Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A landslide election? and for Hillary Clinton

I got a call from a friend in Washington who knows more about political polling than anyone in America. He was almost breathless with excitement. “It’s gonna be a landslide,” he said. “In which direction?” I joked. “Hillary’s going to win in places we haven’t won in years – Georgia, Nevada, Arizona. She’ll take the entire West, the whole East Coast. Trump is sinking like a stone.” “So do we get the Senate back?” “You bet.” “Sixty votes?” “No, but a nice majority.” “And the House?” “We won’t win it back, but Democrats will get 14 of the 30 they need. So still a Republican majority, but far weakened.”

by Anonymousreply 56January 27, 2020 12:44 AM

Who is he?

by Anonymousreply 1August 29, 2016 3:36 AM

May it be so!

by Anonymousreply 2August 29, 2016 3:37 AM

You're both bottoms aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 3August 29, 2016 3:58 AM

[quote]He was almost breathless with excitement.

Mary !!!

by Anonymousreply 4August 29, 2016 3:59 AM

Well, she's basically running as a Republican, and the media has the Dems sufficiently scared of Trump that I can't imagine she won't do well, God help us all.

And Congress will go to the Republicans, big time, because everyone focused on getting the warmonger in and neglected Congressional races.

by Anonymousreply 5August 29, 2016 4:04 AM

All I can say to you R5 is ha ha - GOOD.. Your orange turd is going down. I don't need the media for me to dislike Trump. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 6August 29, 2016 4:14 AM

R6, Ummm, cunt, I loathe Trump and I'm holding my nose and voting for her. Doesn't mean she's not a warmongering loon.

by Anonymousreply 7August 29, 2016 4:30 AM

The media is corrupt , Hillary is corrupt, and the general population is just plain stupid. America is 'ucked!

by Anonymousreply 8August 29, 2016 5:02 AM

Except that swingy Iowa is far from locked down for her.

by Anonymousreply 9August 29, 2016 5:12 AM

I have no doubt it will be a landslide. I worry HRC may only make it one term though. I dread another four years of republican opposition and obstruction.

by Anonymousreply 10August 29, 2016 5:17 AM

One term? I'm betting she doesn't make it to inauguration day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 29, 2016 5:27 AM

I wish but the polls are tightening a lot and the latest ones have her lead cut in half. Plus there's a new sexting scandal with Anthony Weiner that's bound to be a distraction.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12August 29, 2016 5:32 AM

R10 LOL!! Republican opposition to what?? Her conservative policies? Do you not read newspapers? She's got virtually everyone from W's administration praising her. All the neocon hawks love her, Cheney has praised her. Henry Kissinger looves her. WTF are you talking about? The Republicans love her now.

by Anonymousreply 13August 29, 2016 5:44 AM

President Obama won Nevada twice, so Dems have been winning there quite a bit recently. I'd love Arizona to go blue and toss that douchebag McCain out on his ass. President Obama should say NO WORDS about McCain's "service to the country" or any such BULLSHIT after the way McCain dogged him mercilessly throughout his two terms as President!

Hillary winning Georgia would be incredible, and I hear Missouri is a tie right now as well.

by Anonymousreply 14August 29, 2016 5:47 AM

yup yup yup

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 29, 2016 5:50 AM

R14 Who the fuck cares. Who could possibly be excited about this evil cunt being the President. If she weren't running against a mentally ill wanna be Hitler, she'd never win.

The real issue is Congress. By getting the Republican vote out, which she seems determined to do, she guarantees they'll win big in Congress. She's only courting Republicans now, and that's going to be a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 16August 29, 2016 5:53 AM

r5 haha you fucking neuter!

by Anonymousreply 17August 29, 2016 6:12 AM

r14 well that was your mom's name yah?---evil cunt?

by Anonymousreply 18August 29, 2016 6:12 AM

Republican trump supporters are trying to say Hillary is too old to be president. It does bring up a problem for trump bc if he dies or loses it, then pence is in office, PENCE. Pence is worse than Trump, and Trump is a fucking disaster!

by Anonymousreply 19August 29, 2016 6:13 AM

We are damned if we do, damned if we don't but I still have some hope that Hillary will do something besides make war and give corporations mire breaks.

by Anonymousreply 20August 29, 2016 6:37 AM

Republicans finally got what they have been working towards, a neo Nazi candidate.

by Anonymousreply 21August 29, 2016 6:40 AM

The mystery pollster couldn't be Nate Silver, who has Trump improving in latest polls, narrowing Hillary's convention bounce by 2 points. He cautions against getting complacent, this is FAR from a done deal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 29, 2016 10:13 AM

Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Wisconsin and Virginia are hers. She can lose Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, North carolina, and Florida and still win. Trump is toast.

by Anonymousreply 23August 29, 2016 10:22 AM

R6, the berniebros didn't just turn into pumpkins. It's not that hard to spot them -- you can smell the radical manque posturing a mile away.

by Anonymousreply 24August 29, 2016 11:30 AM

Of course it's going to be a landslide for Clinton and rightly so - the Republicans have well and truly fucked themselves over. They can't blame this shit on Obama or Clinton. This clusterfuck is entirely of their own making.

by Anonymousreply 25August 29, 2016 11:49 AM

A landslide requires winning at least 90% of the Electoral College.

Hillary cannot do that. Trump has an absolute minimum of 145 electoral votes. Hillary's absolute minimum is 227.

Both sides have a few other states like PA, which is certain to vote Democrat but seems in play, but aren't.

by Anonymousreply 26August 29, 2016 2:10 PM

r19, Republicans think Hillary is too old to be President? What about Trump? She's 68 but he's 70!!!

Republicans projecting as usual.

by Anonymousreply 27August 29, 2016 2:35 PM

Oh NOOOOO I'm so CONCCCERRNNNNEDDD. Don't get COMPLACENT!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28August 29, 2016 2:36 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOO WOW Hillary WINS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 30, 2016 1:49 AM

Um...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 30, 2016 8:53 PM

Donald Trump has extended his lead over Hillary Clinton in the latest LA Times/USC Poll. The poll shows Trump leading with 45.1% to Hillary’s 42.3%. This is within the margin for error, but Trump has clearly found new momentum in recent weeks.

by Anonymousreply 31August 30, 2016 8:57 PM

People, this was copied and pasted from robertreich.org, so I suspect the writer of the piece is Robert Reich. Only the first half made it to the OP, the full thing is here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 30, 2016 8:59 PM

R31 That LA times/USC poll is a rolling, tracking poll that's experimental(no one else is doing it their way). It's an online poll taken from a subset of a base of 3000 voters. They poll about 400 of those voters at a time. They set it up so it's based on how people say they voted in 2012 with 27% Obama voters & 24% Romney. Some people take issue with that as people don't remember/lie about their prior votes per studies down. I guess time will tell on it but it does seem to fluctuate quite a bit with sometimes Trump in the lead by a few and sometimes Clinton, but doesn't really match other national polls.

by Anonymousreply 33August 30, 2016 9:15 PM

I have my doubts about a landslide. When Hillary's lead went double digits, the media ramped up with more of the Email saga, the Clinton Foundation, etc. They have suddenly put on TV more Trump surrogates. Collectively, the media wants a horserace and all they do has that aim. The corporate media wants to maximize their viewers, sell ads for higher fees,to maximize profits, and promote their own careers.

by Anonymousreply 34August 30, 2016 9:33 PM

[quote]I got a call from a friend in Washington who knows more about political polling than anyone in America. “Hillary’s going to win in places we haven’t won in years – Georgia, Nevada, Arizona.

Nice try OP . Well OP, You IMAGINARY friend "who knows more about political polling than anyone in America" . does not know 2 simple and very recent facts. Obama won Nevada both times . A simple wikipedia search can show the result

2008 : Obama :55.15%tMcCain: 42.65%

2012 : Obama : 52.36%tRomney :45.68%

So you "friend " ever doesn't know recent data about last 2 presidential cycle .But certainly he knows more than anyone in American about Polling America to predict future election ???

by Anonymousreply 35August 30, 2016 9:37 PM

Poor R5 wasn't treated very well on this board.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2020 12:40 AM

Bernie Bro yet again googling old DL election threads. Good luck getting my vote in November, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2020 12:43 AM

How embarrassing!

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2020 12:51 AM

R37 Vote for whomever you want to, dear.

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2020 12:54 AM

I am wonder what OP is doing right now and what about friend who knew more than anyone in America

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2020 12:57 AM

Here was another ridiculous "landslide" prediction. How could these posters be so wrong?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 25, 2020 6:56 PM

They were about as accurate as Lynn Stairmaster's Oscar picks.

by Anonymousreply 42January 26, 2020 2:29 AM

It was the "Socks factor" that doomed her. You don't give away your family pet.

by Anonymousreply 43January 26, 2020 8:46 AM

OP = Robbie Mook who is still unemployed as of now. SAD!

by Anonymousreply 44January 26, 2020 8:49 AM

Robby Mook is an example of how it is possible to be both gay and evil.

by Anonymousreply 45January 26, 2020 9:48 AM

This thread aged like milk.

by Anonymousreply 46January 26, 2020 9:50 AM

I remember telling family and friends in 2016 that it seemed to me that Trump was going to win, based on the approval and enthusiasm he had in the Midwest. They all laughed.

It's harder to tell this year, because the anti-Trump people are vocal about their hate, but the pro-Trump people hold their tongue. In case people resurrect this thread again in four years, I'll predict Trump will win by a hair, based on all the people who keep silent.

by Anonymousreply 47January 26, 2020 10:04 AM

I think they were the fake "insider information" trolls, R41. Probably the same guy who posts "something big is going to break soon!" over and over again.

What people forget is that most threads like this were ignored, and in the longer threads, there were plenty of people with facts and concerns and decent information. Bumping something like this to prove "Datalounge is always wrong" is just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 48January 26, 2020 10:38 AM

Brutal bump.

If my self is reading this thread from November 2020 or later,

Dear Cinesnatch,

You and many others went through quite an emotional journey these last few years. In 2019 and 2020, there were times you thought Trump was really going to lose, and there were times you thought he was really going to win. Right now, you feel like he's tanking with the American public, which, unfortunately, could be because of what the media is feeding you. You have punished yourself with a lot of MSNBC videos on YouTube. You seemed to have gravitated towards Ari, but loathe the kid with glasses who, at the end of his videos, says, "Thank you for watching, if you like to watch more videos, just click on the link BELOW me," and it always sounds like "BLOW ME," which you're convinced is intentional, and no, you don't to blow him, you just want him to disappear (you do want to blow Ari though; except you don't like the latest clean-shaven look he's sporting). Anyway, you have actually unchained yourself from MSNBC recently and have been watching more PBS News Hour (if you even watch any YouTube, which you seem to be doing less of--good for you if you have kept it up!), and you feel a little bit more sane.

Anyway, right now, you feel like Trump won't get reelected. Your girl is Liz and the media wants you to believe she can't beat him, and she's probably not going to be the nominee anyway. Right now, you think it's either going to be Bernie or Biden. Your instinct says Bernie. You don't mind Bernie. You actually really like him. But, his most ardent supporters are truly the worst. They'll try to tell you that every candidate has awful supporters, but, your anecdotal experience on message boards, social media, etc, has you thinking that the awful Bernie supporters are higher in quantity and lack even more self-awareness. They may be fighting the good fight, but their lack of tolerability undermines the plight.

Anyway, whatever the case, your instinct tells you Bernie is going to pull through. And that's okay. And you think Bernie won't have any issue beating Trump. You believe even Sleep Joe can beat Trump, just because the disdain for Trump is so great. Biden is like a blank slate for everyone to project their ire onto.

But, at the end of the day, Trump could still win. It doesn't seem possible presently. But, it's still a very real threat. It will be a threat until the votes are counted, and those fucking assinine electoral college votes are distributed.

I hope if you're reading this, Trump is not president. He's an awful leader and person. And he takes credit for things he doesn't do (and vice-versa). Also, HIS supporters are even worse than Bernie's. If Trump is president, well, you probably have given up on social media and most things internet and are probably not even reading this. Actually, I hope you aren't reading this regardless. I hope you're exercising, eating healthy, enjoying the company of friends, and pushing your professional career forward. You have better things to do than worry about who the fucking president is of the United States. Either the citizens are going to get it right, or they're going to be a bunch of idiots yet again and we're going to go further down the black hole. All you can do and all you really have time to do right now is make positive contributions both personally and professionally. Stuff the rest.

Also, I hope you've gotten laid. It has been way too long.

Sincerely,

Cinesnatch

by Anonymousreply 49January 26, 2020 11:22 AM

R47 I agree, Trump will win but it will be a close call.

by Anonymousreply 50January 26, 2020 11:48 AM

R43 can I just say I’m loving this new Socks avenging troll.

by Anonymousreply 51January 26, 2020 12:44 PM

Is that you, Ann r47?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 26, 2020 12:46 PM

r52, that video is a vintage

by Anonymousreply 53January 26, 2020 1:00 PM

Before the 2016 election Tom Hanks appeared on SNL and gave some America's Dad speech about how despite our differences the country is just fine and will pull through which was obviously written with the expectation that Hillary would win.

by Anonymousreply 54January 26, 2020 2:26 PM

R54 Who gives a fuck what Tom Hanks has to say about anything anymore, the guy won an Oscar back in the 90s and has been chasing after one with the help of Spielberg ever since. He's basically the male Meryl Streep by this point, except without the dodgy Weinstein connection.

by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2020 5:54 PM

What doesn't get as much play from the video at r52, is that Coulter also pointed out in it with some good insight that Sanders would have been much harder for the GOP to beat than Hillary in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 56January 27, 2020 12:44 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!