Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Crash" Director Sued for Alleged Rape

Accuser wanted $9 million from Paul Haggis to silently go away. Haggis is counter-suing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2018 6:45 AM

I believe NO one that tries to get money to not go public.

by Anonymousreply 1December 17, 2017 4:43 AM

r1 Exactly, this bitch picked the wrong guy to try to shakedown, hope she has a good lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 2December 17, 2017 4:46 AM

It's important to note that Haggis is a former Scientologist and an outspoken critic of Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 3December 17, 2017 4:46 AM

My thoughts exactly r3.

by Anonymousreply 4December 17, 2017 4:49 AM

Good. Maybe this will put an end to the "believe all allegations because a woman said so" environment we are in today.

by Anonymousreply 5December 17, 2017 4:50 AM

I hope he brings that up in trial, I'm sure the jury will take that into consideration

by Anonymousreply 6December 17, 2017 4:50 AM

No, it's LISTEN to all allegations, R5.

by Anonymousreply 7December 17, 2017 4:51 AM

I feel like you could have optimized that headline, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8December 17, 2017 4:52 AM

Tell that to Al Franken, r7.

by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2017 4:54 AM

Tell that ROy Moore

by Anonymousreply 10December 17, 2017 5:00 AM

[bold]Four Women Accuse Paul Haggis of Sexual Misconduct, Including Two Rapes[/bold]

[quote]A civil lawsuit charging Oscar-winning filmmaker Paul Haggis with raping a publicist has prompted three additional women to come forward with their own sexual misconduct accusations, including another publicist who says he forced her to perform oral sex, then raped her.

[quote]In separate interviews with the AP, the three new accusers provided detailed accounts of encounters they say occurred between 1996 and 2015. The women were early in their careers in the entertainment business when, they say, the Hollywood heavyweight lured them to private or semi-private places under the guise of discussing productions or a subject of a professional nature.

[quote]They all said Haggis first tried to kiss them. In two of the cases, they said, when they fought back, Haggis escalated his aggression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 5, 2018 7:42 PM

With that many women I don't believe he is innocent. Too bad, he seemed likeable enough in Going Clear.

by Anonymousreply 12January 5, 2018 7:44 PM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 13January 5, 2018 7:45 PM

Will the Facts of Life seasons he produced be withdrawn from syndication??

by Anonymousreply 14January 5, 2018 7:49 PM

Did you all read my Tweets on this matter?

Since my comments are the only important ones.

by Anonymousreply 15January 5, 2018 7:50 PM

He produced some of the Facts of Life episodes? Were they the rape episodes?

by Anonymousreply 16January 5, 2018 7:54 PM

It would be interesting is this is all tied back to a $cientology smear campaign. They've been LIVID with him since he helped with that [italic] New Yorker [/italic] expose on his years within the cult...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 5, 2018 7:58 PM

R17 It's been seven years since that piece, though. I feel like they could have gotten to him years ago if they really wanted.

by Anonymousreply 18January 5, 2018 8:01 PM

R18 Unless they see this environment as the perfect opportunity.

But, who knows?

by Anonymousreply 19January 5, 2018 8:03 PM

Considering that watching the movie “Crash” was akin to a kind of visual rape, I’m totally fine with this.

by Anonymousreply 20January 5, 2018 8:19 PM

Was one of the accusers Paz? Fresh off her cameo in the "My Scientology Movie"? In a bikini. The director was sure she was a Honeytrap sent by the $cientologists.

by Anonymousreply 21January 5, 2018 8:23 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 22January 6, 2018 12:38 AM

Sorry, but if these women are $cientologists, I have a hard time believing it. This seems like something they would do. Next up: Jason Beghe and Leah Remini's husband.

by Anonymousreply 23January 6, 2018 3:16 AM

Beghe already has run into problems on that Chicago show. Yep, more bullshit for sure.

by Anonymousreply 24January 6, 2018 3:20 AM

He's a pig.

There is a truly disgusting scene at the beginning of "Crash," where a cop (Matt Dillon) pulls over a filmmaker (Terence Howard) and his wife (Thandie Newton) for a minor traffic violation. The cop orders the couple to exit their vehicle so the cop can conduct a search of the vehicle. Upon the cop's completing a brief search of the couple's vehicle, the cop conducts a 'frisk' of the couple, which results in a disgusting physical violation on the filmmaker's wife.

by Anonymousreply 25January 6, 2018 3:30 AM

Take him to the cleaners!

by Anonymousreply 26January 6, 2018 3:30 AM

Can someone please explain to R29 the concept of what is onscreen not necessarily being real?

by Anonymousreply 27January 6, 2018 3:31 AM

sorry, make that R25. I need my glasses.

by Anonymousreply 28January 6, 2018 3:32 AM

[quote]With that many women I don't believe he is innocent. Too bad, he seemed likeable enough in Going Clear.

This is how I feel. I read Going Clear when it first came out and I had a great respect for Haggis for speaking out against COS involvement in Prop 8 and leaving Scientology sometime later on.

by Anonymousreply 29January 6, 2018 3:36 AM

Are you people idiots?

Dollars to donuts it is Sciento revenge.

by Anonymousreply 30January 6, 2018 4:01 AM

[quote]R25 Upon the cop's completing a brief search of the couple's vehicle, the cop conducts a 'frisk' of the couple, which results in a disgusting physical violation on the filmmaker's wife.

And those things NEVER EVER happen in real life, as we know.

That scene plays into the climax of the film, where the character finds some redemption.

by Anonymousreply 31January 6, 2018 4:36 AM

This sounds really fishy to me.

by Anonymousreply 32January 6, 2018 4:39 AM

The very idea of anonymous accusers is totally anti-democratic, and makes it easy for liars to "come forward."

There's no "come forward" if you're hiding behind a mask. That isn't justice. That's corruption.

And while we're at it, why, with all the publicity about how S operates, are people still stupid enough to get involved with it? Why do Americans travel to Islamic countries? Or North Korea?

Should there be a Consequences 101 course taught in every high school?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 6, 2018 6:30 AM

One of our previous DL gossip threads called him out a long time ago, at or just before metoo kicked off. That makes me wonder if there wasn't something to the allegations, because he's a random name to throw out there, even on a DL gossip thread. Of course, it could've been someone who knew the woman posting, but still...

by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2018 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!