Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melissa Sue Anderson: Little Cunt on the Prairie?

... at least that's the impression they're leaving. I saw an interview with Alison Arngrim where she talked about how she bonded with Melissa Gilbert, but MSA had a "prom queen" attitude and they were never close.

Didn't think much of it till I was at the library today and they had Melissa Gilbert's autobiography, PRAIRIE TALE, on display. I snapped it up to see what she had to say about the other Melissa, and it was even more dismissive of MSA.

Gilbert said they didn't have any common ground, then dropped the topic. Later in the book she mentions Alison Arngrim joining the cast and said she pulled her aside to tell her "Everybody here is really nice, except one person who is really mean." (No names mentioned.)

The last mention of MSA comes later, when Melissa Sue had to be 15 or 16 and Gilbert gets a whole meow-y paragraph about how much more "sophisticated" Melissa Sue was -- smoking cigarettes and drinking Tab (!) between takes. "Later she would go on to date Frank Sinatra Jr.," she mentions dismissively, and that's it for Melissa Sue.

So: was Melissa Sue Anderson really the Little Cunt on the Prairie, or were Melissa Gilbert and Alison Arngrim ganging up on her, Mean Girls style?

by Anonymousreply 564August 6, 2020 2:08 AM

I don't know what MSA was like, but she was obviously the most stunning of the lot and I think there was jealousy on the part of the other girls.

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2010 1:08 AM

Arngrim blames the mother. She said that the one afternoon she spent with MSA and her dad, MSA was a completely different person. More like a real kid.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2010 1:11 AM

Truly, the "crazed" look in the eyes that MSA took on as "blind Mary" is what I remember most...I feel bad about laughing at the reruns but I can't help it!

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2010 1:14 AM

Anderson was prettier than Gilbert but she was also a second banana on the show. That's where Anderson's cuntiness was supposed to have been derived from. What good did being the prettier one do when Gilbert was the star of the show? Anderson was both jealous and felt superior at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2010 1:15 AM

Arngrim also says Anderson was bitchy because her character was so sweet, and it would've been tiring to have to act so sweet all the time. Still there's no excuse really, Anderson was clearly a just a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2010 1:20 AM

r2, Melissa Gilbert mentions MSA's mother in passing and says her car's personalized license plate was "3MISSY," because it was the 3rd car she had bought since MSA was born. Melissa G. has quite the talent for the passive-aggressive bitchy little aside. I'll transcribe what she has to say about Valerie Harper and Kent McCord (Kent McCord!) later.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2010 1:21 AM

Never, NEVER accept a shish kebab from Melissa Sue! Never!

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2010 1:22 AM

You'd be a bitch, too, if your baby was used as a battering ram.

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2010 1:25 AM

I love you, r7! Melissa Sue Anderson has her own book out but it's so incredibly boring you'll still have no idea how she felt about anyone after reading it. I came away thinking she wasn't a snob so much as just completely devoid of personality.

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2010 1:28 AM

Sounds like pure pettiness on Gilbert's part. Alison, OTOH, sounds wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2010 1:28 AM

How about falafel, R7?

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2010 1:29 AM

Melissa Gilbert is freeper trash.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2010 1:30 AM

I'm at the point in the book where Melissa G. runs for SAG President against Valerie Harper and her evil minions, whom Melissa refers to as the "Valiban."

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2010 1:31 AM

Funny how so many gay mean are "mean girls" at heart, deriving pleasure from malicious gossip no matter how ancient and inconsequential.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2010 1:33 AM

Can someone explain to me what that whole Valerie Harper versus Melissa Gilbert for SAG thing was about? What were they fighting over?

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2010 1:35 AM

R11- not on her birthday!!!

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2010 1:35 AM

I'm reading Alison Arngrim's book now and it's very funny. I'm at the part where she's just started work on Little House and Melissa was a snobby bitch to her from day one.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2010 1:36 AM

Ancient, inconsequential gossip is the best kind, r14. I'd rather know tittle-tattle about Melissa Sue Anderson than Lindsay Lohan.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2010 1:36 AM

R14- fuck off, cunt. You want mean, bitch? Keep it up. I'll cut you muthafucka!

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2010 1:39 AM

R14's gerbil is shifting, and her anal cavity is getting chafed.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2010 1:40 AM

what did she say about Kent McCord?

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2010 1:44 AM

r15, according to Gilbert's book, SAG was a mess under its former president William Daniels. Richard Masur convinced Melissa to run for president, whereupon the Daniels camp put up Valerie Harper as a puppet of the old regime. Drama!

Melissa on Kent McCord:

[quote]I knew he had been on a series I didn't watch when I was growing up, Adam-12.

Melissa on Valerie Harper:

[quote]As Kent spoke, she muttered and stared like he was Lincoln, Churchill and Roosevelt rolled into one.

Melissa on Sally Kirkland at a SAG meeting:

[quote]She was dressed in layers of multicolored Indian robes and had a rhinestone bindi in the middle of her forehead. She had come with an assistant who set up a special antigravity chair for her, and she had a foot-high stack of unwrapped, sliced American cheese on the table in front of her.

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2010 1:48 AM

MY BABY! MY BABY! MY BABY! MY BABY! MY BABY! MY BABY!

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2010 1:58 AM

I saw an interview with Alison Arngrim where she talked about how she bonded with Melissa Gilbert, but MSA had a "prom queen" attitude and they were never close.

Yeah I saw that too.

Maybe the other girl was stupid and couldn't tell the Nelly Olsen was only a character & that Alison was the person that played the character.

Some actors are delusional that way.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2010 2:29 AM

Melissa Sue Anderson could act circles around Melissa Gilbert, especially when she played the blind married schoolteacher. Attitude or no attitude, Gilbert needs to get over herself.

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2010 2:44 AM

She wasn't very convincing as a blind mother.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2010 2:45 AM

MLINE? I'm going to be MLINE?

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2010 2:48 AM

There's nothing I love more then eating the feces of the elderly.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2010 2:56 AM

Wow, a whole bunch of you have proved R14's point.

What's it like to go through life obsessed about nothing and so willing to demonstrate it to others?

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2010 1:44 PM

R29, way to bump this thread to show everyone that you miss the point of DL.

by Anonymousreply 30June 23, 2010 2:32 PM

R29=R14. We all know about the "deleting cookies" thing and trolldar, cunt. You're not fooling anyone. GOSSIP site, cunt. GO THE FUCK AWAY. And die.

by Anonymousreply 31June 23, 2010 2:46 PM

Can you imagine anything you would not rather have Valerie Harper in charge of over Melissa Gilbert?

by Anonymousreply 32June 23, 2010 2:53 PM

"I don't know what MSA was like, but she was obviously the most stunning of the lot and I think there was jealousy on the part of the other girls."

Amen, sister.

by Anonymousreply 33June 23, 2010 3:02 PM

[quote]Funny how so many gay mean are "mean girls" at heart, deriving pleasure from malicious gossip no matter how ancient and inconsequential. Honey, this is a gay gossip site: just by coming here in the first place, you're [italic]exactly like the rest of us.[/italic] Or do you want us to believe you only come here for the recipes and helpful tipping hints?

by Anonymousreply 34June 23, 2010 3:08 PM

Melissa G. came across as so bitchy and ungenerous in her book (which of course made it a must-read) it was hard to take her claims about MSA seriously. I a more likely to believe Arngrim, who seems a lot more generous and reasonable and kind that Gilbert does. However, I would prefer to hear what one of the adults says on the matter before I truly make up my mind about MSA. We'll have to wait for Karen Grassle's forthcoming autobiography YEAH, MA SURE LOVED THEM TIGHT JEANS TOO.

by Anonymousreply 35June 23, 2010 3:11 PM

To those who read Arngram's book, what has she to write about Scottie Macgregor (Mrs. Oleson)?

As a child, I loathed her, but having watched some of the episodes as an adult, I came to appreciate her.

by Anonymousreply 36June 23, 2010 3:15 PM

R14/29=child molester.

by Anonymousreply 37June 23, 2010 3:26 PM

Katherine "Scottie" MacGregor was great on that show. Her Mrs. Olesen was usually such a loud funny shrew, but she's genuinely quite moving in several episodes: when she refuses to let Reverend Alden get married because a seminarian jilted her years ago in favor of the calling; when she and Nels are fighting so much they start considering divorce; and when Nels,fed up with her, stays away from home and courts another woman.

by Anonymousreply 38June 23, 2010 3:39 PM

Read Melissa Gilbert's book and Melissa Sue Anderson's and just finished Allison Arngrim's.

MSA sounds like an icy bitch - even in her own book.

Allison writes a hilarious passage about her first day on Little House and how Melissa G came and gave her the law of the land and to watch out for MSM because she's evil and tried to KILL her! It was hysterical to picture 9 year old Half Pint being such a buck toothed drama queen at that age.

by Anonymousreply 39June 23, 2010 3:47 PM

Any word on the shitbra?

by Anonymousreply 40June 23, 2010 3:52 PM

Yes, was there any mention of Helen Lawson's appearance on LHOTP, and the shitbra incident?

by Anonymousreply 41June 23, 2010 4:04 PM

How could she say such a thing about Kent McCord. I can't believe what I'm reading. That's just awful.

by Anonymousreply 42June 23, 2010 4:16 PM

In MSA's snooze inducing book (it's not a bio, it's a heinous back story of every single LHOP episode she was in) she mentions that Gilbert's parents asked to have the mandatory trust amount lowered from 15% to 10%, implicitly suggesting that Gilbert's parents were after the dough.

by Anonymousreply 43June 23, 2010 6:04 PM

Wait, are you saying Melissa Sue Anderson has a little cunt? Like the female version of tinymeat?

by Anonymousreply 44June 23, 2010 6:13 PM

MSA with amazing 80s hair, looking quite the nighttime soap bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 23, 2010 6:51 PM

R8, that scene always terrified me. That was a fucked up thing to put on TV even now. I showed my bf who had never seen it and he was horrified.

by Anonymousreply 46June 23, 2010 10:21 PM

In Lake Tahoe California, they did a lot of filming there for Little House on The Prairie. My brother went to Lake Tahoe on a vacation back in the 70's when they were filming the show. He and a bunch of other people were crowded around the outer part of the set. Melissa Gilbert smiled, and said hello to everyone. My brother said she was really fantastic. But, Melissa Sue Anderson was stand offish, and seemed like a snob to him. However, years later Melissa Sue Anderson said she was a very shy kid. Maybe that was BS? Who knows? Sometimes shy people come off as kind of snobby when in reality they just shy.

by Anonymousreply 47June 23, 2010 10:55 PM

What happened in that scene? I forgot about that particular episode. Or maybe it was so awful I repressed it?

by Anonymousreply 48June 23, 2010 10:59 PM

[quote]She was dressed in layers of multicolored Indian robes and had a rhinestone bindi in the middle of her forehead. She had come with an assistant who set up a special antigravity chair for her, and she had a foot-high stack of unwrapped, sliced American cheese on the table in front of her.

Knowing Sally from around/after that time, I can totally picture this.

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2010 12:17 AM

[quote]In Lake Tahoe California, they did a lot of filming there for Little House on The Prairie.

They filmed LHOTP in Simi Valley.

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2010 12:21 AM

Alison wrote in her book that if MSA ever wants to be friends with her, she would gladly buy the first pitcher of margaritas.

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2010 12:23 AM

Happy Birthday To Me was awesome.

Little Lauren Fenmore was the..... !!!!

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2010 12:28 AM

[quote]What happened in that scene? I forgot about that particular episode. Or maybe it was so awful I repressed it?

Albert and another boy are smoking cigarillos illicitly behind the school for the blind. They leave the lit cigarillos smouldering behind them when they leave. That night the smouldering erupts into a fire that engulfs the entire school, killing Mrs. Garvey and Mary's newborn baby who she has gone in to rescue. In one infamous scene, you see Mrs. Garvey wandering through the fiery chaos and she breaks a window with her hand while carrying the baby... but it looks like she's used the baby as a battering ram to smash through the window. (Apparently the actress herself realized this when they filmed the scene, and he said, "No, no one will think that's what happened--that's too sick." And of course that's what EVERYONE who saw the scene thought.)

So then they're both dead, and it gets even worse. They give the charred corpse of the baby to Mary who goes nuts and holds onto it and sits by the river and won;t let it go. Then Pa has to come down and talk her into releasing it to him so they can bury it.

Meanwhile, Albert carries the awful guilt of having murdered his nephew and his best friend's mother, and has to tell Mr. Garvey he's the one responsible for his wife's death.

It was so hilariously sick and over the top. it was like they were trying to outdo the infamous incestuous evil clown episode from the season before.

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2010 12:29 AM

Didn't someone on here say that MSA is now living in Canada and is married to some rich guy?

Still, Gilbert got to fuck Rob Lowe at his most gorgeous and Bruce Boxleitner, so she wins in my books.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2010 12:33 AM

Incestuous evil clown? Are you talking about the one that rapes Sylvia? That happened a couple of seasons after the blind school fire. Albert was much older.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2010 12:36 AM

Well, before we fall too much in love with Melissa Gilbert...aren't she and Bruce both republicans?

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2010 12:41 AM

(Apparently the actress herself realized this when they filmed the scene, and he said, "No, no one will think that's what happened--that's too sick." And of course that's what EVERYONE who saw the scene thought.)

Who's "he"? Landon?

by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2010 12:46 AM

I just checked newsmeat, R56, and Bruce has given mostly to the GOP.

I now officially loathe Melissa Gilbert because although she has given primarily to Dems, look who she supported for president in '08:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2010 12:47 AM

I met Kent McCord a little over 20 years ago, when he was in his mid-late 40s, and he was smoking hot then.

He's still not too bad for an old man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2010 12:52 AM

For some reason I thought that Patty Duke Astin was behind Half-Pint's campaign for SAG president. Didn't MG say at one time that PDA was her mentor or something? I hadn't heard that Richard Masur was involved.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2010 12:59 AM

[quote]Then Pa has to come down and talk her into releasing it to him so they can bury it.

I thought he tricked into giving it up by replacing it with a small twisted branch about the same size. (The shape and texture was very similar.)

This of course, was the inspiration for Twin Peak's Log Lady.

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2010 1:14 AM

I love R61

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2010 1:16 AM

If Anderson was a bitch -and it sounds like she was - the only sympathy I can muster for her is the fact that she must have read the books and once Mary goes blind, she basically disappears from the narrative and spends the rest of the series either sitting in a chair or away at a school.

That couldn't have been a fun thing to look forward to, though the writers did their best with the reimagined blind Mary Ingalls.

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2010 1:26 AM

I'd say it's Gilbert who's the cunt. She sounds like one nasty bitch.

Gilbert was one of the ugliest female child stars ever! Buck teeth, crossed eyes, freckles...and that awful voice! How could anyone stand watching her? She's since had a lot of plastic surgery and botox but she's still ugly. Her face is stretched tight as a drum, she has duck lips and absurd fake breasts that she lets hang out for all the world to see.

If there was jealousy among the cast, well big deal. Here you had three young girls, all actresses, all wanting to get attention. I suppose Gilbert was jealous of Anderson because Anderson was beautiful and a better actress. Anderson was probably peeved because the show focused so heavily on "Half-Pint"; Gilbert was Michael Landon's "pet." Arngrim might have been jealous of the others because they weren't saddled with the role of the "bad" girl; the idiots who watched that show actually thought she was really like Nellie and she got hate mail and sometimes if she was out in public the nutty fans would try to attack her!

About the episode with the fire...one of the blind children, a little black boy, goes to the bathroom in the night and somehow gets himself locked in. Alice Garvey runs in the house to get the baby (why wasn't the baby the FIRST one gotten out of there?) and hears him screaming to be let out; it's a struggle but she manages to open the tightly locked door, as the house burns down around her. She runs upstairs to get the baby, but before she can get downstairs the fire erupts with a fury and the doorway is filled with a wall of flame. She flails at the window, but she and the baby are trapped and they both burn to death. And this was supposed to be a family show?! I'd say most kids would be very distressed to see the awful death of a woman and a baby.

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2010 1:45 AM

Oh my god- she supported Rudy Giuliani for President?? Hal-pint is dead to me.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2010 1:45 AM

MSA lives in Toronto now. Arngrim lives in Vancouver. Maybe they left the US to get away from MG?

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2010 1:56 AM

MSA lives in Quebec (Montreal?)

Does Argim really live in Vancouver? Where in Vancouver?

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2010 2:02 AM

MSA even became a Canadian citizen. She fell in love with Montreal while filming a mini-series called 10.5 Apocalyspe there.

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2010 2:08 AM

R64, that's nothing. I watched my parents go off a cliff in a wagon!

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2010 2:09 AM

The scene where Alice busts the window with Mary's baby, re-cut to look like a vicious Doc Baker set the fire on purpose because Charles couldn't pay him.

Check out that horribly bad rear projection at the end.

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2010 2:10 AM

Where, R70?

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2010 2:18 AM

Here, r71. I don't know why it didn't show up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2010 2:21 AM

Mary was right when she had reservations about marrying Adam. She killed her baby!

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2010 2:24 AM

R50, I have got it all wrong. I just spoke with my brother he said he went to Sonora California on vacation, and they did some filming there. I watched Alison Arngrim being interviewed, and she sounds like she wasn’t bitter at all. On the contrary, I thought she was really funny about playing Nellie Olson. On the other hand, I listened to Melissa Gilbert being interviewed, and from what I got that she didn’t come off as a bitch, but she came off to me as someone that didn’t like the phony Hollywood BS. She was joking and saying, in order me to be “in” this town, I have to join Kabbalah, and go to Africa to adopt a child verses a child in the United States. Melissa Gilbert was adopted and talked about that there are a lot of children in the United States that need homes. She also discussed being one of the board members in the Screen Actor’s Guild, and she said she was so thrilled to no longer to belong to the board. When asked why, she said, because every Academy Awards show she had to be present, and she said she would much have rather have been anywhere else than with those people. She said, she couldn’t wait to get home and to put on her pajamas and be with her family. Also, Melissa Sue Anderson was interviewed, and to me she seemed not bitchy, but just very quiet and just not introverted.

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2010 2:38 AM

LOL at R72's link--that was horrible!

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2010 2:42 AM

R72, I just watched the Youtube Video. That is just really horrifying and really disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2010 2:44 AM

R75, certainly gives new meaning to the "health care debate."

by Anonymousreply 77June 24, 2010 2:49 AM

Arngrim doesn't live in Vancouver. She lives in the LA area.

by Anonymousreply 78June 24, 2010 2:57 AM

but what about the episode where Hester Sue rubs sugar cubes over her breasts so Bunny will lick them? Thought it was weird she did this at work, at the blind school.

by Anonymousreply 79June 24, 2010 4:52 AM

[quote]I just watched the Youtube Video. That is just really horrifying and really disturbing.

"Little House" had a real "Passion of the Christ" feel about it. Michael Landon loved to torture good characters for the entertainment of others in some bizarre ways. Every week was another exercise in maudlin sadism.

Whoever came up with watching a woman being burned alive with a baby in her arms, while the mother of the baby was outside, not knowing what was happening because she was blind, had some serious issues.

And the fire was started by one of the kids smoking, so of course he was forced to go and confess "I killed your wife" to the grieving widower.

Maudlin sadism, all of it.

by Anonymousreply 80June 24, 2010 5:55 AM

Landon had huge issues with his parents. They used him against each other.

by Anonymousreply 81June 24, 2010 6:00 AM

Yeah that's right, Landon claims to have had a terrible childhood and Little House was his attempt to create the ideal, loving family he wished he'd had.

by Anonymousreply 82June 24, 2010 7:14 AM

Never understood how, when the fire is discovered, Adam just grabs Mary -WHO IS SITTING WITH HER BABY- and they run out. Wouldn't her first instinct have been to grab the baby? Horrifying. Even worse was Mary hugging the charred remains and humming Brahms lullaby.

by Anonymousreply 83June 24, 2010 10:49 AM

People I talk to seem to confuse "The Waltons" with LHOP and mention how "The Waltons" faced so much tragedy. But they didn't. "Waltons" was a fairly uplifting show that rarely got into the depths of despair like LHOP.

by Anonymousreply 84June 24, 2010 10:51 AM

Not the best place to live ..... Albert's pretty little girlfriend was murdered as well. Olivia Barrash played her, but I can't remember her name right now. If I recall, didn't the killer dress as a clown ? Creepy.

by Anonymousreply 85June 24, 2010 11:24 AM

I remember one episode where Matthew Laborteaux was bathing and had a shirtless scene - confirmed me as a baby gay...

by Anonymousreply 86June 24, 2010 11:35 AM

"Sylvia" was Albert's big-breasted girlfriend/rape victim. The clown mask the rapist wore was terrifying. It's amazing what a fucked up show this was - especially passed off as wholesome family TV. Landon was Jewish - was this show a dig at the Christian family values crowd?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 24, 2010 12:20 PM

Were any of the actors gay in real life?

Also, what happened to the kid who played Albert?

by Anonymousreply 88June 24, 2010 12:33 PM

Steve Tracy, the guy who played Nellie's husband, was gay and died of AIDS.

Matthew Laborteaux who played Albert does voice-over work now and has stayed out of the public eye - though recent pictures show him to be still attractive. (See link.) He doesn't appear to have married and Alison Arngrim in her standup says the #1 question she gets from gay guys is if "Albert" is gay. She claims to not know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 24, 2010 12:51 PM

Melissa Gilbert in Kansas City this week with that Little House on the Prairie musical tour that shuts down on Sunday. Musical so bad it circled New York for two years. Anyhow, Melissa and company went to the poor side of town (urban city) area yesterday and helped rehab a house. Made the TV news and print this morning. Not sure what Gilbert did exactly other than show up for the photo op.

by Anonymousreply 90June 24, 2010 1:04 PM

I always thought Melissa Sue Anderson seemed kind of blank/opaque and cold, but not mean. Melissa Gilbert totally a drama queen. Not surprised that Alison Arngrim is a lot of fun in person, she clearly had fun playing Nellie.

by Anonymousreply 91June 24, 2010 1:06 PM

For all my gay brothers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 24, 2010 1:26 PM

[quote]Not sure what Gilbert did exactly other than show up for the photo op.

Threatened people with the shit bra if they didn't work, work, work.

And anyone who called her "Hal-Pint."

by Anonymousreply 93June 24, 2010 1:26 PM

I don't think we can expect a book from the twins who portrayed mushmouth Carrie. All that character did was fall in the well, and pee on the sidewalk in The Big City.

They were too young to realize that Michael Landon was having an affair with the makeup girl.

by Anonymousreply 94June 24, 2010 1:31 PM

Ah yes, the two-part "Sylvia" episode.

The boys in school like Sylvia because has a "grown-up" quality to her, that is, she had a nice, full-developed figure. She's teased and sexually harassed by the them (they peek in her window to get a glimpse of her hopefully naked body); gallant Albert protects her and they fall in love. They meet in secret, because Sylvia's rigid father does not want her to get involved with any boys.

Walking home from a sweet interlude with Albert Sylvia is viciously attacked and raped by a man wearing a clown mask. She stumbles home and her father cleans her up and tells her they have to keep her rape a secret (being raped is SO shameful, you know).

When Sylvia has a fainting spell she is examined by old Doc. He tells her father that she's pregnant (by her rapist). It's gossiped that Albert is the father. Albert tells "Pa" that he wants to marry her; Pa says absolutely not. Sylvia's father intends to leave town and settle elsewhere; he says that they will tell people her husband is dead. He calls Sylvia a whore after finding out she's been with Albert. So Albert and Sylvia hatch a plan to run away together.

Sylvia runs off and hides in a barn. Seeking help, Albert goes to the town blacksmith, who is also Sylvia's rapist. The information he gives him lets the rapist know exactly where Sylvia is. Nice going, Albert! The rapist goes to the barn and enters in his clown mask. He goes after Sylvia; she tries to fight him off. Albert comes in and the rapist easily knocks him aside. While this is happening Sylvia is climbing a steep ladder. As the rapist is about to capture her, he is shot by Sylvia's father (he and Charles were out looking for she and Albert). Poor Sylvia falls a great height from the ladder and lies motionless. I guess she broke her neck.

Later Albert comes to the bedridden Sylvia and tells her that their fathers are now in favor of them getting married. Blissfully happy, Sylvia tells him she wants to be married in a church and that she will wear yellow flowers in her hair. "Kiss me, my love", she tells him. And then she dies.

The "Sylvia" episodes were as disturbing as anything you'll see on tv. They should have put a "parental discretion advised" disclaimer at the beginning of these shows.

by Anonymousreply 95June 24, 2010 1:34 PM

Go bind yourself, woman!

by Anonymousreply 96June 24, 2010 2:18 PM

Maybe MSA was jealous of Pa and Laura's relationship. I've never seen two people with more chemistry than those two. And from what I've heard, Pa didn't feel the same about all of his kids.

by Anonymousreply 97June 24, 2010 2:41 PM

My favorite was when Albert became a morphine addict, and Pa took care of detoxing him. I think he locked him in the barn.

by Anonymousreply 98June 24, 2010 2:49 PM

I liked the episode where Doc a l'Orange got new-fangled medical equipment, the Uterine Palpitator. All the Walnut Grove women ran him ragged scheduling appointments for their treatments.

by Anonymousreply 99June 24, 2010 2:57 PM

[quote]My favorite was when Albert became a morphine addict, and Pa took care of detoxing him. I think he locked him in the barn.

Amazing how he was able to "pull out" the morphine by repeated ramming his hand and forearm up Albert's ass.

Course, Pa had plenty of practice on the cows at birthin' time.

by Anonymousreply 100June 24, 2010 3:03 PM

"My favorite was when Albert became a morphine addict, and Pa took care of detoxing him. I think he locked him in the barn."

Yes. Then he puked up milk and later gave a "Just Say No" speech to his former Walnut Grove classmates.

Good God, what the hell was Michael Landon thinking?

by Anonymousreply 101June 24, 2010 3:18 PM

That show was really twisted toward the end... I mean, it was originally billed as a sweet family show that your six-year-old child could watch. Then it went into lower and lower rungs of drama and sensationalism. A small child really shouldn't have been allowed to watch it, at least not alone.

The milder degrees of drama in LHOP's earlier years were in keeping with the books - it was supposed to show how tough life could be on the prairie. But as it veered away from the books.... well, there is nothing distinctly 19th century about a sicko rapist with a clown mask.

by Anonymousreply 102June 24, 2010 3:21 PM

Or how about the last episode, which had the townspeople blowing up the town?

by Anonymousreply 103June 24, 2010 3:22 PM

Landon didn't want anyone else using the set, that's why he blew it up.

I loved the giant cross struck by lightening that brought back "James." How many maniacs ended up building giant crosses hoping for the same results?

by Anonymousreply 104June 24, 2010 3:29 PM

They really should have centered more plots around Reverend Alden and Doc Baker. Those were always the best and most memorable episodes.

by Anonymousreply 105June 24, 2010 3:46 PM

Matthew Laborteaux looks great.

by Anonymousreply 106June 24, 2010 3:47 PM

Melissa Sue Anderson seems to want nothing to do with any of her former costars as she has never attended any of the myriad of Little House cast reunions/shows which have been attended at one time or another by just about everyone else excluding Michael Landon.

Allsion Arngrim appears to have a great attitude about LHOTP. She seems very grateful for the opportunities Nellie Oleson afforded her in regards to getting things like AIDS awareness and child abuse issues heard due to her semi-fame.

Her book details that her older brother Stefan (actor from Land of The Giants) raped her continuously through his teen years and has never denied it. In fact, she says that when they were both adults, he confessed it was the "best sex" he ever had. She was appalled and hasn't spoken to him since. She had a very strange childhood.

by Anonymousreply 107June 24, 2010 4:04 PM

Yikes! Maybe he convinced himself that it was consensual? I mean, she was a very precocious kid who knew waaaay too much adult information even when she was little. Maybe he rationalized his abuse of her that way? Makes me hate her parents. Where were they? They were obviously so wrapped up in their own narcissism that they fucked up their son (big time!) and let him abuse his sister. Obviously they exposed these kids to adult situations without ever giving them information they needed to either protect themselves, or understand what was sexually inappropriate. It's as though they were completely abandoned. It's a good thing she revealed him. I mean, the best sex he's ever had? Pedophile.

by Anonymousreply 108June 24, 2010 4:46 PM

Stefan was HEAVILY into heavy drugs during that time (the 1970s). Both Allison's parents were in the industry (father was a gay manager/agent and mother was a voiceover actress - Gumby, Underdog, etc.) so they were very lax in their parenting. She knew her dad was gay and her mom also knew - it was one of those marriages where the wife just didn't care.

They moved around Hollywood a lot and were sort of Bohemian in their lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 109June 24, 2010 4:53 PM

"The milder degrees of drama in LHOP's earlier years were in keeping with the books - it was supposed to show how tough life could be on the prairie."

I don't know--there was some scary stuff on LHOTP that I remember as a 5-6 year old: Laura's classmate drowning and the girl's mother blaming Laura for it; Laura dreaming of being executed by a black-hooded, peppermint stick-sucking Nellie; even Baby Carrie falling down that old well! Yeah, I'm being dramatic, but some of that stuff even in the early days of LHOP was pretty scary for little kids.

by Anonymousreply 110June 24, 2010 5:02 PM

Ok, was I the only child scared by little Laura's nightmare? I know, it is campy and nothing compared to horror movies, but it really used to scare me as a child. The dissonant sounds and music, the twisted faces, Mr. Oleson as a killing vampire, Laura in jail, famished being laughed at by with-like Mrs Oleson and Nellie, throwing bad food at her. I suppose older people were mildy amused or bored. But I couldn't sleep after.

by Anonymousreply 111June 24, 2010 5:04 PM

And then there was also this beardy, unreliable alcoholic (Victor French)who had lost all his family to I don't remember wich sickness. When he finally remarries, his step daughter gets the same sickness because of him!

A lot of guilt-trip in this program!

And, yes, I clearly remember watching the Sylvia episodes as a 10-11 year-old at my cousins' place and it was a bit too intense for us. (12 year-old rape as entertainement?)

by Anonymousreply 112June 24, 2010 5:14 PM

Another great photo of the handsome Matthew Laborteaux. I'm amazed he's only been a voiceover actor given how handsome he still is.

It's always amazing to me how even though his character completely changed the story from the books nonetheless everyone remembers him fondly... it must because he was such a beautiful boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 24, 2010 6:47 PM

R83, I read part of MSA's book at Barnes and Noble and she comments on that fact. Who the fuck would leave their baby? Craziness. Who would ever do that? I blame all those fuckers. Hester Sue, Alice Garvey, Adam and Mary! Even the blind kids. Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 114June 24, 2010 7:15 PM

He was also a likable character who didn't seem to take himself seriously and brought a sense of adventure to the series that the little Ingalls girls couldn't bring.

I think the addition of this chracter to the show was a strategy to win the boys target-audience. Boys won't follow little smarmy girls stories week after week.

Before Albert, they often had different boys as Laura's friends.

by Anonymousreply 115June 24, 2010 7:18 PM

[quote]the myriad of Little House cast reunions/shows which have been attended at one time or another by just about everyone else excluding Michael Landon.

I'm sure if they just built a giant cross during a lightning storm...

by Anonymousreply 116June 24, 2010 7:19 PM

But, here's the thing...how was a blind woman going to save her baby in a fire? Wouldn't she be overwhelmed by the heat and smoke? It makes sense that rescuers would have wanted to save them independently.

I had forgotten what a dark and creepy (!!) show Little House could be! Maybe that's why I preferred the Waltons. All they ever had was an occasional book burning...

by Anonymousreply 117June 24, 2010 8:33 PM

Patty Duke is Melissa's mentor. Melissa did talk with Patty about the SAG presidency.

by Anonymousreply 118June 24, 2010 8:40 PM

R117, the fire starts. Adam runs into the room where Mary is sitting next to the cradle, rocking it. Adam yells, "We have ot get out of here" and he and Mary run out, leaving the baby behind.

Now- why? Even blind people care for their babies and it would undoubtedly be their first thought.

by Anonymousreply 119June 24, 2010 10:18 PM

The giant cross in the thunderstorm was ridiculous.

It pretty much anticipated "Highway to Heaven."

by Anonymousreply 120June 24, 2010 10:19 PM

R119- is that really what happened?!! Holy shit! I assumed she was asleep in the other room or something. So she leaves her baby to die...isn't that also what MG says about MSA in her book. :)

I stopped watching the show when Mary went blind. It seemed like the show was careening into non-stop despair. i saw it once in a while after that, and there was always some horrible tragedy going on.

The interesting thing about Landon is that he was Jewish, yet he always played this emblem of Christian perfection. What was that all about? I knew his cousin Hilary and she said that he wasn't exactly known in the family for marital fidelity...

Wasn't Landon's gay son stalked by an ex (who ended up in jail)? Supposedly Landon's ex-wife became a born again christian and disavowed her son when he came out. Anyone know that whole story?

by Anonymousreply 121June 24, 2010 11:29 PM

R121, his mother was Catholic and his father was Jewish and I recall him saying that his mother would take him to church to spite his father.

He really had a fucked up childhood, so I'm not surprised by his attempts to portray the Ingalls as a wholesome, loving lot:

"During his childhood, Landon was constantly worried about his mother's suicide attempts. Once the family went on a vacation on a beach, and his mother tried to jump off a cliff and drown herself, but a lifeguard was present and she was rescued. Soon after the attempt his mother acted as if nothing had happened. After a few minutes, Michael threw up. It was the worst experience of his life.[6]

Landon also battled the childhood problem of bedwetting, an issue that was documented in his biography, Michael Landon: His Triumph and Tragedy. His mother would put his wet sheets on display outside his window for all to see. He would run home every day and try to remove them before his classmates could see."

by Anonymousreply 122June 24, 2010 11:53 PM

I really thought I imagined that whole storyline where James was shot and then healed on a mountain when the cross was struck by lightning. So Bizarre!

As a kid, I adored Little House (I guess I liked being traumatized), but once I developed good taste, I realized that The Waltons was FAR superior.

by Anonymousreply 123June 24, 2010 11:53 PM

r122- LOVING you! This is when I really enjoy datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 124June 24, 2010 11:58 PM

"Adam runs into the room where Mary is sitting next to the cradle, rocking it. Adam yells, "We have ot get out of here" and he and Mary run out, leaving the baby behind." Didn't they just run out of the room to notify the others of a fire? I remember Mary at one pointing saying "my baby!" having Alice say she would get the baby. I don't remember them abandoning the baby to save their own skins. That clip at R72...shudder. The demise of Alice and the baby is as bad as any scene you'll see in a horror movie. I saw that scene when I was adult and it shocked the hell out of me, it was so ghastly.

by Anonymousreply 125June 25, 2010 12:06 AM

The Little House on the Prairie. Now that's a fine, wholesome show. It's about blind children out west, and every week they have a fire, or someone gets an incurable disease. We enjoy it very much.

by Anonymousreply 126June 25, 2010 12:16 AM

Well, it's not as is Albert didn't atone for the death of Mary's baby. A couple years later, he was also killed off on the show! I will say that it was a pretty powerful episode that ended not with a long, drawn-out death scene, but with a quiet, inspiring moment shared between Laura and Albert.

Those who think Michael Landon had a mean streak to show so much tragedy should check out the scene beginning at 2:30 on this clip from the episode where Albert dies. Watch how he badgers Laura into saying the words, "My brother is going to die!" It's downright cruel.

On a nicer note, I think that Landon did allow the young actors on this show to stretch. Melissa Gilbert was only a teenager when she was playing the older Laura Ingalls Wilder, married with a kid of her own and running a business. It kind of helped Melissa Gilbert segue into adult roles and she has continued making a lot of TV movies since.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 25, 2010 12:48 AM

"Melissa Sue Anderson: Little Cunt on the Prairie?" may be one of my all-time favorite Datalounge thread titles!

by Anonymousreply 128June 25, 2010 1:35 AM

One thing I do know is that all three of the girls were very close with Michael Landon, who adored all of them. He may actually have been closest to MSA despite what Gilbert and Arngrim say about her. My sense was she was standoffish and distant from the other two because she was more grown up and felt a bit distant from their pranks (Gilbert and Arngrim were both notorious practical jokers). It's weird to me Gilbert still holds a huge grudge against MSA--whatever the case was then, they were just kids. They should move on by now.

I only read Gilbert's memoir, not Arngrim's or MSA's. Do the other two women talk at all about what Matthew Laborteaux was like? I can't remember Gilbert saying anything about him, which is weird--she did so many scenes with him. During the show's most popular years they did most of their scenes together.

by Anonymousreply 129June 25, 2010 1:46 AM

Does Gilbert ever talk about her brother?? He was supposedly missing for quite a while- did he ever materialize?

by Anonymousreply 130June 25, 2010 1:52 AM

It makes sense that MSA would be nice to Landon- he was the absolute ruler of that show and she had to stay in his good graces.

by Anonymousreply 131June 25, 2010 1:54 AM

MSA should be happy that Michael Landon created storylines for her character at all. In real-life, Mary Ingalls was a boring, blind spinster who died in the care of her sisters Carrie and Grace, following a series of strokes when she was in her early 60's. At least TV Mary got some fine Linwood Boomercock in her.

by Anonymousreply 132June 25, 2010 2:27 AM

I love you R126. I was going to post the exact same thing.

by Anonymousreply 133June 25, 2010 2:41 AM

I agree. Mary was incredibly bland. Landon wrote her as just a "pretty girl" and she had virtually no personality. She smiled a lot and acted sweet. The younger kids were given all the personality. Perhaps he saw, early on, that MSA didn't have the capacity that the younger actresses did. She was limited. She tried to break out of the Mary Ingalls character (Happy Birthday to Me!) but she wasn't very good. She personally excelled at playing a fairly benign, unobtrusive pretty girl.

The folks here saying that Gilbert and Arngrim should get past their dislike of MSA aren't quite getting it. It's MSA who refuses to associate with them.

by Anonymousreply 134June 25, 2010 2:46 AM

What became of Linwood Boomer? HOT stuff.

by Anonymousreply 135June 25, 2010 3:10 AM

Linwood Boomer went on to be a producer/director. He created "Malcolm in the Middle." Didn't age terribly well, alas.

by Anonymousreply 136June 25, 2010 3:14 AM

It's odd if Richard Masur did champion Melissa Gilbert over Valerie Harper, as Masur was a semi-regular character "Nick", the accordion-playing boyfriend of Brenda on Valerie's series "Rhoda".

Still, it makes sense he was in Patty Duke Austin's camp after their brilliant work in "Always Remember I Love You."

by Anonymousreply 137June 25, 2010 3:15 AM

[quote] It's MSA who refuses to associate with them.

Yep exactly. Arngrim says they were just teenagers at the time and it was a million years ago, she's perfectly willing to put it behind her. She's put out an invitation to Anderson to meet and discuss it, she'll buy the margaritas. Anderson could laugh it off and everyone would forget about it, but the problem is she's still an ice queen and is going to continue to prove it.

by Anonymousreply 138June 25, 2010 3:19 AM

I love that movie, Always remember I love you...

by Anonymousreply 139June 25, 2010 3:21 AM

Alison Arngrim actually showed up that MSA's book signing. She posted pictures on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 140June 25, 2010 3:25 AM

Sounds like MSA and Eve Plumb would get along with each other.

by Anonymousreply 141June 25, 2010 3:28 AM

(I posted this in the wrong thread earlier...)

OP here. After all this I had to download Alison's book, and just spent two hours squinting at it on my phone, laughing at nearly every page. She's really quite a good writer.

While Melissa Gilbert's book was about her Life Journey, Alison's attitude is "You wanna know what it was like? HERE'S what it was like," and she has a great sense of humor and no self-pity whatsoever.

Yeah, she lets MSA have it, but not in a getting-even way, but just sort of letting it all hang out. A few things that made me laugh:

- On her first day on the set, Melissa Gilbert told her, "And whatever you do, look out for that Melissa Sue Anderson. She's very dangerous. She's evil, and I hate her." When Alison's aunt (her guardian) said "Honey, you don't mean that!", Melissa said, "She tried to kill me. And she'll kill you too, if she gets the chance."

- "Eventually, being nice to Melissa Sue Anderson became a Zen meditation exercise. Waiting for her to respond was like waiting to hear the sound of one hand clapping."

- When Alison saw MSA playing backgammon between takes, she thought she'd found a way into making friends. She approached and asked if MSA could teach her how to play, to which MSA said, "No, it figures you wouldn't know how. You've always been a tad backwards." Alison tried to make a joke of it, but MSA cranked it up: "I'd say you're a LOT backwards. In fact, you're quite stupid."

- The one time Nellie and Mary were supposed to have a catight, MSA looked her straight in the eye at the makeup table and said "You know I'm really going to hit you." Alison, who was no longer intimidated by her, replied, "And I'm going to rip your hair out by the roots." By the time they got to the location, the scene had been rewritten because "the people with walkie-talkies" had overheard.

- "I was the first to get my period. Melissa got hers much later. I have no idea when Melissa Sue got hers. (As far as I know, Melissa Sue Anderson does not even go to the toilet.)"

by Anonymousreply 142June 25, 2010 3:36 AM

[quote]As far as I know, Melissa Sue Anderson does not even go to the toilet.) I have to get her book...

by Anonymousreply 143June 25, 2010 6:49 AM

[quote]Does Gilbert ever talk about her brother?? He was supposedly missing for quite a while- did he ever materialize?

She mentions in passing that he told the family he wanted nothing to do with them and moved away, cutting them all off. This was after the show when both were in their 20s. It's odd she doesn't go into it more than that but maybe she doesn't know why he did it. She doesn't talk about him much when they were kids either. I guess they weren't close.

by Anonymousreply 144June 25, 2010 7:39 AM

In the episode where Albert becomes a morphine addict, didn't it say at the end that he became a doctor?

Also in the fire episode, Mary went catatonic and Albert felt bad (Gee, I wonder why?) so he bought her a music box because she loved music boxes. WHen he opened it up and played it for her, it played the lullaby she used to sing to her now dead baby. She starts screaming "MY BABY! MY BABY! MY BABY!"

Allison Arngrim's mother was the voice of Casper the Friendly Ghost.

I remember there being some controversy over the voting in the Gilbert/Harper SAG race and Valerie Harper ended up contesting the results. Fred Savage made the ruling that upheld Melissa's victory.

by Anonymousreply 145June 25, 2010 8:13 AM

Does Gilbert write any good dish on sister Sara? IIRC, isn't Sara a biological Gilbert and not adopted like Melissa and her brother?

by Anonymousreply 146June 25, 2010 10:38 AM

Gilbert, Anderson and Arngrim ALL sound like pissy little bitches.

I remember a long time ago there was an article in the National Enquirer about the tension between the young girls on the Little House set. It said, among other things, that Anderson resented Gilbert because of the favoritism shown her by Michael Landon. On an appearance on the Tonight Show Landon brought out the Enquirer issue said that the tabloid was now "picking on the little girls" on the show. He urged the audience not to spend their money on "crap" like the Enquirer. But it looks like the Enquirer actually was telling the truth; those girls really did have it in for each other.

If Arngrim and Gilbert really were big "practical jokers" I can understand Anderson's distain for them. Practical jokes are really stupid and the people who like them tend to be assholes.

by Anonymousreply 147June 25, 2010 2:23 PM

Re Sara Gilbert: Melissa Gilbert's book skips over a lot. When baby Sara arrives, little Melissa spends a page or two fussing over her. Then she pretty much disappears from the narrative until the end, when the sisters are watching their own kids play together. I don't think she even quotes Sara - certainly doesn't mention her lesbianism.

Both girls' books mention that Jonathan Gilbert "went off to see the world" when he was 18 and has been in extremely sporadic contact with family ever since. They don't know where he is.

Alison's book also mentions that the only living cast member who has never been to a single TV or in-person reunion is MSA -- and MSA cut her dead at Michael Landon's funeral when she tried to say hello.

by Anonymousreply 148June 25, 2010 2:33 PM

Here's the passage from the book about AA running into MSA at Michael Landon's funeral.

[quote]And then there was Melissa Sue Anderson, looking absolutely beatific and holding her new baby. I thought, [italic]She's married and has a baby now, so she must finally be happy. [/italic]I approached her cautiously and said, "What a beautiful baby!" (No lie there.) "How old is she?" All mothers like to talk about their babies. Give them a chance, and they'll talk your ear off about every single cute thing their kid has done since birth.

[quote]"Six months," she said curtly and turned away. And she never said another word to me.

by Anonymousreply 149June 25, 2010 4:07 PM

Are Sara Gilbert and Melissa Gilbert sisters?

by Anonymousreply 150June 25, 2010 4:12 PM

Re: 149--okay, scratch what I said about giving MSA the benefit of the doubt about being a snotty teen. What a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 151June 25, 2010 4:39 PM

[quote]If Arngrim and Gilbert really were big "practical jokers" I can understand Anderson's distain for them. Practical jokes are really stupid and the people who like them tend to be assholes.

You sound like a lot of fun (*cough*)

by Anonymousreply 152June 25, 2010 5:02 PM

Sorry: I agree with r147. Practical jokers are assholes, as are the people like r152 who say you're no fun if you don't like to associate with assholes.

by Anonymousreply 153June 25, 2010 9:09 PM

Honestly, do you blame her? Having to look at THAT every work day...

Melissa Sue Gilbert is about the UGLIEST thing ever put on tv. She's still ugly. ICK.

by Anonymousreply 154June 25, 2010 9:22 PM

[quote]Melissa said, "She tried to kill me. And she'll kill you too, if she gets the chance."

Huh. Melissa Gilbert saw "The Conversation" at a very young age, apparently, because that's an almost direct quote from the movie.

I think Arngrim is overplaying her hand here. Sometimes people just don't get along, and girls that age can really irritate each other when they're forced to interact (rather than being with friends they choose to be with). Arngrim is more than a little egotistical when she says "Melissa doesn't like me, therefore she's unhappy in life" as R149 quoted.

I want to like Arngrim, but in this instance she comes across as someone who is exaggerating because she knows MSA has moved on and won't be telling her side of the story. And I automatically wonder about people who dredge up decades-old shit for monetary gain, I can't help but question motivations.

by Anonymousreply 155June 25, 2010 9:22 PM

Clearly, MSA has moved on with her life and doesn't feel the need to constantly relive the past.

She may have been a snob, but so what?

by Anonymousreply 156June 25, 2010 9:28 PM

"The Waltons" was genius. Still love that show.

The only good thing about LGOTP was the beauty that was Michael Landon.

by Anonymousreply 157June 25, 2010 9:33 PM

I think MSA didn't like the way things turned out on the show. She has said she expressed shock and displeasure at finding out what was going to happen to her character. I think she expected to be the star (she was nominated for an Emmy for her work) and the producers would simply agree. But I've seen her interviewed a few times, and she seems to have put it all behind her and moved on.

Gilbert came across as unlikeable in her book. She was estranged from Landon for a few years up until before the end. And she cries victim one time too many without admitting any mistakes on her part.

I like Arngrim, hated the sour face cunt that she portrayed on the show. In person, she seems very nice and down to earth. That being said, I think she over inflates some of the rivalry simply to sell books.

by Anonymousreply 158June 25, 2010 9:50 PM

I think Allison is the most fun of the three. She has no delusions of grandeur and simply has fun with her persona.

MSA definitely had strange issues being a child actress as everyone seems to think she was rather distant and removed. Melissa Gilbert seems like a total drama queen by everyone's account. So it's natural those two wouldn't mix.

by Anonymousreply 159June 25, 2010 10:08 PM

How ever could MSA think she would be the star of [bold]Laura Ingalls Wilder's[/bold] [italic]Little House on the Prairie[/italic]? Bitch be trippin.

by Anonymousreply 160June 25, 2010 10:22 PM

"She has said she expressed shock and displeasure at finding out what was going to happen to her character." What part of what happens to her character shocked her?

by Anonymousreply 161June 25, 2010 10:23 PM

I eat shit

by Anonymousreply 162June 25, 2010 10:28 PM

In her biography MSA had no shock over where the role was going. She knew Mary went blind and dreaded the event and knew it was coming. The going blind episodes seem to have been her favorite of the series.

She does mention that as soon as she got the role of Mary she read the books and was disappointed to see how bland and secondary the character was in the books.

MSA has a high opinion of her talents evident from reading her autobiography. Not only does she go on and on about her Emmy nomination but also about her triumphs in tv movies and even the stupid slasher "Happy Birthday To Me". Not much of a sense of humor about herself in her book.

by Anonymousreply 163June 25, 2010 10:32 PM

[quote]Gilbert came across as unlikeable in her book. She was estranged from Landon for a few years up until before the end. And she cries victim one time too many without admitting any mistakes on her part.

True, r158. More than once she mentions an affair she'd have on location, and then goes on to say, basically, "It doesn't justify it, but I was so lonely" or whatever.

But the time she catches Rob Lowe boning Nastassja Kinski, she goes apeshit.

At one point, an anonymous stalker sends Bruce Boxleitner tapes of Melissa on the phone with her friends, talking about how much her costar on location was perfect for her. (She claims they didn't sleep together, but it seems dubious.) Apparently it shattered Boxleitner (who had been faithful), but Melissa turns it into another tale of herself being victimized.

by Anonymousreply 164June 25, 2010 10:42 PM

Yeah, she couldn't possibly have been shocked about the going blind part, since that's directly from the book. At the very least she would have known it was a possible and very likely direction for the character to take.

by Anonymousreply 165June 25, 2010 11:47 PM

Yes, R150. They are.

by Anonymousreply 166June 26, 2010 1:42 AM

Arngrim worked on her book for years before it got published, and the MSA bashing is such a small part of it. She really tells great stories. I recommend picking it up.

by Anonymousreply 167June 26, 2010 3:34 AM

It's not even really "bashing". It's not some tabloid book with lots of nastiness. To the contrary- she's surprisingly upbeat and positive, and hysterically funny.

She mentions that MSA was not very nice to her. She also basically says that she'd be happy to go out for drinks with her anytime. She approached MSA at Landon's funeral- it was MSA who blew her off.

Surprisingly, she shows compassion for MSA. She mentions that MSA's mother was considered the reason for her unhappiness. She talks about the time MSA's dad took them to an amusement park, and how different and happy MSA was. I think she feels compassion for her.

So don't get the wrong idea- she's not just tearing her down.

by Anonymousreply 168June 26, 2010 3:41 AM

I heard that Kevin Hagen who portrayed the kindly Dr. Hyman Baker used to jack off in his trailer incessantly between takes and once blew his load into AA's wig which he had lifted from the makeup trailer.

by Anonymousreply 169June 26, 2010 4:01 AM

So...Jonathan Gilbert...what's the story? I looked him up on Wiki- he went to Hamilton College and worked as a stock broker in New York (!). Then he went traveling around the world? AA mentions hearing from him, so they stayed in touch. I'm dying to know what he looks like today! Anyone know anything about him, other than the sketchy details?

by Anonymousreply 170June 26, 2010 4:07 AM

Around five years ago I was waiting to get my hair cut at a small salon on the UWS. Matthew Laborteaux was there at the same time, seemed like he had just finished and was chatting with the staff. I had just happened to catch a rerun of The Blind School fire ep and kept looking at the poor guy, not quite able to place him. Shortly after he left I realized who he was and the salon folks confirmed it. He lived upstairs from the place. Not long after that I saw him in a Verizon commercial.

by Anonymousreply 171June 26, 2010 5:22 AM

I saw Alison Arngrim do her stand-up act 3 or 4 years ago. The only thing she said about Melissa Sue Anderson then was that the hair and makeup lady on the show once commented that Alison and MSA should switch characters to be more like their true selves. I think Melissa Gilbert's book loosened Arngrim's lips quite a bit on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 172June 26, 2010 7:59 AM

Does she say whether Reverend Alden was gay?

by Anonymousreply 173June 26, 2010 8:13 AM

When the show started, MSA was a much superior actor than Gilbert was. One of my favorite episodes is from one of the early seasons, when Mary goes with Pa and Ma to the state math championship (in St. Paul? Mankato?) and comes in 2nd. She's humiliated when the train arrives in Walnut Grove because she thinks somehow everyone has misunderstood that she has won, but then she finds out they know she's come in 2nd and are proud of her anyway.

But as the years progressed, MSA got no better, and Gilbert improved in leaps and bounds. The episodes where she and Almanzo circle one another a bit before they commit to one another are quite good, and she's excellent. You really get the sense this homely tomboy is growing up into a confident young woman. Unfortunately, the show should have ended soon after they married; it was a huge mistake when Ma and Pa adopted new children (including Shannon Doherty!) and the Olsens replaced Nellie with Nancy.

by Anonymousreply 174June 26, 2010 9:02 PM

It would be so hot to have sex with Matthew Laborteaux.

"Fuck me, Albert! Harder! HARDER!"

by Anonymousreply 175June 26, 2010 9:03 PM

[quote]How ever could MSA think she would be the star of Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie? Bitch be trippin.

Tina Louise Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 176June 26, 2010 11:58 PM

It was Laura and Almanzo who took in Doherty. Ma and Pa took in Jason Bateman and that frog-faced girl who watched their parents die a horrible death as their wagon flipped over a hillside.

by Anonymousreply 177June 27, 2010 12:00 AM

How come Jason Bateman looks so good now but he wasn't so cute as a kid? Did he just grow into his face or whatever?

by Anonymousreply 178June 27, 2010 12:08 AM

R178, his bowl haircut didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 179June 27, 2010 12:15 AM

How come Carrie never got anything to say through the years? I mean even when Laura moved out of the house, the writers added James and Cassandra who got things happening to them each episodes, whereas the Greenbush sisters remained part of the background like a piece of furniture, although they'd been on the team since day one. Ok, so Carrie was not very charismatic, but still, neither was Cassandra.

by Anonymousreply 180June 27, 2010 1:50 AM

[quote]How come Carrie never got anything to say through the years? I mean even when Laura moved out of the house, the writers added James and Cassandra who got things happening to them each episodes, whereas the Greenbush sisters remained part of the background like a piece of furniture, although they'd been on the team since day one.

I always thought Carrie was the retarded Ingalls.

by Anonymousreply 181June 27, 2010 5:43 AM

Alison Arngrim addresses Carrie's apparent Special Needs in her book when she describes all the characters:

[quote]An adorable but extremely accident-prone dumpling of a child, with no visible neck and a serious communication problem...She smiles and gurgles seemingly up to the age of 10 or so, speaking an unintelligible dialect that only her family understands.

She also talks about how nuts the real-life Carries stage-mother was.

by Anonymousreply 182June 27, 2010 7:17 AM

The original TV movie/pilot of LHOTP is excellent and extremely faithful to the second book in the series. It is directed like a theatrical film with interesting angles, cutaways, etc. No Nellie, of course.

And in real life, it was almost all fiction. The trip out to Kansas occurred when Wilder was just a baby. After the failed homesteading act, they returned to Wisconsin which is when the events of "Big Woods" actually took place.

by Anonymousreply 183June 27, 2010 11:01 AM

R183 is right--Wilder herself at times took heavy liberties with the facts to make her books more accessible (and less scary and sad in some instances) for kids.

by Anonymousreply 184June 27, 2010 1:26 PM

[quote]How come Carrie never got anything to say through the years?

I have a two-part theory on that one, the main reason being that the Greenbush girls just weren't good actresses. And on a show like Little House where overacting was the order of the day, that's really saying a lot.

But I also think the producers or network (or both) wanted to downplay Laura's young age when she married Almonzo, even if that's how it really happened. By dressing her older and making her the teacher, Laura didn't really seem 16/17 even if she was. (They never really mentioned her young age after the episodes where she and Almonzo fall in love and Pa tells her she has to wait until she's 17 to get married.)

If Carrie was suddenly the focus of storylines, viewers would constantly be reminded that Laura wasn't much older than the little sister she was now teaching.

by Anonymousreply 185June 27, 2010 1:38 PM

Carrie and Grace were never focused upon much in the books, so why in the series? Carrie got two episodes - the falling down the well and the one where the giant spider chases her in a fantasy.

Their real life dad is Billy Green Bush who was pretty sexy in "Five Easy Pieces" and "Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore."

by Anonymousreply 186June 27, 2010 2:07 PM

I want to know what Ma Ingalls (Karen Grassle) was really like. Is it true she was a diva on set? And that she is a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 187June 27, 2010 5:30 PM

The new issue of People Magazine has a tiny sidebar item on Alison's book. They ask her something like, "If you weren't a real mean girl, who was the meanest of the young actresses?" and she replies, "Melissa Sue Anderson kept to herself...but now we are friends on Facebook."%0D %0D So it sounds like Melissa Sue has relented a bit since the publication of Alison's book.

by Anonymousreply 188June 28, 2010 12:33 AM

"If Carrie was suddenly the focus of storylines, viewers would constantly be reminded that Laura wasn't much older than the little sister she was now teaching."

Hell, the real Laura Ingalls Wilder started teaching at age 15 and married a man 10 years older than she.

by Anonymousreply 189June 28, 2010 1:37 AM

The good news for Gilbert is that the real Wilder didn't die until she was 90 in the late 1950s so Gilbert can play her again. Perhaps more liberties can be taken with her life and we can have an aged Laura working for the French Resistance.

by Anonymousreply 190June 28, 2010 1:45 AM

Great interview with Arngrim about her book--she is such an amazing intelligent funny woman. She encourages everyone to read MSA's and Gilbert's books as well as her own at the end ("COllect all three!"), which makes me like her even more.

She talks a bit about Jonathan Gilbert in this too--also MSA (of course), Michael Landon's tight pants and penchant for not wearing underwear, the destruction of the set for the final TV movie, and her molestation by her brother Stefan.

She is one of the few celebrities I would like to know personally--she's got such a great personality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 28, 2010 2:03 AM

Looks like MSA's publisher is trying to drum up sales of her memoir with this press release. AA's book was a NYT bestseller. MSA's was not.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 1, 2010 Contact: Bob Sembiante / Senior Publicist %E2%80%93GPP Robert.sembiante@globepequot.com 203-458-4555

Little Cat-Fight on the Prairie Melissa Anderson Breaks her Silence in a Long Simmering Feud with Former Co-Star Alison Arngrim

Guilford, CT - Melissa Anderson, child star of %E2%80%9CLittle House on the Prairie%E2%80%9D and author of the recently released memoir %E2%80%9CThe Way I See It,%E2%80%9D yesterday posted a letter on her Fan Club%E2%80%99s website blasting former co-star Alison %E2%80%9CNellie Oleson%E2%80%9D Arngrim and accusing Arngrim of possible slanderous comments. The letter is the first public comment Anderson has made since Arngrim began swiping at her in the media this past year.

Arngrim%E2%80%99s comments that Anderson was the real %E2%80%9Cbitch%E2%80%9D on the set, not her character Nellie, have been met with silence by Anderson. But a recent misstatement by Arngrim that Anderson had renounced her American citizenship in her move to Canada years ago prompted an open letter from Anderson that was posted on her Facebook Fanpage and www.melissasueandersonfan.com.

The letter is reprinted here in its entirety:

%E2%80%9CTo: Alison Arngrim From: Melissa Anderson I have not bothered to repudiate the lies and innuendos about me that people have told me are in your book. I have not bothered to refute the lies and innuendos about me you have spread in various interviews. If that%E2%80%99s what you feel you need to do to try and sell your book, it%E2%80%99s pretty pathetic, but that%E2%80%99s your decision. But when you state that I renounced my American citizenship, this is going too far. This is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY UNTRUE. No one is a more patriotic American than me and at no time did I, or would I EVER renounce my American citizenship. My attorney informs me that some of these statements could be construed as Defamation of Character, and if you do not cease this ludicrous smear campaign HE will be the next one to contact you. If you want to live in the Little House past and base your career on being the real life reincarnation of your nasty TV character, that is your affair. I have not uttered a single unkind word about you, either in print or in the media. Take a page from MY book, Alison, and grow up.%E2%80%9D

Melissa Anderson is an Emmy%E2%80%93Award winning actress known to millions for playing Mary Ingalls on the NBC television series Little House on the Prairie, which aired from 1974 to 1983. She played First Lady Megan Hollister in the 2006 miniseries 10.5: Apocalypse. Born and raised in California, she lives with her husband, television producer and screenwriter Michael Sloan, and their two children.

Her book, THE WAY I SEE IT: A LOOK BACK AT MY LIFE ON LITTLE HOUSE, was released in May of 2010 by Lyons Press, an imprint of Globe Pequot Press. Filled with personal, revealing anecdotes and memorabilia from the Little House years, this book is also a portrait of a child star who became a successful adult actress and a successful adult.

by Anonymousreply 192October 4, 2010 5:41 AM

Damn Nellie you in danger, gurl.

by Anonymousreply 193October 4, 2010 5:57 AM

[quote]Filled with personal, revealing anecdotes

LIE

[quote]this book is also a portrait of a child star who became a successful adult actress

LIE

[quote]and a successful adult.

ARGUABLE

by Anonymousreply 194October 4, 2010 6:14 AM

[quote]If you want to live in the Little House past and base your career on being the real life reincarnation of your nasty TV character, that is your affair. I have not uttered a single unkind word about you, either in print or in the media. Take a page from MY book, Alison, and grow up."

DAY-UM.

The gloves are off, bitches!

MARY INGALLS is going to show Nellie Olesen who's the biggest bitch in Walnut Grove!

by Anonymousreply 195October 4, 2010 6:47 AM

Sure sounds like a cunt to me.

by Anonymousreply 196October 4, 2010 6:49 AM

[quote]But the time she catches Rob Lowe boning Nastassja Kinski, she goes apeshit.

As Mario Cantone demonstrates...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 4, 2010 6:50 AM

Gilbert, Arngrim and Anderson...none of them sound like particularly likeable human beings.%0D %0D Why would Arngrim say Anderson renounced her American citizenship? To make her seem more like a bitch? If she did say that and if it is untrue, then Arngrim should publicly state that she was wrong and issue an apology. %0D %0D To state that a particular celebrity has renounced her American citizenship is to open a big, nasty can of worms. The way things are today, I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson got hate mail and maybe death threats from proud Americans who are appalled by her supposed rejection of the great USA. %0D %0D If this accusation is indeed a lie, then Arngrim is a real cunt.

by Anonymousreply 198October 4, 2010 1:16 PM

I eat old people's excrement.

by Anonymousreply 199October 4, 2010 3:57 PM

I'm actually starting to side with Melissa Sue Anderson.

She obviously didn't like being a child/teen actress much and it had a bad effect on her personality.

So she left the business and the people.

Alison is starting to resemble one of the Different Strokes kids clinging to their 15 minutes of C-list fame back in the day and it is getting ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 200October 4, 2010 10:14 PM

I attack elderly people at retirement homes and eat the peanuts out of there shitty diapers!

by Anonymousreply 201October 4, 2010 10:19 PM

MSA has gone out of her way to diss the fans of the show by claiming that AA has nothing better to do than go to cast reunions. AA knows which side of her bread is buttered and has made quite a nice life out from LHOP nostalgia (without disrobing for Playboy in the '80s or getting addicted to heroin).

AA is a dual citizen of Canada and the US, so it's not like she was stating that it's bad to be Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 202October 4, 2010 11:30 PM

Same here r200... I'm slowing switching over to Team Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 203October 4, 2010 11:37 PM

Oh by the way, #200, I also attack and pillage old folks, yank off their diapers, and eat their excrement, not just the peanuts!

by Anonymousreply 204October 4, 2010 11:41 PM

Grow the fuck up, r201/r204. You're fucking disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 205October 4, 2010 11:57 PM

r201 is an omnipresent tard.

by Anonymousreply 206October 5, 2010 12:06 AM

Well, MSA has now nailed her Martin Luther-esque denunciation of Alison to her Facebook wall, and her Facebook fraus are in complete support...

Mary Lou Thibodeaux:

[quote]I read all 3 books & let's just say I can read Melissa Sue Anderson's book only to the children. I told M Gilbert & A Argriam to please write another book simmilar to M Anderson, so I can read their book to the children. I love LHOTP!!!

Monika Cottrell:

[quote]Melissa, I was VERY impressed when I read your book that I did not see one single swear word in it. I have to give you a lot of credit for that.

Susie Shelton:

[quote]t is a shame that there are no programs on TV today like Litle House on the Prairie and the Waltons. I am proud to be called a bonett head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207October 5, 2010 2:05 AM

I think the Amazon reader reviews reveal which is the better book: AA rates a 5-star average to MSA's 2 1/2-star average. Some of MSA's reviews are quite savage. "Waste of money" comes up a lot.

by Anonymousreply 208October 5, 2010 2:09 AM

Mary Lou can read? She can barely spell.

by Anonymousreply 209October 5, 2010 2:20 AM

I adore the fact that this thread has been revived, and ironically, it's because of MSA.

by Anonymousreply 210October 5, 2010 2:45 AM

I read all three books and Arngrims's is easily the best. She relates a few stories about MSA and does theorize she must have had an unhappy home life which made her unpleasant on the set. I don't recall reading the renouncing US citizenship story. Maybe that was from an interview or her standup?

Melissa Sue Anderson's book is completely unrevealing. Huge chunks are given to reprinting dialogue and plots from the show - which, for a 200 page book, takes up a lot of pages. She also makes up some laughably bad dialogue, supposedly true and accurate from her childhood. It's almost worth reading just for the sheer awfulness. The only really revealing, surprising thing I recall is her enthusiasm and excitement that Barack Obama was elected president. I would have pegged her as team McCain/Palin.

by Anonymousreply 211October 5, 2010 3:20 AM

[quote]But a recent misstatement by Arngrim that Anderson had renounced her American citizenship in her move to Canada years ago

That is kind of a douchey thing to do. Why would Arngrim say this? Maybe it makes sense in context, but I can't imagine what the context could even be.

by Anonymousreply 212October 5, 2010 3:41 AM

Alison is so fucking desperate she does bus tours showing tourists around Hollywood.

Holy shit. At least MSA had some dignity to get out before she ended up the Z-list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213October 5, 2010 3:51 AM

R213, Alison grew up in West Hollywood and knows the area like the back of her hand. So what if she's giving tours? It's not like she's fucking people in the backseat. MSA's pissed that she was accused of renouncing her US citizenship by Alison in a number of interviews. I Googled news of Melissa Sue's Canadian citizenship and came up with the following link. I would've made the same assumption myself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214October 5, 2010 4:27 AM

If Alison was wrong, she should publicly apologize.

To do less, would make her a complete ass.

by Anonymousreply 215October 5, 2010 4:35 AM

[quote]The only really revealing, surprising thing I recall is her enthusiasm and excitement that Barack Obama was elected president. I would have pegged her as team McCain/Palin.

While Melissa Gilbert is a staunch Republican asshole.

I don't know about Arngrim vs. Anderson, but when it comes down to Gilbert vs. Anderson, I am FIRMLY Team Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 216October 5, 2010 4:41 AM

Thanks R207 for the link to MSA's facebook page! Through her I noticed she was a facebook friend of Lauren (Father Knows Best) Chapin! I have loved her since reading her bio and detailing her days as a crack 'ho!

sorry for this brief hijack, now back to the thread...

by Anonymousreply 217October 5, 2010 4:44 AM

A public apology? It's not like she called her a communist.

by Anonymousreply 218October 5, 2010 4:54 AM

"A public apology? It's not like she called her a communist."%0D %0D Saying someone has "renounced" their American citizenship paints them as someone who has a lot of contempt for the U.S., someone who is anti-America. Nothing good can come from that.%0D %0D It's an outright lie that Anderson renounced her citizenship. I guess Arngrim really wants people to hate Anderson. I think Angrim is a lot more like Nellie than she cares to admit.

by Anonymousreply 219October 5, 2010 1:01 PM

My pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 220October 5, 2010 2:28 PM

I always thought it was interesting that in the season or so before Mary Ingalls went blind, they were making her character more and more nasty. There was that episode where she freaked out about Indians and called them "heathens" even when the rest of the family was sympathetic; and the one where she thinks Caroline is acting too friendly with another man in Walnut Grove and basically accuses her of being a whore. This was at the same time that Nellie was becoming at least a slightly more sympathetic character, which is interesting to think about now in relation to all this new information.

Of course then she went blind, and after that her character was just pathetic and pretty much had only "victim" storylines, sort of a precursor to Kelly Taylor on "90210."

by Anonymousreply 221October 5, 2010 2:58 PM

Oh my, that R220 is so original, so witty. And he's got his tongue so far up Alison Arngrim's asshole that he'll be tasting her farts for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 222October 5, 2010 4:36 PM

Your vitriol is a bit out of proportion to the subject matter, r222.

by Anonymousreply 223October 5, 2010 4:40 PM

Melissa Sue Anderson stans? Relly?

by Anonymousreply 224October 5, 2010 4:50 PM

I rimmed Victor French and Merlin Olsen after they had a hearty Mexican meal.

by Anonymousreply 225October 5, 2010 6:12 PM

Funny you are not, r225.... so please stop trying.

Clearing cookies is not a remarkable talent.

by Anonymousreply 226October 5, 2010 6:20 PM

When I was a teenager I raped Minnie Pearl's dead body!

by Anonymousreply 227October 5, 2010 6:25 PM

So many pathetic fails -

but, hell, you're used to that, aren't you r227?

by Anonymousreply 228October 5, 2010 6:39 PM

I fingered my asshole to HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

by Anonymousreply 229October 5, 2010 6:50 PM

Look how one troll ruined this entire thread.

How proud it must be.

by Anonymousreply 230October 6, 2010 1:09 AM

The only trolls that ruined this thread are the fraus that invaded this thread from Melissa Sue Anderson's facebook page.

Anderson is a humorless cunt.

GAVEL DOWN!

by Anonymousreply 231October 6, 2010 2:43 AM

It is impossible to see who is right in this battle of she-said-she-said.

Only one person in the universe can possibly determine the truth, and of course that person is: Miss Beadle.

Charlotte Stewart must come out retirement and judge for the entire world on CNN whether Melissa Sue or Alison is in the right. The punishment for the loser must be of course meted out by either Karen Grassle or Scotty MacGregor, and Jonathan Gilbert will be asked to point at the loser and laugh "Ha, ha-ha ha-ha!" derisively.

by Anonymousreply 232October 6, 2010 3:22 AM

[quote]Maybe MSA was jealous of Pa and Laura's relationship. I've never seen two people with more chemistry than those two. And from what I've heard, Pa didn't feel the same about all of his kids.

Landon and Gilbert had incredible chemistry and Landon treated Gilbert better than his own kids. Gilbert named her son after him.

Landon and Mr. Edwards ALSO had incredible chemistry. And they both smoked 5 packs of cigarettes a day, were born two years apart and died exactly two years apart of the same thing and were close off-set supposedly.

HOWEVER, Landon did not like the twins and they did not like him. I don't believe he and Karen Grassle were best of friends either.

by Anonymousreply 233October 6, 2010 5:10 AM

What's the dish on Karen Grassle? I read somewhere that she went by the name "Gabriel Tree" (which sounds so hippie-esque) for a while in 60s. I always thought she was a very underrated actress, especially in that episode where she almost had to amputate her own leg, as well as the one where she and Doc Baker went to a gold mining camp to help her childhood friend deliver her baby.

I know she's hawking bathtubs for people with mobility issues, but wondered if the three girls talk about her in their books.

Oh, and my best friend from H.S. used to call the girl who played Cassandra "Soupy Sales"... (She's now a financial reporter on CNBC, and still looks like Soupy Sales, just blonder).

by Anonymousreply 234October 6, 2010 7:13 AM

r8, I just about split a gut reading that!

by Anonymousreply 235October 6, 2010 7:34 AM

r234, Grassle isn't really talked about much in any of the books. Arngrim mentions she frequently attends the "Little House" fan conventions when they happen.

Anderson talks about one incident where Grassle and Landon apparently went at it over a scene and Grassle stormed off the set. But she admits she wasn't actually there for the incident and really doesn't know what happened or how it was resolved. Fascinating.

I can't recall what Gilbert wrote about her; it's been awhile since I read her book. I think either she or Anderson mentioned that Grassle tried to leave the show at one point but Landon or someone talked her out of it. You get the impression Grassle and Landon didn't always get along but there's really so little to go on you can't truthfully even make that assumption. I know Grassle and Charlotte (Miss Beadle) Stewart were both kind of hippy-ish actors very unlike their characters.

by Anonymousreply 236October 6, 2010 8:13 AM

Was MSA a bitch to Linwood Boomer?

by Anonymousreply 237October 6, 2010 8:19 AM

Moments to remember on LHOTP:%0D %0D When Nels Olsen almost fell in love with the redheaded Irish lady. I was in shock when they actually kissed. It was unbelievable that he would return to haggy old Mrs. Olsen after being in the company of such a pretty Irish Miss.%0D %0D The moment Amanzo fell in love with Laura. It's hard to believe that he would even be attracted....but it was a touching scene anyway.%0D %0D When Mary went blind and began screaming her head off. When her boyfriend came to see her she was cordial at first just making small talk. Then all of a sudden she loses it completely and starts screaming her head off again. Poor Mary! %0D %0D

by Anonymousreply 238October 6, 2010 8:51 AM

Alright%0D %0D I am trying to play a sweet natured prank. %0D %0D I am trying to see if MSA will friend me up through facebook. %0D %0D If she does...%0D %0D Then what is the most gag worthy question I can aks her on her wall which is full of the most obscure LHOTP references I can ask. %0D %0D I think it would be funny.

by Anonymousreply 239October 6, 2010 3:03 PM

Melissa Gilbert and Alison speak very lovingly of Karen Grassle.

Katharine McGregor used to run an acting class after hours, and Karen attended many sessions to improve her craft.

by Anonymousreply 240October 6, 2010 3:13 PM

Karen Grassle understudied Blythe Danner on Broadway in 'Butterflies Are Free' and eventually replaced her after she left the show.

by Anonymousreply 241October 6, 2010 3:14 PM

I always found it interesting when Landon and Grassle left as series regulars and they re-branded the show as "Little House: A New Beginning."

Anyone have any back-story on that? It was interesting in that Landon was still the driving creative force behind the show and still appeared regularly, but if I recall Grassle never appeared again (not certain of that but if she did it was rarely).

I always assumed this was Grassle's decision since I can't see Landon stepping down from his lead role voluntarily. But at the same time he was enough of a sentimentalist/family man that he couldn't bear killing off Caroline or breaking up the Ingalls marriage.

by Anonymousreply 242October 6, 2010 3:31 PM

r242,I thought Landon left the show because of the controversy over his affair with the make-up girl. About this time he was either married to her or in the throes of getting her plastic surgery to correct her ape- like jaw so he could show her in public. His ex wife at that time was appearing on different talk shows badmouthing Landon and letting the world know what a cad he really was- I think she founded The First Wives Club. I remember a couple of the victimized wives of celebs were in the the club-one was Jackie , ex wife of actor Ken Berry,and she did her share of dishing out,too. It seems that Landon and his latest wife had a happy marriage until his death in, I think, 1991. Who knows if he would have eventually cheated on this one, too?

by Anonymousreply 243October 6, 2010 5:29 PM

Landon adored both Anderson and Gilbert equally, and it's clear in Gilbert's book she's jealous that he liked MSA as much as he liked her. He also seemed to like Arngrim quite a bit too. I don;t know that he didn't get along as well with the Greenbish twins--he did write that special episode for them where Carrie has the imaginary friend that looks just like her (so both twins could appear together in the same scenes).

I also always wondered why the baby, Grace, never grew up to have any sort of personality. At least Carrie got lines--even by the later years Grace was still being played by dolls, apparently, and never aged past infancy.

The whole cast really respected Katherine "Scotty" MacGregor. She's actually the best actor on the whole show. Two of the very best epsidoes feature her--one is the one where the Olesens are bickering so much they seriously consider divorce, and she and Richard Bull (who plays Nels) are fantastic in this episode. They're very funny when they're arguing, but when they're not they're very hurt, and they're good at making you realize their characters have gone too far in their fighting. She's also excellent in the episode where she tries to prevent Reverend Alden from getting married because she was jilted in her youth by another minister. That's one of those sure-fire tearjerker episodes like the one where Laura runs away to the mountaintop with Ernest Borgnine after her infant brother dies, or the one where Mary goes blind.

by Anonymousreply 244October 6, 2010 10:03 PM

More about Scottie MacGregor!!! She could go from completely over the top (like calling Dean Butler "Zaldamo") to really touching. It's amazing she has as few credits as she does.

by Anonymousreply 245October 8, 2010 10:54 PM

The woman Landon left his wife for was much younger (aren't they all?) but she was ugly as hell. I guess she must have had a killer bod.

by Anonymousreply 246October 8, 2010 11:27 PM

Hey Bitches! I was left richer than any of you peons!

by Anonymousreply 247October 9, 2010 3:41 AM

Karen Grassle still does theater here and there. I remember reading that she did the play WIT somewhere in the southwest. As you probably know, the play ends with a nude scene. I've always wondered if they staged that part differently when she played the role...or if Ma Ingalls really did reveal her sixty-year-old cooch on stage.

by Anonymousreply 248October 9, 2010 4:08 AM

Dear God, look at Cindy Landon's wedding bouquet. She was such trash, yet she sent her kids off to Paris for a fine education. Strange.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249October 9, 2010 4:29 AM

^LOL--it looks like a Palmer's Valentine candy box with some Hobby Lobby seasonal clearance items hot-glued to the top.

by Anonymousreply 250October 9, 2010 1:25 PM

I used to fantasize that Michael Landon would have a secret affair with me. Right after that he really had one with the make-up girl.%0D %0D And MARRIED her, to boot!

by Anonymousreply 251October 9, 2010 6:41 PM

You never see Melissa Sue Anderson anymore. I think she got fat like Sally Struthers did.

by Anonymousreply 252January 19, 2011 8:55 AM

Why did they cast that ugly bitch to play Cassandra? If I were Jason Bateman, I'd have been highly offended to have that fugly ho cast as my sister. I used to vomit in my mouth a little whenever that hideous creature appeared on screen.

by Anonymousreply 253March 2, 2011 5:26 AM

I don't seem a bad choice for Kirby now, do I?

by Anonymousreply 254March 2, 2011 6:05 AM

Weird thought: Michael Landon would be nearly 75 if he were alive today. Hard to imagine him that old.

by Anonymousreply 255March 2, 2011 6:43 AM

I looked through all three books recently. Arngrim's is by far the best one, because she's clearly a bitchy queen in a woman's body. But Gilbert's was pretty entertaining too. Anderson's is totally worthless.

I can't imagine having to spend my whole life talking and being reminded about things that happened when I was 11 or 12 years old. It must do a number on you to have your whole adult life be perceived as downhill.

by Anonymousreply 256March 2, 2011 6:54 AM

Even if Allison Arngrim and Melissa Gilbert are "entertaining", I think I like Melissa Sue Anderson the best of the three.

by Anonymousreply 257March 3, 2011 11:07 PM

How could MSA have hated Radames Pera? Something is seriously wrong with that bitch.

by Anonymousreply 258March 6, 2011 6:55 AM

Wasn't KG upset with ML about his affair with the make-up girl? I don't remeber what makes me think that but I thought I heard that somewhere.%0D %0D Anyway, I was never a big LHOTP fan but this thread has been such a great read. Loved it.

by Anonymousreply 259March 6, 2011 7:11 AM

[/quote]I always found it interesting when Landon and Grassle left as series regulars and they re-branded the show as "Little House: A New Beginning." [/quote]

If memory serves, earlier season reruns of LHOTP were already airing in syndication and played fairly often.

I had read somewhere that the new series was titled 'Little House; A New Beginning' to differentiate the new show from the repeats in that ancient TV almanac we all used to peruse.

by Anonymousreply 260March 6, 2011 7:54 AM

This message board is proof that gay men hate women. All the cliches are true. Gay men are misogynists who advance and promote a woman-hating lifetyle. Why do you choose to ignore the virulent misogyny of posts with the c-word in their subject headings? Why are you so desperate to play into all of the religious right's stereotypes about you? Your hatred of women is killing all of us. Stop the violence.

by Anonymousreply 261March 6, 2011 8:06 AM

R261 is married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 262March 7, 2011 5:04 AM

R257=Melissa Sue Anderson. Her book was boring and awful.

The customer reviews speak for themselves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 7, 2011 5:50 AM

Me too, R18. This is fascinating. Was MSA a narcissist because she was beautiful and had a narcissistic mother to boot? Or is MG a liar (I mean if she's a freeper, aren't they all deluded liars with Freudian personality issues?) What that 3rd girl has to say seems to be the deal but how can we be sure - maybe two of the girls unfairly ganged up on the third.

Shame Michael Landon's dead and we can't ask him. Hey, the actress who played the mother is now doing ads for those pendants that elderly people wear so if they fall down they can push a button - I guess cell phones are too complicated if you're over 70. Anyway, we need her to confirm who the bitch(es) were, if she was even aware of what was going on.

Who was that cute boy whose character married MG's character? I'd love to hear from him. Alonzo or something like that?

by Anonymousreply 264March 7, 2011 6:13 AM

R261, when are you going to leave DL? You aren't improving it.

by Anonymousreply 265March 7, 2011 1:44 PM

Anyone who reads AA terrific book and doesn't come out wanting to be her friend is more twisted than a Crazy Straw. She doesn't trash MSA but explains how cold and aloof she was and she tried to reach out to her. She actually treats her respect. She seems to be a great broad.

by Anonymousreply 266March 7, 2011 2:33 PM

People who hate women are also people who hate homosexuals.

Queers who degrade and demean women are self-loathing homosexuals.

If you hate women, you hate yourself.

Stop the DL violence against women.

Stop using the c-word on DL.

by Anonymousreply 267March 13, 2011 5:38 AM

People who hate women are also people who hate homosexuals.

Queers who degrade and demean women are self-loathing homosexuals.

If you hate women, you hate yourself.

Stop the DL violence against women.

Stop using the c-word on DL.

by Anonymousreply 268March 13, 2011 5:38 AM

This was 35 years ago. She's probably changed.

by Anonymousreply 269March 13, 2011 9:34 AM

R267/268, please stop hijacking threads with your nonsense. You've done this before and worked yourself up until you've made yourself sick, and it's obviously not good for someone in your delicate condition. Be gentle with yourself. If you don't act like one people won't call you one.

by Anonymousreply 270March 14, 2011 5:04 AM

I never liked her anyway, she bored me shitless

by Anonymousreply 271January 4, 2012 5:20 AM

How in the world did this thread pop up again...it's been around since 2010

by Anonymousreply 272January 4, 2012 6:08 AM

It's called bumping, Carrie/r272. Someone finds an old thread/ topic interesting and adds a post to get it to the front page again. Now run to the outhouse before you pee on yourself.

by Anonymousreply 273January 4, 2012 6:22 AM

What is it you can'tface?

by Anonymousreply 274January 4, 2012 8:05 PM

DON'T MAKE ME GET OUT THE SHITBRA R272!!!

by Anonymousreply 275January 4, 2012 8:09 PM

Katherine MacGregor was born in 1925.

She retired early with a mint in the bank as near as I can gather.

I am linking to her Wiki for the heck of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276January 4, 2012 10:47 PM

"You never see Melissa Sue Anderson anymore. I think she got fat like Sally Struthers did."

You don't see her anymore because she doesn't act anymore. I've seen recent pictures of her and she looks quite good, much better than the duck-lipped, fake-titted Melissa Gilbert.

Someone wondered what Landon would be doing at age 75. Well, he'd still be cranking out treacly tv series and specials, that's what he'd be doing. And he'd probably dump his fugly make-up girl wife for a much younger babe and and start knocking her up and crank out a few more kids, just like he did with the make-up girl.

by Anonymousreply 277January 4, 2012 11:17 PM

MSA moved to Montreal after filming a guest role in some made for TV movie.

by Anonymousreply 278January 5, 2012 2:30 AM

Do you know what she did? Your cunting daughter?

by Anonymousreply 279January 15, 2012 9:22 PM

Apparently Laura Ingalls was reincarnated:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280January 15, 2012 9:33 PM

Bumping this thread for Linwood Boomer gossip, if any should exist.

by Anonymousreply 281February 11, 2012 5:12 PM

Oh hot damn, Linny was a hot little number back in the day. Just ask Dean Butler.

by Anonymousreply 282February 11, 2012 5:29 PM

Linwood's eyes were DREAMY. He could have been a cult leader with them eyes.

by Anonymousreply 283February 17, 2012 5:31 PM

[R170] Johnathan Gilbert works as a stockbroker.

And here is a link to a picture of him.

PS: Sorry if I did this wrong. First time and all that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 2, 2012 6:07 PM

Mellisa sue anderson was the prettist girl on little house and the smartest one to she should of played laura i cant stand melissa gilbert

by Anonymousreply 285April 11, 2012 9:33 PM

R284 according to Melissa Gilbert's book, Jonathan just walked out of the house and never returned. Never stayed in touch. Just dropped right out of sight. Not only with her, but her sister and mother as well.

She says even if she wanted to get in touch with him, she wouldn't know how to.

by Anonymousreply 286April 11, 2012 9:41 PM

Wow that is so strange he would drop his family like that R286.

by Anonymousreply 287April 11, 2012 9:43 PM

R284 and R286: This site claims: "Actually, he (Jonathan Gilbert)runs a new theater company in Newport Beach, CA."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 11, 2012 9:49 PM

Wow R95. And I thought I didn't have a life.

by Anonymousreply 289April 11, 2012 10:03 PM

Mario Cantone reads from saintly Melissa Gilbert's autobiography...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290April 11, 2012 10:08 PM

Melissa Gilbert was and is tough on the eyes, ears and brain. She did come from a powerful Hollywood family much like putative actress and eyesore Tori Spelling. I have to wonder if career aspirant Rob Lowe shacked up with Gilbert to raise his profile. Evidently, he all but ignored her existence in his autobiography..not to mention being totally ambivalent/unavailable when she was pregant with his child. Is it true that the Boxleitner marriage was not a love match but a business transaction? Now that would make sense.

by Anonymousreply 291April 12, 2012 12:24 AM

Thanks for that great clip, R290! I love Mario.

by Anonymousreply 292April 12, 2012 2:17 AM

I cannot believe she flew to Montreal over Rob Lowe sleeping with Natassia Kinski on the set of The Hotel New Hampshire and told him "You don't f*ck with America's Sweetheart"

by Anonymousreply 293April 12, 2012 2:31 AM

Rob Lowe was getting all that intoxicating "narcissistic supply" from Gilbert -- no wonder he kept her hanging on for so long.

by Anonymousreply 294April 12, 2012 5:26 AM

r45 MSA looks like Tiffani Thiessen.

by Anonymousreply 295April 12, 2012 7:47 AM

I were Rob Lowe, I would not want to admit to a thing like MG, either.

by Anonymousreply 296April 12, 2012 11:51 AM

[286] and [288] I never knew that! That is an interesting piece of news on Jonathan. I wonder why he just left them. And a theater company? Hmmm :) Anyone else heard news of him or any new pictures of him? He is rarely heard of nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 297April 13, 2012 4:19 AM

Chung Ho not understand how you know that Melissa is the vagina girl when you not with her? People tell books in lies. How you know that the lies in books are such and not truths.

When Chung Ho was little people love him but then he grow and get strong and eat food, and North Korea is having no food so mother no like Chung Ho for the consumption of food.

Maybe is reason for Melissa to be unhappy and be a vagina on set. Maybe her cast is unhappy because her beauty exceeds their beauty. If she has the vagina why would she be that on a prairie?

by Anonymousreply 298April 13, 2012 8:33 AM

What did Boxleitner see in Gilbert?

by Anonymousreply 299April 15, 2012 2:49 AM

Does MG see herself for who she is?

by Anonymousreply 300April 15, 2012 3:11 AM

I remember in the early 80's, I read an article in the Sunday newspaper about a star-studded 2-hour 'Love Boat' episode and what a nightmare it was to tape. The article mentioned Harry Morgan choking on some food and barfing on the table during a dining room scene, and MSA arguing to some production assistant about the body make-up she had to wear in order to look like a tanned cruise passenger. She complained that 2 days later it was still on her, and the PA replied "it comes off in the shower."

So even then, there were hints of her cuntiness leaking out.

by Anonymousreply 301April 15, 2012 3:42 AM

That fucking bitch got Linwood Boomer fired from LH cause she didn't like him. And she dissed my gal Alison Arngrim. AND she used to do the nasty with Lance Kerwin when he guested on the show.

by Anonymousreply 302April 15, 2012 5:07 PM

Melissa Anderson is a bottom feeding castrating alligator gar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303April 15, 2012 7:18 PM

Missy happens to be an Emmy Award Winning Actress!

by Anonymousreply 304April 15, 2012 7:22 PM

[quote]That fucking bitch got Linwood Boomer fired from LH cause she didn't like him.

Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 305April 15, 2012 7:23 PM

Missy elected not to renew her contract, so Linwood got written out.

by Anonymousreply 306April 15, 2012 8:39 PM

Id eat her

by Anonymousreply 307June 8, 2012 12:26 AM

And yet no one commented on the clearly noticeable cock bulge of R92's pic.

by Anonymousreply 308June 8, 2012 12:44 AM

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 309June 9, 2012 12:24 AM

R302, I heard it was the guy who played John Jr that MSA got fired. She and Linwood were rumored to have gotten it on. Not sure if I believe that one though.

by Anonymousreply 310June 9, 2012 10:07 AM

I wish I could pay doc Baker in chickens and apples

by Anonymousreply 311June 15, 2012 9:20 PM

Who else have you been with Alice Garvey you slut

by Anonymousreply 312June 15, 2012 9:24 PM

Ppeeter pppiper ppppicked a pppack o hey wait this ain't a password bitch

by Anonymousreply 313June 16, 2012 11:07 AM

Obama can't win so he just adds 800,000 voters to his roles. Plus this will make all their parents eligible to vote.

Of course since the Obama admin also stops states like Florida from throwing illegally registered people off the voting roles.

He's a shoe in

by Anonymousreply 314June 16, 2012 11:48 AM

Melissa Gilbert was the jerk. She set up Anderson on a date with Gaëtan Dugas

by Anonymousreply 315June 16, 2012 2:46 PM

R314 = battering ram baby.

Getting knocked in the head a few times as a baby renders you a rightwing moron.

Maybe Obama should get the Supreme Court to just steal the election for him, like your fella, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 316June 16, 2012 3:03 PM

r315, how the hell do you think up something like that?

by Anonymousreply 317June 16, 2012 4:08 PM

Eliza Jane will you come to a romantic dinner with me so I can thank you for giving me balls to ask another chic to marry me. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 318June 16, 2012 5:49 PM

What did Melissa Sue ever do to you.all she wanted was to somebody's friend.anybody's friend.you should be ashamed of yourselves.by the way nobody likes me either.I'm joining Carrie in the well.

by Anonymousreply 319June 16, 2012 5:55 PM

Sorry we shot you buzby here keep this picture book.

by Anonymousreply 320June 16, 2012 5:57 PM

All she wanted to do was impersonate other people so she could feel human. FAIL!

by Anonymousreply 321June 16, 2012 5:59 PM

Here's why I hated Mary:

--The Ingalls were helped by an Indian during some blizzard.

--Then there was that Half-Indian boy

--But then there was that Indian Chief needing medical help that the Doc and Charles were helping, but Mary goes on some tirade about the Indians killing people.

WTF! Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 322June 16, 2012 6:04 PM

Hey i used to wash thirty dogs. A weekend and clean fifteen kennels covered in dog shit for eight dollars an hour I know. Lets pay people millions of dollars to throw a ball in a hoop

by Anonymousreply 323June 16, 2012 6:11 PM

I bet pa ingalls never had a baby with someone else than Caroline and ripped her heart out.

by Anonymousreply 324June 16, 2012 6:14 PM

Albert liked sourballs to help his cotton mouth after the morphine

by Anonymousreply 325June 16, 2012 6:32 PM

know why I like this site.its a good place to vent and I don't know other straight people who like lhop.my boyfriend watches sports and only has anything to do with me when he wants to do me.

by Anonymousreply 326June 16, 2012 6:48 PM

Straight guys are like that. You should date gay guys. They like picking up the house and mincing around the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 327June 17, 2012 8:44 AM

What's mincing

by Anonymousreply 328June 17, 2012 12:58 PM

Do you like my dress? It cost five dollars.

by Anonymousreply 329June 17, 2012 2:02 PM

When Laura was mean to bandit and then he ran away he shouldn't have come back to her.instead he should of crapped on her buckteeth and found someone who appreciated him.

by Anonymousreply 330June 18, 2012 9:36 PM

If you think MSA was a cunt, let me introduce you to my friend Julie.

by Anonymousreply 331June 18, 2012 9:43 PM

I like the episode where pa ingalls handcuffs Caroline to the bed and

by Anonymousreply 332June 19, 2012 10:16 PM

I read all three of the girls' books. First Laura's, then Nellie's and then had to read Mary's to see if what they implied about her was accurate and to see if she dished on them.

First of all, she doesn't really. She basically said that even though she and Melissa Gilbert were only a year and a half apart, they might as well have been 10 years apart. Melissa was encouraged to act as young as possible. This was after the audition. She barely mentiones Alison. She said she was prettier before they made her wear a wig. And she mentioned that she had dinner with her and her mother. Alison said in her book that Melissa Sue's mother was a nutcase (so was Baby Carries' mother, and she confirmed the girls were basically retarded because of the mother, but grew up fine). Melissa Sue does not mention her family life at all in the book.

Melissa referred to Michael Landon as Mike throughout the book, starting with the audition. That bugged me. There were some jabs at Mike and his mean streak, such as him telling her to lose 5 lbs before casting her because she looked too well-fed for a prairie kid. After her Emmy nom he said to her "you know you're not going to win, right?"

She didn't like John Jr and got called out by the director for their first kissing scene. Basically he told her she was an actress, start acting. Of Linwood Boomer she said he was "handsome in a nontraditional way." She went on most of all about Todd Bridges - who guest starred before Diffrent Strokes. Not about him, about his character.

The book is basically a recap guide of every episode she was prominently featured in. She dishes little, and it's all about her and how pretty she is. If you can't get it for free from the library, don't bother reading it.

by Anonymousreply 333June 19, 2012 10:32 PM

"handsome in a nontraditional way" = you better have a nice personality

by Anonymousreply 334June 19, 2012 11:59 PM

Alison/Nellie is a riot. I saw her show last weekend in NYC. She dished about everyone in the cast - no one was off limits - she took questions from the audience and came out dressed as Nellie in an 1870s wheelchair at the end. She also did a meet and greet and signed her book afterwards.

Mary Ingalls' baby battering ram was brought up and it made me wonder which one of you bitches was in attendance that night.

by Anonymousreply 335June 20, 2012 12:14 AM

Please don't shoot me

by Anonymousreply 336June 20, 2012 12:31 AM

[quote]She went on most of all about Todd Bridges - who guest starred before Diffrent Strokes. Not about him, about his character.

What did she write about him?

by Anonymousreply 337June 20, 2012 12:35 AM

r337, Todd's character played the grandson of a former slave, living with his mother and brother and not allowed to attend school. The whole episode was about integration after the civil war.

The other thing I found laughable in the book and gave me a good sense of how big MSA's ego was is her claim that she was supposed to play the Brooke Shields part in Blue Lagoon, but had to drop out because she wasn't comfortable with the nudity in the film (Brooke was actually never nude) and her morals clause in LHOTP contract wouldn't allow it.

by Anonymousreply 338June 20, 2012 3:54 PM

Little House bump

by Anonymousreply 339June 22, 2012 5:52 PM

Almanzo married Tori spellings mom on 90210 Donna Martin graduate

by Anonymousreply 340June 26, 2012 3:46 PM

[quote]Little Cunt on the Prairie

I can see this as a Tony award winning musical...

by Anonymousreply 341June 26, 2012 3:59 PM

Almanzo, No one loves me I'm going to hang myself with Mr Edwards belt in the outhouse.dont come a looking for me.just keep smashing half pint.I'm OK.really I am.

by Anonymousreply 342June 26, 2012 4:13 PM

Nellie oleson hair of gold Never did as she was told

Whipped a horse and thrown to the ground Laura wouldn't let her down

Until she found Nellie was a stupid liar

by Anonymousreply 343July 9, 2012 12:25 AM

I liked the episode where Nellie acted like a spoiled brat. Did anyone else see that?

by Anonymousreply 344July 9, 2012 5:34 AM

melissa gilbert is a cunt. if she hated msa, it probably speaks well of msa's character.

by Anonymousreply 345July 9, 2012 12:33 PM

Pa likes ma he wakes up early in the morn to water his corn Doc. Baker didn't know Nellie was a faker Eliza. Jane. She's. So. Plain Hester. Sue alright.this is going nowhere _

by Anonymousreply 346July 9, 2012 9:24 PM

Mrs oleson is fun"

by Anonymousreply 347July 9, 2012 9:25 PM

Remember on the Brady Bunch when Bobby fucked MSA and then she say, "Bobby you shouldn't have raped me, I have AIDS."

by Anonymousreply 348July 9, 2012 9:47 PM

Then Cindy snitched.

Marcia) The last thing I need is the AIDS

Thindy) Yeah

Bobby) Millicent is your friend

Thindy) Yes, but I didn't rape her.

Jan) So that's what the secret was all about

by Anonymousreply 349July 10, 2012 6:47 AM

To 348 Wow my TV just had her having mono what the heck were you watching

by Anonymousreply 350July 10, 2012 10:08 PM

348 has it wrong.

It was Mike that had the AIDS, not Millicent. Millicent had the herp on her lips.

by Anonymousreply 351July 10, 2012 10:29 PM

Remember when Alice played her lesbian cousin Emma and Thindy was all like "You're looking ethpecially butch today Alith."

by Anonymousreply 352July 10, 2012 10:53 PM

They always took Alice on vacation then they still made her wear that ugly ass maid uniform to keep her in place

by Anonymousreply 353July 11, 2012 5:05 PM

Pa ingalls was cool. He worked his ass off. He never cheated on Caroline. He went to church. He didn't drink or beat his wife. His ten thousand kids didn't waste there lives playing that stupid ass x box

by Anonymousreply 354July 11, 2012 9:30 PM

Mr oleson wishes he had the ingalls family instead of his nasty fat wife and unruly children

by Anonymousreply 355July 11, 2012 9:35 PM

[quote]Pa ingalls was cool. He worked his ass off. He never cheated on Caroline

Remember when Pa Ingalls took off his shirt and wanted to wrestle with Albert?

[quote]Mr oleson wishes he had the ingalls family instead of his nasty fat wife and unruly children

But Mrs Olsen was a wild bitch in bed and did the oral and anal, something prissy Mrs Ingalls wouldn't do. It was only missionary for the Ingalls

And Olsen produced a son, something Ingalls couldn't do. Well not for long anyway.

Instead Pa Ingalls made his daughter into a lez but it didn't take but effected her adopted sister in real life.

by Anonymousreply 356July 14, 2012 7:15 AM

I thought that was just cold cream on Mrs olesons face at night.

by Anonymousreply 357July 14, 2012 12:07 PM

That was Mr Olsen's baby batter.

Mrs Olsen was like "Hey daddy, feel like wasting your kids?"

by Anonymousreply 358July 14, 2012 3:00 PM

Mr Olsen had a cock-a-saurus. And they didn't call his son WILLIE for nothing

by Anonymousreply 359July 14, 2012 9:12 PM

I liked the episode where they all had the anthrax so Pa rides to get help.

Except there were no antibiotics back then. I think Pa was just chicken. Or else he was a bug spreader.

by Anonymousreply 360July 15, 2012 5:59 AM

I like when the teachers apways doing stupid shit like sending the kids home in a blizzard or out in the woods to collect bugs. They should have left Carrie in the well tho cause she was pretty uselessness as an actor that's why they had to adopt Cassandra to take her place

by Anonymousreply 361July 16, 2012 8:24 PM

I like when Ellen drowns because boys were peeping them and she goes under for two seconds and drowns and Ellen's mom blames Laura and kidnaps her in the apple celler and makes her wear Ellen's dress only Laura's no way as pretty as Ellen so you'd think shed notice its not her but she don't and the men think it was busby who took Laura and they shot him and he was innocent so they gave him a stupid picture book and he was all happy and shit like don't worry bout shooting me I mean you gave me this picture book like that makes up for shooting me.

by Anonymousreply 362July 16, 2012 9:01 PM

I like the episode where Laura kisses the black guy.

Then Pa says it's rape and the whole town puts the black guy on trial and Laura agrees that it was rape.

But Mary's blind husband defends him pointing out he has can't lift his arm.

But in the end they find the black dude guilty and lynch him.

Then Albert goes after the accuser and burns down his house and leaves a secret note for Laura in a tree.

by Anonymousreply 363July 16, 2012 9:36 PM

Damn I missed that one.

by Anonymousreply 364July 17, 2012 10:57 PM

I like the one where Laura sits on her ass and plays x box and eats taco bell all day. Wait that's today's stu.pid kids

by Anonymousreply 365July 17, 2012 11:03 PM

Laura: "SHIFFAROBE!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 366July 17, 2012 11:10 PM

To reply fourteen. Yo face is funny. Besides I'm a straight woman and this site kicks ass.dumb shit

by Anonymousreply 367July 18, 2012 1:07 AM

I like the episode where pa picks his nose and makes Carrie eat it. Little snot on the prairie.

by Anonymousreply 368July 18, 2012 1:13 AM

I miss my mommy

by Anonymousreply 369July 18, 2012 1:15 AM

My favorite episode was when Laura volunteered to cook dinner for Nellie, who was entertaining Manly.

Then Laura put lots of pepper in the dish but Willie switched pots and exchanged the pepper for one he spiked with Viagra

And Manly suddenly couldn't get up without embarrassing himself. And the Olsens being sexual all had an orgy, but Laura left because her family was moral.

And afterword everyone but Mr Olsen walked funny. Mr Olsen was ALL top.

by Anonymousreply 370July 22, 2012 11:53 AM

I liked when Laura and Nellie wrestled in the mud and Laura kept grabbing Nellie's pretits

by Anonymousreply 371July 23, 2012 6:36 AM

I like that one too and then Mr oleson walked out of the outhouse and manly followerss and zips his pants. And halfpint hides in the bush watching and crying

by Anonymousreply 372August 2, 2012 12:32 AM

I like when Albert gets high on morphine and sells his ass to doc Baker to get more

by Anonymousreply 373August 2, 2012 12:38 AM

I've read all 3 books now, and have to say that I believe Glbert and Anrgrim about MSA. Her book it totally devoid of emotion and more importantly- details!

Allison writes that MSA had an unhappy home life according to AA's aunt, who got to know MSA's mom. They weren't allowed to ask about it so neither MG or AA know why. And MSA is NOT telling. Her "autobiography" is more of an episode guide of "Little House" with hokey fake scenes to describe anything personal on set.

Allison's book is funny, although her home life was sad, and it was right on line with Gilbert's. I don't think this is a case of 2 girls ganging up on one. Even later in life, as AA tells it, Melissa Sue was a bitch to her at Landon's funeral.

People can disagree- but I encourage you to read all 3 books. Gilbert's is the best, mostly b/c she is so honest, even about things that could hurt her career and image. She wrote a detailed book- it was hard to put down. Allison Arngrim did the same- very honest, even when it was reliving childhood trauma. AA's book was very funny, it's no wonder as she is a stand up comic. But MSA's? BORING! At times I felt like screaming "Tell us something about YOU!"

But again, that's my opinion. And it's SO RIGHT!

by Anonymousreply 374August 20, 2012 10:54 PM

I'm a sweetie pie be nice to animals. Be nice to them cause they're sweet.Nellie is smelly cause she was mean to bunny he should have paralyzed her for real.I love my dog his smelly feet smell like fritos and I love him so much

by Anonymousreply 375September 12, 2012 10:59 PM

I read "The Trilogy" and I found AA's book to be the best. MG's book is pretty much about all the people she slept with and MSA's book was so boring. Got tired of her talking about her beautiful blue eyes and her sparkling white teeth!

by Anonymousreply 376November 27, 2012 4:47 AM

This thread has some awesome trolls and I want to marry all of them.

by Anonymousreply 377November 27, 2012 4:56 AM

This thread is ridiculous. Not a brain cell between you. MSA was stunning and always came across as a lovely person. I wish she was a friend of mine.

by Anonymousreply 378December 16, 2012 10:26 PM

R374, what happened at Michael Landon's funeral. Anyone else read the book and in the know?

by Anonymousreply 379December 16, 2012 11:26 PM

The correction usage is "I wish she were a friand of mine." Subjunctive. Condition contrary to fact.

by Anonymousreply 380December 17, 2012 4:00 AM

Read what the actor who played her boyfriend had to say about her. It's not flattering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381December 17, 2012 4:22 AM

What's not so flattering exactly R381?

by Anonymousreply 382December 18, 2012 12:49 PM

Read MSA's interview. She basically refers you to her book to find out answers to the interviewers questions.

The most interesting interviews were by the casting director and Producer (the McCrays).

by Anonymousreply 383December 18, 2012 12:55 PM

R382, did you not read his answer to part 4? He politely said she was difficult.

by Anonymousreply 384December 18, 2012 10:58 PM

Plz some one make a new thread this is filling up and Ilove this. I always disliked Mary's character as she came across as to sweet and holier them Thou. Seems like the Melissa also thinks she is better then the rest. I always loved Nellie, mrs Oleson and had a crush on Willie and Albert. I also really liked the food they would sometimes show it wasn't special but it looked so good and rustical.

by Anonymousreply 385December 19, 2012 12:15 AM

Nobody on no motherfucking prairie could afford to hate women like Dateloungers hate women.

Your misogyny is killing America.

Get help.

by Anonymousreply 386January 2, 2013 9:20 AM

Occupy DataLounge.

Misogyny is killing us.

by Anonymousreply 387January 2, 2013 9:25 AM

Occupy DataLounge.

Misogyny is killing us.

by Anonymousreply 388January 2, 2013 9:26 AM

Notice how references to the word "cock" are not insulting - quite the opposite, in fact; whereas all uses of the word "cunt" are meant to be demeaning and degrading.

by Anonymousreply 389January 2, 2013 9:30 AM

Occupy Sexism.

End DataLounge misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 390January 2, 2013 9:39 AM

YOUR MISOGYNY IS KILLING US.

by Anonymousreply 391January 2, 2013 9:48 AM

This is what Datalounge looks like.

by Anonymousreply 392January 2, 2013 9:53 AM

This is what Datalounge looks like.

by Anonymousreply 393January 2, 2013 9:59 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 394January 2, 2013 10:39 AM

Occupy Datalounge.

End misogyny.

Occupy Datalounge.

End misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 395January 2, 2013 10:48 AM

One reason queer teens get killed is because you hate women so much.

Misogyny = homophobia

Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 396January 2, 2013 10:53 AM

It really surprises me that Melissa Sue Anderson got so many responses. Whoa...really? Impressive.

by Anonymousreply 397January 2, 2013 10:55 AM

Misogyny = homophobia

Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 398January 2, 2013 11:00 AM

R398, calm down sweetie. C'mon now!

:)

by Anonymousreply 399January 2, 2013 11:01 AM

Misogyny = homophobia

Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 400January 2, 2013 11:12 AM

Misogyny = homophobia

Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 401January 2, 2013 11:12 AM

Uh...

by Anonymousreply 402January 2, 2013 11:14 AM

IMAGINE IF EVERY OCCURRENCE OF THE WORD "CUNT" OR "FRAU" ON DATALOUNGE WERE REPLACED BY THE WORD "FAGGOT."

JUST IMAGINE.

by Anonymousreply 403January 2, 2013 11:24 AM

IMAGINE IF EVERY OCCURRENCE OF THE WORD "CUNT" OR "FRAU" ON DATALOUNGE WERE REPLACED BY THE WORD "FAGGOT."

JUST IMAGINE.

by Anonymousreply 404January 2, 2013 11:24 AM

JUST IMAGINE.

by Anonymousreply 405January 2, 2013 11:24 AM

Gay men are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Lesbians are murdered ever day because of how much people like you hate women. Transgender people are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Women are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Little boys,, little girls are tortured on grade school play grounds every day, their lives ruined, because of how much people like you hate women.

by Anonymousreply 406January 2, 2013 11:46 AM

Gay men are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Lesbians are murdered ever day because of how much people like you hate women. Transgender people are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Women are murdered every day because of how much people like you hate women. Little boys,, little girls are tortured on grade school play grounds every day, their lives ruined, because of how much people like you hate women.

by Anonymousreply 407January 2, 2013 11:46 AM

by Anonymousreply 408January 2, 2013 11:46 AM

When a dog is bad, you rub his nose in is own shit and say, "No."

I rest my case.

For now.

by Anonymousreply 409January 2, 2013 11:58 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 410January 2, 2013 12:05 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 411January 2, 2013 12:08 PM

Great article, r381. He was being as diplomatic about MSA as possible but she really seemed psychologically unbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 412January 2, 2013 4:12 PM

These cunts never shut the fuck up. We don't need them at all. Why do they continue to need us? Get a life you crazy obsessed weirdos

by Anonymousreply 413January 2, 2013 4:19 PM

No matter the infighting --- none of these bitches had an acting career post-LHotP

by Anonymousreply 414January 2, 2013 4:29 PM

This is all a bit hilarious. And sad at the same time. Why pass judgment on people you have never even met? The only thing you guys know about these women are their TV characters. And they were pretending. Just because good ole half pint didn't like MSA doesn't mean MSA was bad. She was definitely on the dull side. But so what? They are all actors. meaning they are all full of themselves, out to make an easy buck without working a real job. I find it hard to honor or admire someone who looks down on honest work. Kind of ironic since they played Christian people on screen. Gilbert has shown that she will do anything to keep acting. Including pumping up her lips and looking like a whorish Joan Rivers. She's on her way to the plastic hall of fame.

by Anonymousreply 415January 26, 2013 4:16 AM

What do Christians have to do with hard work? Pretty much every minister or priest I ever met said they joined the profession because working at a real job seemed hard.

by Anonymousreply 416January 26, 2013 4:21 PM

I always had a crush on Melissa Sue Anderson and even though Little House was a little maudlin at times,Michael Landon's wit kept it from getting too sappy like Touched By An Angel.I liked it but Della Reese and co. needed Michael Landon to come in from Highway To Heaven with some of "the stuff".Anyway,Missy-Sue may have been a little bitchy but she may have been into the method-acting thing since Mary Ingalls was a little standoffish at times.Misssy was sensual and sexy in some parts,like Midnight Offerings and that TV movie where she nailed Loretta Swit's husband.Hot Lips Hoolihan was definitely the bigger cunt.Not bitch because that is a compliment.Female dogs are better than many human women.

by Anonymousreply 417January 29, 2013 12:20 AM

I hate the hypocrisy of women!!Why is it if a woman dates a younger man she's a cougar but if I date a 20 of 18 year-old I'm a sleaze!Screw you hypocrites!Don't judge mew for looking at female-strippers when you do the same at bachelorette parties all the time and you cunts-not bitches because that's a compliment,female dogs are nicer than most human females-you women call yoursellves liberated when you lust after men!Also,there is no "guy-code"its a co-ed code!If you married people have married friends and one of them is cheating,its not just the guys who protect each other its the ladies as well!You women keep your mouths shut if Jane's doing Fabio on the side just like your husbands keep their mouths shut if John's doing Megan Fox!!

by Anonymousreply 418January 29, 2013 12:27 AM

I hate the hypocrisy of women!!Why is it when a women dates a younger man she's a cougar but if a man dates a younger woman he's a creep!Damn your hypocrisy feminist-neo-nazi moral police!!Don't judge me for looking a female-strippers when you look at male-strippers!I'm sick of your feminist bs!Also'this love-yourself-for-who-you-are stuff is great except that you feminists don't give a damn about fat women!You just want to destroy anything men find attractive in a woman,even if fat-women all die of heart-attacks like Cass Elliot in the process.I like a lot of "plus-sized"wqomen,don't get me wrong but its not chauvanism to tell a whale to lose weight before her heart explodes!And noitice one mopre thing,all these love your fat-body shows all feature fat WOMEN for the most part!Aha!I've never seen a movie telling a fat man to love himself!Except Dom Deluise and John Candy used to play some nice parts.Also ,chauvanism has nothing to do with attacks on gay men.That's a bunch of scared bible-thumping repressed gays!Also,ther is no "guy-code"Its a co-ed code.If you married folks out there know couples eho are cheating on each other,you wives will protect each other just like you husbands will,so don't give me that men-are-creeps-who-srtick-together bs.So Do You"!

by Anonymousreply 419January 29, 2013 12:40 AM

Are you a female?Person who wants to do Albert Ingalls!Sylvia!I loooooveeee you Sylvia !I want to give you a top-to-toe massage and kiss your breasts,toes and fingers and ride you like Pa's horse but gently as you want!Doc Baker!!Where are the condoms!Hurry! Who's your pa now,half-pint?

by Anonymousreply 420January 30, 2013 12:13 AM

That was dedicated to Anonymous who posted a message as Reply 175 saying she or maybe he wanted to get fuckedby Matthew Laborteaux.Also,is it just me or did Alison arngrim look like a boy in drag?

by Anonymousreply 421January 30, 2013 12:23 AM

She did look like a boy in drag.

by Anonymousreply 422January 30, 2013 12:38 AM

I'm trying to remember... Did Melissa Sue play Natalie or Tootie? I'm a little rusty on my Little House trivia.

MSA trivia: Nancy Kulp, best known as Ms. Jane from "The Beverly Hillbillies" once did an episode of C.H.i.P's (the horrific "Roller Disco" episode). MSA also appeared in the episode. Apparently, MSA was so snotty to Kulp that Nancy mentioned to other actors that she had never wanted to slap a teenager so much in her life. She was even quoted as calling her "a smart-assed little bitch." LOL.

by Anonymousreply 423January 30, 2013 1:11 AM

Pa called her Half Pint. I called her Buck Teeth.

by Anonymousreply 424January 30, 2013 1:14 AM

R423, Maybe Ms. Jane made an unwanted pass at her. Ewwwwww.

by Anonymousreply 425January 30, 2013 1:17 AM

Hi Anonymous 421And you other,Melissa-Sue was not on Facts Of Life.Mindy Cohn played Natalie and Kim Fields played Tootie.What a ridiculous name,almost as stupid and gross as Potsie!If I had been Anson Williams on Happy Days,I would have insisted that that characteer be called by his real name,Warren Webber.that's much cooleer than Potsie,and he always wanted to be a cool crooner!I got a kick out of Melissa-Sue in Happy Birthday To Me,but I had trouble understanding the killer's motivation.Maybe they'll remake it and make it clearer and while they're at it,remake Ghost Story and make it closer to Peter Straub's novel.But Happy Birthday To Me was cashing in on the holiday slasher film craze back in the 70's and 80's but I think they forgot Thanksgiving and Easter so I have some ideas.As a boy,his abusive hunter dad killed his mom and his pet turkey on Thanskgiving Day so now he runs around dressed up as a turkey killing meat-eaters.Go veggie this year or go to Hell!Of course I eat meat so uh oh!And if Jesus did rise from the dead on Easter Sunday,pray he saves us this year because as a boy,little Johnny's dad poisoned his cheating mom and her lover with candy eggs and Johnny saw him wearing a bunny suit and choking the school bully with an Easter egg so now Johnny is groen up and runs around every Easter Sunday dressed up as the Easter Bunny!Good kids get eggs,bad kids get turned into scrambled eggs!

by Anonymousreply 426January 31, 2013 12:06 AM

Hi,Jett here.On librsry computer a few minutes before closing time.I had a bisexual friend of mine tell me that Michael Landon posed for Playgirl once and my friend and his now-ex wife couldn't believe it!!Landon's penis went down to his knees and it wasn's even erect!!!I guess Landon's long hair gave him Samson-like prowess all over.

by Anonymousreply 427February 5, 2013 12:25 AM

r400, the main reason is f lamers like you. be a MAN!!!

by Anonymousreply 428February 5, 2013 1:25 AM

This thread is great!!! I also heard Ma Ingells was gay or bi. I also heard she drank too much back in the day. Any news?

by Anonymousreply 429February 5, 2013 1:27 AM

You fucks are asses.

Melissa Sue Anderson was a proper girl, unlike Allison who was a whore. I mean she got herself raped by her own brother. What does that say about her?

Melissa Gilbert's sister is a lesbian who isn't even related to her. The adopted cunt took the name Gilbert to ride off her sister's father.

Leave it to a bunch of AIDS infested queers to disrespect the good wholesome one and praise the two white trash bimbos.

by Anonymousreply 430February 5, 2013 2:12 PM

R430=MSA. Yeah we all knew that goody two shoes act was a facade.

by Anonymousreply 431February 5, 2013 2:24 PM

Looool! Omg this thread is CRAZYYYYYYYYYY!

by Anonymousreply 432February 5, 2013 2:34 PM

R430 - I worked with all three girls on the show (I was an extra on LHOTP --- one of the school kids) several times in 1977-1978. They were all very sweet and charming. I don't know where this crap came from about Melissa Sue being evil. She was very kind to me. I think she was a little shy, but she was very nice to me. The entire cast treated me quite well. I worked on other shows where the cast members were self-absorbed and rude, but the LHOTP set was quite tranquil. People who are spouting this crap about MSA being a witch never met her.

by Anonymousreply 433February 5, 2013 2:50 PM

Did you work on Eight is enough?

by Anonymousreply 434February 5, 2013 6:04 PM

The ones saying this were her actual co stars r433.

by Anonymousreply 435February 5, 2013 6:28 PM

And now we know she had the syph. (Well, at least her character did.)

by Anonymousreply 436February 5, 2013 6:53 PM

R30: I will break this to you as gently as I can. Over half of the people commenting on this thread are Lesbians and Straight Women. A fair number of gay men, as well. The precentage of gay men who are "AIDS infected" is actually quite a bit lower than you might think. I hate a feeling there are at least a few Straight Men posting incognito on here, as well. Pull your head out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 437February 5, 2013 11:54 PM

Nobody ever liked Missy.

by Anonymousreply 438February 6, 2013 1:10 AM

Hey You!!Anonymous Reply 428!!Yeah you!!The gentleman who methinks doth protest too much who called me a "flamer"!!First of all,I was talking about Michael Landon's dick with awe and envy,like the folks on MASH looked at The Painless Pole and everybody used to look at Milton Berle's long dong but I'd rather suck Melissa-Sue Anderson's toes and Melissa Gilbert and cute little Shannon Doherty's as well than Mike Landon's thing and I almost forgot I have a message for you 428.I am a man and maybe you're just jealous of a man who actually HAS a long dick.Oh,I almost forgot ,you had a message,let me see ,oh yes.A closeted neo-nazi masturbating to a picture of Adolf Hitler just called!He wants you,his mirror image back!! I'm not a huge fan of gays but if people love each other or are horny,they're gonna do what they're gonna do.

by Anonymousreply 439February 7, 2013 12:31 AM

Oh.I haven't watched that much of the Waltons,but I heard Grandma Walton was a lesbian and Grandpa Walton was bisexual.Who in their right mind would ever call their son John-Boy and why do people like FrankZappa give their kids names like Ahmet and Dweezil and Diva and Moon-Unit?Well,Moon sounds kind of sexy but as for the others,why don't they juse send these kids out with great big signs taped to their shirt5s that say MY PARENTS ARE SADISTS WHO ENJOY INFLICTING PAIN!PLEASE BEAT ME UP ON THE PLAYGROUND AND FULFILL THEIR FANTASIES.Goodnight John-Boy!POW!

by Anonymousreply 440February 7, 2013 12:39 AM

LOLr440! I heard grandpa Walton was gay. I never heard aboutt grandma walton

by Anonymousreply 441February 7, 2013 1:08 AM

I read about Grandma Walton.You know the weirdest celebrity right now?Megan Fox.On one hand she's a self-confessed oversexed bisexual wild-child who once was obsessed with a female stripper. In short,my dream girl but on the other hand,she"s a devout churchgoer who claims to speak in tongues!LADIES AND GENTLEMAN,I LOVE MEGAN FOX BUT HER GOING TO CHURCH AND SPEAKING IN TONGUES IS LIKE A PALESTINIAN GOING TO A JEWISH SYNAGOGUE AND SINGING THE ENTIRE SCORE OF FIDDLER ON THE ROOF!MEGAN FOX IN CHURCH SPEAKING IN TONGUES IS LIKE MARILYN MANSON IN CHURCH SPEAKING IN TONGUES!OR BEST OF ALL,MEGAN FOX IN CHURCH SPEAKING IN TONGUES IS LIKE A GAY REPUBLICAN!PERIOD.She'd better be careful she"s not hearing the wrong voices.Not that I'm all that religious.

by Anonymousreply 442February 8, 2013 12:36 AM

Jett are you also Janbot?

by Anonymousreply 443February 8, 2013 12:38 AM

Maybe Megan's husband Brian Austin-Green got her intO church.hOW THE HELL DOES HE ALWAYS GET ALL THE PRETTY ONES?

by Anonymousreply 444February 8, 2013 12:40 AM

so what is the story on granny walton?

by Anonymousreply 445February 8, 2013 4:00 AM

No.I'm not Janbot.I read about Grandma Walton being a lesbian and Grandpa Walton being bisexual in a Hollywood book somewhere.I don't remember where.I read about gay celelbrities in a book before that and it mentioned how shocked somebody was about Grandpa Walton but I don't remember which one that was either.you know the show that probably had the biggest number of closeted homosexuals?BEWITCHED.the second Darren,Dick Sargeant was gay.We all know about Paul Lynde or should I say Pauuul Lyyyynnnde?And Some said Agnes Moorehead who played Endora,was a lesbian.I guesss she didn't want more head,but Mia Farrow acted in a movie with her and said she wasn't gay.She was just very religious.I think it was Mia Farrow that said that.

by Anonymousreply 446February 11, 2013 11:56 PM

Hey Megan Fox.Listen to the tongues your speaking in.We're meant to find each other.Its divine providence,and you can bring that husband of yours along.I'll go that route to get to you,and you can bring along Julianne Hough,Hayden Paniettiere or Clare Bowen from Nashville or another girl of your choiceif your in the mood for a woman.If you get tired,Brian Austin-Green and I can share them. Melissa-Sue Anderson and Shannon Doherty can come along too.Little Shannon needs a place to crash,since Michael Landon just blew Walnut Grove up.Ha Ha

by Anonymousreply 447February 12, 2013 12:07 AM

I wasw talking about the Little House On The Prairie series finale where the townspeople destroyed Walnut Grove in order to keep a greedy land-developer from getting it.I was not talking about anything real.Just so you know.

by Anonymousreply 448February 12, 2013 12:09 AM

This is mean. She is probably a very nice person , and no one will ever know and always think bad of her b/c of shit like this.

by Anonymousreply 449February 20, 2013 8:12 PM

Oh thanks r448 I thought this was all real. And r449, you're wrong. Also, who the fuck would even get their info from this site and live their life based on the "truths" spewed here? Yes I always see people on tv bitching about how nobody likes them because of the DL stories.

by Anonymousreply 450February 20, 2013 8:21 PM

Melissa-Sue is probably a nice person and so is Megan Fox.I think its a compliment to want to have sex with someone.These feminists need to stop seeing it as an affront to their pompous sense of dignity when a guy says they're hot.That is not sexual harrassment!! You don't hear guys getting upset when women come on to them,when they do,which is rare.Only a raving queen would get upset.So everybody cool down.We don't really know these celebs.That's true,but the people who do know them must have a pretty good idea what they're like,at least on the surface.Oh,and if Heaven does exist,I hope Michael Landon and Victor French are angels and are among us now and they both have "the stuff".What was that song Mr.Edwards was always singing on Little House about the guy who got stuck with a frying pan?You know,his theme song.Da-da-da dum.De da da dum dum. Da da da De dum dum dum dum.

by Anonymousreply 451February 22, 2013 12:14 AM

OMG!Guess who I found out is gay?General Hospital's Luke Spencer!Tony Geary!One hALF OF SOAP'S GREATEST COUPLE OR AT LEAST IN THE TOP TEN.HE REALLY IS A GOOD ACTOR.BETTER THAN ROCK HUDSON.MY MOTHER ALWAYS THOUGHT SOMETHING WAS OFF ABOUT ROCK.

by Anonymousreply 452March 3, 2013 9:34 PM

I remember Tony Geary played an effiminate friend of Mike's on All In The Family."Sweety Pie Rogerbelle" who turns out to be straight while Archie's macho football buddy played by Phil Carey.One Life To Live's Asa Buchanan turns out to be gay but I saw Tony first on GH as Luke and it never occured to me he could be gay.Who says soap stars are hack-actors?

by Anonymousreply 453March 7, 2013 12:29 AM

I wonder if anybody on Little House On The Prairie was gay and if Michael Landon knew about it.Also,why did Bill Cosby refuse to let his TV daughters on the Cosby Show date white boys?

by Anonymousreply 454March 10, 2013 9:29 PM

I got a kick out of Alison Arngrim as a comedienne.I think it was her on a cable standup show doing a takeoff of TV child stard as a drug-addled stoned-out former cast memeber of a fictional show called "Seven Adopted Two By Birh" and reading stoner poems.

by Anonymousreply 455March 12, 2013 12:13 AM

The scariest gay image in recent films by far is Ving Rhames soaping himself to the tune of "I'm Every Woman" in "I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Earl"with Adam Sandler.That may be RuPaul's and Bobby Trendy's wet dream but for some of us its more like a prison nightmare even though he is sort of well built.

by Anonymousreply 456April 26, 2013 12:27 AM

I like the episode when Ma gets caught sexing the black farmer and she runs off with him. Then Pa decides to sell his farm and move to the big city where he runs a prostitution ring and Albert sells his butt for money.

by Anonymousreply 457May 9, 2013 8:08 PM

[quote] On one hand she's a self-confessed oversexed bisexual wild-child who once was obsessed with a female stripper. In short,my dream girl but on the other hand,she"s a devout churchgoer who claims to speak in tongues

Coral Browne, who married gay and bisexual men and was bisexual herself was a devout catholic. She made Vincent Price convert and she became an American citizen for him.

An apochryphal story about Browne claims that someone began gossiping with her shortly after she left Mass. "I don't want to hear this filth," she said. "Not with me standing here in a state of fucking grace."

by Anonymousreply 458May 9, 2013 9:06 PM

According to Melissa Gilbert's autobiography, MSA was standoffish.

by Anonymousreply 459May 9, 2013 10:33 PM

Hey Wendy!You for got the part where Albert becomes a morphine-head and sells his body to Lizzie Borden and nearly gets castrated while Adam gets his sight back and tricks Mary into having a bisexual menage-a-trois with Annie Oakley and Laura learns Almonzo is half-black and gets turned on until Nancy blabs to Mrs.Olson who sics the KKK on them while she and Nancy masturbate to the hot men in white and their wild orgy of destruction and Nells does too,realizing he's bisexual and Mr.Edwards cathches him and gets so homophobic he runs amuck with a shotgun until Charles talks him down and then cries with relief because Half-Pint is straight and their family has black-blood too!Somebody got drunk & banged the slave-girls again!

by Anonymousreply 460May 11, 2013 10:24 PM

Hey 458.At least Coral had a sense of humor.Jimmy Swaggart could pay attention to her but then hed just try to havew sex with her and have to scream "I havew sinned against you!"at yet another sermon.How many times is that now?

by Anonymousreply 461May 11, 2013 10:27 PM

Is MSA's autobiography worth reading? Half Pint's was really good.

by Anonymousreply 462May 11, 2013 10:37 PM

don't know.May check it out.I always had a crush on MSA.

by Anonymousreply 463May 21, 2013 12:02 AM

Anyway, Melissa Gilbert remarried recently to that ugly red head from the late 1980's TV show "Thirtysomething," Timothy Busfield.

by Anonymousreply 464May 31, 2013 8:16 PM

Radamas Pera was a LHOTP hottie. In fact, the show was peppered with hot boys ... remember the episode with Kim Richards as a cripple and Pa made a special shoe for her so she could walk and run normally? Now Kim is sadly known only as Paris Hilton's drunk aunt on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills ...

by Anonymousreply 465May 31, 2013 8:24 PM

When Melissa Gilbert broke up with Rob Lowe back in the day, she reportedly Super-Glued his anus shut and his penis to his balls, while he was passed out after too many pina coladas.

Rob was going to sue her, but he didn't want the public embarrassment. He was already embarrassed enough by having slept with Laura fucking Ingalls.

by Anonymousreply 466May 31, 2013 8:26 PM

To think that MG got to suck Rob Lowe's cock ...

by Anonymousreply 467May 31, 2013 8:33 PM

R465 I always wanted to bang his ass and change his name to Red-Anus Pera!

by Anonymousreply 468May 31, 2013 8:35 PM

R467 I'll bet she even ate out his asshole. Before she glued it shut. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 469May 31, 2013 9:13 PM

I read somewhere that Melissa Sue hated Radames Pera (John, Jr.) and he was let go because she couldn't get along with him.

by Anonymousreply 470May 31, 2013 9:18 PM

I always had a crush on that big hairy bear, Merlin Olsen. Yum. I had a million fantasies about him when I was 13-14 years old back in the day. I'd have licked every inch of his hairy bod.

by Anonymousreply 471May 31, 2013 9:22 PM

I read somewhere that Melissa Gilbert and Melissa Sue will be starring in the reboot of The Waltons on FX. They will play the bootlegging Baldwin sisters. I wonder how they will explain Half-Pint's facial "reconstructions" since she's supposed to be playing an old lady in the 1930s.

by Anonymousreply 472May 31, 2013 9:47 PM

I was a small wee lad when Melissa was SAG president.

Any of you SAG members have stories? What is the impression she left as SAG president? What was the big drama of her campaign?

by Anonymousreply 473May 31, 2013 10:04 PM

When I was 12 or 13, I dreamed of a threesome of me, Matthew Laborteaux and Melissa Sue Anderson. My fave rave part of the fantasy was when Matthew L. was sitting on my cock and riding it like a bull in a rodeo, while Melissa Sue sat on my face and I ate her wet pussy while she writhed in passion.

by Anonymousreply 474June 1, 2013 2:26 AM

She sucked in the job, R473.

by Anonymousreply 475June 1, 2013 2:49 AM

R475 = Val Harper, right Rhoda?

by Anonymousreply 476June 1, 2013 11:00 AM

There was a lot of bad blood between Rhoda and Half Pint.

Mike Farrell was a big supporter of Gilbert.

by Anonymousreply 477June 2, 2013 12:16 AM

Now old Dan Tucker was a fine old man

Washed his face in a fryin' pan

Combed his hair with a wagon wheel

And died with a toothache in his heel

by Anonymousreply 478June 3, 2013 2:33 AM

Wow r474, you sound like the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 479June 3, 2013 4:33 AM

Details r475

by Anonymousreply 480June 3, 2013 4:45 AM

Hey bi dude!I would have chosen Michael Landon over Albert!My friend and his ex-wife saw him in Playgirl and they said he was so well-hung it was almost to his knees AND IT WASN'T EVEN ERECT!

by Anonymousreply 481June 21, 2013 12:22 AM

Why didn't MSA have a bigger career?

by Anonymousreply 482August 6, 2013 10:23 PM

MSA is a member of the LDS.

by Anonymousreply 483August 27, 2013 5:31 AM

anyone else here get a tingling feeling in the prarie 'down yonder' when Sylvia was raped??

by Anonymousreply 484August 27, 2013 5:42 AM

no.

by Anonymousreply 485August 27, 2013 5:14 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that Albert hung out at the Little Gay Bar on the Prairie. He always pinged to me. Even when I was 10 or 11 years old.

by Anonymousreply 486August 27, 2013 6:59 PM

I liked Junkie Albert best. I always had a thing for surly guys who were kind of fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 487August 27, 2013 7:02 PM

R487 I loved after Albert's rehab in that episode how Laura's voiceover at the end said Albert remained drug free and years later became Dr. Albert Ingalls. The very next TV movie he was in... he died. So much for Dr. Fucking Ingalls, huh?

by Anonymousreply 488August 27, 2013 7:39 PM

Wasn't the dude who played John-Boy a homo? He always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 489August 27, 2013 7:54 PM

R489 I always thought so. John Boy was actually from the TV show "The Waltons." Two of the boys pinged for me, John Boy and Jim Bob. How are those for names?

by Anonymousreply 490August 27, 2013 8:00 PM

Hey R446 Grandma Walton was a carpet muncher, and Grangpa liked the boys. As far as Bewitched, Darren #2 was gay, Uncle Arthur was gay, Samatha's mother and father were gay. Dr Bombay is gay. Even Darren's mother was a dyke.

by Anonymousreply 491August 27, 2013 8:08 PM

Richard Thomas played John-Boy. Not gay, but a good actor who's been all over the place ever since.

by Anonymousreply 492August 27, 2013 8:13 PM

I knew a girl who was an extra on Little House a few times back in the late '70s. She laughingly told me that the character MSA later played in "Happy Birthday To Me" was more like the real MSA than the character of Mary Ingalls. LOL.

My friend loved Melissa Gilbert, Alison Arngrim, etc. but loathed MSA.

by Anonymousreply 493August 27, 2013 8:34 PM

keep the horseshoe hung over the door. keep the horseshoe hung over the door. keep the horseshoe hung over the door. keep the horseshoe hung over the door. keep the horseshoe hung over the door. keep the horseshoe hung over the door. keep the horseshoe hung over the door.keep the horseshoe hung over the door. keep the horseshoe hung over the door. keep the horseshoe hung over the door.

by Anonymousreply 494August 27, 2013 8:46 PM

MSA was gorgeous at he time. Why didn't her career take off?

by Anonymousreply 495August 27, 2013 11:48 PM

MSA in The Love Boat (1986)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496August 28, 2013 1:47 AM

Dreadful hair in the Love Boat clip.

by Anonymousreply 497August 28, 2013 3:28 AM

I'm so glad this thread is back up. I can't get enough.

by Anonymousreply 498August 28, 2013 3:36 AM

Alison Arngrim was also on the Love Boat, playing teenage TV star Becky Daniels, who ends up letting Vicki Steubing be her body double for a few scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 499August 28, 2013 4:19 AM

Vicki is about three inches shorter R499

by Anonymousreply 500August 28, 2013 4:25 AM

r500: that's what your boyfriend said about you!

by Anonymousreply 501August 28, 2013 4:35 AM

The amazon site gives really poor reviews for MSA's book. Is it not worth it?

by Anonymousreply 502August 28, 2013 9:05 PM

I've always had a crush on MSA. Loved her in Happy Birthday To Me. Gorgeous girl, absolutely stunning eyes. As an adult woman, she seems reserved, maybe a bit boring, but still totally beautiful. I believe her when she says she was just shy and serious on the set of LHOP.

I defy anyone to provide any evidence that she's ever been as big a cunt as Melissa Gilbert allegedly is.

by Anonymousreply 503August 28, 2013 9:09 PM

r502, unless you pick it up for a buck or less at a garage sale or thrift store, no it is not worth it. It's a very short book and the last half is nothing but script pages full of dialogue or recaps of episode plots. It almost feels unfinished, like she started her memoirs and then got bored and just padded it out to get it to the publisher. Nothing revealing or insightful, no good behind-the-scenes stories or gossip. It didn't need to be a trashy tell-all but she seems to not even remember much of her time on the show.

by Anonymousreply 504August 29, 2013 8:47 AM

[quote]Vicki is about three inches shorter [R499]

And 25 lbs heavier.

by Anonymousreply 505August 29, 2013 10:21 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 506September 9, 2013 2:31 AM

Did she struggle with her weight after Little House?

by Anonymousreply 507September 9, 2013 3:48 AM

You know what's interesting about MSA's behavior? She acts like an adult who was bullied as a child. If we were talking about people who attended high school together, I think her behavior would be better explained.

It's just like the bullies to blame the victim for not "getting" their jokes when they were "just kids." It's also like bullies to say, "I don't know why she won't talk to me now. I'd be the first person to buy her a pitcher of margaritas if she wants to sit and talk it out. Let bygones be bygones."

Of course, I have no insight into the truth, as I wasn't there. But as an observer, I find it interesting that two people who were known to be practical jokers say that the quiet, reserved third person was the real asshole. And is now a cunt for not being their friend. And MSA says nothing about Gilbert or Arngrim. Takes the high road, so to speak.

Am I the only person who thinks this is possible?

by Anonymousreply 508September 9, 2013 5:10 AM

Loved her hair in the Love Boat Clip when they were dining at the table but when they got up to dance it did not look the same so that was obvious it was filmed a different day. It was just much prettier at the table.

by Anonymousreply 509September 9, 2013 10:13 AM

Bump for our more elderly DLers.

by Anonymousreply 510January 25, 2014 8:34 AM

Why would Gilbert care if Shannen Doherty dated her ex husband.

I think Ms. half cunt on the prairie is the one who needs the punch in the face.

by Anonymousreply 511January 25, 2014 5:01 PM

Remember when she kissed Bobby and he thought he got her pregnant from that?

by Anonymousreply 512January 25, 2014 5:11 PM

[quote]Why would Gilbert care if Shannen Doherty dated her ex husband.

I think the implication is that Shannen fucked Gilbert's husband when Gilbert was still married to him. She says Shannen did it because she always wanted to BE just like her.

I find Melissa Gilbert Narcissistic and full of shit. I doubt Shannen wanted to be like Melissa. She was probably just getting back at her for being such a cunt.

Funny how Melissa's always getting cheated on, huh?

Also, Shannen has been on The Talk a lot. She's even guest hosted. Wonder if it was awkward having to sit next to Sara or if Sara threw any shade at Doherty. Or maybe Sara just knows her sister's a vicious cunt and ignores her.

by Anonymousreply 513January 26, 2014 12:27 AM

[all posts by fucking cunt troll deleted.]

by Anonymousreply 514September 4, 2014 5:09 AM

"You know what's interesting about MSA's behavior? She acts like an adult who was bullied as a child. If we were talking about people who attended high school together, I think her behavior would be better explained.

It's just like the bullies to blame the victim for not "getting" their jokes when they were "just kids." It's also like bullies to say, "I don't know why she won't talk to me now. I'd be the first person to buy her a pitcher of margaritas if she wants to sit and talk it out. Let bygones be bygones."

Of course, I have no insight into the truth, as I wasn't there. But as an observer, I find it interesting that two people who were known to be practical jokers say that the quiet, reserved third person was the real asshole. And is now a cunt for not being their friend. And MSA says nothing about Gilbert or Arngrim. Takes the high road, so to speak.

Am I the only person who thinks this is possible?"

Smartest thing ever. Melissa Gilbert strikes me as a trouble-maker, and I have known too many of these types.

by Anonymousreply 515September 23, 2014 2:19 AM

Melissa Sue Anderson looked hideous.

by Anonymousreply 516September 23, 2014 2:27 AM

R516 - no, she was pretty to gorgeous as a teen and young adult. She could get a little chunky at times, but was always attractive.

by Anonymousreply 517September 23, 2014 2:46 AM

Melissa Gilbert ruined her face: envy and jealousy will do that.

Both she and Arngrim need to get over themselves and get lives!

by Anonymousreply 518September 23, 2014 11:37 PM

It probably scarred Gilbert that she was never considered the pretty one.

by Anonymousreply 519September 24, 2014 7:49 PM

MG was jealous of MSA.

by Anonymousreply 520September 25, 2014 2:06 AM

Even the ugly red headed boy, Johnny, wanted Mary.

by Anonymousreply 521September 25, 2014 10:41 PM

Melissa Gilbert was the cunt.

I remember an ET clip of her a loooong time ago. She was filming some TV movie with her then or about to be husband, Bruce whatever his name is.

It was set in New Orleans and there was a Mardi Gras scene.

Filming was going on while they were interviewing Missy and someone threw some beads that ended up hitting her.

She freaked out and started screaming about how the person did it on purpose and she wanted them found. "They did it on purpose! I know they did!"

I couldn't stop laughing and I was surprised ET aired it.

by Anonymousreply 522September 28, 2014 10:23 PM

A Little House on the Prarie thread?

You cunts have hit a new low.

by Anonymousreply 523September 28, 2014 10:35 PM

The thing is.... I completely bought the close sister act.

Shame they didn't get along off set.

by Anonymousreply 524September 28, 2014 10:35 PM

You haven't been here long have you R523?

by Anonymousreply 525September 28, 2014 10:39 PM

MSA wwas neither shy nor reserved. Such a lot of fantasies you folk build up around her. MG has flaws, but she is real and accessible.

by Anonymousreply 526September 28, 2014 10:41 PM

Okay, MG at R526.

by Anonymousreply 527September 28, 2014 10:44 PM

What has Sara said about Melissa?

by Anonymousreply 528September 29, 2014 12:04 AM

HOLY MARY IN A WHEELCHAIR WITH RUBBER LEGS!

by Anonymousreply 529September 29, 2014 12:05 AM

MSA in a 1986 Love Boat episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 530October 5, 2014 12:34 AM

I absolutely loved LH as a kid. We had a book fair in the library at school. The complete LH series was like 9 books. I wanted it so badly, but it was expensive for that time, like $20. My mother kept coming up with a couple of dollars over the month, so I got them all one at time, couldn't stop reading them. The later books in the series were actually the best to me. It told what the family went through with the harsh winters, locusts eating all the crops, etc. The show was good, watched it for years, but like all shows it started getting uninteresting. I do remember how disturbing the rapist in the clown mask episodes were. Someone said they should've had a warning at the beginning. They actually did. I really thinking how odd that was. After seeing the episodes, I understood why the parental warning was on it.

by Anonymousreply 531October 26, 2014 4:19 PM

Thinking Alison Arngrim and Melissa G were just bitterly jealous - tacky, unattractive skanks.

by Anonymousreply 532March 16, 2015 12:15 AM

I love to get stoned and watch the episode where Laura thought Nels cut off Harriet's head. That's my favorite episode.

The headless horseman at the end confused me. Was that a real ghost? A hallucination? Pa playing a prank?

by Anonymousreply 533March 16, 2015 12:33 AM

Melissa G and Allison were more talented.

by Anonymousreply 534March 16, 2015 12:34 AM

Can anyone name a made for TV movie where MSA played a witch? I recall that it was very important that she was the seventh daughter of the seventh daughter. That's what made her the most powerful, I think.

I was about five when I saw it and it scared me badly. Thirty years later, it would probably give me a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 535March 16, 2015 12:47 AM

R535 - Midnight Offerings

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536March 16, 2015 12:52 AM

I saw it too - she came to stay with her "cousins" but she was a WITCH- the maid impersonating their long lost cousin!

Summer of Fear, I think it was called?

by Anonymousreply 537March 16, 2015 12:54 AM

Thanks so much for the clip, R536. The very next video is the full movie. I'm going to stream it now.

by Anonymousreply 538March 16, 2015 12:57 AM

[quote]Can anyone name a made for TV movie where MSA played a witch?

That wasn't a TV movie; that was my life!

by Anonymousreply 539March 16, 2015 12:57 AM

Isn't this it? Summer of Fear. Probably has different names.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540March 16, 2015 1:03 AM

Summer of Fear (aka Stranger in Our House) is a different movie -- it stars Linda Blair, not MSA.

by Anonymousreply 541March 16, 2015 1:14 AM

R541 - They were both short and chubby.

by Anonymousreply 542March 16, 2015 1:16 AM

Oh. Different suburban witches.

by Anonymousreply 543March 16, 2015 1:17 AM

Midnight Offerings reminds me of another TV movie starring Cathryn Damon, which creeped me out as a kid. Something about a group of Sorority girls who reunite years later because their Sorority House is being torn down and they find the remains of an infant thrown down the fire place (or something like that). It was a mystery as to which Sorority Girl killed her own baby.

by Anonymousreply 544March 16, 2015 1:28 AM

Was that "The Initiation of Sarah"? Telekinesis and prissy white chicks in a sorority house?

by Anonymousreply 545March 16, 2015 1:31 AM

No R545. This was it:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546March 16, 2015 1:47 AM

I don't know why there's any second guessing about what a pain MSA was. The guy who played her boyfriend laid it all out there and obviously was telling the god's-honest truth. Someone linked the article before, but here it is again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547March 16, 2015 3:57 AM

R547, that mostly reads as some guy that's pissed that she didn't want to kiss him.

by Anonymousreply 548March 16, 2015 4:12 AM

Saw my first ever episode of this today, mainly because iI didn't want to look for the remote. Bizarre. It was about a circus dwarf who wanted to be a bookkeeper but an old bitch wouldn't let anyone hire him.

It wasn't good but it did remind me of this thread which has one of the funniest titles ever.

by Anonymousreply 549March 21, 2016 9:43 PM

MSA and Frank Sinatra Jr. were in a somewhat hush hush relationship for maybe a year give or take circa 1979. I remember seeing the occasional brief mention about them spotted together although curiously they never made any major tabloid headlines about this odd pairing.

by Anonymousreply 550March 22, 2016 12:30 AM

Team Melissa Sue Anderson.

Melissa Sue Anderson is still married to the same man and that speak volumes. That does not happen with Melissa Gilbert, or with Lindsay Greenbush. Envious and insecure women...

by Anonymousreply 551December 3, 2016 4:16 PM

Yeah but he beats her with a stick and she LIKES it.

by Anonymousreply 552December 3, 2016 4:44 PM

Could you elaborate on that, R552?

by Anonymousreply 553December 3, 2016 4:50 PM

Here's something for the Katherine MacGregor fans, a short film she did a few years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 554December 3, 2016 5:07 PM

This show had some hot guys. Any which one I would have done and swallowed. Pa, Albert. Almonzo, Jonathan, Adam.. Even Nels.

by Anonymousreply 555December 4, 2016 10:41 PM

Did Melissa Sue Anderson F&F this thread enough times, for months, until she could get OP crossed out??

by Anonymousreply 556December 4, 2016 10:45 PM

Not crossed out to me R556.

by Anonymousreply 557December 4, 2016 10:47 PM

My settings are set to smack-dab in the middle of "Delicate Flower" and "Asbestos Eyeballs," maybe that has something to do with it...

by Anonymousreply 558December 4, 2016 10:49 PM

It seems Melissa Sue was no Jeffrey Tambor.

by Anonymousreply 559May 25, 2018 10:03 PM

No one commented that Melissa Sue was the only one to be nominated for an Emmy? How did little Half Pint take that?

by Anonymousreply 560August 5, 2020 10:17 PM

The Radames Pera interview link above doesn't work any longer. For those curious here it is via the Wayback Machine. It's worth reading. He seems like a nice guy, and there is obviously more to it than she just didn't want to kiss him as an earlier poster took from it. He's diplomatic, but does spell out that she was obviously troubled about something in her life, and apparently had a reputation for being "difficult" on set. He mentions her religion as possibly being an issue as why she didn't want to do the kissing scene, but doesn't specify what religion.

There are some non MSA related parts of the interview that are interesting. Here you go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 561August 6, 2020 2:02 AM

Datalounge loves Little House on the Prairie, apparently. I Googled and quite a few threads popped up.

Here is one that is fairly recent. It is not cunt specific, however.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562August 6, 2020 2:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!