Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Annie Lennox ruined Christmas

I just listened to her new Christmas album and I think I'm going to have to go on anti-depressants. It's dire.%0D %0D I wish that woman would just stop.

by Anonymousreply 184November 13, 2020 6:28 PM

She's a gigantic horse cunt

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2010 2:24 PM

I too was hugely disppointed, and the incessant pounding of the drum throughout half the songs gave me a headache.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2010 2:24 PM

Oh no. Don't tell me she does Little Drummer Boy, R2.

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2010 2:27 PM

I love her but I sampled that album and what R2 said is right, there appears to be slow, almost funeralesque drum pounding throughout.

Lennox reminds me a lot of Natalie Merchant, incredibly talented but she lets her own neurosis get in the way and most of her stuff is just one big downer.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2010 2:30 PM

she's great, and a very appropriate person to address on world AIDS day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2010 2:32 PM

She's a grim thing, that Annie Lennox.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2010 2:36 PM

I have to tip my hat to her for ruining Xmas for the likes of OP.

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2010 2:36 PM

She sang "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" on the Rock Center Xmas show.%0D %0D It was good for a minute, then the incessant drum pounding continued...and continued...and continued until the last note.%0D %0D Horrific.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2010 2:48 PM

It's a very odd arrangement of the Coventry Carol.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2010 3:01 PM

Whenever they interview the woman she comes off like Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2010 3:02 PM

Yeah - She sang The Coventry Carol on the Rockefeller Center show last night and was deadly serious and frightning.%0D %0D OK the song is not the happiest one out there and does have a serious tone - but still.%0D She was frightning.%0D %0D Al Roker introduced the song as "Luli, Luli"%0D Said real fast and happy!! JOY! and then cut to the dirge that Annie sang. My mouth hung open.

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2010 3:03 PM

LOL R11!

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2010 3:07 PM

Only on DL someone who does more charity work in a day than all of you who bash here her do in a whole year would be called a cunt. Say what you will of her music, but as a person of conviction and passion she is as genuine as they get.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2010 3:21 PM

Pull your righteous indignation out of your ass, R13. No one is saying she isn't a selfless humanitarian and an angel on earth.%0D %0D We're just saying her music makes us want to kill ourselves. The album is dreary.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2010 3:25 PM

Oh and BTW, what charity work does she do, exactly? Besides promoting her albums and concerts at various events, that is.%0D

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2010 3:27 PM

[quote]Oh and BTW, what charity work does she do, exactly?

I love how uninformed you are and yet you have such a negative attitude, R14/15. It makes sense.

There are plenty of resources on line where you can check Lennox's charity record. I would list some of her work, but you sound like an ass, so I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 16December 1, 2010 3:37 PM

Yeah, her emotional range lately goes from maudlin to woebegone. It's as if that song "Why?" became the only mood she does now and forever.

I miss sassy Annie Lennox.

by Anonymousreply 17December 1, 2010 3:40 PM

The whole point of the album is that it's not supposed to be your traditional run of Christmas standards. She recorded it with a choir of African children and tribal drums. Most of her charity work focuses on Africa and AIDS crisis there. What did you expect? Chirpy renditions of Feliz Navidad and Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer?

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2010 3:43 PM

She looks very much like my aunt, an 81 year-old nun. I'm not kidding. Maybe not so much in the photo on the cover of this disc, which is HILARIOUS, and egregiously false advertising, but otherwise a dead ringer for Sister Aunt, a not-terribly humorless nun with that weird butch haircut.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2010 3:48 PM

That's exactly why I like her Xmas album. Go back to jessica Simpson, OP

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2010 3:51 PM

r1, grow up. And learn to censor your ignorant, unfunny thoughts before you post them.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2010 3:51 PM

The Aimee Mann xmas album is even more depressing.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2010 3:52 PM

[quote]The whole point of the album is that it's not supposed to be your traditional run of Christmas standards. %0D %0D How novel. So instead it's the traditional run of revamped Christmas standards played only be longtime irony-deprived NPR subscribers. Thank god for Annie the iconoclast.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2010 3:54 PM

"Xmas on XanaX" the new cd from Annie LennoX.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2010 3:54 PM

"Yule Be Sorry" the new cd from Annie Lennox.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2010 4:01 PM

"It's Christmas and African people are poor and have AIDS and that's really sad" by Annie Lennox.

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2010 4:06 PM

R18, it's full of UK Christmas standards. All of the tracks will be sung in Carol concerts across Britain.

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2010 4:07 PM

One listen to Taylor Swift's "Silent Night" and you'll never again complain about anybody's rendition of any other carol. Swift proved she can't carry a tune in a bucket -- and the engineers didn't bother to tweak it.

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2010 4:53 PM

She doesn't strike me as a very Christmassy person, so this is probably just a marketing exercise for her, and she will probably treat it with her usual self-importance - like Streisand.

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2010 6:03 PM

I adore Annie, but releasing a Christmas album is akin to releasing an album of children's music or lullabies. It indicates creative stagnation.

But she was truly an icon for me during my '80s childhood, scary androgyny and all, and I will always love her.

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2010 6:32 PM

[quote]There are plenty of resources on line where you can check Lennox's charity record. I would list some of her work, but you sound like an ass, so I'll pass.%0D %0D In other words, you don't know.

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2010 6:36 PM

[quote]She doesn't strike me as a very Christmassy person%0D %0D What the fuck is a Christmassy person, and what hell are they like the rest of the year?

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2010 7:14 PM

She's no Diana Trask, that's fer sure.

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2010 7:14 PM

Like Our Lord Baby Jesus, Annie was born on Christmas Day.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2010 7:14 PM

[quote]In other words, you don't know.

LOL. Of course I know. Most informed people do.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2010 7:27 PM

[quote]What the fuck is a Christmassy person, and what hell are they like the rest of the year?%0D %0D Jolly. And that's definitely one thing our Annie is not.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2010 7:27 PM

[quote]There are plenty of resources on line where you can check Lennox's charity record

There you have it. Charity done for the public record is not charity, it is self-promotion. If she has done any true charity we know nothing about it and that is as it should be.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2010 7:32 PM

She was better in the Eurythmics

by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2010 7:38 PM

[quote]There you have it. Charity done for the public record is not charity, it is self-promotion. If she has done any true charity we know nothing about it and that is as it should be.

Right, only charity that the public is unaware of is 'true' charity. Lennox is an amazing HIV/AIDS activist and has done a great deal of good by raising a lot of money. Again, I am not doing your work for you. Go research it for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2010 7:48 PM

Fund-raising is fund-raising and should be called such, R39. We're not knocking her for generating revenue but we aren't going to canonize her for it either. And yes, only charity that the public is unaware of is true charity. That is correct.

And it is still irrelevant to the subject of her dreary album.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2010 7:53 PM

R13, I am informed, but have idea anout Ms. Lennox's charity donations. I do know her daughter came out 2nd in the last Prada show, though. You REALLY sound like an ass.

by Anonymousreply 41December 1, 2010 7:54 PM

[quote] And yes, only charity that the public is unaware of is true charity. That is correct%0D %0D Perhaps. But established charities benefit when celebrities donate and endorse them.

by Anonymousreply 42December 1, 2010 7:56 PM

[quote]I do know her daughter came out 2nd in the last Prada show, though. %0D %0D Well you told HER, missy.

by Anonymousreply 43December 1, 2010 7:57 PM

On 'Songs of Mass Destruction' I would have paid much extra money to her chosen charity if she omitted "sing" and "womankind".

by Anonymousreply 44December 1, 2010 8:01 PM

[quote]established charities benefit when celebrities donate and endorse them.

You just said it. The establishment benefits, but do its intended recipients? Many well-known charities spend more on administration than on actual assistance.

by Anonymousreply 45December 1, 2010 8:05 PM

But it'd easy in most countries to look up what percentage charities spend on admin.

by Anonymousreply 46December 1, 2010 8:08 PM

[quote] You just said it. The establishment benefits, but do its intended recipients? Many well-known charities spend more on administration than on actual assistance.%0D %0D That can be a problem whether the donations are made privately or publically. %0D %0D Now you're just being contrary.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 47December 1, 2010 8:16 PM

The woman is a cunt of the highest order - she cares so much about African babies with AIDS but yet she can't give her fans the time of day. She disgusts me.%0D %0D She's also aged badly - VERY badly. Her head wouldn't look out of place on Mount Rushmore these days. Medusa is an appropriate term for that withered old sea monkey.

by Anonymousreply 48December 1, 2010 11:58 PM

I think in the vast hierarchy of things, R48, sick babies in Africa really DO come before Annie Lennox's fans. Surprising but true!

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2010 12:05 AM

[quote]her emotional range lately goes from maudlin to woebegone

And I'm writing this down to use later.

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2010 12:06 AM

African babies with AIDS have a lot more to deal with than getting a CD signed.%0D %0D Are you the other Eurthymic?

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2010 12:07 AM

I wish I shared R48's simplistic view of the world. It would make dealing with complex issues of life much easier.

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2010 12:12 AM

African babies with AIDS can get fucked. I need my copy of Diva with the feathers signed godammit!

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2010 1:15 AM

Annie may dabble in charity like most other celebs, but it's hardly something she's made her main mission in life. She is, at the end of the day, a pop star. As such, it's her fans that are responsible for her success and freedom to perform her "charity work." We're the ones she asks to "give generously" to African AIDS babies.

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2010 1:49 PM

r54 gets it. This bitch ought to send a few million pounds of her own money to Africa instead of having the nerve to expect her fans to fork out for insipid trash like 'Sing my sister sing.' Then she can't even give them the time of day when they wait for her ungratefull ass after a show. Stick a fork in her she's done, the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2010 2:03 PM

W&W for r25 please!

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2010 2:11 PM

I cant stand her, she ruined my Lord of the Rings experience not just Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 57December 9, 2010 2:14 PM

OMG, she's made videos of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 9, 2010 2:51 PM

The video reminds me of those Victorian death photos.

by Anonymousreply 59December 10, 2010 12:03 AM

Only Annie Lennox could turn Christmas songs into funeral dirges. And I'm saying that as a fan. I love her, but she is not suited to sing happy jolly stuff. She's made for angsty and moody songs.

by Anonymousreply 60December 10, 2010 12:12 AM

Isn't that drum beat lifted from "Give Peace a Chance?"

by Anonymousreply 61December 10, 2010 12:16 AM

Tchaikovsky is the only person to create an entire album's worth of Christmas music that I want to listen to all the way through, especially more than once.

by Anonymousreply 62December 10, 2010 12:35 AM

She said she wanted to sing the Christmas carols she grew up singing. She is Scottish and Scottish churches are grim piles of grey stones. No surprise it's depressing stuff.

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2010 1:03 AM

[quote]She recorded it with a choir of African children and tribal drums. Most of her charity work focuses on Africa and AIDS crisis there.

As long as she doesn't glom on to the kids with eye cancer, we're cool.

by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2010 1:09 AM

I agree that Annie Lennox is a total pious cunt. She does "charity work" for Waverley Care charity here in Scotland and the director and board have their tonguesw wedged so firmly up her butt crack that they've forgotten HIV is about living in the real world and having shit for blood. Shirley Manson is also in my cunt file for the same reason.

by Anonymousreply 65December 12, 2010 1:52 AM

A good friend of mine was found dead last night, with a copy of this CD in her lap. Apparently listening to it drove her over the edge and she slit her wrists. How many more lives will be ruined before this is pulled from store shelves?

by Anonymousreply 66December 12, 2010 2:14 AM

To continue...the only thing in my view that could make pious cunt Annie Lennox more of a cunt is if she married fellow cunt Paul McCartney. Can you imagine a more cuntworthy combination?

by Anonymousreply 67December 12, 2010 2:16 AM

You sound tedious, R65/67.

by Anonymousreply 68December 12, 2010 2:19 AM

Does anyone remember that spoof songlist from years ago? Some queen on here released a list of tracks and people thought it was serious. I remember one track as 'knife through my heart'.

That was one of my favorite threads.

by Anonymousreply 69December 12, 2010 2:20 AM

I think it was 'Like a Knife Right Through My Soul' r69. It was hilarious. I wish I'd saved that thread.

by Anonymousreply 70December 12, 2010 2:23 AM

I keep asking about that post from time to time, R69, as I think it was pretty funny. Lost for good, I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 71December 12, 2010 2:24 AM

Her new release, "Frosty went to Africa but Evaporated Before the AIDS-infected African Children Could Drink Him," starts off so nice, but it ends with the buzzards picking the flesh off the thirsty children and Rudolph.

by Anonymousreply 72December 12, 2010 2:56 AM

You're all too rough on Annle Lennox. I thought her renditions of "No, El" and "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear Because It Wasn't Practicing Safe Sex" were great. I thought "The Baby Born to be Crucified" would have been better without the synth-calypso beat, though.

by Anonymousreply 73December 12, 2010 5:39 AM

"No, El"%0D %0D I love this song about the history of the elevated trains being replaced by subways.

by Anonymousreply 74December 12, 2010 6:47 AM

Wow...clearly you bitches have too much time on your hands. Get a job, get a life, get a lethal injection! You waste all this time putting down a fine woman who does incredible charity work and has produced a fabulous Christmas CD.

Sure, I know I am wasting my breath. You will continue to try ad nauseum to be clever. You are all so Bitter!!

Merry Christmas!!

by Anonymousreply 75December 12, 2010 7:32 AM

My two cents:

Love Annie. The Christmas album is interesting and not at all festive. She is terrible to her fans. Still love her voice and what she used to do with her image.

On the other hand, Dave Stewart is really awesome to his fans. Plus, he did the score for Showgirls and has produced the new Stevie Nicks record.

If only for "Here Comes The Rain Again," "Julia," and "You Have Placed a Chill in My Heart," I'll never give up on either.

by Anonymousreply 76December 12, 2010 7:44 AM

Let's try to recreate the faux setlist.

I'll try (but I'm not that funny):

'Terminal cancer ridden Koala cubs' 'Fractured spine' 'Slowly starving' 'Weeping blood' 'Despondent at Cracker Barrel' 'Grieving tomorrow'

by Anonymousreply 77December 12, 2010 10:44 AM

r75 = Annie 'The Cunt' Lennox. Either that or one of her mentally ill fans from AnnieLennox.com

by Anonymousreply 78December 12, 2010 2:15 PM

Annie can do "happy" and "jolly". She just chooses not to these days, for whatever reason. I like her solo work, but I loved her work with Eurythmics and this song by The Tourists.

Is she really rude or mean to fans?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79December 12, 2010 2:25 PM

I'm listening to the X-mas album right now. Love it. Her voice is still gorgeous. You haters are just a bunch of cunts. Annie rules!

by Anonymousreply 80December 12, 2010 2:36 PM

[quote]Is she really rude or mean to fans?

Yeah, I'd like to know, too. My impression is that she is quite nice to her fans these days. When she did her last US tour she would chat with her fans after every show. She blogs and, apparently, reads her fans' responses.

I think there are a couple of anti-Lennox trolls here who get a kick of using the word cunt. I don't know what their damage is.

by Anonymousreply 81December 12, 2010 2:57 PM

Love Lennox, but I wish she put in a few more uptempo tunes. She has a gorgeous, soulful voice and I love her verions of "Winter Wonderland" and "Put a Little Love in Your Heart"

by Anonymousreply 82December 12, 2010 3:05 PM

I've always liked "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" because it's an interesting Christmas carol, but this version is kind of flat- and much as I'm so cynical I sometimes feel it's a wonder I don't crumble into dust- I prefer jolly shit at Christmas. That might be because I spend the season eating and drinking and playing silly games, though.

Christmas at Annie Lennox's house is probably a Presbyterian hoot of festive porridge (normal porridge with a spoonful of cloves), potato skin soup, haggis, teetotalism and bitter self-recrimination before bed at 7pm after a 3 hour lecture on the importance of fiscal responsibility and abstinence.

by Anonymousreply 83December 12, 2010 3:50 PM

She's not nice, believe me. I went with a monster Lennox fan friend of mine to her show way up in Harlem on her last tour. My friend insisted on waiting after the show to get a lithograph signed. %0D %0D After the Cunt, Lennox, made these nice people wait outside in the freezing cold for 3 hours she refused pictures (I would too if I was that wrinkled up) and would only sign one thing from each person. That itself is not a big deal but she was very cold and clearly not interested in conversing with anyone at all. Some of them came from Australia and she still couldn't give at least 5 minutes of her time to make small talk. Nasty bitch can take her Sing campaign and shove it up her dried up old twat sideways.

by Anonymousreply 84December 12, 2010 9:53 PM

So, she came out after the show to meet with her fans and signed one item for each fan. Wow, what a cunt, indeed. At least she could have taken you all out to dinner.

by Anonymousreply 85December 13, 2010 12:56 AM

She owes me dinner after Bare, Songs of Mass Destruction and her Christmas abortion.

by Anonymousreply 86December 13, 2010 2:20 AM

"made these nice people wait outside in the freezing cold for 3 hours"

She made you wait? How, pray, did she "make" you wait? Did she inject you with her venom and wrap you in webbing, or merely hint that she might have half a Twinkie she wasn't going to eat?

by Anonymousreply 87December 13, 2010 10:03 AM

She's Scots. Scots are dour. In fact, the word "dour" was invented by the Scots.

by Anonymousreply 88December 13, 2010 2:36 PM

What I have heard, I like.%0D %0D I will probably buy it. She has always had a maudlin style- it IS her style.

by Anonymousreply 89December 13, 2010 2:41 PM

I like the CD -- I don't think it's maudlin so much as fierce. She seems to be wrestling these songs into submission, rather than expressing joy through them.

by Anonymousreply 90December 13, 2010 2:47 PM

Her pussy tastes like chocolate candy canes

by Anonymousreply 91December 13, 2010 2:54 PM

I played this CD at my Christmas party and it was all I could do to stop my guests from taking their own lives. Some were tying tinsel into noose, while others were cutting their wrists with tree ornaments. What a mess. NEVER AGAIN, ANNIE LENNOX.

by Anonymousreply 92December 13, 2010 6:59 PM

[quote]I'm listening to the X-mas album right now. Love it. Her voice is still gorgeous. You haters are just a bunch of cunts. Annie rules!%0D %0D Oh, please. She's just imitating me. And that's the most sincere form of flattery.

by Anonymousreply 93December 13, 2010 7:15 PM

This year I seem to be hearing versions of "The Holly and the Ivy" everywhere I go. Strange. It was never a popular Christmas song in the US. Now I can't get away from it.

by Anonymousreply 94December 13, 2010 9:24 PM

Did she inject you with her venom and wrap you in webbing?%0D %0D You make her sound so much lovelier than she actually is.

by Anonymousreply 95December 14, 2010 12:47 AM

Annie Lennox is the Grinch?

by Anonymousreply 96December 14, 2010 3:49 AM

It was a bit much to rewrite as follows:

God molest ye merry gentlemen.....

by Anonymousreply 97December 15, 2010 1:53 AM

I can't escape the feeling that this album is why Muslim extremists fear the West. Lullay Lullay (Coventry Carol) is terrifying, like a Scottish clan is coming to burn down your huts, kill your cattle, and salt your fields.

by Anonymousreply 98December 15, 2010 3:35 AM

Well, we found my aunt dead this morning, with her head stuck in the oven. Annie Lennox's Christmas CD was playing on repeat in the living room. How many more lives must be ruined before this CD is removed from store shelves?!?

by Anonymousreply 99December 15, 2010 4:13 AM

I admire her and I hope the new album sells very well. I didn't like it. It was very depressing. I am not sure why she made it.

by Anonymousreply 100December 15, 2010 4:22 AM

omg! It's WORSE than what you bitches said, seriously! It's TERRIBLE!

Link is the youtube official channel "sampling" of her songs! She's MURDERED xmas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 15, 2010 4:30 AM

Have a very scary Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 102December 15, 2010 12:55 PM

I think the likes of Annie Lennox et al are just self-serving.Do they give any of their own money to Africa? Do they do anything hands-on? Annie,anyone can sing,whether good or bad.If the likes of Annie et al are so caring,then show us your donations from your cash pile.Don't auction of your old gear,as after all it is still the fans money that is going to your causes. The likes of you lot make me SEETHE! Grrrrr!

by Anonymousreply 103December 31, 2010 4:16 PM

Another year, another Christmas to ruin.

by Anonymousreply 104December 7, 2011 1:52 PM

I actually am LOVING this cd this year!!

She's not scary or sad: she sings with CONVICTION.

The creativity is astounding...so respectful of the people of days gone by, who really took these songs to heart. Soulful, deep & sincere.

It's a very spiritual CD. If, for you, Christmas is just about decorating, shopping & entertaining, then, no, this is not for you.

But if you believe that the birth of Jesus introduced love to earth, then this cd is a wonderful interpretation of that holy magnificent occasion.

by Anonymousreply 105December 11, 2011 9:34 PM

Man up you pussies. Christmas is supposed to be depressions. SUicide rates skyrocket every year.

If you want something depressing, listen to Meriah Carey's Christmas CD.

by Anonymousreply 106December 11, 2011 10:36 PM

The Best Christmas album so far is from Michael Buble.

Bieber...no, just no!

by Anonymousreply 107December 11, 2011 10:48 PM

She made you wait? How, pray, did she "make" you wait? Did she inject you with her venom and wrap you in webbing, or merely hint that she might have half a Twinkie she wasn't going to eat?

Rosie O'Donnell was there that night so there's no way that twinkie made it out the door alive.

by Anonymousreply 108December 11, 2011 11:03 PM

"A John Waters Christmas" is the only Xmas album I own. Plus I have an mp3 of Klaus Nomi's "Silent Night" somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 109December 11, 2011 11:24 PM

[quote]The Best Christmas album so far is from Michael Buble.

Actually, he sings about "Kriz-mus." His diction is horrendous.

by Anonymousreply 110December 11, 2011 11:36 PM

Yet another Christmas ruined by this cunt!

by Anonymousreply 111November 18, 2012 1:42 AM

I'd rather have her cunt ruin my Xmas than fucking Bieber anything anytime.

by Anonymousreply 112November 18, 2012 1:48 AM

bieber's pussy is nice and tight. grandma lennox has an old sloppy pussy

by Anonymousreply 113November 28, 2012 2:05 AM

Sloppy Grandma Lennox Christmas Pussy

by Anonymousreply 114December 4, 2012 9:30 AM

If you thought Annie's 'Have A Miserable Cunt Of A Christmas' was bad you ought to to hear the new Xmas album from Erasure. Annie only ruined Christmas, Erasure cancelled it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 5, 2013 6:52 AM

[quote] She's a gigantic horse cunt

LOL

by Anonymousreply 116September 16, 2014 2:53 PM

Her new album is atrocious, from what I've heard.

by Anonymousreply 117September 16, 2014 3:12 PM

You should hear Robin Thicke's Xmas album. His cover of Lonely this Christmas is a total downer, plus he's recorded Ain't Too Proud To Beg, with sleigh bells.

by Anonymousreply 118September 16, 2014 3:22 PM

Please, you are talking about a culture whose favorite Christmas song is about a toothless jailed drunk and a junkie slut obscenely insulting each other.

Annie Lennox's Christmas album is like a slapstick episode of the Three Stooges to inhabitants of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 119September 16, 2014 3:25 PM

[quote] Please, you are talking about a culture whose favorite Christmas song is about a toothless jailed drunk and a junkie slut obscenely insulting each other.

Don't fuck with Kirsty MacColl!

by Anonymousreply 120September 16, 2014 8:16 PM

My horse cunt and I just SHAT on your pagan holiday!

by Anonymousreply 121September 16, 2014 9:57 PM

Another Christmas is about to be ruined by Annie Lennox

by Anonymousreply 122November 16, 2014 9:01 PM

I wonder how many people's christmas will be ruined this year by her holiday album?

by Anonymousreply 123December 13, 2014 1:19 PM

Just put on the Phil Spector album.

by Anonymousreply 124December 13, 2014 1:26 PM

This thread has some of the funniest stuff I've read on Datalounge and cunts are all, "You bitches! Stop being mean to Annie! You have no heart. You are bitter. She makes charitable donations. Leave her alone!"

You're the bitches. Shut up and let everyone else have some fun.

by Anonymousreply 125December 13, 2014 1:59 PM

I think she's awesome. You bitches should stick with Lawrence Welk.

by Anonymousreply 126December 13, 2014 2:05 PM

Have you ever been to a Presbyterian Christmas service? All the standard Presbyterian Xmas songs in the hymnal are like dirges. She's probably just reflecting her upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 127December 13, 2014 2:08 PM

"Annie Lennox ruined Christmas"

Sweet dreams are made of this.

by Anonymousreply 128December 13, 2014 2:29 PM

Her rendition of 'Georgia on My Mind' from her latest album 'NOSTALGIA' is quite powerful:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129December 13, 2014 3:04 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE Annie, but her last few albums have been complete wastes of resources. Diva and Medusa are very likable albums, but everything after has had ths grit and soul of a sheet of toilet paper. Eurythmics Peace was probably the single most boring album I suffered through out of respect for the artist, even though Dave and Annie clearly had no respect for my 15 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 130December 13, 2014 3:19 PM

I love her Eurythmics period - great songs and videos and visuals, and I nearly wore out her Diva album, but she sounds way off now. I got the Nostalgia album but hearing it once was enough - she attacks these great songs and over-sings them as though she is wrestling them to the ground to put her own stamp on them, and they are over-produced too.

I recently came across an Ella and Nelson Riddle album which is bliss to listen to, in comparison to Annie's overkill. I refused to listen to Rod Stewart murdering the Great American Songbook, now it looks like Annie is determined to do the same.

She looks marvellous though in that Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert doing "Under Pressure" with David Bowie, back in 93 ?

by Anonymousreply 131December 13, 2014 3:37 PM

R1 on this thread is still one of my favorite R1's ever!

by Anonymousreply 132December 13, 2014 3:39 PM

Whoever called the CD "Yule Be Sorry" almost made me spit my coffee out.

by Anonymousreply 133December 23, 2014 5:25 PM

[quote]She looks marvellous though in that Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert doing "Under Pressure" with David Bowie, back in 93 ?

She totally overshadowed Bowie that time on stage, which, I'm sure, it's not easy to do.

by Anonymousreply 134December 23, 2014 5:47 PM

She looks like a maniac. The hat, the staff, the puffy sleeves, the high heels and jeggings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 23, 2014 6:03 PM

She stole Bowie's thunder that day and he was not pleased about it either.

by Anonymousreply 136December 24, 2014 5:51 AM

Kylie's Christmas CD is far worse than mine!

by Anonymousreply 137December 1, 2015 10:36 PM

Yet another Christmas for me to ruin...

by Anonymousreply 138November 25, 2016 7:03 AM

Another fucking miserable Christmas and we are still wondering which one of you sloppy whores called Annie a "gigantic horse cunt" at R1?

WELL?!?

by Anonymousreply 139November 25, 2016 8:19 AM

I did it! I called her a gigantic horse cunt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140November 28, 2016 8:35 PM

Did someone just mention my name!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141November 28, 2016 10:37 PM

Better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142November 28, 2016 10:41 PM

Another year, another Christmas ruined.

by Anonymousreply 143November 28, 2017 12:17 PM

143 I was just planning to rebump this thread yesterday but you beat me to it.

This is gonna be the eight consecutive Xmas season that this cunt has ruined.

by Anonymousreply 144November 28, 2017 12:33 PM

I love this record

by Anonymousreply 145November 28, 2017 1:15 PM

It’s 2017 and Annie Lennox is still a gigantic horse cunt.

by Anonymousreply 146November 28, 2017 1:22 PM

Her daughter is largely responsible for the drowning death of her bf. Can't help but think of that when I think of Annie now.

by Anonymousreply 147November 28, 2017 4:03 PM

It's a Datalounge tradition, R144.

by Anonymousreply 148November 28, 2017 7:49 PM

This is what Annie said on her facebook page today about this CD:

I listened to the Christmas Cornucopia yesterday for the first time in years and was able to hear it in a more ‘objective’ way than before. It certainly touches the spot if you want to delve into the Festive spirit.. It was an absolute joy to create from start to finish!

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2017 8:14 PM

I put that album on last night at my Christmas party and everyone ran out the door. I have enough eggnog to last me til Memorial Day.

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2017 8:44 PM

Originally titled Winter Wonderland Part II

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2017 8:48 PM

Anyone else listening to Annie’s “Luli, Lulay” while quietly crying and cutting yourself where it won’t show?

Merry Christmas DL 🙁

by Anonymousreply 152December 18, 2017 3:01 PM

Well she never tours anymore and hardly ever releases new material. Is she retired?

by Anonymousreply 153December 18, 2017 3:10 PM

R152 - I prefer to cut myself where it does show.

by Anonymousreply 154December 18, 2017 3:13 PM

Tarja's XMas album is great

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155December 18, 2017 3:18 PM

She's from Aberdeen. Scots are dour people

by Anonymousreply 156December 18, 2017 3:20 PM

[quote] But if you believe that the birth of Jesus introduced love to earth, then this cd is a wonderful interpretation of that holy magnificent occasion

Except for the constant pagan imagery.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157December 18, 2017 3:37 PM

Christmas is all about Annie Lenox taking the knee to Annie Lenox

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158December 18, 2017 3:39 PM

Another year, another festive season ruined by this gigantic horse cunt's dirges.

by Anonymousreply 159December 6, 2018 8:08 AM

Get help, R159.

by Anonymousreply 160December 6, 2018 8:23 AM

I just listened to her version of “The Holly and the Ivy,” and it’s not slow at all...but it is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 161December 6, 2018 11:26 AM

Still best r2 ever responded.

by Anonymousreply 162December 11, 2018 11:02 AM

Sorry, meant R1.

by Anonymousreply 163December 11, 2018 11:04 AM

she's dour and sour these days. it's as if all of the joy from earlier days got sucked out of her and she's a bitter bitch with no soul.

by Anonymousreply 164December 11, 2018 11:09 AM

Oh I love this thread! I remember it from 2010 when she released that awful Xmas album.

It pops up every now and again. Great title and R1 is priceless. I laugh every time I read it.

Thanks for making it appear again :)

by Anonymousreply 165December 11, 2018 12:20 PM

She seems to have lost all the thrilling poetry that she used to have in her voice, and now she just sounds brassy and harsh.

by Anonymousreply 166December 11, 2018 12:28 PM

I knew you'd bitches would turn on me. I'll have the last laugh when I win my second Golden Globe and Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 167December 11, 2018 12:50 PM

How did I manage to miss this thread for the last eight years? OMG. :)

by Anonymousreply 168December 11, 2018 12:52 PM

This season, I've played it at night at the hospice where I work. Record number of deaths on my shift. Law emforcement blames me.

by Anonymousreply 169December 11, 2018 1:25 PM

Her Christmas album makes me want to be Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 170December 19, 2018 11:47 PM

Enough. She's divine.

by Anonymousreply 171December 20, 2018 11:29 AM

[italics]Christmas Cornicopia[/italics]?

by Anonymousreply 172December 20, 2018 11:31 AM

[italic] Christmas Cornicopia [/italic]. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 173December 20, 2018 11:36 AM

Too bad she didn't do an album with more upbeat songs and synth sounding productions like Eurythmics Winter Wonderland or Put a Little Love in Your Heart. She could've hit it out of the park.

by Anonymousreply 174December 20, 2018 12:55 PM

Even if i wouldn´t have taken the bag off my head, THIS would have done the trick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 20, 2018 8:09 PM

My sister recently underwent a double mastectomy but she said that will still go down as only the second worst thing that's happened to her in 2019; being given a copy of Annie Lennox' Christmas album by her co-worker was an even more traumatic experience for her.

by Anonymousreply 176December 6, 2019 2:55 AM

.llll

by Anonymousreply 177September 1, 2020 6:42 AM

OMG!

On November 20th it will be the 10th "Annie"versary of the year that Annie Lennox ruined Christmas! And she's making it worse by releasing a new song on the album.

From Annie's website: "10th Anniversary Edition. Out 20th November. Includes fully remastered audio and [bold]brand new, previously unreleased song[/bold].

More doom.

by Anonymousreply 178November 13, 2020 9:44 AM

Dykes kill joy

by Anonymousreply 179November 13, 2020 9:45 AM

Does the remastering put more oomph in the lugubriousness?

by Anonymousreply 180November 13, 2020 10:30 AM

More razor blades and nooses were used R180.

by Anonymousreply 181November 13, 2020 10:43 AM

Maybe they found a way to process the voice to get an audible "death stare" effect.

by Anonymousreply 182November 13, 2020 10:45 AM

Last year someone thought it was a wise idea for Annie to make Nicola Sturgeon's official Christmas card that was sent to dignitaries all over the world. As you might have expected, it was as depressing as everything else this whore touches (it depicted a polar bear floating on a piece of ice that broke off the glacier because of global warming) but the card's biggest crime was that it looked just straight-up amateurish. It looked like something a sixth grader did at an art class.

I'm glad I'm no one important so I didn't get this monstrosity in my mailbox.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183November 13, 2020 11:56 AM

There's a special thread dedicated to the release's anniversary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184November 13, 2020 6:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!