Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Breaking News from Toronto: Arrest Made in Connection with disappearance of gay men from the Village

After denying there was a serial killer behind a rash of disappearances in Toronto’s LGBTQ community, Toronto police charged a 66-year-old man for allegedly murdering two gay men and admitted they believe he’s responsible for several other deaths.

Homicide Detective-Sgt. Hank Idsinga said Bruce McArthur, who works as a self-employed landscape designer was arrested at 10:25 a.m. this morning after significant progress was made in the investigation into the Village disappearances on Wednesday.

Although no bodies were recovered, McArthur was charged with the first-degree murder of Andrew Kinsman, 49 and Selim Esen, 42. Kinsman was last seen on June 26, less than two km away from the Village, a downtown neighbourhood known as a hub to the LGBTQ community. Two months earlier, Esen was last seen one block north of the neighbourhood.

Idsinga said both Kinsman and Esen had a relationship with McArthur formed through dating apps.

Refusing to label McArthur a serial killer, Idsinga said he had no connection to the death of Tess Richey, a 22-year-old who was found dead in an alleyway near Church and Wellesley streets in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208December 8, 2018 12:19 AM

Apparently there are Facebook pics of him as a department store Santa at Eaton's in Toronto.

by Anonymousreply 1January 18, 2018 8:02 PM

I'm betting he'll be linked to the men who went missing between 2010 and 2013 since police seem to believe there are more victims. Apparently the guy arrested worked as Santa Clause at the Eaton Centre during the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 2January 18, 2018 8:02 PM

Here he is. Santa seals it:? there can't not be a movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 18, 2018 8:06 PM

So 66 years old DO have sex

by Anonymousreply 4January 18, 2018 8:48 PM

Yes..

by Anonymousreply 5January 18, 2018 8:53 PM

I believe this is his facebook page?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 18, 2018 9:41 PM

I wonder who else this psycho murdered, or why he murdered people?

by Anonymousreply 7January 18, 2018 10:50 PM

With t he exception of Andrew Kinsman, almost all of the missing men are middle eastern. And if you look at the accused Facebook page, most of his friends are middle eastern.

by Anonymousreply 8January 18, 2018 10:52 PM

R8 According to Vice.com Bruce McArthur appears to be facebook friends with Skanda Navaratnam who went missing in 2010. I'm now assuming he killed all the middle eastern men who have gone missing from the village since 2010.

Police have stated that McArthur was on their radar for a few months but it was only yesterday that a major piece of evidence came into their possession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2018 11:29 PM

Creepy, creepy guy. Put him away from the rest of society, especially the gay community.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2018 11:32 PM

"I can be a bit shy until I get to know you..........". Aw, no thanks. Go back to playing Santa Claus - in prison.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 11:35 PM

Is that him at R3?

by Anonymousreply 12January 19, 2018 2:11 AM

This being Canada, sadly, he'll be back out in 5 years :(

by Anonymousreply 13January 19, 2018 2:31 AM

R12 yes it’s him as Santa Claus at the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto

by Anonymousreply 14January 19, 2018 2:35 AM

regular at the Black Eagle and arts events around Toronto. The pic of him as Santa is not at Eaton Centre.

by Anonymousreply 15January 19, 2018 2:55 AM

"no bodies were ever found" = cannibal.

by Anonymousreply 16January 19, 2018 3:44 AM

how many men went missing? the guy on the in the article Op posted doesn't look middle eastern

by Anonymousreply 17January 19, 2018 3:58 AM

R17 he was charged for Andre Kinsman and Selim Essen. Majeed Kayhan, Skandaraj Navaratnam, and Abdulbasir Faizi are several of the men who he will be charged for shortly. 5 in total, unless there's more we don't know about.

R16 easy on that cannibal thing. He was a landscaper, which means all or part of these men could be any number of places.

by Anonymousreply 18January 19, 2018 4:13 AM

This is very disturbing!

by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2018 4:23 AM

His Facebook page on the surface seems innocent enough until you look at the pattern amongst his FB friends - it's very disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2018 4:26 AM

Toronto’s gay village saw things differently. Facebook groups were set up to share information about the missing men and to keep tabs on future disappearances. A town hall was organized in the village itself to share stories and to try and illicit information from the public and to put pressure on the cops to take the cases more seriously.

Ummm...it’s elicit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 19, 2018 5:26 AM

r18 he may not be charged for the other cases, especially if the men aren't out. The TPS will also want to minimize it's bigoted, lackadaisical handling of the whole situation, especially when they were officially missing persons and they refused to take the community seriously.

In our justice system, which does suck as mentioned earlier, there will be no difference in eventual sentence.

by Anonymousreply 22January 19, 2018 5:32 AM

*its, not it's

by Anonymousreply 23January 19, 2018 5:33 AM

R16 The alleged killer was a landscaper which means he would have had many methods of disposing the bodies. Allegedly police are searching 5 properties that he did work on over the past year. I'm curious as to what evidence the police uncovered that they believe will lead to a conviction even without the bodies? In yesterday's press conference, police said that McArthur was on their radar regarding Andrew Kinsman's disappearance for a few months but that on Wednesday they found case breaking evidence that implicated him with both missing men....and his FB seems to connect him to at least one of the other men who have been missing since 2010.

by Anonymousreply 24January 19, 2018 1:10 PM

That pic at R3 is creepy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 25January 19, 2018 1:12 PM

Is DL Fave Rob Bieber safe?

by Anonymousreply 26January 19, 2018 1:36 PM

For years the LGBTQ community have been warning police that there was a possible serial killer in our midst and all we got back from them was basically the community was over reacting.

by Anonymousreply 27January 19, 2018 2:38 PM

How dare the police say that. Gays NEVER over react.

by Anonymousreply 28January 19, 2018 3:10 PM

he was arrested as he tried enter an auto wrecking yard have his vehicle destroyed, and the surveillance team moved in, finding blood in the trunk of his vehicle. This allowed them obtain a search warrant for his home.

Police have now have evidence of two more murders. More will come. A working theory is that Kinsman found out or realized Mcarthur was doing this, and Mcarthur knew he had to silence him.

by Anonymousreply 29January 19, 2018 4:47 PM

R29 Source for this?

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2018 5:44 PM

I'm not R29 but here is a source about Police intercepting his car. Crazy he would keep this car so long after committing the murders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2018 5:48 PM

This is for the OP of the how to recognize fake news thread. Exasperated people were going on and on that of course there's a serial connection! How could the police be so dumb?

The police denied it so the killer would relax and screw up or until they had enough proof to make an arrest. Remember, the burden lies on the police and the future prosecutor to get this bitch locked up and out of society. They can't publicly admit their process.

by Anonymousreply 32January 19, 2018 11:01 PM

Like the Muslims missing in Europe, cops are hoping the killer or killers keep at it.

by Anonymousreply 33January 19, 2018 11:18 PM

R33 I wish more Muslims were murdered.

by Anonymousreply 34January 19, 2018 11:32 PM

My heart breaks for the victims but why continue to engage in anonymous sex? As a community, we need to move away from risk taking behaviours. Gay men need to value and love themselves more.

by Anonymousreply 35January 19, 2018 11:34 PM

No r32 the police refused to even investigate it when it was the earlier disappearances, probably because they were Muslim and closeted. They didn't want to offend the Muslim community and out them to their families.

by Anonymousreply 36January 19, 2018 11:37 PM

R36 Really speaks volumes about Muslim communities.

by Anonymousreply 37January 19, 2018 11:39 PM

I have this weird vague feeling I met him at the Toolbox many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 38January 19, 2018 11:39 PM

R38 Why would you hang in such places? Do you not love yourself enough?

by Anonymousreply 39January 19, 2018 11:42 PM

Well, THAT gives a number of families a very creepy memento. "Here's little Chloe sitting on the lap of Serial Killer Santa at the Agincourt Mall!"

by Anonymousreply 40January 20, 2018 1:11 AM

From a link within the link at R21, in July 2017 VICE put a lot of emphasis on a trail:

[quote][bold]Three men disappeared from Toronto’s gay village under mysteriously similar circumstances. Years later, we still have no idea what happened.[/bold]

[...]

[quote]“This is a tree covered jogging trail and is very secluded,” reads a posting to a gay hookup site describing the trail. “Beltline is very busy at night.”

[quote]Secluded locations like the Beltline Trail are well-trodden paths for closeted men who prefer secrecy and privacy.

[quote]While the Toronto Police Service has set their sights on the village, and the Black Eagle, as the hub of the case, the Beltline Trail represents an avenue of investigation that appears to have been largely ignored by the investigators.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 20, 2018 1:29 AM

R32, what you are saying in other words is that the police used gay men as bait to lure him. Had they worked harder when guys started disappearing, Andrew and Selim would still be alive. The proof you & the police waited around for is their lives.

by Anonymousreply 42January 20, 2018 3:43 AM

The discussion about this SOB will be straightforward and nonracial. This is the third high profile murder of gay men and all of the suspects have been white. If it was a person of color the broad brush racial statements would dominate. This guy will be treated as an individual---not a sweeping stereotype of a racial group.

Just an observation.

by Anonymousreply 43January 20, 2018 3:56 AM

Your observation almost sounds like a complaint, R43. If you insist on race being a component, here's this tidbit about the other three missing men:

[quote]Three middle-aged men, all brown-skinned, disappeared in virtually identical circumstances over the course of two years. If it’s a mere coincidence, it’s an extraordinary one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 20, 2018 4:06 AM

Maybe we'll see this on an episode of "Law & Order: SVU" at some point.

by Anonymousreply 45January 20, 2018 4:45 AM

Gay men murdered on Law & Order are good looking.

by Anonymousreply 46January 20, 2018 4:47 AM

Those crazy Canadians. That's what happens when you're surrounded by stank sleeves.

by Anonymousreply 47January 20, 2018 5:52 AM

excellent podcast about this ongoing case

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 23, 2018 8:24 AM

Another Christian killer

by Anonymousreply 49January 23, 2018 9:27 AM

Thank you for that podcast link, r48.

by Anonymousreply 50January 23, 2018 9:34 AM

R39 Linda, you homophobic fucking skag, go away.

by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2018 11:02 PM

R13 yes it is true that the Canadian justice system is a total joke, you let Karla Homolka the serial killer who murdered and tortured young girls free to volunteer at a school, and Jasmine Richardson who murdered her entire family free with a new identity as well. There are also lots of unsolved serial killing in Toronto, Halifax, and Montreal going back decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 27, 2018 9:20 AM

Exactly R35. I stopped having hook ups a decade ago, there are way too many liars, and crazy people out there. I had one guy who I hooked up with he and his husband in a bar during sex choke me lightly and try to get his husband to do things sexually that I did not want to do.

by Anonymousreply 53January 27, 2018 9:28 AM

R52, what unsolved serial killings in Halifax? There is Kimberly McAndrew, and two gay men disappeared from two different gay clubs the same weekend back in 2000 or 2001. I don't know of any others.

by Anonymousreply 54January 27, 2018 2:29 PM

more information

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 27, 2018 4:02 PM

Thanks, R55

by Anonymousreply 56January 27, 2018 8:12 PM

Police are holding a news conference about new developments in this case right now

They have classified McArthur as a serial killer and more charges against him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 29, 2018 3:05 PM

R57 Police have recovered remains for a house on Mallory street.

by Anonymousreply 58January 29, 2018 3:06 PM

Here's the latest:

McArthur has now been charged with 5 charges of first degree murder.

The three new men confirmed killed by McArthur are: Majid Kayhan (2012) Sorush Marmudi (2015) Dean Lisowick (2016-2017)

Police have found the chopped up remains of three bodies spread across various properties McArthur worked on.

Police believe there are more victims.

by Anonymousreply 59January 29, 2018 3:11 PM

"This being Canada, sadly, he'll be back out in 5 years :("

And yet Canada has a lower homicide rate than the US

by Anonymousreply 60January 29, 2018 3:20 PM

So these charges only date back to 2012 but police expect to find more going further back. Allegedly Dean Lisowick was in the shelter system and never reported missing.

Police only became aware of McArthur after Andrew Kinsman went missing. Some suspect Kinsman may have had his suspicions about McArthur and may have been taken out.

Serial killers rarely start killing in their 60s, I'm guessing there are a shitload of other victims.

by Anonymousreply 61January 29, 2018 3:24 PM

Body type - Average

As terrible as this whole ordeal is, I still had to chuckle at that.

Yup, fat is the new 'average'.

by Anonymousreply 62January 29, 2018 3:40 PM

If you liked Bad Santa, you'll love REALLY Bad Santa

by Anonymousreply 63January 29, 2018 3:49 PM

Just block the Linda cunt. She takes pleasure from your responses. I havent seen the cunt's posts in months.

by Anonymousreply 64January 29, 2018 4:12 PM

Police are asking people who have hired McArthur as a landscaper has asked to inform police and turn their property over for a search.

by Anonymousreply 65January 29, 2018 4:59 PM

R54 See here, these are all women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 29, 2018 5:06 PM

Also this guy R54.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 29, 2018 5:07 PM

It's even more disturbing that this guy is in his late 60's. Unless he's developed some kind of dementia related killing impulse he might have been doing this for a few decades. Has he always lived in Toronto?

by Anonymousreply 68January 29, 2018 5:07 PM

I'm also not the only person who believes McArthur has murdered other people, going back decades.

Does anyone here have an archived copy of his recon profile that the one article showed a picture of?

by Anonymousreply 69January 29, 2018 5:10 PM

R68 I believe he comes from Oshawa and lived there until the late 90s or early 00s when he divorced his wife and moved to Toronto. Allegedly he and Kinsman had known each other in Oshawa.

by Anonymousreply 70January 29, 2018 7:45 PM

People had been saying there was a killer for well over a decade, right?

by Anonymousreply 71January 29, 2018 7:47 PM

R71 So far, Police have only managed to trace McArthur's killings to 2012 but police believe they stretch back further. The reality is, most serial killers don't start killing this late in life. It's like there will be evidence of killings going back much further in the not too distant future.

A Toronto journalist by the name of Justin Ling has been covering this story for some time now & he's dug up more stuff than what the police are saying. McArthur was red flagged by police after Kinsmen went missing. There is a rumour that Kinsmen was offed because he knew something or suspected something. Police had to have found something in Kinsman's phone history that tipped them off to McArthur.

by Anonymousreply 72January 29, 2018 8:05 PM

I'm surprised Daily Mail hasn't picked up on this story yet, or any other international news source for that matter. Seems like this case is only interesting to Canadians.

by Anonymousreply 73January 29, 2018 8:17 PM

R34 et al = Linda = Poo Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 74January 29, 2018 8:38 PM

Earlier thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 29, 2018 9:30 PM

Ignore R75. I was trying to link this thread to a more recent one.

by Anonymousreply 76January 29, 2018 9:32 PM

Scary

by Anonymousreply 77January 30, 2018 12:31 AM

From R57:

[quote]the remains from “at least” three victims were found at the bottom of large flower planters, which were located on properties linked to McArthur. Police have obtained over a dozen planters from around the city. Idsinga requested that any homeowners that have previously contracted McArthur as a landscaper to contact them, so that police may search their properties. Investigators have access to McArthur’s client list and have been canvassing properties that have employed him. Police have already identified 30 properties linked to McArthur, and “have conducted searches at the majority of them,” Idsinga said. Police believe there are more remains at some of these properties, and are actively working to uncover more.

As if this story wasn't already awful enough, imagine having human remains buried on your property.

by Anonymousreply 78January 30, 2018 12:52 AM

Holy Shit!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 30, 2018 3:10 AM

It's Canada so this psycho is going to jail for, like, 2 months for each murder?

by Anonymousreply 80January 30, 2018 5:43 AM

He will die in prison.

by Anonymousreply 81January 30, 2018 6:05 AM

Decent looking for his age. I don't think he looks creepy; can see why he lulled people into something.

by Anonymousreply 82January 30, 2018 6:08 AM

He is a good looking guy. I wouldn't have played with him though as he's into leather. I never liked leather guys, too many issues. Usually depraved human beings.

by Anonymousreply 83January 30, 2018 6:22 AM

I will never understand those twinks that are into leather daddies. There have to be so many weird issues behind that.

by Anonymousreply 84January 30, 2018 6:45 AM

R80 Canada has life in prison. He will die behind bars. Thank god Canada doesn't have a death penalty. Canada isn't barbaric like USA. Fun fact: USA is the ONLY western country in the world with capital punishment. I'm from Norway, you know what happened here in 2011. I'm still against the death penalty. I won't let some mass murderer dictate what I believe is right and wrong. I still believe it's wrong for a state to kill its citizens. It's barbaric. Eye for an eye never works. If we open up to capital punishment, our society will change, and not for the better. Revenge is not a good thing, we are better than that. We have to rise above the actions of a maniac, not lower ourselves to his level.

by Anonymousreply 85January 30, 2018 6:49 AM

From R79

[quote]Cops found man tied up on accused serial killer's bed: Source

[quote]Toronto Police may have saved the life of a man who was “tied up” on a bed in accused serial killer Bruce McArthur’s apartment at the time they arrested him, the Toronto Sun has learned.

[quote]Police officers, who had McArthur under surveillance around 10:25 a.m. on Jan. 18, did not take any chances when they saw a “young man” enter McArthur’s 19th-floor Thorncliffe Park apartment. “They had to make a decision,” said a police source. The decision was to go and arrest local landscaper McArthur, 66, who now faces five charges of first-degree murder, on suspicion of killing Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen. “They kicked down the door,” said a source. “They stormed in and arrested McArthur.”

[quote]There has been no mention of this by police since news of McArthur’s arrest became public. But sources close to the probe say investigators had their reasons for not mentioning the shocking discovery, including protecting an individual who likely had no idea about the allegations against the landscaper. “With what has come out since his arrest, this young man was certainly luckily,” said one source.

by Anonymousreply 86January 30, 2018 3:15 PM

"It's Canada so this psycho is going to jail for, like, 2 months for each murder?"

Guess you prefer the US, where he have the death penalty but it doesn't deter crime at all since we still have a sky high homicide rate!

by Anonymousreply 87January 30, 2018 3:18 PM

Damn, that man is so lucky. He was so close to becoming another victim.

by Anonymousreply 88January 30, 2018 4:20 PM

r87Americans don't use the death penalty enough to make that judgement.

by Anonymousreply 89January 30, 2018 4:30 PM

R8 8 I've heard whispers that the man tied to the bed was a sex worker another reason police are not releasing the name. Lucky man.

by Anonymousreply 90January 30, 2018 4:41 PM

Death penalty isn't there to deter, it's there to punish murderers who are not worthy of even breathing. I guess you morons are thrilled that Karla Homolka is teaching kids, and the norwegian Nazi can fill complaints because he doesn't get enough xbox games.

by Anonymousreply 91January 30, 2018 4:47 PM

"I guess you morons are thrilled that Karla Homolka is teaching kids, and the norwegian Nazi can fill complaints because he doesn't get enough xbox games."

I'm a moron? That's funny, since people I know who are gung-ho about the death penalty are usually low IQ right-wingers who think homosexuality can be cured through prayer. In my opinion, Republicans aren't worthy of breathing but I'm not going to execute them, because I'm not a monster like you.

by Anonymousreply 92January 30, 2018 5:05 PM

R92 I beg you pardon, you are not a moron: you are completely retarded. I bet you think you made a lot of sense there: you did not. Enjoy your mental solipsism where you conflate being conservative with being a murderer.

by Anonymousreply 93January 30, 2018 5:13 PM

r93, look who's talking. A Republican calling other people dumb? So funny. Using "retarded" as an insult makes you sound like a seventh grade mean girl. It's a riot that Americans hate Muslims so much because if you look at countries that execute the most people, it's places like Saudi Arabia and Iran.

by Anonymousreply 94January 30, 2018 5:16 PM

I don't know about Canada but in the U.S., trials seeking the death penalty cost more, death row inmates are not housed in the general population so that costs more and the execution itself is costly. Then there's the fact that most death row inmates are never even executed so it's a complete waste of money.

Let's stick to the subject at hand and not resort to childish name calling.

by Anonymousreply 95January 30, 2018 5:24 PM

[Quote]I guess you morons are thrilled that Karla Homolka is teaching kids, and the norwegian Nazi can fill complaints because he doesn't get enough xbox games.

Actually yes, I am. Sorry, but the death penalty will always be barbaric to me. I'm Norwegian and there is no way in hell I'd let that monster dictate what I believe is right and wrong. There is a reason most countries in the world got rid of capital punishment years ago.

by Anonymousreply 96January 30, 2018 6:48 PM

It's too bad Canada got rid of the death penalty, people like this guy, Karla, and the other gay serial killer all deserve to be executed.

by Anonymousreply 97January 30, 2018 6:51 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 30, 2018 7:10 PM

R97, unlike most Americans, Canadians are not far right barbarians. That is why Canada had gay marriage before the US did

by Anonymousreply 99January 30, 2018 7:39 PM

R99 The difference between Americans and Canadians is that Americans feel compelled to wear the opinions on their sleeves while Canadians are very nice and tolerant in public but are behind closed door racists and homophobes.

by Anonymousreply 100January 30, 2018 7:44 PM

R100, except they actually legalized gay marriage before most places did, so they aren't just pretending to be tolerant. But I guess Republicans don't understand what it's like to NOT be bigoted

by Anonymousreply 101January 30, 2018 8:06 PM

Preach, it, R100!

Canadians are the masters of PC speech with their lying fingers crossed behind their backs. And they are also the undisputed North American masters of passive-aggressive twattery, including whisper campaigns and shoulders as cold as Yellowknife.

by Anonymousreply 102January 31, 2018 12:22 AM

r102 = moronic Trump fan, angrily whining about political correctness

by Anonymousreply 103January 31, 2018 3:01 AM

W&W for the truth of R100.

by Anonymousreply 104January 31, 2018 2:28 PM

[quote] Damn, that man is so lucky. He was so close to becoming another victim.

Useless w/out dick pix

by Anonymousreply 105January 31, 2018 8:11 PM

But is the serial killer Bruce McArthur uncut or cut? Is he a top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 106January 31, 2018 8:52 PM

Do you think Bruce McArthur was influenced by LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN's Herr Lipp?

by Anonymousreply 107February 2, 2018 4:06 PM

The rescued victim speaks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 2, 2018 4:07 PM

R90, R108 is the sex worker you were talking about? Uff da!

by Anonymousreply 109February 2, 2018 5:36 PM

What's Bruce McArthur's name on Scruff? Is there a fully cached copy of his profile online?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110February 6, 2018 6:29 PM

This is a profile of his from the website bear forest, if you search for his username SilverfoxTornoto and bear gay or for his username and bearforest you will find how he wrote on the profile of an Arab/Middle Eastern man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 6, 2018 6:45 PM

Who will play him in the Law and Order: SVU episode?

by Anonymousreply 112February 6, 2018 7:13 PM

No one, R112. The victims aren't young, pretty, rich white females or genderfluid trans-lesbians. Therefore, they don't count.

by Anonymousreply 113February 6, 2018 7:17 PM

R113, they've done plenty of episodes about gay men

by Anonymousreply 114February 6, 2018 7:23 PM

No, they really haven't, R114. In the last several seasons, most of the victims are exactly as described in R113, young, pretty, rich, white females.

by Anonymousreply 115February 6, 2018 7:37 PM

R110 Such kind eyes!

I shall become his prison pen pal!

by Anonymousreply 116February 6, 2018 7:43 PM

R115, Well there are more straight females in the population than gay men, so.....

by Anonymousreply 117February 6, 2018 7:44 PM

Yes, R117, I know that, but they're not all rich, white, young and pretty (for the most part). For a show that's supposed to be progressive, they sure don't have a lot of diversity. They'll never do an ep about this serial killer as the story doesn't with the white feminist agenda. It totally ignores male victims and female poc now, unless it needs to push a certain narrative. Gay cis men aren't trendy enough to warrant attention.

by Anonymousreply 118February 6, 2018 7:54 PM

I think you have this backwards.

Pretty, young female murder/rape victims are a standard trope in TV and film not because feminists demand it because it's what straight men like to see. There are many vile things depicted on film as being done to women. It has parallels to how violent and degrading mainstream straight porn has become. The Dead Girl Trope is a thing precisely because it's often portrayed as titillating - see Laura Palmer as one of TV's most famous sexualised dead girls.

I would welcome more diversity in TV deaths but I don't think it's feminists you need to take this up with to see it happen.

by Anonymousreply 119February 6, 2018 11:49 PM

They are a standard trope on TV, R119, you're right. However, SVU's audience is not straight men and usually, the actual crime on SVU is not depicted. The show spouts liberal and feminist values in nearly every episode, but is still only directed at white women. Women of color are virtually excluded unless they serve an extreme left wing purpose, such as last week's episode, where a female Muslim pilot hijacked a plane because she had been raped by her captain while Benson understood her actions and distress with no regard to the people she victimized. The producers, writers and star of SVU all claim to be "telling victim's stories" and to seek justice for them, (but again, only if the victim is young, white, and pretty) and have no problem receiving accolades for being the voice for women and victims. It's a symptom of white feminism and it is exclusionary. It's fandom is basically made up of young, SJW types, who are outraged by anything but the lack of racial diversity on the show. If you don't believe me, go ahead and check out the show's, its stars, and its fans social media. For a show that claims to care about victims so much, the lack of diversity on it is astounding, and I highly doubt they will touch this story. They will however do stories about older women who were raped by deception and trans victims, but a gay male victim? No, they haven't done that in years. They won't even have a male victim unless he was also a perp and he suffered a revenge assault.

by Anonymousreply 120February 7, 2018 12:21 AM

"It's fandom is basically made up of young, SJW types, who are outraged by anything but the lack of racial diversity on the show."

If you think the audience for cop shows is young "SJWs" then you clearly don't know much. You sound like a far right loon, whining about feminism, Muslims, and SJWs. They've done plenty of gay episodes, considering gays make up only 5% of the population. They had regular gay characters, too. You are just looking for excuses to spout right-wing talking points, which is fucking hilarious since the people who go on and on about the evils of Muslims and feminists HATE gay people.

by Anonymousreply 121February 7, 2018 12:25 AM

R120, you might just want to turn the channel.. Better yet, turn off your tv and go live life..

by Anonymousreply 122February 7, 2018 6:07 AM

So how many people has this creep murdered? When did he start killing?

by Anonymousreply 123February 7, 2018 12:33 PM

Damn, if he's 66 he could have been killing for nigh on half a century. Seems like most serial killers start in their twenties or so. I know some can take a break for a long time, like BTK, but I doubt he committed his first murder in retirement. Offhand I don't even know of another active serial killer who was this old (although of course there might be some who haven't been identified yet).

by Anonymousreply 124February 7, 2018 12:51 PM

So we can't look on Silver Daddies anymore?

by Anonymousreply 125February 7, 2018 12:54 PM

He contacted me on the site bearforest where I have a profile but it was just to say how I am handsome-which is true, so I just either ignored his email or wrote back a quick "thanks" and left it at that as I'm extremely picky who I meet up with online, and I'm nowhere near Toronto or in Canada at all.

by Anonymousreply 126February 7, 2018 12:59 PM

A bunch of gay men were murdered in the Gay Village in the 70s - was he connected to those?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127February 7, 2018 3:08 PM

When Bruce McArthur contacted me on bearforest I just pretty much ignored him as his profile did not have any pictures, and he just sent a "you're handsome" email/PM when I am pretty much only on that site just to chat.

by Anonymousreply 128February 8, 2018 1:49 PM

CBC News just reported MAJOR update from the police is expected today at 2 pm.

by Anonymousreply 129February 8, 2018 5:18 PM

R129 Justin Ling who has been covering the case for the Globe & Mail says that it's likely an update about the bodies parts they've found and not new charges.

by Anonymousreply 130February 8, 2018 5:33 PM

Police have confirmed they now have now recovered "parts" of Andrew Kinsman. Other body parts remain unidentified and more charges may be laid.

by Anonymousreply 131February 8, 2018 6:07 PM

Police are working with overseas agencies as well as other Canadian polices forces. Likely McArthur's killing will be found to stretch back further than 2015. Police may also go over old cold cases dating back to the 70s but focus is leads they have now.

by Anonymousreply 132February 8, 2018 6:14 PM

Police say they now know where at least one of the murders happened.

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2018 6:15 PM

The body count is up to six people now.

by Anonymousreply 134February 8, 2018 6:23 PM

Buried in "planters" at someones home? Dafaq. And can you image those homeowners now.

They are waiting for the grown to unfreeze to dig up a number of gardens at other homes as well.

by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2018 11:58 PM

The gay part of Toronto is officially called the "Gay Village"?

by Anonymousreply 136February 9, 2018 12:16 AM

Eventually the owners of the planters would have dumped the contents, for new plantings or whatever. And would have found bone fragments, no?

Or maybe he told them whenever they were ready to do something with the planters to call him.

by Anonymousreply 137February 9, 2018 1:44 AM

R137 From what has been reported, he took regular care of his clients planters and gardens so they likely would never have touched them.

There are now six bodies although police have only been able to positively identify Kinsman's parts. Police are also heavily focusing on McArthur's computer and thanks to information they found on it, know where at least one of the murders took place.

by Anonymousreply 138February 9, 2018 6:08 PM

Toronto Police are holding another press conference this morning at Police Headquarters. It's expected Police are going to announce more charges against McArthur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139February 23, 2018 12:28 PM

[quote] The gay part of Toronto is officially called the "Gay Village"?

The "Gay Village" (Church-Wellesley neighbourhood) has shrunk significantly. It's, more or less, a couple of blocks now.

by Anonymousreply 140February 23, 2018 12:40 PM

Sick

by Anonymousreply 141February 23, 2018 2:33 PM

Police have charged McArthur with the murder of Skandaraj Navaratnam who has been missing since 2010. So that bring the total charges to 6. Police have positively identified the remains found in planters as belonging to Andrew Kinsman, Soroush Mahmudi, and Skandaraj Navaratnam.

by Anonymousreply 142February 23, 2018 2:54 PM

Det-Sgt Hank Idsinga states he believes that more charges will be laid and that the investigation will go into years not months. He also confirmed that investigation now extends beyond Canada. They are also working with Police departments from other Ontario who have missing persons cases that match those of McArthur's victims.

by Anonymousreply 143February 23, 2018 3:00 PM

Toronto PD really fucked up and has blood on their hands.

Bruce McArthur was known about since 2003 and LGBT people and the victims' friends and families went to the police and said how there was a serial killer stalking/killing men in Toronto's LGBT neighborhood, and the police went as far as releasing a press statement that said "There is no serial killer."

Of course this is Canada so nobody should be surprised, they basically allowed Luka Magnotta AKA Eric Clinton Kirk Newman to escape to Germany. Also they allow Jasmine Richardson who murdered her entire family to go free, attend a university, and gave her a new identity that's secret. Serial killer Karla Homolka was given freedom, and actually allowed to volunteer at a school which has students the same age as her victims.

by Anonymousreply 144February 23, 2018 8:46 PM

[quote]Is he a top or bottom?

Gurl, please. That thing is a total top.

by Anonymousreply 145February 23, 2018 11:35 PM

Was he...one of us? We have a sad track record of attracting the undesirables, remember Bryce Williams posting here shouting at us we were RACIST in the Michael Jackson threads.

by Anonymousreply 146February 23, 2018 11:43 PM

I want to see the TV movie

by Anonymousreply 147February 24, 2018 12:24 AM

Was he cut or uncut?

by Anonymousreply 148February 24, 2018 7:20 AM

Sizemeat verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 149February 24, 2018 7:20 AM

Some advice for cops: look for landscaping containing, say, one oddly huge tree or bush.

by Anonymousreply 150February 24, 2018 7:26 AM

This serial killer sort of reminds me of Herb Baumeister who was gay, into bondage and who would bury his victims in his yard, and didn't his kid or wife find some bones in the yard of their home?

by Anonymousreply 151February 24, 2018 8:25 AM

R144 I think that the fact that there are so few murders happening in the Canada makes it harder for them to deal with a real serial killer. Of course Americans would know how to deal with a case of a possible serial killer, as it happens all the time there. That is not the case for Canada though. They rarely have serial killers or mass murderers, which is why the police fuck up when it actually does turn out they are dealing with a serial killer. Maybe they need more training.

by Anonymousreply 152February 24, 2018 8:32 AM

R152 thinks American cops never fuck up. So funny.

by Anonymousreply 153February 24, 2018 1:33 PM

R152 it's not that they rarely have murders or serial killers, it's that their justice system is a total joke, and the criminals/psychopaths know this.

by Anonymousreply 154February 26, 2018 9:07 AM

The police had him on their radar 17 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155February 26, 2018 3:01 PM

So we have no idea how many gay men this guy killed.

by Anonymousreply 156February 26, 2018 3:08 PM

This is all the fault of Canadian conservatives who were in charge up until very recently.

Amazing that this guy has been brought down and the case is moving forward now that the liberals are in charge.

May they govern for the next 100 years.

by Anonymousreply 157February 26, 2018 3:55 PM

This is a real-life horror movie

by Anonymousreply 158February 27, 2018 12:18 AM

Pfffftt, like anyone on this site really cares.. He has killed a bunch of older,unattractive,foreign type guys... You guys could give two shits... Stop the fake astonishment and concern...

by Anonymousreply 159February 27, 2018 5:28 AM

R157 actually the ultra-PC liberals are to blame I am progressive but Toronto's rabid PCness is insane.

by Anonymousreply 160February 27, 2018 9:23 AM

r159, there is stuff about this case all over the internet. People care.

by Anonymousreply 161February 27, 2018 3:17 PM

So Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders accused Toronto's LGBT community of not doing enough to stop Bruce McArthur!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162February 27, 2018 6:09 PM

R162 of course he would blame us, LGBT people in Toronto and people who were family and friends of the victims went to the police many times and said how there is a serial killer preying on gay men in/around Toronto, and the police told them they were being silly and even went as far as releasing a press statement about how there is no serial killer.

This is Canada, or Toronto so nobody should be surprised that they fucked up like this. Their justice system is a total joke.

by Anonymousreply 163February 27, 2018 6:38 PM

I feel like the Chief is going to be fired very very soon.

by Anonymousreply 164February 27, 2018 7:10 PM

And Mayor John Tory just defended Saunders' comment

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165February 27, 2018 7:19 PM

Police are acting on tip from a person who lived next to McArthur back in the 90s.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166February 28, 2018 1:20 PM

This is starting to sound more and more like Herb Baumeister. According to that Global News article, the murders may have started even back in the 1990s in Oshawa, when he was living there with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 167February 28, 2018 1:54 PM

R167 Like others have said in this thread, most serial killers begin their crimes in their late 20s to mid-30 so there is likely decades of victims and we'll never know about most of them.

by Anonymousreply 168February 28, 2018 5:28 PM

Toronto police are holding a press conference today at 10:30 am to provide more updates on the McArthur case.

by Anonymousreply 169March 5, 2018 1:05 PM

So Police have found the remains of a 7th person at the same home as the other six but have yet to identify who they belong to. They have also released a photo of corpse belonging to a man that have failed to identify but they belief is linked to McArthur.

by Anonymousreply 170March 5, 2018 4:47 PM

ANd yet another Toronto police blunder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 7, 2018 12:31 PM

Were any of the vitcims tops?

by Anonymousreply 172March 7, 2018 3:19 PM

Toronto Police have confirmed that they are looking into any connection between a slew of unsolved murders of gay men in the 1970s and Bruce McArthur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 4, 2018 12:55 PM

^Wow, that's interesting. I assumed he didn't just start killing when he was middle-aged....

by Anonymousreply 174April 4, 2018 3:42 PM

R174 most serial killers begin at some point in their 20s or early 30s.

From reading the article R173 posted, it sure sounds like there was serial killer operating from the St. Charles Tavern. Interestingly there was some semen found on the bed of one of the victims but no DNA evidence testing in the 70s. It wouldn't shock me if McArthur was some how involved in this. Certainly the way the victims were tied up sounds like the way the found the man in McArthur's bedroom. But McArthur was married at this time and surely his wife would notice if her husband was gone way into the night?

by Anonymousreply 175April 4, 2018 8:19 PM

There needs to be a movie

by Anonymousreply 176April 5, 2018 1:37 AM

R175, another Canadian killer, Colonel Russell Williams, was married when he began raping and murdering women and the wife (apparently) had no clue, they lived separate lives for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 177April 5, 2018 1:48 AM

Toronto Police are holding a press conference on Wednesday at 1:30pm regarding more updates on the mcarthur case.

by Anonymousreply 178April 11, 2018 3:17 AM

Toronto Police have charged McArthur with the death of Abdulbasir Faizi who went missing in 2010. This brings the total charges to 7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 11, 2018 2:41 PM

Too sad

by Anonymousreply 180April 12, 2018 1:23 AM

Toronto police identify John Doe, alleged victim of Bruce McArthur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181April 13, 2018 4:55 PM

[quote]Earlier this week, police said they have identified three more sets of human remains linked to McArthur.

I missed this. So is the confirmed victims count now at 10?

by Anonymousreply 182April 13, 2018 4:57 PM

Who will play him in the Lifetime movie?

by Anonymousreply 183April 13, 2018 6:25 PM

Fuck the naive law enforcement. This guy has been at this since at least the early 80s. Could you imagine trying to pull that shit off so brazenly in the States? This guy must have been so smug for ages. Lazy detectives are probably all retired now. People were at first being found stabbed to death in their beds. It's like Dexter never getting nabbed for twenty seasons. Please.

by Anonymousreply 184April 13, 2018 9:13 PM

R33, expound on these missing Muslims in Europe. You know that's going to happen and we know about the vigilantes in Berlin. You have any links?

by Anonymousreply 185April 13, 2018 9:27 PM

R184, the US has plenty of serial killers who got away with it for years. And some who still haven't been caught, like EAR/ONS

by Anonymousreply 186April 14, 2018 12:22 AM

This is terrible news. Bottoms are going to proliferate again, and that's the last thing Canada needs.

by Anonymousreply 187April 14, 2018 12:32 AM

tryrtutuu

by Anonymousreply 188April 14, 2018 2:00 AM

I just opened a thread about the lame law enforcement in Canada. using your link R52.

Is everyone at these links afraid to mention this serial killer was probably pimp daddy and driver to most of these girls? Or just the fact that most worked out of strip clubs, lived at the hostel and were whoring it up? I even think this guy probably put ads out there looking for "dancers" and picked them up at the airport and train. Why would they go with a stranger they keep asking. Duh. Did he dress like a police officer? No. Why would the out of town girls go to Halifax I'm asking. Most were probably looking for stripping or bartending gigs.

Early on in Part 1 at thecellar.net relatives post comments and one girl says that one of the victims was her biological mother who was killed a year after girl was adopted out. The woman was obviously a local, long term hooker leaving the strip club parking lot while on the stroll. I think the blog writer had to omit important facts after relatives showed up in the comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 15, 2018 1:58 AM

Police have now laid an 8th murder charge against McArthur. McArthur is accused of killing Kirushna Kumar Kanagaratnam, the John Doe in the photo police released last month. Kanagaratnam arrived tor Toronto in 2010 from Sri Lanka, lived in Scarborough, and was never reported missing as his family remains in Sri Lanka. According to Police, Kanagaratnam was last seen around Christmas 2015.

Kanagaratnam has no known ties to Toronto's LGBT community that Police have been able to uncover, however, originally police believed that one of McArthur's alleged victims Dean Lisowick didn't have ties to Church St. but after identifying him the discovered he did.

by Anonymousreply 190April 16, 2018 2:42 PM

How terrible for the victim's family, not to know what happened to him for so long.

by Anonymousreply 191April 16, 2018 3:03 PM

Just a follow up, one of the reasons that Kanagaratnam wasn't reported missing to police is that he may have been here illegally.

by Anonymousreply 192April 16, 2018 3:08 PM

bumping

by Anonymousreply 193April 17, 2018 3:33 PM

[quote] McArthur lives in a high-rise building in Thorncliffe Park, according to two neighbours. Chantal Smith said she’d often small-talk with him on the way up to her apartment on the elevator. He loved cooking, she said, and would often be seen carrying several trays of freshly-baked muffins.

This is how you know he's a monster. All those carbs!

by Anonymousreply 194April 17, 2018 3:42 PM

Sociopaths all have muffin smelling faces.

by Anonymousreply 195April 17, 2018 4:00 PM

Police found more human remains at the site where he worked

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 5, 2018 2:56 PM

It is awful that those people were murdered. Nothing will make that murderer remotely interesting, though, no matter how many bodies they find.

by Anonymousreply 197July 5, 2018 2:58 PM

More human remains found at site where alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur worked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 5, 2018 3:25 PM

This case is so creepy. I think once the trial starts there will be more interest in this case since right now there are not a lot of details.

Maybe?

by Anonymousreply 199July 24, 2018 2:52 AM

Sick sad world

by Anonymousreply 200July 24, 2018 2:53 AM

I wish he'd confess and spare the trial. He's plainly mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 201July 24, 2018 3:02 AM

I wonder what kind of defense would he mount anyway??? It's not like he can deny killing all those men, what with his habit of photographing his murders.

by Anonymousreply 202July 24, 2018 3:14 AM

Maybe he could use the twinkie defense!!!

by Anonymousreply 203July 24, 2018 3:15 AM

His trial is set for January 2020. Any Canadian can tell me why so far away? Why not 2019?

Also, I wonder if this story will get any traction once the trial begins. No one seems that interested in it.

by Anonymousreply 204December 1, 2018 2:25 AM

The Leafs and Ford Nation are much more interesting, R204.

by Anonymousreply 205December 1, 2018 2:42 AM

R204, there have been plenty threads about it here, including this one. People are interested.

by Anonymousreply 206December 1, 2018 3:04 PM

R206, this thread is the only one with any substantial replies. The Watts family murder had so many more threads.

I do think once the trial actually starts and more information is known people might get interested again.

by Anonymousreply 207December 7, 2018 11:44 PM

The Watts case happened in the US (I gather not many DLers are Canadian) and the killer in that case was "hot" (by the delusional eldergay standards)

by Anonymousreply 208December 8, 2018 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!