Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Cast Members From The L Word

It's been over a year since the L Word went off the air. Has anyone been wondering about the cast members lately? What have they been up to?

Jennifer Beals

Laurel Holloman?

Rachel Shelley?

Mia Kirshner?

Pam Grier?

Karina Lombard?

Katherine Moening?

Daniela Sea?

Erin Daniels?

Rose Rollins?

Leisha Hailey?

In a way, I believe they are glad to have gotten away from being under Ilene Chaiken's thumb. Elizabeth Ziff went back on tour with BETTY after the show wrapped. Other people who worked behind the scenes went onto other things.

I would like to know what are anyone's thoughts about that. I do wish that it could have been a better show.

by Anonymousreply 138February 4, 2019 1:48 PM

Jennifer Beals has yet again wasted her talents in some crap with Denzel Washington, I think the film was the Book of Eli, but I'm far too sleepy to google it.

by Anonymousreply 1April 23, 2010 10:46 PM

I'd be happy to never have to see Mia Kirshner in anything ever again

by Anonymousreply 2April 23, 2010 10:52 PM

Mia Kirshner infected "The Vampire Diaries" recently with a three episode arc. All I could think of was Jenny Schlecter's stupid weeping manatees. Goddamn L Word.

by Anonymousreply 3April 23, 2010 11:07 PM

Kate Moening was on a show that didn't last long called "Three Rivers." It was cancelled after a few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2010 11:19 PM

Hon, Beals can't get hired by anyone but Denzel. But instead of being grateful that no talent hack gets any work at all, you blame Denzel? What a fucking cunt you must be.

by Anonymousreply 5April 23, 2010 11:23 PM

Isn't Beals going to be in a new cop show called Ride-Along?

by Anonymousreply 6April 23, 2010 11:27 PM

Jennifer is filming a new show for the fall season here in Chicago called The RIDE ALONG. She plays a policewoman partnered with Jason Clarke ("The Brotherhood"). She also has a recurring role as Tim Roth's ex-wife in LIE TO ME.

As someone else posted, Katherine was on that short lived medical show.

The others...not so much.

by Anonymousreply 7April 23, 2010 11:28 PM

Leisha's been touring with Uh Huh Her. Rachel Shelly had a kid. Erin Daniels got married and had a baby boy with Chris Uetwiller (sp?) a producer.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2010 1:39 AM

Everyone bitched about this show, but I enjoyed watching it.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2010 1:42 AM

That show was a pool of mostly mediocre talent in every department (writing, acting, directing). No surprise that most of them are not doing anything worth talking about.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2010 2:01 AM

saw carmen at dinah shore in the vip room. she does nothing for me so i didn't pay much attention.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2010 2:02 AM

Karina Lombard is cast in a movie "Mansion Girls" set in 1969 (according to imdb)

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2010 2:58 AM

Erin Daniels had a bit part in that Tom Ford movie. She was a bank teller. With the ratted out 1962 hair and all, all I could think was "there's Dana Fairbanks! and she's still anorexic."

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2010 3:25 AM

I'm surprised Erin hasn't done more since she left the show actually. She had quite the comedic timing.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2010 8:11 AM

I get the feeling that a lot of them are totally embarrassed for working on a show with a person like Ilene Chaiken because Ilene was a control freak. So I think they're glad to be away from Ilene's thumb.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2010 9:36 AM

I heard Chaiken was back with Miggi.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2010 9:55 AM

[R5] obviously has some issues. Haven't had sex recently? You sound bottled up.

I didn't blame Denzel, the movie was crap, it would have been crap with other actors as well.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2010 10:48 AM

I'm sure that BETTY are glad to be away from under Ilene's thumb, too. Elizabeth Ziff is probably seeing somebody else. Plus, she is a mother.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2010 10:58 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2010 11:29 PM

I agree with r14. I was never hooked on the show, but from the few episodes I did see Erin seemed like the only one of the actresses who could transfer her talents into something more mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2010 2:26 AM

Um? Ilene and Ziff broke up?

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2010 2:34 AM

Op, I take it you have some personal vendetta against Chaiken?

by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2010 2:59 AM

I thought Leisha Hailey could probably get work, like Erin Daniels, if she wanted it. She was good. They were definitely the best actors on the show.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2010 3:37 AM

Leisha Hailey did a thriller/horror film in '09 with Gale Harold called Fertile Ground. Seems they were courting a gay audience with casting, no?

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2010 6:43 AM

Does anyone actually listen to BETTY? Someone up thread said Ziff had a brat is that true? Isn't she a huge cokehead?

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2010 6:59 AM

R22, I don't have a personal vendetta against Chaiken at all.

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2010 11:23 AM

[quote] In a way, I believe they are glad to have gotten away from being under Ilene Chaiken's thumb.

I thought a lot of the actresses stayed with the L Word for too long. Beals should have got out after season 2/3, and pursued something different.

Kate French seems to have done a lot of work since the show.

Kate Moening did well to land a lead in that new medical new show, but it was cancelled.

Leisha Hailey and Mia Kirscher seem to have gone for the horror/vampire genre... one stop before the actor's graveyard.

Chaiken is doing some reality lesbian TV show... again, her career is pretty much over.

Ironically, some of the male actors have gone on to have really good careers.

Quite a few of the L Word cast are in the movie Girltrash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2010 12:20 PM

Carmen shared the lead in a very good TV network show called Life. She and the show got good reviews but found only a cult following. She played a detective with a dark past. It was actually one of my favorite shows. However, it was not renewed.

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2010 12:49 PM

I watched a couple The River episodes(probably there were only 2/3). To see Shane as a doctor was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2010 1:48 PM

No shit, r29. I've never seen the show, but just checked out the clips on YouTube. She is LOL unconvincing.

I also thought the show was going to be a gritty drama ... obviously not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2010 2:50 PM

r11, you must not have a pulse.

Say what you will about Chaiken, but she did manage to keep the show on for six seasons (quite a feat for a premium cable show), and Showtime has given her another show.

by Anonymousreply 31April 25, 2010 3:03 PM

I agree with r31. The L Word was also a ground breaking series, yet the people on this board did nothing but attack it.

Some of you like to eat your own young.

by Anonymousreply 32April 25, 2010 3:12 PM

I saw Daniela Sea on an L&O-SVU episode not long ago. She played a transgendered person, of course.

by Anonymousreply 33April 25, 2010 3:28 PM

It could have been a "groundbreaking series", r32, but then season two started.

by Anonymousreply 34April 25, 2010 7:57 PM

In 2007, Karina Lombard played a surgeon in a French TV show called 'Suspectes'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 25, 2010 8:15 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 36April 25, 2010 8:25 PM

Mia Kirschner ruins everything she's in.

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2010 6:44 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 38June 10, 2010 7:41 PM

my god, the last season of Lword was ABYSMAL! one of the biggest trainwreck i've ever seen!

by Anonymousreply 39June 10, 2010 7:52 PM

The ending was also an offense to those of us who watched that show all those seasons. Nothing was solved and what was that shit with all of the cast walking hand in hand looking upward?

by Anonymousreply 40June 10, 2010 8:12 PM

I haven't watched every season, but I loved that moment in the last episode where Jenny speaks about how much she loves the girls and how much they changed her live and no one sits in front of the TV.

by Anonymousreply 41June 10, 2010 8:16 PM

Pam Grier just put her autobiography out.

by Anonymousreply 42June 13, 2010 7:47 AM

The show was good for about 2 seasons then it went down. The lightness of the first season was gone and the show wasn't fun anymore.

by Anonymousreply 43June 13, 2010 8:18 AM

I quit watching after Dana died. She was the only character I found even remotely likable.

by Anonymousreply 44June 13, 2010 9:45 AM

It could have been a good show, but Chaiken's obsessions and control over everything destroyed it. Just because I'm a lesbian doesn't mean I'm going to be "grateful" for utter shit just because two women are kissing in it.

by Anonymousreply 45June 13, 2010 9:53 AM

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 46June 13, 2010 10:49 AM

Wasn't beautiful Sarah Shahi on a tv series playing a policewoman?? R46, I don't understand you, they're all actresses who can work in other things. There're loads of mediocre actresses in Hollywood who get parts, why should they be different?

by Anonymousreply 47June 13, 2010 6:17 PM

Sorry, I meant R20

by Anonymousreply 48June 13, 2010 6:20 PM

I totally agree with you on that, r45.

Ilene should have let somebody be in charge of the show instead of her. Maybe the last four seasons of the show could have been a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 49June 14, 2010 12:36 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 50June 16, 2010 8:00 PM

Jennifer Beals was so overrated (by the fangurls, anyway) as Bette. Her love scenes always seemed kinda stiff.

by Anonymousreply 51June 16, 2010 8:18 PM

Jennifer Beals is a stiff actress. To say that she is mediocre is a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 52June 16, 2010 8:50 PM

[quote]There're loads of mediocre actresses in Hollywood who get parts, why should they be different?

Right on!

by Anonymousreply 53June 16, 2010 9:02 PM

Rachel Shelley was/is so gorgeous. I'd probably watch her in another role (especially playing another lesbian).

by Anonymousreply 54June 16, 2010 9:16 PM

Sarah Shahi was in a show called "Life", it kind of just faded away. It was a pretty good show.

Leisha Hailey would be great in a sitcom, you remember sitcoms? I'm so damn sick of this reality shit, the networks need to get back on track with some funny TV shows.

by Anonymousreply 55June 16, 2010 9:24 PM

I think Rachel Shelley would even be great in a comedy. In fact, I thought I saw her in some comedy recently, I don't remember if it was a guest appearance on a show or if she was in a movie.

by Anonymousreply 56June 16, 2010 9:30 PM

Rachel played a lesbian opposite Heather Graham in a movie, but why they didn't show them in a love scene is beyond me, because it would've been hot.

by Anonymousreply 57June 16, 2010 9:47 PM

She wasn't introduced until late in the movie when it would have made no sense for Graham's character to have a sex scene. Shelley hits on her in a gay bar in like the last scene of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 58June 16, 2010 10:04 PM

"The L Word" started tanking after the second season. Chaiken learned at the knee of Aaron Spelling which means you keep the rubes coming back with stupid plot tricks. Doesn't matter if established characters do/say things that are totally out of character, doesn't matter if you disappear story lines - just fashion your stupid "plot" for maximum exploitation.

Too bad. Chaiken could've done so much with this series and it just devolved into unbelievable, lurid, Spellingesque bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2010 12:21 AM

If Chaiken would have let the original creators actually be in charge of the stories, it would have been way better. Bitch took all the credit for a show that she didn't create.

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2010 12:27 AM

Elizabeth Ziff does not have a child. She had a serious bout with breast cancer, but has finished treatment and is cancer-free. Alyson (of BETTY) has two kids. Amy (Elizabeth's sister) has been touring with a solo show, as well as appearing with BETTY. They released a new CD "Bright and Dark" last year, and were judges of Best Lesbian Erotica 2010.

(I was a BETTY fan long before The L Word).

by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2010 12:35 AM

My God, you actually admit to being a BETTY fan. Yikes. EZ Girl is one of the top five reasons this show went to shit. As soon as BETTY started popping up for no reason in every episode, you knew this show was pure garbage.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2010 1:21 AM

That was just so bizarre. Having a band, the same band over and over, pop up in the episodes like that. It's like the unwanted drunk uncle that everyone knows is there but try not to make eye contact with.

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2010 1:25 AM

The absolute nadir was that episode with Bette's father's funeral where they had Gloria Steinem and BETTY join the cast members for a discussion of feminism. WTF was that about?

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2010 3:16 AM

The wedding episode where the whole bridal party wanted to fuck Shane was...yeah. Benny Hill for lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2010 3:34 AM

Anyone in the film and tv industry would think that the lesbians would have better representation.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2010 2:39 PM

It's not like Aaron Spelling was Chaiken's mentor or anything. She worked on Twin Peaks for Spelling, not Dynasty or Melrose Place (both of which were far more entertaining and coherent than The L Word anyway).

She's just not a good showrunner or episodic writer. Who she worked for before has no bearing on her lack of talent in these key areas. As someone else said, she ran to Showtime with someone else's idea and got in way over head.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2010 3:44 PM

Pam Grier had a reoccurring role on Smallville this past season.

by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2010 4:18 PM

I think Jennifer Beals is strikingly attractive and hot. Having said that, I don't think she's a very relaxed person in real life. Her interviews are pretty stiff - her best ones are with Craig Ferguson because he shakes her up and gets her loose. I don't think she's humorless; I think she's so very careful about what she says and probably overthinks everything. I think she's so much better looking as a 40 year old than she was back in her 20's and 30's - she's very graceful.

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2010 5:47 PM

Remember those loony "TiBette" fangurls?

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2010 7:35 PM

Mia Kirshner's looks are gone just like her career.

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2010 4:08 PM

As someone else said, she ran to Showtime with someone else's idea and got in way over head.

I would actually like to see their version of the show done.

I bet its a lot better than the Chaiken shit.

I wonder how different the story lines would have been.

Probably would have been more real unlike the jump the shark seasons chaiken did.

I wish they would re write it and come back with their version or something else.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2010 6:15 PM

Mia Kirshner's character was awkward but realistic. I remember those days of horny and confusion. Love to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 73June 7, 2012 5:34 AM

Sarah Shahi has been appearing in a show on the USA network called Fairly Legal.

by Anonymousreply 74June 7, 2012 6:00 AM

Love Leisha. The only out cast member of the bunch. Thought she'd go on to big things.

by Anonymousreply 75June 7, 2012 2:49 PM

I miss The L Word. I remember really liking the first 2 seasons. Can't remember much about the end cycle.

Is there anyseries like QAF or L Word on now? Is Dexter simular? Are we "OVAH" in TV Land?

by Anonymousreply 76June 7, 2012 6:15 PM

Yes. Leisha and Kate especially.

Sarah Shahi may be the only one with a noticeable career right now.

by Anonymousreply 77June 7, 2012 6:25 PM

Sarah Shahi is so hot, I hope she breaks into the mainstream.

by Anonymousreply 78June 7, 2012 6:38 PM

I know Leisha is doing her music thing. But I wonder what happened to the rest of them? Did they make so much money of the show that they don't need to work anymore?

by Anonymousreply 79June 7, 2012 10:05 PM

R79, I don't think they made all that much money for working on the L Word, because it was on Cable/Showtime.

I am surprised Leisha didn't do more acting after the L Word. I've never seen her in anything other than the L Word, but I thought she was perfect as Alice. That was just a really good character on the show, and stands out as one of my favorite characters on L Word.

Sarah Shahi is so absolutely drop dead gorgeous. I don't see her having a hard time getting work. She is a new mom, and married to that guy from Reba.

I also loved Rachel Shelly - drop dead gorgeous as well. I still don't understand why she had a British accent on the show, when the character of her mom, Peggy Peabody, didn't have an accent. Yes I know she has one in real life...But as far as the character, Was Helena adopted at a late age after already developing the accent? Did she grown up in London away from her mother? Or was that too complex for Chaiken to explain on the show?

Jennifer Beals - the hottest looking 50 year old woman I've ever seen. I thought she did well playing Bette.

The women who played Tina, Jenny, Dana, Ehh. they were ok.

Katherine Moening/Shane - I really liked her on the show, but I don't really see her to go on with anything other than small roles. I think she's now somewhat type-casted, which is to her detriment.

by Anonymousreply 80June 8, 2012 2:11 AM

Daniela Sea and Kate Moenning can't act their way out of a wet paper bag. I remember seeing Kate in Lincoln Lawyer, where she played a hooker. She still can't act.

by Anonymousreply 81June 8, 2012 8:23 AM

The chick who played Tasha, Rose Rollins, was on some cop show last year with Kelli Gidish, I think it was called Chase, and I've seen her playing a cop on other things like Southland. She's an okay actress, or better than half the cast was IMO. But, I hope she doesn't get stuck playing a type.

by Anonymousreply 82June 8, 2012 8:54 AM

Me too r82.

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2012 6:45 AM

Moennig's getting far too old for those androgynous roles, and she can't do dramatic scenes at all. She just got cast on the show because she had the right "look" and presence.

by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2012 7:06 AM

I think Erin Daniels, the actress who played Dana, was in "The Babysitter" last year. I never actually saw it myself, but I did see an extended trailer where she appeared as the mother of the kids that Jonah Hill was supposed to watch over.

by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2012 1:12 PM

I have seen various cast members in a few things here and there.

Daniela Sea was one of the worst actors on the show, and one of the worst I've ever seen!

by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2012 4:21 PM

Erin Daniels got married and had a kid. And yes she did have a minor role in The Babysitter as the kids' mom.

by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2012 5:32 PM

Ilene Chaiken transitioned into Ryan Murphy and went on to create and destroy Glee.

by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2012 5:34 PM

Good point r88.

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2012 6:20 PM

I saw babysitter with my mom (not the best idea BTW) any way, Erin's role was small, but not minor. The whole reason Seth's character takes the babysitting gig is because he finds her hot and wants to sleep with her. Once again, she showed off some good comedic timing.

by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2012 6:56 PM

by Anonymousreply 91October 6, 2012 5:58 PM

What's Jennifer Beals up to?

by Anonymousreply 92October 6, 2012 9:44 PM

What did Erin's original nose look like?

by Anonymousreply 93October 6, 2012 9:45 PM

Alex Hedison (Dylan) was wretched also. Hard to believe she's a lesbian in RL, given how horribly uncomfortable she looked around women in TLW.

by Anonymousreply 94October 7, 2012 6:12 AM

Louanne Brickhouse 40, VP of production at The Walt Disney Company, and Ilene Chaiken, 53, cocreator, writer, and executive producer of the TV series The L Word

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95October 7, 2012 6:29 AM

who is Alex Hedison dating?

by Anonymousreply 96October 7, 2012 6:30 AM

Sarah Shahi has a recurring role on "CHICAGO FIRE" and will be a regular on "PERSON OF INTEREST" in Fall 2013.

by Anonymousreply 97June 9, 2013 12:24 PM

Sarah Shahi was in 3 series since the Lword ended. Teachers (or a similiar name) sitcom about teachers. Life, which I liked, and a show where she played a legal mediator.

She seemed to be capable as an actress in all of them, and the show seems okay. And it looks like according to r97, she might do okay in a supporting role, not these leads.

I saw Leisha Hailey in a god awful independent movie set in a house, it was terribly directed but she seemed to be okay acting wise. I would like to erase the image. It was screened for prospective investors, not sure it was released.

J Beals was in a very good cop show as the lead and I dunno what happened to it after the first season. I thought it was a keeper.

Erin Daniels has had bit parts in several things.

I have seen Kate Moeing show up in some of the weirdest places on the screen.

by Anonymousreply 98June 9, 2013 1:02 PM

I quite like when Cybill Shepherd joined and was with Jane Lynch's character. They worked well together and were fun.

by Anonymousreply 99June 9, 2013 3:52 PM

Mia Kirshner is a regular on that new sci fi show,Defiance. She plays the same character as she usually does; in this case, the head ho of a town brothel.

by Anonymousreply 100June 9, 2013 5:38 PM

I want to know why Tina was drinking while she was pregnant with Angelica.

by Anonymousreply 101November 4, 2013 7:05 PM

Mia Kirshner is fucking Sam Shepard who happens to be 30+ her senior.

by Anonymousreply 102January 2, 2015 8:44 AM

Alex Hedison married Jodie Foster.

Is Pam Grier gay?

by Anonymousreply 103January 2, 2015 1:43 PM

Laurel Holloman, who played Tina, was the smartest member of the cast. At the show's end she divorced her real life husband and quit show business completely. She is now a successful painter who puts on exhibits, mostly in Europe, and did well for herself. The stress of working on the show, along with her deteriorating relationship with Jennifer Beals, did her in. I'm sure Holloman will never return to acting for any reason.

by Anonymousreply 104August 5, 2016 8:58 AM

R103- Pam Grier always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 105August 5, 2016 8:59 AM

[quote] The stress of working on the show, along with her deteriorating relationship with Jennifer Beals, did her in. I'm sure Holloman will never return to acting for any reason.

What happened with Holloman and Beals? Didn't they get along?

by Anonymousreply 106August 5, 2016 9:08 AM

That theme song is the worst. Betty can suck my clit.

by Anonymousreply 107August 5, 2016 9:10 AM

R106-Jennifer Beals has been described by more than one stage worker as being a control freak in front of and behind the camera. Even in TV interviews and making speeches she looks very rigid, just like her L Word character Bette. I strongly believe it ruined her relationship with Laurel Holloman, as they were alleged to be "more than coworkers" off the screen. I think Ken Dixon, her Canadian businessman husband, does a good job of covering for her. Laurel Holloman never remarried and keeps her personal life very concealed she's never been photographed with anyone, whether it's a male or a female; however she pings to me as being woman oriented.

by Anonymousreply 108August 5, 2016 9:14 AM

I can buy that Beals looks like a control freak. but what does the more than coworkers mean?

by Anonymousreply 109August 5, 2016 9:21 AM

R109-RELATIONSHIP

by Anonymousreply 110August 5, 2016 9:24 AM

Relationship as in having an affair?

OMG, the nuts from the L Chat have found Datalounge. They were laughed off of that place and are now posting their delusions here

by Anonymousreply 111August 5, 2016 9:28 AM

The L Word was a groundbreaking show and there's still much to be said about the cast members.

by Anonymousreply 112August 5, 2016 9:47 AM

what's there to be said? none of them has actually done anything afterwards. except maybe Moenning who is now on ray Donavan

by Anonymousreply 113August 5, 2016 9:57 AM

R113 Not completely true. Laurel Holloman, who played Tina, quit acting and is now a successful and prolific painter. I own one of her prints.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 5, 2016 9:15 PM

For some strange legal reason the website will not appear on DL. you can google it.

by Anonymousreply 115August 5, 2016 9:18 PM

The L Word was horrible. Awful acting and writing. The finale was dumb. I liked Helena. She was most attractive to me. I've never understood the appeal of Bette/Beals. She does nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 116August 6, 2016 1:52 AM

I think that Laurel Holloman, Tina, is drop dead gorgeous. She's now 45 and STILL looks great. I'm happy that she's now painting and lives a peaceful and content life. I wonder if she is on speaking terms with Jennifer Beals these days.

by Anonymousreply 117August 6, 2016 3:02 AM

The ending was so stupid. It's a shame the show didn't have better writers.

by Anonymousreply 118August 7, 2016 3:45 AM

why aren't they on speaking terms R117?

by Anonymousreply 119August 17, 2016 8:57 PM

R24 I was going to say that about Leisha Hailey. She was in a awful horror movie with Gale Harold a few years ago. Neither of them are capable of playing straight, which is why I think her career is going to go about the same way his has.

by Anonymousreply 120August 17, 2016 9:30 PM

Katherine Moennig has a major supporting role on RAY DONOVAN, which is presently airing its 4th season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121August 17, 2016 10:01 PM

R119-it must be "best friend" issues

by Anonymousreply 122August 18, 2016 1:58 AM

do people still think that Beals/Holloman were a couple? talk about delusional!

by Anonymousreply 123August 18, 2016 5:01 AM

R108=Laurel Holloman DID remarry around 2014. Her second husband is a Los Angeles businessman named Henry Park. He has helped to finance her art career by putting on exhibits, mostly in Europe. LH is working overtime to create a heterosexual image, however she posted a picture on her Twitter account of her new "best friend" Michelle Rodriguez, a known bisexual actress. Birds of a feather? btw LH no longer discusses her former acting career. In the bio section of her art website acting is not mentioned, most especially The L Word. She is trying to wipe out her past and most likely is in denial.

by Anonymousreply 124September 19, 2016 6:55 PM

The last two seasons really sucked, notably season 6, because Chaiken ditched from the show to start working on Empire. The writers, who were not well paid, were left to fend for themselves. I believe that Jenny OD'd on drugs as she looked kind of drugged out when she had her argument with Bette and then jumped into the pool and drowned. No one killed Jenny except herself. She had been lamenting that her friends no longer liked her and she felt abandoned.

by Anonymousreply 125September 19, 2016 7:23 PM

The entire series was horrible but the last season was even worse. Why would anyone think Beals/Holloman were a real life couple? Both of them were unappealing too.

by Anonymousreply 126September 20, 2016 12:39 AM

R128 a lot of people thought the chemistry between the two of them was too real for them not to be involved off camera. Cast and crew members were not allowed to discuss it with anyone

by Anonymousreply 127September 20, 2016 12:46 AM

I meant R126

by Anonymousreply 128September 20, 2016 1:11 AM

Thanks r127. I never thought Bette and Tina were an amazing couple. Actually, I don't know what couples I thought had great chemistry on the show. I always wished they would put Helena in better relationships.

by Anonymousreply 129September 20, 2016 1:13 AM

R129 Helena and Bette would have been dynamite. Pure top competition!

by Anonymousreply 130September 20, 2016 1:17 AM

Of course Beals and Holloman had a relationship. Everyone's lips on that show are sealed.

by Anonymousreply 131September 18, 2017 9:02 AM

The first two seasons were good, then the show went to crap.

by Anonymousreply 132September 18, 2017 11:53 AM

I wonder if we will ever see out takes and bloopers from TLW?

by Anonymousreply 133September 19, 2017 6:36 AM

Has anyone ever met Beals or Holloman? What are they like in person?

by Anonymousreply 134September 21, 2017 11:44 AM

R134 I have met Holloman and she is a very sweet, humble person. I went to one of her exhibitions in Europe and she is very accommodating to everyone. She knows many of the women who attend her shows are her lesbian fans from TLW. I spoke to her a number of times and went to the evening opening as well. Got lots of photos of her. She allowed photos of us with her and spoke to each one who went up to her. The has a special energy and I felt she was very aware of everything going on around her. I also met her husband Henry who stayed in the background and was polite and reserved and wanted Laurel to have the limelight. All the fans were very polite and respectful, too. I had a super day and it was amazing to meet someone I’d admired from the movies.

by Anonymousreply 135April 12, 2018 2:07 PM

[quote]Elizabeth Ziff went back on tour with BETTY after the show wrapped

Worst theme song of all time.

by Anonymousreply 136April 12, 2018 2:14 PM

Apparently in Pam Grier’s autobiography she said that it’s a sad thing that grown women have to hide their sexuality to get work in Hollywood. That’s the only gay thing she says about her time working on TLW. I’ve heard rumours she’s had affairs with women in her younger days.

by Anonymousreply 137January 10, 2019 4:15 PM

Any news about who from the previous cast will be in the next series to be aired end of 2019?

by Anonymousreply 138February 4, 2019 1:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!