Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Commercials you're hating in 2019

As requested - continuation of the 2018 thread

by Anonymousreply 1428 hours ago

The DNA test commercial (Ancestry.com?) where the lady screams, “I thought I married an Italian!” Her and her husband seem ashamed when they find out through the DNA test that he’s really Eastern European. That commercial creeps me out so bad.

by Anonymousreply 102/09/2019

FIVE NINETY NINE, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

by Anonymousreply 202/09/2019

r1, My biggest problem with that commercial is near the end when the husband picks up the picture of his ancestor and says "yes, he looks a little like me." NO idiot! He came first, you look like him, not the other way around.

Damn Millennials are dumb.

by Anonymousreply 302/10/2019

The one where the hag in the grocery store invades the personal space of a younger female shopper in the produce department to the point of inhaling her hair and telling her she smells like her dead husband. Step off, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 402/10/2019

I started off hating it, but the commercial with Progressive's Flo attending a big party at her co-worker Jamie's house is making me laugh. It is so outrageous to have him living in a huge McMansion with a gorgeous wife and several blond happy kids and he can sing like Gomer Pyle as he strums his guitar.

"She is so tiny, like a little child."

"Flo" is showing up as one of the wife's friends on "The Goldberg's."

by Anonymousreply 502/10/2019

I’ve been hating these TD Ameritrade commercials since 2018, that feature this smarmy, over the hill, bearded hipster douche.

by Anonymousreply 602/10/2019

I hate the Rexulti commercial where the "Good Works Kitchen" volunteers have their long hair hanging down while they're handling food. "They're getting a free lunch. Fuck 'em if they can't take a little hair."

Also, the main frau has one of those weird flat faces with vast expanses of lifeless skin, giving the appearance of an artist's rendition of what an unidentified murder victim looked like in life.

by Anonymousreply 702/10/2019

"On an island called Paradishe at a plashe callt AT-LANT-ish!"

by Anonymousreply 802/10/2019

Local for NYers -- the WCBS ads that feature an annoying Country-Western sounding jingle that demand viewers to "listen to Lonnie" for the weather. Then it shows weatherman Lonnie Quinn staring at screens, scribbling on pads, talking to underlings like a busy bee and we better "listen" to his forecast or else. I hate how they conflate the importance of the weatherman, who all he does is get his info from the National Weather Service and relays it to viewers, but they make it sound like Lonnie is the only man who gets the right info. And he never looks humble.

by Anonymousreply 902/11/2019

Is he at least cute and gay r9?

by Anonymousreply 1002/11/2019

That Asian woman in that Discovery Card Cash Back commercial annoys the FUCK out of me. "I'm getting my moneeey!" Somebody smack her!

by Anonymousreply 1102/11/2019

The new Dior ad with Natalie Portman. Terrible in every way, and it uses that horrific Sia song "Chandelier" which makes me want to throw something through the TV.

by Anonymousreply 1202/11/2019

Judge for yourself R10

by Anonymousreply 1302/11/2019

That Duke's Mayonnaise commercial with that PBS bitch, Vivian-something-or-other.

I cringe whenever it comes on and can't change the channel fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 1402/11/2019

I just watched the WCBS weatherman ad linked by R13 and I fuckin' LOVE it! If that catchy song were released as a single, I'd buy it.

by Anonymousreply 1502/12/2019

"I'm 65 and take medications." Congratufuckinlations. Are you taking something for that freakish alien head?

by Anonymousreply 1602/12/2019

Poshmark with the grimacing ugly long hair blonde saying she made bank

by Anonymousreply 1702/12/2019

The Match.com commercial with the girl named Courtney. The vocal fry and hipster porkpie hat annoy me no end. "I like nice guys - come fiiiiiiiiiiiiiind meeeeeeeeee". Needy much?

by Anonymousreply 1802/12/2019

The sound of this kid's voice makes me want to kick a puppy. I hate this commercial. A lot.

by Anonymousreply 1902/12/2019

God yes R11, that one. I want to kick her in the crotch.

by Anonymousreply 2002/12/2019

I hated those Shriner's hospital ones, but thanks to a thread here about them they make me laugh. Every time I see the little blond wheelchair kid I think of Eve Harrington. The new cute cripple kid on the block.

by Anonymousreply 2102/12/2019

Oh, I hate those douchey TD Ameritrade commercials. When the revolution comes and we eat the rich, those guys are first on the list.

by Anonymousreply 2202/12/2019

Maddie and her mom in the hershey’s Miniatures ad.

by Anonymousreply 2302/12/2019

r13, well he has a little girl but I didn't see a frau anywhere around, however, he does wear a wedding ring.

Maybe he's gay married? I have no clue.

He is cute though, especially for a 55 year old.

by Anonymousreply 2402/12/2019

The Luke Wilson toothpaste commercial is beyond annoying and he’s not that good looking to have all those extreme close-ups.

by Anonymousreply 2502/12/2019

Any commercial for a Rebel Wilson movie that involves a scene with her tripping and falling. Unfortunately, she has a movie coming out soon and we are being bombarded with the TV ads with just this scene. The heavy person stumbling and falling has never been that funny but they keep throwing it in movies.

by Anonymousreply 2602/13/2019

The ones with bi-racial couples laughing in slow-motion during breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 2702/13/2019

On the "love" side, I have major hots for the guy in glasses with the full Jewish mouth who does the "Nope" to all things traffic as he drives backwards and gets a Lyft. Hot guy, good actor.

by Anonymousreply 2802/13/2019

R25,. I must say I love the choices the delivery guy makes at the end when Luke tells him there's no such thing as too close. "Yes, there is..." and then that little sighed "Okaaay..." He could get a sitcom out of this ad like Jim Parsons did.

by Anonymousreply 2902/13/2019

I think it's a paper towel commercial (Bounty) where someone spills or drops food in slow motion with a long "nooooooooo." OMFG I have to mute the fucking thing, it annoys me the fuck out.

by Anonymousreply 3002/13/2019

R30 I just can't stand that pirate demon child. I like to back hand that little cunt if she'd stab me in the ass. Can't change the channel fast enough

by Anonymousreply 3102/13/2019

There's a current one for Activia which shows close-ups of women's bellies, with the implication that if you eat the product, you get will get nice abs. I noticed that in a lot of yogurt commercials - eat their stuff and you become slim and athletic. Even Activia, whose real selling point is that it will keep you regular but they put emphasis on outward physical appearance, not your doody schedule. Even these foreign Activia ads follow the "get thin!" story line.

by Anonymousreply 3202/13/2019

This belongs in the Shriners thread but I hate the insidious sliding-in of Kaleb while Alec became a mere dot on the horizon in our rearview mirrors. I was old enough and aware enough to know that I was being groomed by dark forces, but what could I do?

By the time they dropped the bomb and audaciously exposed what they had done to us by showing Alec rolling up to Kaleb and grunting, "hey kid, come with me and help me look for my lost puppy.....I'll give you $5 and a pack of Camels" while winking at Kaleb's mother, my will to resist had been broken.

It's official: the kind is dead, long live the king!

by Anonymousreply 3302/13/2019

All the Nulasta commercials ....they all have the dog, the nice back yard, nice patio furniture, caring spouse, long gaze at trees....

by Anonymousreply 3402/13/2019

Those stupid AT&T ones with the voiceover going “JUST OKRRR IS NOT OKAAYYY”

ugh

That and that chase commercial with that terrible Havana song. I’d rather hear Mambo #5 on an infinite loops forever than that fucking song again

by Anonymousreply 3502/13/2019

R30 hasn’t had a tv for 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 3602/13/2019

Pepsi is not OKrrrrrrrr!

by Anonymousreply 3702/13/2019

The snack chip one with the Backstreet Boys and some rapper with no personality. I saw it during SNL and thought it was one of their parodies. Are they so hard up for money they need to shill chips?

by Anonymousreply 3802/13/2019

I want to stab Cardi B in the eyes, rip of her wig, and stuff it up her twat.

by Anonymousreply 3902/13/2019

This is a radio ad, but really unparalleled in its 2002 faux-ghetto horribleness.

by Anonymousreply 4002/13/2019

This Dish Network ad with the horrible southern frau and her mascot bulldog

by Anonymousreply 4102/13/2019

Juvederm w Big Freedia's "Karaoke".

Absolutely vile.

by Anonymousreply 4202/13/2019

The Truvada commercial that throws in a black woman along with the gay and transgender spokesmodels just because black women have high HIV rates, even though you know black women IRL aren't taking it!!!!

by Anonymousreply 4302/13/2019

The antivaping commercials with puppets, especially the fog horn one.

by Anonymousreply 4402/13/2019

That Chick Fil A one where that frau-cunt (Jenna or something) declares that her favorite part of the chicken club sandwich is the TOASTED BUN. Really? The bun? And something about how if you bite slowly, you can LITERALLY taste every layer of the sandwich. HATE. IT.

by Anonymousreply 4502/13/2019

If I see that little fag Alex from Shriners I'm on my screen one more time! Hes gonna be in the hospital!

by Anonymousreply 4602/13/2019

The one with the kid who asks, 'What does the dishwasher do?' after she says her mom prewashes the dishes.

She annoys the crap out of me.

by Anonymousreply 4702/13/2019

The Progressive commercial that shows an adult acting like a baby and then says “Grow up! Get your own damn insurance!” Way to be condescending and talk down to your audience!

by Anonymousreply 4802/13/2019

Eva Longoria pronouncing "Hy a la ron ic Acid" in the L'Oreal commercial.

by Anonymousreply 4902/14/2019

There's a Geoffrey Fieger Law commercial that plays around the clock in the Detroit area. "Not Giving Innnnnn...." is the song that is played and it's annoying AF. Fieger looks creepy and the commercials are a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 5002/14/2019

That 7-Up commercial with Geoffrey Holder.

by Anonymousreply 5102/14/2019

The Indeed job site background music makes me want to stick a knife in my ears.

by Anonymousreply 5202/14/2019

I can't stand the kid asking "what does the dishwasher do" either.

by Anonymousreply 5302/14/2019

Ha, R42, I used to hate that commercial, too. Then a few months ago, my sister's dog died, and that cat-hating person started bonding with my cat. Now, whenever she comes out here from Houston for a visit, the first thing she does is look for my cat, and they do this dance together to that Juvederm/Big Freedia song: "MinkaMinkaMinkaMinka Minka cat/MinkaMinkaMinkaMinka Minka cat." Over and over. It's kind of cute, actually. So that commercial has grown on me!

by Anonymousreply 5402/14/2019

It's a radio ad (don't know if it's on TV too), but the goddamn Jennifer Garner Capital One ad. "Hello, Ms. Garner, this is your wake up call." "Oh, thank you...but while I have you on the phone," Bitch, no!! I'm not staying on the fucking phone to hear you talk about the benefits of Capital One. I have a REAL job and other guests. She seems like the type to actually do that. She grates on me to no end.

by Anonymousreply 5502/14/2019

Aw r54, I had a Minka puss too!

by Anonymousreply 5602/14/2019

On my internet cable provider there are commercials for the show Black-ish that are sponsored by milk. Which seems so wrong, the whitest substance promoting a show called Black-ish, coffee I can imagine, but milk?

by Anonymousreply 5702/14/2019

The new Geico spot with the pig in the car squealing "Whee, wee, WHEEE!" all the way home is so annoying I have to mute that shit. I'm talking Kars 4 Kids annoying!

by Anonymousreply 5802/14/2019

r58, sadly there's nothing new about that commercial.

But you're right about it being super annoying.

by Anonymousreply 5902/14/2019

EVERY goddam Liberty Mutual commercial all shot in front of a phony Statue of Liberty backdrop especially the witness protection ones..."Hi Mr Landry!" Fuck you Mr. Landry.

by Anonymousreply 6002/14/2019

R47 I tease my partner with that commercial because he does the something too. I want to make that a ringtone for him

by Anonymousreply 6102/14/2019

Minka is gorgeous, R54.

by Anonymousreply 6202/14/2019

Ok, the Stella Artrois commercials with Carrie and the Dude forgoing their usual alcoholic drinks for the beer are annoying.

by Anonymousreply 6302/15/2019

Crocodiles crawling around outside the "real" people (not actors) in the Chevy commercial is maybe the stupidest thing I have ever seen on TV.

by Anonymousreply 6402/15/2019

"What does the dishwasher do?"

Well, sweetie, let's see, can you fit inside it? Let's take the drawer out...now try....

by Anonymousreply 6502/15/2019

[quote]Crocodiles crawling around outside the "real" people (not actors) in the Chevy commercial is maybe the stupidest thing I have ever seen on TV.

Oh dear God, yes!

by Anonymousreply 6602/19/2019

The Bernie for President ads have already begun...

by Anonymousreply 6702/19/2019

That stupid Pizza Hut that uses, "Baby Got Back". I hate it all- the bulgy eyes, the Oh Ma Ga, the crossed eyes and the hip flick. ARGH.

by Anonymousreply 6802/19/2019

Not sure which crap restaurant it is, but the one with the original Dion recording of "Runaround Sue" - what does a song by a lovelorn guy warning other guys about a slut who can’t be trusted have to do with takeout food?

by Anonymousreply 6902/19/2019

Big fat Mimi and her milquetoast brother, in that JUUL commercial that looks like it was filmed in a cheap motel. Mimi: "I'm a pain! I'm a 'little sister!'" Mimi also inflicts her vocal fry and dismissive tone upon her viewers who, despite what she assumes, don't find her cute or delightful.

by Anonymousreply 7002/20/2019

ALL of the Farmer's Only commercials. All of them. Trumpkins in love. Shoot them now.

by Anonymousreply 7102/20/2019

Those seriously stupid dumbasses on every goddamn SONIC commercial. I used to like their food but would never patronize them again.

by Anonymousreply 7202/20/2019

The crocodiles are "real' too. they should eat the people who make the fucking commercial.

by Anonymousreply 7302/20/2019

PURPLE BRICK. ‘Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 7402/20/2019

Exactly WHY do the Discover card commercials feature "twins" talking to each other on the phone? It's so annoyingly nonsensical.

by Anonymousreply 7502/20/2019

That annoying woman who shows off her pee absorbing underwear.

by Anonymousreply 7602/20/2019

Bad enough I have to endure being "attaqued" by Shaq in almost every other commercial, but now they have added his Shakespearean prowess to a "General Insurance" commercial and he can't even get the quote right.

Is there anyone in the civilized world who can't quote: "To be or not to be, that is the question."

Why, yes there is and it is on full display as Shaq acts out the quote. Unfortunately, he says:

"To be or not to be.......THEREFORE..." Before they cut him off.

by Anonymousreply 7702/21/2019

The one where the computer generated fuzzy things go "Hi-eeeeee" then go "Bye-eeeeeee".

by Anonymousreply 7802/21/2019

This one for Classico pasta sauce, airing here in Canada, I think it's a couple of years old but it's been in heavy rotation lately. Hip-hop grannies - how original!!

by Anonymousreply 7902/21/2019

Liberty Mutual--the fucking theme song, all of it. And those car insurance commercials featuring Oscar winner and money whore what's-his-name, who also showed his ass on OZ.

by Anonymousreply 8002/21/2019

The singing insurance thing at the piano. And btw, now that Geico is too cheap to make new commercials, are all those actors now getting residuals again? They'd fucking better be.

by Anonymousreply 8102/21/2019

I hate Marie Osmond in Nutri System!

by Anonymousreply 8202/21/2019

The cottage cheese commercial from Daisy.

by Anonymousreply 8302/21/2019

Wells Fargo "My New Favorite Thing I Think I'm in Love" Propel card commercial with the pizza delivery to the pool that cuts to the dancing couple in headphones that knock over a lamp and fear they've awakened their infant.

by Anonymousreply 8402/21/2019

That fucking Venus commercial for women's shavers where they have a bunch of really ugly deformed and tatooed women shaving their pits and their arms. Freedom to be you! I need to avert my eyes before the one with the spotted skin starts shaving her pits.

by Anonymousreply 8502/21/2019

Awww, thanks, R62. She's a shameless flirt, never met a stranger. I'm happy to have her in my life.

by Anonymousreply 8602/21/2019

Jesus Lord, that horrific commercial for some eczema prescription drug, where all the random objects in life suddenly sprout itchy worms, maggots, and I don't know what all else because I change the channel the second it comes on.

I get the creepy crawlies just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 8702/21/2019

Some of you list commercials you’ve either made up or haven’t seen in years. Dumb bastards.

by Anonymousreply 8802/22/2019

I hate cable commercials. Now that you pay each station to get it thru your cable they rarely play "commercials", they run promos for their own shows. Try watching a show on Logo and you get the same god damn RuPaul DragRace promo every six minutes

by Anonymousreply 8902/22/2019

R89 the rupaul commercial where the one queen says “go back to party city where you belong”. And then some gargantuan black queen says “get your nuts out of my face!”.

by Anonymousreply 9002/22/2019

I'm old enough to remember cable being sold as commercial-free, since you paid for it every month.

by Anonymousreply 9102/22/2019

PAN PAN PAN PAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!

by Anonymousreply 9202/22/2019

The pizza commercial where the man and woman slam their faces down on the table to see the thin crust of the pizza.

Eww.

by Anonymousreply 9302/22/2019

Oh my god, that new Pepsi commercial with that tarted up chick (no idea who the fuck it is, I'm old) saying "OKRRRRRRRRRRR" instead of "okay".

UGH, so fucking annoying I just want to smack the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 9402/24/2019

All car commercials.

by Anonymousreply 9502/24/2019

The one where the women are all having panic attacks depicted as huge metal plates coming out of their bodies. Seriously? Showing the woman sobbing in her car? Gawd. Grow up. We don't need to have all your issues shoved in our faces. I'm eating.

Has the word dignity become a hate crime?

by Anonymousreply 9602/24/2019

The Depends commercial with the guy that looks way too much like Jerry Sandusky to me. Also, he is such a large guy I picture him just filling that ugly grey diaper up with a gallon of piss while he is out hiking with his family. There is also a spot they are showing for Ari Melber's show with Donnie Deustch laughing hysterically at Ari quoting some rap lyric. Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 9702/24/2019

That couple in the Geico gecko yard sale ad. "If it's in the yard--it's for sale."

Like that's even a thing? Get the fuck off my property!

by Anonymousreply 9802/24/2019

The kitty litter "stink face" spot. Makes me want to drown the woman with the face AND the cat.

by Anonymousreply 9902/26/2019

Who's the fat lady in the booth in the new Pepsi commercial with Cardi B.?

by Anonymousreply 10002/27/2019

Can't stand that dignity health where they are doing a football game and having some small kid running down the field . I'm like "tackle that stupid kid".

by Anonymousreply 10103/01/2019

Just saw a commercial for something called Hempvana Hands which are finger-less compression gloves "infused with cannabis sativa hemp", that are supposed to help people with hand issues like arthritis and carpal tunnel. Really?

by Anonymousreply 10203/13/2019

Nailed it!! The ad for go-gurt where the fat frau mom congratulates herself by sticking a frozen stick of yogurt in her spawn's lunch. Nailed It!! I would like to take a nail gun to her head.

I really really really want to punch the Arby's guy in the face. And then punch him some more.

The Real Real ad with a model who manages to be both fug and smug. You are not the second coming of Evangelista, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 10303/13/2019

The Joe Namath home health aides.

by Anonymousreply 10403/13/2019

The Ford commercial where the mob is carrying the back lift gates with a pop song in the background.

by Anonymousreply 10503/13/2019

The Arbys guy! He's the voice of Archer and Bobs Burgers. Even thought he looks terrible in real life, I still love his voice

by Anonymousreply 10603/13/2019

On the "love" side, I adore that Seth Rogan clone in the AT&T commercials, especially the one where he says, "Oh, that's not awesome at all." I say that all the time now.

by Anonymousreply 10703/13/2019

OKRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

That fucking pepsi commercial makes me want to fucking punch that cunt out.

by Anonymousreply 10803/13/2019

Oookie

by Anonymousreply 10903/14/2019

That one where the one girl is telling the other how she rented all these different hotel rooms, and her friend is wondering how she did it, and the first one, hereafter referred to as Smug Bitch, practically rolls her eyes and answers like a valley girl, instead of just telling her friend about the app she used. I hope she is flying on one of those tainted Boeings on her trip.

by Anonymousreply 11003/14/2019

LOL that's actress Anna Kendrick r110, she's fairly well known outside of commercials.

by Anonymousreply 111Last Wednesday at 5:38 PM

She had the same effect on me when we went INTO THE WOODS.

by Anonymousreply 112Last Wednesday at 5:41 PM

Those horrible, pretentious car ads with Matthew McConaghey . The worst.

by Anonymousreply 113Last Wednesday at 6:10 PM

That plaque psoriasis medication commercial where the woman gets out of bed and brushes a pile of flaked skin from her blue bottom sheet. Gag!

I feel for those plagued with this skin disease and others, but do we have to see that shit?

by Anonymousreply 114Last Wednesday at 6:54 PM

I agree R114 -- but how else would we have learned that Cyndy Lauper suffered from the heartbreak of psoriasis? I don't know her well enough, do you?

by Anonymousreply 115Last Wednesday at 7:31 PM

R78 that yellow fur ball with the hiiiii! hiiiiii! byyyyeeeee!s is my most hated commercial too! It's for Cricket wireless. I messaged them saying that I would not even consider purchasing their services for at least five years after they cease and desist running those ads and strongly recommended firing the advertising team that came up with it.

by Anonymousreply 116Last Wednesday at 10:06 PM

The one Matthew McConaughey ad r113 they are running now where he is holding court at a dinner party with the blond extra nervously saying "whattttttt?" and then everyone watching him play pool by himself from their position in the hallway,as if they are in the presence of greatness to him walking to the car with a haunted/doped-up look on his face is especially annoying and down right bizarre. Normally I wouldn't scrutinize an ad to the extent I have this one but they seem to show it every ten minutes on MSNBC which is about the only channel I watch anymore.

I also hate the commercial for some drug were they have the actors sitting on toilets having trouble taking a shit. grosses me out.

by Anonymousreply 117Yesterday at 3:54 AM

Are these guys lovers? Anyway the skinny guy is hawt. These are showing repeatedly in NYC area.

by Anonymousreply 118Yesterday at 5:03 AM

The singing Progressive box "Live From The Star-Lite Lounge" ad. It is fucking shit.

by Anonymousreply 119Yesterday at 7:37 AM

Am I the only person in the world who doesn't think that Matthew McConaughey is handsome? His face looks kind of flat, as if it's been squashed. He reminds me of someone who's had plastic surgery after his face was disfigured, but it hasn't quite worked.

by Anonymousreply 120Yesterday at 9:02 AM

He’s ugly

by Anonymousreply 121Yesterday at 9:03 AM

The commercial with the little black girl rapping. Her voice is annoying and I don't understand a word she is saying

The commercial with the silly women singing and dancing in the street about birth control with no hormones.

by Anonymousreply 122Yesterday at 9:12 AM

I can’t stand him.

by Anonymousreply 123Yesterday at 9:12 AM

R120: He was very handsome in his prime (A Time to Kill era). He has not aged well and yes, his face does look lopsided and car commercials are lame.

by Anonymousreply 124Yesterday at 9:14 AM

Very local ad for a psychic reader. Vanessa is advertising on News12 Brooklyn channel. She looks like Monica Lewinsky with a face full of makeup, gaudy rings and long garish nails. She's shown sitting on an ornate, gold trimmed chair while examining her clients palm with a magnifying glass. First, she must be making a good amount if she can advertise on TV, but I resent her gypping fools.

by Anonymousreply 125Yesterday at 9:37 AM

That awful webiyanycar.com commercial with dancers in business suits.

by Anonymousreply 126Yesterday at 11:17 AM

R113, R117 I hate that Matthew McConaughey commercial for Lincoln. He is too cool for school. That shtick is boring, immature, and he is so unworthy of being cool. My question is who would buy a Lincoln because of seeing him acting aloof in a commercial. I have never met a man who liked him or a women who got wet from him.

by Anonymousreply 127Yesterday at 11:37 AM

He'a also the RUDEST man to ever hold a dinner party! Who leaves their guests talking at the table like that to go off and shoot pool in the garage or basement or wherever that is? Who then gets in his car and leaves his house entirely leaving his poor put upon wife to entertain the guest while he is absent, off on his own psychedelic trip or what not?

Simply atrocious manners.

by Anonymousreply 128Yesterday at 11:54 AM

Drug commercials with fat people. Mainly diabetes drugs. The message is obviously take our drug and you can keep stuffing your face.

by Anonymousreply 129Yesterday at 12:15 PM

Another vote for the real real. Is ezra miller in a dress supposed to make women want to buy it?

by Anonymousreply 130Yesterday at 3:12 PM

R127, Barbara Walters was swooning about Matthew McConaughey on "The View" several years ago. Not sure how far her dementia had progressed by then.

by Anonymousreply 131Yesterday at 4:06 PM

The weird thing about the McConaughey dinner party ad, besides his doped up look, is that there are no other cars at the party!

by Anonymousreply 132Yesterday at 4:15 PM

The tooth implant ads, featuring people who are "ashamed" about their missing teeth, "afraid" to smile, and generally too distraught to live. My favorite is the obstetrician who can't beam at the new babies he delivers and their ecstatic parents because he has to hide his imperfect smile behind his mask! Try as I might, it's impossible to summon too much sympathy for these shallow vain people who suffer this "disability" -- there are people who can't walk, you big crybabies!

by Anonymousreply 133Yesterday at 4:38 PM

They are all hostages.If the camera were to pull back a bit you would see the men with the guns. That is why the woman so nervously says 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵? and they all cower in the hallway to watch him play pool.....they are forced to. It's actually a David Lynch nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 134Yesterday at 4:38 PM

The PSA one with the little kid who asks his dad "Do we have a gun?" Airs endlessly, sometimes multiple times in a row, when watching various channels via SlingTV.

by Anonymousreply 135Yesterday at 4:49 PM

Cottonelle and its "Care Down There" ad is all kinds of gross. The voice-over spins the story of a couple going on vacation and the woman getting a bikini wax for the occasion, then turns it into her picking the right kind of TP that will make sure she's squeaky clean. While this audio is going, it shows a peach in a tiny beach chair - a hand holding some TP wipes the peach and shows all of the "sand" that came off on the TP.

by Anonymousreply 13615 hours ago

R132 excellent observation !

by Anonymousreply 13715 hours ago

Nah, not so great, R137.

Any real host of a dinner party would have their guests’ cars valeted away from theirs. Need we show you the proper DL etiquette for a dinner party again??

by Anonymousreply 13810 hours ago

During Project Runway, they were advertising some app called Earnin, where you can get advances to your paycheck, as I understand. Each person was shown being down to empty pockets (not managing their money properly?) and 99% of the people shown to be using the app were POC. It makes me feel a ways...

by Anonymousreply 1399 hours ago

Any Nationwide commercial with Peyton Manning and Brad Paisley. They're painfully unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 1409 hours ago

The online casino one where the "real customers" all look like ex felons living in a trailer park. Which they probably are. The shot in a box and send it in the mail one, Coloshart or something. Poor mailman.

by Anonymousreply 1418 hours ago

shit^ R141

by Anonymousreply 1428 hours ago
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!