Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis -- Part 23

Who’d have thought, 22 parts ago, that we would still have NO answer to the question “Who’s gay on the ATP tour?” Not a single top 100 player has come out. Ever. It’s been Big Bill Tilden and Von Cramm, then only rumours and innuendo. Thank goddess for our much more courageous sisters!

And thank the tennis gods the AO is just around the corner, where we might finally see yet another new generation to wrest the best silverware from Granddad Fed and Abuelo Nadal, and where we start to get a glimpse of what a post-Serena WTA might look like. As dire as we suspect, or as exciting and compelling as Ben and Courtney keep saying it is?

by Anonymousreply 601March 11, 2018 9:58 PM

[quote] ot a single top 100 player has come out. Ever. It’s been Big Bill Tilden and Von Cramm, then only rumours and innuendo.

the retired former top 100 who came out last year...the one we don't recall the name...Brian something?

by Anonymousreply 1January 6, 2018 1:26 PM

Brian Vahaly.

by Anonymousreply 2January 6, 2018 1:30 PM

True, r1 and r2, and he’s now a happily married man. But, unlike our sisters on the WTA tour, ain’t nobody ever come out while still playing and in the top 100.

by Anonymousreply 3January 6, 2018 1:43 PM

Thanks, OP!

And it's true: our gay sisters have WAY more balls.

by Anonymousreply 4January 6, 2018 2:00 PM

R4, I disagree

by Anonymousreply 5January 6, 2018 2:54 PM

Monfils just beat Mia Farrow in Qatar

by Anonymousreply 6January 6, 2018 3:18 PM

Gotta love Gael

by Anonymousreply 7January 6, 2018 3:20 PM

poor Genie suffered a buttocks injury at the Hopman Cup

"My arse hurts," Bouchard said after the match.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2018 3:21 PM

[quote]Former world No.5 Eugenie Bouchard hopes her Australian Open campaign won't be derailed by a buttocks injury

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2018 4:29 PM

Simon has won in Pune

So 2 French titles this week

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2018 4:32 PM

what does Pune smell like?

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2018 5:11 PM

R11, like Jennifer Capriati's snatch.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2018 5:16 PM

^ garlic and yeast?

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2018 5:50 PM

Halep won Shenzhen and Svitolina won Brisbane.

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2018 8:35 PM

Kerber is a pathetic closet case tho. But she's not really relevant anymore I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2018 8:40 PM

Svitolina appears to be a strong WTA talent, but she seems so fucking DULL. I've said it before, but the WTA seems to be trending the way of the LPGA, with players that have technical strengths, but are utterly lacking in any personality.

Quick...name a Top Ten golfer on the LPGA Tour.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2018 8:42 PM

r15 She doesn't have a boyfriend though, and she never presented a boyfriend to the media before, if she is lesbian, she isn't very closeted, and an important reason why she didn't do well after her Grand Slam wins is that she doesn't have a boyfriend and isn't very closeted, difficult to market.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2018 8:58 PM

I don't think Kerber is lesbian. Just a standard German woman.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2018 9:14 PM

I think she's lovely.

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2018 9:16 PM

R15 - uh? What has her not having a boyfriend to do with her not doing well? I mean, I sort of get the marketing thing (even though I also wouldn't say it has to do with her not having a bf - she's simply not very good at the whole thing, is very awkward, doesn't have much of a personality etc). Anyway, her playing shit tennis after her great year has nothing to do with her having no bf. IDK whether she's closeted or not tho, she always claimed she was looking for a dude but that it was hard lol.

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2018 9:18 PM

Kerber is probably a virgin. She had a lesbian as a physio last year - really good one, too - but then suddenly got rid.

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2018 9:35 PM

Oh, she's no virgin.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2018 9:40 PM

R21 probably. that's also why she's so goddamn tense all the time. She need to get laid.

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2018 9:45 PM

Goerges def. Wozniacki for the Auckland title and strengthens her winning record against her

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2018 2:19 AM

Kiki Mladenovic lost again -- and to someone ranked 350!!

How embarrassing for the WTA that her losing streak (14!) is higher than her current singles ranking (11). Do Courtney and Ben want to chime in and defend this?

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2018 6:37 AM

R25, She was not feeling well I think

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2018 7:28 AM

R25 it was due to the heat in Sydney, over 40°C, probably hotter on the court.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2018 9:05 AM

So Kyrgios dumps Trumptard Harrison 4 and 2 in the Brisbane final. Good to see!

The Eurosport commentators said something about there being a bit of history between the two, but didn't specify any further. Has anyone got any idea what the spat between Kyrgios and Harrison might have been about?

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2018 9:24 AM

Kyrgios' play was too sexy for Harrison.

R28 Harrison commented on the Kyrgios/Wawrinka incident from a couple years ago when Kyrgios said during the match that Kokkinakis had sex with Vekic. Harrison said Wawrinka should have punched out Kyrgios for that comment.

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2018 9:27 AM

Nick K is so delightful to watch when he is on . Only Gramps I enjoy more .

This is so refreshing after watching more than a decade of Nadal, Misery and Nole

by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2018 9:29 AM

14 match wins in a row for Julia Goerges.

14 defeats in a row for Kristina Mladenovic

by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2018 9:38 AM

Kerber played really well in the Hopman Cup, lesbian or not, it will be exciting to see her in AO.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2018 10:23 AM

I read something about the tension between Nick and Ryan. Nick acknowledged there probably was tension, and in their only previous match, he said, Harrison only got about six games or something. WHAT a dish! I was hoping to be awake to watch the match, but I didn't. I just now checked the scores, and Nick won, losing only six games! WOW! I bet Harrison punched through a wall or two. Can you imagine the pressure--you've just barely escaped the round before against a local future 18yo star, and then, you read about how your next opponent is already discrediting your skill. You fire yourself up, and then repeat your total game effort. Harrison has got to be pissed!

by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2018 10:55 AM

Oh thank God ESL has found this thread. I wouldn’t know what to think about Andy Murray or any other player for that matter without his profound, incessant yap.

by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2018 11:24 AM

Good to see that Misery fanboys also have found this thread

Unfortunately for them they have to wait at least for a month to fawn over their woke Misery

by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2018 12:05 PM

What's the latest on Margaret Court? (Sorry, I haven't followed tennis since the U.S. Open.) Any players saying they won't play on her court at the Aussie Open?

by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2018 12:28 PM

[quote] Any players saying they won't play on her court at the Aussie Open?

Why would any player say something like that ? Just because she opposed gay marriage?That would be counter productive

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2018 12:43 PM

R37, it wouldn't be counterproductive if a lot of players protested, resulting in the court being renamed after Evonne Goolagong or someone else.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2018 12:48 PM

Kyrgios was way out bounds during that match, R29, and then he showed what a huge douche he can be when he tried to minimize the whole thing with insolence and no apology in the press conference afterward. A lot of people would've liked to have seen him punched in the face. Harrison's smug Trumpsterism is even worse. I skipped the match since I didn't want to see either of them win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2018 2:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2018 2:01 PM

R37 has been living under a rock, apparently—it's not just about gay marriage, r37. Court has become the spokesperson for the most virulent of antigay positions in Australia. She is boycotting Qantas because the CEO took a pro-yes stance on the recent postal-vote on marriage equality, and is now threatening to leave the conservative Liberal party because it didn't stand behind Tony Abbott and his repressive view of homosexuality (and "religious liberty", which is alt-right shorthand for "licence to discriminate", and conversion therapy). But even worse is that she had nothing but the vilest of things to say about Dellacqua and her children with partner Amanda Judd in an open letter to a national newspaper. A recent cherry-on-the-cake is her assertion that transgenderism is the work of the devil, and that while she was on tour the big ole lezzies would lure the younger girls to their parties to seduce them and turn them into lesbians—and this is still happening, she says: the gays "are coming after our young ones."

There was talk of trying to get the name of the Margaret Court Arena changed, but Tennis Australia are mum on the issue and probably waiting to see how much of a reaction from players and fans the question will generate before making any moves. I think that most players with very strong views on the matter are probably working behind the scenes to avoid being put on the arena for their matches. After the pretty unpleasant climate during the marriage equality debate, I think most people just want to let the 60+% yeses speak for themselves and let the whole situation cool down.

I notice that Court was sitting in the front row for the Hopman Cup finals yesterday, and was mentioned twice in passing by the Western Australian premier, Labour's Mark McGowan, who backed marriage equality and formally and officially apologised to anyone convicted over homosexual acts under older draconian laws in Western Australia. I think the sense of this is that hatchets have been buried, but that Court is on a short lease—things stay as they are (i.e., she can continue to be styled "Margaret Court, the greatest tennis player Australia has ever produced"), unless she decides to come out with more incendiary remarks.

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2018 2:35 PM

Thanks for the update, r41. Much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2018 2:42 PM

I hope Kerber makes a comeback. Sure she is a pusher but I kind of like her.

by Anonymousreply 43January 7, 2018 3:53 PM

[quote]that while she was on tour the big ole lezzies would lure the younger girls to their parties to seduce them and turn them into lesbians

Oh, now, this is awkward... um, how should I put this?

by Anonymousreply 44January 7, 2018 3:59 PM

[R43] I think she has made modifications in her game recently - she attacks earlier instead of being defensive and looking for a counter-punch opportunity. It might be she realizes she is getting to old to just run after these balls and be on the defensive side, look how it drains players like Rafa or Murray.

by Anonymousreply 45January 7, 2018 5:19 PM

That's an interesting observation , r45. I hope she can continue that more aggressive play at the Aussie Open, especially when a match gets tight and the natural inclination is to retreat to your comfort zone.

by Anonymousreply 46January 7, 2018 5:43 PM

Any German posters? What's up with Boris Becker's son being the target of so much hate from the right wing party in Germany? Just because he's half black?

by Anonymousreply 47January 7, 2018 5:54 PM

Noah Rubin won the challenger in New Caledonia and the trophy is a black, ribbed dildo (or at least that's how it looks).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 7, 2018 6:33 PM

So now Margaret Court has decided *she's* boycotting the Australian Open.

She not happy with the backlash, apparently. But she doesn't hate the gays. Apparently.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49January 7, 2018 8:45 PM

Becker's 2 older sons are both handsome. A shame neither plays tennis

by Anonymousreply 50January 7, 2018 8:55 PM

Here's the story, r47. It appears it's not so much that he's a specific target for racist cunts in Germany, but that racist cunts have now got a party whose members have been given free rein to tweet racist shit wherever and whenever. They've been elected by "the people," after all.

Sound familiar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 7, 2018 9:22 PM

I guess, R49, that Margaret Court is as vile as ever. Yes, it's "childish" for gays to want the right to marry. What a miserable c*nt!

by Anonymousreply 52January 7, 2018 9:33 PM

The latest on Margaret Court is that she's still a bigoted cunt.

by Anonymousreply 53January 8, 2018 10:15 AM

Stephens loses 63 60 to Giorgi

Bouchard loses 64 63 to Sabalenka

by Anonymousreply 54January 8, 2018 10:32 AM

So apparently Sascha hit Nick on the mouth then gave him a cuddle to apologize.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 8, 2018 10:40 AM

And he is self-aware...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 8, 2018 10:41 AM

Full video . Gaygor was also there. HE was Sasha partner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 8, 2018 11:32 AM

Thresome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 8, 2018 11:48 AM

Britain's Andy Murray has had hip surgery in Melbourne and says he hopes to be playing again in time for this summer's grass-court season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 8, 2018 1:04 PM

Poor Andy.

Sascha took Dimitrov with him to Melbourne and Kokkinakis is making fun of his plane photos, haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 8, 2018 1:28 PM

Grigor and Lleyton holding hands and walking away as Sascha was making sure Nick was alive

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 8, 2018 3:42 PM

Gays watching tennis

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 8, 2018 4:40 PM

Only one out three in that on-court threesome was attractive. Too bad.

by Anonymousreply 63January 8, 2018 5:56 PM

Sabalenka is going to be top 20 if she keeps playing this way and stays healthy. She can hit the ball hard on both sides and big serves too. Her movement is not amazing but decent for her size.

by Anonymousreply 64January 8, 2018 6:22 PM

R64, I agree, but her grunting is as criminal as Azarenka's and Maria's.

by Anonymousreply 65January 8, 2018 6:27 PM

R65 yes I agree. Her grunt actually sounds like Sharapova's when she's not shrieking. I saw the highlights of her final last fall against Sharapova. Sabalenka was ahead in both sets but got tight. If she didn't get tight she was going to win that. I wouldn't be surprised if she wins Hobart this week and none of the top seeds will want to draw her early at the AO

by Anonymousreply 66January 8, 2018 6:38 PM

Why did Misery have surgery in Oz?

by Anonymousreply 67January 8, 2018 9:16 PM

I knew Sloane was too lazy to keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 68January 8, 2018 9:42 PM

^ hopefully she'll turn it on in Melbourne

by Anonymousreply 69January 8, 2018 10:37 PM

R67, NHS crisis.

by Anonymousreply 70January 8, 2018 11:55 PM

Kerber vs. Safarova was a decent match yesterday. They had a lot of quality rallies.

by Anonymousreply 71January 9, 2018 12:37 AM

18 year old Alex De Minaur continues to impress. He comfortably defeated Verdasco just now.

by Anonymousreply 72January 9, 2018 4:44 AM

Good to hear, r72. I’ve heard good things about him, but never seen him play. What’s his style? Strengths and weaknesses?

by Anonymousreply 73January 9, 2018 7:02 AM

He's not very tall. I think he's no more than 5'11. He's very aggressive and hard-hitting on his groundstrokes. He had some nice rallies last week against Mmoh and then Harrison. Verdasco was very frustrated at how consistent De Minaur was today. I think his serve is decent for his height.

by Anonymousreply 74January 9, 2018 8:44 AM

Tsitsipas loses to Lacko (I forgot Lacko is still around)

Donaldson easily beats Simon

On women side Radwanska beats Konta

by Anonymousreply 75January 9, 2018 8:54 AM

So now Marion Bartoli recognizes that she did not lose the weight because of a virus; she lost all the weight because her then boyfriend was bullying her for being fat. "He was an absolute douchebag." DL sleuths knew there was a rat all along!

by Anonymousreply 76January 9, 2018 9:12 AM

Marion always brings the cray.

by Anonymousreply 77January 9, 2018 10:06 AM

Another interesting fact re de Minaur, r74—according to the ATP he was born in Sydney, but resides in Alicante, Spain. Most Oz players who are “stationed” abroad tend to be in the States (usually Florida, though Rafter opted for Bermuda, IIRC). Wonder what the deal is there?

by Anonymousreply 78January 9, 2018 10:28 AM

R78

From an article about published last year:

"The son of a Spanish mother and Uruguayan father, De Minaur was born in Sydney but moved to Spain at five. He spent eight years in Alicante, in Spain, before returning to Australia as a 13-year-old, recently returning to Spain when his parents' Sydney restaurant closed."

by Anonymousreply 79January 9, 2018 10:34 AM

Thanks, r79. Nobody does research and fact checking better than the DL! We should all get into sleuthing—collectively, I reckon we’d be unbeatable!

by Anonymousreply 80January 9, 2018 11:00 AM

It's just after noon here, EST, and the Aussie qualifying draws are out. Some of my (and other DL faves) are playing today, including Groth, Rubin, Popsicle, Paul...other mega hotties as well. Sadly, too, there's the chance that some of these very favorites, unless in main draw doubles (like Groth), could be sent packing by our mid-week if they lose early. So often as I follow the ATP minor leagues and the Grand Slam qualies, so many players I've never heard of, or at least next to never, can surprise our "name" qualie stars, so it's no given that Popsicle or Rubin or Mmoh (HOT!) will make it through even the opening qualifying round.

by Anonymousreply 81January 9, 2018 4:25 PM

When does Marion return ?

by Anonymousreply 82January 9, 2018 5:10 PM

wondering how Pospisil did today ... he of the giant cock ...

by Anonymousreply 83January 10, 2018 12:17 AM

Sabalenka Aryna defeated top seed in Hobart

by Anonymousreply 84January 10, 2018 4:19 AM

Where is Tursunov? I heard that he did a little bit of coaching last year. Is he still playing?

by Anonymousreply 85January 10, 2018 4:20 AM

Every time Sabalenka grunts, I want to scream #MeToo. I feel violated everytime I watch her and hear her screams.

by Anonymousreply 86January 10, 2018 4:24 AM

R85, his ranking's very low so no direct entry or even qualifying for him anymore. I think he's been coaching Elena Vesnina.

by Anonymousreply 87January 10, 2018 4:24 AM

Tursunov's allotment of protected ranking entries is up so he couldn't get in, only to withdraw from his first round match and collect his prize money.

Rubin and Mmoh already out in 1st round of qualies. Rubin got absolutely spanked. Wonder what happened there. Pospisil just won.

Surprised, and kind of pleased, to see that Tomic actually entered the qualifying draw.

by Anonymousreply 88January 10, 2018 5:40 AM

Sock loses to Gojowczyk

Querrey loses to Vesely

Johnson loses to Bautista

Inser loses to Chung

And DelPo easily beats Shapovalov

by Anonymousreply 89January 10, 2018 9:04 AM

And little Camila Giorgi just ousted Kvitova in Sydney.

by Anonymousreply 90January 10, 2018 9:51 AM

Groth is out as well.

by Anonymousreply 91January 10, 2018 10:23 AM

Damm the American men got torched.

by Anonymousreply 92January 10, 2018 10:25 AM

Gorgi can turn it on when she wants too. I thought Sam Groth retired?

by Anonymousreply 93January 10, 2018 1:13 PM

[quote]I thought Sam Groth retired?

This was his last singles match. He'll play doubles at the Australian Open with Lleyton Hewitt & mixed doubles with Sam Stosur and retire after that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 10, 2018 1:25 PM

I didn't know Serena was that friendly with Wawrinka and Djokovic but they've gifted her with some baby clothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 10, 2018 4:41 PM

Marion was supposed to come back for the Miami Open in March but then she says that she's 6 to 7 kilos overweight and Monica Seles texted her that "slow and steady wins the race" so she'll only come back when she's rid of the unwanted pounds. She likely will get wild cards at the FO and Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 96January 10, 2018 5:52 PM

Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Sydney citing right thigh injury. Her second pullout already this year (cramps in Brisbane).

Muguruza had five injury retirements last year.

by Anonymousreply 97January 10, 2018 6:05 PM

Taylor Fritz needs to take lessons from Muguruza on how to properly pull out.

by Anonymousreply 98January 10, 2018 6:49 PM

Laughing my ass off at 98.

by Anonymousreply 99January 11, 2018 3:48 AM

What's this I've been hearing about people having trouble with Sexstream?

by Anonymousreply 100January 11, 2018 4:34 AM

My sports channel is gong to broadcast Aussie open live draw ceremony . It is going to start in less than half hour.

Lets hope Nadal will face Nole in round 4. Nole is in great form.

He totally destroyed Domi's ass yesterday

by Anonymousreply 101January 11, 2018 6:40 AM

2017 French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko is now being represented by IMG and agent Max Eisenbud (Sharapova, Li, Sock).

by Anonymousreply 102January 11, 2018 6:41 AM

Keys too.

by Anonymousreply 103January 11, 2018 7:27 AM

the main draws are out. I don't like the draws.

by Anonymousreply 104January 11, 2018 9:18 AM

[quote] He totally destroyed Domi's ass yesterday

The image.

by Anonymousreply 105January 11, 2018 9:57 AM

De Monsur is a real deal

by Anonymousreply 106January 11, 2018 10:16 AM

So Nole has recovered from his 'personal problems'? Is he still hanging with that loon Pepe Imaz?

by Anonymousreply 107January 11, 2018 10:33 AM

His name is actually DE MINAUR. oops

by Anonymousreply 108January 11, 2018 10:33 AM

Twink Minaur topped daddy Lopez's luscious ass .

In porn I generally like other way around but in tennis I will take it since tennis really needs fresh blood

by Anonymousreply 109January 11, 2018 11:06 AM

ESL, it sure looks as if Minaur is the real deal.

Draws are out. Nadal has a cake draw early on.

by Anonymousreply 110January 11, 2018 11:17 AM

I have to say those plugs are working for him. He looks as sexy as ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111January 11, 2018 11:56 AM

It's no wonder that Serena is skipping the Aussie Open this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 11, 2018 12:48 PM

Ugh, Nadal with an yet another easy draw and Federer with a nightmare draw. If Nadal wins another Grand Slam because people roll over or he doesn't have to beat anyone ranked over #28 in the world, I'll vomit. At least last year, they both had fairly similar draws.

by Anonymousreply 113January 11, 2018 12:58 PM

What about Djokovic? I didn’t watch him destroy Thiem’s famous ass. Is he good enough to win another AO?

by Anonymousreply 114January 11, 2018 3:01 PM

Grigor also has a pretty soft draw, with qualifiers for the first two rounds. That should leave him relatively rested for a potential match against Kyrgios or maybe Tsonga in the 4th round.

by Anonymousreply 115January 11, 2018 3:11 PM

Time will tell if Roger has a "nightmare" draw, R113. Stan can be on fire or wilt. Novak's elbow and lack of fire have been huge weaknesses. Del Potro or Querry may pose a threat. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 116January 11, 2018 3:16 PM

I just saw that Halep and Wozniacki are seeded 1 and 2. Is this the first time that the top two seeds at a Major had never won a Major?

by Anonymousreply 117January 11, 2018 3:20 PM

I didn't see the match, r114, but the 6-1, 6-4 score was certainly impressive, given that it was Djokovic's first match since Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 118January 11, 2018 3:49 PM

Nadal has had the easiest early round draws of any long-term top player. Really it's insane. He very rarely draws anyone before round 3 who could threaten him. Federer has a soft draw in the opening rounds too though he might have a bit of a tussle against Struff.

Halep's draw is rough.

by Anonymousreply 119January 11, 2018 5:43 PM

r117, no it is not. For three of the four slams in 2011, Wozniacki was the number one seed, with Vera Zvonareva as the 2nd seed. There have likely been more.

by Anonymousreply 120January 11, 2018 6:24 PM

It will be interesting how deep Djokovic goes....

by Anonymousreply 121January 11, 2018 7:50 PM

Australian Open thread:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 11, 2018 10:15 PM

[quote] R121 It will be interesting how deep Djokovic goes....

Why is everyone looking at me?

by Anonymousreply 123January 11, 2018 11:37 PM

Strangely I have never noticed that how cute RBA is and how beautiful Robia HAase is

by Anonymousreply 124January 12, 2018 3:32 AM

Haase is very hot. That curly hair is irresistible.

by Anonymousreply 125January 12, 2018 11:20 AM

Radwanska will drop out of top 30 for the first time since 2007.

by Anonymousreply 126January 12, 2018 11:21 AM

R36. What you trying to say? That she will officially become a journey woman ?

by Anonymousreply 127January 12, 2018 11:58 AM

I meant R126

by Anonymousreply 128January 12, 2018 11:58 AM

Wow, r120, I had completely forgotten about Zvonareva. Hard to believe she was once the #2 woman.

by Anonymousreply 129January 12, 2018 12:47 PM

Yikes, in next week's rankings, Bouchard will fall out of the top 100 for the first time in five years.

by Anonymousreply 130January 12, 2018 12:51 PM

Zvonareva is still playing. Lost in the first round of AO qualifying. So did Schnyder.

by Anonymousreply 131January 12, 2018 1:42 PM

we're finally getting a young gun final! De Minaur vs. Medvedev for the Sydney title. Whoever wins will be a first time titlist.

by Anonymousreply 132January 12, 2018 6:33 PM

Any betters on DL ? how much money bookies paid to Fog when he was leading 6/2,3/1 ,40/40 at Daniel's serve . He lost 9 out of 11 games after that .Medvedev was struggling physically too due to heat Total implosion by Fog.

Something similar happed in 2nd semifinal against Paire/Alex too though not that bizarre

by Anonymousreply 133January 12, 2018 6:58 PM

James Blake is the new tournament director at the Miami Open.

by Anonymousreply 134January 12, 2018 7:17 PM

Verdasco getting massage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 12, 2018 8:18 PM

Is that Felix Mantilla sitting next to Lleyton Hewett at the De Minaur–Medvedev final in Sydney? It sure looks like him...

Somebody up-thread said that De Minaur is the real deal. Even if he loses this final (and I don’t think he will), he really is the real deal. The way he pulled Paire apart last night, along with Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez, was worthy of someone much older and more experienced. I am truly impressed.

by Anonymousreply 136January 13, 2018 7:53 AM

R136, he’s really top drawer. Well he is.

by Anonymousreply 137January 13, 2018 8:18 AM

Medvedev-De Minaur is as compelling as the WTA. And Medvedev is chocking like a random WTA player

by Anonymousreply 138January 13, 2018 9:12 AM

Medvedev is not going to the net even if they push him with a gun

He breaks again. Also because De Minaur went immediately down 0-40. Then deuce. And then Med breaks after one of these rallies with De Minaur running everywhere and Medvedeva too afraid to push a definitive ball.

Now let's see if he can close

by Anonymousreply 139January 13, 2018 9:21 AM

Last time he served for match, he went down 0--40

He takes the first point after one of the usual rallies. And then two winning services

3 match points

Medvedev wins.

by Anonymousreply 140January 13, 2018 9:23 AM

[quote]Medvedev is chocking like a random WTA player

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 141January 13, 2018 9:27 AM

*choking

I don't want him dead. Same for the random WTA player

by Anonymousreply 142January 13, 2018 9:29 AM

The minotaur is slayed.

by Anonymousreply 143January 13, 2018 9:30 AM

Little Glorie!

by Anonymousreply 144January 13, 2018 11:11 AM

MErtens won two titles today[both singles and doubles]in Hobart. Last week she also performed well . She has been slow but steady rise for past 18 months

by Anonymousreply 145January 13, 2018 3:22 PM

Ok, serious question—why are almost all the Gays and Tennis threads now greyed and crossed out? This is also true for the new Australian Open thread. My settings are at “asbestos eyes,” so that can’t be it. What’s more, I’m actually the OP for quite a few of these threads, so I certainly haven’t F&Fed them. Is this Muriel’s doing, or is there a concerted effort to make these threads disappear? And if so, why on earth would that be?? I really do find this unfathomable.

by Anonymousreply 146January 13, 2018 4:11 PM

OP, What are asbestos eyes? Is that some special setting for creating threads?

by Anonymousreply 147January 13, 2018 4:34 PM

Bautista Agut def. Del Potro in 3 sets for the Auckland title

Kerber def. Barty for Sidney

by Anonymousreply 148January 13, 2018 4:37 PM

Hooray for RBA!

by Anonymousreply 149January 13, 2018 4:38 PM

R146, the threads look fine to me, no grey, no cross-outs...?

by Anonymousreply 150January 13, 2018 4:41 PM

If crossed/greyed out, I assume OP has been flagged enough times either by you or by a number of other posters.

by Anonymousreply 151January 13, 2018 4:47 PM

[quote] And if so, why on earth would that be??

I don't want to sound homophobic or ageist and God in my heart knows I am not but But I think there are lot of gays on the DL especially Elder gays who are extremely lonely and frustrated with their lives

DL for them is probably the only outlet to communicate socially and channel their emotions[positively or negatively]

That is why you see so many DLers behave in extra sensitive and extra cunty. manner They have absolutely zero tolerance level of slightly different views. I don't think they behave in such an aggressive manner in their real lives.

So don't even try to psychoanalyze those queens who have FFed your threads[including this one].You can never predict what triggers them or what small comment made their head explode so they FFed this thread

It is very much possible that the people who FFing these tennis threads may not be visitors of these threads. They may be FF just to vent their frustration on other threads,

It is just guess and sorry for my bad English

by Anonymousreply 152January 13, 2018 5:30 PM

Ok, r152, maybe. I still think it’s odd, though.

by Anonymousreply 153January 13, 2018 5:33 PM

So Kerber wins in Sydney. She was already pretty solid with Zverev. She good again now? Who pulled the stick out of her ass?

by Anonymousreply 154January 13, 2018 8:25 PM

OMG Casper Ruud did it! He qualified for the first round. It might not sound like a big deal to you guys, but it's huge. Norway is such a tiny tennis country, it's awesome to see someone actually do well.

by Anonymousreply 155January 14, 2018 9:04 AM

Tremendous! Is Ruud looking to immigrate?

by Anonymousreply 156January 14, 2018 2:44 PM

11-9 in the fifth for Ruud over the yummy Halys. He moves to the second round to play Diego Schwartzman (winnable if Casper cuts down on the errors).

by Anonymousreply 157January 15, 2018 9:28 PM

R157, there’s a special AO thread. Link @r122.

by Anonymousreply 158January 16, 2018 6:07 AM

Diego Schwartzman also had 11/9 in 5th set in his 1st round match

by Anonymousreply 159January 16, 2018 8:23 AM

Both Domi and Kiki playing now at the same time . Their match started exactly at same time . . Who will loose first ?By the way Theim's opponent is equally yummy

by Anonymousreply 160January 16, 2018 8:26 AM

Popsicle won a Challenger in Rennes and will now be ranked #85

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 28, 2018 8:30 PM

Taylor Fritz won the Newport challenger.

Nishikori is playing the Dallas challenger this week. In an interesting twist of fate, his first round opponent is the same guy he just lost to in the first round of the Newport challenger. So either Kei will redeem himself or be completely humiliated.

by Anonymousreply 162January 29, 2018 2:13 AM

I want some Pouille kisses too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163January 29, 2018 3:09 AM

[quote]Popsicle won a Challenger in Rennes and will now be ranked #85

The ATP tour is so bizarre Dominic! Now look at the WTA tour: I have lost 15 matches in a row and now, for the first time, I'm stepping into the top 10! I think I can make the top 5 after 20 lost matches in a row.

by Anonymousreply 164January 29, 2018 1:36 PM

Are Domi and Kiki getting married? Or is she just using him to learn German?

by Anonymousreply 165January 29, 2018 3:39 PM

haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166January 29, 2018 4:54 PM

Nishikori redeemed himself by winning today in straight sets. He did get broken one time though

by Anonymousreply 167January 29, 2018 11:20 PM

Kei Pond!

by Anonymousreply 168January 29, 2018 11:22 PM

Kiki starts her defense of her title in St. Petersburg today against Cibulkova...good luck!

by Anonymousreply 169February 1, 2018 6:57 AM

Sekstream site is not working. is it working for somebody else ?

by Anonymousreply 170February 1, 2018 8:43 AM

Sexstream

by Anonymousreply 171February 1, 2018 12:46 PM

Kiki actually won her match against the other Domi(nica)! ..and Genie won 2 matches in Taipei

Sekastream seems to be working for me

by Anonymousreply 172February 1, 2018 1:31 PM

It must be a case of her feeling confident on a certain court. Some players can be a in a huge slump and then magically play better when they return to a tournament they've previously done well at

by Anonymousreply 173February 1, 2018 3:59 PM

Is that WTA Taiwan tournament played in some high school gym or some low-rent convention center. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 174February 1, 2018 4:16 PM

They look like red chili peppers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175February 1, 2018 6:13 PM

Petra being Petra won her match against Begu 6/3,1/6.6/1.

I am glad I am not a fan of her. Rooting for her must be like playing Russian roulette

by Anonymousreply 176February 1, 2018 6:30 PM

Is Petra a Nabataean?

by Anonymousreply 177February 1, 2018 6:33 PM

Boris Becker too has arrived for Germany vs Australia tie . When he was young he rarely played Davis cup

by Anonymousreply 178February 2, 2018 2:34 AM

I love Petra. She is a very nice person, and I enjoy watching her when her game is on. Such effortless power.

by Anonymousreply 179February 2, 2018 3:50 AM

Fog gonna Fog

by Anonymousreply 180February 2, 2018 4:43 AM

So I was watching the match between Yafan Wang and Genie Douchard and Genie was actually playing decent.

At 4/5 when she was serving to stay in 1st set I went to wash some dishes, prepare some quick snacks and checked out final set tiebreaker between Seppi/Sugita match. All of it took less than 25 minutes probably and when I returned boom!

douchard had already lost the match 4/6, 0/6

by Anonymousreply 181February 2, 2018 10:31 AM

My boyfriend loves me and thinks I'm beautiful" -- Mladenovic.

This news article is Russian so use Google translate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182February 2, 2018 10:44 AM

^ I hope a house falls on her

by Anonymousreply 183February 2, 2018 11:28 AM

Petra or Ostepenko?

Both are very talented and very mercurial .

by Anonymousreply 184February 2, 2018 12:42 PM

2 wins in a row for Mladenovic.

Kasatkina upsets #1 and AO champ Wozniacki

Kvitova destroys Ostapenko

by Anonymousreply 185February 2, 2018 6:10 PM

Day 1 of Davis Cup

France-Netherlands 1-1 (Mannarino lost easily to De Bekker. Gasquet won the other rubber)

Japan - Italy 1-1

Spain-Great Britain 1-1 (Bautista lost to Norrie)

Australia-Germany 1-1 (Zverev taken to 5th set by de Minaur)

Kazakhstan - Switzerland 2-0

Croatia-Canada 1-1

Serbia-USA 0-2

Belgium-Hungary 2-0

by Anonymousreply 186February 2, 2018 7:57 PM

The US Davis Cup team looks like a casting call for a Dumb and Dumber remake.

by Anonymousreply 187February 2, 2018 8:40 PM

lmao how the fuck did Bautista Agut lose to a no-name Brit? I mean I've never heard of that guy before ever.

by Anonymousreply 188February 2, 2018 9:18 PM

DL will like this: Coric topped Pospisil today

by Anonymousreply 189February 2, 2018 9:18 PM

^ would pay to see that

by Anonymousreply 190February 2, 2018 9:23 PM

Shapovalov & Porna

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 2, 2018 9:47 PM

I still think Shapovalov looks like a feminine version of Kate Makarova.

by Anonymousreply 192February 3, 2018 1:28 AM

He looks like Martina Navratilova in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 193February 3, 2018 1:36 AM

R193, Yes back in t he Judy Nelson era.

Martina was still really butch looking when she was with Rita Mae Brown, right?

by Anonymousreply 194February 3, 2018 1:51 AM

Petra in finals . Both players played a very high quality tennis .

by Anonymousreply 195February 3, 2018 12:26 PM

St. Petersburg final will be Kvitova vs. defending champ Mladenovic

tomorrow in Davis Cup the 2 highlight matches (for me at least) will be Kyrgios vs. Zverev and Coric vs. Shapovalov

by Anonymousreply 196February 3, 2018 4:53 PM

Porna v Shapo is great eye candy. Whose showing it, TC?

by Anonymousreply 197February 3, 2018 8:38 PM

Whose = Who's

by Anonymousreply 198February 3, 2018 9:01 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199February 3, 2018 9:23 PM

Blondes have more fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200February 3, 2018 9:24 PM

Monfils seems like a fun guy. He's got a lot of personality it's too bad he's such a stupid player. He's a great athlete and capable of hitting with power or touch but prefers to play the role of counter puncher. He's 1 of the biggest ATP underachievers in history.

by Anonymousreply 201February 3, 2018 11:15 PM

[quote]He's 1 of the biggest ATP underachievers in history.

Totally agree, R201.

by Anonymousreply 202February 3, 2018 11:19 PM

R202 Gasquet has a beautiful backhand and nice net skills but his serve is inconsistent, his forehand can break down (weird technique), he's not the best mover and was never super fit. Monfils has more weapons but chooses to be passive

by Anonymousreply 203February 3, 2018 11:24 PM

LOLl. Sasha kicked Nick Krygois'ass

by Anonymousreply 204February 4, 2018 5:18 AM

Davis Cup - Group IV

KYRGYZSTAN - TAJIKISTAN 3-0

tKirill KISTANOV-tShakhrom UMAROV 60 60

tEvgeniy BABAK-tFs ODINAEV 60 60

tEvgeniy BABAK /Kirill KISTANOV-tFirdavs ODINAEV /Shakhrom UMAROV 60 60

SINGAPORE - TAJIKISTAN 3-0

Hao Yuan NG-tAzamat MUKHUDINOV 60 60

tShaheed ALAM-tShakhrom UMAROV 60 60

tRoy HOBBS /Jensen HUI-tAzamat MUKHUDINOV /Shakhrom UMAROV 60 60

BARHAIN -TAJIKISTAN 3-0

tAli DAWANI-tFiruz MUKHIDINOV 60 60

tYusuf QAED -Firdavs ODINAEV 60 60

Hasan ABDULNABI /Ali DAWANI -tAzamat MUKHUDINOV /Firdavs ODINAEV 60 60

GUAM - TAJIKISTAN 3-0

tMason CALDWELL-tShakhrom UMAROV 60 60

Jean Pierre HUYNH-Firdavs ODINAEV 60 60

Mason CALDWELL /Jean Pierre HUYNH -Azamat MUKHUDINOV /Shakhrom UMAROV 60 60

But they won a game against Mongolia.

by Anonymousreply 205February 4, 2018 11:00 AM

This new British guy look like a real deal to me. Lets hope he doesn't fizzles out after this week

by Anonymousreply 206February 4, 2018 11:05 AM

and last but not least

TURKMENISTAN- TAJIKISTAN 3-0

Atlymyrat GURBANOV-Firuz MUKHIDINOV 60 60

Yuriy ROGUSSKIY-Firdavs ODINAEV 60 60

Atlymyrat GURBANOV / Yuriy ROGUSSKIY - Firuz MUKHIDINOV/Firdavs ODINAEV 60 60

KYRGYZSTAN TAJIKISTAN 3-0

Kirill KISTANOV-Shakhrom UMAROV 60 60

Evgeniy BABAK-Firdavs ODINAEV 60 60

Evgeniy BABAK / Kirill KISTANOV Firdavs ODINAEV/Shakhrom UMAROV 60 60

In the match against Yusuf Qaed from Barhain they got only 5 points in 2 sets.

by Anonymousreply 207February 4, 2018 11:13 AM

[quote]This new British guy look like a real deal to me. Lets hope he doesn't fizzles out after this week

Norrie?

He's been around, mostly building up his ranking on the Challenger circuit. Last year, he won a few Challenger titles, started playing in some Tour level events, and won his first match at a Slam when Tursunov retired (again).

by Anonymousreply 208February 4, 2018 12:28 PM

"and won his first match at a Slam when Tursunov retired (again)."

That was at the US Open.

by Anonymousreply 209February 4, 2018 12:29 PM

This Coric-Shapovalov match should be sponsored by Bel Ami.

by Anonymousreply 210February 4, 2018 12:46 PM

Go Shopgirl!

by Anonymousreply 211February 4, 2018 1:12 PM

Porna is playing really well today . I hope I am not jinxing him . He should finish the match in three . Shap is dangerous . If the match goes beyond three there is very little hope for Porna as Shaplovo is mentally very tough

by Anonymousreply 212February 4, 2018 2:05 PM

Porna has won

by Anonymousreply 213February 4, 2018 2:24 PM

Belgium and Spain also through

Someone, please, rescue France from Mannarino who has just got broken while serving for the match

by Anonymousreply 214February 4, 2018 2:25 PM

Don't worry I will rescue France from Mannarino

by Anonymousreply 215February 4, 2018 2:32 PM

Haase wins the tie break of the 4th. They go into the 5th set. Thankfully we have the tiebreak. Or they will finish tomorrow on 18-16 after getting broken 10 times each

by Anonymousreply 216February 4, 2018 2:37 PM

Kiki lost heavely to Kvitova but Domi just posted how proud he is of her.

by Anonymousreply 217February 4, 2018 2:47 PM

Love is blind.

by Anonymousreply 218February 4, 2018 3:25 PM

Mannarino wins 75

France qualifies for QF

by Anonymousreply 219February 4, 2018 3:29 PM

Gambill too had a "girlfriend" hot model when he was Thiem's age.

by Anonymousreply 220February 4, 2018 3:47 PM

Coric was in good form this weekend

by Anonymousreply 221February 4, 2018 5:08 PM

There is a new ATP 250 tournament .

It will start in NYC next week]tomorrow].

NYC generally doesn't host such small tournament

by Anonymousreply 222February 4, 2018 5:13 PM

EIGHT Davis Cup first-round ties. ZERO live 5th rubbers.

by Anonymousreply 223February 4, 2018 5:21 PM

The New York event relocated from Memphis.

Remember back in the 80s when about half of the ATP and WTA tours were in the US? Philly, Chicago, Indianapolis, San Fran, San Diego, etc.

by Anonymousreply 224February 4, 2018 5:30 PM

🎶 it’s tennis night in America 🎶

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225February 4, 2018 5:37 PM

R222 it's not tomorrow. It starts a week from tomorrow. There actually used to be a small tournament on Long Island ahead of the USO btw

by Anonymousreply 226February 4, 2018 5:58 PM

Watching some of the old WTA videos on youtube I am struck by how many tournaments were in the US and not just in California or Florida but also flyover territory. Yet the seats were always full. Now the WTA has to resort to China and Tashkent with half-empty or totally empty stadiums.

by Anonymousreply 227February 4, 2018 6:09 PM

R224, Pete Sampras noticed loss of interest in tennis among American sports fans during late 90s . He was playings some masters tournament in Europe and reached final of that . During the press conference only one American press reporter was there . He told that "everyone either watches basketball or [American]football these days".

And that was era when Pete,Agassi , Chang, Todd Martin were in Top ten tennis players . No one paid any attention to poor JMG and these days players like Ryan Harrison, and Steve Johnson are getting highlighted by McEnroe. Poor JMG would have been tennis star had he played in this era ..

So you can understand why organizers are not getting big sponsors to host big tournaments in USA

by Anonymousreply 228February 4, 2018 6:11 PM

Good leaders are key to any profession. US Davis Cup Team Captain Jim Courier shares what personal attributes have helped to make his team successful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229February 4, 2018 6:21 PM

Young Grigor

by Anonymousreply 230February 4, 2018 6:29 PM

Why does the USTA keep employing Courier? He's won one Davis Cup in the last 10 years. All the other federations replace their captains every couple years.

by Anonymousreply 231February 4, 2018 6:38 PM

R231 maybe none of the other former top male players want the gig? I mean Patrick McEnroe only got his positions because of his brother's name. I'm sure Justin Gimmelstob would love to be Davis Cup captain but he was a journeyman, even more so than Patrick.

by Anonymousreply 232February 4, 2018 7:16 PM

I’ve never stobbed a gimmel. :(

by Anonymousreply 233February 4, 2018 7:17 PM

I think there'd be plenty who'd want the job - Blake, Roddick, Fish, Ginepri. It's just Courier has been totally mediocre but still has a job. I guess this is a consquence of no one caring much about tennis in the US anymore.

by Anonymousreply 234February 4, 2018 9:27 PM

Anyone know the story behind why Dimitrov is not playing in Sofia this week? The tournament was only moved there because of Grigor's success.

by Anonymousreply 235February 5, 2018 1:45 AM

I think it's because of a shoulder injury R235

by Anonymousreply 236February 5, 2018 1:51 AM

Or, R232/R234...they could hire a college coach or someone with the actual experience and skills to help players win matches. But, what do I know? Let's totally keep hiring overrated former pro players.

Meanwhile, Stevie Johnson gives me total 70s fuckbud realness. I would...anytime...anyplace.

by Anonymousreply 237February 5, 2018 1:57 AM

R237, I used to think that about Stevie quite a bit. He has a rocking bod and all, but there's a Dudley-Do-Right-Goody-Goody-Twoshoes aspect of him that has sort of cooled my jets. He'd be a hot neighbor to have, the bro who washes his car shirtless kind of thing. Politics aside and all, my favorite hot Americans of late are Harrison, Rubin, Mmoh, maybe Tiafoe. And Kudla.

by Anonymousreply 238February 5, 2018 11:36 AM

My list would delete Super Mario Johnson and vacant-eyed, milk-fed, corn-bred, brain-dead generic Trumpster Harrison, R238. Added to the list would be DJ Thomas, Ernesto Escobedo, Tommy Paul, and Mackenzie McDonald.

by Anonymousreply 239February 5, 2018 12:17 PM

Oh, yes, forgot about Paul and Escobedo.

by Anonymousreply 240February 5, 2018 6:46 PM

Nishikori won the Dallas challenger yesterday. He's rounding back into better form

by Anonymousreply 241February 5, 2018 7:04 PM

I love quirky tennis stats. 3-time defending Quito champ Estrella Burgos (he only has 3 titles btw) just defeated Bellucci for the 4th time. All 4 times they've played have been in Quito, en route to Estrella Burgos winning the title. This is the only time they played in the first round though.

by Anonymousreply 242February 6, 2018 2:56 AM

Kudla is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 243February 6, 2018 3:22 AM

R243, is he Kudly too?

by Anonymousreply 244February 6, 2018 3:45 AM

Estrella Burgos has a really slutty tattoo.

by Anonymousreply 245February 6, 2018 3:47 AM

Fed cup this week

by Anonymousreply 246February 6, 2018 4:33 AM

Is this where we talk about Fed Cup?

by Anonymousreply 247February 6, 2018 8:02 AM

PLEASE SEND HELP TO HELP

Vasile Dîncu, former Deputy Prime Minster of Romania, calls Simona Halep not having a clothing sponsor an "injustice and insult" to her and asks 3 million Romanians who watched #ausopen18 final to send 1 euro each to crowdfund their "great champion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248February 6, 2018 4:49 PM

while that is unfair, Venus hasn't (unless something changed and I missed it) had a clothing deal since over 10 years ago. She then came up with her own clothing line and has been dressing herself since.

Meanwhile a proven cheater like Sharapova never got dropped from Nike even though she hasn't won a slam since 2014. In 2007, Serena won the AO with a threat from Nike that they would drop her if her results didn't start to pick up. Before that, her last slam was at the 2005 AO.

Go figure. Endorsements certainly aren't fair.

by Anonymousreply 249February 6, 2018 5:17 PM

That's great news about Nishikori, r241. He seems like one of the nicer guys on the tour.

by Anonymousreply 250February 6, 2018 5:43 PM

Simon is so cute

by Anonymousreply 251February 6, 2018 7:32 PM

Considering Sharapova and the Pink Horror inflicted on at us last month at the AO, what better time to boycott Nike?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252February 7, 2018 1:11 AM

Ohh God Dustn brown retired when he was leading 7/6. 5/2 against French man Mahut. This must one of the most heart breaking retirement of recent time

by Anonymousreply 253February 7, 2018 2:24 PM

sad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 7, 2018 2:25 PM

Montpelier indoor center tennis court is just beautiful but court no 1 is too noisy . I don't know how players play on that court with consistent noise comes from adjacent practice courts

by Anonymousreply 255February 7, 2018 2:40 PM

Dustin Brown is another super underachiever (not to mention very handsome). He is pretty limited to success on grass, indoor and faster outdoor hardcourts but when he's on, he can beat almost anyone (2-0 vs. Nadal). His biggest problem is he never got good enough coaching and sponsorship when he was younger and tactically he can be stupid. He's got a great first serve, forehand, speed and touch. His backhand can go off but he can also hit winners on that side. He's just inconsistent and like today, makes stupid decisions. When you're very close to victory, it's not a good idea to go for a showy, risky shot. The behind-the-back shot is flashy and looks easy but it can be rough on the back muscles.

by Anonymousreply 256February 7, 2018 6:17 PM

*looks easy but obviously it's not and can be rough on the back muscles. Hopefully he didn't tear anything and it's just a strain

by Anonymousreply 257February 7, 2018 6:18 PM

Federer is taking a wild card into next week’s tournament in Rotterdam, where he will have the chance to reclaim the no. 1 ranking for the first time in more than five years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258February 7, 2018 8:29 PM

R258 Talk about vulturing!

by Anonymousreply 259February 7, 2018 8:30 PM

Any Misery news? I miss his thighs.

by Anonymousreply 260February 7, 2018 8:33 PM

[QUOTE] Any Misery news? I miss his thighs.

They're currently wrapped around my neck, but thanks for checking in!

by Anonymousreply 261February 7, 2018 8:37 PM

bad idea. he will injured due to exertion

by Anonymousreply 262February 7, 2018 9:32 PM

Savchenko/Massot will skate in the Team Event.

Is it true that Canada will use Seguin/Bilodeau for the FS?

by Anonymousreply 263February 7, 2018 9:51 PM

wrong sport/thread R263 😉

by Anonymousreply 264February 7, 2018 9:58 PM

I miss Andy’s thighs too.

by Anonymousreply 265February 8, 2018 1:54 AM

The camera work at Montpelier is so exceptional! Almost all the guys look so hot. Maybe the French are just better looking or something. Can’t put my finger on it. Anyone know why?

by Anonymousreply 266February 8, 2018 11:42 AM

Another vote for Misery's thighs. Please come back!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267February 8, 2018 11:47 AM

Montpellier 2R: Dzumhur def. Bemelmans 7-5 6-4 11 of first 14 games in this match were breaks of serve.

by Anonymousreply 268February 8, 2018 3:25 PM

PCB lost his first match against a very low rankef player in Chile clay court tournament

by Anonymousreply 269February 9, 2018 4:15 PM

Yummy Popsicle, Mmoh, and Rubin doing well in challengers this week.

Lots of hot guys in the challengers, yet the cameras are so far away from them, especially during changeovers.

by Anonymousreply 270February 9, 2018 4:20 PM

R270, perhaps the cameramen are trying to protect us by not getting too close to save us from being blinded and melted by Popsicle’s beauty?

by Anonymousreply 271February 9, 2018 4:26 PM

Those blasted cameramen again.

We've speculated before on here why that is: heteros, player requests due to modesty, USTA prudes...Whatever the reason, I think that they should realize that even though we at DL in this thread love tennis, tennis is often still a niche sport, and the hot players need to sell the game.

Only the hot MEN players, though.

by Anonymousreply 272February 9, 2018 6:14 PM

R272 outfits should automatically go back to shorter shorts and men should wear tank tops like the women do.

by Anonymousreply 273February 9, 2018 6:22 PM

[quote] Only the hot MEN players, though.

Totally agree!

by Anonymousreply 274February 9, 2018 6:28 PM

With required tank top removal at every changeover or else it's a point penalty.

And, thanks Pammy for your support. We need an insider like you...but settle down!

by Anonymousreply 275February 9, 2018 6:30 PM

Serena only scheduled for playing doubles (with Lauren Davis, not her sister) at the Fed Cup this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 276February 9, 2018 6:38 PM

Noah Rubin. Yum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277February 9, 2018 8:30 PM

^ nice nips

by Anonymousreply 278February 9, 2018 9:15 PM

That traitor Garcia again missed the Fed cup

by Anonymousreply 279February 10, 2018 10:02 AM

Hingis is also present at Czech /Swiss tie. What she is doing there? I thought she retired?

by Anonymousreply 280February 10, 2018 12:34 PM

Hingis skank may be retired but can still be a cougar on the hunt for fresh meat.

by Anonymousreply 281February 10, 2018 12:41 PM

CSN won her fed cup match against Italy

by Anonymousreply 282February 10, 2018 3:35 PM

Martina is looking for a new man. She trades partners as much as her namesake.

by Anonymousreply 283February 10, 2018 4:43 PM

wow twice in the same week on the men's tour, a player retired after being close to victory. Dustin Brown did earlier this week and today it was Tsonga. He was up 6-1 5-5 when he ran down a drop shot and injured himself in the process against Pouille.

by Anonymousreply 284February 10, 2018 4:53 PM

Doha draw out! Potential grudge match between Sharapova and Wozniacki could happen in round 3!

by Anonymousreply 285February 10, 2018 4:54 PM

R283, I'd say the original Martina trades partners on the average of biannually whereas M2 trades hourly.

by Anonymousreply 286February 10, 2018 4:57 PM

Why don't Nando retires and become full time instagram whore?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287February 10, 2018 5:28 PM

Poohey

by Anonymousreply 288February 10, 2018 9:06 PM

[quote] CSN won her fed cup match against Italy

I thought he competed in Davis Cup?

by Anonymousreply 289February 10, 2018 9:07 PM

Is this where we talk about Roger’s Fed Cup?

by Anonymousreply 290February 10, 2018 9:07 PM

Gasquet won today, I'll be dammed. He's so lovely.

Rotterdam (with Fed, now) is shaping up to be a big tournament! A big one before Indian Wells.

by Anonymousreply 291February 10, 2018 9:31 PM

Nando was so hot when he was young.

by Anonymousreply 292February 10, 2018 10:04 PM

Venus won her first match of the season against Rus today in Fed Cup. The place was sold out. Vandeweghe almost lost to Hogenkamp but turned it around in 3.

by Anonymousreply 293February 10, 2018 10:25 PM

In Sofia tomorrow, a journeyman will win his first singles title. Basic upset Wawrinka in straight sets and will face Copil in the final.

In Montpelier it will be lucky Pouille vs. Gasquet.

by Anonymousreply 294February 10, 2018 10:27 PM

And in Quito Carballes Baena vs Romos Vinolas

by Anonymousreply 295February 10, 2018 10:38 PM

R295, Who??? Please translate too.

by Anonymousreply 296February 10, 2018 11:26 PM

Alien vs Alien, Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 297February 10, 2018 11:51 PM

Popsicle is in another Challenger final, this one in Hungary.

by Anonymousreply 298February 11, 2018 12:16 AM

So Gasquet gets a pizza as a runner up?

by Anonymousreply 299February 11, 2018 2:22 PM

Pouille is so sexy! Both he and Gasquet have great asses!!

by Anonymousreply 300February 11, 2018 5:48 PM

so glad Gasquet the vulture lost. It's time for the younger ATP players to win multiple titles

by Anonymousreply 301February 11, 2018 5:50 PM

Gasquet's whole career has amounted to winning meaningless ATP 250s in France. Nice to see he's passed that off to Pouille now.

by Anonymousreply 302February 11, 2018 6:11 PM

Serena looks as big as a house. Venus looks fabulous however.

by Anonymousreply 303February 11, 2018 6:29 PM

Yes, I noticed that, too, r303. Her arse is humongous!!

by Anonymousreply 304February 11, 2018 6:56 PM

why is a man playing the double for Netherlands in Fed Cup?

by Anonymousreply 305February 11, 2018 7:27 PM

Poohey gots da booty!

by Anonymousreply 306February 11, 2018 7:28 PM

Go away ESL @r305.

by Anonymousreply 307February 11, 2018 8:10 PM

Kerber has a gf? SInce when??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308February 11, 2018 8:15 PM

Ben getting attacked on twitter for calling Serena's doubles play uninspiring.

by Anonymousreply 309February 11, 2018 8:50 PM

R309 And Courtney calls out Ben for not acknowledging that Demi Schuurs has already won two doubles titles this year and, hence, making this result a foregone conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 310February 11, 2018 8:57 PM

Serena's troll army and now her agent are piling on poor Ben.

by Anonymousreply 311February 11, 2018 8:58 PM

Getting popcorn, r309.

by Anonymousreply 312February 11, 2018 9:01 PM

Serena's agent said Ben is only interested in gossip. Which is totally true.

by Anonymousreply 313February 11, 2018 9:07 PM

Popsicle won the challenger.

Kerber's been outed? Is this news? Did we know or only suspect?

by Anonymousreply 314February 11, 2018 9:36 PM

R314, I believe that earlier on this very thread someone said that Kerber was gay.

by Anonymousreply 315February 11, 2018 9:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316February 11, 2018 10:30 PM

^ that was a bad haircut for Fed. Made his face look fatter than Meerks.

by Anonymousreply 317February 11, 2018 10:34 PM

Serena really played badly in doubles today but it was her first non-exhibition match since winning the 2017 AO title. She played an exhibition against Ostapenko at the beginning of this year and lost in 3 sets. She needs to lose a bit of weight. Before her pregnancy, Serena was at her fittest since her 2002-3 domination of the game. Still, critics need to lay off her. She's in her late 30s, just had a baby and has had a host of health problems including those clots several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 318February 11, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote] Made his face look fatter than Meerks.

That’s quite an accomplishment.

by Anonymousreply 319February 11, 2018 10:56 PM

R314 I'm not sure who this person is, doesn't seem to be anyone relevant, so Kerber hasn't officially been outed, I guess. I've always suspected she was either gay or extremely uptight/repressed. She's 30 and claimed she never had a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 320February 11, 2018 11:06 PM

Kerber had a gay (female) physio up until recently and then kicked her out. She now ONLY has men around her. She's desperate to keep that closet intact.

by Anonymousreply 321February 11, 2018 11:10 PM

[quote]So Gasquet gets a pizza as a runner up?

that trophy did look....interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322February 12, 2018 1:45 AM

[quote]Still, critics need to lay off her.

This assumes that what everyone has been saying (she was slow off the mark, and very rusty to say the least) was gratuitous or nasty. It wasn’t. It was merely stating fact, and no one was putting any of her greatness, or the fact that she *will* eventually get back to better, if not peak, form, in doubt.

Serena stans (now that *is* me being nasty) need to chill a bit. It’s not lèse majesté to say she’s not currently at her best. Or are do we have to say that Sunday’s doubles performance was the best performance *ever* by a 36-year-old former number one five months after giving birth in life-threatening conditions? Because that’s true too, you know.

Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 323February 12, 2018 11:34 AM

One of my favorite tournament ABN Amro Rotterdam has started today. I just love watching this indoor tournament. so much great tennis every year. Place your bet for the winner here. My bet is on Gramps

by Anonymousreply 324February 12, 2018 1:45 PM

Zverev playing in Rotterdam and Melo is watching. Are they ever apart? ;)

by Anonymousreply 325February 12, 2018 6:31 PM

Wow, r324, Roger’s half has him pitted against Khachanov, then probably Wawrinka, then Zverev. That’s hard!,

by Anonymousreply 326February 12, 2018 6:55 PM

lmao Sharapova sliced to death by junk baller Niculescu. Bye!

by Anonymousreply 327February 12, 2018 7:28 PM

I wanted to ask the same question, R325, haha, but thought I was the only one who cared. They may also face each other in doubles if Mischa and Sascha win their match tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 328February 12, 2018 7:46 PM

Cool, I hope it's televised if that happens (the doubles match-up)

And hah, I'm totally low-key fascinated by this Zverev-Melo thing... If they were actually having some sort of a relationship beyond just friends, wouldn't they be trying to hide it better? OTOH, for a friendship it is a little odd - to make such a devoted friend so suddenly who is at all your matches and even travels with you to places where he is not himself playing (Milan)? (But hey, odd things do happen sometimes.)

by Anonymousreply 329February 12, 2018 7:54 PM

Didn't know they had a couple name and all lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330February 12, 2018 8:06 PM

Yes, I hope so too, R329!

I agree with you. If there were more to it you'd expect them to hide it...unless it's some reverse psychology thing, hiding in plain sight.

Marcelo was in Monaco with Sascha a few days ago, and he generally seems to have been adopted by the family.

by Anonymousreply 331February 12, 2018 8:08 PM

Haha, yes, R330! Here Melo looks like he is attending Mischa's birthday as part of the family/team

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332February 12, 2018 8:14 PM

Zverev was trying to hook up with girls on Tinder last year while playing in Indian Wells.

Going back to his game -he seems a tad defensive, or was it just Ferrer's intense style that makes it looks this way? I thought some of the shots which were clear winners had loads of spin for a finishing shot that opponent has no way of reaching and Zverev had loads of time to prepare. Looks like the performance in January influenced his confidence and he's more risk averse. On the other hand his games has gained in terms of variety comparing to just a month ago. I thing the timings of drop shots improved as well as preparation shot before approaching the net. But he cannot loose so many of his service games, he won't get a chance of jumping back with better players.

by Anonymousreply 333February 12, 2018 8:15 PM

💗 Junkulescu

by Anonymousreply 334February 12, 2018 10:02 PM

^ lol

by Anonymousreply 335February 12, 2018 10:06 PM

Wow. Amazing story from Ben on how a fake Macedonian tennis player fooled the BBC, Martina, Serena, Addidas and most of Tennis twitter with his sob story, Serena/Venus fandom and left-wing politics.

I knew those blurry shirtless selfies, pro-Serena, anti-Trump twitter posts were too good to be true, but the intended audience was so gullible they ate it up. I guess people really do see what they need and want to believe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336February 12, 2018 10:53 PM

That little Darko bitch got verified by twitter and everything. And some dumb Mexican tournament (the ATP 250 in Los Cabos) even promised him a Wild Card and uploaded a fake video of him supposedly playing.

by Anonymousreply 337February 12, 2018 11:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338February 13, 2018 12:10 AM

wow I was watching Frances Tiafoe play his opening match in New York today. He was playing a guy making his pro tournament debut...Sebastian Korda. Korda as in the son of Petr Korda, the 1996 AO winner who later got banned for life from the sport for doping. Sebastian plays for the US though, as the Korda family moved from Czech Republic.

by Anonymousreply 339February 13, 2018 3:23 AM

1998 AO *

by Anonymousreply 340February 13, 2018 3:24 AM

What happened on court between Trumpster Ryan Harrison and Donald Young?

by Anonymousreply 341February 13, 2018 3:51 AM

The Tennis Channel now has Kevin Frazier hosting TC Live (the daily recap show). That's a good get for them.

R341 apparently it was just Harrison being his typical deplorable self. He regularly gets into it with his opponents in the same way Roddick used to. It "fires him up" to play better.

by Anonymousreply 342February 13, 2018 4:17 AM

Does anyone know what's going on with ESPN's tennis coverage? The "scores" page will show a few scores, but most only show the character (a sideways triangle) marking who won -- but no set scores. It's been going on for a while now.

by Anonymousreply 343February 13, 2018 4:22 AM

R343 I use this to follow live scores. Just enable flash and it should work for you

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344February 13, 2018 4:37 AM

R341, probably something dumb and racist.

by Anonymousreply 345February 13, 2018 4:41 AM

Exactly that, r345. Deplorables will always out themselves—and deny any wrongdoing, just like their Orange and Russian overlords.

More info @ link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346February 13, 2018 1:39 PM

We all know that Melo wants to fuck Sasha's big,plump, juicy ass

by Anonymousreply 347February 13, 2018 2:47 PM

I fully believe Donald Young. Harrison frequently insults his opponents to fire himself up. In Australia earlier this year he called 1 opponent a "German motherfucker" and a "piece of shit". He also got into a shouting match with Dudi Sela and inserted himself into the Kyrgios/Kokkinakis/Wawrinka drama. He's a real deplorable piece of shit.

It's not official yet but someone on twitter tweeted that Harrison said something like "that's what all you black people do" after Young yelled "c'mon!" to pump himself up. As if most players of any background don't pump themselves up? The ATP is reviewing any available audio/video and I'm sure they'll talk to the chair umpire

by Anonymousreply 348February 13, 2018 6:01 PM

[quote] We all know that Melo wants to fuck Sasha's big,plump, juicy ass

His ass is relatively flat especially compared to those of Thiem and Sock.

by Anonymousreply 349February 13, 2018 6:07 PM

I'm no fan of Donald Young, but Harrison has repeatedly proven himself to be one of the biggest douchebags in the ATP. If his game were just half as big as his mouth, he would have been in the top 10 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 350February 13, 2018 8:37 PM

Nobody has mentioned DL Faves Genie & Sloane are headlining the next Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Edition? I'm disappointed.

Those rocks look uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351February 13, 2018 9:42 PM

Sloane is so pretty

by Anonymousreply 352February 13, 2018 10:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353February 14, 2018 3:48 AM

R353, Bouchard can’t even win at a swimsuit issue.

by Anonymousreply 354February 14, 2018 3:56 AM

So what have Ryan Harrison and his beautiful ass been up to lately?

by Anonymousreply 355February 14, 2018 3:58 AM

Escobedo vs. McDonald was a good match tonight.

by Anonymousreply 356February 14, 2018 6:01 AM

Escobedo's legs and butt :)

by Anonymousreply 357February 14, 2018 6:26 AM

I winder what Harrison has to say about Escobedo playing for the US of A...

by Anonymousreply 358February 14, 2018 6:54 AM

At Long Island, Steve Johnson doublefaults to lose to Adrian Menendez-Maceiras after having 2 MPs at 5-2 in 3rd set + triple MP in 3rd set tiebreak

by Anonymousreply 359February 14, 2018 8:30 AM

Nishikori vs. Rubin was also a fun match. I love when both players are really fast

by Anonymousreply 360February 14, 2018 8:43 AM

Wawrinka lost to #259 Tallon Griekspoor!

by Anonymousreply 361February 14, 2018 8:44 AM

I saw that match, r361. Griekspoor played out of his mind—but Wawrinka only turned up for about the first third of the match. By the third set, Wawrinka was spraying his backhand wide and long, and barely put any effort into his serving.

We might well be witnessing Wawrinka's autumn sonata, here.

by Anonymousreply 362February 14, 2018 2:35 PM

So what is Sascha doing here ;)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363February 14, 2018 7:07 PM

Let's hope in many of these years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364February 14, 2018 7:09 PM

as she has won too many matches in the last 2 weeks, Kiki is back at losing. 63 63 to Anna Blinkova

Ostapenko loses to Buzarnescu

by Anonymousreply 365February 14, 2018 7:12 PM

]quote]will_1077@domithiem don’t let Adidas make you guys be a professional brand. Your brand would be much better if you were the first ‘Out and Proud’ gay tennis player. Then you can be honest about your BF! ❤️🤸🏾‍♂️

R364. Someone has posted this comment on your post. I wonder will Domi delete this comment?

I thinking trying to out someone on social media is in bad taste 👬

by Anonymousreply 366February 14, 2018 8:39 PM

Zverev has lost to Seppi. Yes, Seppi

by Anonymousreply 367February 14, 2018 8:43 PM

And apparently Marcelo wasn't there today. Coincidence? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 368February 14, 2018 9:00 PM

Gramps.

by Anonymousreply 369February 15, 2018 4:26 AM

Zverev apparently couldn't handle playing a guy with similar hair to his

Isner lost to lourneyman Albot

by Anonymousreply 370February 15, 2018 4:34 AM

Are there any DL trolls who would find A. Zverev attractive? He has bad skin and is tall and lanky.

by Anonymousreply 371February 15, 2018 5:15 AM

Some people on DL have found Jamie Murray and Kevin Anderson to be total hunks, so yes there are probably many who find emaciated giraffe Sascha Z. hot.

by Anonymousreply 372February 15, 2018 5:51 AM

Meanwhile, in Rotterdam, Roger is going all out—he really wants that No. 1 spot back.

by Anonymousreply 373February 16, 2018 6:52 PM

so come Monday, old man Federer will be back to #1 again, the oldest ATP player ever. Of course he fucking cried again after winning today. The other ATP players should really be ashamed of themselves, letting a man who's not far from 40 DOMINATE the sport for the past year. He's barely lost. I really don't want to ever hear WTA critics complain again if Serena can return to her winning ways.

by Anonymousreply 374February 17, 2018 3:00 AM

So ironic when the marginalized marginalize because others don't have their specific taste.

by Anonymousreply 375February 17, 2018 3:14 AM

R375, Yes, I hate when people mock my devotion to Isner and Federico Delbonnis.

by Anonymousreply 376February 17, 2018 3:25 AM

[quote]I really don't want to ever hear WTA critics complain again if Serena can return to her winning ways.

Hardly the same thing. The complaints about the WTA haven’t been that Serena is still winning at almost forty, but that most WTA matches are boring to watch. That, thankfully has somewhat changed over the past two months or so, with some incredible matches at this year’s AO. In fact, this year’s women’s AO was more interesting than the men’s tourney.

by Anonymousreply 377February 17, 2018 10:26 AM

Fed couldn't be bothered to play Davis Cup for his country, but when it's for HIM he had no prob taking a wildcard for Rotterdam to get no. 1. He's so unselfish that way. What a fraud and a phony. I'd like him more if his arrogance was out in the open, but he doesn't want to be hated, just adored.

by Anonymousreply 378February 17, 2018 3:22 PM

Wow, r378, stop with the day job already and get out your 10-cents-a-pop psych booth! You’re obviously a very gifted psychologist and subtle reader of character.

by Anonymousreply 379February 17, 2018 5:44 PM

Get ready for final Sunday!

In Doha, a resurgent Kvitova (won St. Petersburg and defeated Radwanska, Svitolina and Wozniacki en route to this final) will take on Muguruza

In Rotterdam, can Dimitrov give Federer his first loss of the season? or will the old man continue to win almost everything again this year?

In New York, Anderson will face Querrey.

In Buenos Aires, Thiem will take on surprise finalist Bedene

by Anonymousreply 380February 18, 2018 2:57 AM

[quote]...but he doesn't want to be hated, just adored.

Yeah, R378, why can't he be like the rest of us who want to be hated?

by Anonymousreply 381February 18, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote] but he doesn't want to be hated, just adored.

It happens to the best of us.

by Anonymousreply 382February 18, 2018 3:08 AM

What’s the status of the Ryan Harrison/Donald Young lovers’ Querrel?

by Anonymousreply 383February 18, 2018 3:10 AM

The ATP ruled in Harrison's favor...who knows though. It's not like Donald Young goes around accusing other players of racist comments and he's been on tour for over 10 years. There's no audio for the public to hear either, just going on the word of others. All we know is Harrison has said ignorant things to other players, including this year.

by Anonymousreply 384February 18, 2018 3:21 AM

Here's an article with an interview with the ballboy at the Harrison-Young match.

My guess (speculation only) is that Young either inferred something from Harrison's remarks, or misheard him entirely. Young has not been the kind of guy to claim racism before. But Harrison was quick to say watch the tape, it never happened (as opposed to trying to come up with a lame excuse about something he may have said).

by Anonymousreply 385February 18, 2018 7:07 AM

Oops! Forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386February 18, 2018 7:07 AM

So happy for Petra . Now she is back in top 10. So well deserved spot. 13 straight wins in last 3 weeks. I think she should withdraw from next week WTA Premiere 470 in Dubai

by Anonymousreply 387February 18, 2018 4:32 PM

I was one hour late in starting the match between Roger and Grigor. By the time I started Roger had already won the match. During the trophy ceremony, commentators were telling that Grigor was not feeling well. What exactly happened to him? Anybody saw the match? Was Grigor lethargic or was Gramps killed it?

by Anonymousreply 388February 18, 2018 4:37 PM

"Ruff, ruff, ruff."

by Anonymousreply 389February 18, 2018 4:39 PM

I wonder if anyone will stop Federer during the Indian Wells/Miami double (that he won last year...)

by Anonymousreply 390February 18, 2018 4:41 PM

[quote] What exactly happened to him?

Perhaps young Grigor was exhausted from exerting himself unduly the night before. One can only fantas...er...imagine.

by Anonymousreply 391February 18, 2018 4:58 PM

Dani V. wore Grigor out last night.

by Anonymousreply 392February 18, 2018 5:03 PM

[quote]Was Grigor lethargic or was Gramps killed it?

In the first three games of the match they were [italic]both[/italic] killing it. Dimitrov even seemed to have the edge over Federer, who seemed just a little tighter than usual. Then when Federer eased into overdrive, Dimitrov just collapsed. There seemed no rhyme nor reason to it—perhaps there was something wrong with him, but if there was then it only flared up after the first few games. There were still some spectacular rallies, but it was clear from about 4-2 in the first that Dimitrov was destined to be holding aloft the runner-up trophy.

by Anonymousreply 393February 18, 2018 5:07 PM

Rooting for Anderson over Gumpster today...

by Anonymousreply 394February 18, 2018 6:59 PM

as expected Thiem won in Buenos Aires

by Anonymousreply 395February 18, 2018 7:03 PM

Osaka crushed, killed and destroyed Kiki in Dubai tournament

by Anonymousreply 396February 19, 2018 4:01 PM

Osaka’s got game! She may be one to watch his year

by Anonymousreply 397February 20, 2018 1:38 AM

Compelling, R397?

by Anonymousreply 398February 20, 2018 1:39 AM

Super compelling!

by Anonymousreply 399February 20, 2018 2:31 AM

Osaka has a lot of power. She needs to get in better shape and improve her consistency though. I thought she would have won a title by now. I'll be shocked if she doesn't this year

by Anonymousreply 400February 20, 2018 2:36 AM

How Thiem has changed, the good days of the brieflines and the closeness with his male friend

by Anonymousreply 401February 20, 2018 5:28 AM

r401, Thats what power of a pussy does to you

by Anonymousreply 402February 20, 2018 5:35 AM

Shapovalov in pink defeats Karlovic. Impressive for a young guy to handle that monster's serve

young dilf Fritz also pretty in pink tonight! and fashionable headband to go with his slightly longer than usual locks

by Anonymousreply 403February 20, 2018 11:25 PM

young dilf Fritz def. Querrey in a third set tiebreak!

by Anonymousreply 404February 21, 2018 12:26 AM

I’m watching the Fognini–Sandgren match in Rio de Janeiro. My god, Sandgren is revolting to watch, but Fognini, though pocket-size gorgeous, is the most unappealing on-court presence since the vile Ilie Nastase.

Can they both lose, please?

by Anonymousreply 405February 22, 2018 9:50 PM

lol Fognini won 7-6(6) in the third over Sandgren

Monfils is now 3-0 lifetime over Cilic

Shapovalov def. Donaldson in 3 close sets to set up an intriguing match against Fritz who took out old man Youzhny

In Dubai the semis are Muguruza vs. Kasatkina and Kerber vs. Svitolina

by Anonymousreply 406February 22, 2018 11:19 PM

Sandgren's politics are revolting yes but he actually plays an enjoyable style of tennis.

Fognini complained about the courts after the match and said he'd rather be playing elsewhere. He's stuck playing another event (indoor clay - I didn't know that was a thing??) in Brazil again next week.

by Anonymousreply 407February 22, 2018 11:25 PM

R407 they're rare. The WTA has the indoor clay Stuttgart event. The men's and women's challenger circuits might have a few more but the pro tours just have 1 each for ATP and WTA

by Anonymousreply 408February 22, 2018 11:31 PM

20 minutes ago, Tennis Channel cut to a match in progress. One player was sporting a fairly firm erection. They didn't stay on the match for more than 5 minutes, if that. I have no idea who he is (I just remember light grey shorts), and I'm hoping they cut back to the match.

by Anonymousreply 409February 22, 2018 11:50 PM

R409, is Jim Courier behind the camera?

by Anonymousreply 410February 23, 2018 12:03 AM

oh Mary, Genie won her lawsuit against the USTA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411February 23, 2018 12:22 AM

Oh Gawd. She will become even more insufferable

by Anonymousreply 412February 23, 2018 1:44 AM

It's Genie's first victory in months.

All the USTA should do is show Genie's results before the concussion. She got double bageled by Alison Van Utuvyanck for god's sake.

by Anonymousreply 413February 23, 2018 1:53 AM

Jared Donaldson - one of the nice guys, says please and thank to the ball boy/girl everytime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414February 23, 2018 1:56 AM

R413 lol

by Anonymousreply 415February 23, 2018 2:03 AM

Now you see why my pencil was wrong?

by Anonymousreply 416February 23, 2018 2:10 AM

Ever since Fernando Gonzalez retired, there is no hairier player on tour than Del Potro.

by Anonymousreply 417February 23, 2018 2:46 AM

[quote] Ever since Fernando Gonzalez retired, there is no hairier player on tour than Del Potro.

Baghdatis is very hairy in person, but I don’t know which one is hairier.

by Anonymousreply 418February 23, 2018 2:48 AM

wow Tiafoe upset Del Potro

by Anonymousreply 419February 23, 2018 3:50 AM

Wow does that mean Genie - who plays a TON of exhos before tournaments - will have to give any money back if she starts winning now?

by Anonymousreply 420February 23, 2018 10:13 AM

What happened to Wiliam Bouchard? He is competently out of media limelight for past couple of years. Earlier he use to tag along where his sis use to go

by Anonymousreply 421February 23, 2018 10:29 AM

I have it on good authority that William got himself a boyfriend. But i wont divulge his name, only his initials: FG.

by Anonymousreply 422February 23, 2018 10:39 AM

Genie getting a 10-15 million dollar settlement from the USTA for her concussion. That's more than all the prize money she's earned so far.

So I guess no prize money increase at the US Open this year because Genie ate it all.

by Anonymousreply 423February 23, 2018 7:55 PM

[quote] So I guess no prize money increase at the US Open this year because Genie ate it all.

She ate it ALL!? Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 424February 23, 2018 8:38 PM

For once Ben and Courtney’s podcast is actually good. Mind you, it’s on Bouchard’s law suit, so Courtney, as an acritical WTA shill [italic]and[/italic] stooge, isn’t on it, which goes a long way to making it much better than usual. And Ben has a couple of moments where he gives in to his natural urges and makes a couple of bitchy, queeny comments about the USTA and their cleaning regimen as well as the WTA. His guest, some journo who knows his law suits and knows his legal strategy, actually reckons Bouchard is likely to get something in the 30 to 40 million dollar range. That’s serious money, that is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425February 23, 2018 8:56 PM

American court are ridiculous .. Activist Judge can bankrupt any company or institution in frivolous litigation

by Anonymousreply 426February 23, 2018 11:36 PM

Verdasco is now 3-0 vs. Thiem. Thiem has trouble handling Verdasco's topspin despite hitting with a lot of spin himself

Shapovalov def. Fritz 7-5 6-4

by Anonymousreply 427February 24, 2018 12:28 AM

Go Shopbottom!

by Anonymousreply 428February 24, 2018 12:51 AM

Svitolina defends her Dubai title over Kasatkina

Verdasco def. Fognini to meet Schwartzman in the Rio final

Tiafoe finishes his match against Chung then defeats Shapovalov to meet Gojowczyk in the Delray Beach final

Pouille will play for the title against Khachanov who def. Berdych in Marseilles

Cibulkova will play Van Uytvanck for the Budapest title

by Anonymousreply 429February 25, 2018 1:28 AM

Tiafoe!

by Anonymousreply 430February 25, 2018 1:33 AM

go Big Red!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 431February 25, 2018 1:36 AM

Zverev has broken up with Ferrero.

by Anonymousreply 432February 25, 2018 1:37 AM

Van is so beautiful

by Anonymousreply 433February 25, 2018 1:38 AM

R432 not surprising. He hasn't done well with him this year

by Anonymousreply 434February 25, 2018 2:14 AM

I'm not as convinced in the future success as Zverev as I once was.

He seems to have leveled off, and will soon be defending big points from last year. What I once thought was someone rising up the ranks because of an effective and improving game, now seems to me to have been rising up the ranks because of injuries and inactivity to a bunch of the top players: Djokovic, Murray, Wawrinka, Nishikori... even players like Goffin, Del Porto, Raonic and Tsonga have missed chunks of the last 12 months, where they might very well be ahead of Zverev if they had played the full year.

by Anonymousreply 435February 25, 2018 2:15 AM

Sasha new coach is Boris BEcker. Part time though

by Anonymousreply 436February 25, 2018 3:55 AM

Sasha has to learn how to hit a forehand again. It’s become a glaring weakness

by Anonymousreply 437February 25, 2018 5:46 AM

I suspect Sasha will finish this year in the top 20, probably between 15- 20

by Anonymousreply 438February 25, 2018 5:48 AM

People call him Alexander Slone Zverev for a reason these days

by Anonymousreply 439February 25, 2018 8:14 AM

sometimes after having a breakout season, a player will slump for part or even most of the next year.

by Anonymousreply 440February 25, 2018 9:04 AM

CSN's brother is gay and a very effeminate one at that

by Anonymousreply 441February 25, 2018 3:48 PM

AVU is playing really well against Cibulkova . I hope she will maintain her level and win this final

by Anonymousreply 442February 25, 2018 4:05 PM

Khachanov def. Pouille 7-5 3-6 7-5 to pick up his second title. Good week for him

by Anonymousreply 443February 25, 2018 4:35 PM

so happy for Tiafoe! It's nice to see a non-deplorable American male winning again. He's the youngest American male to win a title at age 20 since Roddick won his first at 19. Hopefully this will propel Tiafoe to the next level and he can start being in the mix at bigger events

Lil Diego swept Verdasco for the Rio title

by Anonymousreply 444February 25, 2018 9:29 PM

The stands are totally empty in Dubai. The ATP has a major problem.

by Anonymousreply 445February 26, 2018 6:04 PM

the crowd wasn't too big for the new NYC event either last week

by Anonymousreply 446February 26, 2018 6:31 PM

So Domi's favorite view was Sascha? Marcelo - who is there - won't be happy, haha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447February 26, 2018 7:04 PM

So Rafa complains constantly over the last 6 months that there are too many hardcourt tournaments and this has caused him injuries. Yet, this week he's playing a hardcourt tournament.

by Anonymousreply 448February 26, 2018 11:05 PM

R448 appearance fees make pain go away and he wants practice for Indian Wells and Miami.

by Anonymousreply 449February 27, 2018 4:03 AM

R448, Rafa is nothing if not venal.

by Anonymousreply 450February 27, 2018 7:40 AM

Davis cup collapse is complete

by Anonymousreply 451February 27, 2018 8:32 AM

Why do you say that, r451?

by Anonymousreply 452February 27, 2018 10:36 AM

R452 there's a proposal to transform the Davis Cup into a one-week, one-location, 18-nation event at the end of the season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453February 27, 2018 10:57 AM

ITF totally "sold "Davis cup to ATP

with Davis Cup abolishment there are exactly three extra weeks for those 10-day long Madrid, Rome and Shanghai

by Anonymousreply 454February 27, 2018 12:26 PM

The project of a new competition is carried by Novak Djokovic and ... Gérard Piqué. (L'Equipe) Piqué and Djokovic, w/ support from a Chinese promoter,

by Anonymousreply 455February 27, 2018 1:10 PM

Anyone ever noticed Norbert Gombos? Probably not, since he's only ever been bubbling under the top 100. Is it me or is it hot in here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456February 27, 2018 2:08 PM

Coric straight sets Gasquet. yay!

by Anonymousreply 457February 27, 2018 4:17 PM

Thanks, r453!

by Anonymousreply 458February 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Dimi is not gonna get any tonight. To his credit Malek Jaziri played out of his mind in the third set.

by Anonymousreply 459February 27, 2018 4:33 PM

so Dimitrov blew a chance at a decent-sized title. He was the top seed and there's no Federer or Nadal in the draw. Pouille is now the highest ranked player left.

by Anonymousreply 460February 27, 2018 5:17 PM

Only the French seem to care about Davis Cup anymore. That's a problem.

I'd prefer keeping the current format but playing it only once every three years. Holding Davis Cup every year reduces its impact and turns it into a pedestrian, run of the mill affair. It was totally stupid that they held a Davis Cup in an Olympic year for instance.

But these current changes are in essence just a money grab.

by Anonymousreply 461February 27, 2018 6:39 PM

The Dubai event is ghastly. Empty stands and a turgid roster of players.

by Anonymousreply 462February 27, 2018 6:41 PM

My biggest tennis player supporter ate a bagel and lost to a very dark-skinned opponent whose name Dutra Silva sounds suspiciously like he could be an illegal immigrant. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 463February 27, 2018 7:43 PM

Covfefe! I obviously meant terrific tennis player Tennys Sandgren.

by Anonymousreply 464February 27, 2018 7:44 PM

Another SILENT BAN? Rafa's out of Acapulco and possibly Indian Wells and Miami. /:

by Anonymousreply 465February 27, 2018 10:02 PM

Nadal has just withdrawn from Acapulco citing his ongoing hip issue

by Anonymousreply 466February 27, 2018 10:06 PM

Sloane Stephens def. Parmentier 6-4 6-0 her first win since winning the USO.

by Anonymousreply 467February 27, 2018 10:28 PM

Yes, Sloane! She looked better in Under Armor though.

by Anonymousreply 468February 28, 2018 1:44 AM

Escobedo def. Sock

Ebden def. Querrey

Schwartzman def. Verdasco again (he just beat him for the Rio title the other day too)

by Anonymousreply 469February 28, 2018 2:43 AM

Sock is the new Nalbandian.

by Anonymousreply 470February 28, 2018 2:52 AM

RBA should try to come inside baseline. At least some time

by Anonymousreply 471February 28, 2018 10:05 AM

Has anyone been listening to the Tennis Abstract podcast by Jeff Sackmann and Carl Bialek? I'm giving it a go, although I'm a little mixed on it right now. They need to upgrade a bit, as every other episode seems to have some audio challenges. And since the angle to the podcast (as well as the Tennis Abstract website) is focused on data, number-crunching, etc., the hosts would be better served not to talk about which players they're rooting for. You start to wonder if that colors their analysis.

I did find it interesting that in their latest episode, they used the word "compelling" to describe Elena Svitolina, and suggested she may be a more dynamic personality at No. 1 as compared to Halep or Wozniacki. I've seen a few Svitolina matches and I get nothing from her. The game and personality put me to sleep. And when I find someone a bit dull compared to Halep or Wozniacki...we'll, that's not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 472February 28, 2018 3:01 PM

lol another crazy Sloane match...She lost a tight first set 5-7. Her opponent Rus served for the match in the second set, then had match points in the tiebreak but Sloane pulled it out with a winner. Then Rus collapsed in the third set and Sloane won it with a bagel.

by Anonymousreply 473March 1, 2018 1:00 AM

When you realize Kiki is your significant other and not Feli Lopez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474March 1, 2018 2:47 AM

When Verdasco changes his shirt on court...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475March 1, 2018 2:48 AM

R462 = Gloria Upson

by Anonymousreply 476March 1, 2018 3:21 AM

Quarters in Dubai

Coric- Bautista Agut

Jaziri-Tsitsipas

Sugita-Pouille

Krajinovic- Donskoy

by Anonymousreply 477March 1, 2018 9:50 AM

Nando

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478March 1, 2018 11:49 AM

Poohey

by Anonymousreply 479March 1, 2018 12:43 PM

What’s wrong with Nando’s skin at R478?

by Anonymousreply 480March 1, 2018 2:08 PM

Bautista def Coric 76 64

and Jaziri def Tsitsipas 63 in the third

by Anonymousreply 481March 1, 2018 2:25 PM

Nole

by Anonymousreply 482March 1, 2018 2:30 PM

With that ridiculous hairstyle and his spare tire around the middle, Baghdatis is now the sumo wrestler of the ATP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483March 1, 2018 5:01 PM

Today Jajri and Lucas played rally exciting [but error ridden] match

by Anonymousreply 484March 1, 2018 5:08 PM

Verdasco is still hot but he's not as hot as he was from 2009 to 2011, his physical peak. He's a bit less muscular now and of course older-looking

by Anonymousreply 485March 1, 2018 5:08 PM

Two interesting matches tomorrow in Acapulco: Thiem-Del Potro and Chung-Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 486March 1, 2018 5:52 PM

R486 those are today, not tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 487March 1, 2018 6:48 PM

true, forgot about the timezones ;)

by Anonymousreply 488March 1, 2018 8:55 PM

What’s this tie break thing in MSG? Williams sisters are playing. Oh and Marion Bartoli too.

by Anonymousreply 489March 2, 2018 3:29 AM

Delpo team.

by Anonymousreply 490March 2, 2018 3:45 AM

Thiem team.

by Anonymousreply 491March 2, 2018 3:45 AM

Domi is useless . Even a declining ferru gave Delpo a superb fight last night. Delpo was tired but still Domi is not able to take advantage of it

by Anonymousreply 492March 2, 2018 4:06 AM

Del Potro just owns Thiem's ass. 4-0 baby

by Anonymousreply 493March 2, 2018 6:29 AM

He's playing Zverev in semi-finals. Looking at how Zverev has played so far, Delpo should get his places in finals quite easily.

by Anonymousreply 494March 2, 2018 8:18 AM

[quote]What’s this tie break thing in MSG?

Tie Break Tens apparently is a one-night event where they play a 10-point tiebreaker and the winner advances to the next round. It's pretty random they asked Daniela Hantuchova, didn't she retire?

by Anonymousreply 495March 2, 2018 10:31 AM

So Sascha said Ferrero disrespected his team, which he could not accept, and wanted to change his personality and discipline him and that was not going to happen. I like them both but think their personalities just don't match.

by Anonymousreply 496March 2, 2018 11:05 AM

Kiki loses 62 62 to Lesia Tsurenko this week

Sloane ousted by Stefanie Voegele in a three set match

by Anonymousreply 497March 2, 2018 11:11 AM

R436, Not sure what JC ferrror exactly said about that team but on twitter rumors are circulating that Juan Carlos made some off color remark about Sasha and Melo

by Anonymousreply 498March 2, 2018 11:24 AM

having said that I think Sasha should stop washing his dirty linen in public . There was no need to tell reason of their split to press . Players and coaches part their ways all the time due to differences . No need to tell the reason in press conference .

I think Sasha has an attitude problem

by Anonymousreply 499March 2, 2018 11:27 AM

Interesting. You know the thought had occurred to me, R498! Do you have a link?

by Anonymousreply 500March 2, 2018 11:40 AM

To clarify, I thought Ferrero could see Melo as a distraction for Sascha in some way.

by Anonymousreply 501March 2, 2018 11:48 AM

I agree . R501. I highly doubt that JCF will say anything disrespectful to Sasha's team or his personal relationship with anybody including Melo . Because as far as I remember JCF was extremely cool during his playing days and never got in any altercation[not any I know off] with umpires or players in his younger days . So I highly doubt that now when he has become older and most probably wiser would say some stupid things .

Most probably JCF scolded Sasha to concentrate on matches and avoid distraction and that distraction doesn't necessarily meant Melo. But we have seen that Sasha has a short temper so he took in other way . I think you must have noticed that he has habit of getting in fight with umpire and line judges

by Anonymousreply 502March 2, 2018 2:39 PM

Yes, R502, it would surprise me too. Maybe something was lost in translation between them.

Were people on Twitter not using names because I couldn't find anything. Where would they get that idea though?

by Anonymousreply 503March 2, 2018 2:57 PM

Thank God Lucas won and Thank God I am not a Lucas fan other wise I would have a heart attack . He always does this . When the last time he won a match convincingly? He always had to drag the match no matter whon he plays[ No 1 or No 200]

by Anonymousreply 504March 2, 2018 3:45 PM

Filip K and his hot daddy coach seems like a real deal . Good Bye Nole . It may be possible that Tennis fans may actually like this Serb with him trying too hard

by Anonymousreply 505March 2, 2018 3:47 PM

without"

by Anonymousreply 506March 2, 2018 3:50 PM

Nadal OUT of Indian Wells and Miami. Will try to comeback for the clay season.

by Anonymousreply 507March 2, 2018 4:34 PM

Grand slams won without facing any player ranked in the top 4 at the time of playing:

Federer 9

Nadal 3

Murray 1

Djokovic 0

by Anonymousreply 508March 2, 2018 4:41 PM

Ferrero was known to be an asshole behind the scenes and a lot of tournament directors/execs didn't like him so I could see him saying something that Zverev wouldn't like.

Wawrinka is out of Indian Wells and Miami with ongoing knee issues

by Anonymousreply 509March 2, 2018 5:09 PM

R508 - Could it be that higher longevity means you just have more chances of winning GS without facing anyone from top 4? I see that you're trying to point out that Federer has had some luck, but on the other hand he's been in the top higher that any of those guys, so the chance are other guys would score higher had they been in the tour for so long as he is. Do you have these numbers broken by the type of the tournament - it seems to me that in Wimbledon might be the case in which a lot of players struggling on other surfaces might go unusually deep (those very tall guys with super fast serve).

by Anonymousreply 510March 2, 2018 6:20 PM

I don't like Satcha and his weird relationship with Melo either.

by Anonymousreply 511March 2, 2018 10:28 PM

Why R511? I quite like it ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512March 2, 2018 10:38 PM

I love aSasha and Melo friendship. I know nothing sexual going on between . but still they are cute

by Anonymousreply 513March 3, 2018 3:44 AM

Satcha is such a petulant brat.

by Anonymousreply 514March 3, 2018 5:34 AM

petulant is the perfect word for him. He'll need to grow up if he wants to be a slam champ. He's also a few weeks away from having to start defending some real points.

Del Potro played pretty well today

by Anonymousreply 515March 3, 2018 9:12 AM

Apparently Ferrero told a Spanish newspaper that Zverev's discipline was lacking, he would frequently be 20-30 minutes late for practice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516March 3, 2018 10:33 AM

This does not look good for Sasha - in all materials from 2016 and early 2017 everyone was praising his discipline and focus (Kyrgios actually said we wished he had been more like him) - it looks like early success and praise has done more damage than good. Maybe the fact that he's got his ass kicked couple of times will do some good to him.

by Anonymousreply 517March 3, 2018 11:06 AM

Who are these two guys with Domi and Kiki?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 518March 3, 2018 11:36 AM

Roy Sarut de Valk and Luka Mladenovic, I think, R518.

by Anonymousreply 519March 3, 2018 12:21 PM

I think this part about Sascha in the linked comment makes a lot of good points

"The picture the media painted (not sure if it could be trusted) is that Mischa was a "project", to which his parents applied their rigorous Soviet approach and "worked on" until he almost broke. But with Sascha they allegedly learned their lesson and let him develop more organically. What I pick from them (again, nothing but my personal take, could be wrong) is that Mischa had never been anything super special, nor been raised to think he was. Sascha, OTOH, is treated as some sort of one in a century prodigy - definitely by the press, but also possibly by his parents. And that, along with his inflated ranking, gets to him. His expectations of himself are quite unrealistic and he takes every loss extremely personally. His salty pressers, his on court demeanor, now this - everything signals he's confused and hurting. Which is really not his fault. There aren't many 20 years olds who have a perfectly clear, delusion free perception. It's natural to be confused under the circumstances. But that's where I'd like to see his parents step in and bring him back to Earth, manage his expectations better and help to clear some of the confusion he's experiencing. I don't see that. Either they are not doing it right, or he's really that dense. I am not ready to believe in the latter yet."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520March 3, 2018 1:58 PM

R520 Could be true - his brother in many interviews dating 2-3 years ago always said he would be the best in the world and in the recent one he said that for him he's already number 1, which is delusional on many levels. I hope he will not turn out as another case of a bright, promising guy who was messed up by their parents.

by Anonymousreply 521March 3, 2018 4:54 PM

yes that is interesting that Ferrero said Zverev was frequently late for practice. I was watching the Tennis Channel for the Del Potro/Zverev match and James Blake said he first saw Zverev when he was about 15 down in Florida for a junior tournament. He said he was impressed with how hard he worked-Zverev would hit with his parents, his peers and adult tennis players-he just wanted to hit as often as he could on court.

by Anonymousreply 522March 3, 2018 5:29 PM

Bautista Agut is the 2018 Dubai champ, defeating Pouille in straight sets

by Anonymousreply 523March 3, 2018 5:30 PM

Yes, I hope so too, R521.

by Anonymousreply 524March 3, 2018 5:31 PM

Isn't that obvious? The only thing Sasha needs is womanly love. Ask my husband to be!

by Anonymousreply 525March 3, 2018 5:41 PM

R522, interesting, thanks. Maybe with Ferrero it was a bit of rebellion, as Ferrero wanted him to show less emotion.

by Anonymousreply 526March 3, 2018 5:50 PM

Hey R525, Only think in which "your husband to be" is interested is your hot ass brother . That above picture was so obvious . He never looked so happy in any of the pics with you

by Anonymousreply 527March 3, 2018 6:12 PM

It seems like Bautista Agut is no longer a DL fave since he confirmed his heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 528March 3, 2018 6:34 PM

Thankfully Bautista stopped Pouille and his lucky draws that almost outnumber Errani's (in her glory days).

by Anonymousreply 529March 3, 2018 6:38 PM

In the last few weeks, 6'6 Chilean Nicolas Jarry has really gained momentum. He reached a QF in Ecuador, the SF in Rio last week and now the final in Sao Paulo today. Obviously he's got a good serve. I'm curious to see if he'll be a factor during the Indian Wells/Miami double and then the Euro clay season

by Anonymousreply 530March 3, 2018 6:50 PM

I guess I need to bring my ear plugs to IW this year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531March 3, 2018 8:09 PM

Britney has better volleys then Zverev.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532March 3, 2018 8:14 PM

Who is Chase Urban? He’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 533March 3, 2018 8:15 PM

R518, one is Kiki's brother, who had the same gap tooth that she did before she got it fixed.

by Anonymousreply 534March 3, 2018 9:19 PM

So basically all the seeded ladies are hoping to avoid landmines Serena, Sharapova and Azarenka in their opening round. It would suck to have a bye and then draw 1 of those 3.

I don't know if there are any dangerous male floaters at the moment who could knock out the top 10

by Anonymousreply 535March 3, 2018 11:24 PM

Del Potro def. Anderson for the Acapulco title

by Anonymousreply 536March 4, 2018 4:26 AM

New ATP Top 10 on Monday

1. Federer

2. Nadal

3. Cilic

4. Dimitrov

5. Zverev

6. Thiem

7. Goffin

8. Del Potro

9. Anderson

10. Sock

by Anonymousreply 537March 4, 2018 4:30 AM

Why did Andreas Seppi and his wife move to Boulder, Colorado? How random.

Do they have pot in Italy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 4, 2018 6:42 AM

Nole.

by Anonymousreply 539March 4, 2018 2:52 PM

What’s Muguruza doing at the Oscars?

by Anonymousreply 540March 5, 2018 9:53 AM

topless Thiem in Indian Wells

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 5, 2018 2:34 PM

wow the ladies' qualifying draw is stacked!

2-time slam finalist and former #2 Zvonareva (who's making her comeback after having a baby)

RG winner and former #4 Schiavone (who changeed her mind about retiring)

USO finalist Vinci

Wimbledon finalist Lisicki

Petkovic

The ladies' main draw and men's qualifying due out later today. I think the men's main will be tomorrow

by Anonymousreply 542March 5, 2018 7:19 PM

Yet, little Ms. Genie got a WC direct into the main draw.

by Anonymousreply 543March 5, 2018 9:53 PM

Part of Genie's settlement is that she gets a BYE to the semis of every US tournament she enters.

by Anonymousreply 544March 5, 2018 10:21 PM

Venus vs. Serena in round three

by Anonymousreply 545March 5, 2018 11:07 PM

the ladies' draw has quite a few good early round matches

How's this for a section? Muguruza and Radwanska for a third round with unseeded Bouchard, Sharapova and Osaka potentially in the way of that.

Azarenka will play Watson and then seed Stephens

by Anonymousreply 546March 5, 2018 11:17 PM

Alison Van Utvanck is now out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547March 5, 2018 11:58 PM

Thanks for the news, but Outsports.

by Anonymousreply 548March 6, 2018 2:55 AM

men's main is out. Federer could definitely win it again this year. Thiem is his QF? lol Thiem sucks on hard.

Ladies' qualifiers of note: Zvonareva, Wickmayer, Niculescu, Hsieh and Townsend

men's qualies just started today

by Anonymousreply 549March 7, 2018 12:56 AM

Comment on Tennis Channel about Taylor Townhouse: “Taylor with a ton of talent.”

Tehe

by Anonymousreply 550March 7, 2018 2:09 AM

Is Noah Rubin a...(whispers) Jew?

by Anonymousreply 551March 7, 2018 3:00 AM

I was convinced that, of all DL threads, The Gays and Tennis series was immune to infiltration by alt-right scum, both domestic and of Russian import. And then along comes r551 to prove me wrong.

R551? Fuck off, and don’t come back.

by Anonymousreply 552March 7, 2018 8:01 AM

Naomi Osaka outhits Sharapova 6-4 6-4 Sharapova now on a 3 match losing streak (Kerber, Niculescu, Osaka) ! I don't think that's happened in her career before.

Tournament favorite Bouchard upset by little Sachia Vickery!

teen phenom Felix Auger-Aliassime qualifies for the men's main draw.

day 1 of men's first round starts tomorrow. Day 2 of ladies' round 1

by Anonymousreply 553March 8, 2018 4:23 AM

I saw the Osaka–Sharapova match, r553, and was very impressed with O’s calm, determined, unwavering strategy to take it to Sharapova. She never left that baseline, and refused to be bullied. Sharapova eventually looked completely impotent, with no idea of what to do. It was almost sad to see that plan B seemed entirely to consist of raising the decibels with every screech.

I can’t see this post-Meldonium Sharapova being a contender for any of the bigger tournaments, let alone the GSs. And the more she loses, the more likely it is that people will stop seeing her current slump as an example of underperforming and will start thinking of her stellar career as an example of over performing, logically because of (technically legal) chemical enhancement.

She’s done.

by Anonymousreply 554March 8, 2018 12:51 PM

R554 Naomi's form this year has been much better and steadier as she began working with sexy Sascha Bajin.

I do think Sharapova has lost something in her game since she stopped doping. It's also interesting to note that her 3 match losing streak is to 3 different styles of players. Kerber is a grinder/counter puncher, Niculescu is a junk baller and Osaka is a power hitter.

by Anonymousreply 555March 8, 2018 5:01 PM

Ooh, Felix - I hope his next match is televised. I think he was supposed to be more promising than Shapovalov. And was very popular among his fellow juniors, Shapo included.

by Anonymousreply 556March 8, 2018 7:13 PM

Serena or Zarina?

by Anonymousreply 557March 9, 2018 3:54 AM

comeback queens Serena and Azarenka both advance

deplorable Harrison bounced by Delbonis!

young guns Coric, Shapovalov, Tsitsipas and Fritz all win

DL fave Puig wins

Zvonareva loses to countrywoman Vikhlyantseva

by Anonymousreply 558March 9, 2018 6:57 AM

Special thanks to Delbonis and his wonky serve, then, r558!!!

As for Coric, the camera lingered on him for almost the entire change of ends at the tournament he was playing last week, and I swear what I saw screamed barely-repressed MARY! The slightly limp wrists, the chapstick applied just so, the dainty little pinky sticking out as he pursed his lips to sip from his bottle of water... He is literally swoon-worthy!

by Anonymousreply 559March 9, 2018 11:57 AM

To be fair, I think R551 was going for humor more than anti-Semitism. Poking fun at how, decades ago, people were afraid to say the word Jew (or Black, or homosexual) out loud.

Off-topic: anti-Semitism could be reflective of alt-right or alt-left. Louis Farrakhan, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 560March 9, 2018 12:58 PM

too bad hot non-deplorables Noah Rubin and Michael Mmoh are flopping right now. I was hoping they could crack the top 100 but their form is poor at the moment

by Anonymousreply 561March 9, 2018 5:52 PM

Serena is not yet fit, but looked healthier than I thought she might.

Azarenka looked very lean and fit -- better than she looked before the baby. I can't believe her psycho/greedy ex has been using their child to interfere with her career.

by Anonymousreply 562March 9, 2018 6:08 PM

for those who haven't watched yet, the courts are playing very slow. I was surprised how many times Harrison and Delbonis broke each other. It was unusual for a men's match and Harrison has a decent first serve. I expect the clay courters to like the conditions. Impatient big hitters will likely be in trouble

by Anonymousreply 563March 9, 2018 6:12 PM

Taylor Fritz is a hot boy! I wonder where he will go in the game? I don’t see anything that remarkable, but he does seem to be a heady player.

by Anonymousreply 564March 9, 2018 6:34 PM

Collapse of Garbine from 6/2, 3/1 up against Sashia V was pathetic

by Anonymousreply 565March 10, 2018 7:03 AM

Garbine actually led 6-2 3-0 40-0 before a) losing the plot and b) Vickery really stepping up.

Congrats to Sachia!

by Anonymousreply 566March 10, 2018 8:53 AM

Sharapova and Groenevled have parted ways

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567March 10, 2018 9:07 AM

Vickery is quite scrappy and these slower courts really suit her style. Muguruza is still unstable.

Other key results of the day:

Escobedo won a duel of young guns as he defeated Tiafoe

17 year old phenom Felix Auger-Aliassime def. Pospisil and becomes first male player born in 2000 to win a Masters match. It was his first main draw win of any kind too

young Alex De Minaur wins a super clutch match over Struff 3-6 7-6(3) 7-6(5)

Monfils wins

Halep defeats the lesser Pliskova twin

Mladenovic def. Stosur

young Vondrousova def. Konta

Sabalenka upsets Kuznetsova

Ostapenko def. Bencic in battle of young players

Osaka knocks out Radwanska

Kvitova wins marathon over pesky Putintseva

16 year-old Anisimova def. Pavlyuchenkova

by Anonymousreply 568March 10, 2018 9:19 AM

Anisimova seems very promising. Very nice game.

And I'm definitely becoming a fan of Osaka.

by Anonymousreply 569March 10, 2018 11:12 AM

[quote] And I'm definitely becoming a fan of Osaka.

I've never been to her.

by Anonymousreply 570March 10, 2018 11:16 AM

There was a ridiculously bad line call in the De Minaur vs Struff match, with no overrule from the umpire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571March 10, 2018 1:13 PM

Minotaur

by Anonymousreply 572March 10, 2018 2:05 PM

Why do all the Aussie guys have hunchbacks? Kyrgios, Kokk and De Minaur need to visit a chiropractor.

by Anonymousreply 573March 10, 2018 4:57 PM

Genie's losing off the court now too (other than that gigantic USTA settlement). Her agent dumped her, so did her racket sponsor while her other endorsement deals ended, too. She's been reduced to endorsing cyptocurrencies. Nike will soon end supplying her with a unique outfit of her own (and they've been paying her $0 for a while now).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574March 10, 2018 5:02 PM

Finally, someone worked up the nerve to ask Serena about her TUE history. She said she's never tested positive and has always had exemptions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575March 10, 2018 5:04 PM

there a lot of potentially good matches today...can't wait

by Anonymousreply 576March 10, 2018 5:32 PM

Why the hell Domi has started grunting ?

by Anonymousreply 577March 10, 2018 7:22 PM

ESL, he's now in the WTA.

by Anonymousreply 578March 10, 2018 7:24 PM

Enough with these Colgate commercials! Tiredness of seeing that blonde country singer I’ve never heard of bouncing back and forth!

by Anonymousreply 579March 10, 2018 8:10 PM

Wow, r575.

Ben, you in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 580March 10, 2018 10:07 PM

I think Fog has got some serious mental issues . Flavia should consult a psychiatrist immediately

by Anonymousreply 581March 10, 2018 10:16 PM

Madison Keys needs a check-up from the neck up.

by Anonymousreply 582March 10, 2018 10:21 PM

Shapovalov loses to Cuevas

by Anonymousreply 583March 10, 2018 10:23 PM

I love that blond fur on Shapovalov's legs. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 584March 10, 2018 10:41 PM

Martina is looking for a new man. She trades partners as much as her namesake.

The name "Martina" means "she who cannot keep her pants on".

by Anonymousreply 585March 10, 2018 11:30 PM

Serena vs. Venus is on for Monday

by Anonymousreply 586March 11, 2018 12:43 AM

Grigor looking pretty in pink

by Anonymousreply 587March 11, 2018 1:11 AM

That pink is a bit much.

by Anonymousreply 588March 11, 2018 1:26 AM

Where is young Grigor? Why don't I see him?

by Anonymousreply 589March 11, 2018 1:38 AM

he's playing Verdasco right now, Jimbo

by Anonymousreply 590March 11, 2018 1:40 AM

Courier is calling the match

by Anonymousreply 591March 11, 2018 2:16 AM

[quote] Martina is looking for a new man

Aren’t we all.

by Anonymousreply 592March 11, 2018 5:24 AM

Yes, it's well documented how horribly slutty Martina Hingis is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593March 11, 2018 5:45 AM

Wozniacki has won Indian Wells without hitting a single ace.

by Anonymousreply 594March 11, 2018 5:59 AM

haha king feddy has to finish his match today. I'm shocked the weather gods dared to interrupt him

by Anonymousreply 595March 11, 2018 9:26 AM

After his 2/6.2/6 loss to Roger I knew Grigor would be in trouble . I knew that Roger had done some kind of number om him . Same thing happened to Misery for a small phase after Roger easily defeated him in Aussie open final in 2010 . Roger has ability to do this kind of number on other players, completely dismantling their confidence . Gaygor is on three match losing streak now

by Anonymousreply 596March 11, 2018 3:55 PM

hahaha deplorable Isner loses again! he's now 2-6 for the year. He had 4-3 0-40 lead on Monfils in the third set, couldn't get the break. Then had match point at 5-4 30-40 couldn't get the break. He gets broken at 15-40 in the next game and Monfils serves it out

Anisimova upsets Kvitova pretty comfortably

by Anonymousreply 597March 11, 2018 9:12 PM

Pouille loses to Bhambri

by Anonymousreply 598March 11, 2018 9:41 PM

As was only to be expected, Ben (of Ben and Courtney fame) is being mercilessly dragged on Twitter for having incorrectly characterised Serena’s response to a question about her TUEs as “heated.” The remarkable thing about this particular dragging is that it’s coming relentlessly from the Serena Army, the SJWs, and, wait for it, the Trumpsters. The latter are in no way interested in sticking up for Serena, obviously, but in tearing into a NYT journo for having mischaracterised someone without having actually been present during the original exchange. A field day for those interested in scoring one against The Liberal Media.

I suspect nothing short of a word in his defence from Serena is going to save his arse in terms of The Army and the SJWs. His goose is looking almost cooked.

by Anonymousreply 599March 11, 2018 9:52 PM

New thread. At link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600March 11, 2018 9:56 PM

nole!

by Anonymousreply 601March 11, 2018 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!