Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

First Look at Lifetime Original “A Tale of Two Coreys”

Looks totally rad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193December 31, 2018 7:33 AM

What. The. Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2017 9:37 PM

Who's going to play pedo Jackson? Will Janet be in it too?

by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2017 9:47 PM

Fucking hell. Lifetime is desperate. I suppose though it gives the fat fraus one last thrill in middle age reminiscing about their teenage years when their boobs weren't actually dragging on the floor.

Corey H. loves you Donna Douglas from Wisconsin. Love from Corey H. xxxoooxxx

by Anonymousreply 3December 9, 2017 10:01 PM

Whoa, that kid looks just like him

by Anonymousreply 4December 9, 2017 10:16 PM

This is great! Feldman could give a press release naming the elusive names in conjunction with this movie showing. Oh wait, he won't get ten million dollars for it so never mind.

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2017 12:25 AM

This will be the first time I ever watch a friggin Lifetime movie, so mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2017 10:27 AM

It looks so cheesy. Who says 'we're out of control'?

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2017 11:26 AM

A fifty second trailer and I feel like I’m having a panic-attack and want to vomit, and not because this is great art.

It’s not the subject matter that’s at issue but the flippant & cheap way it is being shown. It’s all for views. This will not be an empathetic look at child exploitation, but rather an attempt by Feldman to put himself back in center-stage of a narrative that eclipsed him and left him behind.

At the least I can say the casting seems good (the boy playing Haim is uncanny) but it’s not going to matter as this tale is told completely one-sided. ‘Reality’ doesn’t matter if you’re presenting it at an acute slant. You can bet incidents in Feldman’s book such as the one where Haim propositions him will either make Haim out as the aggressor or will be ‘cut for time’...

The real Haim never got a say in whether his tragic story was told or not, and in what way. He would not have signed off on this..

Also, does Mr. Feldman realise to what book he is alluding with that title, and how it paints him to do so? Has he ever read a single Dickens novel? This is all so painful.

by Anonymousreply 8December 10, 2017 11:56 AM

‘Sunglasses At Night’ for the trailer lmao. Was that their song?

Who is the blond actress with the pixie cut (at 30 seconds in, warning Feldman about his career) meant to be? Martha Plimpton? I hope some other good celebrities the Coreys both knew as kids cameo, like Noni & Christina Applegate & Victoria Beckham.

I hope but don’t anticipate this movie is kind to both Lala Sloatman & Meredith Salenger. ‘Dream A Little Dream’ (1988-9) is definitely a major part, I spotted two different outfits from it in the trailer.

I do love that the kid playing Feldman has a voice that pings like a hotel elevator.

by Anonymousreply 9December 10, 2017 5:26 PM

No r9 but it's performed by yet another Corey, get it? There's actually 3!

by Anonymousreply 10December 10, 2017 5:36 PM

You’re sweet, explains-the-bit Guy R10.

by Anonymousreply 11December 10, 2017 6:47 PM

R2 a newcomer with no known credits named Brandon Howard is playing MJ. Carrie Fisher & Tom Hanks are also characters appearing in this flick according to IMDB. Jo el Sc hum acher (played by Jay Disney) will of course figure largely. There’s no mention in the current cast list of any of the fellow teen stars who would have in the orbit of either Corey in the 80s...weird.

Strangely former costar & friend to both Coreys Jamison Newlander (aka Alan Frog in ‘The Lost Boys’) is a castmember but is only playing a nameless cop in one-scene. Sad, Jamison was great in ‘The Blob’..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 10, 2017 8:20 PM

Will there be nudity?

by Anonymousreply 13December 10, 2017 8:32 PM

This movie better not besmirch ‘License To Drive’, which is still genuinely funny and holds up perfectly exactly 30 years on.

“I’m so dead they’ll have to bury me twice.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 10, 2017 10:44 PM

r14

That's some intense blinking action.

by Anonymousreply 15December 10, 2017 10:46 PM

It’s sort of sad & strange that Justin & Elijah, the actors playing the younger versions of the leads, are so young irl (Justin Ellings was born in the year 2000) that they likely hadn’t ever even seen Haim & Feldman’s films before. Unless they had much older sisters, or a penchant for seeking out retro 80s flicks on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 16December 13, 2017 1:52 PM

Casey Leach, who is playing an older Haim in this production, is an ex-Junior-marine-turned-theater-stud who only got off the Greyhound 18 months ago. Any of you bitches run into him in Wholefoods yet?

He’s a good ol’ country Boy from Tallahassee who went to Florida State for acting (class of ‘15). He has no Bway credits yet but has tread the boards at the Globe (and studied in London for a year) after plenty of musical Theater work back in FL. Casey also has writing/directing credits already at just 26 years old, with ambitions to direct full-time later on. He seems overqualified for a Lifetime movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 13, 2017 2:04 PM

Who will play Heather Graham’s Mercedes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 13, 2017 4:40 PM

I can be made up to resemble a Mercedes!

by Anonymousreply 19December 13, 2017 4:43 PM

I always forget how old Heather Graham is. She's been around forever.

by Anonymousreply 20December 13, 2017 4:43 PM

I hope we don’t have to watch the gruesome moment in early ‘89 when Haim somehow breaks his own leg before the shooting for ‘Dream A Little Dream’ begins.

If we do see it, I expect the how & whys revealed. Maybe subconsciously Haim didn’t want to do the movie? (and he was the only good part of it, in the end).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 13, 2017 6:19 PM

R20 Heather G. is a fave of the DL-lesbian contingent. She still looks amazing and never bearded, so good for her.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2017 1:18 PM

The backstage ‘License’ story about Graham not wanting to kiss Haim because he had mono is bizarrely funny. She went on one date with Feldman to an AMAs and broke up with him the next day, iconic.

Ditto for Carol Kane trying to quit cigs onset and walking around with filters 24/7. How she coped with two permawired Coreys doing their stuntbrained-improv being completely sober herself is a miracle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2017 7:30 PM

So I’m confused...is this not the movie Feldman wanted to make? He’s currently crowdfunding for an independent movie project of his based on his book ‘Coreyography’, that is not yet in pre-production. Making this...what, exactly?

Feldman helped produce this one, his name is in the credits. It’s partially his life-story so he had to have given permission for it to be made and he probably consulted on it. Friends of his are even starring in it. Yet it’s not this that is his film project, apparently.

If he’s going to create a film with this exact story (his own actual life story) next year, what is the purpose for THIS film existing? Why let it happen? Was it just too expensive to prevent it being made? And on Lifetime’s end why make this biopic at all knowing Corey F. is already on the case? Who is distributing Feldman’s movie?

by Anonymousreply 24December 15, 2017 10:11 PM

The movie he's trying to make is one that exposes pedos. Why he needs to make a movie to do this is beyond me. I guess he will do some interpretive MJ dance moves and spend the rest on security.

by Anonymousreply 25December 15, 2017 10:25 PM

Who cares!

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2017 10:50 PM

[quote]Why he needs to make a movie to do this is beyond me.

I'm handing out free boxes of "Empathy Crunch with Bran Flakes" after the thread closes if you're interested.

by Anonymousreply 27December 15, 2017 10:54 PM

We all care, it’s just hard to grasp everything that’s in the works and know what’s what. It’s baffling, start to finish.

I might watch this Lifetime thing in 3 weeks, anyway...or I may just dig out the old tape of THE FOX & THE HOUND. Why, you ask? The latter film has an identical emotional arc to the Coreys’ troubled friendship & fraught parallel lives only with a far happier ending. It also features the talents of the real Feldman, acting his little heart out as the puppy Copper long before any of this abhorrent & twisted real-life darkness descended on him & Haim.

...and, who else has noticed the Haim/Todd parallel? They’re very alike in personality, and the place of Todd in Copper’s life almost totally matches the one Haim assumed in Feldman’s just several years after Feldman voiced Copper. It’s eerie. Suprisingly Feldman’s book overlooks this. Maybe someone should look into that, serendipity always makes for an interesting story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 15, 2017 10:57 PM

I live for you r28!

by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2017 11:00 PM

Really r27? because the fact that I call bullshit on needing ten million dollars to file charges against someone you should be more than happy to get off the street? Okay, well I have some magic beans I'd like to sell you, they're 5 million dollars and 1/2 the proceeds will go to Feldman's movie project, that should make you happy.

by Anonymousreply 30December 15, 2017 11:01 PM

Corey & lovely wife Courtney broke down their campaign in this tweeted video Q&A.

Hard to know what to make of it all. I got through 10 min and neither had given an answer to this double-bubble movie issue.

Maybe Feldman will get residuals from this Lifetime project which will fund his cause?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2017 12:05 AM

I think the Jewishness will prevail.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2017 12:42 AM

This absolutely will not happen, but just close your eyes for a moment and imagine...what if this proposed autobiographical movie from Feldman turned out to be a cinematic marvel?

It’s not as if the potential isn’t there; given the harrowing, grimy & lurid subject matter the tale has the makings of a Genet-like underworld. There are interesting possibilities for interpretive interstitial scenes (no, not just Feldman dancing), as well as for the storytelling itself. This film could use style to illuminate & heighten its dark substance, could be Brechtian.

In the hands of an auteur writer-director unafraid to challenge the established narrative (ie Feldman’s book) this film could really be something. The indie credibility could be off-the-scale, provided the paratext (score and so on) did not cheapen the effect with nostalgia. Imagine what a Takeshi Miike or a Michael Mann could do.

No fear, though. This will be a fluff piece. And what a pity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2017 12:13 PM

SHA-MON!

by Anonymousreply 34December 16, 2017 12:32 PM

R14 last I heard (this summer actually) a genderflipped ‘License’ was in the works, like is happening with then ‘Oceans’ movies right now.

They said that about ‘Lost Boys’ for years though and we never got one, so don’t hold your breath.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 16, 2017 1:15 PM

R24 here’s an astrology-gay to your rescue!

[quote] In Corey Feldman’s chart we see both Jupiter/Neptune conjunct, but out of sign. Jupiter is in Scorpio, so Feldman is reanimating his 4th House with transiting Jupiter conjuncting his IC, and the expansion of his past emerges, and he’s solicited funds for a documentary he is putting together. That’s Jupiter (resources) and Neptune (film). Jupiter expanding the Scorpionic recesses of his home life, will re-emerge. The Two Corey’s began shooting on December 4th, 2006, which means that contracts were signed and pre-production took place at least six months prior to the start of filming. Jupiter would have been in Scorpio, transiting Feldman’s 4th House, where it is now, as he once again mines his past, this time getting money to shoot a film about his experience with abuse.

When that conjunction of Jupiter/Neptune is really examined, it’s the tap-root for all of Feldman’s crisis/issues, the squares to Mercury and Mars, and the opposition to Saturn. While I would not dismiss any of Corey’s revelations of abuse, the bigger question here is; What happened at home? Was his deeply entrenched in the music biz father not only aware of what was taking place, but was there perhaps something more going on? Did Corey Feldman emancipate at fifteen because he wanted to get away from the Scorpionic nest of his home life and early upbringing? Were there sacrifices and deals made that are commonplace in Babylon west?

If he is going to do a real, hardcore documentary on his abuse, I’m not sure if he can leave his home and his personal history out of it this time without being able to portray the entire picture. Will we get the real story about Feldman and his occluded past, or will we get the scraps?

There’s much more to Feldman than his emergent narrative suggests. Who he associated with, and even deals that he might have to go back on in order to bring his version of the truth and reality to light would have to be a part of project, for Feldman and the rest of the world to get the full story.

In typical Hollywood fashion, the cult of copyism, Lifetime has announced that it is doing a biopic on the “Two Coreys” where the cinematic wipe of their lives can take place, whitewashing the other celluloid version that the two of them actually lived through. Also, notice the timing of the announcement, taking place on a Mercury retrograde, so we’re looking back on their lives......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36December 16, 2017 1:34 PM

They were both adorable kids. Sad story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 16, 2017 4:51 PM

Lady with the pixie haircut is supposed to be Carrie Fisher who had a talk with Feldman on The 'Burbs.

Guy whispering in Haim's ear at 27 seconds is clearly supposed to be Dominick Brascia.

by Anonymousreply 38December 16, 2017 5:05 PM

This is Lifetime. So why am I not surprised about this? Because they're making a movie about the life and death of Bobbi Kristina Brown.

And yes Whitney and Bobby will be making appearances too

by Anonymousreply 39December 16, 2017 5:30 PM

Good job, gumshoe R38.

Fisher was excellent in THE ‘BURBS, and she looked wonderful as a blonde.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 16, 2017 5:35 PM

In more whimsical moments I like to imagine Haim’s ghost palling around with Feldman still, like Mike Damus did with Corbin Allred on that old ABC sitcom ‘Teen Angel’. The Two Coreys just doing all the goofy shit they used to, because not even death can break up a friendship so strong.

The only catch would be that no-one else sees Haim, so everyone around Feldman thinks he is losing his mind when he talks to Haim ie. what they’re seeing as thin air.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2017 12:10 AM

Get some fresh air, R41

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2017 2:36 PM

R@ Isn't Haim supposed to be the better looking one?

by Anonymousreply 43December 17, 2017 3:24 PM

Haim was considered beautiful in his 20s, and even with heavy health complications there was some magnetic quality he kept.

by Anonymousreply 44December 17, 2017 4:14 PM

[Quote] He’s currently crowdfunding for an independent movie project of his based on his book ‘Coreyography’,

Good God 😕

by Anonymousreply 45December 17, 2017 4:56 PM

R18 Who is that girl? OMG Heather Graham's face deserves its own thread.

She'll need two actresses for this on. One for pre op and one for post op.

by Anonymousreply 46December 17, 2017 5:09 PM

Will they show the Charlie Sheen rape scene?

by Anonymousreply 47December 17, 2017 5:14 PM

bumneljif

by Anonymousreply 48December 18, 2017 12:51 AM

R46 it’s likely Graham lost contact with both Coreys post-LICENSE, so they don’t need to worry about two actresses. For a decade or so (pre-internet/IMDB) Heather lef the film off her resume in shame.

by Anonymousreply 49December 18, 2017 11:00 AM

why R49? License is a delightful film.

by Anonymousreply 50December 19, 2017 11:17 AM

Can we turn R47 out of the herd, please? He’s embarrassing & crass.

R34 I’m dreading the scene between Feldman & MJ. There’s no way to make that play out well.

by Anonymousreply 51December 21, 2017 5:00 PM

Man, this will be a Happy New Year...

by Anonymousreply 52December 21, 2017 10:44 PM

They made Haim's gold '222' pendant about 5x too large. It's going to be a plot device, isn't it?

Will we get to see the Coreys exchange their matching Tiffany rings they got each other during their reality show?

by Anonymousreply 53December 27, 2017 12:00 AM

How did there end up being two actors the same age at the same time with the odd name Corey?

The little boy in the70s novel FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC was named Cory, as well.

Why was this name suddenly en vogue??

by Anonymousreply 54December 27, 2017 12:15 AM

[quote] How did there end up being two actors the same age at the same time with the odd name Corey?

It was the 80s, and they’re Jewish.

The weirder part is how these two child actors of the same age with the same name became so close, in spite of their constant headbutting over auditions for roles and their totally disparate backgrounds. On paper they should have been bitter enemies like M & G, or at least Bette & Joan. But they fell in love..

by Anonymousreply 55December 27, 2017 11:29 AM

When does Jerry Mathers show up and get him fired off of Still The Beaver?

by Anonymousreply 56December 27, 2017 2:24 PM

Finally, the film that answers the question: “so, what’s up with the Youth?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 27, 2017 2:28 PM

"On paper they should have been bitter enemies like M & G, or at least Bette & Joan."

Too bad Haim didn't live long enough to do a Whatever Happened to Baby Jane remake with Feldman

by Anonymousreply 58December 27, 2017 3:13 PM

The double dildo scene is hot.

by Anonymousreply 59December 27, 2017 3:35 PM

Just because a person’s dead, doesn’t mean they’ve changed, R58.

by Anonymousreply 60December 27, 2017 6:51 PM

[quote]R55 It was the 80s, and they’re Jewish.

I think the name Corey has Irish origins, tho. (The Gaelic "coire")

by Anonymousreply 61December 27, 2017 8:42 PM

Feldman just gave a statement to clear up confusion over the ‘two movies’ problem.

According to him, this Lifetime is a G-rated dry-run version of the movie he wants to make in the coming year. He doesn’t say why he signed on to this project first or so easily allowed it to go into production bunt the implication is that he needed the cash and didn’t have the clout to say “no”, so just threw up his hands and tried to wrest as much creative control back as he could.

He doesn’t seem entirely unhappy with the outcome of the Lifetime movie, either. Personally I think making the illicit sex/drug use/abuse more implicit than explicit as Feldman wants to do is a more sophisticated & scary way to portray the events. But hey, whadduino, he’s the actor/director/writer/producer and I’m just some nobody civilian....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 30, 2017 12:50 PM

Corey needs to die in a fucking grease fire already. So now he's implying that this was not the story he gave or wanted to tell but he was somehow tricked by them and went along just to get money to fund a movie to tell the "real" story? How many times will this asshole talk about but not tell the "real" story? The wrong Corey died.

by Anonymousreply 63December 30, 2017 3:24 PM

All Coreys should die

by Anonymousreply 64December 30, 2017 11:24 PM

Even Corey Parker and Corey Hart?

by Anonymousreply 65December 31, 2017 1:44 AM

Is Feldman really trying to tell us that he turned down sex with gorgeous Haim?

I ain't buying that.

by Anonymousreply 66December 31, 2017 1:57 AM

That part of COREOGRAPHY caught my attention too, R66.

Feldman claimed on Larry King in around 2006 that he is a “sex addict”. He’s been written about in countless tell-all bios from insiders as a swinger, a bisexual and someone really into orgies & voyeurism from young. He also clearly favors “beautiful people” as sex partners. How does all that jive with his assertion that sleeping with his beautiful best friend (and possibly one of the only people at that time who genuinely loved him) was a repulsive idea that he thought was “wrong”? (His word, not mine).

If he became celibate, monogamous or totally avoidant & picky post-trauma then I could totally understand that reaction. But would a sex addict react like that? The only reasonable explanations for sexually-active & promiscuous teenage Feldman turning down Haim are extreme homophobia; fear of intimacy; or a fear of contracting something (and how big of a hypocrite would he have been?). Feldman can’t even argue that they weren’t attracted to each other, it’s clear as day in all their movies.

by Anonymousreply 67January 2, 2018 4:45 PM

R20 Heather Graham is currently shilling online casino services in the U.K., and she doesn’t look a day over 32. Glam, too.

by Anonymousreply 68January 3, 2018 8:19 PM

[quote]R268 Heather Graham is currently shilling online casino services in the U.K., and she doesn’t look a day over 32. Glam, too.

When I met Heather Graham, she was wearing no makeup...and probably the most beautiful woman I ever saw in person. Just [italic] suptuous [/italic] skin, hair, eyes, lips....EVERYTHING.

The next most beautiful I met was Drew Barrymore when she was 15 or 16. LONG heavy blonde hair and creamy skin, beautiful features, HUGE jewel-colored eyes. Breathtaking.

They both won the genetic lottery.

by Anonymousreply 69January 3, 2018 9:51 PM

Ooops, I meant [italic] sumptuous, [/italic] above.

not "suptuouse"

by Anonymousreply 70January 3, 2018 9:53 PM

The long 2-minute trailer just came out.

The first minute makes it look all fun & sparkly, there are quips and cute dates references and the Coreys have a pillow fight and run down the beach Baywatchly and go to the Playboy mansion and gape. It’s unbearably cheap.

Has Phil Collins contributed a song....?

They seem to have tic-tacs as prop pills.

Movie! Feldman’s hair is somehow more atrocious than the real one’s.

Bystander, watching Feldman dance: “Where’d he learn to do that? Haim: *yelling* “MICHAEL JACKSON”

The only thing they got right is the 80s penchant for neon light and stupid fashions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71January 3, 2018 10:21 PM

On the plus side, Lifetime has included the scene of very wispy & very despotic Joel Schumacher shitcanning Corey Feldman from LOST BOYS for a day because Feldman was whining too much about the work.

by Anonymousreply 72January 3, 2018 10:24 PM

I'm having a Friday the 13th marathon (on part 8 now) and was disgusted watching part 5. This is Dominic Brascia- one of the actors feldman introduced to haim who continuously raped haim. What a disgusting pig. I can't say that Charlie sheen did or did not do something bad to haim but the truth of the matter is that DB DID rape haim according to haims mother (who caught them together and attacked him with a pool cue), feldman (who named him in his memoir) and haims friend Greg Harrison. My guess is that sheen may have had a hand in introducing haim to drugs. I hope sheen wins his suit against the national enquirer and this fat pig Brascia burns in hell. RIP Corey Haim

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73January 3, 2018 10:36 PM

The Rifftrax for FEVER LAKE is on Netflix.

Nowhere near the funniest Riff ever put to tape (that high praise goes to the X-MEN Riffs) but it is a warranted lampooning.

Haim is adorable in it, with his nosering & glasses & overlong sweater-sleeves & thick Canuck accent. He out-acts Mario Lopez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 4, 2018 12:26 PM

Why won't Feldman admit that he and Corey were fuck buddies? He doesn't have anything to lose.

by Anonymousreply 75January 4, 2018 12:53 PM

Because then dear R75 we’ll all be asking him the real questions, like why he didn’t treat Haim like someone he actually had a heart for? And when there are no answers to those questions forthcoming from Feldman, we’ll be able to add ‘closet Queen’, ‘homophobe’, ‘poor lover’ & ‘enabler’ to his veritable scroll of personal qualities.

The weird part is he already has admitted to...something, in a circumspect way, but the confessions were brushed aside in the melee over his abuse allegations (and how convenient). If you go to other ‘two Coreys’ threads in the archive you’ll see that other posters have mentioned a Wendy Williams interview where he admits that he & Haim “experimented, like all kids do” and quickly adds that “it’s not gay” (watch this get scrubbed from the Internet in 3..2..1...). If memory serves there are also anecdotes from crewguys, that hint at their possible sexual involvement around the time ‘License to Drive’ was in production.

Feldman would actually win a tiny shred of public sympathy back if he just told the truth plain about his relationship with Haim and subsequently apologised for ever making Haim feel ashamed. Everyone loves a tragic gay love story these days, and this story already has every other salacious attention-grabbing feature under the sun. He wouldn’t get sympathy from me as I already despise him for his famewhoring, creepy misogyny & covert spousal abuse, but there would be many who’d forgive.

Then again, I hope Feldman is telling the truth when he insists they didn’t ever go there, if only because it makes their movies seem slightly less sleazy and because Haim could have done better than Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 76January 4, 2018 3:48 PM

R76

Thank you for the response. A lot of what you said makes sense. Despite Feldman's fame whore ways. I think he genuinely cares for Haim and misses him quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 77January 4, 2018 10:26 PM

I was just getting all the vitriolic phlegm off my chest and ignoring insomnia R77, but I’m glad what I had to say struck a chord.

[quote] Despite Feldman's fame whore ways. I think he genuinely cares for Haim and misses him quite deeply.

I’m still in two minds about this, and I think I have been forever. It’s tough to take anything Feldman says at face value, even the ostensibly sweet loving words. It would be lovely to be able to say they were true.

Thinking about it from your perspective, perhaps part of the reason Feldman is so invested in a movie about ‘The Two Coreys’ is to keep Haim’s memory alive and not have to fully face the reality of his death.

by Anonymousreply 78January 4, 2018 11:32 PM

Let me also add that I don’t care how Feldman feels, particularly, because I don’t have sympathy for sociopaths.

There are plenty of other actors to support.

by Anonymousreply 79January 4, 2018 11:35 PM

Inquistr reports that Justin Ellings (young Haim in this movie) was a fan of the Coreys as a kid, because his mother introduced him to their filmography. He even had a ‘Goonies’ screening for his 9th birthday, which would have been in 2009; 2 years after ‘The Two Coreys’ reality show wrapped and the year before Haim died...

[quote] Ellings also recalled the stories Feldman would often tell about Haim whenever he came on set. Feldman even claimed Justin reminded him of Haim and that the two shared similar personalities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 6, 2018 4:32 PM

When does this air?

by Anonymousreply 81January 6, 2018 4:45 PM

By LA time it’s on in about 10 hours, R81.

by Anonymousreply 82January 6, 2018 5:03 PM

bumping

by Anonymousreply 83January 6, 2018 11:30 PM

I feel like feldman has never really accepted Haims death...He just seems kinda lost, mind you they both always did seem that way. Probably why they stayed friends even when their relationship seemed to be pretty toxic at times.

by Anonymousreply 84January 7, 2018 12:18 AM

This is pretty good. The Haim kid looks eerily like C Haim. Glad to see Patrick Muldoon (playing Feldman’s dad) hasn’t lost his hotness.

by Anonymousreply 85January 7, 2018 12:37 AM

Damn. Missed the first hour.

by Anonymousreply 86January 7, 2018 1:04 AM

The actor paying corey feldman looks more like john cusack

by Anonymousreply 87January 7, 2018 1:08 AM

Watching this movie and Corey's friendship with MJ, convenience me that Feldman is Prince Michael real Dad

by Anonymousreply 88January 7, 2018 1:16 AM

Oh this older corey feldman actor really looks like feldman.

by Anonymousreply 89January 7, 2018 1:32 AM

So no mention of his marriage to Vanessa Marcil

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 7, 2018 1:38 AM

This change.org petition is interesting. Seems a good few hundred people, mostly old classmates & friends of Haim and his hardcore longtime fans, signed to say they did not want this movie to see daylight. They were roundly ignored, apparently

Will these same people try to stop the COREOGRAPHY movie as well?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 7, 2018 12:01 PM

Anyone got a stream of the movie that works in the UK (pref for the next 24h?)

by Anonymousreply 92January 7, 2018 3:21 PM

So Corey is trying to make his name now off of outing pedos yet he starfucks Michael Jackson the entire movie? Fuck this guy. The wrong Corey died.

by Anonymousreply 93January 7, 2018 7:22 PM

I hav no way to watch it rn either, R92. Probably that’s for the best considering it seems to be a cheap PR stunt, but I’ll confess my curiosity about it is raging..

@anyone who watched it:

Did this movie have Schumacher flame to an adequate degree?

Did any of the other ‘Lost Boys’ actors have lives or scenes? Especially Dianne Wiest?

Jason Robards & Piper Laurie...any mention?

Is the hotline mentioned at any point?

Was adult Haim mad at his dad in this movie, like he was IRL? If yes then why?

How much of the movie was dedicated to their later ‘reality’ years? And did ‘The Surreal Life’ get mentioned at all?

Did they show or mention Feldman’s vanity flop ‘Rock n’Roll High School’ sequel, or how he voiced Donatello in those freaky TMNT puppet movies? Or Haim’s cross dressing flick ‘Just One Of the Girls’? Or the ‘National Lampoon’ they did together? (all are guilty pleasure movies)...

Did Jamison Newlander get more than one line as the cop in this?

Was Drew Barrymore a character in it? Was Susie Sprague? Jami Gertz?

Was it at least tactful? (Tasteful would be too much to ask from Lifetime)

by Anonymousreply 94January 7, 2018 7:30 PM

R94 is a deranged lunatic

by Anonymousreply 95January 7, 2018 7:34 PM

[quote] ‘The Two Coreys’ runs two seasons, but sadly, it's not so great and Haim still has drug problems. Feldman offers to drive him to rehab, but they stop for margaritas on the way, as you do, and have a nasty break-up fight over nachos. Three years later, they meet in a random encounter at the Playboy Mansion. (Okay, maybe not that random. Where else would they be?) For old times's sake, the Coreys take a sentimental road trip back to the beach where they first met, watching the sun rise. Feldman muses, "We were pretty good together." Haim grins. "I was pretty good – you were all right."

Oh, it’s...it’s a romantic comedy, isn’t it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 7, 2018 9:35 PM

It was yawn inducing.

by Anonymousreply 97January 7, 2018 9:36 PM

I was looking for Jami Gertz.

by Anonymousreply 98January 8, 2018 12:47 AM

I fell asleep on it. Did they cover BLOWN AWAY, the boys’ Canadian softcore flick with Nicole Eggert?

by Anonymousreply 99January 8, 2018 12:48 AM

Pretty hot when Feldman let that guy go down on him.

by Anonymousreply 100January 8, 2018 5:56 AM

I take it nobody sang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 8, 2018 11:54 AM

Did Michael Damien’s ROCK ON play during the Dream A Little Dream years?

by Anonymousreply 102January 8, 2018 1:08 PM

The movie made me sad 😞Their lives really sucked...

The actors playing all the Coreys (young and old) were surprisingly not bad—pretty decent casting for this.

by Anonymousreply 103January 8, 2018 1:17 PM

R96 did you *see* ‘The Two Coreys’ reality show? Season 1 was a romcom, Season 2 a divorce drama.

In Season 1 Haim & Feldman broke up & made up around a dozen times, including in a hot tub and in a mall photobooth. In Season 2 they went to marriage counselling and went on literal dates. On one memorable outing at the bowling alley Haim told Feldman “get a strike if you love me, even just a little...one strike for your love”. Feldman guttered the ball and the whole season went to shit thereafter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 8, 2018 2:01 PM

R102 😂😂😂🙈🙈 I had totally forgotten that the Coreys were in that music video.

It was actually a halfway-decent cover. Damian helped Feldman produce his own first album after..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 8, 2018 4:00 PM

I still want to watch this, still can’t find it.

It’s on LifeTime.com but is only accessible to U.S. viewers and only til February, and no-one in Europe (or anywhere, for that matter) has uploaded the full movie to stream yet.

by Anonymousreply 106January 8, 2018 7:19 PM

r106 I am watching it now, streamed on my terrarium app.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107January 8, 2018 7:42 PM

I'm only twenty minutes in. This is dull.

by Anonymousreply 108January 9, 2018 1:12 AM

It makes Haim look like the unattractive one and it makes Feldman seem like he just went along for the ride. My friend who is an ex addict told me that many years ago in LA they approached her about scoring them some dope (heroin) and Feldman said if she would get it he would write her a check, she declined. Nice try, Feldman, my friend was a fucking hustler, she wasn't about to take a check for drugs.

by Anonymousreply 109January 9, 2018 1:30 AM

The kid playing Corey Haim pings

by Anonymousreply 110January 9, 2018 1:38 AM

Oh man, I will go down on both of them

by Anonymousreply 111January 9, 2018 4:05 AM

The guy playing Haim has a bear paw tattoo. Hmmm....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 9, 2018 4:13 AM

R112 I may have this wrong but didn’t the real Corey Haim have dog pawprints tatted on his arm/wrist?

by Anonymousreply 113January 9, 2018 2:46 PM

Haim also played a werewolf or was in movies prominently featuring dogs or wolves several times...

Double hmm.

by Anonymousreply 114January 9, 2018 2:47 PM

That's not a still from the movie. It's just a photo of the actor.

by Anonymousreply 115January 10, 2018 5:45 PM

[quote] My friend who is an ex addict told me that many years ago in LA they approached her about scoring them some dope (heroin) and Feldman said if she would get it he would write her a check, she declined.

I would have written this film with this anecdote as a basic structure, and I feel my version would have been less tedious that the final cut of ‘A Tale of Two Coreys’.

A ‘night in the life’-style plot would have distilled the story, and strengthened the dramatic effect of the weightier elements. We could have followed the boys on a single night drive in ‘89, tracking them minute-by-minute through the Valley looking for a party or a score and meeting various friends & shady characters along the way. This would eradicate the need for double-casting and a long timeline, and calls back to movies the two Coreys made together (‘License to Drive’, etc.).

Interspersed with the action we could have heard quiet private conversations between Haim & Feldman in their Ferrari or whatever, where they get into arguments and discuss their trauma with one another as the night wears on and they begin to fiend. This imbues the film with a clear & constant tension, and keeps the tone serious handling the grave subject matter.

Maybe a different title would have helped matters too, something less wordy & gimmicky, less typically LifeTime. How about just ‘Two’, referencing the Coreys favorite number and their basic life trajectory as an ‘odd couple’?

by Anonymousreply 116January 10, 2018 7:41 PM

Anyone here a Guild-member writer or producer, with +10 years of EXP? Feldman is currently looking to hire a screenplay writer & line producer for his proposed project, and wants to meet ASAP. The fee will be backend for the most part but there’s a few 100K upfront for grabs.

It sounds like the ball is rolling. While Feldman’s initial crowdfunding has had limited success so far, it has already paid for his legal expenses. There is a second campaign running now to cover pre-production costs if anyone wants to donate.

If every Dl’r posting today gave $1 he could have his film in the can by July, then we could say the gay community had a big hand in making it and so won’t have to feel guilty when we inevitably bitch about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 10, 2018 9:24 PM

Thanks for stopping by Corey

by Anonymousreply 118January 10, 2018 9:48 PM

Oh, ruins-the-bit guy R118.

by Anonymousreply 119January 11, 2018 9:17 AM

[quote] We're not supposed to be laughing at this movie. This is serious stuff. But why the slo-mo? The sappy music? Is this really how Feldman remembers it? Then there's Haim's speech where he said, "Your name is Corey. My name is Corey. Your an actor. I'm an actor..." It was interminably lame, even if the sentiment was sweet. Is this because Haim isn't around to fact-check any of his dialogue? He even wrapped with the words, "I finally see the world through your eyes and its a beautiful place." That line comes straight from Feldman's memoir, "Coreyography," but Haim wasn't around to fact-check that dialogue, either. Now, it's possible Haim really was that enamored with his childhood best friend. But it's also possible that Feldman has romanticized his memories, and in doing so created some rather clunky dialogue that doesn't sound like something someone would say ... to anyone.

....tru.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120January 11, 2018 3:06 PM

“I finally see the world through your eyes, and it’s a beautiful place."

Oh, fuck you, Movie.

No teen boy has ever said this to another teen boy out loud. Not even a gay teen boy with a crush.

This sentence has only ever been uttered on episodes of DOOL, or in trashy antebellum paperbacks.

by Anonymousreply 121January 19, 2018 11:08 AM

r121 yeah that line could possibly work if Haim died of leukemia at age 17 before he had a chance to be kicked around and see the world as shitty, but considering he was 38 and a bitter junkie, it just doesn't work.

by Anonymousreply 122January 19, 2018 3:24 PM

The Bonfire podcast had so much to say about this movie they did a two-part, three-hour episode lampooning it. That’s a longer runtime than the movie itself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 19, 2018 6:09 PM

Jay & Dan give ATOTC the tagline ‘One Man’s Rise to Awesome’, says it all right there (and when they compared Feldman to Dave Chapelle’s Antoine Fischer character). “It might be a made-up dream” is right.

*nasal Feldman voice* “These dance moves die with me.”

*nasal Feldman voice* (on bullies) “They wanted no part of what I was bringing.”

*nasal Feldman voice* (midway through his suicide attempt) “I can’t, there needs to be two. What if Michael gets injured?”, followed by *nasal Feldman voice* (picking up the phone to Haim) “I was just eating a GUN.”

Also, KISMET. And, “it’s such Fuck-energy” (betwixt both Coreys). ATOTC makes it seem like Haim is gay, not all that bothered by his traumatic rapes, and crushing on Feldman. The kid in this movie plays Haim too nelly.

by Anonymousreply 124January 19, 2018 11:41 PM

R103 tact? It’s seedy as fuck when it isn’t suggestively trashy or saccharine. I got mood whiplash & a stomachache seeing it. Only morbid curiosity saw me through.

by Anonymousreply 125January 20, 2018 12:24 AM

Yeah r125 I couldn't even finish it, I don't even think I got halfway through, I will watch the rest of it someday but it was pretty awful.

by Anonymousreply 126January 20, 2018 3:32 AM

R126 yeah, the subtle & charming homophobic overtone was a tough hang.

According to LifeTime & Corey Feldman, correlation equals causation and Corey Haim was definitely an insatiable pig bottom (as well as a catty, jaded, superficial person old before his time) because he’d been raped by many & several men. That’s absolutely how systemic sex abuse works...

Every movie has an internal question. The question here: ‘who’s the good guy, and who’s the gay guy?’. Guess the answer.

by Anonymousreply 127January 21, 2018 12:03 AM

My favourite Haim line...

[quote] (to Feldman) “[Joel] Schumacher’s gonna shit a brick and smash your skull in with it”.

I’m sure Haim never said this (or anything else in this movie) but he should have. And Schumacher should have done it, too.

by Anonymousreply 128January 21, 2018 2:31 PM

R87 younger Feldman in this movie looks more like Joan Cusack. Or a teenage soft-butch who’s still trying to find her look.

by Anonymousreply 129January 21, 2018 4:00 PM

R75 should chat with the fine gals over at LiveJournal (or is it Dreamweaver now?).

One quick search brings up a Corey/Corey fanfic which is equal parts horrifying & hilarious. “I just let Leukoplakia blow me” is just one golden line of Feld-dialogue from what is a surprisingly in-character scene of the Coreys hooking up half-heartedly because they’re sky-high & they’re bored. Then there’s all the ‘80s Brat-actor cameos!

Someone should turn this story into an indie short for Sundance, beat Feldog to the punch. Just change the names & places, there’s your movie. It could be like how HARRY + MAX technically wasn’t about Nick & Aaron Carter, but really totally was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130January 22, 2018 12:49 AM

Can you watch this online anywhere?

by Anonymousreply 131January 22, 2018 12:53 AM

Feldman is just trying to be famous like he was as a teen. Just like he has tried for years.

I have no doubt both of them experienced abuse. I have no doubt Feldman knows things. I 100% doubt Feldman has a genuine desire to take down predators or seek justice for his friend.

Feldman finally found something that gets him attention. The reality shows, the angels, the bands didn’t do it. This worked -Twitter suck ups praising his bravery non-stop and news time. He’s going to ride this until it dies - but never in a way to make real change - only in ways to talk about and praise himself.

by Anonymousreply 132January 22, 2018 2:26 AM

Couldn’t have said it better, R132.

Feldman is the hero of this film, and he made sure of it. It would have been interesting to see how even-handed it played without his script-fiddling and involvement as consultant on-set.

by Anonymousreply 133January 22, 2018 9:53 AM

The best part is that not only in life did it turn out Corey Haim was a much better actor than Feldman, but in this movie the kid who plays Corey Haim is a way better actor than the one who plays Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 134January 22, 2018 9:55 AM

R88 you DON’T understand. Feldman & Jackson were friends not because of the fame but because they GET each other. They’re both such good dancers, they HAPPEN to dress the same...it’s just coincidence. They’re kindred spirits.

by Anonymousreply 135January 22, 2018 10:54 AM

Of course Feldman is self interested but that doesn’t mean he has no other additional motives

by Anonymousreply 136January 22, 2018 10:23 PM

There’s a Corey x Corey kiss in this movie but it’s not the hazy hormonal near-one Feldman writes of in ‘Coreography’, because of course it’s not (that would be too gay).

In ‘Tale’ Haim quickly smooches Feldman over a diner table...platonically, and only to mock him as part of a discussion they’re having about MJ’s friendship with Corey (all roads in this movie must lead to MJ). The kiss is a little bit Scorsese in the execution.

Of course Haim is made to look like a bitch-on-wheels and a turboslut for doing it, even though a) he was fooling around, b) it was chaste & innocuous (no tongue!) and c) he had a very good point to make.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 22, 2018 10:43 PM

Indeed all roads lead to MJ r137, well said! I said something similar, this movie is like an obsequious homage to MJ and I don't understand Feldman's motives...do you think, does he think Paris and Blanket will break him off if he fights to save their "dad's" image? I just don't get it, all I know is that if Feldman is reading here, Corey you can make money saying he was a molester too! Start remembering things and dropping hints, I know you know what to do! Of course we know MJ liked good looking kids so he wouldn't have touched Feldman but I bet Feldman procured some kids for him.

by Anonymousreply 138January 22, 2018 11:29 PM

Kat Von D is credited as a still photographer. Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 139January 23, 2018 1:54 AM

[quote] There’s a Corey x Corey kiss in this movie but it’s not the hazy hormonal near-one Feldman writes of in ‘Coreography’. In ‘Tale’ Haim quickly smooches Feldman over a diner table...platonically, and only to mock him as part of a discussion they’re having.

It’s not even a kiss. Little Haim ‘kissy-faces’ at Feldman across the table like kids do when they’re talking about cooties, and then he goes to grab Feldman’s hand for some reason (which Feldman snatches away before he can like a scandalised princess lmao). That scene is well-acted, probably one of the best and most believable in the movie tbh, but I do agree it makes Haim erroneously look a spiteful queeny boy. .

And when did either kiss the other in Coreography? Guessed I skipped over that chapter. Do you mean the moment when Feldman says Haim is awkwardly putting the moves on him? I didn’t think they got that far.

by Anonymousreply 140January 23, 2018 8:54 AM

So they both dated Robyn Lively, only Haim just did it to fuck with Feldman’s crush on her? Just like Haim stole Feldman’s lead-role in ‘License to Drive’? Sure, Jan.

Thankfully Feldman is honest here about his obvious & entirely understandable jealousy of Haim’s looks & talents, and about how he was kind of a boring preachy dweeb about certain things like work.

Feldman losing his virginity is unintentionally funny. He gets coked up with a hippie drifter UFO-conspiracist girl who picks him on a freeway and she shows him how to fuck & do bumps. Shame this is juxtaposed with Haim drinking bongwater then getting raped by yet another greasy fat cornball handler (Feldman’s) which sends him into a manic-depressive spiral. If your heart doesn’t ache for Haim...

‘Tale’ makes acid and speed look like a blast with no hangover. I wanted to get fried as the Coreys after seeing it and I haven’t felt that since College. There’s also no sense that this movie sees much wrong with emancipated 16 year old kids dropping out of school to go clubbing every night, inhale coke & poppers like oxygen, spend weekends at the Playboy mansion & Neverland and befriend 30-somethings.

This indicts negligent grifty stage-parents more than rapists, pushers & enablers.

by Anonymousreply 141January 23, 2018 10:40 AM

Justin Ellings should earn accolades for his performance. He basically became Haim, down to the bone. He was more impressive and alive than anyone else in this film, and what’s more he made it look effortless. Based on ATOTC Justin is at least as good a teen actor as Haim himself was in life.

It was all in the little details, like how Ellings would frontflip onto furniture or punctuate his speech with weird hypnic jerks or grin in that crooked Haim-way. Ellings had almost every physical & verbal inflection down pat, even the open-mouth. If Feldman wants to remake this story he won’t find anyone to cast as a young Haim better than Ellings.

If the true intention of this movie was to extol Haim and show him in an a sympathetic light as Feldman claims, it ...worked, actually. You come to the end credits wishing you could go back in time and rescue Haim, then become his best friend. He’s adorable on a higher level.

by Anonymousreply 142January 24, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote] Too bad Haim didn't live long enough to do a ‘Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?’ remake with Feldman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 24, 2018 11:00 AM

Isn’t it old DL-lore that Patrick Muldoon, who plays Feldman’s scummy father in this Lifetime movie, is gay? And that he had a major longterm relationship with dentist?

by Anonymousreply 144January 24, 2018 1:17 PM

R144 that would be a scream if true, considering Feldman’s real-life dad was a hound-dog when it comes to the females (guess it runs in the family).

by Anonymousreply 145January 24, 2018 4:29 PM

It’s a sparse soundtrack they had here, but there are a few bops & bangers. They got the rights to ‘Cry Little Sister’, at least. There’s also ‘We Don’t Have To Take Our Clothes Off’ and John Waite’s ‘Change’.

OST Highlight: The Pointer Sisters ‘Automatic’, an underrated funk classic. Pity there wasn’t a better scene to use it in than the one where a snow-blasted Feldman is getting head from a girl in his Caddy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146January 24, 2018 9:18 PM

[quote] If Feldman is reading here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 25, 2018 10:52 AM

Matteo Lane hilariously points out that young Feldman in this movie “looks like a stunt-double for Designing Women.”

by Anonymousreply 148January 26, 2018 3:46 PM

R110 good catch, that’s deliberate. Now I’ve had a good week to think about this set-up, allow me to share some thoughts..

As far as anyone knows, IRL Haim didn’t ‘hook up’ with guys for fun. He got repeatedly raped by men as a child and was coerced into keeping these crimes a secret, with the threat of ruin & poverty hanging over him if he did not comply. Haim lived with that terror all his short life and consequently threw himself into dangerous & similar situations to escape his pain. He didn’t openly date men and any stories about him sleeping with men (reported here and elsewhere) are transactional in nature. It’s probable that Haim was conditioned to see gay sex as a traumatic & distasteful act he was forced to perform as a way to make money or keep his abusers appeased. Even if deep down he was a gay or bisexual man by nature, that natural nascent sexuality was brutally warped against his will.

If you take the disturbingly violent yet vague 3-second flashbacks out of the movie, this fictional version of Haim makes it sound like his first molester was a casual consensual fuck he only slightly regrets or is mildly embarrassed by rather than a monster he fears. As a 14 year old boy he talks about his abuser like he’s some 46 year old dude he met at a party on Fire Island while jacked up on Mollies. When talking to Feldman about this encounter (in a dissonant, cutely suggestive by-the-pool scene) this twinky sex-crazy interpretation of Haim seems more worried that Feldman will think he’s not into girls anymore than he is about his friend hearing of his rape.

Even worse, young Haim in this movie seems to get perkier & more comfortable with himself as time goes on and his repeated background-event molestation amps up. Until the film skips to the present decade (i.e. to the final 10 minutes allocated for exploring the Coreys’ adulthood) it’s written more like a comic period drama about a gay kid coming to terms with his sexuality than a serious study of a teenager falling apart because he’s a systemic sexual abuse victim. Notice how his character is dressed more and more like an underage hometown hustler as the film progresses, in twinkly studs & bandannas & tight tees & denim....

Finally, movie-Haim’s ambiguous relationship with movie-Feldman muddies the waters. This wouldn’t be an issue if we knew that they had hooked up in real life or that they did have feelings for one another, but it’s disingenous to suggest such in fiction then protest the idea in reality. There’s a slight but noticeable & disturbing implication in this film that Haim goes along with these older men so willingly in part because he wants to convince Feldman to give gay sex with him a try. Their friendship is a physically affectionate one that starts off brotherly & playful, but from reading the context it is always on the cusp of turning sexual. Their interactions are written with no space between them. There are a dozen longing jealous looks (from Feldman) and flirtatious comments & eye-flutters (from Haim). Haim here constantly heckles & baits Feldman about his sexuality as if he’s a gay boy making fun of a closet-case. It’s almost ‘will-they-won’t-they’ by the time we get to their club-kid montage scenes; in fact, in a short few seconds they are shown dancing up on one another like a couple.

It’s all cheap froth that has no place in a film about the horror of sexual violence that two (apparent) friends experienced. Reality check: some creepy perverted evil suit over three times Corey Haim’s age attacked him at age 13, to callously destroy his young life. That happened, in real life. This harrowing event fundamentally altered Haim’s mental state & psyche for the worse and prematurely ended his childhood in one blow. It’s not a ‘no big deal’ filler moment for shock-value or a minor characterisation point, as this movie glibly suggests.

I hope Feldman can do a better job. Consider that a gauntlet thrown down.

by Anonymousreply 149January 27, 2018 12:33 AM

Feldman did the job you saw r149, he's the one who thought up the movie and was of course the consultant. Give him 10 million though and see what he churns out.

by Anonymousreply 150January 27, 2018 1:26 AM

R128 Haim cheekily calls Schumacher ‘Chewbacca’ there, it’s very in-character.

The scene between Schumacher & Feldman plays like something out of THE OFFICE, down to the camerawork with tremors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 28, 2018 8:56 PM

Amy Adams as Wacko Jacko they have the same nose

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 28, 2018 9:08 PM

[quote]Now I’ve had a good week to think about this

You need help, r149. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 153January 28, 2018 9:13 PM

[quote] So they both dated Robyn Lively

She managed to score some major league cock for someone you get when you can't get Soleil Moon Frye or Jenny Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 154January 28, 2018 9:16 PM

R90 around the 45 minute mark I s2g I saw the Feldman character (aged around 17, I guess?) stumble out of a club kissing a girl who looked just like Vanessa Marcil. I have no idea if Feldman & Marcil even knew each other that young in real life, but this girl in the movie is an uncanny likeness. Maybe Feldman is banned from ever mentioning her explicitly by gag order as he glosses over her in his book, too.

Bonus trivia: Feldman’s current real-life wife Courtney appears in this movie, as a Bunny-girl tasked with welcoming the two teenage Coreys to Playboy Mansion. Not creepy at all. She fumbles her scene and nearly trips over another Bunny-girl because her heels are too clunky and the staircase is steep.

by Anonymousreply 155January 29, 2018 4:14 PM

R131 that story is as alternately disturbing & hilarious as ATOTC but has better quality writing.

The details are excellent. Of fucking course Feldman would have drowned himself in Drakkar Noir to go to Jami Gertz’s house party back then. Warhol crackers, smoking apples, Leaf & ‘Noni & Scott Baio (ew)...

Elements would have to be changed for our times and in light of recent revelations, though. The Coreys can’t be shown on film sharing a needle for a speedball on the side of the fucking highway, and Charlie Sheen can’t be shown rescuing a zonkered Haim from bullying or doing anything else heroic.

by Anonymousreply 156January 29, 2018 4:30 PM

^^^meant for R130.

by Anonymousreply 157January 29, 2018 4:31 PM

R155 Feldman’s frequent visits to Nosferatu at that fleapit Mansion didn’t help his already warped view of women. Corey looked up to Hefner like a beloved heroic grandfather figure, it’s disturbing. In several interviews Feldman has said he was “practically raised” at the Mansion which is unsettling but not surprising.

The hypocrisy is strong with this one. At least Feldman won’t get away with it all scot-free like that revolting shit Hefner did.

by Anonymousreply 158January 30, 2018 11:35 PM

[quote]R117 we could say the gay community had a big hand in making it

And why would gays want to be associated with a project that's about pedophilia, again?

by Anonymousreply 159January 31, 2018 12:10 AM

R146 it’s tragic that ‘Cry Little Sister’ is the only ‘Coreys’-related original song that Lifetime could obtain fair-use rights for.

In a different world we could have heard ‘Let the Good Times Roll’, ‘Goonies R’ Good Enough’, ‘Mercedes Boy’, ‘Crucial’, ‘Rock On’, ‘It’s the End of the World as We know it’, ‘Into the Mystic’, ‘I’ve Got Dreams to Remember’, a weird Dread Zeppelin number from that National Lampoon movie they did, maybe something from Liza (Haim did the TV movie ‘A Time to Live!’ with her in the early ‘80s) to name just a few...

We have to suppose that either Gerard McMann does not have strong catalogue rights to his music, or that Charlie Sexton/Dee Snider/L.A. Guns/Tangerine Dream/Seasons After/Aiden wouldn’t permit use their covers of ‘Cry Little Sister’.

by Anonymousreply 160January 31, 2018 11:24 AM

[quote] And why would gays want to be associated with a project that's about pedophilia, again?

Ask the sicko CMBYN queens.

by Anonymousreply 161January 31, 2018 4:27 PM

He’s planning on paying a writer over a hundred thousand dollars R117? I’m gay and I’m pretty skeezed out by this whole thing but I’d still write it for that money (I have rent I owe, before anyone condemns).

Honestly though there is no call for a tight expensive script, since apparently this story will be ripped straight out of Feldog’s Brain and slapped straight onto the screen. If the LifeTime schlockfest turned out ok with what appears to be very few notes then Feldman can get away with the same.

It’s all in the talent & tech, really. To conserve budget Feldman could audaciously recast some of the actors from the LifeTime film, and hit up contacts for access to certain locations. He knows crew who worked on his old reality show that would come back and film for him. He could even direct his movie without an Exec, just yell out what actors are supposed to say as he sashays around set doing nitrous hits.

You could do this movie on less than a mill. Come on. It just calls for creative thinking.

by Anonymousreply 162January 31, 2018 8:10 PM

Robyn Lively was cute as all get out, especially by late 80s standards.

I’d love to see what R154 looked like at 18 or 21.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 1, 2018 10:35 AM

Lively was better looking than either of the Coreys

by Anonymousreply 164February 1, 2018 4:50 PM

This movie was super *lifetimey* but it was ok. The kid playing Haim was great! He did an amazing job! I noticed that creep Brascia wasn’t in the movie...

by Anonymousreply 165February 1, 2018 7:52 PM

True that Justin Ellings gave it everything as teenaged Haim. He elevated the cheap pathos into something heartfelt & anguished. It’s a tough role to play any day of the week and Ellings sunk into it. It’s way to forget he was only just 17 shooting it.

Ellings should be proud of his work here, given it is his first major role and in a biopic. An auspicious starter performance.

by Anonymousreply 166February 1, 2018 9:56 PM

For verisimilitude the costumes needed bling, and there was not near enough sleeve-rolling going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 2, 2018 11:00 AM

Youtube user DownChunder has set clips from the Lifetime movie to the excerpts from the audiobook recording of ‘Coreography’, read by Feldman himself (is it common to VO one’s own memoir?).

I laughed like a banshee at the Mickey Mouse singalong counter over the “your name is Corey, my name is Corey” moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168February 7, 2018 8:42 PM

Omg R168 😂😂😂 this has me dying!

The starswipe is genius. The ‘Neeeeva Sureeendaahh!’ song by Feldman’s dad is amazing. Bonus Kate McKinnon at the end.

Hysterical that Feldman got his contributions booted from the DALD soundtrack (and sad. ‘Something in your Eyes’ was so fucking great). His bitchy diss song about MJ (‘Megaloman’)? class A.

I can believe Feldman was a smack addict at 16 with a $300 a day habit. That was a lot of xheeba for back then.

It’s way creepy though that Feldog has a cute silly voice he does for Marty, Haim’s molestor. And “the experience [of Haim’s abuse] somehow brought us closer”. Uhm what? I also don’t believe Feldman’s adorable meet-cute answer-Machine story about Haim; he’s looking down to the right (ie lying) as he tells it to the camera.

Officer:“Have you been drinking tonight?” CF: “I’m a Goonie!”

by Anonymousreply 169February 8, 2018 11:27 AM

Did Feldman really write about flirting and snuggling with Haim in ‘Coreography’? That’s what the voiceover sounded like.

by Anonymousreply 170February 8, 2018 7:31 PM

[quote] The ‘Neeeeva Sureeendaahh!’ song by Feldman’s dad is amazing.

A bitterly-ironic twist that this fictional parody song, a song written for this Lifetime movie that was intended to discredit Ed Feldman’s musical prowess, blows the majority of Corey Feldman’s contributions to music out of the water.

I hope Patrick Muldoon was really singing it.

by Anonymousreply 171February 8, 2018 10:26 PM

It has a 5.8 rating on IMDB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172February 9, 2018 10:03 AM

Stg I noticed cellphones in the pockets of the younger actors during certain scenes. This was so cheap and thrown-together.

by Anonymousreply 173February 9, 2018 11:57 AM

Corey F is a less mental version of Rose M. She maintains control by constantly naming names and criticizing others that were “complicit.”. Corey does it by never doing so and keeping everyone in suspense. The truth is he can’t give “the real story” because if he does the goose that lays the attention whore eggs dies. He has to stay out in front and control the narrative by dangling the Coreys True Hollywood Story and mystifying everything so the media keeeps coming back and paying him for yet another re-tread interview. I’m sure every time he promises to finally name names. But he will forever move the goal posts because it’s the only thing that keeps him from being completely irrelevant and disposable. The only person Corey F cares about us himself. Corey H and other kids he could keep from being molested are not important and in reality have just become talking points.

by Anonymousreply 174February 9, 2018 1:06 PM

This movie won’t ever work no matter the budget, and here’s why: the suffering of the Coreys is not comparable.

Any minor sexually violated by a legal adult is a victim of a crime who deserves justice, there’s no arguing against that. Both Coreys need to be vindicated. There is however a discrepancy of severity to consider between their separate experiences of rape.

Feldman & Haim are, respectively; someone who was victimised at age 17 by ‘friends’ with dubious consent, and someone who was victimised countless from age 13 by much older men with no consent. That’s the difference between a highschool grad and a junior-high freshman; the former is arguably already a young man with some sexual autonomy/responsibility, the latter still a boy with none whatsoever.

This film only drives that reality home. As comedian Dennis Falcone points out about the plot trajectory in ‘A Tale of Two Coreys’..

[quote] As a kid Haim was getting held down and molested by gross old men in brown suits & creepy, ugly chaperones; meanwhile teen Feldman had his beautiful 25 year-old male lover with soft hands...

by Anonymousreply 175February 9, 2018 11:42 PM

R122 Corey Haim spent 25 years gulping down vikes & ‘cets & Oxies like candy to numb the sensation after all the withered old dick he was forced to swallow, and even still the worst thing that ever went in his mouth was the dialogue in this movie (which his ‘best friend’ helped to write).

by Anonymousreply 176February 10, 2018 10:29 AM

R90 I kept my eyes open for Nicole Eggert, but she does not show up. Neither do the entire 1990s.

The film makes a bizarre timejump in the final Act, from 1989 to around 2005. It doesn’t really work.

by Anonymousreply 177February 21, 2018 4:21 PM

R144 there’s a Muldoon hookup story in the linked thread below, written in 2009:

[quote] Patrick Muldoon in 1996. I was a Freshmen at UCLA and worked at the Coffee Bean. He came in, chatted me up, and gave me his number. He just wanted me to suck him and he fingered my hole. He was also insistent that I swallow his load, which I did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 25, 2018 3:44 PM

That’s depressing, R178.

From Melrose and fucking hot Cali freshmen, to LifeTime movies and working for Corey Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 179February 26, 2018 1:02 PM

Why did Corey H mouth hang open like that

by Anonymousreply 180February 27, 2018 1:44 AM

r180 he was advertising for cock.

by Anonymousreply 181February 27, 2018 5:01 AM

^^That’s a little too far, come on now.

Sometimes it’s all too clear why what they say all that they say about us here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 182February 27, 2018 5:21 PM

At least there weren’t any incidents of drive-by stabbing in this movie. It had quite a wholesome ending for a sickening tale.

by Anonymousreply 183March 29, 2018 12:27 PM

If there’s any upside to Haim’s sad untimely passing, it’s that this bullshit has missed him.

by Anonymousreply 184March 31, 2018 11:58 AM

All I kept thinking through out all of this movie was "written and directed by Corey Feldman" so basically Haim got raped by old fat guys starting at like 11- up till 14/15 and Corey Feldman got his dick sucked from his personal assistant a decent looking guy in his early 20s ( who he lived with) when he was 17 and claims it was abuse!!

That ending speech that Corey Feldman claimed Corey Haim said "I see the world through your eyes and it's beautiful" that was such bullshit like all I got from this story is that Haim got passed around and raped as a child to old fat execs and Feldman had young men in their 20s who wanted him at 17. Like 17 really??? So a guy in his early 20s sucking you off at 17 is abuse get to fuck! I just felt sorry for Haim this whole movie he really threw him under the bus and the whole movie was another episode of "look at me I'm Corey Feldman everyone loves me"

by Anonymousreply 185May 1, 2018 2:07 PM

It was revolting hagiography, written completely backwards.

by Anonymousreply 186May 3, 2018 8:08 AM

But r185... this movie was not written and directed by Corey Feldman. One thought and that was off.

While chances are high that there are things Feldman doesn't want to/can't talk about, maybe doesn't even remember, chances are equally good that Haim was abused worse. Fits with all we've heard not just from Feldman. Why is that such a problem for people? One person was saying the film doesn't work for this reason. Huh?

by Anonymousreply 187May 4, 2018 6:28 PM

in R80 Haim is looking very disturbingly like MJackson.

by Anonymousreply 188May 5, 2018 1:37 PM

Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 189May 5, 2018 1:42 PM

I really can't stand Feldman! He needs to disappear

by Anonymousreply 190May 10, 2018 10:51 PM

TALE OF TWO COREYS is horrific start to finish, and it's better than WHITNEY. Get your shit together, LifeTime.

by Anonymousreply 191October 13, 2018 9:16 PM

ATOTC does a good job of making Corey Haim look like he was madly in lust with Feldman. I imagine it was the other way around IRL.

Justin Ellings is all over Elijah Marcano in every scene they share, presumably on purpose and given direction as what 17-old-boy makes a creative decision like that by himself? Even when in party scenes with cute/attractive girls Justin just drapes himself on Ellijah and gets up very close to him in a way that straight bros just didn't back in the '80s. Could be just Millennial-friendship bleeding through, though - Justin & Elijah got on well backstage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192October 24, 2018 9:41 PM

^^are those kids even Millennial, though? They’re at most 19 years old now, born sometime around Y2K. They’d be Gen Z.

by Anonymousreply 193December 31, 2018 7:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!