Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julia Roberts

She is on Oprah for the hour. I don't understand my feelings because I don't know her but she just bugs the livin shit out of me. She's probably a wonderful mother and humanitarian but something rings very insincere.

She makes her daughter's dresses, celebrates her inner being and life and success by the hour and is so giving to life and those around her.

Yet, she reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow.

Anyone else have an opinion?

by Anonymousreply 138November 14, 2018 11:32 PM

Here's my opinion: Julia Roberts is an insufferable, un-self-aware twat.

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2010 2:25 AM

Wasn't there some story a while back about how her neighbors loathed her?

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2010 2:32 AM

why did they loathe her, r2?

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2010 2:43 AM

Just general cuntiness R3. Sounded like a typical busybody neighbor, everyone else's kids had to kowtow to hers and acting like she owned the street.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2010 2:48 AM

Because they're Taosenos, R3. In a nutshell, that means they're not the kind of people who would appreciate someone like her. I've always been surprised Roberts didn't buy a place in Santa Fe. She would fit right in with the pretentiousness of Adobe Disneyland.

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2010 2:52 AM

She's a sweetheart. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2010 2:52 AM

If it's true, r6, you are a pathetic idiot.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2010 5:57 AM

My husband is so hot! My kids are so wonderful! I love my life!! (we'll see what happens when they grow up)

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2010 6:14 AM

She always makes it sounds like it's just her and the kids.. Like there is no nanny, no household help, no personal trainer, yada yada.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2010 6:34 AM

Quick - other than Pretty Woman name a Julia Roberts movie you'd watch again. Mystic Pizza and Steel Magnolias don't count.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2010 6:56 AM

She makes her daughter's dresses? Oh yeah, I believe that.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2010 12:31 PM

Truly disgusting is the two of them--Oprah slobbering all over Julia's divinity, while Julia bathes in the notion that she's just another gal with kids who happens to be a superstar.

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2010 12:47 PM

The reason we hate her, I think, is because she has no sense of self-deprecation. Being able to make fun of oneself is usually charming and disarming. She is so full of fear that all she can do is talk about how AMAZING she is. It's boring.

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2010 12:58 PM

I used to dislike her, but over the past several years, I've read so many people who know her well just rave about how nice and genuine she is and what a loyal and giving friend. I've pretty much changed my feelings about her now. I think she's on the level.

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2010 1:10 PM

R10 I'm not a Julia fan but loved Sleeping with the Enemy.

by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2010 1:35 PM

she is the anti-christ.

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2010 1:46 PM

r13 has got something there. I think it is her defensiveness - because she is so fearful - that is off-putting to me.

She always seems to me like she is just waiting to pounce on any potential harmful comment and will accept nothing less than total deference.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2010 1:55 PM

I can't count how many times I've watched Sleeping With the Enemy. I find nearly all of her movies enjoyable.

That being said I hate her. I can't put my finger on it either. Maybe it's just that she thinks her shit doesn't stink. My Grandmother would have said: "I'd like to buy her for what she's worth and sell her for what she thinks she's worth."

You just know she's the type of person, that if she were your friend, and you told her you had a cold she'd say something like: "That's nothing the Dr. says I may have lung cancer."

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2010 2:08 PM

I have the same reaction to her as OP and R18. Something about her makes me want to slap her, really hard.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2010 2:35 PM

The 'A low Vera' thing was the last nail in the coffin for me. It's one thing to get involved with a married man and for that man to leave his wife, but Roberts had to humiliate the wife in public just because she could.

I heard two stories from people who had dealings with her. Both said she is not a nice person.

She is fearful because she knows she is a fraud. She can't act. That she amassed a fortune based on so little talent is a joke and she knows it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2010 2:55 PM

You are correct r20 but the public in general gave her the backbone to be the bitch she is by making her famous. The fear stays hidden but one day little Hazel, Henry and Phinnaeus will remind her and the payback will be huge.

My money is on Phinnaeus, I'd whip the bitches azz for giving me a name like that.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2010 4:10 PM

She makes people sign contracts that work on set with her that they will not look at her.....really, what's to look at except her horseface

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2010 4:11 PM

The interview yesterday was insufferable with Oprah fawning all over her and asking incredibly stupid questions ('Do you sew your kids' clothes to save money?'), Roberts acting like she's just plain folks, and pretending she's never had surgery and she's always looked like a Kabuki mask version of herself.

On the flipside, yes I don't like her and she's not a versatile actress, but compared to the crop of starlets out there now, she's Sarah Bernhardt. I like Anne Hathaway and I think she's improving, but watching THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA I couldn't help but imagine what a young Roberts would have done with the role. Same with Katherine Heigl, or even skewing older, Jennifer Lopez and Jennifer Aniston. Roberts was at least not self-conscious like many of these actresses when they attempt comedy.

Oh and I think NOTTING HILL is her best film because we get a glimpse of the real Roberts, insecure movie star bitch.

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2010 4:19 PM

I like Roberts earlier roles, she had a vitality and energy that matched the hype. Plus she had that little butchness about her that was refreshing. But her hollywood makeover in recent years and their attempts to ladylike her have failed.

And I would like her more if she would stop the "I'm just a little nobody in a big Hollywood world" act. She fucked every man (and a few women) that she worked with for years, destroying relationships in the process. It amazes me that she's coasted on this fairytale for so long while others with less baggage have been destroyed in the press.

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2010 4:30 PM

There are way too many stories out there about her cuntish behavior for some of them not to be true.

Also, she needs to retire that braying horse laugh of hers that she trots out for every film. She is way too old for that to be remotely charming.

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2010 4:31 PM

"I can't count how many times I've watched Sleeping With the Enemy. I find nearly all of her movies enjoyable." Wow, you have awful taste

by Anonymousreply 26May 25, 2010 6:36 PM

I liked her in Charlie Wilson's war.

Is there a photo of her wearing the A Low Vera shirt? I've heard that story before but it doesn't make any sense. What is it even supposed to mean?

by Anonymousreply 27May 25, 2010 6:54 PM

R24, can I get details about "She fucked every man (and a few women) that she worked with for years, destroying relationships in the process."

by Anonymousreply 28May 25, 2010 7:20 PM

[quote]can I get details about "She fucked every man (and a few women) that she worked with for years, destroying relationships in the process."

Sure, there's a 1-900 number. It costs $1.50 a minute but, what the heck, right?

by Anonymousreply 29May 25, 2010 7:43 PM

It's the self absorption and unprofessionalism in public appearances that get me.

I also- almost- cannot watch her in movies. I don't believe "and" and "the".

That said, she was OK in Charlie Wilson's war. In all else including Pretty Women (a very bad movie) she is pretty bad- but so are the movies. Erin Crockashit is just that.

Have never understood the hype. She is sort of like Britney Spears in the movies. Well not quite that bad, but not too far off.

Oprah has become a pretty self absorbed person too- undertatement of the day- also hard to watch. What can you say about someone who publishes a magazine every month with her name on it and a gazzilion new photo of herself all over it.

That said lots to admire about her in terms of success in media and philanthropy overall- but it is a bit too much at this stage. I mean, she's a chat show host. Not much more really- and publishes a women's magazine. Has made billions- but it is not as if she cured cancer or ended the Middle Eastern wars.

by Anonymousreply 30May 25, 2010 7:58 PM

I dunno, she's doesn't seem any more self-absorbed than a lot of celebrities, including, let's say Russell Crowe, but when there was a thread here a few weeks ago trying to discuss Russell Crowe's well-documented behavior, some posters seemed very offended at the topic. Very strange.

by Anonymousreply 31May 25, 2010 9:04 PM

I know that she threw herself at Brad Pitt while filming The Mexican with him. He was engaged to Jennifer Aniston and wanted no part of her. I always wondered if it hurt her self-esteem when Brad did cheat on his wife with Angelina, but wouldn't have any part of Julie's skank ass while he was not yet married.

by Anonymousreply 32May 25, 2010 9:23 PM

The difference between Julia Roberts and Russell Crow is that he is a superb actor.

Somehow I can forgive someone self absorption in entertainment and the arts when they are very good.

by Anonymousreply 33May 25, 2010 9:33 PM

Julia made a joke about how she wasn't the go-to person for roles that required sex scenes while talking to Oprah.

It went over like a lead balloon and I couldn't figure out why.

It was actually kind of funny. but. nobody. laughed.

She repeated a version of it a few times until Oprah finally laughed.

The clock's ticking out when the self-effacing jokes don't go over.

She got a break. America embraced her and she made millions and I actually LIKED 'My Best Friend's Wedding.' She did her job. That's all she has to do.

But she lost me with the 'god to bed kids' remark when she was at the Golden Globes.

Yes, WE KNOW you're a mother. Just open the envelope and read the name.

by Anonymousreply 34May 25, 2010 9:37 PM

oops, meant 'go to bed kids.'

by Anonymousreply 35May 25, 2010 9:39 PM

yes, I thought that go to bed kids remark was a dig at Sandra Bullock, who at the time, had no kids. And who won the Golden Globe for a role Julia turned down.

It was about 7 pm in California. No reason for her to order her kids to stay up late, except to remind the public that Julia has kids, and that's why she doesn't make movies anymore.

by Anonymousreply 36May 25, 2010 9:48 PM

Worse than the 'go to bed, kids' in my eyes was the Oscars where she presented to Denzel Washington. Before giving him the Oscar she HAD to exclaim, 'I love my life'. It was such an inconsiderate thing to say and made it all about her.

And I think she managed to worm her way into every Denzel Oscar picture that night. I don't recall seeing one pic of him without Julia right by his side.

by Anonymousreply 37May 25, 2010 10:32 PM

Prepare yourselves for more insufferableness when that vomit-inducing Eat Pray Love movie comes out.

by Anonymousreply 38May 25, 2010 11:06 PM

Daniel Day Lewis had to virtually get a court order to keep her away from him. Rumours abounded that she was addicted to heroin at the time and took to stalking him after he gave her the heave-ho. I think it was when she was filming that Dr Jeckyll thing in London.

Hideous woman. I laughed my head off in Oceans 11 when she clomped down the stairs after Damon's character says she is elegance personified. Talk about bad casting!

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2010 4:05 AM

yea, that t-shirt thing was what did it for me.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2010 4:11 AM

You took the words right out of my mouth r37. That is the definition of self absorbed and I haven't been able to tolerate her since then.

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2010 4:13 AM

Funny clip -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2010 5:06 AM

Damn, very funny R42.

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2010 5:12 AM

"Hideous woman. I laughed my head off in Oceans 11 when she clomped down the stairs after Damon's character says she is elegance personified. Talk about bad casting!"

Okay, that made me laugh. I've always said she clomps like a horse, has horrible posture and seems uncomfortable in her own skin. She's not feminine at all.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2010 1:27 PM

She makes me ill.

by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2010 1:36 PM

Enough about me. What do you think of me?

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2010 1:37 PM

Here's the 'I love my life' clip.

She also gives him such a long inappropriate hug...the camera just moves away and darts around the audience until she finishes. She made his moment, her moment.

She's always annoyingly all over her male leads in the promotion for every one of her films. 'We're SUCH great pals!'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2010 3:29 PM

What about the time she presented the award to Tom Hanks?

"All right, it’s late and I’m paying my babysitter overtime and I have to pee, so ... everybody fucking likes you. All my bits are gone. Listen, I had lunch today with Rita [Wilson], and her tits were here and her waist was here and her ass was all that [she was referring to something said in an earlier speech]. So, what can I tell you that’s new?

Tom Hanks — what the fuck? Listen ... Bosom Buddies, people. Me: a fan. Bosom Buddies. I saw Turner & Hooch, The Money Pit; I missed That Thing [You Do]. I love the Coen Brothers, but the hair, Tom...'

for full thing clcik the link:-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2010 3:36 PM

Actually here's the video of that speech...the audience loved her. In hysterics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2010 3:42 PM

Wow that NY Magazine quote for the Hanks event. She IS self absorbed. Is that what you call down to earth? Then Courtney Love is "down to earth" too.

She's "paying" a baby sitter. A woman worth at least 100 million is paying a baby sitter and has to get home? Is that supposed to be down to earth or something?

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2010 3:46 PM

OP, every celebrity is a PC 'humanitarian'.

by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2010 3:52 PM

[quote]The interview yesterday was insufferable with Oprah fawning all over her and asking incredibly stupid questions ('Do you sew your kids' clothes to save money?')

Did Oprah really ask this? Wow, it's sickening how Oprah lobs such softballs and plays stupid like that. And it just goes to show how unintelligent Oprah is if she thought the audience wouldn't see through that. Ludicrous.

Even if Julia says no(which I'm assuming she did), it just goes to show that they were complicit in serving up complete BS in order to make her look normal.

Someone should interview Gayle and ask her if she uses store bought milk, or if she just milks the bovine faced Oprah in order to save money.

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2010 4:02 PM

R50 she's got nannies. More proof of how inauthentic she is. Like she'd pay the neighhbor's kid to look after her brood like normal people would.

by Anonymousreply 53May 26, 2010 4:08 PM

I think she is probably a fussy, control freak and one of her kids will write a tell all.

by Anonymousreply 54May 26, 2010 4:10 PM

Julia has seemed 'out of it' over the past year and a half.

by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2010 3:35 AM

My favorite story about her: when she was working on Ocean's 11 with Brad Pitt, she told him: "You could have had me." He just smiled disdainfully and said, "I could STILL have you".

by Anonymousreply 56May 31, 2010 3:49 AM

Why can't Oprah ask: So Julia, what kind of herion problem did you have? Just how many guys have you fucked over? Now that's an hour I'd tune into.

by Anonymousreply 57May 31, 2010 4:14 AM

I'm with R20, when she wore that t-shirt with that message to get to Moder's wife,that was tacky to say the least. Lost alot of respect for her there.

And, who the hell would screw around on Benjamin Bratt??

by Anonymousreply 58May 31, 2010 5:23 AM

Oprah: Why did you wear that T-shirt? [Julia was photographed wearing a shirt that read A LOW VERA. Some thought this was a reference to Danny's ex-wife, Vera.] What was that about?

Julia: You know what that was about? It was private.

Oprah: Okay.

Julia: I stand by my T-shirt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 31, 2010 5:50 AM

How people can think she's beautiful is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 60May 31, 2010 5:55 AM

Didn't shw once say she couldn't imagine living in a world where Denzel didn't have an Oscar? Before he won one?

by Anonymousreply 61May 31, 2010 6:54 AM

I never thought she was such a cunt until I heard her joking about saving during tough economical times. This bitch earns 8 figure salaries for her movies. STFU bitch and don't make jokes about $$$ during a precarious, slow recovery that feels like a recession for many.

Julia is a shitty actress. Her movies suck.

by Anonymousreply 62May 31, 2010 7:04 AM

[quote]'Do you sew your kids' clothes to save money?'

Did she ask it as a joke? It's not like there's anybody who doesn't know that Julia has 10s (100s?) of millions of dollars, in which case it's a rather tacky joke (particularly coming from Oprah the billionaire.)

What was Julia supposed to say? "Yeah, with the recession, every bit counts."

by Anonymousreply 63May 31, 2010 7:04 AM

I haven't thought much of her since hearing that during the filming of SWTE she made the entire crew get into the freezing water when she had to go in for filming, so they could experience what she had to go through to make that film. bet she didn't demand they get the same salary and perks as her, though.

cunt.

by Anonymousreply 64May 31, 2010 11:51 AM

I think she's a riot. I love in her Bio programme (on the Biography channel) when the journalist asks her (after her break-up with Benjamin Bratt) if she has learned anything in life about love and she says, "Well, no...not that I'd want to share while I was...promoting a movie! I'm not 'Dear Abby'...hon!" (ends with big wide grin). I thought that was hilarious. I think some people just hate her because she's Julia Roberts - she's rich, talented, has always been able to get any man she wants, etc. She does what she wants. She has a very glamorous exterior but is also very steely when it comes to business. People probably expect her to be otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 65May 31, 2010 12:14 PM

R63, Oprah didn't ask it as a joke. If she did, she doesn't have the timing or delivery to pull it off. It seemed completely serious. And R62 is right. She tried to make a joke about these tough economic times and it went over like a lead balloon.

I have a friend who believes that the source of her popularity is her inability to walk in heels. She is a clodhopper.

by Anonymousreply 66May 31, 2010 1:48 PM

"I have a friend who believes that the source of her popularity is her inability to walk in heels. She is a clodhopper."

oh god, ain't it the truth. She clomped through Oceans 11. It was painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 67May 31, 2010 2:21 PM

As is often the case, her success is based on her being non-threatening.

She's not smart. She's not particularly beautiful. She's not talented or witty.

She's wildly insecure, and that probably evokes a protective response in some people.

The U.S. likes its women to be non-threatening, and she is.

by Anonymousreply 68May 31, 2010 2:22 PM

Didn't Spielberg refuse to work with her after 'Hook'?

by Anonymousreply 69May 31, 2010 2:38 PM

I think most of her issues stem from that. She is wildly insecure and flaky as are a lot of actresses. Deep down inside she probably thinks she is not really worth all the $ and attention she has. She lost me at the Denzel Washington speech. That said, over the years she has seemed to lighten up a bit. She does kind of lay it all out there.

I did love My Best Friend's Wedding, but that's about the only one of her movies I liked. I really can't watch her in anything. Her fame has eclipsed her abilities.

by Anonymousreply 70May 31, 2010 2:44 PM

[quote]As is often the case, her success is based on her being non-threatening. She's not smart. She's not particularly beautiful. She's not talented or witty

But the people who like her think that she's all those things...so there goes your theory.

by Anonymousreply 71May 31, 2010 3:00 PM

MBFW works because of the supporting cast, though her role in that film is probably closest to her real personality - self-absorbed cunt

by Anonymousreply 72May 31, 2010 3:01 PM

[quote]I did love My Best Friend's Wedding

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 73May 31, 2010 3:10 PM

[quote]But the people who like her think that she's all those things...so there goes your theory. Totally disagree with you. People who actually like her will tell you it's because they admire how "down to earth" and "vulnerable" and "girl next door" she is. Translation: non-threatening.

by Anonymousreply 74May 31, 2010 3:19 PM

[quote] People who actually like her will tell you it's because they admire how "down to earth" and "vulnerable" and "girl next door" she is.

As well as being absolutely gorgeous and smart and funny and talented. Look at any forum about her, except here, where some people are a little more perceptive.

by Anonymousreply 75May 31, 2010 3:30 PM

Thanks, R59. I never knew that Julia Roberts had ever been questioned by any media person regarding her involvement in Danny Moder's divorce.

Oprah: You knew he was married. What effect did that have on you then?

Julia: Huge. But he sorted his whole thing out, separate and apart from me. And I sorted my life out, separate and apart from him. I think that's the only reason we were able to ultimately fall in love with each other and be together.

Oprah: So you didn't cause the breakup of his marriage.

Julia: No. I'm an easy person to point the finger at—"She did it"—and I see that. I don't begrudge people the easy finger-point. It just doesn't happen to be so.

Oprah: You've fallen in love before, right?

Julia: Yes and no. I've had that sort of first-enamored, butterfly-like feeling. But it wasn't connected to reality. When you look at the perils that Danny and I have already gone through, it had better be tethered to something solid, or else it would disintegrate.

Oprah: What do you mean by perils?

Julia: The way the press made it a bit of a circus. He'd never dealt with that, certainly.

Oprah: Did you prepare him for it?

Julia: I didn't anticipate the zoo.

Oprah: Even knowing everything you know? Because we know about every single guy you've ever dated—

Julia: And some that I haven't dated. We think we know

by Anonymousreply 76June 1, 2010 1:31 AM

Julia Roberts, like half of the other female actors comes off as being mentally challenged.

by Anonymousreply 77June 1, 2010 3:39 AM

That t-shirt where she humiliated the wife of the man she was sleeping with did it for me. It takes a real low-life cunt to pull something like that off.

by Anonymousreply 78June 1, 2010 3:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2010 6:25 PM

Amen r20 shit you said it better than I could have.

Once again how did that duck faced ugly no talent bitch get a career.

She fucked someone high up.

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2010 9:38 AM

I know she was a huge cunt when she gave out an award to Tom Hanks but Denzel too.

She really is a lunatic why isn't she banned from award ceremonies.

Is she really a drunk? She seemed in coherent presenting Tom Hank the award.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2010 9:46 AM

ever movie I've seen her in I've always thought another actress could do it better.

I would watch this if someone else was in it.

The min her name appears on screen or I see her face I have to turn the channel.

Its like a gag reflex.

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2010 9:51 AM

[quote]Julia: You know what that was about? It was private.

She is SUCH a FUCKING CUNT. She wears a t-shirt with "A Loe Vera" out in public, knowing full well the paps would be there to take pix, and she's got the nerve to say that it was "private"?! Fuck THAT, you hypocritical fucking cunt, Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2010 10:37 AM

Amazing - none of you know her. I know her from work (I'll leave it at that).

She is funny and sweet and extremely nice.

Seriously, you bitches shouldn't comment on something you don't know the first thing about. You're completely maligning someone you've never even met.

She's a doll, so if you don't know and have never even met her, shut the fuck up you pathetic basement dwellers.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2010 11:15 AM

[quote]She is funny and sweet and extremely nice.

That's merely your opinion & quite franlky you're not someone whose opinion I, personally, would value re: 'Sweet, funny and extremely nice' when you end your post with 'shut the fuck up you pathetic basement dwellers.'

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2010 3:59 PM

"Seriously, you bitches shouldn't comment on something you don't know the first thing about. You're completely maligning someone you've never even met."

I'm perfectly willing to believe she's nice and all sorts of good things. I think the shrieking about her is always way over the top--close to pathological, in fact.

But if people here stop commenting about things they don't know anything about, we'll be left with lots and lots of threads about kitty cats and Mother's Bad Behavior.

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2010 4:16 PM

r84 if you know her from work then you know the stories about her fucking a lot of people and breaking up relationships is true.

There are people in "the industry" who have had good experiences with Julia. She is good to the crew and not bitchy.

HOWEVER other than that she's done some really fucked up things. Like having the regular habit of going after married and attached men and then enjoying letting their SO's know about it.

You are not the only one who works in Hollywood bitch.

by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2010 4:43 PM

The creepiest thing about the shirt was that she took the fucking time to EMBROIDER it. WTF indeed.

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2010 4:44 PM

LOVE HER!

by Anonymousreply 89June 18, 2010 5:04 PM

she obviously rubs a lot of people the wrong way. But the fat frau from Fargo is still going to see her movies, and that's all she cares about.

She'll be promoting the hell out of this upcoming flick. She's had recent box office bombs, and Sandy walked away with the Oscar.

I wonder if Julia paid off Bombshell to go public about Jesse James.

by Anonymousreply 90June 18, 2010 5:25 PM

I'll never forget how painful it was to watch the clips of her career retrospective when she won some big award. The clips were so low-brow and her acting terrible. When they cut back to her at her table you could tell even she knew it.

by Anonymousreply 91June 18, 2010 5:25 PM

"The clips were so low-brow and her acting terrible. When they cut back to her at her table you could tell even she knew it."

And yet, after 15-20 years, every rising young actress is publicized as the new JR and then almost immediately fades away or ends up playing support to a dog (or Gerald Butler.)

by Anonymousreply 92June 18, 2010 6:22 PM

Her reputation in the industry is that she's a bitch. These stories are all over.

The reason *I* don't like her is based more on interviews and appearances that I've seen. She tries to make everything about her.

by Anonymousreply 93June 18, 2010 6:29 PM

I hate her! When people interview her, she seems to think that SHE'S the focus of the interview and talks about nothing else. Why can't she talk about my friend Susie, or my new sweater, or maybe for once, something I'M interested in.

by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2010 6:40 PM

Please r94, we are talking about her pulling this shit during events that are NOT about her.

There was an event that honored Denzel and they had Jodie Foster and Julia present him the award. Shit, you should have seen Julia. Any "joke" Denzel would make Jodie would laugh, normally but Julia, she would be fling her arms about and drawing attention to herself. Like it was the greatest joke she had ever heard.

Oh and lets not even forget those Oscar ceremonies. The award can be for others but she will have her moment, dammit!

by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2010 6:47 PM

The weird grandstanding during the Oscars and other awards shows really turned me off. She made it sound like she had discovered, promoted and made the career of Denzel Washington.

Like, get off the stage.

Nobody gives a crap about the "my dear dear friend" stuff.

by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2010 6:54 PM

re: Oceans 11

I laughed my ass off at that "isn't she elegant" scene, too

She did look like a spazz.

Yet it's standard in a big star vehicle for at least one person to remark, re: the star, especially the female star, "You are a beautiful woman"

Total ego stroke.

Because we all have to reminded that People magazine, 10 years ago, said that she was.

by Anonymousreply 97June 18, 2010 6:57 PM

Julia Roberts Is Gonna Be All Over Elle in September

Robin Domeniconi hasn’t started as Elle’s new branding officer yet, but it seems like Julia Roberts wants to lend a helping hand until she gets there.

The New York Post reports that Roberts, whose new movie Eat, Pray, Love premieres in mid-August, will appear on the cover of Elle’s ultra-important September issue here and abroad. Over 20 international editions will feature Roberts’ face and figure.

Roberts will shoot three covers with three photographers, and while we’re not sure which covers will end up where, this is certain to be one aggressive promotional campaign.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 18, 2010 7:00 PM

[quote]But the fat frau from Fargo is still going to see her movies, and that's all she cares about.

Maybe that was true 10 years ago, but her last couple of movies haven't exactly set the box office on fire. Charlie Wilson's War did okay and that was with Tom Hanks. Duplicity was a flat out flop.

I actually mentioned that there was a movie based on Eat, Pray, Love at an office function and a lot of the women, seemed pretty excited/interested. Then I mentioned it starred Julia Roberts and the groans were audible. I have to say, that surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 99June 18, 2010 7:28 PM

"I don't understand my feelings because I don't know her but she just bugs the livin shit out of me."

Because she's female?

by Anonymousreply 100June 18, 2010 7:32 PM

Well, none of you know her as well as I do, and let me tell you: she's a solid gold cunt.

by Anonymousreply 101June 18, 2010 7:33 PM

After the Denzel Oscar incident I was certain they had had an affair.

by Anonymousreply 102June 18, 2010 7:44 PM

I was certain that she'd made a thousand passes at Denzel Washington and he'd been, "Not even a mercy fuck - you're insane."

Which made her flaky speech even more uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 103June 22, 2010 7:26 PM

Why don't she and Eric get along?

by Anonymousreply 104March 21, 2013 8:18 PM

yo, wassup wid dat?

by Anonymousreply 105March 22, 2013 3:01 PM

The Denzel Washington award, making it all about her, sickened me for good. SORRY, but I will admit t hat I am SUPREMELY happy that as she's gotten older, her face is more horsey, lips more thin and face more hatchet-faced. She truly thinks her shit doesn't stink, and she and gwyneth paltrow should be tied at #1 for most annoying people. No-one can tell me he's happy sitting at home with the kids, with no income while he lives off her money.

by Anonymousreply 106May 5, 2013 11:46 PM

I can't believe this evil bitch got to chow down on Benjamin Bratt's 10-inch Hispanic horsedick for a few years.

by Anonymousreply 107May 5, 2013 11:56 PM

[quote]I don't understand my feelings because I don't know her but she just bugs the livin shit out of me.

I understand your feelings. They're inappropriate and based on a preoccupation with people you don't know and will never meet.

No charge.

by Anonymousreply 108May 6, 2013 12:00 AM

For obvious reasons Sleeping with the Enemy was her finest work, a 90s trash classic to file alongside Basic Instinct.

She was exciting for 5 minutes with her blubber lips when she first blew up.

by Anonymousreply 109May 6, 2013 12:04 AM

Love watching her get the smackdown in Sleeping with the Enemy.

by Anonymousreply 110May 6, 2013 12:08 AM

Not a fan but she looks great. Have to say that I've liked her in "Duplicity" and the lame "Larry Crowne".

by Anonymousreply 111May 6, 2013 12:09 AM

If people think REESE is bad, Julia is far, far worse.

by Anonymousreply 112May 6, 2013 12:19 AM

That whole era of cunts is super cuntastic.

Angelina Julia Reese Alicia Silverstone Scarlett Johannson Gwyneth

Yes some are older and younger, but all are cuntastic and I hate all of them

by Anonymousreply 113May 6, 2013 12:35 AM

R10 my best friend's wedding.

for nothing else, the divine Susan Sullivan is in it.

by Anonymousreply 114May 6, 2013 12:37 AM

What's your evidence R113?

by Anonymousreply 115May 6, 2013 12:38 AM

She used to annoy me, but now I just can't get worked up - she doesn't make me feel anything. So, while I don't really like her, I really don't think negatively of her either.

by Anonymousreply 116May 6, 2013 12:41 AM

R116, that's so cruel. That's has been-talk. No one ever leaves a star!

by Anonymousreply 117May 6, 2013 1:11 AM

"I used to dislike her, but over the past several years, I've read so many people who know her well just rave about how nice and genuine she is and what a loyal and giving friend. I've pretty much changed my feelings about her now. I think she's on the level."

You can't believe everything you read, hon.

Julia Robert's cuntiness has been established a LONG time ago. No matter how hard she tries to pass herself off as "nice" it never seems plausible. I mean, really...making her daughter's dresses? That's pretty laughable.

She was quite a wild slut back in the day. I guess she's trying to establish a new image, like Angelina Jolie has done. No doubt fraus will fall for her pose like a ton of bricks. But I don't see anyone with common sense buying it. She's a celebrity trying to reinvent herself; and that's ALL she is.

by Anonymousreply 118May 6, 2013 1:24 AM

She can't get arrested these days, thank God for small favors like that. Frankly, Angelina can't get arrested either these days. No one cares about these 2 plus more. Thank God for small favors.

by Anonymousreply 119May 6, 2013 1:28 AM

R120 - Unlike Reese. LOL

by Anonymousreply 120May 6, 2013 1:34 AM

I never liked her that much as an actress and never thought about her much as a person, but after the way she behaved at the Oscars (especially her literally hanging on to Denzel and making him carry her as he walked off stage at about the 3:06 mark in R47’s link) I just can't stand her. She irritates the shit out of me but I have no idea why. Every time I hear her talk, or see her promoting something I feel secondhand embaressment.

My grandmother had a saying about people you don't like but don't know why that roughly translates to "A face made for slapping". It totally fits her.

by Anonymousreply 121May 6, 2013 1:47 AM

Young Eric Roberts gambled away his teenage sister in cards to the friends. Julia still can not forgive him.

by Anonymousreply 122April 30, 2014 3:16 AM

Does Julia give head to Eric?

by Anonymousreply 123June 17, 2016 4:10 AM

She can put a lightbulb in her mouth and get it back out again without breaking!

by Anonymousreply 124June 17, 2016 4:23 AM

Family Guy summed it up nicely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 17, 2016 4:25 AM

Saw her beach pics today on Daily Fail. She has zero ass and it is covered in cellulite. Even when she was young she had a flat derriere, so she probably wouldn't be a sex symbol today when even skinny white girls have to have a booty to be considered hot.

by Anonymousreply 126June 17, 2016 4:56 AM

[quote]My grandmother had a saying about people you don't like but don't know why that roughly translates to "A face made for slapping". It totally fits her.

It's usually because they hate themselves.

by Anonymousreply 127June 17, 2016 5:27 AM

She was never a beauty. Her talent is that she is good to her mother.

by Anonymousreply 128June 17, 2016 6:18 AM

I like her movies, but she's always struck me as phony with all the concern and most of what she says. Her mother was the same way.

by Anonymousreply 129June 17, 2016 9:03 AM

I came to Hollywod to make a fortune and fuck all the top stars.

"America's Sweetheart?" Sex symbol? Fuck that shit.

by Anonymousreply 130October 3, 2016 7:01 PM

When will her kids be foisted on us in the movies? You know that will be her way of hanging on.

by Anonymousreply 131October 3, 2016 7:18 PM

I didn't like her until I saw a movie, where she's a law student, I think Denzil was her professor. She brings up a gay rights angle about what they're discussing, making the professor uncomfortable because she was right, and he hadn't considered that angle. I know it was just scripted, but she chose the role. So at least politically she's cool.

by Anonymousreply 132October 3, 2016 7:33 PM

What about being sold to Eric's friends to pay a gambling debt?? More on that please?

by Anonymousreply 133October 3, 2016 8:04 PM

What was her price?

by Anonymousreply 134October 4, 2016 4:47 AM

R121, thanks for pointing that out that she practically made Denzel carry her off the stage.

Her happiness at Denzel's winning is almost insulting to Denzel, if you think about it.

by Anonymousreply 135February 22, 2018 6:49 AM

Insufferable, yes, but at least she made it on her own talent and didn't have to slop Harvey's knob for roles like Goop did.

by Anonymousreply 136February 22, 2018 7:08 AM

Talent r136? Former call girl and heroin abuser...she is very lucky to have a career today.

by Anonymousreply 137February 22, 2018 7:24 AM

Julia to her kids.............NO....WIRE....HANGERS!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 138November 14, 2018 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!