Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Commercials you're hating in 2019

As requested - continuation of the 2018 thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600December 6, 2019 8:40 AM

The DNA test commercial (Ancestry.com?) where the lady screams, “I thought I married an Italian!” Her and her husband seem ashamed when they find out through the DNA test that he’s really Eastern European. That commercial creeps me out so bad.

by Anonymousreply 1February 9, 2019 10:08 PM

FIVE NINETY NINE, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

by Anonymousreply 2February 9, 2019 10:47 PM

r1, My biggest problem with that commercial is near the end when the husband picks up the picture of his ancestor and says "yes, he looks a little like me." NO idiot! He came first, you look like him, not the other way around.

Damn Millennials are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 3February 10, 2019 12:18 PM

The one where the hag in the grocery store invades the personal space of a younger female shopper in the produce department to the point of inhaling her hair and telling her she smells like her dead husband. Step off, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 4February 10, 2019 2:49 PM

I started off hating it, but the commercial with Progressive's Flo attending a big party at her co-worker Jamie's house is making me laugh. It is so outrageous to have him living in a huge McMansion with a gorgeous wife and several blond happy kids and he can sing like Gomer Pyle as he strums his guitar.

"She is so tiny, like a little child."

"Flo" is showing up as one of the wife's friends on "The Goldberg's."

by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2019 1:22 AM

I’ve been hating these TD Ameritrade commercials since 2018, that feature this smarmy, over the hill, bearded hipster douche.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2019 1:41 AM

I hate the Rexulti commercial where the "Good Works Kitchen" volunteers have their long hair hanging down while they're handling food. "They're getting a free lunch. Fuck 'em if they can't take a little hair."

Also, the main frau has one of those weird flat faces with vast expanses of lifeless skin, giving the appearance of an artist's rendition of what an unidentified murder victim looked like in life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2019 6:23 AM

"On an island called Paradishe at a plashe callt AT-LANT-ish!"

by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2019 7:01 AM

Local for NYers -- the WCBS ads that feature an annoying Country-Western sounding jingle that demand viewers to "listen to Lonnie" for the weather. Then it shows weatherman Lonnie Quinn staring at screens, scribbling on pads, talking to underlings like a busy bee and we better "listen" to his forecast or else. I hate how they conflate the importance of the weatherman, who all he does is get his info from the National Weather Service and relays it to viewers, but they make it sound like Lonnie is the only man who gets the right info. And he never looks humble.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2019 9:09 PM

Is he at least cute and gay r9?

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2019 12:40 AM

That Asian woman in that Discovery Card Cash Back commercial annoys the FUCK out of me. "I'm getting my moneeey!" Somebody smack her!

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2019 12:46 AM

The new Dior ad with Natalie Portman. Terrible in every way, and it uses that horrific Sia song "Chandelier" which makes me want to throw something through the TV.

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2019 2:25 AM

Judge for yourself R10

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2019 3:35 AM

That Duke's Mayonnaise commercial with that PBS bitch, Vivian-something-or-other.

I cringe whenever it comes on and can't change the channel fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2019 4:03 AM

I just watched the WCBS weatherman ad linked by R13 and I fuckin' LOVE it! If that catchy song were released as a single, I'd buy it.

by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2019 6:47 PM

"I'm 65 and take medications." Congratufuckinlations. Are you taking something for that freakish alien head?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2019 8:17 PM

Poshmark with the grimacing ugly long hair blonde saying she made bank

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2019 8:25 PM

The Match.com commercial with the girl named Courtney. The vocal fry and hipster porkpie hat annoy me no end. "I like nice guys - come fiiiiiiiiiiiiiind meeeeeeeeee". Needy much?

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2019 8:30 PM

The sound of this kid's voice makes me want to kick a puppy. I hate this commercial. A lot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2019 8:31 PM

God yes R11, that one. I want to kick her in the crotch.

by Anonymousreply 20February 12, 2019 8:31 PM

I hated those Shriner's hospital ones, but thanks to a thread here about them they make me laugh. Every time I see the little blond wheelchair kid I think of Eve Harrington. The new cute cripple kid on the block.

by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2019 8:34 PM

Oh, I hate those douchey TD Ameritrade commercials. When the revolution comes and we eat the rich, those guys are first on the list.

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2019 8:34 PM

Maddie and her mom in the hershey’s Miniatures ad.

by Anonymousreply 23February 12, 2019 9:21 PM

r13, well he has a little girl but I didn't see a frau anywhere around, however, he does wear a wedding ring.

Maybe he's gay married? I have no clue.

He is cute though, especially for a 55 year old.

by Anonymousreply 24February 12, 2019 11:41 PM

The Luke Wilson toothpaste commercial is beyond annoying and he’s not that good looking to have all those extreme close-ups.

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2019 12:20 AM

Any commercial for a Rebel Wilson movie that involves a scene with her tripping and falling. Unfortunately, she has a movie coming out soon and we are being bombarded with the TV ads with just this scene. The heavy person stumbling and falling has never been that funny but they keep throwing it in movies.

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2019 5:36 PM

The ones with bi-racial couples laughing in slow-motion during breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2019 6:00 PM

On the "love" side, I have major hots for the guy in glasses with the full Jewish mouth who does the "Nope" to all things traffic as he drives backwards and gets a Lyft. Hot guy, good actor.

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2019 7:22 PM

R25,. I must say I love the choices the delivery guy makes at the end when Luke tells him there's no such thing as too close. "Yes, there is..." and then that little sighed "Okaaay..." He could get a sitcom out of this ad like Jim Parsons did.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2019 7:23 PM

I think it's a paper towel commercial (Bounty) where someone spills or drops food in slow motion with a long "nooooooooo." OMFG I have to mute the fucking thing, it annoys me the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2019 7:30 PM

R30 I just can't stand that pirate demon child. I like to back hand that little cunt if she'd stab me in the ass. Can't change the channel fast enough

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2019 7:44 PM

There's a current one for Activia which shows close-ups of women's bellies, with the implication that if you eat the product, you get will get nice abs. I noticed that in a lot of yogurt commercials - eat their stuff and you become slim and athletic. Even Activia, whose real selling point is that it will keep you regular but they put emphasis on outward physical appearance, not your doody schedule. Even these foreign Activia ads follow the "get thin!" story line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 13, 2019 8:04 PM

This belongs in the Shriners thread but I hate the insidious sliding-in of Kaleb while Alec became a mere dot on the horizon in our rearview mirrors. I was old enough and aware enough to know that I was being groomed by dark forces, but what could I do?

By the time they dropped the bomb and audaciously exposed what they had done to us by showing Alec rolling up to Kaleb and grunting, "hey kid, come with me and help me look for my lost puppy.....I'll give you $5 and a pack of Camels" while winking at Kaleb's mother, my will to resist had been broken.

It's official: the kind is dead, long live the king!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 13, 2019 8:07 PM

All the Nulasta commercials ....they all have the dog, the nice back yard, nice patio furniture, caring spouse, long gaze at trees....

by Anonymousreply 34February 13, 2019 8:47 PM

Those stupid AT&T ones with the voiceover going “JUST OKRRR IS NOT OKAAYYY”

ugh

That and that chase commercial with that terrible Havana song. I’d rather hear Mambo #5 on an infinite loops forever than that fucking song again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2019 8:54 PM

R30 hasn’t had a tv for 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2019 11:35 PM

Pepsi is not OKrrrrrrrr!

by Anonymousreply 37February 14, 2019 12:14 AM

The snack chip one with the Backstreet Boys and some rapper with no personality. I saw it during SNL and thought it was one of their parodies. Are they so hard up for money they need to shill chips?

by Anonymousreply 38February 14, 2019 12:23 AM

I want to stab Cardi B in the eyes, rip of her wig, and stuff it up her twat.

by Anonymousreply 39February 14, 2019 12:24 AM

This is a radio ad, but really unparalleled in its 2002 faux-ghetto horribleness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 14, 2019 12:26 AM

This Dish Network ad with the horrible southern frau and her mascot bulldog

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 14, 2019 12:28 AM

Juvederm w Big Freedia's "Karaoke".

Absolutely vile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 14, 2019 12:31 AM

The Truvada commercial that throws in a black woman along with the gay and transgender spokesmodels just because black women have high HIV rates, even though you know black women IRL aren't taking it!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 14, 2019 12:34 AM

The antivaping commercials with puppets, especially the fog horn one.

by Anonymousreply 44February 14, 2019 3:15 AM

That Chick Fil A one where that frau-cunt (Jenna or something) declares that her favorite part of the chicken club sandwich is the TOASTED BUN. Really? The bun? And something about how if you bite slowly, you can LITERALLY taste every layer of the sandwich. HATE. IT.

by Anonymousreply 45February 14, 2019 3:31 AM

If I see that little fag Alex from Shriners I'm on my screen one more time! Hes gonna be in the hospital!

by Anonymousreply 46February 14, 2019 3:33 AM

The one with the kid who asks, 'What does the dishwasher do?' after she says her mom prewashes the dishes.

She annoys the crap out of me.

by Anonymousreply 47February 14, 2019 3:41 AM

The Progressive commercial that shows an adult acting like a baby and then says “Grow up! Get your own damn insurance!” Way to be condescending and talk down to your audience!

by Anonymousreply 48February 14, 2019 3:45 AM

Eva Longoria pronouncing "Hy a la ron ic Acid" in the L'Oreal commercial.

by Anonymousreply 49February 14, 2019 6:32 PM

There's a Geoffrey Fieger Law commercial that plays around the clock in the Detroit area. "Not Giving Innnnnn...." is the song that is played and it's annoying AF. Fieger looks creepy and the commercials are a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 50February 14, 2019 7:26 PM

That 7-Up commercial with Geoffrey Holder.

by Anonymousreply 51February 14, 2019 7:39 PM

The Indeed job site background music makes me want to stick a knife in my ears.

by Anonymousreply 52February 14, 2019 7:40 PM

I can't stand the kid asking "what does the dishwasher do" either.

by Anonymousreply 53February 14, 2019 7:51 PM

Ha, R42, I used to hate that commercial, too. Then a few months ago, my sister's dog died, and that cat-hating person started bonding with my cat. Now, whenever she comes out here from Houston for a visit, the first thing she does is look for my cat, and they do this dance together to that Juvederm/Big Freedia song: "MinkaMinkaMinkaMinka Minka cat/MinkaMinkaMinkaMinka Minka cat." Over and over. It's kind of cute, actually. So that commercial has grown on me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 14, 2019 8:55 PM

It's a radio ad (don't know if it's on TV too), but the goddamn Jennifer Garner Capital One ad. "Hello, Ms. Garner, this is your wake up call." "Oh, thank you...but while I have you on the phone," Bitch, no!! I'm not staying on the fucking phone to hear you talk about the benefits of Capital One. I have a REAL job and other guests. She seems like the type to actually do that. She grates on me to no end.

by Anonymousreply 55February 14, 2019 9:10 PM

Aw r54, I had a Minka puss too!

by Anonymousreply 56February 14, 2019 9:28 PM

On my internet cable provider there are commercials for the show Black-ish that are sponsored by milk. Which seems so wrong, the whitest substance promoting a show called Black-ish, coffee I can imagine, but milk?

by Anonymousreply 57February 14, 2019 10:34 PM

The new Geico spot with the pig in the car squealing "Whee, wee, WHEEE!" all the way home is so annoying I have to mute that shit. I'm talking Kars 4 Kids annoying!

by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2019 2:49 AM

r58, sadly there's nothing new about that commercial.

But you're right about it being super annoying.

by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2019 3:27 AM

EVERY goddam Liberty Mutual commercial all shot in front of a phony Statue of Liberty backdrop especially the witness protection ones..."Hi Mr Landry!" Fuck you Mr. Landry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2019 3:44 AM

R47 I tease my partner with that commercial because he does the something too. I want to make that a ringtone for him

by Anonymousreply 61February 15, 2019 4:37 AM

Minka is gorgeous, R54.

by Anonymousreply 62February 15, 2019 6:47 AM

Ok, the Stella Artrois commercials with Carrie and the Dude forgoing their usual alcoholic drinks for the beer are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 63February 15, 2019 4:45 PM

Crocodiles crawling around outside the "real" people (not actors) in the Chevy commercial is maybe the stupidest thing I have ever seen on TV.

by Anonymousreply 64February 15, 2019 11:53 PM

"What does the dishwasher do?"

Well, sweetie, let's see, can you fit inside it? Let's take the drawer out...now try....

by Anonymousreply 65February 16, 2019 12:44 AM

[quote]Crocodiles crawling around outside the "real" people (not actors) in the Chevy commercial is maybe the stupidest thing I have ever seen on TV.

Oh dear God, yes!

by Anonymousreply 66February 19, 2019 8:22 PM

The Bernie for President ads have already begun...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67February 19, 2019 8:53 PM

That stupid Pizza Hut that uses, "Baby Got Back". I hate it all- the bulgy eyes, the Oh Ma Ga, the crossed eyes and the hip flick. ARGH.

by Anonymousreply 68February 19, 2019 10:18 PM

Not sure which crap restaurant it is, but the one with the original Dion recording of "Runaround Sue" - what does a song by a lovelorn guy warning other guys about a slut who can’t be trusted have to do with takeout food?

by Anonymousreply 69February 19, 2019 10:27 PM

Big fat Mimi and her milquetoast brother, in that JUUL commercial that looks like it was filmed in a cheap motel. Mimi: "I'm a pain! I'm a 'little sister!'" Mimi also inflicts her vocal fry and dismissive tone upon her viewers who, despite what she assumes, don't find her cute or delightful.

by Anonymousreply 70February 20, 2019 3:14 PM

ALL of the Farmer's Only commercials. All of them. Trumpkins in love. Shoot them now.

by Anonymousreply 71February 20, 2019 3:18 PM

Those seriously stupid dumbasses on every goddamn SONIC commercial. I used to like their food but would never patronize them again.

by Anonymousreply 72February 20, 2019 3:20 PM

The crocodiles are "real' too. they should eat the people who make the fucking commercial.

by Anonymousreply 73February 20, 2019 3:32 PM

PURPLE BRICK. ‘Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 74February 20, 2019 5:56 PM

Exactly WHY do the Discover card commercials feature "twins" talking to each other on the phone? It's so annoyingly nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 75February 20, 2019 6:02 PM

That annoying woman who shows off her pee absorbing underwear.

by Anonymousreply 76February 20, 2019 6:46 PM

Bad enough I have to endure being "attaqued" by Shaq in almost every other commercial, but now they have added his Shakespearean prowess to a "General Insurance" commercial and he can't even get the quote right.

Is there anyone in the civilized world who can't quote: "To be or not to be, that is the question."

Why, yes there is and it is on full display as Shaq acts out the quote. Unfortunately, he says:

"To be or not to be.......THEREFORE..." Before they cut him off.

by Anonymousreply 77February 21, 2019 10:39 AM

The one where the computer generated fuzzy things go "Hi-eeeeee" then go "Bye-eeeeeee".

by Anonymousreply 78February 21, 2019 11:03 AM

This one for Classico pasta sauce, airing here in Canada, I think it's a couple of years old but it's been in heavy rotation lately. Hip-hop grannies - how original!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 21, 2019 1:35 PM

Liberty Mutual--the fucking theme song, all of it. And those car insurance commercials featuring Oscar winner and money whore what's-his-name, who also showed his ass on OZ.

by Anonymousreply 80February 21, 2019 1:43 PM

The singing insurance thing at the piano. And btw, now that Geico is too cheap to make new commercials, are all those actors now getting residuals again? They'd fucking better be.

by Anonymousreply 81February 21, 2019 2:43 PM

I hate Marie Osmond in Nutri System!

by Anonymousreply 82February 21, 2019 9:25 PM

The cottage cheese commercial from Daisy.

by Anonymousreply 83February 22, 2019 12:04 AM

Wells Fargo "My New Favorite Thing I Think I'm in Love" Propel card commercial with the pizza delivery to the pool that cuts to the dancing couple in headphones that knock over a lamp and fear they've awakened their infant.

by Anonymousreply 84February 22, 2019 12:15 AM

That fucking Venus commercial for women's shavers where they have a bunch of really ugly deformed and tatooed women shaving their pits and their arms. Freedom to be you! I need to avert my eyes before the one with the spotted skin starts shaving her pits.

by Anonymousreply 85February 22, 2019 12:18 AM

Awww, thanks, R62. She's a shameless flirt, never met a stranger. I'm happy to have her in my life.

by Anonymousreply 86February 22, 2019 4:10 AM

Jesus Lord, that horrific commercial for some eczema prescription drug, where all the random objects in life suddenly sprout itchy worms, maggots, and I don't know what all else because I change the channel the second it comes on.

I get the creepy crawlies just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 87February 22, 2019 4:17 AM

Some of you list commercials you’ve either made up or haven’t seen in years. Dumb bastards.

by Anonymousreply 88February 22, 2019 4:04 PM

I hate cable commercials. Now that you pay each station to get it thru your cable they rarely play "commercials", they run promos for their own shows. Try watching a show on Logo and you get the same god damn RuPaul DragRace promo every six minutes

by Anonymousreply 89February 22, 2019 4:10 PM

R89 the rupaul commercial where the one queen says “go back to party city where you belong”. And then some gargantuan black queen says “get your nuts out of my face!”.

by Anonymousreply 90February 22, 2019 4:14 PM

I'm old enough to remember cable being sold as commercial-free, since you paid for it every month.

by Anonymousreply 91February 22, 2019 5:09 PM

PAN PAN PAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!

by Anonymousreply 92February 22, 2019 5:49 PM

The pizza commercial where the man and woman slam their faces down on the table to see the thin crust of the pizza.

Eww.

by Anonymousreply 93February 23, 2019 3:11 AM

Oh my god, that new Pepsi commercial with that tarted up chick (no idea who the fuck it is, I'm old) saying "OKRRRRRRRRRRR" instead of "okay".

UGH, so fucking annoying I just want to smack the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 94February 24, 2019 5:30 PM

All car commercials.

by Anonymousreply 95February 24, 2019 5:30 PM

The one where the women are all having panic attacks depicted as huge metal plates coming out of their bodies. Seriously? Showing the woman sobbing in her car? Gawd. Grow up. We don't need to have all your issues shoved in our faces. I'm eating.

Has the word dignity become a hate crime?

by Anonymousreply 96February 24, 2019 5:39 PM

The Depends commercial with the guy that looks way too much like Jerry Sandusky to me. Also, he is such a large guy I picture him just filling that ugly grey diaper up with a gallon of piss while he is out hiking with his family. There is also a spot they are showing for Ari Melber's show with Donnie Deustch laughing hysterically at Ari quoting some rap lyric. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 97February 24, 2019 5:43 PM

That couple in the Geico gecko yard sale ad. "If it's in the yard--it's for sale."

Like that's even a thing? Get the fuck off my property!

by Anonymousreply 98February 24, 2019 10:43 PM

The kitty litter "stink face" spot. Makes me want to drown the woman with the face AND the cat.

by Anonymousreply 99February 26, 2019 2:26 PM

Who's the fat lady in the booth in the new Pepsi commercial with Cardi B.?

by Anonymousreply 100February 27, 2019 3:38 PM

Can't stand that dignity health where they are doing a football game and having some small kid running down the field . I'm like "tackle that stupid kid".

by Anonymousreply 101March 2, 2019 7:38 AM

Just saw a commercial for something called Hempvana Hands which are finger-less compression gloves "infused with cannabis sativa hemp", that are supposed to help people with hand issues like arthritis and carpal tunnel. Really?

by Anonymousreply 102March 14, 2019 1:13 AM

Nailed it!! The ad for go-gurt where the fat frau mom congratulates herself by sticking a frozen stick of yogurt in her spawn's lunch. Nailed It!! I would like to take a nail gun to her head.

I really really really want to punch the Arby's guy in the face. And then punch him some more.

The Real Real ad with a model who manages to be both fug and smug. You are not the second coming of Evangelista, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 103March 14, 2019 2:05 AM

The Joe Namath home health aides.

by Anonymousreply 104March 14, 2019 2:08 AM

The Ford commercial where the mob is carrying the back lift gates with a pop song in the background.

by Anonymousreply 105March 14, 2019 2:12 AM

The Arbys guy! He's the voice of Archer and Bobs Burgers. Even thought he looks terrible in real life, I still love his voice

by Anonymousreply 106March 14, 2019 2:22 AM

On the "love" side, I adore that Seth Rogan clone in the AT&T commercials, especially the one where he says, "Oh, that's not awesome at all." I say that all the time now.

by Anonymousreply 107March 14, 2019 2:22 AM

OKRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

That fucking pepsi commercial makes me want to fucking punch that cunt out.

by Anonymousreply 108March 14, 2019 3:10 AM

Oookie

by Anonymousreply 109March 14, 2019 3:20 PM

That one where the one girl is telling the other how she rented all these different hotel rooms, and her friend is wondering how she did it, and the first one, hereafter referred to as Smug Bitch, practically rolls her eyes and answers like a valley girl, instead of just telling her friend about the app she used. I hope she is flying on one of those tainted Boeings on her trip.

by Anonymousreply 110March 14, 2019 11:38 PM

LOL that's actress Anna Kendrick r110, she's fairly well known outside of commercials.

by Anonymousreply 111March 21, 2019 1:38 AM

She had the same effect on me when we went INTO THE WOODS.

by Anonymousreply 112March 21, 2019 1:41 AM

Those horrible, pretentious car ads with Matthew McConaghey . The worst.

by Anonymousreply 113March 21, 2019 2:10 AM

That plaque psoriasis medication commercial where the woman gets out of bed and brushes a pile of flaked skin from her blue bottom sheet. Gag!

I feel for those plagued with this skin disease and others, but do we have to see that shit?

by Anonymousreply 114March 21, 2019 2:54 AM

I agree R114 -- but how else would we have learned that Cyndy Lauper suffered from the heartbreak of psoriasis? I don't know her well enough, do you?

by Anonymousreply 115March 21, 2019 3:31 AM

R78 that yellow fur ball with the hiiiii! hiiiiii! byyyyeeeee!s is my most hated commercial too! It's for Cricket wireless. I messaged them saying that I would not even consider purchasing their services for at least five years after they cease and desist running those ads and strongly recommended firing the advertising team that came up with it.

by Anonymousreply 116March 21, 2019 6:06 AM

The one Matthew McConaughey ad r113 they are running now where he is holding court at a dinner party with the blond extra nervously saying "whattttttt?" and then everyone watching him play pool by himself from their position in the hallway,as if they are in the presence of greatness to him walking to the car with a haunted/doped-up look on his face is especially annoying and down right bizarre. Normally I wouldn't scrutinize an ad to the extent I have this one but they seem to show it every ten minutes on MSNBC which is about the only channel I watch anymore.

I also hate the commercial for some drug were they have the actors sitting on toilets having trouble taking a shit. grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 117March 21, 2019 11:54 AM

Are these guys lovers? Anyway the skinny guy is hawt. These are showing repeatedly in NYC area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 21, 2019 1:03 PM

The singing Progressive box "Live From The Star-Lite Lounge" ad. It is fucking shit.

by Anonymousreply 119March 21, 2019 3:37 PM

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't think that Matthew McConaughey is handsome? His face looks kind of flat, as if it's been squashed. He reminds me of someone who's had plastic surgery after his face was disfigured, but it hasn't quite worked.

by Anonymousreply 120March 21, 2019 5:02 PM

He’s ugly

by Anonymousreply 121March 21, 2019 5:03 PM

The commercial with the little black girl rapping. Her voice is annoying and I don't understand a word she is saying

The commercial with the silly women singing and dancing in the street about birth control with no hormones.

by Anonymousreply 122March 21, 2019 5:12 PM

I can’t stand him.

by Anonymousreply 123March 21, 2019 5:12 PM

R120: He was very handsome in his prime (A Time to Kill era). He has not aged well and yes, his face does look lopsided and car commercials are lame.

by Anonymousreply 124March 21, 2019 5:14 PM

Very local ad for a psychic reader. Vanessa is advertising on News12 Brooklyn channel. She looks like Monica Lewinsky with a face full of makeup, gaudy rings and long garish nails. She's shown sitting on an ornate, gold trimmed chair while examining her clients palm with a magnifying glass. First, she must be making a good amount if she can advertise on TV, but I resent her gypping fools.

by Anonymousreply 125March 21, 2019 5:37 PM

That awful webiyanycar.com commercial with dancers in business suits.

by Anonymousreply 126March 21, 2019 7:17 PM

R113, R117 I hate that Matthew McConaughey commercial for Lincoln. He is too cool for school. That shtick is boring, immature, and he is so unworthy of being cool. My question is who would buy a Lincoln because of seeing him acting aloof in a commercial. I have never met a man who liked him or a women who got wet from him.

by Anonymousreply 127March 21, 2019 7:37 PM

He'a also the RUDEST man to ever hold a dinner party! Who leaves their guests talking at the table like that to go off and shoot pool in the garage or basement or wherever that is? Who then gets in his car and leaves his house entirely leaving his poor put upon wife to entertain the guest while he is absent, off on his own psychedelic trip or what not?

Simply atrocious manners.

by Anonymousreply 128March 21, 2019 7:54 PM

Drug commercials with fat people. Mainly diabetes drugs. The message is obviously take our drug and you can keep stuffing your face.

by Anonymousreply 129March 21, 2019 8:15 PM

Another vote for the real real. Is ezra miller in a dress supposed to make women want to buy it?

by Anonymousreply 130March 21, 2019 11:12 PM

R127, Barbara Walters was swooning about Matthew McConaughey on "The View" several years ago. Not sure how far her dementia had progressed by then.

by Anonymousreply 131March 22, 2019 12:06 AM

The weird thing about the McConaughey dinner party ad, besides his doped up look, is that there are no other cars at the party!

by Anonymousreply 132March 22, 2019 12:15 AM

The tooth implant ads, featuring people who are "ashamed" about their missing teeth, "afraid" to smile, and generally too distraught to live. My favorite is the obstetrician who can't beam at the new babies he delivers and their ecstatic parents because he has to hide his imperfect smile behind his mask! Try as I might, it's impossible to summon too much sympathy for these shallow vain people who suffer this "disability" -- there are people who can't walk, you big crybabies!

by Anonymousreply 133March 22, 2019 12:38 AM

They are all hostages.If the camera were to pull back a bit you would see the men with the guns. That is why the woman so nervously says 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵? and they all cower in the hallway to watch him play pool.....they are forced to. It's actually a David Lynch nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 134March 22, 2019 12:38 AM

The PSA one with the little kid who asks his dad "Do we have a gun?" Airs endlessly, sometimes multiple times in a row, when watching various channels via SlingTV.

by Anonymousreply 135March 22, 2019 12:49 AM

Cottonelle and its "Care Down There" ad is all kinds of gross. The voice-over spins the story of a couple going on vacation and the woman getting a bikini wax for the occasion, then turns it into her picking the right kind of TP that will make sure she's squeaky clean. While this audio is going, it shows a peach in a tiny beach chair - a hand holding some TP wipes the peach and shows all of the "sand" that came off on the TP.

by Anonymousreply 136March 22, 2019 3:30 PM

R132 excellent observation !

by Anonymousreply 137March 22, 2019 3:43 PM

Nah, not so great, R137.

Any real host of a dinner party would have their guests’ cars valeted away from theirs. Need we show you the proper DL etiquette for a dinner party again??

by Anonymousreply 138March 22, 2019 8:04 PM

During Project Runway, they were advertising some app called Earnin, where you can get advances to your paycheck, as I understand. Each person was shown being down to empty pockets (not managing their money properly?) and 99% of the people shown to be using the app were POC. It makes me feel a ways...

by Anonymousreply 139March 22, 2019 9:08 PM

Any Nationwide commercial with Peyton Manning and Brad Paisley. They're painfully unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 140March 22, 2019 9:53 PM

The online casino one where the "real customers" all look like ex felons living in a trailer park. Which they probably are. The shot in a box and send it in the mail one, Coloshart or something. Poor mailman.

by Anonymousreply 141March 22, 2019 10:03 PM

shit^ R141

by Anonymousreply 142March 22, 2019 10:03 PM

This should cheer you up, R141. (BTW, I really like "Coloshart.")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 22, 2019 11:55 PM

The Charmin commercial where the mom and dad bears refuse to pick up their son's underwear even though none of them wear clothes.

by Anonymousreply 144March 22, 2019 11:59 PM

That adult diapers commercial was shown only in Japan! And I was in full Kabuki makeup the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 145March 23, 2019 12:47 AM

May be local - a dental place advertising they specialize in implants. They show the happy dentists talking in the office and patients signing in for appointments, then they drop the news that procedures start at only... $16,000! This ad is set up like those meds where they list the serious side effects with some peppy music playing in the background - ignore the bad stuff and just listen to the happy music. Sure, everyone has that kind of $ just laying around for teeth, and a lot of insurance plans don't cover implants. You can get a car for a lot less than $16K.

by Anonymousreply 146March 28, 2019 3:29 PM

Full mouth restoration at that place is $40, 000.00

by Anonymousreply 147March 28, 2019 3:51 PM

I like Jeff bridges and SJP but hate the commercial for Stella Atttwa. The production is terrible and a blind man can see they are not even in the same room.

by Anonymousreply 148March 28, 2019 3:52 PM

Another late night ad for "California Psychics", usually runs on MeTV. It features a black dude in some park who says, "I've always had a passion for fitness - and she saw me owning my own yoga studio!" This ad has been running for at least three years, if not longer, and every time I see it I want to scream, "Is that YOGA STUDIO open yet??!!"

by Anonymousreply 149March 28, 2019 4:14 PM

That car commercial that shows a woman in a meeting talking to her cunt of a daughter on the phone and her boss is asking what's wrong and she said her little bitch left her cello in the car. Boss should of said "fucked that, we already paid for this room, that little cunt got to wait" who in the fuck will forget their cello for school?

by Anonymousreply 150March 29, 2019 3:50 AM

This commercial makes me want to kill someone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 29, 2019 4:03 AM

Hate: any commercial now using "Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey goodbye!" in the ad.

Love: The use of Jerry Reed's "East Bound and Down." Whatta great truckin' song. Surprised it took this long to use it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152March 29, 2019 4:20 AM

That “here we come” jaguar commercial almost never airs once. The exact same commercial is played right after the first one finishes. Tonight, there were 3 of the same jaguar commercials in a row

by Anonymousreply 153March 29, 2019 4:53 AM

[quote] I like Jeff bridges and SJP but hate the commercial for Stella Atttwa

Oh, dear. It's Stella Artois

by Anonymousreply 154March 29, 2019 5:04 AM

[quote]Oh, dear. It's Stella Artois

No shit. It's how Bridges' character pronounces it.

by Anonymousreply 155March 29, 2019 12:13 PM

I hate the anti vaping commercials with the puppets, especially the one with the air horn.

by Anonymousreply 156March 29, 2019 12:46 PM

Close talker Luke Wilson now has a new ad where he is crunching ice in a theatre. Apparently, Luke (or the ad agent who created this shit) lives in a world full of nasty assholes because now, in addition to the scowly women and ugly Asian boss in his office ad, he now has a nasty black guy scowling at him in the theatre. It's a hostile world in the eyes of Colgate.

by Anonymousreply 157March 29, 2019 6:35 PM

"My mom washes the dishes BEFORE she puts them in the...." ****BANG!!!****

by Anonymousreply 158March 29, 2019 10:38 PM

Hopefully the gunshot was to the future Frau and not you, R158.

by Anonymousreply 159March 29, 2019 10:58 PM

Those anti vape commercials with the puppets! Immediately change channel.

by Anonymousreply 160March 29, 2019 11:01 PM

R160, you’re the second person that’s mentioned that. Does anyone have a link? I don’t think I’ve ever seen them. Now I HAVE to so I can see what this is all about.

by Anonymousreply 161March 29, 2019 11:23 PM

Funny, R159 - but definitely to her and not me! That fucker comes on about TWO HUNDRED TIMES a fucking DAY!

by Anonymousreply 162March 29, 2019 11:32 PM

R158 my partner does exactly that. I even try set it up as a ringtone on his phone lol

by Anonymousreply 163March 30, 2019 12:21 PM

[quote] I even try set it up as a ringtone on his phone lol

R163, please come sit by me.

by Anonymousreply 164March 30, 2019 12:53 PM

I’d like to jam that brat INSIDE the dishwasher and hit run. Triple hot scalding rinse cycle, please. No air dry.

by Anonymousreply 165March 30, 2019 1:16 PM

Anything with Flo, that Progressive Insurance harpy, and anything with Jan, that Toyota harpy.

by Anonymousreply 166March 30, 2019 1:23 PM

i hate the progressive insurance ads. flo and that red headed guy who tries to sing. it is mind numbing and awful.

by Anonymousreply 167March 30, 2019 1:25 PM

I had to look up the puppet ads that have been mentioned. Not as awful as I was expecting. I don't love them but they don't bug me that much either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 30, 2019 2:10 PM

Thank you, R168.

I must’ve tuned them out, because I have seen them but they didn’t make much of an impact.

by Anonymousreply 169March 30, 2019 2:20 PM

This is a truly horrible ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 30, 2019 2:24 PM

The new ones with Flo as the faux sitcom maid -- "I'm not the maid!" -- are really funny, I must admit. But I'm still leaving Progressive.

by Anonymousreply 171March 30, 2019 4:51 PM

Call JG Wentworth....

by Anonymousreply 172March 30, 2019 5:00 PM

R161, that fucking anti-vape commercial came on just moments before I typed this. Ugh. Hate it so much.

by Anonymousreply 173March 30, 2019 5:01 PM

R173, do NOT look at r168!

You may break something.

by Anonymousreply 174March 30, 2019 5:03 PM

Actually, they BOTH came on back-to-back... that one linked above, and the air-horn one.

by Anonymousreply 175March 30, 2019 5:06 PM

877_cars-for -kids

by Anonymousreply 176March 30, 2019 5:24 PM

Here's the air horn (actually boat horn) commercial. Very annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 30, 2019 8:41 PM

Progressive's ads are funnier than almost every other continuing campaign.

R167, you poor thing, it's not his voice.

by Anonymousreply 178March 30, 2019 8:43 PM

Agreed on Progressive and they are getting better. The "You're not my dad!" teen kid is great (and cute as a bonus). Bet he'll go on to some bigger stuff.

by Anonymousreply 179March 31, 2019 2:40 AM

I have found Flo and crew amusing for years. The one with her "sister" blasting her quads on the exercise bike is a favorite. The non-Flo lounge-singing policy is a flop however.

by Anonymousreply 180March 31, 2019 2:46 AM

I know that whenever I get a square inch of dark chocolate, I am always careful to bite off just the smallest edge and then sit back with my eyes closed and savor that little pinch of heaven in my mouth. I then put away the rest of the wafer for later use. (I never swallow it whole like I was taught to engulf the Communion wafer from my childhood Catholic days..."Swallow it, don't chew on it!" the priest would order with authority and I would.)

The "unlikely" friendship between Martha Stewart and Snoop (Doggy) Dog is just the cutest, most twee thing in the world. Now they have added Celine singing "Titanic" to the mix and it sends a warm sensation rushing throughout my body and stops just short of projectile vomit issuing from my mouth. Gag me....blindfold me too while you're at it!

Big shout out to the "PIE!!!" waitress. Makes me laugh everytime she sends that kitchen worker scrambling. ("That's what it takes, baby.")

by Anonymousreply 181March 31, 2019 9:19 PM

[quote] I was taught to engulf the Communion wafer from my childhood Catholic days..."Swallow it, don't chew on it!" the priest would order with authority and I would.)

He wasn’t talking about the wafer.

by Anonymousreply 182March 31, 2019 9:35 PM

What are you talking about, r181?

by Anonymousreply 183March 31, 2019 9:35 PM

Liberty, Liberty, Liberty, Liberty Liberty. All of them.

by Anonymousreply 184March 31, 2019 9:45 PM

That one with Tom Selleck about reverse mortgages. He used to be so hot back in the '80's.

by Anonymousreply 185March 31, 2019 9:47 PM

Now he wants to steal your water

by Anonymousreply 186April 1, 2019 2:21 AM

I hate the carvana advert that tells me I can "relax in my puffy pants." What the hell are puffy pants?

by Anonymousreply 187April 1, 2019 3:09 AM

The Jergens commercials with Leslie Mann and her daughter are borderline creepy. There, I said it.

by Anonymousreply 188April 1, 2019 3:18 AM

When the Marie Osmond commercial comes on my boyfriend always talks along with it. I LOST FIFTY FIVE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED EIGHTY EIGHT POUNDS WITH MARIE OSMOND. And so on.

by Anonymousreply 189April 1, 2019 3:43 AM

I'm always down for miss Marie giving me the 411 about that stubborn belly fat! 😁

by Anonymousreply 190April 1, 2019 3:53 AM

That one with the Smothers Brothers talking about constipation. Hate it. Not funny.

by Anonymousreply 191April 1, 2019 11:55 AM

Aamco commercial where people making sounds to describe the problem of their car. So annoying

by Anonymousreply 192April 2, 2019 3:09 PM

Idk, r192, I seem to remember the mechanic being good looking in that.

by Anonymousreply 193April 2, 2019 3:32 PM

There is one now for a law firm wanting to know if you have gotten Gangrene of the Genitals after you have taken some drug so they can sue the drug maker. That just sends shivers up my spine.

by Anonymousreply 194April 5, 2019 1:32 AM

The endless series of Papa Murphy's Pizza commercials, starring that stupid, loopy, unfunny couple. The man is a non-entity, and the woman has the most annoying baby voice I've ever heard.

by Anonymousreply 195April 5, 2019 2:19 AM

The frontier commercial with that guitar singer. Annoying

by Anonymousreply 196April 5, 2019 4:19 AM

R60, r80, r184, Liberty Mutual has heavily played its commercials touting “accident forgiveness” in the greater Los Angeles market for the past few months. But the small print at the ends of these commercials says that “accident forgiveness” is not available in California. What the fuck!!! It should be illegal for them to pull these shenanigans. It’s false advertising or something. Where’s the state Insurance Commissioner when you need him?!

by Anonymousreply 197April 5, 2019 4:34 AM

The ubiquitous Shen Yun ads, with the ridiculous over-the-top testimonials.

by Anonymousreply 198April 5, 2019 4:37 AM

[quote]I'm always down for miss Marie giving me the 411 about that stubborn belly fat! 😁

This reminded me of Narda the Lipozene Lady, THE shitty-diet-product pitchwoman circa 2008.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199April 5, 2019 4:52 AM

That "My Pillow" guy is making me start to believe that homicide may not be such a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 200April 5, 2019 5:00 AM

Any Geico commercial that has ever aired, with the exceptions of the talking pothole and "Hump Day".

by Anonymousreply 201April 5, 2019 5:04 AM

I'm sometimes home during the day and it seems like whenever I have the television on, this one commercial ALWAYS airs at some point. Not sure what is worse - the actual jingle itself, the singing or the entire concept (no pun intended).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202April 5, 2019 5:09 AM

ChoiceHotels' "Badda Book, Badda Boom!"

Patrick Warburton for National Car Rental - especially the ones where he and a Muppet attached to his luggage laugh uproariously for no reason at all.

Coventry Direct - "We sold our policy."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 5, 2019 5:14 AM

The Mazda "Feel Alive" with that goddamned song by M83 nearly killed me.

"Now and forever - I'm your king!" [italic]Ugh.[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204April 5, 2019 5:21 AM

The guy in the Trivago commercials is tres creepy.

by Anonymousreply 205April 5, 2019 5:28 AM

Speaking of commercial songs that become mindworms, there was that 2011 Visa commercial with Morgan Freeman and 'Tuesday Afternoon' by the Moody Blues.

I heard that son-of-a-bitch even in my sleep - I couldn't get it out of my head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 5, 2019 5:30 AM

R170, at first I hated it too. But then it grew on me, perhaps with the dawning realization that Karlos Klaumannsmoller is family. The way he dances is funny.

by Anonymousreply 207April 5, 2019 5:34 AM

R204, I love that song. I heard it first as the opening theme of the show "Versailles" and it grabbed me. I downloaded it and looked up the lyrics. Whenever it comes on, I sing that part... "now and forever, I'm your Kiiiiiinnning". You have to hear the whole thing - it's majestic. When you hear it while looking at the palace of Versailles, it fits.

by Anonymousreply 208April 5, 2019 6:05 AM

R208, it rubs my anti-monarchistic predisposition the wrong way. [italic]Nobody[/italic] is my king.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209April 5, 2019 6:27 AM

I'm normally not particularly fond of the Progressive "Flo" commercials (they need to come up with a new mascot at this point), the new one done as a mock sitcom opening, where they keep mistaking her for the maid cracks me up, I think because it annoys her so much: "I'm not the maid!". It always makes me chuckle.

by Anonymousreply 210April 5, 2019 2:13 PM

The McDonald's commercial with the middle aged AA woman walking down the street with a bag of burgers and a self-satisfied smirk on her face. People who pass her see the McD bag and suddenly are inspired to get their own bag full of burgers. The voice-over hints that she's bringing the food back for her boss and boy, will he be appreciative. This is grounds for a raise or a promotion!

by Anonymousreply 211April 5, 2019 7:30 PM

If you ever wonder why people are such shitty drivers, the answer is in the fucking car commercials.

by Anonymousreply 212April 5, 2019 7:43 PM

I hate Jamie in the progressive commercials

by Anonymousreply 213April 5, 2019 8:45 PM

The Levi’s commercial with the diverse group of *cool* people hanging out in some...pop-up high school dance?? with the music that sounds like, “Pa Wep Pa Pa, Pa Wep Pa Pa”...and two old people start dancing in the center of this multi-culti fakeness...it is on ALL THE TIME and it makes me want to hurl.

by Anonymousreply 214April 5, 2019 11:38 PM

The flaming hot Doritos commercial with Chance The Rapper "rapping" in a grating monotone that makes me want to claw my ears out, but then he's fronting Backstreet boys? Whuh? He tries to mimic their dance moves, only proving that even now, the Backstreet Boys have ten times the talent this doofus has. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 215April 5, 2019 11:44 PM

[quote]Liberty Mutual--the fucking theme song, all of it. And those car insurance commercials featuring Oscar winner and money whore what's-his-name, who also showed his ass on OZ.

Huh? Chris Meloni? From OZ and L&O: SVU? He's NEVER won an Oscar let alone an EMMY.

I've been seeing the guy who played Puddy on 'Seinfeld' in some recent car oriented commercials, he's never won an Oscar either.

What are some of you smoking? Especially listing old commercials, the ones with the talking pig squealing in the car, is not a new TV commercial, it's been running for years.

by Anonymousreply 216April 5, 2019 11:59 PM

[quote]Especially listing old commercials, the ones with the talking pig squealing in the car, is not a new TV commercial, it's been running for years.

It ran years ago. It hasn’t been running for years. Geico recently brought it back as part of their “best of” series, so it’s been re-airing all over the place.

by Anonymousreply 217April 6, 2019 12:07 AM

[quote]It ran years ago. It hasn’t been running for years. Geico recently brought it back as part of their “best of” series, so it’s been re-airing all over the place.

Wrong, it ran years ago, for about two years.I realize Geico recently brought it back, as well as the caveman ad. A friend works for the ad agency which created some of the Geico ads.

WTF is wrong with some of the DL posters, you're all so fucking ANAL. What a bunch of control freak prisspots!

by Anonymousreply 218April 6, 2019 12:13 AM

[quote]Wrong, it ran years ago, for about two years.I realize Geico recently brought it back,

So what was “wrong” twat? That was exactly what was said.

You may need to up the dosage on your meds or do what the doctor said and take all three pills. You’re a little too invested in a thread about annoying commercials.

by Anonymousreply 219April 6, 2019 12:18 AM

Len the Plumber

by Anonymousreply 220April 6, 2019 12:56 AM

R216 I think he's referring to J. K. Simmons on the Farmer's commercials.

by Anonymousreply 221April 6, 2019 2:30 AM

The motherfucker @R219 who is arguing about the squealing pig commercial and telling a poster they're way too invested in this thread, has already posted 12-13 times.

by Anonymousreply 222April 6, 2019 8:38 AM

[quote]The motherfucker @R219 who is arguing about the squealing pig commercial and telling a poster they're way too invested in this thread, has already posted 12-13 times.

Yup. That’s called being in a discussion. That’s what a discussion board is for. Here’s something that your tiny brain may be able to get around: without people posting, the discussion stops. What I didn’t do is wig out and post this:

[quote]WTF is wrong with some of the DL posters, you're all so fucking ANAL. What a bunch of control freak prisspots!

You did.

by Anonymousreply 223April 6, 2019 11:27 AM

Kit Kat ad - with Reverse song by Missy Elliott. What is that trying to tell me? I can eat the damned candy any way I want? I could always and still can eat anything the way I want.

Liberty, Liberty, Liberty - shoot me, shoot me, shoot me.

My Pillow - the my pillow guy is shady as fuck. Thought so before I knew he was so far up Cheeto's ass.

Progressive - Flo and Jamie can both die in a grease fire.

Whatever dishwashing detergent has the annoying child saying 'what does the dishwasher do?'. Honey, we rarely used the dishwasher when I was a kid, as mom thought it used too much water. Yeah, dad got it for her as a Christmas present, had it installed and she hardly used it. I washed the dishes every day. So rinsing off dishes and putting in a dishwasher is not a big fucking deal, you annoying little girl .

by Anonymousreply 224April 7, 2019 3:53 PM

Just shove that little brat into the dishwasher, high heat, and she’ll have her answer.

by Anonymousreply 225April 7, 2019 3:58 PM

[quote]My Pillow - the my pillow guy is shady as fuck. Thought so before I knew he was so far up Cheeto's ass.

That pillow creep's voice sounds like he's swallowed a bucket of Agent Orange's shit! What a fucking annoying voice!

by Anonymousreply 226April 7, 2019 9:00 PM

R224, fun fact, dishwashers use a lot less water than hand-washing dishes.

by Anonymousreply 227April 7, 2019 9:09 PM

No one else hates that Chance-The-Rapper Doritos ad with his obnoxious caterwauling followed by the mysterious inclusion of the backstreet boys?

by Anonymousreply 228April 7, 2019 9:09 PM

What's that horrible ad with women dancing on the street singing about a hormone free birth control method? Can that ad be any more excruciating.

For the men, there's an equally moronic TV ad about getting surgery for their Peyronie's bent dick disorder. Now that ad is being shown in the afternoon. I saw it yesterday during the L&O: SVU marathon on ION.

by Anonymousreply 229April 7, 2019 11:56 PM

Just need to share my pain with everyone else... Chance The Rapper's voice is worse than nails on a black board:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 8, 2019 1:12 AM

[quote] What's that horrible ad with women dancing on the street singing about a hormone free birth control method? Can that ad be any more excruciating. [/quote]

R229, see R202

by Anonymousreply 231April 8, 2019 5:15 AM

The recent ad for the Stanley Steemer cleaning service - it shows a boy about 6 peeing in the toilet and leaving a puddle on the floor. He steps in the puddle and tracks pee onto a carpet. Everyone pees, but it's kind of pervy to show a child handling his genitals on TV. Then it's nasty, showing his sneaker splashing into a pool of yellow liquid.

by Anonymousreply 232April 9, 2019 2:37 PM

I have a weird crush on Mike McGlone, the guy in the Geico Rhetorical Questions ad campaign. I got excited when I saw him back on TV and then realized it was just that awful pig commercial making the rounds again.

by Anonymousreply 233April 9, 2019 2:45 PM

The dog in the Seresto commercial grosses me out. It's the one with the boxer dog that brings various items (plunger, flowers, bikini top) to it owners home, making her anxious and upset. That dogs large, loose hanging lower lip/gum is black and nasty.

by Anonymousreply 234April 9, 2019 2:45 PM

I just saw a commercial for some kind of home decorating app with Kathy Lee singing all the way through it. The cringe was so strong it hurt.

by Anonymousreply 235April 9, 2019 3:06 PM

Terry Bradshaw making a fool of himself shilling for those step-in tubs for seniors. He dances around and talks with a mush-mouth voice, like he got too many hits to the head during his footballing days.

by Anonymousreply 236April 9, 2019 7:09 PM

That fucking jaguar commercial.

No, you’re not dreaming, bitch. It’s a fucking car. Just. A. Car

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 9, 2019 7:33 PM

Any car commercial featuring distracted drivers saved by the tech of their cars, usually with taglines like "Designed to protect YOU", "Watching out for YOU", etc. Don't these ads just promote ideas for people to drive dangerously. The worst of them feature younger drivers, again with taglines seeming to say most teens are bad drivers, when every accident or near-accident I've had involved adults who were busy doing something else besides paying attention to the road/traffic.

by Anonymousreply 238April 9, 2019 7:44 PM

[quote]The recent ad for the Stanley Steemer cleaning service - it shows a boy about 6 peeing in the toilet and leaving a puddle on the floor. He steps in the puddle and tracks pee onto a carpet. Everyone pees, but it's kind of pervy to show a child handling his genitals on TV. Then it's nasty, showing his sneaker splashing into a pool of yellow liquid.

Pervy? Are you serious? Triggered much? The boys genitals are, of course, not show, nor is the 'pee' on the floor shown as being yellow! Did you see a different version of this commercial?

This commercial is no more 'gross' than tons of other dumb TV ads, like those stupid cartoon bears worried about leaving their fecal matter stuck to their assholes if they don't use Charmin to wipe their bear assholes. As if fucking bears use toilet tissue!

Grow up.

by Anonymousreply 239April 9, 2019 10:08 PM

R228 meet R215!

by Anonymousreply 240April 9, 2019 10:33 PM

All ATT commercials, but especially the one they played over and over at the NCAA tournament. Also for the tournament, Barkley, Spike Lee, and Samuel L Jackson Capital One. I never want to see any of those guys again.

by Anonymousreply 241April 9, 2019 10:37 PM

Joe Namath reading a cue card, which we see, badly.

by Anonymousreply 242April 10, 2019 12:29 AM

The panda express commercial is starting to annoy me of them playing the Chinese version of Ring of fire

by Anonymousreply 243April 10, 2019 7:29 AM

There is a Safelite ad with a teacher that talks to her students in such a cloyingly sappy 80's feel good way that I feel sick when I see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244April 10, 2019 5:10 PM

A company called Teeth Tomorrow which does implants. The patient they use as a spokesperson in their commercial has the most obnoxious, despicable fake looking teeth. They look like horse dentures.

by Anonymousreply 245April 10, 2019 8:58 PM

^^^ and I throw up a little in my mouth every time they show her rotten “before teeth.”

by Anonymousreply 246April 10, 2019 10:41 PM

The guy with rotten teeth says it was caused by medication—yeah, like years of meth use.

by Anonymousreply 247April 10, 2019 10:43 PM

When the giant Olive Garden meatball is dropped onto the spaghetti, I make a little scream of horror. The sauce flies all over the place, and I'm sure it is still undercooked or maybe even a little frozen in the middle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248April 11, 2019 3:02 AM

Commercials you're hating in 2019

Y'all will never believe this, but I've discovered this thing called a "DVR"! It records, fast-forwards, reverses, and deletes whatever I tell it to, all with a push of a tiny button! OMG!

by Anonymousreply 249April 11, 2019 3:14 AM

[quote] There is a Safelite ad with a teacher that talks to her students in such a cloyingly sappy 80's feel good way that I feel sick when I see it.

And then she sounds condescending with the "you must be Pascal".

by Anonymousreply 250April 11, 2019 3:18 AM

Comcast security with that horrible droning Alela Diane "Oh My Mama " song

by Anonymousreply 251April 11, 2019 10:31 AM

R249, are you from the future?!

Couldn’t be, this machine you speak of. Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 252April 11, 2019 10:40 AM

That god awful commercial for birth control device with that ugly woman and her pals dancing in a supermarket and out in the street..Prevar or something like that

by Anonymousreply 253April 11, 2019 10:44 AM

Carvana commercials, the smug bitch simplifies the car buying process glossing over all the problematic issues of buying a new car.

by Anonymousreply 254April 11, 2019 10:49 AM

Carvana aren't new cars, they're used.

by Anonymousreply 255April 11, 2019 4:22 PM

[quote]That god awful commercial for birth control device with that ugly woman and her pals dancing in a supermarket and out in the street..Prevar or something like that

Paragard, posted at R202

by Anonymousreply 256April 11, 2019 6:20 PM

There are two or three versions of ads targeting senior citizens to buy a life insurance policy to cover their "final expenses." The worst one features a black mother and daughter; the daughter says something like, "Mom, how are you doing?" and the old lady says she fine now but she's ready for her "homecoming" and then says, "Oh, by the way, I made plans so that you and your brother won't have to pay my final expenses." To which the daughter replies, "Oh Mom, I didn't know you had saved money to cover your final expenses!" Then the mother says, "I didn't - but with just one call I got a $30,000 policy that will cover all my final expenses."

They say fucking "final expenses" about fifteen times, but that's the gist of it.

by Anonymousreply 257April 11, 2019 7:38 PM

The ad for the internet/cable provider Altice has a table of people at a futuristic dinner party, talking about the "antiquated" form of cooking called flambe. They have a robot butler and a hologram chef. The point of the ad seems to be that Altice is so up-to-date on cable and internet technology, that it's futuristic. The characters in the commercial are all so snobby and superficial sounding, it makes the ad annoying.

by Anonymousreply 258April 11, 2019 8:01 PM

R257, It's a cliche* that all black people insist on an elaborate funeral even though they're usually poor in American society -- like the maid in "Imitation Of Life". So their "final expenses" will require a $30,000 life insurance policy because a huge, flashy, vulgar display costs a bundle (but is necessary or poor simple, uneducated Mammy can't get into Heaven). The Neptune Society should run ads pointing out that you can buy a cremation plan for a couple of thousand dollars payable over time & relieve your survivors of having to make a big showy fuss.

* imagine an accent aigu over the final e

by Anonymousreply 259April 11, 2019 8:02 PM

[quote]* imagine an accent aigu over the final e

No need to imagine—here it is: cliché

You're welcome!

by Anonymousreply 260April 11, 2019 8:10 PM

Thank, R260! How'd you do that?

by Anonymousreply 261April 11, 2019 8:17 PM

I have Windows 10, and you go into Windows Accessories and open Character Map. From there, you choose from individual letters, depending on what accent you need. You type the word and when you get to the letter you need the accent on, click in from the character map choices and it'll insert into the word. Hope that's clear R261.

by Anonymousreply 262April 11, 2019 8:35 PM

On my phone, r261, I hold the letter and options come up.

For instance, if I hold the “e,” I get the following:

eèéêēė

Well, you get the idea.

by Anonymousreply 263April 11, 2019 8:51 PM

[quote]Y'all will never believe this, but I've discovered this thing called a "DVR"! It records, fast-forwards, reverses, and deletes whatever I tell it to, all with a push of a tiny button! OMG!

Way to ruin a thread, you fucking imbecile.

This is DL, new here? If you don't like all the complaining.....which is normal for DL.....GET THE FUCK OUT!

by Anonymousreply 264April 11, 2019 8:58 PM

R262, I have Windows 7 & am fairly computer illiterate -- but Googling your terms "accessories" & "character map", I've managed to pin the "character map" button to my task bar & am now using that to copy lowercase "e" with accent aigu here: é . Comme ça?

by Anonymousreply 265April 11, 2019 9:34 PM

Voilà!

by Anonymousreply 266April 11, 2019 9:36 PM

On a Mac, type "option key" "e" and then type "e" and there it is. To do accent grave, type "option key" " ` " (the very first top left key) and then type "e".

by Anonymousreply 267April 11, 2019 9:41 PM

It’s really simple in iOS for iPhone and iPad users—just hold the letter key and up pops accented choices.

by Anonymousreply 268April 11, 2019 9:44 PM

I feel so bilingual! Gracias, DL!

by Anonymousreply 269April 11, 2019 9:46 PM

R265, Windows 7 is out of support. You need to upgrade (or get a new computer/laptop).

Also on Windows 10, you can use the touch-keyboard (even with a mouse and no touch-screen). If you right-click an empty area of the taskbar you can select "Show Touch Keyboard Button" so it's always there in the system tray on the lower right. You can then easily just click the button to bring up the on-screen keyboard, and click-and-hold (or touch-and-hold if you have a touch-screen) the "E" key, and do just like on iOS … select which "e" you want. It's even more convenient and easy to use than the Character Map app.

by Anonymousreply 270April 12, 2019 12:03 AM

I hate any commercial that has a doorbell ring in the ad because my bulldog barks and it makes her nervous.

by Anonymousreply 271April 12, 2019 1:01 AM

The medical equipment commercial with Joe Namath I can’t stand his voice.

by Anonymousreply 272April 12, 2019 1:02 AM

R272, did you know Joe in his prime (on TV, not in real life)? It's sad to see & hear what's happened to him, just from growing old (& drinking, but maybe no more than lots of celebrities). He used to be physically powerful but now looks & sounds frail -- only to be expected of anyone who's close to 80, yet still sad & the contrast is jarring.

by Anonymousreply 273April 12, 2019 2:00 AM

The Hampton Inn ad with the woman that just dragged herself out of bed and is saved by a Mrs.Beasley looking woman from being seen by her new boss. The Hampton Inn woman looks like one of Cinderellas stepsisters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 12, 2019 11:46 AM

In NY , the Optimum commercials with the "Can You Hear Me Now" guy and the fucking robots

by Anonymousreply 275April 12, 2019 12:22 PM

R275, I thought he did commercials for Sprint? He’s doing Optimum ones now?

by Anonymousreply 276April 12, 2019 12:34 PM

I don't care about Rob Lowe's choice of low carb snack. He can shove those Atkins bars up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 277April 12, 2019 5:57 PM

[quote] Y'all will never believe this, but I've discovered this thing called a "DVR"! It records, fast-forwards, reverses, and deletes whatever I tell it to, all with a push of a tiny button! OMG!

OMG! I can’t fucking be bothered!

Not to mention that some people watch tv with an antenna because they mostly stream from a pay service and can’t be bothered paying for a cable TV Service

by Anonymousreply 278April 12, 2019 6:55 PM

[quote]I don't care about Rob Lowe's choice of low carb snack. He can shove those Atkins bars up his ass.

Doesn't this belong in the "What To Do With A Hambone" thread?

by Anonymousreply 279April 12, 2019 11:40 PM

Wouldn't be the first thing up Rob's ass.

by Anonymousreply 280April 21, 2019 4:20 PM

Windows has had the alternate character map since Windows 3.0.

by Anonymousreply 281April 21, 2019 7:10 PM

Two words: Mattress Mattress.

Also hating on the Bon Voy ads too for Marriott.

by Anonymousreply 282April 21, 2019 7:47 PM

This ad for a card called Netspend, that advertises that you can get your paycheck "2 days earlier". They have people crowing that they can now get paid on Wednesday instead of Friday like their coworkers, and thus they can "manage my money better". None of this gibberish makes sense - if you get paid 2 days before everyone else, what difference does that make and if 2 days matters so much in your whole money situation, there's no way that it's going to improve how you manage your finances.

This is another way to prey on people living paycheck to paycheck, thinking this is some kind of benefit. There is half a screen of fine print which no one except Superman could read, where they hide how this scam works.

by Anonymousreply 283April 23, 2019 5:42 AM

That annoying Repuke My Pillow guy's voice, it's excruciating. He sounds like he's swallowed of bucket of Trump's rancid old man cum!

by Anonymousreply 284April 23, 2019 6:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 26, 2019 7:14 AM

Since they all have a right thumb extended, any idea where his might be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286April 26, 2019 7:38 AM

The Subaru commercial with the young couple being guided by the old blind man. "If you listen carefully, you can hear the whales."

Shut up!

by Anonymousreply 287April 26, 2019 7:59 AM

I hate that this commercial airs with the "middle school principal" actually saying, "The teachers are really dedicated *towards* our students."

I hate that, if those were his own words, someone didn't yell, "Cut!"

I hate that, if he was reading copy written for him, someone at the agency didn't fix it and fire the writer for being an imbecile AND that "middle school principal" didn't know to correct it himself.

Also, I agree with the posters above who expressed their hatred of Shen Yun and "Pan, Pan, Pan, P-a-a-a-n!" I can't mute them fast enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 26, 2019 9:17 AM

Choice Hotels and the "Badda Book, Badda Boom" guy. I struggle to grab the remote and mute it before he can say it.

by Anonymousreply 289April 26, 2019 10:34 AM

Taltz psoriasis treament used to run a series of commercials which kept showing peoples' feet in close proximity to droopy puppies, which looked to me like they wanted to say, "somebody fucking kill me!" Feet for puppies and puppies for feet. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 290April 26, 2019 10:40 AM

The one with Ted Danson for a vodka.

He sidles up to a bar and gets two tiny martinis. There’s a guy next to him who looks like a hippie or a biker or I don’t know what they were trying to do.

Ted offers him one of the martinis and this guy, with an offensive gay stereotype says:

“Oh, I’m still nursing this one, Booby.”

It’s fucking cringeworthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 26, 2019 11:31 AM

This over the hill, smarmy, bearded hipster douche in the TD Ameritrade commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292April 26, 2019 11:47 AM

Mother and daughter running around the woods dressed as pirates, sword-fighting and "arrrrghing" at one another. It think it's for some drug company. It's shown a dozen times a day.

by Anonymousreply 293April 26, 2019 12:12 PM

The "Like you do sometimes, grandpa?" COPD series of commercials. How many fucking times can a commercial be made?

by Anonymousreply 294April 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Pascal from Safelite - that's really his name, I know the guy. Safelite uses actual employees(the ones who've won company competitions). Pascal won for his region like 8 years ago though lol. I think they get paid like $5k for each new commercial.

I love the SNL Safelite commercial - but apparently Safelite did not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295April 26, 2019 2:24 PM

Banned Safelite SNL sketch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296April 26, 2019 2:26 PM

I'm sorry, but I cannot BEAR the Shriners Hospital commercial where Alex meets Caleb and decides to show him around the place. And then hawks the "adowable" blanket you can get for your contribution. The whole thing sets my teeth on edge.

by Anonymousreply 297April 26, 2019 4:10 PM

R287 they cut the ending when the old guy hacks them to death and steals their Subaru

by Anonymousreply 298April 26, 2019 6:00 PM

R293 they fail to mention running around and being a pirate is one of the side effects

by Anonymousreply 299April 26, 2019 6:04 PM

R239 same here. I thought it was bad luck to have retarded people in your home/motel

by Anonymousreply 300April 26, 2019 6:10 PM

The latest State Farm commercial with the frau who goes around warning people, "DON'T MESS WITH MY DISCOUNT!" I want to see a cement truck t-bone her on the driver's side while she's driving. If you need an example of a frau, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 301April 26, 2019 6:21 PM

The Bon-Ton and Radio Shack commercials are aaf. Anything with that Progressive cunt Flo should be banned from the air.

by Anonymousreply 302April 26, 2019 7:39 PM

Radio Shack?

by Anonymousreply 303April 26, 2019 8:14 PM

Radio shack has been gone for several years. I think you've been watching a vhs tape

by Anonymousreply 304April 27, 2019 10:07 AM

[quote]Y'all will never believe this, but I've discovered this thing called a "DVR"! It records, fast-forwards, reverses, and deletes whatever I tell it to, all with a push of a tiny button! OMG!

Who the fuck uses DVRs anymore, gramps? 👴🏻 People stream everything these days.

by Anonymousreply 305April 27, 2019 10:55 AM

[quote]People stream everything these days.

Hold on just a minute there, young ‘un. What the hell does the river got to do with how we watch the pictures on the television box?!

by Anonymousreply 306April 27, 2019 12:36 PM

Those depressing commercials about the impoverished holocaust survivors. And now there's a tag at the end of the commercials eulogizing the rabbi that did the commercials in the first place! So the founder of the organization ended up dying before they did! Did they eat him or what?!

by Anonymousreply 307April 27, 2019 2:47 PM

Volvo with the shrieking singer in the red dress.

by Anonymousreply 308April 27, 2019 2:53 PM

I could not hate this awful couple any more than I already do

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309April 27, 2019 4:13 PM

The Home Chef commercials get the ugliest people. There’s one with this blonde girl with the nasal, slowest vocal fry ever. “It was soooooo easy to maaaaake aaaaaaannnnnnd deeeeeeeliiiiiciiiooouss, riiiiiiight, hooooooneeeey?”

by Anonymousreply 310April 27, 2019 5:22 PM

R302 doesn’t have tv. Probably hadn’t had one for over 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 311April 27, 2019 5:23 PM

The one with the extremely pretentious family cooking together, competing and taking pictures for social media. "Honey, your rump roast broke the internet."

I just want a next generation of the Manson family or a group of Satanists looking for human sacrifices to break into their house and slaughter them all so badly.

It's kinda old, I know. But I couldn't find the other thread. Search engine for DL sucks.

by Anonymousreply 312April 28, 2019 1:03 AM

Rob Lowe for Atkins sounds so odd. Gay voice overlaid with extra phlegm? I can't figure it out. I've never heard anything quite like it.

The way Trace Adkins pronounces project as "projict" in the Wounded Warriors Project ads makes me want to scream.

All the gruff voiced manly types like Gerald McRaney and Trace Adkins shilling for these organizations make me fantasize the same ads done by Paul Lynde, Charles Nelson Reilly or Rip Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 313April 28, 2019 5:41 AM

Paul Lynde would redeem a lot of these commercials. Just imagining his delivery of "Like you, grandpa?" or "what does the dishwasher do?" gives me a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 314April 28, 2019 4:37 PM

1) Any commercial that exploits little sick kids to drum up donations or for that matter shows images of tortured animals to drum up donations

2) Getting sick of the constant gecko and progressive commercials

3) those old E*TRADE commercials with that annoying talking baby

by Anonymousreply 315April 28, 2019 7:47 PM

The "what does the dishwasher do?" commercial is annoying af. I see it and keep wishing that Patsy Ramsey was alive and that she and Casey Anthony would get together to teach that dumb little bitch a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 316April 28, 2019 8:35 PM

There's a commercial which starts with a mother chasing a child around the kitchen and throughout the house then Enya singing (yes, Enya!) while cutting to a scene of the same child sitting happily at the dinner table, eating mac and cheese, and the announcer saying "Kraft for the win-win". It irritates for so many reasons - since when does any parent allow their child to act like that, since when does a child dictate to the parents what to have for dinner and whatever happened to the same parents saying "You're going to sit down and eat what I made you or else...". (I know, in this day and age, the child would probably call CPS.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 29, 2019 1:38 AM

Lot of hate for that dishwasher commercial. Lol.

Just saw it again and made me think of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 318April 29, 2019 12:08 PM

I've seen that dishwasher commercial hated on other sites, too -- so it's not just gay men who dislike it. Which makes me wonder whether ad agencies still use focus groups to get an idea of how any given approach might be received by hypothetical audiences (real people, not actors, of course)? Or is it now just a matter of "let's run it up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes"?

by Anonymousreply 319April 30, 2019 1:31 AM

Just when I am rid of that older lady shadow boxing her way to a drugstore and back, along comes that old man "painting" his wall art with fists covered in paint.

On the other hand the guy who looks like a very young Gregory Peck selling me York Peppermint Patties can look into the camera all day long and I won't care. Whew!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320April 30, 2019 1:47 PM

"Why Blonch chose Verizon"

And then I looked up at the screen and there's Blonch doing the mug-cradlers' dance in a sea of white. In big black letters it said, "Why Blanche chose Verizon."

To add insult to injury, Blonch stopped dancing long enough to throw her arms up like a goalpost and slur, "un the' I heard I geh Ee-uh-pul Mee-you-zic. BEEEEEEWM!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 3, 2019 6:42 AM

That depressed bitch who says “Is it just me”?

by Anonymousreply 322May 3, 2019 11:19 AM

Those latoota commercials that have the overly pained and sympathetic bitches showing their various levels of depression. Take your entitled self and throw yourself off a bridge!! Maybe then you'll feel better!

by Anonymousreply 323May 3, 2019 1:35 PM

"what does the dishwasher do?" is the new "what's a computer?"

by Anonymousreply 324May 3, 2019 1:56 PM

Hatin' on the latest Honda shiller, James Hinchcliffe.

Bad case of "douchebro" on that guy.

by Anonymousreply 325May 3, 2019 2:03 PM

I hate the gum commercials with that mewing singer "mmmm I can't help falling in love with you." It literally makes me nauseated. I can't mute fast enough!

by Anonymousreply 326May 3, 2019 2:13 PM

Any commercial with that infantile woman’s singing voice. You know the one.

by Anonymousreply 327May 3, 2019 2:51 PM

The insufferable Neil Patrick Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328May 3, 2019 2:55 PM

Neil looks pretty bad in those spots. And it's not just his hair. Maybe David stopped feeding him?

by Anonymousreply 329May 3, 2019 4:48 PM

I want to go back in time and live in the world depicted by Christmas “cheer” TV ads, “cheer” meaning alcohol. Everyone looked happy and sophisticated, even in the André champagne ads. All those ads - Gallo brothers, Martini & Rossi (on the rocks .....or their Asti Spumante), Cold Duck, Harvey’s Bristol Creme, Paul Masson (selling no wine before it’s time), Seagrams. The ladies wore elegant gowns (later, elegant, flowing one piece pantsuits) and choker necklaces and the men wore turtlenecks and jackets with leather elbow patches (and green plaid scarves), there were multicolored C9 lights on trees and windows, along with window corner frost. It was lightly snowing outside and everyone cane in the front door with big flakes on their jackets and were holding boxes that were gift wrapped — top and bottom separately — and they’d pull off the wrapped & bowed lid and showed what great alcohol they’d brought to the party.

There was no date rape or drunkenness in the ads. Everyone was well dressed and educated. Women had been to the beauty parlor earlier in the day, babysitters were watching their prefect children at home. In the early 70s, black couples finally showed up at the ad parties and we all toasted integration for the upper crust blacks & whites that we all hoped to be. Glasses plinked, conversation was low volume, punctuated by hearty-but-not-boisterous laughter. Someone would tap a martini glass with an appetizer fork to get everyone’s attention, wish us a Merry Christmas & a healthy and happy 1967; we’d all clap and someone might start off a stanza of Auld Lang Syne.

by Anonymousreply 330May 3, 2019 7:19 PM

I remember those days, R330. I also remember the Viet Nam war and the draft, which is why pretty much all of my high school graduating class disappeared and never returned.

by Anonymousreply 331May 3, 2019 7:34 PM

[quote]"what does the dishwasher do?" is the new "what's a computer?"

Did you also notice, the two young actresses on BOTH commercials resemble each other? Are they related? The "what's a computer?" actress is on the FX series "Better Things".

by Anonymousreply 332May 3, 2019 7:53 PM

Those "you can quit" commercials from the CDC. A couple of them really freak me out. Particularly the one with the woman lying in the hospital bed two days before her death. God rest her soul. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and after seeing those commercials, I can promise you that I never will.

by Anonymousreply 333May 3, 2019 7:58 PM

R333 that is why those psa’s are shown.

by Anonymousreply 334May 3, 2019 8:05 PM

Nobody in my high school graduating class died in Vietnam

by Anonymousreply 335May 3, 2019 8:12 PM

[quote]Those "you can quit" commercials from the CDC. A couple of them really freak me out. Particularly the one with the woman lying in the hospital bed two days before her death. God rest her soul. I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and after seeing those commercials, I can promise you that I never will.

That one woman on the those commercials, who lost her jaw and part of her neck to smoking is still alive! I'm amazed ,that through all her cancer treatments, her thick hair returned. No, that's not a wig. The blond woman who died was shown putting on a wig.

Most women who go through chemo, radiation and years of cancer meds, their hair never returns to it's former state. `

by Anonymousreply 336May 3, 2019 8:19 PM

Lucky you, R335, and your classmates.

by Anonymousreply 337May 3, 2019 8:33 PM

The "I WANT IT ALL" ad. I think it's for a cruise line. Trying too hard to be stylish, and the pouty chanteuse and her message are why the rest of the world hates us!

by Anonymousreply 338May 3, 2019 9:11 PM

The Sabra hummus jingle makes me lose my will to live.

by Anonymousreply 339May 4, 2019 12:50 AM

"Your rates go up because you file a claim for a scratch so small you could fix it with a pen"

It is a Liberty Mutual Insurance commercial, but it is stupid. Why are you filing a claim on a scratch so small you could fix it with a pen, how fucking small is your deductible that you can file a claim for a scratch. I reluctantly accept we have to have commercials but they don't have to insult our intelligence. I will never buy insurance from Liberty Mutual, NEVER.

by Anonymousreply 340May 4, 2019 1:10 AM

R340, I always took that to mean you damaged someone else’s car (a scratch so small...) and they went after your insurance. Not your own vehicle.

by Anonymousreply 341May 4, 2019 1:14 AM

R340, my mother told me when I was quite young they intentionally dumb down the ads. Always have. Always will.

by Anonymousreply 342May 4, 2019 1:43 AM

Not a commercial, but the flabby female on talk stoop....those thunder thighs bigger than an elephant leg!!! So gross

by Anonymousreply 343May 4, 2019 2:20 AM

I think it's for Colgate - a young woman who actually says "My gums bleed when I brush. But I don't have to worry about that. Do I?" Then, to add to the stupidity, it cuts to a dentist/dental hygienist who says "Actually, yes you do" and then it segues into the product.

by Anonymousreply 344May 4, 2019 3:55 AM

"My teeth are falling out and I have a mouthful of pus. But I don't have to worry, do I?"

by Anonymousreply 345May 4, 2019 3:31 PM

WTF is with the emu in the Liberty Mutual ads? I sure don't need to see a fucking bird vomit on a desk.

by Anonymousreply 346May 4, 2019 3:57 PM

^Limu Emu? Yeah, doesn't even make sense and certainly isn't funny. Just stop, already.

by Anonymousreply 347May 4, 2019 8:54 PM

I know, r347, is lame.

by Anonymousreply 348May 4, 2019 8:54 PM

The emu's partner is kinda hot with the sunglasses on, but not so hot with them off. Go figure!

by Anonymousreply 349May 4, 2019 10:25 PM

I am assuming that Ryan Reynolds gets down on his knees every morning and thanks whatever powers that be for his so called career. His commercials for that toon game are some of the worst things I have seen. He isn't funny, he isn't that good looking and he sucks as an actor. The wrong guy went on to "stardom" after "3 men and a Pizza" (or whatever) went off the air.

by Anonymousreply 350May 8, 2019 2:27 PM

R349 He's fat, when he runs away with the emu in one commercial you can see big rolls of fat on his waist.

by Anonymousreply 351May 8, 2019 2:45 PM

This is weird, I suppose. I stopped watching over the air and cable TV, burned put on the nightmarish POTUS news cycle. I don't know of a single TeeVee commercial to hate.

The gawdawful spots TuneIn inserts into their MSNBC audio stream, that's the worst I got. (DirecTV won't ever get me back with their REALLY shitty ads!)

by Anonymousreply 352May 8, 2019 3:30 PM

The Vorizon commercials with that obnoxious nerd and the Dior perfume commercials with Charlize or Jennifer. So ridiculous. Makes me despise them both more than I do.

by Anonymousreply 353May 8, 2019 3:34 PM

[quote]Mother and daughter running around the woods dressed as pirates, sword-fighting and "arrrrghing" at one another. It think it's for some drug company. It's shown a dozen times a day.

Agree and why the hell doesn't that kid have a friend?

by Anonymousreply 354May 8, 2019 10:40 PM

Why do I get enraged by seeing Zoe Kravitz sitting in a rain forest with her blouse falling off her shoulder, and tapping her fingers on a bottle of beer? Maybe because it's selling point is that it's organic beer, like a beer swiller really cares? Or that Zoe stooped to this?

by Anonymousreply 355May 9, 2019 2:04 AM

R354 the side effect is being a pirate

by Anonymousreply 356May 9, 2019 2:41 AM

These ridiculous Sandals resort commercials with one couple on a beautiful deserted beach. Gee, how much is that bill supporting a whole resort with only one couple at a time?

by Anonymousreply 357May 9, 2019 10:46 AM

R301 I can't stand her either. I know she's an actress doing her job - but she's beyond annoying. State Farm must want to compete with Liberty Mutual for the worst possible ads.

by Anonymousreply 358May 9, 2019 10:57 AM

The Liberty Mutual commercial with the out of shape guy with the huge calves. The ad manager for all the LM commercials should be fired, none of the commercial are funny or engaging.

by Anonymousreply 359May 9, 2019 11:01 AM

ALL Liberty Mutual commercials are failures. Their ad agency should be run out of business.

by Anonymousreply 360May 9, 2019 11:54 AM

I don't blame the agency that created the commercials it's the person in LM corporate marketing who approved them and pushed them on upper management.

by Anonymousreply 361May 9, 2019 1:56 PM

Those Hertz "We Try Harder" commercials. Enough already.

by Anonymousreply 362May 9, 2019 5:02 PM

The oldies cable channel in my area is constantly running the ads with sad animals and asking for help. Now they went to the next level with these ads for Operation Smile, which is a foundation to fix cleft palate deformities for kids overseas. OMG, it is brutal to see the split upper lips, gappy mouths with teeth poking out from every direction on the little children.

by Anonymousreply 363May 17, 2019 11:19 PM

R359, R360, R361: how do companies learn which ads work and which don't? They must do surveys and find people who did or didn't buy their product as a result of seeing certain ads. Which means that a lot of people must say that they were persuaded by those horrendous ads to buy car insurance from Liberty Mutual. Hope to god I never have to meet those folks!

by Anonymousreply 364May 17, 2019 11:46 PM

The car commercial with some people at a meeting. A women with a fake whispery voice (think Ivanka T) gets a phone call, she tells the South Asian man next to her that: "Alex left her cello in the car." Huh? WTF? What a stupid fucking commercial.

Then the group, drops off the whispery voiced woman's daughter's cello, they then proceed to have their meeting in the car. What the point? That the car is so fabulous you can have a meeting in it?

The woman's fake whispery voice is so damn annoying, I want to punch her in the mouth! I despise those whispery pseudo sophisticated voices. They hurt my ears.

by Anonymousreply 365May 19, 2019 8:54 PM

All of those "real people" (not actors!) in those lousy Chevy commercials are getting on my very last nerve. They are the dream spokespeople that every company doing commercials could possibly hope to find. They gush and orgasm over every little feature of the shitty Chevy cars they are looking at in their "real people" speeches:

"Fantastic!"

"Breathtaking!"

"I want a Chevy now!"

by Anonymousreply 366May 19, 2019 9:28 PM

Sure, they're all real people. They all turn at precisely the same moment, they don't talk over each other, and they move in sync. Fucking Chevy bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 367May 19, 2019 11:18 PM

R367, ever hear of editing?

While I agree those commercials are annoying, they select the tidbits they like, adjust sound and they’re done.

The production is cheap, not paying the actors and it’s easy to put together. Not a bad marketing plan from a financial standpoint.

by Anonymousreply 368May 19, 2019 11:34 PM

R363 I know what you mean! Those commercials almost make me want to put my cocktail down and write a check for those kids!

by Anonymousreply 369May 20, 2019 12:34 AM

The woman saying hy-a-lu-ron-ic acid grates on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 370May 20, 2019 1:44 AM

[quote]The woman saying hy-a-lu-ron-ic acid grates on my nerves.

There are several actresses now doing that commercial. Eva Longoria and Busy Phillips have been doing those L'Oreal ads recently. Busy's long fake nails in the commercial are very distracting. If the company wants to sell their face cream, she needed to have a short manicure.

by Anonymousreply 371May 20, 2019 7:15 AM

The latest heart drug commercial set at an interracial wedding makes me cringe every time. All the forced gaiety and phony set-up. Who knew medicine could be so fun?

I am really curious if black women feel about these ads the same way some of us gay men feel about trans stuff, the subtle erasure element. Celebrating (to sell product, granted) the black man getting a white woman instead. The scenario is so common in ads now, it feels oddly pointed. Curious what others think.

by Anonymousreply 372May 20, 2019 11:30 PM

[quote]I am really curious if black women feel about these ads the same way some of us gay men feel about trans stuff, the subtle erasure element. Celebrating (to sell product, granted) the black man getting a white woman instead. The scenario is so common in ads now, it feels oddly pointed. Curious what others think.

No one is getting erased, quite the opposite. There are tons of current TV ads with a white man and a black woman. Just saw one for a mattress a few minutes ago, it featured a white man, a black woman and a little red haired boy who looked 100% white. Guess the son was the husband's kid from his first marriage. lol

The point is, ad agencies are featuring so many mixed couples, they are doing this to enrage the Republicans, the Religious Right and all the other Trumpster racists and xenophobes. One commercial even featured a drag queen to advertise Chips Ahoy!

You mean to tell me, you haven't noticed all the ads now featuring tons of non-white people and mixed couples? How about the ads featuring gay couples?

In addition to the mixed and gay couples and even mixed gay couples, I've been seeing more South Asians, East Asians and tons of black people in TV ads. I guess if you no longer watch TV, you aren't seeing these commercials.

by Anonymousreply 373May 21, 2019 1:37 AM

That hideous Volvo ad with the soprano trilling out that piece of opera. I have flung myself across the room to grab the remote before she hits the first note.

by Anonymousreply 374May 21, 2019 2:47 AM

The Chantix commercial with the anthropomorphized TURKEY who, while camping, pours a handful of chantix pills into his hand, takes one, cooks the rest in his soup pot and then eats the soup. Yes, that is what actually happens.

My SO pointed this out to me, I had seen only glimpses of it before - camping turkey, how cute..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375May 21, 2019 5:56 AM

Does Jason Bateman need money so bad that he is willing to play an elevator operator in a car commercial? He looks old all of a sudden too.

by Anonymousreply 376May 21, 2019 6:10 AM

R375, if I hadn’t seen that commercial with my own eyes, based on your description alone, I would’ve insisted you were on a bad acid trip.

by Anonymousreply 377May 21, 2019 11:58 AM

Jamaica man milking Giraffe for Skittles. My god who ok this commercial to make their product look like it came from milking a animal? Guy look like he's on acid as he laughs and eating what he milked. Bad trip?

by Anonymousreply 378May 21, 2019 1:52 PM

Thank you, R330. Those were indeed wonderful days, at least on commercials.

by Anonymousreply 379May 22, 2019 1:08 AM

"This is my Sexy Mom car." Vomit.

by Anonymousreply 380May 23, 2019 1:17 AM

Anything with Tampini Marchand - that "OOOH! I can do that!" Girl

by Anonymousreply 381May 23, 2019 3:17 PM

What are the Reese's candy makers "not sorry" about?

by Anonymousreply 382May 27, 2019 3:13 AM

The AT&T commercial with the fug woman muttering "that's cool" over her counterpart ironing his jeans

by Anonymousreply 383May 27, 2019 4:17 AM

All the millennial self-affirming whimsical twee shit in commercials - overuse of the words "why", "because" and "you" for example. "Almond milk...why?,,,because you're worth it!". "Why?...because YOU!".

by Anonymousreply 384May 27, 2019 4:58 AM

Any of those commercials with Captain Obvious.

by Anonymousreply 385May 27, 2019 5:45 AM

In NY, I hate the ad for NY1..."you've never had a blooming onion?" I fucking hate that cunt's voice. so annoying! And she wears the ugliest shit on TV.

by Anonymousreply 386May 27, 2019 5:57 AM

Those stupid Allstate "mayhem" commercials with that has-been from Oz.

by Anonymousreply 387May 27, 2019 5:58 AM

Honey Bunches of Oats commercials with that funny looking factory worker.

by Anonymousreply 388May 27, 2019 5:59 AM

Very annoying one for the NY lottery scratch off tickets - tickets where you uncover words to win. A group is socializing in a living room, and they have invited a wrestler(!?), dressed in his ring gear. The wrestler doesn't like the board game they're playing and swipes it onto the floor. Next shot is the same group but now they're all scratching at lottery tickets and yelling out the words as they uncover them.

The whole scene is so surreal with the wrestler, and the people just YELLING out random words. Annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389May 27, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote]Honey Bunches of Oats commercials with that funny looking factory worker.

WTF, she's a DL icon! You are clueless.

Diana Hunter actually worked at the Post factory! Good for her. Let's see YOU in a famous TV ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390May 29, 2019 1:19 AM

Seabond denture adhesive has a commercial with people eating problematic foods in double speed. A man chows down on an ear of corn and the sound effect is like buzzsaw or something. Another one has a woman eating an crisp apple and it sounds like a horse chomping.

by Anonymousreply 391June 2, 2019 3:42 PM

I can't mute the TV fast enough when that Infiniti ad comes on that that country-adjacent nightmare of a song

by Anonymousreply 392June 2, 2019 4:21 PM

I like the honey bunches of oats lady. I will actually stop and watch her.

There’s a commercial for some island resort with the song that goes “yeah we’re all about a good time… Yeah we’re all about a good life…” I fucking hate it and it’s been going on for years and years with no end in sight. Some young singer must be making a hell of a payday.

by Anonymousreply 393June 2, 2019 4:43 PM

The latest Chevy commercial with "real people, not actors" includes a pretty brunette who says "I'm going to go get a Chevy" and giggles for no apparent reason.

Another commercial for some bathroom renovation firm (maybe local) shows a pretty woman saying "I actually love our bathroom now" with a little giggle (and smirk and sideways glance up at her handsome straight-faced male partner).

Both of these women look like adults but their senseless giggles make them sound like 8-year-olds. Is this some new trend that's supposed to be charming?

by Anonymousreply 394June 3, 2019 2:02 AM

Who plays Captain Morgan in those otherwise nutty ads? The guy has great sexiness.

by Anonymousreply 395June 3, 2019 7:05 AM

Another vote for the beer commercial with the lady whispering into the microphone and pouring beer.

The whispering make me irrationally angry. I'm not sure why. What's the point of having her whisper? I don't get it.

Makes me want to punch her.

by Anonymousreply 396June 11, 2019 10:46 PM

The lady pouring the beer is actress Zoe Kravitz.

by Anonymousreply 397June 12, 2019 12:07 AM

The latest Chevy "real" people ad has these people marveling at a truck that you can plug a giant light into. The part that makes it really awful is they all keep giggling. What the hell are they giggling about?

by Anonymousreply 398June 12, 2019 1:09 AM

the insurance ad about some stupid "shed" and the couple kept saying "she-shed" or some other foreign language sounding phase...

stupid!

by Anonymousreply 399June 12, 2019 5:37 AM

There is an ad for a men's razor that really seems like something from a Todd Solondz movie. It features this big doughy firefighter whining about how sensitive his skin is and then ends with the most bizarre slow-mo close-up of him smiling with him sporting braces on his teeth. The metal type that you don't really see on adults anymore now that there is Invisaline and other types. It has a really sad,creepy feeling for a commercial.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400June 12, 2019 10:56 AM

Yeah, that's a weird one. It's played a lot, too.

by Anonymousreply 401June 12, 2019 12:26 PM

There's a waterpark in the area called Aquatobia, and their new commercial gives me pedophile vibes. It starts with some preteen girls in swimsuits who stand around this woman who speaks to the camera. One of the girls is posing in an extremely seductive position and I swear, it looks like she was posed that way expressly to look alluring. Her bikini bottom is very small and revealing. Next they show two more preteen girls doing a backflip in the water, while the camera is focused on their crotches as they go under the surface. Then, they show a group of girls in an inflated ring on a water slide – all of the girls have their legs wide open in their 2-piece suits. Next, a few shots of really young girls running around in the park, and it ends with ANOTHER young teen girl belly-flopping onto a boogie board in the wave pool. The way the shot is framed seems to highlight her splayed out legs.

Every time this ad plays, it leaves me with an uneasy feeling - who is this place being peddled to? Before you all scream that I'm a perv who is making something innocent into something creepy, anyone who has seen this ad, please weigh in. *Unfortunately, I can't find the ad online, but folks in the NY/NJ/CT area have probably seen it.

by Anonymousreply 402June 12, 2019 7:52 PM

Yeah boys can be seductive too

No girls please

by Anonymousreply 403June 13, 2019 9:05 AM

I cringe whenever I see William Shatner trying to be sincere in the TV ads he does. He did one for a portable oxygen generator recently, trying to be portray compassion, as he explained that he had a friend who had to use one of those units. He just looked bloated and smarmy. His latest ad is for a device that cleans the hoses/masks that attach to CPAP machines. Bill is still looking the same.

by Anonymousreply 404June 14, 2019 7:46 PM

Those two assholes shilling for Spectrum: the smug know-it-all in a sweater and the couch potato nerd. Their witless banter is annoying beyond belief. I mute my TV for the new one where couch potato talks about getting stretchy arms as a superpower so he could reach the refrigerator.

by Anonymousreply 405June 14, 2019 7:56 PM

Oh, and another vote for the Liberty Mutual ad featuring the guy with the freakish calves. If I ever needed insurance I would go out of my way NOT to patronize Liberty based on their shitty commercials!

by Anonymousreply 406June 14, 2019 7:58 PM

Doritos. Chance the Rapper & BSB. Irritating as f***.

by Anonymousreply 407June 16, 2019 2:50 AM

Those freaking Leesa commercials - "I LOVE my Leesa!"..."You NEED this bed!"

by Anonymousreply 408June 16, 2019 7:40 AM

Queen: I want it all! I want it all! DoorDash.

by Anonymousreply 409June 16, 2019 7:42 AM

That Stanley Steamer commercial with the little kid peeing on the floor and then stepping in it. As the announcer aptly puts it, “That’s gross.”

by Anonymousreply 410June 16, 2019 8:39 AM

A woman wants to know whether Discover has a travel card. Rather than doing some Googling and going to Discover's website to easily find the answer, she decides to call Discover -- while she's visiting an aquarium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411June 16, 2019 9:37 AM

Princess Toast

by Anonymousreply 412June 16, 2019 10:24 AM

Any Honey commercial. I don’t even have to watch the screen to know it’s a Honey commercial when I hear a millennial start whining about a millennial problem. “So hungry. Ugh!”

by Anonymousreply 413June 16, 2019 12:46 PM

Starkist “It’s CHICKEN!”

by Anonymousreply 414June 16, 2019 12:48 PM

For Trump people, the easier way to take your medications. They don't "have to remember" to take their pills anymore. Just rely on pillpack. What the fuck is in that huge pill bottle that renders the bag unclosable. Hey dipshit, how about a bigger bag? So damned insulting. (It's free, just pay a copay!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 16, 2019 2:52 PM

R415 I've seen commercials for PillPack but never that specific one. How incredibly stupid do they make that woman out to be, carrying around entire jars of pills? I take several medications and I have them all lined up, day by day, in one of those weekly pill boxes. And if I know I'm going to be out for the day, I simply put all of that day's pills into a reused pill bottle.

by Anonymousreply 416June 16, 2019 3:20 PM

Popeye's Hot Honey Crunch chicken... "It's hot AND sweet!"

I hate it because this cunt of a woman is only out on the date for the chicken, and tells the guy she's with he's not hot at all.

BUT IT TOTALLY IS. He's the definition of hot and sweet! I WANT HIM SO BAD!

DUDE! DUMP THAT CUNT AND COME LET ME LOVE YOU!

by Anonymousreply 417June 16, 2019 4:46 PM

Those ambiguous Volvo commercials are back.

by Anonymousreply 418June 16, 2019 6:02 PM

Lberator Medical colostomy bags, the lady approves of the product with an ear-piercing woohoo!

by Anonymousreply 419June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

I HATE those LaToota commercials. That self-entitled bitch with depression - get over it! Who cares!

by Anonymousreply 420June 17, 2019 11:31 AM

Here is the Popeye's commercial. Can you imagine the uproar if the roles were reversed? " Toxic masculinity!" " Male privilege!" "Exploitation of women!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 17, 2019 12:29 PM

Plus, the guy is fucking HOT as well as CUTE and SWEET and SEXY and ADORABLE.

What the fuck is that cunt's problem?

by Anonymousreply 422June 18, 2019 1:48 AM

Did Movado fucking buy MSNBC? I swear every other commercial is that annoying ....Ooou....ah...ah...ahhhh. And if it isn't that ad it is the Shelley Hack look-a-like rubbing her 5% discount and free WiFi in the Trivago guys face.

by Anonymousreply 423June 20, 2019 7:32 PM

The commercial that matches people with housekeepers/babysitters, especially the fug little brat that goes, "Do you think I'm cute?" and then whines about how mom and dad are cleaning, "on a Saturday!" That brat's almost as much as the "what does the dishwasher do?" demon spawn.

by Anonymousreply 424June 20, 2019 7:56 PM

Joining the "what's a computer?" and "what does a dishwasher do?" girls is a new never ending commercial featuring a flash dancing mini chubbette dancing her way into hearts and award winning ribbons. She sparkles, she lights up, she screams with joy up and down the halls of Holiday Inns located in the heartland. Mommy and Poppy are so proud.

If it was any other kid doing the ad, I wouldn't mind as much, but this kid is dancing on my last nerve. Totally obnoxious. Can they run the ad more frequently?

by Anonymousreply 425June 25, 2019 2:18 AM

Love the hot dads in the Dr. Scholls commercials. The dad who goes to the amusement park, the one who leads a tour (Ryan Santiello who used to be on Y&R for a time) and the Dad with triplets.

by Anonymousreply 426June 25, 2019 10:05 AM

R426 didn’t read the thread title.

by Anonymousreply 427June 25, 2019 12:45 PM

Is it Mazda with that slowed down Cranberries song sung by some raspy voiced female songwriter. We get it. IT’S A MILLENNIAL COMMERCIAL!!!!!! My God it’s like you’d expect the lady in the commercial to bust out with a bowl of sriracha mac and cheese while wearing unicorn horns. Enough with the slowed down renditions of popular hits. That Mamas and Papas California Dreamin song alone has at least 5 slowed down versions including in that terrible San Andreas movie. It totally puts as bad a taste in my mouth as bad as sea salted caramel.

by Anonymousreply 428June 27, 2019 6:11 AM

The one with the awful Emu

by Anonymousreply 429June 28, 2019 9:52 PM

Hate this one. Take the damn sad dog for a car ride!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 28, 2019 10:04 PM

Oh, oh, oh, Ozempic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431June 28, 2019 11:06 PM

Liberty Mutual has been hitting the LA market for months with its “accident forgiveness’’ ads. At the end of the ad the small print reads “accident forgiveness not available in California.” WTF! The state insurance commissioner or state consumer protection agency should fine these bastards.

by Anonymousreply 432June 28, 2019 11:23 PM

For several years now, every other commercial has had whistling. It’s amazing when you start counting them.

I wonder if there is one boutique company that specializes in whistlers for TV commercials.

by Anonymousreply 433June 28, 2019 11:23 PM

Liberty liberty liberty liberty

by Anonymousreply 434June 28, 2019 11:24 PM

The douche bag who dances all of the way through the commercial for Trujeo (sp?)

by Anonymousreply 435June 29, 2019 12:50 AM

R432, the story at the link says that Liberty was sued in 2016 by the District Attorneys of 3 southern Calif counties for this very infraction, and settled the lawsuit by agreeing to pay $925,000 (without admitting liability, as is typical in settlements). I have no idea why they're now running the ads again in 2019 -- I've seen them where I live in the SF Bay Area, but I assume the settlement forbids the ads throughout the state, since the coverage is not permitted under Calif law, period. The settlement addressed ads with the "not available in Calif" disclaimer, so it doesn't sound like anything has changed since 2016 (unless the disclaimer is now printed in larger type?). Odd....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436June 29, 2019 1:00 AM

The Lacoste commercial featuring a couple whose apartment is ripped in half by an earthquake or something as Edith Piaf yowls in the background, is being overplayed to fucking DEATH.

However…as I was looking for it on YouTube to post it here, I came across the "long" version (posted here), which completely changes my mind about it. It's three times the length of the ad that's being televised, and it's really pretty good. This doesn't negate the fact that the shorter version is still as grating as hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437June 29, 2019 1:18 AM

"Thank god for grammarly. If I actually had the English skills to perform basic tasks in the workplace I wouldn't be completely out of luck like I would be if this "app" (program) didn't exist. Thanks again grammarly, for providing me with the employment that I really don't deserve!"

by Anonymousreply 438June 29, 2019 1:25 AM

Have to give it to Applebee's - the comfort food looks amazing, and the songs they've purchased are always super fun to hear.

I wonder if Melissa Manchester feels any shame having sold "Come To My Window." Or if she just figures, fuck it, money's good.

by Anonymousreply 439June 29, 2019 1:29 AM

The hideous mom who, despite her migraines, is willing to play "Princess and Pirate" with her obnoxious daughter, then goes into an elaborate schizoid fantasy, then trundles the brat in a wheelbarrow pretending it's a plane, then chase each other around the yard wearing ridiculous cardboard box robot costumes.

I get a migraine just THINKING about doing something like that.

by Anonymousreply 440June 29, 2019 4:11 AM

R440, lot of hate on this thread for that commercial. Didn’t really think it was that bad at first, but now I can’t stand it.

by Anonymousreply 441June 29, 2019 2:25 PM

Any commercial depicting a wedding where the the bride's father (and in one case the mother!) starts busting a move on the dance floor, doing a cheesy choreographed routine. These are usually for some medication or another.

by Anonymousreply 442July 2, 2019 3:52 PM

This commercial for a browser extension that shows a baby turning into a gay twink for some reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443July 5, 2019 3:02 AM

These Baskin-Robbins spots with the weird mouth effect are creepy in an annoying way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444July 5, 2019 3:21 AM

Ozempic and Limu Emu commercials are probably on heavy rotation in the ninth circle of Hell.

by Anonymousreply 445July 5, 2019 3:55 AM

[quote]And if it isn't that ad it is the Shelley Hack look-a-like rubbing her 5% discount and free WiFi in the Trivago guys face.

This sounds oddly disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 446July 5, 2019 4:08 AM

Any commercial where the parents go through hoops to find a food their spawn will eat. Let the little assholes starve!

by Anonymousreply 447July 5, 2019 12:57 PM

That horrible "START THE CAR" cunt from Ikea is back. God, I hate that bitch!

by Anonymousreply 448July 5, 2019 11:10 PM

[quote]I wonder if Melissa Manchester feels any shame having sold "Come To My Window." Or if she just figures, fuck it, money's good.

So ashamed that she changed her name to Etheridge

by Anonymousreply 449July 6, 2019 2:05 AM

I want mother and daughter to both get stabbed by real pirate swords.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450July 6, 2019 2:10 AM

R449 Oh wow. I really did type that, huh?

by Anonymousreply 451July 6, 2019 2:20 AM

I didn't realize Zoe Kravitz was the ASMR beer-pouring lady. I would still stab her in the head for that hateful commercial. How in the holy fuck can people find that ASMR shit relaxing?!

by Anonymousreply 452July 6, 2019 2:22 AM

I keep thinking the mother and the daughter in the Emgality "Pirates" commercial are both on the autism spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 453July 6, 2019 3:50 AM

Mrs. Lady Pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454July 6, 2019 12:05 PM

Someone loves Lady Pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455July 6, 2019 12:08 PM

That is the first time I ever saw the mother/daughter ad everyone here hates. It makes me think of a brilliant short film that aired on Adult Swim several years ago. That mother is one headache away from offing her spawn and then doing herself in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 6, 2019 12:12 PM

DON’T MESS WITH MY DISCOUNT!

by Anonymousreply 457July 6, 2019 12:20 PM

I think it’s the Extra bubblegum commercial with this guy doing a terrible Peter Gabriel impression. You could tell it’s inauthentic and he’s making his voice that way to appeal to millennials. Also does Snickers OWN the WWE? I swear I’d seen that Pete Sagarine Snickers commercial like 5 times in one single break alone.

by Anonymousreply 458July 13, 2019 5:41 AM

There's a Firestone Tire ad with some woman with safety glasses talking directly to the camera, and I just can't get over how much she looks like a parrot fish and it drives me nuts and I can't take her or the commercial seriously because of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459July 13, 2019 4:50 PM

[quote]Joining the "what's a computer?" and "what does a dishwasher do?" girls

HEY NOW, don't forget the "...it's STEROID FREE!" smug little kid!

by Anonymousreply 460July 13, 2019 4:55 PM

This realtor.com gay couple commercial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 14, 2019 5:31 AM

That cal fresh commercials where those stupid parents and kids take that stupid victory danc at the end. I expect that husband would of thrown that cup back at her face and demanded her to give him his fucking beer.

by Anonymousreply 462July 14, 2019 11:11 AM

That migraine commercial forgot to mention that the main side effect was being a pirate or evil robot.

by Anonymousreply 463July 14, 2019 11:13 AM

The Colace commercial with the constipated animals.

by Anonymousreply 464July 14, 2019 11:29 AM

R464 - this one? I'd never seen it before but just from your description, I *had* to look it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465July 15, 2019 12:10 AM

Thanks for posting that. I think it's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 466July 15, 2019 1:25 AM

That fucking "She Sheer She Shed" commercial is back in heavy rotation. Ugh. I hate it so much. WHAT THE FUCK EVEN IS A "SHE SHEER SHE SHED?!?"

It makes no fucking sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 467July 16, 2019 2:22 AM

This company Hempvana is advertising their latest 'hemp infused' product - it's a pillow that raises your legs to help with swelling and circulation. The big selling point is that the cover of the pillow has hemp woven in it and this will help your legs even more. Sure, Jan. I think the manufacturer is hoping that the older folks buying this confuse the hemp they used to smoke back in the with CBD oil that all of their grandkids are talking about now. Whenever this ad runs, I just shake my head at the shiftyness of it -- hemp infused fabric as the cure for swollen legs.

by Anonymousreply 468July 16, 2019 8:59 PM

Spam? In a Taco? PORK-FAVOR!!!!!

God I fucking hate that disgusting nauseating commercial.

by Anonymousreply 469July 18, 2019 3:14 AM

R467, the term is "chi-chi": "Attempting stylish elegance but achieving only an overelaborate pretentiousness."

So through her State Farm claim, Cheryl is getting an upgrade to a new, chi-chier she-shed.

I actually would watch a sitcom with those three actors playing those same roles.

by Anonymousreply 470July 18, 2019 4:34 AM

Thanks for finally explaining it, R470. But wow, that is NOT obvious from the commercial. They're saying "she-shear", not "chi-chi-er".

I even googled it, and tons of people seem to have no clue and are asking. NOBODY is getting it, and nobody explained it as simply as you just did.

by Anonymousreply 471July 18, 2019 4:47 AM

No one has ever heard "chi chi" turned into "chi chi-er" so it's not immediately recognizable. If they wanted us to understand what they mean, they'd say "more chi chi" -- but then "tons of people" would not be discussing it on Google and this would be just another insurance ad.

by Anonymousreply 472July 18, 2019 2:21 PM

The Discover Card ad where the girl is booking a diving vacation while standing in front of a glass aquarium where a big shark swims by in the background. She jokes around about not wanting to get eaten. With all the real shark attacks this year, it seems pretty insensitive.

by Anonymousreply 473July 18, 2019 2:25 PM

Quite a few going around which I find irritating.

Subaru where dad is driving with mom in the passenger seat and young kids in back. Dad turns to look at the kids, narrowly avoids a head-on collision, complete with family flashbacks, and then a tagline which is something like "Subaru with computerized crash prevention, to keep you safe". Always makes me want to scream, "Or better yet, keep your fucking eyes on the fucking road!"

AAA with mom heading to a party with kids in the back seat holding a cake when the car breaks down. As AA arrives and repairs the car, we see the young girl trying to keep the cake away from her brother who winds up shoving his hand into the cake, removing a huge chunk and then eating it. Seriously stupid and gross.

Another car commercial (I forget the company) with the car parked in the middle of Main Street, USA as "real people, not actors" swarm up and start having verbal orgasms about how nice the car looks. Worst comment is when a woman is heard saying it "looks like a piece of candy".

by Anonymousreply 474July 21, 2019 1:43 AM

Okay, this one is going back a couple of years, but it’s so fucking awful I have to still vent about it in 2019. The damn Panera Bread commercials with that broad who is trying to sound like she is eleven years old. Nails on a chalkboard. I wonder if her man makes her talk in that voice when he is fisting her hooch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475July 21, 2019 4:54 AM

Hotels.com has a gross ad where their spokesperson accosts a couple in the bathroom. The woman is in the tub, covered in bubbles, while her husband is sitting on the toilet with his pants around his knees.

by Anonymousreply 476July 21, 2019 1:58 PM

I'm _____ and I lost 50lbs. with NutriSystem!

by Anonymousreply 477July 21, 2019 2:12 PM

Here's a whole thread devoted to that hotel toilet ad, r476.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478July 21, 2019 4:23 PM

Dia---rheeee---aahhhhh tilt head

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479July 23, 2019 11:41 PM

I think the Pepto-Bismol diarrhea guy is cute as fuck. I'd like to fix HIS diarrhea by ramming my dick up his butt.

by Anonymousreply 480July 24, 2019 5:00 PM

The Progressive commercial featuring Flo's "sister" out on a date. In fact, any commercial with Flo's family. Or with Flo.

by Anonymousreply 481July 26, 2019 12:43 AM

"Jamie" is ten times worse than Flo!

The one where he's a potential stepdad is cringe inducing.

by Anonymousreply 482July 27, 2019 1:54 AM

Animal Planet is running an ad that shows various unusual animals, birds, bugs in their natural habitats. Most of it is interesting but they show this freaky animal doing a handstand to scare off its predators, then a jungle floor full of big ants that just makes me itchy and a bunch of raccoons reaching for dog food through the slats of a deck floor - their hands are creepy. The worst is this seal that blows a gigantic purple balloon-like membrane out of its nose. Blergh and gross.

by Anonymousreply 483July 28, 2019 3:57 PM

Peloton commercials all have the most frenetic music and way too much volume; each one seems to set me on edge faster than the last one. I agree with everyone here, the My Pillow man is such a creep! Everything about him from the poor dye job, the Quiana shirt, and the huge crucifix worn outside said shirt make me want to be sick.

by Anonymousreply 484July 28, 2019 7:41 PM

R483 should stay indoors (and not watch Animal Planet).

by Anonymousreply 485July 29, 2019 1:00 AM

Keep seeing this Old Spice commercial and I just don't get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486July 30, 2019 6:29 AM

Two commercials have music I actually enjoy: Humira and Comfort Inn.

by Anonymousreply 487August 3, 2019 1:16 PM

All Geico and Progressive ads should be pulled IMMEDIATELY. Especially the one with the guy with the karaoke machine in the arctic. They must run this fucker two hundred times a day!!

by Anonymousreply 488August 3, 2019 3:21 PM

Maybe we should set up a poll for which company has the most annoying commercials: Geico, Progressive or Liberty Mutual.

by Anonymousreply 489August 4, 2019 12:59 AM

[quote] Maybe we should set up a poll for which company has the most annoying commercials: Geico, Progressive or Liberty Mutual.

Why are 90% of all commercials now for car insurance? (And the other 10% are all for prescription drugs.) People don't buy new car insurance policies every day. Why must the insurance companies advertise non-stop? I'm sure insurance rates would be much lower if the insurance companies didn't spend a trillion dollars on advertising.

by Anonymousreply 490August 4, 2019 2:39 AM

Whenever I see that annoying "She Shed" commercial now, I think about that poster who said that when they first watched it, they thought the KKK had burned it down.

by Anonymousreply 491August 5, 2019 3:24 AM

Any commercial by a law firm.

by Anonymousreply 492August 5, 2019 3:55 AM

Jeremy Renner makes me want to sell my Jeep

by Anonymousreply 493August 11, 2019 3:26 PM

The Macy's back to school ad with the annoying dancing children.

by Anonymousreply 494August 11, 2019 3:30 PM

I like all the commercials with Flo!

by Anonymousreply 495August 11, 2019 5:19 PM

The Match commercial with Rebel Wilson where she keeps making this god awful noise like she's going to vomit. Listening to her makes ME want to vomit. Am I the only one who can' stand that woman?

by Anonymousreply 496August 13, 2019 12:28 AM

Ozempic... Or is it really Ozambic? The pronunciation in the re-tooled "It's Magic" music does Jive with the pronunciation of the voice over.

by Anonymousreply 497August 13, 2019 12:43 PM

^^What?

by Anonymousreply 498August 13, 2019 1:06 PM

^ meant does NOT

by Anonymousreply 499August 13, 2019 1:15 PM

So you meant “does not jibe with....”

In other words, they’re out of sync.

by Anonymousreply 500August 13, 2019 1:39 PM

Yes R500. You have not seen it then I take it? Big-Pharma BS ad campaign . They change the way the drug's trade name is pronounced to shamelessly rhyme with the lyrics (1974 song by Pilot.) They ruined a perfectly good song .

by Anonymousreply 501August 13, 2019 1:50 PM

I don’t remember if I’ve seen it or not, truth be told.

It does sound familiar though. I will now keep my eyes peeled for it.

by Anonymousreply 502August 13, 2019 1:54 PM

R500 Also no one gets/uses jibe here Stateside: here it is jive!

by Anonymousreply 503August 13, 2019 1:55 PM

Just something about this commercial which really irritates me, but not sure exactly what. Maybe it's simply the over-use, as it seems like it airs every other commercial break. The cheesey/cutesy father-daughter dancing scenes as well as the other character interaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504August 13, 2019 3:03 PM

[quote] Also no one gets/uses jibe here Stateside: here it is jive!

Absolutely not! Jibe and jive are two different words that have different meanings.

I'll bet you also say "shimmy" when the correct word is "shinny."

by Anonymousreply 505August 13, 2019 10:47 PM

There's an ad for a dental implant place which has an older AA lady and her daughter -- they speak to the camera about how incredible it is to have these teeth put in. The daughter is filmed with tears streaming down her face because of how happy she is for her mother. Then, the mother is show holding hands with the dentist and beaming as they walk through the halls of the office. Both of those scenes make me cringe - too much emotion about some teeth.

On top of that, the teeth they give her look really fake - too white and big and perfect for her age. Also, I know how much implants cost and all I can think is that this woman should have gotten some nice dentures instead of those expensive choppers.

by Anonymousreply 506August 15, 2019 8:19 PM

The one where a father and daughter are shopping for school supplies at an Office Max, and the daughter says something about Shakespeare - and just like magic, some very fey clerk pops up from around the corner and says something like, "Methinks these pens would serve milady well" or some shit. (Like there would even BE a clerk in the aisle to begin with!)

I would give anything to see the big burly dad smash his fist into this asshole's face!

by Anonymousreply 507August 16, 2019 4:46 PM

This Microsoft Surface Pro commercial. Though the guy's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508August 18, 2019 5:16 PM

The Repatha commercial at r504 really is the worst. It seems oddly racist as well,even though it is trying to come off as the opposite. It's SO WHITE! That dumb-ass father is the kind of idiot that tries too hard to prove he isn't racist that he actually seems too aware of race. The whole idea of the ad screams "look at how progressive we are" fuck, it's 2019 not 2004.

by Anonymousreply 509August 19, 2019 1:23 AM

"Methinks these pens would serve milady well" or some shit.

I hate that guy. I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 510August 19, 2019 2:59 AM

R510 that guy most likely looks like Hugh Grant down and out. Having to take that job as long as they didnt know he 's a sex offender

by Anonymousreply 511August 19, 2019 10:27 AM

Agree with R509. We get it - your white daughter is marrying a black dude and you're SO okay with it - dancing with grandma, clowning with the groom's dad, photobombing the happy couple, etc. SO modern and progressive!

He'll have his heart attack in a few years after the daughter has had three kids with Devonte, who is out of a job and has another baby mama on the side.

by Anonymousreply 512August 19, 2019 3:33 PM

I freakin hate the noom commercials. “ I even cut out bread and pasta for like a day “ wow that’s like hard core willpower. I’m sorry and they play it on Hulu like 17 times an hour.

by Anonymousreply 513August 20, 2019 7:07 AM

These new commercials are so obnoxious and vague “ I even cut out bread and pasta for a day” Wow that is some crazy will power the whole day? And they play at like 17 times an hour on Hulu .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514August 20, 2019 7:14 AM

They play this obnoxious Noom commercial like 17 times an hour on Hulu . Aside from being incredibly vague, the part where the lady says “ I even cut out bread and pasta for a day “ ( wow that is some crazy ass will power)... Makes me crazy every time I hear it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515August 20, 2019 7:19 AM

John Legend sitting at the piano and singing about some product called Pitera... something in a bottle, some new water? I refuse to Google that shite.

by Anonymousreply 516August 21, 2019 2:47 AM

R516 I always wonder how much money celebs get for doing these commercials. I mean, did that amount to a new property or luxury car for John Legend, or bling for his annoying wife? Is he nonchalant about the money? Like, a days' work that nets him six figures, meh?

by Anonymousreply 517August 21, 2019 3:05 AM

That fucking, TEDIOUS CHANTIX 'SLOW TURKEY' BULLSHIT COMMERCIAL. JESUS PETE!!!!! I swear if I hear that chugging, boring guitar music any more I will shoot the fucking television.

by Anonymousreply 518August 21, 2019 3:23 PM

That old boxer wearing geezer asking, "Has anybody seen my pants?"

by Anonymousreply 519August 22, 2019 6:34 PM

I like the Chantix turkey R518, and it always makes me wonder what on earth happened in his life that made him take up smoking in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 520August 23, 2019 5:07 AM

Kim Crawford Chardonnay commercials. Not only is the music annoying, the women and their facial expressions are insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 521August 23, 2019 5:28 AM

The HurryCane commercial with the two old New York geezer Pacino and DeNiro wannabe's sitting on a park bench. DeNiro is telling Pacino his cane is old fashioned, and he needs to get out of the Stone Age. Then a "hot" old lady walks by, and DeNiro's able to jump up and catch her because his HurryCane's not from the Stone Age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522August 23, 2019 4:38 PM

The one for GrubHub where the wild-eyed bipolar guy has an episode and orders everything from every restaurant on the app. Then he just sits and looks at his order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523August 23, 2019 4:44 PM

The Dr. Pepper commercial. "It's good to treat you!" The guy looks like the son of Chris Elliot. Is Justin Guarini's run as Lil Sweet over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 26, 2019 5:07 PM

The ad for a phone service (I think) where a girl is on a date in a secluded Lovers Lane type place and it becomes clear that her whole family is along for the ride. The dad looks just like Tracy Morgan and the girl they got to be the daughter has a big nose just like him. It ends with it being shown that even the grandparents are along, and the grandpa spits out the line "cut your hair, hippie!" at the girls date. So mean.

by Anonymousreply 525August 26, 2019 6:01 PM

That street musician singing, "I paid the price....for loving you..." and then some talking owl shows up and tells him to get cheaper glasses.

by Anonymousreply 526August 26, 2019 6:57 PM

I want to drop-kick that fucking owl into the next county. Has anyone noticed that the owl sounds just like Norm MacDonald?

by Anonymousreply 527August 26, 2019 8:02 PM

The people in the dental implant commercials all look like poor white trash, so I wonder how they're paying for a mouth full of implanted teeth (which my dentist says cost thousands of dollars). Dental insurance isn't cheap and usually doesn't offer great benefits -- besides, these people look like the kind who often don't even have medical insurance, let alone dental insurance. I'll bet the implant company offers to provide the fake teeth for free if the patient will appear in these horrible commercials (that will run forever) without being paid. Where's Mike Wallace when we need him?!

by Anonymousreply 528August 28, 2019 12:38 AM

The Plexaderm ads have got to feature the homeliest people on television.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 529August 28, 2019 1:08 AM

The Keeps hair loss commercial with the guy with the fucked up nose. I don't care if you have hair or not, I can't look at your weird face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530August 28, 2019 1:41 AM

Anyone else hate that resort commercial with this song: "Yeah, we're all about a good time.....yeah we're all about a good life......" etc etc.

I HAAAAAAATE IT. Which of course means it has been and will be on forever and ever. Who is that chick singer, and how much money is she making from that incessant commercial?

by Anonymousreply 531August 29, 2019 1:01 AM

If I see that stupid blonde bitch beating on her counter yelling "Andy Andy Andy Andy Andy" one more time I am going to rip my ears off and gouge my eyes out. I don't even know what the commercial is for because I almost injure myself diving for the mute button. I can't imagine what company thinks that could possibly persuade anyone to buy their product.

by Anonymousreply 532August 29, 2019 1:43 AM

The law firm of Morgan & Morgan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533August 29, 2019 1:54 AM

The frauiest frau of all fraus has got to be the daughter on the commercial for Watchman (what a name) implant. The minivan, the daughter named Emma , the whiniest of voices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 29, 2019 9:30 AM

There’s one I see on Bravo with an old lesbian. I think it’s Downey. She sniffs her laundry then morphs into a DJ with a weird pose. Then walks the hallway of a high school grabbing the cheek of a girl as she walks by. The old lesbian has a square face. Very weird.

by Anonymousreply 535August 29, 2019 10:52 AM

Any number of them where some Frau declares that she "nailed it" by feeding her family some frozen food, or shoving a yogurt into her kid's lunchbox.

The California Closets commercial where a couple declares that they downsized and needed storage, then they show their closet which is bigger than most NY apartments.

by Anonymousreply 536September 3, 2019 10:01 AM

Oh my god, yes, heating up a Red Baron frozen pizza is "nailing it."

by Anonymousreply 537September 3, 2019 12:49 PM

And the thought of her milk soaked sock makes me gag. Use a paper towel you lazy bitch!

by Anonymousreply 538September 4, 2019 1:49 AM

Someone needs to slap that child in the Chase commercial. So much mugging and some really bad dancing. That little shit with fake glasses would never win a competition.

by Anonymousreply 539September 10, 2019 11:18 PM

I'm sorry, but I dive for the remote to mute the commercial where Alex meets Caleb and takes him on a tour of Shriners Hospital.

by Anonymousreply 540September 11, 2019 12:14 AM

That horrible series of Aamco ads in which harebrained frauen make noises like roosters when telling mechanics what's wrong with their cars.

by Anonymousreply 541September 11, 2019 1:47 AM

Little Miss Sunshine and the "What's a computer?" girl need to meet in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 542September 11, 2019 10:15 AM

This ambulance chaser ad, featuring the most mismatched couple I've ever seen, makes me laugh inappropriately. There's just so much to unwrap with this one: the "Final Destination"-esque car-from-nowhere trope. The earnest actress going for an Emmy. And the, um, "actor"(?) playing her much-smaller "boyfriend", looking like he doesn't understand a single word she's saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543September 11, 2019 10:40 AM

That is hilarious r543 a community college somewhere is missing an actress.

by Anonymousreply 544September 11, 2019 11:40 AM

Don't be sorry, R540 -- nothing against sick kids, but this smacks of exploitation rather than compassion.

by Anonymousreply 545September 11, 2019 12:22 PM

[quote]Little Miss Sunshine and the "What's a computer?" girl need to meet in a grease fire.

Save some room for the “what does the dishwasher do?” chick.

by Anonymousreply 546September 11, 2019 1:10 PM

[quote]There's just so much to unwrap with this one

*eyeroll*

by Anonymousreply 547September 11, 2019 1:10 PM

🎶 "Limu Emuuuuuuuu!" 🎶

God, it just hurts my ears.

Funny how the same commercials run forever and ever now. I feel like in the old days, they'd get changed up more frequently.

by Anonymousreply 548September 13, 2019 9:24 PM

I want to fuck Limu Emu's partner Doug

by Anonymousreply 549September 13, 2019 10:09 PM

Rather do limu instead

by Anonymousreply 550September 14, 2019 2:02 AM

Man that tv is big as you

by Anonymousreply 551September 21, 2019 12:05 PM

Whoever greenlit that horrible musical ad for Tide Pureclean needs to be shot

by Anonymousreply 552September 21, 2019 12:31 PM

Imagine the pitch meeting for "Limu Emu" - blech.

by Anonymousreply 553September 21, 2019 7:01 PM

The Busy Phillips Old Navy ad with that annoying face she makes. There's also something really smug about how she says "Made a whole career out of it, babe." What has she ever done in her career that warrants being called a weirdo? The only things I know her from are Dawson's Creek, Freaks and Geeks and the White Chicks movie. It's not like she's Aubrey Plaza or something.

by Anonymousreply 554September 21, 2019 7:55 PM

Cooper, did you eat all your treats?

by Anonymousreply 555September 23, 2019 8:24 AM

R555, Cooper is being accused of eating OLIVER'S treats -- he's ashamed and looks guilty because he knows it's true.

by Anonymousreply 556September 23, 2019 11:49 AM

What bothers me in that ad is the millisecond gap between the time the frau says "your" and "treats." It comes out as "Cooper, did you eat all your…treats?" It's minor, to be sure, but once you realize that gap is there, you can never unheard it.

by Anonymousreply 557September 23, 2019 3:45 PM

^^Or unhear it, even. ^^

by Anonymousreply 558September 23, 2019 3:56 PM

R557, the woman is not saying "your treats", she's saying "Oliver's treats": "Cooper, did you eat Oliver's treats?". That's why Cooper is hiding his head in shame, because he wasn't supposed to eat Oliver's treats -- he wouldn't need to be ashamed of eating his own treats.

by Anonymousreply 559September 24, 2019 12:55 AM

R559: You're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 560September 24, 2019 6:46 AM

Was in Canada a week ago, saw those terrible Jon Hamm skip the dishes commercials. Wanted to throw a dish at his fat head.

by Anonymousreply 561September 24, 2019 6:57 AM

[quote]Was in Canada a week ago, saw those terrible Jon Hamm skip the dishes commercials. Wanted to throw a dish at his fat head.

Which fat head?

by Anonymousreply 562September 25, 2019 12:54 AM

I wish it was his lower fat head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563September 25, 2019 12:57 AM

[Quote]the woman is not saying "your treats", she's saying "Oliver's treats": "Cooper, did you eat Oliver's treats?". That's why Cooper is hiding his head in shame, because he wasn't supposed to eat Oliver's treats -- he wouldn't need to be ashamed of eating his own treats.

I just saw that ad again. No WAY does she say "Oliver." She very distinctly pronounces the word "your." And that micro-hesitation between the words "your" and "treats" is as annoying as it ever was. I hope Cooper chews her fucking face off in her sleep.

by Anonymousreply 564September 25, 2019 7:34 AM

[Quote]the woman is not saying "your treats", she's saying "Oliver's treats": "Cooper, did you eat Oliver's treats?". That's why Cooper is hiding his head in shame, because he wasn't supposed to eat Oliver's treats -- he wouldn't need to be ashamed of eating his own treats.

I just saw that ad again. No WAY does she say "Oliver." She very distinctly pronounces the word "your." And that micro-hesitation between the words "your" and "treats" is as annoying as it ever was. I hope Cooper chews her fucking face off in her sleep.

by Anonymousreply 565September 25, 2019 7:34 AM

R60 they're now running the one called "Bad Job" with that person who some say looks like an upgrade of soap and Lifetime frau movie actor Robert Scott Wilson.

Those new McDonald's coffee commercials.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566September 25, 2019 8:14 AM

The new Geico ad with the two women in an apartment, with a witch as a third wheel. It's creepy when the witch turns one of the women into a cat. The CGI is freaky.

by Anonymousreply 567October 2, 2019 10:54 PM

Another stupid-sounding millennial mumbling ecstatically about Panera's new 'Warm Grain Bowls', which she pronounces like 'graimbowl'. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 568October 3, 2019 3:39 PM

R568, the previous Panera announcerette must have finally grown up and no longer sounds like a wistful, breathy 13 year old -- so they've had to hire a new annoying girl to gush over their mediocre food.

by Anonymousreply 569October 3, 2019 8:31 PM

The Amazon prime "Ave Maria" commercial. OK, I get that Dad is wearing noise cancelling headphones, but I really don't want to hear eight bars of "Ave Maria" THIRTY FUCKING TIMES A DAY!

by Anonymousreply 570October 6, 2019 11:35 PM

[quote]Oliver's treats?".

Just one punctuation mark is enough.

by Anonymousreply 571October 7, 2019 1:33 PM

Are you sure, R571? The full sentence states that the woman is saying "Cooper, did you eat Oliver's treats?". The question mark is needed to show that the woman is asking a question, and the period is needed to show the end of the sentence that describes what the woman is saying. I do think that it looks cluttered, but I don't think that it's incorrect.

R571, are you Cooper trying to deflect attention from your gluttony in eating poor Oliver's treats?

by Anonymousreply 572October 7, 2019 9:45 PM

It is incorrect, r572.

by Anonymousreply 573October 8, 2019 12:32 PM

that 5 minute plexaderm commercial. who in the fuck wants to see that for five minutes seeing those fugs poisoning themselves. first they said they tested on their dad, then its a friend.

by Anonymousreply 574October 11, 2019 12:13 AM

Dennis Quaid looks incredibly sheepish in those commercials for whatever it is. So much so that they made his obvious embarrassment the joke of the commercial.

We get it Dennis, you're a movie star but the money was nice. No shame in it. Well, maybe a little bit of shame. But is it too hard to even pretend to believe in the product, just a little bit?

by Anonymousreply 575October 12, 2019 11:58 PM

That male co-host in the infomercial for that product r574 has to be gay?

by Anonymousreply 576October 13, 2019 12:42 AM

You could tell some gullible, young millennial who just got hired in those advertisements for the cruise commercials was one to pick White Rabbit of all songs to promote their cruise line. Probably heard their grandparents listening to it on their CD player when they were younger and noticed it was Alice in Wonderland related and asked about it and to keep it safe and pc they just shortened it....”well it’s about going on a trip.” They ended it on that note, didn’t say another word, so in a way they weren’t exactly lying but the kid took it literally and here we are watching it on a cruise commercial all because grandpa didn’t want them knowing what that song was really about. Oh well still beats a slowed down version with a raspy voiced female covering White Rabbit like......well like every other commercial out there.

by Anonymousreply 577October 21, 2019 4:54 AM

The lone entertaining Limu Emu commercial is the "key to the city" spot. I get a kick out of Lady Emu (Limu in drag) seated in the audience dressed to the nines in a blonde wig, pearls, shades, and a yellow polka dot pussycat-bow blouse.

I hate the scene in the latest Wayfair ad in which the little bitch snatches the package, saying "I'll take that!"

by Anonymousreply 578October 21, 2019 7:25 AM

Jesus R577, you over-think worse than I do!

by Anonymousreply 579October 22, 2019 4:45 PM

WTF. is going on with Macy xmas commercial with that little girl who wanted to be Santa. Give me a break. Ooh we believe women should be able to be Santa so buy our shit

by Anonymousreply 580November 13, 2019 6:02 AM

r559 What I hear is "Did you eat all of yours treats?" Oh, dear.

r572 No period. Don't need one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581November 13, 2019 7:34 AM

Those fucking Medicare Advantage Plan commercials with a shriveled-up, turtle-y looking Joe Namath yammering on incredulously about home-delivered meals and transport to doctor appointments, etc. Really pathetic. This guy was very studly and successful back in the day. And now he's flogging this crap. It makes me want to rip my own head off so I don't have to listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 582November 14, 2019 5:08 PM

That Chevrolet guy who stars in those disgusting "real people, not actors" ads is now appearing in a new commercial where he asks "Who talks to even more people than me?", than announces some survey that shows (surprise!) Chevy as the most popular car ever! So we can add the grammatical error (should be "more than I do", asshole!) to the sins of Chevrolet and its drippy spokesman. Will it ever end?!

by Anonymousreply 583November 19, 2019 12:06 AM

The Yoplait ads with mothers yelling: She's becoming an independent child! Please, god, make it stop.

by Anonymousreply 584November 19, 2019 2:46 PM

R561 R563 No one is throwing ANY dishes at Jon Hamm's fat head.

by Anonymousreply 585November 19, 2019 2:49 PM

I watch shows on Animal Planet and HGTV and any time you watch anything on those channels, they run the promos for other shows to DEATH.

I have most of the Crikey It's The Irwins! ads memorized at this point.

by Anonymousreply 586November 19, 2019 2:51 PM

This one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587November 20, 2019 3:45 AM

The Enterprise ads with Kristen Bell - I hate the husky voice she puts on when she says "sometimes Mama wants to drive like a mother" while looking into the camera.

by Anonymousreply 588November 22, 2019 11:06 PM

The people (primarily women) who wax orgasmic all over the snow-covered front yard when presented with a new car under a giant bow on Xmas morning must be as shallow as they are tiresome -- and so loud, squealing shrilly outdoors when the neighbors are trying to sleep or celebrate with their own families.

by Anonymousreply 589November 24, 2019 1:16 AM

Already sick of this commercial and Christmas is still a month away. Enough, Zachary Levi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 590November 24, 2019 1:24 AM

The man who buys 2 new cars, 1 for him and 1 for her -- she runs to the car that he got for himself, gushing sweetly "I LOVE IT!!!", and he eventually lets her keep it for the sake of peace in the family. But first he says hesitantly "Actually..." and she senses that he wants her to take the other car, so she swiftly turns to face him, body stiffening with her back against the car and arms outstretched to shield it from him, eyes flashing, voice snarling "I-L O V E-IT!" -- she's turning into a ferocious she-wolf right there in front of him (and us), as if she were defending her cubs against a predator. All over a boxy looking car that's not even sporty, just another boring black SUV. Gotta hand it to the actress for such a convincing transformation, but what a disgusting couple -- she's a fire-breathing dragon and he's a pussy-whipped spineless puddle of goo. This is at least the second year I've seen this pathetic display and it's a sad commentary on American family life -- not cute, just depressing.

by Anonymousreply 591November 26, 2019 10:18 PM

^^Isn't that just an affirmation of what most guys on here feel about women? You should love this one.

by Anonymousreply 592November 26, 2019 10:25 PM

Oops: didn't mean to post that.

by Anonymousreply 593November 26, 2019 10:27 PM

Just saw that they have recast the kids in the Kars for Kids ad with an even worse group of no neck little monsters.

by Anonymousreply 594November 27, 2019 9:52 AM

the Jared ads are always unctuous, but the holiday ones with the singing trio are especially vomit-inducing.

by Anonymousreply 595November 28, 2019 1:14 AM

The Hershey Kiss holiday handbell commercial from hell is back.

by Anonymousreply 596November 28, 2019 1:46 AM

Will someone call the shriners whenever their commercial comes on and complain why they keep showing long commercials and torment us with that 40 yr old midget and his mini me kid. Here's. My call. "Yes I like to strangle that midget with that Adorable Blanket"

by Anonymousreply 597December 4, 2019 10:50 AM

^and put him out of his misery

by Anonymousreply 598December 4, 2019 10:51 AM

r594 Mendacity!

by Anonymousreply 599December 6, 2019 3:24 AM

Oh god, r595, that one is AWFUL. "Even though we just started dating..." I'm going to give you an expensive piece of jewelry at Christmas and ask you to commit. Is that really supposed to be romantic? I want to tell that woman to run!

by Anonymousreply 600December 6, 2019 8:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!