Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Vaguebooking: Crypitc, passive-aggressive posting on Facebook. Discuss.

I have a "friend" on Facebook. He's 41, hetero, divorced, father of two, assistant manager at a car dealership in a suburb of a midsize city.

You'd think someone at this age and station in life wouldn't be acting like a teenaged attention whore on Facebook but he does. I've considered unfriending him but I just can't look away.

Examples: memes about looking out for back-stabbers and being used and how you can't trust NOBODY; status updates like "feeling meh", rambling misspelled grammatically amiss acceptance speeches to all the people that have "stood by me"; etc., etc.

What's also baffling is these posts get "likes" and comments asking if he's okay, and he never explains what the fuck he's talking about. These people pandering to him are also way past high school.

What kind of personality does this, and what kind of personalities are taken in by this? Do you vaguebook? Do you respond to vaguebookers? Tell me about some vaguebook friend whose posts you love to hate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 13, 2019 1:26 AM

Uh. I have a friend like that. Single, heterosexual, in his 30s. More passive/aggressive hand-wringing than a teen girl. Surprisingly, he gets many people to like or comment on his woe-is-me posts. People who haven’t learned the pattern yet, I guess, or who are far nicer than I am. This guy, he’s a good guy. He’s just got too many expectations about life and people and he is disappointed so easily. And I say that as someone who suffers similarly, so I get it, but I don’t post about it because it’s self-indulgent, tiresome, pointless, and lame.

by Anonymousreply 1December 22, 2017 4:02 AM

Look at this theory, that "the only people who will 'like' and 'comment'" on a cryptic post "are those who want to sleep with you."

Makes sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 22, 2017 4:57 AM

I know a woman that does this . She's a desperate loser. Seriously. She posts things like, Jennifer Smith is feeling despondent . Jennifer Smith is crushed. Jennifer Smith is feeling lonely. People post back asking her if she is okay. She either doesn't respond or she responds and doesn't say much

At least once a week she desperately trolls for complements. She will put, Jennifer Smith is feeling pretty. A lot of her old lady friends and desperate guy friends (who probably only want to get in her pants) respond back that j, "she always looks pretty"

She's truly pathetic. I stopped following her after she revealed she's a big trump supporter about a year ago

by Anonymousreply 3December 22, 2017 5:32 AM

My friend is in her early 50s. She was widowed about 20 years ago and has been looking for The One ever since. No man will be able to replace her husband so her updates consist of being let down by men, men who show you who they really are, men who lie... Vague complaints about men. Then come the inevitable comments about how amazing she is and any man would be lucky to have her. My favorite status of hers was a nebulous complaint which was obviously about her grown daughter. Her daughter responded with, "Mom, I'm standing right next to you in the kitchen".

by Anonymousreply 4December 22, 2017 5:47 AM

You're an AMAZING woman, Jennifer Smith!

by Anonymousreply 5December 22, 2017 5:55 AM

This is one of the reasons I don't do FB, personally. I think I could resist doing it, but I admit it would be tempting to post something straight-up to them one day. Drama would ensue. And, of course, I'd be the arse for doing it. (I already know how this works.)

Frankly, it's the enablers that irritate the most.

by Anonymousreply 6December 22, 2017 6:07 AM

Eh, Fakebook is just a tracking device and information harvester anyway.

by Anonymousreply 7December 22, 2017 6:11 AM

But you're AMAZING, r6!

by Anonymousreply 8December 22, 2017 6:23 AM

Yes r7, we know. Big Fakebook is watching. But you know what else? You're an AMAZING woman!

by Anonymousreply 9December 22, 2017 6:25 AM

Something like this, posted with no comment, is just begging for likes and comments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 22, 2017 7:11 AM

Is your friend Tommy Wiseau?

by Anonymousreply 11December 22, 2017 7:28 AM

^ Why? Is Tommy Wiseau a divorced car salesman now?

by Anonymousreply 12December 22, 2017 8:06 AM

OP, that reads like a routine post on here. Are you sure he's straight?

by Anonymousreply 13December 22, 2017 9:29 AM

Yes, he's a straight bro. His gf recently moved out and he was already hooked up with some new woman.

by Anonymousreply 14December 22, 2017 3:09 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 22, 2017 6:04 PM

Reminds me of this Family Guy scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 22, 2017 6:19 PM

Unfriend NOW. Get out while you still can. He's sucking the life out of you and others in small increments. One day you'll realize it's serious. Do what I say. I'm a stranger. I have no agenda except my experience. DO. IT. NOW!!

by Anonymousreply 17December 22, 2017 6:41 PM

Are you saying this is an "emotional vampire" type of situation, R17?

by Anonymousreply 18December 22, 2017 7:12 PM

Unless you're getting some drunk sex out of him, I don't see why you still bother with him.

by Anonymousreply 19December 22, 2017 7:15 PM

Can you block those posts, OP?

If you can, it seems worth it to do so. People say 'it's just the internet', and yes, it is, but it can still affect one.

by Anonymousreply 20December 22, 2017 7:19 PM

Facebook did a great job of making me hate all of my friends. I'm embarrassed for the vast majority of them.

by Anonymousreply 21December 22, 2017 7:39 PM

<3 R5 lol

by Anonymousreply 22December 22, 2017 7:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 22, 2017 8:18 PM

Facebook friends are so 2010.

by Anonymousreply 24December 22, 2017 8:22 PM

My mother & sister both proclaim to HATE Facebook, yet both are constantly on it.

by Anonymousreply 25December 22, 2017 8:25 PM

New Year's resolution: DELETE FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. PERMANENTLY!

by Anonymousreply 26December 22, 2017 8:32 PM

When will people realize that no one really gives a shit about what you post on Facebook or Instagram. We read it, like it, and move on to the next person.

If you suddenly died tomorrow, you think any of your "friends" will actually show up to you funeral?

by Anonymousreply 27December 22, 2017 8:42 PM

R27, why do you "like" something if you don't actually like it? Really curious...

by Anonymousreply 28December 22, 2017 8:52 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29December 22, 2017 9:51 PM

^ Lol! If that story is true, even the pope does this childish stuff online.

That said, not everyone does this. What's different about vaguebookers from the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 30December 22, 2017 10:51 PM

He will rot in hell for doing that.

by Anonymousreply 31December 22, 2017 11:59 PM

I’m only use Facebook to masturbate to acquaintances when they post shirtless pictures in various contexts.

by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2017 12:26 AM

Linked here is a meme recently posted by said friend in my OP. This one happens to be grammatically correct at least, in spite of its melodrama.

This guy is an acquaintance and we haven't seen eachother or exchanged any communication beyond FB "likes" for years. He has like 300 "friends," many of whom I assume, like me, aren't regularly in touh with him. Whoever he's mad at can't possibly concern most of his "friends" on FB. What is going on in a mind like his, to think it's socially acceptable to cast these vague proclamations about how he's not gonna be anybody's fool anymore, out to hundreds of mere acquaintances? And what's funny is, he gets bites! People have "liked" and commented in this crap. I'd like to think the ones "supporting" him in his drama are closer to him and actually know what he's talking about, but maybe he also caught a few fish among his acquaintances too.

I'm not going to unfriend him yet. Like I said in my OP, I just can't look away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 23, 2017 4:14 PM

If one kept one's FB circle to only people one knew well, there wouldn't be any vaguebooking, just straight out "I believe X is damaging our relationship by doing Y". Only if one were a narcissist, or a crazy frau with somehow enough sanity not to post a truth like "I have to cut Belinda out of my life because she lost weight easily without exercise and I'm sweatin' like a sow doing squats and still can't fit into a size 12. I didn't like it when she posted the tape measure wrapping 30 inches around her waist and seven doctors' books when I told her weight loss without exercise was impossible or unsafe." As an oldster, I have to say this stuff went on in LiveJournal, and probably predecessors of FB (Orkut, Friendster, etc).

by Anonymousreply 34December 23, 2017 4:23 PM

[quote]Merry Christmas to everyone who stood by me this year. I'm so proud your all in my life. All the users and cheaters will get there Karma.

by Anonymousreply 35December 24, 2017 2:58 PM

My favorite are things like 🙏 please for reasons I won’t specify!

by Anonymousreply 36December 24, 2017 3:16 PM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 24, 2017 5:04 PM

You're an AMAZING man, Todd. I've always known it! Luv ya, hun! xoxo

by Anonymousreply 38December 24, 2017 5:05 PM

"beggers, lairs, ungratefuls..."

by Anonymousreply 39December 25, 2017 1:12 AM

Instructional passive aggression, so inspiring...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 27, 2017 1:09 AM

Another reason to have nothing to do with Facebook.

They all hate their lives but do nothing to change them. Not even their thoughts, or learning about something new.

by Anonymousreply 41December 27, 2017 1:28 AM

My uncle's second wife often posts VERY POINTED vaguebook statuses about his (admittedly worthless) kids from his first marriage...

"It would be nice if people realized that other people may be living on a small pension and Social Security, and are not actually bottomless ATMs ..." Etc.

by Anonymousreply 42December 27, 2017 2:55 AM

I HATE DRAMA!!!

by Anonymousreply 43December 27, 2017 2:19 PM

"They're so dramatic! They just make me want to...set myself on fire!"

by Anonymousreply 44December 27, 2017 2:39 PM

Like.

by Anonymousreply 45December 27, 2017 2:44 PM

I don't need a thousand other people's opinions or feelings every day, which is one of the many reasons I do not participate in social media. Why do that to yourself? It's a cacophany of mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 46December 27, 2017 3:00 PM

Some of those people probably have a good idea what he’s on about. In any case, yeah I got caught up in something like that. At first I was horrified, but slowly became acclimated as I rubbernecked. Run OP! While you still can....

by Anonymousreply 47December 27, 2017 3:08 PM

R17 is right.

I'm not on FB anymore, but when I was this kind of thing was so annoying.

"If one kept one's FB circle to only people one knew well, there wouldn't be any vaguebooking, just straight out "I believe X is damaging our relationship by doing Y"

^^ I don't believe that to be true. It's called "passive aggressive", and people you know can and will be passive aggressive.

I wish we could revert back to a time when we didn't have facebook. People were healthier in their interactions with others. Now if there is a problem, you read about it in some cryptic message, witness unfriending, blocking and ghosting and attention seeking status updates.

It's like - grow up already.

by Anonymousreply 48December 27, 2017 3:22 PM

My favorite are the fraud who get on demanding likes from their thousand followers or the are going to quit! Because they work so hard for us all and they are insufficiently appreciated! They get a flurry of likes and they stay

by Anonymousreply 49December 27, 2017 6:33 PM

*fraus

by Anonymousreply 50December 27, 2017 6:33 PM

Arrrgh! what next?

by Anonymousreply 51December 28, 2017 6:47 PM

Can I get a like?

by Anonymousreply 52December 28, 2017 9:08 PM

Quit being so fucking thirsty, Todd! And now will come the onslaught of "a lot of you on my friends list have never liked or commented on anything I have shared, for the new year I am culling my friends list, leave a one word comment on how we met or I will delete you" Have I ever commented on any of these fucking things? Nein! And yet, here I still am.

by Anonymousreply 53December 28, 2017 9:40 PM

[posts a pic of his kids from several years ago, when they were still little]:

I did something right.

by Anonymousreply 54December 29, 2017 4:23 AM

[quote] I wish we could revert back to a time when we didn't have facebook. People were healthier in their interactions with others. Now if there is a problem, you read about it in some cryptic message, witness unfriending, blocking and ghosting and attention seeking status updates.

It breaks my heart to see how lazy and ugly my friends and family's interactions are online. It seems to me they prefer their connections to be ugly and lazy online than to be strong and authentic offline, like it's an improvement to them. It isn't for me. I've told them FB is not for them to use, but for them to be used by FB and the entities who pay FB to use them. I've offered alternatives, which only a few take.

What makes them behave this way: electronic/social media addiction, or people deciding civility and honesty are too much work for their relationships?

by Anonymousreply 55December 29, 2017 5:28 PM

I used to love online interactions when they were mostly text. I got very deeply into issues with people I had never met. Of course, this was when the internet users were more educated.

I'm not sure exactly what made it the horror show it is now, but

1. Too much emphasis on visual images 2. Total inclusion so now it is either a dating/hookup service or the equivalent of the horrifying desktop published Christmas updates people used to send 3. The Like system.

I think the Like system did the most damage.

New Year's Resolution: Getting off Instagram. Only got on a year and a half ago. Do like seeing some creatives stuff online, but interactions are shit and do not bring out the best in people. Still, it's better than fucking FB which never hooked me. Thank god. No need to quit. Twitter is dead.

All my kidlet relatives just vlog to each other and stay off IG for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 56December 29, 2017 5:37 PM

Mastodon is a free, open source, decentralized microblogging network: its interactions are mostly text. The Mastodon users in my experience are more educated, and more marginalized. Mastodon instances for artists exist. Plus, one can use the #nobot hashtag in one's Mastodon profile to kick out bots.

Mastodon comes with effective anti-abuse tools to help protect yourself from online abuse. With small, interconnected communities, it means that there are more moderators you can approach to help with a situation. This also means you can choose who sees your posts: friends, your community, or the entire fediverse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 29, 2017 5:46 PM

Shana Stein? Is that you!?

by Anonymousreply 58December 29, 2017 5:51 PM

-R37- 'LAIRS'? Really!?

by Anonymousreply 59December 29, 2017 6:00 PM

I can't decide if I hate the vague booking more or the constant changing of the profile pic so people can comment on how "beautiful" they are

by Anonymousreply 60December 29, 2017 6:03 PM

I have a few of those. They’re all damaged and needy people.

The people who respond positively are saps who feel good about themselves for “being a supportive friend”. It’s a clusterfuck of codependency. Yay.

by Anonymousreply 61December 29, 2017 6:05 PM

I have a fake profile and my family thinks it's due to my eccentricity, but I really don't want to re-connnect with anyone from the past. If they are in the past there is a reason for it.

With my family I check in and Like in a random fashion so nobody knows if I am paying attention or not. This is to save hurt feelings. I have been on the internet for over 20 years and honestly Facebook has done more to destroy my real affection for my family members than anything else. Whoever said it was like a Christmas newsletter is spot on: the boasting you can't ever address cleanly, the narcissism, the passive-aggressive throwaway lines referencing things you have not been told about, etc.

by Anonymousreply 62December 29, 2017 11:09 PM

[quote] About the only thing i want to change in the next year is tonget away from all the needy, lazy stupid ass people that drain my soul.

by Anonymousreply 63January 1, 2018 10:36 PM

he wants you to come over to his house unannounced and ram a large black dildo up his eager hole

by Anonymousreply 64January 1, 2018 10:39 PM

I hate Todd.

by Anonymousreply 65January 1, 2018 10:42 PM

This needs to be more about me.

by Anonymousreply 66January 1, 2018 11:06 PM

I would go farther than R17 and say just delete your account...but don’t announce it because that’s also pretentious. I finally did it after deactivating and reactivating my account. Trust me, it’s better for your mental health.

by Anonymousreply 67January 1, 2018 11:23 PM

At this point, your only solution is to create an entirely new identity. I recommend you change your gender. And possibly race. Transition into a fiery Latina woman? You'll save money. No need to buy weaves. Just cheap wigs until your own hair grows out. And join a gang. Cholas are quite violent, especially to each other. But you will find sisterhood. A sense of purpose even. You sound so lost now. Change everything and don't look back. The old you is gone now. Perhaps it never existed?

by Anonymousreply 68January 1, 2018 11:53 PM

I'm a big ol' black woman on Facebook. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 69January 2, 2018 1:48 AM

I have a fake account with the dog's name and photos, maybe 10 friends tops, and I still get occasional posts like this. Glad to know there's a name for it.

by Anonymousreply 70January 2, 2018 3:15 AM

What are Todd's new year's resolutions?

by Anonymousreply 71January 2, 2018 3:20 AM

I tried to change accounts but then I have to give up the people I like and many goof memories (so they can’t find me again). That’s work. I can block some people but then it’s drama that will filter through to others.

I just opened a new fake account. It’s the most boring corporate looking account imaginable. It makes me laugh. I’ve already changed sex and race before - and ended up with a pack of latinas calientes as friends. Soft racism is out there.

by Anonymousreply 72January 2, 2018 3:36 AM

How do you get friends on Facebook with a fake account if people don't know who you are?

by Anonymousreply 73January 2, 2018 3:40 AM

They are people I actually know in real life, and I told them in person that the dog making a friend request was me. They all know me well enough that I didn't even have to explain why I wanted to remain relatively anonymous.

by Anonymousreply 74January 2, 2018 3:58 AM

Oh this just in on a vaguebook post:

"It's better to bruise the heart with a truth than to break one with a lie"

with a crying emoji and the words "so true!"

by Anonymousreply 75January 2, 2018 3:59 AM

[quote] What are Todd's new year's resolutions?

Direct quote from Todd today: My resolution. ..dont be average, be savage. (sic)

Todd has also been posting images of skulls and products featuring skulls (including what I linked here). Todd's profile imagery in general is heavy on themes of darkness, barbarians, vengence, warriors, roaring lions, etc., and lots of skull products I believe he hopes people will buy for him (skull mug, skull rug, black leather jacket with a big skull face on the back, etc.). In between all that firey He Man shit he posts pics of his daughters, especially from several years ago before they were preteens, with comments like "my little ones," which provides a bizarre contrast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 2, 2018 4:22 AM

I love this shit in a mean spirited way.

by Anonymousreply 77January 2, 2018 4:23 AM

I'm sure that your Facebook friend is telling you the truth, OP.

Honestly.....

by Anonymousreply 78January 2, 2018 4:25 AM

I know a few single het guys in their early 30s who post about the most ridiculous shit. One of them posts memes about his emotional problems constantly and always talks about his "emotionally abusive" ex girlfriends. He also seems to take frequent "mental health days" meaning he's feeling sad and is too much of a weak ass bitch to suck it up and get on with things. The other one who I believe is 33 or 34 posts about how his parents don't understand him and he wishes he was dead. Also when the whole me too thing happened he was complaining about how men have been harassed and molested too and women were turning it into an exclusionary thing based on gender. According to him these women were just as bad as abusers. He made a few rambling posts about how everyone is a scumbag who only cares about themselves and deactivated his account for a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 79January 2, 2018 4:30 AM

More from Todd today: this morning I saw thar he'd anger-posted some vague complaint about how he's DONE and not taking it anymore, and several people commented asking what's wrong. Now the post has disappeared and he's "in a relationship" and people are asking with who and he replies with "my angel."

It's so bizarre that in spite of all the dark, thundering hypermasculinity he displays as his FB persona, he's an attention-seeking drama queen in reality. I cringe but can't look away. People betray themselves on FB over and over for all to see.

by Anonymousreply 80January 2, 2018 4:38 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81January 2, 2018 4:45 AM

I love it r80! Todd is that fucker we all love to watch for his dumb drama, keep it coming, I hope 2018 is Todd's year!

by Anonymousreply 82January 2, 2018 4:45 AM

I love the trashy freaks who post the truly disturbing relationship memes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83January 2, 2018 4:51 AM

I'm here for you Todd <3

by Anonymousreply 84January 2, 2018 4:56 AM

I'm here for Todd as well. Thanks for the laughs, OP, and please keep it coming.

by Anonymousreply 85January 2, 2018 5:01 AM

r83 Ouch, don't cut yourself on that edge!

by Anonymousreply 86January 2, 2018 5:06 AM

Jennifer Smith is feeling distressed

by Anonymousreply 87January 2, 2018 6:01 AM

So true

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88January 2, 2018 6:14 AM

New year, New friends List! I have already started the cuts

by Anonymousreply 89January 2, 2018 6:45 AM

R88: Oscar Wilde died in 1900. Very few ‘fancy cars’ in his day. Needs quote check.

by Anonymousreply 90January 2, 2018 6:56 AM

I have a family member whom I usually keep muted on FB because she's been guilty of this. It got too fucking annoying. Couldn't figure out why her life sucks, but will take no advice on how to improve it. Perfectly contented to let you know she's spending the day in bed, alone. She works in elder care, and posts about the death of every patient as if they had a very deep bond and she is crushed.

Recently got engaged and I find that I can't be happy for her--I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and the return to Woe.Is.Me!

by Anonymousreply 91January 2, 2018 12:43 PM

Who the fuck is Todd?

by Anonymousreply 92January 2, 2018 1:08 PM

R90: Yes, that’s the joke.

by Anonymousreply 93January 2, 2018 1:23 PM

[quote]Who the fuck is Todd?

The gentleman referred to in the original post. It's not his real name though.

by Anonymousreply 94January 2, 2018 7:06 PM

I know a woman like this. Changes her profile pic every other day. Over the Xmas holidays, she posted about a woman she supposedly knew in the late 60's who was on one of the hijacked airlines sometime back then. Claimed the woman was her best friend. The story she posted from the newspaper says the woman was from Canada and had spent the summer before she became a flight attendant in SF. She was only in SF for a month before she was to begin her job as a flight attendant. My friend didn't even live in SF at the time and I have known her in real life since 2000. She has never mentioned the woman to me, much less as her best friend. She also posts vague complaints for attentiion. She has been diagnosed with clinical narcissism and has been on disability for it since 1990. She lies too much to hold a job.

by Anonymousreply 95January 2, 2018 7:48 PM

^ You can get disability for "clinical narcissim?"

by Anonymousreply 96January 2, 2018 9:39 PM

Yes, [R96] you can after appeals and having a diagnosis. She could not hold a job.

by Anonymousreply 97January 2, 2018 9:42 PM

Johnny Depp isn't just full of booze. He's full of wisdom too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 2, 2018 11:36 PM

Yes r83! Usually posted by a woman whose bf cheats and/or beats her, in a pathetic attempt to present herself as being an equal match for him, that she's got him on edge all the time. Psh!

Cuz me and my man have such a unique special cray cray romance that nobody else could ever understand! CRAZY LOVE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 2, 2018 11:41 PM

Another great one a woman who's been cheated on usually posts

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100January 3, 2018 12:19 AM

Todd's profile pic.

He should've whispered to the devil, "you're."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101January 3, 2018 12:29 AM

Good one r100. Along those lines, there's a woman on Instagram posting selfies every other day and many times she writes something about how nobody knows what's going on behind the smile, how she suffers silently, etc. Then she'll post a meme about men who cheat. Psh! Not so mysterious after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 3, 2018 12:38 AM

Nobody can ever know the true depth of unique pain, feeling and being that is Jennifer Smith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 3, 2018 12:40 AM

We all know NOW, Jennifer!

by Anonymousreply 104January 3, 2018 1:07 AM

Todd is on a rampage today!

Changed his profile pic to a selfie in the car wearing sunglasses, unsmiling of course.

He appears to be playing Facebooks "answer questions" game. Here's what he's posted over the last several hours, verbatim:

[quote] The first thing I notice about other people is... They dont give a shit bout anything but themselves. ..and to elaborate. ..they arent worth, deserve, or worked for the ridiculous demands of respect and cash they think their sorry unproven ass deserves. To be real.....thats all so fucking true.

[quote]Social media has helped me...

Realize how shallow and fucked up these dumb ass youngsters are ..real talk

[quote]The last selfie I took was… Fuck selfies im a man

I guess he forgot his profile pic is a selfie.

[quote] I discovered that I’m really good at… Making shitty selfish people feel better about themselves, ...word

[quote] If I could visit another planet, I'd choose... Anywhere with out humans

Where would all these selfish, shitty people BE without Todd???

But the good news for Todd today, is that some woman bought him a big tacky, vulgar, skull face watch. He's "very thankful" to her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 3, 2018 8:44 PM

Todd sounds semi retarded. I know some ugly old guy who friends random Filipino women who openly ask him for cash on his newsfeed. Very amusing!

by Anonymousreply 106January 4, 2018 8:09 AM

I can’t stop coming back to this thread. I’ve blocked all of my annoying relatives on Facebook so I can’t contribute, but please keep the inspirational posts coming!

by Anonymousreply 107January 4, 2018 12:06 PM

^ Well unblock them. You're missing out!

by Anonymousreply 108January 4, 2018 4:32 PM

[quote]Yes, [[R96]] you can after appeals and having a diagnosis.

Is this in Canada?

by Anonymousreply 109January 4, 2018 4:57 PM

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best!

by Anonymousreply 110January 4, 2018 7:51 PM

[quote]Now I'm watching the ones who will have the time to read this post until the end. This is a little test, just to see who reads, and who shares without reading. If you have read everything so far, select "like" so I can put a thank you in your profile.

Your true friendship is being tested! It's not enough that you "like" my post, you damn well better read all five paragraphs and follow my instructions exactly. Otherwise, you are just another hater!

by Anonymousreply 111January 4, 2018 8:07 PM

^ My 60-year-old uncle recently posted one of those. I think he believes it's a commentary on people "not reading enough "anymore and being "too focused on pictures." It's funny because he, himself, is not much of a reader from what I know, and obviously can't identify writing that's actually worth sharing vs. a chain letter written by a junior high school girl.

by Anonymousreply 112January 5, 2018 1:32 AM

This really trashy obnoxious bitch I know has had this as her Facebook cover for years. It cracks me up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 5, 2018 2:01 AM

^ Psssshhh! Nobody's trying to scale your wall, hun.

by Anonymousreply 114January 5, 2018 2:13 AM

It seems many of Todd's "likes" and comments are coming from his underlings at the car dealership where he works.

by Anonymousreply 115January 5, 2018 3:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 7, 2018 3:15 PM

Wow -- my vaguebooking aunt just posted a classic, aimed at her stepchildren who ignore their father...

[quote]Maybe your parents are getting older. Maybe all they want out of life is a single phone call to let them know you're OK and inquiring about their health (not just asking for money). Maybe they seem fine on the outside, but they're in great pain on the inside. Maybe they don't have much time left on this earth and they don't want much, just to know that you love them.

It was followed an hour later by a post saying "Unfriending some people today. Today it's Facebook, tomorrow it may be real life."

by Anonymousreply 117January 7, 2018 7:42 PM

^ Haha! And in the process this goes out to all her casual acquaintances, who will no doubt understand completely why these stepkids are keeping away from her. But SHE will never fathom it.

by Anonymousreply 118January 7, 2018 7:59 PM

The proliferation of old people on FB completely ruined it. Done with it!

by Anonymousreply 119January 7, 2018 9:41 PM

[Quote]I have a fake profile and my family thinks it's due to my eccentricity, but I really don't want to re-connnect with anyone from the past. If they are in the past there is a reason for it.[/quote]

This is exactly why I'm not on it, but these hilarious posts make me think I'm missing out on some family drama I can use in a story....

by Anonymousreply 120January 8, 2018 12:04 AM

I like the ugly girls who post the selfies with massive filtering and shitty song lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 121January 8, 2018 4:02 AM

Todd was up at 4 a.m. bemoaning that nobody knows his whole life story:

[quote] Thinking bout the fact that I don't have a single person in my life that has known me for more then a few years, everyone I grew up in california with was 19 years of my life that basically no one ever cared enough to ask about and the last 20 years of my life have been filled with every random social circle I happen to find myself in which I didn't really belong....guess I just feel like no body really has a clue about my life...how I got here or where I have been and the older I get the more I realize no one cares or believes the story's about my life because the people that where there my friends...the people I grew up with...don't exist to anyone I have met after I left California....and vice versa...sorry for the rant but honestly feeling like there isn't a person on earth that knows me and been thru all of it.....gets to a point when you just stop talking about all of it....I think I just hit it,...time to just smile and nod.......No one even asks anymore...feeling old.

Reminder, this guy is in his early 40s.

by Anonymousreply 122January 8, 2018 4:22 PM

Funny, I find it comforting to know there are chapters of my life that are known only to me unless I care to share them. It doesn't make them any less real or valuable. Poor Todd is advertising his weak sense of self for all to see.

by Anonymousreply 123January 8, 2018 4:32 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 8, 2018 6:33 PM

Todd is "feeling happy" today. I'm guessing because he got a lot of likes and comments on his Nobody-Knows-Enough-About-My-Life rant.

by Anonymousreply 125January 8, 2018 9:08 PM

I known a guy in his 40s who posts constantly I mean constantly. Sometimes if you go look a him timeline he'll have like 6 posts with the same timeline. All o them are half naked women from fantasy drawings, shitty music videos and lame quotes, He also changes his profile picture once sometimes twice a day. He lives at home so i'm not sure if he really works

by Anonymousreply 126January 8, 2018 10:10 PM

losers!

by Anonymousreply 127January 8, 2018 10:10 PM

R126 - And you're obsessed with him because?

by Anonymousreply 128January 8, 2018 10:22 PM

For all the women who rock the Schlitze look

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 8, 2018 10:44 PM

the opposite of vague: 2012 was a biggg year for me. I left my amazing job at NBC to move back to Chicago. I started dating my angel, Jaime Holland. I started yoga (thanks Jake Fisher & Jonah Perlstein!). I wrote an album with Matthew Johannson. Wrote another album I’m proud of. I got to hang with Owen Wilson, and worked with Will Ferrell on an amazing project. Had a conversation about Barack Obama with David Gregory. Danced. Joined a kickball team. Won a couple awards. Helped my sister plan her summer trip. Swam a lot. Golfed a little. Cried more than you would think. Read The World According to Garp. Saw Apocolypse Now. Went to Miami for the NBA Finals. Drank the best orange juice I’ve ever had with Davey Welch. Tweeted. Went to amazing weddings in Upstate New York. Drank a ridiculous amount of milk. Learned how to make sand art. Saw a great light show. Saw the Angels and Lakers. Fell in love with Jawbone Up. Cooked with Jaime. Gardened with Jaime. Watched Homeland with Jaime. Wrestled with Jaime. Laughed for hours with Jaime. Fell in love with Jaime’s family. Worked on a play. Played World of Warcraft. Did some improv. Played a ton of the guitar. Really just had a wild, amazing year. What a world.

by Anonymousreply 130January 8, 2018 11:14 PM

[quote] And you're obsessed with him because?

yes we KNOW you can block/ignore these people. the point of this thread is to laugh about it.

by Anonymousreply 131January 8, 2018 11:16 PM

most mediocre people are inherently nosy, facebook is filled with mediocre people, image crafting, virtue signalling and nosying around other peoples pages. vague statuses are basically clickbait, they are trying to elicit a response from people brought on by nosiness. even "gonna clean up my friends list today" is basically pay attention to me now or i might have to unfriend you. mediocre people are desperate to look like they have a lot of friends so will probably respond with a "you ok?" just so they don't get unfriended. pathetic games stupid mediocre people play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132January 8, 2018 11:32 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 8, 2018 11:41 PM

wow r130, you are #blessed.

by Anonymousreply 134January 8, 2018 11:41 PM

Gross I actually saw this on someone's wall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135January 8, 2018 11:49 PM

I just blocked a relative on facebook for literally posting about every moment of their day, right down to pictures of the food he was eating. If he or his wife went out, I would receive status updates. Life is too short for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 136January 9, 2018 12:13 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137January 9, 2018 12:52 AM

[quote]these hilarious posts make me think I'm missing out on some family drama I can use in a story....

Two words: proxy account. Set up one under an alias and let the fun begin! I use mine to join groups that my lame relatives would find objectionable and endlessly comment on.

Btw, you don't have to go to the extreme of blocking people, most of whom eventually figure out that you have done so. Merely "unfollow" them, keeping their inanity out of your feed but allowing them to see your posts and think that you see theirs. This works well for aunties and orher delicate flowers whose feelings would be crushed by someone blocking them, and that you don't want to alienate.

by Anonymousreply 138January 9, 2018 3:01 AM

Like it or not, R9, it's still true.

by Anonymousreply 139January 9, 2018 5:37 AM

I asked a 30 something if there was something wrong with me because I am not on The Facebook Instagram Twitter Snapchat or any hookup sites. Her mouth dropped in shock and said yes. She said I should at least be on instagram. When I told her I didn't need people to know where I am, she looked perplexed. I find it all very high school and bragadosious. To the DL psychologist out there why are some people social mediaphobic?

by Anonymousreply 140January 9, 2018 5:54 AM

I just have Facebook and think there's something wrong with people who are on every social media platform. I like to keep in touch with my family who are all over the world and friends who live in other cities. Why do people need to constantly see pictures of my boring daily life?

by Anonymousreply 141January 9, 2018 6:19 AM

My niece's daughter has "unfollowed" me. Don't know why, I post an artwork every 4 months or so and that's it. Maybe my strategy of only randomly liking posts drives people away.

However I have years of tweets which no one in my family has discovered and I feel good about that.

by Anonymousreply 142January 9, 2018 9:10 AM

Unspoken prayer request. Please don't ask for details.

by Anonymousreply 143January 9, 2018 1:35 PM

^turns out her fat dog had to be put down. She overfed this thing until it was morbidly obese and then was surprised it had congestive heart failure at "only" age 12.

by Anonymousreply 144January 9, 2018 1:41 PM

It's so kind of them to clarify it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 9, 2018 9:25 PM

"Unfollowing" is nowhere near as satisfying as hitting UNFRIEND.

by Anonymousreply 146January 9, 2018 10:23 PM

R93: Oh, I see now.

by Anonymousreply 147January 9, 2018 10:29 PM

Don't judge me! Only God can judge me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148January 9, 2018 11:10 PM

That lady looks really mad, R148!

by Anonymousreply 149January 10, 2018 12:56 AM

Is that lady in r148 Charity, the mother of the murderous kid Paris?

by Anonymousreply 150January 10, 2018 12:57 AM

I used to be friends with a hetero couple on FB. As in - he was a friend of mine and she, well, was his gf and would add me one day and I was dumb enough to accept. Those two had some incredibly annoying on-off-thing going and whenever things were bad they would post about each other on their Facebook feeds. Like, they'd make passive-aggressive postings that were clearly directed at each other, calling each other sluts/assholes/etc in third person. 2 weeks later they'd make up and post "love you forever" pics. They were in their late 20s. It was exhausting as Hell.

by Anonymousreply 151January 10, 2018 1:09 AM

I wish I were friends with Todd he sounds like the gift that keeps on giving

by Anonymousreply 152January 10, 2018 1:13 AM

I know these people who do that facebook live thing everywhere they go. Like driving across the city or a walk. They also check in everywhere. It's truly bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 153January 10, 2018 1:51 AM

R146, unfollowing is for sensitive aunties who post 27 inspirational quotes with duckies and teddy bears. For more irritating offenders, unfriending is indeed more satisfying, although you won't get to enjoy the effects unless you have a mutual friend who spies for you.

by Anonymousreply 154January 10, 2018 1:55 AM

Todd needs to go off himself

by Anonymousreply 155January 10, 2018 2:23 AM

Unfriend entire groups of people. However, you must make an announcement prior to doing so letting everyone know you’re going to do it!

by Anonymousreply 156January 10, 2018 2:28 AM

And you must FLOUNCE!

by Anonymousreply 157January 10, 2018 2:33 AM

Todd has been humbled by the outpouring of support!

[quote] You know what, I really got it wrong lately, been to busy feeling sorry for my self and acting selfish i totally did the exact thing i was complaining about and neglected to realize and acknowledge the straight up kick ass people i have had the oppertunity to get to know and be thankful for everything and everyone. I feel like so many people reached out to me selflessly just to pick me up and honestly i feel like i learned something important about how you treat the people you meet in life and why it matters. First significant thing i ever got out of facebook lmao!

by Anonymousreply 158January 10, 2018 4:08 AM

I used to be friends with a het couple who were both on fb. Once when they were visiting, the rude wife pulled out her phone whilst we were sitting around the table having a drink and started an argument with her husband because she saw that he had liked other people's posts but not hers. It was a vulgar display.

by Anonymousreply 159January 10, 2018 11:18 AM

Todd needs a comprehensive writing course, with emphasis on spelling and punctuation. He types ignorant and, of course, self-obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 160January 10, 2018 2:59 PM

^ In that case, Todd could be president one day.

by Anonymousreply 161January 10, 2018 3:55 PM

A 73-year-old mom I know on FB is obviously expecting her distant adult kids to share this sentimental video meme...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 10, 2018 11:09 PM

^ Sorry the video won't load unless you sign in to FB, but it says something along the lines of wishing to talk to a dead Mom and to "share if you miss your mom," hint, hint.

by Anonymousreply 163January 11, 2018 5:34 PM

r163 Her kids should say, "damn it, mine is still living, but I look forward to a day when we can talk through a psychic".

by Anonymousreply 164January 11, 2018 6:36 PM

Todd's mysterious message of the day:

[quote] Waking the lions

by Anonymousreply 165January 11, 2018 9:26 PM

Todd wants you to know that he is tapping into the inner wellspring of strength he has, for he will need it in these trying times where he doesn't know who his true friends are, etc. Don't be surprised if Todd unfriends you, it's a new year after all and Todd needs to lose the dead weight on his friends list. Just know that he's watching us all with the eye of the tiger.

by Anonymousreply 166January 11, 2018 10:28 PM

Sounds like maybe Todd has found his words on this website!

by Anonymousreply 167January 12, 2018 3:01 AM

FML!!!

by Anonymousreply 168January 15, 2018 1:58 PM

[quote] Todd needs a comprehensive writing course, with emphasis on spelling and punctuation. He types ignorant and, of course, self-obsessed.

Yes, he is and does all of these things, but he types thin

by Anonymousreply 169January 15, 2018 3:41 PM

[quote] I know these people who do that facebook live thing everywhere they go. Like driving across the city or a walk. They also check in everywhere. It's truly bizarre.

Jennifer Smith checks in everywhere. She's hoping someone will see it and be near there and come and visit with her. It's sad. Some of the sad places she has checked into" are Burger King and Piedmont Hospital - Women's Center (her gynecologist). The hospital one elicited a bunch of replies asking if she was in the hospital. She replied that she was just getting a check up.

She was actually just getting a pap smear, but Miss Jennifer felt the need to share. Jennifer is the proud grandmother to two pit bull grand dogs that her rabid trump loving daughter owns

by Anonymousreply 170January 15, 2018 3:54 PM

"Folks life is to be cherished! Enjoy every day that you can! I said bye to someone Friday not knowing I’d never get to say bye again as he passed over the weekend! Life is short-tell people you love that you do! You never know what life will throw at you! Peace!"

by Anonymousreply 171January 15, 2018 3:56 PM

I'd like the invite Todd to explore the inside of a wood chipper, then post about his experience.

by Anonymousreply 172January 15, 2018 6:51 PM

Here's a meme Todd posted a few days ago. Did I mention he lives with his dad and they share rent, and his dad watches his kids when they visit while Todd is at work? Or that as soon as Todd's old gf moved out another one moved right in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173January 15, 2018 7:40 PM

Here's an Incredible Hulk image Todd posted without comment the other day, lest anyone forget that Todd is NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174January 15, 2018 7:42 PM

Most people on Facebook post similar.

by Anonymousreply 175January 15, 2018 7:43 PM

Todd two days ago:

[quote] I have yet to encounter any really good thing in my personal life that I cannot over complicate and ruin with Rash and Self-Destructive behavior. I have got to be the biggest idiot on earth. Uuuuggghhh.

Todd last night:

[quote] Trust your instincts Always

by Anonymousreply 176January 15, 2018 7:48 PM

Ugh...

by Anonymousreply 177January 15, 2018 7:52 PM

Did Todd just have a Brush With the Law?

by Anonymousreply 178January 15, 2018 8:20 PM

^ None that I know of recently, although I believe he has a DUI or two under his belt.

by Anonymousreply 179January 16, 2018 3:46 AM

PLEASE, more Todd posts

by Anonymousreply 180January 16, 2018 8:08 AM

[quote] Did Todd just have a Brush With the Law?

There's no law against stupidity. But stupidity is contagious. Todd probably caught it from Jennifer

by Anonymousreply 181January 16, 2018 8:12 AM

Todd is the new Nick Carter's muse.

by Anonymousreply 182January 16, 2018 8:30 AM

[quote] PLEASE, more Todd posts.

In between the self-centered, aggro vaguebooking, Todd usually reposts "(blank) years-ago-today" images and videos of his two daughters, especially if they're reading a poem they wrote to him or drew a picture of him or some declaration of how great he is, or if he can brag about something he bought for them. He rarely posts current photos and I'm scratching my head why not. I believe the oldest one is like 14 and the other is almost 12. Anybody want to guess/analyze why Todd keeps reposting photos of them from 2-6 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 183January 16, 2018 9:28 PM

Maybe Todd is upset because his kids will never know his whole story and they're so self absorbed they never even think to ask.

by Anonymousreply 184January 16, 2018 9:35 PM

I think Todd, shadowy as ever, is kind of trying to tell his kids that he no longer loves them. They are dead to him. Still, he cherishes the memories.

by Anonymousreply 185January 16, 2018 10:05 PM

I hate Todd.

by Anonymousreply 186January 16, 2018 10:40 PM

I wish I knew how to quit Todd!

by Anonymousreply 187January 16, 2018 11:15 PM

Is Todd hung?

by Anonymousreply 188January 17, 2018 3:45 AM

I used to have a FB account with a fake name that I used to check in on certain people.

One of them was my mean girl from high school, let's call her "Nicole", she would constantly post rants about an anonymous person who I believe was her mother. She would say overly dramatic things like "I cry myself to sleep every night because of you! You don't love me!" She is in her late 20s, btw.

Then her friends would leave comments, asking what was wrong and who she was talking about, and her response was, "It's private and I don't want to talk about it. I want to remain classy."

Bitch, if you wanted it to remain private then why did you plaster it all over facebook in the first place? Her profile was public and she had 1,000s of "friends".

The only reason I think she was writing about her mother was because her mother was mysteriously nowhere to be found in Nicole's wedding photos, and I took a look at her moms profile and she looked like a drug addict. I would feel sorry for Nicole if she wasn't such an attention-seeking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 189January 17, 2018 4:43 AM

Oh, and then there was that time Nicole wrote a lengthy post about the vaginal discharge she found in her panties. But that's the opposite of vague-booking, that's more like TMI-booking.

by Anonymousreply 190January 17, 2018 4:48 AM

Anyone who uses the word "classy" isn't.

by Anonymousreply 191January 17, 2018 7:23 PM

LOL @ R191

I haven't looked up Nicole's profile in months, so who the hell knows what she's up to now.

Last time I checked out her profile, she was bragging about a two-story house that she and her husband "bought" but I later discovered that they actually rent the house from someone else and share it with several roommates.

She also posted several photos of her car, a VW bug that she named Angelina or some shit like that, she's even posted pics of herself holding wads of cash.

Both she and her husband dropped out of college, so I don't know who they think they are fooling.

by Anonymousreply 192January 17, 2018 11:02 PM

Most of my friends, luckily, miss me with that shit.

I have one friend overseas who is mostly good but every once in a while she does some passive aggressive thing with someone she feuds with. It's always exactly what OP describes.

by Anonymousreply 193January 17, 2018 11:10 PM

They just want attention, and they also want uncritical praise and a champion on their side.

As in: Pat them on the head and give them a cookie uncritically, because if you heard the whole story, you'd know they had themselves to blame for some or all of whatever drama was happening.

by Anonymousreply 194January 17, 2018 11:12 PM

I agree R194

by Anonymousreply 195January 18, 2018 3:53 PM

I'm addicted to the todd posts

by Anonymousreply 196January 18, 2018 4:35 PM

Todd posted this yesterday with no comment, no mention of anyone's birthday. He just likes those Johnny Depp pirate memes. He posts them from time to time as part of his general imagery of medieval gangsterism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197January 18, 2018 4:57 PM

Todd clearly knows how to get ahold of some dank memes! good for him.Watch for any Jared Leto as the joker ones talking about how he's kind unless you fuck with him, super edgy!

by Anonymousreply 198January 18, 2018 4:58 PM

I love the skanky druggies who post pics of their kids who have been taken away as "my reason for living" and the "light of my life". Um, clearly not if they have been removed from your care by the authorities because you are a drug addict.

by Anonymousreply 199January 18, 2018 5:14 PM

Tomorrow is going to be a VERY long day but I'm wide awake! #LupusSucks

by Anonymousreply 200January 19, 2018 1:00 AM

Todd a few hours ago:

[quote] That was awful

No idea what he's talking about, of course. And people are asking in the comments already.

by Anonymousreply 201January 20, 2018 12:43 AM

For the Todd Addicts, here are some gems from his feed over the last few months.

Think about THAT:

[quote] Humans have 44 facial muscles that work together to display over 100 distinct emotions....think about that the next time you read a text message. Not the same is it.

[quote] When you close your eyes, do you like what you see..inside your mind. Food for thought.

Todd's ahead of you:

[quote] Funny thing about a surprise attack is......you actually thought I was surprised,

[quote] Sometimes we get lucky enough to have someone in our lives that shine so bright, they illuminate the serpents lurking in the shadows who have been feeding on you. I see you

Todd as inspirational leader (posted with image of a roaring lion):

[quote] Dont get upset when people get angry with the way things are going, if your a leader, be thankful you have people with you that care enough to to help you chqnge things. Heres to you. If your going to lead lions....respect thier roar!

Todd's a special kind of cray cray but he's WORTH it:

[quote] "Loving me aint easy, loveing me is hard but it takes a crazy woman to love a reckless man like me" -Papa Roach

Todd's disconnect:

[quote] Communication between people was never ment to be carried out through memes in public,

[quote] Its amazing to me how oblivious some people can be.

by Anonymousreply 202January 20, 2018 1:14 AM

Todd, dominator of women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 20, 2018 1:17 AM

Todd supports the activists.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 20, 2018 1:19 AM

Someone I know is always posting things like, “Don't you hate it when you let someone borrow a book and they return it 9 months later with coffee mug stains on the cover and bent down corners on certain pages? If you damaged someone’s book like that, wouldn’t you go out and replace it before having the nerve to return it?”

He gets to call people out publically without revealing who they actually are and of course he presents every situation as a hypothetical. I don’t know how he has a single friend left.

by Anonymousreply 205January 20, 2018 1:22 AM

Todd, cursed with being too good for this world:

[quote] Not because im a fool, because I can take it so you can feel better about your selves. Curse of the Empath

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206January 20, 2018 1:23 AM

Please add a few hundred more responses so this stupid thread can be closed.

by Anonymousreply 207January 20, 2018 1:25 AM

R207 Sweetie, no one is forcing you to read this thread. You must be Todd.

by Anonymousreply 208January 20, 2018 1:30 AM

Todd doesn't want to go back to the 1950s. He wants to go back to the 450s.

[quote] So true.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 20, 2018 1:31 AM

Only 390 to go.

by Anonymousreply 210January 20, 2018 1:32 AM

r207 [quote] Please add a few hundred more responses so this stupid thread can be closed.

Uh-oh. We must have an offended vaguebooker in our midst.

#Don'tJudgeMe!

by Anonymousreply 211January 20, 2018 1:37 AM

After accumulating a satisfactory amount of concern in comments, Todd has revealed what he meant yesterday by posting "that was awful":

[quote] actually I have a sinus infection and i blew my nose lmao

I think I'm beginning to understand. Maybe he sends out these little tests to see if anybody gives a shit about him. It's actually kind of sad.

by Anonymousreply 212January 20, 2018 7:37 PM

Dude r212, don't feel bad, he quoted Papa fucking Roach! I am flabbergasted by that, I thought people who quoted Linkin Park were bad...dumbfounded.

by Anonymousreply 213January 20, 2018 7:43 PM

Don't be so emotionally invested in a thread on an online forum. This isn't reality, children.

by Anonymousreply 214January 20, 2018 7:45 PM

Always nice to be unfriended by so-called friends because you share your pain!

by Anonymousreply 215January 20, 2018 11:31 PM

More todd posts please

by Anonymousreply 216January 21, 2018 1:48 PM

I've weeded so many shity people out and it's lonely at times but I'd rather be by myself then all those fake ass people

by Anonymousreply 217January 21, 2018 3:47 PM

I weed out shity spellers.

by Anonymousreply 218January 21, 2018 3:52 PM

I can't help myself, R218. I grew up in the sticks so have lots of Facebook friends who have terrible spelling & grammar. Sometimes I will screenshot posts and send them to friends because they're so bad. Most recent one that made the rounds was someone talking about the "Supper Bowel."

by Anonymousreply 219January 21, 2018 3:57 PM

I'm FB friends with a doughy, balding 40 year old straight man who embarks on relationships with women who are clearly out of his league and in a few weeks when they dump his ass he posts these vague status updates about his heartbreak and the value of "inner beauty". The funny thing is the guy is a major asshole who is hyper critical of women's looks.

by Anonymousreply 220January 22, 2018 4:16 AM

White trash love...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221January 22, 2018 4:21 AM

Yep, edgy Jared Leto memes, that's how you know you're dealing with a real badass! And I hate Leto so much and want to cry that he's now tarnished my beloved Bladerunner.

by Anonymousreply 222January 22, 2018 4:26 AM

I'm taking a break from Facebook and can't say that I miss it that much.

I can't stand all those posts by people showing off and their smarmy Julia Roberts-style "I love my life" posts.

I also can't stand those "interactive" posts where a FB friend asks you to post one word about them to see if you really are their friend, with that not-so-subtle threat they will unfriend you if you don't participate.

I agree those vaguebook posts are the worst. I have a few friends who do it. One friend who is fighting with the father of her child and her constant "He's an asshole", "He's STILL an asshole" posts or "He's your SON!". Take it to the courts, you lazy bitch.

Or those vaguebook posts where someone posts something about an exciting development and someone asks what is happening and you get a smile in response.

by Anonymousreply 223January 22, 2018 4:40 AM

I heart Todd.

I have my own favorite Vaguebooker - a high school classmate who has been divorced three times, has six small dogs, works at Long John Silver’s and is constantly asking for rides to take her teenage son to court.

She is a delight!

by Anonymousreply 224January 22, 2018 6:56 AM

He sounds awesome r220. Feel free to repost any of his posts.

by Anonymousreply 225January 22, 2018 7:20 AM

For you r225 "That awkward moment when you give your heart to someone, and they ask "why?"."

by Anonymousreply 226January 22, 2018 10:08 PM

I'm with R223. Been away from FB for about a month. Don't miss it a bit.

by Anonymousreply 227January 22, 2018 10:15 PM

Got rid of FB about 3 years ago and don't miss it. I tried to create a new account a couple months ago but couldn't stand it for more than a few days and got rid of it again.

The constant bragging is what really annoys me. Several people I know on FB try to convince everyone that they are wealthy when in fact I know they are thousands of $$$ in credit card debt.

Others try to pretend they have the perfect relationship when I know they are actually miserable.

The funny thing is, the people I know who live happy and fulfilling lives either rarely post on FB or don't have an account.

Constantly posting on FB is the number one sign that someone is a loser.

by Anonymousreply 228January 22, 2018 11:26 PM

The couples who always post lovey-dovey things to each other publicly are the first ones to announce "we have decided to end our romantic relationship."

by Anonymousreply 229January 24, 2018 12:01 AM

[quote]Anybody want to guess/analyze why Todd keeps reposting photos of them from 2-6 years ago?

Because they have nothing to do with him now?

by Anonymousreply 230January 24, 2018 12:23 AM

A recent favorite:

One Thing I will never understand I have dropped everything for some people given my last dollar but when u are down and out guess what not one person is there for you just remember don't come to me for anything

by Anonymousreply 231January 26, 2018 2:41 PM

Perez HIlton doing vaguebooking for attention.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 26, 2018 2:44 PM

R229 - You nailed that one. They love big, then break up big. And drag their family and friends into all the drama. Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 233January 26, 2018 2:59 PM

I have a cousin who is constantly unfriending the whole family, and then re-friending. She’ll either unfriend me or delete her whole account - I don’t know which - but I’ll suddenly I get a new friend request again. She’s back! Though I never noticed she was gone.

Another cousin, also female, posts daily memes about how she may not be perfect, but she’s a strong independent woman and everything she’s been through has only made her stronger, and if we don’t accept her as she is, she’s better off without us. Like anyone gives a shit.

Then there’s my aunt, who is obsessed

by Anonymousreply 234January 26, 2018 3:23 PM

... with pretty white girls who have been reported missing.

by Anonymousreply 235January 26, 2018 3:29 PM

I have friends like that too and it's pretty annoying.

But my biggest Facebook beef is the people who go all in on their big, public, reality TV-inspired romances. Suddenly their feed is all, "S/He's so cute and perfect and we're so in love and here we are doing cute and perfect things together and blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda..." It runs its course until the inevitable breakup. The break up is either chronicled in equally excruciating detail—or alternatively—they act like the great love of their life just never happened. "Bob who?" Regardless, it soon starts all over again with the next Miss or Mr. Right.

by Anonymousreply 236January 26, 2018 3:29 PM

r234 If you can't handle her at her worst, you don't deserve her at her best! (with a photo of Harley Quinn inexplicably accompanying the words)

by Anonymousreply 237January 26, 2018 3:29 PM

One trend I lament is how social media encourages everyone to opine on everything, always, and to argue every point to death. Back in the Olden Days, someone would say something stupid, and we'd roll our eyes, say "What an asshole" and move on.

But now, social media allows these stories to live for days and weeks. And we all have to swear our allegiance to the right" opinion. Which team do you choose? 1. "Aziz is a monster!" 2. "Aziz is a victim!"

You too are a bad person if you pick the wrong team. And you're not allowed to be neutral, because then you're an enabler! Logging off saves my sanity at times.

by Anonymousreply 238January 26, 2018 3:41 PM

If I had to guess why Todd only posts old pictures of his daughters it's because one or two things: 1. He doesn't spend much time with them post break-up. They're always with mom, so he has no new material 2. As they are tween and teens, they're less interesting to him. At this age, nearly all kids start to conclude their lives are shitty and it's because their parents are shitty—and in Todd's case they're probably right. Their childish delusion that "Daddy is the Greatest!" has worn off. Now Todd finds them just mouthy, annoying and ungrateful (as is the right and obligation of every teenager to be, the trick of parenting is to keep loving them until they snap out of it).

by Anonymousreply 239January 26, 2018 4:12 PM

One of my friends is TMI woman. She goes in great detail publicly sharing all her court battles over custody and child support with her ex, even posting screenshots of the text messages they exchange. First, well, ok fine, but your kids are reading all this too. Maybe I'm old school, but my parents generation tried to shield their kids from all the divorce mudslinging, as best they could. He obviously is a shitbag deadbeat fuckboy, but I'm a believer in letting the kids figure it out all on their own.

Anyway, I'm beginning to wonder if Todd is her ex?

by Anonymousreply 240January 26, 2018 4:23 PM

I'm on a Facebook group that is mostly gay men but one of them is trans (born female). Fine, whatevs. However, every time there is some sort of story posted about gays or lesbians being discriminated against in society, he has to pipe in with "that is awful--just imagine how much worse it is for trans people." Not everything is about you, Drew! I call him Debbie Downer, which I'm sure he would NOT appreciate! So humorless!

by Anonymousreply 241January 27, 2018 1:26 AM

If Todd was your dad would you hang out with him?

by Anonymousreply 242January 29, 2018 4:44 AM

I worry about Todd as Valentine's day approaches, I feel like some "nice guys finish last" memes with Jared Leto as the Joker are coming our way.

by Anonymousreply 243January 29, 2018 4:48 AM

r241 Just doesn't get that Drew's struggle is real, he's trying to blend in but he's always being oppressed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244January 29, 2018 4:49 AM

by Anonymousreply 245January 29, 2018 6:05 AM

None of you know my hole story...

by Anonymousreply 246January 29, 2018 7:41 AM

mike mitner had a problem

his daddy was mean and he hit mike too hard

his mommy was obese and could not move from her bed

his pastor was a secret bath house person

advice?

should mike move to nyc and live with the hippies?

by Anonymousreply 247January 29, 2018 7:53 AM

How's Todd doing?

by Anonymousreply 248February 6, 2018 10:59 PM

Cox posted an alarming message, saying, “I NEED EVERYONE TO STOP AND PRAY RIGHT NOW FOR HEAVEN!! IT’S AN EMERGENCY!!” Cox did not give any more details about what may have been happening with her daughter at that moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249February 7, 2018 5:12 AM

I had a friend post some bat shit insane rants about being betrayed very early in the morning (like 4AM) then delete his account a few hours later. I work graveyards but I don't know what he was doing up so late considering he works a 9-5 office job.

by Anonymousreply 250February 7, 2018 5:18 AM

None of my fb peeps are as fucked up or as intriguing as todd and the others listed in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 251February 7, 2018 7:47 AM

34 mins. ago [quote] Fml just Fml

5 hrs. ago [quote] I need a friggen do over today, can i just hit the reset button.

Yesterday (see link)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252February 7, 2018 10:46 PM

[quote] Its is better to die like a tiger, then live like a pussy. Word. [/quote]

by Anonymousreply 253February 7, 2018 10:50 PM

This one goes out to any and all on Todd's friends list who may be acquainted with his ex-girlfriend, no doubt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254February 7, 2018 10:53 PM

I just canceled Instagram and already feel better. On there, unlike Facebook (which I hate as well but use the event notices).. you can’t unfollow or block without fully unfriending. It’s also easy to mindlessly stalk. I was so sick of seeing people from high school, their babies, couples pics, ads, etc.

by Anonymousreply 255February 7, 2018 10:57 PM

Todd is now on Instagram. His profile line is "You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

It's a private account. He popped up as someone I should add because we're FB friends, but I won't. It appears he's uploading some of the memes I saw on his FB timeline so I'm probably not missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 256February 7, 2018 11:00 PM

Todd has gone solo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257February 8, 2018 2:04 AM

^ But that doesn't mean we can't enjoy the other vaguebookers here: Jennifer Smith, the balding sad sack, Nicole the former mean girl from high school, the drug addict cousin, etc. Share some of their posts with us, please.

by Anonymousreply 258February 8, 2018 3:04 PM

Here you go R258 I posted a comment (R199) on the other thread about druggies posting shit about their kids' being their "reason for living/light of their lives" even though the kids were taken away. This one is the female, druggie version of Todd. Today she posted this: "Calm her chaos, but never quiet her storm." Also this gem: "Having a good heart can put you in some fucked up situations." ( like overdosing in front of your kids?) I think this one may be my favorite, because why look within when there is always someone else to blame: "Hostalgia: rage that derives from never being able to get things back in your past that you feel nostalgic about; anger over the irretrievablility of the past, esp. when it was ruined for you by someone else." Yes, it HAD to have been someone else's fault, Jenni.

by Anonymousreply 259February 14, 2018 8:29 PM

by Anonymousreply 260March 10, 2018 7:04 PM

[quote]New Year's Resolution: Getting off Instagram. Only got on a year and a half ago. Do like seeing some creatives stuff online, but interactions are shit and do not bring out the best in people. Still, it's better than fucking FB which never hooked me. Thank god. No need to quit. Twitter is dead.

I am not on FB, but I got on IG last summer and I am still enjoying it. I limited my follows to cultural things; museums and galleries mostly; some artists. I don't even follow all of my friends, just those who do not post selfies (as soon as someone posts a selfie I unfollow them).

I also follow men's fashion and a few stores I like, so I know when they have sales.

At least with IG you can tailor it to be the exposure to things you like.

by Anonymousreply 261March 10, 2018 7:16 PM

[quote]I just canceled Instagram and already feel better. On there, unlike Facebook (which I hate as well but use the event notices).. you can’t unfollow or block without fully unfriending. It’s also easy to mindlessly stalk. I was so sick of seeing people from high school, their babies, couples pics, ads, etc.

I think people can't tell when you block them on IG, but isn't it enough to unfollow them? What is a big deal about unfollowing someone? Why are people tip-toeing so much on social medial?

by Anonymousreply 262March 10, 2018 7:19 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 263May 5, 2018 5:58 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 18, 2018 8:12 PM

[quote]As an oldster, I have to say this stuff went on in LiveJournal, and probably predecessors of FB (Orkut, Friendster, etc).

Isn't this what the old annual Christmas letter was for?

by Anonymousreply 265September 4, 2018 1:36 PM

These ones don't worry me because they show a vulnerability. It's something most people quietly experience that once went socially unseen. People get hurt when they've been deceived or betrayed, they want to be liked and loved. They want to be seen as special and unworthy of abuse.

It's when this gets into obsessive fixations on plotting against others, airing dirty laundry constantly, trying to set people up to be humiliated in a public place where everyone knows you (that's what these social media networks are, virtually: Like a big, public function or party) that it becomes pathological. It becomes like a road rage thing.

by Anonymousreply 266September 4, 2018 1:47 PM

I have a Facebook friend (about 50 years old) who posts things such as pictures of flowers, animals, and cute little memes in the daytime. But every night she becomes unhinged and makes drunk statuses about her family troubles and lays it all out in the open. Most often they are about how mean her husband is and how much they argue. Then usually a non sequitur about how much her back/hip/leg hurt. And sometimes the statuses are more cryptic saying things like "So what is next? Please advise."

There was even once when she made a status about how her oldest son got her a Mother's Day present but didn't give a card to go with it, and how much she felt hurt by that. He commented, told her off, and called her ungrateful.

But the next morning she sobers up and the statuses are deleted.

by Anonymousreply 267September 4, 2018 2:18 PM

R267 Send her a PM. Ask her about it privately.

by Anonymousreply 268September 4, 2018 2:21 PM

You can submit vaguebook posts to this website. But I found the examples in this thread way more interesting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269January 13, 2019 1:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!