Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sid Vicious's GF Nancy Spungen

She was an evil person, born that way. Some speculate Aspergers or Schizophrenia.. Sid picked the wrong woman!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 19, 2019 1:35 AM

SIDNEY, YOU DIDN'T SAVE ME NUFFIN'!!

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2017 5:55 PM

I read the book her mother wrote and she said when nancy was a baby and she picked her up or tried to give her affection that Nancy would go stiff like a board

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2017 6:46 PM

"I Don't Want to Live This Life" is the book by Nancy's mother. It's a very good read and explains that Nancy was messed up her entire life. What her family went through is heartbreaking. There was never any hope for this kid. She was born nasty.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2017 7:05 PM

I appreciated that in the book Nancy’s mom doesn’t really blame Sid. She saw her daughter’s violent death as an inevitability.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2017 7:11 PM

I remember that book well, R3, even though it's been decades. Yes, she was a bad seed. Courtney Love is similar.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2017 7:12 PM

Courtney Love’s upbringing was a nightmare. Both her parents are awful people. Very different early life than Nancy’s.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2017 7:15 PM

Nothing to do with schizophrenia or autism/ Aspergers.

Sociopathy is the clinical term for her syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2017 8:23 PM

r7, Nancy was autistic . She had no social skills, blind rages, excessive cruelty and just a miserable person to be around.

by Anonymousreply 8December 7, 2017 9:48 PM

Sid leveled her karma.

by Anonymousreply 9December 7, 2017 9:48 PM

chrissy hynde goes OFF on nancy in the auto bio Reckless: My Life as a Pretender

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 7, 2017 10:01 PM

This is Nancy's younger sister Susan, who Nancy particularly terrorized during their childhood. She is VERY successful in the food industry . YAY!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 7, 2017 10:13 PM

[quote]Nothing to do with schizophrenia or autism/ Aspergers. Sociopathy is the clinical term for her syndrome.

Read the article, Poo Shoes:

[quote]The family brought her to a succession of doctors, psychologists, and clinics; at 11, she was diagnosed with schizophrenia

The doctors who actually examined her know more than you. despite your penchant for labeling everyone a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 12December 7, 2017 10:33 PM

She was a Courtney Love-type, a calculating hanger-on obsessed with snagging a Rock Star.

Most people say Sid was a sweet, gullible, not very bright addict. And that Nancy was probably murdered by one of their shady acquaintances.

by Anonymousreply 13December 7, 2017 10:37 PM

r12, I am happy you told the Asperger apologist off, I believe back then they were not familiar with Autism and aspergers(Nancy was born in 58) so they thought Skizo, BUT they never told the parents. They found out AFTER her death.

by Anonymousreply 14December 7, 2017 11:04 PM

I always thought she was bipolar or had borderline personality disorder that she tried to self medicate with heroin? The book her mom wrote is HARROWING!

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2017 1:05 AM

funny, i just got Sid & Nancy from the library Monday....2 discs. LOVE OLDMAN, in this and everything. where is his oscar??

there was a lot of debate and back and forth about Nancy's mom and that book and a lot of it was not so hot so about her....i

read it years ago but it's gone now......not something i need to re-read.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2017 1:47 AM

Yeah “and I don’t want to live this life” is not a book you want to revisit, but I’m glad I read it.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2017 2:03 AM

In the book, Nancy’s mom said Nancy was born with the cord wrapped around her neck. I don’t remember the details but I think she was blue or had been deprived of oxygen during birth. She was violent since she was a toddler. She tried to stab a phone installer when she was two or three. Her mom said she was unusually strong for her age too.

I think Nancy was probably born brain damaged and it affected her whole life. The rest of the Spungen family were intelligent, relatively happy people and Nancy’s behavior ruined all their lives. None of them had mental illness and it’s likely it was the difficult birth, but no one listened to her mother or took her seriously. They blamed her mother for being a bad mother instead.

If Nancy was born today, they probably would have done a C-section and she probably would have been okay. In those days, male doctors didn’t listen to female patients and labor proceeded around their golf games and personal convenience.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2017 3:03 AM

we;; since they are both dead junkies nothing matters then does it?

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2017 4:13 AM

I suspect there was never going to be a "right" woman for Sid. I think he was either gay, or bi with a 90% preference for men. In my opinion, there's more to the breakup with Lydon than just a friendship between two straight men, destroyed by drugs, Malcolm McLaren and a 1970s version of Yoko.. and I don't think Lydon ever got over Sid.

by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2017 5:45 AM

[quote]I wouldn’t go so far as to say that Nancy was a drug mule, but she could fit a length of rubber tubing, spoon, zippo lighter and box of handy wipes up her flue and still have room for a can of Elnett and a box of Milk Duds.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2017 5:56 AM

^I must read Chrissie’s book!

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2017 6:16 AM

Psychopaths are charming, manipulative, smart and often very successful. I think Courtey Love is one. Sociopaths are disordered and impulsive, unable to hide their mental illness, like N. Spungen. My sister, a borderline with bipolar disorder, is very much like how Spungen's mother describes her daughter in the book--miserable, angry and self-destructive from birth.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2017 8:26 PM

Her mother said she never stopped crying. That reminds me of that movie “We Need to Talk About Kevin” where she is also cursed with a child with an anti social personality disorder. I feel bad for Nancy’s mother, how exhausting that must be to never bring comfort to your baby, even after dosing it with antipsychotics and tranquilizers. When I read the book it seemed like moving Nancy to NYC was the best thing, because it liberated her family from Nancy’s craziness and also enabled Nancy to pursue what she thought was going to make her happy: being a hanger-on/groupie to rock stars. No parent wants their child to die, but in Nancy’s case it must have seemed both inevitable and a relief. The story was probably completely played out for the family and they were ready to move on.

by Anonymousreply 24December 9, 2017 2:16 PM

by Anonymousreply 25December 9, 2017 6:25 PM

R20 is hilarious in his desperation.

by Anonymousreply 26December 9, 2017 6:41 PM

This is probably the 30th thread where the same, Asperger's-afflicted, maniac OP has started a new thread based on a tip he got from ME in a previous thread.

This time, he stole my post @ r 503 in the "Real Jerks Rock Musicians" thread as if it's he's breaking original news or observations.

DEAR OP: Sid & Nancy are old news to everyone else and they've been discussed to DEATH. LITERALLY!

Nobody wants to drudge through this again and you don't get points for namedropping. This should have stayed a footnote in the other thread!

You're not cool enough to start threads, so just STOP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 9, 2017 7:21 PM

That was a good read, thanks for sharing, OP.

by Anonymousreply 28December 19, 2017 11:44 PM

"Sociopathy" is not a clinical term at all, r7.

by Anonymousreply 29December 19, 2017 11:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 20, 2017 12:06 AM

Really, R7? On what basis do you say this? Anti-social Personality Disorder is what it's called in the DSM, but clinicians and researchers use sociopathy regularly and interchangeably with ASPD

by Anonymousreply 31December 20, 2017 12:18 AM

My ph.d therapist said it sounds as if my brother may be a sociopath.

by Anonymousreply 32December 20, 2017 12:46 AM

A dark cloud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 20, 2017 1:13 AM

R30 loved that scene.

by Anonymousreply 34December 20, 2017 2:43 AM

I love the name Spungen.

My next cat...

by Anonymousreply 35December 20, 2017 2:45 AM

Nancy was a supreme cunt . She definitely was aspie .

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2019 4:56 PM

It’s weird how personally hated Nancy is. Always. Considering nobody knew her. Not just dislike- full out hatred.

Meanwhile, without her, punk would have been a lot less interesting. She brought the punk ethos and music so much attention.

She died for her lifestyle. She found what she loved and let it kill her.

by Anonymousreply 37March 17, 2019 5:58 PM

Both of these two self centered jack asses were nothing more than spoiled, over indulged suburban white brats. Neither one of them had any thing that couldn't have been cured by a couple dozen swift kicks to their entitled, pompous asses.

by Anonymousreply 38March 17, 2019 6:17 PM

Nobody liked Nancy Spungen, but Chrissie Hynde sure comes off cold and contemptuous in that excerpt.

by Anonymousreply 39March 17, 2019 6:58 PM

Hynde always seemed like a jerky closet case to me.

by Anonymousreply 40March 17, 2019 9:19 PM

[quote]Victor Colicchio, an actor, screenwriter (Summer of Sam), and member of a short-lived seventies band called the Dead Squirrels, also lived at the Chelsea. He saw Nancy’s good side, despite her spiraling drug problem. “She was highly intelligent and very aware,” he says. [bold]“She could spot someone conning her a mile away. She had good insight into people. She was aware of phonies and fakes and users.[/bold]

That doesn't sound autistic. In fact, it's quite the opposite.

I think the poster above who mentioned BPD was on the money.

by Anonymousreply 41March 17, 2019 9:33 PM

R38 Sid was raised by a single mother. A mother who used drugs and gave him drugs when he was a child. Before he got bailed out he went through withdrawals. That's the one upside to jail, you can get clean. His mother provided him with heroin after he got out. She didn't want to lose her drug buddy. He was not a spoiled white suburban brat. He was a poor kid with a fucked up family.

I think Nancy was the right woman for him. They were both really fucked up. Things were not going to end well for either of them.

by Anonymousreply 42March 17, 2019 9:59 PM

[quote]Her mom said she was unusually strong for her age too.

God gave retarded people super human strength as a form of survival.

by Anonymousreply 43March 17, 2019 10:51 PM

I have a relative who experienced oxygen deprivation during her birth. In her case, it severely impacted her intellectual abilities. She could be quite volatile as well, a trait that's only gotten worse as she's gotten older. She becomes physically violent when she doesn't get her way. I don't know what will become of her when her parents die. She's been thrown out of more than one group home for her violent behavior.

Nancy was not retarded, though. What struck me most about her behavior during her upbringing was her complete lack of limits or boundaries. In the book, an incident was recounted where she rammed both of her hands through a window during a fit after her parents tried to put their foot down about something. She tore up her hands and wrists but seemed impervious to what she'd done. She'd made her point I guess. Crazy.

I also seem to remember that she went to live in a group home for a time and actually started to improve, but then she had to leave. I don't remember the reason. I think she was a case of a child that truly needed to be taken from the home and raised in some sort of institutional setting. As long as she was with her family, she was in control of the situation and calling the shots with her acting out. It seemed as if she lost some of her bravado when taken out of that setting. She was smart enough to see that strangers were not going to put up with what her parents did and could not be manipulated in the same way.

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2019 11:06 PM

Neither aged past 21. They were just babies. I think both are icons.

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2019 9:31 PM

Is that true r43, or are you joking around?

by Anonymousreply 46March 19, 2019 12:21 AM

R41, She was hyper suspicious because she was wicked and the other people ( she had issues with most people since early childhood) She was possessively jealous of any female fans of Sid ‘s. She was seeing shrinks since grade school. I am glad she is off the planet. She was supremely toxic and soul killing.

by Anonymousreply 47March 19, 2019 12:27 AM

Nancy looked like Twisted Sisters Lead singer. What an ugly cunt. Poor Sid. She was despised in the punk scene

by Anonymousreply 48March 19, 2019 12:29 AM

We’re not going to take it Sid!! No, I will destroy anyone and anything that gets in MY path.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 19, 2019 12:33 AM

Nancy’s parents and siblings were secretly relieved and happy she died. Nancy was 5 disturbed children in one. She made their lives hell.. I am convinced she was autistic and narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 50March 19, 2019 12:40 AM

“Once I was for a while in the London, in this dirty city in this dirty country”

KNOCKING ON NANCY’S DOOR!

by Anonymousreply 51March 19, 2019 1:19 AM

she was jewish

by Anonymousreply 52March 19, 2019 1:22 AM

I hate Chrysse Hynde. She is always so fucking impressed with herself.

by Anonymousreply 53March 19, 2019 1:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!