Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Archie Panjabi

Love her as Kalinda in The Good Wife, what do we know about her?

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2019 3:37 PM

She was on the UK version of "Life on Mars" as Sam's 2006 girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2010 5:09 PM

She is in one of my favorite Brit movies " East is East". And of course "Bend it like Beckham".

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2010 5:27 PM

So, does she have a girlfriend? Boyfriend? Has anyone seen her her around town in NY?

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2010 5:38 PM

Ha, I hadn't recognized her as Pinky in [italic]Bend It Like Beckham[/italic]. Nothing about her personal life at IMDB other than her having spent time in Mumbai as well as the UK.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2010 6:22 PM

She played Russell Crowe's smart assistant in A Good Year too. Somehow that ended up in my Netflix queue, so I begrudgingly watched it. Not really your typical RC flick, so it was enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2010 7:06 PM

I swear her "Beckham" line about her ceremony falling apart was the best comment about weddings I've ever heard, and should be on a repeat loop at every bridal shower and bachelor/bachelorette party.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2010 8:21 PM

she looks like a midget.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2010 8:25 PM

I find her very sexy, and I'm a gay guy.%0D %0D I love her character on TGW, and how she's always plying Julia's character with booze. And how she won't define her sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2010 8:31 PM

I am happy she got an EMMY nomination today.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2010 8:35 PM

she is a total cunt on the set.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2010 11:44 PM

Any more info r10?

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2010 3:34 AM

Best character and performance on a new TV series this year, I hope she wins her well deserved Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2010 4:00 AM

Best character and best peformance in a new TV series this year, I hope she takes home a well deserved Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2010 4:02 AM

Does she work at the Kwik-E Mart?

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2010 4:06 AM

Post-Emmy Nomination Interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2010 6:12 AM

Details, please, R10. Do you work on the set? I always assumed it would be Margulies that is the bitch given her reputation on the ER set. I never thought Panjabi would be the difficult one.

by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2010 6:47 AM

She played a closeted lesbian (sorta- her love interest was MTF transgendered) in Personal Affairs; she was the best thing in a really bad show.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2010 12:51 PM

r 10?

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2010 10:04 PM

She has a husband r3

by Anonymousreply 19July 12, 2010 11:26 AM

Her Emmy was well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 20August 30, 2010 3:21 AM

[quote]I always assumed it would be Margulies that is the bitch given her reputation on the ER set.

Marguelis is a doll according to a friend who works on the show. She's usually very, very tired (a small baby at home) and just wants to do a good job and go home. The hours can be grueling.

by Anonymousreply 21August 30, 2010 3:32 AM

[quote] she is a total cunt on the set.

At the end of her acceptance speech, she said "This is so good for my career." And she wasn't making a joke.

by Anonymousreply 22August 30, 2010 3:35 AM

This is an old thread, but I am intrigued by this actress. Someone mentioned on another thread that she and Julianna M. are estranged on the set of The Good Wife. Does anyone know AP?

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2013 4:20 PM

Archie is gorgeous.

Is that her real accent?

by Anonymousreply 24January 6, 2014 11:30 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 25April 4, 2014 9:21 PM

Her act appeals to the amoral, and those who thin think sneering is an expression of culture.

She's nothing special.

by Anonymousreply 26April 4, 2014 9:26 PM

Well, I've just "discovered" her thanks to THE FALL.

What's the deal with Margulies and Panjabi? Competition? I checked some YouTube videos of the show and was shocked at how old Marguelis looks... like an embalmed corpse wearing kabuki make-up. She is not that much older than Panjabi, six years, but the difference in looks is staggering.

by Anonymousreply 27December 17, 2014 6:02 AM

looks like Marguiles was posting here in 2010, at r10 and r21...

by Anonymousreply 28June 2, 2019 3:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!