Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anybody watch "The Good Place" and think Manny Jacinto (Jason) is adorable?

Well, I do. Plus, he plays an idiot EDM, frat boy surfer dude so well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153December 8, 2018 6:22 PM

So fucking hot. But he has some issue with speaking or is that just for the show?

I thought his Asian soul mate in the second season opener was equally attractive.

by Anonymousreply 1September 22, 2017 11:04 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean that he doesn't speak, I meant the way he talks sounds strange to my ears. Like he struggles with a speech impediment of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 2September 22, 2017 11:06 PM

He sounds like he's fighting a lisp when he speaks.

by Anonymousreply 3September 22, 2017 11:06 PM

His voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4September 23, 2017 9:31 PM

God no.

by Anonymousreply 5September 23, 2017 10:39 PM

So I saw the first few episodes from the first season.

Only enough to know that there had been a mistake where she was sent or so she thought.

I saw the premier and am I to surmise that she really did end up in hell and the Ted Danson character is a demon and they are torturing all those people?

Like they could do a better job of torturing themselves by thinking they didn't deserve heaven and thus are miserable? Unable to really enjoy "heaven"? šŸ¤”šŸ¤”

by Anonymousreply 6September 26, 2017 7:41 PM

R6 You're very quick. That reveal was only done in the last episode of the first season and has shocked many people, including me.

by Anonymousreply 7September 26, 2017 7:48 PM

yummy!

by Anonymousreply 8September 26, 2017 7:49 PM

Ha! That's actually kind of brilliant, R7.

I should have watched but it was on on a night where I had other commitments.

Maybe I'll tune in from here on out. šŸ˜Š

by Anonymousreply 9September 26, 2017 11:54 PM

R9

It's amazingly funny and sharp and quick. I can't believe it's a sitcom on NBC.

THAT TWIST! I was expecting a twist, so I was floored.

The second season is hitting all the right notes, and by turning The Good Place into Michael's own personal hell- brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 10September 27, 2017 12:35 AM

Was-wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 11September 27, 2017 12:35 AM

If I didn't know better, I would think all of you were social media PR interns from NBC. You know they do that right? Go on boards and talk up shows.

by Anonymousreply 12September 27, 2017 12:52 AM

R12 Or perhaps we just like exchanging opinions? You know, as people on discussion boards are prone to do.

But I suppose every TV and movie thread needs the "You're all shills!!1!" troll to appear as soon as something positive is said. It's DL tradition at this point.

by Anonymousreply 13September 27, 2017 12:59 AM

R13

Shills for The Good Place?

Why?

The show doesn't need shills.

by Anonymousreply 14September 27, 2017 1:14 AM

Whatever, R12 šŸ™„šŸ™„ I just had questions about the show.

R7 was kind enough to answer.

by Anonymousreply 15September 27, 2017 1:19 AM

Janet has tard face.

by Anonymousreply 16September 27, 2017 1:22 AM

Watch Kristen Bell's amazing video of her castmates finding out the shocking Good Place finale twist

This video is great. The cast reaction mirrors the audience reaction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17September 27, 2017 3:41 AM

I like her.

She can do anything or get you anything! That's fucking awesome.

Even though she's probably a demon!! šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

by Anonymousreply 18September 27, 2017 5:00 AM

His Asian faux soulmate also played the love interest in the recent "Edge of Seventeen". Nice body.

by Anonymousreply 19September 27, 2017 5:16 AM

Love the show and have fapped to Jason almost every episode.

by Anonymousreply 20September 27, 2017 5:42 AM

Hilarious clever show. I love it.

"I don' wanna go back to the yogurt."

by Anonymousreply 21September 27, 2017 7:52 AM

I like this show, but they need a gay character.

by Anonymousreply 22October 22, 2017 10:17 PM

This is one of the few shows I've actually laughed out loud at. Ted Danson is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 23October 22, 2017 10:45 PM

Last episode was hilarious with the hypothetical simulations. Really solid cast who work well together. Laughed out loud several times!

Hope this is doing okay, ratings-wise (considering its on NBC).

by Anonymousreply 24October 22, 2017 10:47 PM

Hot guy. Terrible actor.

by Anonymousreply 25October 23, 2017 12:15 AM

I really enjoyed tonight's episode even though it was a bit corny with Michael caring too much about the robot lady.

by Anonymousreply 26October 27, 2017 2:00 AM

I think he's cute as fuck

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27October 27, 2017 2:05 AM

Janet and Michael are the funniest characters. Great episode!

by Anonymousreply 28October 27, 2017 3:15 AM

D'Arcy Carden somehow manages to make Janet a very endearing character. I have the feeling that Michael will eventually be punished for kidnapping her.

by Anonymousreply 29October 27, 2017 3:53 AM

[quote]Hot guy. Terrible actor.

He actually does well playing an idiot drug dealer. But, he's still in the weak link out of the main 6 actors.

by Anonymousreply 30November 2, 2017 3:15 AM

I enjoyed the mid-season finale. Too bad Jason will never be rebooted to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 31November 3, 2017 2:47 AM

Funny and smart show. The look of it is so bright and shiny, with really dark material.

by Anonymousreply 32November 3, 2017 7:49 AM

I hope this show gets a third season. I'm liking this one a lot more than the first season.

by Anonymousreply 33November 3, 2017 8:22 PM

R33

Me too. That first season twist and Shaw was so perfect that I was apprehensive about the new season. I think it is also a little better than the first season.The existential shock reaction of Michael was a highlight.

The whole cast is firing on all cylinders. This show will be shown in philosophy classes for a decade.

by Anonymousreply 34November 4, 2017 5:03 AM

The twist was so predicatable. I had it from the first episode. I really like the show though. Janet is the best.

by Anonymousreply 35November 4, 2017 5:14 AM

R35

I guess I just wasnā€™t looking for a twist in a sitcom. Even though I had grown increasingly interested in the show over the course of the first season, I was as in the dark as the cast was when they did the table read for the final episode of season one.

Watch the video at the link. It is so awesome watching these people finally piece together the crazy sitcom they have been filming for the last few months.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 4, 2017 5:20 AM

i made myself watch season 1. for me, a hard NAH on 2.....too off the wall for me. danson bugs me.

guess i am not smart enough to 'get it'....

by Anonymousreply 37November 4, 2017 5:28 AM

In the first season, I figured the twist out around when Jason revealed that he wasn't really a monk and was another bad person like Eleanor. The writing on the show is good and the cast has great chemistry. I like that the character of Janet was expanded on in this season. I wonder if there will be some kind of twist where it's revealed that the Good Place Janet was somehow designed as a trap for Michael.

by Anonymousreply 38November 4, 2017 5:30 AM

R38

Absolutely nothing would surprise me on the show. At least one time per episode I have to scream holy shirt balls.

by Anonymousreply 39November 4, 2017 5:50 AM

Frozen Yogurt!

by Anonymousreply 40November 4, 2017 7:16 AM

[quote]Absolutely nothing would surprise me on the show. At least one time per episode I have to scream holy shirt balls.

I look through The Good Place subreddit quite a bit and many people there are expecting other twists to be revealed later on. I think there will be a twist in which it was revealed Michael was an angel at one point and then got sent to the Bad Place.

by Anonymousreply 41November 11, 2017 2:18 AM

I pitched this fucking idea to an executive years ago at some rinky dink thing in LA. I'm fucking pissed that it's successful. FUCK THIS.

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2017 11:57 AM

I love Janet AND the Bad Place Janet, who's fabulous.

Also think William Jackson Harper, who plays Chidi, deserves some love -- he's great!

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2017 12:01 PM

R42 Name and shame. Let's see if it's the same executive running this show.

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2017 12:04 PM

R42 If it's any consolation, the show doesn't have high ratings and a few cast members were snubbed during last Emmy season.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2017 1:27 PM

I feel like it's only become a critical darling this season, post-reveal. So Emmys may yet follow.

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2017 1:31 PM

I think this show will snubbed by the Emmys again this year. Critics do love the show, but the problem is Emmy voters stay set in nominating the same people and shows for cycles at a time.

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2017 1:54 PM

Oh yeah, it will definitely take at least one more season to get traction at the Emmys.

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2017 2:05 PM

I hope this show gets another season. It doesn't do that well in the ratings, but it might get renewed because due to the critical praise. As for Emmy nominations, I think D'Arcy Carden deserves a nomination. She won't get one because she's pretty much unknown with Emmy voters.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2017 2:26 PM

William Jackson Harper is hot in a dorky kind of way. I wonder if Chidi was ever paired with a guy in one of the reboots.

by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2017 2:38 PM

Most of the ratings sites have it as a sure bet for renewal.

by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2017 5:12 PM

[quote]I pitched this fucking idea to an executive years ago at some rinky dink thing in LA. I'm fucking pissed that it's successful. FUCK THIS.

You should've let him fondle you.

by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2017 5:12 PM

This isn't exactly an earth-shattering premise - dead people think they're in heaven but it turns out it's hell. It's just an expanded Twilight Zone episode. The trick is what you do with it. Did you actually pitch these specific characters and relationships - a bad angel trying to get ahead by "innovating" new types of torture, one of them being an ethics professor, one being a complete idiot - was that your pitch?

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2017 5:49 PM

The third season renewal was just announced.

by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2017 9:06 PM

[quote]Did you actually pitch these specific characters and relationships - a bad angel trying to get ahead by "innovating" new types of torture, one of them being an ethics professor, one being a complete idiot - was that your pitch?

Also, did the pitch include a robot?

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2017 9:07 PM

r53, I refused to watch the show to find out the characters. Just it was my premise.

It was over 10 years ago and at a pitch festival hosted by (wont say) and his [again won't disclose]. We just went around to different tables pitching our ideas to these "executive" or people they sent. This asshole shot down my finished spec, was like what else you got, I said 2 or 3 other things and he was like, no, no, don't like it. Then I said my pitch about a woman who gets into heaven by a technical mistake and he said, that's not bad.

Don't know who he is.

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2017 9:27 PM

R56 How do you know it's similar if you haven't seen it? Again, the premise of a woman getting into heaven due to a technical mistake seems too broad to be able to claim it. Besides, the end of the first season reveals that it wasn't a mistake at all and she actually went to hell and everyone is pretending that it's heaven.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2017 9:38 PM

R42 Can you give us hints on the exec's identity?

by Anonymousreply 58November 22, 2017 2:08 AM

r58 see r56

R57, my hook was she makes heaven, hell for everyone there.

by Anonymousreply 59November 22, 2017 6:46 AM

So you were basically just ripping off Sartreā€™s ā€œNo Exitā€.

by Anonymousreply 60November 22, 2017 1:31 PM

[quote]Hope this is doing okay, ratings-wise (considering its on NBC).

They just renewed it for another season. NBC seems ok with not having huge ratings. I remember reading it somewhere that it does better than Superstore in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 61November 22, 2017 6:35 PM

The Good Place may do well on Netflix, since it's short enough to bingewatch easily. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, which has low ratings, does well on Netflix--particularly in the UK--and that has something to do with it being renewed (that and the prestige factor for CW.)

by Anonymousreply 62November 22, 2017 10:08 PM

Mike Schur told NBC in the beginning that he only wanted the seasons to be 13 episodes long. So that's probably another factor into why it keeps getting renewed.

by Anonymousreply 63November 22, 2017 10:14 PM

[quote]Also, did the pitch include a robot?

Not a robot.

by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2017 12:42 PM

I liked it but have been slow about catching up to the new episodes.

by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2017 12:57 PM

I wish the show would explain more about the Janets.

by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2017 1:21 PM

[quote]Oh yeah, it will definitely take at least one more season to get traction at the Emmys.

They should launch an aggressive Emmy campaign where they force voters to watch DVDs of the show.

by Anonymousreply 67December 5, 2017 1:41 AM

Iā€™m getting ready to watch the last couple of episodes. I am in love with the show.

by Anonymousreply 68December 6, 2017 1:50 AM

[quote]Even though she's probably a demon!! šŸ˜±šŸ˜±

Not a demon.

by Anonymousreply 69December 6, 2017 3:14 AM

[quote]I feel like it's only become a critical darling this season, post-reveal. So Emmys may yet follow.

The show just got two Critics Choice awards. If TV critics were Emmy voters this show would easily get Emmy nominations. I doubt it will get nominations for the Golden Globes or the SAGs. Voters for various awards shows tend to only like broadcast shows that are on CBS or ABC.

by Anonymousreply 70December 7, 2017 3:59 AM

R65 I'm the same in that I enjoy it a lot while I'm watching it but I have to kinda force myself to catch up on the latest episodes.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2017 8:39 PM

r70 The awards haven't been announced. It got two NOMINATIONS. And neither of them was for Best Comedy Series.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2017 9:07 PM

I just looked through the nominations list for Critics Choice. How the fuck does Modern Family still keep getting nominated for awards? That show has been dragged out.

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2017 9:17 PM

[quote]They should launch an aggressive Emmy campaign where they force voters to watch DVDs of the show.

Yes, that's a great new way to torture voters in The Bad Place, Vicky.

by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2017 9:23 PM

They should stop showing the close ups of Kristen Bell's eyes when she first wakes up in The Good Place. It makes her look cross-eyed. If her eyes were any closer together she would be a cyclops.

by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2017 9:25 PM

R75 You have to admit, this does make for a fun party trick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2017 9:32 PM

I watched the first two episodes and liked the first one enough, but had trouble getting through the second. It wasnā€™t until the twist was announced that I had an interest in checking out the show in full. Iā€™m glad I did.

Mindy is definitely my favorite of the supporting characters.

by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2017 9:56 PM

They need to show Mindy more. They should have a few more people to the Medium Place.

by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2017 11:02 PM

I'm surprised Kristen Bell hasn't gotten that surgery to correct the lazy eye.

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2017 11:05 PM

NBC released extended cuts of some of the season 2 episodes on their app.

by Anonymousreply 80December 9, 2017 4:12 PM

[quote]Oh yeah, it will definitely take at least one more season to get traction at the Emmys.

I think they might get Emmy love in July. The show has made it onto several "Best of" lists over the past couple of weeks. I think Danson and Bell have the best chances of being nominated. The rest of the cast is too unknown with Emmy voters.

by Anonymousreply 81December 10, 2017 8:39 PM

[quote]This thread has reminded me how unappreciated Cold Case is. It's a shame it is still not on DVD. The music rights will be a nightmare; however, considering the show started in the DVD era, it's a little surprising they didn't finalize those contractual details to ensure the show got a release in physical and digital formats.

I used to watch a lot of crime procedural shows like CSI, Law&Order in addition to Cold Case. But, Cold Case was the one procedural show that I would have loved to have on DVD. Whenever I would see CSI, L&0, and NCIS DVDs in stores I never wanted to buy them. Sadly, Cold Case is pretty much forgotten by many because ION stopped showing reruns a couple of years ago. I doubt other cable networks would show reruns.

by Anonymousreply 82December 11, 2017 5:02 AM

I watched the first six episodes of this season, but have a copy of the back half.

by Anonymousreply 83December 23, 2017 2:05 AM

[quote]They should stop showing the close ups of Kristen Bell's eyes when she first wakes up in The Good Place. It makes her look cross-eyed. If her eyes were any closer together she would be a cyclops.

They haven't shown the closeups of her eyes in awhile. I wonder if they will ever do an episode about a previous reboot told through one of the other humans' POV.

by Anonymousreply 84December 23, 2017 2:59 PM

The return episode was quite good. I loved the demon party.

by Anonymousreply 85January 5, 2018 3:14 AM

I loved "drunk on magnets" Janet. And Evil Janet.

by Anonymousreply 86January 5, 2018 11:41 AM

Best comedy on TV.

by Anonymousreply 87January 5, 2018 11:59 AM

I'm so happy Mindy St.Clair finally got her cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 88January 6, 2018 3:24 AM

[quote]I loved "drunk on magnets" Janet. And Evil Janet.

They should feature Bad Janet more. The actress does well playing both versions. If the group ever gets into the real Good Place, we will probably see other Good Janets.

by Anonymousreply 89January 6, 2018 3:28 AM

I read (on EW, I think) that we're actually gonna see the real Bad Place this season. So, thereā€™s hope we'll get to see Jason's testicles!

by Anonymousreply 90January 6, 2018 11:24 AM

GREAT episode! Loved drunk Janet and bad Janet! And Tahaniā€™s name dropping/slight diss of Ben Affleck!

by Anonymousreply 91January 6, 2018 4:57 PM

The season-one blooper reel -- enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 7, 2018 3:27 PM

Thanks, r92. Yeah, I hope the awful ā€˜Ghostedā€™ doesnā€™t keep Adam from filming new scenes.

by Anonymousreply 93January 7, 2018 3:40 PM

We will see the Bad Place soon. This show should get more attention. It's certainly better than other NBC shows like Superstore and Great News.

by Anonymousreply 94January 12, 2018 2:08 AM

I hope Adam Scott pops up on this show again. I also really hope they don't put Amy Poehler or Nick Offerman as the eventually seen judge on this show.

by Anonymousreply 95January 12, 2018 2:23 AM

This last episode felt a bit like a filler episode. The next one should be good, though.

by Anonymousreply 96January 13, 2018 6:03 PM

I wonder whether they'll cast a "name" actor/comedian as The Judge, or do what they've done with the majority of the characters on the show and just cast someone who's unknown/lesser-known but really great.

by Anonymousreply 97January 13, 2018 8:20 PM

R97 I think they will probably go with a "name" to play judge. It will probably someone who works or has worked with Michael Schur on other shows. Steve Carrell would be a good pick to play the judge imo.

by Anonymousreply 98January 14, 2018 3:43 AM

I have the bad feeling that Janet will be destroyed in the season finale in retaliation for Bad Janet.

by Anonymousreply 99January 14, 2018 3:47 AM

I canā€™t imagine they would get rid of the actress, though. Sheā€™s a regular scene stealer.

by Anonymousreply 100January 14, 2018 3:51 AM

R100 I don't think they would get rid of the actress because it's been established that there are other Janets around in the afterlife.

by Anonymousreply 101January 14, 2018 3:57 AM

Uh, i didn't like this episode and seeing Kristen Bell's fugly husband in it.

by Anonymousreply 102January 19, 2018 2:40 AM

[quote]I wonder whether they'll cast a "name" actor/comedian as The Judge, or do what they've done with the majority of the characters on the show and just cast someone who's unknown/lesser-known but really great.

Based on this article with Jameela Jamil, it looks like they went with a "name" to play the judge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 19, 2018 2:17 PM

Thanks, R103! Interesting... so it WILL be someone audiences will instantly recognize.

Anyone want to venture a guess who it might be? (Does anyone know who D'Arcy Carden idolizes?)

I'm starting to think it will be a woman, since all the people (well, demons) in power thus far have been played by men.

by Anonymousreply 104January 19, 2018 6:40 PM

R104 I also think the judge will be a woman. My prediction for the judge reveal is that the four make to the judge's office in that portal and at first we see a figure with their backs of them and the four humans mistakenly assume the judge is a man and then we see the figure turn and it's revealed to be a woman.

by Anonymousreply 105January 19, 2018 7:02 PM

[quote]Anyone want to venture a guess who it might be? (Does anyone know who D'Arcy Carden idolizes?)

A couple of months I listened to a podcast that D'Arcy did. I think it was the Box Angeles podcast. She got into the improv scene in New York and heavily praised Amy Poehler and UCB. But, being in entertainment, D'Arcy probably idolizes a lot of people.

There are threads on The Good Place subreddit where people are taking guesses on who is playing The Judge. One person guessed Bill Murray and said something like "He would probably do a one off". The person who made that comment ignored the fact that in Jameela Jamil's interview she said that the person is joining the cast. It has to be someone who is either returning to TV or a movie actor or actress who is dipping their feet into the TV world.

by Anonymousreply 106January 20, 2018 2:21 AM

There are only two more episodes left in this season, so they could make the penultimate episode a "filler" (i.e., what happens when Eleanor and company are spit out at other end of the portal, and then go looking for the judge), and then reveal the judge at the very end of the *next* episode/season finale.

The season-one finale ended with a huge twist, so my guess is that they may do the same in season two. End with a bang and leave people clamouring for more.

by Anonymousreply 107January 20, 2018 12:07 PM

Manny looked hotter than ever in that suit and with his hair properly styled.

by Anonymousreply 108January 20, 2018 4:16 PM

Penultimate episode of the season tonight!

by Anonymousreply 109January 25, 2018 9:34 PM

I was kind of let down by the judge reveal. But, it was still a good episode. D'Arcy Carden deserves an Emmy nomination. But, sadly we all know she won't get it.

by Anonymousreply 110January 26, 2018 2:34 AM

[quote]There are only two more episodes left in this season, so they could make the penultimate episode a "filler" (i.e., what happens when Eleanor and company are spit out at other end of the portal, and then go looking for the judge), and then reveal the judge at the very end of the *next* episode/season finale.

I was kind of glad they didn't drag out the judge reveal until the very end of the season finale. In a previous episode, I got the feeling that Michael had previously interacted with the judge on another case. He seemed quite nervous when the humans asked. it will be good to see Michael help make a case for the humans.

by Anonymousreply 111January 26, 2018 3:21 AM

I actually really enjoyed last night's episode, and thought Maya Rudolph was great.

And Bad Janet... I mean... what's not to love? Totally agree with R110 about the Emmy nod.

by Anonymousreply 112January 26, 2018 5:50 PM

I thought Tahani did a decent American accent in a previous episode.

by Anonymousreply 113January 28, 2018 2:55 PM

Dā€™arcy and Ted are terrific- hope they both get Emmy recognition this year.

by Anonymousreply 114January 28, 2018 9:02 PM

Ted Danson deserves an Emmy nomination. I think he'll end up getting snubbed. Emmy voters in the past year or two seem to favor broadcast sitcoms like Blackish and Modern Family. Ted probably deserves an Emmy nod more than Anthony Anderson does.

D'Arcy Carden deserves Emmy love. But, Emmy voters will probably give that god awful Leslie Jones from SNL another Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 115January 29, 2018 4:04 AM

I kind of didn't like this finale.

by Anonymousreply 116February 2, 2018 4:47 AM

Me too. I hope the characters arenā€™t going to remain in this reboot for very long.

by Anonymousreply 117February 2, 2018 11:14 AM

R117 I don't think it will last because one of them will screw up.

by Anonymousreply 118February 2, 2018 11:49 AM

Agree with R116 and R117 -- that was disappointing, and Eleanor back in her old life with her old friends was boring. It was a largely Chidi/Jason/Tahani/Janet/Micheal-free episode, and didn't work. The show is great because of the ensemble, so cutting most of them out of the finale was a mistake.

If the writers had decided this season's big finale twist would be sending everyone back to their lives, that should have been the very last shot (i.e., Eleanor "waking up" in the parking lot... cut to closing title card). That way, the creative team could have spent the next eight months crafting a much stronger "back to reality" concept/storyline.

Seeing what each of their respective Middle Places might have been like, and having each one languish there for a couple of episodes, would have been a better choice, IMO. Or having them all actually make it to the Good Place with some kind of catch/condition.

I don't want to see these characters on Earth, bound by the conventions of the real world. I want to see them in the weird, bizarre, fantastical Good/Bad/Middle Places, with people like Mindy St. Clair and Sean and Trevor and Derek.

by Anonymousreply 119February 2, 2018 1:06 PM

[quote]that was disappointing, and Eleanor back in her old life with her old friends was boring. It was a largely Chidi/Jason/Tahani/Janet/Miche - al-free episode, and didn't work. The show is great because of the ensemble, so cutting most of them out of the finale was a mistake.

I missed the other characters in the finale. I thought it was dumb for Janet to be with Michael tracking the humans on those ticker things.

by Anonymousreply 120February 3, 2018 4:53 AM

Derek

by Anonymousreply 121February 3, 2018 5:57 AM

I didn't get why Janet would need to be tracking them on old fashioned tickers. She's a robot with all the knowledge of the world. I'm wondering if they somehow stripped her of her powers and in a sense is being punished along with Michael and they have to track the four through that methold.

by Anonymousreply 122February 5, 2018 1:05 AM

Not a robot

by Anonymousreply 123February 5, 2018 1:07 AM

Love the show.

Didn't like the finale. Too much about Eleanor, and nothing surprising there. It's like whichever writer was suppose to take charge of this episode finked out and they only had a couple of hours to put together a quick half hour. And kinda failed.

by Anonymousreply 124February 5, 2018 1:15 AM

Seeing Michael behind the bar was a nice little nod to Cheers I thought

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125February 5, 2018 1:18 AM

I think next season there will be a Jason and Tahani centered episode. But, it will be interesting if ever pair back Jason with Janet as he would have no memories of Janet. I predict that somehow Janet and Michael will be turned into humans.

by Anonymousreply 126February 5, 2018 1:29 AM

Shotgun!

by Anonymousreply 127February 5, 2018 3:07 AM

Shelley Long should guest star as a demon next season.

by Anonymousreply 128February 5, 2018 3:12 AM

[quote]I predict that somehow Janet and Michael will be turned into humans.

Oh, I really hope you're wrong. Can you imagine how dull it would be to have a Janet WITHOUT all her cool abilities?

As for Michael behind the bar, that wasn't the Michael we've grown to know and love -- riddled with anxiety and completely confused by human emotions/ethics/etc. The writers dropped the ball and suddenly turned him into this sage, insightful source of counsel, which wasn't true to the character. So I fear how uninteresting it would be having him be human ALL the time.

by Anonymousreply 129February 5, 2018 12:29 PM

I liked the finale even it mostly focused on Eleanor. Next season, they will probably have episodes focused on the other characters. I do wonder if they Janet will visit Earth like Michael has.

by Anonymousreply 130February 7, 2018 12:47 PM

Assuming it is earth.

by Anonymousreply 131February 7, 2018 8:20 PM

I think they are on some kind of earth simulation.

by Anonymousreply 132February 8, 2018 2:33 AM

R132 Aren't we all, dear. Aren't we all.

by Anonymousreply 133February 8, 2018 4:35 PM

I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate how r105's post accurately predicted that there'd be some kind of fake out with the identity of the judge, but instead of mistaking a woman for a man, they mistook a burrito for Maya Rudolph. Because this show is forking bananas.

I didn't really care for the finale but I have hope that it'll be better once we have a third season for context.

by Anonymousreply 134February 9, 2018 3:02 AM

I like that they went with someone like Maya Rudolph as the judge. She's not an unknown, but not extremely well known. Tons of people on reddit kept hoping for Amy Poehler as the judge. I don't think she would have played a good judge character.

by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2018 1:25 AM

::: dusting off this thread because the Season Two blooper reel was released yesterday :::

Enjoy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136July 22, 2018 11:57 AM

Anyone watching season 3?

by Anonymousreply 137October 5, 2018 9:14 PM

Season 3 started out strong. I love this show.

And I would be totally vers for Manny Jacinto.

by Anonymousreply 138October 5, 2018 9:19 PM

I laughed at the American bar/restaurant in last night's episode.

by Anonymousreply 139October 5, 2018 9:26 PM

i want that flag made of red and white jelly beans

by Anonymousreply 140October 5, 2018 9:37 PM

Janet and Trevor need their own spin-off!

by Anonymousreply 141October 5, 2018 10:36 PM

I bet the demon Vicky will pop up on earth this season. Does Janet automatically become human on earth?

by Anonymousreply 142October 5, 2018 10:43 PM

Thread for Season 3 can be found at link below...

Of course, now the dilemma is: to continue using THIS thread or THAT one?

by Anonymousreply 143October 5, 2018 10:45 PM

Good grief. And then I forget the actual link!

My stomach hurts...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144October 5, 2018 10:46 PM

Chidi is damn fit. i need a pic of that semi-naked man

by Anonymousreply 145October 19, 2018 1:47 AM

Holy fuck! Chidiā€™s body!!

by Anonymousreply 146October 19, 2018 1:52 AM

Back to Manny Jacinto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 19, 2018 2:20 AM

chidi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148October 19, 2018 5:02 PM

Loved the midseason finale and D'Arcy Carden deserves an Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 149December 7, 2018 1:35 AM

Last night's episode was definitely geared towards earning Carden a (very well-deserved!) Emmy nod. I mean, she had 90% of the screen time!

It was great, and she was fabulous. I especially enjoyed her JasonJanet.

by Anonymousreply 150December 7, 2018 12:30 PM

Sadly, I can see D'Arcy Carden being snubbed again once Emmy nomination voting rolls around.

by Anonymousreply 151December 7, 2018 8:57 PM

It's been renewed for another season.

by Anonymousreply 152December 7, 2018 9:25 PM

D'Arcy Carden was great playing the other four characters...I especially loved her as Jason! And the scene where sheā€™s Eleanor pretending to be Jason šŸ˜!

I hope she gets some more recognition after this latest episode. Love her in ā€œBarryā€ too.

by Anonymousreply 153December 8, 2018 6:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!