Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Next Big Special Election Features a Sexy Dem Marine in PA

Make sure to support Connor Lamb! Just donated $50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 609March 14, 2018 3:49 AM

Good looking and go-getter Mr. Lamb is only 33 years old. New blood and good stuff.

I'm a Canadian and I'll give in $100 in spirit. Hope he wins!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 23, 2017 3:02 PM

What a precious last name.

by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2017 3:43 PM

Awww...he's cute. And we need a Democrat in that district of Pittsburgh (and whatever else has been gerrymandered onto it). Wish I could vote.

by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2017 4:14 PM

Momma will undoubtedly fantasize she'd been convicted in Mt. Lebanon during his prosecutor phase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2017 5:49 PM

If he loses, the headline will be: LAMB TO THE SLAUGHTER.

by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2017 7:42 PM

He's average looking *at best*. Why are some of you bitches so thirsty just because it's a tallish white dude?!?

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2017 8:01 PM

Well, r6, I live in the next congressional district, and when I say he is a Major Motherfucking Improvement over the ugly, nasty Republicunt he's trying to replace, you'd better believe I am thirsty for the improvement he will bring (or I would say I'm thirsty if I were the kind of cunt like you who uses "thirsty" in such a situation). And for politics, he is Not Bad Looking.

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2017 8:24 PM

It's not really that he's good looking. OP is correct tho, he is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2017 8:43 PM

I want a winner. If he can win, we need him.

by Anonymousreply 9December 23, 2017 8:48 PM

Trump is trying to stop Conor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 12, 2018 3:26 PM

He's HOT. Tall, accomplished, and confident.

by Anonymousreply 11January 12, 2018 3:29 PM

BDF in a major way! And he looks kind... like he would be a very sensual and tender kisser.

by Anonymousreply 12January 12, 2018 3:31 PM

A night with Conor Lamb would definitely involve some tender kisses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 12, 2018 3:32 PM

He is TALL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 12, 2018 3:33 PM

This is my district! Whether you find him hot or not, please support him, we need fewer wing nuts in PA

by Anonymousreply 15January 12, 2018 3:34 PM

"... Conor is a tall, blonde, blue-eyed stud of a Marine,” said William J. Green, a political analyst on KDKA radio in Pittsburgh.

So that's the word on the ground.

by Anonymousreply 16January 12, 2018 3:39 PM

I'll support him R15. But ONLY because he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 17January 12, 2018 3:39 PM

Picture it: Conor Lamb plowing Brian Sims' beefy ass doggie-style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 12, 2018 3:40 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2018 5:28 PM

There will he plenty more news as the election gets closer.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2018 6:09 PM

I donated to him last night and tweeted his donation page.

You go, big studly Marine dude!

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2018 6:46 PM

Oh shit. Republicans think they're going to lose the seat

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22January 17, 2018 3:47 PM

That Conor Lamb might end up in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2018 3:51 PM

Jesus Christ, these must be 400 lb frauen who think this horse faced guy is sexy and hot.

by Anonymousreply 24January 17, 2018 4:07 PM

Full article. Lamb has surged

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 18, 2018 12:47 AM

Trump's visit will probably seal the deal, unfortunately. They are *not* going to lose this one, even if they have to cheat.

by Anonymousreply 26January 18, 2018 1:20 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 18, 2018 2:40 PM

Impeccable anal hygiene

by Anonymousreply 28January 18, 2018 2:46 PM

HUNG

by Anonymousreply 29January 18, 2018 2:48 PM

[quote] This is my district!

You better get your ass out there and bring in the vote.

by Anonymousreply 30January 18, 2018 3:02 PM

Trump wants the govt to shut down so he can blame it on the democrats and their love for illegal non-citizens over actual citizens. That is a very powerful message, and not just to his base. Most blue collar Americans want merit-based immigration. So someone running in a blue collar district had better beware. This is Trump making every race about illegal immigration and when the subject is illegal immigration, democrats lose.

by Anonymousreply 31January 18, 2018 3:05 PM

Is [bold]Connor Lamb[/bold] another corporate Democrat?

by Anonymousreply 32January 18, 2018 3:10 PM

He hasn't really staked out many positions, I imagine he will be pro business if that's what you're asking

by Anonymousreply 33January 18, 2018 3:11 PM

R33,

The answer is yes.

If a Democratic candidate isn’t getting specific with policy positions, it means he/she will, if empowered/re-empowered, vote like a corporate Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 34January 18, 2018 3:13 PM

"Trump wants the govt to shut down so he can blame it on the democrats and their love for illegal non-citizens over actual citizens."

Do you ever laugh at yourself when you post things like this? You freepers are a riot, making it hard for people to legally immigrate while decrying illegal immigration.

by Anonymousreply 35January 18, 2018 3:16 PM

I'm a democrat R35, and very well aware of how politics works. This a win for Trump if he makes it about immigration. Though I don't think it was Trump's idea to make it about immigration -- he has 'flight of ideas' and as such he cannot focus long enough to have a coherent policy. One of his advisors told him to drop the bipartisan agreement because he could make the govt shutdown about democrats and paint it as democrats favoring illegals over working class citizens. This tactic will be not just be used for the March special election, but will be used in November as well.

. Go look at political message boards. Trumpbots are spamming message boards about how this strategy will win PA and November elections by making it about all about immigration.

It's the only way Trump ever wins anything. He goes to blue collar areas and tells white people what they want to hear - that the Democratic Party favors citizens of foreign countries (code for "dark skinned") who are here illegally and "stealing" jobs from them. That narrative gets the white working class to the polling place on Election Day to vote against the democratic candidate. It's an effective strategy, because how will democrats defend themselves in a succinct, buzzword-style response to Republicans who say "dems shut down the US govt because of illegal immigrants"?

Uneducated blue collar people don't want to hear a well thought out response. Remember how they reacted when Hillary Clinton gave them well thought out responses and plans. They ridiculed her as an out of touch elite who hates "real" Americans. They want buzzwords, slogans, accusations, code words and "rah rah USA is better than anybody" rallies. GOP will paint themselves as the law and order party again, going after illegals who are "destroying this country" (code for "too many dark skinned people") and defending good old Joe Sixpack from this foreign threat.

by Anonymousreply 36January 18, 2018 4:23 PM

[QUOTE]If a Democratic candidate isn’t getting specific with policy positions, it means he/she will, if empowered/re-empowered, vote like a corporate Democrat.

Or it means he’s being smart.

by Anonymousreply 37January 18, 2018 4:57 PM

^^^ Exactly, this is a conservative district. If he goes in there guns blazing with liberal policies he will lose. He's young with no record. Crossover conservative voters will be voting for him because he seems honest, hard working, sane, and attractive. That's what he should be focusing on.

by Anonymousreply 38January 18, 2018 5:00 PM

Our boy has them scared

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 5, 2018 10:59 PM

Big thumbs.

by Anonymousreply 40February 6, 2018 1:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2018 12:25 PM

Definite BDF!

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2018 12:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 7, 2018 2:39 PM

Here's what democrats should say when running for office, "I am all for a bipartisan agreement on immigration and look forward to working on this issue as soon as I get to Washington."

And keep those fucking asshole DACA people away from rallies for democratic candidates. Instead of trying to gain sympathy from ordinary Americans, they are running around making demands and insisting they're not leaving because they have a right to be here. No, you don't have a right to be here and you are in no position to demand anything. You only piss off the blue collar white people with aggressive rhetoric. Try to be sympathetic. Cry. Cry about how America is your home and you don't know how to live as a non-American. Cry and say you want to be part of "the greatest country in the world." Flattery will get you everywhere. Demands won't.

by Anonymousreply 44February 7, 2018 2:47 PM

These hardcore leftists around here don’t want to hear that, R44.

by Anonymousreply 45February 7, 2018 2:54 PM

r45, did you get lost on the way to Breitbart?

by Anonymousreply 46February 7, 2018 2:56 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 12, 2018 11:05 PM

Would Biden help or hurt him if he went there?

by Anonymousreply 48February 12, 2018 11:22 PM

Definitely help. PA would still be blue if Biden was the Dem nominee. They majority of Pennsylvanians see him right now and wish he was the President.

by Anonymousreply 49February 12, 2018 11:27 PM

Yes Biden is a good fit for working class white old school Dems.

by Anonymousreply 50February 12, 2018 11:29 PM

Is he James Comey tall?

by Anonymousreply 51February 12, 2018 11:32 PM

He may have BDF, but he also has "Lurch head".

by Anonymousreply 52February 12, 2018 11:32 PM

Here’s what Dems should say in blue collar districts:

Everything you’ve been told about immigrants is a lie. Why? They need your vote to keep lining their pockets. They’re using our anger against us. You should be angry, but don’t be stupid. They’re conning you, they’re trying to con all of us. They’re lying to you. Pennsylvania, they’ve lied to you, too many lies to count. They think you’re dumb and that you don’t matter because you don’t have a Bachelors degree. Thry think you don’t matter because you’re working class. They don’t care about you, and they sure as hell don’t give a shit about your children.

You want to be angry? Go right ahead, BE angry. You should be angry — we should all be angry. I’m angry as hell! But turn your anger where it belongs. Be angry at our government. Be angry at corporations. THESE are the people who not only don’t give a shit about any of us, but also many of them actually look DOWN on us. Don’t be angry at people who are just like you. Trying to give their kids a decent life, just like you. The truth is, immigrants are NOT taking your jobs — greedy corporations are. Every single time Fox News trots out a story about a criminal immigrant, know that there are 1,000,000 immigrants who are just like you and me. They’re telling half-truths and feeding on your anger to get your vote. They’re lying to you, they want to fool you, and damnif they aren’t great at it. Corrupt politicians in both parties do this. But most especially Republicans and the President of the United States are right now screwing you over in the biggest scam in our history. RAise your hand if a $1.50 a week is going to help you? Paul Ryan wants you to kiss his $500 custom Italian shoes for your $1.50 per week. Paul Ryan not only wants to screw you, and screw you hard, but he wants you to sing “thank you Master Ryan” while he’s screwing you.

The truth is, coal is gone. Times are changing. I’m here because I want to work directly with businesses in technology to shift our workers from manufacturing into technology. I have a plan that rewards businesses for rewarding workers. I have a plan that rewards businesses who don’t pay CEO’s 1000 x’s they’re workers. IOur country is in a lot of trouble because we all got scammed putting Trump in office. But it’s not too late to fix the damage Trump and the Republicans have done. It’s not too late to say, “I voted for Trump because I want to see change, but he’s the wrong guy to do it.” It is NOT too late to make America Great, but let’s improve that motto. The new motto should sound like, “Make America Great Again, From the Bottom Up.” Let’s do this together. Don’t listen to what I say, watch what I DO. And I’ll do everything I can for YOU.

You were told over and over, I’ll never lie to you. But you have a WH that sends a liar to the press every single day, and every single day she won’t answer a single question. Remember, we told Republicans that if we put them in power, we WILL hold them accountable. They’ve failed, and they’re ruining our country, they’re literally lining their pockets by taking money for YOUR KIDS. We aren’t asking for anything more than a fair game. Let’s kick these bastards out, and start putting people in office who actually care about the working class. If you still don’t agree with me, I’m not sure what more I can say other than go look at your bank account. But if you’re here tonight, and you see your bank account and don’t know how in the hell youre going to pay your bills this month, then show up and tell them you’re pissed off at the ballot box. I would be honored and I would be humbled to serve you. I’m here to work for YOU. I want YOU to be my boss, I want YOU to tell me what you want, I want YOU to tell me how to make our state better. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 53February 13, 2018 3:40 AM

What I find interesting about the race is that it pits a Marine against an Air Force Officer. That alone make it worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 54February 13, 2018 3:58 AM

Were you in the Marines or the Air Force? Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 55February 13, 2018 4:00 AM

Iirc, Biden has endorsed Lamb over the weekend. I'm not sure if it was at a campaign event or not.

by Anonymousreply 56February 13, 2018 4:20 AM

"Biden has endorsed"

aka The Kiss of Death.

by Anonymousreply 57February 13, 2018 4:28 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2018 7:48 PM

He's as Pretty as Mitt Romney

by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2018 8:15 PM

R53, don't be surprised if your post hasn't already been plagiarized by some journalist trolling anonymous boards for opinion-piece ideas.

by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2018 8:59 PM

Link to the story below is only free until the 24th. This guy is the best race analyzer in the country, despite his publication.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2018 1:00 PM

Pro-gun???????

by Anonymousreply 62February 18, 2018 5:42 PM

R62, that's not the same thing as wanting an assault rifle in every home. His opponent wants to "keep coal mines roaring" (cough, cough). A lot of Pennsylvania is very 19th century.

by Anonymousreply 63February 18, 2018 5:55 PM

I'd sniff it

by Anonymousreply 64February 18, 2018 6:55 PM

If he wins, it sure won’t be with the help of national Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 19, 2018 11:38 AM

If he wins, he will be one of the top 10 best looking in congress

by Anonymousreply 66February 19, 2018 11:40 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 1, 2018 3:32 PM

Only twelve more days now.

by Anonymousreply 68March 1, 2018 3:40 PM

Joe to the rescue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 1, 2018 11:19 PM

If he loses maybe Biden won’t embarass himself with another presidential run.

by Anonymousreply 70March 1, 2018 11:22 PM

He’s not losing. And Joe will run.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 2, 2018 11:36 AM

I will dance an Irish jig if Lamb can somehow pull this out. It's going to be brutally difficult, though. Encouraging that DCCC and a pair of Democratic super-PACs have collectively kicked in nearly a million into the race recently. We need all our Pittsburgh area DataLoungers to help get out the Blue vote! This one would be HUGE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Lordy he is handsome

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 2, 2018 6:02 PM

I am IN LOVE. Look how cute he is at R61, R72 and R73!

Is there a chance he's closeted?

33 years old, never married, no mention of a girlfriend or personal life anywhere ...

by Anonymousreply 74March 2, 2018 9:43 PM

There's a chance R74 but closeted Dems are somewhat rare. Very little political cost to them coming out, and often it actually helps. That being said he is running in Trump country so he is a little more likely than other dems to be closeted.

Still, I think its more likely he is waiting for his political star to rise so he can marry a woman from a wealthy family who will help finance later campaigns for higher offices. That's pretty common with young politicians.

by Anonymousreply 75March 2, 2018 10:10 PM

If elected he easily becomes one of the top 5 most attractive congressmen.

by Anonymousreply 76March 2, 2018 10:22 PM

[quote]I will dance an Irish jig if Lamb can somehow pull this out.

He’s not allowed to pull out. That would be our first rule as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 77March 3, 2018 1:33 AM

My brother lives in the Westmoreland County portion of the district and has a Lamb sign in his front yard (I live in Mike Doyle's district0.

The largest block of Democrats in the district live in Greene and Washington counties. Democrats in those counties are socially conservative and love Trump because of his stands on coal. These Democrats don't want to hear of re-training, they want to coal mines to re-open. Obama lost these voters when he ended research in clean coal.

While you gurls might look down on coal miners -- both my grandfathers were coal miners -- in a good year, miner could make $80,000 to $120,000.

Lamb must walk a very tight rope. He talks about his personal opposition to abortion on demand, but said that the existing laws must be followed. He is also a supporter of Second Amendment rights.

To win, Lamb needs college-educated, white collar professionals in the South Hills communities to come out to vote for him, hopefully with a lot of Republican women willing to cross party lines. Lamb will also need to win back blue collar voters in Greene, Washington and Westmoreland counties

by Anonymousreply 78March 3, 2018 1:56 AM
by Anonymousreply 79March 3, 2018 6:20 AM

In dozens of interviews with voters last week in the 18th Congressional District, which runs from the suburbs south and east of Pittsburgh to the West Virginia border, there was no shortage of Trump voters who are now disappointed in his presidency.

“There needs to be something done down there, it’s a mess from the top to the bottom,” said Harriett Brautigam, 90, who lives in Bethel Park, a suburb where Vice President Mike Pence campaigned for Mr. Saccone in February. “I’m a Republican, but I don’t like the president at all,” she said.

“I’m not very pleased with him at all,” said Graydon Cartmell, 73, a retired international trade executive who voted for Mr. Trump. Even the Republicans’ signature achievement, a tax cut bill, Mr. Cartmell deemed unsatisfying. “It certainly doesn’t benefit the middle class that much,” he said.

Ms. McCoy voted for Mr. Trump — “I figured it would be a change” — but she plans to vote for Mr. Lamb, because she is worried that Republicans in Washington will cut Social Security to pay for the recent tax cut. “I’m going back to my Democrats,” she said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 3, 2018 7:16 AM

Win or lose, look how far we've come since November, 2016. This district gave Trump a 19-point victory and now we're talking about a Democrat pulling within 3 points, a 16-point shift if it holds. That 16-point shift would still result in a Democratic loss but I guarantee you that such a loss would scare Congressional Republicans far more than it does Democrats.

I hope he can pull it out but it's a heavily Republican district. Even with a strong Democratic candidate and a weak Republican, it's still a long shot.

by Anonymousreply 81March 3, 2018 1:06 PM

[QUOTE]Ms. McCoy voted for Mr. Trump — “I figured it would be a change” — but she plans to vote for Mr. Lamb, because she is worried that Republicans in Washington will cut Social Security to pay for the recent tax cut. “I’m going back to my Democrats,” she said.

Of course if people like you never left your Democrats, there wouldn’t be a tax cut or a threat to your Social Security payments there, Betty. But no, you wanted to believe Trump would throw out all the brown people, bring back coal and make America like the good old (a.k.a. white) days.

by Anonymousreply 82March 3, 2018 1:23 PM

Good news r80 ! Let's hope there's plenty more disaffected Trump voters out there like those ex-Trump fans.

by Anonymousreply 83March 3, 2018 2:28 PM

I hope Lamb wins but this is still Trump territory and the Deplorables are loyal to him. It will be a tight race.

by Anonymousreply 84March 3, 2018 2:35 PM

Lamb will pull it out.

by Anonymousreply 85March 3, 2018 9:20 PM

^^^He better not!!!

by Anonymousreply 86March 3, 2018 9:28 PM

I live in his district and I'm seeing a surprising number of Conor Lamb signs (my town is freeper central so this is encouraging)

by Anonymousreply 87March 4, 2018 12:24 AM

Would drain him dry morning and night.

by Anonymousreply 88March 4, 2018 12:31 AM

Isn't this district going to dramatically change once the district is redrawn per a recent court order? And isn't this special election only for a few months and then the election for a full term happens using the court order district?

by Anonymousreply 89March 4, 2018 12:42 AM

[QUOTE]I live in his district and I'm seeing a surprising number of Conor Lamb signs (my town is freeper central so this is encouraging)

The Deplorables are retreating back into their caves now that they see how disappointing Trump has been. They say they’re still with him in opinion polls but their enthusiasm has waned significantly.

by Anonymousreply 90March 4, 2018 12:46 AM

I think Saccone will win. He better, considering we are entering into a trade war to mollify the voters there. These special elections and their costs are ridiculous. We would all be better off if the seats were left vacant until the next general election.

by Anonymousreply 91March 4, 2018 1:02 AM

Especially in this case, r91. The next election is this coming November and if the court ordered redistricting occurs then a large part of what is now district 18 will actually be district 14, which is held by the democrats anyway. It does see, like a waste of resources.

by Anonymousreply 92March 4, 2018 1:07 AM

Disagree. IT will be a huge moral boost to Dem voters and politicians and a huge moral crusher for Rs. Remember they are hoping tax reform will be their magic bullet in November. That has a lot of value.

by Anonymousreply 93March 4, 2018 1:15 AM

Isn't Saccone polling ahead though.

by Anonymousreply 94March 4, 2018 1:19 AM

There haven't been many polls and Sacconne didn't have a big lead. A Lot has happened in the last two weeks. We don't know who is ahead at this point

by Anonymousreply 95March 4, 2018 1:20 AM

The GOP needs to pour as much money as they can into the election to hold the line. It’s not clear yet if all the substantial benefits that the working class people have received from Trump’s tax reform will be sufficient in November to hold on to people who have been duped by the media.

by Anonymousreply 96March 4, 2018 1:21 AM

Benefits have been relatively minor for working people so far R96. 3 million people got bonuses, That's 1.5% of the US workforce. And pay increases have also been modest, one poll put them at 2% of population saying they had got one. GOP says benefits have only just begun and will spiral dramatically into much more but for now it's voters are just being asked to take their word for it. On March 13th we will see if voters are doing that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 4, 2018 1:29 AM

[Quote] Here’s how tricky things have gotten for Republicans: GOP outside groups have dramatically scaled back their ads promoting the party’s tax cut, with the messaging barely moving the needle in the district’s working-class confines. The latest round of advertisements focus on law-and-order issues, like immigration and crime. A new spot from the Paul Ryan-aligned Congressional Leadership Fund super PAC slams Lamb for supporting “amnesty to illegal immigrants” because he “worked in the Obama administration.” A National Republican Congressional Committee ad portrays Lamb as soft on crime because he negotiated a plea deal with a notorious drug kingpin during his tenure as a federal prosecutor. These culture-war ads are reminiscent of those run by Ed Gillespie in his failed Virginia gubernatorial campaign, and they carry the whiff of desperation.

GOP tax cut political messaging is a dud with these voters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 4, 2018 1:15 PM

In the district Republicans are running these attack ads trying to link Conor to that evil she-Beast Nancy Pelosi!! Seriously, they are trying to make her look like some evil witch or something, I bet most Republicans can't even name one thing she's done.

by Anonymousreply 99March 4, 2018 3:03 PM

R99 You forget that Republicans have their own set of facts that's how they can spin these narratives which play to their base.

by Anonymousreply 100March 4, 2018 3:12 PM

Even more hilarious—and obvious in their overreaching dishonesty—are the ads blaming the opiod crisis on Conor Lamb. Oh, fucking please, Republiturds.

by Anonymousreply 101March 4, 2018 3:17 PM

I need shirtless photos ASAP.

They must be out there.

by Anonymousreply 102March 4, 2018 10:47 PM

If you want to see him shirtless then donate to his campaign. Should he win, thanks in part to prolific fundraising, he might rip his shirt off and helicopter it above his head on TV after the race is called.

by Anonymousreply 103March 4, 2018 10:57 PM

Conor Lamb pullling ahead!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 7, 2018 11:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 7, 2018 11:45 AM

Emerson polling is rather "meh" at best. Monmouth is much more reliable, and they haven't polled this race since mid-February (it had Saccone +3). The good news is most polls are within the margin of error, which indicates the race is super close. I'm not getting my hopes up after the disappointment of Georgia 6. (I think Lamb is running a better campaign overall than Ossoff, though.) Win or lose, the results of this race will be fascinating to watch. Hopefully Lamb can pull off another in a decent string of big upsets in red districts as of late.

by Anonymousreply 106March 7, 2018 5:41 PM

I think Trump is planning on going there to tout his steel tariffs and hoping it is enough to stop Lamb's momentum.

by Anonymousreply 107March 7, 2018 6:09 PM

R107 If I were running for office now the last thing I would want is the Orange Anus endorsing me.

by Anonymousreply 108March 7, 2018 6:32 PM

A LOT of good news for Lamb in this national poll. Dems at +10 vs Rs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 7, 2018 6:46 PM

BULGE ALERT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 7, 2018 7:13 PM

Debate will be free advertising for Lamb. He is nice to look at and more charismatic

by Anonymousreply 111March 7, 2018 7:15 PM

Uncle Joe is working to get out the vote for Conor, who looks eerily like his sainted late son Beau.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 7, 2018 7:35 PM

Jesus, that pic makes Biden look like an embalmed corpse.

by Anonymousreply 113March 7, 2018 7:37 PM

Is that Elaine Benes all giddy at meeting Uncle Joe @R112?

by Anonymousreply 114March 7, 2018 7:52 PM

Republicans sense defeat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 7, 2018 10:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 9, 2018 2:29 PM

Oh, gods of homosexuality, please make this happen!!

I'm still not getting my hopes up, though.

by Anonymousreply 117March 9, 2018 2:50 PM

We need to have Saccone elected to maintain economic prosperity. Lamb would just be a Pelosi stooge, notwithstanding his protestations.

by Anonymousreply 118March 9, 2018 2:57 PM

Is Vlad paying you 20 cents for that post, or 25, Svetlana/R118?

by Anonymousreply 119March 9, 2018 3:03 PM

The truth is while Lamb has carved out an independent brand for himself, Sacconne has just been on his knees praising Trump and GOP tax cuts, and it has him on the cusp of losing a Trump +20 district. Nothing the deplorables have tried seems to work

by Anonymousreply 120March 9, 2018 3:03 PM

I'm glad they are wasting so many millions of their deplorable KKKoch cash trying to prop this Sacconne loser up though

by Anonymousreply 121March 9, 2018 3:04 PM

The jobs numbers are good. Trump looks "presidential" and will get some mileage out of the North Korea thing, and steel tariffs to "protect our jobs" and "illegal immigration" are going to be Trump's strong suit. The GOP sees this as a win. The fact that they are going to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and privatize Social Security, after this election will escape most of the dumb asses who support him. We cannot allow voters to be fooled. We need to change the subject. What usually happens is the GOP candidate will cream"illegal immigration" and the Dem will start 'esplaining that DACA deserves to be passed, blah blah blah,. Wrong answer! Don't be fooled. Change the fucking subject. Pound away on the cuts to Medicare Medicaid, and SS. Pound away on how the GOP and Trump fucked up healthcare. They have been undermining it since they couldn't repeal it. As for jobs? Talk about all the jobs to will be lost because of tariffs. Make tariffs a bad word. But if you can't do that, at least talk about the minimum wage and how the GOP is opposed to it. And please talk about the $31,000 dinig room set, and all the free travel, and all the excesses Trump's people are guilty of.

by Anonymousreply 122March 9, 2018 3:12 PM

Just want to add that unless he does something really awful or something truly horrible comes out, ignore Trump and go after Congress and their record.

by Anonymousreply 123March 9, 2018 3:14 PM

Disagree, Dems have killed some bad policy by tying it to Trump. He is deeply unpopular in this country.

by Anonymousreply 124March 9, 2018 3:15 PM

The Republicans have spent $90 million on this race, for a district that won't exist in November.

An analyst on MSNBC just called that "psychotic." Can't argue!

by Anonymousreply 125March 9, 2018 3:22 PM

On what planet does he look anything approaching "presidential"?

by Anonymousreply 126March 9, 2018 3:22 PM

My comment was meant for r122, obviously. This marine looks plenty presidential and he isn't even in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 127March 9, 2018 3:24 PM

If Lamb wins this he will be Toomey's next statewide opponent. Kid is GOOD. Comes across smart and personable. And is running a great campaign

by Anonymousreply 128March 9, 2018 3:26 PM

All the more reason to support him if it means the end of Toomey.

Maybe that’s why Republicans are spending so much money to knock him out of the box. It’s about the damage Conor can do in the future. It’s like Don Ciccio trying to kill baby Vito before he could come back as a man for revenge.

by Anonymousreply 129March 9, 2018 3:31 PM

Even if Lamb doesn't win next week, he will likely win in the newly redrawn district and be Toomey's next opponent.

by Anonymousreply 130March 9, 2018 3:43 PM

Yeah, the new district will include Lamb's hometown, Mt. Lebanon, where he grew up and still lives now.

by Anonymousreply 131March 9, 2018 3:46 PM

Yeah but if he wins, he’ll be a superstar. Hell, he’d be in the conversation as a potential running mate for the Dem nominee. We’re talking a major elevation that would greatly benefit a Senate run down the road.

by Anonymousreply 132March 9, 2018 3:52 PM

<3 He's so dreamy <3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 9, 2018 3:52 PM

Doesn't this seat go back up for election in November? Why didn't they just wait the 8 months instead of holding a costly special election now?

by Anonymousreply 134March 9, 2018 3:57 PM

Yes he will benefit from Dems wanting someone with white working class appeal. And he seems to be actually good at politics. Chooses smart areas to break from the party and smart areas to brag about his liberal views. Combine someone with a keen political sense with his youth and good looks, making of a Dem super star

by Anonymousreply 135March 9, 2018 3:58 PM

[quote] Lamb has surged

He can surge right into my no-no hole!

by Anonymousreply 136March 9, 2018 3:58 PM

R134 Each state chooses their own laws about that sort of thing. How long they have to hold the election, whether the gov appoints someone in the meantime, how far away it has to be from normal election season. PAs rules tell them to do this. In many states this would be too close to November to hold the special election

by Anonymousreply 137March 9, 2018 3:59 PM

It's so important for Democrats to start building a young bench of future stars. Thanks to Trump, it's starting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 138March 9, 2018 4:05 PM

Toomey is a Senator, Lamb is running for the House.

by Anonymousreply 139March 9, 2018 4:08 PM

Yes R139, and in 2022 he will have enough experience to credibly challenge Toomey for Senate. That is what we are talking about

by Anonymousreply 140March 9, 2018 4:10 PM

Unless he’s in the White House before then.

by Anonymousreply 141March 9, 2018 4:11 PM

R138 is full of shit!!!!

by Anonymousreply 142March 9, 2018 5:31 PM

He's campaigning with another Dem hottie this weekend: MA Congressman Seth Moulton

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 10, 2018 4:41 PM

[quote]The GOP sees this as a win. The fact that they are going to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and privatize Social Security, after this election will escape most of the dumb asses who support him. We cannot allow voters to be fooled.

The anti-Lamb commercials running this week stress that it is Lamb who will cut off Medicare and SS.

by Anonymousreply 144March 10, 2018 4:45 PM

Trump showing up to gloat over his tariffs is a non-starter in this race: Lamb supports the tariffs as well.

by Anonymousreply 145March 10, 2018 4:48 PM

[bold]Does Conor Lamb support Medicare For All?[/Bold]

His website says:

[Italic]I believe that every American has a right to go see a doctor when they're sick, and that means every American has a right to health insurance they can afford.

The Affordable Care Act has flaws, but it has provided affordable coverage to more than a million Pennsylvanians who were previously uninsured.

Our representatives in Congress should be working together to build on that progress, fix what isn't working, and make the law better. Instead, Republicans in Congress spent the past year trying to take health insurance away from people with no plan to replace it. Now, costs are likely to go up for many of us, especially those with preexisting conditions. That is unacceptable, and it's a failure of leadership.

Republican leaders have not even allowed a vote on a bipartisan, common-sense effort to strengthen the ACA and stabilize the markets. And it took the threat of a government shutdown for both parties to come together and fund the children's health program (CHIP), something they'd ignored for months while the program was forced to survive on week-to-week bailouts.

These legislative failures show what is wrong with the status quo in Washington. I'll work with anyone from either party who wants to help people with pre-existing conditions, improve the quality of care, and reduce premiums, out-of-pocket costs, and prescription drug prices.[/Italic]

The answer is…no.

I will not vote for any Democratic candidate who does not support Medicare For All.

by Anonymousreply 146March 10, 2018 4:54 PM

He does not, R146, so definitely sit on your hands and tell your friends to do the same so we can have 7 more years of Trump/Pence and the final, complete dismantling of Obamacare in 2019 and the repeal of Roe v. Wade.

by Anonymousreply 147March 10, 2018 4:56 PM

A reminder that Pennsylvania congressional district boundaries are changing in November by court order.

by Anonymousreply 148March 10, 2018 5:25 PM

R148 True but the real victory of this is morale boost for Dems and drain for Rs. Hurts recruiting and fundraising and makes elected Rs more nervous about voting for far right bills

by Anonymousreply 149March 10, 2018 5:27 PM

As I understand it, the new map has a more Dem favorable seat in the area which Lamb should win in the fall, even if he loses this one.

by Anonymousreply 150March 10, 2018 5:30 PM

Lamb is a candidate from central casting who is saying anything he needs to to get elected, and the media is pushing his candidacy in any way possible. I hope the PA voters will be smart enough to defeat him and this type of election ploy.

by Anonymousreply 151March 10, 2018 5:51 PM

Please, someone. A stake at which to burn r151, to the corner of Bower Hill and Corcoran, STAT.

by Anonymousreply 152March 10, 2018 6:59 PM

Why would voters want to vote against someone who is for Obamacare and supporting workers? So Trump can feel good about himself for five minutes.

Good luck Connor.

by Anonymousreply 153March 10, 2018 7:04 PM

[quote]Good luck Connor.

Conor. But yes, good luck.

by Anonymousreply 154March 10, 2018 7:06 PM

My suggestion for the ones who don't think he's progressive enough is to move to Canada. It'll make getting rid of Trump and his cronies a lot easier.

by Anonymousreply 155March 10, 2018 7:10 PM

The Lambs have a lot of supporters in and around Pittsburgh.

Saccone looks like a shitty mobster. If they elect him he'll be Traficant, The Sequel.

by Anonymousreply 156March 11, 2018 2:32 AM

And Lamb is sexy <3

by Anonymousreply 157March 11, 2018 2:44 AM

Traveling MSNBC NewsTwink Vaughn Hillyard reports that Lamb's headquarters is packed with people working to get out the vote, and Saccone's office is ... not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 11, 2018 2:50 AM

There was a post in the past couple of days on electoral-vote.com that said if the mid terms were held now democrats would lose FIVE Senate seats. Let that sink in... they'd lose Montana, Missouri, West Virginia, North Dakota, and Indiana. Trump is over 50% approval in those states. And it would be close in Ohio, Wisconsin, and possibly Michigan. He's been a train wreck and republicans should lose but the Republicans would pick up five seats, unreal. Are people really that dumb? If Anthony Kennedy or notorious RBG leave the Supreme Court we are royally fucked....

by Anonymousreply 159March 11, 2018 3:35 AM

r159, remember that those places are outside of NYC and California, so the people there don't just hear the anti-Trump hysteria that is repeated in the echo chamber.

by Anonymousreply 160March 11, 2018 3:59 AM

Cheeto thinks he is better looking than Lamb!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161March 11, 2018 12:26 PM

I think the Senate poses a real problem for us. We have been told, and we KNOW the Russians are still fucking with us. They may not be as effective in special Congressional district elections, but they are certainly good at fucking with regularly scheduled state elections. So be advised. We need to do outstanding voter education and outreach in those states that R159 mentioned. This is very serious.

by Anonymousreply 162March 11, 2018 12:43 PM

Dems are in good shape in the senate actually. That poll didn't even have them losing to real opponents. Just "generic republican". That's because GOP is having trouble finding candidates to take on many of our guys. Western Dems, Heidi Heitkemp and Jon Testor are incredibly strong in their states. They have good approval ratings and and long political histories. McCaskill is probably the best campaigner in the senate.

But even if Dems lose one or two seats, we are favorites in Nevada right now, Heller is widely disliked. And we have a good shot in Arizona, although the trash racist chick they are running there seems strong too.

by Anonymousreply 163March 11, 2018 12:49 PM

Trump's racist rally hurt more than it helped I'm certain. He never does well when he goes off on profane rants. Had he focused on the economy and achievements, this could have boosted Saccone but it just showed off Trump at his worst. America does not like that person and never has.

by Anonymousreply 164March 11, 2018 1:31 PM

Mamma like! Mamma like! Lamb make mamma's mussy moister than a spring morning during lambing season!

by Anonymousreply 165March 11, 2018 1:35 PM

Trump called PA-18 Democratic candidate Conor Lamb "Lamb the Sham," then says he himself is better-looking than Lamb, though Lamb is much younger. Not only inaccurate and delusional, but also silly and juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 166March 11, 2018 3:46 PM

Has Conor said anything about his stance on LGBTQ rights? I can't seem to find anything.

by Anonymousreply 167March 11, 2018 7:14 PM

R160, being against Trump isn't "hysteria" - it's common sense. Most people think he's a joke, his approval rating is below 50%

by Anonymousreply 168March 11, 2018 10:06 PM

This was buried in one of he articles linked above.

[quote]And this week, the Republican National Committee conducted a data analysis finding that just 47 percent of voters in the district viewed Saccone favorably, 3 percentage points lower than Trump.

Only 50% of the voters in the district view orange favorably--in this "deep red" "Trump Territory" "deplorable land" where there was a 20-point margin a year and a half ago.

by Anonymousreply 169March 11, 2018 11:52 PM

What percentage of 33-year-old single, never-married men in Pennsylvania would you say are straight?

by Anonymousreply 170March 12, 2018 2:44 AM

It never ceases to amaze me that people who watch Fox as if it’s really news talk about a liberal “echo chamber”.

Are they really that stupid?

Or do they just think we are that stupid?

by Anonymousreply 171March 12, 2018 2:59 AM

Fox is not a news broadcast. It's a fucking show. It is complete bullshit. Aside from Sean Hannity they don't even have any marquee names. O'Reilly is gone and who gives a fuck about that dumb judge Jeanine or Tucker Carlson. They are the dregs. Not that O'Reilly wasn't. He was the dregs too.And no one is more evil and ignorant than Sean Hannity.

by Anonymousreply 172March 12, 2018 5:00 AM

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 173March 12, 2018 5:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 12, 2018 3:26 PM

whiff of desperation from GOP

by Anonymousreply 175March 12, 2018 3:27 PM

The first of many r175

by Anonymousreply 176March 12, 2018 3:31 PM

New poll has Conor with his bigger lead yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177March 12, 2018 5:03 PM

r177 That's great news but I'm still not getting my hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 178March 12, 2018 5:06 PM

Saccone is running ads like a man who knows he's down in the polls. In one Conor Lamb ad, Lamb states that the last 10 days the RNC has spent $19 million on the Saccone campaign.

Even Trump wasn't all out praising the guy like he did with the other losers.

by Anonymousreply 179March 12, 2018 5:21 PM

R147 writes,

[quote]He does not, [R146], so definitely sit on your hands and tell your friends to do the same so we can have 7 more years of Trump/Pence and the final, complete dismantling of Obamacare in 2019 and the repeal of Roe v. Wade.

That means Conor Lamb will not get my vote.

A Democrat who is not [italic]for[/italic] Medicare For All will [italic]not[/italic]get my vote.

If you can argue [italic]for[/italic] such a Democrat, who is against Medicare For All and is, because of that, also against you, R147, please go ahead and make your argument. And, no, Fear Donald Trump is not an argument [italic]for[/italic] Conor Lamb and any other Democratic candidate and the political party in general.

by Anonymousreply 180March 12, 2018 5:32 PM

If you care about Medicare for all (one policy) over LGBT rights, funding for housing programs, protecting minorities, entitlements and you're willing to let all of those go then you aren't a liberal. You're a child who can't handle not always getting your way. No one politician believes in everything I do, every vote I've had involves compromise. If you really care about society's most vulnerable groups, and not just yourself, you'll vote to help them even if you don't love the candidate

by Anonymousreply 181March 12, 2018 5:36 PM

R180 Bernie Sanders was in favor of Medicare for all. He had no viable plan to pay for it. It's one thing to be for Medicare for all, it's another thing to have a viable plan to pay for Medicare for all. Even Vermont, Bernie's home state, had trouble making it work.

by Anonymousreply 182March 12, 2018 5:37 PM

When are bernvictims going to wake up? Your stupid purity tests are ignorant and not even your saint Bernard can pass it.

He supports the NRA, FFS!

by Anonymousreply 183March 12, 2018 6:33 PM

While I’m not fan of Bernie, the man has a D- rating from the NRA. I wouldn’t call that a supporter.

by Anonymousreply 184March 12, 2018 6:41 PM

Bernie Sanders is the only non-republican on a list of the top-25 politicians receiving NRA support, r184.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 12, 2018 6:51 PM

They see the writing on the wall. But this is ridiculous. They now say this is a democratic district.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186March 12, 2018 7:29 PM

Thanks, r177. Was wondering if Monmouth (legit) was going to poll one last time. The race has flipped 5 points since their last poll in mid-February. It's almost as if Trump, Pence, Ivanka, and Co. have actually HURT Saccone. Hoping for a big Democratic turnout and a big Fuck You to the Orange Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 187March 12, 2018 8:50 PM

See? Now this is what I'm fuckin' talking about!!! Iowa. Yes. This is how you fight. When they go low you crush them so they have to look up to see the bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188March 12, 2018 10:51 PM

He's resorting to hateful polarizing attacks.

[quote]PA-18 Republican candidate Rick Saccone said at his closing, pre-election eve rally tonight that "the other side" has hatred for the president, the country & God.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189March 13, 2018 1:09 AM

I donated to Lamb this weekend. This would be a fantastic win.

by Anonymousreply 190March 13, 2018 1:18 AM

Sexual assaulter whatshisface was leading in the Alabama special election last year, but the dem won.

I wouldn't count out the Republican just yet. The results will be close. I sense some drama for the day of.

by Anonymousreply 191March 13, 2018 1:33 AM

The trend has definitely been pro lamb though

by Anonymousreply 192March 13, 2018 1:35 AM

Of course he is, r189. It's all he's got. It's all the GOP has.

by Anonymousreply 193March 13, 2018 1:37 AM

If you're a Democrat and you can vote for this guy, PLEASE! Vote! Try to get your eligible friends and family to vote for him too. We have to save this country. Only Democrats voting every chance they get can do that.

by Anonymousreply 194March 13, 2018 1:38 AM

I guess so, r192. But I don't trust polls, or predictions, or the experts anymore.

They also were slamming Alabama folks for "still going to put an accused sexual assaulter in office" then they didn't. Clinton would be in office if their trends were accurate. I'll believe Lamb is in, when it happens.

Sidenote, what does Lamb stand for exactly? He's never specific.

by Anonymousreply 195March 13, 2018 1:41 AM

R195 Pro entitlements, pro infrastructure spending, pro union, pro Obamacare, and pro-choice. But also pro gun. Has taken pictures with his rifle

by Anonymousreply 196March 13, 2018 1:44 AM

[quote]pro-gun

Well, he was a former Marine and he represents rural communities so it's not that unusual.

by Anonymousreply 197March 13, 2018 1:47 AM

If I lived in that district, I'd vote for him. Him not giving in to the media and far left pressure to be anti-gun makes him a better candidate in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 198March 13, 2018 1:48 AM

Americans obsession with guns is so got damn stupid.

by Anonymousreply 199March 13, 2018 1:51 AM

The Saccone comments at r189 are vile. These people are sick and are destroying our country.

by Anonymousreply 200March 13, 2018 4:10 AM

I could see Conor Lamb in the White House some day. Good looking, former military, centrist Democrat. His good looks reminds me a lot of JFK. Candidates like him are the Democrat Party’s future and I’d be proud to vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 201March 13, 2018 12:30 PM

Here comes Trump with the distractions. 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 13, 2018 1:00 PM

R202 Exactly! I just posted that in the thread on Tillerson. His bag of tricks is so predictable.

by Anonymousreply 203March 13, 2018 1:02 PM

I guess he’s waiting to fire Sessions until the day of the midterms.

by Anonymousreply 204March 13, 2018 1:09 PM

If Republicans lose the midterms badly and Russia stuff is still happening (it will be) sessions and Mueller are gone next day

by Anonymousreply 205March 13, 2018 1:10 PM

Saccone must be desperate to campaign with Donald Trump, Jr.

by Anonymousreply 206March 13, 2018 2:17 PM

Trump Jr. is emblematic of many reasons why Independent, non-Deplorable Pennsylvanians who voted for Trump now despise our so-called President.

by Anonymousreply 207March 13, 2018 2:41 PM

"Fun" analysis yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 13, 2018 2:51 PM

I think Donnie, Jr. believes he is now an important celebrity and he offers himself up to "help" in these campaigns. Of course, he knows that if the Dems take the House in November he is fucked forever. I can't wait to see him become someone's prison bitch.

by Anonymousreply 209March 13, 2018 2:59 PM

Saccone going down in flames.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 13, 2018 3:22 PM

"Him not giving in to the media and far left pressure to be anti-gun makes him a better candidate in my opinion."

Most Americans are in favor of gun control measures like background checks....that's not "far left"

When did freeper wingnuts invade this board?

by Anonymousreply 211March 13, 2018 3:25 PM

Unfortunately, R210, I think Saccone's going to win. The district is very, very red now. Like VERY red. Listen to 538's podcast from yesterday.

by Anonymousreply 212March 13, 2018 3:26 PM

psychics said it is going to be very close but Lamb is going to win.

by Anonymousreply 213March 13, 2018 3:35 PM

So how do we summon Poll Troll again? Or does he appear on its own when the time is just right?

by Anonymousreply 214March 13, 2018 3:40 PM

R214, you have to clap 3 times, and then click the heels of your ruby slippers together.....

by Anonymousreply 215March 13, 2018 3:44 PM

It's not nearly as red as it used to be, r212. Tim Murphy ran unopposed and now Saccone has Lamb, who is polling higher, running against him. The district actually has more registered democrats in it than republicans.

A progressive democrat wouldn't stand a chance, but Lamb's a moderate.

PT just sort of shows up.

by Anonymousreply 216March 13, 2018 3:45 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 13, 2018 3:53 PM

You know, I guess I need to check and see if there have been any breakdowns of Trump voters. Because I believe that a lot of people voted for Trump because they didn't like/trust Hillary, or because they just didn't want to see a woman President. I think many of them have abandoned Trump. He's a pig. So maybe the district really isn't as Red as it seems.

Plus I think people want someone who is going to do the work. They are sick of ideology and just want someone responsible to do the fucking work. And get the fuck out of their way.

by Anonymousreply 218March 13, 2018 3:56 PM

Saccone has been in office since Jan 4, 2011. He has two ads that tell how he helped get a drug law changed. Every time I saw those ads I would think is that all you have done in 7 years. It seems to have been his only accomplishment. All of his other ads are pure trash

by Anonymousreply 219March 13, 2018 4:05 PM

Pro Lambdong.

by Anonymousreply 220March 13, 2018 4:18 PM

Any info on when the polls close?

by Anonymousreply 221March 13, 2018 5:14 PM

Polls close at 8pm.

Anecdotally...turnout is strong!

by Anonymousreply 222March 13, 2018 5:18 PM

Internal Republican polling has Lamb way up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 13, 2018 5:37 PM

I want Lamb to win, but not by too much. Enough so that the GOP can't bring in the lawyers, but not so much that it'll alarm them to a much higher degree than a "mere win" (which is still huge) would. We don't want them upping their game "code red."

by Anonymousreply 224March 13, 2018 5:42 PM

I want a huge win. I want a win to remove all doubt. I want a win so huge and so decisive that any notion at all that they can recoup their loss in November is impossible to consider. I want a win so huge and so decisive that anyone on the other side who thinks they can steal an election is beyond delusional. I want them to run like scalded cats.

by Anonymousreply 225March 13, 2018 5:47 PM

You have to say poll troll’s name 3 times.

Clicking heels is for when you want to go home.

by Anonymousreply 226March 13, 2018 5:54 PM

shades of Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 227March 13, 2018 5:55 PM

FFS, R180. Fuck you with fire.

I despise Republicans and their hatred and ignorance, but at least they vote in lockstep for their candidates come hell or high water. If Dems could learn to do the same, we would be unbeatable just about everywhere (see Alabama).

But nooooo. You Bernbabie purists have to stamp your feet, take your balls home, refuse to vote, or thrown your vote away on idiots like Jill Stein. Your absolute refusal to compromise, your immature failure to understand that we live in a system of incremental change, has cost us election after election (not just 2016--your bullshit Nader support put Bush 2 in the White House back in 2000 as well). You fuckers allowed Trump to win, have allowed Repukes to control the House and the Senate, allowed Kennedy and likely RBG to be replaced which will swing the SC to the right for a generation, and allowed myriad evil far right bullshit to happen to this country all because you didn't get everything you wanted.

I am sooooo fucking tired of you motherfuckers. I actually have more respect for Repukes than I do for you shitstains.

You can't get everything you want. Grow up and stop allowing Repukes to win.

by Anonymousreply 228March 13, 2018 5:57 PM

How is it going in PA? No news on this in hours since the Tillerson firing.

by Anonymousreply 229March 13, 2018 5:57 PM

Republicans are feeling worse than ever after bad overnight polling R229. And there aren't any good anecdotal signs for them

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230March 13, 2018 6:00 PM

R228, R180 is a troll. Ignore him. I think it's the same poster who was rapid about Medicare for all becoming a thing in California. Kind of an obsessed troll.

by Anonymousreply 231March 13, 2018 6:00 PM

Nobody is talking about 2016 in real life.

It is a 100% troll red flag.

by Anonymousreply 232March 13, 2018 6:12 PM

OK - Thanks R230!

by Anonymousreply 233March 13, 2018 6:18 PM

Is the weather having an effect on voting? I'm in New England and it's snowing so much that driving is unrealistic. What are conditions like in Conor's cozy corner of the Keystone State?

by Anonymousreply 234March 13, 2018 6:23 PM

R233, I'm in Allegheny County. Anecdotally...everyone that I have spoken with today said there were more people at the polls today than in a normal election. A stronger turnout is good for Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 235March 13, 2018 6:24 PM

Depends on where you are in the district, r234. It's overcast where I am in Allegheny, but the district covers a few counties.

by Anonymousreply 236March 13, 2018 6:26 PM

They’re used to it.

by Anonymousreply 237March 13, 2018 6:30 PM

[quote] Kind of an obsessed troll.

In other words a typical DL poster.

by Anonymousreply 238March 13, 2018 6:33 PM

How to you go from CEO of Exxon to Trump’s bitch-boy who got laughed out of town.

This has got to be the most embarrassing downfall in history.

by Anonymousreply 239March 13, 2018 6:39 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 240March 13, 2018 7:27 PM

Any other special elections before the midterms we should worry about / look forward to?

by Anonymousreply 241March 13, 2018 9:57 PM

Poll troll, poll troll, poll troll.

by Anonymousreply 242March 13, 2018 10:02 PM

I am surprised this thread is slow?

by Anonymousreply 243March 13, 2018 10:52 PM

r243 Yeah, it's weird. Are they all having fun in some other thread about this election that we don't know about?

I believe the polls close in two hours? I hope the Poll Troll is alive still.

by Anonymousreply 244March 13, 2018 10:57 PM

Well there isn’t really anything to talk about yet R243

by Anonymousreply 245March 13, 2018 11:03 PM

Poll troll posted in one thread last night. Perhaps it is primetime or he is waiting for all voting precincts to close and the count to start coming in?

by Anonymousreply 246March 13, 2018 11:04 PM

r246 It's definitely not primetime as I can still post. I'm sure he'll swoop in an hour or so before the polls close.

by Anonymousreply 247March 13, 2018 11:07 PM

This is a strong republican district, meaning that there are way more registered republicans than democrats. The GOP has had to dump millions more unbudgeted dollars into this election to keep this house seat. They now think they can lose it.

WOW!

by Anonymousreply 248March 13, 2018 11:07 PM

Poll Troll is R1 of this thread from yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249March 13, 2018 11:14 PM

Actually, I think there are more registered Democrats in this district. However, like much of Mid-America they tend to vote Republican in general elections.

by Anonymousreply 250March 13, 2018 11:17 PM

I managed to find the NYT results page for this election. Refreshes automatically as the results trickle in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251March 13, 2018 11:18 PM

This is another nail bitter. When do the poll close? How long until final count?

by Anonymousreply 252March 13, 2018 11:18 PM

Voting Polls close in 40 minutes, no?

by Anonymousreply 253March 13, 2018 11:20 PM

He's just so dreamy. I don't even care about his love of guns; that's completely irrelevant to what I want to do to him.

r253 I think they close at 8 pm local time, which is an hour and forty minutes from now? Someone please confirm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254March 13, 2018 11:22 PM

Sorry, you're right, r253! The polls close around 8:20 pm EST.

by Anonymousreply 255March 13, 2018 11:24 PM

Yes, PA polls close at 8pm EAST.

There's also a special election in Tennessee today with a Dem running.

by Anonymousreply 256March 13, 2018 11:26 PM

He sure is handsome. I bet it Is nice and thick. Hehe sign me up.

by Anonymousreply 257March 13, 2018 11:26 PM

"hehe"

by Anonymousreply 258March 13, 2018 11:27 PM

I just read this in the NYT opinion piece:

[quote]He has run to the political middle on cultural issues (like guns and abortion) and to the left on economic ones (like trade).

So... he's against abortion? What does that mean exactly, being in the political middle on that issue? Does he want the states to decide the issue for themselves? If so, that's a total boner killer.

by Anonymousreply 259March 13, 2018 11:27 PM

Lamb will be really hot for Capitol Hill.

by Anonymousreply 260March 13, 2018 11:29 PM

IDK what the NYT means. He has called himself pro choice and said he would have voted against the 20 week abortion ban. He says he is personally not a fan of abortion but is anyone really?

by Anonymousreply 261March 13, 2018 11:29 PM

Is that the real Poll Troll, R249, or an imposter?

by Anonymousreply 262March 13, 2018 11:29 PM

r261 Thanks, that makes me feel better about him. And yes, "not being a fan of abortion" is a ridiculous thing to say for anyone, but especially a man.

by Anonymousreply 263March 13, 2018 11:33 PM

Huge win, please. Voter enthusiasm matters a lot, and nothing breeds enthusiasm like a winner, we'll that and racism if you're a Republican, but that's another discussion.

by Anonymousreply 264March 13, 2018 11:33 PM

So regardless of who wins, they re-enter the campaign mode tomorrow because the same seat is up again for the midterms? We're basically talking about a symbolic win here, correct?

by Anonymousreply 265March 13, 2018 11:35 PM

Sounded just like the way Poll Troll writes to me, R262.

by Anonymousreply 266March 13, 2018 11:35 PM

r264 Agreed! I know someone upthread said they don't want Lamb to win by a big margin as that would cause the GOP to pull out all the stops for the midterms, but on the other hand, people tend to underestimate just how much this would energize the Democratic base. It's literally change you can see with your eyes and there's nothing more motivating than that.

by Anonymousreply 267March 13, 2018 11:38 PM

Someone is trying to bump old threads all day to cover up:

Potential dem victory in PA

Another dead Brit

President’s personal assistant was FIRED today.

That’s 3 scandals in one day.

by Anonymousreply 268March 13, 2018 11:44 PM

Some of these scandals are intended to win the news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 269March 13, 2018 11:46 PM

r259, he's anti-abortion like Joe Biden. He's personally against it but he's not going to force the electorate to think like him. With that said, he's more conservative than people here would like so I doubt you'd all vote him in as President, but he is a democrat in a republican district so he can't win as a progressive.

by Anonymousreply 270March 14, 2018 12:07 AM

Pennsylvania polls are now closed.

First results expected around 8:20 p.m. Eastern time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271March 14, 2018 12:07 AM

PT is it true. Say your name three times and you appear!

by Anonymousreply 272March 14, 2018 12:10 AM

r271 You're back!

by Anonymousreply 273March 14, 2018 12:10 AM

Yes, I'm back. :)

And yes, that was me posting yesterday on the other thread about the most recent Monmouth Poll for the PA race.

by Anonymousreply 274March 14, 2018 12:12 AM

It's expected to be a close race.

So it may be a couple of hours before the final results are known.

by Anonymousreply 275March 14, 2018 12:15 AM

I'm so excited PT. I'm here in Allegheny County! My colleagues say that voter turnout was strong.

by Anonymousreply 276March 14, 2018 12:16 AM

There are some reports today of high turnout in Mt Lebanon.

Mt Lebanon is the bluest part of the district, so that could be an encouraging sign for Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 277March 14, 2018 12:17 AM

Good!

by Anonymousreply 278March 14, 2018 12:24 AM

Poll troll in da House! We have us some election coverage now, bay-bee!

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2018 12:29 AM

Early numbers have just come in from Allegheny County:

Lamb (D) 52.5%

Saccone (R) 47.0%

by Anonymousreply 280March 14, 2018 12:30 AM

I have not like Tom Perez before, but he is killing it on CNN right now

by Anonymousreply 281March 14, 2018 12:31 AM

Allegheny! My county is awesome.

Fun fact: voters as far as Lehigh Valley (300 miles away) were complaining that they weren't able to vote today. Nobody said Pennsylvanians were smart!

by Anonymousreply 282March 14, 2018 12:35 AM

R280 that's 1% reporting lets hope those numbers hold or improve.

by Anonymousreply 283March 14, 2018 12:35 AM

Thank you baby Jebus! Let's hope it holds, as R283 said.

(And yeah, he's dreamy... for a politician. Let's not go nuts.)

by Anonymousreply 284March 14, 2018 12:36 AM

The NYT model is predicting a close race based on these early results, with a small advantage to Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 285March 14, 2018 12:39 AM

2% of the vote now in.

Lamb (58.7%)

Saccone (40.6)

by Anonymousreply 286March 14, 2018 12:40 AM

Greene county is close so far and that is truly amazing. It's Pensultucky like.

by Anonymousreply 287March 14, 2018 12:40 AM

MSNBC not giving us the election panel treatment tonight? Why am I looking at Chris Hayes? Where is Rachel and Lawrence and the gang? Wtf, it’s like they don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 288March 14, 2018 12:41 AM

Lamb is increasing his lead with 3% of the vote now in.

by Anonymousreply 289March 14, 2018 12:42 AM

I’ve been forced to turn to CNN. They’re the only ones doing it right. But I prefer the NBC crew.

by Anonymousreply 290March 14, 2018 12:42 AM

Lamb (60.2%)

Saccone (39.3)

by Anonymousreply 291March 14, 2018 12:43 AM

62 lamb vs. 37 saccone with 6% in!!!

by Anonymousreply 292March 14, 2018 12:44 AM

So far Lamb is running several points ahead of the NYT Model's estimate.

Lamb is outperforming by about 3 points so far.

by Anonymousreply 293March 14, 2018 12:46 AM

A frenetic Steve Kornacki appears, with his board on MSNBC now.

by Anonymousreply 294March 14, 2018 12:49 AM

No results from Westmoreland county yet—does it (shudder) lean Republican?

by Anonymousreply 295March 14, 2018 12:51 AM

10% of polls now in.

Lamb (58.6%)

Saccone (40.9%)

by Anonymousreply 296March 14, 2018 12:51 AM

Yes, r295, but they have the smarter republicans out there.

The Pittburgh papers endorsed Saccone, but Lamb got the endorsement of many of the labor unions.

by Anonymousreply 297March 14, 2018 12:55 AM

Westmoreland County may not report results until 9:30 PM.

by Anonymousreply 298March 14, 2018 12:56 AM

Although Lamb is leading in these early returns, the NYT Model is still predicting a close race.

by Anonymousreply 299March 14, 2018 1:00 AM

[QUOTE]The Pittburgh papers endorsed Saccone

Why would they do that?

by Anonymousreply 300March 14, 2018 1:03 AM

The Times is giving Saccone a 60% shot of winning.

They predict the final result will be Saccone by 2 points.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301March 14, 2018 1:03 AM

WTF is wrong with the Times?

by Anonymousreply 302March 14, 2018 1:04 AM

It could go either way.

Westmoreland County is not expected to report results until 9:30 PM, and it's a Republican stronghold, so Saccone could pull ahead.

by Anonymousreply 303March 14, 2018 1:06 AM

That’s awful news.

by Anonymousreply 304March 14, 2018 1:06 AM

Maybe that’s why MSNBC isn’t going all out with the special election coverage.

by Anonymousreply 305March 14, 2018 1:07 AM

Well, if Lamb loses by only a few points, that bodes well for a win in November after the district is redrawn more evenly.

by Anonymousreply 306March 14, 2018 1:08 AM

Saccone closing in already.

by Anonymousreply 307March 14, 2018 1:09 AM

Westmoreland now beginning to report in.

by Anonymousreply 308March 14, 2018 1:10 AM

NYT just jumped back to Lamb

by Anonymousreply 309March 14, 2018 1:11 AM

NYT Model now back to 52% Lamb chance of winning.

by Anonymousreply 310March 14, 2018 1:11 AM

If it suddenly flips at the 50% reporting mark... you know it was hacked.

by Anonymousreply 311March 14, 2018 1:12 AM

Alright, I won’t cancel my subscription then.

by Anonymousreply 312March 14, 2018 1:13 AM

The NYT needle will probably be volatile for a while.

by Anonymousreply 313March 14, 2018 1:13 AM

PGH buddy says Saccone is doing better than locals expected. Big movement on ground after Trump rally. Nail biting on Liberty Avenue.

by Anonymousreply 314March 14, 2018 1:14 AM

Nate Cohn reports that Saccone is doing better than expected in his own state legislative district.

by Anonymousreply 315March 14, 2018 1:14 AM

What’s PGH? What’s Liberty Avenue?

by Anonymousreply 316March 14, 2018 1:15 AM

45% of the vote now in.

Lamb leads by 8 points, and 7,000 votes.

by Anonymousreply 317March 14, 2018 1:16 AM

Gay district in Pittsburgh.

by Anonymousreply 318March 14, 2018 1:16 AM

NYT Model at 53% Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 319March 14, 2018 1:18 AM

I can't take this...hurry up!

by Anonymousreply 320March 14, 2018 1:19 AM

About 93, 000 votes have now been counted.

Predictions are for about 230,000 votes to be cast in total.

by Anonymousreply 321March 14, 2018 1:20 AM

Oh no... that Westmorland county is super red... hasn't come in yet.

by Anonymousreply 322March 14, 2018 1:20 AM

58% of the vote now in.

Lamb lead shrinks to 5%.

by Anonymousreply 323March 14, 2018 1:21 AM

R300 the Gazette went to the dark side when it was bought out. They ran a really horrible editorial a few weeks ago that had their reporters do a byline strike. The Trib has always been conservative.

If Lamb can keep a loss to a slim one in Greene then it's over for Saccone.

by Anonymousreply 324March 14, 2018 1:21 AM

Kornacki reporting that Lamb's lead won't be able to withold the expected vote totals for Saccone in the remaining districts. Lamb needs to run about 10% better in the remaining counties in order to win, and he won't be able to. Saccone probably wins by at least 3 points.

by Anonymousreply 325March 14, 2018 1:21 AM

That would make me really sad, R325, hopefully the good guy pulls this one out.

by Anonymousreply 326March 14, 2018 1:23 AM

If Saccone wins, I’m moving to Canada.

by Anonymousreply 327March 14, 2018 1:24 AM

Conor will win. There aren't enough votes left in Westmoreland and they are tied in Washington, the other republican county

by Anonymousreply 328March 14, 2018 1:25 AM

A new complication has arisen.

Westmoreland County says that they aren't going to report results by precinct tonight.

Nate Cohn says the NYT may turn off the model.

by Anonymousreply 329March 14, 2018 1:25 AM

A Saccone win by 3 means it would still be a 17-point swing for the Democrats. That is very good. Trump won this district by 20 points.

The districts are being redrawn for the November regular election and this one will include Lamb's hometown, which is more affluent and Democratic.

by Anonymousreply 330March 14, 2018 1:25 AM

61% of the vote now in.

Lamb lead up to 6 percentage points.

by Anonymousreply 331March 14, 2018 1:28 AM

And Saccone will be moved into the 14th district which include true blue, Pittsburgh proper!

by Anonymousreply 332March 14, 2018 1:28 AM

If the full results aren't reported tonight, then Saccone wins.

by Anonymousreply 333March 14, 2018 1:31 AM

Are they rigging it?

by Anonymousreply 334March 14, 2018 1:31 AM

An estimated 100,000 more votes remain to be counted.

by Anonymousreply 335March 14, 2018 1:32 AM

Lamb probably thinks of this as at worst a dry run for the better playing field in November, at best an outright win.

by Anonymousreply 336March 14, 2018 1:32 AM

I love Joe Trippi. He first rose to prominence when he worked for Howard Dean back in the day He's a genius with polls and elections and voter behavior. He's on CNN. I'll take his analysis over anyones. RIght now he is saying that no matter who wins tonight,m this is a very bad result for the Republicans. Trump won this district by more than 60% in 2016. And if Saccone wins it will be by a hair. IF. and right now it doesn't look good for Saccone.

by Anonymousreply 337March 14, 2018 1:32 AM

WTF is up with Westmoreland County? All the other counties are almost done reporting and they have barely started. Are they a bunch of hillbillies who don't know how to count?

by Anonymousreply 338March 14, 2018 1:34 AM

WHY are they tinkering with precinct results?

by Anonymousreply 339March 14, 2018 1:34 AM

Lamb has been trending up on the NYT's final result estimates in the last 10-15 minutes.

R334, if that heavily Republican area isn't reporting tonight then I expect Saccone will squeak out a narrow win when the votes are finally counted.

by Anonymousreply 340March 14, 2018 1:35 AM

Recount!

by Anonymousreply 341March 14, 2018 1:36 AM

71% of the vote now in.

Lamb lead down to 4 points.

by Anonymousreply 342March 14, 2018 1:36 AM

Kornacki is the REAL poll troll. He's always leaning towards the Republicans whenever he "reports" on things.

Can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 343March 14, 2018 1:36 AM

Sort of, r338. The further away from Pittsburgh the worse it gets.

Don't get too happy about the districts being redrawn. There's a court challenge.

by Anonymousreply 344March 14, 2018 1:37 AM

Lamb only had a 3 point lead in the latest polls going into tonight.

So these results are still in line with the polls.

This was expected to be close.

by Anonymousreply 345March 14, 2018 1:37 AM

OK. Keep an eye on this. If there is any tampering it'll be here. Westmoreland. It has always been GOP. But Lamb was pulling in 44% of the vote. Hillary only got 35% there. Which is good, because he is also way ahead in the Dem stronghold of Allegheny county. He is out performing Hillary by a lot, and Saccone is underperforming Trump by a lot.

by Anonymousreply 346March 14, 2018 1:38 AM

What the hell is going on here?

by Anonymousreply 347March 14, 2018 1:38 AM

NYT has decided to turn off the needle.

by Anonymousreply 348March 14, 2018 1:38 AM

It'll be down to Republican turnout in Westmoreland. If it is high, Lamb loses.

by Anonymousreply 349March 14, 2018 1:39 AM

The NYT Model relies on precinct results.

Westmoreland County isn't going to report precinct results.

So NYT has had to shut their model down.

by Anonymousreply 350March 14, 2018 1:41 AM

John King is saying 88% of Westmoreland is already in.

by Anonymousreply 351March 14, 2018 1:43 AM

The most Republican part of the district — Greene County — reported its results: Saccone up by 16.

But Trump won that county by 43 points. Romney won in 2012 by 25 points.

Turnout was down 56% from the 2016 election.

That is a 27-POINT SWING to the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 352March 14, 2018 1:44 AM

83% of the vote now in.

Lamb leads by by 2.5 points.

by Anonymousreply 353March 14, 2018 1:45 AM

87% of the vote now in.

Lamb lead down to 1.4 points.

by Anonymousreply 354March 14, 2018 1:46 AM

Unless the last batch of Westmoreland is 2-1 Saccone, Conor has this

by Anonymousreply 355March 14, 2018 1:47 AM

damn

by Anonymousreply 356March 14, 2018 1:47 AM

I will say it again and again. Close elections are much easier to steal. We have to show up. We have to turn out. I don't care how well Conor Lamb and the Dems do, if we lose. Those rotten fuckers. Well. The court ordered them to redraw the district lines so we can regroup and win in November, but shit. If we really want to get rid of Trump we have to win the House. We need 25 seats. there are four vacancies. We can win them all. If we show up.

by Anonymousreply 357March 14, 2018 1:47 AM

So close.

by Anonymousreply 358March 14, 2018 1:50 AM

This is not going in Lamb's direction. It's reminding me of what happened Election night 2016 when it felt like Hillary had it, and then suddenly Trump came up from behind and took it away.

I'm still traumatized by that night.

by Anonymousreply 359March 14, 2018 1:50 AM

I doubt Lamb will win now. The margin in Greene was too wide. In order for Lamb to win, Saccone had to squeak by in Washington and Westmoreland and take Greene by no more than 12.

by Anonymousreply 360March 14, 2018 1:50 AM

Rural red districts are all run dirty. True in late surging numbers in MI and PA.

by Anonymousreply 361March 14, 2018 1:51 AM

These motherfuckers. Break this goddamn country up already. Why should I be subjected to the whims of “rural voters” in some bumfuck county I never even heard of?

by Anonymousreply 362March 14, 2018 1:51 AM

If I were Lamb I'd zero in on key precincts in Westmoreland and demand certain precincts be recounted. Absolutely. If he loses this he has to.

by Anonymousreply 363March 14, 2018 1:52 AM

Other than optics, it really doesn't matter who wins this vote, this congressional district won't even exist in November 2018 and both Lamb and Saccone will live in different congressional districts then.

by Anonymousreply 364March 14, 2018 1:52 AM

88% now in.

Lamb lead increases ever so slightly to 1.5%

by Anonymousreply 365March 14, 2018 1:53 AM

God I love America.

by Anonymousreply 366March 14, 2018 1:54 AM

Lamb up a tick more...

by Anonymousreply 367March 14, 2018 1:54 AM

leading by 0.4% with 94% reporting

by Anonymousreply 368March 14, 2018 1:54 AM

Wow.

94% now in.

Lamb lead down to 0.4%.

by Anonymousreply 369March 14, 2018 1:54 AM

Yes it does matter. That fucker Saccone said anybody who was against him was anti Trump, anti country, and anti-God or some bullshit like that. How do Repukes get away with that shit?

He and his president need to lose and that loss needs to be humiliating.

by Anonymousreply 370March 14, 2018 1:54 AM

WESTMORELAND fully counted! Lambs lead can only go up now!!

by Anonymousreply 371March 14, 2018 1:55 AM

95% now reporting.

Lamb lead at 0.5%.

by Anonymousreply 372March 14, 2018 1:56 AM

but there are red areas of Washington and Allegheny

by Anonymousreply 373March 14, 2018 1:57 AM

Lamb's lead is around 700 votes, a very tight race.

by Anonymousreply 374March 14, 2018 1:57 AM

Is what R371 said true, Poll Troll? Is this the pinnacle for Saccone?

by Anonymousreply 375March 14, 2018 1:57 AM

More Allegheny still coming in to pad his lead

by Anonymousreply 376March 14, 2018 1:57 AM

I can't believe that MSNBC is having no in depth coverage about this race tonight. They certainly talked about the race enough in the weeks leading up to tonight's race.

by Anonymousreply 377March 14, 2018 1:58 AM

They had to call-in the Russian hackers, #374.

by Anonymousreply 378March 14, 2018 1:58 AM

Switch to CNN, they never disappoint

by Anonymousreply 379March 14, 2018 1:58 AM

It seems like Drew Miller(3rd party) who has .6% of the vote is keeping Lamb alive.

by Anonymousreply 380March 14, 2018 1:59 AM

3700 absentee ballots not included yet.

by Anonymousreply 381March 14, 2018 1:59 AM

With only 700 votes will that trigger an automatic recount?

by Anonymousreply 382March 14, 2018 1:59 AM

Pooty's ground crew are trying their best to save it for the Bone Spur league. They could have someone fucking with the machines

by Anonymousreply 383March 14, 2018 2:00 AM

NYT still has Westmoreland at 97%. Washington @ 90%

by Anonymousreply 384March 14, 2018 2:00 AM

There's really no need for it R377. Rachel's covering it now a bit.

by Anonymousreply 385March 14, 2018 2:00 AM

Whoever wins will do it by less than a thousand votes.

by Anonymousreply 386March 14, 2018 2:00 AM

PA please!!! prove the rest of us wrong and that there is hope in beautiful Pennsylvania.

by Anonymousreply 387March 14, 2018 2:01 AM

[quote]Is what [R371] said true, Poll Troll? Is this the pinnacle for Saccone?

Too soon to tell.

Westmoreland and Washington are almost done, but there still appears to be some left.

by Anonymousreply 388March 14, 2018 2:01 AM

Never ever fail to vote. Turn out.

by Anonymousreply 389March 14, 2018 2:01 AM

Washington is fairly red too.

by Anonymousreply 390March 14, 2018 2:02 AM

Lamb's lead increases ever so slightly.

Now 0.6% ahead.

by Anonymousreply 391March 14, 2018 2:02 AM

Looking at the precinct results at NYT, it's hard to determine if the outstanding areas in Wash and Allegheny will go Rep or Dem

by Anonymousreply 392March 14, 2018 2:02 AM

Decision Desk HQ hasn't been able to reach a decision yet.

by Anonymousreply 393March 14, 2018 2:03 AM

How dare Saccone say Democrats don't like 🗿 Jesus !

by Anonymousreply 394March 14, 2018 2:04 AM

[quote]Looking at the precinct results at NYT, it's hard to determine if the outstanding areas in Wash and Allegheny will go Rep or Dem

That's why NYT turned the needle off.

We don't know what's still out.

by Anonymousreply 395March 14, 2018 2:04 AM

Hmmm the count seems to be stuck in 95% flashes of 2016 election.

by Anonymousreply 396March 14, 2018 2:04 AM

I'm watching Kornacki on MSNBC right now and I wish Lawrence would just stand in front of him slap the glasses off his face

by Anonymousreply 397March 14, 2018 2:05 AM

Have all the votes from Moscow been counted?

by Anonymousreply 398March 14, 2018 2:05 AM

CNN has a camera crew and reporters INSIDE the absentee ballot counting place. Yaay. I was watching Rachel for a while, but then she said the magic words:Steve Kornacki" and I flipped to CNN. I'd rather look at Rick Santorum than listen to Steve Kornacki. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 399March 14, 2018 2:06 AM

Now up to 96% in.

Lamb holding onto a 0.6% lead.

by Anonymousreply 400March 14, 2018 2:06 AM

I thought DL had a big crush on Steve Kornacki. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

by Anonymousreply 401March 14, 2018 2:07 AM

r394, it was God, not Jesus. And I have nothing against Jesus, I don't believe in him, but I have nothing against him.

by Anonymousreply 402March 14, 2018 2:07 AM

Lamb ahead by 1,238 votes.

by Anonymousreply 403March 14, 2018 2:07 AM

Ugh I can’t deal with this, I’m taking a Xanax

by Anonymousreply 404March 14, 2018 2:08 AM

Allegheny county is what's keeping Lamb alive but they are now at 97%

Washington County is @ 90% with Republicans leading by 2k votes. Keep it close Democrats

by Anonymousreply 405March 14, 2018 2:08 AM

I can't even masturbate!

by Anonymousreply 406March 14, 2018 2:09 AM

Why all the hate for Steve?

Maybe because he's a Libertarian?

by Anonymousreply 407March 14, 2018 2:09 AM

is this going to come down to the absentee ballots?

by Anonymousreply 408March 14, 2018 2:10 AM

Because he's an ugly dork

by Anonymousreply 409March 14, 2018 2:10 AM

Me too R404

by Anonymousreply 410March 14, 2018 2:11 AM

I would hope so on Allegheny County, r405. Of all the districts, that has the most democrats.

by Anonymousreply 411March 14, 2018 2:11 AM

[quote]Why all the hate for Steve?Maybe because he's a Libertarian?

Ironically Steve Miller taking .6% of the vote is what's keeping Lamb ahead of the Repig. >6% is the diference between the two. hehe

by Anonymousreply 412March 14, 2018 2:12 AM

What's taking so long?

by Anonymousreply 413March 14, 2018 2:13 AM

I’d like Steve better if he presented hole.

by Anonymousreply 414March 14, 2018 2:13 AM

Well everything will depend on where the absentee ballots came from if they were from Allegheny then it's Lambs.

by Anonymousreply 415March 14, 2018 2:14 AM

"BREAKING: At 9pm, it will be at least 3 hours til they call #PA18.

If it comes down to this in a gerrymandered R district Trump won by 20 with a 5x spending advantage and steel tariffs, ignore all his excuses. Trump is running on fumes as a politician."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416March 14, 2018 2:14 AM

R401, I think DL turned on him after 2016. I know the DL loved him during the primaries.

by Anonymousreply 417March 14, 2018 2:14 AM

Sadly, r412, I know more democrats that went for Miller because they considered Lamb a Dino.

by Anonymousreply 418March 14, 2018 2:15 AM

🐑 [bold] This Is A Real Hoof Biter !

by Anonymousreply 419March 14, 2018 2:15 AM

Allegheny Elections Board chief says they have around 3700 absentee ballots.

They may not finish counting them until Midnight.

by Anonymousreply 420March 14, 2018 2:15 AM

Westmoreland County is what's screwing everything up because Deplorables are leading by 10K, but they are at 99% so the hemorrhage will stop soon.

It will be up to Washington county and the absentee ballots in Allegheny. The Dems need to keep it close in Washington county even if they lose the county.

by Anonymousreply 421March 14, 2018 2:17 AM

Really 418, ?

Shades of the 2016 election and the Bernie and Jill Stein vote, that played a part in costing Clinton the White House.

by Anonymousreply 422March 14, 2018 2:18 AM

Steve Kornacki use to have a show on MSNBC and wasn't too bad, but then MSNBC made him their election expert gave him a big board and apparently someone told him to start yelling and making exaggerated arm gestures while bending over like a 90 year old man and he became very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 423March 14, 2018 2:18 AM

Unfortunately, it looks like the Repug is gonna squeak by with a win.

by Anonymousreply 424March 14, 2018 2:19 AM

DL went off Kornacki because he's kind of a loser. His star descended at MSNBC, then descended again.

From host of his own show (Up) to co-host of a four-person show (The Cycle) to ... possibly autistic numbers boy who gets trotted out occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 425March 14, 2018 2:19 AM

Harry Enten says we are seeing an even larger swing toward the Democrats in 2018 than we saw back in 2006.

by Anonymousreply 426March 14, 2018 2:19 AM

Oh well. I never watched him, but I'll remember him in his adorkable days before he lost favor.

by Anonymousreply 427March 14, 2018 2:21 AM

Keep in mind absentee ballots include military and Lamb is a former Marine.

by Anonymousreply 428March 14, 2018 2:22 AM

Allegheny county still has three precincts that haven't reported any votes and that county is going more for Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 429March 14, 2018 2:22 AM

We are seeing a 17-point swing towards the Democrats.

In 2006 there was a 15-point swing toward the Democrats and the Republicans lose Congress.

Bodes well for Dems in November.

by Anonymousreply 430March 14, 2018 2:22 AM

Yeah -- watch how Lamb leads the while time and then loses at the last minute.

That's how the Russkis do it.

by Anonymousreply 431March 14, 2018 2:22 AM

97 percent of precincts fully reporting.

by Anonymousreply 432March 14, 2018 2:23 AM

Oh no...

by Anonymousreply 433March 14, 2018 2:24 AM

R431 = Donnie's Rump

by Anonymousreply 434March 14, 2018 2:24 AM

Does anyone trust the election officials in these redneck Trump cult states? I don’t

by Anonymousreply 435March 14, 2018 2:25 AM

98% reporting.

Lamb leads by 0.3 points

by Anonymousreply 436March 14, 2018 2:25 AM

Kornacki just spat out a shitload of numbers and Lawrence seems annoyed.

by Anonymousreply 437March 14, 2018 2:25 AM

Cross Creek 3 just reported in Wash Co. Super red! 75.9% - 24.1%

by Anonymousreply 438March 14, 2018 2:25 AM

[QUOTE]Does anyone trust the election officials in these redneck Trump cult states? I don’t

Doesn’t PA have a Democrat governor who’s in control of this shit?

by Anonymousreply 439March 14, 2018 2:26 AM

Conor Lamb leads by 0.3 percentage points, or 585 votes, over Rick Saccone with 98 percent of precincts fully reporting.

Conor Lamb 107,155 49.8%t Rick Saccone 106,570 49.6t Drew Miller 1,304 0.6t

by Anonymousreply 440March 14, 2018 2:27 AM

I thought they normally counted absentee ballots first, what they doing counting them twice?

by Anonymousreply 441March 14, 2018 2:27 AM

With Washco having 7% remaining, and everyone else basically done, I think Saccone is going to just barely pull this off.

by Anonymousreply 442March 14, 2018 2:27 AM

r439 yes because we had a really crappy republican gov. before him but how soon they forget

by Anonymousreply 443March 14, 2018 2:28 AM

It doesn’t matter if they have a Democratic Governor. Republicans cheat

by Anonymousreply 444March 14, 2018 2:29 AM

I understand

by Anonymousreply 445March 14, 2018 2:29 AM

WTF......Some counties aren't counting absentee ballots until tomorrow.?

by Anonymousreply 446March 14, 2018 2:29 AM

Decision Desk HQ reports that Washington County will not be counting absentee ballots until the morning.

by Anonymousreply 447March 14, 2018 2:29 AM

[quote]Kornacki just spat out a shitload of numbers and Lawrence seems annoyed.

I'm trying to squeeze out every ounce of limelight here!

by Anonymousreply 448March 14, 2018 2:31 AM

This race may not be called tonight.

by Anonymousreply 449March 14, 2018 2:32 AM

MSNBC's Traveling NewsTwink Vaughn Hillyard looks so cute tonight!

by Anonymousreply 450March 14, 2018 2:33 AM

98% reporting (581 of 593 precincts)

by Anonymousreply 451March 14, 2018 2:33 AM

Just leaving the ballots there until they get to them in the morning, I suppose. That sounds sketchy.

by Anonymousreply 452March 14, 2018 2:33 AM

700 vote lead.

by Anonymousreply 453March 14, 2018 2:34 AM

r439, it's "Democratic" but somehow I think you knew that already.

Troll.

by Anonymousreply 454March 14, 2018 2:34 AM

I agree Poll Troll at R449. BTW, I clicked my ruby red slippers three times and then I clapped like they did for Tinkerbell, and you came HOME. So happy to see you!!!!

by Anonymousreply 455March 14, 2018 2:34 AM

Lawrence did seem annoyed!

Steve’s back on. Good Lord, take a breathe

by Anonymousreply 456March 14, 2018 2:34 AM

R452, I think you're spot-on. Super sketchy. Hope the Dem attorneys are there to watch things. Cameras, too.

by Anonymousreply 457March 14, 2018 2:34 AM

I don't care if Lamb only wins by ten votes, as long as he wins!

by Anonymousreply 458March 14, 2018 2:34 AM

Conor Lamb leads by 0.3 percentage points, or 700 votes, over Rick Saccone with 98 percent of precincts fully reporting.

Conor Lamb 107,471 49.9%

Rick Saccone 106,771 49.5%

Drew Miller 1,308 0.6%

215,550 votes, 98% reporting (581 of 593 precincts)

by Anonymousreply 459March 14, 2018 2:35 AM

Isn’t this a major defeat for Republicans no matter what? Trump is a drain on their party

by Anonymousreply 460March 14, 2018 2:35 AM

We might not know who wins until tomorrow?

Fuck, I'm going to bed.

by Anonymousreply 461March 14, 2018 2:36 AM

7,000 absentee ballots in Allegheny County, which is going heavy for Lamb.

It ain't over yet!

by Anonymousreply 462March 14, 2018 2:37 AM

I think the red counties are waiting to "count" absentee ballots so they can figure out how many to "adjust" after they see the absentee numbers for the blue county.

by Anonymousreply 463March 14, 2018 2:37 AM

Allegheny County expects to count its absentee votes by Midnight.

However, Greene County and Washington County aren't planning to count absentees until tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 464March 14, 2018 2:37 AM

Kornacki is beyond HYPER.

Chill, bitch!!!!

by Anonymousreply 465March 14, 2018 2:38 AM

Yeah, those red counties will just announce a higher number since Republicans are filthy liars

by Anonymousreply 466March 14, 2018 2:38 AM

[quote] However, Greene County and Washington County aren't planning to count absentees until tomorrow.

Jonathan Alter just called Greene County 'Cow County'. He says nobody lives there!

by Anonymousreply 467March 14, 2018 2:39 AM

Yes, Kornacki needs to calm the fuck down.

by Anonymousreply 468March 14, 2018 2:39 AM

[quote]BTW, I clicked my ruby red slippers three times and then I clapped like they did for Tinkerbell, and you came HOME. So happy to see you!!!!

Hi, R455.

That's sweet. :)

by Anonymousreply 469March 14, 2018 2:40 AM

I can't believe how small some of these precinct are, one had a total of 38 total votes. West Middletown, Washington county.

by Anonymousreply 470March 14, 2018 2:42 AM

R463 is correct.

Rethugs always cheat.

Always.

by Anonymousreply 471March 14, 2018 2:42 AM

[QUOTE]Jonathan Alter just called Greene County 'Cow County'. He says nobody lives there!

It’s the same with all of these redneck ass counties. Get some heroin in there and wipe these Deplorables out already.

by Anonymousreply 472March 14, 2018 2:42 AM

CNN interview the guy who is in charge of counting the absentee ballots in allegheny earlier and he said that about 3700 absentee ballots were returned out of nearly 7,000 sent out.

by Anonymousreply 473March 14, 2018 2:42 AM

Ok I'm done with Kornacki. Someone take away her adderal

by Anonymousreply 474March 14, 2018 2:43 AM

Anyone watching Kornacki in the lower box on MSNBC?

Fucking hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 475March 14, 2018 2:44 AM

[quote]Anyone watching Kornacki in the lower box on MSNBC?

I find Kornacki very sexy when he gets so agitated.

But then I find Kornacki very sexy.

And I'm not normally into white guys

by Anonymousreply 476March 14, 2018 2:45 AM

Steve finally informed that the recount trigger is 0.5%.

Cornell Belcher said, Call your recount lawyers!

by Anonymousreply 477March 14, 2018 2:45 AM

Is it even mathematically possible for these small lazy counties to report a higher number?

by Anonymousreply 478March 14, 2018 2:45 AM

There should be a law that requires all absentee ballots to be counted immediately !

by Anonymousreply 479March 14, 2018 2:49 AM

9 precincts in red Washington County are driving their ballots to be counted somewhere...

by Anonymousreply 480March 14, 2018 2:50 AM

What is there justification for holding out when all other precincts are counting theirs?

Seems super shady to me.

by Anonymousreply 481March 14, 2018 2:50 AM

Shady as fuck, R481.

by Anonymousreply 482March 14, 2018 2:51 AM

Westmoreland has been stuck @ 99% while Allegheny is already at 100%. They were at 99% since Allegheny was at 97% and Allegheny is a bigger county. What gives? Are they manipulating the votes to give Saccone some extra 100 votes.

This race will go down to a 100-300 votes.

by Anonymousreply 483March 14, 2018 2:51 AM

I wonder if the MSNB talent snicker at Steve K with his Election Day antics

by Anonymousreply 484March 14, 2018 2:51 AM

R481, it does seem shady, but if these are small counties they may not have a lot of staff.

by Anonymousreply 485March 14, 2018 2:52 AM

Or have have someone who can do math

by Anonymousreply 486March 14, 2018 2:53 AM

Nor the ability to count very high, R485.

by Anonymousreply 487March 14, 2018 2:53 AM

Steve is about to literally jump into his laptop.

"Steve, you've given the viewers every single number they can possibly need." Lawrence, glaring at Steve.

by Anonymousreply 488March 14, 2018 2:53 AM

[quote]about 3700 absentee ballots were returned out of nearly 7,000 sent out.

47% of people went to the trouble of requesting an absentee ballot, and then, what, just couldn't find a stamp?

by Anonymousreply 489March 14, 2018 2:54 AM

[quote] 9 precincts in red Washington County are driving their ballots to be counted somewhere.

Lamb is winning some precincts in Washington County. Not by huge margins, but it's going to be hard for Saccone to chip away at the 755 votes if he isn't even winning the precincts

by Anonymousreply 490March 14, 2018 2:54 AM

This is annoying. Hurry up.

by Anonymousreply 491March 14, 2018 2:54 AM

They are tied!

by Anonymousreply 492March 14, 2018 2:54 AM

Yep, looks like Lamb is just going to win..... Or lose.

Goodnight Kornacki

by Anonymousreply 493March 14, 2018 2:54 AM

Tied even, shit....

by Anonymousreply 494March 14, 2018 2:55 AM

They will just mark more ballots if they drive them somewhere. Republicans are nasty

by Anonymousreply 495March 14, 2018 2:55 AM

49.7 - 49.7

99%

by Anonymousreply 496March 14, 2018 2:55 AM

R477 PA doesn't have an automatic recount provision.

by Anonymousreply 497March 14, 2018 2:56 AM

[quote]if these are small counties they may not have a lot of staff.

they also are likely to have fewer counting fingers and toes.

Because of the inbreeding and the gun "accidents."

by Anonymousreply 498March 14, 2018 2:56 AM

Fuck the asshole liberals who didn't vote because "he'a DINO!!" They fell for Russian BS.

by Anonymousreply 499March 14, 2018 2:56 AM

The Times has Lamb ahead by 95 votes with 2 precincts outstanding.

My prediction is Saccone goes ahead tonight but Lamb wins the absentees and the election

by Anonymousreply 500March 14, 2018 2:56 AM

damn, 145 votes difference

by Anonymousreply 501March 14, 2018 2:56 AM

I can't stand hyper Kornacki. He looks like an idiot with his eyes popping out.

by Anonymousreply 502March 14, 2018 2:57 AM

I'm off to bed, someone give me surprise anal if Lamb wins.

by Anonymousreply 503March 14, 2018 2:57 AM

Why Moose and Squirrel kept following us like we some kind of dishonest person?

by Anonymousreply 504March 14, 2018 2:57 AM

I hate that Dems don't vote as much as Republicans. Lazy fiucks.

by Anonymousreply 505March 14, 2018 2:57 AM

There are just two precinct left in West Moreland County

by Anonymousreply 506March 14, 2018 2:58 AM

Calm down R499, there aren't enough Dems in the district for that. Ultimately it was down to suburban Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 507March 14, 2018 2:58 AM

[quote] I hate that Dems don't vote as much as Republicans. Lazy fucks.

What about the 1334 asshats who voted for the Libertarian?

by Anonymousreply 508March 14, 2018 3:00 AM

When do you think Conor will change into his sweatpants? Will anyone be there with him when he does?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509March 14, 2018 3:00 AM

Miller should have graciously bowed out. He didn't have a snowball's chance in hell.

How much did the Repubs pay him?

by Anonymousreply 510March 14, 2018 3:01 AM

[quote] PA doesn't have an automatic recount provision.

That's what I thought Steve said but maybe I misinterpreted. He was talking about recount at 0.5%. Maybe it's about requesting a recount.

by Anonymousreply 511March 14, 2018 3:01 AM

Conor Lamb leads by 0.0 percentage points, or 95 votes, over Rick Saccone with 99 percent of precincts fully reporting.

Conor Lamb 109,945 49.7%

Rick Saccone 109,850 49.7%

Drew Miller 1,334 0.6%

221,129 votes, 99% reporting (591 of 593 precincts)

by Anonymousreply 512March 14, 2018 3:02 AM

I can't believe it's so close. Ugh.

I hate my home state sometimes. Fat inbred pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 513March 14, 2018 3:02 AM

That hold up on Westmoreland is looking more and more suspicious. Why did they have to transport the ballots to another place to count them?

by Anonymousreply 514March 14, 2018 3:03 AM

god dam right wing hackers makin it this close. shit

by Anonymousreply 515March 14, 2018 3:04 AM

CNN just reported Alegheny county absentee votes and Lamb got something like 700 more than Saccome.

by Anonymousreply 516March 14, 2018 3:04 AM

The absentee ballots will decide things.

by Anonymousreply 517March 14, 2018 3:04 AM

Some votes just came in. Lamb is up by 847!

by Anonymousreply 518March 14, 2018 3:05 AM

YAY LAMB WON!!!!!

GODS ON OUR SIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I hope

by Anonymousreply 519March 14, 2018 3:05 AM

[quote] That hold up on Westmoreland is looking more and more suspicious. Why did they have to transport the ballots to another place to count them?

Because Westmoreland County people are so damn dumb they need to be naked to count to 21

by Anonymousreply 520March 14, 2018 3:05 AM

Woo Hoo absentee ballots went to Lamb by a 752 vote margin.

by Anonymousreply 521March 14, 2018 3:05 AM

They can't tell whether those new votes are absteees from who knows where or those two remaining red county precincts..

by Anonymousreply 522March 14, 2018 3:06 AM

kornacki so cute

love him

by Anonymousreply 523March 14, 2018 3:06 AM

They're going to wait until the blue county reports all its absentee ballots. It's obvious. They're going to cheat.

by Anonymousreply 524March 14, 2018 3:06 AM

OMFG, I thought that Kornacki was gonna kill over just now.

WOW!!

by Anonymousreply 525March 14, 2018 3:06 AM

MARY! had a little Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 526March 14, 2018 3:07 AM

OMG!!! Yes, Lamb leading by .4% again !!!

PA, deliver for us!!

by Anonymousreply 527March 14, 2018 3:07 AM

CNN reporting 3,206 absentee ballots yet to be count from RED counties.

by Anonymousreply 528March 14, 2018 3:08 AM

Steve just said, if the result is within 0.5%, it goes to recount.

by Anonymousreply 529March 14, 2018 3:08 AM

Oh no.... R528 is right. All the blue county absentee votes are counted. The red counties are going to make sure to tip it for their man.

by Anonymousreply 530March 14, 2018 3:09 AM

R526 And either her fleece or her feets were white as snow.

by Anonymousreply 531March 14, 2018 3:09 AM

imagine how many blue votes they criminally switched to red.

if lamb wins be a miracle but will happen I hope

by Anonymousreply 532March 14, 2018 3:10 AM

Lamb! Please, oh please!

by Anonymousreply 533March 14, 2018 3:10 AM

CNN sux

MSNBC lots more energy

by Anonymousreply 534March 14, 2018 3:10 AM

I really hope lamb WINS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 535March 14, 2018 3:12 AM

Figuring out how to cheat overnight.

by Anonymousreply 536March 14, 2018 3:12 AM

Okay Kornacki is reporting those are the number of requested absentee ballots, not the number of votes to be counted. So 3206 is the number of requested absentee ballots in RED counties, not the number of ballots to be counted.

by Anonymousreply 537March 14, 2018 3:12 AM

Fox is doing an excellent job on this election. They're admitting a draw is a big win for Dems with a 20 point wave possible in 18.

by Anonymousreply 538March 14, 2018 3:12 AM

They're holding off to get the final absentee ballots from Moscow

by Anonymousreply 539March 14, 2018 3:12 AM

#Democrats💟Jesus

by Anonymousreply 540March 14, 2018 3:13 AM

Lamb up nearly 900. Saccone can't make that up w/ absentee from Washington County, which will be counted tm.

Twitter @EricBoehlert

by Anonymousreply 541March 14, 2018 3:13 AM

Nate Cohn ‏Verified account @Nate_Cohn 2m2 minutes ago

.@DecisionDeskHQ says last two Westmoreland precincts are Latrobe2 and NLigonier. Saccone could reasonably hope for net-200 there, brings race down to D+650 CNN says there are 3206 absentees outstanding in GOP counties. Saccone would need to win those by 20. He didn't on eday.

by Anonymousreply 542March 14, 2018 3:14 AM

🐑 I believe in miracles

You sexy thing !

by Anonymousreply 543March 14, 2018 3:15 AM

I would think only non-Deplorables living in Red precincts would go to the trouble of absentee.?!

by Anonymousreply 544March 14, 2018 3:15 AM

Damn, was just about to post that, r541 (based on my own math).

by Anonymousreply 545March 14, 2018 3:16 AM

Kornacki was talking with a pen in his mouth, and spit the pen out so he could speak. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 546March 14, 2018 3:16 AM

R539 and that’s the truth.

by Anonymousreply 547March 14, 2018 3:17 AM

Steve pen in mouth, busting out a cell phone calculator, swaying at the map!

by Anonymousreply 548March 14, 2018 3:17 AM

LMAO! Steve is literally losing it. Chewing the pen cap as he is speaking to the camera.

by Anonymousreply 549March 14, 2018 3:17 AM

R529, CNN also confirmed that there is not automatic recount. It has to be requested, which I'm sure it will.

by Anonymousreply 550March 14, 2018 3:18 AM

Kornacki's calculations mirror Cohn's. Consensus seems to be that Saccone needs to top 60% from the absentee ballots. As R542 points out, he's under-performing that tonight

by Anonymousreply 551March 14, 2018 3:18 AM

OMG r546 I still giggling at that

by Anonymousreply 552March 14, 2018 3:18 AM

REPUGS BURNING ABSENTEE VOTES AS WE SPEAK.

GODDESS HELP LAMB

by Anonymousreply 553March 14, 2018 3:19 AM

Nate Cohn ‏Verified account @Nate_Cohn 1m1 minute ago

The bottom line: it is not really realistic to see how Saccone ends up with a lead in the initial tabulated count. Haven't read up on recount rules, etc., or double checked for potential errors, but that's Saccone's path at this point.

by Anonymousreply 554March 14, 2018 3:19 AM

they just decided to count all the absentee ballots tonight

by Anonymousreply 555March 14, 2018 3:20 AM

in a fair election, lamb woulda won by more.

by Anonymousreply 556March 14, 2018 3:20 AM

CNN talking heads said Saccone would have to get 63-64-65% of the absentee ballots to win.

He got 54%, 57%, and 58% of the vote in the three red counties.

Absentees usually track the in-person vote.

by Anonymousreply 557March 14, 2018 3:20 AM

Those two precincts held back in Westmoreland County sounds fishy.

by Anonymousreply 558March 14, 2018 3:20 AM

Bet my tits Lamb wins.

Wheeeeee

by Anonymousreply 559March 14, 2018 3:21 AM

They are counting absentee ballots as we speak!!

by Anonymousreply 560March 14, 2018 3:21 AM

Hope Dems can undo the g damn gerrymandering

by Anonymousreply 561March 14, 2018 3:22 AM

Come on Lamb! So close!

by Anonymousreply 562March 14, 2018 3:22 AM

they said the turnout of voters on both sides was astronomical

by Anonymousreply 563March 14, 2018 3:22 AM

We’re asking the red counties to fake results for a 666 win - Kellyanne Satan Conway

by Anonymousreply 564March 14, 2018 3:22 AM

Conor Lamb leads by 0.4 percentage points, or 847 votes, over Rick Saccone with 99 percent of precincts fully reporting.

Conor Lamb 111,875 49.9%

Rick Saccone 111,028 49.5%

Drew Miller 1,351 0.6%

224,254 votes, 99% reporting (591 of 593 precincts)

by Anonymousreply 565March 14, 2018 3:22 AM

Kornacki got fat.

by Anonymousreply 566March 14, 2018 3:23 AM

r563, and I bet a number of Republicans actually went for Lamb.

by Anonymousreply 567March 14, 2018 3:23 AM

I fucking hate 3rd party candidates.

by Anonymousreply 568March 14, 2018 3:24 AM

[quote] Absentees usually track the in-person vote.

Kornacki mentioned that, in Allegheny County, Clinton won the absentee by 4% but lost the district to Trump by 4%.

I realize at this point we're all just blathering on until the absentees are counted, but this gives me hope that Lamb can hang on

by Anonymousreply 569March 14, 2018 3:24 AM

wonder what that old killjoy Mark Hellprin is doin 2nite

by Anonymousreply 570March 14, 2018 3:24 AM

This is interesting but I am sitting here imagining Kornacki doing this nude, with his cock swinging around as much as his arms. Now that would be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 571March 14, 2018 3:25 AM

[quote] Kornacki got fat

He can sit that sexy ass on my face anytime

by Anonymousreply 572March 14, 2018 3:25 AM

Is John King like really fat now, cloaked in a fancy suit?

by Anonymousreply 573March 14, 2018 3:25 AM

KornACKI CUTE AS HELL

DIGGIN HIS FINE ENERGY

by Anonymousreply 574March 14, 2018 3:25 AM

because the race is so close they are going to scan the absentee ballots and then hand count them

by Anonymousreply 575March 14, 2018 3:26 AM

haven't been this xcited since jfk won...

by Anonymousreply 576March 14, 2018 3:26 AM

Tweeted Joan Walsh: Saccone needs 63% of absentee ballots in GOP counties, he's won by less tonight. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 577March 14, 2018 3:26 AM

1,195 absentee ballots in Washinton county need to be counted and 1,808 in Westmoreland .

Latrobe in Westmoreland has the steel factories.

by Anonymousreply 578March 14, 2018 3:27 AM

[QUOTE]wonder what that old killjoy Mark Hellprin is doin 2nite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579March 14, 2018 3:27 AM

Fox saying respected analyist has predicted a Lamb win.

by Anonymousreply 580March 14, 2018 3:27 AM

Exactly, R572. I would love to have Steve Kornacki on my rim chair for a couple of hours.

by Anonymousreply 581March 14, 2018 3:28 AM

If Lamb wins, would this make Lamb the youngest congressman?

by Anonymousreply 582March 14, 2018 3:28 AM

BREAKING: Cook Political Report editor calls it for Lamb.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583March 14, 2018 3:28 AM

[quote] This is interesting but I am sitting here imagining Kornacki doing this nude, with his cock swinging around as much as his arms.

In your imagination is Kornacki cut or uncut? He was born in MA, but he is of Polish and Lithuanian descent so I can't decide

by Anonymousreply 584March 14, 2018 3:29 AM

Saccone looking into options of contesting if he doesn't win. They said there may be military absentee ballots that haven't arrived yet and it might take days before they can declare a winner

by Anonymousreply 585March 14, 2018 3:30 AM

Fake news! Sad! The Republican wins by 30 points. And I have huge hands!

by Anonymousreply 586March 14, 2018 3:30 AM

🚼 Donnie must be shitting his diapers !

by Anonymousreply 587March 14, 2018 3:31 AM

just came all over my laptop watchin kornacki

by Anonymousreply 588March 14, 2018 3:31 AM

Toss Saccone in the Roy Moore dumpster. He’s trash.

by Anonymousreply 589March 14, 2018 3:32 AM

I would think at least half of military will go for Lamb

by Anonymousreply 590March 14, 2018 3:32 AM

Loving Kornacki's sneakers

by Anonymousreply 591March 14, 2018 3:33 AM

saccone u fukin retard fat criminal

go let god kiss ur loss away....

by Anonymousreply 592March 14, 2018 3:33 AM

they just said there are still 4,000 absentee that haven't been counted in Allegheny, about 1200 in another county

by Anonymousreply 593March 14, 2018 3:33 AM

Hopefully the closeted military men vote for hottie Lamb!

by Anonymousreply 594March 14, 2018 3:34 AM

Steve now backtracking on the recount. Mentions law is about statewide races, and this is a district, so maybe the law doesn't apply. Maybe no recount.

Make up yo damn mind, Steve!

by Anonymousreply 595March 14, 2018 3:34 AM

Kornacki needs to calm down. It is not the last 400 yards of the Kentucky Derby and he has a $20,000 bet on his horse that's five feet behind the leader.

by Anonymousreply 596March 14, 2018 3:34 AM

😸 It does not appear that any DL posters are rooting for Saccone ............

by Anonymousreply 597March 14, 2018 3:34 AM

We all know that Donnie & Company are sore losers.

by Anonymousreply 598March 14, 2018 3:35 AM

We're gonna need another thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599March 14, 2018 3:35 AM

The funniest part of this whole coverage tonight still has to be when Kornacki, unable to talk, spit out his pen live on air!

by Anonymousreply 600March 14, 2018 3:36 AM

r597 Saccone announced in the beginning that He was Trump before Trump was Trump

by Anonymousreply 601March 14, 2018 3:37 AM

Lamb *is* military. He was a Marine.

by Anonymousreply 602March 14, 2018 3:37 AM

R597 it's past their bedtimes

by Anonymousreply 603March 14, 2018 3:37 AM

fox just explaining ghe recount procedure in Pennsylvania and it's pretty simple to get one. Money and lawyers basically. Does Kornacki have no one helping him? He's so frantic and badly informed.

by Anonymousreply 604March 14, 2018 3:37 AM

But Emails! Hillary! Wall, folks. Not tremendous! Bad! Sad! Where's my Vlad?

And this Lamb is a seven at best.

by Anonymousreply 605March 14, 2018 3:37 AM

Woah thread over 600?

by Anonymousreply 606March 14, 2018 3:39 AM

What's with the brace on Kornacki's left hand? Too much whack-off action?

by Anonymousreply 607March 14, 2018 3:41 AM

He had a bike accident.

by Anonymousreply 608March 14, 2018 3:43 AM

poop

by Anonymousreply 609March 14, 2018 3:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!