Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Second-Hand Embarrassment You've Suffered for Somebody Famous

Mine was when Sarah Michelle Gellar Tweeted these condolences after George Michael died: "Do you really want to hurt me? I guess you do 2016- #ripboygeorge I was truly one of your biggest fans."

I happen to know that she is very, very full of herself, so this had to be extra humiliating. I still cringe for her when I think of it.

Yours?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528March 12, 2024 3:35 PM

Agreed OP. I cringe just reading that.

by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2017 7:30 AM

[Quote] I happen to know that she is very, very full of herself, so this had to be extra humiliating. I still cringe for her when I think of it.

You know her??

by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2017 7:43 AM

I know a few people who have worked very closely with her.

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2017 7:45 AM

R3 What else did they say?? Is she nice?

by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2017 7:48 AM

I was embarrassed for Hillary when she said that stupid shit about Nancy Reagan supporting Aids research early on or whatever it was. I like Hillary and voted for her..but get with it bitch,really.

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2017 7:50 AM

When King Hussein of Jordan died almost 20 years ago some reporter asked Mariah Carey about it, and she said something along the lines of, "It's such a great loss to the game of basketball...Jordan was my good friend...etc."

by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2017 7:52 AM

Tony Danza rapping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 22, 2017 7:54 AM

[quote]When King Hussein of Jordan died almost 20 years ago some reporter asked Mariah Carey about it, and she said something along the lines of, "It's such a great loss to the game of basketball...Jordan was my good friend...etc."

I'm not defending the dumb cunt, but why the fuck would a reporter ask her that? And why the fuck would anyone want to hear her opinion?

by Anonymousreply 8December 22, 2017 8:34 AM

This

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 22, 2017 8:42 AM

Ashlee Simpson on SNL when the wrong music track played and she didn't know what to do so she did a jig

Verne Troyer who played Mini Me on The Surreal Life getting drunk and peeing in a corner and then making moaning sounds in bed

by Anonymousreply 10December 22, 2017 9:33 AM

I feel it for George Clooney, President Obama, and everybody else in this video...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 22, 2017 9:43 AM

My embarrassment for Clooney is in this one...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2017 9:48 AM

We heard you the first time, deplorable trash @R11/R12; you don't like Clooney and Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2017 11:45 AM

The Mariah Carey story didn't really happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2017 12:18 PM

[quote] Ashlee Simpson on SNL when the wrong music track played and she didn't know what to do so she did a jig

It wasn't the wrong music track, it was the wrong VOCAL track, thus proving that she was freaking lip-syncing! And then Jude Law tried to cover it up at the show close and Ashlee made it worse, lol.

What's really hilarious is that when it happened, her guitarist started laughing and had to turn away from the cameras. (He wasn't laughing at her jig, he was laughing cuz the jig was up!)

by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2017 7:21 PM

R15 what did Jude do? Never knew he hosted that infamous ep.

by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2017 7:33 PM

On behalf of all those children whose uncool parents embarrassed them by trying to be cool

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2017 7:40 PM

Oh Corey, no...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2017 8:38 PM

I suffer from second-hand embarrassment. Even though I like Larry David's show a lot I squirm watching some of those situations so I don't watch it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 19December 22, 2017 8:43 PM

Second-hand embarrassment at Ellen blubbering on national television about a dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2017 9:49 PM

r14 Thank you, cause I was with r8, like why ask Mimi that to begin with? I also am not even a Mimi fan but I felt bad for her too when she was set to go on some Vegas morning show to plug her Christmas album so her place was all decked out for Christmas but the story in Vegas was about the shooting so she looked like she Xmas-ed up to do an interview about that but she didn't.

by Anonymousreply 21December 22, 2017 9:53 PM

Rikki and the Flash.

by Anonymousreply 22December 22, 2017 9:59 PM

When Madonna performed "You Must Love Me" at the Oscar's and had apparently not realized the voice in the movie was not the one that was going to come out of her mouth. Her grand arm gestures and gown made it all the worse. Oh--and then Better Miller made fun of her on-stage a bit after her warbling, "You must love mehhhhh."

by Anonymousreply 23December 22, 2017 9:59 PM

What did Bette say?

by Anonymousreply 24December 22, 2017 10:03 PM

When Phil Collins wasn't allowed to sing his song Against All Odds as the nomination for best song,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 22, 2017 10:14 PM

you mean Against ALL the odds r25?

by Anonymousreply 26December 22, 2017 10:45 PM

R15 I love that she got busted and giggled my ass off. Her band members probably felt the same and hated her no talent ass BUT he did keep playing air guitar to the track so he isn't completely in the clear

by Anonymousreply 27December 23, 2017 12:03 AM

Why couldn't Phil sing his song, r25

by Anonymousreply 28December 23, 2017 12:33 AM

When Warren and Faye announced the incorrect Best Picture winner at this year's Oscar ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 29December 23, 2017 12:38 AM

But, OP, lucky Sarah gets Prinze cock.

by Anonymousreply 30December 23, 2017 12:42 AM

Amy Winehouse performing the rehab song right after she got out of rehab, looking like an Auschwitz survivor.

Joke was on her, at that point.

by Anonymousreply 31December 23, 2017 12:46 AM

That episode was a career killer for Ashlee, but she's set with the Ross millions now.

by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2017 12:46 AM

anyone who has been on these intertubes for a couple of years knows, we can all say really embarrassing things occasionally. I think about that whenever I see some celebrity doing or saying something stupid. we've all been there, literally, and I would hate to have some post held up as the epitome of what I am about.

by Anonymousreply 33December 23, 2017 12:51 AM

R33 turn in your DL membership card and leave the premises please, you're no fun!

by Anonymousreply 34December 23, 2017 1:18 AM

When I went to the movies and saw that one where Juliette Lewis played a retard.

by Anonymousreply 35December 23, 2017 1:30 AM

Hi Sarah Michelle at R33 !!!

by Anonymousreply 36December 23, 2017 1:55 AM

Cunty hall monitor at R33 HAS to be a dyke

by Anonymousreply 37December 23, 2017 2:12 AM

When Chelsea Handler cried on camera after Hillary lost. She was always so hard and vulgar and insulting of just about everyone on the planet. Suddenly, she had a heart? It was weird. I was very embarrassed for her.

by Anonymousreply 38December 23, 2017 2:13 AM

You didn't see the onion?

by Anonymousreply 39December 23, 2017 2:17 AM

The time Jodie Foster started reciting the lyrics to a fucking Eminem song while giving a speech at graduation ceremony. Anyone who can get through the whole vid gets a free drink on me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 23, 2017 2:17 AM

Came here to say Corey Feldman on the Today show but someone beat me to it

by Anonymousreply 41December 23, 2017 2:18 AM

The music in the vid at R11, lol.

by Anonymousreply 42December 23, 2017 2:41 AM

[quote]we can all say really embarrassing things occasionally. I think about that whenever I see some celebrity doing or saying something stupid. we've all been there, literally, and I would hate to have some post held up as the epitome of what I am about.

I get what you're saying, but I disagree. There aren't that many embarrassing moments for most celebrities, and those mentioned in this thread are mostly embarrassing because the famous person was so glib or arrogant. Not everyone is arrogant, and therefore even if any of us say something dumb, it isn't that embarrassing because, without arrogance, it's just considered a mistake and easily forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 43December 23, 2017 2:47 AM

Everything Brenda Dickson posts on her Facebook account. Crazy rants coupled with extremely poorly photoshopped pictures of herself trying to look thirteen.

by Anonymousreply 44December 23, 2017 3:08 AM

A few years ago, when Madonna posted that instagram clip with Rocco wearing orange shorts and doing a backflip in the yard, and made sure to point out that it was his preferred angle because "nosausage" made me cringe right onto the floor. Please wait a few years before trying to get me to pay attention to his sausage, I don't want to go to jail.

by Anonymousreply 45December 23, 2017 3:10 AM

Second-hand embarrassment for these people:

Rosie O'Donnell Jennifer Lawrence George Lopez Jon Stewart Chelsea Handler Stephen King Lena Dunham Al Sharpton Samuel L. Jackson Whoopi Goldberg Miley Cyrus Amy Schumer

They all said they would move out of the United States if Trump was elected, and they're all still here. Why do celebrities keep doing this? Do they not think it through before promising to do something they may never do?

by Anonymousreply 46December 23, 2017 3:11 AM

When Kathie Lee Gifford asked Martin Short how his deceased wife is doing. *horrified*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 23, 2017 3:11 AM

Oops! Sorry... Second-hand embarrassment for these people:

Rosie O'Donnell Jennifer Lawrence George Lopez Jon Stewart Chelsea Handler Stephen King Lena Dunham Al Sharpton Samuel L. Jackson Whoopi Goldberg Miley Cyrus Amy Schumer

They all said they would move out of the United States if Trump was elected, and they're all still here. Why do celebrities keep doing this? Do they not think it through before promising to do something they may never do?

by Anonymousreply 48December 23, 2017 3:12 AM

Many of these people also specifically say they'll move to Canada. Please! We don't want you here.

by Anonymousreply 49December 23, 2017 3:14 AM

r9 wins!

by Anonymousreply 50December 23, 2017 3:14 AM

"And the Oscar goes to....La La Land"

Owns this thread

by Anonymousreply 51December 23, 2017 3:17 AM

Virtually every award show acceptance speech. Even if they end up touching, moving, or funny there is that moment before that they open their mouth that I can't help but cringe. And the hosts, horrible. I loved them as a kid but of late I've taken to following the results on twitter and catching the well talked about speeches on YouTube the next day.

by Anonymousreply 52December 23, 2017 3:18 AM

r33 this is not the message board for you. Take that shit to iVillage.

by Anonymousreply 53December 23, 2017 3:19 AM

I think she struck this pose to detract from how big her head is but it backfired

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 23, 2017 3:25 AM

Yes, the Corey Feldman Today performance. Full body cringe.

by Anonymousreply 55December 23, 2017 3:27 AM

On some awards show, probably the Grammy's in the mid 70's-Andy Williams is introducing Stevie Wonder who's live via satellite from somewhere in Africa. Anyway, there are 'technical problems' and after a few minutes of silence Andy says, "Stevie if you can't hear me, can you see me?"

by Anonymousreply 56December 23, 2017 3:30 AM

I always feel second-hand embarrassment for anyone who gets played off by the orchestra during an Oscar acceptance speech. One would think that, since we've all seen it happen every year for decades, nominees would prepare to make sure that doesn't happen to them. But, no.

by Anonymousreply 57December 23, 2017 3:31 AM

"Do they not think it through before promising to do something they may never do?"

Then the Trump presidency must be a constant torture of secondhand embarrassment for you R46 (and uh, R48)?

by Anonymousreply 58December 23, 2017 3:32 AM

R47, that reminds me that Elisabeth Hasselbeck asked Stanley Tucci on The View if his wife (who had died a few months before) had seen his latest movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 23, 2017 3:36 AM

Demolitions expert Madonna announcing she was thinking of blowing up the White House. A nice change from Rapper Madonna showing the world her grill, Earth Mother Madonna and her quest to adopt African Pagan Babies, Lady Madonna and her newly acquired English accent, Rabbi Madonna lecturing on Kabbalah, Serious Actress Madonna and every time she got in front of a movie camera...

by Anonymousreply 60December 23, 2017 3:41 AM

^^^^ lol

by Anonymousreply 61December 23, 2017 3:44 AM

R46, you forgot Cher and Brian Cranston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 23, 2017 3:45 AM

Whitney on her reality show.

by Anonymousreply 63December 23, 2017 3:59 AM

Kathy Griffin's scorched-earth behavior in releasing tattle-tale videos about everyone in the industry she's worked with (and, because of these videos, never will again), not only sabotaged her own career, but it provided viewers second-hand embarrassment as she disclosed "bombshell" information that was met with great indifference from the general public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 23, 2017 3:59 AM

Demi Moore had thousands of dollars of plastic surgery and then worked out like a fiend to prepare for her stripper movie, and then she went on a press junket scantily clad to show off her new body. I've heard the movie was beyond awful. Lots of second-hand embarrassment to go around with this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 23, 2017 4:20 AM

Martin Short has class. I didn't watch this vid but when someone asked him about it, he just said that he knew Kathy had no idea his wife was dead, so he just said that his wife was fine.

I've loved him for that. Most celebrities would make the money moment all about "them" and be horrified . Martin just wanted the moment to pass and save Kathy the embarrassment

by Anonymousreply 66December 23, 2017 4:23 AM

That's sad that his wife died.

by Anonymousreply 67December 23, 2017 4:26 AM

Jlaw for being in close proximity to this and letting it fuck her.

She looks mortified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 23, 2017 4:32 AM

She happily fucked this, R68. I think any other male would be a step up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 23, 2017 4:38 AM

[quote]Mine was when Sarah Michelle Gellar Tweeted these condolences after George Michael died: "Do you really want to hurt me? I guess you do 2016- #ripboygeorge I was truly one of your biggest fans."

It was even worse when her husband's father died and she said "Did he have a pretend heart attack? That always makes me laugh"

by Anonymousreply 70December 23, 2017 4:43 AM

Oprah and that wagon of fat own this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71December 23, 2017 5:00 AM

Tova Borgnine's exposed boob on QVC...I have to say it was rather perky for being on an old broad.

by Anonymousreply 72December 23, 2017 5:07 AM

Is that really Demi Moore at R65, or is it Vera de Milo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73December 23, 2017 5:12 AM

r65 Those shoes are the worst part! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 74December 23, 2017 5:20 AM

re: R64's vid: wtf is up with Kathy Griffin? Did she have a nervous breakdown and is now "salting the earth"?

And what made her think she could pull off such a short haircut? Those only work on women who are actually [italic]pretty[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 75December 23, 2017 5:43 AM

Kate McKinnon performing Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" as Hillary Clinton after the election. No offense to anyone who was touched by this, but I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed that we could no longer lose elections without dramatizing all the feels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 23, 2017 6:02 AM

[quote]Rosie O'Donnell Jennifer Lawrence George Lopez Jon Stewart Chelsea Handler Stephen King Lena Dunham Al Sharpton Samuel L. Jackson Whoopi Goldberg Miley Cyrus Amy Schumer. They all said they would move out of the United States if Trump was elected, and they're all still here.

God damn, that's some list of misfits and losers. Fuck them for not keeping their word (well, all but Jon Stewart). If that motley crew ever got on a life boat, I'd be happy to push it out to sea.

by Anonymousreply 77December 23, 2017 6:18 AM

Ted Danson in blackface. What were he and Whoopi thinking? So much embarrassment for the stupidity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 23, 2017 6:35 AM

Had to wonder if those listed as threatening to leave the US if trump got in didn't push extra votes his way...

by Anonymousreply 79December 23, 2017 6:36 AM

Kathy Hriffith sister died of cancer recently and she shaved her head during chemo in solidarity.

I feel second hand embarrassed for you R75.

by Anonymousreply 80December 23, 2017 6:44 AM

Agree, R71.

And I also have second-hand embarrassment for Oprah wearing her jeans tucked inside those tragic boots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 23, 2017 7:00 AM

r81, that was over 30 years ago, that was fashionable at the time...

by Anonymousreply 82December 23, 2017 7:02 AM

This:

When Allison Janney won her uptheenth Emmy Award and insisted (loser) Mariska Hargitay stand on stage with her. CRINGEWORTHY!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 23, 2017 7:32 AM

Second-hand embarrassment has no statute of limitations, R82!

I would have closed my Twitter account if I was Sarah Michelle Gellar. I would have burned with embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 84December 23, 2017 7:33 AM

Good one, R83. I've never seen that. I cringed, too.

by Anonymousreply 85December 23, 2017 7:42 AM

I never watched her show, but I have second hand embarrassment at the thought of Rosie O'Donnell pretending she had a massive crush on Tom Cruise.

by Anonymousreply 86December 23, 2017 7:47 AM

When Tom Hiddleston was wearing that infamous tank top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 23, 2017 8:11 AM

"What's your favorite dish?"

"I like mugs."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 23, 2017 9:08 AM

Almost every time Elaine Stritch opened her mouth on live TV. May she Rest In Peace.

Richard Burton the most nominated Oscar loser at his last time at the ceremonies it is announced the winner is Richard .......

When Valerie Bertinelli winning a GG and acting like a blubbering fool.

Cybll Shepherd announcing the Oscar nominees accidentally on purpose mixing the names of the movies with the titles Peter Bogdanovich directed.

by Anonymousreply 89December 23, 2017 9:33 AM

When Susan Lucci thought she won that emmy.

by Anonymousreply 90December 23, 2017 10:37 AM

I felt second hand embarrassment for Wyatt Ingraham a couple of days ago. For the three people on earth who missed it, he's the son of the estranged Koch brother, and he released a line of really ugly shirts with an utterly mortifying ad campaign to go with it. It was mocked mercilessly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 23, 2017 10:45 AM

More of a schadenfreude than second hand embarrassment but Jamie Kennedy’s 2013 First Night party has it all, live F-bombs, drunken Macy Gray, puppet rape jokes, missing the turning of midnight, and ending with a fight on stage. New Years Eve is just around the corner please bring him back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 23, 2017 2:29 PM

Christan Slater's reaction at this is hilarious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 23, 2017 3:03 PM

For R86's viewing displeasure, Rosie interviews Tammy, refers to him as "My Tommy." Barf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 23, 2017 3:03 PM

[Quote] I've heard the movie was beyond awful.

It is terrible but seeing an oiled up Burt Reynolds [italic]almost[/italic] makes it worth it😄

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 23, 2017 3:07 PM

Demi Moore trying to dance "sexy" on stage at a Snoop concert with Ashton Kutcher. It looks like someone is trying to steal her purse!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 23, 2017 3:12 PM

Michael Jackson accepting a non-existent "Artist of the Millenium" award.

by Anonymousreply 97December 23, 2017 3:20 PM

When Tom Hiddleston did this awful impersonation of Robert DeNiro IN FRONT of Robert DeNiro.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 23, 2017 3:26 PM

Forward to 1:15 to see Burt Reynolds have a tantrum

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 23, 2017 3:27 PM

Billy Squier's career-destroying video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 23, 2017 3:28 PM

You guys have had it wrong this whole time, she said she wanted to CRUSH Tami Cruise, under her meaty paw, and she still does.

by Anonymousreply 101December 23, 2017 3:30 PM

Anytime TS tries to "dance".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102December 23, 2017 3:33 PM

r96 That whole fucking relationship was embarrassing, and then, to add some more insult, he immediately knocks up his new, fertile gf. What the fuck was Demi thinking? Ka-ringe.

by Anonymousreply 103December 23, 2017 3:34 PM

The r6 story about Mariah Carey is of course an urban legend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 23, 2017 3:37 PM

I suffered Second-Hand Embarrassment for Barbra Striesand's career.

by Anonymousreply 105December 23, 2017 3:40 PM

r76 i cringed so much during that performance

by Anonymousreply 106December 23, 2017 3:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 23, 2017 3:44 PM

Janet Jackson's revealed nipple. It was so inappropriate for the venue, and it was a lame attempt by a middle-aged woman to try to prove she could still be sexy and edgy. It was obviously pre-planned (or else she wouldn't have worn that creepy sunburst thing on the nipple), so Justin Timberlake's attempt later to pretend it was 'a wardrobe malfunction" was an obviously lame lie, and made the situation even worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108December 23, 2017 3:48 PM

Madonna on David Letterman, 1994. Not sure for whom I cringed more, her or him. Agony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 23, 2017 3:55 PM

Wow, R100, I'd forgotten all about that. I was a big closet case myself in the 80s and refused to even watch it..... Now that I have, I have to say, the hype at the time wasn't overblown, he made Morrisey and Boy George look butch in comparison. The weird thing is I get a straight vibe off the guy, like he was some clueless goombah who was punked by a gay video director.

by Anonymousreply 110December 23, 2017 4:00 PM

I cringed so hard my bone marrow was running out of my nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 23, 2017 4:01 PM

[Quote] It was so inappropriate for the venue

It's a nipple.

by Anonymousreply 112December 23, 2017 4:04 PM

[quote]It's a nipple.

Trouble is, the nipple was at the Super Bowl, not the Cinnamon Pony.

by Anonymousreply 113December 23, 2017 4:07 PM

It's a nipple surrounded by a weird fetishistic metal sheath.

by Anonymousreply 114December 23, 2017 4:07 PM

To this day I don’t understand why anyone would wear that weird thing on a nipple. If she knew it was going to happen a pasty would have been much better or even a bra.

by Anonymousreply 115December 23, 2017 4:13 PM

[Quote] Trouble is, the nipple was at the Super Bowl, not the Cinnamon Pony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116December 23, 2017 4:21 PM

God I fucking hate SMG. Thanks for posting her ridiculous mug here, OP.

by Anonymousreply 117December 23, 2017 4:46 PM

Meryl claims she LOVED it and LOVES the music, but I was embarrassed by her embarrassing singing ladder climb in Mamma Mia.

by Anonymousreply 118December 23, 2017 5:01 PM

[quote]Virtually every award show acceptance speech. Even if they end up touching, moving, or funny there is that moment before that they open their mouth that I can't help but cringe. And the hosts, horrible. I loved them as a kid but of late I've taken to following the results on twitter and catching the well talked about speeches on YouTube the next day.

This is the reason I rarely watch any awards shows live. I'm waiting for something embarrassing to happen and it destroys everything. It's totally silly but I just can't help it. As a kid I used to be *the stah* of almost every school play until I embarrassed myself totally on stage on two different occasions. The wounds never healed.

[quote]Kathy Griffin's scorched-earth behavior in releasing tattle-tale videos about everyone in the industry she's worked with (and, because of these videos, never will again), not only sabotaged her own career, but it provided viewers second-hand embarrassment as she disclosed "bombshell" information that was met with great indifference from the general public.

Kathy is on world tour right now and is apparently doing quite well. Her career is not destroyed at all.

[quote] Jlaw for being in close proximity to this and letting it fuck her.

Geez, Darren Aronofsky is sex on a stick. One of the sexiest directors in Hollywood. His bratwurst would be in my throat before hellos.

by Anonymousreply 119December 23, 2017 5:11 PM

Justin Trudeau has just too many to mention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 23, 2017 5:11 PM

Madonna's golden moment:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 23, 2017 5:15 PM

AnnE:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 23, 2017 5:15 PM

Jimmy Fallon's entire existence.

by Anonymousreply 123December 23, 2017 5:16 PM

R122 yikes!

by Anonymousreply 124December 23, 2017 5:30 PM

Sean Young and all that career ruining catwoman shit.

by Anonymousreply 125December 23, 2017 5:36 PM

I know Halle Berry's Oscar win is supposed to be a pivotal moment, but her shrieking and thanking lawyers and shit was just cringey. She truly showed her true self when she won that award. I can't even watch it again.

by Anonymousreply 126December 23, 2017 5:37 PM

ADELE DAZEEM!!

by Anonymousreply 127December 23, 2017 5:37 PM

r127 wins. But it's so funny. And let's face it, Idina Menzel became even more famous thanks that and Frozen so it was really a win-win for her.

by Anonymousreply 128December 23, 2017 5:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 23, 2017 5:43 PM

Holy shit! I've never seen that Hilary video before. I can't stop laughing. What were they thinking. Also, is it just me or did she look a little bit like Rebecca De Mornay in some of those bits?

by Anonymousreply 130December 23, 2017 5:50 PM

I liked when Nikki Blonsky tweeted a bunch of celebrities but had to remind them who she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 23, 2017 5:57 PM

R131 I forgot about that lol. I can't decide if it's better or worse than when she kissed Zac and he wipes his mouth after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132December 23, 2017 6:06 PM

The Christina Hendricks full-figured interview. You really have to watch it. The camera angle shows that Hendricks' circumference is twice that of the interviewers'.

by Anonymousreply 133December 23, 2017 6:07 PM

R112 for a while there when AnnE was at the height of her fame, and was everywhere, I had to turn the Tv off whenever she was interviewed. On Ellen she tried to be funny (she wasn't) on Chelsea Lately she tried to be cool (she wasn't) on award shows she tried to be earnest and deep (she wasn't). All of it was excruciating.

by Anonymousreply 134December 23, 2017 6:28 PM

^^^ sorry that was meant for r122

by Anonymousreply 135December 23, 2017 6:30 PM

[quote][R131] I forgot about that lol. I can't decide if it's better or worse than when she kissed Zac and he wipes his mouth after.

R132, I'd imagine he was wiping off the lipstick. Not sure if Nikki had it more on than Zac but still.

by Anonymousreply 136December 23, 2017 6:32 PM

R100 I've never heard of Billy Squier but he dances like my 13yr old sister was that time I opened her bedroom door without knocking and found her prancing around to George Michael exactly like that.

by Anonymousreply 137December 23, 2017 6:36 PM

R96 the entire marriage was Demi trying to prove she was still hot enough for her child groom Ashton. Tweets of her posing in her bathroom dressed in a skimpy bikini like a high school cheerleader trying to impress her boyfriend were utterly embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 138December 23, 2017 7:15 PM

Ann Coulter shutting down Raven Symone...around 6:00.

Hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 23, 2017 7:30 PM

Yeah. I know I should hate her but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart, a tiny one, for Ann for that segment.

by Anonymousreply 140December 23, 2017 7:35 PM

Ooh... Ann was like a lumberjack there.

by Anonymousreply 141December 23, 2017 8:47 PM

Sally Kirkland doing the red carpet with barbecue sauce around her mouth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142December 23, 2017 9:20 PM

no fucking way r142! What red carpet was that? She also has last week's breakfast stuck in her teeth. I can't believe no one told her. Time is such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 143December 23, 2017 9:22 PM

Gloria Huddle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 23, 2017 9:42 PM

"Turkey time" in the horrid GIGLI.

This makes me sick just to think of it. I'm not second-handing any embarrassment, because these two shits deserved it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 23, 2017 9:56 PM

I died inside for Suzanne Sugarbaker's most embarrassing moment in her life.

When her sister, Julia, mooned Atlanta from a charity fashion show runway.

But then you all know all about it. Dontcha?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146December 23, 2017 10:02 PM

Drew Barrymore flashing David letterman in 1995 ick!

by Anonymousreply 147December 23, 2017 10:56 PM

r142, wins...god how embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 148December 23, 2017 11:14 PM

So many ones I've never seen before in this thread. I'm cringing now.

My offering: Lorde performing live, *clearly* putting on some quirky artiste facade that makes her look like she's being exorcised.

by Anonymousreply 149December 23, 2017 11:39 PM

Damn, r142, that is awful.

by Anonymousreply 150December 24, 2017 1:48 AM

R142 looks like one of those elderly people shuffling around in the Alzheimer's ward of an old folks home.

by Anonymousreply 151December 24, 2017 2:26 AM

Diana Ross performing "Mr Lee" RCA did not position her well as an artist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 24, 2017 2:31 AM

R151 = Sally Kirkland, too old to know she's attacking one of her younger fans.

Sally never quite mastered English, either, and overworked her tired ageist mumbling to try to cover her emerging dementia?

Too many polysyllables for you, cunt?

by Anonymousreply 153December 24, 2017 2:32 AM

This.

But I'd call it fifth-hand embarrassment because I've had it described to me by somebody who heard about the thing from someone who knew someone who actually saw part of the preview before leaving the theater in disgust and, yes, profound embarrassment.

Perhaps some of you have have heard of it.

I mean her.

Him.

Whatever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 24, 2017 2:39 AM

Sal Mineo when he played an Indian in that movie who only grunted and screamed.

by Anonymousreply 155December 24, 2017 2:43 AM

Every time celebrities gives their new baby a ridiculous baby name, Im embarrassed they're so desperate to pull focus away from their own newborn they're prepared to give the baby a ridiculous name for life to temporarily ensure everyone is talking about THEIR choice in baby name.

by Anonymousreply 156December 24, 2017 2:48 AM

Second-hand embarrassment for each member of Oprah's studio audience when they were told they were receiving a gift from Oprah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 24, 2017 3:30 AM

R97 to be fair that was idiotic on MTV's part, they gave him an award... for his birthday. That makes no damn sense. And the speech Britney Spears read off the teleprompter was misleading, calling him the "Artist of the Millennium" . I wouldn't be surprised if MTV did that to make MJ and Britney look foolish on purpose for a water-cooler moment.

by Anonymousreply 158December 24, 2017 4:22 AM

The entire cast of Sex and the City 2.

Actually, no. They read the script. They should have known better.

by Anonymousreply 159December 24, 2017 4:40 AM

I was embarrassed for Ben Affleck when he was photographed with that enormous back tattoo of a phoenix.

Then Jen Garner went to Vanity Fair and said "bless his heart" about it.

Then Ben did a promo tour and said that the tattoo was "fake for a movie," making Garner look stupid in the process.

Both looked incredibly foolish for all of that.

by Anonymousreply 160December 24, 2017 4:53 AM

R160 According to some reports, the tattoo is actually real and Ben lied to save face after both Jennifers (Lopez and Garner) roasted him for it. He said it was for a role, but apparently it doesn't appear at all in the movie he was shooting at the time. It makes sense that it would be real, think about it (drugs/alcohol + pending divorce + midlife crisis = shitty full size "inspirational" tat).

If it turns out to be real, then that's going to be a serious cringe moment for Ben. Odd thing to try to deny, but everyone knows he's a notorious mess.

by Anonymousreply 161December 24, 2017 6:15 AM

barbara walters anything any where any time

the view to you always sucked babs

by Anonymousreply 162December 24, 2017 7:31 AM

Agree with the posts upthread about acceptance speeches. And, although I know she's well liked on DL, Sally Field's "you like me" speech is extremely cringe-worthy and, yes, I suffer second-hand embarrassment thinking of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163December 24, 2017 7:38 AM

This

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164December 24, 2017 7:43 AM

R158 MTV simply wanted Jackson to appear. His people insisted that he be called "Artist of the Millennium." So drugged out Jacko gets on stage, takes a decoration off the cake as if it was an award, and says he got "Artist of the Millennium." He was a fucking train wreck.

by Anonymousreply 165December 24, 2017 7:47 AM

Arsenio Hall took over hosting duties on The Late Show after Joan Rivers was fired. After seeing the ratings boost Howard Stern would bring to Letterman, they booked him.

Howard Stern was very contentious with Hall. Joan's husband had killed himself a couple of weeks prior. Howard actually said LIVE on air "Fox was responsible for Edgar Rosenberg's death" Arsenio's face dropped. I was MORTIFIED. Not sure if I was embarrassed for Hall or Stern, but I had to change the channel. It was that bad.

by Anonymousreply 166December 24, 2017 7:50 AM

Last NYE's Mariah lipsynch fiasco should make the list.

by Anonymousreply 167December 24, 2017 8:48 AM

Especially the man in the red dress, r157.

by Anonymousreply 168December 24, 2017 9:47 AM

I get the feeling Kim Cattrall is constantly rolling her eyes and grimacing at SJewParker's attempts to squeeze every last drop of blood from the rock that is SEX AND THE CITY.

by Anonymousreply 169December 24, 2017 10:07 AM

"Glaaaadddiiiaattoooorrrrrr!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170December 24, 2017 10:13 AM

Diane Sawyer absolutely sloshed at Obama's Inauguration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171December 24, 2017 10:18 AM

Dixie Carter's workout video. Jump to the 4:30 mark, where she shows how to release your inner "lion"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172December 24, 2017 10:26 AM

David Letterman's only hosting of the Oscars can be broken down to this segment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 24, 2017 10:49 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 24, 2017 2:22 PM

I enjoyed the Letterman Oscars very much.

by Anonymousreply 175December 24, 2017 2:53 PM

NPH as the Oscar host. Especially the bit he did shirtless. I've understood he's done great job hosting Tony Awards and such but the Oscars was such a misstep for him. Like it was for James Franco as well.

by Anonymousreply 176December 24, 2017 4:24 PM

Can't believe no one's mentioned Britney at the 2007 VMAs yet. There was prime watch-with-your-hands-almost-blocking-your-eyes viewing. So bad, yet so good too; though mostly just surreal.

by Anonymousreply 177December 24, 2017 4:34 PM

Nobody mentioned Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch or that awful Rob Lowe performance at the Academy Awards.

by Anonymousreply 178December 24, 2017 5:00 PM

All the closeted male celebrities with their beards and statements like, "I'm married to my work." If you're straight and rich and famous women come to you and you have no problem fitting them into your schedule.

by Anonymousreply 179December 24, 2017 5:16 PM

[Quote] Like it was for James Franco as well.

I felt bad for AnnE, even though she was being way too ott. Would it have killed Franco to put a [italic]little[/italic] effort into hosting?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180December 24, 2017 8:20 PM

When Tom Hiddleston pretended to be a dinosaur ( featuring christian closet case Zachary Levi).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 24, 2017 9:23 PM

I'll see yours, R164, and raise you this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182December 25, 2017 2:44 AM

R181. Jesus. For a short period, it was like every move he made was cringe, and he singlehandedly sunk his whole career as a result (arguably). Celebrity impressions, dancing on talk shows, cheesy S & M-themed photoshoots, the GG acceptance award, giving fans piggyback rides, let's not even get into the TS fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 183December 25, 2017 2:59 AM

When Charlie Sheen was using Tiger Blood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184December 25, 2017 3:17 AM

Has Charlie Sheen ever admitted the truth about why he was so crazy that time? Was it a breakdown, or drugs?

by Anonymousreply 185December 25, 2017 5:59 AM

James corden and Sean Spicer at the golden globes. About 75% of SJPs acting in Satc.

by Anonymousreply 186December 25, 2017 6:44 AM

Bert Parks no longer hosted Miss America Gary Collins did the job. There was some kind of anniversary and many past winners were walking the runway. Parks was announcing the names and it was messed up big time. Later Parks was rambling on stage Collins told him to get off the stage in a very hatful way.

by Anonymousreply 187December 25, 2017 6:56 AM

r172... in certain parts o that (stupid) video CD really resembles Faye D as Joan Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 188December 25, 2017 7:03 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189December 25, 2017 8:35 PM

That's hilarious r189.

Not a fan of taylor, but surely she can do better than guys like him and mayer. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 190December 26, 2017 12:11 AM

Anybody who had the misfortune of being interviewed by one of Sacharrine Baron Cohen's alter egos, Borat, Ali G and all the rest.

Most of them deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 191December 26, 2017 12:31 AM

R184 Charlie Sheen said some memorable stuff. Inspired a great parody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192December 26, 2017 12:37 AM

It was the AIDS, dear. Where the fuck have you been, R185?

by Anonymousreply 193December 26, 2017 1:04 AM

This bitch...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194December 26, 2017 2:54 AM

Po' Patti!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 26, 2017 3:05 AM

I cringed for Jennifer Grey and her delivery of, “Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, of what I did, of who I am. And most of all, I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” 🤮

by Anonymousreply 196December 26, 2017 3:29 AM

Gwyneth Paltrow's acceptance speech when she won the Best Actress Oscar for Shakespeare in Love.

by Anonymousreply 197December 26, 2017 4:07 AM

R185 It was probably both.

R186 Carrie did have some pretty cringeworthy lines.

R196 There's a few of them. Like when she yells out Johnny's name. I think it's during this scene.....?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 26, 2017 4:45 AM

I cringed for poor Katie Holmes when Tom Cruise was courting her and then they were married, and it was obvious he was using her as a prop to convince everyone he was heterosexual.

The couch-jumping on Oprah is what everyone remembers, but the most humiliating moment for Holmes was actually when Cruise produced the ultrasound images of the fetus to prove she was really pregnant.

I felt no embarrassment for him, because he did all this to himself because of his insane ego. But I think she didn't know what she had bargained for when she accepted his proposal, and her life thereafter was a total humiliation until she left him.

by Anonymousreply 199December 26, 2017 4:48 AM

If you passionately kiss your brother in public, I'm going to suffer embarrassment for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 26, 2017 8:03 AM

...each time you do it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201December 26, 2017 8:03 AM

(Still embarrassed for you.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 26, 2017 8:04 AM

Still blushing for you...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203December 26, 2017 8:07 AM

Tom Hiddleston or whatever his name is' entire existence is ridiculous and cringeworthy.

by Anonymousreply 204December 26, 2017 8:21 AM

Even before gwyneth gave her oscar speech i felt awful for her. She'd tried SO HARD to look like a young grace kelly but was so ridiculously thin she looked like a sickly little girl playing dress up. Her hair, the necklace, the color of the dress...ugh

by Anonymousreply 205December 26, 2017 9:43 AM

R204 I hear you. But, he was actually cool playing opposite Tilda Swinton in one of the best vampire movies: Only Lovers Left Alive.

by Anonymousreply 206December 27, 2017 4:22 AM

I wonder what her kids think of those pics R200

by Anonymousreply 207December 27, 2017 7:25 AM

The fact that 9/11 occurred shortly after this interview helped us all forget :

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208December 27, 2017 9:20 AM

I feel pretty bad for the horse here

Even the female fail readers are in uproar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209December 27, 2017 11:11 AM

I’m embarrassed by Timothée Chalamet’s response to Armie’s wife’s birthday greetings on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 210December 27, 2017 11:28 AM

[Quote] It's not bad to wear a promise ring 'cuz not everybody, guy or a girl, wants to be a slut, OK?

She made an ass of herself with this comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 27, 2017 11:51 AM

The donut thing with that pop star

by Anonymousreply 212December 27, 2017 11:58 AM

Who are they r211?

What donut thing r212?

by Anonymousreply 213December 27, 2017 12:00 PM

R213 Jordin Sparks and John Legend

by Anonymousreply 214December 27, 2017 12:02 PM

R212 is talking about Ariana Grande.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215December 27, 2017 12:05 PM

Anything Lens Dunham has ever done. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 216December 27, 2017 12:17 PM

Everytime Woody Allen gets mentioned in the media and Mia and Ronan Farrow try to make it all about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 217December 27, 2017 6:58 PM

"I love you, Diane!!!"

by Anonymousreply 218December 28, 2017 4:11 AM

Valerie Bertinelli making her *splash* in the media after losing weight, writing a book and posing for so many photos, only to gain it all back a couple of years later. When will she, Oprah and Kirstie Ally learn?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219December 28, 2017 5:06 AM

Here's the after picture. (Valerie seems like a very nice person, but she should have protected herself from embarrassment by not broadcasting her OMG!!! weight loss.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220December 28, 2017 5:09 AM

Huh? Is he talking to me? Isn't he gay?

by Anonymousreply 221December 28, 2017 5:11 AM

No, you ninnies at r221, he's talking to Dianne Drier, I know all about her, he mentioned her to me one day at my salon when he was getting a haircut.

by Anonymousreply 222December 28, 2017 6:01 AM

I suffer second-hand embarrassment when Ellen dances. I don't watch her show, but I've seen the video clips. It's too "cute" and therefore uncomfortable to watch. And my embarrassment extends to anyone who dances with her and, yes, that includes Barack Obama and Michelle Obama. None of the dancing has that "awwww" effect on me, like it does everyone else; only second-hand embarrassment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223December 28, 2017 8:06 AM

Ellen seems like she's trying to be someone she's not most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 224December 28, 2017 10:39 PM

In private she's a fucking raging cunt.

by Anonymousreply 225December 28, 2017 11:01 PM

God Bless Eric Braeden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226December 28, 2017 11:05 PM

Their are so many Paula Abdul American Idol drunk, or being interviewed drunk, it's hard to find the most cringe worthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227December 28, 2017 11:49 PM

Drunk Diane Sawyer on election night, 2012. I'm not too embarrassed for her because I don't give a shit about news anchors, but yeah, a bit of second-hand embarrassment to be had for any viewer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228December 29, 2017 4:53 AM

Reese's dui

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229December 29, 2017 8:50 AM

R229 yeah I'm surprised she came back after that.

by Anonymousreply 230December 29, 2017 11:42 AM

Whoopi Goldberg said in one TV interview that she lost her 1985 Oscar to Geraldine FITZGERALD! And on one other occasion on The View she couldn't even remember Geraldine Page's name so her co-hosts had to fill her in. How stupid can you get?!

by Anonymousreply 231December 29, 2017 12:36 PM

Belinda Carlisle's hilarious Playboy spread. The photos were photoshopped so horribly they looked like oil paintings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232December 29, 2017 12:40 PM

Fun fact for those who watched the R59 clip: In 2012, Stanley Tucci married Emily Blunt's older sister, Felicity. They have a son, born in 2015.

by Anonymousreply 233December 29, 2017 1:10 PM

Mike Wallace making Barbra cry in that infamous 60 minutes interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 29, 2017 1:16 PM

Meghan Markle for being caught in this lie about her family situation. She obviously led Prince Harry to believe that she was some sort of orphan Annie when the truth was very different. What else has she lied to him about? He'd better think long and hard about this.

by Anonymousreply 235December 29, 2017 9:11 PM

Fat be it for me to defend the royals or wanna be royals r235 who are all utterly unnecessary in this day and age, but how do you know Markle lied? She probably gave him her version of events, which doesn’t match her sister’s version, it doesn’t mean she lied though. Her whole history would have been thoroughly checked out by the Queen’s people. There is no way the intend to be surprised by any revelations in the media. They knew who she was before he ever put the ring on her finger.

by Anonymousreply 236December 29, 2017 9:46 PM

I agree r236, I give not a rat's ass about this and have no dog in this race but it seems to me that they just remember things differently.

by Anonymousreply 237December 29, 2017 9:49 PM

r232 she looks like an animation. Now THAT is embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 238December 29, 2017 9:50 PM

she sharted!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239December 29, 2017 10:04 PM

R232 what year year was that taken? HORRIBLE photoshopping she looks like the head was just attached to the body.

by Anonymousreply 240December 29, 2017 10:10 PM

Long-time entertainment reporter for LA local station KTLA-5 Sam Rubin confuses Samuel L Jackson and Laurence Fishburne:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241December 29, 2017 10:21 PM

this she looks like a black peter dinklage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242December 29, 2017 10:33 PM

Liza. H. O. M. E. S. H. O. P. P. I. N. G. N. E. T. W. O. R. K.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243December 29, 2017 10:34 PM

meryl singing again: besides the whole song being cringey the part at 1:23 ish...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244December 29, 2017 11:16 PM

Markle literally spent last Thanksgiving with her brother and his extended family. She even posted about it on IG. It's obvious that she lied.

by Anonymousreply 245December 29, 2017 11:28 PM

richard simmons prancing and then getting his achilles tendon ran over. did this make his knee bad?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 29, 2017 11:42 PM

Love her and miss her, but this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247December 29, 2017 11:45 PM

kirstie alley on oprah with a pantyhose seam pulled up to her titts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248December 29, 2017 11:53 PM

Andy Williams on a live Grammy telecast, mid-70s. He was on the awards show end of a live remote where Stevie Wonder was on the other end. There were major transmission problems with the sound and who knows what else. It was not going as planned. Finally Andy said "Well Stevie, if you can't hear us, can you at least see us?"

by Anonymousreply 249December 30, 2017 1:18 AM

I remember. I believe that was the last time Williams hosted.

by Anonymousreply 250December 30, 2017 1:25 AM

R245 Markles life is an open book now. Her entire life, finances, and family history would have been thoroughly investigated a long time ago. If you, an anonymous poster on DL, knows where she spent thanksgiving then sure as shit so does Harry. She couldn’t lie even if she wanted to. Maybe she just doesn’t click with some of her family and has distanced herself. Hardly the big conspiracy you’re making it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 251December 30, 2017 1:26 AM

Oprah, why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252December 30, 2017 4:23 AM

When Wynonna Judd used to appear on Larry King Live and would spew forth platitude after platitude, quote after quote of positive thinking, 12-step program slogans, and inspirational quotes the entire hour. Larry couldn't get a word in edgewise, and it was clear that Wynonna was very unstable, no matter how much she claimed otherwise. I kind of felt sorry for her, but I was mostly uncomfortable and very embarrassed on her behalf.

by Anonymousreply 253December 30, 2017 4:39 AM

Oh that actually sounds great r253, I mean if he had been able to talk he would have just blurted out weird non sequiturs anyhow, am I right?

by Anonymousreply 254December 30, 2017 4:41 AM

That's true, R254, and I guess I should have at least given Wynonna credit for ignoring Larry and just continuing to talk!

by Anonymousreply 255December 30, 2017 4:44 AM

Larry King interviewed Judy Tenuta, who stayed in her Love Giddess persona the entire time and gave ridiculous answers to all of his questions.

by Anonymousreply 256December 30, 2017 4:56 AM

That batshit asswipe Trump thinks I'm still a major, contemporary figure in the African-American community - WAH-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

by Anonymousreply 257December 30, 2017 5:09 AM

Thanks r242 but she looks more like some kind of manic bat/vampire hybrid than dinklage

by Anonymousreply 258December 30, 2017 6:10 AM

R70, SMG has been married to Freddie Prinze, Jr. since 2000. Her father in law died about 40 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 259December 30, 2017 6:21 AM

[italic]Put you're manners back in[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 30, 2017 9:35 AM

[italic]you're glib[/italic]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261December 30, 2017 9:37 AM

When Rose Marie pretended to cry after hearing Mary Tyler Moore dead, and through the tears you could hear her 'snort's of laughter.

by Anonymousreply 262December 30, 2017 11:03 AM

I have second hand embarrassment for the USA every time I see trump, especially when compared to other national leaders like Merkel, Macron, Trudeau. Even with the sound turned down, his appearance and gestures are embarrassing. His gestures are also quite camp.

by Anonymousreply 263December 30, 2017 1:02 PM

Really r263? I feel that same way when I look at Trudeau wearing fucking hijabs and pink caftans in endless, pandering photo ops.

by Anonymousreply 264December 30, 2017 5:59 PM

Speaking of Wynonna. Oh lord the Oprah episode that also had her crazy mother and sister on. They did nothing but do everything the could to make Wynonna cry. Oprah just went with it. It ended with this. A great performance but all the fake tears. Oh my.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 30, 2017 6:04 PM

Yes really R264. Trudeau in a playboy bunny costume wouldn't be in the same embarrassment ballpark of trump's moronic senseless ravings and weird gesticulations.

by Anonymousreply 266December 30, 2017 10:57 PM

You are turning me on R266. That ass, and a fluffy tail....

by Anonymousreply 267December 30, 2017 11:01 PM

Trudeau could literally don a tutu whilst singing Hey-Ya and he would come close to being as embarrassing as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 268December 30, 2017 11:03 PM

*wouldn't

by Anonymousreply 269December 30, 2017 11:04 PM

Yeah, R265. Wow. Wynonna and her mother and sister are far too enmeshed in their adult lives. Imagine crying while singing about love and thinking about Mom and not some guy (or gal). Wynonna is talented, but provides much fodder for second-hand embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 270December 31, 2017 4:16 AM

^ And I agree that the second-hand embarrassment was for everyone shedding tears in that video, including Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 271December 31, 2017 4:19 AM

The best thing about the Wynonna Oprah show was Oprah saw that train wreck coming from a mile away and didn't yell for anyone to get off the track. It was fabulous TV. "I'm sorry Wynonna I'm really not sure who your father is".

by Anonymousreply 272December 31, 2017 4:37 AM

This jackass, i.e., a pompous, self-righteous journalist showing himself to be so caring and loving, oh-so-humanitarian on camera, yet angry and full of rage, oh-so-abusive to his underlings off camera. Typical leftist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273January 3, 2018 3:52 AM

Lanky, navy hooded eyes,frizzy red clowned hair Nic olé A Kidman as Grace Kelly. Cringeroo!

by Anonymousreply 274January 3, 2018 5:04 AM

I felt second-hand embarrassment for George Stephanopoulos' wife whenever I was unfortunate enough to see her show up on a talkshow. Alley- something is her name. And, no, I'm not going to google it. She was whacky and just awful.

by Anonymousreply 275January 3, 2018 8:27 AM

Cringey or not Ali wentworth triumphed when she had magnificent surgery on her under eye bags. Seriously it was an amazing transformation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 3, 2018 10:27 AM

I remember feeling very embarrassed for Pee Wee Herman after his arrest. Maybe nowadays it wouldn't be as big a deal, but it was back then, and I really cringed for the guy.

by Anonymousreply 277January 4, 2018 4:33 AM

This.....I couldn't even watch the whole thing. (Sorry if it's already been posted)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278January 4, 2018 5:45 AM

Thnx r278... just the pic of him at the link gave me the best laugh I've had all day

by Anonymousreply 279January 4, 2018 8:59 AM

Feldman has meth mouth for days

by Anonymousreply 280January 4, 2018 9:44 AM

(I just saw this again last night on TV...) In the first Sex and the City movie, I felt very embarrassed for SJP, Chris Noth and Kristen Davis in the scene when Carrie beats the shit out of Big in his limousine with the bouquet of flowers, and then falls into Charlotte's arms while Charlotte looks at Big with a scary rage-filled expression (but bad acting). The awful green feather in her hair, the bad botox on both actresses, Big's really bad acting (in that scene)... it's just so bad and I suffered second-hand embarrassment watching it. The movies are just awful, but this scene is particularly embarrassing for this viewer (and I assume millions more). (And I really liked the HBO series, and thought they were all good actors. What happened?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281January 5, 2018 7:43 AM

R281 I thought Kristin was pretty good in that scene. I was more embarrassed for the cast when they did the sequel.

by Anonymousreply 282January 5, 2018 2:12 PM

It's hard to pick the time I've felt the most second-hand embarrassment for Ben Barnes, but I'm going with

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283January 5, 2018 2:21 PM

The delectable Ari Melber of MSNBC recently mispronounced "Seychelles" while reporting on Trump–Russia, and he fucked it up so badly that I was like, "No, baby, no."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284January 5, 2018 2:26 PM

Megan Kelly dancing for ratings. Plenty of second-hand embarrassment to go around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285January 6, 2018 7:44 AM

When Julia Roberts stood in that bookshop in front Hugh Grant and said (paraphrasing) ‘I’m just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her’ I was mortified that anyone had to utter that line. The only good part was the 40 something woman in front of me who said out loud “oh fucking spare me” and the young woman a few seats down who looked at her friend and pretended to barf.

by Anonymousreply 286January 6, 2018 9:04 AM

The baby-eating speech from Snowpiercer (skip to 1:00). That whole scene, and Chris Evan's delivery, was cringe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287January 6, 2018 9:13 AM

[Quote] The only good part was the 40 something woman in front of me who said out loud “oh fucking spare me” and the young woman a few seats down who looked at her friend and pretended to barf.

Your audience sounded like fun.

by Anonymousreply 288January 6, 2018 2:43 PM

When Barbra Streisand "quoted Shakespeare" during a 2002 Democratic fundraising event to introduce her performance of Irving Berlin's God Bless America.. But the quote wasn't from Shakespeare, but an internet hoax. And I can imagine Barbra saying it as if she had long known the quote by heart:

"You know, really good artists have a way of being relevant in their time… but great artists are relevant at anytime. So, in the words William Shakespeare,

'Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword. It both emboldens the blood, just as it narrows the mind…And when the drums of war have reached a fever pitch and the blood boils with hate and the mind has closed, the leader will have no need in seizing the rights of the citizenry. Rather, the citizenry, infused with fear and blinded with patriotism, will offer up all of their rights unto the leader, and gladly so. How do I know? For this is what I have done. And I am Caesar.'

Imagine that was written over 400 years ago… It's amazing how history without consciousness is destined to repeat itself. So…from the words of William Shakespeare to the words of Irving Berlin…"

by Anonymousreply 289January 11, 2018 7:38 AM

Did you know it’s possible to literally die from second-hand embarassment? It happened to me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290January 11, 2018 10:34 AM

[quote] Belinda Carlisle's hilarious Playboy spread. The photos were photoshopped so horribly they looked like oil paintings.

If her son wasn't already gay, that would have done it. It reminded me why I prefer the company of men.

by Anonymousreply 291January 11, 2018 11:26 AM

So many Hillary supporters on election night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292January 11, 2018 11:30 AM

I remember being in line at the Apple Store behind Joyce Bulifant. At one point she turned to me and asked me to hold her purse while she went to the restroom. Okay, odd, I thought. Well, as you can imagine, she was gone for a long 20 minutes. During which time a stench was emanating from said purse. Plus, the fact that it was at least 90 degrees did not help. The smell became nauseating and created much embarrassment for me, as everyone was throwing me daggers! Reluctantly I slowly opened the purse Joyce had handed me as it seemed the odor came from within. Indeed I had been punked into holding this shit-bag. The legend of la Bulifant's shit purse had claimed me as her latest victim. I threw it away immediately and hung my head low as I left the line. Sadly the iPhone 3 was not to be mine that day.

by Anonymousreply 293January 11, 2018 11:56 AM

Just now. For R293

by Anonymousreply 294January 11, 2018 11:59 AM

R293 = Georgia Engel

by Anonymousreply 295January 11, 2018 12:08 PM

Speaking of it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296January 11, 2018 1:11 PM

That pretentious Streisand speech at R289 was in reference to George W. Bush starting the Iraq war. Yet Streisand is a staunch supporter of Hillary, someone who voted to go into Iraq. So, yeah.

by Anonymousreply 297January 11, 2018 6:51 PM

R292, the subject of the thread involves famous people, not candidate supporters.

Poo Shoes R293, why do you have to come into perfectly wonderful threads and try to ruin them?

by Anonymousreply 298January 11, 2018 6:55 PM

"I can't breath"

by Anonymousreply 299January 11, 2018 7:01 PM

r299 You mean Osborne.

by Anonymousreply 300January 11, 2018 7:12 PM

No I don't. She said it when Winehouse died. That's why Osborne's line is in quotes.

by Anonymousreply 301January 11, 2018 7:22 PM

Osborne said it, so her name should be in the signature.

by Anonymousreply 302January 11, 2018 7:38 PM

Agree to disagree!

by Anonymousreply 303January 11, 2018 7:43 PM

R9 Ewwwwwwww.

by Anonymousreply 304January 11, 2018 7:44 PM

When the cameras zoomed in on Faith Hill's snarling face when Carrie Underwood won whatever country award Faith was certain SHE would win and screamed WTF? That actually made me shiver with pleasure/cringe.

by Anonymousreply 305January 11, 2018 8:06 PM

R88 That made my January.

by Anonymousreply 306January 11, 2018 8:07 PM

[quote]"I can't breath"

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 307January 11, 2018 8:52 PM

r3017 I can't breath is on purpose, that's what the moronic Kelly Osborne said when Amy Winehouse died, something like, "I'm crying so hard I can't even breath right now!" That's why it's so goddamned cringe-y.

by Anonymousreply 308January 11, 2018 10:16 PM

When that colored boy came up during Taylor Swift's award.

by Anonymousreply 309January 12, 2018 1:17 AM

I was just driving and suffered second-hand embarrassment for Oprah. A radio station was playing an interview she had with Ellen, I guess today, and Oprah was walking around looking at the devastation of the mudslides in her Montecito neighborhood. Mind you, 17 people are now confirmed dead and many more are still missing. Oprah was upbeat and excited, and she introduced some firemen she saw along the way as she was checking out her property damage. She told Ellen, "I said to them, 'Can you BELIEVE IT !!! I'm about to be interviewed by Ellen !!!" And she laughed and laughed. These men were part of a search and rescue crew that was searching for bodies among the mud and debris. And there's Oprah being Oprah, all hyper and self-centered. I felt angry, but I also cringed in disbelief. I felt embarrassed for Oprah because it seemed like she just didn't get it, but was animated and excited to be back on television, this time with [italics]Ellen's[/italics] hyperactive studio audience. At least Ellen tried to draw the conversation back to the very serious subject of lives lost and homes destroyed..

by Anonymousreply 310January 12, 2018 3:00 AM

This was mortifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 311January 12, 2018 3:06 AM

r311, what the hell is that? context?

by Anonymousreply 312January 12, 2018 3:08 AM

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313January 12, 2018 3:14 AM

Pretty much anything Lens Dunham tweets, says, does, or creates.

by Anonymousreply 314January 12, 2018 10:52 AM

When Tara Reid said she wasn't a "rock" scientist.

by Anonymousreply 315January 12, 2018 8:42 PM

I'm embarrassed for Norway... getting dragged into President Shithole's verbal shit.

by Anonymousreply 316January 12, 2018 10:47 PM

Kelsey Grammar falling off a stage mid-sentence. That had to hurt, of course, but it must have been quite embarrassing for him and, therefore, his audience likely suffered second-hand embarrassment (as did I when watching the video).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317January 13, 2018 9:26 AM

Bret Michaels getting hit by a stage backdrop during the Tony awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318January 13, 2018 9:30 AM

It nearly messed up his pretty face r318. Bret Michaels was the most beautiful of the glam rockers when he was young, and his face still doesn’t look too bad these days, but at some point he has to let the toupee and bandana combo go and accept he doesn’t have the long locks he had at 25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319January 13, 2018 9:44 AM

Hugh Grant getting a blow job from Divine Brown, because Elizabeth Hurley was so ratchet? Fred Willard doing the Pee Wee Herman (not the dance)! Eddie Murphy before the T was in LGB. Sorry, but George Michael's escapade was not so shocking, but boner inducing just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 320January 13, 2018 7:32 PM

Wow... I assume Kelsey was okay because he's still among us, but damn R317.

by Anonymousreply 321January 14, 2018 3:15 AM

Lake Bell pic #1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322January 14, 2018 4:00 AM

Lake Bell pic #2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323January 14, 2018 4:01 AM

OMG, I had never heard of that dress mishap, R323. Hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 324January 14, 2018 4:47 AM

I don't understand what happened with her dress.

by Anonymousreply 325January 14, 2018 5:15 AM

Me neither r325. Like it looks like it had been folded or pinned up and then the pins just fell out?

by Anonymousreply 326January 14, 2018 5:31 AM

I didn’t either r325/r326 because r323 didn’t bother explaining, but from what I read somewhere else a gust of wind came along causing all the fringing on the dress to be swept up and gave everyone a good glimpse of her beige underwear.

by Anonymousreply 327January 14, 2018 6:55 AM

When Cate Blanchett won her Best Actress Oscar for Blue Jasmine, Daniel Day Lewis is the one who presented it to her. I cringed amd almost sprained my eyes rolling them when she turned to him and said (with faux sincerity), “Thank you, Mr. Day Lewis. From you it exacerbates this honor to it and it blows it right out of the ballpark!”

I remember thinking, “Bitch, I’m 100% confident ‘exacerbates’ doesn’t mean what you think it does. And the ballpark reference from an Aussie (which clearly got muddled) was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 328January 14, 2018 7:28 AM

R328 she should have said something like accentuates...exacerbates generally has a negative connotation

by Anonymousreply 329January 14, 2018 7:43 AM

Emma Roberts' tragic Lloyd Christmas bangs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330January 14, 2018 10:56 AM

Kate Bosworth here. She should never ever wear her hair like this again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331January 14, 2018 11:17 AM

I’ve never seen a movie with Kate Bosworth.

Mariah Carey was on QVC a few years back and it was the most cringe thing in history. What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 332January 14, 2018 12:36 PM

Susan Sarandon in The Banger Sisters. Because it really was that bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333January 17, 2018 4:47 AM

R243 I like this youtube quote about that horrifically glorious clip:

[quote]I don't drink; but if I ever did, I'd want to be "Liza Minnelli" drunk. If you're gonna go for it, go for the gold.

by Anonymousreply 334January 17, 2018 6:51 AM

And the way she chastises the photographers afterwards, when she's the one who can't manage to keep her g-damn TOP ON!!!

(I like how one member of the press says loudly, "WUT?")

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335January 17, 2018 7:33 AM

R273, he's a fucking PROFESSIONAL and has every right to be pissed off at fuckups.

by Anonymousreply 336January 17, 2018 8:12 AM

R336 Exactly. And [italic] he's [/italic] the one going out to millions of viewers. For god's sake, just give him some peace and quiet so he can BROADCAST clearly, and uninterrupted.

People say the late Jessica Savitch is having a "meltdown" in this clip, when all she wants is her stage manager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337January 17, 2018 8:59 AM

R336 = Laurence O'Donnell

And yes, Laurence, everyone who watched that suffered second-hand embarrassment on your behalf, and if your ego wasn't as big as the universe, you would have too!

by Anonymousreply 338January 19, 2018 5:23 AM

R338 Not at all. Why should he be taping broadcasts with random stuff going off in his ear piece? It's not like he's asking for the moon. Just for the way it's [italic] supposed to be done. [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 339January 19, 2018 5:33 AM

God I love Jessica. ON THE BUTTON.

by Anonymousreply 340January 19, 2018 11:45 AM

When Hugh Jackman claimed that his wife is so "jealous" she wouldn't allow him to work with Angelina Jolie. Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 341January 19, 2018 12:04 PM

When someone released nude photos of "the nation's scold" who slut-shamed women and called herself a prophet, the very self-righteous and judgmental Dr. Laura Schlesinger, I felt extremely embarrassed and even horrified for her. The guy who released the photos, a former boss and lover, said that he and Dr. Laura went to bed together the same afternoon they met. She must have been mortified, especially given her massive ego.

by Anonymousreply 342January 19, 2018 8:17 PM

[quote]R340 God I love Jessica. ON THE BUTTON.

"This is [italic] PRIME TIME TELEVISION [/italic] here, folks!"

by Anonymousreply 343January 19, 2018 8:24 PM

I don't even have to click on the clips of perez hilton crying to feel mortified. Just reading about them on the dl fills me with the horror and shame he seems incapable of feeling for posting such stupid crap.

by Anonymousreply 344January 19, 2018 11:39 PM

Demi Moore inhaling nitrous oxide and having a seizure after Ashton Kutcher left her was pretty embarrassing to read about. Especially since she was 50-years-old and had always portrayed herself as a strong, empowered woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345January 21, 2018 3:56 AM

There must be something wrong with me, because I do NOT suffer second-hand embarrassment for any of the twits on this thread.

So I will add Caroline Kennedy's Christmas Greeting to the people of Japan. I'm glad she looks like the fool she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346January 21, 2018 5:03 AM

Is that Demi hitting on Lenny Kravitz after doing a whip-it at R345? He appears to be (wisely) ignoring her.

by Anonymousreply 347January 21, 2018 7:00 AM

OP, I think the word you were looking for is "vicarious."

by Anonymousreply 348January 21, 2018 7:26 AM

Lenny Kravitz notoriously doesn’t sleep with anyone over 20. That pic of Demi perfectly captures my embarrassment for her.

by Anonymousreply 349January 21, 2018 7:36 AM

The Kelsey Grammer and Bret Michaels clips are pure gold!!

by Anonymousreply 350January 21, 2018 7:48 AM

When Larry King interviewed a rape victim, and, right after her harrowing description of the rape, which included a detail of her having been grocery shopping and having put the groceries in her car, Larry asked, "What about the food?" It took a minute for it to register with me, and I turned to my friend and asked, "Did Larry just ask her about the food?" And, indeed he had.

by Anonymousreply 351January 22, 2018 6:21 AM

Well r351 after a sexual assault I’m sure there’s nothing more soothing than a ham sandwich and glass of milk. If the groceries remained in a hot car while she being brutally raped then they’d probably spoiled and that’s an inconvenience she doesn’t need considering she was having a pretty average day!

I stand by the question.

by Anonymousreply 352January 22, 2018 6:36 AM

Never heard that Larry King story before. Hilarious! I guess you just can't make this stuff up.

by Anonymousreply 353January 22, 2018 7:00 AM

[quote]R352 Well, after a sexual assault I’m sure there’s nothing more soothing than a ham sandwich and glass of milk.

I prefer egg salad. Softer to chew : (

by Anonymousreply 354January 22, 2018 7:04 AM

That poor woman.

But larry is fucking GOLD. funniest thing I've read for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 355January 22, 2018 7:22 AM

R351 I had the same reaction to Larry King running down Corey Haim’s untimely death (R.I.P.).

When Corey Feldman is looking at you in mild horror because you’re firing off stupid insensitive questions, you know there’s a problem. It’s surprising that Larry King didn’t get to ask about Haim’s groceries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356January 24, 2018 11:21 AM

Yes, Larry offered much second-hand embarrassment in many ways. And I just suffered second-hand embarrassment for Corey Feldman in that video because of that strand of hair that was allowed to hang down over his eye.

by Anonymousreply 357January 24, 2018 7:43 PM

Oh it wasn't "allowed" to r357, it was carefully coiffed and trained to because Feldman thinks he is Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 358January 24, 2018 7:52 PM

Tiffany Dumbshit fumbling all those names when announcing Oscar nominations this week -- and then giggling like an idiot throughout. This was not a last minute gig and 90% of the nominees are obvious way in advance. Practice, your ignorant slut.

by Anonymousreply 359January 24, 2018 7:55 PM

I fully support Cory Feldman's fight against Hollywood paedos, but he is a fucking weird bloke. I just don't get the hero worship of Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 360January 24, 2018 7:56 PM

Jane, you ignorant slut r359.

by Anonymousreply 361January 24, 2018 7:57 PM

Hillary Clinton’s mammy accent. Her accent has fluctuated between northern and southern throughout the years, but this particular one was cringworthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362January 24, 2018 8:39 PM

Some well-deserved second-hand embarrassment goes out to Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin for giving a ridiculous interview about.... Lisa's fake lips. (And for failing in their attempts to normalize someone getting silicone injected into their lips. And this is the same woman who used to claim those things were natural.)

And how did one of these imbeciles get the Mad Men gig, by the way?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363January 26, 2018 7:22 AM

Agree that Hamlin did not deserve a role on Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 364January 27, 2018 5:11 AM

Larry King has probably never suffered from first-hand embarrassment. What pisses me of about Hillary's mammy speech is it was just about her best speech she ever gave until she got to that part. If she hadn't started the shuck and jive it would have gone down as her best speech. It's the most impassioned and real I've ever seen her.

by Anonymousreply 365January 27, 2018 5:19 AM

That is a the very best description of Larry King, R365. Simply perfect.

by Anonymousreply 366January 27, 2018 5:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367January 27, 2018 6:07 AM

Excuse me r363 but that is no ordinary mouth, that is a VAGINA MOUTH!!

by Anonymousreply 368January 27, 2018 6:43 AM

I DO NOT APPRECIATE HILLARY CLINTON REFERRING TO ME AS A BITCH AT R367, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. A BITCH IS A FEMALE DOG. I AM NOT A FEMALE DOG.

by Anonymousreply 369January 27, 2018 6:51 AM

Pretty much anything this bitch says or does causes me to be embarrassed for her. And for humanity, for that matter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 370January 27, 2018 6:59 AM

You mean like when Sara said this, R370:

"Hey, is it considered molestation if the child makes the first move? I'm gonna need a quick answer on this."

Isn't she such a card?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371January 27, 2018 8:22 AM

Yeah, Sara gets by with saying things a male comedian would never get by with saying. Nor would I want them to.

I felt embarrassed for her during one of those comedy roasts where she sat on the side and fake laughed the whole time, as if the stupid jokes of her fellow comedians were hilarious. She was worse than Ed McMahon and Dick Clark combined on that Bloopers show a long time ago where they would fake hysterical laughter.

by Anonymousreply 372January 30, 2018 6:50 AM

I think Sara Silverman is probably sociopathic. I truly do. There's something missing in her.

Anyway, carry on. This is a fun thread!

by Anonymousreply 373January 30, 2018 9:23 AM

As a child I felt embarrassed for Bob Hope as he stood and told those really bad jokes. They were even immature to me, and I was about 8. Also, any comedian who mugged, I felt embarrassed for the muggers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374January 30, 2018 9:29 AM

Bob Hope was extremely lame.

by Anonymousreply 375January 30, 2018 9:31 AM

A few years ago it was embarrassing to listen to both Jenny McCarthy and Pamela Anderson (at different times) announce they had removed their breast implants, that they no longer wanted to be defined by the size of their breasts, and they each lamented that they had gotten implants in the first place because of insecurity, and that now they were no longer insecure but strong, empowered feminists. Both ladies, at some point in time, quietly and unannounced, had implants re-inserted, and they appeared in public with new gigantic fake boobs with no reference to their feminist, empowered selves.

by Anonymousreply 376February 3, 2018 3:09 AM

I felt embarrassed for Natalie Imbruglia when she won some MTV award years ago. Sarah Michelle Gellar was the presenter and when Natalie came to the mic, she stuck out her hand to for a few seconds to give a handshake to Sarah but Sarah completely ignored her. It was funny but embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 377February 3, 2018 3:19 AM

Oh, I hope Natalie read Sarah Michelle's tweet last year!

by Anonymousreply 378February 3, 2018 3:21 AM

Embarrassed for Jennifer Garner and everything she posts on her instagram, but especially when she reads to her dog or walks her chicken. It's seriously so stupid. It's also easy to see why someone like Ben Affleck couldn't hang with a frau like that. She gets her heavy-hipped fanbase in flyover states in a tizzy with it all.

by Anonymousreply 379February 3, 2018 3:22 AM

r376 Jesus, that's the least of the stupid shit she's done. Wearing glasses to look smart and denouncing vaccines is dumber than anything she could hope to do. r377 Wow, it's Sarah who should feel dumb, what a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 380February 3, 2018 3:31 AM

I'm usually embarrassed when looking at January Jone's instagram. It's full of selfies, and if I didn't know who she was I would assume she's a lonely woman who suffers from arrested psychological development. Since I know she doesn't and that she's just fine, and also that she played an iconic role on one of the best television shows in history, there's no reason to feel sorry for her, so I just suffer second-hand embarrassment for her instead.

by Anonymousreply 381February 3, 2018 3:31 AM

Melissa Leo's Oscar speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382February 3, 2018 3:36 AM

I think it's more embarrasing they dragged out a drooling rapist like Kirk Douglas as a presenter....for actresses, no less.

by Anonymousreply 383February 3, 2018 4:17 AM

I agree that Melissa Leo speech is embarrassing. I felt cringe from the moment her name was announced... sitting in her seat feigning shock, that unnecessary bow to Kirk, engaging Kirk in conversation knowing whatever he said in return would take a painfully long time, her dramatic speech of course, and then kissing up to the entire academy at the end as if making sure she remained in their good graces for next time! Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 384February 3, 2018 4:28 AM

[Quote] Embarrassed for Jennifer Garner and everything she posts on her instagram, but especially when she reads to her dog or walks her chicken.

I would love to see pics of Jen walking a chicken for the paps😄

by Anonymousreply 385February 3, 2018 4:08 PM

Every single time I watch “Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter”.

by Anonymousreply 386February 4, 2018 6:59 PM

Jennifer Garner correcting Conan O'Brien's grammar and saying he went to Harvard he should know better only to be proven wrong on national tv. It was not a bit or a joke.

Conan: So you snuck out of the house? Jennifer: Conan...you should know that snuck isn't a word it's "sneaked". You went to Harvard you should know that!

😳

by Anonymousreply 387February 7, 2018 4:21 AM

it's on here r387 and I had never seen it but laughed my ass off. What a fucking maroon she is!

by Anonymousreply 388February 7, 2018 4:25 AM

I tried to link it r388 so glad it's on here. She's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 389February 7, 2018 6:12 AM

oh god more Jennifer Garner goodies please!!! She is so smug and smarmy.

by Anonymousreply 390February 7, 2018 4:43 PM

R194 is Garner with the Cone

by Anonymousreply 391February 7, 2018 5:03 PM

I was taught in English class that snuck wasn't a word, that sneaked was the past tense of sneak.

I wouldn't have corrected anyone on national television, though.

by Anonymousreply 392February 9, 2018 4:41 AM

It's easy enough to see why Ben Affleck couldn't deal with her smug, self-righteous bullshit and made her life hell before leaving her.

by Anonymousreply 393February 9, 2018 4:45 AM

Was your English teacher Jennifer Garner’s mom r392?

by Anonymousreply 394February 9, 2018 4:45 AM

Jennifer Garner is doing a Lens show.

by Anonymousreply 395February 9, 2018 4:57 AM

Sarah Jessica Parker calling her fragrance "Lovely"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396February 9, 2018 4:38 PM

[quote]Jennifer Garner is doing a Lens show.

I think Ben's self-destructiveness rubbed off on her or something. LOL. Bless her heart.

by Anonymousreply 397February 9, 2018 5:33 PM

Sheree Whitfield introducing her fashion house "She-Male by Sheree" on television with a fashion show. There were no clothes.

by Anonymousreply 398February 9, 2018 6:18 PM

I spent a number of years building up a VHS collection, then Laser Discs, then DVDs and now Blu-rays.

I resisted Blu-rays because I think DVDs look fine but Blu-rays really do look better. I can't imagine 4K look better but I presume they do.

You can find DVDs and Blu-rays cheap nowadays. Even dollar stores sell decent movies.

by Anonymousreply 399February 12, 2018 3:43 AM

oops wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 400February 12, 2018 3:53 AM

I'll see R317 and R318, and raise you one Marilyn Manson being attacked by a rogue prop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401February 17, 2018 5:18 AM

Long, drawn-out version leading up to Manson's mishap, if you prefer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402February 17, 2018 5:20 AM

The germans have a word for it

Fremdscham (German)

Embarrassment felt on behalf of someone else (often someone so ignorant to what they have done that they don’t know that they should be embarrassed for themselves); vicarious embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 403February 17, 2018 5:39 AM

I remember that R208. The interview ran on September 10th and Barbara described it as "what the world will be talking about tomorrow!"

by Anonymousreply 404February 17, 2018 5:46 AM

THIS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405February 17, 2018 6:03 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406February 20, 2018 1:39 AM

I was watching a marathon, off and on anyway, of Diff'rent Strokes. Kimberly(Dana Plato) played her male cousin, of the same age, from Germany. Mr. Drummond(does he have a first name?) played a female cousin, his age, from Germany. I've never seen such bad acting in my life. I couldn't look away.

by Anonymousreply 407February 20, 2018 2:34 AM

ha r407! That one was the worst, the cousin Hans was a thief right? And the sister was a pushover who didn't believe Hans was a thief. That was worse than when Marcia Owens went to jail as a lawyer and switched places with one of the women in there.

by Anonymousreply 408February 20, 2018 2:38 AM

Fergie

by Anonymousreply 409February 20, 2018 2:44 AM

They were the Van Drummonds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410February 20, 2018 2:45 AM

Reese Witherspoon advocating for more narcissism is pretty embarrassing.

And Oprah's glasses triggered some embarrassment, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411February 21, 2018 9:53 AM

R405 oh dear lord. I couldn’t watch finish watching it. It’s so awful. Joely Fisher and Ricki Lake never looked worse. And Corey Feldman was at his peak of dressing and dancing like Michael Jackson which he still does and is still cringe inducing. The lyrics were so terrible, it’s amazing they weren’t laughed off stage.

by Anonymousreply 412February 21, 2018 10:02 AM

R406 I wonder if Fergie watched it back and realised all the players were laughing at her. Apparently she sang it like that in rehearsals. Would love to know if no one had the courage to tell her it was awful or if she was warned, but did it anyway because she thought it was good.

by Anonymousreply 413February 21, 2018 10:06 AM

The BALOON BOY incident was embarrasing. A loser family so desperate for a reality show they hid their child in the barn and said he's been whisked off into thin air...

Very much a symbol of our times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414February 21, 2018 10:26 AM

Gaga when she 'won' that Golden Globe. They obviously told her way ahead of time she was going to win so she would turn up and she subjected us to more of her 'acting'.

I can't tell with Gaga whether she's just painfully stupid and naive, or a just about functioning autistic.

It's like watching someone not naturally tuned in to how normal humans behave, play acting how they think people behave having only seen real humans on TV/Films. Maybe she is some kind of lizard illuminati after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415February 21, 2018 11:41 AM

Those poor boys r414. Imagine having those two attention seeking famewhores as parents. The skinny one on the right of that last photo looks especially miserable. They’re probably tormented at school.

by Anonymousreply 416February 21, 2018 11:43 AM

Very embarrassed listening to Reese at R411, especially when she said "fer sure". I didn't think anyone over 20 ever said that back in the 80's, let alone now.

Also, that video reminds me of how mind-numbingly boring Oprah and her guests were, and still are.

by Anonymousreply 417March 2, 2018 10:18 AM

I feel secondhand shame for reese for starring in so many shitty movies apart from freeway.

by Anonymousreply 418March 2, 2018 7:58 PM

In the video at R411, Oprah has Gayle's mannerisms and figure of speech.

I have second-hand embarrassment in advance for Jimmy Kimmel on Oscar night as I anticipate him crying (again). Hopefully he can hold it together, but he's really getting used to shedding those tears publicly, so who knows?

by Anonymousreply 419March 3, 2018 9:18 AM

Reese being arrested for obstruction of justice is pretty embarrassing to behold.

"I'm an American citizen! This is beyond. This is harassment. You're harassing me as an American citizen! Do you know my name? You're about to find out who I am."

Go to bed, Reese... You're drunk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420March 3, 2018 10:00 AM

Remember when Tara Reid had that awful plastic surgery on her stomach and got papped, with the photo of that abomination doing tabloid rounds? She tearfully proclaimed: "My body will never be perfect again!"

by Anonymousreply 421March 3, 2018 10:02 AM

Award show acceptance speeches. The Halle Berre one was the worst. Meryl calling Weinstein god. The entire Mtv awards makes me cringe. Oprah photoshopped on the cover of her magazine to look 100 lbs lighter.

by Anonymousreply 422March 3, 2018 10:21 AM

Why can't tara just wear maillots instead of persisting with bikinis like a demented harridan?

by Anonymousreply 423March 3, 2018 11:00 AM

Frances McDormand's lunatic laugh when she got on stage and then toward the end of her acceptance speech for best actress embarrassed me immensely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424March 5, 2018 9:32 AM

January Jones hosting SNL.

by Anonymousreply 425March 5, 2018 9:35 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426March 5, 2018 9:50 AM

R381 Yeah, she's a mess. Definitely up her own ass with no reason to be.

by Anonymousreply 427March 5, 2018 10:15 AM

R426 It was funny because Maya is suddenly claiming to be black

by Anonymousreply 428March 5, 2018 10:17 AM

The Shape of Water guy who tried to speak at the end of last night’s Oscar telecast.

by Anonymousreply 429March 5, 2018 2:05 PM

The fact that Hefner wannabe Bill Maher takes himself so seriously while being actually shallow and lacking in intellectual depth makes me feel embarrassed for him.

by Anonymousreply 430March 13, 2018 4:22 AM

In a few decades we will all look back and cringe at the bad plastic surgery, duck lips and botox fails we now see on film and just kind of ignore. "Grampa, why does that woman look like an alien? Did she have a bad accident?"

by Anonymousreply 431March 13, 2018 8:55 AM

I'm embarrassed for Mira Sorvino, a perfectly fine looking woman who, for reasons known only to herself, paid a doctor to make her unidentifiable... even requesting that, if possible, he make her look as much like Melissa Gilbert after her own plastic surgery. And the doctor pulled it off!

Are actresses certifiably insane?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432March 21, 2018 7:29 AM

Another angle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433March 21, 2018 7:30 AM

As a young child, I suffered second-hand embarrassment whenever my parents watched Bloopers and Ed McMahon and Dick Clark would throw their heads back in fake laughter after each (usually dumb) clip. OMG, they were both such dorks. And the canned laughter from the audience made me continue to cringe.

I also remember feeling embarrassed for Dick Clark when he hosted the $25,000 Pyramid. He was so awkward when talking to the guest stars and contestants. He seemed so dumb.

I don't think this is embarrassment exactly, but I always felt kind of bad for Ed McMahon when he was around Johnny Carson all those years. He was very nice to Johnny and did his job well, but there was always a tension coming from Johnny, like a thinly veiled contempt toward Ed. As a kid, I just wished Johnny would be nice and stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434March 23, 2018 7:39 AM

KStew and Letterman were not a good combination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435March 23, 2018 1:58 PM

If one can suffer embarrassment on behalf of inanimate objects, so to speak, then I used to suffer it for any show with a laugh track. So embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 436March 23, 2018 8:37 PM

Much embarrassment for Tom Arnold after watching this interview.

(The next day Michael Cohen tweeted: Appreciate @TomArnold kind words about me as a great father, husband and friend. This was a chance, public encounter in the hotel lobby where he asked for a selfie. Not spending the weekend together, did not discuss being on his show nor did we discuss @POTUS. #done #ridiculous)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437June 27, 2018 7:42 AM

Sean Penn in I am Sam. Corey Feldman on the today show.

by Anonymousreply 438June 27, 2018 11:04 AM

Chris wallaces wife when he embarrassed her on fox news. I don't remember the exact contact but he made a remark towards her and then added something like "that's not a compliment ". Prick.

by Anonymousreply 439June 27, 2018 11:07 AM

Sean Penn, Charlize Theron and Javier bardem because of The Last Face.

by Anonymousreply 440June 27, 2018 11:10 AM

Hillary having a seizure/stroke, or just extremely drunk and on Valium in public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441June 27, 2018 11:12 AM

r65, she was smokin hot in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 442June 27, 2018 11:33 AM

I could watch this hot mess over and over again (and I have). I live for this stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443June 27, 2018 4:12 PM

The PeeWee Herman thing happened when I was in high school and I remember feeling super embarrassed for him, but the whole thing also pissed me off and still does.

I get why George Michael types are arrested. Parks and toilets are public places and using them to hook up for sex is wrong because unwitting strangers or children could stumble in and catch you at it. But porn theaters?

Porn theaters are private and you have to be 18 just to get into one. Also--it is a freakin' porn theater. I would be more creeped out by the guys NOT masturbating.

Did police really not have anything better to do than conduct sting operations on adults whacking it in porn theaters?

So ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 444June 27, 2018 6:26 PM

He/She is not a celebrity or famous but I really feel bad for Stefonknee Wolscht's children and ex-wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445June 27, 2018 7:20 PM

R403 you could also use the Dutch word (or words) if you can pronounce them: ‘plaatsvervangende schaamte’.

I prefer to imagine Tobias Funke saying "Douche chills!"

by Anonymousreply 446June 27, 2018 8:15 PM

I just suffered some second-hand embarrassment for the guy with the green bands around his biceps in the video at R443. Yikes.

And Tom Arnold is a tool.

by Anonymousreply 447June 28, 2018 5:50 AM

I’m embarrassed for Dr Phil’s wife every time I see or hear her. Just her very presence on the planet is a trial for all of us.

by Anonymousreply 448June 28, 2018 7:04 AM

For R448

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449June 28, 2018 9:10 AM

40,000 people viewed a post by Dr. Phil's wife?! At midnight?! None of them are famous, but I just felt very embarrassed for those viewers. Earth-shatteringly boring.

by Anonymousreply 450July 10, 2018 7:34 AM

You just know Dr. Phil was ordering all his interns to watch the video and share it with their friends to increase views.

by Anonymousreply 451July 10, 2018 9:34 AM

Here goes. Sometime in 1995 when I first moved to NYC I went to a computer store just off on B-way north of Astor Place. I could see the clerk inside talking to an older guy saddled up to the counter. I couldn't figure if the door was Push or Pull and they laughed at me as I came in! After the guy left I asked the clerk, ok, who was that? "That, was F. Murray Abraham". Who???!?? I'm honestly not that sensitive, whatever, but even in that brief moment he seemed like kind of a prick.

by Anonymousreply 452July 10, 2018 11:25 AM

I guess that's embarrassment BY someone famous but I'm embarrassed for his behavior too!! LOL

by Anonymousreply 453July 10, 2018 11:31 AM

[quote]an older guy saddled up to the counter

How does one "saddle up" to a counter, exactly?

by Anonymousreply 454July 10, 2018 12:05 PM

Mariah's disastrous New Year's Eve performance and Anna Nicole's "beautiful duets" speech while introducing Kanye West.

by Anonymousreply 455July 10, 2018 12:51 PM

I suffered second-hand embarrassment watching Jon Hamm climbing on stage to receive his Emmy award. Why, Jon, why? He was trying too hard, and it was very uncomfortable to watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 29, 2018 3:00 AM

Jon Hamm should have brought the coolness of Don Draper to the Emmys with him that night.

by Anonymousreply 457July 29, 2018 7:21 AM

So farts are hysterical, but queefs are gross R328?

by Anonymousreply 458February 27, 2020 2:08 AM

I cringe to this day hearing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459February 27, 2020 2:11 AM

R459, what’s cringe-worthy about that?

by Anonymousreply 460February 27, 2020 2:15 AM

R457 he should bring it to every awards show.

by Anonymousreply 461February 27, 2020 11:06 AM

Lisa Rinna interviewing Amy Adams on the red carpet at the 2008 Oscars was a real cringefest. Rinna mistakenly thought Adams was nominated that year for Enchanted and asked her what it feels like being nominated for the first time. Adams realized she was talking to an idiot and tried to help her out by casually mentioning that she was nominated a year before that for Junebug in her answer. Rinna then said something like: "Oh, this is so embarassing - so this is your SECOND nomination?!" Adams' publicist was seen cringing in the background.

by Anonymousreply 462February 27, 2020 1:29 PM

Jeb Bush's "Please clap." moment.

I mean, I was second-hand embarrassed initially, but definitely laughed my ass off after that.

by Anonymousreply 463February 27, 2020 1:41 PM

Martin short telling a long romantic story about first meeting his beard.

by Anonymousreply 464February 27, 2020 1:59 PM

Lana Del Ray's singing on SNL. The next week they made fun of it in their News Update with Kristen Wiig as Lana.

by Anonymousreply 465February 27, 2020 2:17 PM

The kiss of Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley. What a shit show.

by Anonymousreply 466February 27, 2020 2:20 PM

Dress for success. NOT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467February 27, 2020 2:32 PM

This. I don't know wtf this was supposed to be. But this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468February 27, 2020 2:53 PM

Kathie Lee Gifford blubbering on "live" television the morning after her sweatshop scandal was exposed.

by Anonymousreply 469February 27, 2020 4:11 PM

Marie Osmond's "Music is medicine" video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470February 27, 2020 4:26 PM

When Beyonce had that stupid ponytail. What's worse is that people thought she looked good in it.

by Anonymousreply 471February 27, 2020 4:29 PM

R471, speaking of Beyonce, this video always cracks me up. (Yes I know it was altered to make her sound bad)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472February 27, 2020 5:20 PM

R471 refresh my memory. Hasn't she done that more than once??

by Anonymousreply 473February 27, 2020 9:13 PM

R471 refresh my memory. Hasn't she done that more than once??

by Anonymousreply 474February 27, 2020 9:13 PM

R474, I'm thinking of a specific instance, when she was at the met gala. All of the media was talking about how she stole the show, but she looked like an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475February 27, 2020 9:56 PM

R475 thanks. I didn't remember her hair looking that bad. But it is a tad ott.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476February 27, 2020 10:17 PM

I'm a broken record about this but Clooney's circus wedding and everything since. His talk show appearances where he blathers on about how his wife "has brains" and how they didn't need fertility drugs are also laughable.

I was less embarrassed for him all those years leading up to this when he had the parade of bargain basement contract "girlfriends".

I am curious as to what happened that made it necessary for him to do this.

by Anonymousreply 477February 27, 2020 11:04 PM

477 I'll never forget the photos and videos of them parading around on that boat that day because I found it all so gauche. Also it reminds me of when he gathered 14 of his friends and gave each of them a million dollars and how he made sure the story about it was given full coverage in the press. He's just gotten weird and bought into his own hype.

Makes me wonder if he has something to hide.

by Anonymousreply 478February 28, 2020 1:23 AM

[Quote] Makes me wonder if he has something to hide.

I'm sure he does. I've always been suspicious of him since that Room 23 shit.

by Anonymousreply 479February 28, 2020 6:23 AM

Beyonce's mugging at the Super Bowl had her publicist ringing around begging for unflattering pictures to be removed from feeds.

Not a coincidence that Beyonce went for an image makeover after her ugliest performance ever.

She even had big dick face on stage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480February 29, 2020 7:42 PM

Madonna's Sex book. Possible the most pretentious and failed effort to be sexy, ever. One of those pictures even showed trying to poo/pee into some kind of bowl I think? It was just weird. Frankly, she deserved to be mocked endlessly for the book, not because she "went too far" but because she legitimately thought she had come up with the sexiest thing since ever.

by Anonymousreply 481February 29, 2020 7:46 PM

Shaquille O'Neal once traveled to Greece and was asked if he visited the Parthenon. His reply:

"I can't really remember the names of the clubs we went to."

I remember seeing a clip of this. I can't find it online. I'm not buying the excuse his personal assistant gave. Shaq might imagine himself as one, but he is no raconteur. The stereotype of the dumb jock continues...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482February 29, 2020 8:54 PM

Courtney Love crashes a Madonna interview with Kurt Loder. CL sits on a barstool and falls backwards. At one point, you can see her two feet in the air. So embarrassing. Also, this was the 90s, Madonna was wearing Gucci (sexy) and her hair & makeup was like Sharon Tate, very beautiful. In contrast, Courtney looked so very disheveled and "thirsty."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483February 29, 2020 10:51 PM

R379 Reading to the dog and walking the chicken are part of Jennifer Garner's carefully cultivated image of wholesome cuteness, which sells her products and assuredly earns her millions. Nothing to be embarrassed about. She'll still be a business mogul when she's old and not so attractive. Not so sure about Ben though.

by Anonymousreply 484February 29, 2020 11:21 PM

I'm not sure what's more embarrassing, this or the poor excuse this was women empowering

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485March 2, 2020 7:48 AM

[quote] Second-hand embarrassment for these people: Rosie O'Donnell Jennifer Lawrence George Lopez Jon Stewart Chelsea Handler Stephen King Lena Dunham Al Sharpton Samuel L. Jackson Whoopi Goldberg Miley Cyrus Amy Schumer. They all said they would move out of the United States if Trump was elected, and they're all still here. Why do celebrities keep doing this? Do they not think it through before promising to do something they may never do?

We're all embarrassed for you. And you can send your apologies to Lena Dunham at her house in Wales. It's the country where she moved to

by Anonymousreply 486March 2, 2020 10:42 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 487April 22, 2020 3:43 PM

When Mary J. Blige sang American Skin to Hillary Clinton during her campaign. On the couch. Saw John Oliver talking about it on his show; first time I had seen it. Mary is better than that.

by Anonymousreply 488April 22, 2020 3:47 PM

Does being embarrassed for Janbot count?

by Anonymousreply 489April 22, 2020 5:31 PM

All of the vapid fucktard celebrities involved in the unintelligible and thirsty-to-death Gal Gadot's Imagine video. I refuse to post it.

by Anonymousreply 490April 24, 2020 5:03 PM

Kerri Russell's infamous haircut.

by Anonymousreply 491April 24, 2020 5:07 PM

R485 I actually like her outfit and wish more celebs took such bold fashion risks. Her "empowerment" excuse was ridiculous though.

by Anonymousreply 492April 24, 2020 5:11 PM

Sam's Smith attempt at being "queer" and "gender non-binary". And that womanly ass he displayed while running naked on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 493April 24, 2020 5:11 PM

When James Franco hosted the Oscars.

by Anonymousreply 494April 24, 2020 5:17 PM

Jennifer Garner actually thinking this pos would be a hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495April 24, 2020 5:20 PM

[quote] When James Franco hosted the Oscars.

Franco and AnnE.

by Anonymousreply 496April 24, 2020 7:53 PM

Anne was beautiful, charming, and showed up to for the gig; the other was stoned out of his mind and completely out of it.

by Anonymousreply 497April 24, 2020 8:06 PM

R497 I agree. I'm not an AnnE fan, but she did the job well.

by Anonymousreply 498April 24, 2020 11:52 PM

R497 I agree. I'm not an AnnE fan, but she did the job well.

by Anonymousreply 499April 24, 2020 11:52 PM

An update to this wonderful thread, courtesy of Oprah:

"Wellness to me means all things in balance, and balance doesn't mean all things are equal or at peace at all times..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500April 8, 2021 9:38 AM

Boy George is dead? I thought he caught the aids way back in the 80s. Who'd care about that weird washed-up tranny from the 80s. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 501April 8, 2021 9:49 AM

[quote]Rosie O'Donnell Jennifer Lawrence George Lopez Jon Stewart Chelsea Handler Stephen King Lena Dunham Al Sharpton Samuel L. Jackson Whoopi Goldberg Miley Cyrus Amy Schumer. They all said they would move out of the United States if Trump was elected, and they're all still here.

That's a Republican myth. They claim every Democrat said it and it's not true... Asked on Twitter after multiple Trump victories in GOP primaries in the spring of 2016 if she had her "bags packed yet," the former "The View" host said she would "never" leave the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 502April 8, 2021 9:55 AM

R500 funny that she was talking about 'balance' and then lost hers. 😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 503April 8, 2021 12:36 PM

John Legend’s wife for posting pics of the unfortunate death of their child. I cringed. Grief is personal and should be kept that way. You don’t call in a photographer to capture it on film.

by Anonymousreply 504April 8, 2021 12:44 PM

R504 Agreed. It was totally cringey.

by Anonymousreply 505April 8, 2021 12:46 PM

When Cate Blanchett won her Best Actress Oscar for Blue Jasmine, she was handed the award by Daniel Day Lewis. She said something along the lines of, "And to be given this award by Daniel Day Lewis only exacerbates the honor." I was like, "Whoa, love her, but this bitch is dumb."

by Anonymousreply 506April 8, 2021 12:52 PM

Both Boy George Michael are English and gays. Mistake easily made

by Anonymousreply 507April 8, 2021 12:54 PM

When Sean Young was so desperate to play Catwoman in Tim Burton's sequel to 1989's BATMAN. She even went on Joan River's talk show dressed as Catwoman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508April 8, 2021 12:59 PM

I feel embarrassed for Madonna every time she makes a social media post.

by Anonymousreply 509April 8, 2021 1:04 PM

OH god yes. I remember that R508.

by Anonymousreply 510April 8, 2021 5:11 PM

Our lady In Gold

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511April 8, 2021 5:45 PM

Jeffrey Toobin now pretty much owns this thread, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512January 25, 2022 7:53 AM

Nicki Minaj when her cousin’s friend blamed his swollen nuts on the COVID vaccine instead of a probably STI like gonorrhoea.

by Anonymousreply 513March 11, 2024 8:04 PM

I still feel the embarrassment 57 years later.... and they were all my high school faves!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 514March 11, 2024 9:05 PM

This, or literally ANYTHING from this era in particular (or just all Gaga)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515March 11, 2024 9:35 PM

Gaga and Bradley Cooper singing that awful song during the 2019 Oscars while staring longingly into each other's eyes. The corny song designed to appeal to rural whites, Bradley butching it up and Gaga being fake as fuck. It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

by Anonymousreply 516March 12, 2024 1:27 PM

R76, it was really pathetic. I cringed.

by Anonymousreply 517March 12, 2024 1:58 PM

R516, the fact that they tried to convince everyone that they were a "couple" is so laughable. Nobody believed it.

by Anonymousreply 518March 12, 2024 2:36 PM

That video of Blue Ivy trying to dance was so sad. One, she looked like Jay-Z. Two, she looked like Jay-Z trying to dance. Three, she looked like she was having an epileptic fit. Four, she has ZERO rhythm.

by Anonymousreply 519March 12, 2024 2:39 PM

It was very cringeworthy. That said, I felt a bit sorry for her because - while I haven't made a mistake quite that embarrassing - I've made silly mistakes before where I've wanted the ground to swallow me up.

by Anonymousreply 520March 12, 2024 2:44 PM

That NFT of Madonna' giving birth to bugs. What the fuck was she thinking? That NFT was the last straw for me as a fan. The funniest part is that she tried to sell it for millions and it was a massive bomb. Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

by Anonymousreply 521March 12, 2024 2:50 PM

When Whitney Houston came out for that Michael Jackson Motown concert tribute anniversary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522March 12, 2024 3:04 PM

Gwyneth Paltrow trying to make “That’s so punk rock!” happen.

by Anonymousreply 523March 12, 2024 3:07 PM

R522, even more embarrassing was Whitney's 2011/2012 "comeback tour". It was going on a few weeks before her death and it was BAD. In just about every city she performed in (this was in Europe), she got booed because she was almost completely incapable of staying on-key. Her death really changed how the public perceived her and she became loved again.

by Anonymousreply 524March 12, 2024 3:21 PM

R524 Whitney had an absolutely beautiful technically perfect voice. The closet kills.

by Anonymousreply 525March 12, 2024 3:23 PM

R525, I agree. It was like a bell. It's a shame how rapidly her voice was destroyed in the late 90s/early 00s.

by Anonymousreply 526March 12, 2024 3:27 PM

That time Mariah Carey's dancers couldn't lift her massive body up. Perhaps Mariahs' immense talent carries some extra weight. The moment occurs at the 2:00 minute mark. The struggle on her dancers' faces is obvious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527March 12, 2024 3:31 PM

When J Lo had the audacity to cover Barbra's People. I am not a Streisand fan at all and I was actually mad for her when I saw this. The worst part about it is that J Lo tried to pass this off as "live" when even Hellen Keller in her grave could tell that this was auto-tuned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528March 12, 2024 3:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!