Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Oprah does not walk!", "Oprah does not do stairs!"

These revelations from Kitty Kelley's book about how lazy-ass Oprah is--and how she always talks in the third person about herself with strangers--are cracking me up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375June 23, 2018 6:56 PM

The image of Oprah as America's benevolent earth mother is about to take a serious hit, thanks to -- who else? -- biographer Kitty Kelley, whose book on the talk show queen comes out Tuesday.

"I was astounded that the woman who seems so open and uninhibited is really so choked by secrets," said Kelley, who interviewed more than 800 people and spent four years researching the book.

In a short excerpt obtained by the Reliable Source, Oprah comes off as a demanding diva unwilling to lift a finger -- or foot -- if she doesn't feel like it.

About five years ago, she contacted Georgetown's L'Enfant Gallery, known for high-end antiques, because she owned works by portraitist John Kirthian Court and wanted to see more. Gallery owner Peter Colasante bought three paintings ($60,000-$80,000 each) and had them shipped from Portugal to his shop for Oprah's consideration. He received strict instructions for her short visit, along with a partial schedule: "2:17 p.m.: Oprah's limousine arrives at L'Enfant Gallery, 2:20 p.m.: Oprah walks into gallery...."

On the appointed day and time, two limos pulled up and Oprah went into Deborah Gore Dean's shop across Wisconsin Avenue. After waiting 30 minutes, Colasante walked over and found his famous client berating Dean. He told Oprah and her entourage (secretary, pilot, hairdresser, makeup man, guards) that he had other appointments scheduled and she needed to honor her timetable.

"Oprah does not walk," she told him, referring to herself in the third person. "Who is this guy?" Then she started screaming at her staff, but finally agreed to cross the street and come through his front door.

"I just don't feel it," she told him. "The vibrations aren't right."

"You'll feel them once you see the paintings we've assembled for you," he said, pointing up the stairs where Court's art was hanging.

"Oprah does not do stairs," she said.

Things went rapidly downhill from there: Colasante's partner hissed that maybe Oprah could use the exercise (unclear who heard), and she stormed out in a huff without buying anything.

How accurate is Kelley's version? Dean, who declined to be interviewed for the book, said she doesn't discuss her clients. Winfrey spokeswoman Lisa Halliday declined to comment.

"Kitty got it just right," Colasante told us this weekend. "I was somewhat dumbfounded to see this side of Oprah. I've been in business 37 years, and I've never seen anyone behave that way before -- least of all anyone well-known, who are generally pussycats. We had a wonderful time with Barbra Streisand." (He eventually sold two of the three Court paintings.)

No telling what else Kelley has unearthed or who gets to hear it: Her book has an initial printing of 500,000 copies, but she said some major news organizations have refused to schedule interviews for fear of Oprah's power and displeasure.

But Kelley told us she's still a fan. "I love her -- she is a biographer's gift. I started the book the same way I ended up, with a great deal of respect for her."

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2010 11:14 PM

If she doesn't out Oprah after Andrew Morton didn't out Tom Cruise, I'm going to have a crisis in faith in gossip.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2010 11:29 PM

"Oprah does not skip desert!"

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2010 11:34 PM

[quote] "Oprah does not walk!", "Oprah does not do stairs!" No shit fat-ass, we've noticed.

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2010 11:35 PM

Oprah does not break a sweat. Oprah just likes to sit around exerting no more effort than it takes to stuff her face. Oprah refers to herself in the 3rd person because she has an ego the size of Wisconsin.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2010 11:40 PM

If she pulled that shit at an art gallery, just imagine the tantrum she pitched outside of Hermes.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2010 11:41 PM

"Oprah never puts her fork down!"

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2010 11:41 PM

Oprah does like like lady ham, however.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2010 11:41 PM

ET just ran a sorry excuse for a story on the book. They interviewed AN ET PRODUCER (!) who said that shows were refusing to book Kelly "not because they fear Oprah, but because they respect her." Then she described the book as "gossip" (pot, kettle, ET) and not newsworthy. So, Entertainment Tonight is also scared shitless of Oprah. ("Shitless" is a word, stupid red proofreader line!)

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2010 11:42 PM

Other things Oprah does not do: Crunches. Refrain from eating a Big Mac as a little snack. Steadman.

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2010 11:43 PM

"she has an ego the size of Wisconsin" And an ass to match.

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2010 11:45 PM

here's more

Oprah lied about poverty, sex abuse, tell-all book claims

Oprah Winfrey embellished her poor upbringing and made up stories about sexual abuse to boost her ratings, her relatives say in Kitty Kelley’s new biography.

Although Winfrey claims she never had any new dresses or dolls, and had to adopt two cockroaches as pets growing up in rural Mississippi, her cousin contends she was actually relatively “spoiled” as a little girl. “Where Oprah got that nonsense about growing up in filth and roaches I have no idea,” Katherine Carr Esters said. “I’ve confronted her and asked, ‘why do you tell such lies?’ Oprah told me ‘that’s what people want to hear. The truth is boring.’”

In “Oprah,” which goes on sale tomorrow, Kelley also describes how rumors once swirled at ABC about a relationship between Winfrey and Diane Sawyer.Employees there described “giggly late-night phone calls,” and a series of lavish gifts from Winfrey, including gigantic sprays of orchids and a one-carat diamond toe ring.

Despite such rumors, Kelley concludes that Winfrey is “asexual.”However, she quotes sources describing how in 1989 Winfrey paid an ex-boyfriend $50,000 to keep quiet about her gay brother and “some lesbian affairs.”

As for her relationship with longtime partner Stedman Graham, according to the book the two do not share a bedroom.

Perhaps the biggest secret of the book is left a secret. Oprah still does not know the true identity of her father. Esters told Kelley who he is, on the condition she not publish the information until Winfrey’s mother comes clean to her daughter.Vernon Winfrey, the man who raised Oprah, is also frustrated with the way she has played fast and loose with the truth. “She may be admired by the world, but I know the truth,” he says. “So does god and so does Oprah. Two of us remain ashamed.“

Vernon reserves his harshest words for Winfrey’s best friend, Gayle King, who put the kibosh on a biography he was working on. Calling her a “dirt hog“ and a “street heifer,“ he blames King for a rift in their relationship.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 12, 2010 11:46 PM

I never heard the adopting cockroaches story, which is ridiculous. But I definitely remember stories about how she grew up in a shack, the impression being it had dirt floors and all.

And who the fuck is willingly asexual? Trying to pass her off as "asexual" just makes the lesbian rumors look even more true.

by Anonymousreply 13April 12, 2010 11:53 PM

Oprah does not reject carbs!

by Anonymousreply 14April 12, 2010 11:59 PM

Doh.... No one here thought that Oprah's fat ass ever took the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2010 12:03 AM

Mark my words. Kitty Kelly is about to get slammed with one hell of a slander suit. Oprah will have the jury wrapped around her litter...er fat finger.

by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2010 12:04 AM

Street heifer? I think Vernon is a DL regular.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2010 12:09 AM

The real secret? Oprah is really Bonnie Franklin in disguise.

When Oprah chuckles, it's just Bonnie tapping her heart out for you inside that fat suit.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2010 12:19 AM

"she said some major news organizations have refused to schedule interviews for fear of Oprah's power and displeasure." A statement to gain publicity for her book or truth? Did the stations she is claiming booked her in the past for her books refuse her now or did those same stations never book her because they feel a bio is not news worthy?

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2010 12:25 AM

r16 that will never happen because it would result in Oprah being placed under oath, and like George W Bush and Karl Rove used to say, that ain't gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2010 12:26 AM

R17, if he had a talk show, I'd watch it.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2010 12:31 AM

[quote]"Oprah does not walk!"

Meh. Suri did it first.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2010 12:35 AM

[quote]Vernon reserves his harshest words for Winfrey's best friend, Gayle King, who put the kibosh on a biography he was working on. Calling her a "dirt hog" and a "street heifer," he blames King for a rift in their relationship.

If Vernon published a book, I'd buy it.

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2010 12:36 AM

"Dirt Hog" and "Street Heifer"? I think I love Mr. Winfrey!

by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2010 12:38 AM

I totally believe the art dealer's story. I have a friend who said similar things about Oprah. All of his other celebrity customers have been sweethearts, but Oprah was a cold woman. He said Barbra Streisand was a doll and everyone in the store fell in love with her.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2010 12:39 AM

The frauen bought her story hook, line and sinker and made her a superstar.

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2010 12:39 AM

In the book, Vernon Winfrey says that Oprah and Gayle are "too close." He also says that Oprah and Steadman have no romantic chemistry with each other.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2010 12:41 AM

Remember when the Hermes store in Paris wouldn't let her in to shop while they were having a private party?

Remember when she lost all that weight on a diet pill that was basically over the counter meth?

Remember Marianne Williamson?

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2010 12:44 AM

Wait. Diane Sawyer??

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2010 12:47 AM

Kitty Kelley is trash.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2010 12:48 AM

What was the story on Marianne Williamson? Oprah seems to have dropped her like a hot potato.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2010 12:48 AM

LMAO. Kitty Kelley is a dream come true for getting Oprah's father to speak on the record.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2010 12:48 AM

Oprah has good taste. I would so do Diane Sawyer.

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2010 12:49 AM

Oprah has wanted to motorboat Diane's pussy and Maria Shriver's pussy for decades.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2010 12:51 AM

...and the decline of the WP continues.

by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2010 12:53 AM

Maybe I am late to the party, but are there rumors about Diane Sawyer??

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2010 12:55 AM

"Remember when the Hermes store in Paris wouldn't let her in to shop while they were having a private party?"

"A private party" is ridiculing the "poor negro" outside who just wanted to go in and take a look at the merchandise on display? Did you notice how quickly the owner of Hermes flew his ass to this country and made nice with Oprah on stage? That's not the actions of a company that did nothing wrong.

And Oprah deeply regrets delving into some topics, and the hurt and pain it caused. To quote the advice of her good friend Dr. Maya Angelou ,"When you know better, you do better."

And give the women this much credit, she knew to turn her show around and start inspiring people on a daily basis, and try to make the world a better place. Did Jenny Jones do that? Has Maury Povich ever given that a thought in his feeble minded brain?

NO!!!!

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2010 1:06 AM

I thought Oprah was closer to her father than her mother, what happened?

by Anonymousreply 38April 13, 2010 1:18 AM

asexual = GAY

by Anonymousreply 39April 13, 2010 1:32 AM

I believe she is asexual because she is so consumed with herself.. Just like Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 40April 13, 2010 1:37 AM

If she's asexual, why does she have a "boyfriend"?

by Anonymousreply 41April 13, 2010 1:42 AM

[quote]Did you notice how quickly the owner of Hermes flew his ass to this country and made nice with Oprah on stage? That's not the actions of a company that did nothing wrong.

I can't believe there is anyone alive this disingenuous. He made nice because he feared Oprah's power. She acted like an entitled cunt and threatened to boycott the brand. It was a business decision to 'apologize'; it had nothing to do with the ethics of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 42April 13, 2010 1:48 AM

Asexual? Well, she's "a(having)sex(ual)" with me!!

by Anonymousreply 43April 13, 2010 1:52 AM

I saw Kitty Kelly on the today show this morning, that's pretty much what she said as well, R42.

It's not that people genuinely care about making oprah happy or are ignoring the story for "ethical reasons," they're just terrified over how powerful she is.

by Anonymousreply 44April 13, 2010 1:54 AM

Diane Sawyer is to Mike Nichols as Diane von Furstenberg is to Barry Diller.

by Anonymousreply 45April 13, 2010 1:54 AM

How do you know she acted like an entitled cunt? Oprah claimed that if it was a white celebrity, they would have been treated differently. Perhaps she had a point?

by Anonymousreply 46April 13, 2010 2:04 AM

Oprah never will file a libel suit. It would do nothing but give the book greater publicity and cause more secrets to be revealed during Discovery.

by Anonymousreply 47April 13, 2010 2:04 AM

Oprah always acts like an entitled cunt, r46.

Her head is bigger than the state of Texas.

by Anonymousreply 48April 13, 2010 2:10 AM

Oh please R46, Oprah will pull the race card out when it suits her.

R42 is dead on as to why the head of Hermes kissed Oprah's ass. Same reason Kitty Kelley can't get press for this biography.

by Anonymousreply 49April 13, 2010 2:11 AM

You know what, she act however she fucking wants. She was born and raised in poverty. I mean, sharecroppers had it better. She was molested. She crawled out of that life and made a name for herself. Every dollar she's made, she more than deserves. If she doesn't want to walk, more power to her.

by Anonymousreply 50April 13, 2010 2:14 AM

[quote] How do you know she acted like an entitled cunt? Oprah claimed that if it was a white celebrity, they would have been treated differently. Perhaps she had a point?

Celebrities, especially on the level Oprah, have their days planned out to the minute. They have handlers, publicists, bodyguards, etc. I'm sure Hermes has a lot of celeb clients, and they prearrange things, like security, when someone wants to shop after hours. Maybe they thought Marianne Jean-Baptiste was banging on the window for a fresh pair of panties (again... you know how she gets).

by Anonymousreply 51April 13, 2010 2:17 AM

[quote]She was born and raised in poverty. I mean, sharecroppers had it better.

You've not been reading this very carefully, have you? That's been refuted. Read more carefully next time.

by Anonymousreply 52April 13, 2010 2:19 AM

R50, people who grew up in poverty in abusive households do not get a lifetime free pass for being an asshole. I don't begrudge Oprah a penny of her fortune, but I also don't cut her any slack whatsoever for acting like an entitled messianic cunt who is so narcissistic she refers to herself in the third fucking person.

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2010 2:19 AM

[quote]Celebrities, especially on the level Oprah, have their days planned out to the minute.

Yes, that describes my life exactly.

by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2010 2:20 AM

[quote]...Oprah Winfrey embellished her poor upbringing and [bold]made up stories about sexual abuse[/bold] to boost her ratings, her relatives say in Kitty Kelley's new biography.

[quote]...her cousin contends she was actually relatively "spoiled" as a little girl. "Where Oprah got that nonsense about growing up in filth and roaches I have no idea," Katherine Carr Esters said. "I've confronted her and asked, 'why do you tell such lies?' Oprah told me 'that's what people want to hear. The truth is boring.'"

OMFG. This just made me hate Oprah, especially the part about her making up the sexual abuse. This is a slap in the face to all survivors of sexual abuse. FUCK HER.

by Anonymousreply 55April 13, 2010 2:25 AM

[quote]You know what, she act however she fucking wants. She was born and raised in poverty. I mean, sharecroppers had it better. She was molested. She crawled out of that life and made a name for herself. Every dollar she's made, she more than deserves. If she doesn't want to walk, more power to her.

Yeah, except the bitch FUCKING LIED about all of that. FUCK OPRAH. I'm writing to Oprah and I am telling that bitch off. Of course she'll never hear about it, but one of her minions will read it. If enough people call her out, maybe it'll get to the cunt eventually.

I am so fucking furious at her. Fuck her for lying. She's a fucking fraud.

by Anonymousreply 56April 13, 2010 2:27 AM

r56 = the ghost of James Frye

by Anonymousreply 57April 13, 2010 2:30 AM

What is the story with Marianne Williamson and Oprah?

Please.

by Anonymousreply 58April 13, 2010 2:31 AM

I was really happy for Orpah when she lost all that weight and was able to fit into designer clothes like Valentino. She even did a show on Valentino and kissed his ass up and down. I thought she at that point was able to really enjoy her life and money, but that lasted 5 seconds and she's back to plus size. I'd like to know what's up with her to where she can't stay on point with her diet and exercise given her vast resources. All those rich bitches and celebs stay on point - Fergie, Halle, Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Gwen Stefani, Gwyneth etc. They are consistently working out 2 hours per day and monitoring their diet just as part of their lifestyle. They have to do hardcore maintenance. If Oprah wants to live a spiritual life at the highest state her health and body image factor into that. Not that she has to workout constantly but she has to be aware of her body and care for it. I bet her pedigree dogs have a better diet and and exercise plan than she does. I'm not saying that she has to be perfect, but she's had the same fucking problem for 30 years and vast resources to correct it to make her happy - because that is how she interpretes happiness - being in control of her weight and body. To me, there is some disconnect there.

by Anonymousreply 59April 13, 2010 2:34 AM

I am Oprah's cockroach, one of two Pray tell me, whose cockroach are you?

by Anonymousreply 60April 13, 2010 2:35 AM

But she grew up in poverty and was sexually molested by family members! So I forgive her for lying about growing up in poverty and being sexually molested by family members. She gets a free pass on that from me.

by Anonymousreply 61April 13, 2010 2:38 AM

So Oprah's father thought she and Gayle were "too close"... sounds like a homophobic "country hog" to me

And he wanted to do a biography of Oprah, which concerned Oprah enough that Gayle had to stop him, yep, he sounds like "father of the year" who has no concerns for money over his daughter. He's such a cool guy!

by Anonymousreply 62April 13, 2010 2:47 AM

Whether she lied about it or not (and she probably at least embellished liberally), poverty and sexual abuse do not give one license to act like a douchebag for the rest of one's life. And it takes a particularly potent strain of stupid to believe it does.

by Anonymousreply 63April 13, 2010 2:47 AM

I don't think she's lying. A bunch of bitter and jealous family members are just trying to bring her down.

by Anonymousreply 64April 13, 2010 2:49 AM

It also takes a particularly potent strain of stupid to believe Kitty Kelly without question.

And some of you have the nerve to attack Palin voters? Come on now.

by Anonymousreply 65April 13, 2010 2:52 AM

[quote]...Oprah Winfrey embellished her poor upbringing and made up stories about sexual abuse to boost her ratings, her relatives say in Kitty Kelley's new biography.

Oh pu-lease, I'm from a black family and I know the feeling that certain secrets should not be made public. Sounds to me that Oprah's "family" would not rather her say her uncle fucked her. I'm sorry but I don't believe for a second Oprah would lie about sexual abuse - her weight maybe, but not that.

I am a victim of sexual abuse and I know how difficult it was to tell my mother, to which my mother told me to prove it because "our family [I was raised in an extended family] do not do that"

by Anonymousreply 66April 13, 2010 2:53 AM

You can see the photo on Huffingtonpost.com of Vernon Winfrey's barber shop where he has Oprah's photo stuck behind a photo of his beloved dog. Kitty asks him why the dog's photo is in front of Oprah's, and he says that he just loves that little dog. LOL

Her whole family can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 67April 13, 2010 2:57 AM

[quote] What is the story with Marianne Williamson and Oprah?

A Course in Miracles was a fad, like The Secret. Oprah fell for it and dropped it (like her weight-loss programs over the years.

If Oprah came out for the KFC Double-Double tomorrow and said that it's OK to be fat and eat one every day, she'd do it for a couple of months and then lose interest.

Remember when she found out that hamburgers were bad for you, and got sued? That's why we have Dr. Phil.

by Anonymousreply 68April 13, 2010 2:58 AM

1. No one is perfect. Everyone has secrets. If Oprah has been full of herself, somewhat, over the years, so the fuck WHAT? What public figure hasn't been? Everyone believes their press at least a little bit after awhile. She has been successful for an awfully long time.

2. Oprah has done an awful lot of good for this old world. Donated millions of dollars. Opened schools. Inspired people. Provided helpful and useful information to people.

3. I think it is just sad that she is now being knocked off her perch. Not sure HOW much damage this book will do but I think it's a shame.

Hey, I agree that she can be a bit too "St. Oprah," to be sure but a skeevy tell all book? Did it really need to be written? I mean, I admire Oprah Winfrey and this is stuff that I really just didn't want to know. I mean, what would be surprising about any of it?

by Anonymousreply 69April 13, 2010 3:04 AM

My next door neighbor worked for Harpo. The day she got fired, she came to my apartment drunk as a skunk and talked non-stop for over an hour about how crazy Oprah was (all of this in violation of her confidentiality clause, I suppose). I thought it was all alcohol-fueled, but now I think the "crazy" was all accurate -- especially the talking in the third person stuff.

by Anonymousreply 70April 13, 2010 3:08 AM

r69, I've heard the same sort of rationalizations about the Pope.

by Anonymousreply 71April 13, 2010 3:09 AM

why was your friend fired?

by Anonymousreply 72April 13, 2010 3:09 AM

More, more, more R70!

I actually believe that Oprah was sexually abused.

by Anonymousreply 73April 13, 2010 3:12 AM

Addiction problems.

by Anonymousreply 74April 13, 2010 3:13 AM

[quote]It also takes a particularly potent strain of stupid to believe Kitty Kelly without question

???

Perhaps you could point out for us which lies she told in her biographies of Nancy Reagan and Frank Sinatra and the Windsors so we can see why we should doubt her on Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 75April 13, 2010 3:17 AM

Kelly's book on the Windsors is still banned in the UK due to the UK's defamation laws. Doesn't that mean it's full of lies?

by Anonymousreply 76April 13, 2010 3:20 AM

I knew a family member way back when Oprah first got her show and started talking about the abuse and so on. The friend said it was not true and the family was very hurt by it and they don't know why she said it.

by Anonymousreply 77April 13, 2010 3:21 AM

Oprah is smart not to have anything to do with that fucked up ass leaching family! Secrets! She resents the hell out of them.

And there is nothing wrong with having a big ego when you have done what Oprah had done in this world.

by Anonymousreply 78April 13, 2010 3:22 AM

A lot of people who were sexually abused are incapable of sexual connections as adults. Many women who are sexually abused develop close female friendships that are not sexual (for example, recall most lesbian relationships in the '80s), but that do provide intimacy.

Does anybody recall the lesbian couple who wrote to Dan Savage and told them they don't have sex anymore but they do have a date night every week where they did each individual chip from a jumbo bag of Doritos into cream cheese and then salsa? That is their sex substitute. Their coupledom involves being best friends.

THAT is the zone in which Oprah and Gayle operate. Steadman is there to look good on the chubby arm on those occasions when a woman needs a real man on her arm.

by Anonymousreply 79April 13, 2010 3:24 AM

[quote]that fucked up ass leaching family!

Oh [italic]dear.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 80April 13, 2010 3:24 AM

Well, r75...

Personally, I never believed that Laura Bush was a marijuana drug dealer.

by Anonymousreply 81April 13, 2010 3:26 AM

r70 here. To clarify, she was my neighbor. We weren't friends -- more nodding acquaintances. The day she was fired, she came stumbling off the elevator. We lived across the street from Harpo in the old Nabisco lofts.

She was let go because of insubordination, which now seems more interesting than it did then. She crossed her direct boss, not Oprah. For all the good things Oprah does for her employees and their families, she used to require the most ridiculous hours. "Jan" used to question why Harpo allowed students to work for free, which was in violation of some labor laws. "Jan" also questioned the recordkeeping of one of Oprah's foundations. "Jan" never doubted Oprah was abused, but thought all her stories were embellished.

Sorry I don't remember many details. Mostly "Jan" talked about how insecure Oprah was, especially -- and ridiculously -- around celebrities. The politics at Harpo seems toxic. And "Jan," who had a PhD from the U. of Chicago, was amazed by how not booksmart Oprah was (although "Jan" always said she'd trade 50 IQ points for 1/2 of Oprah's net worth).

by Anonymousreply 82April 13, 2010 3:29 AM

Like most celebs, Oprah might come off as narcissistic and entitled at times, but look at all the good she's done. She's donated countless millions to charities and philanthropic organizations, has brought once-taboo topics like sexual abuse, alcoholism, and homosexiality into the open, and has taught women how to take control of their lives and to be establish their own identities besides that of wife and mother. Despite some flaws, she's a great roll model for any young woman and for anyone who dares to dream about rising above their station in life. When you look at Oprah and all she's accomplished, you can really believe that anything is possible in life if you want it hard enough.

by Anonymousreply 83April 13, 2010 3:30 AM

Oprah seem to have a god complex. That is not normal.

by Anonymousreply 84April 13, 2010 3:30 AM

[quote]she's a great roll model

Oh, [italic]dear,[/italic] part deux.

by Anonymousreply 85April 13, 2010 3:34 AM

Thanks R70/82...great gossip!

by Anonymousreply 86April 13, 2010 3:34 AM

"When you look at Oprah and all she's accomplished, you can really believe that anything is possible in life if you want it hard enough."

Except weight loss &, in an ironic homage to James Frey, the truth.

by Anonymousreply 87April 13, 2010 3:39 AM

I appreciate that we all inhabit our own worlds on this planet we share, but in my world there is no reason for a self-aggrandizing, uninteresting, egotistical woman to be considered a great celebrity.

When people are famous for being famous, and build a cult of devotees, and control their image as if the brand is paramount reality, the risk of absurd corruption is so great that its' inevitable. All you have to do is look at the woman and see she is tortured, absolutely self-absorbed, and a complete monster. It's non-stop circus music in that head.

So I say it's fine for Kelley to have written a tell-all. Maybe some puncturing of the ego will help Winfrey rejoin the human race.

by Anonymousreply 88April 13, 2010 3:41 AM

[quote]Oprah seem to have a god complex. That is not normal

I imagine you have no problem with God having an Oprah complex, you racist.

by Anonymousreply 89April 13, 2010 3:44 AM

I wonder how many Harpo employees will be rushing the bookstores and Amazon in the next few days?

by Anonymousreply 90April 13, 2010 3:45 AM

R19, did you seriously just suggest that a modern American news organization doesn't consider celebrity gossip newsworthy??

When was the last time you watched the news, son?

by Anonymousreply 91April 13, 2010 3:45 AM

R83, I hate to use the term "fucking idiot" but in your case, it applies.

Oprah and her ilk are responsible for the dumbing down of our culture and for the severe narcissistic leanings of our younger generations. She hasn't done anything good, dear.

by Anonymousreply 92April 13, 2010 3:47 AM

It's great that people who come from humble, and often horrid beginnings can rise above it and achieve great things. It is not okay if you lie and hurt others to benefit yourself. Karma is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 93April 13, 2010 3:51 AM

[quote]I imagine you have no problem with God having an Oprah complex, you racist.

You are joking, right? Or are you mentally ill?

by Anonymousreply 94April 13, 2010 3:53 AM

Guess which?

by Anonymousreply 95April 13, 2010 3:58 AM

Oh, I know what you meant, r89. You racist, you.

by Anonymousreply 96April 13, 2010 4:01 AM

R79, you just made all sorts of stupid comments. Did you really write that shit?

"Many women who are sexually abused develop close female friendships that are not sexual(for example, recall most lesbian relationships in the '80s)"

WTF are you talking about? I'm a lesbian and I was a lesbian in the 1980s. I was a a lesbian who fucked women then and that's what I am now. Every lesbian I fucked was also a lesbian. Our relationships were not asexual friendships. It really kills me that people like you continue to live while nice, undeserving folks die every day.

And if Dan Savage wrote about a lesbian couple, he made them up.

by Anonymousreply 97April 13, 2010 4:05 AM

Oprah makes Diana Ross look like a saint. When Oprah doesn't get her way, she becomes into a temper tantrum diva.

by Anonymousreply 98April 13, 2010 4:11 AM

"has brought once-taboo topics like sexual abuse, alcoholism, and homosexiality into the open, and has taught women how to take control of their lives and to be establish their own identities besides that of wife and mother."

First- PHIL DONAHUE brought those issues to the public.

Second- Donahue was a feminist who had Gloria Steinem on his show all the time. Oprah has Suzanne Somers on hers. Who helped the cause of feminism?

by Anonymousreply 99April 13, 2010 4:17 AM

Let's face it people... Kitty Kelley is as good as dead.

by Anonymousreply 100April 13, 2010 4:25 AM

I agree, Phil Donahue was light years ahead of Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 101April 13, 2010 4:25 AM

Let's also remember when Oprah forced Donahue off the air, she was still doing a tabloid talk-show. Her show pandered for rating far more than Donahue's more substantive show did. Eventually Oprah decided to do a more dignified show, but it's still been pretty fluffy as far as content. And never political. She doesn't have the knowledge or the backbone to do the kind of political shows Donahue did.

by Anonymousreply 102April 13, 2010 4:36 AM

Oprah became famous because housewives could relate to her. Name one drop dead gorgeous woman who has had a successful afternoon talk show. If there is one, I couldn't come up with a name.

They made a religion out of following her weight struggles and rooting for someone who came from a poor background. Oprah was brilliant to tap into that market.

by Anonymousreply 103April 13, 2010 4:42 AM

Just wanted to add too that her book club got millions of women to read again. That's never a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 104April 13, 2010 4:43 AM

[quote]Oprah became famous because housewives could relate to her. Name one drop dead gorgeous woman who has had a successful afternoon talk show. If there is one, I couldn't come up with a name.

What about me?

Of course, I had to put on a fat suit in order to truly bond with the unfortunate creatures who are my viewers...

by Anonymousreply 105April 13, 2010 4:56 AM

This is a woman who is on the cover of every single issue of her magazine and has only ever allowed one other woman to grace the cover with her, Michelle Obama (whose husband she supported over fellow female Hilary Clinton). Megalomania is a given.

by Anonymousreply 106April 13, 2010 5:03 AM

If Oprah walks, the terrorists win.

by Anonymousreply 107April 13, 2010 5:11 AM

Really, r106?

by Anonymousreply 108April 13, 2010 5:14 AM

"Caller, you say what?"

by Anonymousreply 109April 13, 2010 5:28 AM

I think everyone should remember that this is a TV personality playing a role. She is able to connect with upper middle class white women by pretending to be just an average everyday gal. Reality check-she is a billionaire who hangs with the powerful and celebrities, movie stars etc.. She travels the world and has every whim and luxury indulged. She is a cheapskate, petty, a woman, who with her wealth, could do so much more for the unfortunate in our world.It seems her family only has anything to do with her for the crumbs she throws. Does the book discuss her relationship with Dr. Phil, the massive spending on meaningless crap, the bullshit that some(not all)Harpo employees have to endure,Connie Chung, Rosie, Obama, sexless Stedman etc? Supposedly, she's very shallow but extremely savvy.

by Anonymousreply 110April 13, 2010 5:50 AM

I agree r110, for all the praise she gets for her philanthropy, the fact is she has mostly hoarded her money, quite selfishly. Look at how much she *hasn't* given, she's amassed a nearly 3 billion dollar fortune.

Remember that sister she let die in relative poverty? The split came when Oprah offered to pay off the dump her sister was living in, and the sister had the temerity to request a new house instead. Oprah was outraged at her ingratitude, and cut her off completely after that. Bitch, that would've been like pocket change to you. You should've bought her a new house, what would it have been to you? She is a skinflint, I agree.

by Anonymousreply 111April 13, 2010 6:13 AM

Can anyone tell me what else she donates to besides Africa? That is all I ever hear about Oprah and charity.

by Anonymousreply 112April 13, 2010 6:22 AM

Like everything else associated with Oprah, her charity work has been corporatized and is just another avenue for her to shill a product. It's called "Angel Network" or something equally as vacuous.

by Anonymousreply 113April 13, 2010 6:32 AM

Those third-person quotations in the headline are so hilarious. They make me think of Homer Simpson when he dresses up as Homercles: "Come to Homercles! Homercles cares not for beans!"

by Anonymousreply 114April 13, 2010 6:34 AM

I'm very sure Oprah's tax people tell her an amount to give to charities for a write off. I'm so glad this show is FINALLY going off the air. The only thing good about it is the camp value! I wish Oprah would just go away.

by Anonymousreply 115April 13, 2010 6:49 AM

As with all celeb tell-alls, I believe a lot of it. I certainly believe that Oprah is a raging diva bitch at times, and I'm sure a lot of the stories are true.

But, I think SOME of it is stretched a bit, exaggerated by jealous, angry, or bitter individuals.

by Anonymousreply 116April 13, 2010 7:12 AM

[quote] Just wanted to add too that her book club got millions of women to read again.

Buying books and reading them are two very different things. I wonder how many housewives actually read the Faulkner book that was her selection one month.

by Anonymousreply 117April 13, 2010 8:16 AM

Why did she try so hard to become a Zulu when it was proven genetically that she isn't one?

by Anonymousreply 118April 13, 2010 11:34 AM

The Made-For-TV Movie of KK's book would be a hoot and an instant camp classic. Too bad we'll never see it.

by Anonymousreply 119April 13, 2010 11:39 AM

That antique store owner just didn't use his head. All he had to do was drop a line of chocolate Turtles on the ground leading back across the street to his store and Okrah would have looked like she was running a 10K to get over there, bending at the waste every few feet to grab and engulf her sweets on the way. When you're dealing with a huge beast you must be sensitive to the ways of their species. You must use animal psychology. That man simply let his guard down. I do applaud his partner though, for calling a pig a pig. They should have thrown hot grease on Okrah and her entourage.

by Anonymousreply 120April 13, 2010 12:09 PM

You know what happens to liars, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 121April 13, 2010 12:11 PM

Oprah does not adopt orphans! Oprah adopts cockroaches!

by Anonymousreply 122April 13, 2010 12:32 PM

R120 that was a good one! Quite frankly I hate okra and all he self righteous BS!!

by Anonymousreply 123April 13, 2010 12:37 PM

Throw hot grease on okrah!?!? That's outrageous, R120! How dare you say something like that? Everyone knows okrah must be properly seasoned and floured before frying.

by Anonymousreply 124April 13, 2010 12:50 PM

The only reason DL hates Oprah is because she is a fat, black woman who can't sing. If she could sing, all would be forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 125April 13, 2010 12:53 PM

Bending at the "waste"? You have no reason to feel superior or compare others to animals; you're clearly functioning at a primate level yourself.

by Anonymousreply 126April 13, 2010 1:00 PM

I'll take singing classes right away, R125!

by Anonymousreply 127April 13, 2010 1:04 PM

I don't care of she's fat, black and likes to fuck ponies. She's just a big phony and always has been. This is why we hate the fraus. They are so fucking stupid!

by Anonymousreply 128April 13, 2010 1:30 PM

That's not why you hate fraus, R128.

But whatever about Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 129April 13, 2010 1:36 PM

I love the idea of enraged third-person Oprah. I picture her on a Hulk-like rampage through Manhattan, yelling, "OPRAH SMASH!" as she flings taxicabs at tanks.

by Anonymousreply 130April 13, 2010 1:40 PM

[quote]She's just a big phony and always has been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 13, 2010 1:42 PM

This pretty much sums it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 13, 2010 1:47 PM

"I thought Oprah was closer to her father than her mother, what happened?"

Her dad wanted to write a biography on Oprah.

The talk queen tells us she's "shocked" and "disappointed" that she had to hear it from the Daily News that her 74-year-old pop, Vernon, is writing a book about her.

Winfrey said she laughed recently when "one of my assistants said, 'The Daily News is calling. They say they heard your father is writing a book about you.' I said, 'That's impossible. I can assure them it's not true.'

"But then my sister said, 'I think you should call your father.' I called him and it turned out he is writing a book. The worst part of it was him saying, 'I meant to tell you I've been working on it.'"

Winfrey, 53, confided, "I was upset. I won't say 'devastated,' but I was stunned."

"The last person in the world to be doing a book about me is Vernon Winfrey," she added. "The last person."

by Anonymousreply 133April 13, 2010 1:51 PM

Yep r132, that's my favorite. When I first saw that I was laughing so hard I was crying.

It's missing a little bit that preceded it before the commercial break. She said something like "$10,452! That's how much money I made in the time it took to say that!"

by Anonymousreply 134April 13, 2010 1:55 PM

I've hated her ever since she let Tom Cruise jump on her couch and promote his fake romance with Katie Holmes

by Anonymousreply 135April 13, 2010 1:57 PM

[quote} Can anyone tell me what else she donates to besides Africa? That is all I ever hear about Oprah and charity.

Oprah has three charities which you can find on the oprah.com site. What you won't find is how mismanaged they are.

by Anonymousreply 136April 13, 2010 2:39 PM

I suppose a lot of it could go to charity when she dies, since she doesn't have any heirs. She could say it if that's the case. Bill Gates says most of his billions will go to charity. His kids will just get enough to make them comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 137April 13, 2010 2:46 PM

This entire book is unofficially Oprah approved. No real juicy bits are going to come out. Don't be so f*ucking naive people!

by Anonymousreply 138April 13, 2010 2:48 PM

I didn't know that Vernon Winfrey wasn't Oprah's biological father. That's news to me.

by Anonymousreply 139April 13, 2010 2:49 PM

Why do I feel this will shortly become part of Kathy Griffin's stand-up act?

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2010 2:58 PM

"And give the women this much credit, she knew to turn her show around and start inspiring people on a daily basis, and try to make the world a better place. Did Jenny Jones do that? Has Maury Povich ever given that a thought in his feeble minded brain?

NO!!!!'

Oh shut up, you screaming retarded Mary. She's just a fucking celebrity who likes to pass herself off as a "caring", benevolent humanitarian. It's good for her career and image and no doubt she gets her ego stroked by twits like you who actually buy into her bullshit.

I don't think Oprah Winfrey gives a fuck about anybody but herself and possibly her good "friend" Gayle King.

And I've seen Oprah episodes that are just as excruciating to watch as Jerry Springer and Maury Povich. Those shrieking, squealing middle-aged women who wet their pants whenever a male celebrity goes on her show make me want to puke.

by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2010 3:05 PM

[quote]Oprah makes Diana Ross look like a saint. When Oprah doesn't get her way, she becomes into a temper tantrum diva.

Did anybody see Tyler Perry and Janet Jackson on her show last week? He surprised her by having his studio sign that lame to no phone pledge. She told him, "thanks for a surprise that I can handle", it was very strange. She seems paranoid. If something doesnt go according to plan she probably fires 10 people on the spot.

I wonder if she is still supporting Stedman's daughter who is an alcoholic. I have a hard time understanding why he is even around.

And I also think she paid James Frey a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 142April 13, 2010 3:13 PM

R142 I wrote in another thread that Oprah is very emotionally repressed and has a low self-image after all these years which is why she guards her privacy to the extent that she does. (People forget that she went to Hermes to buy Tina Turner a gift before a planned engagement. It was like she felt she had to give Turner something in order to feel worthy.) What happened with Vernon has made her withdraw further. Gayle King is the only person that Oprah feels she can totally trust. If something were to happen to Gayle she would probably commit suicide or become a recluse.

by Anonymousreply 143April 13, 2010 3:38 PM

What about her mother? Why is she closed off from her? And her siblings?

by Anonymousreply 144April 13, 2010 3:43 PM

Her mom made her sleep outside within a screened porch while her younger, lighter complexion sister slept inside. Her mother didn't protect her as a child. Bad feelings between the two but Oprah still provides for her but they aren't spending Thanksgiving together.

by Anonymousreply 145April 13, 2010 4:14 PM

This thread is my "Crash" moment.

by Anonymousreply 146April 13, 2010 4:24 PM

i knew the moment she started stumping for Obama that he would win the primary.

They're peas in a pod: vain, arrogant and completely besotted by their self-image but underneath very damaged and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 147April 13, 2010 4:25 PM

[quote]They're peas in a pod: vain, arrogant and completely besotted by their self-image but underneath very damaged and insecure.

Project much, Frausow?

by Anonymousreply 148April 13, 2010 4:29 PM

I don't get any sense of Obama being damaged or insecure.

by Anonymousreply 149April 13, 2010 4:40 PM

R147, that is common for a lot of people who were traumatized as youth. I applaud them for surviving and succeeeding verses becoming a couple of drug addled fuck-ups.

by Anonymousreply 150April 13, 2010 4:43 PM

As a former flight attendant, I've been telling people for years that Oprah is a real prize when traveling as well.

No problem if you're black. She may deign to talk through her assistant to you.

If you're white, don't even THINK about making conversation.

I have friends that have had to endure having her on their flights and she 'll insist on having black flight attendants (if on board) serve her.

So I have no trouble believing that she refers to herself in the 3rd person, and is miserable to boot. She makes Madonna seem overly gregarious.

by Anonymousreply 151April 13, 2010 4:44 PM

I think when people say things like "...but underneath very damaged and insecure" about the wealthy and the powerful, it's only to make oneself feel good. I'm damaged (not very) and insecure and I would happily remain so with a 3 billion dollar net fortune. Money and success don't make those traits go away, it only enhances them. So, to me, it makes sense that she's paranoid, insecure, distrustful, and still generous.

by Anonymousreply 152April 13, 2010 4:44 PM

R151 very interesting since most of her staff at Harpo is white.

by Anonymousreply 153April 13, 2010 4:47 PM

She's not the only celebrity to refer to herself in the third person. I've heard Britney do this in interviews and several other people too. I think it's fucked up.

And I agree with the poster who said she's not booksmart. I've never been a regular viewer but watched an episode where Frank Rich was the guest. I was floored by her poor interview skills and lack of intelligence. I can't remember exactly but she was very confused by a simple detail.

And I'm sorry to be naive but why is she so powerful that people are terrified of her? I mean, has she crushed people and institutions before that have dared cross her (besides underlings and antiques shops)? Are her acts of vengeance on record?

by Anonymousreply 154April 13, 2010 5:05 PM

R70- it sounds like the employee neighbor is the crazy one. Fired for insubordination (to another employee) and drunk and raving- uh huh, definite proof of Oprah's craziness.

This thread is full of the very stuff, in spades, being ascribed to Oprah.

I don't think any of us know the reality, and I don't think Kitty Kelly does either.

Just a case of the not so anything going after those who have great success and wealth- they HAVE to be horrible, right?

Anyone here want to give and example of a really wealthy and/or powerful person who they admire and think to be a good person?

by Anonymousreply 155April 13, 2010 5:43 PM

"I have friends that have had to endure having her on their flights..."

How can it be "their flights" when she flies her own jet?

I also have a hard time with the discriminating attitude toward white people. (John Tesh! Roger Ebert! the president of her company! Her producers! her former boss who gave her her big break!) Oprah has never said anything about white people treating her badly.

by Anonymousreply 156April 13, 2010 5:55 PM

I actually like Gayle a lot more than Oprah. I caught her show on Sirius/XM radio and listen when I can.

Anyone else listen? I'll have to check it out today to see if she says anything about the book.

by Anonymousreply 157April 13, 2010 6:03 PM

R155... Jamie Johnson

by Anonymousreply 158April 13, 2010 6:11 PM

A lot of hate in this thread for no real reason. For some reason rich white guys never get this kind of vitriol. It's always white women and people of color who do well who get this kind of crap thrown at them.

by Anonymousreply 159April 13, 2010 6:17 PM

[quote]A lot of hate in this thread for no real reason. For some reason rich white guys Except for Donald Trump, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and O'Reilly.

by Anonymousreply 160April 13, 2010 6:22 PM

I don't have a problem with putting Oprah in with Trump but I can't compare her to Beck, Limbaugh, or O'Reilly. I've never known her to actively campaign against the basic rights or anyone.

by Anonymousreply 161April 13, 2010 6:38 PM

Beck, Limbaugh and O'Reilly are not hated for having money or some sense of entitlement.

by Anonymousreply 162April 13, 2010 6:43 PM

The accusation was that we don't criticize rich white men. The truth is that we ridicule rich white men on a daily basis.

by Anonymousreply 163April 13, 2010 6:44 PM

He wasn't comparing Oprah to Beck, Limbaugh and O'Reilly, R161. He was listing them as examples of rich white men who are targets of our vitriol to show that we do not limit our attacks to women and people of color as was suggested by the previous poster.

He could have added Sean Hannity, Jay Leno, Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest to that list.

by Anonymousreply 164April 13, 2010 6:48 PM

Also Bono and Sting.

by Anonymousreply 165April 13, 2010 6:54 PM

R160,not to this extent. R159 is right.

by Anonymousreply 166April 13, 2010 6:56 PM

Much like Madonna, none of us can really know what it's like to have *their* type of lives.

They are "god-like" to millions of people.

Oprah helped get a President elected!

To read that she is spoiled, pretentious, rude, arrogant, caring, giving, impolite sounds about right for a human being.

Slightly enlightened, yet the basic human instincts shine through.

This single woman lives in a 50,000 square foot home. I know she gives to charity, but why would anyone on Earth, unless you were a megalomaniac, choose to live like this?

Go to a Madonna concert and see it from her eyes and look out to a crowd of 80,000 screaming fans crying when you come near them.

Flawed humans with money, power and fame.

Nothing more, nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 167April 13, 2010 7:02 PM

Oprah made her money exploiting the downtrodden, like Jerry Springer, and promoting magical thinking. She's charitabe, as someone with her money should, but in the big cheque look at me way.

I love that this book exists and that somebody is turning the spotlight on her failings. LOOOOOOOVE IT!

by Anonymousreply 168April 13, 2010 7:07 PM

[quote]The Made-For-TV Movie of KK's book would be a hoot and an instant camp classic. Too bad we'll never see it.

And I should be the one to play her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 13, 2010 7:09 PM

I totally thought that was a mini-Oprah when I saw her on Flash Forward, R169!

Perfect casting.

by Anonymousreply 170April 13, 2010 7:21 PM

I am glad that Oprah is finally walking away from her syndicated TV show. Even though it is time for her to retire. I know that she has the Oprah Winfrey Network coming up. I wonder how long will her network will last.

by Anonymousreply 171April 13, 2010 7:27 PM

R155/Charlie - there's nothing in R70's post that says the neighbor was fired for insubordination to another employee. Where on earth did you get that?

You need to put the Jack Daniels back in the liquor cabinet for a while.

Having lived and worked in Hollywood for decades, I'm always amused when people absolutely refuse to believe anything negative about their cherished idols. The vile behavior ascribed to the Big O doesn't shock me in the least.

by Anonymousreply 172April 13, 2010 7:43 PM

[quote]She's not the only celebrity to refer to herself in the third person. I've heard Britney do this in interviews and several other people too. I think it's fucked up.

It certainly is not fucked up. I invented it and don't you forget it, kiddo!

by Anonymousreply 173April 13, 2010 7:52 PM

R172, R70 posted later that the neighbor was fired for insubordination.

by Anonymousreply 174April 13, 2010 7:53 PM

"Oprah needs more fried chicken and Spanx"

"Art, get in the kitchen, bitch."

by Anonymousreply 175April 13, 2010 8:01 PM

R172, R70 posted in R82 insubordination.

Pretty silly couple of posts.

Oprah is not a cherished idol of mine- she is a hugely successful talk show host simetime actress producer, publisher and mega celebrity.

I have perhaps seen her show on TV once or twice in all the years it has been on.

Loved her in Color Purple- wish she had continued more as an actress. Much of the health advice "expertise" she has supported is anything but... on the other hand, I admire what I know of her life and her success. I also admire Katie Couric, and Matt Lauer, and, oh, David Letterman. No more, no less.

I have no idea what she is like. I DO know that I am not getting much credibility or accuracy on this thread- in fact, well South of poor quality Enquirer- gossip on a DL thread, mostly valuable for the laughs- Sometimes depressing due to the unprovoked and unwarrented anger expressed. Fair amount of that here.

Says more about the poster than the intended topic.

by Anonymousreply 176April 13, 2010 8:07 PM

unwarranted, oops

by Anonymousreply 177April 13, 2010 8:18 PM

Hello, R172!! Read R82 which was a continuation of R70... Gee, I see why your career as a sound grip worked out better than as a rocket scientist.

by Anonymousreply 178April 13, 2010 9:51 PM

[quote]Beck, Limbaugh and O'Reilly are not hated for having money or some sense of entitlement.

What complete horseshit.

Limbaugh and Beck are cosntantly ridiculed here for how much money they make, and how they use it to feed their drug addictions; O'Reilly is constantly mocked for how he milks his Harvard Club of NY membership more than anyone else despite the fact he only has a degree from the Business school.

by Anonymousreply 179April 13, 2010 10:03 PM

[quote]For some reason rich white guys never get this kind of vitriol.

Yes, all you have to do is look at Datalounge to see how wealthy white men like Donald Trump, James Cameron, David Geffen, Tom Cruise, Maury Povich, Larry King, etc. are just given a completely free pass here!

You're so right to cry "racism," and you sound completely fair and balanced and hinged in doing so.

by Anonymousreply 180April 13, 2010 10:06 PM

Okay, can we re-rail this de-railed thread?

Oprah. Oprah. Oprah.

Did we know that Vernon wasn't her biological father? I mean, was this already established and the shocking news is only that KK knows who her bio dad actually is? Because I swear, I had NO idea that Vernon wasn't her dad.

Also, does anyone know how many siblings Winfrey had? I think a half-sister from her mom and a half-brother through her dad, but is that all?

by Anonymousreply 181April 13, 2010 10:24 PM

[quote]Did we know that Vernon wasn't her biological father?

I had never heard that before; however, I haven't seen the show in years.

by Anonymousreply 182April 13, 2010 10:27 PM

I have a friend that used to be concierge at a luxury hotel, where Oprah would visit occasionally with Steadman.

She and Steadman got separate rooms on separate floors, every time.

And women stayed the night with Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 183April 13, 2010 10:29 PM

[quote}And women stayed the night with Oprah.

But the women are understandable. Someone has to walk and do stairs for her.

by Anonymousreply 184April 13, 2010 10:33 PM

Hasn't Oprah confessed to having slumber parties with her friends?

by Anonymousreply 185April 13, 2010 10:35 PM

Isn't Oprah a little long in the tooth to be having slumber parties with her friends?

by Anonymousreply 186April 13, 2010 10:46 PM

r181 we probably will never know for many reasons.

Chris Rock's wife was on her show today, she cut her off at the end of the show when she was signing the no phone pledge with Mary J Blige. She seems especially tense these days. I think she will blow up on someone before her daytime show ends. Is it all because of this book?

r157, I like Gayle too. I wish her talk show would have taken off. But she knows what side her bread is buttered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187April 13, 2010 11:15 PM

"She and Steadman got separate rooms on separate floors, every time."

I'm not saying it's not true, but that would be so easy to make public, I'm surprised it isn't well known. Plus, if true, Oprah's not trying to hide anything if this is what she does every time. Why wouldn't she get a two or three bedroom suite and no one would be the wiser about who was in her bed?

by Anonymousreply 188April 13, 2010 11:20 PM

[quote][R157], I like Gayle too. I wish her talk show would have taken off. But she knows what side her bread is buttered.

Oprah has them butter both sides.

by Anonymousreply 189April 13, 2010 11:28 PM

R187 I noticed the same thing when she was talking to Mary J. She seems very unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 190April 13, 2010 11:36 PM

R188, I think she rents several rooms on several floors for her, Steadman, and her entourage while in my city...all in her name.

It's only that there were nosy bellhops witnessing that Steadman would go into one particular room on a separate floor from Oprah. They also claimed that at times Steadman had a guy with him.

by Anonymousreply 191April 13, 2010 11:48 PM

[quote]"She and Steadman got separate rooms on separate floors, every time." [italic]I'm not saying it's not true, but that would be so easy to make public[/italic]

Sometimes people just don't bother to mention such things.

When Art Garfunkel goes on a concert tour, he has nine people with him. They insist that the ten people all must have a room on a different floor of a hotel. One of the concert venues was in a city where they had no hotels above 6 stories. Thus four of them stayed at other locations.

by Anonymousreply 192April 13, 2010 11:52 PM

[quote]I like Gayle too.

Why? I'm sure she's a lovely on her own but I have never seen a person so devoid of a personality. Everything she does and says is about Oprah. She was on GMA this morning talking about Oprah. Her "job" is Oprah. So bizarre and kinda sad. Yeah she gets the perks but I wouldn't be suprised if she ends up resenting her in their golden years.

by Anonymousreply 193April 13, 2010 11:53 PM

15 years from now when Gayle decides to write the book, we'll get the inside scoop that Kitty missed.

by Anonymousreply 194April 13, 2010 11:58 PM

r193, I think Oprah is the one with more of a personality void, even though they are very much alike. Gayle, unlike Oprah, does not seem asexual. I agree that she does resent her, Oprah has made some of Gayle's ex boyfriends sign confidentiality agreements. But like r143 said, they both need each other. They are like sisters if anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 14, 2010 12:28 AM

More details from the Kitty Kelley bio (as detailed in yesterday's USAToday story on the book):

*Oprah and Gayle affectionately call each other sometimes by very strange pet names: Gayle calls Oprah "Negro" sometimes, and Oprah calls Gayle "Blackie" (Oprah and Gayle freely admitted this on a Valentine day's segment of her show called "Girlfriends")

*Although most of her friends describe Oprah's relationship with Stedman as unaffectionate and (as far as they can tell) sexless, they also say that Stedman is "the grounding force of her life"

*Oprah became very close friends with many of the people who worked on The Color Purple (including Whoopi Goldberg, Steven Spielberg, and Alice Walker), and has since fallen out with almost all of them

by Anonymousreply 196April 14, 2010 12:40 AM

Interesting about Art Garfunkel, R192.

by Anonymousreply 197April 14, 2010 12:44 AM

[quote]Oprah and Gayle affectionately call each other sometimes by very strange pet names: Gayle calls Oprah "Negro" sometimes, and Oprah calls Gayle "Blackie"

That's not that unusual among some black people.

by Anonymousreply 198April 14, 2010 12:56 AM

It's "dessert", R3. A "desert" is a sandy place where plants cannot grow.

As in, the "Sahara desert".

Just thought that you might want to know the difference. I don't mean to be snarky or sarcastic. It's just a matter of one "s" making a huge difference.

by Anonymousreply 199April 14, 2010 12:57 AM

Oprah hits 200 posts!

by Anonymousreply 200April 14, 2010 1:02 AM

Can someone please explain what the "no phone" thing is about? I am completely lost. Ta.

by Anonymousreply 201April 14, 2010 1:04 AM

[quote]*Oprah and Gayle affectionately call each other sometimes by very strange pet names: Gayle calls Oprah "Negro" sometimes, and Oprah calls Gayle "Blackie" (Oprah and Gayle freely admitted this on a Valentine day's segment of her show called "Girlfriends")

My best friend of thirty years and I call each other things that would make Jesse James blush. And who knew Art Garfunkel could afford nine people on his payroll?

by Anonymousreply 202April 14, 2010 1:14 AM

Srsly R202, that's the most normal thing I've ever heard about Oprah.

I have a close friend and all we do is come up with creative dirty offensive nicknames for each other. My name for him this week is "Skunk Cunt".

by Anonymousreply 203April 14, 2010 1:19 AM

I know a straight married couple who call each other loving, adoring, names when they are mad as hell at each other. Otherwise, it's just Joan and Roger.

by Anonymousreply 204April 14, 2010 1:44 AM

[quote] She and Steadman got separate rooms on separate floors, every time.

Maybe Oprah got tired of Steadman farting and pushing her head under the covers?

by Anonymousreply 205April 14, 2010 1:55 AM

I have a feeling Oprah does not do dick either.

by Anonymousreply 206April 14, 2010 3:00 AM

Does the Kelly bio refer to Oprah's former very close relationship with that fraud Ramtha? Ramtha taught Oprah all she needed to know about how to create a cult mentality. I remember hearing years and years ago that they were lovers.

by Anonymousreply 207April 14, 2010 3:43 AM

by Anonymousreply 208April 14, 2010 3:44 PM

Never heard of Ramtha.

by Anonymousreply 209April 15, 2010 12:28 AM

"Oprah has not met a lady she hasn't like fingered. I mean, Oprah hasn't met a lady finger she hasn't liked."

by Anonymousreply 210April 15, 2010 1:10 AM

[quote] Never heard of Ramtha.

I thought he was the guy behind Linda Evans and her descent into crazytown.

by Anonymousreply 211April 15, 2010 1:17 AM

wonder if she is still supporting Stedman's daughter who is an alcoholic. I have a hard time understanding why he is even around.

And I also think she paid James Frey a fortune.

^^^^^^^^^Why would ORCA support his daughter. I'd think Steadman makes enough to do that doesn't he?

Why would she have paid Frey "a fortune"? For what? Raking him over the coals? Someone plz explain.

by Anonymousreply 212April 15, 2010 3:15 AM

I remember Ramtha....is she still bestest friends with Linda Evans?

by Anonymousreply 213April 15, 2010 5:48 AM

Does this mean that Kitty Kelley can now do a raw, exposed, hard-core book on MaDonna? Can't Wait for the real Truth....

by Anonymousreply 214April 15, 2010 5:54 AM

"Oprah does not walk!", "Oprah does not do stairs!"

AND? She and half of the world. Lots of people don't walk or do stairs. WTF are the point of cars and escalators/elevators then?

by Anonymousreply 215April 15, 2010 6:25 AM

Maybe Oprah was simply trying to be entertaining...

by Anonymousreply 216April 15, 2010 6:31 AM

Love this quote from a letter she wrote in 1976 before she got her show in Chicago. Modest even then:

"As you probably know or maybe don’t know, I am a big Diana Ross fan – when I was a little girl growing up in the ghetto with only dreams for companions – I wanted so much to be Dianna Ross or just somebody’s supreme. But I want you to know had THE Diana Ross sang the “Oprah Song” – it would not have meant as much to me as having you do it. Not only was the song beautiful but – I felt it was also sincere.

I was so moved and will never ever forget it – or you.

Just as I know that it is indeed the master’s Hand that keeps me from falling – and that he has laid his hands on me and that is why I am so blessed. I know Lloyd that you too have been “chosen”.

You’re a very special person. Your light so shines that we all can see. Thank you for your support – I know there is much joy ahead for you.

Love – Oprah”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217April 15, 2010 8:29 AM

Really, 200 posts and no one mentions Kitty Kelly's assertion that Oprah did the nasty with . . . John Tesh?

And that he put an end to their relationship because he looked down in bed and saw her black body laying next to his white one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 15, 2010 12:07 PM

Why are your quotation marks everywhere, r217?

by Anonymousreply 219April 15, 2010 12:37 PM

I picked up the latest issue of Oprah's magazine and there's a huge fold out spread where she comments on all her favorite "O" covers, which, as we all know, are photos of HERSELF It's all, "I love myself in those shoes." "I love my hair." "I love my hat".

Nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 220April 16, 2010 9:44 AM

The biggest love affair The Oprah has is with The Oprah. She does the equivalent of eating her own snatch every day on TV. When she moves to cable, it will be her snatch, 24/7. Blackie looks like Negro wants to look, and Negro is as rich as Blackie would like to be. Versatile lesbians share the strap-on.

by Anonymousreply 221April 16, 2010 11:31 AM

R218 ~ "He put an end to their relationship because he looked down in bed and saw her black body laying next to his white one..."

If he'd seen Beyonce laying there, however, his reaction would have been completely different.

by Anonymousreply 222April 16, 2010 11:52 AM

R132's link is sublime. I miss Debra Wilson (and Stephanie Weir, for that matter).

by Anonymousreply 223April 16, 2010 1:51 PM

The only thing that Oprah really does is Gayle.

by Anonymousreply 224April 18, 2010 4:59 AM

I remember Oprah interviewing Hillary Clinton on her show right after Clinton was elected 18 years ago. I was embarrased for her because she barely let the new First Lady get a word in edgewise. She continuously cut her off, talked over her, and was just disrespectful She came off as being very arrogant then.

A couple of bits of Chicago gossip. I had a friend who was a flight attendant w/ American who had enough seniority to work first class. She said Oprah would never address the crew nor allow herself to be asked run-of-the mill questions (what would you like to drink?) All communication had to go through her assistant. Presumably, this was before she acquired her plane. This happened 18-20 years ago.

I knew a guy who worked out at the same gym as Stedman and he said that Stedman was a horndog around the gym. His preference: Latinas. This guy wasn't much of a gossip and I can't think of why he would make this up.

by Anonymousreply 225April 18, 2010 6:28 AM

r225, Latinas or Latinos?

by Anonymousreply 226April 18, 2010 6:35 AM

He said Latinas. Females. He may still be bi for all I know.

by Anonymousreply 227April 18, 2010 6:43 AM

I once read an awesome gossip website that was extremely on target. Almost everything the lady stated she spilled the beans before anyone else did. She was one of the early ones who said Lance Bass is defiantly gay and she stood by her claim before he came out. She said, Ricky Martin was in the closet when Barbara Walters was asking if it was true, or not, and he wouldn’t answer her. Her amazing gossip was the tip of the iceberg her website stated. She also said that Oprah was a lesbian, and she said she stood by her claim. Eventually, the web page was removed. The same gossip site said, Diane Sawyer was a lesbian who had an affair with mystery writer, Patricia Cromwell who is a major dike.

Another thing, once Gayle surprised Oprah by bringing her to her childhood home. Oprah looked pissed! I watched the program with my mother, and we were both speechless! It was a small track home. Oprah’s old room was really small, but it was far from dirt floors. We heard her say dirt floors, and extreme poverty over and over again on previous shows, but that show revealed it was obvious the woman was and is a liar! My mother lost respect for her after that.

Kitty Kelly’s book on Frank Sintatra was extremely well researched and 100% truthful. However, when she wrote the biography on Nancy Regan and some others, she wrote the biographies in half-truth and half lie. So she lost creditability. Why did Kitty Kelly do that is strange? In contrast, I think this Oprah biography is supposed to be really truthful. I watched O’Reily interview Kitty Kelly last week. He said that he never talked to Kelly, and she paused not saying a word. She claimed she sent him an email. He said, well maybe my staff didn’t give me the message, but I truly don’t know anything about it. Kitty Kelly wanted him to speak to her on the tiny rift he had with Oprah some years back he said, he was on her show and they got over it. He said, in honesty, Oprah does a lot of good, charitable things for people, but he agrees that Oprah is so powerful that people are afraid to interview Kitty Kelly. Anyone on TV like O’ Riley knows behind the scenes stuff much more than the public so I believe him. Kitty Kelly said, that Oprah dose a lot of charity, but it is to build up her humanitarian image.

Why the hell did Oprah gloat in one of her shows how she loves to shop at Bergdorfgoodman Those who aren’t familiar with BergdorfGoodman, the cheapest thing is a key chain costing $400. She shoved this info about herself to loyal watchers who are on a budget shopping at JCPenny’s? What a jackass! I remember when she had the princess of Monte Carlo on her show some years back, and she said to the audience, you address her this way, and showing off how well connected she is. I think it’s obvious the woman shows her true colors when she tackily boasts about her Jet Set life here and there. Oprah has air-conditioned doghouses, and she once owned original furnishings from the Place of Versailles, which is worth astronomically! On the same token, I hate it when she tries to act like, well I’m just one of you.

About the sexual abuse, a lot of people claim nowadays that they were abused because it is very in to make that claim. Look at McKenzie Phillips, no one knows if it is true, but it created a lot of attention and drama. Roseanne, who I consider just plain nuts, claimed both parents sexually abused her, yet she made up with them a bit recently. Why the hell would you make up with those who sexual abuse you? I know personally of people who have stated that they were sexually abused when they were kids, and it was proven to be bogus! I’m not saying everyone are lairs who make these claims, no way! Look at all the priests who molested the children, and many others like Lana Turner’s daughter who sadly was a victim of genuine sexual abuse. I’m just saying that it stinks those who embellish to create attention, drama, and embellish the truth are taking advantage of those who are genuine victims. It is just a slap in the face.

by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2010 8:34 AM

Thank you r223 & r132

Debra wilson and Stephanie Weir are goddess. I forgot how great MadTV was

by Anonymousreply 229April 18, 2010 11:01 AM

[quote]Patricia Cromwell who is a major dike.

It's DYKE, you dyck.

by Anonymousreply 230April 18, 2010 11:11 AM

Interesting stuff, R228, but you can't spel for shitt.

Oprah lied about sexual abuse but I don't think Phillips or Roseanne did.

by Anonymousreply 231April 18, 2010 12:55 PM

213, JZ Knight claims to channel Ramtha, not Linda Evans.

by Anonymousreply 232April 18, 2010 12:57 PM

L'affaire de James Frey should have been the tipoff that Oprah had also "elasticized" the truth. His exposure was a little too close to home.

by Anonymousreply 233April 18, 2010 1:17 PM

R228, what kind of a brilliant gossip did it take to figure out Lance Bass and Ricky Martin were gay? That was a pure duh!

The Diane Sawyer talk has been around for maybe 20 years.

And trust me you can buy someting cheaper than $400 at Bergdorf Goodman.

You seem a bit easily impressed.

There are many people who make up past sexual abuse - both deliberately and through manipulation by others. There is a whole school of psychology that sells the notion that your current physical and emotional pains can be cured if you can trace it back to the child sexual abuse you must have suffered and have somehow forgotten. If you can just remember it then you can be free of all this pain. Now can you imagine the damage that results from some 35 year old man trying to figure out the who, when and what of his alleged abuse 20 years earlier? If you think that prosecutors don't take that recovered "memory", try and convict people on the basis of that then think again. Very scary.

I still think it was despicable for Phillips to do this after her father died. I have no idea if it's the truth or not but considering how unreliable a historian she is for obvious reasons I don't think we will ever really know what happened or how and its extent.

by Anonymousreply 234April 18, 2010 2:49 PM

Junkies lie.

by Anonymousreply 235April 18, 2010 3:46 PM

I'm reading the book but it is insanely dull. Truth be told, I'm not a huge Oprah fan and was hoping for a "Mommie Dearest" hatchet job. Instead it's just people saying, "Oh, she had a lot of ambition, alright!" and giving very pedestrian anecdotes.

I don't think I'll be finishing it. Anyone else reading the thing care to comment on it?

by Anonymousreply 236April 18, 2010 4:14 PM

Can't read this whole thread-so much hatred and bitterness for this woman. Oprah is human,just like the rest of us and has evolved into a better person over time. Which is more than can be said for Kitty Kelly and a bunch of bitter queens who don't know her. Shame on you all!

by Anonymousreply 237April 18, 2010 4:43 PM

I read it R236, but skipped large sections that just gave the titles of shows and what they were about which seemed like a lot of the book. Kelley just didn't seem to have enough personal info to write a biography.

I was really disappointed that there was hardly anything in there that I didn't already read in the Enquirer. I think Oprah's non-disclosure agreements really scare people.

I was also surprised that there was very little about Gayle and her children, considering Gayle is the most important thing in her life.

The one thing I found interesting was Vernon Winfrey's claims that he doesn't like Gayle at all, and that Gayle called him and chewed him out when he wanted to write a book about his life.

by Anonymousreply 238April 18, 2010 5:15 PM

R66, I believe you. I also think that her giving birth very young is pretty well documented. If there had been a guy she was having sex with voluntarily when she got pregnant, Kelley would have tracked him down. That would have been the real bombshell of the book. Incest is often covered up in families and the way Oprah lived, with her mother in another town, no father that she knew and living with her uncle, she was vulnerable for incest.

by Anonymousreply 239April 18, 2010 9:42 PM

R151, that info must be very old. Oprah has said herself that she has not flown commercial since 1991. I only remember because I was so jealous that she didn't have to go through all the crap the rest of us do when she flies.

by Anonymousreply 240April 18, 2010 10:00 PM

R193, did you ever see the shows that Oprah did on her road trip with Gayle? Gayle definitely had a personality. She was getting very short with Oprah after they had been on the road a few days.

by Anonymousreply 241April 18, 2010 10:14 PM

R207, JZ, the medium for Ramtha, was probably not a lesbian. She had one marriage after another and was constantly dumping one spouse because she'd fallen in love with some other guy.

by Anonymousreply 242April 18, 2010 10:16 PM

R228, time to stop the meth ravings. Who the fuck knows what you're saying because you jump all over the place? Also, if you read like you write, you probably missed half of what was on that website.

by Anonymousreply 243April 18, 2010 10:22 PM

Other people refer to themselves in the first person all the time.

Look at R1 (not this thread; I mean in general.)

by Anonymousreply 244April 18, 2010 10:55 PM

R245 does not understand what you mean, R244.

by Anonymousreply 245April 19, 2010 12:25 AM

cats

by Anonymousreply 246April 20, 2010 8:16 AM

You do not ask Oprah questions about her real father! Ever!

"Oprah Winfrey yesterday got spitting mad when asked if she would undergo DNA testing to learn the identity of her biological father.

"I will not be taking a paternity test, ever!" the usually unflappable talk-show queen snapped to The Post outside the Four Seasons hotel in Manhattan.

Norh Robinson, an 84-year-old Navy vet who lives in a VA hospital, had told The Post over the weekend that he is the billionaire superstar's real father.

He is from Kosciusko, Miss., the sleepy rural town that Winfrey ditched at age 6.

But Winfrey said yesterday, "I've never heard of him. I know who is claiming to be my real father." Jackson Lee / Splash NewsSTEAMING: Oprah Winfrey seethes in Midtown yesterday after a Post reporter asked if she'd take a genetic test to learn if the man claiming to be her father is legit. Jackson Lee / Splash News STEAMING: Oprah Winfrey seethes in Midtown yesterday after a Post reporter asked if she'd take a genetic test to learn if the man claiming to be her father is legit.

Robinson has insisted that he wants nothing to do with Oprah's vast fortune -- and only wants to meet his alleged daughter before dying.

But Winfrey -- asked what Robinson could possibly gain by lying about her lineage -- only further barked, "Get out of my face!" before pushing the Post reporter aside to jump into an SUV and head for lunch.

Winfrey was in town to attend the Matrix Awards luncheon at the Waldorf Astoria, honoring women in communications. She was the presenter for longtime pal Gayle King.

During her presentation, a rankled Winfrey appeared to even mock the ailing Robinson.

"Last week was a rough week for Gayle [King] when a so-called biography came out," Winfrey said, referring to the unauthorized tome by Kitty Kelley. "Every day, she's getting herself more and more worked up about all of my new daddies that are now showing up. New daddies who are saying, 'Hello daughter, call me, I need a new roof.' Well, this too shall pass."

Oprah was raised by mom Vernita Lee, 75, and Lee's longtime boyfriend, Vernon Winfrey. Winfrey considers Vernon her father but has reportedly conceded that he's not her biological dad.

Last week, the National Enquirer first reported Robinson's alleged shared genetics with Winfrey.

Winfrey was born in January, 1954, so Lee, now 75, would have been barely 18 when she conceived the future TV powerhouse.

"[Lee] told me she was grown, but I don't know how old she was," Robinson said. "I should have waited and found out before I went as far as I did with her."

Asked if he ever loved Oprah's mom, Robinson said: "As a friend."

Robinson claims that he mailed a heartfelt letter to Winfrey several years ago, asking to meet her and offering to take a paternity test.

The ailing vet said he included his Social Security number and a picture of himself from his Navy days. But Winfrey, he said, never responded."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247April 21, 2010 2:52 AM

Oprah clearly has many issues that decades of attempting to lord her "spirituality" and "wholeness" over America's housewives clearly has not cured.

by Anonymousreply 248April 21, 2010 3:14 AM

[quote]Vernon reserves his harshest words for Winfrey's best friend, Gayle King, who put the kibosh on a biography he was working on. Calling her a "dirt hog" and a "street heifer," he blames King for a rift in their relationship.

Street Heifer... LOL, I love it!

by Anonymousreply 249April 21, 2010 3:46 AM

She DOES do stairs! I love the tmz caption.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250April 21, 2010 6:44 AM

My mom started to read the book, and she said, not only it’s boring, but she had enough! My mom said, I can’t take Oprah anymore! She said, the book indicates that Oprah supreme, obnoxious, ego. My mom said the woman acts like she is thee goddess of the American people. My mom said, she couldn't take anymore of this me, me, me, bull crap!

by Anonymousreply 251April 22, 2010 4:45 AM

The picture of a young Mr. Robinson actually resembles Oprah. Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 252April 22, 2010 5:31 AM

So Oprah can go to Africa to find her roots but not meet the man who may have sired her because he may ask her for a new roof.

What charity. What generosity. Here she is giving out 50 pairs of diamond earrings to 50 women at her legends ball.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 23, 2010 3:53 PM

"My mom said, she couldn't take anymore of this me, me, me, bull crap!"

Your mom is right; page after page of THAT ego can be pretty hard to take. On the other hand, there are occasional, hilarious comments from people who aren't Oprah.

Such as the journalist, whose request for an interview was refused, who then proposed an unauthorized feature on "Oprah-Pope-rah." Artwork would combine Oprah's face with the Pope's, but only half of the combined face would fit on a magazine cover. They had to leave enough room for her BIG FAT HALO.

And Oprah's own father, who doesn't expect that Oprah will ever marry Stedman - because "Oprah's all about Oprah."

by Anonymousreply 254April 23, 2010 4:12 PM

Went to a taping of the Oprah show with my mom.

Was hoping something batshit crazy juicy would happen (especially because Naomi Campbell was the guest!) that I could share with y'all or that some of the nastiness from the Kitty Kelley book would come out in my experience, the paperwork you have to sign, diva antics during taping, but honestly I went away from the whole experience liking Oprah more and was neutral to negative on her before the experience. Didn't hear any of the third-person "Oprah" stuff. She walked herself out on the set and up onto the stage (although she had an assistant to help her with shoes... she said it was because she's bad at heels).

She did talk about the flying thing. She said she stopped flying commercial when she had the money to do so because she got tired of people who would come up to her at the airport and get mad at her because she wasn't "acting like Oprah" if she just sat there reading a newspaper and they would give her grief that she gave people hugs on her show and demand hugs from her.

Now that I think of it there was stuff in the reservation info specifically saying not to ask Oprah for hugs (or bring gifts, cards, flowers, etc...) at the taping.

I'm sure she probably had to have had some really horrible experiences with fans back when she still chose to deal with them more.

by Anonymousreply 255April 29, 2010 6:05 AM

[quote]She walked herself out on the set and up onto the stage

Did you expect her to be driven out in a golf cart or wheeled in on a specially made dolly?

by Anonymousreply 256April 29, 2010 6:17 AM

Why aren't more people talking about the fact Oprah used to be a hooker that was revealed in the book

by Anonymousreply 257May 2, 2010 6:16 PM

I bet Oprah like to cover Gayles cunt with choc sauce before eating it

by Anonymousreply 258May 23, 2010 5:18 PM

R258 You bumped this thread to post that nasty shit?! Ugh...

by Anonymousreply 259May 23, 2010 5:52 PM

Her OWN offices are in my building in LA and she was there Friday. Walked right across the courtyard and into her limo.

by Anonymousreply 260May 23, 2010 6:03 PM

By herself, R260?

by Anonymousreply 261May 23, 2010 7:44 PM

r192 I had never heard that about Art Garfunkel. Why does he insist that each person be on their own floor? He doesn't seem like the diva type.

by Anonymousreply 262March 22, 2013 12:59 PM

And Oprah's dogs do not do sidewalks!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263March 22, 2013 6:21 PM

I have grown to really dislike Oprah....

It's the exact same dislike I have for Julia Roberts.

by Anonymousreply 264March 23, 2013 12:31 AM

Several months ago there was a mention in a DL thread of Oprah involved in some multi-level venue and I posted that I read, several years ago, that Oprah doesn't do stairs and that it involved a posh store in Georgetown, DC. Now I see that I must have read it here several years ago.

by Anonymousreply 265March 23, 2013 12:41 AM

The fact that Oprah is unable to keep the weight off says a LOT about who she is as a person. A lot of the older stars like Madonna, Halle Berry, Vivica A. Fox, Jennifer Lopez etc. stay slim and trim.

by Anonymousreply 266March 23, 2013 12:42 AM

Oprah walks on water.

by Anonymousreply 267July 2, 2013 8:37 PM

[quote]A lot of the older stars like Madonna, Halle Berry, Vivica A. Fox, Jennifer Lopez etc. stay slim and trim.

Stars?

by Anonymousreply 268July 2, 2013 8:41 PM

I have to laugh about that fat cow whenever this thread pops up again.

by Anonymousreply 269July 2, 2013 11:18 PM

[quote]"Oprah does not walk," she told him, referring to herself in the third person.

That's one reason why she's obese.

by Anonymousreply 270July 19, 2013 7:00 PM

This is one of my all-time favorite threads.

by Anonymousreply 271July 20, 2013 2:11 PM

One of life's great mysteries. She can hire a top drawer chef that can feed her all day nutritious, delicious low calorie meals and she simply doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 272July 20, 2013 2:20 PM

This thread is at least two years old and you see how much "damage" that book did to Oprah. None. The book is long disappeared. Poor Miss Kitty.

by Anonymousreply 273July 20, 2013 2:30 PM

Well, here we all are, still laughing at Oprah!

Moreover, Oprah's star has lessened considerably since her show went off and she started OWN.

So maybe your case against Kitty Kelly is less airtight than you think, r273.

by Anonymousreply 274July 20, 2013 2:41 PM

"Oprah wants her crème brulee and she wants it NOW!!!!"

Or is it "Oprah wants her $50 a piece brownie and she wants it NOW! Oprah doesn't walk to the bakery"

She should give up eating those brownies. She didn't get that big eating vegetables and brown rice.

by Anonymousreply 275July 20, 2013 9:02 PM

[quote]This thread is at least two years old and you see how much "damage" that book did to Oprah. None.

Damage? It's a bio of a fat, wealthy woman. She was fat and rich when the book came out. She's still fat and rich. Did you really think it was written to cause damage? It was just telling a story. Several years later, we're still enjoy tales of Oprah and will enjoy them for many more years.

by Anonymousreply 276July 20, 2013 9:22 PM

[all posts by racist shit-stain # 4 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 277July 20, 2013 9:39 PM

Lots of black women are genetically predisposed to weight gain. Oprah falls into that category. Anyone who has gained weight (and has a genetic predisposition for weight gain) often have to virtually starve themselves to keep their weight under control. I don't like Oprah - she's a business woman who talks shit to make money - but I don't see why judgements about her weight must malign her personality. It just highlights that all the money in the world doesn't beat the struggle to lose weight (and I have no doubts she has hired personal chefs and trainers etc). As long as Oprah doesn't deceive people about her weight for commercial gain (perhaps she has ... I rarely watch her show) ... Drop the weight issue.

by Anonymousreply 278July 20, 2013 9:57 PM

[quote]Drop the weight issue.

The weight issue goes right to: "Oprah does not walk!", "Oprah does not do stairs!"

All the special chefs and expensive trainers do no good toward weight loss when: "Oprah does not walk!", "Oprah does not do stairs!"

by Anonymousreply 279July 20, 2013 10:06 PM

R277, Oprah would not help African-American children either--when she went down to the "ghetto" --something she never does by the way--she claimed that all the little black children only wanted shoes!

She found them to be appalling little children!

Oprah hates poor black children as well.

by Anonymousreply 280July 20, 2013 10:06 PM

R279, that's not about weight, that's about ego.

by Anonymousreply 281July 20, 2013 10:12 PM

It's about ego but it's also about weight, R278 - R281. When you're too grand to walk and too grand to go up and down stairs and you sit around stuffing your fat face all day, your hour with a trainer three days a week will make no difference. So, it's still open season on discussiong the fat lady's weight.

Remember DL fave Gayle Grinds? She didn't walk. She didn't do stairs and then she died.

by Anonymousreply 282July 21, 2013 12:32 AM

[all posts by racist shit-stain # 4 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 283July 21, 2013 12:42 AM

Madonna knocked Oprah out of the top spot on Forbes list of Highest Paid Celebrities of the past year

Madonna made $125 million, while Oprah made $87 million

by Anonymousreply 284July 21, 2013 2:10 AM

R284, you are a weird little girl, please go away.

by Anonymousreply 285July 21, 2013 2:15 AM

Does anyone remember the blind item from six or seven years ago about a female celeb staying at a NYC hotel and calling a take-out place with a huge triple order to be delivered to her room? Oprah just happened to be making an infrequent trip to New York at that time.

by Anonymousreply 286July 21, 2013 2:43 AM

R285 this thread is about Oprah and I'm reporting a fact based on Forbes latest highest paid stars list.

Oprah is ALWAYS #1, except for this past year when Madonna knocked her out of the top slot.

by Anonymousreply 287July 21, 2013 2:56 AM

I always get a little thrill when this thread reappears (Schadenfreudening as I type!).

Besides this story, my other favorite from Kitty Kelley's book concerned an author who stepped in at the last minute when someone couldn't make it to Oprah's show. After his interview, Oprah's staff handed him the usual non-disclosure agreement, which he refused to sign.

"If you don't sign it," they said, "we won't show your interview."

To which he replied that he: (a) didn't give a rat's ass whether they showed his interview, (b) had no intention of signing and (c) would say whatever he damn well pleased about his experience with Oprah and her staff. Which he did within a day or so. (He had a newspaper column, I think, or maybe a blog.)

Following that, sales of his book skyrocketed on Amazon, with his sales rank going from something like #30,000 to #27 in just a few days. Apparently, that many people were thrilled that SOMEONE finally stood up to that non-walking, non-stair-climbing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 288July 21, 2013 3:04 AM

Drop the weight issue? No. She wants to be all preachy-teachy, well then she must face criticism if she fails in some way.

by Anonymousreply 289July 21, 2013 3:21 AM

Great story R288. Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 290July 21, 2013 3:50 PM

Here's how Oprah rationalizes her obesity:

in my past lives, I was the poor and unwashed. Once in Africa, once in Ireland, twice in Cambodia, and four times as an Aztec.

I have retained this hunger throughout my reincarnations, and as some of this is merely a hunger for LOVE, ACCEPTANCE, and SOCIAL JUSTICE, most of it just comes down to having a hankering for fried chicken.

In this life, as a queen, I still must PROCESS my feelings of having been chased and devoured by a lion on the mother continent and also having been flayed alive as an Aztec warrior.

I go through so much in my day, so mush to deal with, so many memories.

So I eat. I eat, and I eat, and I eat. Oh BROTHER, do I eat!

Until God, or the creator, or the universal force--whatever you choose to call it--cuts me some slack with these reincarnation memories this grape Koolaid ain't goin' nowhere.

Minions, please be patient with my plight. I'm really sufferin' here.

by Anonymousreply 291July 21, 2013 4:05 PM

I demand that this thread be closed!

by Anonymousreply 292July 21, 2013 4:13 PM

r292, too bad for you, it's staying open. Go eat a bucket of your expensive brownies. And no whining about being criticized for being overweight.

Am I the only one who remembers when Oprah had all those healthy eating and living books with her personal trainer and personal chef? What the heck happened?

by Anonymousreply 293July 21, 2013 6:41 PM

Celebrity entitlement is less a reflection on them than the legions of toadies who allow themselves to be so treated. Where do all these people come from? America used to be a place where people demanded a certain level of respect.

by Anonymousreply 294July 21, 2013 6:50 PM

R288, and who was that author? Sounds like another UL about Oprah, which is, of course, what this entire thread is about.

by Anonymousreply 295July 21, 2013 7:36 PM

Is this info like 20 years old. Her show has been off for evea. Get over it Sharknado

by Anonymousreply 296July 21, 2013 8:15 PM

[quote][R288], and who was that author? Sounds like another UL about Oprah

Sorry, couldn't remember the author's name when I posted (don't have Kelley's book anymore), but a quick search turned it up.

The author's name is Chris Rose, and his book is titled "1 Dead in Attic."

Here are some quotes from Kelley's book (now searchable on the web) describing the incident:

Swallowing professional reservations, most writers sign Oprah's binding agreements, but one man objected on principle. "I just couldn't do it," said Chris Rose, a prizewinning columnist for New Orleans's Times-Picayune. "It struck me as wrong and ran counter to everything that I believe as a writer and a journalist and a human being." Rose had written moving columns about the harrowing depression he suffered in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. His columns were nominated for a Pulitzer Prize and later published in a book titled "1 Dead in Attic."

The producer panicked, and for the next three hours Rose was peppered with calls from various producers up the chain of Oprah's command, insisting that he sign the confidentiality agreement, and threatening to cut his segment if he didn't. "Trust us," they said. Rose held firm. That night he wrote a column about the experience of dealing with Oprah and her producers, which was posted on the newspaper's website.

"The next morning I found out what it meant to 'go viral,' " he said. "I had stuck my hand into a hornet's nest of anti-Oprah sentiment on the Internet that pushed my book from number eleven thousand on Amazon to number eighteen by the end of the day and then on to The New York Times bestseller list.

by Anonymousreply 297July 21, 2013 10:20 PM

Rose still talks about the incident. He hated his treatment by the producers but talks very highly of Oprah.

Many admit that his trip up the charts was fueled by the anger that Oprah had too much power within the book publishing business.

by Anonymousreply 298July 21, 2013 11:07 PM

There are pictures online at a Swiss newspaper website showing Oprah and Gayle walking in Zurich, where they attended Tina Turner's wedding celebration. Oprah ain't been walking long.

by Anonymousreply 299July 22, 2013 4:57 PM

Did Gayle and Oprah share a hotel room in Zurich?

by Anonymousreply 300July 25, 2013 1:10 AM

If you need to lose weight it helps to like healthy food and enjoy exercise to some extent. Oprah likes neither.

by Anonymousreply 301July 25, 2013 1:15 AM

The Kitty Kelly, Elizabeth Taylor book is one of the funniest books I've ever read. I used to buy it whenever I'd come across it at thrift shops, because I'd lend it out so much.

Hi-Larious!

The stories in her Frank Sinatra bio are unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 302July 25, 2013 1:47 AM

How does fat Oprah enjoy Europe if she doesn't do stairs? Many amazing destinations there do not have elevators or escalators. Do they hoist her up?

by Anonymousreply 303July 25, 2013 5:56 AM

She must miss out on a lot of interesting things if she doesn't do stairs.

by Anonymousreply 304July 27, 2013 2:30 PM

Oprah doesn't walk or do stairs, but Oprah eats mega-portions of food.

by Anonymousreply 305July 31, 2013 3:35 AM

There was a behind the scenes show two years ago on OWN about her final season of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." She did walk and climb stairs. What Oprah doesn't like is sweating.

by Anonymousreply 306July 31, 2013 3:47 AM

Oprah does not walk. Oprah does not do stairs. Oprah has decided to be interviewed by Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 307August 2, 2013 3:09 AM

She makes news by telling how she's been turned away from two stores, yet this thread tells of the shabby way she treated the owner of an fine art gallery.

by Anonymousreply 308August 7, 2013 4:42 PM

Clearly she will own the oscar is season.

by Anonymousreply 309August 9, 2013 10:00 AM

She'll leap those stairs to grab that Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 310August 12, 2013 3:33 PM

"Oprah likes her chicken spicy!"

by Anonymousreply 311August 12, 2013 3:49 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 312December 6, 2013 7:27 PM

Debra Wilson does the best Oprah impression.

by Anonymousreply 313December 8, 2013 4:52 AM

Poor Oprah. Now that Nelson Mandela has died, does she have any peers left?

by Anonymousreply 314December 8, 2013 4:54 AM

Heller, I am still here!

by Anonymousreply 315December 8, 2013 5:08 AM

God forbid, she's black, fat, female and rich. That makes her the devil I guess. None of the speculation has been substantiated. The only thing the public knows for certain is that she's a rich overweight black women. I'm white and I'm glad to see a black person make a success of themselves, it gives all of us hope for a more just world.

I know someone who works with one of her sound men from her Chicago days, he said what you see on TV is exactly what he saw behind the scenes. He said she's a very down to earth, calm matter of fact person with a great deal of focus.

Kitty Kelly makes her money talking shit about people, that gives her a vested interest in character assassination. Is Oprah a saint, let's hope not because saints would be incredible bores.

by Anonymousreply 316December 8, 2013 5:23 AM

I just got a sag nom, I might have to walk to the podium,

by Anonymousreply 317December 12, 2013 4:24 AM

What I never understood was how Frye was never called out about being in the closet. Interesting that Oprah never touched on that.

by Anonymousreply 318December 12, 2013 6:02 PM

[quote]"Oprah does not walk!"

That's not true. Just put a KFC across the street from Oprah and she'll stop traffic and knock everyone down as she rushes toward the order counter to get a few buckets of chicken for a mid-morning snack.

by Anonymousreply 319January 18, 2014 12:01 AM

Oprah don't do the after Oscars party this year either.

by Anonymousreply 320January 18, 2014 12:55 AM

Oprah's greedy fans must miss those giveaway shows.

by Anonymousreply 321January 24, 2014 2:54 PM

Happy birthday bump,

by Anonymousreply 322January 29, 2014 3:05 PM

Maybe she would lose some weight if she did do stairs.

by Anonymousreply 323March 20, 2014 6:31 AM

I have this book on pdf, if anyone wants it. Not sure if it's already been posted or not, too tired to sift thru the thread.

by Anonymousreply 324March 20, 2014 7:35 AM

Nevermind. I'll just assume someone does. Link below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325March 20, 2014 7:39 AM

Sucks to be you, Suckaaaz!

by Anonymousreply 326March 20, 2014 7:48 AM

Kitty Kelley should do an update for her book. There's got to be a lot more info since it was first published.

by Anonymousreply 327March 21, 2014 2:46 AM

Street heifer!

I'd read the book just for that!

by Anonymousreply 328March 21, 2014 5:32 AM

And THIS is the woman who thinks she's going to be alble to "save" Lindsay Lohan!?

by Anonymousreply 329March 21, 2014 12:08 PM

"God forbid, she's black, fat, female and rich"

And a self-unaware, entitled, enabling bitch...

by Anonymousreply 330March 21, 2014 12:32 PM

[quote]"Oprah does not walk," she told him, referring to herself in the third person. "Who is this guy?" Then she started screaming at her staff, but finally agreed to cross the street and come through his front door.

I wonder if they get a big paycheck for having to tolerate her nasty screaming.

by Anonymousreply 331March 23, 2014 2:52 PM

Oprah still has millions but she's no longer a powerful force in the TV industry. Harpo is fading.

by Anonymousreply 332March 25, 2014 5:43 PM

R325 THANKS. I downloaded it on my phone and put it in Kindle. Much appreciated, that was cool of you. I just read the first 2 chapters. She was something as a kid. She could have just as easily been a welfare mother and I have to give her credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 333March 25, 2014 9:11 PM

Oprah is walking out on stage. She's on tour. She's not the only one. Leno is also on tour.

by Anonymousreply 334March 27, 2014 8:17 PM

Does the book say what the deal is with Stedman? I assumed he was like Star Jones former husband, Al Reynolds.

by Anonymousreply 335March 27, 2014 11:11 PM

[quote]Oprah still has millions but she's no longer a powerful force in the TV industry. Harpo is fading.

R332 Sweetie Darling, Oprah is a billionaire. She has billions.

She ranked number 1 on the Forbes 2013 list of the 100 most powerful celebrities. She is the owner of her own television network; which became profitable last year.

by Anonymousreply 336March 29, 2014 9:02 AM

She has billions of dollars but is she a harridan to her people like Ellen? Is she happy?

by Anonymousreply 337April 5, 2014 7:58 PM

One…BILLION…dollars

by Anonymousreply 338April 5, 2014 9:33 PM

Oprah is worth and estimated 2.9 billion. Winfrey was FORBES' highest-earning celebrity of 2013 (her haul: $77 million); the majority of her net worth still stems from 25 years of her profitable daytime TV show, plus earnings from her Harpo production company, which has a hand in the Dr. Phil, Rachael Ray and Dr. Oz shows

by Anonymousreply 339April 5, 2014 11:19 PM

Kitty Kelley needs to do a 2nd volume using OP's title.

by Anonymousreply 340April 8, 2014 5:51 PM

I'm remember an SNL sketch in the late 90s that made fun of Oprah. Tim Meadows played her and in the sketch, she was carried by other women praise chanting.

by Anonymousreply 341April 8, 2014 7:22 PM

New revelations coming from Oprah's stepmother.

by Anonymousreply 342April 22, 2014 5:23 PM

R342 People are so jealous, even the family.

by Anonymousreply 343April 22, 2014 5:37 PM

Oprah annoys me but the stepmother married Oprah ' s poor father, not Oprah. She needs to leave the house.

by Anonymousreply 344April 22, 2014 5:58 PM

There's no doubt that she's jealous. At the same time Oprah is no angel and it's interesting to see the stepmother dish some gossip. Isn't that why you're at DL?

by Anonymousreply 345April 22, 2014 6:11 PM

The step mom called Oprah ghetto.

Pull up a chair.

by Anonymousreply 346April 22, 2014 6:18 PM

Oprah doesn't do stairs? Maybe that is why Oprah is overweight. That,and those expensive brownies.

by Anonymousreply 347April 22, 2014 7:09 PM

When she was in NYC for the Letterman show, there was a BI about a celeb staying alone at a hotel who had several buckets of friend chicken delivered to her room.

by Anonymousreply 348April 22, 2014 7:59 PM

Oops! That should have been "fried" chicken, not friend chicken.

by Anonymousreply 349April 22, 2014 8:03 PM

I've never even been to Gayle's home. It has stairs and Oprah does not do stairs.

by Anonymousreply 350October 8, 2014 10:44 PM

The story at R1 is really funny.

by Anonymousreply 351October 9, 2014 5:28 PM

Sing It R330

by Anonymousreply 352October 9, 2014 6:53 PM

"Oprah comes off as a demanding diva unwilling to lift a finger -- or foot -- if she doesn't feel like it."

I like that claim from OP. I'm willing to bet that you could get Oprah to walk upstairs if she knew there was a bucket of chicken waiting for her up there.

by Anonymousreply 353July 9, 2015 5:04 AM

[quote]Harpo is fading.

You don't look so hot yourself.

by Anonymousreply 354July 9, 2015 6:21 AM

I've worked with Oprah. She never talked about herself in the third person and at that time she jogged every morning before we stared work and I saw her climb stairs. We shot for five months, maybe on other occasions she behaved the way Kitty describes.

by Anonymousreply 355July 9, 2015 6:43 AM

"Oprah: A Biography" by Kitty Kelley can be had for a penny. There are hundreds of used versions (hard cover and paperback) available at Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 356July 10, 2015 7:59 PM

hey whats new about oprah in 2015

by Anonymousreply 357July 10, 2015 11:02 PM

I just got the book (paperback version) today. It was worth the price just for the pictures. They show photos of her figure size throughout the years. I always think of her as heavy, but there were times when she was slender. Her weight has gone up and down more than an elevator.

by Anonymousreply 358July 18, 2015 10:18 PM

2016 bump

by Anonymousreply 359September 18, 2016 11:49 AM

Oprah, sh-sh-she RAPED ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 360September 18, 2016 4:02 PM

Oh you must read Miss Kelley on Nancy Reagan. Can't wait for this book.

by Anonymousreply 361September 18, 2016 5:52 PM

Anyone have any new Orka gossip?

by Anonymousreply 362November 7, 2016 8:52 PM

Nancy was super bitch, almost as bad as Ronnie.

by Anonymousreply 363November 7, 2016 8:56 PM

Bump.

I hope the person that requested this moment got their thrill. :)

by Anonymousreply 364January 20, 2017 9:59 PM

HA! In another thread, I mentioned getting a little thrill whenever this one is bumped.

So, that person might have been me, and I certainly did get a thrill - a very welcome one on this dark and depressing day! Thank you, R364!

by Anonymousreply 365January 20, 2017 10:40 PM

Does Oprah send her plane to collect Gayle in NYC for weekend getaways or does Oprah make the street heifer get her own ass to Montecito?

by Anonymousreply 366January 21, 2017 3:31 AM

You are welcome, R365!

I love this thread too, perhaps my favorite one ever next to Shirley Maclaine and the L.A. riots and the creme brulee incident. :)

by Anonymousreply 367January 21, 2017 4:27 AM

Given that she has an entire team of people working to ensure she does not gain weight--a trainer, a dietician, a chef, etc.--it just blows my mind that she gains weight anyway. How are ordinary people supposed to follow her advice when they don't have these teams working day and night for them, and then it doesn't even work?

by Anonymousreply 368January 21, 2017 6:59 AM

Oprah don't do marriage!

by Anonymousreply 369September 9, 2017 8:03 PM

I'll believe the things about her ego & attitude, it's impossible to have that much money and not be an asshole. but, I don't think she lied about being molested/raped. she said that in the early 90s. was it "in" to say you were raped back then?

by Anonymousreply 370September 9, 2017 8:32 PM

yes, rape always garners attention and sympathy

by Anonymousreply 371September 9, 2017 8:34 PM

"Kitty Kelly is trash."

Yes, that's why we love her.

by Anonymousreply 372September 9, 2017 9:26 PM

Oprah doesn't do me!

by Anonymousreply 373September 11, 2017 2:28 AM

There are two things whose appeal I will never understand, ranch dressing, and Oprah Winfrey.

by Anonymousreply 374September 11, 2017 4:31 AM

I hate stairs too.

by Anonymousreply 375June 23, 2018 6:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!