Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gisele Bundchen: What's It All About?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 28, 2019 9:09 AM

She's known for her body, not her face. Straight guys acknowledge she's a butterface - she came on the scene when there were stick thin models all over the place, she brought curves back.

by Anonymousreply 1September 17, 2015 9:41 PM

Women love her

She has a killer bod

She's incredibly photogenic

She's striking

She has the best walk along with Naomi

by Anonymousreply 2September 17, 2015 9:48 PM

Her body is overrated. She's basically a plank with boobs bolted on. Her torso is straight up and down and she has no ass or hips. Great head of hair, though.

by Anonymousreply 3September 17, 2015 9:50 PM

I female model told me she has the world's perfect back, which makes clothing look amazing when she wears it.

I had no idea that's all it took to become the biggest model ever, but I guess it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 4September 17, 2015 9:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5September 17, 2015 9:58 PM

Her ass. The end.

by Anonymousreply 6September 17, 2015 10:00 PM

Agree with you, OP. Never saw the appeal.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I think Kendall Jenner is stunning (pictured at link--about halfway down the page). And I love that she' hasn't fucked with her face or body (yet) or gotten tattoos unlike her ugly step sisters.

by Anonymousreply 7September 17, 2015 10:01 PM

Giselle has IT and she is a good model. It's not necessarily the prettiest girl who is the best model.

by Anonymousreply 8September 17, 2015 10:09 PM

Kendall Jenner got a very subtle nose job, R7.

by Anonymousreply 9September 17, 2015 10:14 PM

Gisele was never pretty. From the late 90s on though, the modeling world stopped being about who was the most beautiful. For almost 20 years the fucked up fashion trends prefer weird-looking girls. It's the truth. Gisele, Kate Moss, Cara Delevigne etc are not pretty girls.

by Anonymousreply 10September 17, 2015 10:22 PM

I posted this before, but my brother saw her on a flight once. He said you notice her spectacular body before you ever notice the face. He said half the middle aged men turning to look at her probably had no idea who she was, but they were all looking at her. He said her face is average however.

by Anonymousreply 11September 17, 2015 10:23 PM

if a woman with a good body wears tight clothes, all straight guys will look even if she's ugly. There are plenty of very beautiful women out there who have bodies just as good as Gisele's. She's just representative of how awful the modeling world has become.

by Anonymousreply 12September 17, 2015 10:28 PM

Any woman with a great body who wears form-fitting clothes will have straight guys staring at her, even if she's ugly. The point is there are many more beautiful women out there than Gisele who have just as good of a body as she does. Gisele represents the decline in the modeling world.

by Anonymousreply 13September 17, 2015 10:29 PM

Are you under the impression that modeling is about being pretty?

by Anonymousreply 14September 17, 2015 10:33 PM

It used to be about beautiful girls. For almost 20 years the top girls haven't been pretty.

by Anonymousreply 15September 17, 2015 10:35 PM

[quote] Are you under the impression that modeling is about being pretty?

I am when they're shilling beauty products.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 17, 2015 10:39 PM

Contrary to someone's opinion on this thread, Kate Moss was beautiful. She became worse looking as her drug use increased.

I think Gisele is attractive. Her face is slightly reminiscent of Charlotte Rampling's. Her body is just sensational. Though straight guys like women with a little more weight. Her curves are prominent for a model but not compared to the general public.

My favorite Gisele moment is when she was interviewed by Bruno. She played along with him in a light hearted fashion. He claimed to have hung out with her in LA but she didn't remember him at all.

by Anonymousreply 17September 17, 2015 10:58 PM

It seems some people are under that impression r14.

R15 Runway have always had to be very tall and thin. Their faces were often, even 20 years ago, very plain. The exception were the 90s supermodels but they ended up cover girls too. Cindy Crawford started off a cover girl. But there were only ever 6 in this category. This is why they became known as "supermodels". They covered the modelling spectrum. They weren't just cover or runway or sports illustrated. They were in demand for all of it.

Designers have reverted back to tall thin plain girls for runway models because they don't want to go back to the 90s when the model, not the clothing, became the star of the fashion show. Look back to the 70s & 80s and look at runway models, they aren't spectacular. They've always been human coat hangers, their sole purpose is to make the clothes look great.

Cover girls were generally shorter, although not short, and they did the fashion spreads in magazines. They're generally prettier although there has always been a few well known quirky looking girls. The fashion models girls used to have a lot more power. Certain "faces" like Cindy crawford could be popped on a cover and the magazine would fly off the shelf, although Claudia eventually out sold everyone. But you'll notice that doesn't happen anymore. Now only certain actresses can achieve that kind of demand. These days models are on the inside of the mag, rarely on the cover, so they never get the exposure the 90s girls did. They are generally prettier than runway girls but they're a dime a dozen and very few are known to anyone but to fashionistas or the industry.

Giselle is the exception. She's runway but has crossed over. That's probably because she's very thin but not totally anorexic (like most runway girls) and can do fashion spreads. She isn't beautiful, but since she started on the runway that's not surprising, but she is incredibly photogenic and her high profile relationship only helps her cause. Photographers often say of Giselle the same thing they say about Kate Moss, it's almost impossible to take a bad photo of her.

by Anonymousreply 18September 17, 2015 11:03 PM

r3 is right - she is just straight up and down. Look at her in bikini pictures - not a single curve except for her implants.

I don't think her face is bad as others are saying though. A bit manly, but she's aging well.

by Anonymousreply 19September 17, 2015 11:03 PM

OP I have asked myself this question for years when I see her mug. But look no further than DL. White Brazilian guys are worshiped here, most of whom I think are also just very plain looking. Every once and a while you'll see a guy posted that lives up to the hype, but not that often. Gisele became a huge success with Victoria Secret because most Americans have incredibly plain tastes for everything.

by Anonymousreply 20September 17, 2015 11:15 PM

Gisele has German blood, not Brazilian blood.

by Anonymousreply 21September 17, 2015 11:29 PM

Model = tall girls with boy bodies and boobs

by Anonymousreply 22September 17, 2015 11:29 PM

Gisele has a tranny face

by Anonymousreply 23September 17, 2015 11:35 PM

[quote] But there were only ever 6 in this category

Ypir and who else?

by Anonymousreply 24September 17, 2015 11:45 PM

[quote] White Brazilian guys are worshiped here

Examples please.

by Anonymousreply 25September 17, 2015 11:46 PM

R21 What is Brazilian blood? There are Brazilians of African , Portuguese,Italian,Japanese,:Lebanese and German(and more) descent. Gisele's family has been in Brazil for six generations now.

by Anonymousreply 26September 17, 2015 11:50 PM

Giselle is a good example of a handsome woman.

by Anonymousreply 27September 17, 2015 11:52 PM

[quote]Examples please.

Exhibit A:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28September 17, 2015 11:53 PM

Only in the retarded fashion world Gisele "broomstick" Bundchen would be seen as curvy. She has the body of a 15 yo boy!

by Anonymousreply 29September 18, 2015 12:03 AM

[quote] Gisele has German blood, not Brazilian blood.

Brazilian is not an ethnicity as R29 indicated.

by Anonymousreply 30September 18, 2015 12:05 AM

R17 oh please. Young Kate Moss was average at best. Sure, she looked better with makeup but who doesn't? She along with Gisele and Cara are the 3 most overrated models ever.

by Anonymousreply 31September 18, 2015 12:44 AM

Kate Moss was really beautiful, and had a super-articulated body that's great for modeling. Extremely bow-hipped, with mega thigh gap, but that looked hot when she was young. Great shoulders and arms. She looks a little broken and bent now.

There's a picture of Kate Moss before her modeling days, where she's about fourteen, with curly hair and a much wider nose. It's amazing, the difference a nose job can make if everything else is in place, as it seems to have been with her. Nose job - suddenly the jaw line, the hugely wide apart eyes, the lips - come into focus. Wide nose, her face isn't distinguished.

Giselle's had a nose job. I agree, she's a little man-looking, but she also has a really long neck and a very clean, defined jawline. That's more important when it comes to being photogenic than being classically or conventionally pretty. Her sisters are really pretty too, maybe prettier, but don't have the aspects to their looks that make Giselle's images striking.

by Anonymousreply 32September 18, 2015 12:55 AM

R7 Kylie Jenner has no step sisters. The Kardashian girls are here half sisters.

by Anonymousreply 33September 18, 2015 1:03 AM

[quote]Her sisters are really pretty too

Ugh, no. Her twin sister is ugly. Must be harsh to be Gisele's twin and not only look nothing lik her, but be ugly

by Anonymousreply 34September 18, 2015 1:13 AM

Further to what R18 said . . . Cover girls were all about eyes and smiles; looking healthy and all-American (or whatever). High fashion models have to a) make the clothes stand out b) have plain faces so that the make-up artists can "create" and c) have something unique or unusual that makes them interesting to photograph (big nose, etc). Another thing for cover girls is they have to have "the look". You could be Christie Brinkley beautiful but if that's not the look that's selling this minute, you will never get a job. Cindy Crawford for example was the replacement for that model Gia whose look was new and fresh in the late 70s after an era of blue-eyed blondes. They used to call Cindy "baby Gia" . If she came along five or ten years later, she probably wouldn't have had much of a career. Same thing with Kate Moss turning up just when the grungy "heroin chic" look was taking off.

by Anonymousreply 35September 18, 2015 1:14 AM

So people are saying Janice Dickinson, Iman, Beverly Johnson etc weren't all beautiful? The popular models today are not beautiful at all. The trend in the modeling world has definitely changed.

by Anonymousreply 36September 18, 2015 1:17 AM

R36 Beverley Johnson and Iman were both magazine models so yes they were beautiful. They may have done the occasional cat walk but they didn't break into the industry as runway models. Janice Dickinson worked across the modelling spectrum and in the 1970s she was a very rare exception, and yes she was beautiful too. Although the term supermodel wasnt used by the public in the 1970s, it certainly existed within the industry and janice fell into that category.

No one is saying Iman, Beverley and Janice weren't beautiful, but they didn't start as runway where beauty is secondary to a girls body and walk. Iman, Beverley and Janice's faces were their ticket to fame.

The models we all remember are traditionally cover girls and they, not the runway girls, are beautiful. The thin exceptionally tall but not necessarily spectacular ones are runway. They do the occasional magazine shoot but that's not their primary job.

The decline of the cover model (a pretty face alone can no longer sell a magazine so she's inside the mag but not on the cover) means for the first time runway models are better known than girls who are magazine models. Although even they're generally only known to die hard fashionistas. And that's why people are asking why models aren't beautiful anymore but runway models have never been hired for their looks. Magazine models still need to be pretty, but with the exception of a few no one knows who they are anymore.

If Cindy Crawford were starting out now, she'd be inside the mag where most of us would never see her and we certainly wouldn't know her name. And she'd have to be a lot thinner. She would be just another working model these days.

by Anonymousreply 37September 18, 2015 2:15 AM

R34 Giselle had a bunch of work done over the years. If this is beautiful, then I would hate to see what she looked like before. Her body is great though.

by Anonymousreply 38September 18, 2015 2:22 AM

OP, I ask the same thing about Kate Upton. Don't get it at all.

by Anonymousreply 39September 18, 2015 2:32 AM

Most women I know feel the aim for the last twenty years for models is androgyny - a direct result of the domination of the fashion industry by gay men.

Very few have that figure naturally. Most, and I know some personally, have to starve themselves and live off cocaine and cigarettes. They get ill, they feel miserable, they're wrecking their bodies - the thigh gap ideal being one hideous , unnatural example. They're often under duress or worse to be pimped out to backers and clients. To say nothing of the abuse of young girls who shouldn't even be modelling adult clothes anyway and set an unrealistic ideal as well as losing their childhoods.

The whole industry is sick, to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 40September 18, 2015 2:38 AM

Kate Upton is Sports illustrated. Her sole purpose is to appeal to men. You will never see her on the cover of Vogue nor strutting down a runway unless some designer wants to use a "fat" model as a gimmick.

by Anonymousreply 41September 18, 2015 2:39 AM

What's worse is Kanye West trying to make Kylie Jenner happen. I think Kendall might arrange for her to have an accident soon.

by Anonymousreply 42September 18, 2015 2:41 AM

For R41

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43September 18, 2015 2:42 AM

And again for R41

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44September 18, 2015 2:43 AM

And yet another for R41

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45September 18, 2015 2:44 AM

From Brazil for R41

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46September 18, 2015 2:45 AM

Let's wrap this up for R41 with a Steven Meisel VOGUE Italia cover

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47September 18, 2015 2:48 AM

She's ordinary. She just got famous from being Leo Di's beard. Then marrying Brady. Though she's gorgeous compared to the world's ugliest ever supermodel - Kate Moss.

by Anonymousreply 48September 18, 2015 2:48 AM

Oh yeah R48...Kate's so very ugly! Snort

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49September 18, 2015 2:55 AM

Would this be the "boy body" with breasts look some have posted about? Looks great to me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50September 18, 2015 2:59 AM

Now this was a model.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 18, 2015 3:05 AM

Of all the models, runway or cover girl, I always found Linda Evangelista striking and beautiful - breathtakingly beautiful.

Opposite extreme is Kate Moss. Short for a model, smoker's teeth, and pretty ordinary. Best or worst drunk or drug strung - out photo was her quick trip from London to Paris for opening of some high end department store. Never, ever had or have I seen a public figure literally and visibly so incredibly smashed out of her mind. You'll have to Google the photos - about 6 or 8 months ago and I thought her career was over. She should have cancelled that departmental store opening.

by Anonymousreply 52September 18, 2015 3:05 AM

No one can top Ypir

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53September 18, 2015 3:15 AM

You know you're seriously UGLY when Victoria Beckham's "The Pretty One" in the pictures you posed for together!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54September 18, 2015 3:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55September 18, 2015 3:35 AM

Kate Upton looks like a basic white girl. Cheap.

by Anonymousreply 56September 18, 2015 3:42 AM

In the newest South Park, Cartman says Gisele looks like a dude.

by Anonymousreply 57September 18, 2015 3:48 AM

she does look like a dude.

I think Paulina P was the most beautiful supermodel EVER.

Although she was mostly an ad girl, not so much the runway, right?

Don't remember.☺️

by Anonymousreply 58September 18, 2015 3:57 AM

Here's the real scoop. People in the biz liked Giselle. Ugly as fuck but she'd party, do coke and knew she was ugly Ever see Moss with her original nose? Look it up. We've been trolled. The reason why Crawford's career took off? She was loved in the biz. All lip liner and painted on eyebrows, symmetrical face. She came out the same time as Paulina but people in the biz hated working with her and found her arrogant and intimidating. Look up her interviews on Letterman. A REAL turnoff, personality wise. Killed her career. Evangelista has a penis for a nose. Looked good in every hair colour but come on..she ain't no Kim Alexis. Doutzen Kroes and Shalom Harlowe, are perfection. Naomi has great bone structure, for sure. Nobody worse than horse face with nose job who supposedly had emphysema. Looks like Jessica Biel. Forget that bitch's name. You gotta be from an ugly family if you think that one is acceptable. Downright daaaawg, just tall. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 59September 18, 2015 4:09 AM

You're nuts, R34. Her twin is prettier and more feminine than she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 18, 2015 4:13 AM

R50, that's the fug I'm referring to. Genetically challenged, just tall. Bad, bad nose job. Must have sucked boatloads of cock Want to put a saddle on that one and put her away wet

by Anonymousreply 61September 18, 2015 4:17 AM

R58 Paulina's career encompassed runway, magazine editorial, and print & tv advertising. The old barriers between "runway" girls and magazine/ad girls fell part in the late 80's and early 90's as successful models had to be viable in both arenas. Although of course the goal was always a major contract like Estee Lauder because that pulled in the big bucks.

And it's still the same way even today, despite the models not being nearly as beautiful or interesting. If you really pull up the careers of these seemingly nondescript girls on Models.com you will that they all book a combination of runway, editorial, and advertising work.

Here's Paulina on the runway for Calvin in the late 80's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62September 18, 2015 4:32 AM

Is this baby Paulina alongside Kim Alexis?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 18, 2015 4:34 AM

What's attractive about her body? I don't get straight men. I thought they like curves like Christina Hendricks or Beyoncé. Giselle is straight up and down and has the body of a twink. Models used to be gorgeous. Janice Dickinson was stunning and had the perfect body. So did Claudia, Cindy and Naomi. Tyra was never high fashion but I can understand why straight men liked her. Kendall Jenner is a beautiful girl with a feminine body

by Anonymousreply 64September 18, 2015 4:43 AM

Kate upton is gorgeous as well

by Anonymousreply 65September 18, 2015 4:44 AM

R63 Yes, that's a very young Paulina. Here she is about age 45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 18, 2015 4:48 AM

Here's an entertaining recent interview with Paulina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 18, 2015 4:50 AM

Gia had a killer body

by Anonymousreply 68September 18, 2015 4:51 AM

I think Kendall is pretty but she's boring. There is no spark or life to her and her eyes look dead.

by Anonymousreply 69September 18, 2015 5:10 AM

She's mannish looking. I fucked a twink that looked like Giselle in London. As a gay man I see why designers (mostly middle aged gay men) like those androgynous women. It's easy to fantasize Giselle as being a twink. Gay men don't want to see their clothes on womenly hips and asses with big bobbley boobs swinging back and forth. They like the masculine not the feminine.

First thing I thought of when I saw those pics of Giselle was that twink I fucked in London and it made me horny. Runway models are twinkie girls.

by Anonymousreply 70September 18, 2015 5:20 AM

Gia was stunning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71September 18, 2015 5:20 AM

Kendall does seem dead eyed. The best models have an intensity and an depth behind their eyes and in their gaze. A good example of that is Daria Werbowy, who is the model in r50's picture and one of the best of the past decade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 18, 2015 5:24 AM

Gay men should stick to designing for men then, R70. Women are better at designing for real women's body's.

And since you brought it up, it sucks that everyone creams themselves over anything a gay man does creatively as though he 'must' be an artistic genius. It's a complete myth. I see it ALL the time in the beauty industry. Lazy, back stabbing, drug addled messes are given opportunities that far more talented, responsible and hard working female artists never are..

by Anonymousreply 73September 18, 2015 10:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 18, 2015 11:54 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 75September 18, 2015 7:33 PM

Ypir

by Anonymousreply 76September 18, 2015 9:21 PM

[quote] Gay men should stick to designing for men then, R70. Women are better at designing for real women's body's. And since you brought it up, it sucks that everyone creams themselves over anything a gay man does creatively as though he 'must' be an artistic genius. It's a complete myth. I see it ALL the time in the beauty industry. Lazy, back stabbing, drug addled messes are given opportunities that far more talented, responsible and hard working female artists never are..

Toots, whether you like it or not Gay Men have ALWAYS set the trends and dominated the Fashion Industry. Since the very beginning! I was under the impression that Women had more power in the Fashion Business today. Although, that may not necessarily be on the creative end of things.

With that said, whoever's calling the shots nowadays have led women terribly astray over the last 25 years or so.

by Anonymousreply 77September 18, 2015 9:39 PM

[quote]What's attractive about her body? I don't get straight men. I thought they like curves like Christina Hendricks or Beyoncé.

They like what gay men tell them to like. Isn't that irony delicious?

by Anonymousreply 78September 19, 2015 12:21 AM

Just saw the Kendall Jenner Estee Lauder TV commercial. She actually is very cute - young and fresh-looking and has a definite charm when she's not just staring blankly at a camera for still photos. Surprising but I can now see how she booked that campaign.

by Anonymousreply 79September 19, 2015 7:07 PM

IMHO Kendall is better looking than Gisele was back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 80September 19, 2015 7:12 PM

Not really sure why gay designers always claim that clothes look better on an anorexic body. If that's the only body type you can work with, you're not much of a designer, are you?

by Anonymousreply 81September 19, 2015 8:33 PM

R81, it's because all women should be extremely thin.

by Anonymousreply 82September 19, 2015 8:34 PM

Who was the better Gisele?

Gisele Zelauy?

Gisele Bundchen?

Why did Gisele Bundchen became more well know than Gisele Zelauy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 19, 2015 8:41 PM

I think she is smug and is bland

by Anonymousreply 84September 19, 2015 8:52 PM

I happen to agree with you, r84.

by Anonymousreply 85September 19, 2015 9:34 PM

If we'd never heard of the Kardashians, and she wasn't part of Taylor Swift's Power Squad, does Kendall Jenner become a supermodel and the face of Estee Lauder?

by Anonymousreply 86September 20, 2015 2:36 PM

Bump this thread.

by Anonymousreply 87September 20, 2015 11:12 PM

R86 the answer is no. Her landing the Estee Lauder campaign was 90% for her social media reach and 10% for her looks.

by Anonymousreply 88September 20, 2015 11:20 PM

Isn't it obvious fashion mavens?? She looks like a dude and the fashion industry doesn't appreciate feminine curves.

by Anonymousreply 89September 20, 2015 11:25 PM

"Big boggley boobs". Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

by Anonymousreply 90September 20, 2015 11:27 PM

[quote]I think she is smug and is bland

Oh, yes. She comes across as quite pretentious in her interviews and puts on the airs of being very well-educated and knowledgeable, which she isn't. She's well-traveled, is multi-lingual, and is a shrewd business woman (thanks mainly to her business manager twin sister), but she really tries to play herself off as a Renaissance woman which she most definitely is not.

by Anonymousreply 91September 20, 2015 11:39 PM

At one point in the 70's & 80's, an Estee Lauder contract was considered the most prestigious of all cosmetics contracts for a fashion model to score. Karen Graham (pictured), Willow Bay and Paulina Porizkova were all Estee Lauder girls at one point. They paid top dollar and usually held onto their "faces" for at least a decade (or more in Karen Graham's case).

If Kendall Jenner is now the new "face" they're obviously slipping and quite desperate. It wouldn't surprise me if Estee Lauder cosmetics will only be available exclusively at Dollar Tree Stores in the near future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92September 20, 2015 11:50 PM

[quote]She's well-traveled, is multi-lingual, and is a shrewd business woman

Then without even considering her looks, she's miles ahead of the average person. Add her supermodel body and face to the equation and you have your answer as to why she's a superstar.

by Anonymousreply 93September 21, 2015 12:00 AM

Kate Upton has been on the cover of Vogue. That said, supposedly the fashion industry doesn't "get" her either, think she's common, and like a "footballer's wife" or Page (whatever) girl (the dolly birds in some British tabloid). That misses the point. The footballer's wives all have the plastic surgery look, boobs that don't go with the shoulder and rest of the frame and are too hard-looking, nose made too small, Lip size that doesn't fit the shape or size of the mouth. They're all going for the look but it's obviously manufactured and second rate. Kate Upton naturally looks that way, that's the difference. She has a similar appeal to what Claudia Schiffer's appeal used to be. Big smile, very pretty face, big boobs, but seems really friendly and unpretentious.

by Anonymousreply 94September 21, 2015 12:33 AM

Does Kate Upton also appeal to women? I suspect she would because she has an atypical body for a model (i.e. comparatively thicker around the middle)

by Anonymousreply 95September 21, 2015 12:43 AM

Paulina P's photos for Estée Lauder were gorgeous. Her face looked perfect. She still looks good at 45 in the earlier pic. What about Heidi Klum?

by Anonymousreply 96September 21, 2015 12:52 AM

[quote]If Kendall Jenner is now the new "face" they're obviously slipping and quite desperate. It wouldn't surprise me if Estee Lauder cosmetics will only be available exclusively at Dollar Tree Stores in the near future.

Even 20 years ago, the Estee Lauder brand conjured up the image of old ladies who used too much foundation and pressed powder. Lancome, Clinique, MAC and Bobby Brown took over the higher end cosmetics market. Sephora's hyper-modern image certainly didn't help. It doesn't help that Estee Lauder sounds like a grandma name.

by Anonymousreply 97September 21, 2015 1:03 AM

[quote]She's well-traveled, is multi-lingual, and is a shrewd business woman

[quote]Then without even considering her looks, she's miles ahead of the average person.

But the only reason she is any of these things is because of her genetics. If she didn't have them she'd likely have wound up a shop girl.

by Anonymousreply 98September 21, 2015 1:17 AM

Why did tom brady pick that over all the possible women he could've had? I don't get it at all.

by Anonymousreply 99September 21, 2015 1:25 AM

R59 interesting post.

by Anonymousreply 100September 21, 2015 1:43 AM

Great body, meh face. I'm sure she's a hustler and really went for it. The Dicaprio relationship really helped her. Those were the beginning days of his interchangeable blonde models and she got tons of publicity. Adriana Lima is 1000x more beautiful than Gisele, but never reached the same status. Truly beautiful models are a thing of the past. The new bred of models are girls you wouldn't give a second glance at if you saw them walking down the street.

by Anonymousreply 101September 21, 2015 2:03 AM

[quote]But the only reason she is any of these things is because of her genetics. If she didn't have them she'd likely have wound up a shop girl.

And your point is? Without being genetically blessed EVERY model would only be a shop girl...duh.. This one hit the trifecta because she is ALSO sophisticated and smart. Most models are not.

by Anonymousreply 102September 25, 2015 9:36 AM

Adriana Lima is much more beautiful in the face. But she is a perfect example of someone whose gifts are 100% physical. She's dumber than a box of rocks. Her interviews are embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 103September 25, 2015 9:40 AM

Get her Taschen book for just $700

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104September 27, 2015 11:42 PM

Modeling is not about beauty, but dramatic features. We know people are attracted to big eyes and the faces of babies and small dogs.

by Anonymousreply 105September 27, 2015 11:55 PM

SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS?????

by Anonymousreply 106September 28, 2015 12:25 AM

Kate Upton has the weirdest body

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107September 28, 2015 12:48 AM

Why the hell did her arrogant, asshole, cheater husband kiss the Deflate-riots owners' cheek???

WTF was that about??

by Anonymousreply 108September 28, 2015 2:47 AM

Ask Cara..Rich parents Maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109September 28, 2015 2:57 AM

r47, I love that look. Kate Upton looks gorgeous there.

by Anonymousreply 110September 28, 2015 1:26 PM

R106 to be fair, 100% of the proceeds go to charity and the book is over 500 pages.

by Anonymousreply 111September 30, 2015 9:22 PM

Why did Tom Brady choose Giselle? Why does anyone think Brady is any more of a brain trust than she is?

While "getting" why Tom Brady is a heartthrob, he's not to me. It's the teensy, coin purse mouth.

by Anonymousreply 112October 4, 2015 10:45 PM

I think the model with the weirdest body is Alessandra Ambrosio. Every non-photoshopped image I've seen of her, her torso is much too long, and warped - stomach juts out (not from fat - I actually think because she's too thin) and her proportions are weird. Her legs are long enough to compensate, however. With models, I really think the whole deal is about the proportions of the whole, having a straight enough shoulder line, and the rest can be finessed with clothes or photoshop. And is not as common as people think or more people would be models.

I've seen tons of photos of Gia and while her face was very 1980s, I think Cindy Crawford had a prettier face.

by Anonymousreply 113October 4, 2015 10:48 PM

[quote]What's It All About? Bundchen?

I love that song!

by Anonymousreply 114October 4, 2015 10:49 PM

Cindy Crawford today is still prettier than Gisele.

by Anonymousreply 115October 4, 2015 11:00 PM

At least she has hooked up with good looking guys. I hate these models who hook up with fuggos, like most of them do.

by Anonymousreply 116October 4, 2015 11:13 PM

Was told runway models cannot have feminine curves, as it will distract the eye from the actual garments on display. Anyone who's body does not look like a board, even if she is thin, will tell you that there are many clothing styles that don't flatter her figure.

by Anonymousreply 117October 5, 2015 12:53 AM

Heidi Klum is prettier than Giselle, and has better legs.

by Anonymousreply 118October 5, 2015 1:01 AM

These days most Vogue covers feature actresses not models, Kim K has been on as well. Upton was on Vogue because of her celebrity status, not because she's high fasion. Actresses or other celebrities get the cosmetics contracts as well. There isn't that much work for the pretty faced models, who are not perfect cloths hangers.

by Anonymousreply 119October 5, 2015 2:20 AM

Izabel Goulart is Alessandra Ambrosio's prettiest twin

by Anonymousreply 120October 5, 2015 2:26 AM

bump for the person who just started a new thread asking the same question.

by Anonymousreply 121November 4, 2015 5:39 PM

I was never a fan until I heard she told her husband, Tom Brady, she'd cut him like a bitch, if she ever caught him messing around with other women again. Brady and Ben Affleck were both fucking around with Affleck's nanny.

by Anonymousreply 122January 18, 2016 4:09 PM

Late to the party but here's my 2 cents. 1) Gisele may be "mannish" but she has a unique star quality that shines through in her photos. She was my neighbor for a time in Boston. She may not be traditionally pretty, but she literally glows. 2) Tom Brady isn't much in person. Pretty plain and pastey. Never saw the appeal. Fun fact: they both smoke. 3) Paulina was also in the neighborhood with her husband Rick. She's very pretty but not as striking as Gisele. 4) As a baby gay I was at F.I.T. in Chelsea in the 80s'. One of my friends from home was model Esme Marshall. Through her I went to a lot of events and saw many of the top models up close. They're never what you expect. Kim Alexis had fat legs and cancels. Linda Evangelista was pretty but dikey and she was already fat for a model. Iman was tiny & Janis Dickinson was crazy even then. Carol Alt and Nancy Decker were the best looking of them all. Nice too.

I worked at a club called Xenon and saw most everybody. We hosted a lot of parties but model parties (Zoli, Casablanca & Ford) always made the best stories. Fun fact: Michael Schoeffling, then a Zoli model, was the first Calvin Klein underwear model, debuting the new line in a GQ spread. He now lives in Bucks County with his wife & daughters. He does high end custom cabinets & you wouldn't look twice at him these days.

by Anonymousreply 123January 18, 2016 6:53 PM

r123 I saw Michael Schoeffling's homemade furniture online. Pure crap.

by Anonymousreply 124January 18, 2016 7:19 PM

Models aren't always traditionally pretty or hot. So, the fact that there's "prettier" girls shouldn't be a surprise. She always looked fairly - model-y to me. Not ugly, not really hot, just "like a model" which encompasses a range of looks for women who are thin, have something "striking" about them and can wear clothes well.

by Anonymousreply 125January 18, 2016 7:25 PM

Yes [R124], the furniture isn't much. I"ve always admired Michael (never Mike) for walking away from everything before it wrecked him. Only a few of my circle got out unscathed.

He's very nice, a little simple and kind of shy. (his character in Mermaids wasn't acting) We met when we were both new to NYC & I was in because I knew a lot of hot girls. Yup, he's very, very straight but he's liberal & open .He was after my friend Esme for a while. Fun fact: Esme Marshall was the shampoo girl/receptionist at the salon I got my hair cut in high school. My fellow gaylings a FIT were very impressed. I'm still friendly with both.

by Anonymousreply 126January 18, 2016 7:52 PM

RITA TELLONE SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL. IN PERSON. I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HER IN FACT I THINK SHE DROPPED OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL THE FIRST WEEK THE LAST TIME I SAW HER WAS IN GYM CLASS AT NEWTOWN HIGH SCHOOL IN ELMHURST QUEENS NEW YORK CITY AND WE WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW WE BOTH HATED GYM AND SHE HAD SAID SHE HAD GOT A DOCTORS NOTE. TO GET OUT OF IT JANICE DICKINSON LOOKED LIKE HER BUT WAS NOT AS PRETTY THAT WAS WHY SHE WAS MORE SUCCESSFUL THE REALLY ATTRACTIVE GIRLS DONT MAKE IT. I WONDER WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE TODAY PATTI HANSEN WAS MY FAVORITE.

by Anonymousreply 127January 18, 2016 8:24 PM

I can't get over how fat Kate Upton's face is. Isn't beauty about bone structure? Eyes? She has the "average porn star" look - if a girl has a good body most straight men don't care about the face as long as it isn't hideous. I don't like her low brows/small squishy eye shape/eye squint. Can celebrities (male and female) stop with the fucking eye squint????

She does have a FANTASTIC nose however. She has a good smile. That wide mouth has to be good for something!

by Anonymousreply 128January 18, 2016 10:27 PM

Bundchen is sort of a mystery, but not she's not "beautiful." Plenty of models aren't really traditionally beautiful (though some obviously are). But, Bundchen doesn't even seem to be that weird sort of model attractive, does she?

by Anonymousreply 129March 21, 2016 4:29 AM

ScotBoston (if you're still around), you must have some [bold]stories[/bold]! More, please!

by Anonymousreply 130March 21, 2016 6:00 AM

Don't you idiots know it's not about "beauty"?!

It's about "BONE STRUCHA".!

And don't think bone strucha not IMPORTANT......

nobody started to call me "mam'selle" 'til I was 17 and gettin' a little bone strucha.!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 21, 2016 6:24 AM

She also keeps hubby Tom Brady in line too. He knows if he cheats, she'll have his balls for lunch. One tough lady.

by Anonymousreply 132March 21, 2016 12:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 21, 2016 12:52 PM

Gisele was never beautiful, but she was sexy with makeup on.

by Anonymousreply 134March 21, 2016 1:14 PM

she debuted at the right time, she has a great body, she was healthy and athletic. People got sick of heroine chic.

by Anonymousreply 135March 27, 2019 10:14 AM

Don't know if have stomach for another explanation. Did you see her knees, though? Recently.

Like a cat's asshole on each limb.🐈

by Anonymousreply 136March 27, 2019 11:27 AM

Cat's anus, people. THAT'S what they look like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 27, 2019 11:32 AM

She's a white Brazillian of good former Nazi, I mean German, stock. Of course the world will love her.

by Anonymousreply 138March 27, 2019 11:37 AM

R138, you're wanted on the Rosie/Elizabitch thread, hon. Report immediately

by Anonymousreply 139March 27, 2019 11:43 AM

R138, report to link (principal's office) 📢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 27, 2019 11:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 27, 2019 11:48 AM

yall missing the point, a models job is to get attention, it isnt about beauty, it is whether the model suits the designers aesthetic. Kate Moss was a great fit at ck.

by Anonymousreply 142March 27, 2019 1:01 PM

lily cole looks like a renaissance painting, bitch you dont get art.

by Anonymousreply 143March 27, 2019 1:05 PM

Modeling requires a certain set of performance skills. You have to be able to put over whatever concept the designer or photographer's trying to create. There's also a sort of desperation you have to have to put up with the unbelievably shitty work requirements. Most people who are beautiful enough to be models have better alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 144March 27, 2019 1:26 PM

what shitty work requirements

by Anonymousreply 145March 27, 2019 3:44 PM

I like Kendall, too. She has an Ali MacGraw quality.

And Giselle - yeah, never did anything for me.

by Anonymousreply 146March 27, 2019 3:46 PM

I have a cousin who has worked with her at Chanel. She's stunning in person and a genuinely nice and funny person. Whether or not she's strangling puppies the rest of the time, I have no idea, just going with what I know.

by Anonymousreply 147March 27, 2019 3:49 PM

We can judge for ourselves. Don't need to see in the flesh.

by Anonymousreply 148March 27, 2019 4:55 PM

kendall is very ali mcgraw esque, i dont like the katrashians based on principle, funny how she has a career, the fashion industry is so elitist and snobbish

by Anonymousreply 149March 27, 2019 4:59 PM

Anybody who thinks that runway models have to be pretty doesn’t understand modelling. They are, at the most basic level, walking coat hangers.

by Anonymousreply 150March 27, 2019 8:10 PM

R143 I get that Lily Cole has pretty, pre-Raphaelite hair. It’s her Kewpie doll features and especially her rat mouth I find repugnant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 28, 2019 3:35 AM

Remember when Madonna and Linda Hamilton changed the celebrated female look to "muscle upon muscle" in the early 90s? The look preceding that was soft and pouty . Hard to imagine how someone Lily Cole could adapt once the Amazonian look makes its inevitable return. Or even Kendall, as slovenly plays a part in the overall Kardashian brand.

by Anonymousreply 152March 28, 2019 3:56 AM

She has a great body, and she has interesting features.

by Anonymousreply 153March 28, 2019 4:14 AM

Reading this thread--damn, Kate Upton was sure a flash in the pan, haven't thought about her in years. In a weird way, though, she was kind of a precursor of Trumperism. Ivanka's a Kate-Upton wannabe, but with bolt-ons and surgery. Trump's so loathed by so many people, though, that the all-American blonde Barbie look is out of fashion right now. It will be back, this stuff always goes in waves.

by Anonymousreply 154March 28, 2019 4:47 AM

R46 a pretty and dull face.

by Anonymousreply 155March 28, 2019 5:43 AM

Did someone ask for ‘Pretty’?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 28, 2019 9:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!