Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paul Haggis, director of "Crash", is ACCUSED!

More, more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2019 6:32 PM

God's punishment for winning that undeserved Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 1January 5, 2018 7:41 PM

How would "The Facts of Life" girls handle a sexual assault from former staff writer Paul Haggis?

by Anonymousreply 2January 5, 2018 7:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 5, 2018 7:45 PM

If the four women are Scientologists, then it's fake. Otherwise it's what he deserves for stealing BBM's Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 4January 5, 2018 7:46 PM

FYI I did search, but the OP of the other thread didn't use HAGGIS in the subject

by Anonymousreply 5January 5, 2018 7:47 PM

Men named after offal-based dishes should never be trusted!

by Anonymousreply 6January 5, 2018 7:51 PM

Agree r6. Solid agreement.

by Anonymousreply 7January 5, 2018 8:01 PM

Although I despised him for stealing Brokeback's Oscar, I was extremely impressed with him regarding Scientology. He seemed, dare I say it, KIND and NICE, and HUMBLE.

After reading article linked, the accusations sound damning. And sadly true. He sounds like a straight up rapist. Allegedly.

Fucking scary times.

I hope this one turns out to be some scientology inspired lie. But the article is scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 6, 2018 10:53 AM

Actually, this whole thing sounds like a page straight out of the Scieno "Destroy Our Enemies (Real and Imagined)" Handbook.

I don't care about Haggis either way, but you know this how they operate, and they've finally found an opportunity to discredit "The Apostate" © The New Yorker

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2018 1:48 PM

[quote] Haggis’ lawyer, Christine Lepera, said, “Mr. Haggis denies these anonymous claims in whole. In a society where one of a person’s fundamental rights is the ability to confront an accuser, that right has now been eviscerated when it comes to anyone being charged in the press with any sort of sexual misconduct . . . Mr. Haggis also questions whether Scientology has any role here, which he notes has been attacking him for years with false accusations.”

Are people surprised the #MeToo would be used this way? America has a justice system with courts and laws already on the books to handle sexual assault. We have standards of evidence and statutes of limitations for a reason.

Aside from defending himself, and attacking the Church of S, Haggis should also speak out on "evidence free" witchhunts. We'll see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2018 2:01 PM

OP/r5 I'm never one to care about duplicate threads, but you can select "OP & Replies" when you search for something. I just did it with "Haggis" and it showed both threads. Just FYI.

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2018 5:42 PM

Oy Vey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 14, 2019 6:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!