Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

COLD CASE

Now that I can watch an episode per day on TNT, I'm enjoying what I once thought to be badly acted, poorly written, nostalgia fluff.%0D %0D It's still all of that, but %0D %0D a)I find myself crying at the end of each episode (it's the soundtrack, I know). %0D %0D b)The level of historic accuracy is frightening (i.e. dates, fads, headlines)- even if its presentation leaves plenty to be desired (i.e. the disco episode comes to mind).%0D %0D c) There's a pleasantly surprising abundance of GBLT and homoerotic plots. To be sure, some of the homos depicted are perverts, but they are outnumbered by all the positive depictions. To date I could count eight GLBT main plots.%0D %0D Is Jerry Bruckheimer a big sympathizer? A big homo?

by Anonymousreply 184January 7, 2018 6:25 PM

Oops GBLT = GLBT

by Anonymousreply 1October 29, 2010 11:52 AM

OP, too late to correct. Your lesbiphobia was apparent. Soon you'll drop the L entirely.

by Anonymousreply 2October 29, 2010 12:11 PM

get outside and get some fresh aires.

by Anonymousreply 3October 29, 2010 12:21 PM

OP, you're so right....I've rediscovered it myself and really like it..and it has been really ahead on GLBT issues. And, yeah...those endings....tough to keep it together!

by Anonymousreply 4October 29, 2010 12:34 PM

A lesbian is a producer on this show, the gay themes are excellently presented.

by Anonymousreply 5October 29, 2010 1:28 PM

Forever Blue is one of my favorite episodes...the two cops, one of whom was essentially set up for execution by his father for being gay. Chad Everett played the surviving one in the present day.

by Anonymousreply 6October 29, 2010 2:53 PM

I liked the Stonewall-like bar in the 60's (if nothing else for the music and the drag queen extras they hired) where the cops raided and the wigs flew and that cute kid was left for dead. The bar was in Queens Village and had a cheesy name like the Hiding Hole or something like that.%0D %0D They were very hush hush, but printed out match books (everyone did back in the day) :))

by Anonymousreply 7October 29, 2010 3:26 PM

I really loved this show and was sad when it was canceled. It's not on dvd either.

by Anonymousreply 8October 29, 2010 3:29 PM

Interesting R7 and inaccurate. Glamor drag was not done in the 60's as it is today so it is very unlikely that any bar would have wigs flying.

Stonewall of course forbade drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 9October 29, 2010 3:35 PM

I think Cold Case, American Dreams, and Old Christine went too quickly. There were so many other shows that were shit but coasted their time slots to 5+-year success. %0D %0D Good quality shows - like the above - are sometimes given huge responsibilities (going up against Friends) and/or shoes to fill (replacing Frasier)...and when they come up short, are axed too quickly. Fox used to be good at giving shows a chance, not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 10October 29, 2010 3:42 PM

Well I like it for all the reasons you posted. Plus the Cowboy Junkies were featured on the soundtrack one show. I to was almost always weepy at the end. Especially the young/old perp walk while the music played.

After the 2nd season I stopped watching for one simple reason. I could always see through the plot and guess the ending after about 15 minutes of the show.

by Anonymousreply 11October 29, 2010 3:42 PM

Oh, I'm watching for the first time and it IS fairly easy to figure out whodunnit.%0D %0D Not always but, I'd say 90% of the time, the actor who's most recognizable (or gets an "and" billing) did it. Apparently they're the kind of guest stars that want some scenery chewing credits accrued during confession time

by Anonymousreply 12October 29, 2010 3:49 PM

It will never be on DVD. The soundtrack was integral to the show but would be too expensive for a DVD release.

by Anonymousreply 13October 29, 2010 4:03 PM

[quote]It will never be on DVD. The soundtrack was integral to the show but would be too expensive for a DVD release.

The same cruel fate of China Beach. I was rarely allowed to watch the show when it was on and would love to see it now. But that is the problem with the release of China Beach.

by Anonymousreply 14October 29, 2010 4:07 PM

I loved China Beach.

by Anonymousreply 15October 29, 2010 4:09 PM

I loved the show. But I loved American Dreams and China Beach too.

by Anonymousreply 16October 29, 2010 4:11 PM

Try Torrents R16.

by Anonymousreply 17October 29, 2010 4:23 PM

Not to hijack your thread but China fucking Beach who didn't love this? One of the best scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 29, 2010 4:40 PM

I love(d) Cold Case, until Kathryn Morris got too much plastic surgery. (had a crush on her). I really adored it for all the same reason OP mentions. SO many gay plots too.

China Beach is another one of my favorites. I tried once to download seasons online to no avail.

by Anonymousreply 19October 29, 2010 4:49 PM

One episode dealt with 2 gay cops. I think it was set in the 60's.%0D %0D Really powerful and emotional episode.

by Anonymousreply 20October 29, 2010 4:55 PM

That's Forever Blue, the on r6 mentioned, r20. That really is a powerful episode.

by Anonymousreply 21October 29, 2010 5:03 PM

Maybe it wasn't cosmetic surgery for Kathryn Morris as much as it was corrective. Her mouth always kept opening even when she stared in silence. Don't know if it was an acting technique (a bad one) or just a natural reaction, but this chick would sit there listening to someone talk, and all of a sudden her mouth would pop ajar. And it wasn't a pout or a gasp in horror, more like a trunk whose lock is busted.

by Anonymousreply 22October 29, 2010 5:23 PM

I also liked the episode with the two best buddies (one was the other's best man, etc) who at some point got into a physical fight and ended up kissing - and spotted by the married guy's wife from behind some door/window/curtain (the classic soap eavesdrop)%0D %0D HOT!

by Anonymousreply 23October 29, 2010 5:33 PM

It wasn't the surgery that gave me pause, it was her increasing frailness. She started to resemble a little old lady. Give her a hug and you break a few bones.

by Anonymousreply 24October 29, 2010 5:35 PM

Right, R9. In the 60s, drag queens had crew cuts.

by Anonymousreply 25October 29, 2010 5:39 PM

This MAD TV parody ruined Cold Case for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 29, 2010 5:43 PM

R24 - agree, and her hair was TERRIBLE.%0D %0D I always wonder why her hairdresser never got fired. Her hair always looked like a rodent died on her head.%0D %0D I mean, I could have done better, and I suck!

by Anonymousreply 27October 29, 2010 5:44 PM

[quote]Stonewall of course forbade drag queens.%0D %0D What???? Are all my history books wrong?%0D %0D %0D The 60's episode did have drag queens in very accurate 60's get-up.%0D %0D Do I have to link you in to a whole bunch of photos of raids throughout GLBT history and the drag queens who were the only ones that dared show their faces in the paddy wagons and for the press?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 28October 29, 2010 5:46 PM

I actually love the MAD-TV parody.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 29October 29, 2010 5:48 PM

R22 - LMAO!!!

by Anonymousreply 30October 29, 2010 7:55 PM

Cold Case was usually well-written, especially compared to the other dreck.

Last week on CSI they found a dead body in an hoarder's house, but then were too busy cataloging and photographing each piece of junk to notice a second body until much later, then didn't search enough to find the empty bedroom hidden behind some boxes, and even then didn't think to open the closet door behind which the owner's daughter locked up, then didn't search enough to find three more bodies in a ditch in the back yard.

by Anonymousreply 31October 29, 2010 8:06 PM

"I think Cold Case, American Dreams, and Old Christine went too quickly. There were so many other shows that were shit but coasted their time slots to 5+-year success. %0D %0D Good quality shows - like the above - are sometimes given huge responsibilities (going up against Friends) and/or shoes to fill (replacing Frasier)...and when they come up short, are axed too quickly"%0D %0D %0D %0D Cold Case was on for 7 or 8 years...it was hardly axed too quickly. The show had taken a turn for the worse in the last couple seasons, anyway%0D

by Anonymousreply 32October 30, 2010 12:41 AM

They should have at least done a Danny Pino nude episode.

by Anonymousreply 33October 30, 2010 12:50 AM

The interracial lesbian couple in the 1930s was one of the best episodes. Very well done.

by Anonymousreply 34October 30, 2010 12:57 AM

The SMOKING Danny Pino was reason enough to tune in every week - esp. the seasons where he had the sexual affair with his partner's sister, and the lady DA - much hot Papi flesh on display....

by Anonymousreply 35October 30, 2010 5:53 AM

My favorite episode was the one that dealt with the rise of AIDS in the 80s. It managed to capture the darkness, confusion and fear of that time perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 36October 30, 2010 6:11 AM

r34 I loved that episode. Also cried at "Boy in A box" and "Scarlet Rose" Oh and the episode where the dancing teen was killed by his jock brother.

I think part of it was good casting and scripting. But at some point it got to be too much about lily's personal life for me.

by Anonymousreply 37October 30, 2010 6:14 AM

r37, I agree. But thanks to that we got to see a butcher, less Lifetime Meredith Baxter as the Mom.

by Anonymousreply 38October 30, 2010 7:46 AM

I loved The Goodbye Room but all of the episodes were good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 30, 2010 3:10 PM

[quote] The SMOKING Danny Pino was reason enough to tune in every week - esp. the seasons where he had the sexual affair with his partner's sister, and the lady DA - much hot Papi flesh on display....

From all accounts I've heard of people who worked on that show Danny Pino is a total douchebag, and Katherine Morris was a decent person until the eating disorder really kicked in..then she became a total bitch.

by Anonymousreply 40October 30, 2010 3:15 PM

The episode with the used car salesmen was excellent, too. The victim's character was very real (we've all known admin assistants like her). %0D %0D However, it was one of those episodes where the actor with the most familiar face did it.%0D %0D And for the love of me, I can't remember where I know his face from, other than he was a regular in some sitcom or drama.

by Anonymousreply 41October 30, 2010 3:19 PM

Well, I did my own research (episode by episode on IMDB) and it was Arye Gross - of Ellen fame, among other things - who was the murderer on the car dealership episode. %0D %0D The character of Donna D'Amico was superbly played by Frankie Ingrassia

by Anonymousreply 42October 30, 2010 3:56 PM

[quote]Her mouth always kept opening even when she stared in silence.

How else was she supposed to breathe?

by Anonymousreply 43October 30, 2010 4:02 PM

[quote]From all accounts I've heard of people who worked on that show Danny Pino is a total douchebag, and Katherine Morris was a decent person until the eating disorder really kicked in..then she became a total bitch.

You're wrong on both accounts.

by Anonymousreply 44October 30, 2010 4:05 PM

Too bad about Pino's assholiness. Are there any shirtless pictures of him floating around the internets?

by Anonymousreply 45October 30, 2010 4:14 PM

Do tell us why or how you know, r44. So far, according to gossip site rules of conduct, the poster you quoted is way ahead of you on credibility, since he provided details.

by Anonymousreply 46October 30, 2010 4:14 PM

"My favorite episode was the one that dealt with the rise of AIDS in the 80s. It managed to capture the darkness, confusion and fear of that time perfectly."%0D %0D %0D %0D That was a great episode%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 47November 1, 2010 12:16 AM

That AIDS episode centered on 1983 and was called "It's Raining Men"

by Anonymousreply 48November 1, 2010 12:21 AM

Resurrecting this thread - loved this show originally, and in repeats too.

I hate most procedurals but always thought this one was interesting.

AND yes, I think it's a completely hidden thing that this show was the most LGBT friendly *mainstream* show on the air for several years.

One, they did several episodes a year with LGBT characters. Two, they weren't always saints.

The one last night was one where Piper Laurie played an older woman who, as a teenager fell in love with a butch black girl. Very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 49January 28, 2012 1:51 PM

I do remember hearing gossip about Morris' cuntiness at some point, pre-my time on DL. Apparently she was unbearable to work with.

I remember the gay baseball player in the 60s, the Latina transsexual, and the AIDS episode right off the bat as three really good LGBT storylines. The baseball one was in their very first season.

There were some really great stories that captured the times well. The disco one, several of the WWII based stories.

by Anonymousreply 50January 28, 2012 1:57 PM

There was also an episode (somewhat vague now so some plot might be wrong) where a middle-aged guy was threatening to kill an older man. At the end, it turned out the younger man had been sexually abused when he was a boy and could no longer live with all of the emotions so he wanted revenge. It ended with the cops saving both men and at the very end, you saw the boy walking away from the scene, stopping and looking at his now grown counterpart and then disappeared. It had a cheesiness to it but was also moving.

by Anonymousreply 51January 28, 2012 3:06 PM

I wish I could remember where I read the CC gossip. Some queen who said he worked on the show swore up and down that after season 1 Kathryn Morris was a total bitch and made the set hell. There was always a fight on how she would wear her hair.

Danny Pino is fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 52January 28, 2012 9:47 PM

The casting of the younger versions of the characters each week was almost eerie. The casting director should have won some kind of award.

by Anonymousreply 53January 28, 2012 9:59 PM

Like others, I often teared up at the end--usually, of course, when the dead person's spirit made an appearance, finally able to say goodbye and pass on. I have no spiritual belief in such things, but I loved the idea of it and it always did make me a little verklempt.

I think the show had two challenges that may have kept it from being more of a crowd pleaser. First, I never felt I got involved in the characters of the detectives the way you do on other shows (like Special Victims and CSI), and when they did add the backstories, by then, they felt intrusive on the main cases quite often. I think that made audience engagement with the tecs harder (not a bad thing, but a little "colder"). Second, the series centered around what Freud called "melancholy"--each case was about people holding on to grief and mourning years and years after the fact, so that, even when the case was solved, it was almost always going to be the case that the missing person was dead. Again, not wrong as a premise, but in some way you knew there was never going to be an unalloyed happy ending--at least on some of the other shows, the missing victim might be saved or discovered. The sense of all the years spent still attached and focused on a past event, while very real psychologically, may have been too much for many viewers.

That said, I looked forward to it every week and, while sometimes the use of historically-appropriate soundtracks felt overdone or borderline gimmicky, I still miss it--sob! Maybe know that I've posted about it, the characters will silently nod and wave at me as I flip channels.

by Anonymousreply 54January 28, 2012 10:00 PM

Kathryn Morris -- I remember here the big argument about whether or not she played on our team, but I can't remember the conclusion at which the group arrived...

by Anonymousreply 55January 28, 2012 10:00 PM

There was at least one episode where the victim turned out to be alive. A little girl had disappeared and it turned out she was in another state and had lost her memory

by Anonymousreply 56January 28, 2012 10:28 PM

My friends and I loved the show but would always refer to Kathryn Morris as "Messy hair girl".

by Anonymousreply 57January 28, 2012 10:45 PM

r55, with that hair she had, do you really have to ask?

by Anonymousreply 58January 28, 2012 11:04 PM

I always had a daddy crush on John Finn, who played the Cold Case head.

Any gossip on him?

by Anonymousreply 59January 28, 2012 11:10 PM

I still watch it in reruns, too, even though I've seen all of them. It seems like nearly every other episode is GLBT themed.

by Anonymousreply 60January 28, 2012 11:34 PM

I also like the show about the missing persons with Anthony Lapaglia.

by Anonymousreply 61January 29, 2012 12:00 AM

I like it, too. But why did they cast two Australians who can't mask their accents as the American leads?

by Anonymousreply 62January 29, 2012 12:20 AM

Love the show and its reruns, but personally prefer it the same way I do my Law & Orders -stick to the cases and avoid the regulars' melodramas altogether.

On the other hand, in something like The Closer, the everyday office politics and cube drama - as well as the lead's domestic conflicts of interest - seem to be an integral part of the characters' dynamics and show's appeal

by Anonymousreply 63January 29, 2012 5:04 AM

Watched most of the episodes when they originally aired and am still thrilled they're in reruns. Even though I know whodunnit, I still mist up during rewatches when the deceased fades away for good. I'm glad that part was generally always somber. Forever Blue is indeed a good one. I think the show did a really good job of trying to be inclusive of everyone in using lgbt people, the civil rights movement, Japanese internment and women's rights, etc...as backdrops. I so wish CBS had kept Cold Case and let one of the CSIs go.

I would probably buy it on DVD if they could get the rights cleared. I too wish China Beach could get around that issue.

by Anonymousreply 64January 29, 2012 7:01 AM

The blond actor who played the gay policeman who got killed was totally hot.

by Anonymousreply 65January 29, 2012 9:16 AM

Does anyone recall the names of the episodes with gay characters?

by Anonymousreply 66January 29, 2012 9:44 AM

The gay/bi cops episode was a total rip-off of Brokeback Mountain. Don't get me wrong, it was still enjoyable. The one I remember is the episode with two gay/bi brothers, where the closeted one ends up killing the out one to silence him.

by Anonymousreply 67January 29, 2012 10:19 AM

[R66] I watched this more at the beginning of its run, but here are the ones I remember, from IMDB:

Season 1 Ep 7 "A Time to Hate" - The team investigates a 1964 case where a young college student (baseball player) was killed outside of a gay bar. (A pre-Superman Brandon Routh is in this one.)

S2/Ep3 "Daniela" - A traditional love story, except - if I recall right- that the man ends up falling for a transgendered woman.

S2/Ep 7 "It's Raining Men" - Mentioned upthread, a story about the early days of AIDS.

S2/Ep 22 "Best Friends" - 1930s inexperienced young white girl becomes smitten by provocative young black woman and falls in love. This one is amazing. Bonus: Piper Laurie as the older version of the white girl, and none other than MISS MARLA GIBBS as a shady old lesbian.

S5/Ep9 "Boy Crazy" Not an LGBT ep per se but the main focus is a tomboy who in 1963 is labeled a lesbian because of the way she dressed.

There may be more but those are the main ones I remember.

Is the AIDS one also the one where the family finds they have more than one gay member? Anyone?

Anyone remember the gay cops episode? I didn't see it and couldn't find it on IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 68January 29, 2012 11:06 PM

On the flip side of the coin, and to address the fact that the stories were so diverse and frequent that not every gay character was a hero or martyr, there were stories about gay pedophiles, junkies, runaway prostitutes, drug dealers, and murderers.

by Anonymousreply 69January 30, 2012 7:06 AM

One of the few positives of the late 20th Century -- not only has DNA technology allowed for justice on many often long-forgotten murders, we got a lot of TV shows on the subject as well.

by Anonymousreply 70January 30, 2012 1:42 PM

It would be nice if there were a story based on the real cold case of the Robert Wone murder in the Washington DC home of a gay trouple in August 2006.

by Anonymousreply 71January 30, 2012 3:52 PM

[quote]It wasn't the surgery that gave me pause, it was her increasing frailness. She started to resemble a little old lady. Give her a hug and you break a few bones.

She looks better than the old monkey with glasses on NCIS: Los Angeles

by Anonymousreply 72January 30, 2012 3:58 PM

I always thought Cold Case was the corniest show on television at the time. The perp walks at the end were dull and boring. I stopped watching the series after the frist season.

by Anonymousreply 73January 30, 2012 4:05 PM

It's not on TNT's schedule today.

I don't watch it often enough to know for sure, but wasn't it on at 1 p.m. Eastern, just before The Closer?

Why is TNT trying to shove Leverage down our throats? I cannot work up any interest in it at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 30, 2012 4:07 PM

And if Cold Case isn't on TNT any more, is there any place to watch it? I couldn't find it online.

by Anonymousreply 75January 30, 2012 4:11 PM

It started showing on ION television this year.

As mentioned before at r6/r20/et al, the episode with the two gay cops was "Forever Blue." That is the episode with the scene mentioned in r23.

by Anonymousreply 76January 31, 2012 5:26 AM

I think they ran a 2-hour block of it on ION tonight.

by Anonymousreply 77January 31, 2012 5:31 AM

[quote]Anyone remember the gay cops episode? I didn't see it and couldn't find it on IMDB.

"Forever Blue," which I think aired during Season 4.

by Anonymousreply 78January 31, 2012 5:40 AM

Thanks all, sorry I didn't see the info about the cop episode upthread.

by Anonymousreply 79January 31, 2012 1:32 PM

Lily's hair is fucking amazing.

by Anonymousreply 80January 31, 2012 3:13 PM

It looks like Brokeback was ripped off from the Forever Blue episode. The plot is exactly the same except it's urban.

by Anonymousreply 81January 31, 2012 3:18 PM

R81, Annie Proulx' story Brokeback Mountain was published in The New Yorker in 1997, and Cold Case began in 2003, so if one story was copied from the other, it was the Cold Case writers who borrowed from Proulx.

by Anonymousreply 82January 31, 2012 3:31 PM

BTW, about the music: how do they afford such great music on this show? Do the networks have some kind of deal with ASCAP for discounted royalties?

by Anonymousreply 83February 2, 2012 2:02 AM

Ditto R34

by Anonymousreply 84February 2, 2012 3:04 AM

The "Forever Blue" ep was on ION tonight. Made me feel SO OLD, especially as it closed with Dylan's "My Back Pages." I don't think I've heard that song in decades.

by Anonymousreply 85February 16, 2012 12:12 AM

Tomorrow on Ion, the series starts airing from Season 1, Episode 1

by Anonymousreply 86March 22, 2012 4:46 AM

Bruckheimer is a closet gay, OP. (Just ask Michael Bay).

I doubt he'd give a shit about positive GLBT portrayals-unless they made money, of course.

by Anonymousreply 87March 23, 2012 4:07 AM

In the initial episodes, cocky Lily starts learning about empathy.

Her homicide co-workers at first think little about the cold cases and want to concentrate on recent murders, but slowly, they all get interested and want to help.

by Anonymousreply 88March 23, 2012 3:14 PM

Fascinating, R88.

by Anonymousreply 89March 23, 2012 3:24 PM

The ones with drag queens were called COLD CREAM CASE.

by Anonymousreply 90March 23, 2012 3:28 PM

I've never watched much Cold Case, r89, so this is my first real introduction to the show.

by Anonymousreply 91March 23, 2012 3:29 PM

Kathryn Morris seriously pings. What's her story?

by Anonymousreply 92March 23, 2012 3:37 PM

The show would be more realistic if they just aged the actor playing the character younger with makeup. A lot of the older renditions look nothing like the character would look like at that age, including height, shape of nose, etc. I like the show because I am from Philly and there are pretty accurate with the names of the neighborhoods. However, sometimes when they say they are in a certain section it was pretty obviously filmed in LA and looks nothing like that section actually does. Also, the Philly PD would never be able to solve that many Cold Cases; they can't even keep the crime rate down here.

by Anonymousreply 93March 23, 2012 3:52 PM

"However, sometimes when they say they are in a certain section it was pretty obviously filmed in LA and looks nothing like that section actually does. Also, the Philly PD would never be able to solve that many Cold Cases; they can't even keep the crime rate down here."

When ER was on it was suppose to be Chicago....You'd think everybody lived across the street from the "L". The best parts were when people would go to the ER and say they drove all the way from some western suburb....no hospitals closer???? really???

Anyway, I still find Kathryn Morris attractive.

by Anonymousreply 94March 23, 2012 4:02 PM

Are there any good shots in Cold Case of Danny Pino's hot Latin pinga? Even bulging in his suit? How about his hot Latin hole?

by Anonymousreply 95March 23, 2012 4:38 PM

Yes, R95, he presented his hot Latin hole in every episode.

by Anonymousreply 96March 23, 2012 4:41 PM

I never watched this show until the reruns on cable. I agree, I've gotten weepy at times.

by Anonymousreply 97March 23, 2012 5:08 PM

Me too, R97. I only got into Cold Case in syndication and I really like it. I also get weepy with the closing montages.

by Anonymousreply 98March 23, 2012 5:14 PM

My favorite episode is the one where Danny Pino, having solved the cold case, bends over, presents his hot Latin hole to the camera and cries "Me gusta!"

by Anonymousreply 99March 23, 2012 5:17 PM

does Danny Pino ping for anyone?

by Anonymousreply 100March 23, 2012 5:24 PM

For some reason, I never saw it when it was on tv "originally"; I just started watching the reruns in syndication. I think it was a great show - a casting director and makeup artist's dream! OP is right about the music; I also often tear up, too when you know that the victim is getting ready to be murdered; also, when they "go into the light" (so to speak) and look back. I think a very good job was done with casting the "older" characters. My favorite episodes were the tribute to Rocky Horror (Barry Bostwick guest starring!), an episode about a doctor with a bad gambling habit, and an episode about a 50's-early 60's era DJ. I saw a lot of actors I'd never heard of before: you realize how many excellent "working actors" there are out there.

I was sickened when heard show had been cancelled and its time slot when to "Undercover Boss", dear God...

And isn't producer Jerry Bruckheimer really something? this show, the CSIs, UMPTEEN films...

by Anonymousreply 101March 23, 2012 5:33 PM

Danny Pino is so fine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 23, 2012 5:45 PM

He's looking a little gaunt on SVU. Maybe it's just age, trying to stay thin.

by Anonymousreply 103March 23, 2012 5:52 PM

What do you imagine his pinga is like, R103? Describe it to me.

by Anonymousreply 104March 23, 2012 5:56 PM

I first noticed him as the Mexican gangster Armadillo on The Shield, the one who burned Ronnie's face on the stove and was burned in revenge. He was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 105March 23, 2012 5:56 PM

R92 -- DL decided she was a lesbian because of her hair, but as for the truth, I do not know

by Anonymousreply 106March 23, 2012 5:57 PM

What do you imagine his pinga is like, [R105]? Describe it to me.

by Anonymousreply 107March 23, 2012 6:09 PM

In tonight's six-hour block of Cold Case to be aired on Ion wil be "A Time to Hate" at 8PM PST:

A 75-year-old woman comes to Lilly seeking justice for her dead son, a college baseball player who was beaten to death outside a gay bar in 1964.

by Anonymousreply 108March 23, 2012 6:10 PM

Danny Pino is still hot on SVU but I agree he looks a little gaunt now, which makes me miss the way Chris Meloni's fat ass filled out his dress pants.

by Anonymousreply 109March 23, 2012 7:37 PM

What do you imagine his pinga is like, R109? Describe it to me.

by Anonymousreply 110March 23, 2012 7:48 PM

Kathryn Morris held me back form watching it. She seriously needs to eat something. She drowns in her clothing. I can't look at her.

by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2012 8:02 PM

What do you imagine his pinga is like, R111? Describe it to me.

by Anonymousreply 112March 23, 2012 9:21 PM

R110 = NSA

by Anonymousreply 113March 23, 2012 9:29 PM

What sort of an answer is that, R113? No strings attached? Pls describe for me Danny Pino's hot Latin pinga in terms of:

Length Girth Circ status Head type Hairiness Ball size Color Texture

by Anonymousreply 114March 23, 2012 10:36 PM

I find Kathryn Morris incredibly annoying on the show. She was supposed to be cocky in the initial shows? I've only watched the show three or four times, but she just seems like she's trying really hard to project delicacy. Or maybe she's trying to project empathy and vulnerability but it comes off as delicacy. I found it a turn-off from the show.

by Anonymousreply 115March 23, 2012 11:17 PM

I've been seeing episodes of Cold Case all over the place, on lots of different channels it seems. I guess the cast will clean up with residual money.

by Anonymousreply 116March 23, 2012 11:24 PM

Watching it right now! It's the episode with the murder of the college baseball player killed during a raid in a 1964 gay bar!!!

Brandon Routh plays the bf.

by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2012 12:21 AM

Are there any good shots of Danny Pino's hot Latin pinga, bulge, hole or taint in that episode, R117?

by Anonymousreply 118March 24, 2012 12:24 AM

I love Danny but he's looking haggard on SVU.

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2012 12:27 AM

I tuned out when I saw the fugly old guy they cast as elder Brandon Routh.

Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 120March 24, 2012 1:17 AM

were there any episodes where Danny Pino wore jeans rather than his suit?

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2012 11:10 AM

How has she earned a living, all these years ? She wasn't a recording artist, so no royalties there, she made some B movies, appeared in nightclubs, guested on variety shows - never had her own series. What's she been living on ? Know she's a recluse, but still need money for rent, or mortage, property taxes, food. Anyone know her ?

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2012 12:58 PM

Isn't Pino a mini man? Someone told me he's like Mark Consuelos - when you meet him in person , hes's adorable, but short, and very slightly built, but everything in scale. Anyway, loved him on "CC", and am waiting for something interesting to happen to him on " Law & Order".

by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2012 1:04 PM

What interesting things do you think will happen to him on Law & Order, R123?

Do you think there will be a moment where Danny Pino, having solved the case, bends over, presents his hot Latin hole to the camera and cries "Me gusta!"

by Anonymousreply 124March 24, 2012 1:20 PM

He's 6ft, R123.

by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2012 4:18 PM

Danny's wife is a plain Jane.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 24, 2012 6:54 PM

She's not plain at all. She's quite attractive. Chubby? Yes. Maybe she's post-pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 127March 24, 2012 6:58 PM

No Bulge, but some skin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 24, 2012 6:59 PM

Pino is packin'.

by Anonymousreply 129March 24, 2012 7:00 PM

I thought Danny would be with someone a little more glamorous, they don't seem like an even match, but it's nice to see a plain girl get the good looking guy for a change.

by Anonymousreply 130March 24, 2012 7:09 PM

Tell us more, R129. Much more - descriptions of length, girth, cut/uncut status, head type, veinage, color, texture, and any other details I may have forgotten.

The stout Hispanic woman at R126 is likely his housekeeper.

by Anonymousreply 131March 24, 2012 8:07 PM

That's his wife with pregnancy weight. She's attractive and not plain at all.

by Anonymousreply 132March 24, 2012 8:16 PM

She's a homely frau who has no idea how to treat his girthy Cuban pinga.

by Anonymousreply 133March 24, 2012 8:21 PM

I like the round detective who eats badly.

by Anonymousreply 134March 25, 2012 2:09 AM

Pino's wife Lilly is not necessarily lacking in looks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 25, 2012 9:55 AM

She is, however, lacking in taste

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 25, 2012 9:58 AM

...and in stature

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137March 25, 2012 10:06 AM

To be fair, R137, that's a really bad photo of both of them. The camera angle is weird, and he also looks short, as well having an odd hyperextension of his knees (meaning they bend backward, or appear to do so).

by Anonymousreply 138March 25, 2012 10:16 AM

I think he looks great in that photo, r138. Relaxed shirt and sweater, casual jeans, legs hyperextended just a touch, giving him an air of devil-may care masculinity - only because he looks laid back.

She, on the other hand, is stuffed into that tight ensemble, wearing tight little shoes that make her feet look nubby and concealed. Her whole packed-sausage effect is topped with that face/neck burying scarf (she seems to be a fan of them) that points directly to her clenched and cinched knees.

Similar hyperextensions, different effects. He looks relaxed, she looks like she's tied-up and tense. It's all on the outfits they chose.

by Anonymousreply 139March 25, 2012 10:38 AM

That frau is plain as a boiled potato. There's no way she knows what to do with Danny's juicy Latin pinga or his sizzling Latin hole.

by Anonymousreply 140March 25, 2012 11:08 AM

In the first season, the cops' subplots focused on the difficulty the detectives had in maintaining relationships. This theme continued throughout the series, but in Pino's character, it was often played for (sorry guys, heterosexual) laughs.

by Anonymousreply 141March 25, 2012 6:56 PM

I'd would love to have my ass RAPED mercalessly by Danny Pino!

by Anonymousreply 142April 6, 2012 10:43 AM

I've seen the entire show all the episodes several times over and never get tired of it. I can't really figure out why I never get tired of it, but I don't. I could watch it every day of my life for the next forty years and not get bored with it. It's cheezy and predictable and manipulative and Katherine Morris is an anorexic albino who always looks like she's going to faint if she exerts the energy to speak above a whisper but I just love it.

by Anonymousreply 143April 6, 2012 11:14 AM

Exactly what R143 said! Pure cheese but one of the most compulsively watchable (and re-watchable) shows on TV. I love it.

by Anonymousreply 144April 6, 2012 12:16 PM

Daniela

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 7, 2012 3:25 AM

The Latino cop likes crazy women

by Anonymousreply 146April 7, 2012 3:44 AM

Agree that the show was formulaic, but god it's addictive! The period detail is just so good, and many of the episodes are just heartbreaking. Yeah, I tear up at the montages at the end.

One of the best episodes (can't remember the title) concerns a college date-rapist who was shot and killed in the early 80s. In the present-day, four of the women he raped are all possible suspects as the murderer. When the women tell their stories in flashbacks, it's so emotional and just really good story-telling. One of my favorites. I wish this series were on Netflix or DVD, but like others have said the music rights are way too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 147April 7, 2012 4:01 AM

Watching it now (west coast) on ION Television.

by Anonymousreply 148April 7, 2012 4:03 AM

[quote]I'd would love to have my ass RAPED mercalessly by Danny Pino!

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 149April 7, 2012 9:55 AM

Danny Pino has a very small head. Has anyone else noticed that? What do you think it signifies?

by Anonymousreply 150April 7, 2012 11:46 AM

On Wednesday 4/11 in LA, ION will air the back to back DL fave episodes on The Rocky Horror show and on the 1930s relationship between the white gal and the black gal.

by Anonymousreply 151April 10, 2012 1:16 PM

The "It's Raining Men" episode is on ION right now!

by Anonymousreply 152June 27, 2012 11:05 PM

[quote] Danny Pino has a very small head. Has anyone else noticed that? What do you think it signifies?

A really bad vacation in New Guinea

by Anonymousreply 153June 27, 2012 11:11 PM

I miss Cold Case. Yes it was formulaic, but god was it addictive, like others have posted. The period episodes that took place from the 30s to the 80s were always my favorites. The 90s and 2000s episodes weren't as compelling, because they were just too recent, and of cours the period detail was half the fun of the show.

One thing about Cold Case was that it made me re-discover songs. Case in point, there was an episode that took place in the late 70s and concerned suburban 'swingers,' and one of them (a young wife and mother) was that week's victim. The song playing over the closing montage was Anne Murray's "Broken Hearted Me," a song I had not heard or even thought about in ages. I had forgotten how great a song that was, and immmediately went on iTunes to download it.

by Anonymousreply 154June 28, 2012 12:10 AM

My favorite episode, one of the best cast episodes of that entire series in my opinion was "Best Friends". I've seen it about six times and I still cry every time. Speaking of, season 2 of that show was particularly gay friendly, not that other seasons weren't but season two was an LGBT buffet for a procedural drama.

Other than the LGBT episodes I also liked "Static" about the disc joky who was shot in his studio, "boy in the box" about that nun who killed her son by accident, and I thought "WASP" was really good too (but I'm a sucker for war time drama).

by Anonymousreply 155June 28, 2012 12:34 AM

Kathryn Morris looked like an old lady.

by Anonymousreply 156June 28, 2012 12:39 AM

I'm getting the episode "Family" about the high school kid who died because he changed his mind about selling his daughter to one of his teachers. "In Your Eyes" is playing in the background for the closing montage.

Next up is "The Promise" about the fat girl that died at the frat party. She's dancing to "Hey Ya" as I type, this show is just so cheesy sometimes. I still love it.

Wish I had LA ION programing. I could watch "Best Friends" ten times in one day and still not get sick of it.

by Anonymousreply 157June 28, 2012 1:03 AM

If you search around some of the streaming video sites like TVlinks you can find a lot of Cold Case episodes.

by Anonymousreply 158June 28, 2012 1:18 AM

Who are you talking about R122?

[quote] And isn't producer Jerry Bruckheimer really something? this show, the CSIs, UMPTEEN films...

He is probably almost a billionaire

by Anonymousreply 159June 28, 2012 2:05 AM

What's all these romours I keep hearing about DANNY PINO - the actor who plays "Scotty Valens" - being a pass-around party pig in real life? Anyone who worked on the set of Cold Case or Law & Order SVU have any info here?

by Anonymousreply 160July 9, 2012 3:14 PM

What are the best episode's to watch out for shots of Danny Pino's musky Latin taint? Are there any episode's where his character goes undercover in the Blatino thug community?

by Anonymousreply 161July 14, 2012 3:16 PM

The thing that always cracked me up was that witnesses or survivors were always alive 50-60-70 years later and still had their memories. Mariette Hartley played the modern day version of a stewardess from the early '60s in one episode and they still had her slogging away at an airline desk even though she would have had to have been pushing 80 at the time.

by Anonymousreply 162July 14, 2012 3:40 PM

Danny Pino looks so different on Cold Case than he does in Law & Order SVU. Hot in both shows, but very different.

by Anonymousreply 163October 2, 2012 9:55 PM

LOL at the longevity of the memories of the surviving people decades later; also the fact that they immediately remember who that person was from 50 years ago and don't have to stop and think. Some of the time span makes no sense. Their was one where the crime had taken place 60 years previously and some of these people would have to be close to 90 but were in way to good of shape and obviously younger than that. Dumb.I love the show though. They get the music right and know the names of the neighborhoods in Philly, but as a lifelong resident I can tell you some of those exteriors are definitely not Philadelphia.

by Anonymousreply 164October 2, 2012 10:02 PM

Still no DVD releases, eh ?? People producing these shows nowadays should be more cognizant of things that are going to result in costs that are prohibitive to releasing other forms of media. Big old revenue loss for CBS, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 165October 2, 2012 10:08 PM

Yeah, the ages didn't match the timeline for many of the really old characters, but the storylines were usually so good you could suspend disbelief.

There were a few cases from the 1930s and 1940s where EVERYBODY was still alive and didn't look a day over 65. And of course they could all remember everything in detail after 70-75 years.

One of the funniest age discrepancies was about a young Japanese-American man who was killed during World War II. His parents, who would have had to be in their 40s back then, were still alive in the present day even though they would both have to be 110 years old.

by Anonymousreply 166October 2, 2012 10:11 PM

[quote]What are the best episode's to watch out for shots of Danny Pino's musky Latin taint? Are there any episode's where his character goes undercover in the Blatino thug community?

I would also be interested to know if there were any "episode's" that featured Pino's musky Latin taint?

by Anonymousreply 167October 3, 2012 12:42 PM

Pino is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 168October 3, 2012 9:23 PM

Bump Forever Blue

by Anonymousreply 169October 18, 2013 6:08 PM

Re no DVD--at least one show replaced all of its music so it could be released on Netflix and Amazon Prime. The DVDs have the original soundtrack.

by Anonymousreply 170October 18, 2013 6:15 PM

What's forever blue?

by Anonymousreply 171October 18, 2013 6:33 PM

I absolutely hated that last guy they tried to pair with blondie.

He was obnoxious and looked like he smelled.

She should have fallen into the arms of that good looking fella who wanted her so bad!

by Anonymousreply 172October 18, 2013 6:38 PM

My fave was the saleslady at the used car lot.

by Anonymousreply 173October 18, 2013 6:57 PM

Someone edited together the "flashback" footage with Jimmy and Coop from Forever Blue. Part 1...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174October 20, 2013 1:35 AM

And part 2 of Jimmy and Coop from Forever Blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175October 20, 2013 1:35 AM

"A Time to Hate" is on at 9 PM eastern on ION tonight. Brandon Routh plays the murdered baseball player's boyfriend (or whatever you call what he was to the deceased).

It always makes me cry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 12, 2015 12:12 AM

gay themed episode on now east coast - never saw this one. Murder in 1964.

by Anonymousreply 177March 12, 2015 1:10 AM

R176, yes this is the one I'm watching now.

by Anonymousreply 178March 12, 2015 1:11 AM

[quote]LOL at the longevity of the memories of the surviving people decades later; also the fact that they immediately remember who that person was from 50 years ago and don't have to stop and think. Some of the time span makes no sense. Their was one where the crime had taken place 60 years previously and some of these people would have to be close to 90 but were in way to good of shape and obviously younger than that. Dumb.I love the show though. They get the music right and know the names of the neighborhoods in Philly, but as a lifelong resident I can tell you some of those exteriors are definitely not Philadelphia.

There were times I laughed at kind of stuff. But I also did like the show. I liked many of the episodes because they tackled different social issues and many episodes were based on real life cases like boy in the box, Texas cadet murder, and West Memphis Three.

by Anonymousreply 179March 12, 2015 1:29 AM

I like the round guy who has a grumpy exterior but a good heart and uses his Balkan language skills to solve the case of a murdered dancer.

by Anonymousreply 180March 12, 2015 1:30 AM

Great show. I used to add two hours to my DVR timer because CBS shows every damn sport in the world, which makes recording anything on the network difficult. After Cold Care was done, I stopped watching CBS for good.

by Anonymousreply 181March 12, 2015 1:43 AM

I loved this show, and thought it was cancelled too soon. The period detail was very impressive, no matter what time period it was.

by Anonymousreply 182March 12, 2015 2:53 AM

R178, it's exactly what I thought my life would be like, being gay then.

by Anonymousreply 183March 12, 2015 3:03 AM

Tessa Thompson was adorable as the butch lesbian in BEST FRIENDS.

My fave episode is probably the one with the actress who played Anne of Green Gables as a child who went missing. FIREFLIES, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 184January 7, 2018 6:25 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!