Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Captain D's: vThe worst Major Chain Restaurants

I say Captain D's and its twin Long John Silver's. Seafood should be good and good for you, but these chains specialize in sickening megabattered fish that makes you puke upon consumption. A lot of puffy batter encased around a tiny frozen fish is an abomination. What is your least favorite chain restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2021 8:42 PM

That list is a bunch of crap places I never eat at. The last time I have been to anything on that list is probably McDonalds for an Egg McMuffin about a year ago.

I guess if I had to say the worse it would be Applebees, at least the other ones are cheap. Applebees pretends it is a nice restaurant and charges more money even though it's food is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2016 1:46 PM

I don't get why people hate on Applebee's so much. For what it is, it does it well

by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2016 1:51 PM

Subway

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2016 3:57 PM

California Pzza Kitchen is gross

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2016 3:58 PM

I picked Applebee's because it pretends to be an actual restaurant. The food is awful and overpriced and even the worst local restaurant in your community is likely to be a million times better.

I have only had food from some of the rest, but I think they all fall under the fast food category. Expectations for those places are entirely different.

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2016 4:06 PM

Krystal?? The OP must be a hillbilly

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2016 4:22 PM

I used to love Long John Silvers as a kid, and would always beg my parents to order an extra side of the fried batter bits that they would also sell. I especially loved their corn on the cob, which was wrapped in foil and swimming in melted butter when you opened it. It was so tender, much like good slow bbq, it would fall off the cob when you bit into it. I also remember in the mid 90's they tried selling fried shrimp wraps, which were awesome, because they were HUGE and had a ton of fried shrimp in them, but were only like $5. But when I tried them in recent years, I guess my palette has changed as an adult, because the amount of MSG in their batter is absurd, plus it seemed much saltier these days than what I remembered it as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2016 4:30 PM

FWIW, I'm from the Youngstown Ohio area, near where Arby's originated. Their roast beef has changed for the worse over the years, but they used to be way better at least as far back as in the 70's from what I remember. My mom remembers when they originally opened, and said they were even better before I was born. It's a shame how they now just sell warmed up low grade lunch meat these days.

by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2016 4:34 PM

[quote] because the amount of MSG in their batter is absurd,

And you can tell because???

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2016 4:39 PM

R9, it might just be my flavor palette changing as I get older. I don't have any severe reactions to MSG itself, or other MSG-like ingredients. I'm not opposed to it being used in recipes, but in large amounts, it leaves a strong aftertaste of the food in my mouth for hours, no matter how many times I brush my teeth or use mouthwash. In otherwords, if I have something like LJS for lunch, I can still taste it in my mouth several hours later.

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2016 5:07 PM

How does BK change their fries so much, and each version is worse than the previous?

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2016 11:46 PM

[quote]it might just be my flavor palette changing as I get older.

Oh, dear. Are you a painter?

by Anonymousreply 12May 20, 2016 11:53 PM

Applebee's doesn't belong in your poll-- it's the only one that isn't a fast food place.

by Anonymousreply 13May 20, 2016 11:54 PM

Captain D's is 100x better than LJS. You must not have been in them in the past 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 14May 20, 2016 11:55 PM

OP, you have wounded me.

By the way, the answer to your question is Taco Bell. Vile stuff.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2016 12:08 AM

I'm upset with KFC. They were always number 1 in my book for fried chicken even though they're expensive. Last week I had 3 chicken strips in one of those meal deal things. It was drive-thru so I didn't check it out til I got home. 3 tiny pitiful things like deep fried chicken jerky. Unbeatable. Maybe they use the tiny overlooked pieces in the meal deal, I don't know. But it was bad, really bad. And tiny little things like dog treat jerky.

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2016 12:22 AM

Uneatable^

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2016 12:22 AM

Church's Chicken

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2016 12:29 AM

KFC has some good things on its menu, like the mashed potatoes and green beans

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2016 12:22 PM

White Castle must be mentioned!

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2016 1:23 PM

Popeyes is actually amazing. I go there maybe once a year. Calorie bomb but so good.

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2016 2:16 PM

Sarku is runner up

by Anonymousreply 22January 14, 2017 5:35 PM

R6, exactly. Who is this flyover monopolizing this board with all of these hillbilly threads?

by Anonymousreply 23January 14, 2017 5:39 PM

The whole thread is Oh Dear, R12. Holiday breaks and snow storms are the only time the old DL gems bother to show up.

by Anonymousreply 24January 14, 2017 5:44 PM

KFC almost sent me to the hospital, made my gall bladder go beserk. My doc said they are the worst for that based on their cooking oil.

You left off Chic-Fil-A, dude. Which, despite how we are supposed to be moving on, still annoys me with its politics (and, no, I am not even a diehard liberal.)

by Anonymousreply 25January 14, 2017 5:44 PM

The worst fast food franchise is Jack in the Box. Their food is truly vile. The size of their ridiculous menu really says it all.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2017 5:44 PM

Jack In The Box was snubbed from OP's poll.

by Anonymousreply 27January 14, 2017 5:45 PM

R17, the word you are looking for is "Inedible".

by Anonymousreply 28January 14, 2017 5:45 PM

I've never heard of Captain D's. I would have voted for Subway if that was an option, but since it's not, I picked Sbarro. All fast food is shit, but once in a blue moon I would eat at most of these places and find something edible on the menu. However, Sbarro's greasy so-called pizza is dreadful and Subway's sandwiches are all vile. I'd rather go to any other sub chain. Haven't set foot in Applebee's in about 25 years, so I don't have an opinion of them.

by Anonymousreply 29January 14, 2017 5:46 PM

But Chick-fil-A tastes good unlike the others

by Anonymousreply 30January 14, 2017 6:01 PM

Why this thread?

by Anonymousreply 31January 14, 2017 7:27 PM

R30 = Candace Cameron Bure

by Anonymousreply 32January 14, 2017 7:40 PM

For munchies at 2am nothing beats Jack's greasy little tacos. Is it the pot or the kangaroo meat?

by Anonymousreply 33January 14, 2017 7:48 PM

Sorry, R33, but for 2AM munchies and alcohol induced hunger, nothing, but nothing, beats White Castle.

Multiple generations of families have gotten drunk/high, gone to White Castle, and later puked it all up, as part of their path to adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 34January 14, 2017 7:55 PM

Krystal

by Anonymousreply 35January 14, 2017 7:57 PM

Hardee's is the worst food.

by Anonymousreply 36January 14, 2017 10:29 PM

I'm from Youngstown/Boardman, OH. I used to eat at that Arby's all the time as a kid, but until this thread I had no idea that was the original one. Wow. Live and learn.

Arby's and Panera's. Youngstown has really done its part to destroy America's palette.

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2017 10:36 PM

Del Taco is/was? a nasty chain. Minor league Taco Bell. Subway is not so bad if you're in Flyoveristan and don't have many options. Sbarro leads to sharting. Church's chicken is a good place for a shooting on a Saturday night.

by Anonymousreply 38January 14, 2017 10:41 PM

Before I started cleaning up my eating habits, I'd occasionally eat at Arby's, McDonald's, KFC, LJS and Taco Bell (and White Castle, too if I had that sudden craving). Now, about the only thing I've eaten from any of them is an occasional Sausage McMuffin and a cup of coffee from McDonald's, when I need to head out someplace and don't have time to make breakfast. And I ate at Chik-Fil-A twice, and liked it and thought the place was clean and the staff very professional, but that's before they were outed for their support of hate groups. Even before then, I had a sneaking suspicion about them, since I seemed to notice that many of my fundie co-workers had Chik-Fil-A calendars.

by Anonymousreply 39January 14, 2017 10:47 PM

I have never seen a Popeye's restaurant that wasn't filthy.

by Anonymousreply 40January 14, 2017 10:58 PM

I love Popeyes's. r40 is a white supremacist.

by Anonymousreply 41January 14, 2017 11:02 PM

I've never been to a Church's, KFC or Popeye's that wasn't filthy.

Guess that makes make Grand Wizard of the KKK, according to R41.

by Anonymousreply 42January 14, 2017 11:35 PM

Kennedy Fried Chicken is the worst fast food place. Very low rent. Food is horrible. Service is bad.

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2017 12:11 AM

Bojangles is great

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2017 1:40 AM

We have a Popeyes' in Boston. The chicken is really pretty good and the sides aren't bad either.

That said, fast food at 10 bucks a head is just insulting. And sadly yes, the place is really dirty.

I miss Boston Chicken pre Boston Market. That was great stuff.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2017 1:57 AM

White Castle and Krystal are almost the same. My BK serves the best fries in town. Crunchy on the outside and moist inside. It seems that a 3rd of Micky D's fries are more like crunchy potato sticks. I belch the taste of LJS's grease for hours after I eat.

When I was a kid, there were many All You Can Eat catfish places around town, but they are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2017 2:37 AM

"Hardee's is the worst food."

Not really. I've seen much worse. Their breakfast biscuits are quite good.

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2017 2:40 AM

Dairy Queen should be on the list for worst food.

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2017 3:22 AM

Girls, please, Don't pretend that you never stuffed a big mac in your mouth in order to fill the hole in your heart

by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2017 3:38 AM

Panda Express

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2017 3:46 AM

Checker's and Krystal's

by Anonymousreply 51January 15, 2017 3:49 AM

There's a Taco Bell and KFC next to one another, not far from my neighborhood. Whenever I drive past them, the KFC line is completely empty, while Taco Bell always has a line. I don't like either of them, but I notice that KFC drive thru's are always empty.

by Anonymousreply 52January 15, 2017 3:51 AM

The filthiest fast food joint I've ever been in is Dickie's Barbeque. Absolutely disgusting,

by Anonymousreply 53January 15, 2017 4:00 AM

I was visiting Louisville and went to a KFC literally 3 blocks from Yum Brands headquarters (parent company) it was the shittiest KFC, dirty and bad customer service. If you can't get your crap together right next to corporate then there is no hope.

by Anonymousreply 54January 15, 2017 4:00 AM

Dickies is vile

by Anonymousreply 55January 15, 2017 4:11 AM

Every Arby's restaurant in town is gross. McDonald's locations are hit or miss. Culver's moved in about 9 years ago - their restaurants are spotless. Chicken tenders are delicious, no soggy breading or weird texture. Burgers are good as well.

by Anonymousreply 56January 15, 2017 4:21 AM

The worst to me is White Castle. It's just revolting. At least it tasted somewhat better going down, than chucking it back up an hour later.

by Anonymousreply 57January 15, 2017 4:21 AM

You have to be high to enjoy White Castle.

by Anonymousreply 58January 15, 2017 4:29 AM

There's nothing that says white trash like a Waffle Hutt.

by Anonymousreply 59January 15, 2017 4:31 AM

I'll add The Waffle House. What an over-hyped dump. Who likes soggy waffles? The restaurant is always sticky and filthy. It's the worst.

by Anonymousreply 60January 15, 2017 4:46 AM

I used to enjoy nibbling on Arthur Treacher's Fish and Chips. He enjoyed the experience as well.

by Anonymousreply 61January 15, 2017 4:47 AM

Golden Corral

by Anonymousreply 62January 15, 2017 4:57 AM

Once got a nasty case of salmonella from Church's chicken. Puking and shitting BLOOD for 24 hrs. Thought I was a goner. To this day I feel nauseous when I drive by one.

by Anonymousreply 63January 15, 2017 5:02 AM

Oh, look, R12 - another painter at R37!

by Anonymousreply 64January 15, 2017 5:08 AM

Red Robin isn't bad. My mom loves Five Guys, me not so much. Popeyes pretends time be mainstream, while Church's seems pure ghetto.

I believe Jack's ran an ad proudly proclaiming their stoner munchie clientele base?

Culvers is decent fast food.

by Anonymousreply 65January 15, 2017 5:31 AM

My boss calls it Captain Disease

by Anonymousreply 66January 15, 2017 5:32 AM

But Waffle House has a huge cult following

by Anonymousreply 67January 15, 2017 5:38 AM

R32 Honey, I've moved on. It's just Starkist Tuna for me from now on!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68January 15, 2017 5:38 AM

The fact that OP omitted Chick-Fil-A completely invalidates this thread.

We had a thread about Captain D's a while back. While i wouldn't say I "worship" it like that OP did, it's certainly far better than Long John Silver's or the disgusting, overpriced Red Lobster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 15, 2017 6:27 AM

I used to like Jack in the Box's Sirloin Burger, but when they discontinued it and got that stupid buttery burger (gross), I quit eating there for awhile. A couple of months ago, I went and got a hamburger and it tasted disgusting, like pure soy crap. It seems they are seriously cutting corners now. That will be their downfall.

by Anonymousreply 70January 15, 2017 10:30 AM

r62 Another vote for Golden Corral. I got food poisoning there in 98' and threw up for two days straight. I felt like my head was going to explode and I was overcome with nausea, every time I moved. I wouldn't eat there for years, until finally I gave in the last couple of years. Their food is horrible microwave dinner tasting crap. Scratch that, even microwave dinners are better tasting than their food.

by Anonymousreply 71January 15, 2017 10:39 AM

I've gotten sick from buffet restaurants but, oddly enough, never from Golden Corral. I think because the hogs gobble it up so fast it doesn't have time to sit and spoil.

GC is certainly an example of the general rule: The bigger the selection the worse the overall quality of food is.

by Anonymousreply 72January 15, 2017 12:00 PM

R68: Great, now I have to switch to Chicken of the Sea!

by Anonymousreply 73January 15, 2017 12:30 PM

I've never heard of Captain D's. A seafood fast food chain sounds like a terrible idea. No wonder Long John Silver's has never been popular

by Anonymousreply 74January 15, 2017 12:30 PM

My parents used to take my sisters and I down to the coast to have Calabash seafood. It blows Captain D's away with a WMD.

by Anonymousreply 75January 15, 2017 12:32 PM

I refuse to eat at chain restaurants, and never eat fast food. The shit is killing us.

by Anonymousreply 76January 15, 2017 2:01 PM

Of course r75

by Anonymousreply 77January 15, 2017 2:24 PM

R73=Jessica Simpson

by Anonymousreply 78January 15, 2017 7:22 PM

All fast food is toxic garbage.

by Anonymousreply 79January 15, 2017 7:37 PM

I walked into a Waffle House once and walked right back out. It was a sad place, very ghetto looking.

by Anonymousreply 80January 15, 2017 7:44 PM

Qdoba is horrible

by Anonymousreply 81January 15, 2017 11:44 PM

Moe's

by Anonymousreply 82January 16, 2017 1:34 AM

I forgot about Moe's. Overpriced and flavorless. It wouldn't be worth a dollar.

by Anonymousreply 83January 16, 2017 1:41 AM

So, I gather you didn't care for the place, r71?

by Anonymousreply 84January 16, 2017 1:57 AM

IHOP and Perkins should be on the list. Sodium filled garbage.

by Anonymousreply 85January 16, 2017 2:42 AM

Does Sbarro even count as food? What about Macaroni Grill, and crap like that?

by Anonymousreply 86January 16, 2017 4:44 AM

Sbarro is vile

by Anonymousreply 87January 16, 2017 5:38 AM

Sbarro was my go-to as a child at the mall. I'd even stop at the mall on my way home from middle school to grab a slice. As an adult I have come to realize that it's horrible. How does a location stay open in Manhattan? I remember standing outside of one around 2011.

by Anonymousreply 88January 16, 2017 5:48 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, do not eat at "Der Dutchman" - muthafukken Amish-style chain mess. Ohio, don't know if they're in PA or other states.

by Anonymousreply 89January 16, 2017 6:09 AM

Whoops the thread title said 'major' chain restaurants. Der Dutchman will never be major.

by Anonymousreply 90January 16, 2017 6:11 AM

An Amish chain?

by Anonymousreply 91January 16, 2017 1:50 PM

Qdoba is Jack-in-the-Box's version of Chipotle.

by Anonymousreply 92January 16, 2017 5:00 PM

R82 Another vote for Moe's.

I mentioned in the Moe's thread that a friend had lunch there last summer, finished her shopping and errands, and headed home. All afternoon she said she kept belching up something that was like rotten eggs and she felt increasingly queasy.

She just kept thinking she'd be fine if she got home and took some Pepto-Bismol but her apartment was 20-25 mins. from the mall where she'd been shopping. So finally, she's home, rushes up to the front door, and while she's fiddling with the keys, has near projectile vomiting, all over the front door and stoop. To make matters, those powerful abdominal contractions set off a chain reaction and she filled her panties.

And, just to complete her humiliation, the neighbors' children were playing outside and witnessed the whole thing, accompanied by much squealing and laughter. For a long time afterward, the brats simulated retching whenever they saw her. I reminded her that, on the bright side, at least the kids didn't know she'd shit her pants!

by Anonymousreply 93January 18, 2017 11:46 PM

Eewww

by Anonymousreply 94January 18, 2017 11:47 PM

Is Moe's a chain? I thought it was a local Pittsburgh thing. Anyway, it is dreadful. I had some kind of chicken thing there once, in which the chicken had the texture of pencil shavings. Dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 95January 18, 2017 11:56 PM

[quote]Arby's roast beef has changed for the worse over the years, but they used to be way better at least as far back as in the 70's from what I remember. My mom remembers when they originally opened, and said they were even better before I was born.

The original Arby's concept was fantastic back in there 1960's. They had giant slabs of real roast beef (like a baron of beef) that they hung from big stainless steel chains, and they would slice off the meat for your sandwich while you watched. It was like a huge Gyro. Everything was fresh and the horse radish would blow the top of your head off. It was nothing like the flavorless boil in a bag mess they serve today.

by Anonymousreply 96January 19, 2017 12:15 AM

Chik fil a isn't bad.

Arby's and Burger King closed down because of being shit.

by Anonymousreply 97January 19, 2017 12:16 AM

Even I won't eat Sbarro.

by Anonymousreply 98January 19, 2017 12:17 AM

[quote]Chik fil a isn't bad.

U R F U eat it.

by Anonymousreply 99January 19, 2017 12:18 AM

Arby's has had an overhaul in case you haven't noticed with the 24/7 new marketing on television. I ate there on break at the insistence of a co-worker. The meat was pretty fresh and decently flavored. I had never had Arby's, but it wasn't bad. I'd try it again.

by Anonymousreply 100January 19, 2017 1:21 AM

I <3 captain d's

=(

by Anonymousreply 101January 19, 2017 1:26 AM

Arby's is doing a venison sandwich. They tested it last year in a few locations, and apparently they're expanding it in 2017.

Not my thing, but it's getting glowing reviews:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 19, 2017 5:27 PM

I will try it

by Anonymousreply 103January 19, 2017 5:32 PM

Sonic is meh

by Anonymousreply 104January 20, 2017 1:12 AM

I agree Red Robin and Culver's are acceptable options. Decent taste and quality.

Jack in the Box is putrid, I haven't gone near one since the 80's.

Again, I do want to give Steak 'n Shake a try. Furr's Cafeteria back in the day had pretty good food. The prime rib was to die for. And I probably will from still clogged arteries...or Trumpism.

by Anonymousreply 105January 20, 2017 11:52 AM

Steak n Shake is good when they do their job, but they have the worst service of any fast food chain. The level of not giving a fuck cannot be rivaled. The French fries are awful.

Things I have witnessed:

Cold food after long waits

Food dropped on the floor and placed on the grill

Broken drive thru leading to packed, smelly dining room, twice

Ran out of beef, twice

Wrong orders

Slow as molasses service...it's one of those places that always makes you pull up to the front of the restaurant to wait for your food even if you're the only one in line.

When I moved to this state two years ago I discovered Steak n Shake. I worked at a network so my hours were odd and it was always open. I ate there many times because of it.

by Anonymousreply 106January 20, 2017 1:35 PM

[quote]Arby's is doing a venison sandwich.

Oh, deer.

by Anonymousreply 107January 20, 2017 8:32 PM

Of the many shitty burger chains I've tried, by far the worst is Steak 'n Shake.

It's hard to imagine how the paper-thin burgers could be flattened to such a degree. The two patties on a double burger together contained less meat than a single Wendy's value burger, and the meat was burned black.

Sides were just as bad. Shoestring fries were served cold and hard, cole slaw was of the prepackaged supermarket variety, and "baked" beans were as poor as a canned, discount brand, barely warmed through.

by Anonymousreply 108January 20, 2017 9:51 PM

Capt D's is nasty

by Anonymousreply 109February 26, 2017 12:04 AM

I hate the smell of Subways

by Anonymousreply 110February 26, 2017 12:18 AM

Checkers is worse than all of these.

by Anonymousreply 111February 26, 2017 12:23 AM

Of all the fast food places around my area, Captain D's is one of the better options. You can substitute green beans and a baked potato, if you wish, for the standard fries and slaw.

by Anonymousreply 112February 26, 2017 12:28 AM

Cookout is the best fast food ever

by Anonymousreply 113February 26, 2017 12:29 AM

Chick fil A

Dispensers of hate

by Anonymousreply 114February 26, 2017 1:17 AM

Seafood should be healthy not vile fried crap

by Anonymousreply 115February 26, 2017 2:13 AM

Don't be a stupid cunt. Fried food, including fried fish, can certainly be part of a healthy diet if consumed within reason.

by Anonymousreply 116February 26, 2017 5:13 AM

Hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 117February 26, 2017 2:21 PM

Who goes to Moe's? Yuck

by Anonymousreply 118February 26, 2017 8:47 PM

Captain D’s is vile

by Anonymousreply 119May 14, 2018 1:34 AM

In Atlanta people from North Carolina went nuts when Cookout first opened stores here. I don't hear much said about it now. I tried it once on a road trip and since I don't eat beef I had a broiled chicken sandwich which could have doubled for a dried up hockey puck with a side of cold hard fries. They also go nuts here for crap like Bojangles and get in debates over which is better - Bojangles or Popeyes. So fat.

by Anonymousreply 120May 14, 2018 1:51 AM

Bojangles and Cookout are Da Bomb Dot Com!

by Anonymousreply 121May 14, 2018 1:53 AM

To me fast-food fish and chips chains go Arthur Treacher's, Long John Silvers, with Captain D's a distant third.

by Anonymousreply 122May 14, 2018 1:53 AM

Captain D's I actually find to be the best food of those three. They have a wider menu, and nicely battered fish and chips. I get coupons for it in the mail and it looks tempting, but thankfully the location nearest me is too far to go for a quick meal. I haven't seen an Arthur Treacher's in decades but there must be one somewhere. I remember on the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Breezewood, PA that I ate at once. People used to call the chain Arthur Creatures do to the bugs found in the kitchen there.

by Anonymousreply 123May 14, 2018 1:59 AM

DON'T READ IF WEAK STOMACH:

My best friend in high school worked at Arby's. The roast beef "slabs" they put on those slices are made from gnarly cheap parts of beef condensed together. But (and here's the awesome part), they were trained to inspect these slabs in the back and remove large white cysts/pustules that sometimes found their way into those yummy slabs so the customers wouldn't see the diseased lumps when they were out on the cutting machines. Mmmm. Good!

by Anonymousreply 124May 14, 2018 2:19 AM

Not shocked

by Anonymousreply 125May 14, 2018 3:16 AM

I. Told. You. So.

by Anonymousreply 126May 14, 2018 3:38 AM

Taco Hell and Schlubways are beneath my dignity.

My guilty pleasure is a Burger King Whopper with cheese. It's also my hangover cure.

I hate Chick-fil-A for their politics, and twice as much because they have those great peach shakes and I can't have one.

by Anonymousreply 127May 14, 2018 3:52 AM

BK restaurants are so dirty

by Anonymousreply 128May 15, 2018 2:27 AM

Dickey’s

by Anonymousreply 129May 15, 2018 5:27 PM

If I ordered a slice of pizza at Sbarro's, they would put it in the revolving oven for 1 slow revolution and it would still come out lukewarm.

by Anonymousreply 130May 15, 2018 5:34 PM

This thread reads fat.

by Anonymousreply 131May 15, 2018 5:41 PM

Last time i ate at Red Robin was 10 years ago, went to the bathroom and there were roaches crawling all over the floor.

by Anonymousreply 132May 15, 2018 5:52 PM

Boston Market has great cornbread

by Anonymousreply 133May 15, 2018 5:55 PM

There is nothing I enjoy more than a Capt'n D's shore platter with shrimp, devilled crab cakes, haddock. wonderful cole slaw, yummy hush puppies, fries and unsweet tea even better than Chick Fil A. Do I indulge in this regularly? No, of course not. But 3 or 4 times a year, it is without a doubt my #1 favorite fast food splurge.

And yanno what? That darn shore platter holds up nicely against Red Lobster's which costs 13 more bucks without the tea. I am not saying that Red Lobster is a great seafood venue, but my point is the quality is the same.

I lived at the beach off the coast of GA until I was 7 years old. Every Sunday evening we would all pile in the old '59 Ford and go to "The Deck" right on the water for seafood platters. They were as fresh as can be, and to tell you the honest truth: the platters at C.D.'s taste just as good to me today.

by Anonymousreply 134May 15, 2018 5:56 PM

I love Sbarro. It reminds me of high school, when they opened a mall in my hometown. A mall of our own! Those were exciting times, let me tell you.

by Anonymousreply 135May 15, 2018 5:59 PM

My brother worked at Captain D's in highschool. The entire house smelled like greasy fish for 2 years

by Anonymousreply 136May 15, 2018 7:13 PM

[quote]Church's Chicken

Yes, R18! I have always hated CC, and on the rare occasions my parents stopped for fast food when we were kids, 80% of the time it was for Church's Chicken. Instead I would eat fresh fruit we had at home, or heat up leftovers. Church's chicken, like Jim Dandy, the former tenant in my local Church's location, tasted like battered and fried Band Aids. When my parents wanted Church's a few years ago, I tried eating just the tip of a fried wing. It triggered an episode of the chronic gastritis I had got finally under control. I hadn't had an episode in almost a decade.

Church's and Arby's are the worst. And why on earth is Arby'sso expensive? Despite the commercials, it's just nasty lunch meat on shitty bread.

by Anonymousreply 137May 15, 2018 7:35 PM

Church’s has the best friends okra. And cherry soda

by Anonymousreply 138May 15, 2018 7:56 PM

Uh fried okra

by Anonymousreply 139May 15, 2018 7:56 PM

What is Captain Ds?

by Anonymousreply 140May 15, 2018 7:58 PM

You're just too sensitive OP. If you were hungry enough you'd eat Long John Silvers and Captain D's and FUCKING LOVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 141May 15, 2018 8:01 PM

My mother buys Church's chicken for her dogs. I didn't know humans actually ate there.

by Anonymousreply 142May 15, 2018 8:07 PM

I keep seeing Long Dong Silver. What does that say about me?

by Anonymousreply 143May 15, 2018 8:14 PM

It says your cock mad! LOL

by Anonymousreply 144May 15, 2018 8:15 PM

Beyond the fundie foolishness, Chik-fil-A is salty as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 145May 15, 2018 8:37 PM

Fuck you OP. I love Captain Ds

by Anonymousreply 146May 15, 2018 8:58 PM

But Americans love salty food. Who are these northern effete elitist who dislike salty food?

by Anonymousreply 147May 15, 2018 9:30 PM

Golden Corral is so nasty

by Anonymousreply 148May 17, 2018 2:43 PM

Only the poors would eat at any of these places.

by Anonymousreply 149May 17, 2018 2:48 PM

"Please don't make fun of me! Going out for a cheap, trashy McDonald's meal is MY SPECIAL TREAT!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 150May 17, 2018 2:49 PM

Worst fish ever

by Anonymousreply 151August 2, 2018 7:06 PM

I am kind of curious about Arby's beef. They seem to act like it's cut off a roast but it has no surface fat and seems like some kind of processed roll. like those godawful turkey rolls you see sometimes. Maybe their brisket is better.

There's a chain in the Midwest called Lion's Choice that has excellent fresh roast beef sandwiches and great fries. Wish they would expand to Colorado.

by Anonymousreply 152August 2, 2018 7:30 PM

Jack in the Box is good for its cheap tacos and eggrolls. Like others, I'll track one down about once a year and indulge.

by Anonymousreply 153August 2, 2018 7:39 PM

Haven't eaten Krystal in ages, but back when I was in college it was awesome drunk food. All that grease was just the thing to stave off a hangover.

by Anonymousreply 154August 2, 2018 7:42 PM

I don't care much for Applebee's. They don't have shit to choose from on their menu.

by Anonymousreply 155August 2, 2018 8:22 PM

Captain Ds fish is so nasty and unhealthy

by Anonymousreply 156March 16, 2019 12:52 PM

Sonic

by Anonymousreply 157January 6, 2020 12:43 PM

Hardee’s

by Anonymousreply 158January 6, 2020 3:10 PM

Sbarro

by Anonymousreply 159January 7, 2020 7:35 PM

I wouldn't eat at Taco Bell after a couple of friends who'd worked there at different locations told me about the green hamburger meat.

by Anonymousreply 160January 7, 2020 7:42 PM

Stop lying

by Anonymousreply 161January 7, 2020 8:35 PM

Shoot me, but I actually like BK. I prefer anything that's grilled rather than fried. And I find absolutely NOTHING wrong with Panara.

by Anonymousreply 162January 7, 2020 9:10 PM

Panera is good

by Anonymousreply 163January 7, 2020 9:36 PM

You all are a bunch of fucking liers! I bet you drag your fat asses into one of these places at least once a week.

by Anonymousreply 164January 7, 2020 11:35 PM

Olive Garden is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 165January 7, 2020 11:38 PM

OG has great salads

by Anonymousreply 166March 7, 2021 12:49 AM

They have okra?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167June 20, 2021 8:17 PM

I don't have the patience to read through this while thread, but my nephew works at an Applebee's and he says all of their food is reheated. They don't even have stoves.

by Anonymousreply 168June 20, 2021 8:23 PM

Applebee’s was good in the 90s

by Anonymousreply 169June 20, 2021 8:28 PM

Stealth FAT WHORE thread

by Anonymousreply 170June 20, 2021 8:31 PM

Hehe

by Anonymousreply 171June 20, 2021 8:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!