So much overacting and bad writing, hoping to get laughs from morons. I saw Tiffany Hadish on SNL and thought she was kind of amusing, but every time I've seen her since then... she just grates. I get the same vibe at this commercial as the ads for that new CBS show "The Neighborhood".

by Anonymousreply 280September 13, 2018 3:36 PM

I don't seem to be able to find the video online but here, in Canada, there's this current commercial for children's Advil with a couple of hipster parents, the mom looking like a thinner version of Lens Dunham. At the end, the said mom dances with her bratty daughter over a puddle of spilled milk in the kitchen. Insufferable...

by Anonymousreply 281September 13, 2018 3:49 PM

Curious as to why all of the Charmin ads focus on the male bears as having issues with getting their assholes spic & span -- Father Bear is always worrying about not getting clean after using inferior paper and little boy Bear leaving streaks in his underwear.

by Anonymousreply 282September 13, 2018 4:44 PM

....When it actually is WOMEN who use toilet paper much more than men...and need it to be soft for their Hoo Has.

by Anonymousreply 283September 13, 2018 4:56 PM

All of Progressive's commercials (disclaimer: former marketing employee for the company). Fuck off Flo... Every single commercial of theirs involves someone (Flo) manically screaming.

by Anonymousreply 284September 13, 2018 5:15 PM

I mute the tv everytime this commercial comes on. Annoying child. I'd punch her in the stomach if she was annoying to me like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285September 13, 2018 11:08 PM

I really hate the Liberty Mutual commercials.

by Anonymousreply 286September 13, 2018 11:20 PM

All the poor tourists trying to find the pretty park with the nice view of the SoL are going to be very angry at Liberty Mutual

by Anonymousreply 287September 13, 2018 11:36 PM

R280, Grover? Grover Johnson?

by Anonymousreply 288September 14, 2018 3:13 AM

The Raymond James "Kevin" "Kevin" "Kevin" ad.

The yoga pants ad with the woman who endlessly repeats "I love my butt. "

All Wayfair ads but most especially "Drop the mic. "

by Anonymousreply 289September 14, 2018 4:36 AM

1-877 Kars 4 Kids

K-A-R-S Kars 4 Kids

Donate Your Car Today!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290September 14, 2018 4:48 AM

R278 - I thought I was the only one who DESPISES the guy that says "gamechanger". Move it along TOOTS!

by Anonymousreply 291September 14, 2018 4:59 AM

The fucking Wayfair jingles. The “cover better, crunch better, rock better roll better, whoa better dream better, clean better — yeah, better! (Wayfair’s got free shipping? Game changer!) Fassbender, Free Bender, everything’s bender when it’s freeeeeeeee, yeah!” is pretty bad, but there’s a bawdy, bluesy one now sung by a woman that’s really getting on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 292September 14, 2018 5:26 AM

That was, “everything’s bender when it ships freeeeeeee, yeah!”

But here’s the bawdy, bluesy one. Barf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293September 14, 2018 5:29 AM

R272, I like that guy. The actor’s name is Potsch Boyd. I follow him on Instagram, and his whole feed is currently devoted to him showcasing the building of his “dream house”. Seems like a very nice person. Never found him annoying in the commercials either (obviously). Of all the annoying TV ads and commercial actors out there, he’s pretty goddamn mild mannered —and reasonably handsome.

by Anonymousreply 294September 14, 2018 5:34 AM

Wayfarer "Game changer! " guy is on the downlow.

by Anonymousreply 295September 14, 2018 3:47 PM

I suspect you’re right, R295.

by Anonymousreply 296September 14, 2018 6:48 PM

R294 I hate these fucking Chevy commercials with the "real people" reactions. I read an interview with one of the "real people" from those commercials. True, the people in the commercials are "real people." However, that's about where it stops. These people are recruited for focus groups, and then some are picked to be in a commercial. They're given wardrobe, makeup, etc., and the spot is filmed. While the spots are basically unscripted on the part of the "real people," the people are coached to act surprised or excited or dumbfounded or whatever the commercials calls for.

So when the Chevy guy says something like, "Surprise! The best selling truck in America is a Chevy," the people know that line is coming, and then are coached to react with, "Wow!" "No way!" "Are you kidding me?"

Knowing all this makes me hate those commercials even more.

by Anonymousreply 297September 15, 2018 1:05 AM

Ownzone headphones - the dad who’s trying to watch the football game while his wife and kids are running around being a noisy pain, is gayer than a roomful of chorus boys. How did he have two kids? In vitro?

by Anonymousreply 298September 15, 2018 2:03 PM

Still hate the little Verizon asshole

by Anonymousreply 299September 15, 2018 3:18 PM

Freak yeah!

by Anonymousreply 300September 15, 2018 3:25 PM

That University of Phoenix commercial where the prick professor won't let the late chick with whorish eye shadow into the exam. So she enrolls in Phoenix and slathers on more eye shadow to flirt with the "cool" professor. I just know she has an affair with him.

by Anonymousreply 301September 17, 2018 10:08 PM

Her degree from Phoenix will get her exactly the kind of job she's aspiring to: prostitution whore.

by Anonymousreply 302September 17, 2018 10:10 PM

Again, those security ring commercials with the smug nerd at the gym or the bitchy housewife at her pedicure snarking telling thugs to get off their property ...

If anybody did that in real life, real life thugs would make sure you were home the next time they came back - TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF YOUR SMUG ASS.

My advice, if you get one of those devices, keep your yap shut and let the neighborhood cops come and handle the thugs.

by Anonymousreply 303September 17, 2018 10:29 PM

Race car driver James Hinchcliffe phoning it in for the Honda Accord spot that's running as nauseam this month. What does a helicopter have to do with him or the Honda?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304September 17, 2018 10:36 PM

R247 & R248, doesn't it sound like the specimen box is saying "Just [italic]shit[/italic] me to the lab"?

I think they did that on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 305September 17, 2018 10:42 PM

Choice Hotels where that fucker says "Badda Book Badda Boom"

by Anonymousreply 306September 17, 2018 10:46 PM

R241, every time I see that commercial I think "Damn, that child looks like Paul Ryan's crippled Mini-Me."

by Anonymousreply 307September 17, 2018 10:47 PM

The same goes for Alec and Ted Cruz, r307.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308September 17, 2018 10:58 PM

R303, I wish they'd do a sequel to the commercial where that brash frau tells the nitwits to get off her lawn. It's three days later, she's unloading the 12-packs of Pepsi from her Subaru hatchback when someone grabs her by the hair and throws her onto the driveway. She looks up to see them going in her back door, rooting through her car, and their leader standing in front of her explaining how he don't like being called a nitwit...

by Anonymousreply 309September 17, 2018 11:33 PM

I can't remember what home security device it's for, but it's one of those surveillance cameras that lets you talk to whoever's at the door without opening it, and the female homeowner tells an intruder she can't come to the door because she's "bathing the children." What the everloving fuck?! What woman in her right mind would tell a potential murderous intruder that she and her kids are alone and extremely vulnerable at the moment?

by Anonymousreply 310September 17, 2018 11:39 PM

Exactly r309! I hope these alarm services are not encouraging stupid people to say or do stupid things.

I know insulting robbers and arsonists wouldn’t go over well in my town.

by Anonymousreply 311September 18, 2018 1:56 PM

MadTV would have been all over that commercial and would have probably aired something similar to r309’s sequel.

SNL is too vanilla and PC to do it.

by Anonymousreply 312September 18, 2018 1:58 PM

I can picture Stephanie Weir as the battered housewife and Josh Meyer as the gym nerd. With the usual mixed race crew (McDonald, Lee, Key and Peele) as the city thugs.

by Anonymousreply 313September 18, 2018 2:02 PM

I am sick of all of the Capital One ads and somebody asking "What's in YOUR wallet?" but I saw one the other day about a Capital One cafe and the guy in the ad was a very handsome daddy type. Anyone seen that one and know who it is? I thought they usually went with someone recognizable, like Jennifer Garner.

by Anonymousreply 314September 18, 2018 2:42 PM

I loathe those Discover (or is it Capitol One? Or both?) commercials where the very white, “woke” black chick with the tightly curled Afro gets a representative on the phone (played by the same actress), and then something happens in her apartment that freaks her out, and she tosses the phone while emitting one of those subdued ‘screams’ (“huh-laaaaa!”). Calm down, weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 315September 19, 2018 4:47 AM

Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316September 19, 2018 4:48 AM

Here’s the other one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317September 19, 2018 4:49 AM

Grover? Grover Johnson? Can't wait til its cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 318September 20, 2018 11:24 PM

Right, R318? I cringe from second hand embarrassment every time that shit airs, that Cedric the Entertainer is stooping this low.

by Anonymousreply 319September 21, 2018 12:05 AM

[quote]I loathe those Discover (or is it Capitol One? Or both?) commercials where the very white, “woke” black chick with the tightly curled Afro gets a representative on the phone

That Afro actually has a very loose curl pattern, R315.

by Anonymousreply 320September 21, 2018 12:17 AM

The Vraylar commercials freak me out. There's one with a housewife having a manic attack and making a 100 sandwiches in the middle of the night. Do manic people really do crazy shit like that? Who's she making all those sandwiches for? A sandwich only stays fresh for a day, so she's going to have to throw out all those sandwiches.

They just came out with a new one. It's of a guy who has a manic attack in the middle of the night and decides to work in the garden. It's so crazy.

Manic people are funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321September 21, 2018 12:32 AM

The Amazon Wardrobe commercial where the woman is with her daughter in her bedroom trying on all sorts of different outfits and acting all nervous, so of course, we think she's choosing an outfit for a big job interview. Turns out mom is going onstage as a standup comedienne. Barf.

by Anonymousreply 322September 21, 2018 2:18 AM

The Hispanic guy with the flat butt in the Tujueo or whatever diabetic pen thing. The one dancing to Let’s Groove Tonight. He looks like he’s having a seizure.

by Anonymousreply 323September 21, 2018 2:43 AM

Why does every insurance company have to have hilarity and absurdity in their commercials? GEICO, of course, but now even the Navy, Farmer's, Allstate, Liberty, ad nauseum.

Do they think that people trust jokers?

by Anonymousreply 324September 21, 2018 2:53 AM

"We know a thing or two because we've seen a thing or two." -- I'm really getting sick of all the Farmers Insurance commercials.

by Anonymousreply 325September 21, 2018 4:47 AM

I don't care that Rob Lowe looks into my eyes and confides that he keeps an Atkins peanut butter bar on him at all times. He shouldn't be so concerned about calories/carbs - his busted face looks like it needs some fat to fill out the creases.

by Anonymousreply 326September 21, 2018 4:45 PM

I want to slap the sarcastic expression off the Mom who gave her kids Yoplait in the car.

by Anonymousreply 327September 22, 2018 5:42 AM

That guy who takes a shit in his basement bathroom irritates me. He starts spraying that Febreze all over like an idiot. In real life it would get all over him, and he'd be inhaling it.

by Anonymousreply 328September 22, 2018 12:51 PM

[quote]I want to slap the sarcastic expression off the Mom who gave her kids Yoplait in the car.

I don't even understand that commercial. The mom says a sarcastic line to the camera that doesn't even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 329September 22, 2018 7:46 PM

Do the Discover commercials always have the same person playing the caller and phone representative? I can't tell. Sometimes I think it's the same person and sometimes I go back to thinking it's just look-alikes

by Anonymousreply 330September 22, 2018 7:50 PM

Every freaking generic ad targeted at millennial's...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331September 22, 2018 7:59 PM

That pouty brat from hell who asks, "So what does the dishwasher DO?" I'd like to shove her inside one and turn it on!

And they're STILL showing those hideous Dove chocolate commercials with Edith Piaf's caterwauling screech: "Non, ne regrette rien...." She's DEAD, you fucking cunts!

by Anonymousreply 332September 22, 2018 8:11 PM

Commercials with overly emphatic, overly enthusiastic, insufferably petulant, self absorbed, basic ass snotty white bitches with annoying vocal affectations - uptalking, valley girl talking, vocal fry... who pronounce words like "fresh" as "frash", "better" becomes "batter", "always" becomes "o-ways", "forward" becomes "foe-ward", "pure" becomes "pee-you're!", "button" becomes "buh-en"...

by Anonymousreply 333September 23, 2018 2:12 AM

Ole William Shatner just showed up in an ad for one of those portable oxygen concentrators, where they show seniors enjoying life outside instead of being chained to a big bulky tank. William Shatner always seems so smarmy, though, looking in the camera and failing to seem sincere. I guess those Star Trek conventions have finally dried up and William is available to shill for a paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 334September 25, 2018 8:39 PM

Moms against Meningitis B!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335September 25, 2018 8:44 PM

Rachel Maddox promotion on MSNBC. I like Rachel, but the ads accentuate her annoying tendency to repeat things and beat the point to death, as well as a certain too cute smugness.

by Anonymousreply 336September 25, 2018 9:36 PM

I did not read the whole thread, so this might have been mentioned but I am ready to scream everytime Flo's replacement on Progressive comes on with that singing choir and he says he is not feeling it. Cannot stand that guy. He makes Flo bearable.

by Anonymousreply 337September 25, 2018 10:24 PM

The Truvada commercial where the transexual says "I'm on the pill" in a hideous valley girl vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 338September 25, 2018 11:37 PM

The Kraft shredded cheese commercial where the frau is dressed as a professional chef and says "Bon Appe-cheese." I just want to take a cast iron frying pan or a marble rolling pin and bash her head in until she's no longer moving or breathing.

by Anonymousreply 339September 26, 2018 12:14 AM

R330, I wonder the same thing! Drives me crazy too. Their latest commercial with the white guy wearing glasses is the hardest one to tell yet.

by Anonymousreply 340September 26, 2018 2:47 PM

The commercial for the new Fox TV show called "Rel" looks almost as bad as "The Neighborhood" on CBS. Can't anyone write a black show that doesn't have characters and situations that don't make your eyes roll?

by Anonymousreply 341September 26, 2018 7:25 PM

The "She Shed" State Farm commercial... please stop trying to make "she shed" a "thing"...

by Anonymousreply 342September 26, 2018 8:01 PM

"1-877-CARS-4-KIDS"

by Anonymousreply 343September 26, 2018 8:44 PM

The Mitsubishi commercial where they show a group going on a test drive and then the dealership driver (a white guy) says "let's hear the sound system", then he starts rapping. I hit the Mute button at warp speed.

by Anonymousreply 344September 29, 2018 4:57 PM

Those exploitative Life Alert ads with the woman at the foot of the stairs. "Warning: You MAY be offended."

by Anonymousreply 345September 29, 2018 6:53 PM

r235. but the wayfair ad with the tall bearded guy? damn. just damn.

by Anonymousreply 346September 29, 2018 7:04 PM

The one that uses "Sympathy for the Devil" to introduce some CAR...!

by Anonymousreply 347September 29, 2018 7:07 PM

"O, o, o, o-Chantix!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348September 29, 2018 7:21 PM

Dennis Quaid is scaring the shit out of me. What the fuck did he do to his face?

by Anonymousreply 349September 29, 2018 7:23 PM

Not as much as Ray Liotta's new face scares me.

by Anonymousreply 350September 29, 2018 10:37 PM

Subaru Outback commercial with the blind guy: "If you try real hard you can hear the whales". Enough already. Snap his cane in two and kick him in the nuts.

by Anonymousreply 351September 29, 2018 11:40 PM

"Love you, Pookie Bear! Love you, Pookie Bear!"

AAAUUUGGHHHH!!!

by Anonymousreply 352September 29, 2018 11:54 PM

Two - The one about the car brought to you by the devil himself and the shitty butt bears toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 353September 30, 2018 12:11 AM

All political commercials! 5 more weeks of this b.s.. ugh

by Anonymousreply 354September 30, 2018 1:28 PM

R351 I was just gonna post about that ridiculous commercial myself! Puh-leez.

by Anonymousreply 355September 30, 2018 1:37 PM

Oh oh oh Ozempic!!! "Oh! It SUCKS!"

Spacing on it but there's another one playing now that ruins another song from my youth too. Knock it off, Mad Men assholes.

by Anonymousreply 356October 2, 2018 12:45 AM

Lots of notable entries here. I despise the Arby's commercials mainly because of the "FOR SANDWICHES!!!" ending. The mute button gets a lot of exercise around here.

by Anonymousreply 357October 2, 2018 12:50 AM

R237 and R238 It was I! I burned down the She Shed!!!

by Anonymousreply 358October 2, 2018 2:50 PM

Hate this commercial. Cunt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 2, 2018 4:18 PM

I actually stopped a woman on the street here in NYC a few weeks ago to ask her what her perfume was. She said it was that one, R359. What can I say? —it reminds me of the perfume a beloved older, female, “sophisticated” cousin of mine used to wear when I was growing up, it brings back great memories.

by Anonymousreply 360October 3, 2018 6:58 AM

White dad doesn't like the type of news his black daughter reads on her phone, so he installs the SmartNews app on both their phones and now she's much more tolerable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361October 3, 2018 11:15 PM

That SmartNews commercial doesn't make sense until you see the full series. Make America Great Again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362October 3, 2018 11:43 PM

I almost never watch live TV, always DVR everything. So it was only when I was watching some of the US Open that I hadn't pre-recorded a few weeks ago that I had to watch commercials--the one with the "These are a Few of my Favorite Things" with the awful butch female singer with the foreign accent was a Volvo commercial (thank God it seems to be over). And those horrible Serena Williams Chase commercials--I hate Serena anyway. I agree with everyone who hates Wayfair--I think it must be the horrible jingles that get to me the most. I can stand most other things if I'm forced to watch. But mostly if I've recorded the program, I fast forward through the commercials. Don't know why everybody doesn't do that.

by Anonymousreply 363October 4, 2018 12:40 AM

I fucking hate the song in this commercial. The girl does that bizarre garbling of her vowel sounds that’s all the rage right now among young female pop singers. I cannot believe how popular this trend has gotten and can’t understand why these girls don’t feel like complete DOUCHES singing like this.

I have no comments about the visuals in the commercial or the Uniqlo product itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364October 6, 2018 2:54 AM

[quote]Subaru Outback commercial with the blind guy: "If you try real hard you can hear the whales". Enough already. Snap his cane in two and kick him in the nuts.

I can't wait for the sequel, in which we discover the wise blind seer isn't blind at all... but he IS a sexual sadist serial killer (collector subtype). His cane conceals a six-inch stiletto blade. "If you listen real hard, you can hear all the people ...who can't hear you. Welcome to my pickle jar!"

Gee, who knew a Subaru could absorb that much blood and brain matter?

by Anonymousreply 365October 6, 2018 4:07 AM

I'm currently hating the eczema commercial with the woman clawing at her bloody, ravaged flesh. The happy ending is when she's able to put on a pair of slippers without ants swarming, Morgellons fibers sprouting, and vines wrapping around her legs.

I can only imagine what the storyboards looked like.

by Anonymousreply 366October 13, 2018 6:15 AM

R366

OMG! That one icks me out and plays non-stop! I literally have to fast-forward it. I can't stand when she washes her hands and there are ants pouring out from her skin.

by Anonymousreply 367October 13, 2018 6:31 AM

I’ll take upspeak vocal fry before the “singing” in this Tetlea Tea rendition of the little teapot song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368October 13, 2018 7:04 AM

These fatties at the pizza place commercial is just dumb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369October 13, 2018 1:17 PM

I hate that breast cancer medication commercial with the older white woman who lives in a quaint New England town and has her yarn business. Then at the end of the commercial, her older white husband comes to pick her up and they drive over to visit the young African American couple in their quaint New England home.

Right. That happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 370October 13, 2018 3:21 PM

Is that one of the arm patch commercials, r370? I’ve noticed that the trend in breast cancer commercials seems to be a hot daddy making tea and wrapping the woman (who appears to be contractually obligated to deliver the Nancy Reagan look of adoration) in a shawl before going outside to stroll the yard with a dog.

Getting into a car is positively novel!

by Anonymousreply 371October 13, 2018 10:22 PM

LMAO at R370. The yarn business is the perfect earnest touch.

by Anonymousreply 372October 13, 2018 10:29 PM

R370, this one? I hadn't seen it until now, but it is a funny thought come to think about it. She's all suburban frau with a yarn business lol then visits the black couple after "working" at her yarn store

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373October 13, 2018 10:38 PM

The new Chevy commercial with "real" people is the worst yet. They come to pick their SUV from the shop and it's been replaced by a Chevy! Of course they are thrilled! Not to mention they are picking it up in the actual garage, which would never happen, and the shop itself is sparkling clean. So real!

I also hate the Papa Murphy commercial where the frau gazing into the oven refuses to share the pizza with her husband, mewing in a baby voice that it's MY personal XXL pizza. In my dreams the husband smashes her face into the oven and then files for divorce.

by Anonymousreply 374October 13, 2018 11:20 PM

All of those medication commercials that are directed towards women always depict them with an arts and craft-type pf hobby and owning a small town business in New England or the Mid West.

by Anonymousreply 375October 13, 2018 11:50 PM

I’ve just watched watched a Neulasta commercial and while there’s a dog, a shawl, and a walk in the yard, there’s no tea. This is all DL’s fault. I’m seeing phantom cradled mugs where there are none.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376October 14, 2018 12:06 AM

I hate the stay at home dad who takes care of his spawn with help from Alexa. How stupid and/or incapable is he. He can't last a day with the kid without a reassuring love message from his wife relayed through a synthesized voice. I hate his beard too.

by Anonymousreply 377October 14, 2018 12:21 AM

Ugh thanks for the reminder, in a few weeks we’ll probably get the “Steal My Sunshine” snow day luau “Alexa order paper towels” spot again.

by Anonymousreply 378October 14, 2018 12:50 AM

R373 Ugh! Yes! That's the one! I wanna stab her with her knitting needles and put her out of her misery AND mine!

by Anonymousreply 379October 14, 2018 1:25 AM

R370 No, that's a different one, but same general theme. Elderly couple with silver hair walking slowly and looking at each other adoringly because wifey's dying.

by Anonymousreply 380October 14, 2018 1:26 AM

Isn’t DealDash a scam OP?

by Anonymousreply 381October 14, 2018 1:26 AM

Sorry. R380 was meant to respond to R371.

by Anonymousreply 382October 14, 2018 1:27 AM

The guy who looks like a long haired Ray Romano wearing a one man band outfit tooting a horn and singing about Hormel Pepperon

by Anonymousreply 383October 14, 2018 1:37 AM

The heartbreaking ad that has been inning in LA with the poor pig trying to chew threw the metal bar to escape - I can't grab the remote fast enough!!

by Anonymousreply 384October 14, 2018 1:40 AM

Sorry - 384 here - autocorrect got me - I meant "running" and "through"

by Anonymousreply 385October 14, 2018 1:43 AM

The ads for upcoming elections in Georgia have me ready to stay home and vote for nobody. Worst offenders: the "teacher" who bitches about Brian Kemp pointing a gun at a teen and who uses the worst Valley Girl silly voice, "Who DOES that." Such a non-issue anyway (it's an actor in a commercial not likely to be shot for real, idiots).

Just as bad on the other side, the Helicopter Mom complaining about the black female candidate allowing people to take photos of kids "without our consent". Eeeeek, such a huge problem. Give me a fucking break.

And finally the bitch who says "As a whateveritis AND a mother..." Guaranteed to make me vote for anyone else on the ballot. And these play every ten minutes, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 386October 16, 2018 8:33 PM

The political ads are driving me INSANE, and there's still three weeks to go!

--If I never hear the words "preexisting conditions" again, it will be too soon! They all accuse each other of being against preexisting conditions, and most of them testify to the preexisting conditions that their children or they themselves HAVE!! There are at least three running in my area now where a parent claims an unnamed but "serious" or "genetic" or "hereditary" preexisting condition.

--FIGHTING for US!! They all claim to FIGHT for us! I don't want or need my leglislators to FIGHT for anything. There is plenty of fighting going on now! I would appreciate it if they would just do their fucking jobs and pass some decent legislation that would truly benefit people.

--Ridiculous claims: some cunt who is a current Repug incumbent in the House claims she singlehandedly put an end to internet sex trafficking! She has a small group of three women (one black, one very fat and one other one) all testifying how she saved them from this fate.

--Perfect families: this SOB who I hope will go down in defeat starts by saying, "We have two perfect little boys...just ASK THEIR MAMA." (He went to YALE, btw, but has to show us rubes how down home he is). He then goes on to say that one of them has...you guessed it-a preexisting condition!!!!!!

I CAN'T TAKE MUCH MORE!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 387October 16, 2018 8:47 PM

Yep, the "He's a great dad"/"She's a Mommy too" angle is so fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 388October 16, 2018 9:00 PM

That little girl who is so into football that she grabs a box and rips it in two as she screams like a banshee as her proud parents high five in the background because they are so proud of their psycho spawn.

Any commercial with people wandering through the woods and looking up in shock and awe at trees! (I'm looking at you Blythe.) That goes for people who point at something "up there" too.

by Anonymousreply 389October 16, 2018 9:04 PM

These friggin political commercials! I'm done with broadcast tv until after these midterms.

by Anonymousreply 390October 17, 2018 12:30 PM

The Rachel Dratch, Ruby Tuesday commercial, can't understand a word she says and shes not funny

by Anonymousreply 391October 20, 2018 7:10 PM

They’ve hit a new low white a kid “throwing up”on camera because of sneaked-in vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 392October 21, 2018 1:14 AM

With^^

by Anonymousreply 393October 21, 2018 1:15 AM

Weird soccer mom carrying on in her minivan while daughter and coach watch cringingly from the field. I wish she would accidentally step on the gas while doing a solo Thelma & Louise monologue, and plow into a brick wall.

by Anonymousreply 394October 21, 2018 12:19 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 395October 21, 2018 1:30 PM

R392 I think I just saw that one. It was for Crest toothpaste. They legit showed the kid spewing up barf. Nasty! Why would they make that commercial?

by Anonymousreply 396October 22, 2018 4:47 AM

There's a new commercial for Kay Jewelers out where they show a guy talking to someone off camera, saying he wants to get permission from that person to marry the woman he loves. Of course, you think he's asking the father, but then the camera shows this really odd-looking little kid who just stands there and smiles. It's weird and creepy.

by Anonymousreply 397October 22, 2018 11:26 AM

I hate those animated commercials where the cute bears are discussing the advantages of toilet tissue. The image of that is nauseating. Imagine, actual animals wiping their furry asses with toilet tissue!

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 398October 22, 2018 12:34 PM

And I hate all pharmaceutical commercials on principle.The insidious way they hint you may need their latest, no doubt expensive medication reminds me of toy commercials aimed at children, encouraging them to go ask mom and dad to buy them something. This is the same thing, only now they’re trying to get adults to convince their doctors they need something new.

And what is the point of using two people, in adjoining bathtubs, outdoors yet!, to advertise meds for erectile dysfunction! WTF!

by Anonymousreply 399October 22, 2018 2:51 PM

Dead eyed Anna Kendrick in those dreadful Hilton commercials. Kaley Cucco does the same thing so much better for Priceline. The Hilton commercial is so unoriginal and the hacks who created it should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 400October 22, 2018 3:07 PM

They need to stop scaring people into thinking they have "a fib" and "recurrent DVTs", much less "Hep C" and cancer from HPV. These ads are NOT a public service; they just spread misinformation and fear. Go to a fucking DOCTOR to get a genuine DIAGNOSIS!!

by Anonymousreply 401October 22, 2018 4:05 PM

The latest Snickers commercial with Sir Elton John being told he has no edge and then he becomes one of a dozen anonymous rappers -- as if any of them could even hope to have Elton's catalogue. I can't believe Elton even agreed to do it. Hope the $$$ was worth it. HIghly insulting and almost a bit racist, definitely ageist.

by Anonymousreply 402October 22, 2018 8:53 PM

What's the difference between HIV and HPV?

by Anonymousreply 403October 22, 2018 10:42 PM

Otezla: show more of you!

by Anonymousreply 404October 23, 2018 4:46 AM

I hate that commercial for a home security system that shows a woman whose home has just been broken into. As the camera roams around the trashed house, the woman is heard on the phone with the security company listening to music on hold while waiting for an operator. When someone finally picks up the call, the victim explains that she's been robbed only to be told "Sorry, wrong department" and put on hold again.

Come on, lady. If your house has already been broken into, the security company can't do jack shit for you no matter how quickly they answer the phone. Get a clue and call the police, honey.

by Anonymousreply 405October 23, 2018 6:09 AM

AMEN, R405. I’ve thought that many times while sitting through that commercial. I do like the music they play while she’s on hold, though.

by Anonymousreply 406October 23, 2018 7:31 AM

In which a frau mommy acts as if she's just stormed the beach at Normandy because her family ate microwave pizza. Shoot for the stars, ladies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407October 23, 2018 8:15 AM

One I currently hate is that woman with endometriosis symptoms not talking about he symptoms and her "conscience" is telling her otherwise. Is is so hard to say "Doc, I've got problems with my pussy"?

by Anonymousreply 408October 23, 2018 8:24 AM

I absolutely hate the way that the falling autumn leaves are thrown so forcefully, and only in an isolated area inches in front of the camera, at 0:08 of the Humana commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409October 23, 2018 10:25 PM

The commercial that offers different-sized gals a choice of 5 sizes of pad to avoid leakage when Aunt Flow arrives.

by Anonymousreply 410October 24, 2018 10:11 PM

All of Jennifer Garner's credit card commercials. Unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 411October 24, 2018 10:12 PM

There hasn't been a decent celebrity commercial since Karl Malden died.

by Anonymousreply 412October 25, 2018 12:21 AM

I saw this one today and wanted to punch my TV screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413October 25, 2018 3:48 AM

I HATE Sgt. Baker. I hope dies on his next tour.

by Anonymousreply 414October 25, 2018 4:02 AM

That new Facetime Portal thing (a face-time video phone thing) where the brother offers his sister a limp plant. When she complains that it's half dead, he replies "so are you". That is pretty mean spirited and morbid for a TV commercial.

by Anonymousreply 415October 28, 2018 3:13 PM

It's disgusting how many commercials there are about pooing. When did this become an acceptable thing to show on TV?

I just saw a commercial with people sitting on the toilet, and another with an animated bear proudly holding up his little underwear, all excited that they didn't have skid marks on them. I don't want to see that when I'm eating my lunch.

by Anonymousreply 416October 28, 2018 5:19 PM

The commercial R415 mentioned isn’t particularly morbid or mean spirited because the two people laugh at the end, but it IS a rather awkward script. It does the product no favors. I have no idea why the people involved in the ad thought it was a winner. Millennials in charge, maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417October 28, 2018 6:58 PM

I don't understand this portal thing. Don't we already have webcams and FaceTime and Skype?

by Anonymousreply 418October 28, 2018 7:01 PM

The one from a few years ago that's very similar to the blind old man traveling with the young couple to show them a certain location. An old female hippie is riding in a car with her daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter through Woodstock, NY trying to find the exact tree where she and her husband first met when they both attended the festival. They seemingly find the tree which the granddaughter hugs only for the hippy grandmother who's brain is most likely burnt out from years of pot and LSD to get confused, point in another direction and say "Or maybe it was that one......"

by Anonymousreply 419October 29, 2018 2:40 AM

Both Subaru, r419.

by Anonymousreply 420October 29, 2018 2:44 AM

[quote]I hate those animated commercials where the cute bears are discussing the advantages of toilet tissue. The image of that is nauseating. Imagine, actual animals wiping their furry asses with toilet tissue! Disgusting.

And nonsensical, even aside from the bears using tp foolishness. In this latest one, Ma & Pa Bear, [italic]who are NOT wearing underwear,[/italic] are squabbling over who's going to pick up the surely skidmarked drawers lying on the floor. Baby Bear, [italic]who is NOT wearing underwear,[/italic] waltzes in, bragging that HE'LL happily pick up the drawers because he knows they're shitstain-free, because of Charmin?Scott?Whatever? tp.

But what are Junior's underwear doing on the floor, anyway? Obviously he removed them, but why didn't he put on a fresh pair? And why are Ma & Pa Bear bitching about somebody else's nasty underwear, when they're too trifling to cover their own nasty asses?

by Anonymousreply 421October 29, 2018 4:19 AM

Wake up R421 - I queried this stupid bear scenario back on 9/08/18.

by Anonymousreply 422October 29, 2018 11:45 PM

R421, bears don't wear underwear, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 423October 30, 2018 1:13 AM

The stupid ass Allstate "she-shed" commercials. Also, the annoying Nugenix commercials with the basic ass white middle aged women talking in valley girl voice - "wooowwwww, I wish my husband would use that"

by Anonymousreply 424October 30, 2018 8:19 PM

The non commercial commercial for some candy bar with Ice T (or is it Ice Cube? Whatever) I guess it is supposed to be different, but it is just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 425October 30, 2018 9:24 PM

That dumb Dior ad with Charlize Theron - she climbs out of a pool and strides in slow motion with a bunch of other females in gold gowns. Her face is so blurred by CGI that it's embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 426November 4, 2018 3:57 PM

the endless libery mutual commercials. I actually worked for an ins company that got bought out by liberty mutual. I worked for a subsidary of liberty mutal as a result, in their independent agency company division. I worked in sales and marketing. The biggest complaint I heard from the agency system was how awful Liberty mutuals claims practices were. They really did do everything possible to get out of paying claims. I eventually left as it was embarassing to be associated with them.

To hear their ads, especially how great they are in claims, is just stomach turning. Sorry to be so specific. The one thing I did learn in my long career was the more an insurance company advertised, the worse you could expect the claims service to be.

by Anonymousreply 427November 4, 2018 8:13 PM

[quote] the endless libery mutual commercials.

Why do insurance companies advertise so much more than any other type of company or product? It seems that over half the commercials on TV these days are for insurance (and the rest are all pharmaceutical ads). TV has become an endless stream of Geico and Progressive commercials (both of which stopped being humorous years ago), endless Liberty Mutual commercials, and endless Farmers Insurance commercials. It's not like people go to the store and buy a new car insurance policy every day, so why all the fucking ads?

by Anonymousreply 428November 4, 2018 8:48 PM

[quote]The biggest complaint I heard from the agency system was how awful Liberty mutuals claims practices were. They really did do everything possible to get out of paying claims. I eventually left as it was embarassing to be associated with them.

Several years ago I settled a very substantial workers' compensation lawsuit. Liberty Mutual was the insurance company that my employer used. Liberty Mutual was supposed to pay me by a certain date—as I recall, a couple of months in the future. They didn't pay and didn't pay and the due date was getting nearer. I implored my attorney to do something, as I really needed the money NOW.

"Don't worry about it," he assured me.

The due date came and went with no payment, and my attorney sprang into action. He immediately filed whatever he needed to file, and within a matter of days I had not only the full settlement amount, but nearly $10,000 in late-payment fees.

So thanks, Liberty Mutual!

by Anonymousreply 429November 4, 2018 11:24 PM

Just saw this Geico commercial while watching Green Bay v Patriots. Kind of gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430November 5, 2018 2:40 AM

Wow, thanks for the dirt on Liberty Mutual (but happy for R429’s late fee payment! Wow!).

by Anonymousreply 431November 5, 2018 3:07 AM

Those super annoying Bounty radio ads playing UB40 Red Red Wine in the background(Spilled your Red Red Wine) and the tv Bounty ads with the little girl poking her father in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 432November 5, 2018 7:28 AM

R68

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433November 5, 2018 5:22 PM

The Progresso soup ads voiced by John Lithgow. I happened to catch the commercial where he's upset that airlines have restrictions on how much liquid passengers can bring on-board, so he can only pack small jars of soup when he travels. Oh, boohoo - shut up about the damn soup.

by Anonymousreply 434November 8, 2018 11:36 PM

"My heiny's clean!"

Three words I never thought I would hear on TV -

by Anonymousreply 435November 9, 2018 12:00 AM

The eczema commercials are the worst. The person who came up with them is an asshole who deserves to be fired!

by Anonymousreply 436November 9, 2018 12:02 AM

The worst one for me now is the reggae looking dude milking a giraffe and Skittles come pouring out into a bucket. WTF

by Anonymousreply 437November 9, 2018 12:44 AM

Not really hating this commercial but... there's an ad for a money saving prescription service called GoodRX with a guy that looks like Channing Tatum if he went on a food/booze bender and gained about 75 lbs. Every time the commercial comes on I think "God, Channing is looking like shit".

by Anonymousreply 438November 9, 2018 4:19 PM

Stupid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439November 11, 2018 6:06 PM

All the ones for car insurance. Hate that fucking lizard.

by Anonymousreply 440November 11, 2018 6:10 PM

Cereal commercials are so hype-y. Makes one crave sugar.

by Anonymousreply 441November 11, 2018 9:42 PM

This one is just a mess. The song doesn't match the scene. I thought it was a realty commercial until this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442November 13, 2018 12:24 PM

[quote]I hate that breast cancer medication commercial with the older white woman who lives in a quaint New England town and has her yarn business. Then at the end of the commercial, her older white husband comes to pick her up and they drive over to visit the young African American couple in their quaint New England home. Right. That happens all the time.

Use you imagination, think outside of the box. Perhaps they are going to see their adopted adult child and their spouse! 😂 🤣 😂 🤣 😂 🤣

by Anonymousreply 443November 13, 2018 1:04 PM

Where do most of you live? 'm in NYC and haven't seen most of these commercials.

by Anonymousreply 444November 13, 2018 1:08 PM

Not to derail, but how about two commercials one can dig? Actor's names wanted … who are they? You here with the good eyes, the knowledge, please tell us ...

The tv commercial for Optimum by Altice airing in the NY area … a family is moving and the young girl sulks leaving her boyfriend, only to arrive at new house and sees a young guy on a bike taking off his helmet,smiling. Father notes "you've got to be kidding" when they see the guy … I note the young guy is a looker, the actor also resembles father actor. Ok, so who is the young guy? Father, too, ain't bad.

In the tv commercial that;s another moving scenario, the young husband has car fully loaded, his wife comes to ask where her mother will sit …. "don't worry, won't leave without her." Who is actor? Somewhat nicely yummy.

by Anonymousreply 445November 15, 2018 4:44 PM

All State ads kill me. They are also horrible with claims. Some idiot flipped his car over and over, diagonally in front of me, barely missing my car - landing in cornfield. Travelling back to my home after some holiday. Roads were a little slick, but if you slowed down, it was manageable. Anyhow, I slowed down my car, and was freaking out. I could feel the other car's roof hitting the pavement. This is before cell phones were readily available. I was like do I get out and try to help this idiot, then thought no, I'll drive up to next exit and find a phone to call for help. I started getting up to speed then, BLAM! Guy who'd been a good 1/4 to 1/2 mile away, slammed into me. When asked, he said he was watching the guy go into the cornfield (it was a flat area and you could see quite a distance). He had a 1979 LTD - a land yacht.

His insurance - All State. Lied to me again and again. Didn't want to pay for rental car. My car was totaled. Lied that this guy was only insured for 6k, when state minimum was around 12k at the time. I had to get an attorney. Their attorney was almost held in contempt of court. Finally got settlement from them - just bare minimum, but I just wanted damages. Still have a bad back as I broke the headrest and seat in my car when hit. All State SUCKS. No good hands there.

by Anonymousreply 446November 15, 2018 8:02 PM

Datalounge, meet Janet. At around the 30s mark.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447November 16, 2018 5:15 AM

[quote] Cereal commercials are so hype-y.

And they always neglect to tell you that you need voter ID to buy it!

by Anonymousreply 448November 16, 2018 5:34 AM

Shriners Hospital updated their TV ad again and that kid Alex is aging out of being a tiny and cute tween. His voice is now shockingly deep and masculine. They have him showing a smaller, younger boy around the facility and I suspect this kid will be taking over as the new face of SH. I hope Alex gets a good send off, and I don't mean a couple of those tacky blankets.

by Anonymousreply 449November 16, 2018 5:38 AM

[quote]And they always neglect to tell you that you need voter ID to buy it!

J’adore, R448.

by Anonymousreply 450November 16, 2018 5:39 AM

R449 yeah they will send him off. Next commercial they will show him on a hospital bed flat lining.

by Anonymousreply 451November 16, 2018 9:56 AM

That little Verizon troll is now appearing on the Food Network in one of their promos...he needs to go

by Anonymousreply 452November 16, 2018 10:27 AM

The Honey Bunches of Oats commercial with the female worker singing a song about the cereal. I cringe the second a note comes out of her mouth and the lyrics sound like they were written by a slow adult. "Honey bunches for your breakfast, lunch and brunches...".

by Anonymousreply 453November 16, 2018 12:33 PM

And then something about "in your bags and in your totes"--just to rhyme with HBOOats, talk about a forced rhyme.

by Anonymousreply 454November 16, 2018 1:13 PM

That anti vaping commercial with the puppets sitting around the livingroom trying to debate the virtues of vaping and everytime someone attempts to make a point a large air horn drowns it out. I know it's based on SJW not letting trolls like Milo speak in public forms but now it seems it's acceptable that you can't even have an unpopular opinion in a private setting.

by Anonymousreply 455November 16, 2018 1:49 PM

That obnoxious gnome (I refuse to believe he's a kid) on the Fios commercials

by Anonymousreply 456November 16, 2018 2:05 PM

What the fuck is Tea Leoni doing in that godawful commercial where she is lurking around the woman packing up for a move? It looks like she dropped in to the wrong set. How much $$$ could she possibly need to do this shit? She looks miserable in it too.

by Anonymousreply 457November 20, 2018 8:16 PM

All of them, I swear it is like they people who create these commercials are completely unaware that we all have remotes with mute buttons on them.

by Anonymousreply 458November 20, 2018 9:05 PM

The Men’s Wearhouse commercials with the bespectacled, statue-still shop bottom who says with a smug look on his face and a tailor’s tape measure draped over his shoulders, “You’re gonna love the way you look” while standing at a 45° angle away from the camera.

That guy just bugs me. Plus, that stuffy corporate culture is very alienating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459November 22, 2018 5:49 AM

I don’t understand baby bear even having underwear on the floor. None of them bear family even wear clothes in those TP commercials!!

by Anonymousreply 460November 22, 2018 6:29 AM

So your lawyer waited until he could collect a third of your late fees too R429?

by Anonymousreply 461November 22, 2018 6:37 AM

R453 R454 Hell yes!

And that fucking commercial that starts with the princess toast! I want to knock those bitches into the middle of next week!

by Anonymousreply 462November 22, 2018 6:40 AM

[quote]So your lawyer waited until he could collect a third of your late fees too [R429]?

Heck yeah, he did. And he was entitled to every nickel of it.

by Anonymousreply 463November 22, 2018 4:59 PM

The Asian dance troupe Shen Yun is appearing in my area again and the TV runs commercials for them incessantly. Who would even pay to see them - every dance is the same. The females are given some long scarf or flag or colorful banner and they spin spin spin so the stage is filled with color and movement. The men leap up high and do a lot of ninja moves. I don't need to see so much spinning, and the ads are monotonous.

by Anonymousreply 464November 26, 2018 7:39 PM

Cars for Christmas presents. What a ridiculous idea.

by Anonymousreply 465November 26, 2018 8:08 PM

Statefarm with the ugly agent and his lookalike robot ugh

by Anonymousreply 466November 26, 2018 8:16 PM

OMG, how I LOATHE Sergeant Baker and his stupid hot water heater!

by Anonymousreply 467November 27, 2018 12:15 AM

I hate that Humira commercial, which contains a hissing sound effect that's 3x louder than the rest of the commercial, so it sounds like something inside your house is about to explode. They did that on purpose so you'd look up from whatever you were doing to see if the sound came from the TV. I've even had to rewind the commercial to make sure the sound wasn't coming from inside my house. Ad tricks like this should be illegal.

by Anonymousreply 468November 27, 2018 1:13 AM

r464, I'm not seeing them on TV, but I am seeing them at the beginning of almost every video I play on Youtube lately.

Their commercials are damn long too.

by Anonymousreply 469November 27, 2018 1:45 AM

Kelly Rippa screaming in bad Italian makes me want to rupture both eardrums.

by Anonymousreply 470November 27, 2018 3:12 AM

I mute that one when it comes on, R470. Her exaggerated Italian enunciation is revolting.

I’m sick of that Muse (?) song that plays on the Mazda ads. “Now and forever”, sings a tenor, his voice then rising to emotional heights as he delays his highest note, hanging on to the penultimate note after the chord has changed. String arrangement, saturated reverb. Hate it. Maybe the band is Phoenix, I don’t know.

by Anonymousreply 471November 27, 2018 3:30 AM

This is the Mazda commercial. The band is M83. People LOVE this song on YouTube. This new iteration of the commercial (it’s been airing for a year) now features a male model whom I always see in American Giant hoodie ads on Instagram. He’s a gigantic Australian with a permanently angry face in all his fashion modeling shoots. I don’t like him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472November 27, 2018 3:33 AM

[quote] Cars for Christmas presents. What a ridiculous idea

Right? Everybody gets cars for their birthday!

by Anonymousreply 473November 27, 2018 4:14 AM

I don’t understand the beer commercial where a Mexican guy picks up a beer with BBQ tongs while everyone looks at him

by Anonymousreply 474November 27, 2018 4:15 AM

The new Best Buy commercials where everything is in black & white except their blue polo. The lighting and desaturation makes them look like CGI robots.

by Anonymousreply 475November 27, 2018 7:19 AM

Kellogg's Raisin Bran with Bananas.

Smug daughter, referring to father's yellow jacket: "Wow. That's an aggressive yellow."

Ape-like father: "Pretty great, huh?"

Smug daughter: "If you're a banana."

Ape-like father: "I find it very... appealing." Father proceeds to eat like an ape, because it's all about bananas in Raisin Bran. "Done a good job... RAISIN 'YA."

by Anonymousreply 476November 27, 2018 3:49 PM

The "Car for Christmas" commercial I hate most was from a few years ago.

A yuppie husband waxes petulant over the model luxury car his wife has given him until he looks out the window of their neo-Bauhaus abode..and behold! There sits the German engineered embodiment of all his aspirations! Life is complete!

Wrapped in oversized ribbon bow...

by Anonymousreply 477November 27, 2018 4:59 PM

R464 That Shen Yun is over 2 hours long with a with a 10 or 15 minute intermission.

by Anonymousreply 478November 27, 2018 5:26 PM

[quote][R464] That Shen Yun is over 2 hours long with a with a 10 or 15 minute intermission.

That's what the commercial seems like, too. Except there's no intermission.

by Anonymousreply 479November 27, 2018 7:47 PM

The Grammarly crap on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 480November 27, 2018 7:49 PM

What about that truck commercial where the husband buys two trucks and the wife likes the truck he picked for himself — it looks like they’re standing in front of an office building in an indisutrial Park

by Anonymousreply 481November 27, 2018 7:54 PM

Can you feel it Can you feel it Can you feel it

by Anonymousreply 482November 27, 2018 9:18 PM

Shrieks: R annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd R

by Anonymousreply 483November 28, 2018 1:32 PM

Well my favorite Christmas commercial from last year is back again this year.

Husband buys wife SUV for Christmas. She gets in it notices there are already miles on the odometer. She questions him about this. We see through flashbacks that he did indeed personally drive the SUV from LA? to wherever in the snowy mountains they live. He's acts dumbfounded.

Lady, he bought you a FUCKING CAR!!!! A CAR!!!! Why are you questioning if he drove it a little bit already. You should be down on your fucking knees giving him a blowjob for this gift.

Fuck that cunt!

by Anonymousreply 484November 28, 2018 1:41 PM

Hulu with its commercials is brutal. They rotate through the same 5 or so. Currently hating the guy who buys his wife and himself big trucks for Christmas (yeah right) and she picks out the truck *he*wanted for himself.

Also loathe the HP (??) or whatever laptop/chrome book thing that is, where the millennial “entrepreneurs” say couldn’t live without their computer and it has all the best features to make their busy lives easier.

by Anonymousreply 485November 28, 2018 1:50 PM

^ Adding to my post, thanks to R134’s mutual dislike, they are the Microsoft Surface Go ads. Link below.

Lol R124, I snorted with laughter reading your post. These are all hilarious(ly bad).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486November 28, 2018 2:18 PM

The commercial for the movie "Welcome to Marwen" -- looks like dumb, saccharine shite that starts sad but builds to a heartwarming feel-good finish. Gag. Steve Carrell as a CGI figure... ::pokes own eyes out::

by Anonymousreply 487December 7, 2018 2:44 AM

The eczema medication commercial with the woman practically scratching the skin off her body is truly disgusting and I have eczema. I forgot the name of the medication because I can't watch the commercial for a second.

by Anonymousreply 488December 7, 2018 3:58 AM

He's been mentioned in similar threads, but the PC Matic guy seriously creeps me out. His eyes are so close together that he's almost a cyclops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489December 7, 2018 4:08 AM

^That guy should have his own thread.

by Anonymousreply 490December 7, 2018 4:17 AM

Spectrum commercials with Ellen doing voiceover. She sounds miserable.

by Anonymousreply 491December 7, 2018 5:16 AM

It is so jarring to the senses to hear only ten or fifteen seconds of a song shoved down your throat before moving on to the next thing. Like that Oreo commerical where the kid is trying to look at stars and suddenly there's that "Oh whoa whoa whoa whoa" soundtrack. Not to mention the HIDEOUS Edith Piaf wailing in French on the Dove chocolate commercials.

Commercials with a musical soundtrack used to be a lot longer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492December 7, 2018 4:09 PM

Annoying as Flo may be, the Tom Pritchard guy who is becoming like his father is really great. That could turn into a sitcom gig like Jim Parsons got after doing a gum commercial.

by Anonymousreply 493December 7, 2018 7:52 PM

I dunno if it's Volvo in general or the Volvo dealers of Southern California, but that fucking Queen of the Night aria from The Magic Flute has goddamn GOT to stop. I swear to Christ, I am NEVER buying another Volvo.

by Anonymousreply 494December 7, 2018 7:56 PM

How is anyone supposed to figure out what commercial you're talking about R493? No product is named and who the fuck is Tom Pritchard? If this is a local ad, maybe mention that so the rest of us aren't confused.

by Anonymousreply 495December 7, 2018 7:56 PM

Flo is pretty well known for Progressive insurance -- and Tom Pritchard is the character name. I'm sure it's a national ad.

by Anonymousreply 496December 7, 2018 8:21 PM

The Estée Lauder at Macy’s voiceover has some of the most egregious vocal fry I’ve ever heard. And then there’s the pronunciation of Beautiful Belle, which comes out as Beautiful Bal with a variety of crackles and a drawn-out LLLLLL at the end. If I hadn’t seen a magazine ad I never would have known the twit was saying “belle.”

Further, what the fuck is marzipan musk supposed to be?

by Anonymousreply 497December 7, 2018 8:24 PM

My bad - I don't pay close enough attention to Progressive ads that I've picked up that there's a character named Tom Pritchard.

by Anonymousreply 498December 7, 2018 8:28 PM

An insurance ad in California -- Blue Shield or Anthem. An impatient lady berates people for worrying about medical bills. She might be someone who I am supposed to recognize, but her impatience really puzzles me. Also, it may be that she is really a ghost.

by Anonymousreply 499December 7, 2018 8:35 PM

Bounty paper towels, will someone slap that little cunt pirate. If I was that father. I'll would of kick her in the vagina if she'd stab my asshole like that.

by Anonymousreply 500December 14, 2018 6:14 AM

Can't stand "turn to the nerds"

by Anonymousreply 501December 14, 2018 6:14 AM

every god damned one of them....

by Anonymousreply 502December 14, 2018 6:53 AM

Love the hot daddy doing the Capitol One commercials now

by Anonymousreply 503December 14, 2018 11:40 AM

The one where the frau and her spawn decide to annoy a family by blaring the stereo on their minivan and doing some kind of dance to a holiday song. I keep hoping that the couple will get a shotgun.

by Anonymousreply 504December 14, 2018 12:13 PM

Sashay Shantay Pussy on the runway

by Anonymousreply 505December 16, 2018 10:53 PM

Thank you, r470. I searched for this thread specifically to post that. Horrible!

by Anonymousreply 506December 19, 2018 4:02 AM

I HATE the NY area Cool Spa commercial with the female announcer WHO HAS A FUCKING LISP!

Cool Thpa.....seriously

by Anonymousreply 507December 19, 2018 4:19 AM

I can't stand the theatrical arm-swinging on that little Shriners brat who's being groomed to take over for Alec. He rolls along singing I'll Be Home for Christmas swinging his arms like Marilyn Monroe at the end of Happy Birthday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508December 19, 2018 5:52 AM

There's a special ring of Hell for ad copywriters. The Verizon "Do you want to pay for things you don't want?" series with that excreable nerd from Silicon Valley is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 509December 19, 2018 6:11 AM

But Alec is pushing 40, r508. How much longer can he be the face of Shriners hospital for CHILDREN?

by Anonymousreply 510December 19, 2018 6:19 AM

Pubescent Alec may have a DUI or two and he may chain-smoke Lucky Strikes and hide a flask of Everclear under his Love to the Rescue blanket, but this new one is a 63-year-old Deplorable state rep-used car salesman with a few bodies buried under his bocce court.

At least Alec can go to rehab.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511December 19, 2018 7:04 AM

R464 They're actually inviting people into a cult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512December 19, 2018 7:09 AM

The Progressive "Get your own insurance" commercials telling people to stop acting like babies and get off their parents' insurance. I'm not even a millennial and I'm offended by this condescending commercial. If I were a millennial, I would be like Fuck You, Progressive!

by Anonymousreply 513December 19, 2018 7:44 AM

R512, that link is to a Chinese government website, not the most reliable source of information about Falun Gong. What China is doing to persecute them and Muslims is outrageous.

by Anonymousreply 514December 19, 2018 8:41 AM

Don't hate them, but I wonder who at Nissan thought it was a good idea to hire that nerdy flamer to be their spokesperson

by Anonymousreply 515December 19, 2018 12:57 PM

^^ Who? r515 The tall bearded guy? Think he be fine!

by Anonymousreply 516December 19, 2018 1:04 PM

Nordstrom's ad for Christmas, with I think a Dean Martin song in the background, just the refrain I think: Go, go, go, go, go...…..(sung by typical 60's background singers). Annoying and then it almost runs back to back on some channels. Why? All of the Christmas ads are annoying, but this one has me reaching for the remote.

by Anonymousreply 517December 19, 2018 5:05 PM

The new Grammys commercial and that radio ad with the woman representing an ED pill company sounding like she's on a porn set. Doing what's supposed to be her "sexy voice", going ummm and how not everyone can afford her(the ED pill) until now because she has now jumped into a generic form.

by Anonymousreply 518December 19, 2018 5:37 PM

".....so what does the dishwasher DO?"

by Anonymousreply 519December 19, 2018 5:46 PM

r519, that little bitch needs to go play in traffic with that other little cunt from that older commercial who said "What's a computer?" to her neighbor.

I hate snotty, smart ass kids.

by Anonymousreply 520December 20, 2018 1:33 AM

This damn commercial for 'final expense' insurance. Terrible actors and they show it all the damn time on the old folks channels (Antenna, Game Show Network, MeTV)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521December 20, 2018 9:13 AM

Why is Mrs. Betty Bowers, the brilliant Deven Green doing the voiceover for some shitty non-union commercial I saw on Hallmark for some medical device? Wouldn't she be in SAG-AFTRA by now, or is she a FiCore SCAB!??

by Anonymousreply 522December 21, 2018 5:58 AM

The commercial with the "PC Matic Band" singing about Meemaw and Peepaw needing PC Matic to protect them from Nigerian scammers and ransomware.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523December 21, 2018 6:06 AM

[quote]I dunno if it's Volvo in general or the Volvo dealers of Southern California, but that fucking Queen of the Night aria from The Magic Flute has goddamn GOT to stop. I swear to Christ, I am NEVER buying another Volvo.

Oh, my God, I am so done with that commercial! MSNBC plays it every. Damn. Break. That puny-voiced soprano they're using in the ad wouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of the Queen of the Night role.

by Anonymousreply 524December 21, 2018 6:25 AM

She's maybe a step or two up from Florence Foster Jenkins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525December 21, 2018 6:28 AM

OMG, R125, I am peeing myself laughing! I can just imagine the good Ms. Foster Jenkins being driven to Carnegie Hall in her Volvo station wagon while screeching out the Queen of the Night through the open passenger window.

by Anonymousreply 526December 21, 2018 10:13 PM

R344 So stupid. Now they changed it with a little girl rapping. Shoot me now.

by Anonymousreply 527December 21, 2018 10:47 PM

The lady in the current Honey Bunches of Oats commercial is getting on my last nerve. They aired a bloopers version with her blowing the lines of the song, but it disappeared after a very brief run. It was terribly unfunny and she was unbearably cutesy during the whole thing.

She is no Flo!

by Anonymousreply 528December 22, 2018 2:03 AM

The Target commercials using that old Perry Como song, “Round and Round.” Dear god that woman’s voice, the stupid song.... and it has nothing to do with Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 529December 22, 2018 2:45 AM

It's amazing that I just realized everyone on DL is over 40 y/o fairies who still has to watch TV. Rich ones still don't know how to use Hulu and the poor ones still don't know what VPN and torrent are...

by Anonymousreply 530December 22, 2018 2:54 AM

I hate the many, many commercials on CNN about people that owed a lot of taxes and were “living in fear.” Between that and all the dental implant commercials (“My front teeth just snapped off”), watching has become an exercise in anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 531December 22, 2018 3:56 AM

That life alert commercial with a "true story" alert at the beginning, with Gammaw at the bottom of the steps crying for help, someone, anyone! If they really want to sell their service, Mom should be half-eaten by rats when her slightly detached daughter shows up for a check-in visit.

by Anonymousreply 532December 23, 2018 1:31 AM

R530, watch something online other than Hulu or Netflix online (such as any of the network or cable channels) and you'll sing a different tune. I see most of these ads on Bravo or MSNBC streaming.

by Anonymousreply 533December 23, 2018 1:48 AM

I have that execrable Sephora song stuck in my head. Until today, because I never looked up at the screen, I just assumed I was hearing a Drag Race commercial.

Fa la la la la la la la, aw-haw you gnawww

Fa la la la la la la la, oh yeah les gawww

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534December 23, 2018 2:57 AM

That horrible, HORRIBLE "start the car" ad is back yet again from Ikea. I would love to see that shrieking cunt die in a meatball fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 535December 24, 2018 8:36 PM

That series of execrable ads for Papa Murphy's Pizza, with the loser husband and the baby-voiced frau. The absolute WORST of the lot is the one where she's wearing a pizza onesie. "We were sepawated at biiiiirthhhh..."

by Anonymousreply 536December 24, 2018 8:51 PM

Don't hate them, but I have to chuckle at the timing of the Chevy Friends and Family ads. "My mom works for Chevy.." Uh, probably not for much longer!

by Anonymousreply 537December 24, 2018 10:15 PM

The Microsoft ad showing a bunch of hyped up neighborhood kids all screaming "he's gonna do it!" and running into the house of a kid in a wheelchair and with despicable teeth. The disabled kid does something on his video game and all the tween kids cheer. They never show what the kid does do all their excitement has no payoff for the viewer. Secondly, I would be chasing all those loud pests out of my house.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538December 24, 2018 11:45 PM

Didn't read the whole thread but I just saw that commercial for some constipation medication (Lyness or something like that) where people walk around celebrating their newfound ability to shit with a fist pump with a booming sound effect. Fucking gross.

by Anonymousreply 539December 25, 2018 12:38 AM

This politically correct ad for a Toronto college. Miss “Great attitude” with her pearls makes me wish I had bought one of those foam bricks to throw at the tv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540December 25, 2018 2:19 AM

Who is the infantile-sounding female singer on every other commercial? I can't think of one right now, but she's ubiquitous.

by Anonymousreply 541December 25, 2018 2:21 AM

R532, that commercial is terrifying. Back in the 80s it was goofy, but now it's like a horror movie.

by Anonymousreply 542December 25, 2018 2:23 AM

I saw one today where a mom coaxed her depressed daughter out of her room by slipping a mini Hershey's chocolate bar under her door.

by Anonymousreply 543December 25, 2018 2:26 AM

Here’s one, r541.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544December 25, 2018 2:37 AM

Ross Commercial With That Fuckin brat screaming at the end when she got stuff horse

by Anonymousreply 545December 25, 2018 7:16 AM

The ads for the upcoming movie with Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston - nothing funnier than a small black man bathing a 60-ish white guy. This looks as bad at that horrible "Welcome to Marwen" movie. I know this is based on a bit French film... still looks like crap.

by Anonymousreply 546December 25, 2018 10:25 AM

R538, "Okay, you kids OUT! It's time for Jimmy to get his diaper changed."

by Anonymousreply 547December 25, 2018 10:59 AM

I agree R538. I find that commercial disturbing on so many levels. Why is that creepy kid in a wheelchair if he gets up and dances around with his misshapen arms in the air? Also is the implication that his parents got him this elaborate entertainment system just to bribe the neighborhood kids to be his friends? Where were the focus groups that saw this during development? So bad.

by Anonymousreply 548December 25, 2018 11:12 AM

[quote]Ross Commercial With That Fuckin brat screaming at the end when she got stuff horse

There are probably 20 million commercials out there and a little girl getting excited over a stuffed unicorn for Christmas is where you draw the line? Makes me feel sad for you.

by Anonymousreply 549December 25, 2018 10:30 PM

I wouldn't buy a Chevy on a bet, but that little black kid who says, "My dad works for Chevy" is so cute I can't stand it!

by Anonymousreply 550December 25, 2018 10:38 PM

Here's the Capital One ad someone mentioned. The spokesman is named Jeremy Brandt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551December 25, 2018 11:08 PM

That chevy car ad with Gwen Stafani singing. Hate her voice.

by Anonymousreply 552December 25, 2018 11:11 PM

R551 I believe he’s also the pitchman for the America Freight Rail ads. He’s yummy.

by Anonymousreply 553December 26, 2018 5:37 AM

R530. What kind of fairy are you, pumpkin? Which privacy vpn do you use - and which one have you found Hulu allows you to use without blocking content?

by Anonymousreply 554December 26, 2018 5:39 AM

My Pillow. Ads are on just about every channel. .Switched off one channel, and within 5 minutes, ad is on new channel. Cannot stand him, even before I knew he was fucking Trumpster. He has to be a fraud, right? Anyone who has to let everyone know hey I'm a great Christian seems to then have a huge scandal come out later (he has to have his cross medallion showing right in the neck opening of his blue shirt).

by Anonymousreply 555December 27, 2018 5:47 PM

I have a feeling the My Pillow Guy is going to be the next Supreme Court Pick if Ruth Bader Ginsburg should die during Trump's term.

by Anonymousreply 556December 27, 2018 5:51 PM

[quote]The commercial with the "PC Matic Band" singing about Meemaw and Peepaw needing PC Matic to protect them from Nigerian scammers and ransomware.

R523, maybe I'm feeling a bit desperate because of the holidays, but a couple of the guys in that video, including the lead singer of the band, are borderline cute

by Anonymousreply 557December 27, 2018 6:56 PM

The Big O Tires commercial, with the noisy jello mold that sounds like a guy jackin' it; one of those too-obvious, "this'll grab their attention!" ads:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558December 28, 2018 3:39 AM

Ads where women at home open up bottles of floor cleaner or air freshener and instantly become drugged/possessed to dance like stupid maniacs all around the kitchen or living room—or else break out in hysterical glee and games of paintball with their kids and they suddenly trash the walls and floor with mess and stains.

by Anonymousreply 559December 28, 2018 3:54 AM

Dear Heavenly Father in the Celestial Kingdom, r558!

by Anonymousreply 560December 28, 2018 4:08 AM

Much hatred for the State Farm "Will you stay with me if" series, with the Frau agent saying no to karate chops. I particularly hate the ditz at the end that exclaims "Not my fault!" when the window falls out of the wrecked SUV.

by Anonymousreply 561December 28, 2018 6:02 AM

During a Coors beer commercial, it came to me for the millionth time how silly it is that no one ever sips from the can/bottle. The actors all stand around smiling and happy at the BBQ or tailgate party, holding the product (always full bottles) and never drink. Who made that dumb rule?

by Anonymousreply 562December 28, 2018 5:25 PM

Whoever signed off on the Whole Foods commercials should be fired. The customers all come off as unhinged psychos.

by Anonymousreply 563December 29, 2018 4:50 PM

I absolutely loathe the Little Caesar thin crust pizza commercial with that fat couple who slam their faces down on the dining room table looking for the crust: "Pepperoni, pepperoni, pepperoni, cheese, cheese, cheese, crust... found it!" Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 564December 29, 2018 6:28 PM

I really really want to punch the Diet Coke girl. "Because I can!" BAM!

by Anonymousreply 565December 30, 2018 9:10 PM

This is for folks in NYC who watch WNYW-Fox 5: Sick of the commercial showing the local anchorpeople strolling in their jeans and sneakers, just being plain old folks, and interacting with the commoners. I don't believe Ernie Anastos is that social on the street, and Rosanna (news) and Nick (sports) and Mike (weather), etc. are all smiles when confronted by people. And that wailing dog of a theme song... "everywhere I go oh oh, I'm still NY".

by Anonymousreply 566January 3, 2019 7:30 PM

How many years has that awful "I want yooouuuuu... to show meeee the waaayyy" commercial with the stop motion father and son been airing now?

by Anonymousreply 567January 3, 2019 9:23 PM

Oh my god. Thank you (I guess?) to the person who posted that song by “Roarke”—that is the epitome of that AWFUL, trendy singing that all the young, non-rap female singers are doing nowadays. It started with, I believe, Lorde and Ellie Goulding (?), who were themselves copying the singing style of someone else who was inspired by Chan Marshall (Cat Power)’s tendency to sing every word as if there were an ‘R’ sound going through the whole word... The copycats just expanded it so that ALL the vowel sounds were distorted, and the timbre—instead of being deep and rich and satisfying like Chan Marshall’s—became little-girlish.

What the FUCK is with every young female singer copying that sound now? Do they really think that’s what singing is? Or do they think it makes them stand out? Because it really doesn’t make them stand out among their peers, as they ALL fuckin sing that way now.

by Anonymousreply 568January 4, 2019 10:21 AM

It's the musical equivalent of vocal fry.

by Anonymousreply 569January 4, 2019 1:19 PM

We're into 2019 and I STILL hate that troll on the Fios commercials

by Anonymousreply 570January 4, 2019 6:32 PM

You're too kind (I think),R568. I deserve nothing less than a roaring grease fire for even posting that. But since we're here...

Roarke is responsible for the University of Phoenix [italic]If I Only Had a Brain[/italic] monstrosity, but if you watch the video at R544 from 1:25 to 1:40 it far surpasses anything in the commercial; the teeth, the tongue, the closed eyes, the orange-peel skin, the way she turns to the camera to deliver her big line, not to mention the SOUND. It's just horrific.

And then there's this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571January 4, 2019 8:59 PM

I thought the commercials for that CBS show "The Neighborhood" were bad, but this new show with Gary Cole looks like a(nother) unfunny disaster. I liked Gary Cole in Veep, but he doesn't have the demeanor for network sitcom - he looks stiff and uncomfortable in the commercials. Maybe it's just for the paycheck.

by Anonymousreply 572January 4, 2019 9:07 PM

Oh my fucking God, R571.

by Anonymousreply 573January 4, 2019 9:23 PM

R573 was too kind.

by Anonymousreply 574January 5, 2019 1:29 AM

R523 I’ve worked in forensics and computer security for 30 years. I’ve never heard of PC Matic until those distubingly creepy ads started.

by Anonymousreply 575January 5, 2019 3:34 AM

That cover of Nirvana by Roarke is one of the most laughable vocal performances I’ve ever heard. And that’s to say nothing of the maudlin piano reimagining of the song.

Seriously, Rebecca Black’s “Friday” is more dignified.

by Anonymousreply 576January 5, 2019 3:52 AM

I’m going to look up her U of Phoenix song next. I’ve never seen that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 577January 5, 2019 3:54 AM

You’re going to love it, r577; especially the crackly, croaky “raised against the grain” part when she somehow manages to sound exactly like Velcro being ripped apart.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578January 5, 2019 4:12 AM

YES, r578! That spoken “raised against the grain” was the first phrase that jumped out at me as being particularly insufferable. She is just altogether too precious.

The upside: she isn’t catching on. Her YouTube account only has one video, and her Instagram account has only 326 followers. I guess the world only can take so many Ellie Gouldings and Ariana Grandes and Phoebe Bridgerses.

But please enjoy a new tune from her Instagram, linked below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579January 5, 2019 4:29 AM

The most disappointing thing is that her cover of [italic]Creep[/italic] has disappeared from the internet. But I’m sure you can imagine it well enough.

by Anonymousreply 580January 5, 2019 4:37 AM

Oh yes, I certainly can, r580.

by Anonymousreply 581January 5, 2019 4:43 AM

Just saw one for Purple mattress - a father shows up to his son's house after being MIA for 20 years. He's back because he heard that his son has a new mattress. The son is in shock as the father dismisses his absence and goes to the son's bedroom and gets into his bed. It's played for comedy, but I think the premise is really messed up.

by Anonymousreply 582January 17, 2019 3:54 PM

Even though it's 2019, I still loathe this Propel credit card commercial with the couple dancing on the bed to that Danger Twins song trying not to wake their baby:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583January 21, 2019 6:29 PM

That fucking exercise machine. I refuse to learn the name of it. I literally turn off the tv when it comes on. I hardly watch any network tv but when I do (usually a 24/7 news channel) that fucking commercial comes on.

by Anonymousreply 584January 21, 2019 6:37 PM

This aural abomination from Cricket wireless. WTF is that thing supposed to be anyway? A dust bunny?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585January 22, 2019 5:42 AM

The truck ad where different people speak the words to the song "I'm a little bit country/I'm a little bit rock and roll". It goes on too long and the song is ear poison.

by Anonymousreply 586February 2, 2019 3:04 PM

Turn to the nerds.

by Anonymousreply 587February 2, 2019 3:09 PM

Free. Free free free. Free free-free free.

FREE!!! Free free free!

by Anonymousreply 588February 5, 2019 3:08 AM

The smarmy eye rolling daughter in the credit checking commercial. While this little bitch is trying to read a book while laying on her ass, her mother has the unmitigated gall to make her a smoothie. Then when daughter dearest is trying to get her yoga on, that damned mother is vacuuming the carpet so her princess shouldn't have to lift a finger. She tries to get a nap in after all of the non-working she has done that day, but her fun loving energetic Mom is playing the drums with some real enthusiasm. Yeah, I can just imagine this precious one fending for herself out in the real world. She better hope that Mom lets her keep her lazy ass in that house.

by Anonymousreply 589February 5, 2019 3:22 AM

I was just about to add this wretched commercial to the list, r589. I'm on the mother's side on this one. That daughter better have a good credit report, since she freeloading in her mother's house. Plus, the entire commercial just drips with awful vocal fry from those ungrateful daughters.

by Anonymousreply 590February 5, 2019 6:09 PM

The my pillow ads suck. I hate the one where he talks to the couple in the bathroom mirror and demonstrates the posture to the dude wearing pajamas. It would be great if he got hard right in front of the wife.

by Anonymousreply 591February 5, 2019 6:17 PM

Holy shit, those Zulily ads that run CONSTANTLY on MSNBC are going to make me homicidal if I have to put up with them much longer. The “this toy oven/it’s genius” one is unbearable. I cannot stand the way that actress looks at her toddler in the high chair and says “It’s genius...”. I know it’s supposed to be funny, but it’s not. If I encountered someone in real life like that woman, I would have to leave the building. To have her thrust in my face dozens of times every day is torture.

P.S. Is there a “Commercials You’re Hating In 2019” thread yet?

by Anonymousreply 592February 9, 2019 7:16 PM

So, that's why I posted the "Free Free Free" whine here. I hate that commercial, and couldn't find anywhere else to hate on it.

by Anonymousreply 593February 9, 2019 7:33 PM

Since we're only 8 away from filling up this thread, I started a new one for 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594February 9, 2019 10:01 PM

Why do are there so many commercials with children that have speech impediments doing most talking, that is the last thing I want to hear?

by Anonymousreply 595March 21, 2019 1:34 AM

This one makes me want to set my TV on fire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596March 21, 2019 1:45 AM

the i found birth control with no hormones one with the dancing and singing bitches and i think some guys as well....who the fuck thought that was a good idea?? it's horrific.

by Anonymousreply 597March 21, 2019 6:54 PM

[quote]Why do are there so many commercials with children that have speech impediments doing most talking, that is the last thing I want to hear?

Wow. Irony.

by Anonymousreply 598March 21, 2019 7:37 PM

Gaten Matarrazzo on those Fios commercials makes me want to smash the TV.

by Anonymousreply 599March 21, 2019 9:13 PM

Peepee

by Anonymousreply 600March 21, 2019 9:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!