Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Poll: Clinton opens up 41-point lead in Iowa -- Takes 65 percent of Democrats in new poll

With Vice President Joe Biden officially out of the running and the Benghazi testimony behind her, Hillary Clinton has surged to a 41-point lead in the first caucus state of Iowa, according to results out Tuesday from the latest Monmouth University poll surveying likely Democratic caucus-goers.

Clinton earned the support of nearly two in three likely participants in next February's caucus, with 65 percent. Her next closest competitor, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, took 24 percent. In third place is former Gov. Martin O'Malley with 5 percent, and Harvard law professor Larry Lessig follows with 1 percent.

The RealClearPolitics average of Iowa polls previously showed Clinton with a much more narrow lead over Sanders, with Biden in third place.

Among Sanders' supporters, a majority of 68 percent said they back Clinton as their second choice, compared with just 19 percent for O'Malley.

In terms of favorability numbers, 88 percent see the former secretary of state positively, versus 8 percent who do not. Meanwhile, 77 percent have a favorable view of Sanders, while 11 percent do not.

Approximately four in 10, or 40 percent, of those surveyed said that they are "completely decided" on their candidate, about double the share of Republicans who said the same in a Monmouth poll released Monday. Another 37 percent said they have a strong preference but are willing to think about other choices, 10 percent indicated a slight preference and 13 percent said they were undecided. Among the 31 percent of Democrats who said they have met a candidate campaigning in Iowa, 21 percent said they saw Clinton in person, while 16 percent said they saw Sanders.

Overall, 79 percent of Iowa Democrats said they thought their party is doing a good job representing their concerns, while just 12 percent said it was not. Those numbers stand in stark contrast with the GOP poll released Monday, which found that just 32 percent of Iowa Republicans approved of their national party's performance compared with 57 percent who did not.

The poll was conducted Oct. 22-25, surveying 400 likely Iowa Democratic caucus participants via landlines and cellphones with a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points. Monmouth drew its sample from registered Democratic voters who participated in at least one of the last two state primary elections and are likely to attend the February caucus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2020 1:23 AM

I love Bernie Sanders - my favorite Senator, but after watching that last Benghazi hearing and seeing how she handled herself, I am 100% behind Hillary now.

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2015 5:43 PM

The first debate and the Benghazi hearing were both really strong for her. It showed America why she is ready for this.

I'm still not her biggest fan, it doesn't matter. All that matters for me is that she beats the GOP which I am confident she can.

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2015 5:50 PM

I can't wait for the anti-Clinton loons to show up and spin their dark little hearts out over this one.

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2015 6:02 PM

R3 reality must be an anti-Clinton loon. Her alleged 41% lead became a .3% lead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4August 20, 2020 4:50 PM

Why the hell are you bumping a 5 year old thread R4?

by Anonymousreply 5August 20, 2020 4:53 PM

Because he's a racist MAGAdroid troll, who has bumped multiple Clinton threads and also has these gems on a couple of other threads:

[quote]I don’t know about LGBT, but white gay men have a lot to lose if the Dems get in. We’re the ones who will disproportionately have to pay for their public sectors jobs programs.

[quote]The Democrats were the party of blue collar workers — now they’re smug elitists. They hate the police because the police don’t have fancy degrees in intersectional studies.

by Anonymousreply 6August 20, 2020 4:55 PM

MURIEL! Ban R4

by Anonymousreply 7August 20, 2020 4:59 PM

[QUOTE] With Vice President Joe Biden officially out of the running

Thanks, Obama. 😐

by Anonymousreply 8August 20, 2020 5:00 PM

Boris is falling apart at the seams with all the positive poll news for Biden, convention love and disastrous news for Shitler.

She's been throwing tantrums and trying to pretend that Biden can't win because Hillary's polls all week, bumping irrelevant threads, from a time when pollsters had different techniques and the public knew less about Donald Trump's crimes, incompetence, insanity, Russian collaboration and coronavirus.

Don't forget to take our poll on Boris's very spectacular collapse:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 20, 2020 5:36 PM

Wait......2020....is not....2016.

Nor ....is it.....1968

Different year, plenty of information about how 2016 was stolen is out there. Trump Ken,y trying to destroy USPS & discredit election.

Waaaaaay different year, lol

by Anonymousreply 10August 20, 2020 6:49 PM

Full speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 21, 2020 1:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!