Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who Are Some Famous Rock Musicians That Are Real Jerks? Any Good Stories? Part II

Carry on.

Link to original thread below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176February 1, 2018 5:23 PM

Cyndi Lauper Belinda Carlisle Natalie Merchant

by Anonymousreply 1December 6, 2017 3:36 AM

From the previous thread re: Celine Dion. She was allegedly 13; the two years were added on to make it look more respectable. They met when she was 12.

by Anonymousreply 2December 6, 2017 3:37 AM

This time can we hear about real life encounters with details and not regurgitated drivel from the masses of rock shock memoirs and autobiographies?

And enough about Lou Reed and Lennon. We all know they were assholes.

by Anonymousreply 3December 6, 2017 4:11 AM

David Crosby is a jerk/asshole-although not nearly as bad as some, a drama queen, full of himself, pretentious, and probably still uses drugs. Stephen Stills makes Crosby seem like a nice easygoing guy.

Neil Young is very nice and considerate, and so is Nash. But Neil is a perfectionist and likes his music done his way, but he's very nice to staff and fans who he meets, but holds very bad long grudges against other musicians he's worked with.

by Anonymousreply 4December 6, 2017 6:48 PM

Mike Gordon from phish is a real jerk. He treats everyone like shit including venue staff, bartenders/restaurant staff-he's extremely cheap despite being well off/rich, does not even like the members of the bands he's in or has been a guest with, thinks he's a great bassist when he's not nearly as good at playing or songwriting as he was decades ago-his new songs suck, and is a hebephile/pedo.

by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2017 2:10 AM

The last two threads about this were so interesting, don't let it die!

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2017 1:48 AM

From a close relative who's an exec and worked with just about everyone Jerks: Natalie Maines (from Dixie Chicks). Total control freak and all around jerk. Paul Simon can be an ass, as can Van Morrison. Sting is about as pompous as you think he is. Nice guys: Kid Rock, James Taylor, Pat Monohan (Train), Bono, Edge, Jimmy Buffet, Roseanne Cash, Mark Knopfler. Actually, there are more are nice guys than ass hats.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2017 1:57 AM

Anything on John Rzeznik?

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2017 2:30 AM

Jimmy Buffett is a major asshole. He only is "nice" to people who have something he wants like money or drugs. He's a total asshole to fans and staff at venues. He also used A LOT of speed (meth) in the 60s and lots of coke and booze in the 1970s and 1980s, and probably still drinks and uses drugs.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2017 8:09 PM

Any Scorpions stories? Is Klaus gay?

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2017 9:26 PM

Tom Waits is really nice but very eccentric and socially awkward. His wife/manager is an overprotective bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2017 9:55 PM

ewwwwwwwwww r5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 9, 2017 10:18 PM

R11 is his wife the reason why Tom seems so moody & sad all the time? Or a personality quirk? Or is just the gimmick?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 9, 2017 10:57 PM

Anyone have a smear of Motley Crue dirt that ISN’T in one of their many spurious tomes, or that the professional blowhard Eddie Trunk hasn’t already spoken on?

I’m on a Spotify kick with Crue remixes and am shamefully enjoying it, so I need DL to remind me what horrific grifty abusive dirtbags the band are and stop me turning into a casual fan (no disrespect to Tommy Lee, who drums like a beast and is sweet & trashy-handsome even now). I already know the shit of legend, everything they’ve been on Larry King about, so I’m looking to really dredge the metal lake here.

They had a few jams and even a dark classic or two, but not to get all Scaruffi; it really blows my mind these guys got as far as they did on 90% audacity, pyro & ballyhoo. Crue songs often sound way better performed by other bands (especially women), as b-side covers. Maybe Nikki should have gone the Steinman route...

I’m still in danger of liking them, so please someone serve scoop (bonus if from their make-up/break-up period in the 90s).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 9, 2017 11:17 PM

R11 I'm not surprised, she's basically controlled his music and life since they started dating. I saw on facebook how they remixed his album "Real Gone" that was from 2004, and I'm not sure why the expect people to buy it or download it? Or to download/buy their remixed/remastered albums?

It's a shame he doesn't tour and perform live. I'm not surprised he's extremely socially awkward, he's bipolar/manic, but obviously takes meds and sees a therapist.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2017 11:41 PM

Anyone have any stories about Lennon's sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 16December 10, 2017 1:31 AM

R16 Lennon was apparently bisexual but closeted.

by Anonymousreply 17December 10, 2017 2:49 AM

Maynard James Keenan of tool is a HUGE asshole, and primadonna who believes the world/universe revolves around him. The rest of his bands musicians act the same way, but he's really rude and stuck up to venue staff, people who work for him, and the people who are unfortunate fans of his music.

by Anonymousreply 18December 10, 2017 11:09 AM

What Crue remixes on Spotify are you talking about ? 80s Metal and Metal in general are my dirty listening secret.

by Anonymousreply 19December 10, 2017 11:01 PM

Sorry I was asking you r14 ^^^

by Anonymousreply 20December 10, 2017 11:12 PM

Anyone have anything juicy on New Order’s Bernard Sumner??

by Anonymousreply 21December 10, 2017 11:17 PM

Tom Waits's wife, Kathleen, is responsible for his complete reinvention. He was stuck in that lounge-lizard persona for many years in the 70s and early 80s (that shtick sure got tired, although I enjoyed it at the time) until he did the film "Rumble Fish" and met Kathleen, who was a script supervisor. He fell very much in love with her, and she influenced him and his musical direction greatly; she was into stuff like Captain Beefheart and Bonzo Dog, which opened his eyes and his horizons and he never looked back. Carefully remade himself into what we know of him now. I cannot stand it when people think men in the music biz are controlled by harpies and bitches, which completely discredits their masculinity and power. Most of the time, these guys have hardcore drug issues and / or are howling narcissists, and their wives keep them grounded. Kathleen is a wonderful woman and Tom is a great guy. I know them peripherally. They have a normal life and raised their children well and there is no reason to accuse him of being a barracuda, him of being a spineless mental case. Punto.

by Anonymousreply 22December 10, 2017 11:25 PM

I meant accuse HER of being a barracuda.

by Anonymousreply 23December 10, 2017 11:26 PM

This YouTube video of Blur being interviewed by beloved Canadian radio host Nadwar shows them for the nasty pieces of shit that they are. Check out Nadwars Channel on YouTube he is so respectful and loving to the musicians he interviews. These guys are so damn mean and Nadwar is the sweetest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24December 10, 2017 11:26 PM

Tom Waits' wife Kathleen Brenan is a total cunt. I say this as someone who knows them.

by Anonymousreply 25December 10, 2017 11:34 PM

R25, elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 26December 10, 2017 11:36 PM

The blur guy with the glasses looks like an accountant.

Damon actually has a normal voice? Hate his geezer sound

by Anonymousreply 27December 11, 2017 12:16 AM

Any good Axl Rose stories?

by Anonymousreply 28December 11, 2017 12:34 AM

It’s not often that I get Tom Waits gossip. More please.

by Anonymousreply 29December 11, 2017 12:36 AM

She's a total control freak, highly narcissistic, and yes she's extremely overprotective and makes the worst helicopter parents look normal.

by Anonymousreply 30December 11, 2017 2:05 AM

What’s worse than a helicopter parent ...a drone parent?

by Anonymousreply 31December 11, 2017 2:51 AM

r18, Carey, too?

He seems so laid back in interviews. Keenan you can tell is an asshole from the word go. OTOH, he hates that part of his life, but goes back to the well to support his winery/lifestyle. The other guys benefit from the tours too, of course.

by Anonymousreply 32December 11, 2017 4:42 AM

Apparently Josh Homme has turned (or always was) a major ass.

Queens of the Stone Age Frontman Kicks Photographer in Face at KROQ Concert (Video)

Photographer Chelsea Lauren posted a video of singer Josh Homme assaulting her during a set at The Forum in Inglewood

Jeremy Fuster | Last Updated: December 10, 2017 @ 2:05 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 11, 2017 5:02 AM

Ah fuck, r33.

From the sounds of that article, he's using again. Not that I'm excusing the behaviour, but he was legendary for this when he was drunk and/or high. He was apparently like Jim Morrison--a sweetheart sober, and absolute fucking terrorizing pig when drunk.

by Anonymousreply 34December 11, 2017 5:04 AM

For R28

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 11, 2017 7:15 AM

Frank Zappa was an asshole/snob, or the original musician who loved to make fun of others, and he would be the first to admit this.

by Anonymousreply 36December 11, 2017 10:28 PM

R27 the ‘guy with the glasses who looks like an accountant’ is drummer Dave Rowntree, fondly thought of as the ‘forgettable one’/the ‘ginge one’ in Blur.

Rowntree is a married solicitor now, and at one point was running for Parliament. It’s a shocking 180 from his drunken days in the music business as a younger man; see R34’s comments on Jim Morrison for an idea of what Dave used to be like....

He’s got a bone-dry & verbose personality but he’s actually quite funny beneath it all. He’s probably the most stable & academically intelligent of his old band and is likely the best (but not the most flush) with money, but he’s not the most artistic one (that would be Damon or Gra).

Curiously Dave considers Blur bassist Alex James as a best friend, even though they are politically estranged (Dave is a staunch Laborite not overfond of posh Alex & his Tory life of Riley) and they don’t see each other much now. At one point in the last days of Blur’s career proper, the two unlikely friends travelled together in their own tiny plane and even lived in the same hotels/rented houses. They have opposite personalities & lifestyles but somehow complement one another musically, and otherwise. A veritable Odd couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 12, 2017 2:51 PM

Zappa was a big curmudgeon and introvert who hated to go outside and deal with people.

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2017 3:35 PM

R14, they also got far because they were good looking. I have a shame-crush on Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee. They are so hot in a disgusting way that makes me disgusted with myself.

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2017 4:29 PM

R39 isn’t it ghastly? Sixx is quite plainly an insufferable egotist (and all accounts from people not blinded by his light seem to support this notion) yet the nasty fucker aged well in spite of that personality. To watch or listen to him as a person still gives me the creeps but like you I have to confess that I have been attracted to him physically at the same time as repulsed (not so much now but like, maybe in ‘08 I’d have hit it..)

From very humble beginnings Nikki & Tommy both suddenly became gorgeous after their Saturn returns (Age 29, for Normies) which also coincided with their sobriety & their biggest payday. They ditched the makeup & drag around that time, too, so it could be a confidence thing.

Nikki somehow became more youthful-looking in his 30s & 40s, strangely. It’s like all his awkward lines & Dahmer-esque features melted into something softer & more appealing when he blew out those 30 candles. Even the gimmick (kohl, Cats hair, all black everything) suddenly worked on him where it just looked clownish before. I still can’t explain it. He’s 60 now and looks about 10 or 15 years younger, the ass (although I think surgery & $$$ helped...). I’m not saying he isn’t entirely human and could be a Fae/Incubi or something, but.

My heart bleeds a little for Vince, like it does for every pretty young girl who was used for their looks. He’s actually one of the better performers/musicians in Crue, and he took the blame for most of their collective bullshit which took a stressing toll on his looks (along with his partying & personal demons). He had a lovely femininity about his looks in his 20s, but him buying into all the macho crap of the scene ruined what mileage he had on it.

Whatever. They all got away with using & abusing others (especially women & girls) along their way, so I don’t care much if they decay before time. Their music hasn’t aged as well as their faces; Hanoi Rocks & L.A. Guns were always better, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 12, 2017 6:16 PM

Apparently DL-fave Douglas Booth is a first choice to play Nikki Sixx in the biopic they’re making based on ‘The Dirt’. That’s a choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41December 12, 2017 11:40 PM

Thank you R22 for your post. I loved Tom Waits, and Lily Tomlin (hell, I loved the movie) in Short Cuts. Can't really listen to him sing, but I love the guy. Wish I could appreciate his music. Their two characters (plus their daughter, Lili Taylor, another favourite) are what I love most about the movie Short Cuts. But like I said, I love the whole movie. Thanks again, R22, and hello from France and Portugal.

by Anonymousreply 42December 13, 2017 12:16 AM

Not surprised by R24's post. The guys from Blur have always had a reputation for being - urgh, the video says it all.

I used to find Alex James gorgeous, still do, I suppose. Didn't like Graham. Dave seemed ok. Damon annoyed me but I felt oddly attracted, including his weird voice. I envied Alex James' hair.

Google any picture of Damon Albarn now, you'll feel vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 43December 13, 2017 12:19 AM

Albarn's turning 50 in March. Hell, that nose...

by Anonymousreply 44December 13, 2017 12:20 AM

Blur notwithstanding (who could actually be rather arty and deep) so-called Britpop killed Shoegaze, Dream & the Jangle revival. It was the worst pop-cultural movement, cynical & contrived by Leftist politicians.

If Britpop has aged miserably, so much the better. The U.K. music scene still hasn’t recovered from its ill effects....

by Anonymousreply 45December 13, 2017 12:41 AM

This is from a thread from 2008:

"Annie Lennox is an arrogant, pompous ass. God forbid she has to condescend to speak to any of the little people for more than 30 seconds. Someone needs to wake her up and tell her she hasn't been relevant in 20 years. Dave Stewart is the opposite of her. A little full of himself but very nice."

I love Annie! Say it ain't so!

by Anonymousreply 46December 13, 2017 3:29 AM

A friend of mine was travelling to the Caribbean years ago and ended up sitting in first class next to Lionel Richie.

They started talking, turned out they were staying at the same luxury resort, and agreed to meet for drinks when they both get there. After some time there, they ended up having sex. When he was about to cum, he asked her if he could cum in her hair. She didn't want to do this at all and got mad, and they stopped having sex. Lionel then said:"Why do you have to go on and make this all weird?", which was the end of their Caribbean affair.

On her cellphone voicemail, she would sing his song "Hello" and changed the lyrics to, "I can see it in your eyes..I can see it in your hair."

by Anonymousreply 47December 13, 2017 9:38 AM

Did you write this, R45?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 13, 2017 9:46 AM

I have always hated Annie Lennox and thought the Eurythmics were elevator music, masquerading as edgy. There was something about her that got on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 49December 13, 2017 9:48 AM

R43 by conventional measure Alex James must be one of the luckiest chuffers alive.

Born wealthy & gorgeous; getting a top-notch (or at least, top-shelf) Education; leading an exciting & glamorous social life in his youth where his main vices were sex, absinthe & Tattingers; the adulation if masses of music fans and headlining enormous international gigs; his music all over some genuinely excellent game-changing hit songs and going multi-Platinum....the list goes on.

To top it all off he’s now got hundreds of acres of prime land and a local farm business that is doing very well, plus a devoted wife by whom he’s got several beautiful healthy children and more influential friends than we could dream. His band had a very successful reunion recently with no acrimony at all. He’s charming, eloqent, well-liked. He even kept his hair and (some of) his looks. Bastard.

The worst anyone can say about his life is that the general public think he’s out-of-touch, stupid & vacuous (and also a bit of a tosspot for pretending to be a country Gent) but perhaps that’s sour grapes. Even if he is a hollow shell, at least he’s had a pretty good run of life in the earthly sense.

Is all that enough ground to call him a jerk?

by Anonymousreply 50December 13, 2017 4:32 PM

R39 honey, you might have a chance with Nikki. There have been rumors about his possible bisexuality (and unfaithfulness to his wives) for years, quiet but steady & continual whispers since the 90s (forget what you’ve heard...remember Jani Lane?).

Nikki has had close friends & collaborators in the music business who are gay/bi, so at the very least we can say he isn’t a homophobe & has no problem with us. The presence of drag performers in Crue stadium tours was usually his idea, as was the band’s early queer-rock glitter aesthetic. He didn’t like Prince (and shame on him for that) but he does idolise Mick Jagger and David Bowie, both gay icons.

These days he supports LGB charities as part of his work with youths in recovery, talks about gay kids in his outreach speeches and even did ‘NoH8’ early on (with his eldest son Gunner, a teen then). Half of this was probably trend-hopping ‘ally’ BS for PR, but still, gay-interest...

So I say go for it R39, unless you’re not into older guys or aren’t in College yet (then try Gunner). If you want to chat to Nikki hit up his Twitter, where he never seems to shut up (it was his birthday last week; say happy belated and ask if he wants a hay-jay...)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 13, 2017 5:57 PM

Bob Weir of the grateful dead had the woman who is now his wife living with him and was having sex with her when she was 15. But if you know anything about him this should not really surprise you.

by Anonymousreply 52December 15, 2017 11:14 PM

Not to speak ill of the lauded dead, but...didn’t Bowie want to start something with 15-Year-old Jennifer Connelly when they shot LABYRINTH together? He had a hand in casting her, if I remember rightly...

Don’t think anything came of it, however, so hopefully David’s gentlemanly side won out. Or that whole rumour was pure smut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 16, 2017 12:18 PM

R53 never heard that rumour, and I've read a lot about Bowie. There was something in the script about them kissing and Bowie vetoed it. Perhaps that's what you're thinking of.

by Anonymousreply 54December 16, 2017 1:12 PM

More gossip/info about Lou Reed, and the rest of the Velvet Underground and Warhol factory scene people please. Was Lou Reed mentally ill or just usually drunk or on multiple drugs in interviews?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55December 16, 2017 8:33 PM

r55 a bit of both? he had a mental breakdown when he was younger and somehow wound up receiving electro shock therapy after admitting that he was attracted to other men (this was in the 1950s). he engaged in a lot of self medication throughout the 60s and 70s, mostly booze and speed. i think that he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder and began taking real medication at some point in the 80s. apparently ended up a real teetotaler after that, but i don't think he ever fully kicked the substance abuse problems that he had developed earlier.

the velvet underground ensued a lot of sad early lives, nico and john cale were both raped at a young age.

by Anonymousreply 56December 17, 2017 12:51 PM

Thanks R56 I know Reed's parents made him get the electroshock therapy for being bisexual in the 50s or early 1960s, and that's why he did not like them.

Yes it was extremely sad how both John Cale, Nico, and a lot of other velvets/factory people wound up being sexually abused, drug addicts, and having health problems or dying early. Drummer Maureen Tucker seems to be the most regular and well balanced one of all, and went on to lead a relatively normal and quiet life after the velvet underground broke up.

by Anonymousreply 57December 17, 2017 1:27 PM

I actually think that the situation was more complicated than that r57 lou reed has a younger sister who says that their parents were very liberal, open-minded people. given that they were nyc jews, i am inclined to believe her. she claims that they signed off on the ect to treat the despondent episode that had caused him to leave college. ect has proved to be a valid treatment for bpd in some people, and even the late great carrie fisher was a major proponent. that being said, i don't doubt that reed admitted to being attracted to the same sex during his stay at the asylum, or that this influenced the doctors decision to administer ect. after all, this was the same period during which 'doctors' were playing around with eltroshock as a 'cure' for homosexual urges. either way, it seems abundantly clear that lou was completely in the dark about what was going on with his own treatment. keep in mind also that issues of mental health were completely taboo and unspoken of in the 50s--so on the one hand you the clueless parents trying help their obviously troubled son, and on the other hand you have an establishment that presents itself as trustworthy and authoritative in spite of its own ignorance. in the end, the kid ends up resentful of the parents and even more fucked up than before! its a sad story all around, and very indicative of how poorly both people with mental health problems and people who are attracted to the same sex have been treated until very recently. as side note, the sister actually went on to become a psychologist. i believe that she is still living.

by Anonymousreply 58December 17, 2017 3:39 PM

on mo tucker: she has been a devout christian throughout her life. the velvet underground couldn't play shows on saturday nights because she had to get up for church in the morning!

by Anonymousreply 59December 17, 2017 3:43 PM

These musicians are assholes: John Popper from blues traveler, loves to play drunk or coked up, is a total asshole to the audience at shows, basically tries to get with any woman he can and then does things to repulse them.

Ben Harper is a total asshole to event/venue staff.

Jon Fishman from phish is a total asshole, and not that good of a drummer, and is severely mentally unstable.

Mike Gordon from phish is a total asshole and is way too obsessed with young girls.

David Crosby is a huge asshole, snob, and thinks way too highly of himself. The same goes for Stephen Stills.

Mickey Hart of the grateful dead is in his 70s, still uses cocaine, and has rage issues, and hates deadheads unless they are paying to go to his shows.

Bill Kreutzmann also is in his 70s still uses coke, and also hates fans unless they're paying to see dead co.

Chris Robinson of the black crowes is a total asshole, coke addict/junkie, and his ex wife/GF Kate Hudson also loves cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 60December 24, 2017 6:06 PM

Mick Jagger

by Anonymousreply 61December 24, 2017 6:11 PM

Steven Tyler

by Anonymousreply 62December 24, 2017 6:11 PM

How do R62? His daughter Liv seems such a sweetheart & so genuine, and she dotes on her father...what’s the story there?

by Anonymousreply 63December 24, 2017 11:06 PM

Duane Trucks is married to Jimmy Herring's daughter, yet he flirts with women who are fans of the band widespread panic via social media, and probably cheats on his wife with them.

by Anonymousreply 64December 26, 2017 5:40 PM

Mo Tucker is also a Tea Party "patriot".

by Anonymousreply 65December 26, 2017 6:14 PM

The Strokes for a time at their beginning and ascension to stars were by the far the most incestuously gay rock group ever.

As Albert Hammond once quipped, "In this band, if theres an argument, it's like Dude, give me some tongue and let's get it on."

by Anonymousreply 66December 26, 2017 6:47 PM

lead singer of the band Red Hot Chili Peppers Anthony Kiedis

by Anonymousreply 67December 26, 2017 6:53 PM

R67 That does not shock. Flea is cool, though. In middle school he was a good pal of laidback stoner bisexual Tracii Guns.

by Anonymousreply 68December 26, 2017 7:44 PM

Steve Tyler's autobiography "Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?" was hands-down the most entertaining music biography I've ever read. He admits to a lot in there, including his relationship with an underage girl in the early years of Aerosmith. After reading it, though, I'd never want to have to spend a lot of time with him,. He has a talent for driving people crazy.

Grace Slick's autobiography was the worst music biography ever. Grace had a hell of a life, and she was pretty out of control for much of it, but to read her account, you'd think she never kicked out the jams. You have to read the accounts of her Jefferson Airplane bandmates to get the real dirt about what she was up to. Marty Balin had nothing but contempt for her. The final straw was her out-of-control performance in Germany in the 70s where she drunkenly insulted the audience and gave the Nazi salute. After that, the band asked her to quit.

Rod Stewart and Elton John were widely rumored to be much more than best mates earlier in their careers. They both played coy about it, Stewart saying he'd only admit to having a very, very high sex drive, and well, you know. In his autobiography he recounts his discovery by Long John Baldry, and claims he didn't realize for a long time that Baldry had the hots for him. He was living with Baldry, who'd come out of the shower and drop his towel, and Stewart claimed he didn't think anything of it, 'cause his dad used to take him into the locker rooms after football matches, so having wet guys walking around naked didn't mean anything to him. Yeah, Rod. Sure.

Anyhow, Rod is infamously cheap, and is rumored to have videoed his wives and girlfriends doing things they wouldn't want to admit to for use in the eventual financial settlement negotiations.

Phil Collins dumped his wife via fax.

John Fogerty is a real asshole. Sued his band (including his brother) and his former record label on account of a bad business decision he pushed the band into making, which cost them a lot of money. Of course, it was everyone else's fault. Outed his brother as having died of AIDS. Thinks he was the only talent in CCR. A hot tempered little prick who treated his mother like shit.

Phil Spector - had a hit record as part of a group with a song he wrote, then got into music production. Famous for over-wrought completely unsubtle pop anthems in mono. In prison for murder. Deserves a life sentence just for his heinous hair.

by Anonymousreply 69December 27, 2017 11:46 PM

I have to disagree on Phil Spector, he's nuts but musically he was a genius.

by Anonymousreply 70December 27, 2017 11:57 PM

Wow, I had no idea my original thread now has a second thread. I need to go read all the damn scoop. Exciting.

by Anonymousreply 71December 28, 2017 12:06 AM

So is Brian Jones the most underrated R&R jackass of all time? He's been dead for like half a century and his ex-bandmates STILL hate him. What did he do that everyone else wasn't also doing?

by Anonymousreply 72December 29, 2017 2:29 AM

After the velvet underground broke up, Mo Tucker went to work for Wal-Mart.

by Anonymousreply 73December 29, 2017 7:49 PM

Brad Nowell from Sublime.

A supreme asshole and shit head.

by Anonymousreply 74January 1, 2018 12:16 AM

This is my first time reading this thread. I did not read Part l when it was current because most of these sort of threads are just full of recycled old gossip. Tonight I am home listening to my crazy neighbors setting off firecrackers and their hand guns(this IS Florida after all) and I am spectacularly bored.

I decided to dip my toe into this thread with low expectations, so I was pleasantly surprised and impressed to read most of what has been posted thus far. As someone who was a part of the rock scene through most of the eighties, I can promise you that there are people here who know what they are talking about. And I mean in a way which speaks to their personal experience(as opposed to reading blogs and B.I.s)

It reminds me when I stumbled upon Cocaine Girl's rambling but supremely entertaining posts. I knew from the jump that she was the real deal. More than a few questioned her authenticity, but I would stake my life on her being exactly who she claimed to be. I wish I could spill some of my old stuff, but it is too difficult for me to do while maintaining my anonymity. I'm sorry, but I have been a DLer long enough to know that once you drop a few tidbits, folks will drive you nuts trying to determine your identity. So, I am doing the next best thing, which is to add my insider imprimatur to most of the stuff already shared. Happy New Year to my fellow DLers home alone like I am!

by Anonymousreply 75January 1, 2018 12:53 AM

I Googled Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde recently wondering WHET, and she seems like a real prize. Has anyone here dealt with her before? I used to like her music a lot but she seems to have issues.

by Anonymousreply 76January 1, 2018 2:15 AM

Boo, r75. Would you mind at least naming some of the people you were around? Was it more so older rock royalty, or more 80s bands?

by Anonymousreply 77January 1, 2018 2:24 AM

Mark Knopfler, anyone? I see he is mentioned as a nice guy upthread....

Also, how much of a tosser is Eric Clapton these days?

by Anonymousreply 78January 1, 2018 2:27 AM

Happy New Year, R75. If you are who I think you are, I hope you're doing well. And if you're not. . .shit, I still hope you have a great night.

by Anonymousreply 79January 1, 2018 2:44 AM

R77 I will list some bands with whom I was on tour at one time or another. I might even answer a question or 2(depending on how buzzed I am when I read it,) but, as soon as someone asks me if I was with so and so, that will be it. I truly don't mean to sound uppity or full of myself, but I don't want to go through the guessing game.

Santana

The Babys

The Joe Perry Project( while Aerosmith had broken up and Steven had a major drug issue)

Stevie Nicks

Journey

Toto

Montrose with Sammy Hagar (pre-Van Halen)

Heart

AC-DC

Hey Lewis and the News

Rush

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

REO Speed Wagon

Asia

Kenny Loggins

Stevie Ray Vaughn

The bands are absolutely in no particular order. I did not have an extended tour with all of them, rather they were on a bill for a specific number of gigs. And as I said in my original post, I know these are all oldies. There was no more touring for me post 1987, so I know very little about "newer" groups(even though they would be oldies at this time.

As you can see, no hair bands listed. I can't regale you with tales of Motley Crue , Poison, Guns and the like.(not that Guns is a hair band.)

by Anonymousreply 80January 1, 2018 2:52 AM

Anything you want to dish about Stevie Nicks, R80? I'm guessing this would have been around her prime coked up days.

by Anonymousreply 81January 1, 2018 3:09 AM

R80 I still crush on Tracii Guns and have since I was a teen; I’m one of those retro fans, not around for LAG’s career proper but getting into them later. Tracii seems like the most humane, bright, sweet-natured & talented musician I’ve ever come across. I got this close to meeting him myself for the first time last Spring, actually, but he had to cancel on the event we were due to be at.

I also have a complicated, shameful, hate-based animal attraction to Nikki Sixx, so I guess it’s better that no one fuels that.

Flipside: I wanted to marry Nancy Wilson as a kid and ‘Dog & Butterfly’ was my favorite album growing up, so I will request any & all Heart knowledge you can share.

by Anonymousreply 82January 1, 2018 3:14 AM

R80 thanks, love. That's an impressive list! I've no questions, except...Asia? There's one band you don't hear much about now. Whatever happened to them?

by Anonymousreply 83January 1, 2018 3:15 AM

R78 ask David Knopfler about his big brother and you’ll get a different tale. There’s a good chance it’s sour grapes but if you want to hear him out, check YouTube.

There’s also supposedly some more vague antipathy between Mark & fellow genius guitar stalwart Chris Rea, though no-one’s ever found out what said gripe is, exactly.

Honestly, Mark forever gets a pass from me for his beautiful lyricism & melodies.

by Anonymousreply 84January 1, 2018 3:18 AM

That was a rhetorical question, btw, I'm not expecting an answer!

by Anonymousreply 85January 1, 2018 3:18 AM

r80 I remember you from one of our late, great music gossip threads-hope you're well.

BTW, I always feel compelled to defend Stephen Stills b/c I thought he was the real talent in CSNY and he tried to keep up the music standards (especially on Deja Vu) while dealing with a lot of shit. I know he's not a saint and he had serious addiction issues, but I think he's the stereotypical "I have to be the asshole here to get projects done in the studio" guy. Am I totally off on that?

by Anonymousreply 86January 1, 2018 5:42 AM

R81 All the guys loved Stevie. She really was every rock star's rock goddess. I do not know if the story about Stevie and the backstage cocaine ass toots came from me or whether they preceded my telling the story here 5 years ago, but there was a roadie named Kevin who basically was assigned the task of doling out Stevie's drugs. While I have no doubt that there are a million guys who would have gladly performed the act, I have to tell ya that he wasn't too happy about it. But the musicians adored her. They knew that she was the real deal, and they also romanticized her as the fairyland good witch she portrayed on stage. No one tried to hit on her, because they views her as above the hook up level. I have never heard a negative word spoken by any rocker about Stevie.

R82 I share your passion for Nancy Wilson. She is one of the few women with which I would have happily hooked up. I am not a lesbian, and neither is she, but she was so beautiful and she had such stage presence, I would have jumped at the opportunity had it arisen. And while Ann certainly had the more exceptional vocal skills, don't ever underestimate Nancy's ability to carry a number. She was another woman who male rockers were in awe of. I am sorry to tell you that when I said "Guns," I meant GnR, not LA Guns. I saw LA Guns one at the Whiskey though, and they were a great live show.

R83 A mutual friend and A&R rep named John Kolodner was responsible for that alliance. Also, the keyboardist in the band I was associated with was an old friend of Steve Howe, I don't know what happened to them post-'88, but I am sure that they stayed together at least 6 or 7 more years.

R80 Aww, thank you for the kind words. I had a feeling that one person would remember me even though it has been a long time. I admire you for standing up for a man you think highly of, regardless of the conventional thought. It would be impolitic of me to say anything further in a negative vein so I won't. And let's face it, no one who is a success in that business is without detractors. My own SO was a target of as much negativity as he was of raves. It goes with the territory.

by Anonymousreply 87January 1, 2018 6:30 AM

Johnette...my sister said she had a clothes store in Silver lake and then 9/11 hit and Concrete Blonde made another album...

Oh wait. That was a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 88January 1, 2018 6:35 AM

Thanks for your thoughts on Stevie, R87. You're the best and you've been missed here!

by Anonymousreply 89January 1, 2018 6:11 PM

R80

I'd like to hear any and all info you have about Kenny Loggins.

TIA.

by Anonymousreply 90January 1, 2018 11:24 PM

R80 what was Tom Petty like in the 1980s, strung out on lots of heroin and coke?

What about Santana? He is majorly into drugs but mainly cannabis/herb, acid, and probably mushrooms, did he use a lot of coke and heroin in the 80s?

Is it true that Eric Clapton is bisexual and had sex with Mick Jagger? I read this in a book about bisexuality called vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 91January 2, 2018 4:10 AM

Seconding the Tom Petty and/or the Heartbreakers request.

by Anonymousreply 92January 2, 2018 4:28 AM

That one about Eric Clapton may be the strangest gay rumor I've ever heard, but I've seen it from multiple sources. Sometimes it's just that he fucked some unspecified guy in the 70s.

Does anyone know where it actually came from?

by Anonymousreply 93January 2, 2018 4:35 AM

Clapton being gay, closeted, and not out would explain why for decades he was an alcoholic/junkie, and why he would abuse/rape his wives/cheat on them, not care about his kids, etc.

by Anonymousreply 94January 2, 2018 4:40 AM

Pete Townshend is a pedo but this is not a secret. Unfortunately he got a slap on the wrist and he was not caught within the past few years or recently, and if someone's really doing actual research or wants help about being sexually abused/groomed by a pedo, etc. they will go to a therapist and talk, not download or visit sites for illegal porn like Pete did. He can claim all he wants about how it was to expose UK banks, etc. but he's full of shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 2, 2018 4:43 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96January 2, 2018 4:44 AM

Hi r80! I'm not sure if you are a musician too, so I'm asking this from that perspective. I just read Laurel Canyon. Is it true that Neil Young isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer? And that he is/was a real phony and a prick? Just curious if you'd ever heard how he was perceived by actual musicians, did they think he was as good as he thinks, lol?

Another question, do you have any particularly fun sex stories to share? That would be great if you can! Xxoo!

by Anonymousreply 97January 2, 2018 4:45 AM

Also any good Crosby stories??? Or Joni Mitchell? Thanks r80!

by Anonymousreply 98January 2, 2018 4:47 AM

R80, I'd love to hear about Kenny Loggins and Journey. Saw Journey in one of those ridiculously huge stadiums with a bunch of other acts. Heard about dueling divas between Neil and Steve.

Saw Kenny Loggins for heartlight tour or something like that. He was really thin and hyper. I think This Imboden was his drummer, who is now with Chicago (a group with big cocaine issues in the past)

by Anonymousreply 99January 2, 2018 5:05 AM

Hey, i want to hear more about AC / DC! Love them! actually met angus young twice and he was supernice to fans! he's tiny.

Axl Rose only drinks beer now. I met someone who used to put drugs into axl rose's clothing at gigs. he still works in the music biz as crew.

I can confirm above poster who said rod steward is a tight wad. a friend served him and his friends drinks but no tip was left.

by Anonymousreply 100January 2, 2018 5:16 AM

Rod Stewart used to put cocaine up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 101January 2, 2018 7:10 AM

I know they are not rock, but anything about Massive Attack?

by Anonymousreply 102January 2, 2018 7:28 AM

Anything from this century?

by Anonymousreply 103January 2, 2018 7:28 AM

Mr. Joe Cocker had a drinking problem. Allegedly.

by Anonymousreply 104January 2, 2018 7:30 AM

heh, it's well known that Joe Cocker had addictions to alcohol, heroin, and used lots of other drugs and got sober.

by Anonymousreply 105January 2, 2018 7:31 AM

^moron^ I am making fun of your ancient "T" This thread is fucking hilariously boring and y'all are old as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 106January 2, 2018 7:35 AM

David Crosby forced Gene Clark out of the byrds.

The members of neutral milk hotel love their cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 107January 2, 2018 7:41 AM

R80, if you may, a few morsels on Huey Lewis would make my day. Thanks. I’ve worked with some bands, but I’ve always wondered if Huey is: what you see is what you get. Or is he in character every time he’s in public, like Jeff Foxworthy types.

by Anonymousreply 108January 2, 2018 9:04 AM

[quote]The Strokes for a time at their beginning and ascension to stars were by the far the most incestuously gay rock group ever. As Albert Hammond once quipped, "In this band, if theres an argument, it's like Dude, give me some tongue and let's get it on.

Oh, LORD...

by Anonymousreply 109January 2, 2018 10:01 AM

R96 Keith Richards said Mick Jagger was small in his autobiography. R103 you're joking surely. Everyone in the music business got their shit locked down in the 90's, by the latest.

by Anonymousreply 110January 2, 2018 4:57 PM

A neighbor of mine, female, worked at some restaurant in Marina Del Ray in college and Jon Bon Jovi and his entourage came in one night. She said they were really nice and had none of the "don't you know who I am" shit some others have used. Very quiet and pleasant. The drummer was really into her friend who was also working and invited them back to the hotel to party. Her friend said Cher was in there too. She was dating Richie Sambora(?) but my neighbor doesn't recall seeing her.

In the end, my neighbor said NO to the hotel "party".

by Anonymousreply 111January 2, 2018 5:12 PM

R93 according to google, the source was gossip from John Dunbar (ex husband of Marianne Faithful). Will do a bit more googling and see if I can turn anything else up.

by Anonymousreply 112January 2, 2018 5:14 PM

R93 that rumour was about Mick Jagger and Eric Clapton. Didn't find out any other references or rumours, but many references to him dating wonen. From my research I conclude that Eric Clapton is not only most likely totally hetrosexual, but also very boring.

by Anonymousreply 113January 2, 2018 6:11 PM

Where did r80 go? We need you girl! It's this or treason, there's nothing else good.

by Anonymousreply 114January 2, 2018 6:23 PM

it's quite obvious Mick Jagger is small, in some early footage, like from the 70s, he wore really tight pants, barely a bulge.

by Anonymousreply 115January 2, 2018 6:31 PM

From the 90s the worst Rob Zombie, Richard Patrick, Fred Durst, Scott Weiland..Trent Reznor used to pick up NYU asaian college girls and fuck them in their dorm room....giving them an alias & saying "people tell me all the time I'm look like Trent Reznor."......

by Anonymousreply 116January 2, 2018 7:10 PM

r116 why wouldn't he just tell them that he's Trent Renzor? I feel like being rich & famous would be more incentive to fuck him, not less.

by Anonymousreply 117January 2, 2018 8:00 PM

r47 I think you've posted that Lionel Ritchie tale here before years ago and it was hilarious. Thanks for the re-laugh.

by Anonymousreply 118January 2, 2018 8:27 PM

Love this thread. Any alternative rock band dirt out there? -- L7, Babes in Toyland, The Breeders, Siouxsie, Throwing Muses, Psychedelic Furs, The Cult, and so on... Thank Yewwwmmmmwah- x!

by Anonymousreply 119January 2, 2018 8:28 PM

Thanks r112 / r113 Clapton also strikes me as bland at best and a complete monster at worst, and I think that's why that rumour fascinates me. It's just such a bizarre-bordering-on-absurd sentiment that it's kind of funny to me.

by Anonymousreply 120January 2, 2018 9:32 PM

fuck eric clapton, he's a fucking racist and bigot. i forgot to put him on the 2018 death list. he ain't gonna be here long. he played in nyc this year and the reviews were utter shit!

by Anonymousreply 121January 2, 2018 10:19 PM

The Uncomfortable Disregard for Legendary Rockers’ Sexual Misconduct

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122January 2, 2018 10:26 PM

[Quote]In 1975, Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler, then 27, began dating a 16-year-old girl named Julia Holcomb[/quote]

Isn't this the "more legs than a bucket of chicken" girl identified as 14 in "Walk This Way"? It's right at the beginning of the book. I think he added two years to her age in his memoir.

I set his book down after he started whining about his wife dumping him for infidelity. Poor baby.

by Anonymousreply 123January 2, 2018 11:19 PM

He is dating a twenty-something year old now. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 124January 3, 2018 12:52 AM

What older musicians DO date people in their own age group? Or are married to people their age, for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 125January 3, 2018 1:14 AM

Do you without an open marriage or past/present repeated infidelity?

by Anonymousreply 126January 3, 2018 1:18 AM

[quote]What older musicians DO date people in their own age group? Or are married to people their age, for that matter?

Ozzy Osbourne, Sting, Bono...but they aren't faithful, of course.

by Anonymousreply 127January 3, 2018 1:24 AM

Charlie Watts? Alice Cooper? Paul McCartney with Linda?

by Anonymousreply 128January 3, 2018 1:50 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129January 3, 2018 2:53 AM

What is wrong with Sting's nose in the r129 picture?

by Anonymousreply 130January 3, 2018 3:01 AM

Gad, Trudie is one ugly hag.

by Anonymousreply 131January 3, 2018 3:03 AM

r128 Paul hooked up with a 20-something after Linda passed. It did not go well, nor did it last. She was missing a leg though, so points for originality there I guess...

Bowie was within 10 years of his wife, which I didn't realize. That woman hasn't aged visibly for the past 30 years.

by Anonymousreply 132January 3, 2018 3:10 AM

Is it only ten years r132? I thought maybe 15-20 but even that was a bit of a shock. She can have the most wonderful speaking voice at times, but I don't know if it shows in public. She's one of the most charming and intelligent people I've ever had the pleasure of conversing with. She can have a wonderful lilt to her voice that almost rhythmically matches the twinkle in her eyes.

We smoked cigarettes together.

by Anonymousreply 133January 3, 2018 3:29 AM

If r80 returns, maybe we can get some backstory on the bad blood between Tom Petty and Stan Lynch

by Anonymousreply 134January 3, 2018 3:31 AM

Damn, Steven Tyler looks like Michelle Bachmann in the pic @R122.

by Anonymousreply 135January 3, 2018 3:51 AM

There's lots of back story about Petty and Lynch in the books about the band, r134. Basically, Stan felt that everything got blamed on him as the drummer, and Tom felt that Stan created unnecessary drama.

by Anonymousreply 136January 3, 2018 4:32 AM

Ew. (Sting.)

by Anonymousreply 137January 3, 2018 6:14 AM

my friend hung out with sting more than 10 years ago in a bar. Sting did not have any money on him, my friend had to buy him a drink.

by Anonymousreply 138January 3, 2018 6:38 AM

He had his wallet; he's just stingy.

by Anonymousreply 139January 3, 2018 6:43 AM

Wasn't Alex James from Blur the dude with the 1 million pound a year coke habit? Years ago, on BBC Amercia, I saw a documentary about Alex. He looked damn great for a guy who had such bad habit. He was the best looking guy in Blur. His wife and kids were even gorgeous. Think he produces some high-end goat cheese on his farm.

It was not news that all the guys in Blur came from posh backgrounds, think the documentary touched upon the bands ongoing feud with Oasis, who were so proud to be working class..

by Anonymousreply 140January 3, 2018 6:44 AM

Sting has always had a rep for being super cheap. When Sting is in NYC, at his CPW co-op, he frequently goes to Scores, he would never tip the strippers. Well, he does have six kids and now some grandkids to leave his millions to. It doesn't appear that any of his children work or if they do, they sure don't make enough money to keep them in the lifestyle they're used to. Two of his kids are musicians and two of his female children are actresses, how much money any of them earn is unknown. None would be considered famous in their fields.

Jimmy Page is also very cheap, he used to try to get guitar strings for free. Unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 141January 3, 2018 6:50 AM

Alex James has a range of decent cheese, but then he also does this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 3, 2018 6:52 AM

Some of the guys in Aerosmith did a lot of drugs and had sex with groupies. I don't know if that's true but my grandma told me so. Also Pat Boone skips church sometimes. Elvis took a lot of Nyquil.

by Anonymousreply 143January 3, 2018 6:52 AM

Fuck off, R143. If you have better gossip about rockers, rappers or whoever YOU listen to, spill. The gossip here might be old, but it's damn interesting. Don't comment unless you can do better.

What's music gossip about today? Rappers having 10 children with 10 different women? Musicians getting tons of plastic surgery and big fake ass implants? Hipster bands from Bushwick parroting music from 40 years ago?!

If you have better gossip, spill the tea...otherwise...FUCK OFF.

by Anonymousreply 144January 3, 2018 6:57 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 145January 7, 2018 5:21 PM

(r78) and (R84) I have been in the same circles as both Dave and Mark Knopfler. Both are incredibly down to Earth and sweet guys. The rift between them back in the day was more Dave's fault than Mark. Mark is of course the genius behind the group and he took Dave along for the ride. This isn't a feud like Liam and Noel Gallagher by any stretch. They just aren't that close. I asked another person who is closer to them if they were both going to show up at the R&R Hall of Fame induction and he said Dave was waiting to see what Mark wanted to do.

by Anonymousreply 146January 7, 2018 7:20 PM

Heard Mark Knopfler married a Puerto Rican woman from NYC, how random. Or am I thinking of some other British musician?

You have to wonder how this happens, UK musicians meeting PR New Yorkers. I realize these guys travel so much but how does one sustain a long distance relationship? Especially musicians who meet tons of horny women.

Dave was much better looking than Mark, different mother?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 7, 2018 8:43 PM

For the guy who worked with the Babys, is John Waite gay? He looks GAF but he's listed as "divorced."

by Anonymousreply 148January 7, 2018 9:48 PM

(R147) He's married to a Brit named Kitty. Very nice woman as well.

by Anonymousreply 149January 7, 2018 10:35 PM

Any gossip on Jerry Cantrell? besides well-known facts like drugs and his huge cock?

by Anonymousreply 150January 7, 2018 11:12 PM

Any pics of Jerry's huge cock?

by Anonymousreply 151January 7, 2018 11:30 PM

R151 No nudes available, but there's a whole tumblr dedicated to his bulge. Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152January 7, 2018 11:40 PM

Who are the famous rock musicians who AREN'T jerks. Even those known for being sweeties are jerks once you get to know them.

by Anonymousreply 153January 7, 2018 11:42 PM

John Waite oddly enough is straight. The whole makeup/femme bit was sort of analogous to Motely Crue and Poison's adoption of the look. He was a very good guy as was Jay Cain the keyboardist. Cain's wife Tane' was a more than a sideshow. She was the whole circus.

But she was the muse behind "Faithfully," so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 154January 8, 2018 1:48 AM

Waite dated Alison Kraus for a while.

by Anonymousreply 155January 8, 2018 1:52 AM

Years ago after a 10,000 Maniacs concert, my friends & I who were what is now considered “goth” were probably debating where to go next. Anyhow Natalie Merchant was sitting on a sort of riser step outside, I think waiting for stuff to get loaded on the tour bus. She was chatting with fans amicably. She seemed a bit tired, but very sweet.

by Anonymousreply 156January 8, 2018 3:19 AM

R116 I still remember the Fred Durst porn video.

by Anonymousreply 157January 8, 2018 8:36 AM

Unless you are a woman, or food, Dave Schools of widespread panic will ignore you.

by Anonymousreply 158January 12, 2018 7:42 PM

R130 fake nose

by Anonymousreply 159January 12, 2018 8:05 PM

Exposed! Rockstars or Pedophiles?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160January 12, 2018 8:08 PM

[quote][R130] fake nose

Naaah, that's Sting's actual nose. He didn't exactly get great nose jobs. He had two. The first was sufficient.

Here's some pics, the first nose job to the left, the second which he didn't need. The second created a weird little 'bulb'. It seems to be pinched more at the tip. Maybe some plastic surgeons reading this thread could weigh in on why he chose more plastic surgery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161January 12, 2018 9:09 PM

Sting's original nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162January 12, 2018 9:12 PM

Rod Stewart is a really nice guy and very funny. Ann and Nancy Wilson are very cool. Jon Bon Jovi is very cool too. Pat Benatar, David Gilmour, and Ian Anderson are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 163January 12, 2018 9:31 PM

Sweet little Jackson Browne is a violent pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 164January 12, 2018 9:36 PM

It's not his actual nose if he had done nose jobs it's a fake nose

by Anonymousreply 165January 12, 2018 9:51 PM

[quote]It's not his actual nose if he had done nose jobs it's a fake nose.

Whoever you are, you are fucking insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 166January 12, 2018 9:54 PM

eric clapton just said he's going deaf!

by Anonymousreply 167January 12, 2018 10:00 PM

r163 how is Anderson a jerk?

by Anonymousreply 168January 12, 2018 10:04 PM

r167 I wish he was going mute! That ass has never put out anything that I like, all very boring.

by Anonymousreply 169January 20, 2018 8:52 PM

Sting original nose looked fine. He looked hot then.

by Anonymousreply 170January 21, 2018 3:52 AM

This is a song about groupies. Karen Carpenter covered it.

I am sure some of the groupies were raped, or drugged/date raped, but a lot of them had consensual sex with musicians and wanted to have sex with musicians in the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

I know someone who their mom was a groupie and she and her female friend had sex with a then famous singer who had in the early 80s but was not underage, and both used coke with the singer. According to my friend's mom the singer was very nice to she and her friend. Yeah, boring story but it's par for the time period.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171January 25, 2018 9:09 PM

Henry Wayne Casey, of K.C. & The Sunshine Band. A casual acquaintance was an Amex Travel account executive in Miami, in the late '90s-early '00s. She told me a story about being rousted out of bed one night & schlepping to Miami-Dade airport, to deal his bullshit. He'd landed on a flight from....Peru? Argentina? (somewhere in S.America) -- and he'd brought a fucking ALPACA back with him!

Naturally, he was shocked & outraged when U.S. Customs agents told him, "No." The animal would have to be quarantined for 90 days (or whatever the period was) before entering the country. He made a big scene, pulled the whole "Don't you KNOW who I am?!?!" schtick. (Customs agents: "No. And we don't care.") I guess someone in his entourage called Amex Travel to facilitate, talk to Customs.

She said he was THE biggest, most entitled asshole she'd ever met in her life! Despite her attempts to calmly explain that you can't just bring animals into the U.S. from foreign countries, without quarantine, he kept berating her for not being able to "fix this", and "What do I pay Amex Travel for?!" He also had an incredibly inflated sense of his own fame -- kept talking about WHO he was....which just made my friend laugh. All she could keep thinking was, "Dude, you're some washed up disco-guy! Stop acting like you're fucking Mick Jagger or Bono."

by Anonymousreply 172January 26, 2018 12:26 AM

That's funny R172, he is gay but not really out.

by Anonymousreply 173January 28, 2018 2:29 AM

Wayne Coyne is a douche and at flaming lips shows does not STFU between songs.

by Anonymousreply 174February 1, 2018 8:40 AM

Tell us more, r164. I just saw him in concert a couple months ago. It was a charity gig and he seemed sweet.

by Anonymousreply 175February 1, 2018 8:51 AM

R175 Jackson Browne beat up his ex/former girlfriends. I would not be surprised to learn he'e s pedo/hebephile or has had sex with underage girls/teenagers through the decades. JB open up for Tom Petty more than a decade ago and they both put on a great show but my friend who I was with who really likes Jackson Browne said how Browne used a lot of coke in the 70s and 80s but how this was common then.

by Anonymousreply 176February 1, 2018 5:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!