Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Deja Vu.......Rioting In Ferguson, Again.

Burglaries, Robberies, Looting, Rock & Bottle Throwing, Possible Fire, and Shootings, Including an Officer-Involved Shooting, All Occuring on the One Year Anniversary of Michael "Big Mike" Brown's Death.

No Peace In Ferguson Tonight........

by Anonymousreply 163October 18, 2021 6:43 AM

they have a legit beef

by Anonymousreply 1August 10, 2015 4:48 AM

This is NOT the way to get the "Black Lives Matter" message across

by Anonymousreply 2August 10, 2015 4:54 AM

the latest video, the police shot a (black) guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3August 10, 2015 5:09 AM

It's all Bernie Sander's fault!

by Anonymousreply 4August 10, 2015 5:09 AM

Once again, Don Lemon has a reason to live. đŸ“č

by Anonymousreply 5August 10, 2015 5:16 AM

I'm on my way, people !

by Anonymousreply 6August 10, 2015 5:19 AM

Wow, that twitter pic makes it look like they shot Flat Stanley.

by Anonymousreply 7August 10, 2015 5:19 AM

Nothing much on the news.

by Anonymousreply 8August 10, 2015 5:28 AM

You won't catch me there, I don't care how many grocery stores they loot.

by Anonymousreply 9August 10, 2015 5:31 AM

The Gentle Giant must be remembered. We need to support the uprising.

by Anonymousreply 10August 10, 2015 5:32 AM

Click. Click. Click.

by Anonymousreply 11August 10, 2015 5:37 AM

I stole a box of swisher sweets and beat the hell out of an elderly Korean shop keeper to celebrate Big Mike Day

by Anonymousreply 12August 10, 2015 5:38 AM

Has Frank Gifford commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 13August 10, 2015 5:38 AM

I hope that all the liquor stores, nail salons and wig shops weren't torched during this week's angry-about-something march. We need to save something to burn next week so that the public doesn't lose inter...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

by Anonymousreply 14August 10, 2015 5:41 AM

A few lootings were reported through the night and windows to some store fronts were smashed. Paul Hampel, a reporter for the St Louis Post-Dispatch, was assaulted and robbed by looters minutes after reporting on their actions on Twitter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 10, 2015 5:47 AM

What beef, r1 ? Where's the beef?

by Anonymousreply 16August 10, 2015 6:25 AM

But didn't you all just know there would be something happening on the anniversary? The attention-starved never let up.

by Anonymousreply 17August 10, 2015 6:27 AM

No jobs. Shitty housing. Shitty barely accredited or unaccredited impoverished public schools that fail them just as their stupid parents and broken families do. Produce "gentle giants" like that potty mouthed, petty thieving dirt bag who didn't deserve to die but was deluded that he had any future whatsoever, and was about to go to a for profit shit "college" i.e. trade school that would leave him in debt and unemployed, to repeat the cycle. That's their beef if they are honest.

by Anonymousreply 18August 10, 2015 6:30 AM

And they solve the problem by burning the city down, with a serving of looting and robbery on the side? I guess they think it worked, cause they're doing it again.

by Anonymousreply 19August 10, 2015 6:36 AM

[quote]No jobs. Shitty housing. Shitty barely accredited or unaccredited impoverished public schools

This is exactly the excuse they'll use to justify this.

by Anonymousreply 20August 10, 2015 7:00 AM

I wonder if this will turn out to be a store owner.

A body could be seen on West Florissant Avenue and a young woman screamed that her brother had been shot. Multiple store windows were smashed and police stood atop vehicles surveying the scene.

Protesters fall to the ground to take cover after shots were fired in a police-officer involved shoo 

Merchants, some armed, stood guard outside their businesses early Monday after the incident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 10, 2015 7:08 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22August 10, 2015 7:21 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 10, 2015 7:22 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 10, 2015 7:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 10, 2015 7:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 10, 2015 7:27 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 10, 2015 7:28 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 10, 2015 7:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 10, 2015 7:29 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 10, 2015 7:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 10, 2015 7:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 10, 2015 7:32 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 10, 2015 7:32 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34August 10, 2015 7:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 10, 2015 7:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36August 10, 2015 7:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 10, 2015 7:35 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38August 10, 2015 7:36 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 10, 2015 7:36 AM

If I had a store there and they burned it down. I wouldn't rebuild. There is no reason to.

by Anonymousreply 40August 10, 2015 8:00 AM

Seriously? One link to the DailMail article would have sufficed.

by Anonymousreply 41August 10, 2015 8:07 AM

Why are they honoring the death of a kid who, if he had done what the cop asked, would be alive today. Same for Eric Gardner on Staten Island who refused to be handcuffed. When a cop gives an order, you have no room for negotiation.

by Anonymousreply 42August 10, 2015 10:54 AM

This was probably a well planned summer activity. When will they ever learn?

by Anonymousreply 43August 10, 2015 11:59 AM

There isn't a cop on this earth who is going to allow a young thug of any color to put a bullet in him, if he can possibly avoid it. Young kids today just keep getting dumber and dumber. And their parental role models aren't exactly shinin examples of how to live an exemplary life. It's gonna get a lot worse.

by Anonymousreply 44August 10, 2015 12:08 PM

[R45] all we had in our city were a few lawn concerts and a "Movie in the Park". What I really wanted was a free case of Orange Crush and a no-name 19 inch LCD TV.

by Anonymousreply 45August 10, 2015 12:19 PM

I expected things to actually be much worse. But then again, it's just the beginning of the week..............

by Anonymousreply 46August 10, 2015 2:27 PM

The Annual Ferguson Memorial Summer Carnival

by Anonymousreply 47August 10, 2015 4:03 PM

[quote]There isn't a cop on this earth who is going to allow a young thug of any color to put a bullet in him, if he can possibly avoid it.

The victims have all been unarmed.

If these white cops would stop being so clearly intimidated and afraid of black men, this wouldn't happen. And it's insulting to all the good cops who don't have these insecurities and major hang-ups.

And when did they stop the fitness requirement to be a police officer? The one that got trouble this weekend was practically obese. There should be a requirement that no one over 250 lbs will be considered.

by Anonymousreply 48August 10, 2015 4:14 PM

So sick of the "cops are shooting for NO REASON/BECAUSE THEY'RE RACIST" fucking bullshit.

If cops were all really so trigger happy then there would have been dozens of fatalities in Baltimore earlier this year. For the record, you can be "unarmed" and still kill someone with metal pipes, rocks, bricks etc. ... no guns or knives are required.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49August 10, 2015 4:18 PM

Its been one year since Fat Mike died? Time moves so fast. I guess God needed another angel. That's the only explanation...

by Anonymousreply 50August 10, 2015 4:29 PM

So throwing rocks and bottles don't count as weapons, r49. Not to mention the officers who were maced. Or the two gangs who were literally having a shootout. Breaking storefront windows, looting, setting fires, and beating others, that's okay, too. My R49, don't you live in a fair and pretty world.

by Anonymousreply 51August 10, 2015 4:51 PM

R50, you made me giggle. 😾

by Anonymousreply 52August 10, 2015 4:53 PM

R48, you mean like the unarmed thug that shot first last night? Is THAT what you mean by ALL have been unarmed?

by Anonymousreply 53August 10, 2015 4:54 PM

It seems you misunderstood my post R51

by Anonymousreply 54August 10, 2015 4:56 PM

There "peaceful" protestors were looking for trouble.

by Anonymousreply 55August 10, 2015 4:56 PM

Gentle giants:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 10, 2015 4:59 PM

Apologies to R49. My post was intended for R48.

But I'm sure R48 knew that.

by Anonymousreply 57August 10, 2015 5:00 PM

I'm not wasting my time debating any of this. It isn't worth it.

Cops are working for the public. They want respect, then they give it in return. Fortunately most of the cops understand this. The cretinous thugs you're intent on defending don't.

by Anonymousreply 58August 10, 2015 5:09 PM

More protests are planned for today. It could be a very long week in Ferguson.

by Anonymousreply 59August 10, 2015 5:12 PM

Best Tweet so far...

It was dark, and the officers were in plain clothes. #TyroneHarris most likely had no idea he was shooting at officers,

by Anonymousreply 60August 10, 2015 5:17 PM

Another riot, goodness I guess it is time to self destruct and blame it on police. What happened to peaceful protest.

by Anonymousreply 61August 10, 2015 5:32 PM

The racism here is astoundingly stupid.

by Anonymousreply 62August 10, 2015 5:40 PM

So is yours, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63August 10, 2015 5:45 PM

So in other words, R60, they really don't care who they shoot, as long as they shoot someone. How sporting!

by Anonymousreply 64August 10, 2015 5:49 PM

ACT UP worked because the bureaucracies it took on did not really CARE about hating gays. It did not work on the Catholics because making people feel guilty about sexuality is their chief source of funds.

Ditto, this. Street actions will not work on Ferguson because the salaries of the police are paid by extortion against minorities in the community. People whose livelihoods are on the line cannot be shamed by a street protest. This is a political problem that needs to be handled by taking over the County government and putting the screws to Ferguson.

by Anonymousreply 65August 10, 2015 7:08 PM

Here's a new trend in minority neighbourhoods: "de-policing".

[quote]West Baltimore’s Police Presence Drops, and Murders Soar

[quote]A month and a half after six officers were charged in Mr. Gray’s death, policing has dwindled in some of Baltimore’s most dangerous neighborhoods, and murders have risen to levels not seen in four decades. The totals include a 29-year-old man fatally shot on this drug corner last month. Police union officials say that officers are still coming to work, but that some feel a newfound reluctance and are stepping back, questioning whether they will be prosecuted for actions they take on the job.

Hope all the protesters are happy now, they're getting what they wanted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66August 10, 2015 11:14 PM

Dodge City

by Anonymousreply 67August 10, 2015 11:20 PM

About an hour ago, at a downtown Houston train station, I witnessed a black man demanding that the two cops on the platform with him arrest him. One cop was telling to act like a grown up, shut up and go home. On the pavement nearby, a cop on horseback was keeping an eye on things. Mostly I was amazed they had the energy to argue. It's like 108 F with the heat index. The black man looked to be in his 50s and decently dressed. He was speaking coherently, even if demanding to be arrested is not a smart thing to do. I have no idea what started it all, but the man claimed that he had been held there half an hour for no good reason and wanted them to go ahead and arrest him right now. Unpleasant, but not violent. Definitely not a good sign for local tension level.

by Anonymousreply 68August 10, 2015 11:24 PM

R68: sounds like that fool was trying to provoke his way to martyrdom

by Anonymousreply 69August 10, 2015 11:29 PM

"Yay! We get to burn down our neighborhoods, terrify our neighbors, and injure or kill each other accidentally!"

by Anonymousreply 70August 10, 2015 11:31 PM

"police officers shouldn't be so intimidated by black men!!" - * black men demonstrate how nonthreatening they really are *

by Anonymousreply 71August 10, 2015 11:37 PM

A State of Emergency has been declared in Ferguson.

Who needs to wait until the weekend when you can riot all day, every day?

by Anonymousreply 72August 10, 2015 11:40 PM

Why can't we all get along? 🌝 🌚

by Anonymousreply 73August 10, 2015 11:42 PM

TNB tonight!!! stay inside and grab some popcorn

by Anonymousreply 74August 11, 2015 12:26 AM

I don't care anymore.

by Anonymousreply 75August 11, 2015 12:29 AM

Michael Brown was a violent thug who was a danger to society and headed for the penal system. The whole 'gentle giant' thing is nauseating. He was no loss to society.

by Anonymousreply 76August 11, 2015 12:57 AM

Low IQ people can not process that summation, R76. In fact, what parent could hear that and process it? Thus the gentle giant myth.

by Anonymousreply 77August 11, 2015 1:12 AM

Just remove all the cops from that area. If they don't want cops around, fine. Let's see how that works out for them.

by Anonymousreply 78August 11, 2015 1:30 AM

[quote] Just remove all the cops from that area. If they don't want cops around, fine. Let's see how that works out for them.

Just out of curiosity what level of criminal activity do we have to tolerate from police officers?

by Anonymousreply 79August 11, 2015 1:34 AM

I'm glad I don't live around black people.

by Anonymousreply 80August 11, 2015 1:48 AM

Maybe it all boils down to too many people with shitty educations, untrained minds, and no living-wage jobs available. No future, high incarceration. Bitterness. Anger. Envy. Hopelessness. Depression and/or mental illnesses. Mistrust between marginalised communities and the establishment including the police. Bad policing. Anti-social citizenry.

Anyone even begin to have a solution? Especially for the living wage employment?

by Anonymousreply 81August 11, 2015 1:49 AM

R66 So the police decide to act like petulant children and stop doing their job. And you think that's admirable how?

All of them who deliberately refuse to police those areas in Baltimore should be immediately fired and stripped of their badges. Ditto the higher ups who agree to this sort of stupidity. Can them all and start importing people from other areas until you can get things going again. They work for the public, and they're going out their way NOT to do their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 82August 11, 2015 1:56 AM

R76, rocks!!!!

by Anonymousreply 83August 11, 2015 1:57 AM

R82: I nominate you to be the first volunteer in the righteous citizen brigade to replace the petulant cops

by Anonymousreply 84August 11, 2015 1:58 AM

r84, exactly!!!

by Anonymousreply 85August 11, 2015 2:00 AM

R79 Those cops want people to bow to them and kiss their rings (of course, you'd have to maneuver around the beer gut to get to it). Anything less in insulting.

These assholes need to be fired. The problem is that they have no other skills. These are the same ones that milk the disability system when they don't feel like working anymore. So they get a full pension with a nice disability payments while they sit home, drink alcohol all day, and abuse painkillers.

by Anonymousreply 86August 11, 2015 2:02 AM

Yeah, R81, and it starts at home -- personal responsibility. Followed by education -- education through 12th grade is one of the few free things in our society, so take advantage of it.

by Anonymousreply 87August 11, 2015 2:09 AM

Yes, let's turn all of these predators who are 'gentle giants' 'trying to turn their lives around' into victims and saints. Great pr move from Jesse 'I Has A Scheme' Jackson.

One problem is that too often they've cried wolf & so no one gives a shit anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 11, 2015 3:59 AM

[quote]One problem is that too often they've cried wolf & so no one gives a shit anymore.

Yes, it reminds me of The First 48 where it seems like EVERYONE involved---whether murder victim, suspect or witness---has an idiotic street name and a rap sheet a mile long. Are we really supposed to assume that every black man shot by police was just innocently minding his own business at the time? Please. I'm sure it happens that way occasionally and when it does the officers should be punished, but based on all the most widely publicized cases it's really fucking rare.

by Anonymousreply 89August 11, 2015 4:59 AM

honestly I think a lot of people just don't care, "thank god they are not in my town, they are not in my neighborhood and we would like to keep it this way..." it's like living in two different worlds that rarely meet each other.

by Anonymousreply 90August 11, 2015 5:08 AM

r90 I agree. And it's not just white people either, but Asians, Latinos etc. There's a sense of hopelessness that things are never going to change and people are just like "fuck it, I give up. I don't want to live near them and I just don't care what the fuck they do anymore." There's a sense that people have lost patience and are just not sympathetic anymore.

by Anonymousreply 91August 11, 2015 5:19 AM

How many of the agitators were bused in and paid to be there? Paid Protesters had to sue the George Soros company that created Operation Wall Street to get their wages, some as high as $5,000 each.

by Anonymousreply 92August 11, 2015 11:28 AM

Anyone ever rode the Red Line of the MetroLink west of DeBalivere Station to the airport? Real scary, especially at night. Too many "gentle giants" like Michael Brown with nothing better to do than cause trouble.

Dangerous thugs don't have to be bused in from anywhere, R92. They're all hanging out at the Hanley Road station with their droopy drawers, concealed hand guns and baby mommas in tow.

by Anonymousreply 93August 11, 2015 11:54 AM

Michael Brown's behavior is a sign of the times. And I am personally sick and tired of all the excuses made for these criminal thugs. "Good kids" don't behave this badly. And the parent's shouting outrage and injustice......where where they when these gentle giants were growing up? And how exactly were they raised?

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2015 12:40 PM

I am sure Obama and probably Michelle helping, had to think long and hard about what Obama and Eric Holder should say and do, after seeing this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2015 12:55 PM

Photoshopped, but this is EXACTLY how these idiots think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2015 12:58 PM

R96 A picture is indeed worth a thousand words !

by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2015 1:31 PM

Many of us grew up in households with two working parents who had to struggle to provide for them families. We didn't have much, and we knew we would have to work hard to get somewhere in life.

And we certainly didn't turn out like bastards .

by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2015 1:35 PM

These "children" didn't turn into thugs overnight. Why didn't their "loving" parents even take a little time to notice what was happening at home under their own roof?

Home.......isn't that where it all starts?

by Anonymousreply 99August 11, 2015 1:41 PM

Police Shootings About Class as Well as Race

by Jesse Jackson

After three days of peaceful demonstrations marking the one year anniversary of Michael Brown’s fatal shooting in Ferguson, Mo., yet another African-American man was shot by police there. While the facts are still unclear, the tragedy will surely add to the national protests challenging our racially biased structures of criminal injustice.

A week earlier, a young, unarmed man was shot to death by a police officer in Seneca, South Carolina. Only this young man was not black, but white.

According to CNN, Zachary Hammond was fatally shot while in a Hardee’s parking lot. He was 19 years old and on a date. The police officer was conducting a drug investigation and claims that he shot Hammond in self-defense when the unarmed teenager drove his car at him. A small amount of marijuana was found in the front passenger compartment. Police said the target of the investigation was not Hammond but his date. An independent autopsy showed, however, that Hammond was shot in the back, not the front, contradicting the official story. “He was a 19-year-old, 121-pound kid killed basically for a joint,” the family attorney Eric Bland said.

CNN reported that if this had been an African-American victim, it would have received national attention. That is true now, but only because an active movement of demonstrators have made it so. In fact, virtually the only protests to Hammond’s death were issued by #BlackLivesMatter activists on social media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 11, 2015 10:33 PM

Mass Arrest of Black Children for Protesting Police Violence, Birmingham, Alabama, May 4, 1963.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 11, 2015 10:36 PM

So, the "unarmed" kid was armed, shot first and they have video. His two friends and father insisted he didn't have a gun and was running toward the cops to get help. Opps.

by Anonymousreply 102August 11, 2015 11:19 PM

As a black female I am tired of hearing black people making excuses for bad behavior, not all police officer are racist. They make it seem like the cops are out there hunting black people for sports. most blacks have an habit of jumping into conclusion without knowing all the facts. I want to see how some black activists and people online are gonna spin the new revelation that the boy fired a gun at the cops.

by Anonymousreply 103August 11, 2015 11:33 PM

The same way it happened with Antonio Martin r103. Shot when without provocation he draws and points a loaded 9mm at a police officer. Outrage! He was just a kid, didn't do anything wrong! He was turning his life around! Surveillance footage shows the whole thing exactly matches the police version, mommy still claims her innocent unarmed boy was shot in the back while running away from a racist cop. For some people victimhood status is always the default, no matter what evidence is shown to them.

There's actual racism enough in every walk of life and in every ethnicity, imagining it to be the raison d'ĂȘtre behind everything is crying wolf, people just aren't listening anymore. Had enough of the spectacularly ridiculous posturing and violence.

by Anonymousreply 104August 12, 2015 12:03 AM

whites, hispanics and Asians are SICK OF BLACKS!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 105August 12, 2015 12:18 AM

Blacks are sick of the black underclass, too.

by Anonymousreply 106August 12, 2015 12:24 AM

They are r106 but any normal black person who voices opposition to this behavior is called an Uncle Tom. Most black people I know are appalled at it. There is a problem but this isn't how to fix it. It's actively being made worse by these numbskulls.

by Anonymousreply 107August 12, 2015 12:46 AM

I feel that most with a decent IQ and/or a functioning family got out of the underclass, and this situation now is very stubborn.

by Anonymousreply 108August 12, 2015 12:56 AM

[quote]Police Shootings About Class as Well as Race

So much in this country is about class, but the rich and powerful use race as a wedge to keep the poor divided and acting against their own interests. Read "All Souls". I grew up very much like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109August 12, 2015 1:04 AM

[quote]I feel that most with a decent IQ and/or a functioning family got out of the underclass

None of the middle-class black people I know live in black neighborhoods. They prefer to live among whites.

by Anonymousreply 110August 12, 2015 1:10 AM

We've had seven murder in our town of 80,000 people this past July. Every murder was committed by a black teen, ages ranging from fourteen to seventeen. Where were the parents? But equally important, where did they get the guns.

And families are crying the blues because every one of their " good baby boys" will be tried as an adult.

And BTW, their victims were all Teens between the ages of fifteen and eighteen.

by Anonymousreply 111August 12, 2015 1:12 AM

I am the one who said this, above: I feel that most with a decent IQ and/or a functioning family got out of the underclass, and this situation now is very stubborn.

And I wanted to add that I don't say it out of racism or out of blaming the victim in so far as any underclass is generally victimised by lack of equal opportunity.

I think what is missing are good jobs, and good schools. There is too much hopelessness. If people had jobs with liveable salaries and health care and a modicum of financial stability, maybe families wouldn't be a mess.

People with smarts and/or good families get out of poor white trash underclass as well.

by Anonymousreply 112August 12, 2015 1:33 AM

No one is setting up shop in a shithole like Ferguson to employ animals. No one is going to pay high taxes to afford good schools in a shithole like Ferguson to educate animals. They are their own worst enemy and are too stupid to realize it. Left to their own devices look at what's happened in a year. Absolutely nothing. No one owes them anything. It is hopeless, because each generation is sitting around waiting for a free ride instead of trying to make something of their community and themselves. I pity them and thank God I'm no where near that ghastly shithole.

by Anonymousreply 113August 12, 2015 2:09 AM

Blacks need to take some fucking responsibility !!!

by Anonymousreply 114August 12, 2015 2:11 AM

Here is Watts on the 50th anniversary of the 1965 riots:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115August 12, 2015 2:17 AM

This is getting tiresome, they are losing allies. Peacefully protest as MLK would have done.

by Anonymousreply 116August 12, 2015 2:23 AM

Common sense is settling in. "Hands up, don't shoot" was proven to be bs and even the most sympathetic are growing tired of a complete lack of accountability.

by Anonymousreply 117August 12, 2015 2:41 AM

r117, Not Sally Kohn!!!

by Anonymousreply 118August 12, 2015 2:49 AM

'Oath Keepers' with rifles roam among Ferguson protesters, raising concerns

As protests in Ferguson continued on a sweat-soaked Missouri night, at least three men openly carrying assault rifles approached the south end of West Florissant Avenue -- and began to attract a crowd themselves.

The men wore "Oath Keepers" hats and desert camouflage, declined to identify themselves and it was unclear whether police officers had questioned their armed presence.

One man, who declined to give his name, told a Los Angeles Times reporter that he was part of a group protecting the Constitution and reporters for the website Infowars.com.

Inforwars.com said Tuesday that members of Oath Keepers were protecting businesses and were with their reporters Tuesday, but were not hired for protection.

"The Oath Keepers went to Ferguson on their own without consulting with Infowars," said an article on the website, run by conspiracy-oriented Texas radio host Alex Jones.

One of the armed men, who identified himself only as John, told a Times reporter that he lives in southwest Missouri and “we’re here to show that carrying arms is a right, and we have that right.”

St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar told NBC News that the Oath Keepers' presence was “both unnecessary and inflammatory.”

The display of firearms was unsettling to many among some 200 demonstrators who had converged on Florrisant Avenue beginning Monday night.

Protests continued into the early morning hours Tuesday, a day after the first anniversary of the police shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed black 18-year-old.

Late Sunday, protests grew violent with rock throwing, break-ins at at least one business, and a gun battle that left one man critically wounded by police after authorities said he fired on undercover officers.

Monday was far more peaceful, with only occasional skirmishes and bottle throwing that ended when police used pepper spray on protesters.

The Oath Keepers' St. Louis chapter says on Facebook that it is composed of “current and formerly serving military, police, and citizens who pledge to fulfill the oath to defend the Constitution.”

A small cadre of Black Lives Matter protesters approached the men and demanded to know whether they were at the protest to incite a riot.

They noted that a line of more than 40 helmeted police officers stood across West Florissant Avenue watching 100 or more protesters, while the men openly carrying weapons were left undisturbed.

“The police leave you alone, you’re white, what about if I ... carried a gun out there?” asked one black protester.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 12, 2015 3:23 AM

Oh, that whole Oath Keeper shit will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 120August 12, 2015 3:31 AM

R14....Love your post and so, so true.

by Anonymousreply 121August 12, 2015 3:37 AM

The rest of the world is just fed up. They cause a lot of their own problems, it has nothing to do with white people.

by Anonymousreply 122August 12, 2015 3:56 AM

[quote]So much in this country is about class, but the rich and powerful use race as a wedge to keep the poor divided and acting against their own interests. Read "All Souls". I grew up very much like this.

I got news for you: most countries, cultures have divisions within be it by religion, class status, background etc....

by Anonymousreply 123August 12, 2015 3:58 AM

[quote]I got news for you: most countries, cultures have divisions within be it by religion, class status, background etc....

I have news for you. The US was founded on the principle that "all men are created equal." We have tried to expand ghat to include women, non-whites, gays, etc. Many of us still believe in that principle.

by Anonymousreply 124August 12, 2015 4:09 AM

R124

I'm sorry to ask but what's your point vs. the previous quote ?

by Anonymousreply 125August 12, 2015 4:13 AM

The US should be a place where all the Old World (now Third World and Asian) bullshit is left behind and we "are judged by the content of our character, and not the color of our skin." Please replace "skin" with sexual orientation, gender and whatever else fits.

by Anonymousreply 126August 12, 2015 4:21 AM

R126

You think that the majority of the rest of this world is that much more advanced than us ?

by Anonymousreply 127August 12, 2015 4:26 AM

Nothing I posted implied the majority of the rest of the world is more advanced than us.

by Anonymousreply 128August 12, 2015 4:31 AM

Ummm, but you did R128 in your post at R126. What's left after old world, "third world" and Asia in your geography book?

by Anonymousreply 129August 12, 2015 4:47 AM

Thank you 129

by Anonymousreply 130August 12, 2015 4:48 AM

I had heard a news story this morning that the Oathkeepers were comprised of former military and law enforcement personnel. As far as I'm concerned, let them stay there to keep the peace. I'm sure plenty of officers are glad to have them around.

by Anonymousreply 131August 12, 2015 4:50 AM

No problem, R129. I take it that the poor, dear child doesn't travel much or even watch world news.

by Anonymousreply 132August 12, 2015 4:53 AM

No one wants to take responsibility for their actions. Parents never seem to be around, yet they always have an excuse for their baby's bad behavior, so the little darlings just keep on committing crimes and popping out babies.

Go ahead and laugh......... There were 548 people in my graduating class from public high school. Out of that number, only two senior girls were pregnant. Respect, fear, and responsibility were a huge part of our lives. For every irresponsible act there were consequences. And you faced them. And you learned.

by Anonymousreply 133August 12, 2015 4:56 AM

When I was in high school, pregnant girls disappeared from high school. Once their pregnancies were discovered they weren't allowed to attend school.

by Anonymousreply 134August 12, 2015 5:00 AM

In my day: you drank, you had a little something on the side, you dealt with life...

by Anonymousreply 135August 12, 2015 5:02 AM

50 year anniversary of the Watt's riots? Even after all this time the place is still a shithole and will always be a shithole. Ferguson is the new shithole. Trillions have been spent on the war on poverty and nothing has changed or will change until the family is fixed. People in these communities need to have some serious self-reflection to see what the mess is they continue to perpetuate. Playing the victim all the time is getting old.

by Anonymousreply 136August 12, 2015 5:06 AM

[quote]As a black female

Anna, you're not a black female, you're a caricature of a black woman that was created on DL, practically by committee. And you're not the original Anna, either -- that person was coherent and entertaining and knew they were playing a character. You? You're just crazy.

As for all the "blah blah thugs blah blah gentle giant blah blah saggy pants and baby mommas" nonsense, my experience from back when we had trolldar was that these were people who almost never posted on any other threads. They're drawn to these threads so they can make racist statements, and their policy is always "I can see into the future and know that our country is better off with this black guy dead."

It's ridiculous to give undereducated police officers the power to execute someone based on assumptions, but the people who flock to these threads love it.

So many of you on these threads act like absolute morons, and yet you think you're the smartest guys in the room.

by Anonymousreply 137August 12, 2015 5:07 AM

Mom mom is from a real hard core Italian family. She told us if a girl got pregnant she got shipped off to relatives, and didn't return for a couple of years, and , returned with a baby. The story was told that she married a serviceman while she was away, got pregnant immediately, but sadly,her husband was killed in the war, and she was now a widow with a young babe. Everyone knew the truth, but no one dared say anything. At least not in public.

by Anonymousreply 138August 12, 2015 5:10 AM

R137 believes he's the brightest bulb on the tree. 🎄

by Anonymousreply 139August 12, 2015 5:14 AM

Well, R137, I can't go to my porn threads anymore because the DL quite unhelpfully shows what threads I looked are currently active. And any active poster knew their way around trolldar so they weren't stalked on other threads by people like you.

by Anonymousreply 140August 12, 2015 5:14 AM

What part of "The US should be a place where all the Old World (now Third World and Asian) BULLSHIT is left behind" did you not understand? How does this imply the rest of the world is more advanced?

It's too late and I'm too tired.

by Anonymousreply 141August 12, 2015 5:59 AM

Next time, construct your post before washing down your handful of pills with your pint of turpentine

by Anonymousreply 142August 12, 2015 6:01 AM

That's the plot to "Buona Sara, Mrs. Campbell" isn't it, R138?

by Anonymousreply 143August 12, 2015 10:59 AM

It's Buona SERA, Mrs. Campbell. And I've never seen the movie.

I'm speaking about the reality of life in Little Italy.

by Anonymousreply 144August 12, 2015 8:22 PM

To poster 137, I am an actual black female dumbass, you know all black people don't think alike. I have a right to disagree with most blacks on social issues. I believe in personal responsibility and I am not even a Republican. Who the hell do you think you are to tell me how to think, you need to have more than several seats somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 145August 12, 2015 10:33 PM

Good answer.

by Anonymousreply 146August 12, 2015 10:52 PM

Somebody please notify security, and have someone escort r137 to his car before someone gives him what he deserves. And I'm not talking about a history lesson. 👼

by Anonymousreply 147August 12, 2015 10:57 PM

@LosFelizDaycare Aug 9

We will not support or give into the cultural appropriation of that "Straight Outta" meme. Plus we're all just citizens of Planet Earth.

by Anonymousreply 148August 13, 2015 5:29 AM

I guess it is either quiet now, or the press has decamped to wait for riots in theaters showing that straight outta compton movie

by Anonymousreply 149August 14, 2015 5:00 AM

Wtf is r137 talking about?

by Anonymousreply 150February 27, 2021 8:27 PM

Why is R150 bumping a 5 1/2 year old thread??????

by Anonymousreply 151February 27, 2021 8:40 PM

The 2015-thread-bumping troll is at it again.

by Anonymousreply 152February 27, 2021 8:48 PM

I already have R150 blocked.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153February 27, 2021 9:42 PM

lol r153 what is that picture?

by Anonymousreply 154October 17, 2021 4:14 AM

R153 She is seen as beautiful woman in old country.

by Anonymousreply 155October 17, 2021 4:53 AM

Bellagio horror!

by Anonymousreply 156October 17, 2021 5:04 AM

R155 which country would that be?

by Anonymousreply 157October 17, 2021 5:06 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158October 17, 2021 5:14 AM

R150 is Troll 5846 and Davida/Defacto admitted that was one of her accounts. You can guarantee that the current accounts bumping this thread are also hers.

Can you imagine the spreadsheets Davida must have with the URLs of all these 2015 threads and notes on whether they can still be bumped now or not? You can't manage this kind of fuckery with just bookmarks and a good memory.

by Anonymousreply 159October 17, 2021 9:44 AM

Ah yes, r154 is Davida, also started the "Clinton Body Bags" thread.

by Anonymousreply 160October 17, 2021 9:47 AM

R159

1. I’m not davida

2. You weren’t paying attention. I revealed in another thread how I keep track of them.

by Anonymousreply 161October 18, 2021 2:20 AM

R52 of this thread explains how I keep track. Much easier than spreadsheets or bookmarks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162October 18, 2021 2:22 AM

R157 Beautiful country of Boristan. President always right, press bad. đŸ€Ą

by Anonymousreply 163October 18, 2021 6:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!