Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sam Rockwell, 42 and never married

Is he a homosexual?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157January 16, 2018 9:21 PM

Yes. Next?

by Anonymousreply 1May 20, 2010 9:05 PM

With an ass like his he should be so lucky.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 20, 2010 9:11 PM

Why do you care? Its not like he's ever going to fuck YOU.

by Anonymousreply 3May 20, 2010 9:12 PM

Forget the ass. Did you miss his basket?

by Anonymousreply 4May 20, 2010 9:14 PM

Shouldn't that be BROADWAY STAR Sam Rockwell? Or, better yet: SAM ROCKWELL, CURRENTLY STARRING ON BROADWAY WITH CHRISTOPHER WALKEN.... Does that answer your question? Thought so.

by Anonymousreply 5May 20, 2010 9:18 PM

Well, he certainly did suck my cock...

by Anonymousreply 6May 20, 2010 10:09 PM

Sam Rockwell is dating actress Leslie Bibb who was one of the leads on the TV series POPULAR.

by Anonymousreply 7May 20, 2010 10:38 PM

sexy as eric knox from charlie angels

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 20, 2010 11:15 PM

You would think so, 42 never married, sworn off the prospects of kids and marriage, indie film God, Broadway actor and at some point was notoriously close to George Clooney, even showing up as a Cloney's 'date' when George got an Indie Award in 05. But for the life of me, I get nada off him. He does not ping in the least, I think he's one of the few male actors, unmarried who's straight. And he does look genuinely smitten with his current gf Leslie Bibb.

by Anonymousreply 9May 20, 2010 11:30 PM

A lot of straight guys never marry, and Sam is 100% straight

by Anonymousreply 10May 20, 2010 11:32 PM

he could be bi r9

by Anonymousreply 11May 20, 2010 11:33 PM

Word is Clooney fell hard for him when they did the indie film 'Welcome to Collingwood' together, which George produced and George refused to commence filming of 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind' until Sam was casted as lead. It was a risky move since at the time Sam was generally unknown. Sam continues to speak highly of George to this day and credits him with helping launch his career. And yes Sam wold often accompany George to events and award shows, this raised very few eyebrows, and George even joked in an interview that he tried to get Sam to come home with him to his villa but Sam declined. Beside him and George's friendship, I am yet to hear a rumour about him being gay or even bi. Interestingly, he is also good friends with Jeremy Renner who sexuality was also questioned here not to long ago. Again I don't think he's gay and a guy refusing to marry is little proof of gayness these days.

by Anonymousreply 12May 21, 2010 2:01 AM

Well it's official, once he is thought of as gay he has officially made it. He's a brilliant actor, so he deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 21, 2010 3:57 AM

I'm just putting this out there, but people aren't getting married at 22 any longer. 42 isn't that old, especially for guys who want to concentrate on their careers and then get married later.

by Anonymousreply 14May 21, 2010 4:18 AM

[quote]Is he a homosexual? Oh, God, I SURE DO hope so.

by Anonymousreply 15May 21, 2010 4:23 AM

He's never been married but he has always been linked to women.

by Anonymousreply 16May 21, 2010 4:40 AM

What's the obsession with whether someone is or has been married. I know plenty of straight people in their thirties, forties and fifties who have never been married and have no intention of doing so. Half the long term (10 years) couples I know aren't married.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2010 5:07 AM

I'm not sure about Rockwell, but I DO know Jeremy Renner is as gay as a floral still life by Dufy and then some.

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2010 5:29 AM

I don't see why a person being married or not is proof of their orientation. Particularly since many married actors are thought of as gay by many DLers. So its basically damn if they do, damn if they don't, or something like it.

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2010 5:36 AM

I'm 41, I'll be 42 on my birthday in November.

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2010 5:56 AM

With an ass like his, us gays should be so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2010 6:16 AM

He seems to be more linked to Clooney than to any woman I've heard of so far. Gay. And who cares? Renner is probably gay too. They're good actors, so what?

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2010 6:44 AM

don't know but being 42 and never married, being an actor, and having a great ass don't make one nec. gay.

I will say he's a truly wonderful actor.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2010 1:41 PM

Leslie Bibb? Are you bitches serious? That Barbie doll dyke is his beard? LOVE HER! Can't act for shit though. But I really liked her in Kings.

Anyway, I thought everyone knew she was a lesbian from WAY BACK in her Popular days so saying he's coupled with Leslie Bibb, you might as well say he's dating Portia Di Rossi or Ellenn Page so he CAN'T BE GAY! *snicker* *snicker*

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2010 2:09 PM

[quote]a great ass don't make one nec. gay.

what's a nec gay?

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2010 2:15 PM

R12, what's the langauge you posted in?

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2010 2:20 PM

Isn't George Clooney's bisexuality an open secret in the industry? So I don't see him taking another guy as his date to an award ceremony meaning anything other than he and the guy was dating.

(To George): Today is Valentine’s Day. You are here in London promoting two films. If you were to pick up one of them as a date, which one will you pick up and why?

GEORGE: Uhooo... pick up your favourite child! (Laughs) I don’t know... it is almost impossible to tell you. I am proud of both of the films. I felt that CONFESSIONS [OF A DANGEROUS MIND] was easily accepted, so maybe I’ll stick with SOLARIS. But again I am very proud of both films. I don’t know how famous Chuck Barris is here, but in America he is incredibly famous. So I think Sam gave an incredible performance. We have shots in the film that were actual shots of Chuck and you just can’t tell the difference. He is a phenomenal performer. He can do everything - comedy, drama, he is likable, he works hard. He was in every scene. (George looking at Sam in a soft voice) It is Valentine’s Day, so I also tend to stay on Sam’s side. I’ll bring Sam as my Valentine date, actually.

SAM: Yes, he’s my Valentine!

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2010 2:22 PM

I agree with Clooney about Rockwell's talent. "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" was terrific, and Rockwell was outstanding in it.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2010 3:12 PM

goes to my gym. seems like a nice, unassuming guy.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2010 3:48 PM

R24 Really Leslie Bibb is a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2010 4:28 PM

Agree with R23 but there really was no need to abbreviate the word 'neccassary.'

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2010 5:04 PM

what is neccassary?

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2010 5:11 PM

[quote]Agree with [R23] but there really was no need to abbreviate the word 'neccassary.'

Obv. it was.

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2010 5:14 PM

R24 Yeah Leslie is dumb as rocks I saw her recently on Letterman and she is certainly just a pretty face. Which is shocking since Sam doesn't seem the type of guy to date a dumb blonde. Interestingly though Sam also 'dated' Piper Perabo another actress whose sexuality is questioned as well.

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2010 9:58 PM

Wasn't Leslie Bibb married at some point? Never heard any lesbian rumours about her before.

by Anonymousreply 35May 22, 2010 1:22 AM

Yep what R22 said.

by Anonymousreply 36May 22, 2010 3:17 AM

So if he really did the deed with George, I wonder if he and Brad exchanged sex stories about George on the set of 'The Assasination of Jesse James.' Fairly certain not, but it is fun imagining that.

by Anonymousreply 37May 22, 2010 6:02 AM

The fact Clooney was so enamored of him should be evidence enough.

by Anonymousreply 38May 22, 2010 7:26 AM

A guy crushing on another is NOT proof that the object of affection is gay. I have crushed on alot of straight guys before.

by Anonymousreply 39May 22, 2010 12:33 PM

A friend and I went to see him on Broadway with Christopher Walken on the 'Behanding of Spokane,' I think I'm in love, the guy is talented and GORgeous and ridiculously cute. He's the type of guy you just want to hug.

by Anonymousreply 40May 22, 2010 2:59 PM

He's a talented guy, can't say anything beyond that. Interestingly though, he went to school with the ultimate fag hag Margaret Cho and also Aisher Tyler, who it is alleged he dated in high school. He was very young in this clip, in the middle of a theatre class and still wasn't pinging. So OP I'll say no on this one. Here's a fun clip of a young Sam in a school play.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 22, 2010 7:39 PM

Wow Aisher was quite beautiful back then, still is today though.

by Anonymousreply 42May 22, 2010 11:13 PM

He has the epitome of a perfect ass, he can also dance, is talented, down to earth and hot as hell, is he a homsexual? I sure do hope so. But I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2010 4:06 AM

Aha! I saw Treme tonight on HBO and it finally hit me that Steve Zahn is the poor man's Sam Rockwell. I keep getting these two mixed up because they both have fine asses.

by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2010 5:24 AM

he is good friends with Justin Theroux (another older never married actor)

by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2010 5:45 AM

me too, very hot guys about the same age and built

by Anonymousreply 46May 23, 2010 6:15 AM

R45 Justin Theroux is a strange one, I can't quite figure him out, he pings my gaydar but someone who works close to him swears he's extremely gay friendly but straight. But who knows? I can tell you that Sam sure has alot of guy friends whose sexuality is constantly up for debate: Jeremy Renner, Justin Long, Justin Theroux and George Clooney.

by Anonymousreply 47May 23, 2010 6:45 AM

Justin Theroux seems like the type of guy who doesn't give a shit, if he was gay, he would have said it. At this point, he's a writer more than an actor so his career wouldn't really be affected by this revelation.

by Anonymousreply 48May 23, 2010 7:12 AM

"But for the life of me, I get nada off him. He does not ping in the least, "

-------------------------------------------

I'm unsure as to WHY somebody HAS to ping to be bi or gay.

by Anonymousreply 49May 23, 2010 7:47 AM

R49 Well pinging can help prevent an awkward situation.

by Anonymousreply 50May 23, 2010 2:35 PM

Justin Theroux has the most severe case of gayface for a straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 51May 23, 2010 2:45 PM

One word to describe this guy, AMAZING! I don't particularly care if he is gay or straight. I love this clip!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 23, 2010 4:59 PM

He's fug. Who cares.

by Anonymousreply 53May 23, 2010 5:04 PM

R53 Since you posted on his thread, I'm going to guess you.

by Anonymousreply 54May 23, 2010 5:54 PM

I finally got to watching his breakthrough role 'Confessions of a Dangerous Mind' and the amount of ass shots that single movie contained was very telling. Clooney was clearly obsessed with this guy's ass.

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2010 10:14 PM

"Clooney was clearly obsessed with this guy's ass."

Clooney, in a half-joking fashion, has also admitted being obsessed with Matt Damon's ass to the point on pinching or slapping it on the set of every film they've done together.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2010 10:51 PM

He is wonderfully obnoxious in Iron Man 2.

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2010 11:03 PM

Tinymeat

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2010 11:08 PM

R56 I love that Cloney can get away with those type of comments. And yes Sam's acting and ass was great in that movie can't blame George for sticking with the guy.

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2010 11:11 PM

No, OP he isn't.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2010 11:17 PM

Is he a Scientologist? Cruise has been married twice...is he stright? I really don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2010 11:26 PM

Remaining single 'til 42 isn't suspect, it's not having any long term relationships with women that is clear evidence that someone is G.A.Y.

by Anonymousreply 62May 26, 2010 11:35 PM

Sam Rockwell hits on every hot woman that comes within a 10ft radius of him, so I am going to guess, no on the homosexual question. He has alot of gay friends though but in the movie industry, alot of guys do. He just rubs me as a straight guy who is gay friendly.

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2010 11:38 PM

R62 He has been with Leslie Bibb for 3 yrs now, that qualifies as long term in my book.

by Anonymousreply 64May 27, 2010 12:06 AM

I'd love to be his butt buddy

by Anonymousreply 65May 27, 2010 12:09 AM

Like his buddy Clooney he seems to have a phobia against long term relationships or marriage or kids for that matter. But like his buddy Clooney he seems to actually like women but just has trouble staying with any long term, more than likely, like Clooney he's bi.

by Anonymousreply 66May 27, 2010 12:34 AM

I just want to know why Hollywood continues to ignore this guy't talent. He should have been given at Oscar nom for Confessions and definetly an Oscar for Moon.

by Anonymousreply 67May 27, 2010 3:14 AM

This is a good enough thread as any to ask, is Sam Rockwell's bff Jeremy Renner boinking his co-star from 'Hurt Locker' Brian Geragthy? I get the feeling he is.

by Anonymousreply 68May 27, 2010 5:19 AM

I just watched him in MOON. Yeah, he's boyish still and cute, with a nice, tight body.

But there's something off about him. Something even a bit creepy. And he's a character actor, not a star. Not magnetic and kind of smaller than life.

by Anonymousreply 69May 27, 2010 8:39 PM

R69 Wow that is a perfect summation of Sam. Congrats. Though I wouldn't say 'off' per se, just a bit unreadable. Watching his interviews you can tell he is a bit of an oddball but seems like a genuine, down to earth guy. His mannerism are a bit hard to translate, so I think it is being inaccuately read as an indication of homosexuality by the OP.

by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2010 9:09 PM

He's great and nude in the underrated DiCillo film called "Box of Moonlight."

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2010 9:15 PM

He and George were so cute. I wish they were a couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2010 10:06 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2010 10:26 PM

Weren't they?

by Anonymousreply 74May 28, 2010 7:35 AM

One of my faviourite scenes from Moon. Sam is brilliant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 28, 2010 6:04 PM

"Box of Moonlight" is homoerotic and features Oscar-winner Lisa Blount and Catherine Keener. John Turturro is also nude in it, looking hot.

by Anonymousreply 76May 28, 2010 6:31 PM

John Turtorro can actually look hot?! I will have to try to check that one out. And Sam was just about the most fantastically campy gay guy in both 'Made' and 'A Midsummer Night's Dream.'

by Anonymousreply 77May 28, 2010 6:49 PM

My sister is obsessed with this guy and even started a website for him. He's not my type, but to each their own. Interestingly enough though my sister knew I was gay before I did, and she doesn't or refuses to believe that Sam might be one of us. In short maybe he is, maybe he isn't, it's hard to tell with him, but his buddy Jeremy I am near certain about.

by Anonymousreply 78May 29, 2010 3:14 AM

He was brilliant in 'Choke.' Anyone who enjoys his films should definetly check that one out.

by Anonymousreply 79May 29, 2010 4:34 AM

Does a straight guy take his buddy everywhere with him and his girlfriend? Even to restaurants and hotels? Something's amiss there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 29, 2010 5:07 AM

So Jeremy's a third wheel now? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 81May 29, 2010 3:22 PM

R69 is absolutely right, and while I like Sam in small character roles, his weirdness/quirkiness can't carry a movie. "Moon" was pretty dreadful.

His best role to date was as the panicky expendable ensign in "Galaxy Quest," also the debut of the (at the time) hilarious and adorable Justin Long.

by Anonymousreply 82May 29, 2010 4:51 PM

I will always remember when this guy got the Silver Bear Award for his work in Confessions back in 2003 and for a brief moment got carried away and began slobbering Clooney's neck on stage, I'm pretty sure Clooney left that stage with a hickey.

by Anonymousreply 83May 29, 2010 9:55 PM

Am I the only one who thinks his girlfriend seems way out of his league? Maybe I just superficial, she is dumb as a box of cement though so maybe they balance each other.

by Anonymousreply 84May 31, 2010 12:57 AM

He totally MADE Galaxy Quest (in a really well-written part). I will watch that movie any time we come across it on TV just for him.

by Anonymousreply 85May 31, 2010 1:08 AM

I loathed his character but I loved him in Green Mile.

by Anonymousreply 86May 31, 2010 1:33 AM

R78, what does your sister like about him?

by Anonymousreply 87May 31, 2010 1:53 AM

[quote]But there's something off about him. Something even a bit creepy.

What do you think(anyone can answer) is creepy(or unreadable and oddball as another poster put it) about him?

I don't think it's untrue or a bad thing to say, I'm just curious about your perceptions of him.

by Anonymousreply 88May 31, 2010 2:01 AM

He admitted in an interview that he has a dark side as he put it, that very few people have seen or would understand, he also said a while back one of his ultimate desires is to taser someone. It was said in gest but it did raise some eyebrows. I don't think he is creepy or off, I always think of him as a young Gary Oldman, a bit eccentric but brilliant in his profession. That being said, he just the type of guy most people would pass on the street but when you take a few minutes to interact with him, he seems fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 89May 31, 2010 2:12 AM

R87 I don't know what it is with this guy but alot of girls I have encountered, think this guy is God's gift. Especially since his turn as villian in Iron Man 2. I think he gives hope to alot of small built guys.

by Anonymousreply 90May 31, 2010 2:16 AM

He's a pretty fit guy but at times he dresses and grows out his beard and hair and can pass for a hobo. But clean shaven and dressed well, he gorgeous in my book.

by Anonymousreply 91May 31, 2010 2:51 AM

by Anonymousreply 92May 31, 2010 4:51 AM

My dad married at 45 and had kids at 46, after swearing off the prospects of marriage for the majority of his life. So I am fairly certain, Sam and Leslie would be engaged by year's end and married by next year.

by Anonymousreply 93May 31, 2010 11:34 AM

Sam Rockwell was on Letterman recently and two things I observed. One, was that he looked remarkably well for his age could easily pass for late 20's early 30's and secondly he would spend a considerableamount of time asserting his straightness. He is known for being fiercly private but suddenly he is constanly talking about his gf Leslie, talking about his reasons for joining the theatre was to meet girls, and I have seen some pics from Iron Man 2 primiere where him and his girlfriend PDA antics makes Heidi and Spencer's seem subdued. I am not saying Sam is gay but someone has definetly been telling him to kick his relationship and consequent heterosexuality into full gear. But I gues, he is finally getting the attention and recognition he deserves and he has been in Hollywood for a while and know how it works.

by Anonymousreply 94May 31, 2010 11:42 AM

[quote]he also said a while back one of his ultimate desires is to taser someone.

I'm not sure why that would raise eyebrows. I want to taser pretty much every one I meet.

by Anonymousreply 95May 31, 2010 3:56 PM

Never understood how he had a career

by Anonymousreply 96May 31, 2010 4:02 PM

R96 Heavy weights such as Clooney saw to it he was given A-class material, that an he is one of the few actors out there with actual talent and not a career based on a pretty face.

by Anonymousreply 97May 31, 2010 6:32 PM

I won't try to give the definitive pronouncement about his sexual orientation but I will say that I was at a party one time with a very attractive female friend and that Sam continually tried to hit on her.

by Anonymousreply 98May 31, 2010 8:24 PM

There was an interview he did for GQ and the guy conducting the interview, made mention that Sam would be distracted by any attractve woman who came around them and continually hit on his female assistant.

by Anonymousreply 99May 31, 2010 8:31 PM

I am going to be crude for a moment. It's a pity this guy isn't gay because he sure would have made the ideal gay guy. He has the perfect mouth for oral, one of the best ass for, well you know, and his junk aint bad either. I wouldn't have scored anyway but still a pity.

by Anonymousreply 100May 31, 2010 9:58 PM

[quote]one of the best ass for, well you know

no, details please, lots of details.

by Anonymousreply 101May 31, 2010 10:03 PM

R101 Sorry I have no details concerning this guy.

by Anonymousreply 102May 31, 2010 10:16 PM

He is brilliant, I've loved him in everything I've ever seen him in, but he doesn't ping at all to me. Alas.

by Anonymousreply 103May 31, 2010 10:22 PM

Really? This guy isn't gay not even bi? I could have sworn he dated the very bi Clooney a few years back? Hmm... ok.

by Anonymousreply 104May 31, 2010 11:27 PM

Alot of bi I have read hae stated George is only interested in the vag.

by Anonymousreply 105June 1, 2010 2:38 AM

By bi I mean Blind Items.

by Anonymousreply 106June 1, 2010 3:04 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 107June 1, 2010 4:26 PM

Met him briefly at Comic Con during his promotion of Iron Man 2. He's a bit on the short side, but a nice enough guy, and his face was surprisingly handsome. And he didn't seem the least bit gay to me.

by Anonymousreply 108June 1, 2010 10:39 PM

Only seen Moon. What other movies of his should I check out?

by Anonymousreply 109June 1, 2010 11:08 PM

R109 I an no fan of Nicolas Cage and did not want to go near the film Matchstick Men, but relented because I like to see the guy on screen. Confessions of a Dangerous Mind was a solid film as well. And if you desire to see the guy in nude, check out Lawn Dogs.

by Anonymousreply 110June 1, 2010 11:18 PM

Thanks. Can anybody give more details about his perceived odd or dark side?

by Anonymousreply 111June 1, 2010 11:21 PM

R111 I don't think he has a dark side really, I think alot of his comments have been taken out of context. And alot of his comments were made for shock value more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 112June 1, 2010 11:31 PM

He cracks me up with his dance moves, I like that his signature mark in every movie is to break out in a frantic dance.

by Anonymousreply 113June 1, 2010 11:33 PM

I don't know if he and his current squeeze are the real thing but my sister worked in the 2005 Los Angeles Spirit of Independence Award and she happily reported, he was seen holding hands with Clooney. Does that mean anything? Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 114June 2, 2010 2:15 AM

by Anonymousreply 115June 2, 2010 2:53 AM

Someone asked the same question on his IMDB board. His reasoning was that Sam shows his ass in almost every film. Thank goodness, it was shot down by more sensible posters.

by Anonymousreply 116June 2, 2010 3:57 AM

There was a BI back in late 2001 about a C-Lister blackmailing an A-List actor/director that he had photographed sniffing coke at a party, into casting him in a film. Some people guessed Sam because George had gone through hell and high water to guarantee his casting in George's directoral debut, but I doubt it. They looked way to chummy at premieres and even in the behind the scenes footage.

by Anonymousreply 117June 2, 2010 7:09 PM

Why did OP chose such a bad clip of him to ask this question?

by Anonymousreply 118June 3, 2010 2:24 AM

He was a sight to behold in Welcome to Collingwood.

by Anonymousreply 119June 4, 2010 1:33 PM

R24 I think you have her confused with Carly Pope, she is the only cast member of Popular, I have heard lesbian rumours about.

by Anonymousreply 120June 4, 2010 7:01 PM

Carly Pope and Leslie Bibb were dating for the duration of Popular, it was an open secret back then. But I did read somewhere that Carly is bi, maybe Leslie is one too.

by Anonymousreply 121June 5, 2010 2:33 AM

Wow, weird to hear that Pope and Bibb were dating b/c I always thought they had mad sexual tension.

by Anonymousreply 122June 5, 2010 2:41 AM

Well if she dated a girl and is now dating a guy and was once married to one, of course she's bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 123June 5, 2010 4:34 AM

I could have sworn ths guy was gay when I first saw him in 'Safe Men,' with Steve Zahn. I actually assumed his character was gay, until I saw him kissing a woman in the movie. He has certainly straightened himself out, over the years.

by Anonymousreply 124June 5, 2010 1:32 PM

I saw him sucking face with a hot black guy 2 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 125January 2, 2012 11:17 PM

He's hotter than FUCK, I'd do anything to suck face with him.

by Anonymousreply 126January 2, 2012 11:33 PM

Clooney never looks at his beards like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 2, 2012 11:38 PM

they two would make perfect boyfriends, just saying

by Anonymousreply 128January 2, 2012 11:41 PM

IKR R126, ugh! He's fucking gorgeous.

OK, he may not technically be the best looking, but he's handsome enough and sometimes being the best looking doesn't matter when you exude that amount of sex appeal. You either have it or you don't and he just has it.

It's also nice that his trademark is showing that hot ass in his movies.

He's an amazing actor as well, he was totally robbed of an Oscar nom in Conviction. I hope he has a chance to shine soon.

by Anonymousreply 129January 2, 2012 11:49 PM

Who bumped this two year old thread?

by Anonymousreply 130January 2, 2012 11:52 PM

What happened to Sam Rockwell? He's pretty much disappeared in recent years.

by Anonymousreply 131January 2, 2012 11:57 PM

People who seek out fame and fortune in Hollywood have mental defects to begin with. The fact that said defective people resist traditional marriage and children is not so far fetched and unexplainable. Gay or not, his status would be weird in North Dakota, but not Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 132January 3, 2012 12:15 AM

He very's good, and oddly sexy, and have no idea if he's straight or gay, but why are we to assume that all straight men must be married off by 42?

I'm more shocked that so many straight entertainers marry and marry so early and so often -- if only for the financial liability of doing so.

by Anonymousreply 133January 3, 2012 2:46 AM

Sam Rockwell and Colin Farrell on the set on the set of the Martin McDonagh film, Seven Psycholpaths.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134January 4, 2012 8:29 PM

He looks great for his age.

by Anonymousreply 135January 4, 2012 9:38 PM

I remember reading something about him having a crush on Ashley Judd years ago and trying to set up a date with her through his agent. She was disgusted by the whole thing, according to Sam.

Also, Aisha Tyler, Margaret Cho and Sam Rockwell were all in the first graduating class of SF SOTA in 1986. Aisha is narrating this video:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 4, 2012 9:59 PM

[quote]I'm more shocked that so many straight entertainers marry and marry so early and so often -- if only for the financial liability of doing so.

ITA. What the hell are they thinking? Giving away half their net worth multiple times? How is that a good idea?

Because even pre-nups aren't fail-proof.

by Anonymousreply 137January 4, 2012 10:11 PM

He is probably not gay, he just don't want to get married for the moment as it seems. There are many straight guys who don't like the idea of marriage.

If he is not exactly straight, he is definitely bi and not gay, that's my gaydar says at least...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 18, 2012 11:25 AM

i vote straight. never pinged to me either.

by Anonymousreply 139December 18, 2012 11:30 AM

He is an amazing actor by the way.

I loved him especially in 'Lawn Dogs'... what an outstanding movie really!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 18, 2012 11:38 AM

DL is like the worst Jewish mother stereotype.

"42 and not married huh? What's wrong with him?"

by Anonymousreply 141December 18, 2012 11:48 AM

Any gossip on him?

by Anonymousreply 142May 9, 2013 11:33 AM

R142, you're rather transparent. Do you get paid by the thread?

by Anonymousreply 143May 10, 2013 7:14 AM

Bumping because I just finally saw "The Way Way Back" and it reminded me how much I like this guy. He is really underrated. He should have won the Oscar for "Moon" but wasn't even nominated.

I don't get a gay vibe, but I wish I did. There is something so sexy about him. The other actor that gets me going is Mark Ruffalo....this picture makes me think dirty thoughts:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 18, 2014 12:59 AM

R140, Lawn Dogs is the only film that ever made me openly cry.

I have never seen a coming-of-age movie that is quite as unsettling or arresting. I went into it the first time thinking it would be a run-of-the-mill, indie-spirit, self-aware style-junkie flick, full of deliberately weird and annoying camera angles,many not much in the way of substance or insight. I was taken aback, and utterly transported by a Surrealist, Southern Gothic morality tale, replete with straightforward but powerful storytelling. The underlying question is one of trust--how precious it is, and how easy it is to lay our trust with the wrong person, and how terrifying the consequences of a violated trust can be.

I was astounded by its lack of pretension, the startling and almost uncomfortable sincerity, and the brave, deft and taunt handling of a taboo subject (sexualisation of children). A lonely, traumatised, and conservatively raised little girl named Devon (Mischa Barton), new to her small rural town and recently emerged from heart surgery, takes a shine to a lonely, traumatised and impoverished young man named Trent (Sam Rockwell), over twice her age, who she simply finds interesting, and never stops to question why it is she puts her trust in him. He, by contrast, is stricken by panic, fear and mistrust of the wealthy vipers whose lawns he mows for pittance, knowing they will string him up for befriending a preteen girl, yet he platonically falls for her, anyway, desperately alone as he feels.

In fact, reviewers lauded the sexual tension between the two leads, which comes across beautifully onscreen as barely there, latent, but burgeoning and undeniable. There's an edgy erotic spark between the scarred introverts, stuck in black hearted, bluegrass suburbia---Rockwell has a lapdog appeal that earnest, hardworking and sweet, and frustratingly willing to stay in a rut, yet wracked by a world weariness and very aware of how to use his own physical attractiveness and appeal to beg for scraps. Barton has a wide-eyed but knowing aura, this crackling electricity that energises scenes around her, and seems to roll rather than cover her eyes at the sex-obsessed adults in her midst. Both are used shamelessly by other characters for their bodies and their youthful energy. I could not look away in their scenes together--both actors (and characters) seem painfully aware that with just six or seven years fewer in age between them, a deeply sexual relationship would have grown between them as well as an emotional one. It is never explicitly acknowledged or acted upon, of course, which is the only relief in a tense, captivating and frankly nauseating screenplay.

The paranoia that chokes their romantic friendship is the tragic element of the movie. Unspoken is the fact that really, it is Trent's poverty and lack of education and prospects that the adults in Devon's life fear and reject, rather than his age and his gender, and that the community will use any excuse, no matter how wrong or how slanderous to run Trent and his kind out of town.I have never wanted to rescue two characters from their own story more than Devon and Trent.

The filmmaking itself is erotic, provocative and bracing. There's saturated and dark colour everywhere, blood red and forest green, and open space and huge horizons and pans, despite the majority of the action taking place in a trailer, and a walled off suburban commune. It's a film that is not afraid to be visually beautiful and glittering, in spite of the seemingly mundane and gritty subject matter.

For a fable of class, and a tale of prepubescent desire and impulse, it's jarringly honest. It feels like it belongs in a European pagan storybook, or an Old West compendium--a bizarre blend of Heidi, The Crucible, and Baba Yaga. The story is a slow, languid, almost sensual wander to the conclusion, which hits like a storm. I read a review shortly after that described it as both 'sparkling' and 'queasy', which I wholeheartedly agree with---the hypocrisy of certain characters made me feel physically ill at points, while the cinematography made me pause the movie in places, just to drink in the scenery. It is shocking in its simplicity and precocity, and it's daring enough to practically scream in the face of the audience, 'tell me what's wrong with this picture'.

It is a must see, and I never say that. It is best described as uneasy, dangerous visual poetry. It's Lynch-esque, a blend of beauty and psych-horror. It is quiet and trembling and really cuts deep. It is twisted, morbid, lovely, and defiantly NOT a retelling of Lolita.

You may or may not enjoy it, but you will never forget it. It is that good, and that sad.

by Anonymousreply 145October 9, 2014 10:24 AM

So when exactly did George stop fucking his ass?

by Anonymousreply 146May 1, 2016 7:59 PM

The straights called. They're totally fine with the gays claiming him as their own.

by Anonymousreply 147May 1, 2016 8:06 PM

No but I loved him in Galaxy Quest as the red shirt certain he's going to die.

by Anonymousreply 148May 1, 2016 8:15 PM

I can't believe there is actually speculation regarding his sexuality. He was one of the stars of Clownhouse with Pedo Victor Salva. His prerequisite for getting the role was obviously to get fucked by Salva, since Salva was molesting the other two. He was obviously passed around.

Notorious dyke Leslie Bibb is still listed as his GF *Beard*, captured everywhere with mega closet case Clooney, makes embarrassingly OTT PDA when everyone is watching and is very 'private'. This guy ticks all the boxes of a major Hollywood gay yet all the self loathers and fraus still ferociously scream he's straight.

So what are you R147? Frau, self loather or tatty PR bitch?

by Anonymousreply 149May 1, 2016 8:17 PM

Is his hand resting on Clooney's ass?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 16, 2018 1:35 PM

He used to be workout buddies with jeremy Renner at crunch in LA years back. Saw them together all the time.

by Anonymousreply 151January 16, 2018 5:56 PM

The pics with Leslie Bibb are pretty convincing

by Anonymousreply 152January 16, 2018 6:24 PM

Gee, DL, maybe he's bisexual, and has relationships (long term and short term) with both males and females.

sheesh

by Anonymousreply 153January 16, 2018 8:23 PM

He displayed the most delicious horn-o-plenty in those tight gold shorts in "Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy".

by Anonymousreply 154January 16, 2018 8:34 PM

YOWSAH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155January 16, 2018 8:36 PM

An "actor" not married at 20 to 30? What, he had one job, NO INCOME, little wonder he didn't marry and have kids.

by Anonymousreply 156January 16, 2018 9:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!