Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Good Place - Season 3 Sneak Peek

I love this show!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2019 10:00 PM

I am so ready for this!

by Anonymousreply 1September 12, 2018 7:19 PM

I didn’t much care for the Season 3 premiere, but the surprise guest star at the end is promising.

by Anonymousreply 2September 28, 2018 3:29 AM

I was very pleasantly surprised by the premiere -- I love the show, but thought the season-two finale was meh, so I worried about what the third season would hold.

Very happy to see everyone back together and I agree w/ R2 re: the return of a character we've seen (and loved) before. LOVED it!

by Anonymousreply 3September 28, 2018 3:42 PM

But did you like the episode, r3?

Not loving this time on planet earth. My favorite bits were Ted Danson and the earth border patrol guy.

by Anonymousreply 4September 28, 2018 10:43 PM

Yup, I liked it more than I thought I would, and am curious to see how it plays out... especially now that it seems like the season will be a Michael/Trevor game of oneupsmanship. I also like that they kept Maya Rudolph around. They just need to figure out a way to get Janet on Earth (powers intact).

I also quite like Chidi's Aussie girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 5September 28, 2018 11:15 PM

Holy motherforking shirtballs! The Good Place is back!!

by Anonymousreply 6September 28, 2018 11:41 PM

[quote]They just need to figure out a way to get Janet on Earth (powers intact).

I was bummed that they went the route of her not having powers on Earth. I think there will be some kind of twist where Janet regains her powers via being logged onto a WiFi connection.

by Anonymousreply 7October 5, 2018 10:58 PM

I'm curious how they plan to keep the show running beyond its current season: they've been in the Good Place, the Bad Place and now on Earth... but there's only so long they can keep bouncing around the afterlife before landing someplace permanent.

And they've kind of run out of destinations, unless they spend an entire season in the Medium Place doing coke with Mindy St. Claire.

If they wind up back in the Good Place at the end of season three, then what?

by Anonymousreply 8October 5, 2018 11:06 PM

[quote]...unless they spend an entire season in the Medium Place doing coke with Mindy St. Claire.

I'd watch that.

by Anonymousreply 9October 5, 2018 11:29 PM

Have we seen the good place yet? We haven’t, right?

by Anonymousreply 10October 5, 2018 11:35 PM

R10 We haven't seen it. I think we will see the good place this season. The real good place could be equally pissed about the four humans getting a second chance like the bad place demons are. Also, Janet was a Good Place Janet and they could be mad that Michael stole her.

by Anonymousreply 11October 6, 2018 1:17 AM

[quote]The real good place could be equally pissed about the four humans getting a second chance...

Given the constructs of the show, could anyone in the real Good Place actually be pissed off? Ever?

By default, wouldn't everyone in the Good Place have to be loving and welcoming, no matter what, or presumably *they* would be considered to be in the wrong place?

by Anonymousreply 12October 8, 2018 10:19 PM

Last night’s episode was great. Love the other Hemsworth brother! And the actress playing Janet is still MVP.

by Anonymousreply 13October 12, 2018 10:28 AM

D'Arcy Carden should have been nominated for an Emmy this past year.

by Anonymousreply 14October 12, 2018 3:17 PM

I am loving the Australian scientist woman.

by Anonymousreply 15October 12, 2018 5:38 PM

I love this show. And I’m not ready to stop.

by Anonymousreply 16October 13, 2018 7:03 PM

Holy god! Chidi is ripped!

by Anonymousreply 17October 21, 2018 7:28 PM

This week’s episode was the best one of the season. Janet kicks ass!

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2018 12:01 AM

Chidi and the ripped demon need to have a face off! (or a sex scene)

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2018 12:11 AM

I love this show. It just keeps getting better and better.

Action-hero Janet must have been so fun for D'Arcy Carden!

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2018 12:12 PM

Season 3 is atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2018 12:15 PM

So nice to see Mindy St. Clair and Derek back, even briefly, last week!

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2019 9:00 PM

S3 is unwatchable. It's so bad.

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2019 9:02 PM

We stopped watching a few episodes ago. I'm glad to hear from R23 that it is not much better now.

by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2019 9:07 PM

Hmmm, I may be in the minority (am I?), but I'm still enjoying it.

I was skeptical that they'd find a new angle in order to keep the whole Good Place/Bad Place thing going after the season two finale, but I think they succeeded.

That said, I suspect/hope that they'll end it after season four. Once the "is the point system rigged and can it be fixed?" mystery is done, presumably our four heroes will finally get to the Good Place, Michael will be "promoted" out of his demon-hood and Janet... well, she'll live happily ever after w/ Jason... somehow.

by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2019 9:22 PM

At this point, they would end up in the middle place, which is acceptable and would set a spot for continuing the series.

by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2019 9:34 PM

the season is just as good as the others. very funny, well written and the acting has been top notch. i guess not enough car crashed to excite r23

by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2019 9:47 PM

I still like it - but it has been a bit more up and down this season. The new ideas have been more hit and miss (and sometimes I think they try to show how clever they are to the detriment of the show). It is still better than most comedies, but I don't think they should stretch it much beyond this season.

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2019 12:11 AM

The last several episodes (after they left earth) have been some of the best.

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2019 1:12 AM

D'Arcy Carden deserves an Emmy nomination for this season. But, knowing the dumb Emmy voters they'll give a nomination to awful Leslie Jones from SNL.

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2019 3:24 AM

The episode where Janet played all the parts should give her a nomination - but you are sadly probably right.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2019 3:32 AM

This week's episode is already the season finale.

And for all the Janet/D'Arcy Carden fans, a collection of some of her best moments at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2019 2:46 PM

Kristen Bell has a 13 episode max per season in her contract

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2019 7:56 PM

They fucked this show up when they changed the premise with S3. It was never "laugh out loud" funny before but was quite clever and interesting.

S3 was embarrassingly bad.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2019 8:00 PM

not in the least! ^

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2019 8:44 PM

I've heard rumors that Season 4 is the last one, and that sounds about right to me. How much longer can they stretch the story out?

by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2019 9:22 PM

IDK BIG BANG HAS STRETCHED IT OUT FOR 300 YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 37January 23, 2019 11:13 PM

after all the nay-saying here lately, i just watch the last ep. and damn. tears. never a straight line to any end. surprise around every corner.

by Anonymousreply 38January 25, 2019 11:30 PM

Manny Jacinto looked particularly hot in his off the shoulder monk outfit!

by Anonymousreply 39January 26, 2019 12:01 AM

Totally teared up during the Chidi-and-Eleanor retrospective, and I thought the final Janet/Eleanor scene was very sweet.

I'm also starting to really love the Sean character.

by Anonymousreply 40January 26, 2019 10:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!