Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The sad state of Burgers in the United States

Consumer Reports recently ranked the burgers and I had the opportunity to try the top two.

In and Out which has been highly touted on this website was just not good, the meat was not flavorful or beefy tasting...it just seemed so lacking in every way.

Even worse was the dry hockey puck served by 5 brothers. I was able to watch them cook my burger and they used the dreaded burger smasher that they claim keeps the patty bun sized in in actuality robs the patty of juice, fat, and flavor. They also REFUSED to salt my patty before placing it on the grill. If you want your meat salted it must be after cooking. The fries were nice, but the burger was all around BAD.

If those are the top two I can't imagine how disgusting McDonalds must be to rate at the bottom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241May 10, 2019 4:07 PM

I don't get the fuss with Five Brothers. I was in the one in Center City Philly and will not go back. %0D %0D I've had two courses at sit down restaurants delivered in the time it took to get a couple of hamburgers. And shortly after I got my delayed order, they ran out of buns and fries and everyone in line was asked to leave. The burger was just average, at best. %0D %0D At least White Castle is fast and cheap. Five Brothers is neither.

by Anonymousreply 1October 18, 2010 7:34 PM

And White Castle tastes like onions 5 guys tastes of nothing much.

by Anonymousreply 2October 18, 2010 7:41 PM

The best burger I have ever had I made myself.

by Anonymousreply 3October 18, 2010 8:19 PM

Hardee's -- the big ones are excellent. Try the mushroom swiss.

by Anonymousreply 4October 18, 2010 8:27 PM

Fast food hamburgers are convenient when you're in a hurry or in a place where you don't trust the restaurants. Other than that, there's probably at least one diner or bar in your town that can make a better hamburger and fries than any fast food outlet.

by Anonymousreply 5October 18, 2010 8:29 PM

Fuddruckers!

by Anonymousreply 6October 18, 2010 8:29 PM

THere are no burghers left in the US, they have been put out of business by the national chains employing an unskilled proletariat!

by Anonymousreply 7October 18, 2010 8:31 PM

Do you mean "Five Guys"?

by Anonymousreply 8October 18, 2010 8:42 PM

Seriously, r6? I always found Fuddruckers extremely bland. Could never understand why people loved going there.

by Anonymousreply 9October 18, 2010 9:05 PM

Fuddruckers is awful...totally bland.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2010 9:12 PM

There are at least a dozen places in NYC with amazing hamburgers of well-aged, well-fed beef. Why are you all invoking fast food chain burgers?

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2010 9:19 PM

Sounds like full employment has finally been achieved. Good to see people have carefree time on their hands to blitz on about the sad state of burgers in the US. I've never gotten a great hamburger twice from the same place. Grow up. In and out has outstanding quality and consistency of produce in their burgers. I don't know the rest, but making senseless comments of "no beefy flavor" and the like is silly, since just the variation in our own taste buds could account for 99% of the problem. Besides, nothing really tastes good after a rim-burger session and that's when most go out to eat.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2010 9:23 PM

The no beefy flavor comes from subpar meat for which chains are famous.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2010 9:26 PM

[quote]Why are you all invoking fast food chain burgers?%0D %0D %0D Because the thread is about the Consumer Reports [italic]fast food burger survey[/italic]. Try reading before posting sometime.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2010 9:33 PM

Whataburger makes a decent burger. It's the only fast food I bother with.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2010 10:06 PM

I love Hinny Burgers. The onion, lettuce and tomato usually fall out but the mayonnaise is great lube for the choke.

by Anonymousreply 16October 18, 2010 10:15 PM

R11, have you ever looked at a map of the U.S.? NYC is so small, it's nearly invisible.

Not all of us live in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 17October 18, 2010 10:24 PM

R17 we get it, you don't live in NY. I hope you live in a different fabulous place.

London, Paris, Rome?

by Anonymousreply 18October 19, 2010 1:41 PM

It's not so great for us in Sombertown either!

by Anonymousreply 19October 19, 2010 1:46 PM

Honeslty, I've had a very good Inn-n-Out burger before, and the first 5-Guys burger I ever had was awesome. Subsequent ones were meh, but that first one was WOW. So maybe they're just really variable, to those of you who were unimpressed.%0D %0D I think Red Robin gives the best burger around these parts, at least from a chain.%0D %0D (does it count as 'fast food'?)%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 20October 19, 2010 1:52 PM

Ever notice how the same Sysco truck delivers to all the fast food joints?

by Anonymousreply 21October 19, 2010 3:51 PM

I think a lot of them use those pre made patties.

by Anonymousreply 22October 19, 2010 3:55 PM

Culvers

by Anonymousreply 23October 19, 2010 4:24 PM

No mention of Steak 'n Shake? Now I know the list is bogus.

by Anonymousreply 24October 19, 2010 4:31 PM

Blanc Burgers and Bottles in Kansas City is great. Gourmet burgers. Everything from a blue cheese inside out burger to a Kobe burger.

by Anonymousreply 25October 19, 2010 4:35 PM

I've only been to Steak n Shake while in Florida. I've never been please with anything I've ordered. I'm sure it's just a difference in over all experiences while growing up, because I know several people who absolutely delight in going to Steak n Shake, same with Sonic.

by Anonymousreply 26October 19, 2010 4:36 PM

Steak 'n Shake in St. Louis and Springfield, Mo are great. The ones (franchises?) here in Kansas City are awful. Not nearly as good.

by Anonymousreply 27October 19, 2010 4:36 PM

The least of our worries. Unless you happen to be Wimpy, a semi-retarded fat cartoon character.%0D %0D You can make your own burgers you know, Sad Sack.

by Anonymousreply 28October 19, 2010 4:36 PM

Oops! Rule out Blanc Burgers and Bottles. Didn't realize we were only discussing chains/ fast food restaurants. Blanc's is not fast food or cheap.

by Anonymousreply 29October 19, 2010 4:38 PM

For chain places I only like Hardee's or Steak and Shake.%0D %0D As mentioned above we have great hamburger places here in Kansas City: Swagger, BRGR, Blanc, Westport Flea Market, and Jack Gage to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 30October 19, 2010 4:44 PM

What about Tommy's in LA? Doesn't that count as a chain? Love their chiliburgers, although I am sure there are fraus around here who can't deal with the dark messiness.

by Anonymousreply 31October 19, 2010 4:45 PM

It's very regional but Cookout serves the best fast food burger I've ever had, no question.

by Anonymousreply 32October 19, 2010 4:53 PM

Storheims or Culvers butter burgers!

Five Guys are spotty, but when good, they're great. But, I prefer a good pub burger over fast food any time.

by Anonymousreply 33October 19, 2010 4:58 PM

JohnEric @ R30, have you been to Smashburger? I think it's in Prairie Village. Have heard good things about it.

by Anonymousreply 34October 19, 2010 4:58 PM

Recently, I ate an excellent bacon blue cheese burger at The Cheesecake Factory (go ahead and flame me). It was my first time eating a burger there, and I was pleasantly surprised.

by Anonymousreply 35October 19, 2010 5:03 PM

R35 If you liked that may I suggest the spaghetti filled with fat at the Olive Garden.

by Anonymousreply 36October 19, 2010 6:06 PM

In N Out is a triumph of hype over reality. Average burgers, average bun, entirely average. Same with 5 Guys...totally average. Give me Smash Burger anyday.

by Anonymousreply 37October 19, 2010 6:14 PM

I have not been to Smashburger. I think it is a chain out of Denver. It's on 119th St. and Glenwood in Overland Park, way too far out of my bubble. I hear it is good though.

by Anonymousreply 38October 19, 2010 8:45 PM

The burghers of the United States are a sorry lot.

by Anonymousreply 39October 19, 2010 8:49 PM

No love for Fatburger?%0D %0D As for Tommy's some don't serve fries, only chips. As if.

by Anonymousreply 40October 19, 2010 8:52 PM

Fatburger is awful.

by Anonymousreply 41October 19, 2010 8:59 PM

would rather have chips with a burger. Not all that big a fry fan.

by Anonymousreply 42October 19, 2010 9:15 PM

OP, your little burger rant put me in mind of Ignatius J. Reilly. Thanks for the giggles!

p.s. even a veggie like me knows that if you want a really good burger you make it from scratch, at home.

by Anonymousreply 43October 19, 2010 9:40 PM

You're a veggie ayb? I'll make you a veggie burger.

by Anonymousreply 44October 19, 2010 9:46 PM

OP is an idiot. Five Guys burgers are simply exquisite. They have ruined me for burgers prepared anywhere else. Closest thing to heaven in a meat patty I can think of.

by Anonymousreply 45October 19, 2010 10:10 PM

You haven't lived till you've eaten a Slug Burger in Corinth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46October 19, 2010 10:13 PM

[quote]At about twice the price of In-N-Out, SmashBurger has higher quality burgers, with more ingredients, and real ice cream shakes.In addition to their great quality in meat, they have an assortment of chicken salads, sweet potato fries, garlic fries, haystack onions, tempura style, vegetable fritters, and fried pickles. What a delicacy! %0D %0D They mix their own ground meat on site and "smash" it on the grill. They are very juicy and worth paying extra for. Best bacon cheeseburger ever! And the rosemary fries are fabulous. The menu changes to suit local tastes. There are no fried pickles in the Denver and La Jolla (CA) stores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 19, 2010 10:28 PM

R45 We just have different tastes, you like a dry flavorless burger that has had all the juice squished out and has no seasoning.

I prefer something else.

by Anonymousreply 48October 20, 2010 1:17 PM

Or more like, R48, you just had a different experience, and that the burgers are not identical between the place you ate, and the place R45 ate.%0D %0D Did that thought not occur to you?%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 49October 20, 2010 1:48 PM

R49 I wrote the 5 brothers chain after my experience. They told me that it was company policy to use the burger smasher to render the patty to 'bun size', and the 'cook' was also doing his job when he refused to salt my patty before cooking it. That sir will give you a dry tasteless burger every time. We have a man on DL who likes dry tastesless burgers made of poor quality beef. Leave him to his desire.

by Anonymousreply 50October 20, 2010 2:22 PM

[quote] I wrote the 5 brothers chain after my experience. They told me that it was company policy to use the burger smasher to render the patty to 'bun size', and the 'cook' was also doing his job when he refused to salt my patty before cooking it.

Do people actually have sexual relations with you? Like not paid or roofied partners?

by Anonymousreply 51October 20, 2010 2:39 PM

Ummm, i don't eat burgers because of the torture endured by the actual bovine, and the anti womb-in metaphor shaped by its horrific demise. Could we talk about compassionately raised lettuce instead.

by Anonymousreply 52October 20, 2010 2:47 PM

R51 What's sex got to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 53October 20, 2010 2:47 PM

because you clearly have no life...what so ever cunt.

by Anonymousreply 54October 20, 2010 2:53 PM

R50, the first Five Guys burger I had was in Baltimore, and it was [italic]amazing[/italic].%0D %0D They opened up here in Austin, and I went there, and it was ... ok. I guess. I went again a few months later, and it was still meh.%0D %0D Went back to Baltimore, ate there again, and it was amazing.%0D %0D So yeah, even at a chain, the quality and taste can vary a lot.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 55October 21, 2010 12:53 AM

...or maybe you just like Baltimore better.

by Anonymousreply 56October 21, 2010 1:42 PM

R56, that makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever. Grow up and stop reaching.%0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 57October 21, 2010 1:48 PM

I went to a Smashburger in NJ. Pretty tasty. I liked it a little better than Five Guys but Five Guys has great fries.

by Anonymousreply 58October 21, 2010 1:58 PM

Used to live in Orange County, CA and never understood why people were gaga over In'n'Out. There was nothing special about the place and it is owned by fundies who put Biblical verses on the paper products. Always preferred Fatburger.

Grew up in St. Louis and have fond memories of Steak'n'Shake, but it is not as great as it was. If I'm in the Midwest, I go for nostalgia purposes.

Live in Denver now. Smashburger is the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 59October 21, 2010 4:04 PM

No love for Cheeburger Cheeburger?

by Anonymousreply 60October 21, 2010 4:09 PM

Has anybody tried the Red Robin Mount Olympus burger? It sure looks tasty in their commercials.

by Anonymousreply 61October 21, 2010 4:10 PM

I've been to Smashburger. It didn't occur to me that they actually smashed their burgers. Having now eaten there I still don't know why anyone would want their burger smashed.

by Anonymousreply 62October 21, 2010 4:14 PM

Not a chain, but AstroBurger on Santa Monica.

The fries are amazing...especially when dipped into their ranch dressing.

by Anonymousreply 63October 21, 2010 4:14 PM

Ranch Dressing?

gross, just gross.

by Anonymousreply 64October 21, 2010 4:16 PM

Smashing the burger, if done right, gives a nice, flavorful crust to the patty.

by Anonymousreply 65October 21, 2010 4:18 PM

OP is a really terrible person. I trolldar-ed him after something cruel he said in another thread and this one lit up like a Christmas tree.%0D %0D He sounds like a truly miserable person who wants desperately to feel better than others in any possible way. I also think he has some serious issues with weight.

by Anonymousreply 66October 21, 2010 4:26 PM

Kansas City burger lovers!!%0D %0D Sad news--- a friend who works in the restaurant biz told me Blanc Burgers on the Plaza is closing! Hate to lose that place.%0D And they just opened that location. I thought it was a big success? Always busy when we were there.

by Anonymousreply 67October 22, 2010 11:39 PM

yum

by Anonymousreply 68October 24, 2010 10:19 PM

I love fatburger... nice, thick patty, seasoned nicely.

I like in & out a lot too.... just don't care for their fries. They taste a little bland, and are nearly impossible to eat. Most of the basket is filled with little 1/2-inch crumbs of fried potato that you pretty much need a fork to eat. I appreciate that they slice real potatoes on the spot, but they cut them way too small (probably so they cook faster).

by Anonymousreply 69October 24, 2010 10:52 PM

while I don't doubt the "state of burgers" among fast food restaurants isn't great, I wouldn't bases that on Consumer Reports.

I've heard a lot of varying reports about Five Guys. The two times I've eaten there, I thought the burgers were fantastic.

Of all the big, drive-thru chains, I can't think of one that I either (1) actually like, or (2) would eat in a pinch. I have no access to In N' Out.

by Anonymousreply 70October 24, 2010 10:56 PM

My contribution to this thread: I'd like to direct an 'Oh dear' towards r18. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 71October 24, 2010 11:03 PM

The average America eats about 150 hamburgers a year. How is that possible? No wonder so many Americans have heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, and look like slobs. Americans are so unhealthy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72October 1, 2013 2:37 AM

R72 - that's a bogus statistic. There are some people who eat way too many, inflating the numbers. I think I eat one once a month.

by Anonymousreply 73October 1, 2013 2:44 AM

Maybe this should be called the sad state of DL.

Someone's bumping 3-year old threads about burgers and, for Christ's sake, Judy Garland's mother.

by Anonymousreply 74October 1, 2013 2:47 AM

McDonald's is delicious once in awhile bitches. "The sad state of burgers in the United States" is ridiculous! What about the "sad state" of the homeless, or economy or shooting murders ... DL is embarrassing beyond belief sometimes!

by Anonymousreply 75October 1, 2013 2:52 AM

Once a month is healthy/okay, once every three days is not.

by Anonymousreply 76October 1, 2013 3:17 AM

I need to try Red Robin though.

by Anonymousreply 77October 1, 2013 5:10 PM

That Hamilton Burger was SUCH a loser!

by Anonymousreply 78October 1, 2013 5:30 PM

[quote]McDonald's is delicious once in awhile bitches.

No, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 79October 1, 2013 5:33 PM

Anything ... and I mean ANYTHING is better than Bob's Burgers!

by Anonymousreply 80October 1, 2013 5:54 PM

[quote]Once a month is healthy/okay, once every three days is not.

Says an orthorexic nobody on an anonymous website.

by Anonymousreply 81October 1, 2013 5:57 PM

Your pic, r81?

by Anonymousreply 82October 1, 2013 6:30 PM

The last good burger I had was at a Queens diner called the Seville. It was an old fashioned charbroiled 1970s type burger.

by Anonymousreply 83October 1, 2013 6:38 PM

Beck's Prime. Mouth drooling.

by Anonymousreply 84October 1, 2013 6:43 PM

I just can't eat fast food burgers.

I like Good Steer burgers on Long Island. A wall paneled interior from the 1950s; it used to be in the woods. The woods are gone and retail sprawl now surrounds the place, but the burgers are still good.

by Anonymousreply 85October 1, 2013 6:45 PM

How about Roy Rogers?

by Anonymousreply 86December 25, 2013 4:23 AM

Roy Rogers??? Are their burgers made out of Trigger?

by Anonymousreply 87December 25, 2013 4:31 AM

[quote]The average America eats about 150 hamburgers a year. How is that possible? No wonder so many Americans have heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, and look like slobs. Americans are so unhealthy.

Oh, god, that's a crock of shit. Fat doesn't make you fat and it doesn't give you heart disease. Carbs are the problem and where the fuck are you from? This should be good.

by Anonymousreply 88December 25, 2013 4:39 AM

NYC has great burgers, usually at upscale steak houses (or off-shoot projects of same), like Daniel's. New Haven, too. Some good dive burgers in Jersey, but you need to explore or have a foodie friend to recommend. Agree totally with those who damn In/Out and that 5 dump. Crushing the juice out, they're not cooks, they're students with no feeling for cooking. My fries there were soggy, both times I visited in different locales.

Do what James Beard always did...he'd order of a beef cart, a great steak, then have the kitchen 'chop' it (no grindign!) into a larger 'burger' because he believed it was more flavorful than a steak. Make your own burgers at home and make sure 20 to 30 percent fat. Use a Julia Child trick and use chuck for the meat and sirloin fat trimmings blended into the patty. Great!

by Anonymousreply 89December 25, 2013 4:44 AM

In N Out has good burgers and fries and is much less expensive than Five Guys, which are way overpriced.

by Anonymousreply 90December 25, 2013 4:52 AM

As long as no fast-food chain (or even run-of-the-mill, non-steakhouse restaurant) will cook your burger anything less than well-done, there's no way you're going to get a tasty burger from any of them.

And have you thought about just why they have to cook everything to well-done? Yeah, you don't even want to think about the meat-packing and delivery chain.

by Anonymousreply 91December 25, 2013 9:34 AM

Burgers are gross, they give you the fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 92December 25, 2013 9:40 AM

I like the burgers at all of the places rated by Consumer Reports (including those on the lower end), and I think they've got the order about right. Before you call me fat, I'm 5'10" and 150 pounds. But I do love me some burgers.

by Anonymousreply 93December 25, 2013 1:07 PM

Shake Shake had great little burgers when they first opened. Haven't had one in a few years - are they still good?

by Anonymousreply 94December 25, 2013 1:21 PM

In N Out just opened in Austin. The lines of traffic are insane, they have police directing traffic. I just don't see the big deal.

by Anonymousreply 95December 25, 2013 1:29 PM

Simma down nah!

by Anonymousreply 96December 25, 2013 1:40 PM

The burghers have been in a terrible state since 2009, and not enough has been done to improve their lot since then.

by Anonymousreply 97December 25, 2013 1:46 PM

20% fat? Are you high? I only use Laura's 4%.

by Anonymousreply 98December 25, 2013 1:51 PM

The best hamburger places are always locally owned. What fast food places are good for is grabbing a meal when you're on the road and want to take reasonable precautions against food poisoning.

by Anonymousreply 99December 25, 2013 1:59 PM

Burger Fi

by Anonymousreply 100December 25, 2013 2:39 PM

R7: the low-wage workers in the fast-food industry are NOT members of the proletariat. They are not industrial workers, and their labor has no value (according to the system, not their contributions).

by Anonymousreply 101December 25, 2013 6:51 PM

Smell fuckin' Karl Marx ar R101!

by Anonymousreply 102December 25, 2013 7:45 PM

I am going to limit myself to true fast food chain places, not sit down restaurants like Red Robin, Max & Ermas, etc. My criteria for fast food is can it be handed to you through a take out window, does it come wrapped in paper versus served on china, etc. Of those type of places, I actually think Dairy Queen has the best burgers. They are the closest to what I would prepare on the grill at home. Cooking them on the brazier makes the difference, and the fries are better too.... pretty much because unlike larger places, I am pretty sure they still use a mix of tallow and oil. At a minimum, because the chicken is fried in the same oil as the fries, the oil is picking up some fat from the chicken over the weeks of use that give a flavor dimension to the fries that used to be common years ago at places like McDonalds but no longer is since they changed to 100% vegetable oils.

by Anonymousreply 103December 26, 2013 4:18 AM

You people going to fast food joints are kind of sad. Make your own burgers at home with friends and loved ones, good beer or liquor. Enjoy your fellow human being and the outdoors if weather permits. Always use grass fed beef, grain finished if you like. Add pastured bacon grease or grass fed butter to the meat before you make patties. Adding a good quality ground pork is nice too. Fat is not the enemy if the quality is good.

You can make all the different types too if you like, smash, juicy Lucy, etc.... I'm partial to potato rolls for the buns, or onion.

by Anonymousreply 104December 26, 2013 6:05 AM

I only eat Umani Burgers.

by Anonymousreply 105December 26, 2013 11:13 AM

I keep hearing about many kids today having Ass Burgers. What exactly is an ass burger?? Doesn't sound appetizing to me!

by Anonymousreply 106December 26, 2013 12:16 PM

Umami burgers are so overrated.

by Anonymousreply 107December 26, 2013 12:19 PM

Hamburgao is my place - two locations in Newark and one in Kearny (NJ)

by Anonymousreply 108December 26, 2013 1:17 PM

R101 - Fast-food workers are the classic example of the proletariat.

The are low-wager earners. I don't think anyone will dispute that.

There only substantial possession of material wealth is their labor.

They don't own the means of production.

Classic proletariat.

As far as burgers are concerned - I've yet to have a burger that actually tastes like beef in any place I would consider fast food. Which would be why the only fast food places I go to are sub shops and pizza by the slice.

by Anonymousreply 109December 26, 2013 2:11 PM

Jesus, I would kill for an animal style In-N-Out burger or even Five Guys right now.

by Anonymousreply 110December 26, 2013 3:19 PM

R104 is a pretentious, presumptuous, clueless ass.

by Anonymousreply 111December 26, 2013 4:30 PM

I love "Le Blu" burger at the Burger Brassserie in the Paris Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Cooked to your desire, with bacon, blue cheese, avocado, and the rest of the trimmings. OMG!! Every time I go to Vegas I have to make a stop there and order a Le Blu. Its a meal into itself. If you are alone, no need for fries or anything else . If you can share, order the tower of onion rings. It is even better at happy hour time when you get 2 for 1 priced drinks. If you're lucky maybe even Damon will be tending bar, and do his beer bottle balancing act.

by Anonymousreply 112December 28, 2013 9:12 PM

Burgers are something I like to go out for. Here in Pittsburgh, BRGR (East Liberty) is my favorite place to go. They get "rare" right more often than anywhere else, and the waiters are professional, cute, and friendly (the waitresses, too, but I figure this is a "waiter" crowd).

by Anonymousreply 113December 28, 2013 9:18 PM

R111, would you care to elaborate why?!?! Thanks

by Anonymousreply 114December 28, 2013 9:30 PM

In Grand Rapids, Michigan, they call them "hamburgs" or "burgs."

As far as chains go, the best is Culver's.

by Anonymousreply 115December 28, 2013 9:36 PM

R114, I'm not R111, but I reacted in a similar manner to your post. It starts in the first sentence of R104. People don't need your fake pity.

I don't eat fast food burgers, either. But other people's doing so isn't "sad."

I looked at your post again. This portion

[quote]Enjoy your fellow human being and the outdoors if weather permits.

may have been what R111 was talking about when he called you "pretentious" and "clueless." There is nothing about eating fast food that precludes "enjoy(ing) your fellow human being."

All in all, a pretty strange post. I'll bet the fast food eaters would like to grind you up and serve you as a burger. I wonder how much fat you'd yield.

by Anonymousreply 116December 28, 2013 9:42 PM

The last decent fast food burger I had was at UBurger in their Kenmore Square location. Good cheap eats!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117December 28, 2013 9:44 PM

Burgers and red meat are bad for your health, as studies continue to confirm. Stop eating that crap.

by Anonymousreply 118December 28, 2013 9:45 PM

R113 Pittsburgh got an upscale burger place?

Something that isn't The Dirty O or Ritters (or that godforsaken Primanti's)?

Wow, I'm impressed.

by Anonymousreply 119December 28, 2013 9:48 PM

Vegetarians are laughing at all of you burger-eating assholes.

Have fun with your heart disease and colon cancer!

by Anonymousreply 120December 28, 2013 9:50 PM

Did you eat at any of those places, R119? I have eaten at the O and Ritter's exactly once each, and at Primanti's zero times.

by Anonymousreply 121December 28, 2013 9:51 PM

Keep swallowing that tofu, R120. Looks like white shit.

by Anonymousreply 122December 28, 2013 9:52 PM

I thought for a chain restaurant, Whataburger was pretty damn good.

Like plenty of others have stated, the best will always be the ones you cook yourself or at some random independent restaurant/bar/diner.

by Anonymousreply 123December 28, 2013 9:52 PM

R120 - my vegan friend has breast cancer that's become metastatic. So, good luck avoiding cancer.

by Anonymousreply 124December 28, 2013 9:57 PM

Ok national-ish chain ranking:

Shake shack

In n out (varies by location)

5guys ( varies by location )

Ruby Tuesdays prime burger (surprisingly tasty & juicy)

Red robin ( a piece of poo on a bun)

by Anonymousreply 125December 28, 2013 9:58 PM

Guys, you gotta taste Elevation burgers-they use only grass fed, free range ground beef. They are out of this world! I have nver been much of a burger person but this place changed my mind. It is a small chain that is slowly growing; whenever I am in Morrestown,NJ I always stop by this place. Outstanding!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126December 28, 2013 9:59 PM

Red Robin is pretty average. I don't why it has such a burger paradise reputation.

by Anonymousreply 127December 28, 2013 10:03 PM

No one said anything about avoiding cancer altogether, 124.

In fact, I mentioned color cancer specifically. And meat consumption is indeed as linked to that as smoking is to lung cancer.

Do non-smokers still get lung cancer? Occasionally. But would you still use that as an excuse to smoke?

R122? Wow. You're a clever one, dissing tofu. Because vegetarians only ever eat salad and tofu, right? Fucking ignorant moron. I don't even like tofu, btw.

Animal consumption reaps untold havoc on this planet. Accept it.

by Anonymousreply 128December 28, 2013 10:06 PM

Fuck you even if you don't eat tofu, R128.

by Anonymousreply 129December 28, 2013 10:08 PM

And not everyone who eats meat gets colon cancer, R128. But that's exactly what you implied.

by Anonymousreply 130December 28, 2013 10:09 PM

Read what I wrote again, R130.

Slowly this time.

You'll comprehend it eventually.

by Anonymousreply 131December 28, 2013 10:19 PM

Oh, I comprehend what you said, R128. You're like most sanctimonious vegetarians who think they're oh-so-healthy and have to look down on what others eat. And so you didn't say all people who eat 'meat' - you said 'burger eating assholes'. So not only are we inferior to you, we're also assholes. Oh, I think EVERYONE on here comprehended what you said, R128. And basically, EVERYONE thinks YOU'RE the asshole. Comprehend?

by Anonymousreply 132December 28, 2013 10:30 PM

Every recent study has found red meat consumption to be very unhealthy. In fact, the studies are progressively finding the negative effects of red meat to be plentiful, and experts are pretty much saying red meat should be eaten very rarely if at all.

by Anonymousreply 133January 1, 2014 2:24 PM

Is there a great place in DC to get a burger? Not a chain ... more a diner or dive?

by Anonymousreply 134January 1, 2014 2:28 PM

F&F for R120/R128

by Anonymousreply 135January 1, 2014 4:33 PM

This guy has been making the burger specials from "Bob's Burgers," including Louise's infamous "Molester Burger (Comes with candy)."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 1, 2014 5:01 PM

I think it should be pointed out that In N Out is truly unique for a high volume, large scale chain of their size. They have amazing quality control and no freezers - everything is cooked on the spot.

5 Guys is pretty solid too, but they are more expensive and have no drive through.

Here in SF there is a chain called SuperDuper that is pretty damn good.

by Anonymousreply 137January 1, 2014 5:08 PM

Elevation burgers have a weird chemical taste.

by Anonymousreply 138January 1, 2014 5:31 PM

I love Dairy Queen

by Anonymousreply 139January 11, 2014 6:26 PM

Tasty Burger in Boston, Southie, and Cambridge. Grass fed beef, not over cooked,and with good toppings

by Anonymousreply 140January 11, 2014 7:59 PM

r140 do they grind their own beef?

Industrial ground beef is scary. I learned more than I should have when Oprah got sued.

by Anonymousreply 141January 11, 2014 8:10 PM

I worked in South America for awhile and the beef there was fantastic, even hamburgers in fast food places like McDonald's. Coming back to the U.S., it was several years before I ate any type of beef here.

by Anonymousreply 142January 11, 2014 11:13 PM

5 guys uses the burger smasher and refuses to salt the meat, bland and dry shit.

by Anonymousreply 143January 12, 2014 12:23 PM

Ray's Hell Burger is the best

by Anonymousreply 144July 6, 2014 7:04 PM

You should try Bilder Burgers. I eat there all the time.

by Anonymousreply 145July 6, 2014 7:44 PM

I just got back from Burger King, the Whopper was delicious!

by Anonymousreply 146July 6, 2014 8:25 PM

White Castle smells like ass. I couldn't bring myself to eat one. Out here on the Left Coast a place called Umami Burger. Excellent burgers but you are going to pay $$. Otherwise I don't eat them.

by Anonymousreply 147July 6, 2014 8:33 PM

Shake Shack is best

by Anonymousreply 148July 19, 2014 4:49 PM

R18

New York is so NOT a fabulous place! Here's just a few reasons why it is mediocre: Bravo network Dirty Scummy Smelly Inferior subways also smelly Not much really going on except theatre NBC headquarters Eurotrash Russiatrash inferior hotels restaurants people rave over for no real reason other than it is NY crime dead gay scene a city living on its' past lots of screwed up people a city that has PR'd itself to the max--smart people aren't buying it

SO THERE NOT EVERYONE EVEN WANTS TO LIVE IN NY!

by Anonymousreply 149July 19, 2014 4:56 PM

[quote]Keep swallowing that tofu, [R120]. Looks like white shit.

Vegetarians have pretty good synth-burgers these days. Morningstar's Grillers Prime is very close to a real meat experience. I haven't had a really bad brand lately except for Boca's Original Vegan style, which is dreadful. Boca's vegan and vegetarian 'chicken' products are quite good, though.

I used to ask for In and Out's secret menu 'grilled cheese' to take out, then I'd slip a Prime patty in the bun at home. Until I found out they're grilled in meat juices. So I'll just stick with their frys.

by Anonymousreply 150July 19, 2014 5:42 PM

I didn't think In and Out was great. It was okay, but I can't believe how I always hear celebs go on and on about it. It's as if the only other burger they have ever had was from McDonalds

I don't understand the cult following regarding What-A-Burger or Fuddruckers either. They are just fried hamburgers. I don't like fried/griddled hamburgers. I only like flame grilled

by Anonymousreply 151July 19, 2014 6:14 PM

The Burger Philosophy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 19, 2014 7:43 PM

I tried Five Guys and Shake Shack burgers - both which got major hype and word of mouth. Neither had seasoning or beef flavor. The fries were very good though.

by Anonymousreply 153July 19, 2014 8:11 PM

Shake Shack has awful fries. Awesome burgers.

by Anonymousreply 154July 27, 2014 4:10 PM

In ABQ, NM, we love Blakes Lota Burger.

They do smash the burger but the burgers are tasty. Even better w/homegrown green chile.

by Anonymousreply 155July 27, 2014 4:26 PM

It is hard to beat Shake Shack

by Anonymousreply 156August 2, 2014 4:37 PM

R156, Vegas finally got it's 1st Shack Shack, in the Southpoint Casino. Huge line for both take out and seating, in mid-afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 157August 2, 2014 4:46 PM

I now think Shake Shack is best chain in nation.

by Anonymousreply 158August 17, 2014 1:04 AM

I can't believe White Castle got a higher rating thank BK, Wendy's and McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 159August 17, 2014 1:21 AM

You gals need to learn the art of making your own good burgers.

by Anonymousreply 160August 17, 2014 1:29 AM

R150 why would you want to eat something made to look and taste like a burger if you are a vegetarian?

by Anonymousreply 161August 17, 2014 3:00 AM

Because like most every American, I grew up enjoying the taste of meat, R150. But thanks to modern science, regardless of my motivation in being vegetarian, no actual critters have to croak. Win!!

by Anonymousreply 162August 17, 2014 2:16 PM

Make that 161, with extra onions and a pickle slice.

by Anonymousreply 163August 17, 2014 2:18 PM

In N Out Burger was good, but Steak N Shake is just as good. The one on Commercial in Springfield MO is the best I've been to, but others around the Midwest are just as good.

There's a local chain called Vista in NE Kansas that's very good. Don't know if any of the old Kansas posters are still here but if so, if you are ever near a Vista, try it.

by Anonymousreply 164August 17, 2014 2:28 PM

This thread is so stupid. I've eaten burgers all over the world, and the US definitely has THE best burgers in the world. If you're talking about shitty fast food restaurants, then of course their going to be shitty. But at a real restaurant or even just people who like to barbeque, I think we make the best burgers.

by Anonymousreply 165August 17, 2014 3:40 PM

Five guys is great for being able to customize it with all the toppings you want for no additional cost. You can't discount the value of that.

by Anonymousreply 166August 17, 2014 3:46 PM

I like Shake Shack burgers but their fries suck. Five Guys is good but the one by us closed down after only a year. Five Guys had good fries but way too many! I haven't had In N Out or Steak N Shake - I don't think we have those in NYC.

Shake Shack also has good hot dogs. I'm from Chicago originally and miss those Chicago hot dogs which have been dragged through the garden. Shake Shack's Shack-cago dog is a fair approximation.

by Anonymousreply 167August 17, 2014 3:55 PM

Love Whataburger! Plus they have awesome ketchup packets.

by Anonymousreply 168August 17, 2014 4:05 PM

I love how illiterate ranters like r149 can turn any thread into a "Bash NYC" thread!

I'm surprised he wasn't able to squeeze in the always popular "You all live in SHOE BOXES!" comment.

It must have been time to watch his Oprah Master Class in "Finding Your Bliss", or somesuch.

by Anonymousreply 169August 17, 2014 4:15 PM

It's a source of eternal debate: Which fast food place has the best burgers and fries?

According to a new study, over one third of Americans think that McDonald’s has the best fries, but only 7 percent think that the Golden Arches' burger was the best.

A YouGov, which surveyed over 1,100 Americans to find out who had the best fast food in the country, also showed that the fast food joint with the best burger was Burger King and Five Guys, who tied with 15 percent of vote

Both chains are known for letting diners customize their toppings and condiments.And despite Taco Bell shaking up the breakfast wars, McDonald’s (17 percent) and Burger King (16 percent) both trumped the competition when it came to having the best breakfasts.

The survey also ranked “healthiest” and favorite overall fast food in America. New Yorkers opted for Chipotle as best overall, but the rest of America likes Chik-Fil-A. Not too surprising as the Big Apple only has one restaurant.

While fast casual restaurants are gaining popularity, traditional fast food eateries are still raking in major bucks, over $191 billion 2013, according to Forbes.

by Anonymousreply 170November 10, 2014 1:30 AM

Describe Smashburgers

by Anonymousreply 171January 28, 2015 1:37 AM

Habit burger in California was better than in n out OR 5 guys!

by Anonymousreply 172January 28, 2015 2:09 AM

Habit?

by Anonymousreply 173January 28, 2015 2:14 AM

Not really fair to compare The Habit, Smashburger and Five Guys to In-N-Out, which is much cheaper and has a very limited menu.

by Anonymousreply 174January 28, 2015 2:15 AM

Sad state? I'm DEAD!

by Anonymousreply 175January 28, 2015 2:16 AM

[quote]If those are the top two I can't imagine how disgusting McDonalds must be to rate at the bottom.

You mean to say you've never ever had a McDonalds? Are you 90 years old?

by Anonymousreply 176January 28, 2015 2:21 AM

Forget the fast food burger.

Rachel Ray has so many great burger recipes that are easy to make and often with healthy options.

Stay at home and make burgers with someone you love!

by Anonymousreply 177January 28, 2015 2:24 AM

Steak and Shake in Denver is nasty. Steak and Shakes are great in Missoui...Columbia, St. Louis, Springfield. Whataburger is good in Tulsa and Dallas. Good Times Burgers in Denver is good.

by Anonymousreply 178January 28, 2015 2:34 AM

I challenge anyone to find a chain burger better than Shake Shack's

by Anonymousreply 179August 31, 2015 5:34 PM

I love Lucky's Burgers in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 180August 31, 2015 5:48 PM

It's technically "Lucky's Famous Burgers."

by Anonymousreply 181August 31, 2015 5:49 PM

Shake Shack is great

by Anonymousreply 182December 30, 2016 7:29 PM

I had Shake Shack in London. Yeah, I know, I know. And NO. Tasted like the meat was pan fried in extra lite olive oil on low-medium heat. Fries were nasty too.

My favourite LA burger is at tourist Mecca the Santa Monica Pier. It is creatively called Pier Burger. And there is usually a cart outside with a guy making that awesome Mexican fruit salad with lemon and chilli you can enjoy for dessert.

I also loathe Umami burger,

by Anonymousreply 183December 30, 2016 7:38 PM

You have to be whack not to love Shake Shack fries. Freak

by Anonymousreply 184December 30, 2016 7:44 PM

Making a good burger is NOT hard. Most of these restaurants should be ashamed. I totally agree with a poster above about going to virtually any pub or bar that serves burgers.

by Anonymousreply 185December 30, 2016 8:24 PM

I'm not sure what your point is R17. There are good burger places all over the country. You don't have to resort to fast food chains or going to NYC to get a good burger.

This thread is like suggesting there are only two choices to get Italian food either Olive Garden or make it yourself.

You want a great burger? I'm talking hamburger meat on a bun. No extras beyond ketchup, mustard, onion and pickles. Got to the Cattlemen's tent at a state fair in flyover country. Delicious burger actually cooked and served by the cattlemen. (A definite plus.)

Plus as mentioned above local bars often have a great burger.

by Anonymousreply 186December 30, 2016 8:33 PM

My favorite burger is Jackson Hole in the UES. Their Texas Burger is great. There's a restaurant in Philadelphia called Rouge and their burger is also pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 187December 30, 2016 8:40 PM

Try Ray's Hell burgers in Arlington

by Anonymousreply 188May 28, 2017 12:07 AM

A Whopper with bacon & cheese is THE best fast food burger out there

by Anonymousreply 189May 28, 2017 12:12 AM

I keep seeing %OD in the posts. Is it my computer doing something wacky or is this some kind of DL thing?

P.S. All the fast food burgers I've had in recent years including 5 Guys stinks. Believe it or not back in the day the McDonald's Quarter Pounder was delicious. Now it smells like the old dog food Alpo beef used to smell. 5 Guys does have the best fries, I'll give them that. The portion used to be huge, even the kiddie or whatever they call the smallest size was more than I could eat. now they skimp on them. They do salt those but will leave the salt off if you want as will all fast food places. What I like about 5 Guys is they fry in peanut oil, which is healthy. They also leave the skin on and use fresh not frozen fries. What I do now is go there, order a small fries and fill up on peanuts for protein and to hell with the burger.

by Anonymousreply 190May 28, 2017 12:25 AM

Theres a funky little place in Reno called Cross Eyed Katys that makes the best damn burger I've ever tasted - and I've eaten A LOT of burgers, all over the world. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 191May 28, 2017 2:37 AM

Americans really are suicidal and destructive with their diets.

by Anonymousreply 192May 29, 2017 1:35 PM

Cookout has great burgers

by Anonymousreply 193June 17, 2018 5:19 PM

I had a great hamburger at 5 Napkin Burger on the UWS. A few months later I went to 5 Napkin Burger on the UES and it was a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 194June 17, 2018 5:41 PM

All american food is shit on a shingle but for the top tier restaurants. That’s why everyone is so fucking obese

by Anonymousreply 195June 17, 2018 5:53 PM

How elitist of you dude

by Anonymousreply 196June 17, 2018 6:13 PM

Make your own burgers. Seriously. Not that hard nor expensive. Maybe difficult to manage if you're single and can't share, but as a couple here, we can just make several burgers at once and have 1-2 for dinner, and leftovers for the next day or two.

by Anonymousreply 197June 17, 2018 6:24 PM

Not fast food, but the Bacon Cheeseburger on Steroids at Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar is incredible. It’s super high in calories, so I only eat it like once a year.

by Anonymousreply 198June 17, 2018 6:26 PM

My favorite Burger.

Can we get Lin-Manuel to write a musical about THIS Hamilton?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 17, 2018 6:57 PM

Don't like reading Bible passages with my burger.

by Anonymousreply 200June 17, 2018 7:48 PM

[quote]Culvers

Be prepared to pay, really pay. $14 yesterday for a veggie burger 'basket' with burnt onion rings and a roor beer float, at the drive through. The burger was fine, the float was small and half melted.

by Anonymousreply 201June 17, 2018 8:22 PM

Took a long time before the "Why don't you make your own" troll showed up.

Why don't you make your own? Some reasons

1) I'm meeting friends/coworkers at the burger place

2) I'm caught in traffic and won't get home for 2 hours and I skipped lunch

3) I don't want a reheated hamburger for lunch that I made last night

4) I deserve to get a decent burger when I go out for one

5) I don't fucking feel like cooking, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 202June 17, 2018 8:32 PM

Another vote for Cookout....

by Anonymousreply 203June 17, 2018 11:15 PM

Cookout is cheap Too

by Anonymousreply 204June 17, 2018 11:17 PM

Fast food=shitty food.

by Anonymousreply 205June 17, 2018 11:24 PM

I love Good fast food bro

by Anonymousreply 206June 17, 2018 11:45 PM

Baagaa in Paris 16e

by Anonymousreply 207June 17, 2018 11:49 PM

Rays Hell Burgers

by Anonymousreply 208June 17, 2018 11:55 PM

The Habit is one of the best. In n Out is way overhyped - not that great and insane crowds who just want to Insta

by Anonymousreply 209June 18, 2018 12:03 AM

The Juicy Lucy at The Nook in St. Paul, MN.

The Juicy Lucy is a stuffed burger. The cheese is between two beef patties.

by Anonymousreply 210June 18, 2018 12:23 AM

The Habit and Smashburger are both good and not overpriced. The Habit has great tempura green beans you can get in lieu of fries.

by Anonymousreply 211June 18, 2018 12:31 AM

Has anyone tried Burgerim? I think it's Israeli. Tiny burgers (like sliders) made of your choice of numerous kinds of meats. You have to buy them in pairs or in threes. They've opened two near me in the past year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212June 18, 2018 12:33 AM

I don't know how they can rate these places because each series of chains is different. It is always who cooks it. There is only ONE person I want making my pizza at Pizza Hut because it is the only pizza that tastes good. No one else in the entire restaurant makes a pizza that tastes like his and that is just one Pizza Hut.

I ate at a 5 Brothers once in D.C. It was the best hamburger I had ever had. It was thick, juicy, medium rare. Obviously they are not all the same at the different 5 Bothers. There is no way to rate these chain restaurants.

as far as McDonald's, I will go 5 or 6 years without eating there but then I will crave one, strictly for nostalgia of having eaten there when I was 10 in the 1950's. They eventually changed their food which is why I stopped eating there and most doesn't taste the same but there is that little bit that takes me back. I haven't tried their hamburgers since they switched the beef and will see if that is any better, eventually. The french fries will never be the same because they used to cook them in animal fat and they were the best french fires ever. Now they have no taste.

by Anonymousreply 213June 18, 2018 12:34 AM

[quote]I ate at a 5 Brothers once in D.C. It was the best hamburger I had ever had. It was thick, juicy, medium rare. Obviously they are not all the same at the different 5 Bothers. There is no way to rate these chain restaurants.

Are you talking about Five Guys?

by Anonymousreply 214June 18, 2018 1:19 AM

Smashburgers taste great, but what a mess. Even if you're eating in the restaurant, order it to go so you have the wrapper to hold some of the mess.

My brother and SIL like the Burger Palace (Houston). Very tasty. Beware: the prices are also fit for a king.

And I'd never turn down Beck's Prime burger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215June 18, 2018 1:34 AM

r214 Oh yeah, you're right I think that is what it was.

by Anonymousreply 216June 18, 2018 1:41 AM

Elevation Burger

by Anonymousreply 217June 18, 2018 7:50 AM

Shake Shack is the only fast food I get excited for. I wouldn’t mind trying Sonic, although I’ve heard from others that it’s overrated.

by Anonymousreply 218June 18, 2018 8:37 AM

[quote]Are you talking about Five Guys?

If I meant Five Guys, I would’ve said Five Guys, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 219June 18, 2018 9:06 AM

r214 that was NOT me that responded to you in 219. you were right it was 5 guys and not 5 brothers. my response was r216. I have no idea why someone else tried to post as me.

by Anonymousreply 220June 18, 2018 10:24 AM

This is is good:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 18, 2018 11:17 AM

Many of the young set have stopped eating burgers and chose healthy avocado toast instead.

So they don't get heart disease but they do get colon cancer...

by Anonymousreply 222June 18, 2018 11:24 AM

At least they won't be a grossly obese as you are R222. That's got to count for something.

by Anonymousreply 223June 18, 2018 11:34 AM

Some nasty pieces of work on this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224June 18, 2018 1:34 PM

Colon cancer?

by Anonymousreply 225June 18, 2018 1:55 PM

Yeah colon cancer????

by Anonymousreply 226June 18, 2018 2:01 PM

I don't get the love for Shake Shack. Their burgers are ok, not great. They're a bit too greasy, er sorry, "juicy" for my likes.

5 Guys is ok, but their bun doesn't hold the burger if you get a double.

Still, both of these places are miles ahead of McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 227June 18, 2018 2:12 PM

[quote]M. Ghandi

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 228June 18, 2018 5:01 PM

Shake Shack is great

by Anonymousreply 229June 18, 2018 5:18 PM

There are very good burger places all over the USA. I don't think the burgers at a franchise or big company are going to be that fantastic because of the way they supply the meat.

For instance, there's a place called Li'l Woody's in Seattle that serves fantastic burgers. Just get out there and go to stand alone joints, and avoid the big companies.

by Anonymousreply 230June 18, 2018 5:22 PM

Five Guys rules

by Anonymousreply 231July 10, 2018 10:46 PM

OP types extremely fat and poor.

by Anonymousreply 232July 10, 2018 10:51 PM

The last time I ate in and out I threw up 12 times ,an hour later that was about 14 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 233July 10, 2018 10:51 PM

Cookout

by Anonymousreply 234July 10, 2018 11:17 PM

Shake Shack has phenomenal fries

by Anonymousreply 235July 11, 2018 12:53 AM

I’m Hungry

by Anonymousreply 236July 11, 2018 2:29 AM

CHAPEL HILL Of all the many burgers in this burger-loving nation, the best is in Chapel Hill.

That's according to travel review site TripAdvisor, which said Al's Burger Shack on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill serves the best burger in America. The list appears on Food and Wine's website.

TripAdvisor crunched the numbers on burger reviews across the country, and Al's Burger Shack topped this list, with 272 reviews averaging 4.5 stars.

Read more here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237July 12, 2018 11:40 AM

[quote]Shake Shack has phenomenal fries

I would really like to see more places serving crinkle-cut fries like they do. Crinkle fries rule, and hardly anybody serves them.

by Anonymousreply 238July 12, 2018 12:13 PM

Remember, for a while Shake Shack, switched to regular fries. An outcry led them to switch back to crinkles.

by Anonymousreply 239July 12, 2018 12:23 PM

Shake Shack has great fries

by Anonymousreply 240May 10, 2019 12:53 PM

There are a number of things that influence the taste of a burger:

Frozen patty-forget it.

Fat content-fat is flavor

Quality of beef, aged or not.

How it is cooked- searing on a flat top imparts flavor as does flame broiling. Steaming imparts nothing .

Seasonings. - Salt & Pepper only is best, but occasionally additional spices or light amounts of onion are good as well.

And finally veggie substitutes are not burgers and should be banned.

by Anonymousreply 241May 10, 2019 4:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!