Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OFFICIAL GOLDEN GLOBES THREAD 4

Here is #4

by Anonymousreply 127January 9, 2018 5:12 AM

Use this other thread at the link instead of this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2018 3:18 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2018 3:20 AM

Frances seems kind of mentally ill. What's the deal her and her Coen brother? Is she straight. I know she and Holly Hunter lived together in NYC when they were starting out.

by Anonymousreply 3January 8, 2018 3:20 AM

Since this is the official one, I'll repeat: I am not very familiar with Sam Rockwell, assumed he was early 40s, was very surprised to learn he turns 50 this year. Guy looks great for his age. Or at least he did on stage tonight.

by Anonymousreply 4January 8, 2018 3:20 AM

This is the official part 4 thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 8, 2018 3:20 AM

How many categories left?

by Anonymousreply 6January 8, 2018 3:22 AM

This thread was posted first and the OP of the other one is being astoundingly petty which makes me not want to use it.

by Anonymousreply 7January 8, 2018 3:22 AM

The reaction shots from the nominees is my favorite part.

There's no cool way to handle it aside from maybe whispering to the person next to you and pretending you're unaware the camera is on you, but fascinating to see the reactions from hamming it up for the folks at home to M's wan "yes, I'm nominated AGAIN!" smile.

by Anonymousreply 8January 8, 2018 3:22 AM

[quote]I am not very familiar with Sam Rockwell

Please rectify that and watch Moon

by Anonymousreply 9January 8, 2018 3:22 AM

Frances gave a nice speech.

by Anonymousreply 10January 8, 2018 3:23 AM

And Charlie's Angels!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 8, 2018 3:23 AM

[quote]How many categories left?

none

by Anonymousreply 12January 8, 2018 3:24 AM

Oh, well then. Thanks R12.

by Anonymousreply 13January 8, 2018 3:24 AM

Every gay men should be familiar with Sam Rockwell's ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 8, 2018 3:25 AM

Merle, please close this thread. There’s already a part 4 thread here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 8, 2018 3:25 AM

Merle who? Haggard?

by Anonymousreply 16January 8, 2018 3:26 AM

I am so confused, everyone was robbed!!

by Anonymousreply 17January 8, 2018 3:26 AM

R13 List of winners

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 8, 2018 3:26 AM

Thanks for the Moon reco R9 and the ass shot R14

by Anonymousreply 19January 8, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote] Merle, please close this thread. There’s already a part 4 thread here

THIS is the ORIGINAL thread.

by Anonymousreply 20January 8, 2018 3:27 AM

[quote]I am so confused, everyone was robbed!!

It shaked out pretty much as expected. Rockwell beating Dafoe might have been the most surprising thing.

by Anonymousreply 21January 8, 2018 3:27 AM

I don't think Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri has a chance at the Oscars. Too violent and too many anger ridden characters for the Academy.

by Anonymousreply 22January 8, 2018 3:28 AM

Did Merle Haggard win an award?

by Anonymousreply 23January 8, 2018 3:28 AM

Part 4 is here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 8, 2018 3:30 AM

Full list of winners

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 8, 2018 3:30 AM

Though come to think of it, Del Toro beating Nolan for best director is definitely the most surprising upset to me.

I thought Nolan had that in the bag.

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2018 3:30 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2018 3:30 AM

Laura Dern's speech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2018 3:32 AM

Both NYT critics put out their Oscar nominees lists the other day and I was surprised to see 3 Billboards was not on either R22

"This Is Us" just seems so sappy and frau-ish I have no desire to watch it. Was Sterling K. Brown any good in it or were there other reasons he won? Bateman was so excellent in Ozark

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2018 3:32 AM

Everyone's gonna rave about Oprah's, but Dern's was tops.

by Anonymousreply 30January 8, 2018 3:32 AM

Sam shown cock in 2 films.

by Anonymousreply 31January 8, 2018 3:32 AM

Barbra actually won her Best Director GG over Ingrid Bergman for "Fanny & Alexander."

by Anonymousreply 32January 8, 2018 3:32 AM

I officially hate Reese Witherspoon now. That fucking VOICE.

by Anonymousreply 33January 8, 2018 3:33 AM

what did Oprah say?

by Anonymousreply 34January 8, 2018 3:33 AM

I am surprised at all the love for “In the Fade”. While the film deals with a very current subject matter, it has a feel of a TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 35January 8, 2018 3:33 AM

Oh DEAR R32.... Ingrid?!

by Anonymousreply 36January 8, 2018 3:33 AM

Sam Rockwell's wife was such an annoying famewhore tonight. She really hammed it up every time the camera was on her table. I don't like her.

by Anonymousreply 37January 8, 2018 3:34 AM

And it is all pretty funny... a new horizon! Women rule! Now here are the five male directors up for Best Director -- as it will be forever. And here's the token woman we gave one to back in 1984. But, hey, our organization has a female president! And we liked Pia Zadora once upon a time.

by Anonymousreply 38January 8, 2018 3:34 AM

To think Ingrid Bergman could have made history as the first female director that year... a shame. She was one of our finest filmmakers.

by Anonymousreply 39January 8, 2018 3:35 AM

[quote]Both NYT critics put out their Oscar nominees lists the other day and I was surprised to see 3 Billboards was not on eithe

Because they actually watched it.

Woody Harrelson's wife alone makes you go wtf? Then we get into the bizarre Peter Dinklage plot.

That movie had serious issues.

by Anonymousreply 40January 8, 2018 3:35 AM

Which is the Official Thread?

by Anonymousreply 41January 8, 2018 3:35 AM

So was Brad Pitt not at the Globes? Will he and Jolie have to avoid each other from now on?

by Anonymousreply 42January 8, 2018 3:36 AM

Another question: who was the Kato Kaelin looking guy at the table with Witherspoon, Dern et al?

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2018 3:36 AM

[quote]Sam Rockwell's wife was such an annoying famewhore tonight. She really hammed it up every time the camera was on her table. I don't like her.

Remember when she furiously patted Martin McDonagh's stomach when he won his award? She seems like the spouse everyone puts up with, which is a shame because Sam Rockwell's godly.

Anyone remember her show Popular on the WB way back when?

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2018 3:36 AM

Rockwell's wife was on Ryan Murphy's old show, "Popular". Remember that one?

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2018 3:37 AM

OPRAH IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2018 3:37 AM

funny, someone beat me to the punch on Leslie Bibb above. By seconds.

by Anonymousreply 47January 8, 2018 3:37 AM

Hero of the night: Ron Howard for holding up the envelope and saying, "Can we get back to this?" My sentiments exactly and I am sure I wasn't alone. Jesus...

by Anonymousreply 48January 8, 2018 3:38 AM

Happy for Tom and Lorenzo

[quote]HEY, GIRLFRIENDS! Thanks for SHATTERING our twitter impressions-per-day record tonight! We're gonna go and type up dozens of little posts on all the #GoldenGlobes red carpetry now! Stay tuned! Or go to bed! We're not here to run your life for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 8, 2018 3:40 AM

OMG, is Rockwell's wife that blonde thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 8, 2018 3:41 AM

What Abbie Cornish and Reese Witherspoon in the same room all night, sans Ryan? I bet that was fun. "You stole my husband, bitch!" Talk about Big Little Lies.

by Anonymousreply 51January 8, 2018 3:41 AM

Oprah got that body from WW. Hmmmm...🤔

by Anonymousreply 52January 8, 2018 3:42 AM

R41 OFFICIAL THREAD HERE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2018 3:42 AM

Nah, R41, ignore R53, OP of the other thread, I'm sure.

This one was started first and it's doesn't have an unkind OP.

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2018 3:43 AM

Fuck off with the competing thread. No. One. Cares.

by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2018 3:43 AM

Muriel, please close this thread.

by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2018 3:44 AM

The OP of the other thread cares a lot. His insistence on trying to spam this thread to promote his later one is one of the saddest things I've seen here.

by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2018 3:44 AM

Shut this down. I just put one poster on Ignore and it's the same person posting 10 times. Talking to himself.

by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2018 3:45 AM

I don't know... seems like all this thread does is complain about the other thread. Let's to over to that one, girls!

by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2018 3:45 AM

Transcript of Seth Meyers monologue

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2018 3:46 AM

Here is part of Oprah's speech:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2018 3:46 AM

Girls, girls! BOTH of your threads are BORING!!!

by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2018 3:47 AM

I think the evening's over, R62.

Thanks for the link, R60.

[quote]Well, I think it’s time to address the elephant not in the room. Harvey Weinstein isn’t here tonight. Because, well, I’ve heard rumors that he’s crazy and difficult to work with. But don’t worry, he’ll be back in 20 years when he becomes the first person ever booed during the ‘In Memoriam.’ [oohs] It’ll sound like that.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2018 3:48 AM

#Oprah2020 trending on Twitter.

What what the Orange One Tweet tomorrow...

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2018 3:49 AM

Mimi stealing Meryl's seat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2018 3:49 AM

Full Oprah speech:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2018 3:51 AM

James Franco is not going to let Tommy Wiseau speak

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2018 3:51 AM

You will film Mimi's good side

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2018 3:53 AM

Were there any surprises at all?

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2018 3:54 AM

never heard of this three billboard movie but then looked on social media and everyone hates it, especially black people. Seems it's this years Crash. So which gay movie is it going to cheat out of an Oscar --Call me by Your Name?

by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2018 3:55 AM

Here's a link to The Hollywood Repoter's After show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 8, 2018 3:55 AM

[quote]#Oprah2020 trending on Twitter.

Not surprised, it very much felt like a statesmen like speech. Trying to capture the vibe of Obama's DNC speech that launched his political career.

by Anonymousreply 72January 8, 2018 3:56 AM

[quote] never heard of this three billboard movie but then looked on social media and everyone hates it, especially black people.

I like the film, but none of my friends do. I thought that the character development in the film was tricky to pull off, but it worked. Rockwell's character went from one extreme to another, but he is such a great actor that I believed him. Same with McDormand.

I don't know about the black people hating the film. This is the first time I'm hearing about it.

by Anonymousreply 73January 8, 2018 4:01 AM

I don't want President Oprah. No celebrities, billionaires and bought politicians. Just someone professional and boring.

by Anonymousreply 74January 8, 2018 4:02 AM

Please, I'd sooner vote for a fucking repig than vote for that entitled bitch.

Hell no.

Why the fuck would I? Why would anyone??

by Anonymousreply 75January 8, 2018 4:02 AM

Because she is a celebrity

because she is black

by Anonymousreply 76January 8, 2018 4:03 AM

And yet, the Academy continues to award bad films and bad actors.

by Anonymousreply 77January 8, 2018 4:03 AM

All politicians have big egos, but they are used to negotiating. There is a degree of "bending" that they have to accept. No celebrity can do that.

by Anonymousreply 78January 8, 2018 4:03 AM

How is Gary Oldman getting away with his past as a domestic abuser?

by Anonymousreply 79January 8, 2018 4:03 AM

If you have the cash, you buy your award.

by Anonymousreply 80January 8, 2018 4:05 AM

Perhaps because he does not live in the US, R79.

by Anonymousreply 81January 8, 2018 4:05 AM

Casey Affleck presenting best actress at the oscars is going to be....interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 8, 2018 4:09 AM

R79 what domestic abuse? You mean the ex he had kids with who claimed he beat her up in their divorce? She was a druggie and lost custody of their kids to Oldman. I think she was married before to David Fincher and he got custody of their kids too. Judges don't give custody of kids to abusive husbands so she was probably full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 83January 8, 2018 4:09 AM

Is Chrissy Metz fat?

Is Kelly Clarkson fat?

Is s Guillermo del Toro fat?

by Anonymousreply 84January 8, 2018 4:11 AM

PRESIDENT LAURA DERN!!!

by Anonymousreply 85January 8, 2018 4:11 AM

Was Oprah nervous during her speech or has she always had labored breathing?

by Anonymousreply 86January 8, 2018 4:12 AM

All the black characters in Three Billboards are good, if not noble, people. The whites, not so much. Just like real life.

by Anonymousreply 87January 8, 2018 4:12 AM

To two kweens that won for original song for The Showman were annoying AF

by Anonymousreply 88January 8, 2018 4:18 AM

James Franco didn't thank Greg Sestero and his book The Disaster Artist did he? Poor form.

by Anonymousreply 89January 8, 2018 4:18 AM

Paul and Pasek? They won for La La Land last year too.

Only one of them is actually gay.

by Anonymousreply 90January 8, 2018 4:19 AM

Phyllis Nagy's comments on Douglas's presence tonight.

@PhyllisNagy

I keep thinking about that standing O. Not for Oprah. For Douglas. And how the sea of black finery was, in an instant, absurd. Kafka would have loved it.

===

Replying to @PhyllisNagy

It was creepy.

===

Phyllis Nagy ‏

Yep. And so much more.

===

Replying to @PhyllisNagy

is it possible people don’t actually know?

===

Phyllis Nagy ‏ I’d say... it’s unlikely.

===

‏Replying to @PhyllisNagy

I'm not at all a part of Hollywood, and knew nothing about the sins of Weinstein, Spacey, et al until the stories broke in the media, but I've heard the compelling horror story Phyllis is likely referencing. I just shook my head looking at the TV tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 8, 2018 4:37 AM

Delighted that Kirk Douglas was able to present an award. It was kind of sweet and cute. A true Hollywood legend.

by Anonymousreply 92January 8, 2018 4:41 AM

Are you kidding, R92? Or just trolling?

by Anonymousreply 93January 8, 2018 4:43 AM

No I'm not kidding [R93] I adore Kirk Douglas and I think it's wonderful at the age of 101 he was offered to present an award and able to take up the offer. I was pleasantly surprised. I mean let's be realistic he's not going to be seen in public or presenting awards very many more times.

It's just a shame some other legends like Doris Day aren't able or willing to do similar appearances and special presentations.

by Anonymousreply 94January 8, 2018 4:48 AM

Are you just not aware of the rumors, R94?

by Anonymousreply 95January 8, 2018 4:49 AM

Rumours? About Kirk? [R95] No I'm not but clearly any rumours about him being on his deathbed or housebound / bedbound or to frail to get out and about are clearly wrong. He doesn't seem as robust health wise as Olivia De Havilland who's the same age but he's doing well to be presenting at the golden globes.

by Anonymousreply 96January 8, 2018 4:54 AM

Read this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97January 8, 2018 4:55 AM

This thread is useless without Sam Rockwell dick pics.

by Anonymousreply 98January 8, 2018 5:00 AM

Like so:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 8, 2018 5:01 AM

I usually FF acceptance speeches so thank you r66 for posting that link. I loved it but no no no more celebrities as prez. Oprah might be on the correct side of politics but I don’t recall her going out of her way to support Hilary.

by Anonymousreply 100January 8, 2018 5:06 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 101January 8, 2018 5:40 AM

The fact that she didn’t go out of her way to support Hillary means she would probably be a good candidate, R100

by Anonymousreply 102January 8, 2018 5:41 AM

Oprah was radio silent on Bill Cosby.

by Anonymousreply 103January 8, 2018 6:19 AM

Why do we think Kirk Douglas is guilty of rape?

by Anonymousreply 104January 8, 2018 6:34 AM

Uh oh,

[quote] Violet Paley‏ @VioletPaley

[quote] Cute #TIMESUP pin James Franco. Remember the time you pushed my head down in a car towards your exposed penis & that other time you told my friend to come to your hotel when she was 17? After you had already been caught doing that to a different 17 year old?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 8, 2018 6:45 AM

[quote The fact that she didn’t go out of her way to support Hillary means she would probably be a good candidate, [R100]

I don't get the correlation. Or are you just saying you hate Hillary Clinton and you like anyone who dislikes her?

by Anonymousreply 106January 8, 2018 6:46 AM

still shocked at that showboating bimbo wife of Rockwell......my god, he so kool, why he with such a creep for attention???

by Anonymousreply 107January 8, 2018 7:21 AM

The story of Recy Taylor, the woman mentioned in Oprah's speech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108January 8, 2018 11:56 AM

Blanco Blanco's attention seeking ass talks about wearing red

[quote]“I love red,” she explained. “Wearing red does not mean I am against the movement. I applaud and stand by the courageous actresses that continue to break the cycle of abuse through their actions and fashion style choices. It is one of many factors leading women to a safer place because of their status. I am excited about the #TimesUp movement; true change is long overdue.” However, the California-born talent is aware her latest style choice may garner criticism among women who may feel she should be taking a public stand against sexual abuse in Hollywood. “It hurts my feelings, but I guess its part of being in our industry,” said Blanco. “We have people who appreciate you and others that don’t. The designer Atria Couture did an amazing job with my dress and I appreciate them for dressing me.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109January 8, 2018 11:59 AM

It seems like reviews are positive

[quote]Golden Globes Review: Seth Meyers Went for the Jugular and Oprah Brought Down the House in One Helluva Show. Seth Meyers set just the right tone with a fantastic opening monologue and then got out of the way to let women tell their stories.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 8, 2018 12:11 PM

[quote]NBC's Late Night host took the stage for the first time at the traditionally loose and boozy awards ceremony, kicking off an awards season in the middle of a cultural upheaval. It's not exactly a task that comes with a playbook, as he playfully noted when he shouted out to the "hosts of other upcoming award shows who are watching me like the first dog shot into outer space." If the other hosts were nervous for Meyers, they shouldn't have been. The comedian managed to find just the right tone for his quick opening monologue, which moved easily between smart (and appropriate) jokes about the sexual harassment allegations to the usual jests about the year's crop of nominees to a frequent recipient of his barbs, President Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 8, 2018 12:12 PM

Bump for R105 re Franco.

by Anonymousreply 112January 8, 2018 3:56 PM

Why was Daphne Zuniga sitting next to Spielberg and Kate Capshaw last night?

by Anonymousreply 113January 8, 2018 6:49 PM

A comment made by a NYTimes reader says it all:

Fool's gold.

The Black Dress was less about Hollywood victims avenging the Hollywood Weinsteins than craven arrivistes obscuring their Faustian bargain. The illusion of virtue, practiced so fastidiously by the theatre wing of the American Left, is key to understanding the funereal costume that cloaked the self-righteous coconspirators last night.

Meryl's Hollywood agitprop, with its false premises, phony pieties & outright lies—self-serving fantasy wrapped in sober documentary—is a verisimilitudinous contrivance that is pernicious, especially now, especially there, especially if we understand Tinseltown's real motivation.

Truth and courage as Streepian illusion: They speak words of victims they never were, words they failed to say when it really counted and when it would have actually cost them. Ex post facto courage is a preferred tactic of the abject coward.

Weinstein was the Hollywood elite's Riefenstahl moment. The Golden Globes was an opportunity for them to come clean. Instead, they cloaked their cowardice and complicity in The Black Dress.

by Anonymousreply 114January 8, 2018 7:04 PM

Excellent take, R114.

If I am a bad boy and there is a Hell, I will be greeted upon arrival by Reese Witherspoon's voice. What a fucking twit.

by Anonymousreply 115January 8, 2018 7:18 PM

R114 is copying that out of tweeter. Begone troll.

I was so sad for Timothee. I for sure thought he would win.

by Anonymousreply 116January 8, 2018 7:28 PM

The whole black dress rally will have no effect as long as shows like this remain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 8, 2018 7:40 PM

R114 must be another one of Streep trolls.

by Anonymousreply 118January 8, 2018 7:45 PM

I bet Stedman gave it to Oprah good last night.

Sidenote, you want to know if Oprah will actually run for President in 2020???

If she marries Stedman before or during 2019, it's almost guaranteed she'll run. I'm calling it.

by Anonymousreply 119January 8, 2018 8:05 PM

Women reducing women to fashion plates and coat hangers while the men do the heavy living and winning Best Director. Have fun, ladies, applaud loudly in solidarity while we go make the actual movies you are in. Even Greta had Noah Baumbach at home, though I notice he is never mentioned even by her. Wonder why...

by Anonymousreply 120January 8, 2018 8:17 PM

Is someone here asking about me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 8, 2018 8:37 PM

[quote]If she marries Stedman before or during 2019, it's almost guaranteed she'll run. I'm calling it.

Does the same apply if Andy marries Aunt Sandy?

by Anonymousreply 122January 8, 2018 8:52 PM

The US faced enough embarrassment with Trump, GWB, and Reagan. Please, no Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 123January 8, 2018 8:56 PM

Good one, R119.

by Anonymousreply 124January 9, 2018 2:01 AM

Why does this thread have a strikethrough?

by Anonymousreply 125January 9, 2018 2:01 AM

[quote]@IvankaTrump

[quote]Ivanka Trump Retweeted Golden Globe Awards

[quote]Just saw @Oprah's empowering & inspiring speech at last night’s #GoldenGlobes. Let’s all come together, women & men, & say #TIMESUP! #United

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126January 9, 2018 3:04 AM

R116, can you not fucking read or you simply a complete idiot?

THE FIRST LINE OF MY POST: "A comment made by a NYTimes reader says it all"

It wasn't a tweet on twitter you twit.

by Anonymousreply 127January 9, 2018 5:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!