Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

SuperGirl Season 2

Premiere tonight! First night on the new network!

Interestingly, after reading reports that Cat wouldn't be on the show anymore (because Calista Flockhart refused to move to Vancouver)... she's in the premiere at least.

Superman is HOT. Win is HOT. And the new mystery Kryptonian is HOT!!!!

I want them in hot three way action (even if mystery guy remains in a coma)

Anyone else watching? Hopefully season 2 is better than season 1.

by Anonymousreply 600November 26, 2018 9:03 PM

Anyone else watch? Bueller?

by Anonymousreply 1October 11, 2016 4:22 PM

So who is Kryptonian hottie? At first I thought he was Superman, because he had the right looks. But since he was comatose, I got bored after half an hour (Tyler's Superman was fine but the rest was incredibly bad), turned off the show and went to sleep.

by Anonymousreply 2October 11, 2016 5:45 PM

We'll find out over time I guess, but there really wasn't much more about him in the episode, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3October 11, 2016 6:05 PM

R3 Well, I hope someone gets to feel him up, while he's comatose! That's prime Kryptonian beef, right there. LOL

by Anonymousreply 4October 11, 2016 6:08 PM

It looked like he was played by the actor who was the hottie lead in "Containment", and who played the big-bad "Kai" on Vampire Diaries a couple of seasons ago... is it the same guy?

by Anonymousreply 5October 11, 2016 6:10 PM

R5 Yes, Chris Wood. His IMDb page shows who he's playing. I think only comic book geeks knows who that is. Supposedly, he's there for the whole season. I might just follow this dumb show to see how his character pans out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 11, 2016 6:42 PM

He is playing Mon-El. Not a Kryptonian but kind of. Pretty much same powers but how long til the atmosphere starts to poison him and he has to return to the Phantom Zone to survive?

I'm assuming he'll be a romantic interest for Kara.

by Anonymousreply 7October 11, 2016 7:04 PM

[quote]I'm assuming he'll be a romantic interest for Kara.

R7 That's what I am afraid of. (I will just imagine him on the down low with Kal-El.) But eye-candy is eye-candy. Hope he gets a good costume.

by Anonymousreply 8October 11, 2016 7:13 PM

R6, if he's on the show, AND Super man, AND win? Holy fuck, I'd watch just for the gorgeous men, no matter how much the show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 9October 11, 2016 7:14 PM

The guy playing Winn is more like the classic Jimmy Olsen. The dude playing Jimmy Olsen should really be playing a superhero.

by Anonymousreply 10October 11, 2016 7:20 PM

Supergirl will be upstaged in her own show.

by Anonymousreply 11October 11, 2016 7:24 PM

R11 Which is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 12October 11, 2016 7:26 PM

By the gays, ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 13October 11, 2016 7:26 PM

It was fantastic!!

Now was that so hard to do, WB??

Exciting, fun, lighthearted stuff.

I hate that only 3 million people tuned in.

Glad Kara and James aren't going further in their relationship. Love how Wynn was such a fan-boy for Superman and Cat for Clark.

by Anonymousreply 14October 11, 2016 7:41 PM

R14 It hasn't been WB for a long time. But yeah, this dumb... eh "exciting, fun, lighthearted" show belongs on The CW, and not on CBS, the senior citizen network.

by Anonymousreply 15October 11, 2016 7:54 PM

I thought Kat wasn't going to be in it? Did Calista Flockhart have a change of heart?

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2016 8:26 PM

The character of Winn should be the gay best friend. Period. He comes off as SO GAY.

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2016 8:26 PM

R16, I'm pretty sure Calista will be written off and leaving CatCo. But she is supposed to be a recurring role this season.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2016 8:29 PM

R18 Calista is wasted on this crapfest.

by Anonymousreply 19October 11, 2016 8:32 PM

I meant Warner Brothers, not the network. I meant this was fun compared to the fucking doom and gloom of their movies.

Calista will make appearances every so often.

by Anonymousreply 20October 11, 2016 8:33 PM

Calista is only 51? I thought she was a youthful looking sexagenarian.

by Anonymousreply 21October 11, 2016 8:43 PM

Cat will no longer be Kara's boss. Kara is a reporter now and her new boss will be... Snapper Carr.

by Anonymousreply 22October 12, 2016 6:59 AM

[quote] I'm pretty sure Calista will be written off and leaving CatCo. But she is supposed to be a recurring role this season.

Seems like writing her off will give them a reason not to have her around all the time but if she's not that far away she can always pop in for a visit or give Kara advice when needed.

While I do agree she is wasted on the series, I did enjoy her relationship with Kara towards the end of S1.

There were so many things I did not like about the S2 premiere. I get that Kara had to break up with Jimmy but they rushed the hell out of that.

Also suddenly Winn is going to go start working for the DEO?

Also, Chris Wood is a hot and I'm glad he's found a new show. I'm just hoping they'll avoid having him become a love interest for Kara.

by Anonymousreply 23October 12, 2016 7:48 AM

Calista will still be on the show but only in a reduced capacity as she doesn't want to move for filming. They are working it so they can film her scenes in a block and spread it out among the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 24October 12, 2016 9:49 AM

Not it's not R12.

by Anonymousreply 25October 12, 2016 10:01 AM

Yes, the mysterious guy is clearly Mon-El, who has all the powers of a Kryptonian, but is from Daxam instead. He is immune to kryptonite, but lead can kill him.

Intriguing they brought back a very obscure character of Lena Luthor. But she has potential to be a good villainess.

Really enjoyed Tyler as Superman, despite being prepared not to like him. He won me over. Did a far better job playing Supes than Henry Cavill has so far.

by Anonymousreply 26October 12, 2016 10:03 AM

Lead can kill him??? It's so random....

by Anonymousreply 27October 12, 2016 10:20 AM

This is going to be a great season. CW knows how to use male eye candy. Superman and Mon-El, yum!

by Anonymousreply 28October 12, 2016 10:27 AM

Superman is just here for two episodes, so after next week he's gone.

Rather focus on Mon-El.

by Anonymousreply 29October 12, 2016 10:31 AM

I'm sure Superman will be back 😃

by Anonymousreply 30October 12, 2016 10:53 AM

IMDB lists the character played by Chris Wood as rumored to be Mon-El.

If they follow the original comic book storyline for Mon-El, he won't remember who he is when he awakens. They will assume he is Kryptonian, but he will discover he is immune to kryptonite and gradually realize he is from Daxam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31October 12, 2016 1:19 PM

What the hell is Daxam?

by Anonymousreply 32October 12, 2016 1:49 PM

A fictional planet in the DC universe, r32. Krypton colonized Daxam many centuries ago, so the planet's inhabitants are distantly related to Kryptonians. That's why Mon-El has super powers under a yellow sun.

by Anonymousreply 33October 12, 2016 2:06 PM

Every episode that Winn doesn't come out as an unrepentant homosexual is a day this show loses credibility.

by Anonymousreply 34October 12, 2016 2:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35October 12, 2016 3:00 PM

When Calista appeared onscreen I had to blink a couple of times since it seemed the area where her face was situated was slightly blurred. I assume they used some CGI tech in the post production to remove the wrinkles, although it was partly heavy makeup as well. The most terrible example of the blurred face was in the Simon Pegg film Absolutely Anything from 2015 where they'd used some CGI wrinkle removal on Joanna Lumley's face. It just looks so weird. The face is at the same time unnaturally bright, sharp and yet blurry. It stands out from the rest of the scene.

by Anonymousreply 36October 12, 2016 3:32 PM

There still that blind that someone on a series will gradually come out or come to realize they are gay.

Heavy speculation indicates that it might be Wynn or Alex.

by Anonymousreply 37October 12, 2016 4:36 PM

R37 I am hoping for our Daxamite Mon-El! LOL

by Anonymousreply 38October 12, 2016 5:51 PM

[quote]There still that blind that someone on a series will gradually come out or come to realize they are gay.

I'm pretty sure there's a news article out there where they revealed the gay character is a lesbian (of course) they will meet this season who is a (of course) police officer.

by Anonymousreply 39October 13, 2016 8:21 AM

Lena Luthor isn't that obscure. She's been back in the Superman books for a while.

by Anonymousreply 40October 13, 2016 11:18 AM

R40 Lena is still a pretty recent invention relatively speaking. Old school comic readers like me never heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 41October 13, 2016 9:10 PM

'Lena Thorul' is an ancient DC character, though not originally a villain - just unknowingly related to one.

by Anonymousreply 42October 13, 2016 9:59 PM

I am excited for episode 3 "Welcome to Earth." Wonder Woman, Mon El, Maggie "Lez" Sawyer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 14, 2016 12:15 AM

Nice piece on Chris Wood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 14, 2016 12:19 AM

Here's the article...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 14, 2016 12:20 AM

In Silver Age DC comics of the 60s and 70s, Lena Thorul (an anagram of Luthor) did not know she was Lex's sister. She was a very minor character. Appeared in a few Lois Lane and Superman stores. Was a recurring character in Supergirl stories in the early 70s. She was not a villain and had a young son named Val (I think that was his name).

by Anonymousreply 46October 14, 2016 1:05 AM

Superman just turned that boy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 15, 2016 6:18 AM

Gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48October 15, 2016 6:19 AM

Someone over at Alan Sepinwall's TV column on HitFix made this comment.

[quote]I'm okay with the rest of the costume — and, sympathetic though I am to a constant five-o'-clock shadow, between that and the darker shades of his costume, I'll echo a friend of mine who wondered why we're getting the red-K duplicate from 'Superman III'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49October 16, 2016 12:53 PM

I just fucking wish Winn would come out of the goddamned closet.

His gushing over Superman was uber-gay. His designing of SuperGirl's outfit in the premiere episode last year was super-gay. The actor reads super-gay (even if he's supposedly straight and married in real life).

He should totally be the gay best friend. Period.

by Anonymousreply 50October 16, 2016 5:48 PM

R50 Wasn't he on Smash? Didn't he play the straight dude crushed on by his gay writing partner (played by Andy Mientus, Pied Piper on The Flash). I think he definitely went out of his way to "act gay" on Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 51October 16, 2016 8:20 PM

Did Brainiac ever make an appearance in Supergirl?

by Anonymousreply 52October 17, 2016 6:01 AM

R52 I think only Brainiac 8 appeared as the character Indigo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53October 17, 2016 6:14 AM

Anyone watching tonight's episode?

by Anonymousreply 54October 18, 2016 3:06 AM

Yeah. And Winn is gayer than every.

Everyone should tell the SuperGirl writers and marketers that Winn needs to come out as gay:

Twitter: @TheCWSupergirl and @SupergirlStaff

by Anonymousreply 55October 18, 2016 3:24 AM

I dont' know why half the time I type "ever" it comes out "every". Goddammit. Why can't Datalounge have an Edit button?

by Anonymousreply 56October 18, 2016 3:25 AM

Can I just say that this show is vastly superior this season on The CW compared to last season on CBS?

It should have always been on The CW. And it should have always been set in the same universe as Flash/Arrow.

Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 57October 18, 2016 3:48 AM

Mr. Wood gives me wood.

Jeremy should be playing Jimmy Olsen.

Tyler is enormously hot.

by Anonymousreply 58October 18, 2016 4:19 AM

R58 I hated Tyler in Teen Wolf, but here he is really quite attractive as Superman.

by Anonymousreply 59October 18, 2016 6:27 AM

I can't decide if it's the dialog or the acting--or both--but the first episode was weak. Why can't these Berlanti shows get any better?

by Anonymousreply 60October 18, 2016 10:48 AM

Another great episode!

Loved how Wynn kept fan-girling over everything, especially over Supes.

At least Supes and the MM can be friends now.

Both Kara and Supergirl had very nice moments with the departing Cat/Callista.

Hopefully she won't be gone too long. Kara's new boss is a total asshole.

How did Wynn get fired from Catco? Or did he just quit?

by Anonymousreply 61October 18, 2016 7:37 PM

Nice homage to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62October 18, 2016 8:49 PM

Lynda Carter as President.

by Anonymousreply 63October 25, 2016 4:15 PM

She was pretty awesome. Loved the Wonder Woman reference ("You should see my OTHER plane!")

by Anonymousreply 64October 25, 2016 4:21 PM

I loved it!!

I also loved the spinning Supergirl did to douse the flames.

So it looks like it's gonna be Alex and that reporter chick.

Mon-El is mighty fine.

So Madam President is an alien? I was hoping she would secretly be Wonder Woman. She apparently still has the jet! 😛😛

Also her boss was spot on as far as editorializing her article.

by Anonymousreply 65October 25, 2016 4:52 PM

This episode was a mess... low budget = low rent effects/aliens. If the writing were better, one might be able to overlook it, but Kara was written like such a blond airhead sometimes I could hardly imagine her writing a whole news article by herself (I tell myself Winn helped her). I am also a bit disappointed with Mon-El... really nice man candy, but someone just told him his planet had been devastated, you would think a half decent actor would emote just a little bit? Really, at this point, the Martian and the proto-Lesbian are the ones holding up the show, but their individual b-plots are just not that interesting. Also not feeling the new Maggie Sawyer. This show suffers by too many bad castings (ahem Jimmy Olsen). As the guest star, Lynda Carter was alright... her acting was bit shaky at first but she found her stride, but due to the writing/production, I didn't believe for one minute she was the President. But interesting twist at the end that she was also not quite human.

by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2016 4:59 PM

Sorry you didn't enjoy it. The rest of us had fun!

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2016 5:04 PM

Totally agree with everyone about Winn. They really should've written him as the gay friend from episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 68October 25, 2016 5:17 PM

R67 I would enjoy it more if it has a bit more credible tone like The Flash or the early seasons of Arrow. But it suffers from weak writing and weaker acting, to the point that Supergirl reminds me a bit too much of those Power Rangers type of farcical superhero shows for kids.

by Anonymousreply 69October 25, 2016 5:21 PM

Well, that's why the cable box comes with a remote.

by Anonymousreply 70October 25, 2016 5:38 PM

R66 critiques the acting and sets in Ed Wood movies.

by Anonymousreply 71October 25, 2016 5:42 PM

R70 Who uses cable box anymore? Roku is where it's at. Have to credit to the CW for streaming their shows pronto the next day. Without this convenience, I wouldn't be watching any of their shows otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 72October 25, 2016 5:45 PM

I use a cable box, hooked up to my Xbox One. "Xbox, watch HBO". Works like a charm and I never have to memorize those stupid channel numbers that change every few years anyway.

by Anonymousreply 73October 25, 2016 6:05 PM

I stream any show I want five minutes after it's broadcast on one of the three streaming sites I use on my laptop, then HDMI that bitch right to my tv. Nobody needs cable.

by Anonymousreply 74October 25, 2016 6:11 PM

[quote]I use a cable box, hooked up to my Xbox One

Whatever works for you gamer. But just this sentence gives me a headache. lol

by Anonymousreply 75October 25, 2016 6:32 PM

I love the supercilious DL queens who think their above "common" things like cable TV. They make me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 76October 25, 2016 6:41 PM

R76 Whatever makes you laugh. But cable tv (the delivery method rather than the content itself) is going down the same road as printed newspaper.

by Anonymousreply 77October 25, 2016 6:55 PM

Well since 50+ million Americans have cable I think your eulogy is a bit premature.

by Anonymousreply 78October 25, 2016 7:54 PM

R78 Well, the end is coming like the inevitable cancellation for this show. To keep it on topic. LOL

by Anonymousreply 79October 25, 2016 7:59 PM

My point had nothing to do with the delivery method. I couldn't care less if you watch the show via cable, Roku, or mental telepathy.

My point was people have options. If you hate the show, why watch it? Watch something else or read a book (on your Kindle, of course, paper being obsolete).

by Anonymousreply 80October 25, 2016 8:12 PM

"I love the supercilious DL queens who think their above "common" things like cable TV. "

I love the supercilious DL queens who think they're above "common" things like third grade grammar.

by Anonymousreply 81October 25, 2016 8:35 PM

A typo, cretin.

by Anonymousreply 82October 25, 2016 8:38 PM

R80 People giving the show a chance and coming away with a negative opinion is a natural consequence of tv viewing. Critiquing a show for specific reasons is being constructive, even if you don't like it. Post something positive about the show instead of complaining about other posters.

by Anonymousreply 83October 25, 2016 8:43 PM

[quote]I love the supercilious DL queens who think their above "common" things like cable TV. They make me laugh.

Exactly. It's like, "Bed!? Bed!!?? Who uses those, gramps? I float in mid-air on my anti-gravity sleeping system."

They make me laugh, too.

by Anonymousreply 84October 25, 2016 8:47 PM

[quote]People giving the show a chance and coming away with a negative opinion is a natural consequence of tv viewing.

Yes, it is. But continuing to watch a show one claims to hate week after week, year after year, and rushing to DL to complain about it after each episode is neither a natural nor a rational reaction. And that is the DL modus operandi as I'm sure you know. So I suspect your post was a little disingenuous.

[quote]Critiquing a show for specific reasons is being constructive

Well, since the writers and producers of the show don't likely read DL, it's a stretch to characterize it as "constructive," but it's certainly your right to post it. Just as it is my right to express my bewilderment with people who habitually watch shows they find poorly made.

I don't have time to watch all the shows I like, much less ones I don't enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 85October 25, 2016 9:09 PM

R85 What you're missing is that we have lots of unemployed and those on disability here on DL. They live to come here and bitch, all their waking hours.

by Anonymousreply 86October 25, 2016 9:15 PM

R85 You are assuming people are watching this show year after year? This show has one less than stellar season on CBS under its belt, and is essentially a new show on its third episode for CW after moving there. Someone new to the show and watched it for three episodes is hardly out to hate watch. All this projecting and protesting because you read a negative comment about a silly superhero tv show on Datalounge, really?

by Anonymousreply 87October 25, 2016 9:25 PM

I made a simple, brief comment at R70 which I clarified at R80 and R85. Sorry I didn't agree with your opinion but I stated unequivocally...

[quote]...it's certainly your right to post it. Just as it is my right to express my bewilderment with people who habitually watch shows they find poorly made.

This has nothing to do with a "silly superhero tv show," it's every show discussed on DL and, yeah, I'm genuinely puzzled by people who claim to hate shows but never miss a second of any episode.

R86 I think you hit on it. If you have no life but want to bitch incessantly, why not subject youself to noxious situations so you'll have something to complain about? Makes some twisted sense.

by Anonymousreply 88October 26, 2016 2:42 AM

R88 Just because people dislike an episode of a show does not mean they are "hate watching" every episode. Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 89October 26, 2016 2:49 AM

Are you new to DL?

by Anonymousreply 90October 26, 2016 6:29 AM

Which episode are these from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91October 26, 2016 8:46 PM

Those are from the Metallo episode, season 2 episode 2 R91

by Anonymousreply 92October 26, 2016 8:50 PM

R92 Thanks. Hope Tyler will be back as Superman on this show.

by Anonymousreply 93October 26, 2016 8:54 PM

R93, he will be. He's an occasionally recurring character.

I still wish they'd just go ahead and fucking make Winn gay. It's so OBVIOUS he is. Especially with his crushing on Superman.

by Anonymousreply 94October 26, 2016 8:56 PM

R94 If Winn comes out, he will be written off or be killed off. He doesn't seem to have many scenes even now. Was there ever an episode in the first season that featured Winn a bit more?

by Anonymousreply 95October 26, 2016 9:57 PM

The episode about his father, Toyman. R95

by Anonymousreply 96October 26, 2016 10:00 PM

R96 So maybe Winn will turn bad at some point?

by Anonymousreply 97October 26, 2016 11:04 PM

Any interest in the Legion of Super Pets?

by Anonymousreply 98October 28, 2016 7:45 PM

"A typo, cretin. "

A cretin's typo. Fixed that for you, R76, R82. And don't dare blame autocorrect, an app. which has a greater grasp of basic grammar than you.

Previously, on A Cretin's Typo:

"I love the supercilious DL queens who think their above "common" things like cable TV. "

by Anonymousreply 99October 28, 2016 8:51 PM

Why, yes, a person who knows the word supercilious certainly wouldn't know the difference between their and they're.

Idiot.

P.S. You're a lovely example of why grammar trolls are considered the dreariest trolls on DL.

by Anonymousreply 100October 29, 2016 9:48 PM

I want Winn and Mon-El to get together.

by Anonymousreply 101November 1, 2016 3:16 AM

Mon-El is a Draxamite from a Frat-Boy type planet, according to Supergirl. (He actually appears to be better-looking on the show than in this picture.) So how will Supergirl continue to resist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102November 1, 2016 3:28 AM

Seriously, Jeremy Jordan and Chris Wood have so much chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 103November 1, 2016 3:30 AM

Yes, R101.

They had mad chemistry.

Poor Martian Manhunter.

by Anonymousreply 104November 1, 2016 4:30 AM

"Why, yes, a person who knows the word supercilious certainly wouldn't know the difference between their and they're. "

Butcha didn't, Blanche R100. Ya didn't know the difference.

Dig, dig, dig yourself outta that hole!

by Anonymousreply 105November 1, 2016 4:44 AM

R105, you're just being a dick now. Stop.

by Anonymousreply 106November 1, 2016 4:47 AM

Your failure to comprehend the subtitle of this website, "pointless bitchery" is not my problem, R106.

Idiots like R100 who look up multisyllabic words to show off, then prove their linguistic limitations with the basic error of their/they're, deserve public scorn and derision, because it's fun.

I know now that every time this twit wrongly uses these words, my barbs will come to mind. Ha!

I could even save this twit from making such a stupid error again on his/her resumé.

Moving back to Supergirl, Mr. Wood still gives wood!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107November 1, 2016 5:02 AM

R102 Someone from "Frat boy planet" must be at least "sexually fluid"! Supergirl will walk in on Mon-El fucking WInn one day. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 108November 1, 2016 5:18 AM

Stunning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109November 1, 2016 5:20 AM

R109 The nose is a bit odd if you look too closely, but everything else is near perfect.

by Anonymousreply 110November 1, 2016 5:23 AM

R110 = the kind of bitch who always complains about minor problems with her food in restaurants, OCD re-arranges pictures on walls at other people's homes, spends hours in a mirror primping and plucking eyebrows, all t no avail in making her less ugly, and she hates her sad lonely life.

by Anonymousreply 111November 1, 2016 5:07 PM

R111 has no life... period.

by Anonymousreply 112November 1, 2016 9:20 PM

R109, I first fell in lust with him as Kai on Vampire Diaries, then as the lead on that show "Containment", and now here. He is so goddamned sexy I almost can't stand it.

by Anonymousreply 113November 1, 2016 9:23 PM

R112, is having period, for life.

by Anonymousreply 114November 1, 2016 9:23 PM

R113 Has he ever played gay?

by Anonymousreply 115November 1, 2016 9:58 PM

R114 is a douche.

by Anonymousreply 116November 1, 2016 10:00 PM

Chris Ward did kiss Ian Somerhalder as a joke for a Comic Con trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 1, 2016 10:05 PM

R117 Oh...nice

by Anonymousreply 118November 1, 2016 10:16 PM

[quote]I want Winn and Mon-El to get together.

Winn seemed quite appreciative and tongue-tied last night.

It will surprise no one that R99 and R105 are the same troll posting from two devices, spreading nastiness all over DL. The term "pointless bitchery" really should be removed from this site. The only posters who hide behind it are the bitter, vicious cunts who jump from thread to thread insulting others.

by Anonymousreply 119November 1, 2016 10:46 PM

There, their, R119. You've got some internet butthurt. They're, their.

by Anonymousreply 120November 1, 2016 11:03 PM

Mon-El trying to seduce Winn was really hot.

by Anonymousreply 121November 2, 2016 1:28 AM

You know ... Winn is hilarious.

"I don't have a hangover! YOU'RE defensive!"

by Anonymousreply 122November 2, 2016 1:38 AM

R121 And Winn finally gets some. The drought is over! lol Oh, wait, this is CW.

by Anonymousreply 123November 2, 2016 1:54 AM

SIERRA!!! (from Dollhouse)

by Anonymousreply 124November 2, 2016 1:56 AM

Chris Wood played a gay character on Girls

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 2, 2016 2:41 AM

Surely he had more than 6 seconds of screen time in Girls?

by Anonymousreply 126November 2, 2016 5:24 AM

Here's a little more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 2, 2016 5:26 AM

"the same troll posting from two devices... (bla bla bla)..."

R119 wins the Junior Detective contest! Scandalous! I post from work by Day! Then at Home by night! SHOCKING!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128November 2, 2016 6:32 PM

Mon-El is hot enough to keep me tuning in to this mess. Wish the whole show is about him...

by Anonymousreply 129November 5, 2016 7:06 AM

Yeah, what's up with the name Mon-el? It sounds like is from the same family as Kara Zor-el and Kal-el. Or did I miss something? I didn't notice them ever explaining. In the comics it was a temporary name because he had amnesia and they thought he might be Superman's brother (his name turned out to be Lar Gand), but here he knows who he is.

by Anonymousreply 130November 7, 2016 5:09 AM

R130 This show really doesn't care all that much about the comics. I hope they don't use his comic book costume, which looks too old-fashioned. Wonder what costume Winn will design for Mon-El? I hope Winn will be smart to get him naked during the process.

by Anonymousreply 131November 7, 2016 5:17 AM

Here's the comic origins for Mon-El

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132November 7, 2016 5:32 AM

Mon-El has one of the least sexy costume in the DC verse.

by Anonymousreply 133November 7, 2016 6:43 AM

They really need to just make Winn come out of the closet now. It's ridiculous. His swooning over Superman and his chemistry with Mon-El is just ridiculously off the charts. HE'S SO GAY. STOP PRETENDING HE'S NOT.

by Anonymousreply 134November 7, 2016 3:11 PM

R134 More than likely, this show will have them be just bros, hanging out and picking up girls together. Barf.

by Anonymousreply 135November 7, 2016 8:25 PM

He should be named HOT EL!

by Anonymousreply 136November 7, 2016 8:35 PM

The intern from Daxam has a terrible work ethic.

by Anonymousreply 137November 8, 2016 12:19 AM

[quote]I hope they don't use his comic book costume, which looks too old-fashioned.

I hope they don't give him a "modern" makeover like the hideous Xena ripoff they gave Wonder Woman.

Sadly, the logical gay couple, Winn and Mon-El, ain't happening. Mon-El nearly fucked a girl tonight (big bulge!) and the lezzie romance is winding up.

by Anonymousreply 138November 8, 2016 12:28 AM

Mon-El is a slut... then Winn still has a chance.

by Anonymousreply 139November 8, 2016 1:23 AM

Here's hoping Mon-El's bisexual or just super horny that he'll fuck anyone.

by Anonymousreply 140November 8, 2016 3:26 AM

R140 I think the best we can hope for is Mon-El teasing or flirting with Winn. I think the actors are all for that kind of subtext. It's kind of frustrating in a way. It's 2016. Screw subtext.

by Anonymousreply 141November 8, 2016 3:47 AM

Mike!

by Anonymousreply 142November 8, 2016 10:59 AM

Mike almost with his pants down was a cute scene... Damn the boy is fine.

by Anonymousreply 143November 8, 2016 11:17 AM

Yes, the outright lesbian 'coming out' stuff is as far as they'll go.

Because lesbians are innocuous in pop culture. Hot men smooching is threatening to the flyover fraus.

by Anonymousreply 144November 8, 2016 7:00 PM

R143, they might as well have shown him with a boner, his pants were so tight!

by Anonymousreply 145November 8, 2016 7:09 PM

Chris Wood is great at finding the tongue in cheek humor on this show.

by Anonymousreply 146November 8, 2016 7:12 PM

Chris gives me wood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147November 8, 2016 7:45 PM

I thought I was watching a romcom with Kara/Mon El for much of the ep... The show sure made Winn take a backseat. Last week he was all over Mon El. This week he never even said a word to him, just making some bitter comment like Kara was more charmed by Mon El than by himself and Jimmy. But he and Jimmy Olsen seem to be bonding well, and now he's going to design Jimmy's superhero costume? It's so Mon El who?

by Anonymousreply 148November 8, 2016 8:02 PM

I love R128. That fake-ass Jessica Fletcher at R119 is always accusing somebody of being a troll just because they post from different computers. He REALLY needs to get laid. If somebody is brave enough.

by Anonymousreply 149November 8, 2016 8:07 PM

See you dropped your cookies to come back and troll some more.

by Anonymousreply 150November 10, 2016 2:11 AM

Now that Alex came out, it's time to wait for Winn

by Anonymousreply 151November 15, 2016 3:29 AM

Winn isn't coming out. They'd rather he be a eunuch than a homo, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 152November 15, 2016 10:41 AM

Chris Wood fucking gorgeous. There's something really sexy about him....

by Anonymousreply 153November 15, 2016 10:46 AM

R153 He's better when he's not talking. Once he opens his mouth, he becomes an ordinary frat boy in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 154November 15, 2016 1:15 PM

Funny stuff. More gay winks.

Winn: I can't survive prison! I've seen every season of Oz.

by Anonymousreply 155November 22, 2016 12:23 AM

R155 Aww... I think he will enjoy prison if he gets the right bunk mate.

by Anonymousreply 156November 22, 2016 1:15 AM

God dammit, they're totally going to put Mon-El and Kara together. Not that's a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 157November 22, 2016 3:57 AM

I demand Saturn Girl, or else!!!

by Anonymousreply 158November 22, 2016 4:16 AM

Nah, that'll have to be kept to flirting alone. Those two would burn up Earth if they ever fucked.

I'm gay and Melissa Benoist was hot AF in those pics upthread with the guy banging her snatch...and her partner was so hot, too. Some famous photographer. Great B/W photos that looked like retro porn. Hot as fuck.

Supergirl and Mon-El would be too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 159November 22, 2016 4:16 AM

R159 No, Mon-El and Superman fucking would burn up Earth. Mon-El and Supergirl together are kind of cute but not particularly hot.

by Anonymousreply 160November 22, 2016 4:56 AM

I hate that they are writing Mon-El as such a wuss. He's not even a beta male. More like omega. Supergirl should just get a strap-on, and fuck the cowardice out of him.

by Anonymousreply 161November 23, 2016 3:31 AM

Supergirl lives in a different universe than do the Flash, Green Arrow, and the Legends of Tomorrow. How are they going to get them together next week?

by Anonymousreply 162November 23, 2016 5:49 PM

Maybe Flash will zip her over to their world.

by Anonymousreply 163November 23, 2016 7:03 PM

R162 The synopsis said Flash sought out the Legends to help get Supergirl to come fight the aliens.

by Anonymousreply 164November 23, 2016 7:20 PM

Maybe the Flashpoint merged their Earths?

by Anonymousreply 165November 23, 2016 7:23 PM

R165 That would be convenient... and comic book like.

by Anonymousreply 166November 23, 2016 7:36 PM

Who is the next CW Comic Book Lesbian???

Maybe Killer Frost will tongue-kiss women to suck out all of their warmth.

Speedy has been ruined for men. She can TURN Lesbian with Nissa.

Cat Grant said she was making changes in her life; is she also a late-in-life-NuLesbian???

by Anonymousreply 167November 23, 2016 7:58 PM

It would be interesting if Killer Frost is lesbian while Caitlin is straight.

by Anonymousreply 168November 23, 2016 8:14 PM

Chris Wood is amazingly hot and I love the character. Mon-el's a nice change of pace from do-gooder Supergirl but still basically good hearted. I don't understand why he would have a crush on her because they don't seem compatible.

I hope that they change the comic storyline so he gets to stay on Earth.

by Anonymousreply 169November 24, 2016 3:13 AM

R169 The show would be foolish to get rid of Mon El... he's the eye candy the show needs. He's essentially a superman substitute except he could have huge personal flaws, and can date Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 170November 24, 2016 3:57 AM

Chris Wood is a series regular, so doesn't look like they're going to write Mon-El off. At least not this season.

by Anonymousreply 171November 24, 2016 4:03 AM

I don't care Mon-El is a coward as much... when he turns and runs in those tight jeans! Hopefully, he'll get a better costume than Guardian, which looks a Medieval armor designed by an elementary kid. (Sorry, Winn, you failed in covering up too much of Jimmy's bulging parts).

by Anonymousreply 172November 24, 2016 4:14 AM

My main aim was covering Jimmy's face.

by Anonymousreply 173November 24, 2016 4:23 AM

I think Mon El is actually the prince and he changed the story so he made it look like he's selfless when he really just took the last escape pod. My question is how would he know to change the story that way? Wouldn't he assume that human culture is selfish too like Daxam?

by Anonymousreply 174November 24, 2016 4:43 AM

If he's the prince, he's got the just standing around and be pretty part down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175November 24, 2016 4:50 AM

When Supergirl caught Mon El banging the secretary in the supply room, Mon-El should've asked if she wanted to join.

by Anonymousreply 176November 25, 2016 2:22 AM

I am guessing Mon-El is also a name of a venereal disease somewhere in the universe.

by Anonymousreply 177November 25, 2016 3:38 AM

Don't hate the playa hate the game, R177

by Anonymousreply 178November 25, 2016 5:26 AM

Mon-El needs to be more naked more often.

by Anonymousreply 179November 28, 2016 6:54 PM

Hopefully, Mon-El and Supergirl take their relationship to the next level so you get your wish, r179.

by Anonymousreply 180November 29, 2016 5:24 AM

I was hoping for more of Flash and Vibe, but otherwise it was an OK episode. They kinda terminated the "J'onn is turning into his enemy" subplot quickly and without much fanfare. Seems like it was hardly worth the buildup.

by Anonymousreply 181November 29, 2016 5:24 AM

It was not bad. Lots of Mon-El. Helen Slater saving the day for him. A predictable switch ending that was still satisfying. Some lezzie action for those so inclined.

by Anonymousreply 182November 29, 2016 6:36 AM

Helen Slater aged so much better than Dean Cain, who was seen in a recent episode. He was so bloated I didn't even recognize him.

by Anonymousreply 183November 29, 2016 6:49 AM

It was a great episode. Was kind of thinking that Lena would betray her dangerous bitch of a mother.

Kara and Lena's scenes make me wonder if there are any Luthors who DON'T have mad chemistry with those sexy Kryptonians 😝😝

I'm glad Martian Manhunter will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 184November 29, 2016 7:30 PM

How did this Mon-el get his name? In the original, comic book version, Superboy gave him the name Mon-El because he thought Mon-el was Kal-el's previously unknown brother and because Mon-el landed on earth on a Monday.

by Anonymousreply 185November 29, 2016 7:38 PM

Mon El is best when he's comatose... such a pretty profile he has. Then he wouldn't have to open his mouth and spew some of the cheesiest lines. Don't like the personality the show has given him, but he sure looks good in those jeans. The show really needs to put him in some skin tight costume soon.

by Anonymousreply 186November 29, 2016 7:48 PM

I think Chris Wood's very charming as Mon-El. In fact, I wish they kept his playboy attitude to contrast with Kara, a little longer before the inevitable romance.

by Anonymousreply 187November 30, 2016 1:05 AM

R187 I suppose a playboy Mon-El is fun to watch and fits into a CW show better. It would be fine if I didn't have an impression of Mon-El from the comics, where he was portrayed as one of the more serious and monogamous Legionnaires.

by Anonymousreply 188November 30, 2016 5:01 AM

Bitch better keep her hands off my man.

by Anonymousreply 189November 30, 2016 5:40 AM

Is there any man (besides the Martian) who doesn't have the hots for Supergirl?

by Anonymousreply 190December 2, 2016 7:17 PM

I'd rather have Mon-El and Winn hook up.

by Anonymousreply 191December 2, 2016 7:34 PM

I hope when she gets Mon-El's dick, Supergirl is less of a do-gooder stick in the mud.

by Anonymousreply 192December 4, 2016 6:30 AM

It'll be back Monday!

by Anonymousreply 193December 29, 2016 4:26 PM

If they were going to write Mon-El as Dev-Em, why not just use Dev?

by Anonymousreply 194December 29, 2016 5:05 PM

So Melissa Benoist and Blake Jenner are getting divorced!

by Anonymousreply 195December 29, 2016 5:06 PM

One man is not enough for Melissa. This girl needs cock, and a lot of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 29, 2016 5:12 PM

Is that blake jenner in the photo or someone else? He's HOT.

by Anonymousreply 197December 29, 2016 5:14 PM

Blake seemed too young anyway. Blind items are saying she's getting close to the Mon El guy.

by Anonymousreply 198December 29, 2016 5:14 PM

R195 Oh Mary! I mean, Melissa! Did Blake turn to the homosex while you were busy filming and neglected his dick?

by Anonymousreply 199December 29, 2016 5:16 PM

Yeah, rumor has it Chris Wood and Melissa are had an affair. Poor Blake, I'm willing to comfort him.

That's Nick Vronderman in the photos who Melissa cheated on with Blake.

by Anonymousreply 200December 29, 2016 10:41 PM

Nick is way hotter than Blake.

by Anonymousreply 201December 29, 2016 10:47 PM

r194 Dev-Em is a rather obscure character. Mon-El is at least fairly well known in the DC Universe.

Mon-El was never developed much as a character in the comics. Presumably, we will watch him grow and mature as a person as the season progresses.

by Anonymousreply 202December 29, 2016 10:50 PM

R201 Common they are all hot. Most DL'ers can only dream of bedding a string of men like that.

by Anonymousreply 203December 29, 2016 10:58 PM

The pic of Melissa and Nick Vorderman is old. It came out during the Fappening. I think Chris Wood is the current screw and damn he's hot.

She has good taste in men.

by Anonymousreply 204December 29, 2016 11:01 PM

Finally, I have a shot with Blake Jenner

by Anonymousreply 205December 30, 2016 1:59 AM

R205 in your jerk off fantasy, yes, you do.

by Anonymousreply 206December 30, 2016 2:05 AM

If she turns out to be a big whore I'm gonna be so bummed.

by Anonymousreply 207December 30, 2016 2:06 AM

Just 8 days to go!

by Anonymousreply 208January 15, 2017 5:12 AM

Renewed for Season 3, for those who don't know. Guess Chris Wood has a job for next year.

by Anonymousreply 209January 15, 2017 5:45 AM

Possibly. Unless they decide to get rid of his character at the end of the season.

by Anonymousreply 210January 15, 2017 5:56 AM

R210 Since he's the designated "love interest" for now. The show would have to rush through the romance or abort it all together to get rid of him. Personally, I would like him to turn bad and be a villain.

by Anonymousreply 211January 15, 2017 6:00 AM

They won't get rid of him. He's the main lead and he's hot.

by Anonymousreply 212January 15, 2017 6:01 AM

Also, please get Chris Wood into some tight costume ASAP. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 213January 15, 2017 6:15 AM

Your wish is coming, R213. This week Mon-El decided he wanted a costume.

by Anonymousreply 214January 28, 2017 6:59 AM

Wish it was just a jockstrap with a cape.

by Anonymousreply 215January 28, 2017 7:01 AM

Just give him a modification of the classic Superman suit with the brief. Like change the color scheme and the chest emblem, and we're good to go.

by Anonymousreply 216January 28, 2017 7:04 AM

I actually thought it was a really good episode last night. Some great moments.

by Anonymousreply 217January 31, 2017 9:30 PM

Wynn is soooo gay. why not must have him come out?

by Anonymousreply 218January 31, 2017 10:04 PM

Totally agree R217 much better than the boring episode last week

by Anonymousreply 219February 2, 2017 6:43 AM

Alex and Maggie to be the focus on Valentine's day episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220February 3, 2017 10:09 AM

Did I miss something or was that it for Mon-El's costume? That black get-up with the funny goggle... or has Wynn not finished his design yet? I was hoping for a scene with Wynn taking Mon-El's measurements.

by Anonymousreply 221February 3, 2017 6:49 PM

Lulz, brobeans R221. Not gonna happen but it would've been amazing. Which side does sir dress on?

by Anonymousreply 222February 3, 2017 6:54 PM

Lesbians have ruined this fandom.

by Anonymousreply 223February 13, 2017 11:15 PM

Some places on Earth on don't like ladies who like other ladies.

by Anonymousreply 224February 14, 2017 12:58 AM

Winn needs to get with Mon El.

Next week's episode looks TERRIBLE.

by Anonymousreply 225February 14, 2017 1:44 AM

Mon-El is open for anything! This will lead to a lot of gay shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 226February 14, 2017 3:56 AM

They made Mister Myxlplyx hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227February 14, 2017 4:01 AM

Kevin Sorbo is coming to Supergirl

by Anonymousreply 228February 17, 2017 4:46 AM

Kevin Sorbo? WTF? He's ugly and a horrible actor and a fucking virulent Repug. What are they thinking? Are they trying to appeal to redstaters? Is Hollywood going to start doing that now since, supposedly, that's what America is now? I know I heard some producer after the election say something along those lines. It's also the reason there are going to be a spate of tv shows about militias and that kind of shit.

by Anonymousreply 229February 17, 2017 6:09 AM

R229

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 17, 2017 6:27 AM

Chris Wood gives me wood!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231February 17, 2017 6:43 AM

I think this article is really reaching, but whatever ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232February 19, 2017 1:17 AM

If it means Chris Wood getting it on with a guy, I'm all for it.

by Anonymousreply 233February 19, 2017 1:18 AM

R231 I love the picture on the right. He looks like he's realky enjoying what's going on out of frame.

Unfortunately, the pic on the left is ruined by something...fishy.

by Anonymousreply 234February 19, 2017 1:50 AM

The show had such a strong start to the season, but it's been really lame the last few episodes.

And Winn is the only other character that should come out. He's so obviously gay and has been so since episode one of season one. Further, the two characters that had the most chemistry on the show were Winn and Mon-El. COME ON PEOPLE. ACKNOWEDGE THE PAINFULLY OBVIOUS.

by Anonymousreply 235February 19, 2017 2:36 AM

I don't really understand making characters pan- or bisexual and then give them just partners of the opposite sex. So Mon-El is "the more the merrier" and yet all we saw was him sexing it up with other women, including the blonde from the office? Even in his early days on earth there was no scene of him hitting on guys and now he's "the more the merrier"? Awesome.

by Anonymousreply 236February 19, 2017 9:40 PM

Disappointed that Mon-El was not shirtless at the end of this clip... and those grandpa boxers... just no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237February 19, 2017 9:59 PM

New episode tonight

by Anonymousreply 238February 20, 2017 1:48 PM

Why did they have to go and give Winn a girlfriend?

by Anonymousreply 239February 21, 2017 3:55 AM

WINN IS FUCKING GAY

by Anonymousreply 240February 21, 2017 5:26 AM

Alex and Maggie fill the show's gay content. There is no room for gay male characters here.

by Anonymousreply 241February 21, 2017 7:21 PM

R241 There was never any room for regular gay male characters in these superhero shows. You just get blink and you miss it ones.

by Anonymousreply 242February 21, 2017 7:52 PM

Mon El is right, and everyone is treating him like shit.

God this show's writing is so amateurish.

by Anonymousreply 243February 28, 2017 12:22 AM

Is Supergirl supposed to be such an insufferable cunt?

by Anonymousreply 244February 28, 2017 12:31 AM

Alex is an insufferable cunt too!

by Anonymousreply 245February 28, 2017 12:36 AM

It's like neither Kara nor Alex have ever heard of even the most basic and rudimentary security measures. Not like they work for a highly secure organization or anything.

by Anonymousreply 246February 28, 2017 12:38 AM

Kara and Alex owe Mon-El the biggest apology in the world. Goddamn. What total cunts.

by Anonymousreply 247February 28, 2017 12:58 AM

Mon el has a great treasure trail.

by Anonymousreply 248February 28, 2017 2:59 AM

If only a gay male character could get as much screentime on these shows as the lesbian plot

by Anonymousreply 249February 28, 2017 3:57 AM

Ok, so Dean Cain has one robot arm, and he beat the hell out of The Martian Manhunter? One of the few characters in the DC Universe who can beat Superman? Uhh, ok...

by Anonymousreply 250February 28, 2017 4:14 AM

R250 I don't even want to watch this episode because Dean Cain is in it. It's too sad to see a former Superman gone to seed.

by Anonymousreply 251February 28, 2017 4:20 AM

He's in the next episode too R251

by Anonymousreply 252February 28, 2017 4:23 AM

I'm about to drop this show. Last week was terrible. This week was terrible. The writing, the acting, the directing... all terrible.

The two female leads are insufferable, awful, immature whiney bitches. Winn should be gay. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 253February 28, 2017 5:10 AM

[quote]WINN IS FUCKING GAY

Yeah, we heard you the first trillion times you said this. It’s not gonna happen. Deal with it. ANYWAY, the producers need to focus on things like better writing, acting etc. WINN being in the closet is the least of the show’s problems.

by Anonymousreply 254February 28, 2017 10:37 AM

So, when they checked Jeremiah Denvers' wounds, after they freed him, they didn't notice the robot arm? Are you serious? That's got to be the most stupidest thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 255February 28, 2017 11:31 PM

Both Kara and Alex were the stupidest cuts ever in this episode.

by Anonymousreply 256March 1, 2017 12:15 AM

When Wynn and Mon-El were sitting in the bar and Wynn's alien girlfriend comes over to give him a kiss, Mon-El gave him a puzzled look.

I expected Mon-El to say something like, "I thought you were gay. Why are you kissing a girl?"

by Anonymousreply 257March 1, 2017 5:18 AM

So, they rescue Jeremiah Danvers and don't even send him to the hospital to be checked out?

But if they had, they would have discovered his robotic arm and it would have ruined this paint-by-numbers plot of this week's episode.

by Anonymousreply 258March 1, 2017 5:20 AM

The show really needs Calista back to smack the living shit out of Kara

by Anonymousreply 259March 1, 2017 5:23 AM

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 260March 1, 2017 2:23 PM

so james is always looking on as winn plays with his alien girl friend. with longing in his eyes. james loves winn!

by Anonymousreply 261March 7, 2017 1:10 AM

Beats pining for Kara R261

by Anonymousreply 262March 7, 2017 4:00 AM

So they unearthed Terri Hatcher and Rethug Kevin Sorbo to play baddies. Is he General Zod? WTF? Are they just going to keep hiring all the old TV superhero show has-beens? Dean Cain is so fat! Couldn't he have gone to a gym for a few months before filming?

by Anonymousreply 263March 7, 2017 4:35 AM

And whatever happened to Ms. President, played by Lynda Carter, and that shot of her showing red alien eyes? Talk about a major plot point abandoned.

by Anonymousreply 264March 7, 2017 4:36 AM

R263 Teri Hatcher is coming? To this god forsaken CW show? Ain't she rich enough now to not have to stoop this low?

by Anonymousreply 265March 7, 2017 4:38 AM

Yes, it's a last-minute cliffhanger in the latest episode. She and Sorbo are wearing black hoodies on an alien ship hiding behind the moon. They're wearing black so of course they're evil.

by Anonymousreply 266March 7, 2017 4:40 AM

Based off the previews for next episode, looks like Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo might be playing Mon-El parents. Not 100% sure though.

by Anonymousreply 267March 7, 2017 4:55 AM

R264 When Lynda Carter was filming it seemed certain we'd have a woman president.

by Anonymousreply 268March 7, 2017 5:04 AM

Terri Hatcher also did Smallville

by Anonymousreply 269March 7, 2017 8:44 PM

And instead, R268, we got a fat Russian whore. :-(

by Anonymousreply 270March 7, 2017 9:30 PM

r268, it's a fictional universe. She can still be POTUS as is a female African American POTUS in Sleepy Hollow's latest season.

by Anonymousreply 271March 8, 2017 12:31 PM

[Quote] Terri Hatcher also did Smallville

Who did she play??

by Anonymousreply 272March 8, 2017 12:34 PM

Looking at how Dean Cain has let himself go is depressing. Chris Wood should do the remainder of Mon-el's scenes this season in just a jockstrap to take my mind off of it.

by Anonymousreply 273March 8, 2017 12:54 PM

She played Lois Lane's mother R272

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274March 8, 2017 3:06 PM

Ummmm, no. That's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 275March 8, 2017 3:29 PM

Context R275?

by Anonymousreply 276March 8, 2017 3:42 PM

Terri Hatcher played Ella Lane the mother of Lois and Lucy Lane who died when Lois was six and was only seen and heard on the show in a few videotapes and audio recordings that she made before she died that Sam Lane finally gave to Lois in season 10. Before appearing in season 10 Ella Lane had only been briefly mentioned in season 4.

by Anonymousreply 277March 8, 2017 4:26 PM

They are really pushing this Winn being straight storyline.

by Anonymousreply 278April 25, 2017 3:58 AM

Tonight's episode was actually pretty good. We can only assume that Winn's alien gf has a penis.

by Anonymousreply 279April 25, 2017 4:00 AM

R278 Ain't it tiresome? The writing sucks ass. Even parading studly Chris Wood around couldn't keep me watching.

by Anonymousreply 280April 25, 2017 4:00 AM

Mon-El has all the super powers that Supergirl does, yet we rarely see him using them. Are they saving on the special effects budget by not showing him using his powers? Or are they scared he will upstage the title star?

Likewise, Mon-El's mom would have all the super-powers that he does, yet we haven't seen her use them.

by Anonymousreply 281April 25, 2017 9:50 AM

sure, we know Winn is straight! but the makeup on his main squeeze (i don't mean James) looked like it would fall off at any moment last night.

by Anonymousreply 282April 26, 2017 8:29 PM

Last night's episode was PAINFULLY bad. I mean, seriously aweful. Who writes this shit? So trite and clichéd. Literally, in the opening scene, after Kara's stupid entry and speech, every single line after that was utterly predictable (and does that top secret security organization have a huge hole in the roof? How does she just fly in and land like that?)

This show is extremely bad. It had such a promising start this season, but oh my god is it terrible now.

Chris Wood as Mon El is the only reason I'm still watching. And not just because he's the most beautiful guy on the show... but because he's the only one that seems to have a clue how to act, and manages to make the terribly written lines he's given "work". He's also the only character whose motivations don't seem TOTALLY contrived.

by Anonymousreply 283April 26, 2017 11:55 PM

This show has become so terrible I don't think I'm going to bother with it next season.

by Anonymousreply 284April 28, 2017 8:09 PM

If Chris Wood is still on, I'm watching. Plus, the plot is so far-fetched anyway I can't see any decline in quality.

Granted, I'm only up to ep 214 this season (where Dean Cain returns as a villain). Does it get worse after that? If I can endure Cain's heinous acting, how much worse can it get?

by Anonymousreply 285April 28, 2017 8:54 PM

Really, R285? The writing quality has sunk to new lows with each episode. Just STUPID shit (like how SuperGirl flys into the supposedly top secret secure building... apparently through an unguarded hole in the roof?), and the relationship crap is just so contrived and stupid and written like a 13 year old girl might imagine relationships. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 286April 28, 2017 10:47 PM

I think the show's mostly suffering from DL syndrome. "Oh, god, the writing and acting is so much worse this year."

by Anonymousreply 287April 28, 2017 10:52 PM

[quote]I think the show's mostly suffering from DL syndrome. "Oh, god, the writing and acting is so much worse this year."

You left part of it out:

"Oh, god, the writing and acting is so much worse this year. But I won't miss one single second of it. God forbid I don't have enough to be negative and condescending about on DL."

by Anonymousreply 288April 28, 2017 11:03 PM

R283 Haven't watched this show for a while... Have they put Mon El into costume yet? Because the only motivation for me to return to this show would be if Chris Wood is parading around in tights. I have been watching "Containment," Chris' old canceled show, and that show was not shy about showing the buff boy off.

by Anonymousreply 289April 29, 2017 1:02 AM

He's taken off his shirt a few times, but no real 'uniform' yet.

He's really the only watchable thing about the show left.

by Anonymousreply 290April 29, 2017 2:36 PM

I like Jordan playing the comic relief nerd sidekick. i thought the scene of his alien girlfriend going all psycho on him in the bar was hilarious. I guess after the musical crossover episode I see him in a different light.

by Anonymousreply 291April 29, 2017 3:03 PM

That scene was ridiculous, and even more ridiculous was him getting back together with that psycho after that behavior.

Of course, the fact that his character should be gay and this entire romantic story line is forced and stupid doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 292April 29, 2017 3:09 PM

Teri Hatcher's best role in years!

by Anonymousreply 293May 11, 2017 5:59 AM

R293 Also, her only role in years!

by Anonymousreply 294May 11, 2017 6:18 AM

They should try and get Erica Durance and Kristen Kreuk on the show.

by Anonymousreply 295May 11, 2017 7:01 AM

What's Tom Welling doing nowadays?

by Anonymousreply 296May 12, 2017 2:01 AM

R296 he's supposedly working on a pilot for a new tv show.

by Anonymousreply 297May 12, 2017 2:15 AM

Excellent episode last night, maybe the best of the season with Lynda Carter and Calista Flockhart returning.

by Anonymousreply 298May 17, 2017 3:57 AM

I missed it, was Superman in it?

by Anonymousreply 299May 17, 2017 5:07 AM

Superman showed up during the last minute of the episode.

by Anonymousreply 300May 17, 2017 5:08 AM

Yeah, I love the latest episode. The scene with Teri Hatcher, Lynda Carter, and Calista Flockhardt was pretty hilarious with Calista's "Should we really act like insecure men?" speech.

by Anonymousreply 301May 17, 2017 5:26 AM

Agreed best episode of season no one mentioned the return of Lillian!

by Anonymousreply 302May 21, 2017 8:17 AM

Amusing, but yes, it's a kid's show.

BTW, Jeremy Jordan is sometimes quite funny on Twitter.

Did anyone notice the recent episode was titled "Resist"?

Another not-so-subtle political statement.

by Anonymousreply 303May 21, 2017 8:23 AM

R302 Yes and I love Brenda Strong.

by Anonymousreply 304May 21, 2017 8:26 AM

Over 300 posts on Supergirl?

Um.. okay.

by Anonymousreply 305May 21, 2017 8:26 AM

R305, your empirical opinions are most needed in the culturally superior 'Real Housecunts' threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306May 21, 2017 8:41 AM

Sorry, darling, I wouldn't be caught dead watching that dreck.

It's interesting, I never made any comment about whether the Supergirl show was good or bad or worth watching. That came from you. I was simply surprised that a show about Supergirl had 300 posts on the DL. Maybe it has some attractive men.

by Anonymousreply 307May 21, 2017 8:55 AM

[quote]Maybe it has some attractive men.

It has Chris Wood, but they're not giving him anything to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308May 21, 2017 11:09 AM

R308 Give him a spin off and some tights. I'm there.

by Anonymousreply 309May 22, 2017 1:30 AM

he gets to moon over supergirl and... i guess that's it.

by Anonymousreply 310May 22, 2017 2:07 AM

Thank you, R307. I was just being pointlessly bitchy.

by Anonymousreply 311May 22, 2017 2:08 AM

R310 His mooning is wasted on Supergirl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 312May 22, 2017 2:19 AM

I am watching his canceled series Containment for Chris Wood. That show knew what he was there for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 313May 22, 2017 2:35 AM

Is he constantly naked in that show R313

by Anonymousreply 314May 22, 2017 2:36 AM

R314 LOL Sadly, no. The show does have a plot. He's more often in uniform, tight t-shirts or tank tops. Only sometimes shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 315May 22, 2017 2:50 AM

Yes Chris Wood

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316May 22, 2017 4:56 AM

Chris Wood and his perfect ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 22, 2017 4:59 AM

Chris Wood is the only decent actor on the show, and the only person he should be romantically linked to is Winn... the two had great chemistry. Winn is boring as a "straight" character.

by Anonymousreply 318May 22, 2017 5:40 AM

R318 the gay quotation has been filled with the lesbians

by Anonymousreply 319May 22, 2017 5:47 AM

I think you mean quota R319

by Anonymousreply 320May 22, 2017 6:07 AM

R319 unfortunately speaks the truth.

Daxamites are naturally bisexual, per Mon-El, so a Winn/Mike hookup wouldn't have been odd. Especially as Winn, and the actor playing him, flame brighter than the explosion of Krypton. Not to mention that the guys have shown some chemistry in their playing of the characters.

I still won't complain about his not coming out because he did help his cousin escape from a "gay-reparative" therapy camp, which he's discussed publicly.

by Anonymousreply 321May 22, 2017 6:07 AM

[Quote] Maybe it has some attractive men.

It does thanks to Mechad Brooks and this hottie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 22, 2017 12:26 PM

so mon-el is gone? did enjoy superman's uniform and the bulge it showed. looked like he was in a super sweatpants material. VPL indeed

by Anonymousreply 323May 23, 2017 2:19 AM

[quote]so mon-el is gone?

Mon-El shall return. They hyped up his romance with Supergirl, so no way the show won't milk it next season.

by Anonymousreply 324May 23, 2017 2:31 AM

It'll be difficult to work a way to get him back to Earth based on this episode, but they'll probably find some way.

by Anonymousreply 325May 23, 2017 3:49 AM

They way Winn went starry-eyed at the sight of Superman in the finale is further proof the boy is gay gay gay.

by Anonymousreply 326May 23, 2017 5:43 AM

I'm going to miss Rhea. What a bitch! Is Calista coming back? The show is so much better with her.

by Anonymousreply 327May 23, 2017 5:48 AM

R327 She'll most likely remain reoccurring, depending on when Calista wants to travel to Canada to film.

by Anonymousreply 328May 23, 2017 5:49 AM

I must've missed an episode somewhere. What happened to Sorbo? I saw him appear or whatever with Hatcher, but never saw him again. On the recap tonight it looked like he was lying dead on the floor, but I don't remember ever seeing that.

by Anonymousreply 329May 23, 2017 6:26 AM

Hatcher killed him.

by Anonymousreply 330May 23, 2017 6:27 AM

Happened in episode 17

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331May 23, 2017 6:29 AM

No one else caught Calista's Sally Field Programme joke?

Looks like Doomsday will be showing up next season.

by Anonymousreply 332May 23, 2017 9:06 AM

[quote]They way Winn went starry-eyed at the sight of Superman in the finale is further proof the boy is gay gay gay.

Winn mouthing "I love you" (to Superman) was a nice touch.

Why didn't the Queen (Teri Hatcher) just transport herself into the ship like her minions and instead begged her son to save her???? Her demise felt rather anti climatic.

[quote]No one else caught Calista's Sally Field Programme joke?

Very meta (I rejected Rob Lowe's marriage proposal, twice!). Like the one in the previous season about rebuffing Harrison Ford since he's married.

by Anonymousreply 333May 23, 2017 11:16 AM

[Quote] Winn mouthing "I love you" (to Superman) was a nice touch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334May 23, 2017 2:22 PM

maybe Winn is tryhing to make the writers make his character gay, or in his case, gayer

by Anonymousreply 335May 23, 2017 2:59 PM

R335 He can try but i don't think the writers will go there.

by Anonymousreply 336May 23, 2017 3:39 PM

They ought to make Winn gay. That alien chick is too butch for him.

by Anonymousreply 337May 23, 2017 5:30 PM

Maybe the alien "girlfriend" is actually a male alien who happens to look female.

by Anonymousreply 338May 24, 2017 2:05 AM

Winn, the character, has been so GAY from the first frame of the first show of the first season, it's ridiculous to ignore it.

The actor flames to high heaven, but he is apparently straight and married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 339May 24, 2017 2:27 AM

It's funny because Jeremy jokes that his mom thought he was going to be gay. You can watch the clip on this page

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 340May 24, 2017 2:33 AM

If Winn comes out as bi or gay, and has an extended relationship with a man, I may be back. I WILL be back if it's with Mon-El.

Other than that, I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 341May 24, 2017 2:51 AM

They already have boring lesbian drama; they're not gonna do gay male outright, except for Superman mancrush. Sadz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342May 24, 2017 3:43 AM

I like both lesbian characters but their romance doesn't bring much to the show. Worse, it virtually assures there'll never be a major male gay character.

Winn coming out as gay or bi would give so many more plot possibilities. Not only his mooning over Superman, but Mon-El, too. Or he could realize he's still hot for Kara and now her boyfriend as well. So he could be crushing on both of them but simultaneously jealous them both for being together.

by Anonymousreply 343May 24, 2017 4:19 AM

Now I'm picturing a 3-way between Winn, Kara and Mon-El

by Anonymousreply 344May 24, 2017 4:24 AM

Talk about tearing someone a new asshole...

by Anonymousreply 345May 24, 2017 4:51 AM

The only way I can imagine Kara/Winn is Kara fucking Winn.

by Anonymousreply 346May 24, 2017 5:02 AM

The lesbian characters are so inoffensive and unthreatening, but then this is Supergirl where the only things that are edgy are the Aliens' costumes (which look like they come directly from a sales bin).

by Anonymousreply 347May 24, 2017 5:22 PM

I hope that Mon-El is thrown into the future and he returns with the Legion of Superheroes

by Anonymousreply 348May 25, 2017 3:45 AM

I hope Mon-El is thrown onto my bed naked.

by Anonymousreply 349May 25, 2017 3:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350May 25, 2017 4:39 AM

Wood is hot but his 'acting' is horrible. Not that Supergirl is much better, but he's worse.

I want to love this show, it certainly started out well. But it's just getting cheesier and cheesier. Monday's episode was horrible.

They might as well just film Wood rolling around naked for an hour. Because that's all people are watching for, at this point.

by Anonymousreply 351May 25, 2017 4:49 AM

R351, his acting is the best of anyone in the entire show. What the fuck are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 352May 25, 2017 5:19 AM

The writing for Mon-El was horrible. He was not even treated as a serious character after he woke up, but a douchey hunk who needs Supergirl's love to change him into a better man.

by Anonymousreply 353May 25, 2017 5:19 AM

Wood was great as sociopath witch villain in The Vampire Diaries.

by Anonymousreply 354May 25, 2017 5:27 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed Monday's season finale. Very nice tying together of many plot points throughout the season.

So glad Cat Grant is back. Show really needs her. Hope they can get Calista to do more shows next season.

And they actually gave Chris Wood something to do as Mon-El! Not only that, they actually showed him using his superpowers! At least we got to see him being heroic before they wrote him off.

by Anonymousreply 355May 26, 2017 6:10 AM

Well, looks like we'll have less lesbian storylines next season

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356May 29, 2017 5:32 AM

Well, R351 you know how to operate the remote.

R356 Good. Msybe Winn can explore his sexuality miw. God knows they've hinted around about it.

by Anonymousreply 357May 29, 2017 6:36 AM

Well, they had to make room in the storyline for Winn, the ladykiller!

by Anonymousreply 358May 29, 2017 6:46 AM

The ladies are safe from Winn. He only wants to bend over for Superman or Mon-El.

by Anonymousreply 359May 29, 2017 7:05 AM

Winn seems like he'd be a bossy bottom.

by Anonymousreply 360May 29, 2017 7:53 AM

R356 The Sanvers shippers are losing their shit over this.

by Anonymousreply 361May 29, 2017 12:16 PM

Odette Annable is going to to be playing Reign in season 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 2, 2017 4:04 PM

Erica Durance is replacing Laura Benanti who is leaving the show as Alura Zor-El

by Anonymousreply 363July 9, 2017 8:12 AM

I liked Erica on Smallville. Maybe they could get Rosenbaum and Kruek on the show at some stage.

by Anonymousreply 364July 9, 2017 1:29 PM

Kruek would be great if Supergirl fights someone made of wood.

by Anonymousreply 365July 9, 2017 2:01 PM

Lmao R365

by Anonymousreply 366July 9, 2017 2:03 PM

Supergirl will do well to bring back her super pets: Streaky the Super Cat and Comet the Super Horse.

by Anonymousreply 367July 10, 2017 1:16 AM

[quote]I liked Erica on Smallville

I thought she was pretty obnoxious when she appeared recurring as a college age students, slightly older than the regulars. She was much better as a reporter - they toned her down and was much more likable once she started treating people with a bit more respect instead of just being a stream of sarcastic comments and thinking she was better than the Smallville hicks. She also looked better when they stopped trying to make her look like a 19 or 20 year old college student. I ended up liking the character. She really did seem to care for Clark, but still had some spirit and was not just a love interest.

by Anonymousreply 368July 10, 2017 1:28 AM

[Quote] She really did seem to care for Clark, but still had some spirit and was not just a love interest.

Would've sucked if she didn't care for him lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369July 10, 2017 3:49 PM

Surprised to see Erica has worked steadily since Smallville ended. She's 39 as well. Always thought she was younger.

by Anonymousreply 370July 10, 2017 9:14 PM

Supergirl fans are pissed off with Jeremy Jordan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371July 26, 2017 5:22 PM

We're three episodes into Season 3. What do people think of the season so far?

by Anonymousreply 372October 24, 2017 10:16 AM

R372 I didn't even know the season started... Is Chris Wood in this season? I would watch it only if he's around.

by Anonymousreply 373October 24, 2017 10:22 AM

Chris Wood is still listed in the opening credits, but so far, he has only had a cameo appearance, via a dream Kara had, in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 374October 24, 2017 10:27 AM

R374 Thanks. Then I'll wait. He'll be back eventually from spoilers that I've read.

by Anonymousreply 375October 24, 2017 4:53 PM

So far this season has been incredibly mediocre. Three farily yawn worthy episodes. If it doesn't get better pretty quick, I likely will bail on this series.

Califsta Flockheart is gone this season. Cat Grant moved up to be the new president's Press Secretary and Lena Luthor bought Cat Corp.

Erica Durance is in now, replacing Laura Benanti as Kara's mother Allura.

As noted, Chris Wood is listed in the opening credits, but so far has only had a 30-second scene as part of a dream Kara had in the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 376October 25, 2017 3:45 AM

I’ll watch when Superman comes back for a visit.

by Anonymousreply 377October 25, 2017 3:53 AM

R376 No Wood No Good!

by Anonymousreply 378October 25, 2017 3:59 AM

They need to bring Mon-El back immediately. The hot factor on this show went way down.

by Anonymousreply 379October 25, 2017 4:02 AM

R379 Yes, and the show needs to put him in something to show off his ass!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380October 25, 2017 4:08 AM

Great, now we have to deal with depressed lesbian Alex.

by Anonymousreply 381November 7, 2017 3:58 AM

NO ONE wants to watch lesbian drama on a show about a comic book character.

by Anonymousreply 382November 7, 2017 4:26 AM

Okay, now Wes can date a nice guy (Mon El would be best... adding some nice drama with Kara)

by Anonymousreply 383November 7, 2017 4:31 AM

Wes?

by Anonymousreply 384November 7, 2017 4:35 AM

WINN

by Anonymousreply 385November 7, 2017 4:47 AM

[bold]Jeremy Jordan From “Supergirl” Claims He Almost Died Because Of Chipolte[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386November 12, 2017 5:41 AM

[quote] I want them in hot three way action

Maybe that thought is what started the trouble.

Warner Bros. Suspends 'Supergirl,' 'Flash' Showrunner in Wake of Sexual Harassment Claims

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387November 12, 2017 5:46 AM

Look Jeremy, unless you're coming out I don't want to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 388November 12, 2017 5:46 AM

Jeremy Sheremy, where's my Wood?!

by Anonymousreply 389November 12, 2017 6:47 AM

I will forever ship Winn and Mon-El.

Those two seriously need to fuck. Like bunnies.

by Anonymousreply 390November 16, 2017 6:53 AM

He's coming back in next episode r389

by Anonymousreply 391November 16, 2017 8:14 AM

R391 Thanks! Went searching for the promo. Not feeling the beard! Is it the real Mon-El though?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392November 16, 2017 9:01 AM

I like the latest episodes with the Kara and her sisters as teens. Great murder mystery and the young actors were pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 393November 16, 2017 9:12 AM

The week after the Mon-El returns episode is the big DC crossover and IMDb says he's in it, so I will assume this Mon-El is the real thing. Of course there could still be a later plot twist.

by Anonymousreply 394November 16, 2017 9:45 AM

R392 supposedly 5-10 years time has passed for him and he's older and has changed some upon him coming back. Members of the Legion of Superheroes are supposed to be coming on this season.

by Anonymousreply 395November 16, 2017 9:57 AM

R395 I see. That's borrowing form DC comic lore, Mon-El was freed from the Phantom Zone in the 30th century to join the Legion.

by Anonymousreply 396November 16, 2017 2:34 PM

Supergirl and her sister are OK. Lena Luther and the new woman with the kid are not.

by Anonymousreply 397November 16, 2017 9:18 PM

Teen girls ep. was nice, but I eagerly wait for Jeremy Jordan's cute moments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398November 17, 2017 12:43 AM

R398 Isn't he getting too old to be cute?

by Anonymousreply 399November 17, 2017 12:47 AM

Never too old for me, just too straight! Wish he was gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400November 17, 2017 12:49 AM

R400 He looks like a youthful 40 year old...

by Anonymousreply 401November 17, 2017 12:53 AM

He also looks like his big sexy mouth could easily accommodate two erect cocks.

Too bad he's straight.

by Anonymousreply 402November 17, 2017 1:02 AM

Straight? What a total waste.

by Anonymousreply 403November 17, 2017 2:32 AM

How can they do this to Mon-EL?! That's his constume? It's like they drained all the fun and light out of the character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404January 8, 2018 8:05 PM

Jeremy Jordan is "too straight"??!! He may, in fact, like pussy IRL but he can't even convincingly play a het character so I wouldn't describe him as "too straight."

by Anonymousreply 405January 8, 2018 8:17 PM

Jeremy was in a repeat of SVU on Sunday with Patti Lupone. There was also a character based on James Franco, called "Scott Russo." Subtle.

It was the gayest thing I've seen in years.

by Anonymousreply 406January 9, 2018 7:47 AM

Last night's episode introduced Brainian 5 and (in Supergirl's memory) Streaky. I hope they return.

by Anonymousreply 407January 16, 2018 7:45 PM

Braniac 5 had a huge crush on Supergirl. Wonder if the show will explore that?

They are taking liberties with Legion of Super Heroes history. Mon-El and Saturn Girl were never married. Saturn Girl was always paired with Lightening Lad, while Mon-El was paired with Shadow Lass.

Similarly, Streaky is an orange cat, not a black one. And of course, Streaky developed super-powers too.

by Anonymousreply 408January 16, 2018 11:11 PM

They made Brainiac 5 look so old and gross with the bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 409January 16, 2018 11:17 PM

Really was a bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 410January 16, 2018 11:35 PM

Chris Wood is really hot as Mon-El, although not as hot as Peter Gadiot as Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 411January 16, 2018 11:40 PM

Mon-El has the same powers as Supergirl, but they rarely show him using any of those powers. What's the deal with that?

by Anonymousreply 412January 16, 2018 11:48 PM

Mon-El doesn't have the exact same powers as Supergirl

Here's a page that lists his powers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413January 17, 2018 2:37 AM

^Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert!

by Anonymousreply 414January 17, 2018 2:40 AM

R404 I think he will get costume upgrade later on this season

by Anonymousreply 415January 17, 2018 2:55 AM

R415 Please... domething better than the dreary dark leathery thing they put on him. As if the new Mon-El isn't dull enough already.

by Anonymousreply 416January 17, 2018 3:10 AM

Mon-El will be wearing his more traditional costume later in the season, though without the turtleneck collar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417January 17, 2018 3:16 AM

R417 Great, now get rid of the beard...

by Anonymousreply 418January 17, 2018 3:17 AM

I was kind of freaked out by Brainiac 5's appearance on the show--he always looks so handsome in the comics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 419January 17, 2018 3:45 AM

Especially since the actor is good looking

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420January 17, 2018 3:51 AM

Lucky Melissa Benoist. Is she still getting Chris Wood's wood?

by Anonymousreply 421January 17, 2018 3:59 AM

You better believe it R421

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422January 17, 2018 4:01 AM

I don't like that Mon-El is with Saturn Girl and did they give Saturn Girl telekinesis instead of telepathy?

by Anonymousreply 423January 20, 2018 12:46 AM

They may be giving her both r423 although in comics she only had telepathy. I guess the telekinesis was so she could help Mon-El and Brainiac 5 fight Reign. In the comics Saturn girl is usually paired with Lightning Lad not Mon-El. The last time Lightning Lad appeared on tv was on Smallville.

by Anonymousreply 424January 20, 2018 2:53 AM

Saturn Gril is a slut AND her pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 425January 20, 2018 2:57 AM

"Mon-El" sounds like a subliminal reference to lady parts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426January 20, 2018 3:03 AM

Nice timing with the latest episode. Women only mission. Nice guest appearance by Sarah Douglas (bummer it was only for one scene).

by Anonymousreply 427January 23, 2018 11:46 AM

[Quote] Lucky Melissa Benoist. Is she still getting Chris Wood's wood?

There seems to be a few that wish she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 428January 23, 2018 12:56 PM

Test

by Anonymousreply 429January 23, 2018 11:33 PM

Test

by Anonymousreply 430January 23, 2018 11:35 PM

Test

by Anonymousreply 431January 23, 2018 11:37 PM

Test

by Anonymousreply 432January 23, 2018 11:38 PM

Was really hoping Winn would come out on his deathbed. Oh well...

by Anonymousreply 433May 1, 2018 3:37 AM

Seriously. Winn needs to come out.

And then have a hot affair with Mon El.

by Anonymousreply 434May 1, 2018 3:49 AM

Ugh, kept nodding off during the episode so I don't know what the hell happened and how those hell bitches ended up getting together.

If one kicked all their asses, wtf is going to happen when all three get together?

I don't need this kind of stress, honestly.

by Anonymousreply 435May 1, 2018 4:21 AM

Ok, I ship Winn and Brainy. That hug scene was cute.

by Anonymousreply 436May 15, 2018 3:06 AM

Nah. Mon-El and Winn need to seriously make out and then fuck.

by Anonymousreply 437May 15, 2018 3:23 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438May 27, 2018 5:35 PM

How about giving us a good gay male character first?

by Anonymousreply 439May 27, 2018 5:37 PM

R439 Absolutely.

by Anonymousreply 440May 27, 2018 6:24 PM

Legends of Tomorroww, Arrow, and the Flash wrapped up their seasons already. How many episodes of Supergirl are left? IMO this season dragged a little for me.

by Anonymousreply 441May 27, 2018 6:30 PM

The season finale is next Monday, I think. The season was delayed because Melissa Benoist was too busy fucking to film.

by Anonymousreply 442May 27, 2018 6:32 PM

Since they took a break for Black Lightning, they have 4 episodes left this season.

by Anonymousreply 443May 27, 2018 6:32 PM

This season has been awful. I've about five episodes behind right now and am so tempted to delete them all and quit the show. It's truly been a chore to stay with the show this season.

Don't care at all about the Worldkiller storyline that they keep shoving down our throats. And the Lena Luthor character is dull as can be. Keep it focused on the core characters and I'm happy.

I sincerely hope next season gets back on track, otherwise I'll have to drop it. I am a longtime Sueprgirl fan, but won't tolerate another season as bad as this one.

by Anonymousreply 444May 27, 2018 10:42 PM

Yeah, this season has been sort of bland. It doesn't help matters that the show went away for about 6 weeks, which only made the season seem even longer than it is.

The sullen girl is horrible and that Reign is ridiculous. How the fuck can she be stronger than freaking Supergirl? And those two other women, what the fuck was that about? They were just as powerful then they weren't!

by Anonymousreply 445May 27, 2018 11:05 PM

R445 Almost for the same reason why Doomsday is just as powerful as Superman. Reign was genetically engineered by Kryptonian scientists who didn't want the public to know what they were doing.

by Anonymousreply 446May 28, 2018 6:33 PM

But to what point and purpose, young Missy??

by Anonymousreply 447May 28, 2018 7:18 PM

Because Supergirl, or any superhero, needs villains who are difficult to beat. And writers and comic book artists need to be creative about how powerful heroes and villains can be in order to come up with a compelling storyline. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 448May 28, 2018 7:31 PM

I guess.

Can't wait for the next season crossover!! They're going to Gotham City!😳😳😳

We get to see Batgirl đŸ˜±đŸ˜±đŸ˜±đŸ˜±

by Anonymousreply 449May 28, 2018 7:47 PM

Mon-El needs to have his costume burned off.

by Anonymousreply 450May 28, 2018 7:48 PM

I like the actress who plays Reign. They are doing Batwoman next season, she would have been good in that role.

by Anonymousreply 451May 28, 2018 7:51 PM

Whatever happened to Lynda as President? Got tix to see MB in the Carole King Musicalle.

by Anonymousreply 452May 28, 2018 8:09 PM

This season HAS sucked beyond belief.

Count me out on the trans character.

by Anonymousreply 453May 28, 2018 8:31 PM

I won't be happy until Winn and Mon El fuck. Or at least make out.

by Anonymousreply 454May 29, 2018 2:22 AM

And then James can join in.

by Anonymousreply 455May 29, 2018 2:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456May 29, 2018 1:58 PM

[Quote] I won't be happy until Winn and Mon El fuck. Or at least make out.

Prepare to be sad for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 457May 29, 2018 4:15 PM

Some are saying this was the worst episode of the series (C- from the AV Club) and that Melissa's relationship with Chris is starting to adversely affect the show. I said this would happen after the very episode in which he was introduced - that she would leave her husband, start fucking Chris, and the show would slowly turn to shit. Haven't watched it since but I love how predictable its downward spiral has been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458June 6, 2018 12:19 AM

I was barely paying attention to it. Just the end where that's bitch Reign is being revived. What's up with that Indian bitch? WTF does she want?? Earth??

Erika Durance has over done the plastic. Shame. That dress she keeps wearing is ridic as well.

Why the fuck did Kara leave Earth anyway???

by Anonymousreply 459June 6, 2018 2:27 AM

Is she not going to tell Kal-El that people from Krypton are still alive?

by Anonymousreply 460June 6, 2018 2:28 AM

The season should have ended after the first few minutes when Reign was defeated. Done and done. A little wrap-up and over.

Everything that came after... was annoying and stupid.

Mon-El isn't the problem though.

by Anonymousreply 461June 6, 2018 2:29 AM

So, Supe and boyfriend are stuck on floating Kryptoville while evil councilwoman wreaks terror on earth?

Yawnzers.

by Anonymousreply 462June 6, 2018 5:23 AM

[Quote] and that Melissa's relationship with Chris is starting to adversely affect the show.

Even if they broke up and she wanted him to leave, would it really be up to her?

[Quote] I said this would happen after the very episode in which he was introduced - that she would leave her husband, start fucking Chris, and the show would slowly turn to shit.

I guess she should've stuck with Mechad.

[Quote] Erika Durance has over done the plastic. Shame.

I was disappointed too when i first saw her.

[Quote] Is she not going to tell Kal-El that people from Krypton are still alive?

I wonder if he'd ever coming back. Maybe they're not allowed to use him again? If they do, i hope Lois makes an appearance at some point.

by Anonymousreply 463June 6, 2018 3:14 PM

The cutie Wynn is leaving the show!!

Why?? Some speculated that he might be going back to Broadway.

That Brainiac blue thing is going to replace him, I guess. He's now a season regular. I did like him, so it'll do.

by Anonymousreply 464June 16, 2018 5:16 AM

Jesse Rath's cute as long as he keeps the Brainiac makeup off

by Anonymousreply 465June 16, 2018 5:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466June 16, 2018 5:43 AM

Sucks but seems like the writers don't know what to do with Winn anymore so I understand why Jeremy would want out. (Also the show is sinking fast so that's another reason.)

Shoulda made him gay like Jeremy wanted. (He clearly was for Superman.)

by Anonymousreply 467June 16, 2018 9:26 AM

Show was great the first season, good the second season, but horrible the third season. Doesn't sound like they're on the road to improving in the fourth season.

by Anonymousreply 468June 16, 2018 11:48 AM

All the Berlanti shows fall apart relatively quickly. Arrow started out great and then with Felicity, the wheels fell off.

Flash has gotten pretty bad now.

I didn't even bother with this last season of Legends.

Skipped Black Lightning.

Face it, these shows blow.

by Anonymousreply 469June 16, 2018 1:32 PM

[Quote] Shoulda made him gay like Jeremy wanted. (He clearly was for Superman.)

Lol

by Anonymousreply 470June 16, 2018 3:18 PM

My interest in the show just dropped through the floor.

by Anonymousreply 471June 16, 2018 3:24 PM

I like the WB superhero shows (I also like Gotham which is on a different station,), but this season is a terrible slog for me somehow. That scene of Sam saving her daughter from that metal crane part seems like it happened eons ago. However I do like some stuff like The Martian dealing with his dad's Martian version of Alzheimers and Alex being so incredibly good and yet kicking ass when necessary.

by Anonymousreply 472June 16, 2018 3:29 PM

Sorry, I meant CW superhero shows.

by Anonymousreply 473June 16, 2018 3:29 PM

R469 Legends was actually really good last season. It's the one show that doesn't really take itself seriously.

by Anonymousreply 474June 16, 2018 5:32 PM

I have this nagging suspicion that Berlanti makes some random decision which CW superhero show (Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Supergirl) will be the serious one, the preachy and empowering one, the funny one, and the dark and gloomy one, or something like that in the upcoming season and the writers have to write the stories around that overall mood of the season.

by Anonymousreply 475June 16, 2018 5:41 PM

R475 Wouldn't surprise me. I wonder how they'll go with introducing Batwoman.

by Anonymousreply 476June 16, 2018 5:46 PM

Batwoman and Alex will get into a relationship and have many storylines.

But gay males will still be left out.

by Anonymousreply 477June 16, 2018 5:47 PM

[Quote] Batwoman and Alex will get into a relationship and have many storylines.

Don't you mean Maggie? Though it would be cool if she showed up on Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 478June 16, 2018 5:53 PM

Batwoman's coming to the Arrowverse in the next crossover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479June 16, 2018 6:19 PM

I think I'm just over these shows.

They've been terrible for long enough for me to drop them. And no Winn? Fuck SuperGirl then.

by Anonymousreply 480June 16, 2018 7:10 PM

I do love the crossovers. Highlight of the seasons.

by Anonymousreply 481June 16, 2018 7:41 PM

[Quote] They've been terrible for long enough for me to drop them. And no Winn? Fuck SuperGirl then.

He'll still be around.

by Anonymousreply 482June 17, 2018 3:03 PM

As bad as this season of SuperGirl has been, I promised myself I'd stick with the show to the season's end. It's been a chore at times (a LOT of the time) but we're almost at the end. This Reign/WorldKiller storyline sure sucked the life out of the show.

As for season 4, I'll give the show 2-3 episodes to prove they are back on track and telling interesting stories. If not, I'll drop it.

by Anonymousreply 483June 18, 2018 1:10 AM

Wood is out. Guess Melissa got bored of his wood.

Can the guy standing to his right please give me a call, thank you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 19, 2018 10:19 AM

*standing to [italic]the[/italic] right - [italic]my[/italic] right, dear god!

by Anonymousreply 485June 19, 2018 10:20 AM

I believe Mon-El was going to eventually back with the Legion.

by Anonymousreply 486June 19, 2018 12:52 PM

Seriously... with no Winn and no Mon-El, there is ZERO reason for me to tune in again.

And that finale was all kinds of terrible. What a fucking mess. Forced, maudlin, overwrought, sloppy, stupid, ugh.

I just so didn't care about any of it. I'm out. I'm done. Not watching anymore.

by Anonymousreply 487June 19, 2018 2:06 PM

[Quote] Wood is out. Guess Melissa got bored of his wood.

Already?

by Anonymousreply 488June 19, 2018 4:01 PM

r488 How do you mean? It's been ages, in Benoist's pussy time.

by Anonymousreply 489June 19, 2018 5:11 PM

R489 There aren't too many options left unless they're bringing in more male characters next season.

by Anonymousreply 490June 19, 2018 5:21 PM

As a first time poster to this thread, I thought I was the only DLer who has been hating this season of the show.

I NEVER want to hear the words Reign, Ruby, Worldkiller, DEO or Martian Manhunter (a.k.a. Superman's stand in) on an episode (I think MM should have his own show & just adding him to Supergirl's universe was a mistake- too similar powers which makes Kara seem less valuable).

Is it just me or do others prefer earlier super hero shows like Wonder Woman and Lois & Clark where the title hero actually had to stop the villains primarily by themselves without a team (or 2 teams with the DEO) backing them up (& everyone didn't know their id including foes).

Brainiac 5 could've been played by an African American actor with chiseled features like Chad from Passions who could better pull off the wordy character. Instead we get an ugly guy with a granny wig who looks more like a blue Smurf than a green teen. Whenever I see him onscreen, I flashback to Mrs. Voorhees's severed head on a plate in those Friday the 13th films. Is that the look they were going for?

Also if one more person tells FakeBarry on The Flash to "Run Barry Run' , I just might lose it. Talk about tired dialogue & a lack of imagination. These shows are all suffering from it. I wish someone would give each DC show to a new person & kick out Berlanti for good.

by Anonymousreply 491June 19, 2018 5:38 PM

Is it Brainiac 5 or Mrs. Voorhees?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 492June 19, 2018 5:42 PM

Lmao R492.

by Anonymousreply 493June 19, 2018 5:47 PM

Is this Brainiac 5 or Mrs. Voorhees going undercover in a time travel adventure?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494June 19, 2018 5:59 PM

I wonder what the response will be to the trans character next season.

by Anonymousreply 495June 19, 2018 6:05 PM

r491 Thanks for your comments. I agree with much of what you said.

Reign, the Worldkiller certainly killed this season of Supergirl. Only episodes I came anywhere close to enjoying were the ones that did NOT feature her.

Why they included Martian Manhunter in this series has always been a headscratcher since the characters have no connection in the comic books. But I didn't object to MM being there as a mentor to Kara and David Harewood gives the show a lot of gravitas (the same function that Jesse L. Martin does on Flash).

I loved season 1. Nice balance between Supergirl saving the National City and Kara at work. Calista Flockhart really gave the show class and humor. Loosing Calista was a major loss. The show also lost that balance between the herioics and the work world that made the first season so fun. They should have arranged the schedule so Calista could fly to Vancouver for a week each month and film scenes for three or four episodes.

With Wynn gone and Mon-El gone and Martian Manhunter moving to the back burner, I'm not feeling optimistic about season 4. Is Allura sticking around? Maybe she can keep the show grounded.

by Anonymousreply 496June 19, 2018 7:52 PM

No Mon-El and minimal Wynn means I won't tune in next year.

Though in my imagination, Mon-El and Wynn will fall in love while working together in the future and make mad passionate love when they're not working to save the future.

by Anonymousreply 497June 20, 2018 1:34 AM

Did Jeremy Jordan leave on his own or was he fired for the Chipotle incident where he claimed he got sick from fast food and so not from a bad batch of drugs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 498June 20, 2018 12:16 PM

They let go Chris Wood, Jeremy Jordan, and David Harewood (and it's not to start a Supergirl Spin off about the Legion)? That is one big TV show suicide

by Anonymousreply 499June 20, 2018 12:19 PM

How did the guy who plays Jimmy Olsen escape the ax? I understand getting rid of Chris Wood because the fans seemed to hate that character. I'm not sure why they hate him, but they do.

by Anonymousreply 500June 20, 2018 12:25 PM

R500 Don't think it would look good to get rid of Jimmy. And they hate CW because they feel his character took alot of unnecessary focus off of Kara/SG and that he was a douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 501June 20, 2018 4:06 PM

r500 Wood's awful character got excessive screentime because Melissa started fucking him. Of course no fan in the world is going to stand for that shit. It's like something from the 90s soap operas where the showrunners gave their fuck pets more airtime and fucked over the fan favourites in the process.

by Anonymousreply 502June 20, 2018 5:55 PM

[Quote] Wood's awful character got excessive screentime because Melissa started fucking him.

I think you're giving Melissa too much power. I'm sure it helps that they are dating but Chris seems to be a CW staple at this point. And i recall an interview with AK saying that they brought him in because they couldn't use Superman.

by Anonymousreply 503June 20, 2018 6:01 PM

Wait, Chris Wood, Jeremy Jordan, and David Harewood all were let go? They didn't leave voluntarily?

Also, not sure why Mechad Brooks is still around. The writers really don't know how to write him a good storyline. They've paired him with Lena Luthor, but it was such a weird and forced storyline. As a couple on screen, the actors don't seem to even have that much chemistry either. I would've been more invested in the character get together if there was some kind of build-up.

by Anonymousreply 504June 20, 2018 6:10 PM

Jeremy Jordan and David Harewood would be under contract. Likely for five years. Possibly seven. If they're leaving after three years, it because they were let go. It's conceivable they asked to be let out of their contracts, but not very likely.

As for Chris Wood, my understanding is that he only signed two one-year contracts. Signed for season two and was then invited back for season three and signed another one-year contract. They're not inviting him back for season four.

by Anonymousreply 505June 21, 2018 2:34 AM

Jeremy Jordan's supposed to be recurring next season.

by Anonymousreply 506June 21, 2018 2:37 AM

Whoa, Martian Manhunter is leaving also???!

I thought he was just going to find himself and in about three months of that he'd be back!!!

WTF??? Now they've gone too far. 😡😡😡

I never really cared for Mon El so don't really care about him. I did like Winn and it sucks that he's leaving.

by Anonymousreply 507June 21, 2018 3:32 AM

r506 Jeremy will likely be "recurring" in the way Calista was recurring in season 2. If you recall, she bookended the season with two episodes at the beginning and two episodes at the end.

So, Jeremy will probably be in 1-2 episodes at the beginning of the season and 1-2 at the end of the season. Maybe he'll also be in the annual crossover episodes. Don't hold your breath expecting him to be in 10 or 12 episodes.

by Anonymousreply 508June 21, 2018 3:33 AM

Hope we get another cameo from Calista next season.

by Anonymousreply 509June 21, 2018 5:22 PM

Jordan said in an interview somewhere that he was tired of flying back and forth to Canada to film the show, and wanted to do NYC work, plus make a baby with his wife.

by Anonymousreply 510June 21, 2018 5:29 PM

That finale was fucking terrible.

by Anonymousreply 511June 21, 2018 11:23 PM

Hugs all around! Buh-bye.

by Anonymousreply 512June 21, 2018 11:30 PM

[quote]That finale was fucking terrible.

The entire season was fucking terrible.

by Anonymousreply 513June 21, 2018 11:45 PM

I don't think the show will redeem itself. With Ali Adler gone, then the whole Andrew Kreisberg fiasco, and now Jessica Queller's misdirection, the show has lost its way.

by Anonymousreply 514June 22, 2018 2:36 AM

[bold]Smallville alum Sam Witwer joins Supergirl season 4 as Agent Liberty[/bold]

[quote]Sam Witwer, who starred on Smallville season 8 as Doomsday, has joined the CW superhero drama’s upcoming fourth season in the series regular role of DC Comics character Agent Liberty.

[quote]In the show’s interpretation on the character, Agent Liberty is the ruthless and terrifying founder and figurehead of Children of Liberty, a hate group that supports a human-first world order. According to a description from the show’s producers, he’s “a brilliant orator in the guise of a family man” and the scariest thing about him is how easily he can convince people that he’s right. Given that Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO tend to be pro-alien integration, it’s definitely fair to assume they won’t get along with Agent Liberty and his Children of Liberty.

Uh-oh. Melissa's pussy twitching as I type.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515July 18, 2018 1:10 AM

Is he still as taut, though? It's been a minute since he's been on our screens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516July 18, 2018 1:13 AM

Well HE'S hot.

Stupid SuperGirl getting to make out and fuck all these hot guys. Goddammit.

by Anonymousreply 517July 18, 2018 2:04 AM

Probably, R515, I mean if Chris Wood isn't around, she seems to hit up her male co-stars. I guess Supergirl isn't doing any press at Comic-con, so won't really get too much info on the new season.

by Anonymousreply 518July 18, 2018 2:17 AM

We need some gay men on this show so Melissa won't lure them in with her vagina.

by Anonymousreply 519July 18, 2018 3:30 AM

He was the vampire in that show "Being Human"

by Anonymousreply 520July 18, 2018 3:35 AM

Yes, the U.S. version; fun show.

by Anonymousreply 521July 18, 2018 4:01 AM

[bold]Nicole Maines Cast as First Transgender Superhero on ‘Supergirl’[/bold]

[quote]Three new cast members are joining the DC superhero drama when it returns for its fourth season Sunday, Oct. 14 at 8 p.m. on the CW, including transgender activist Nicole Maines, who will be portraying Nia Nal aka Dreamer, television’s first transgender superhero. Joining Maines are new series regular April Parker Jones, who will play Colonel Haley, and David Ajala, who will recur as Manchester Black.

[quote]Nia is being described as a “soulful” transgender woman with a “fierce drive to protect others.” The season she will follow in Kara’s (Melissa Benoist) season 1 footsteps in coming into her own and fulfilling her destiny as a superhero. Colonel Haley is a “hardline career military woman [who] lives and dies by the orders of her commanding officers” and will act in the country’s best interest, even when it doesn’t match her own. Based on the DC character, Manchester Black has a dark past but “easily deflects the brutality of his mission with charm and a sense of humor.”

Commence DL meltdown mode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522July 21, 2018 11:55 PM

Supergirl can't even deal with a lesbian story properly, so I'm sure the trans one will be just as garbled. Typical of Supergirl writers and producers trying to discuss key issues badly.

I was at the panel, there wasn't a big smattering of applause when they made a hyped up introduction of Maines.

by Anonymousreply 523July 22, 2018 6:11 AM

I meant to say there wasn't a big applause, just kind of a smattering one.

by Anonymousreply 524July 22, 2018 6:12 AM

Why is one of the CW's biggest hits bleeding so far into the summer? Weird.

by Anonymousreply 525July 22, 2018 6:19 AM

Sam Wittwer had a brief stint on Once Upon A Time as one persona of the Jekyll and Hyde character (take a wild guess which one).

by Anonymousreply 526July 22, 2018 8:31 AM

[quote] Supergirl can't even deal with a lesbian story properly, so I'm sure the trans one will be just as garbled.

I thought the story was handled pretty well. Both fell in love and then came to the sad realization that they want different things in life (one wants a baby the other doesn't) and it caused such a big problem that they separated in probably the most mature way in scripted TV drama history.

by Anonymousreply 527July 22, 2018 8:34 AM

Season 4 trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528July 22, 2018 11:22 AM

I like David Harewood, but it was always distracting that there was someone as powerful as Supergirl usually hanging around doing nothing much. When he did transform, the makeup & CGI must have been time-consuming and/or expensive. The 'replacements' look generally dire: a gesture character, and yet another hard-assed female by-the-book officer (these are always tedious). Manchester Black isn't a DC character I know, though. Is Dreamer a reimagined version of the Forever Person Beautiful Dreamer?

by Anonymousreply 529July 22, 2018 11:37 AM

Manchester Black is a Superman villain r529.

by Anonymousreply 530July 22, 2018 11:53 AM

[Quote] Probably, [R515], I mean if Chris Wood isn't around, she seems to hit up her male co-stars.

Chris is the only one that's actually been confirmed.

[Quote] Manchester Black is a Superman villain

Of course he is. How many more plots of SM's do they plan on using?!

by Anonymousreply 531July 22, 2018 5:19 PM

To be fair, it's not like Supergirl has this great roster of villains.

by Anonymousreply 532July 22, 2018 5:28 PM

R527, I just think they used Alex as a token lesbian. I am not saying that some of the scenes were handled badly, I just think her lesbian storyline was kind of one note. Alex had a touching coming out scene and a pretty good character arc for half a season. Now, she just seems to have lost all nuance and just wants a baby (which lesbians always seem to want in TV) and her sexuality is used just so the showrunners can have sexy guest stars that she can hook up with.

I think the trans story will be similar. The showrunners want you to see how diverse and progressive they are without really committing to writing a good story.

by Anonymousreply 533July 22, 2018 5:44 PM

I'm still hanging on for Comet the Superhorse/Biron the hot centaur.

by Anonymousreply 534July 22, 2018 7:32 PM

Winn and Mon El need to become a couple goddammit.

by Anonymousreply 535July 22, 2018 8:11 PM

[bold]Nicole Maines on Being TV’s First Trans Superhero: ‘I’m Nervous Because I Want to Do It Right’[/bold]

[quote]“We can be whoever we want, we can do whatever we want, we can be superheroes, because in many ways we are,” adding, “We’ve had trans representation in television for a while but it hasn’t been the right representation.”

[quote]“I think that cis gender actors don’t take roles out of malice, it’s just a failure to realize the context of having cis gender people play trans gender characters,” she said. “We don’t see the same issue with sexuality, we see straight people play gay all the time. With trans folks we have a lot of people accusing us of just playing dress up for whatever reasons and that’s just not true. Having trans people play trans roles show that we are valid in our identities and we exist.”

Well, some of us [italic]do[/italic] make a fuss over straight people snatching all the awards-worthy gay roles. I guess we're just not loud enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536July 23, 2018 12:44 AM

[quote] I just think they used Alex as a token lesbian.

It's a CW show. You seem to expect too much from a character like Alex who isn't the lead of the show and she has to share screen time with others. Winn, Lena Luthor and Jim Olsen were glorified extras this season. Not much depth, or significant character development there either. (unless you count Jimmy Olsen planning to reveal to the public that he's Guardian)..

by Anonymousreply 537July 23, 2018 12:56 AM

That's what I mean, why even make her a lesbian then? It's a way to add diversity points without doing much. That's why I don't think the trans story will be that well done either. I know the CW network is like the bastard, red-headed step child of TV networks, but I guess if I was a writer for the show, I'd try to keep up on continuity or character development, however small the scenes are for various characters.

by Anonymousreply 538July 24, 2018 3:13 AM

What powers does a trans superhero have? Changing gay history?

by Anonymousreply 539July 24, 2018 3:15 AM

Wake me when they have a decent gay male character. I mean, they almost had one in Winn, but then they rewrote him to make him straight (completely unbelievably), and I was just over it.

They almost had one on Arrow, with Curtis. That's the closest. But of course they had to break him up, de-sex him, and then basically make him a whiney opponent of the star instead of a coworker. He started out so great, but this past season he was terrible.

Flash has the rarely seen police captain or chief or whatever. Nearly invisible, totally a token.

No gay male presence on Legends (though the whole Constantine being bi thing has at least been hinted at).

Nada on Black Lightning (but of course, big front and center lesbian, just like in Arrow/Legends/SuperGirl).

No respect for gay men. None.

by Anonymousreply 540July 24, 2018 6:27 AM

It's a shame Wentworth Miller left. They could've kept Citizen Cold and then at least had ONE decent gay character.

by Anonymousreply 541July 24, 2018 6:29 AM

Yeah, he and his partner from the other Earth were great in the "Crisis on Earth X" arc, but they were literally in like two episodes, and then Captain Cold lingered for another few episodes, and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 542July 24, 2018 6:39 AM

[Quote] Wake me when they have a decent gay male character. I mean, they almost had one in Winn, but then they rewrote him to make him straight (completely unbelievably), and I was just over it.

????

by Anonymousreply 543July 24, 2018 5:11 PM

Gary on Legends is obviously gay and interested in Constantine but a secondary character.

by Anonymousreply 544July 24, 2018 8:56 PM

[bold]Rhona Mitra To Play Mercy Graves On The CW Series, Robert Baker Also Cast[/bold]

[quote]A new villain is rising in National City. Rhona Mitra has been tapped for a recurring role on the CW’s series Supergirl as Mercy Graves, Lex Luthor’s longtime bodyguard. Also cast in a recurring role on the DC series is Robert Baker, who will play Mercy’s brother, Otis Graves.

[quote]Based on the iconic DC character, Mercy Graves (Mitra) is an ex-CADMUS agent who has always believed in human exceptionalism. But with both Lex and Lillian in prison, Mercy is stepping out of the Luthor shadow and running her own show. With her biting wit and lethal brawn, Mercy steadily becomes a key figure in National City’s growing “human-first” movement.

[quote]Baker’s Otis Graves is Mercy’s de facto right-hand man. What he lacks in brains, he makes up for with his savant-like abilities to assassinate aliens. Otis is a character from the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve and has not been featured in comic books.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545July 28, 2018 11:25 AM

I can't remember the last thing i saw Mitra in.

by Anonymousreply 546July 28, 2018 6:16 PM

She was in the show The Gates (which got canceled after one season) with DL's fave Colton Haynes (Arrow). Also starring Paul Blackthorne (Arrow).

by Anonymousreply 547July 28, 2018 6:37 PM

R547 I forgot about that show.

by Anonymousreply 548July 28, 2018 7:11 PM

I want a Winn/Mon-El spin-off. Just the two of them, in the future, having adventures together.

by Anonymousreply 549July 28, 2018 7:42 PM

đŸŽ”Go Go Power RangersđŸŽ”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 550July 28, 2018 8:22 PM

Indeed, R550. Man, that suit is awful.

by Anonymousreply 551July 28, 2018 10:06 PM

That suit is supposed to be based off the eradicator armor.

by Anonymousreply 552July 29, 2018 1:37 AM

R551 There was an article the other day speculating on whether it might be Superman lol

by Anonymousreply 553July 29, 2018 3:32 PM

Data is joining the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554August 1, 2018 5:35 PM

^^^ that's a Jesuit clone

by Anonymousreply 555August 1, 2018 6:35 PM

Brent Spiner was appropriately creepy in "Outcast" on Showtime or Cinemax or whatever channel that show was on... but I can't really see him on SuperGirl.

by Anonymousreply 556August 1, 2018 6:42 PM

He did a funny guest appearance on The Big Bang Theory a couple of seasons ago back when Adam West was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 557August 2, 2018 6:55 AM

Is there anyone from Star Trek who hasn't been on TBBT?

by Anonymousreply 558August 2, 2018 5:17 PM

Patrick Stewart for one R558

by Anonymousreply 559August 3, 2018 2:14 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560August 6, 2018 5:43 PM

Guess who's coming back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561August 22, 2018 8:24 PM

I'm glad he's coming back. I want to see Shelley Hennig play Lois Lane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562August 23, 2018 2:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 24, 2018 3:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 564August 24, 2018 4:49 PM

Please let us have a gay male character. The guy at R564 will do.

by Anonymousreply 565August 25, 2018 2:11 AM

R565 I wonder if he'll end up being a new love interest for Kara.

by Anonymousreply 566August 25, 2018 3:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567August 29, 2018 3:35 PM

Of course he'll be Kara's new love interest! Duh.

by Anonymousreply 568August 29, 2018 6:00 PM

[Quote] Of course he'll be Kara's new love interest! Duh.

Supercorp shippers will love that.

by Anonymousreply 569September 1, 2018 7:38 PM

Lois Lane has been cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 570September 15, 2018 2:22 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571September 28, 2018 4:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 572October 16, 2018 2:11 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573October 16, 2018 2:11 PM

Arrow premier was pretty good. Still sticking with that shitty Diaz villain though.

Legends looks god awful. I skipped last season and don't recognize any of the new cast.

by Anonymousreply 574October 17, 2018 12:57 AM

Season 4 opener redeemed itself from season 3's sloppy writing + shity stories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575October 17, 2018 7:59 AM

Please someone start a New "Supergirl Season 4" thread and link it here. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 576October 17, 2018 8:11 AM

Superman Tyler now getting his own series!

by Anonymousreply 577October 19, 2018 5:48 AM

Supposedly false R577

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578October 19, 2018 6:11 AM

Superman & Lois Lane

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579November 10, 2018 12:45 PM

r59,

Ugh! why is gorgeous Betsy Tulloch (loved her in Grimm) wearing a hospital gown?

Ugh X2! Could Tyler Hoechlin look more smug?

by Anonymousreply 580November 10, 2018 12:56 PM

[Quote] Ugh! why is gorgeous Betsy Tulloch (loved her in Grimm) wearing a hospital gown?

Probably to hide her being pregnant.

[Quote] Ugh X2! Could Tyler Hoechlin look more smug?

I'm not seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 581November 10, 2018 12:59 PM

Duckie will be playing Lex Luthor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582November 17, 2018 3:09 PM

Anthony Konechny is hot hot hot!

The story lines so far? not. Too preachy and After-School Specialy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 583November 17, 2018 9:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584November 17, 2018 11:34 PM

R584 Superman looks more like Henry than Tyler lol. And it drives me nuts that they didn't at least make Batwoman's boots red.

by Anonymousreply 585November 18, 2018 1:11 PM

I like the little romance they are building between Brainy and Nia.

Can't wait to see his reaction when he discovers what extra goodies she has hiding up her mini skirt.

by Anonymousreply 586November 21, 2018 3:33 AM

Without Winn, I've had no desire to watch.

by Anonymousreply 587November 21, 2018 3:47 AM

Love the season so far and its take on deplorable haters.

by Anonymousreply 588November 21, 2018 9:09 PM

Nice to see Teen Wolf's Michael Johnston. As cute as ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 589November 26, 2018 3:08 AM

The CW is promoting their "Open to all" campaign which is supposed to show that the network is all in for inclusiveness and representation.

by Anonymousreply 590November 26, 2018 4:09 AM

I thought Manchester United or whatever his name is was a good guy. I liked him but he's revealed himself to be a dick, only thinking about himself and his man-pain.

What the hell is Lena trying to do? I'm not following her part of the story too well.

by Anonymousreply 591November 26, 2018 5:51 AM

Manchester Black is an antihero/villain

by Anonymousreply 592November 26, 2018 5:54 AM

Oh â˜șâ˜ș Thanks R592.

by Anonymousreply 593November 26, 2018 6:02 AM

R589 Annnnnnnnnnd he's dead. What a waste of that beautiful twunk.

by Anonymousreply 594November 26, 2018 6:25 AM

R589 I wonder who else from Teen Wolf will pop up on the Arrowverse?? Greg is clearly a big fan lol

by Anonymousreply 595November 26, 2018 3:33 PM

Crossover trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 596November 26, 2018 3:33 PM

I believe Johnson had more dialogue in his guest role on Supergirl than his entire time on MTV's Teen Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 597November 26, 2018 6:34 PM

I stopped watching regularly, how did Wynn leave the show? Is he dead or is the character joining another CW program?

by Anonymousreply 598November 26, 2018 8:54 PM

He left at the end of last season to go to the future with the Legion

by Anonymousreply 599November 26, 2018 9:00 PM

New thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600November 26, 2018 9:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!