Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I'm a Datalounge accusatory troll

I accuse everyone with popular threads of being a troll.

I'm too stupid to come up with clever threads and far too dull to come up with any funny threads.

It kills me when someone else's thread becomes popular so I have to infest any popular thread I see with troll comments--everyone is a troll as far as I'm concerned.

I love calling everyone "John" or "poo shoes" or "PMBT". I'm desperate for these memes to catch on but sadly I'm the only one who uses them.

When you use the ignore button on me a third of the comments disappear.

I don't really have a life so I spend my time here calling out anyone who is funnier, wittier or more articulate than me.

You all hate me but I don't care, any attention makes me happy even negative attention.

Please don't hate me, just pity me.

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2020 9:53 PM

Wow, if only you realized this description also applies to you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2016 3:20 PM

^^^I know you are but what am I?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2016 3:23 PM

OP, are you the David.a R.ochelle/Witchiepoo//Poo Shoes stalker??

Do you believe the height of all wit is posting that same photo of the Bellagio???

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2016 3:27 PM

I love it, OP. Glad someone finally spelled out what a lot might think watching active threads.

The troll OP is talking about isn't typically as on point as OP or "+1" worthy when doing a troll thread.

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2016 3:28 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2016 3:33 PM

Some people need structure in their lives. They don't like to think there are multiple minds out there creating inane threads.

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2016 3:34 PM

LOL. I've been called "Poo shoes" by a certain poster. WTF? And when you look at his posting history, you ALMOST feel sorry for him because he's clearly a big ole' mess of a human being...but then you remember he's an asshole, and sympathy goes out of the window.

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2016 3:36 PM

Do you also masquerade as the 'Oh Dear, Queer'?

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2016 3:43 PM

OP, that's Datalounge for you. An anonymous message board where all you can go with is a poster's message and maybe his previous post history (ignore a poster's message and then check your ignore tab and look what else said poster posted).

There is a lot of freedom in posting on Datalounge, but it also tempts you to let go of certain inhibitions (calling other posters frau, cunt, troll, etc. / be a troll yourself / shit on other people's opinions or beliefs / be a snarky bitch and throw shade about everything and everyone, etc.).

Don't take posts and posters so seriously. If you do put the posts or entire threads (for example: political ones or the anti-trans ones) on ignore so they won't let you get involved and otherwise ruin your Datalounge visit.

Personally I love the pictures of hot guys (presenting hole, in slut shirts, etc.) threads or any kind of lifestyle threads (cooking, interior design, etc.). Those are the ones where you meet other nice Datalounge appreciating similar things and sometimes you can be entertained about how heated some posters can get arguing about pretty much nothing.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2016 3:51 PM

Don't worry, R7. Apparently, I am also "Poo Shoes."

We are many inside of the sow!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2016 3:52 PM

A photo of OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2016 3:54 PM

R11 did you get into a time machine and go back to 2002 to come up with that reply?

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2016 4:29 PM

J'accuse!

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2016 7:42 PM

Someone called me PBMT once- what does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2016 9:35 PM

I thought PBMT and John were the same person.

I got accused of being both just last night in a thread about covered wagons of all things.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2016 9:46 PM

You are a mega spaz, OP.

Respect my pronouns!

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2016 9:48 PM

Fuck you all!

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2016 9:50 PM

We need a thread for all the "Concerned Hillary voters". They're quite funny.

by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2016 9:51 PM

R17^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2016 10:54 PM

Got sick and tired of being accused myself.

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2016 10:57 PM

Yeah it gets ridiculous, especially with accusations of posting from multiple accounts and counterstalking . There are a handful who do and their writing style is so distinctive they're easy to spot (and block).

I almost hate to say it because I don't want to encourage anyone, but the trolls are part of what gives this place that je ne sais quoi. I love the the random hilarity of how some mundane topic like bookshelves can turn into a screeching, hair-pulling girls' washroom brawl, and the resident trolls with their obsessions are part of that. It's like a little bit of saffron.

I think being accused of being John is a DL rite of passage, like being told to die in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2016 11:14 PM

This thread is making me sad, very sad

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2016 11:16 PM

I despise the assumption that any remotely negative or critical response to any topic on social media is disregarded as a "troll" fishing for attention. It really shuts down any meaningful debate and fills it with mindless syrup.

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2016 11:37 PM

I'm an orphan.

by Anonymousreply 24October 30, 2016 3:43 AM

Darfur orphan, shouldn't you be a Darfur adult by now?

by Anonymousreply 25October 30, 2016 7:36 PM

R25, lack of nutrition has stunted his growth and mental development.

by Anonymousreply 26October 30, 2016 7:37 PM

My pronouns are mandatory, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 27October 30, 2016 7:39 PM

[quote]Do you also masquerade as the 'Oh Dear, Queer'?

R8, the comma goes after "Oh," not "Dear."

by Anonymousreply 28October 30, 2016 7:40 PM

"Meta" or "surreal"?

by Anonymousreply 29October 30, 2016 7:52 PM

Being accused is not the same as being convicted. I think we can all take comfort in that.

by Anonymousreply 30October 30, 2016 8:01 PM

Adults can't be orphans? I wish somebody had told me sooner.

by Anonymousreply 31October 30, 2016 8:42 PM

Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Bellagio, I will fear no evil, for I am not Poo Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 32October 31, 2016 12:08 AM

like clockwork, it's the Poo Shoes Hunter.. he deserves a cum facial for all his hard work and sleuthing

by Anonymousreply 33October 31, 2016 12:30 AM

I've been accused by the poo shoes troll also. I think the poo shoes troll is the same person as poo shoes.

I think I may have been accused of being John, too. It's a great thread killer, even it the thread was getting a lot of responses earlier.

by Anonymousreply 34October 31, 2016 7:15 AM

Thank you, R13!

by Anonymousreply 35October 31, 2016 7:16 AM

Most of these losers are young guys. I can tell because young'uns usually mistake snark for wit. You can't blame them though as they're surrounded by other 20 something imbeciles who also mistake snark for wit.

by Anonymousreply 36November 5, 2016 12:14 AM

I like the pronouns troll best.

A transwoman is not a transwoman, she is a FUCKING WOMAN !

by Anonymousreply 37November 5, 2016 12:17 AM

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 5, 2016 12:19 AM

I've never been accused of being PMBT/John... thank God. Doesn't that mean you write, "Aspergy."

by Anonymousreply 39November 5, 2016 12:24 AM

Gawker used to have the best comments section and people posted with user names so it cut way back on the trolls. I was sorry to see Gawker go for this reason alone - the articles were nothing special. Jezebel is by the same format but the articles don't seem to attract the same group of smart witty posters. Sometimes it can get funny but it's not consistent.

Data Lounge can be great but the anonymous postings give trolls to much room. DL need better software and a better way to block trolls. But it is what it is. DL is still fun and mostly the trolls are easy to ignore. But sometimes they are so aggressive and so stupid I have to move to another thread - I'm sure we've all experienced this. And I'm not totally against trolls - just the ones that are overly-aggressive about being an asshole and annoying.

Maybe someday DL will get better software - or another site like this will come along that 's more fun. But in the meantime I'm glad to read the comments and occasionally post - it's fun and the trolls teach me patience.

by Anonymousreply 40November 5, 2016 1:33 AM

r38 - IQ of 50

by Anonymousreply 41November 5, 2016 1:34 AM

[quote] Most of these losers are young guys

r36 - I think a lot of young women too ... socially maladapted and taking out their anger and frustration on DL

by Anonymousreply 42November 5, 2016 1:38 AM

[quote] I think the poo shoes troll is the same person as poo shoes

r34 - I think there are several people doing the poo shoes thing. It's a great troll "brand" and can be used for whoever is in the mood. But I do agree with OP - there are several sad people who spend most of the day on DL (and probably a bunch of other sites too) just being an assholes and spreading negativity. I guess it beats shuffling around town avoiding eye contact ...

by Anonymousreply 43November 5, 2016 1:46 AM

I found the Accuser troll, he was posting just seconds ago.

He comes on at R97 and accuses a poster of being the Spaz Troll.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 17, 2018 3:28 AM

Because there's just ONE person on Datalounge accusing others of being trolls? Really? Just the one?

by Anonymousreply 45January 17, 2018 3:37 AM

[quote] “If you block R46, half of the threads disappear!”

I also can’t figure this out. It is intending to be damning, obviously. (Oh, for shame! Someone posts a lot!) But who cares? Unless this one person is repeating themselves, I can’t see that it matters.

by Anonymousreply 46January 17, 2018 5:17 PM

J'accusé!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47January 17, 2018 5:20 PM

Such objective self-analysis can only be applauded OP.

by Anonymousreply 48January 17, 2018 5:24 PM

[quote]Maybe someday DL will get better software

Someday, my prince will come. Some day I'll find my love. And how thrilling that moment will be. When the prince of my dreams comes to me.

by Anonymousreply 49January 17, 2018 5:28 PM

D-vida used to try to throw people off the scent by accusing others of being her. It was a strange time.

by Anonymousreply 50January 17, 2018 5:43 PM

“I accuse everyone with popular threads of being a troll. I'm too stupid to come up with clever threads and far too dull to come up with any funny threads.”

Here is why we know YOU are the problem. I’ve been on Datalounge since pre-2000 and the REAL Datalounge was never about attention-whores like you.

And there hasn’t been a clever thread on this site in 5 years if I’m being generous.

So fuck you Rejects from other sites, you are not clever or original I’m the least. You need to be called on your shit for your own good.

by Anonymousreply 51January 17, 2018 6:05 PM

R51, I’ve written many clever threads, you jaded old cow.

by Anonymousreply 52January 17, 2018 8:48 PM

OP, Ray Bolger was less of a straw man than you.

by Anonymousreply 53January 17, 2018 8:49 PM

lol

by Anonymousreply 54May 8, 2020 9:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!