Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Gays and Tennis -- Part 22

Is this where we talk about year-end championships?

The Next Gen finals should be as compelling as the WTA. Yawn.

This thread will probably serve us until the Australian Open.

Here’s Justin Gimelstob discussing Domi’s Sweet Cheeks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 6, 2018 1:23 PM

Thank you, OP

by Anonymousreply 1November 3, 2017 9:18 PM

You’re welcome, R1. Now go post in the old thread. It’s not dead yet.

by Anonymousreply 2November 3, 2017 9:19 PM

Nope. Just gonna stay here and stare at Sweet Cheeks for a while.

by Anonymousreply 3November 3, 2017 9:26 PM

Sock is down 0-3 in the first set. Is he going to choke this away? Super bummed DelPo won't be in London, that would have been great. I like PCB, but I suppose Isner would give the top guys a tougher go. If Rafa pulls out, however, could Isner and Sock both go?

by Anonymousreply 4November 3, 2017 9:32 PM

[quote] Nope. Just gonna stay here and stare at Sweet Cheeks for a while.

R1/R3, that a perfectly laudable option. I most approve.

by Anonymousreply 5November 3, 2017 9:34 PM

heheheheh...he said tuckus

by Anonymousreply 6November 3, 2017 9:56 PM

I cannot believe Isner is probably going to win Paris. The men's field really fell apart at this tournament. Dimitrov had another shameful choke up 5-2 against him and then Del Potro (who usually owns Isner) lost in 3 as well.

by Anonymousreply 7November 3, 2017 11:01 PM

Good Lord Isner is hideous. He looks like he was conceived by a taffy making machine.

by Anonymousreply 8November 4, 2017 1:48 PM

A tremendous tuckus!

by Anonymousreply 9November 4, 2017 1:52 PM

Good. Krajinović beats Isner in Paris, so one fewer Trumpster to worry about at the YEC in London.

by Anonymousreply 10November 4, 2017 3:42 PM

R10 hey! Don’t you like Sock’s fat ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 4, 2017 3:55 PM

wow Sock vs. Krajinovic final. Sock's incredible lucky season continues. If he wins the title he's in the YEC. Thanks Edmund for choking in the first round against him. ugh.

This kind of crazy result is what I expect to see more of next year, with random finalists

by Anonymousreply 12November 4, 2017 5:32 PM

in Zhuhai it'll be Coco vs. Goerges for the title

by Anonymousreply 13November 4, 2017 5:33 PM

I hadn't noticed Krajinovic before the other week when he was in Moscow, I think. He's cute. We can keep him. And his alpha daddy coach ripping his shirt off every once in a while doesn't hurt, either.

Don't love Jack Sock, but his ass gave me so much pleasure this week I can be happy for him to make the final. Though I'm still rooting for Krajinovic. If he manages to win the whole thing and deny Sock the trip to London...I think we all know that PCB is one powerful voodoo bitch. Respect.

by Anonymousreply 14November 4, 2017 5:47 PM

PCB and Thiem will be the whipping boys of their respective round robin team at YEC London

by Anonymousreply 15November 4, 2017 7:14 PM

Well somebody’s got to be the pass-around bottom, r15.

by Anonymousreply 16November 4, 2017 8:48 PM

How ironic that white trash alt-righter Tennys Sandgren has reached the Charlottesville challenger final.

by Anonymousreply 17November 4, 2017 8:53 PM

R16 that’s hot 🤤

by Anonymousreply 18November 4, 2017 9:00 PM

Cowboy JMG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 5, 2017 1:34 AM

Tennis had a really off year in 2017.

Injuries to Djokovic and Murray hampered them for much of the year. Nadal and Federer were able to hold it together for most of the year, but now both are a bit banged up at season's end. The supporting cast also had injuries early in the year (Del Porto, Tsonga) or late in the year (Wawrinka, Nishikori), and the next generation has yet to break through in the majors, with Zverev, Kyrgios, Theim all coming up short.

The woman had 3 of 4 top players miss most of the year due to pregnancy/childbirth (Serena), drug suspension/injury (Sharapova), and custody issues (Azarenka). The oldest big-name player managed to play a full season (Venus) but couldn't deliver in her biggest moments. You have a number one who can't win big matches (Halep), a potential great champion who continues to choke (Muguruza), and a few up and coming Americans who, despite endless WTA publicity, remain woefully inconsistent (Keys, Stephens, Vandeweghe).

The sport leadership continues to attempt to sweep its biggest issues under the table (performance enhancing and match-fixing), and insist on telling everyone how great the health of the sport is. Interest in the U.S. seems to be in perpetual decline, empty stands internationally are becoming more frequent, and there are literally no stars ready to carry the sport forward once the marquee players (all of whom are Over 30) retire.

As always, we hope for a great next season, but 2017 was sorely lacking.

by Anonymousreply 20November 5, 2017 2:07 PM

Jack Sock is now the owner of a Masters title.

Come on, 2018. Cleanse us of this awful year.

by Anonymousreply 21November 5, 2017 4:01 PM

Jack Sock's route to his first Masters 1000 title:

R2: Edmund

R3: (17)Pouille

QF: Verdasco

SF: Benneteau

F: Krajinovic

He had harder paths at 250 level tournaments.

by Anonymousreply 22November 5, 2017 4:14 PM

I was hoping to see Delpo in the ATP Finals but I guess the only way he's get there is if both Rafa and Fed don't show up. A possibility not too far from likely. I am guessing Djoker and Misery will be back in 2018 and wil likely easily dominate the rest of the year like Rafa and Roger did in 2017 which is too bad given their lack of charisma.

by Anonymousreply 23November 5, 2017 4:57 PM

The rise of Sock is leading to the death of men's tennis. He seems to have inherited Andy Roddick's bizarre luck. It wouldn't surprise me if Sock came through a draw that fell apart to win his lone lucky slam too in the next 2-3 years. His Paris draw was pathetic. He went 3 sets multiple times too.

by Anonymousreply 24November 5, 2017 6:28 PM

Ugh. They might indict (not induct) him into the hall of fame as well. Roddick’s being there is not deserved, and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 25November 5, 2017 6:44 PM

I think they put Roddick in cause they were desperate for a Murcan male.

by Anonymousreply 26November 5, 2017 6:48 PM

Is Sock a Trump fan too like Isner and Querrey?

by Anonymousreply 27November 5, 2017 6:54 PM

[quote]Is Sock a Trump fan too like Isner and Querrey?

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 28November 5, 2017 7:00 PM

What's a Justin Grimyslob? Gimmeblob...? Tinygob...? Slimyknob...?

by Anonymousreply 29November 5, 2017 7:07 PM

r27

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 5, 2017 7:07 PM

r27

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 5, 2017 7:08 PM

I suspect Sock is an idiot. He says he didn’t vote at all in the presidential elections, but won’t be drawn on who he would have voted for. He says he doesn’t follow politics. Translated into Murcan, that’d be a ringing endorsement for the Trumptard, I reckon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 5, 2017 7:08 PM

Andy had actual talent and good looks, Sock has neither.

by Anonymousreply 33November 5, 2017 7:09 PM

[quote] What's a Justin Grimyslob? Gimmeblob...? Tinygob...? Slimyknob...?

One can stob a Gimmel.

by Anonymousreply 34November 5, 2017 7:13 PM

baby daddy Taylor Fritz dressed up as Ronaldo for Halloween

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 5, 2017 7:17 PM

and don't forget Sock's Delray title win this year was thanks to a walkover from an injured Raonic. Lucky

by Anonymousreply 36November 5, 2017 8:37 PM

R33 Roddick had an amazing serve and a decent forehand. The rest of his game was nothing special, barely top 50. He would get exposed on his backhand, volleys and movement against players who could return his serve and forehand.. and you say good looks? With those beady eyes? He's quite average. Sock is below average obviously but his game is similar to Roddick's. The biggest difference is Sock is a much better volleyer but his biggest weapons the serve and forehand are more inconsistent than Roddick's

by Anonymousreply 37November 5, 2017 8:39 PM

I'm no Roddick fan - the way he treated umpires and linespeople was telling - but he was able to finish in the Year End Top Ten for 9 straight years, including No. 1 in 2003. Yes the serve and forehand were among the best of his generation, and his other strokes paled in comparison. But you don't achieve his success based on just two weapons. Otherwise we'd see guys like Karlovic, Isner, etc. with much better results.

by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2017 9:47 PM

Roddick won a major, several Masters and made the finals of a few more majors. Plus, he got to #1. You don't get that far without talent.

by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2017 10:51 PM

I like rabbit face Sock. But I don't think either he or Theim is going to win any of the round robin matches in YEC. Not even if they will be pit against little David.

by Anonymousreply 40November 6, 2017 4:22 AM

Jack NASTY!

by Anonymousreply 41November 6, 2017 2:24 PM

DL Villainess, Coco, is in the Top Ten!

by Anonymousreply 42November 7, 2017 3:09 AM

I can't believe no one here is talking about the Next Gen Finals Draw ceremony with the slutty models parading letters A or B on their bodies and making the players pull them from them! Apparently the ATP is taking a lot of heat over this. Poor Jared Donaldson looked like the 14 year old boy stuck with his Daddy's hooker to take his virginity. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 43November 7, 2017 9:07 AM

[quote] I can't believe no one here is talking about the Next Gen Finals Draw ceremony with the slutty models parading letters A or B on their bodies and making the players pull them from them!

I just wasn’t sure whether this is where we talk about Next Gen finals.

by Anonymousreply 44November 7, 2017 11:36 AM

Can someone please explain the rules?

by Anonymousreply 45November 7, 2017 2:58 PM

R43—it was in Italy, organised by the Italian tennis federation, who have yet to really fine or even reprimand Fognini for his racist behaviour. It would have been noteworthy if it had been a classy, nonsexist, nonheterocentrist ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 46November 7, 2017 4:27 PM

R46, The ATP and Red Bull is taking the hit for sexist draw ceremony...the Italian federation claims it had nothing to do with the organization of the ceremony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 7, 2017 4:52 PM

I think Shapo is kinda hot. So sue me.

by Anonymousreply 48November 7, 2017 4:56 PM

I didn’t get an invitation to Andy’s exhibition with Federer.

by Anonymousreply 49November 7, 2017 4:59 PM

^ I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 50November 7, 2017 5:01 PM

Did Judy Murray voiced her opinion on the whole Kevin Spacey issue? She knows that Kevin always wanted to be close with Misery and she is very highly opinionated person on socials issues as does the Misery .

It would be interesting if either of them said anything about Spacey .

by Anonymousreply 51November 7, 2017 5:05 PM

Does Marcelo Melo go with Zverev everywhere now? He's in Milan where Zverev is playing an exho vs Tsitsipas right now...

by Anonymousreply 52November 7, 2017 5:19 PM

Chances Nadal plays in the YEC? I hope (if healthy) he does. This might be his best chance to win the only void in his resume.

by Anonymousreply 53November 7, 2017 5:23 PM

R51 I dread to think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 7, 2017 5:30 PM

LOL R54, Very quick response . I am impressed. How you guys do that ? search so fast an old tweet?

by Anonymousreply 55November 7, 2017 6:02 PM

“In what universe would you let me rim you?”

by Anonymousreply 56November 7, 2017 6:12 PM

Nextgen tournament is a disaster. This new scoreline is all too wierd

by Anonymousreply 57November 8, 2017 5:04 AM

Why didn't they just go with the normal scoreline? It's stupid to make it semi tournament semi exhibition

by Anonymousreply 58November 8, 2017 7:07 PM

Why couldn't Next Gen be on tennis channel? I'm not doing Amazon Prime for a tournament that doesn't look all hat competitive. What happened to Kachanov? He looked so good in the spring but now sucks. I think he's hot though

by Anonymousreply 59November 8, 2017 11:59 PM

[quote]What happened to Kachanov?

He got married.

Another budding tennis career destroyed by a thirsty wife

Same thing happened to me

by Anonymousreply 60November 9, 2017 2:23 AM

Exactly, R60. That's why Rafa is waiting to put a ring on Xisca's finger until after he retires. In 2025.

As everybody knows, it is very common for childhood sweethearts to wait 20 years to get married and have kids. Career comes first, no?

by Anonymousreply 61November 9, 2017 2:35 AM

The stupid set scores to 4 are really innovative! I hope the Grand Slams adopt this soon! I guess these guys under 21 can't play a full set??

by Anonymousreply 62November 9, 2017 8:54 AM

It takes a little getting used to but the first-to-4 sets actually works in keeping things interesting. And a player still has to win 12 games to win a match, but you don't get the often boring first 5/6 games in a set before it starts to get tight.

by Anonymousreply 63November 9, 2017 9:34 AM

Go back to WTT and leave us alone R63.

by Anonymousreply 64November 9, 2017 2:08 PM

Is Rafa's gf still a student?

by Anonymousreply 65November 10, 2017 9:11 AM

[quote] Is Rafa's gf still a student?

One never stops.

by Anonymousreply 66November 10, 2017 9:28 AM

She's studying for her MRS degree.

by Anonymousreply 67November 10, 2017 2:10 PM

is it where we talk about Fed Cup finals?

Coco def Sasnovich 64 64

Sabalenka def Stephens 63 36 64

by Anonymousreply 68November 11, 2017 4:36 PM

R68 Sabalenka was impressive in her Tianjin loss to Sharapova but Sloane really had no business losing that. She just hasn't given a semblance of a shit since the US Open. 5 straight losses now.

by Anonymousreply 69November 11, 2017 4:49 PM

Chung has won the Milan Next Gen mess.

Mega LOL at the supposed final for third place. Coric forfaited. Shapovalov was called to do an exhibition against Medvedev. But Shapovalov also withdrew leaving Medvedev playing with the ball boys

by Anonymousreply 70November 11, 2017 9:13 PM

The bitchy face by Rublev while Ching is receiving the trophy is the top moment of the final

Nice acne breakout for Chung. And a $390,000 cheque as prize money

by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2017 9:21 PM

so does it count as an exhibition or a title of a real tournament? I hated the score thing it made me lose interest

by Anonymousreply 72November 12, 2017 12:30 AM

One of these things dies not belong.

Jack Sock has the look of a deer in the headlights about him in this opening match of the YEC. Federer looks as cool as a cucumber.

by Anonymousreply 73November 12, 2017 1:26 PM

Sloane loses to Sasnovich today. 8-6 at the third. Coco won her match. So they are going to the deciding tie break

by Anonymousreply 74November 12, 2017 2:39 PM

Stephens was leading 5-2 in the final set.

by Anonymousreply 75November 12, 2017 2:51 PM

Nice Job Sloane ruining all the hard work of Coco. I would be mad as hell at Sloane if I were Kathy Rinaldi

by Anonymousreply 76November 12, 2017 3:04 PM

Roger defeated Jack Socks in straight sets 6/4.7/6[7/5].

Socks played very well considering this was his first YEC that too against Roger who is six time champion and has qualified for this event for last FIFTEEN straight years.

It was clearly baptism by fire for Socks

by Anonymousreply 77November 12, 2017 3:11 PM

So there are two team this year at YEC

Pete Sampras group: Nadal, Domi, Grigor and little David

Boris Beckar group : Roger, Sasha , Cilic and Jack Socks

by Anonymousreply 78November 12, 2017 3:13 PM

The teams contesting the decisive doubles rubbers of the Sabalenka and Aliaksandra Sasnovich vs Shelby Rogers and CoCo

by Anonymousreply 79November 12, 2017 3:14 PM

apparently Sloane thought that they would be playing tiebreaker at 6/6 in third . She had no idea[or possibly forgotten] that there is no third set tiebreaker in fed cup

by Anonymousreply 80November 12, 2017 3:18 PM

Beckar Team

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2017 3:26 PM

Nadal and Goffin semifinalists for the Sampras Group?

Federer and Zverev semifinalists for the Becker Group?

Hmmm... Could be very interesting if this is the way the semis pan out. A Nadal–Zverev semi is a mouthwatering prospect (and especially interesting if Zverev wins it), and Federer–Goffin would be good because Goffin is a cute little elf, and it would be nice to see him play off against Legolas.

by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2017 3:26 PM

R82, Nah I think it will be more probably Nadal and young Grigor from Sampras group. Little David is very consistent but he has less advantage in indoor hard courts as he doesn't have weapons. Besides this is his first YEC[agree Grigor's too] but he is lowest ranked player.

Also from Boris group I think Roger and Cillic will be in semis.Sasha has been pretty lackluster since his win in Rogers cup, Anyway tonight they are facing each other so we will know who is top and who is bottom between two of them.

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2017 3:54 PM

Socks presented his beautiful ass to Roger but Roger fail to hit that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2017 4:47 PM

Is Sloane ever going to win another match?

by Anonymousreply 85November 12, 2017 5:02 PM

R85, I hope so . If there is hope for then there hope for me

by Anonymousreply 86November 12, 2017 5:13 PM

Coco drags the USA to victory.

by Anonymousreply 87November 12, 2017 5:19 PM

Coco is da man

by Anonymousreply 88November 12, 2017 5:21 PM

Vandeweghe 8-0 at the Fed Cup in 2017.

by Anonymousreply 89November 12, 2017 5:22 PM

USA is the first non-European Fed Cup champion since 2000

by Anonymousreply 90November 12, 2017 5:22 PM

I'm so proud of Coco V.

by Anonymousreply 91November 12, 2017 5:23 PM

USA wins again right after they fire dead weight Mary Joe Fernandez.

And they did it without Bethanie Mattek Sands.

by Anonymousreply 92November 12, 2017 5:23 PM

And of course no Serena, Venus or Madison. This was like the B team. But, again, how the hell did Belarus make it this far? And without Vicky Azarenka.

by Anonymousreply 93November 12, 2017 5:25 PM

Again, this is what Sloane does. Every time she wins a title, she slumps afterwards. This happens to be her worst slump though. Next year she'll win at least 1 title, though hopefully several.

by Anonymousreply 94November 12, 2017 6:06 PM

Sometimes you just have one really successful year, then you suck for the rest of your career.

by Anonymousreply 95November 12, 2017 6:23 PM

R94 yep this. Plus, she was ranked 950 a month before she won in New York, so I don't blame her at all for needing some time to adjust. I say she'll be fine by Indian Wells next year.

by Anonymousreply 96November 13, 2017 9:30 AM

Thiem's mom, dad, brother and Kiki Mladenovic on Thiem's box at the O2 against Grigor

Now he just needs to find his tennis or he will leave London without winning a single set...

by Anonymousreply 97November 13, 2017 1:56 PM

Marin Cilic is 1-6 at the YEC

by Anonymousreply 98November 13, 2017 1:56 PM

R84, Gramps couldn't get it up.

by Anonymousreply 99November 13, 2017 4:01 PM

Can Little David held his nerves and close this match out and defeat Nadal on his debut match in YEC? That will be huge upset. Please don't choke David

by Anonymousreply 100November 13, 2017 8:42 PM

And David Choked .as expected

by Anonymousreply 101November 13, 2017 8:45 PM

And he loses serve with a double fault on 30-40

by Anonymousreply 102November 13, 2017 8:46 PM

he has chance to pass Nadal at the net and go 15-30 and he throws it large.

30-30 now after an error by Nadal

by Anonymousreply 103November 13, 2017 8:49 PM

oh, winner by Goffin. Match point.

by Anonymousreply 104November 13, 2017 8:50 PM

Thats ATP for past 11 years R102

by Anonymousreply 105November 13, 2017 8:50 PM

match point saved and now advantage Nadal

by Anonymousreply 106November 13, 2017 8:51 PM

These ATP mental midgets always play JUST BAD ENOUGH to lose the match

by Anonymousreply 107November 13, 2017 8:55 PM

and Goffin fails again from 0-40.

by Anonymousreply 108November 13, 2017 9:00 PM

three straight match points wastes

by Anonymousreply 109November 13, 2017 9:01 PM

David pushing on Nadal second serve made Radhwanska look like big hitter

by Anonymousreply 110November 13, 2017 9:02 PM

I am closing TV. I cant watch this stupid shit anymore

Good night guys

by Anonymousreply 111November 13, 2017 9:03 PM

Second set: 7-6 Nadal

Goffin deserved to lose it, frankly.

by Anonymousreply 112November 13, 2017 9:10 PM

Poor lil David

by Anonymousreply 113November 13, 2017 9:19 PM

Finally, Goffin wins 76 67 64

He tried not to win also the third (he was up 4-1 and serve). He finished with an ace.

by Anonymousreply 114November 13, 2017 9:53 PM

Did Nadal look healthy, or is he all taped up?

by Anonymousreply 115November 13, 2017 10:25 PM

Nadal retires. Carreno Busta will play Thiem on Wednesday

by Anonymousreply 116November 13, 2017 10:26 PM

Should be a boom for ratings and attendance.

by Anonymousreply 117November 14, 2017 1:50 AM

What was the line at the beginning of the Nadal/Goffin match that was something like “Pick up your mascot kid to the right.” It was precious and makes the kids seem like puppets. Imagine hearing that on the loudspeaker.

by Anonymousreply 118November 14, 2017 6:23 AM

Jack Sock won !!! Well played. He was down 4-2 in the thrilling third set tiebreaker but somehow pulled off winning 5 straight points . So happy for him. He has kept alive his hope for the semis

Has anyone else also noticed that ever since Jack Socks has pulled down his shorts ,exposed his ass and presented his hole to that physical trainer two weeks ago in Bercy during his 2nd round match against Kyle Edmund, he is on a great run. He has lost only one match since then that too against Roger Federer in a very close two sets match .

I think he should presentd his ass more often to us so that he can do better on court .

by Anonymousreply 119November 14, 2017 4:07 PM

On a serous not I think Sock can do i even better if he gets some better coach next season . Currently his lard ass big brother Eric Socks is one of his coach . His other coach is also not that imprrseve. If somehow anyone among Moya, Norman , Ivan Lendal , Boris Becker , Micheal Chang , Marin Wajda or even second rung coaches like Edberg ,Lucbic , Todd Martin are free from their previous commitements then he should ask his agent to contact any of them and hire them for a season or two.

by Anonymousreply 120November 14, 2017 4:09 PM

serious note *

impressive *

by Anonymousreply 121November 14, 2017 4:11 PM

I've been following the action on the Challenger Circuit.

Two of the cutest guys in those ranks both lost early (again) this week in Champaign, IL: Noah Rubin and Michael Mmoh. That Mmoh is a stud. I was at a tournament he was at and he has no qualms about going shirtless. He seems a little too reserved lately on the court, but I also recall hearing an announcer say he was injured.

by Anonymousreply 122November 14, 2017 4:32 PM

yeah Mmoh definitely has the look so I'm hoping he can get his game together. The last month he hasn't been doing so great.

by Anonymousreply 123November 14, 2017 4:40 PM

Radek Stepanek announced his retirement today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124November 14, 2017 4:45 PM

ATP NextGen on vacation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 14, 2017 5:20 PM

Harrison/Venus beat Mahut/Hebert and they qualify for the semi-final. Rojer/Tecau are out. The winner of M/H and Kontinen/Peers will decide the other semifinalist from this group

by Anonymousreply 126November 14, 2017 6:53 PM

As expected Sasha tanked in the first set after he had big 4-0 lead in tiebreaker and lost the set.

He won the second set but I really think that in the third set he will play just bad enough to loose .

I mean little David tried everything in his power to loose his match yesterday but it was Nadal injury which took toll on his body and saved little David .

These young "rising :stars" sometime make me root for early return of fake Nole and obnoxious Misery

by Anonymousreply 127November 14, 2017 9:04 PM

Stepanek retired, but his humongous cock is still an active player.

by Anonymousreply 128November 14, 2017 11:13 PM

Is he getting back together with Vaidišová?

by Anonymousreply 129November 14, 2017 11:29 PM

Zverev blows yet another winnable match.

by Anonymousreply 130November 14, 2017 11:31 PM

Has Margaret Court reacted to the Australian pro-gay marriage results?

by Anonymousreply 131November 14, 2017 11:40 PM

^ hopeful it gives that hateful cunt a stroke

by Anonymousreply 132November 15, 2017 12:04 AM

Khachanov is HAF.

by Anonymousreply 133November 15, 2017 12:10 AM

He’s a Khach, R133.

by Anonymousreply 134November 15, 2017 12:13 AM

How did “Is this where we talk about Rogers Cup” get started?

by Anonymousreply 135November 15, 2017 2:05 AM

Any rumblings as to the whereabouts of young Grigor? I'm inquiring as a journalist only. No really. Really I am. I really am... Really

by Anonymousreply 136November 15, 2017 3:28 AM

For r133

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137November 15, 2017 8:48 AM

Young Grigor is destroying little David

by Anonymousreply 138November 15, 2017 2:11 PM

Is this old news? Monica Seles landed a billionaire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 15, 2017 3:36 PM

R139 we've known that for a while

Good for Dimitrov. Hopefully he can reach the final at least

by Anonymousreply 140November 15, 2017 4:35 PM

Better ass: Jack Sock or Dominic Thiem?

by Anonymousreply 141November 16, 2017 1:37 AM

Thiem

by Anonymousreply 142November 16, 2017 1:43 AM

Thiem x 2

by Anonymousreply 143November 16, 2017 1:51 AM

Thomas Fabbiano

by Anonymousreply 144November 16, 2017 3:23 AM

They want marriage because they want to destroy it. There will be no Mother’s Day, there will be no Father’s Day, there will be no Easter, there will be no Christmas. It’s a sad day for our nation when it comes to that.

by Anonymousreply 145November 16, 2017 4:27 AM

On another topic, here are Justin Gimelstob's parents and son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 16, 2017 11:27 AM

His son is cute. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 147November 16, 2017 11:32 AM

He ;looks like grand dad of his son

by Anonymousreply 148November 16, 2017 11:41 AM

Nicholas Mahut and PHH have withdrawn from YEC due to injury. Thats big blow for France fo its Davis cup tie in finals against Belgium

by Anonymousreply 149November 16, 2017 11:45 AM

Dodig/Granollers have also withdrawn. Marach-Pavic will play instead of them. Ram/Klaasen will be the substitute of Mahut/Herbert.

by Anonymousreply 150November 16, 2017 1:16 PM

WTF is wrong with Gimmel's mother?! TERRIBLE work.

by Anonymousreply 151November 16, 2017 1:26 PM

Please do not attack Justin's mother. She is a victim of a very tragic accident in the home, having had her face caught in a waffle iron for over a minute before being able to remove it.

by Anonymousreply 152November 16, 2017 1:34 PM

OK R152. No more shade from me, other than to say that hair looks like something she got with a Halloween mask from Dollar General.

by Anonymousreply 153November 16, 2017 1:37 PM

Federer beats Cilic 6-7, 6-4, 6-1. He's undefeated in the Boris Becker group. The first set was very tight. Cilic played a better tiebreak as Fed had a couple costly unforced errors. In the 2nd set, they were on serve until Cilic played a poor game at 4-4, giving Fed the break. Fed cruised in the third.

Two more matches and Federer to me is player of the year if he wins. Nadal's RG and USO wins were just not that impressive as the competition caved at RG and he never faced anyone ranked higher than 28 at the USO. Fed's Australian victory was impressive, he's 4-0 against Nadal this year, and he won another Wimbledon, although Wimbledon was not as impressive as his Australian win. The quality of tournaments Fed has won is amazing, especially for his age. Nadal may be #1 but Federer is player of the year.

by Anonymousreply 154November 16, 2017 4:46 PM

Socks won.! I missed the match because I was cooking and watching old season of survivor. I totally forgot about the match .

Never thought Sock could pulled this off . So happy for my rabbit .

Can he beat young Grigor in semis ?

by Anonymousreply 155November 16, 2017 9:17 PM

ESL, were you a Sock fan before you saw his naked ass?

Just curious; might be relevant to the expansion of the tennis fan base.

by Anonymousreply 156November 16, 2017 9:20 PM

[quote]ESL, were you a Sock fan before you saw his naked ass? I always liked him little bit due to his cute rabbit face and big fat ass but he was never my favorite .

However this summer hard court season I was putt off due to to his douchey and grumpy behavior .

While his naked ass show in Bercy was definitely very enticing but I find his aggressive style of play in Bercy and in London really exciting to watch . Specially at this time when young guns like Sasha, Domi are flopping .

Did you watch Nadal/ Goffin ,match on Monday? That was so frustrating to watch .So I am really looking forward for any young one to step up and makes this season little bit exciting because next season we again have to bear the grind fest of Nole and Misery

by Anonymousreply 157November 16, 2017 9:40 PM

DL is fucked up . Taking too much time to load

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 16, 2017 9:42 PM

R152, really? A waffle iron?

Imagine how good Sock could be if he put down the potato chips and ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 159November 16, 2017 10:17 PM

Nadal won his libel suit against the French official who accused him of doping.

by Anonymousreply 160November 16, 2017 10:20 PM

Sock is fat and his face looks like a beaver. Not hot in any way. Zverev just isn't there mentally yet.

by Anonymousreply 161November 16, 2017 10:25 PM

Venus + bf ahead of Serena's wedding in New Orleans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 16, 2017 10:26 PM

Zverev looks like a white darfur orphan, a scrawny, scraggly beanstock. He and Sock need to switch diets for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 163November 16, 2017 10:28 PM

Is Oracene's boyfriend white too? Venus' ex-fiancee was this white bubba from Alabama. She has interesting taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 164November 16, 2017 10:30 PM

[quote]How did “Is this where we talk about Rogers Cup” get started?

I'm proud to be the originator of this coy naiveté.

I wanted to raise the Datalounge profile of the 'Rogers Cup' (originally styled as the 'Canadian Open' before corporate takeover); what with it being lost between the two majors.

Of course the double entendre of 'Rogers Cup' lends itself to easy word-play. The event is not named in anticipation of Roger Federer perpetually hoisting the trophy ... 'Rogers', the event sponsor, is actually the 'Comcast' of Canada, for those who do not know.

by Anonymousreply 165November 16, 2017 10:44 PM

[quote] I wanted to raise the Datalounge profile of the 'Rogers Cup'

Why did you want to do that, and why did you do it in that manner? Are you Canadian? I love it though. It’s fun and useful for other events.

by Anonymousreply 166November 16, 2017 11:40 PM

Serena got married

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167November 17, 2017 4:44 AM

Thiem's win over Carreño Busta it's his 2nd over win top 10 win on hard courts overall.

He is 2-13 overall on hardcourts against top 10 players. Not a good look if he wants be more successful. He needs to work on this part of game

by Anonymousreply 168November 17, 2017 7:18 AM

PRANK! Harrison Tricks Dimitrov In Press At Nitto ATP Finals 2017

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 17, 2017 7:23 AM

Roger Federer

ATP Finals appearances: 15

SFs reached: 14

3-0 in the Group Stage: 10

Gramps is great

by Anonymousreply 170November 17, 2017 7:24 AM

Tennis is such a gentleman game. in any other sports Thiem's fan would have booed him off the court

by Anonymousreply 171November 17, 2017 2:13 PM

[quote] Thiem's fan would have booed him off the court

Kiki left the box in disgust for such a loser?

by Anonymousreply 172November 17, 2017 2:35 PM

[quote]Kiki left the box i

Did this happened? Because I have not noticed that . But it is possible that she left in disgust . We know she is very uppity , entitled and prima Donna

by Anonymousreply 173November 17, 2017 2:38 PM

R173 I don't know. I didn't see the beginning of the match. In the last game they showed Thiem's box being a bit depressed. I was watching it on Italian TV and they commented something like "Thiem's box look broken. Is Mladenovic not there anymore? " But maybe she wasn't seen because the screen shot wasn't large enough.

Mind you, one of their previous comments (by 70's tennis player Paolo Bertolucci) was "they are a good pairing given how many matches each of them recently lose"

by Anonymousreply 174November 17, 2017 2:51 PM

One of tennis commentator was saying just now that " Thiem and Mladanevic are surely an item ".

by Anonymousreply 175November 17, 2017 2:56 PM

when asked about her today he would tell Austrian media: "it's not like i have to say anything about it, it's obviously obvious anyway." with a smirk.

by Anonymousreply 176November 17, 2017 2:58 PM

Kiki's box isn't doing Domi any favors.

by Anonymousreply 177November 17, 2017 3:02 PM

Now I feel bad for Rico.

by Anonymousreply 178November 17, 2017 3:04 PM

Rico too has found a nice blond beard for himself and I don't blame him . At least his beard seems sweet and not thirsty and uppity like Kiki

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179November 17, 2017 3:08 PM

In their good times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180November 17, 2017 3:13 PM

^ why did they have to go and fuck up a good thing?!

by Anonymousreply 181November 17, 2017 3:16 PM

Clearly, Domi's tennis talent got stuck in Kiki's box.

by Anonymousreply 182November 17, 2017 4:38 PM

And more in heterosexuality: photos from Serena's "fairy-tale wedding." It's really over-the-top. Venus looks fantastic. Serena . . . well, she's happy, but she has work to do to get ready for Australia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 18, 2017 2:59 AM

Kim K, Queen B, and La Wintour all in the same place. But where was Richard?

by Anonymousreply 184November 18, 2017 3:09 AM

R184 Richard is recovering from a stroke

by Anonymousreply 185November 18, 2017 3:18 AM

Ah, thx R185

by Anonymousreply 186November 18, 2017 3:19 AM

Thick Sock is about as enticing as a Spam sandwich with Wonder Bread and Velveeta.

by Anonymousreply 187November 18, 2017 3:21 AM

Serena's wedding pics are lovely. Over-the-top but beautiful. Serena looked good but I thought Venus and Oracene looked amazing.

lmfao notice how Beyonce is not sitting next to either Ciara or Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 188November 18, 2017 3:33 AM

Queen B's boobs look saggy.

by Anonymousreply 189November 18, 2017 3:34 AM

Andy Murray and Lendl parted ways for a second time.

He needs a new coach!

by Anonymousreply 190November 18, 2017 5:10 AM

Wow, but Mr Serena Williams (Alex Wateverhisnameis) sure has got thick, flabby saddlebags. I didn’t think men could get those. That’s going to be one fat, overweight family when Serena finally hangs that racquet up for good. Very rich, admittedly, but deffo overweight/obese.

by Anonymousreply 191November 18, 2017 8:52 AM

Federer looks like he's going down to Goffin. Fed won the first set, but played erratically in the 2nd while Goffin raised his game. Federer played a poor service game to get broken in the third and is playing error-strewn tennis right now. Goffin is playing well and up a break. Federer has to raise his game or it's over.

by Anonymousreply 192November 18, 2017 2:41 PM

Goffin didn't chocke

by Anonymousreply 193November 18, 2017 3:04 PM

Mirka is unhappy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194November 18, 2017 3:07 PM

Is Roger gay? If not then why SportsTV i:3 s spreading this vile rumor ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 18, 2017 3:08 PM

R194. LOL

We almost come together .

Brookly Decker Roddick will have field day with that coverage

by Anonymousreply 196November 18, 2017 3:10 PM

three players remain in London: they are the three LAST seeds.

1) Nadal - OUT

2) Federer - OUT

3) Zverev - OUT

4) Thiem - OUT

5) Cilic - OUT

6) Dimitrov - IN

7) Goffin - IN

8) Sock - IN

What if Sock manages to defeat young Grigor tonight ?TWO BOTTOM two will be on TOP

by Anonymousreply 197November 18, 2017 3:12 PM

Only five players had ever beaten both Federer and Nadal in the same tournament: Djokovic, Murray, Davydenko, Nalbandian , and Del Potro.

now 6: David Goffin

by Anonymousreply 198November 18, 2017 3:23 PM

Gotta hand to lil David. He played well. He'll have his hands full tomorrow with young Grigor, if young Grigor can keeps his nerves in check.

Dani V gonna get sum tonite!

by Anonymousreply 199November 18, 2017 9:55 PM

Serena's tits are in the Aretha Franklin category.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200November 18, 2017 10:01 PM

She bes' be careful or she gonna look like Re after she quit tennis.

by Anonymousreply 201November 18, 2017 10:04 PM

Little David vs. Gaygor in the finals. A man's dream can come true!

by Anonymousreply 202November 19, 2017 2:48 AM

ugh Jared

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203November 19, 2017 10:53 AM

R203 What the hell, I liked him :(

by Anonymousreply 204November 19, 2017 11:10 AM

Rumor are already circulating in internet that Misery Team is in contact with Dani . It seems Misery wants Dani back as his coach . Anyone remember how long Dani has been with Grigor ?.

I think Dani is good for Grigor 's game however Misery team can offer more money to Dani V so he may switch team

by Anonymousreply 205November 19, 2017 11:40 AM

R203, that news made me pause from my cereal. I liked him too. Now, it's going to be hard to root for him.

I know we have these back and forths about separating the tennis from the politics, but I guess I'm not that evolved yet.

American men tennis players: follow the lead of James Blake!

by Anonymousreply 206November 19, 2017 12:57 PM

I think it's been about 18 or 20 months, ESL. They were talking about it just yesterday on TC, saying how well he was working with Grigor.

by Anonymousreply 207November 19, 2017 1:24 PM

Hard to root for many of the current crop of American players: fugly, bland, brain-dead Trumpsters Querrey, Harrison, Sandgren, Isner, and now Donaldson. Thick smirky Sock is blandest of all. Donald Young's Twitter is littered with Joel Osteen retweets. That leaves us Johnson, Tiafoe, Escobedo, Mmoh, Tommy Paul, Mackenzie McDonald and maybe Taylor Fritz. Bleah.

by Anonymousreply 208November 19, 2017 2:27 PM

is it me or Kontinen is getting fat?

by Anonymousreply 209November 19, 2017 3:30 PM

I like Stevie.

I miss Mardy.

by Anonymousreply 210November 19, 2017 3:32 PM

Little David draws first blood . To think he was routed 0/6,2/6 few days ago by Grigor

by Anonymousreply 211November 19, 2017 5:33 PM

Year end top 4 now set

1. Nadal

2. Federer

3. Dimitrov

4. A. Zverev

Goffin #5 with a win If Grigor wins, Thiem is #5.

by Anonymousreply 212November 19, 2017 5:40 PM

Jack Sock, when asked about doubles: "I play for fun with some friends when I want to."

and he is a WIMBLEDON DOUBLES CHAMPION and Two Olympic medals (one gold) as well. Multiple Masters 1000

by Anonymousreply 213November 19, 2017 5:41 PM

Jan-Mike has tweeted anti-trump stuff in the past. Maybe he can set little Jared right.

by Anonymousreply 214November 19, 2017 5:42 PM

David Goffin vs Grigor Dimitrov for the 2017 ATP Finals title. The first time in the history of the event that neither finalist has reached a grand slam final before

by Anonymousreply 215November 19, 2017 5:43 PM

R209, yes he's tubby now.

by Anonymousreply 216November 19, 2017 7:42 PM

I still think Kontinen is sexy, but on that team, Peers is tremendously upping his sex appeal.

by Anonymousreply 217November 19, 2017 8:04 PM

Wow, cute Grigor pulled it off! Good for him. It was a really good match with some very flashy shot-making. So glad to see a final with some (semi) fresh faces.

by Anonymousreply 218November 20, 2017 12:09 AM

Did I miss the part where Grigor changed his shirt after the match? Because that was the part I was waiting for. Very happy for G, sad for D. Honestly I'd have been happy with either winning. As long as it wasn't Fat Sock.

by Anonymousreply 219November 20, 2017 2:57 AM

Any tips as to where young Grigor is celebrating?

by Anonymousreply 220November 20, 2017 3:03 AM

RIP, Jana.

What a sad, sad day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221November 20, 2017 8:10 AM

Lendl had to be sick of Murray's attitude. Murray was NOT injured to the extent he couldn't play out the season. He just didn't want to play. He basically took a year off after achieving no. 1 in 2016. He did much the same in 2014 after he won Wimbledon the year before. Retire Andy, be gone.

by Anonymousreply 222November 20, 2017 8:25 AM

FUCK CANCER! 49 is much too young. Martina will be absolutely gutted, her and Jana were very close. Ironically, Jana was a huge support person to Martina during Martina's battle with breast cancer.

by Anonymousreply 223November 20, 2017 8:38 AM

Such terribly sad news about Jana Novotna. I loved watching her play, especially at Wimbledon. I always empathized so much with her struggles too, especially her lack of self-confidence during certain matches.

by Anonymousreply 224November 20, 2017 10:29 AM

Jana and Hana Mandlikova were together for a long time. Does anyone know why they broke up?

Jana was really the LAST start to finish serve and volley-er in the women's game. Mauresomo and Justin Henin were more all court players. Jana would attack on all surfaces. She beat Venus at Wimbledon 1998 and just confounded Venus's power game with slice and approach shots. The game sorely misses a player like that now.

Rest in Peace Jana - you gave a lot!

by Anonymousreply 225November 20, 2017 11:09 AM

Odd to hear Grigor give special shout out to his beard Nicole. It must be in the contract. He mumbled something about not being sure she was in the building. Actually that bit does make sense.

by Anonymousreply 226November 20, 2017 11:14 AM

Jana was still alive? Given how old and slow she was already back in 1999, I never would have guessed. Well at least she's been put out to a nicer pasture than that of Wimbledon.

by Anonymousreply 227November 20, 2017 11:21 AM

All my prayers to Jana's family! I hope they won't let themselves be distracted by the fact that Jana will now burn in hell forever.

by Anonymousreply 228November 20, 2017 11:30 AM

Poor Margaret must be drowning in her own ignorant bile after the Oz referendum.

by Anonymousreply 229November 20, 2017 1:48 PM

49 is so young.

No mention of her being a lesbian in the Times' obituary. Interesting that three of the great Czech players - Navratilova, Novotna and Mandilkova - all turned out to be lesbians. But just Martina became open about it. Only Helena Suokova, who was pretty butch, turned out straight.

by Anonymousreply 230November 20, 2017 4:23 PM

[quote] Interesting that three of the great Czech players - Navratilova, Novotna and Mandilkova - all turned out to be lesbians.

I told you, tennis is full of them!

by Anonymousreply 231November 20, 2017 4:38 PM

Don't forget me! I reached a GS Final!

by Anonymousreply 232November 20, 2017 4:39 PM

She also has a daughter who plays college tennis somewhere in the US but none of the stories I've read have mentioned her.

by Anonymousreply 233November 20, 2017 4:41 PM

[quote] She also has a daughter who plays college tennis

Certain lesbian!

by Anonymousreply 234November 20, 2017 4:45 PM

The Czech Fed Cup team must've been the biggest lesbian scene in Czechoslovakia back in the '80s-90's even without Martina!

by Anonymousreply 235November 20, 2017 4:48 PM

R233 Jana never had children. Mandlikova had twins but Novotna didn't have a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 236November 20, 2017 5:00 PM

r235 Sure, two, wow

by Anonymousreply 237November 20, 2017 6:00 PM

Jana and Hana Mandlikova were together for about thirteen years. Apparently they broke up cos Hana desperately wanted kids & Jana didn’t. Jana ended up with a former Polish pro Iwona Kuczynska. Jana was the loyal type too, not a raging pussyhound like Martina.

by Anonymousreply 238November 21, 2017 2:33 AM

Thanks for the info, R238. I’m glad to hear that she found love after Mandlikova.

by Anonymousreply 239November 21, 2017 8:00 AM

R238 interesting. Read post 190 in this old thread. I love the WTA gossip so kept a note of this old thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240November 21, 2017 10:20 AM

Fascinating, R240! I was a big tennis fan in the 80s and 90s, but I don't remember Iwona. Apparently, Martina and Jana became close friends in the last few years: Jana supported Martina during her cancer treatment. From Martina's comments in the NYTimes, though, it seems as though she was also shocked at how quickly Jana's health worsened in the past few months.

by Anonymousreply 241November 21, 2017 12:57 PM

some player comments about Novotna:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242November 22, 2017 6:33 AM

What kind of cancer was it? Why are obits so coy these days?

by Anonymousreply 243November 22, 2017 9:12 AM

Ovarian cancer, R243.

by Anonymousreply 244November 22, 2017 9:16 AM

Davis Cup final selected teams

Tsonga

Pouille

Herbert

Mahut

vs

Goffin

Darcis

Bemelmans

De Greef

by Anonymousreply 245November 22, 2017 9:47 PM

I thought MAhut /PHH was injured

by Anonymousreply 246November 22, 2017 9:55 PM

They are still on the roster on Davis Cup website

Bennetteau and Gasquet are also on sight. So they can make a last minute change tomorrow.

Both Herbert and Mahut trained today. They also tried a Gasquet/Herbert vs Mahut/Bennetteau in practice today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 22, 2017 10:02 PM

On French press they say they can change until midday tomorrow. And that Bennetteau instead of Herbert is the likely option.

by Anonymousreply 248November 22, 2017 10:04 PM

Currently I am watching survivor season 33 and in that there is sexy guy named Taylor who exactly looks like Lucas Pouille

I think Doppelganger do exist

by Anonymousreply 249November 22, 2017 10:21 PM

Sharapova is the quintessential poster child for Putin’s Russia. First the doping, and now, apparently, real estate scams—in India, no less.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250November 23, 2017 7:50 AM

R250. That means nothing . In India celebrities are not responsible for the product they endorses . Because if that would be case 90 percent of movies and sports and celebrities would have been sitting in jail or facing multiple law suit . And that "product " includes real estate

by Anonymousreply 251November 23, 2017 8:02 AM

Surprise surprise.

Tsonga, Pouille, Gasgque and Herbert is the official French team presented at the draw

by Anonymousreply 252November 23, 2017 10:14 AM

De Loore instead of De Greef for Belgium. Not that anyone care about it

by Anonymousreply 253November 23, 2017 10:23 AM

r251—let's just assume for a moment that what you say about legal liability in India is correct (but if it really were, why would the Indian police be investigating the matter?), the whole affair still underlines the fact that Sharapova did NOT vet her requests for endorsements particularly well (just as she apparently doesn't vet her email for important communications regarding banned substances).

The point about her being a poster-child for Putin's Russia still stands: she is apparently comfortable in that grey area between outright illegality and the only-just-plausibly acceptable.

by Anonymousreply 254November 23, 2017 11:09 AM

yeah not surprised about Sharapova. Her agent is trash too

by Anonymousreply 255November 23, 2017 5:13 PM

Sasha in Maldives with his friend .

nice video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256November 24, 2017 4:33 AM

So Little Goffin downs DL fave Pouille in the DC finals...

by Anonymousreply 257November 24, 2017 2:12 PM

Sadly Davis Cup doesn't have the double as final match as Fed Cup. The drama of a 2-2 tie with France having to choose who play double between a tiring Tsonga, Gasquet playing 10 miles behind the baseline and Herbert shitting on his pants would have epic.

by Anonymousreply 258November 24, 2017 2:17 PM

I'm so torn here, I'd love for France, esp Herbert/Mahut, to get the Davis Cup, but I'd also love it for Goffin and Belgium, and Belgium seems less likely to get another chance to play in the finals...

by Anonymousreply 259November 24, 2017 6:24 PM

I’m rooting for Little Goffin and the underdog Belgium, r259. I think it’s great that someone who’s only 1m70 can slay the Goliaths.

by Anonymousreply 260November 24, 2017 6:55 PM

Hebert and Gasquet will play double today

by Anonymousreply 261November 25, 2017 12:42 PM

Well, Maria has become the Taylor Swift of tennis rather quickly.

She's tough so she'll bounce back but the resentment from the media and the locker room will probably be permanent.

by Anonymousreply 262November 25, 2017 12:57 PM

I love off-Court Misery even more for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263November 25, 2017 7:56 PM

Is Mischa getting married?

by Anonymousreply 264November 26, 2017 2:44 AM

Goffin def Tsonga. FInal goes into the decisive match.

Belgium actually had some opportunities in the double yesterday but they wasted it. After winning second set, they served for the third on 5-4 but Belmemans lost the serve. Then they lost the set 76.

by Anonymousreply 265November 26, 2017 2:39 PM

luvs me my Misery!

by Anonymousreply 266November 26, 2017 2:44 PM

I expected Goffin to win vs. Tsonga, but I am surprised by how one-sided it was.

Pouille is up a set and a break vs. Darcis. In theory, that is a match Pouille should win, but he's been choke-y this year, and Darcis has had some clutch DC wins this season (Zverev, Kohlschreiber). Would be huge for Pouille, who didn't deliver this year on his promise of 2016.

by Anonymousreply 267November 26, 2017 4:08 PM

In the first set Goffin struggled to hold his serve while Tsonga's service games were easier. But then once he won the tie break, Goffin have been in firm control of the other 2 sets.

Today version of Darcis doesn't seem to have much hope against Pouille unless LP implodes mentally.

by Anonymousreply 268November 26, 2017 4:15 PM

France win Davis Cup again after 16 years

by Anonymousreply 269November 26, 2017 4:33 PM

Vive la France!

by Anonymousreply 270November 26, 2017 4:36 PM

half of the world on the podium to receive the Cup. Tsonga, Pouille, Gasquet, Herbert, Bennetteau, Chardy, Mahut, Simon.

by Anonymousreply 271November 26, 2017 5:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272November 26, 2017 7:39 PM

JMG and Malek are so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 273November 26, 2017 7:47 PM

Hot JMG

by Anonymousreply 274November 27, 2017 3:56 AM

I guess Tennis players no longer get a break? No wonder so many pulled out of end of season events. Jesus, they need some down time.

by Anonymousreply 275November 27, 2017 5:07 PM

Instagram is great for following tennis players especially the stories feature. It seems most are at home or training in warm weather places (Canary Islands, Miami or Dubai).

by Anonymousreply 276November 27, 2017 8:06 PM

Carl is straight. I mean look how touchy she is with Rafa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277November 27, 2017 8:22 PM

AND she likes to surround herself with men in speedos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278November 27, 2017 8:26 PM

Damm, CSN looks more cut than Rafa.

by Anonymousreply 279November 27, 2017 8:36 PM

I thought it was “Carlo”, R277?

by Anonymousreply 280November 27, 2017 10:10 PM

Si es Carlo r280.

by Anonymousreply 281November 28, 2017 2:13 AM

The Guardian named Jana Novotna's partner as Iwona Kuczyńska, the Polish player who Martina N. fancied and who was mentioned in the post linked to by R240.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282November 28, 2017 4:36 AM

I hope she got some hot puss. She always seemed likable.

by Anonymousreply 283November 28, 2017 4:38 AM

Heathen. Enjoy eternity burning.

by Anonymousreply 284November 28, 2017 4:57 AM

R282: we’ve been discussing Iwona a bit on the Jana Novotna thread linked below. As I noted there, however, I read in the Czech press that they didn’t live together anymore at the end. This was through bad Google Translate, though: do any Czech DLers know more about this? Also, the press photos at her funeral yesterday identify someone as Iwona who doesn’t look anything like earlier photos at all (a much shorter woman). The funeral was very depressing: a lot of Celine song and violins. I was suprised that Martina - who Jana had become good friends with and helped during her radiation treatment - wasn’t there. Petra Kvitova was, Jan Kodes, Helena Sukova & Cyril Suk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285November 28, 2017 8:00 AM

The woman in the funeral photos isn't Iwona. It looked like Iwona didn't attend the funeral at all. Martina and Hana were probably too upset to attend. They sent wreaths, as did Martina Hingis. Jana was a huge Madonna fan, so it's doubtful she would have appreciated the Celine Dion tunes.

by Anonymousreply 286November 28, 2017 10:22 AM

R286: now the Czech press has updated their story. Apparently, the shorter blonde woman on the funeral photos was her "secret" Slovakian girlfriend. At least she wasn't alone at the end. I feared that she'd gone home to her parents to die, and that her identity had been erased somehow, also from the funeral. But it wasn't, if these press reports are accurate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287November 28, 2017 12:16 PM

I remember vividly how Jana Novotna was once asked if she was a lesbian, in a post-match press conference in Wimbledon. The video used to be on youtube too but now I can't find it.

Anyway, you could see poor old Jana chocking on the question as she kept repeating "how dare you ask that?" "how dare you?". That was back then when she was coached by Hana but the rumor mill had entered maximum overdrive that these two were in a relationship that was more than strictly professional.

by Anonymousreply 288November 28, 2017 5:53 PM

Tasteless question. That's about as well as it could be handled. The reported should have been barred from the press room.

by Anonymousreply 289November 28, 2017 5:58 PM

I always wondered about the kind of impact Martina’s outness had on players of Jana’s generation. The homophobic reaction of the crowds at times, the whole Judy Nelson palimony fiasco, Martina’s lack of sponsorship deals etc. It probably didn’t inspire anyone to come out too. Gigi Fernandez wasn’t really out during her career. Conchita Martinez still isn’t quite either. Mauresmo was out, of course, but she was a fair bit younger. At the same time, you could always see how much Jana admired Martina, even in exchanges after matches.

I remember a particularly homophobic tennis article in our local Belgian press about poor Steffi being “surrounded” by three lesbians in the semis at Wimbledon. For all their efforts at privacy, the likes of Jana and Gigi and Conchita were often identified as lesbian anyway.

by Anonymousreply 290November 28, 2017 6:30 PM

[quote] remember a particularly homophobic tennis article in our local Belgian press about poor Steffi being “surrounded” by three lesbians in the semis at Wimbledon.

Steffi was probably one herself too converted by the obsess. I hope she went through an ex-gay course so she could marry and bear children.

by Anonymousreply 291November 28, 2017 6:38 PM

remember a particularly homophobic tennis article in our local Belgian press about poor Steffi being “surrounded” by three lesbians in the semis at Wimbledon.

Steffi was probably one herself too converted by the others. I hope she went through an ex-gay course so she could marry and bear children.

by Anonymousreply 292November 28, 2017 6:38 PM

R292, so Maggie are you saying Andre's dick was so magical it turned Steffi straight?

by Anonymousreply 293November 28, 2017 8:13 PM

Jana admired Martina a lot but (understandably) had no desire to be labeled Martina 2.0, which probably would have happened if she’d done the big coming out thing in the media. Jana was pretty openly gay anyway, always brought her girlfriend to public events, never pretended to date men like some other lesbians in tennis *cough* Sharapova

by Anonymousreply 294November 28, 2017 11:27 PM

[quote] so Maggie are you saying Andre's dick was so magical it turned Steffi straight?

No. I’m saying that as a lesbian converted by other nefarious lesbians, she would have been brought back to sanity and God via gay conversion therapy. Then Andre or any man would seem superior to any woman as God intended.

by Anonymousreply 295November 29, 2017 12:12 AM

Fuck off Mags! You may have been the better tennis player but Jana was the better woman. Too bad your precious lord didn’t take your wrinkly old ass instead.

by Anonymousreply 296November 29, 2017 1:04 AM

Interesting pic to repost of yourseöf Rafa. But i do approve!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297November 29, 2017 4:40 AM

DL Faves

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298November 30, 2017 4:58 PM

Feliciano Lopez will become the Madrid tournament director in 2019. This assuming he retires after the 2018 season.

by Anonymousreply 299November 30, 2017 5:00 PM

Roberta Vinci will retire after the tournament in Rome in May.

by Anonymousreply 300November 30, 2017 5:12 PM

R297 that’s Rafa’s best side

by Anonymousreply 301November 30, 2017 5:26 PM

Chrissie and Martina look amazing! Chris has obviously had more Botox though.

by Anonymousreply 302December 1, 2017 1:38 AM

Zverev is back from holiday and bitchy as ever.....his latest IG story about Safin's recent comments

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303December 3, 2017 7:43 PM

That's ironic coming from homophobe Safin, whose tennis plummeted after he won the Australian Open at 25. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he doped and dropped. He couldn't even make it to 30 before retiring from the ATP.

by Anonymousreply 304December 3, 2017 7:59 PM

All that Zverev said was "interesting." What's clever or bitchy about that comment?

by Anonymousreply 305December 3, 2017 8:28 PM

Isner got married!

by Anonymousreply 306December 3, 2017 11:23 PM

To what, R406?

by Anonymousreply 307December 3, 2017 11:24 PM

To what, R306?

by Anonymousreply 308December 3, 2017 11:25 PM

Will Serena be ready for the Australian Open? She played at one of the Bryan brother's charity tournaments in Florida and her butt was the size of Texas.

by Anonymousreply 309December 4, 2017 4:23 AM

Some players attended Isner's wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310December 4, 2017 4:24 AM

I wonder if they saluted Trump during the ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 311December 4, 2017 4:32 AM

Yes, and when they sent the bride and groom off they burned crosses out in front of the church.

by Anonymousreply 312December 4, 2017 4:33 AM

Is that Querey's bf? He's kinda cute.

by Anonymousreply 313December 4, 2017 8:49 AM

That's Steve Johnson. Querey is so fug and wearing jeans to a wedding? Gross.

by Anonymousreply 314December 4, 2017 3:03 PM

I know Steve Johnson and Querey attended Isner’s wedding. Were there any other tennis players? James Blake? Mardy Fish?

by Anonymousreply 315December 4, 2017 3:27 PM

The only other ones I saw were Blake and Maria's coach/hitting partner.

by Anonymousreply 316December 4, 2017 3:30 PM

Andy and shirtless Feliciano in Miami.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317December 4, 2017 9:26 PM

I’m ready to lead a helping hand, Andy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318December 5, 2017 3:59 AM

Excuse me.....but I was expecting to find comments about this.... The way she opens her legs, the way she caresses that pink shaft.....poetry in motion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319December 5, 2017 7:53 AM

Popsicle's holiday snap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320December 6, 2017 7:48 PM

Serena has been entered in the Australian Open draw and plans to play.

by Anonymousreply 321December 7, 2017 2:50 AM

Verdasco got married!

by Anonymousreply 322December 8, 2017 1:10 PM

Gulbis also got married a couple of weeks ago.

Idem Alberto Ramos-Vinolas

by Anonymousreply 323December 8, 2017 1:14 PM

Was Feli invited?

by Anonymousreply 324December 8, 2017 1:24 PM

The Bank of the West WTA event in Stanford has been terminated. The University won't allow corporate sponsored events on campus anymore so the event has to find a new home. It'll probably be shipped to China which is where the WTA has dumped a lot of tournaments (to be played in front of empty stadiums).

Shame too because the tournament has typically had good draws and attendance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325December 9, 2017 1:10 AM

Safin was HAF in his prime

by Anonymousreply 326December 9, 2017 1:13 AM

China is such a compelling country!

by Anonymousreply 327December 9, 2017 1:15 AM

R326, I fucking HATE gays!

That's why I voted to ban gay propaganda when I was in the Russian parliament.

by Anonymousreply 328December 9, 2017 1:18 AM

R328 he was still HAF

by Anonymousreply 329December 9, 2017 1:24 AM

Marat, I wish you were in the Australian parliament. Did you see the vile display in the Australian parliament earlier this week? God will smite us for that.

by Anonymousreply 330December 9, 2017 1:24 AM

R330, I agree Maggie. These queers are the worst. Luckily, Putin has put a stop to them in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 331December 9, 2017 1:31 AM

As mentioned, Verdasco married his girlfriend in the Bahamas. He is now the brother-in-law of Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332December 9, 2017 1:59 AM

Is Safin a fan of Gambil?

by Anonymousreply 333December 9, 2017 2:02 AM

Safin's tennis career eventually went to shit because he had no discipline and no intelligence. Politics was a logical next stop for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334December 9, 2017 3:26 AM

Is young Grigor a future politician?

by Anonymousreply 335December 9, 2017 3:34 AM

Wow Stanford was the oldest pro tourney. It started as The British Motor Cars Classic in 1971!!! So no pro events left in California??? God I hate this stupid sport and what t's become. Boring, boring women players. Maybe San Diego or LA will get back on the roster??

by Anonymousreply 336December 9, 2017 1:55 PM

Not exactly, R336...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337December 9, 2017 2:03 PM

Yes, California is left with single mega-tournament. Indian Wells is probably better run and liked by the players than the US Open.

by Anonymousreply 338December 9, 2017 5:00 PM

Indian Wells is the glam of them all.

by Anonymousreply 339December 9, 2017 5:21 PM

Why is this thread greyed out?

by Anonymousreply 340December 9, 2017 5:21 PM

From the 22-and-under crowd I'm hoping to see Tiafoe, Coric, Shapovalov, Tsitsipas and Escobedo win big in 2018. Arrogant big shits Zverev, Kyrgios, and Trumpster Donaldson....not so much.

by Anonymousreply 341December 9, 2017 5:34 PM

Stanford was part of the USO series so I'm hoping they just move it to another US city.

by Anonymousreply 342December 9, 2017 5:54 PM

I follow a ton of players on instagram and most players post pictures and videos of themselves training except ... Kyrigos.

by Anonymousreply 343December 9, 2017 7:35 PM

Pospisil is so fucking hot it makes me dizzy. I didn't know he was so hairy. Makes me love him even MORE.

by Anonymousreply 344December 10, 2017 7:53 PM

Fabio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345December 10, 2017 11:56 PM

So what is up with Melo and Sascha? The trips, the unsolicited mentions, the thanking each other in winners' speeches? Melo seems to be having fun with it, playing along on Instagram, while Jamie Murray talks about love being in the air and Sascha and Melo needing some quality time together, haha...

by Anonymousreply 346December 11, 2017 9:45 PM

R346 Where is the comment from J Murray? I looked at both Melo's and Zverev's instas but didn't see it.

by Anonymousreply 347December 12, 2017 6:33 PM

Also, aren't German tabloids usually pretty liberal with the dirt they publish about celebs? Has there been anything from them about Zverev's love life?

by Anonymousreply 348December 12, 2017 6:35 PM

Mischa and Sascha playing football

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349December 12, 2017 6:43 PM

R347 On Melo's Insta, one comment is below the video of them "dancing" in the pool. The other one (along with Caroline Garcia's reply to Murray) is the previous post, the one with sea and sands

by Anonymousreply 350December 12, 2017 7:06 PM

R350 Thanks, found them, I didn't look back far enough in his pictures when I checked before.

by Anonymousreply 351December 12, 2017 7:26 PM

R350, thanks for answering that. I should have linked but it was complicated from my phone.

R347, as a German myself I can say that there hasn't really been that much recent speculation about Sascha's personal life in the media as far as I have seen. In the past there was about him and a few WTA players. Though one article recently discussed the Melo/Sascha friendship and age difference and Melo talked about how it made no difference and how great it was to "feel, hear and see" Sascha's support from his box because it was usually the reverse.

A few places are speculating about Sascha dating a player called Maria Ross, who was at Mischa's wedding as well apparently, but who may just be a family friend.

by Anonymousreply 352December 12, 2017 8:19 PM

People were just teasing them because of they went on vacation together to the Maldives.

by Anonymousreply 353December 12, 2017 9:41 PM

Of course the least fuckable young gun (Zverev) would turn out to be the gay one

by Anonymousreply 354December 12, 2017 9:44 PM

Yes, Zverev is ugly.

by Anonymousreply 355December 12, 2017 9:45 PM

he has a terrible taste in music

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356December 12, 2017 9:53 PM

I want to split roasted and double penetrated by Zverev brothers

by Anonymousreply 357December 12, 2017 9:57 PM

Your enthusiasm always charms me, ESL/R357.

by Anonymousreply 358December 13, 2017 1:06 AM

Sascha new hair cut . Here is he is with daddy Mischa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359December 13, 2017 1:36 PM

He looks much better with that hairstyle

by Anonymousreply 360December 13, 2017 5:23 PM

Azarenka has received a wildcard for the Australian Open (her ranking is 210)

by Anonymousreply 361December 13, 2017 5:23 PM

Can she take her kid out of Cali yet? Or will she just leave him at home?

by Anonymousreply 362December 13, 2017 5:27 PM

She should have waited till retirement for the baby

by Anonymousreply 363December 13, 2017 5:29 PM

First Nations Wells

by Anonymousreply 364December 16, 2017 4:22 AM

Marion Bartoli is making a comeback apparently

by Anonymousreply 365December 19, 2017 6:44 PM

yes she's aiming for Miami. I wonder if she'll stay thin.

and Anna Kournikova just had kids with Enrique Iglesias. They've been together since 2002

by Anonymousreply 366December 19, 2017 6:46 PM

I guess Marion survived that tape worm that almost killed her. It looks like she's gained a little weight since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367December 19, 2017 6:50 PM

Marion, girl, no. You did it the right way, believe me.

by Anonymousreply 368December 19, 2017 9:31 PM

[quote]Marion Bartoli is making a comeback apparently

Guess that means I'll be dropping from No. 82 to No. 83.

by Anonymousreply 369December 20, 2017 3:53 AM

Hopefully for Genie, Martina Navratilova, 60, is not planning her comeback tour: that would mean No. 84.

by Anonymousreply 370December 20, 2017 9:59 AM

There hasn't been much Ben or Cortney slander on here for a long time. But Ben is still working at the Times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371December 20, 2017 5:17 PM

I've stopped listening to Ben and Courtney, r371, so not much to slander. I rarely check twitter anymore, either. I've switched over to The Tennis Podcast, with David Law and Catherine Whitaker. The will actually have discussions/debates where they don't agree, so it's much more interesting to listen too. B & C lacked spice by typically agreeing with one another, and becoming WTA Tour apologists.

Whereas The Tennis Podcast is sometimes complimentary of the WTA, but not afraid to call out top women like Halep for being a mental midget, or Muguruza for blowing her opportunity to be No. 1 for the year, or Mladenovic for disappearing from the tour, or Wozniacki for inept coach selection, or entirely too defensive play.

by Anonymousreply 372December 21, 2017 5:18 AM

Which Zverev brother is hung bigger? I’m guessing little bro

by Anonymousreply 373December 22, 2017 5:59 PM

The gay one

by Anonymousreply 374December 22, 2017 7:24 PM

[quote]I've stopped listening to Ben and Courtney, [R371], so not much to slander. I rarely check twitter anymore, either. I've switched over to The Tennis Podcast, with David Law and Catherine Whitaker. The will actually have discussions/debates where they don't agree, so it's much more interesting to listen too. B & C lacked spice by typically agreeing with one another, and becoming WTA Tour apologists.

We’re apparently twins separated at birth, r372. I still download Rothenberg and Nguyen’s podcast in the vain hope that they’ll stop their boring shilling for the WTA, but once I’m five minutes into the murk I just exit and delete.

Like you, I’m very much enjoying Law and Whittaker’s The Tennis Podcast. They disagree, they call players out, they don’t hold back.

Another podcast I’ve given up on is The Body Serve—the two old kweens who run it just spend too much time bowing before the Serena Williams altar, and their strident holier-than-thou attitude is no fun to listen to. They sound like militant SJWs constantly on the prowl for someone to put a foot wrong so they can lop it off before storming off in high dudgeon. Ugh.

The less said about Wertheim the better. I wonder that anyone let him graduate high school let alone give him a journalism card. Not surprisingly, it was working alongside Wertheim that got Courtney Nguyen her journalistic experience when she was starting out. Apples and trees.

I’ve been giving The Main Draw a go. Run by Chris and Caitlin, I thought this might help me seamlessly transition from Ben and Courtney, but Chris and Caitlin are beyond unlistenable. Chris sounds like dumb and dumber and Caitlin, who mentions her wife every now and then, has become a doping apologist (ok, ok, she feels that you might as well regulate something that most people are doing anyway—at least people will know what’s in the stuff that will give them a lethal heart attack at 40). I think the last straw for me was when they mentioned Safin’s recentish comment about how dire the ATP is, considering all these 30+-year-olds are still around (they’re his same age, btw). Caitlin says “He’s a Russian politician now,” as if she’s totally impressed; Chris mentions Putin, and they both set to wondering about democracy and Russia, with neither of them apparently even acknowledging that Safin is a card-carrying Putinite who voted along with every other single MP at the Duma that day for the antigay law banning any public display of homosexuality. Oh, and Caitlin admits she doesn’t even know what MP stands for, “But it sounds good.”

Carl Bialik’s Thirty Love can be good at times. I like the format (a thirty-minute conversation with someone from the world of tennis), but you sometimes end up with excruciating guests, including Caitlin Thompson from The Main Draw.

Anyone have any other tennis podcasts?

by Anonymousreply 375December 23, 2017 3:31 PM

omg just a week more and the year's first draws will come out!

by Anonymousreply 376December 23, 2017 6:08 PM

Who is Melo? I can't recall.

by Anonymousreply 377December 23, 2017 6:17 PM

R377, Marcelo Melo, the number 1 doubles player. Here he is dancing "with" Sascha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378December 23, 2017 6:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379December 23, 2017 6:57 PM

New to this thread, so forgive me if this was discussed in the 379 comments above (or maybe on one of the 21 previous "Gays and Tennis" threads, really?? I guess that's not too surprising) but I've never been able to figure out why there have been no male pro players who have ever come out. Especially when there are a number of women who have done so and (at least recently) not faced major consequences for doing so, like fans boycotting and companies pulling their sponsorships and that kind of shit. I would assume that at least some of the men who play professionally, or have played, are queer too. Is this a holdover from the days of Big Bill Tilden diddling ballboys decades ago? It would seem that gay men playing a sport where individuals compete against one another, rather than as part of a team, would be more acceptable to the hetero masses in the 21st century for a number of reasons.

by Anonymousreply 380December 23, 2017 7:21 PM

R375 Apparently, you, R372 and I are triplets separated at birth as I had high hopes for The Body Serve but gave up after a few episodes as I found them insufferable for the reasons you cite. Caitlin Thompson is a better magazine editor than podcast host and while annoying, I do support her endeavor with Racquet. I still listen to NCR although it lost much of its appeal when Courtney became a paid shill for the WTA. Her passion for the tour is commendable but if you want to position yourself to be a leading commentator on the sport but can't publicly comment on Maria Sharapova's doping suspension, the WTA's questionable media decisions, and empty stadiums, then what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 381December 23, 2017 8:04 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382December 23, 2017 9:31 PM

Triplets it is, then, r381! 😍

by Anonymousreply 383December 24, 2017 8:39 AM

Serena will return for an exhibition match against Ostapenko during the ATP event in Abu Dhabi next week. Ben says there's now a trend of ATP events bringing in WTA players to boost sales and help in promotion. This shows the strength of the WTA according to him.

by Anonymousreply 384December 24, 2017 5:02 PM

This shows the strength of Serena after having a baby.

by Anonymousreply 385December 24, 2017 5:11 PM

Thank you for the podcast recommendations r375. And I have to say, I wholeheartedly agree with this:

[quote]The less said about Wertheim the better. I wonder that anyone let him graduate high school let alone give him a journalism card.

How does he keep managing to fail forward? I saw he was on 60 Minutes recently and he just broke a huge sexual harassment story didn't he? I guess there really is no advantage like being a mediocre white straight man.

by Anonymousreply 386December 24, 2017 8:30 PM

Mischa got married . Sasha was best man . I am wonder whether Melo was invited in the wedding ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387December 26, 2017 11:28 AM

Huge age difference between Mischa and Sasha as evident by thsi picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388December 26, 2017 11:38 AM

Melo is actually in that picture, on the far left.

by Anonymousreply 389December 26, 2017 11:53 AM

It is interesting that Sascha cut off the picture more from the right but made sure to include Melo on the left a bit behind his parents. Melo was there for a few of Mischa's wedding events like this party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390December 26, 2017 2:01 PM

Quote from reddit:

[quote]Here is another interesting one I've heard: If you're around a guy and you want to figure if he could be sexually interested in guys... when you are in front of him... casually take your hand and lift up the bottom of your t-shirt (i.e. wipe your chin with it, or maybe to casually scratch your belly, etc). Most guys that are into guys CANNOT help checking out another guys stomach/torso when ever they get a glimpse.

Is that why Zverev has incorporated it into his pre-serve routine? :D

by Anonymousreply 391December 26, 2017 3:35 PM

Haha, R391!

Cute gif from Washington, where he thanked Melo for losing to him frequently at FIFA video games

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392December 26, 2017 5:06 PM

Kissing Nole's shoulder...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393December 26, 2017 5:16 PM

Nole

by Anonymousreply 394December 26, 2017 5:18 PM

Can Sasha replace Domi as new DL favorite on tennis threads?

by Anonymousreply 395December 26, 2017 6:00 PM

No, ESL. Sasha doesn’t have Domi’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 396December 26, 2017 6:18 PM

No Sasha may have a better complexion but that's about it.

by Anonymousreply 397December 26, 2017 7:32 PM

only a few days and first draws of 2018 come out!

by Anonymousreply 398December 26, 2017 8:02 PM

But Dominic, in addition to The Ass, now also has a cunty girlfriend... ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399December 26, 2017 8:22 PM

BARF at the video pf R399

by Anonymousreply 400December 26, 2017 8:29 PM

they are all straight with cure girlfriends.

Except Gambill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401December 26, 2017 8:30 PM

JMG and his boyfriend are getting hotter everyday

by Anonymousreply 402December 26, 2017 8:31 PM

Do you guys think Serena plays in 2018?

by Anonymousreply 403December 27, 2017 2:29 PM

Yes, R403.

by Anonymousreply 404December 28, 2017 2:34 AM

R403, yes she returns on Saturday for an exhibition match with Ostapenko in the UAE to be aired on Tennis Channel.

by Anonymousreply 405December 28, 2017 4:27 AM

Sascha doesn't even HAVE an ass.

Nada. Nichts.

by Anonymousreply 406December 28, 2017 10:31 AM

how many matches are they expected to be win in January?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407December 28, 2017 5:38 PM

R407. Pathetic

Someone is trying very hard to appear straight. It is looking more and more like Aaron Rodgers Holivia Munn Saga

by Anonymousreply 408December 28, 2017 5:43 PM

And "Merci"?? Shouldn't he say "Danke"?

by Anonymousreply 409December 28, 2017 5:44 PM

Is German one of the 1,122 languages Kiki knows?

by Anonymousreply 410December 28, 2017 5:45 PM

Can't Kiki ruin someone worthless like Jack Sock, Jan Lenard Struff or Carla Suarez Navarro? Why does she have to attach herself to a DL fave?

by Anonymousreply 411December 28, 2017 5:45 PM

R410, actually no. She claimed she could speak French, Spanish, Italian, Serbian and English. Maybe that's why she hooked up with Domi.

by Anonymousreply 412December 28, 2017 5:48 PM

Why Carla Suarez Navarro will date a woman. She is not a lesbian. She is a straight girl

by Anonymousreply 413December 28, 2017 5:49 PM

[quote] or Carla Suarez Navarro?

CarlO

by Anonymousreply 414December 28, 2017 5:51 PM

Sascha Zverev's ass is flatter than Monica Seles's groundstrokes.

by Anonymousreply 415December 28, 2017 5:51 PM

Carla was on one of Kiki's IG Stories yesterday IIRC. She run into her in some Aussie airport

by Anonymousreply 416December 28, 2017 5:52 PM

[quote]Domi I am so pleased for you and Kiki, especially after all those twitter gay-rumors.

This is one of the comments in that photo. Apparently, there are a lot of tennis fans like this. Maybe because of these people Domi is doing this "

by Anonymousreply 417December 28, 2017 5:54 PM

If Kiki doesn't at least eat Domi's ass, I'm writing my senator!

by Anonymousreply 418December 28, 2017 5:55 PM

R417 that comment was written by a guy who is from Ukraine which already gave us the likes of Dolgopolov and Stachovsky

by Anonymousreply 419December 28, 2017 5:57 PM

Hopman Cup teams and groups announced. Surely Bouchard and Pospisil are favored to win the whole thing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420December 28, 2017 5:58 PM

Sugita/Osaka for the win

by Anonymousreply 421December 28, 2017 5:59 PM

[quote] Hopman Cup teams and groups announced.

Is this where we talk about Hopman Cup?

by Anonymousreply 422December 28, 2017 6:02 PM

Douchard never shakes hands of her opponent during Fed cup. Will she at least do that in Hopman cup or decides to embarrass cute Pospisil?

by Anonymousreply 423December 28, 2017 6:04 PM

Line up of Hopman cup actually looks very good.

Hopman cup is certainly better than that stupid Laver Cup which ATP is desperately trying to happen

by Anonymousreply 424December 28, 2017 6:07 PM

I see Team USA has fielded a MAGA-approved team. We have such great representatives on the international scene. Barf.

by Anonymousreply 425December 28, 2017 6:17 PM

R425 whats wrong with Coco? I think she conducts herself pretty well

by Anonymousreply 426December 28, 2017 6:39 PM

Federer/Bencic could be really really good, or really really sad.

by Anonymousreply 427December 28, 2017 9:11 PM

LOL R415. That's FLAT.

by Anonymousreply 428December 28, 2017 9:15 PM

Hopman Cup 2002

Federer/Mirka vs Hewitt/Molik

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429December 28, 2017 9:33 PM

^ wow she looks so in love with him there

by Anonymousreply 430December 28, 2017 9:36 PM

Mirka did have a win over Henin but that was before Henin improved her forehand and started doing lots of physical training.

by Anonymousreply 431December 28, 2017 10:12 PM

[quote] but that was before Henin improved her forehand and started doing lots of physical training.

And before Mirka got fat, well, fatter.

by Anonymousreply 432December 28, 2017 10:14 PM

No Domi!

by Anonymousreply 433December 29, 2017 2:16 AM

Sascha Zverev's ass is flatter than Mary Jo Fernandez' chest.

by Anonymousreply 434December 29, 2017 4:05 AM

Roberto Bautista Agut spanked Andy Murray in the Abu Dhabi exhibition. Murray was limping and moving awkwardly but he's been doing that since 2008.

by Anonymousreply 435December 29, 2017 5:38 PM

That’s a lot of azz to spank!

by Anonymousreply 436December 29, 2017 5:45 PM

not a Murray fan but I hope he is physically 100%. If he was running like he usually does during points, he's OK. What he does between points should be disregarded as gamesmanship lol

by Anonymousreply 437December 29, 2017 6:04 PM

Two things:

1. Am watching the Serena W v Ostapenko exho in Abu Dhabi—SWilliams is at least 15 kilos above her ideal weight.

2. Are the Australian Open PTB keeping the Margaret Court arena name as is???

by Anonymousreply 438December 30, 2017 12:09 PM

One more thing: 10 minutes and three games into the exho, and SWilliams is looking and moving like Taylor Townsend. It’s going to be a longish way back, I’m afraid...

by Anonymousreply 439December 30, 2017 12:17 PM

^ I think that’s tremendous!

by Anonymousreply 440December 30, 2017 12:54 PM

Hopman Cup

Co Vandeweghe (USA) d Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) 6-3 6-3

Jack Sock (USA) d Karen Khachanov (RUS) 6-4 1-6 6-3

Pavlyuchenkova/Khachanov (RUS) d Vandeweghe/Sock (USA) 3-4(5) 4-1 4-2

Roger Federer (SUI) d Yuichi Sugita (JPN) 6-4 6-3

Belinda Bencic (SUI) d Naomi Osaka (JPN) 7-5 6-3

Federer/Bencic (SUI) d Sugita/Osaka (JPN) 2-4 4-1 4-3(1)

by Anonymousreply 441December 30, 2017 2:24 PM

More Kuznetsov: There are plenty of players who is going around in the locker room just in underwear or sometimes totally naked, especially Spanish and Italian players. Feliciano Lopez would get naked, then would go for the towel and then get back to talk on the phone (Europosrt.ru)

by Anonymousreply 442December 30, 2017 5:08 PM

Nole may not play Aussie open .Same with Nishikori

by Anonymousreply 443December 30, 2017 5:13 PM

Haha...Sascha not quite mastering the art of surfing...yet anyway

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444December 30, 2017 6:02 PM

Nadal is also said to be a question mark for the AO, since he pulled out of Brisbane.

by Anonymousreply 445December 30, 2017 6:14 PM

And apparently Sascha himself admitted Kerber embarrassed him even though it was her first time surfing...good man. I would love for him to win the AO, especially if Nole won't play.

by Anonymousreply 446December 30, 2017 6:19 PM

first week main draws are all out (3 ATP and 3 WTA)

there are some top players playing but less than i would have thought.

by Anonymousreply 447December 30, 2017 6:24 PM

Nole

by Anonymousreply 448December 30, 2017 10:22 PM

What the fucking FUCK with Kei? Is he just too rich now to want it?

by Anonymousreply 449December 30, 2017 10:24 PM

Chang has tried to build up his body but Kei is just so injury-prone. When he's healthy and in good form, he has shown he can beat 1 of the big 5 but then he'll choke in the next match. He's never going to win a big title at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 450December 30, 2017 10:25 PM

[quote] What the fucking FUCK with Kei? Is he just too rich now to want it?

He prefers to be an insignificant fish in a large pond.

by Anonymousreply 451December 30, 2017 10:28 PM

For two days in a row, I have tried to catch Hopman Cup and other matches on Sekastream, but I get only stills. I hope the site corrects it or else there goes much of my free internet tennis.

by Anonymousreply 452December 31, 2017 2:53 AM

Gavrilova def. Bouchard 6-1 6-4 she was up 6-1 3-0 but then it got close

by Anonymousreply 453December 31, 2017 3:30 AM

I am watching Vasek/Thnaksi match .

R453, Did Bouchard shake hand Gavrilova after the match?

by Anonymousreply 454December 31, 2017 4:37 AM

cockinakis defeated Vasek

by Anonymousreply 455December 31, 2017 4:49 AM

Serena obviously wore that all black outfit for a reason. It's slimming.

by Anonymousreply 456December 31, 2017 4:51 AM

I'm thinking the Kok is fun in bed

by Anonymousreply 457December 31, 2017 10:30 AM

[quote]I'm thinking the Kok is fun in bed

ask Donna Vekic ;)

by Anonymousreply 458December 31, 2017 11:13 AM

Sascha in his wetsuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459December 31, 2017 11:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460December 31, 2017 2:21 PM

Looking at qualification draws, why is Seppi still playing ?

by Anonymousreply 461December 31, 2017 2:25 PM

[quote] Sascha in his wetsuit

That boy is like the road from Dallas to Fort Worth - no curves.

by Anonymousreply 462December 31, 2017 2:26 PM

Angie has a bigger bulge than Sascha in that wetsuit.

by Anonymousreply 463December 31, 2017 4:25 PM

[quote]cockinakis defeated Vasek

Just call him The Cock like everyone else does.

by Anonymousreply 464December 31, 2017 5:05 PM

So no Novak, no Kei, no Stan. Murray and Nadal are questionable. It's like Roger and the seven dwarves.

Don't tell me I'll be looking to WTA for entertainment... porky Serena, gimpy Venus, chokey Halep, couldn't-care-less Moogooroothaa.

Yea, 2018!

by Anonymousreply 465December 31, 2017 5:40 PM

Murray is playing in Brisbane so let's see how he does before counting him out of playing the AO

by Anonymousreply 466December 31, 2017 5:58 PM

a New Year's kiss from Carla 💋

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467December 31, 2017 6:09 PM

Marcelo recording part two of the dance for Sascha...clearly misses him, haha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468December 31, 2017 7:26 PM

Hopman Cup players. Pavluychenkova looks super matronly. Jack Sock will be a used car salemsan in 20 years. Coco, Elise Mertens, Kerber and Naomi Osaka look good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469December 31, 2017 8:30 PM

What a mess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470December 31, 2017 8:31 PM

Garcia got injured and retired in her first match of the season. So disappointed. the I was looking forward to see her performance in Aussie open. She has never been past 3rd round before so she was looking forward to best her previous record.

How come they get injured at the very beginning of the season?

by Anonymousreply 471December 31, 2017 8:39 PM

Ladies choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472December 31, 2017 8:44 PM

Wow, Ostapenko @ R470 looks like she just stepped out of Valley of the Dolls.

by Anonymousreply 473December 31, 2017 9:26 PM

Never thought I would be grateful to see Cuntadopa, but she knows how to dress for a presser.

by Anonymousreply 474December 31, 2017 9:37 PM

So Adidas dumped Simona Halep (or didn't try too hard to keep her) even though she's the number one player in the world.

by Anonymousreply 475January 1, 2018 1:07 AM

Can you blame them?

by Anonymousreply 476January 1, 2018 1:53 AM

I'm watching the Harrison v. Mayer early match on Tennis Channel right now. I don't know much about Mayer, but he's sure showing a lot of package in these grey shorts.

by Anonymousreply 477January 1, 2018 2:12 AM

Too bad about Mayer's face though. He has to be the roughest looking player int the top 100. Only his countrymen Delbonis provides much competition.

by Anonymousreply 478January 1, 2018 2:37 AM

Agreed, R478. Mayer has a mangled Del Potro-ish face.

by Anonymousreply 479January 1, 2018 2:40 AM

How old is Goffin's girlfriend? He looks uncomfortable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480January 1, 2018 3:40 AM

Kiki lost again.

by Anonymousreply 481January 1, 2018 5:34 AM

To a player ranked 88 in the world

by Anonymousreply 482January 1, 2018 7:11 AM

someone above is mentioning about the problem in sekstream . I have legal access to stream from my channel for hopman cup , But this pathetic stream channel has video player issue. Idiots. I was looking forward to Sasha to play

Now I have to look for illegal stream

by Anonymousreply 483January 1, 2018 8:51 AM

Goffin plays beautiful tennis, Zverev apart from his serve does not seem to have much to offer today.

by Anonymousreply 484January 1, 2018 11:12 AM

^ very true of lil David

by Anonymousreply 485January 1, 2018 11:13 AM

David

by Anonymousreply 486January 1, 2018 11:34 AM

Sasha totally collapsed in 2nd set after taking 2/0 lead

by Anonymousreply 487January 1, 2018 12:05 PM

He got really irritated with the string of unforced errors as well as point which looked like sure winners which ended with Goffin doing Federesque magic. On some occasions he manages to keep his head in the right place - last year he managed to bounce back after being broken two times, or an opponent having match points, and on other occasions you can see him gradually sinking in.

Goffin is really enjoyable to watch, I am surprised so much attention was given to Zverev when Goffin is number 8 and the end of 2017 was really great for him.

by Anonymousreply 488January 1, 2018 12:39 PM

ESL:

I'm the poster who had Seka issues. Is the same thing happening to you too?

I'm going to seek and hope myself before I consider getting a tennis application.

Keep us (me) posted if you find a good service. Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 489January 1, 2018 12:42 PM

Sekstream is not working for me either R489.

Can't find any illegal stream today.

So currently I am watching ATP Pune on a legal stream . I don't know what is problem with Hopman stream

Anyway I will post any illgal stream if I get that .

I will not advice Tennis TV subscription as it s expensive and coverage is not very good either . I don;t think they broadcast grand slams

SO unless if you have some discount code for Tennis TV I will advise against it

by Anonymousreply 490January 1, 2018 1:08 PM

R480 Goffin's girlfriend was born in 1991. Goffin is 1990

by Anonymousreply 491January 1, 2018 1:09 PM

Gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492January 1, 2018 4:13 PM

Vomit

by Anonymousreply 493January 1, 2018 4:40 PM

Ok, I’m now officially in tennis love with Stefanos Tsitsipas. He might be going down to Florian Mayer in Qatar (or not), but he’s got great variety and isn’t afraid to go to the net. Oh, and he’s also pretty.

by Anonymousreply 494January 1, 2018 5:45 PM

As far as streams go, I often use zorostream BUT you must have your pop up blocker and immediately close any news pages that pop as sometimes they have viruses. I haven't had a problem though.

by Anonymousreply 495January 1, 2018 6:05 PM

*new pages

by Anonymousreply 496January 1, 2018 6:06 PM

Tsitsipas wins over Mayer. He's really improved in the last few months. It's nice to have a new young face on tour. Hopefully he can win a title this year. Since I know people will ask, his father is Greek and his mother is a Russian former tennis player.

by Anonymousreply 497January 1, 2018 7:17 PM

Domi is trying very hard to pretend to be straight but it is not working.

by Anonymousreply 498January 1, 2018 9:57 PM

when will Domi and Kiki release their sex tape?

by Anonymousreply 499January 1, 2018 9:59 PM

[quote]Domi is trying very hard to pretend to be straight but it is not working

it looks like Domi's b(f)f Rico deleted his instagram

by Anonymousreply 500January 1, 2018 10:02 PM

R500, Ohh God it is so much looking like whole Aaron Rodgers Kevin Lanfisi Saga

by Anonymousreply 501January 1, 2018 10:17 PM

Thanks, ESL and R495. I'll look at the zorostream and decide, but I really hope sekastream fixes their issues.

by Anonymousreply 502January 1, 2018 11:02 PM

Anna Chakvetadze says Domi's haircut makes him look like Beavis and Butthead. I agree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503January 1, 2018 11:42 PM

More reason to root for Mmoh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504January 2, 2018 12:44 AM

R504, I saw this before, but it reminds me that I was at a tournament where he did reasonably well, and every time I saw him walking the grounds, he was shirtless, almost all the time. He's got a smokin' bod, too. Seemed quite nice, too. Yeah, let's add him to our expansive list.

by Anonymousreply 505January 2, 2018 1:52 AM

Yes Michael Mmoh is a developing stud and he's having his best career week so far. He qualified and then won his first round match over #68 Delbonis. Very good result. Next up is the elder Zverev brother.

by Anonymousreply 506January 2, 2018 1:56 AM

Hey ESL and others who were having trouble with Sekastream: It LOOKs as if I figured out how to get the still to turn into live action. I hit the red "Canli" dot, and that brought me the action.

by Anonymousreply 507January 2, 2018 2:02 AM

The ATP's next big star from Canada Dennis Shapovlararov....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508January 2, 2018 3:26 AM

Taylor Townsend def. Christina McHale 1-6 6-4 6-4 in Auckland

by Anonymousreply 509January 2, 2018 3:42 AM

Sock slipped few times today and hurt his hips. He is currently getting hip treatment on court but no skins showing

by Anonymousreply 510January 2, 2018 4:03 AM

Injured/flopping faves:

-Caroline Garcia (back)

-Kiki Mladenovic (13 match losing streak)

-Kei Nishikori (elbow)

-Serena Williams (childbirth)

-Rafael Nadal (knee)

-Stan Wawrinka (knee)

-Petra Kvitova (illness)

-Garbiñe Muguruza (cramps)

-Naomi Osaka (illness)

-Jack Sock (hip

by Anonymousreply 511January 2, 2018 7:59 AM

What is wrong with Andy’s hip?

by Anonymousreply 512January 2, 2018 8:39 AM

WTF is Mirka doing in Hopman cup? Her daughters are old enough to go to school. Shouldn't she be in Switzerland [or where ever they go to schools] instead of protecting Roger from gay groupies? She is so thirsty and paranoid.

by Anonymousreply 513January 2, 2018 9:29 AM

thank God My hopman cuo stream is working .Sekstream is still not working though even despite following advise of the gentleman above

by Anonymousreply 514January 2, 2018 10:10 AM

Peak Domi was last year's French. He needs to regain that form, that hair, and lose the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 515January 2, 2018 10:18 AM

So USA beat Japan because Osaka forfaited before Sock and so the double is counted for USA

by Anonymousreply 516January 2, 2018 10:47 AM

Hey everyone.. Just wanted to write a little message on here for anyone interested in what in going through right now.

Firstly I want to apologise to @brisbanetennis for withdrawing at late notice and to everyone who wanted to come along to watch me play(or lose😇) The organisers couldn't have been more understanding and supportive and I'll always remember that. Thank you.

I've obviously been going through a really difficult period with my hip for a long time and have sought council from a number of hip specialists. Having been recommended to treat my hip conservatively since the US Open I have done everything asked of me from a rehab perspective and worked extremely hard to try get back on the court competing. Having played practice sets here in Brisbane with some top players unfortunately this hasn't worked yet to get me to the level I would like so I have to reassess my options. Obviously continuing rehab is one option and giving my hip more time to recover. Surgery is also an option but the chances of a successful outcome are not as I high as I would like which has made this my secondary option and my hope has been to avoid that. However this is something I may have to consider but let's hope not.

I choose this pic as the little kid inside me just wants to play tennis and Compete.. I genuinely miss it so much and i would give anything to be back out there. I didn't realise until these last few months just how much I love this game. Everytime I wake up from sleeping or napping i hope that it's better and it's quite demoralising when you get on the court it's not at the level you need it to be to compete at this level.

In the short term I'm going to be staying in Australia for the next couple of days to see if my hip settles down a bit and will decide by the weekend whether to stay out here or fly home to assess what I do next.

Sorry for the long post but I wanted to keep everyone in the loop and get this off my chest as it's really hurting inside.

Hope to see you back on the court soon

by Anonymousreply 517January 2, 2018 12:22 PM

ESL: On Seka, are you at least getting the still of the players? That's where the red "canli" button shows for you to click. If you're not even getting that, maybe the particular match hasn't started yet or is weather interrupted?

by Anonymousreply 518January 2, 2018 12:32 PM

Oh for God's sake both Murray and Djokovic will miss Australia??? They're already making their excuses. Retire already you silly girls!

by Anonymousreply 519January 2, 2018 12:40 PM

No R518. I am not even getting the still of the player and yes play has been started for example Coric/PCB match has already started in Doha but I am getting blank screen not even still of player

Anyway I had plenty to watch today with hopman cup and Pune ATP but Really hope this sekstream will get resolved as I sometime want to watch WTA and my provider only broadcast ATP and grand slams [2 courts only ]

by Anonymousreply 520January 2, 2018 1:04 PM

R519, Nadal is slightly injured too, so does Kei and Stan.

It seems like 4 out 5 big5 are injured.

Can Gramps clinch another Granslam this month?

by Anonymousreply 521January 2, 2018 1:07 PM

Hey R581,

Sekstream issue is now resolved.I was such a fol. I didn't realize that Sekstream is banned in my country so while the website was getting opened the player was not working but as soon as I used a VPN it immediately started working.

Anyway thanks for all your help. You have been very kind

by Anonymousreply 522January 2, 2018 1:15 PM

Oh dear God. If one of the young guys can't step up now, it's curtains.

by Anonymousreply 523January 2, 2018 1:15 PM

Fool*

by Anonymousreply 524January 2, 2018 1:16 PM

Muguruza doesn't reach the end of the match in Brisbaine

Sharapova lost a set but won her debut match in Shenzhen

by Anonymousreply 525January 2, 2018 1:57 PM

actually it was already second round for Maria

by Anonymousreply 526January 2, 2018 1:57 PM

damn that's too bad about Murray. He seems to have that same hip issue that Hewitt had. They're both grinders so probably not a coincidence. It's a shame so many of the big 5 are injured. I want the young guns to step up but not because the top guys are absent/below their best.

by Anonymousreply 527January 2, 2018 3:43 PM

Coric def Carreno Busto (who served for the match a couple of times)

Edmund def Shapovalov

Chung def Muller

Edben def Tiafoe

Struff def Berdych

by Anonymousreply 528January 2, 2018 4:57 PM

Really sad for Murray. Seems like he has so much passion for the game but his body is letting him down bad. Hip surgery now an option.

Pova has looked pretty good in her first 2 matches in Brisbane. She could wreck the shit out of the AO draw.

by Anonymousreply 529January 2, 2018 5:01 PM

[italic]Merci for making my life even so much better #betterhalf #theone #ontoagreat2018[/italic] 😬

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530January 2, 2018 8:26 PM

🤢

🤢

by Anonymousreply 531January 2, 2018 10:07 PM

Genie and Popsicle on a beach in Perth. Unfortunately Popsicle's outfit is nowhere near as slutty as Genie's

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532January 2, 2018 11:48 PM

Remember when John McEnroe's wife was straight?

by Anonymousreply 533January 3, 2018 8:18 AM

[quote]Remember when John McEnroe's wife was straight?

Did I miss an announcement?

by Anonymousreply 534January 3, 2018 8:22 AM

Very impressive from Mmoh to defeat the elder Zverev 6-2 5-7 6-4 Mmoh actually had all the momentum and it seemed like he might win it in straight sets. He got tight when Zverev was serving to stay in the match at 5-4, then totally fell apart to get broken and lose the set 5-7. In the third set, Mmoh went down an early break but leveled it at 3-3. Zverev then totally threw in a stinker of a game while serving to stay in the match.

Mmoh will be very popular if he can become top 50. I can a lot of straight girls and gays being a fan.

by Anonymousreply 535January 3, 2018 8:36 AM

Genie's bathing suit looks like it was designed by Edward Scissorhands.

by Anonymousreply 536January 3, 2018 10:49 AM

Genie, man those tan lines are going to suck! Do we know Vasek has sizemeat verifacata?

by Anonymousreply 537January 3, 2018 11:42 AM

Impressive from Tsitsipas in his win over Gasquet. He kinda dominated him

by Anonymousreply 538January 3, 2018 7:06 PM

Watching the Pospisil / Zverev match at the Hopman Cup. Is it just me or has Pospisil put on a little more muscle? Or is it just that Zverev is so skinny that anyone else on the court looks beefier? Whichever is the case, Pospisil is looking hotter than I remember.

by Anonymousreply 539January 3, 2018 9:06 PM

Kei Nishikori withdraws from the Australian Open.

by Anonymousreply 540January 3, 2018 9:48 PM

Pospisil is going to have to go through qualifying to even get into the main draw.

by Anonymousreply 541January 3, 2018 9:52 PM

Benoit Paire. It seems like he has no friends on the tour. Why does no one like him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542January 3, 2018 9:55 PM

^ the beard

Kei is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 543January 3, 2018 10:25 PM

Oh, R541, that means they've announced the final wildcards?

I watched Popsicle play Sacha Z last night, and it was always evident that he'd be broken and lose as decisively as he did, winning six games. He just isn't good enough right now, and if he doesn't right his ship, I don't think he'll make it into the main draw of Aussie. I can also see him playing qualifying for a lot of 250 tourneys too, and even the minor leagues. It's sad to me because he's one of the nicest to look at, but also when he's on, his game sizzles. I wish he had stayed longer last year with Mark Woodforde as his coach.

by Anonymousreply 544January 3, 2018 11:02 PM

Sloane Stepehns has left Under Armor for Nike. A bidding war occurred over her. Yet no one wants to endorse the number one player in the world Halep.

by Anonymousreply 545January 3, 2018 11:58 PM

As expected, Canada is DOMINATING Hopman Cup!

by Anonymousreply 546January 4, 2018 1:02 AM

R546, all thanks to me! :)

by Anonymousreply 547January 4, 2018 1:28 AM

Noah Rubin not on the Trump Train. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548January 4, 2018 3:54 AM

Konta retired too in her match in her very first tournament what is happening to ATP and WTA?

by Anonymousreply 549January 4, 2018 4:57 AM

R548 good to see. I think Rubin is not a Trump fan along with Tiafoe, Mmoh and Escobedo.

by Anonymousreply 550January 4, 2018 5:01 AM

Maria is currently playing Zarina DIyas from Kazasitatn . Zarine is a tough customer .

Can Maria win Aussie Open this year ?

by Anonymousreply 551January 4, 2018 5:47 AM

Chung has great legs!

by Anonymousreply 552January 4, 2018 6:05 AM

100th semifinal for Sharapova

by Anonymousreply 553January 4, 2018 7:56 AM

I watched Kerber matches form Hopman - her footwork looks lazy to me. There were several ball she stroke in squat even though she had had plenty of time to prepare for the shot.

by Anonymousreply 554January 4, 2018 8:59 AM

fer ver

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555January 4, 2018 9:35 AM

Misery is out of AO

by Anonymousreply 556January 4, 2018 9:36 AM

On twitter Ben Rotherbery is trying very hard to make Krunic-Sevastova, match as very exciting and intriguing

by Anonymousreply 557January 4, 2018 9:40 AM

Vika Azarenka got wild card for Aussie Open

by Anonymousreply 558January 4, 2018 9:45 AM

Classic Ben

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559January 4, 2018 9:47 AM

Nando is still a hot piece of chorizo

by Anonymousreply 560January 4, 2018 10:08 AM

Rough start to the season for Spanish acronyms on the ATP Tour:

PCB, RBA, ARV, GGL all lost their opening round matches at ATP tournaments this week.

by Anonymousreply 561January 4, 2018 10:10 AM

Tennis Australia has decided not to award Bernard Tomic a wildcard into the Australian Open and he probably won't compete in qualifying

by Anonymousreply 562January 4, 2018 1:06 PM

[quote]Tennis Australia has decided not to award Bernard Tomic a wildcard into the Australian Open

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563January 4, 2018 1:45 PM

For some reason (he's so damned cute?), Noah Rubin is one of the players I follow closely. Not surprised he's not on the Trump Train.

by Anonymousreply 564January 4, 2018 3:43 PM

Thomasz Belluci, the tall Brazilian with a huge nose and a serious sweating problem, has been suspended for doping - 5 moths. He returns in February. The ban was "silent" until, apparently, some Brazilian papers outed him.

by Anonymousreply 565January 4, 2018 6:13 PM

Failed test in Bastad. He was suspended while ITF and ATP were judging his case. He withdrew from every tournament saying he was injured. This week they finally reached their verdict. And so he had to announce he failed a test because tomorrow the formal verdict will be published by ITF. They gave him 5 months, starting from when he was temporary suspended. So he can back on January 31

by Anonymousreply 566January 4, 2018 6:34 PM

When players are caught doping, it shouldn't be allowed to be kept quiet

by Anonymousreply 567January 4, 2018 7:00 PM

I don't get why the ITF dropped the hammer on Sharapova but then tried to sweep Bellucci and Errani's doping under the rug. And Errani's now being given wild cards!!!

by Anonymousreply 568January 4, 2018 7:35 PM

LOL R563!

Tomic is an uber-douche. Good for tennis Australia.

by Anonymousreply 569January 4, 2018 9:26 PM

Serena OUT of the Aussie Open. Not yet ready, she says.

by Anonymousreply 570January 4, 2018 11:39 PM

not surprising. It takes the body a while to recover after having a baby.

by Anonymousreply 571January 4, 2018 11:47 PM

Margaret Court won't attend this year's Open. She made prior plans to hunt for crabs--crabbing, it's apparently called.

by Anonymousreply 572January 5, 2018 12:13 AM

Genie lost all her three round robin matches in Hopman Cup.

by Anonymousreply 573January 5, 2018 10:09 AM

"I will NOT sanction the heathens, degenerates and sinners playing on MY court"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574January 5, 2018 10:50 AM

[quote]Genie lost all her three round robin matches in Hopman Cup.

How many matches can that bitch lose in a row I wonder...

by Anonymousreply 575January 5, 2018 11:22 AM

^ I hope Kiki sniffs it

by Anonymousreply 576January 5, 2018 11:32 AM

Sharapova loses to Siniakova

by Anonymousreply 577January 5, 2018 12:05 PM

In the Brisbane quarters, the sweet, uber-fey Kyle Edmunds goes down to (and maybe on) the man “with the black heart” Grigor Dimitrov after twisting his ankle. The sight of Grigor sprinting to Kyle’s assistance, flying over the net like a seasoned hurdler, an imaginary cape billowing from his shoulders, was truly moving. The most romantic sight we'll ever see on an ATP court this year.

by Anonymousreply 578January 5, 2018 12:27 PM

Is Dimitrov still dating some singer?

by Anonymousreply 579January 5, 2018 12:42 PM

This us gif where Grigor went to Kyle.

After Mattek Sands incident everyone is afraid.

Its shame Kyle injured himself. He was playing some great tennis . Hope nothing serious

by Anonymousreply 580January 5, 2018 12:54 PM

Ben Rotherberg on Grigor/ Kyle

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581January 5, 2018 12:57 PM

Domi has fever , He is out of Doha

by Anonymousreply 582January 5, 2018 1:08 PM

Sasha lost to Ranked 205 Kokk . What is wrong with him?

by Anonymousreply 583January 5, 2018 1:21 PM

Bellucci' doping Controversy

- he had pills made specially for him in pharmacy

- he never declared pills in doping control forms

- pharmacy denies pills were contaminated with HCTZ during manufacturing

- WADA lab couldn't rule out Bellucci himself did it

ITF: Absolutely not guilty!

by Anonymousreply 584January 5, 2018 3:00 PM

The Kock is better than 255

by Anonymousreply 585January 5, 2018 3:29 PM

Anderson vs Simon for the final in the Indian tournament

by Anonymousreply 586January 5, 2018 3:45 PM

When Sascha kisses robot Angie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587January 5, 2018 4:17 PM

Sharapova's footwork is poor. When Siniakova hit a deep ball towards her feet, Sharapova often made errors

by Anonymousreply 588January 5, 2018 4:26 PM

Guido Pella is fucking hot

by Anonymousreply 589January 5, 2018 4:33 PM

^ troof

by Anonymousreply 590January 5, 2018 4:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591January 5, 2018 4:59 PM

R589, Rublev though...

by Anonymousreply 592January 5, 2018 5:07 PM

ITF on Bellucci

For a number of years, Mr Bellucci has consulted a biochemist (Dr Alexandre Cosendey) and a medical doctor (Dr Breno Caiafa) to assist with his health and physical training. One issue he consulted them about was his loss of fluids, vitamins and minerals as a result of excessive sweating during training and competition. To help address this issue, the biochemist and the doctor recommended he start taking a number of bespoke vitamin compounds to supplement his normal diet. In 2017, they provided him with three prescriptions for such supplements, which he had filled by two different pharmacies in Brazil. Since these were bespoke compounds, the pharmacies had to collect the different ingredients on-site and mix them together to fill the prescriptions. One of these pharmacies Mr Bellucci used (at the recommendation of his biochemist and his doctor) was Body Lab Farmacia de Manipulacao Ltda in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Body Lab), which produced one of the prescribed supplements in two different batches, the first in June 2017 and the second in August 2017.

Mr Bellucci says that he took the vitamin supplements produced by Body Lab (from the June 2017 batch) during the Event, including several on the day he was required to provide a urine sample (18 July 2017), a few hours before providing that sample.

At the time he received the notice of charge from the ITF on 18 September 2017, the bottle of supplements that Body Lab had produced in June 2017 still had a few capsules left in it, while the bottle that Body Lab had produced in August 2017 was still sealed. Mr Bellucci personally brought those June and August 2017 vitamin supplement capsules and one other supplement that he also took during the Event (Isostar, which he had bought via Amazon) to Korva Labs in Los Angeles for testing. Following analysis, Korva Labs reported that it had found varying levels of HCTZ in a number of vitamin supplement capsules from each of the June and August 2017 bottles.

Mr Bellucci also provided a report from Paul Scott, president of Korva Labs, who was of the view that the amount of HCTZ found in Mr Bellucci's urine sample was consistent with the ingestion of trace amounts of HCTZ (i.e., consistent with what was found in some of the vitamin capsules) within a few hours of sample collection.

Mr Bellucci also submitted samples of his hair to Korva Labs, which tested them and reported them negative for steroids. He did this in an effort to rebut any suggestion that he had been using HCTZ to mask his use of other prohibited substances.

Mr Bellucci produced copies of the prescriptions provided to him by the biochemist and the doctor, and the ITF spoke to the biochemist to verify Mr Bellucci’s account as set out above. The ITF also received a communication from Dr Perini, the pharmacist at Body Lab, who accepted that Body Lab does fill prescriptions for HCTZ, and so does have HCTZ on the premises, but denied that the vitamin preparation that was produced for Mr Bellucci could have been contaminated with HCTZ at Body Lab.

In the circumstances, the ITF requested that the vitamin supplement capsules that had been tested at Korva Labs be sent to the WADA-accredited laboratory in Montreal for further testing. The Montreal laboratory detected varying levels of HCTZ in those capsules, from both the June 2017 batch and the August 2017 batch. According to Prof. Christiane Ayotte, Director of the Montreal laboratory, while contamination of the vitamin capsules after manufacture could not be ruled out (as the bottles had been opened before they reached her laboratory), the variable levels of HCTZ detected by her laboratory in the capsules were consistent with contamination at the manufacturing stage. She also said that if the capsules were ingested on a regular daily basis, the levels of HCTZ detected in the capsules could have caused the AAF in this case.

by Anonymousreply 593January 5, 2018 8:22 PM

The ITF notes that when his urine sample was collected on 18 July 2017, Mr Bellucci was asked to list on the Doping Control Form any medicines or supplements that he had taken in the previous seven days, and he did not list anything. Nevertheless, Mr Bellucci has insisted that he did take each day during the Event the vitamin pills produced by Body Lab in June 2017, including several on the day he provided sample 3089061. That is consistent with the instructions for use on the prescriptions for the vitamin pills, and also on the label of the bottles containing the pills, as well as with the AAF itself. Mr Bellucci has apologised for his failure to declare his use of the pills on the Doping Control Form, and insisted that this non- disclosure was inadvertent and not intentional or in bad faith, but rather was due to his understanding (albeit mistakenly) that his daily consumption of vitamin pills was not something that had to be disclosed on the form. The ITF is very concerned about this omission, but in all of the circumstances of the case has decided to accept Mr Bellucci’s explanation that he was indeed taking the vitamin pills daily during the Event, notwithstanding his failure to declare this on the form.

The ITF also points out that Mr Bellucci should not have had the vitamin capsules tested privately, but instead should have sent the sealed bottle of vitamin capsules to the ITF, or to a laboratory specified by the ITF. By doing so, he could have removed any doubt about when the vitamin pills were contaminated with HCTZ.

Nevertheless, in all of the circumstances of this case, and in particular in light of Prof Ayotte’s opinion that the variable levels of HCTZ detected by her laboratory in the capsules were consistent with contamination at the manufacturing stage, the ITF accepts that Mr Bellucci has established that it is more likely than not that the HCTZ and its metabolite found in his urine sample 3089061 came from his ingestion of contaminated vitamin supplements on the day of the collection of his urine sample (18 July 2017) and in the days leading up to that date

by Anonymousreply 594January 5, 2018 8:22 PM

Kyrgios beats Dimitrov. Final vs Harrison in Brisbane

by Anonymousreply 595January 6, 2018 7:47 AM

A new thread is needed . Who ever makes it kindly make sure to include a poll about most thirsty wife/girlfriend of men tennis

by Anonymousreply 596January 6, 2018 7:53 AM

WTA Sydney draw is loaded! The ATP draws for next week look week but a lot of them will play Kooyang I assume

by Anonymousreply 597January 6, 2018 9:01 AM

Roger spanked Zverev's (not existent) ass at Hopman Cup : 67 60 62

by Anonymousreply 598January 6, 2018 9:29 AM

Bernard Tomic has seemingly accepted a wild card to be part of the cast in the next season of "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here". There's something Britney 2007 about him right now...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599January 6, 2018 9:55 AM

Here’s part 23, y’all...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600January 6, 2018 1:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!