Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

From the "Ginny in billing just collapsed..." thread

Goddamn I forgot how great that was. I've been laughing for 5 minutes.

"Of course, this follows Ginny's infamous slip-and-fall incident last summer in which she was walking across the carpet. That was also before her very odd and sudden self-diagnosed "minor stroke", suspiciously after being told her work load would increase slightly due to the new billing system; and let's not forget her dramatic email, on company letterhead no less that she had been diagnosed with fibromyalgia (via WebMD) and was now entering "the sunset of my life" and asked for our prayers and support as she would "slowly begin to lose concentration on work" thus needing the support and assistance of her "dear and understanding" colleagues. And it was only last month her carpel tunnel "pain syndrome" allegedly began affecting her ability to make her daily collection calls, thus requiring the need for her temporary assistant because it was just too painful for her: Remember, she had to begin taking those mid afternoon, post lunchtime 45-minute breaks, required by her doctors so that the company wouldn't be libel for her "worsening state"?

Oh, and there was her legendary Restless Leg Syndrome attack which took place just as year-end auditing and a week of 10-hour work days ensued.......

Poor Ginny"

by Laurie in IT Support, Rolling My Eyes

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2018 9:14 PM

Oddly, I used to work with a woman just like that -- but then she spoiled the joke by dying of cancer. Of course, no one believed her until after the funeral. First time she'd ever actually been sick with a legit illness, & it was a doozy.

by Anonymousreply 1April 11, 2010 2:49 AM

Just as well she goes, Ginny always brought a cheap-ass jello mold to the Christmas party.

--Dakota, receptionist, dialing the phone with a pencil because my nails are 2 inches long

by Anonymousreply 2April 11, 2010 2:57 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 3January 7, 2012 1:11 AM

If she's gone, does anyone know where the macaroni salad she was supposed to bring for today's lunch is? Don't want it to go to waste.

by Anonymousreply 4January 7, 2012 1:20 AM

Open your eyes, Ginny, open your eyes.

Open your eyes, Ginny, OPEN,OPEN, open your eyes!

by Anonymousreply 5January 7, 2012 1:20 AM

Update: She's being admitted to the hospital.

Can we all troop over there after work and visit her? I'm going to take some time off this afternoon for a personal visit, since we always had such a close connection. I'm sure Mr. McWhorter won't mind me doing it on office time. After all, the visit is office-related, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2012 1:21 AM

I worked with an elderly woman named Maureen. She was a secretary working for a contracting firm.

She had on sandals and got up from her desk and slipped off her sandals and smashed her head against the side of the desk. We had to take her to the emergency room.

This happened about 10 years ago. Wonder what happened to her

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2012 1:21 AM

Listen to me, I am talking like Ginny is dead.

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2012 1:21 AM

The ambulance whisked her away a little while ago. Dana in Accounts Receivable is throwing around the "T" word..."Terrorism." She claimed she saw some mysterious white powder in the kitchen area. Glenda said it was probably from the box of Krispy Kremes that was in the kitchen, but who knows? The office is in mayhem. Everyone is terrified. Suzanne has called for a meeting at 11 to keep us all up to date. Gail is Accounts Payable told me that Ginny looked pale this morning and didn't down her usual breakfast. Arlene, her friend in Billing, said that Ginny was vomitting a 1/2 hour before she collapsed. Dear god in heaven!

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2012 1:21 AM

Hi all. Back from the meeting. The start of the meeting was delayed. The delivery guy from the Bagel Bin forgot to include the cream cheese and lox that Lois and Bertha just love in the spread pre-ordered for the meeting.

We don't know much right now. What we do know is this: Ginny's in stable condition at the hospital. Her husband Pat was called away from the construction site and is by her side. The cops are here, and the buiding is in lock down. Glenda said that Ginny got sick 1/2-way through the stack of pancakes of the grand slam breakfast from Denny's that she had picked up earlier. The cops had suspected poisonging, and wanted to scoop up the remains of her breakfast as evidence, but Bertha said that there was no need for that: she finished Ginny's breakfast...the remaining pancakes, the sausages, and biscuits...after Ginny collapsed, and she hasn't gotten sick. Terrorism has also been ruled out. The cops had examined the white powder, but couldn't conclude what it was. Bobbie, a donut expert, volunteered to taste it. Her expertise paid off, and she comfirmed that it came off the box of donuts that had been in the kitchen earlier on. Just by tasting the powder, she was able to specify the type of donut, whether or not it was filled with jelly, and the exact time it was baked (5:36 am). The cops are talking to everyone. Everyone's in a panic. Gert's IBS is acting up and she's afraid that the cops will misinterpret this as nerves due to the fact she has something to hide. The nervousness is making her IBS worse. It's a vicious cycle. More later on...

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2012 1:22 AM

Yes, the news is making its way through Consolidated. Ginny has died. Apparently she had a heart attack in her sleep. With her beloved Pat at her bedside, she passed at 12:28 PM. She was surrounded by everything she loved...stuffed animals, Christmas sweaters, a pork-rind-scented candle...with SoapNet playing continuously on the TV. God take care of Ginny. The office is devastated. They're sending a grief counselor. I hope it's not that nasty Dr. Connor again. He looked like he rather be somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2012 1:23 AM

I just loved that "ginny Billings' shoed up this summer on the OMM page on Facebook.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2012 1:28 AM

We should send some flowers but Ginny was the only one who could approve the expense form.

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2012 1:39 AM

This whole mess has my IBS in a tizzy.

And my cycle used to match Ginny's! Who will I have PMS with now?

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2012 3:58 AM

Thanks for this info. I needed a really good laugh tonite.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2012 4:09 AM

Gert, I am here for you. Let's cycle together!

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2012 4:13 AM

I knew dat sompin wasup wit Ginny, she been passin mad gas up in here fo a week!....DAMN, GIRL!

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2012 4:44 AM

Sh'Mica (aka Shawn in the mail room), you've already been reprimanded for racial insensitivity. I suggest you cut it out now before you're reported again to HR. Considering you're an openly gay man, I'd hope that you'd fight against bigotry rather than engage in it.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2012 7:12 AM

"Ginny has died."

Was she up-to-date with her payments to the entertainment club or do we need to take out some money from the funeral flowers to cover her short-fall?

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2012 9:06 AM

I can't believe I got written up for this outfit! Muffin tops are cute and sexy at work. And sequins are just fine! I remember when Ginny wore her sequined sweater.

Everyone remembers. She wore it every Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2012 12:07 PM

Why did she have to die?

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2012 12:37 PM

Don't worry [R21]. There are One Million Moms. Many more like Ginny to replace her!

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2012 1:33 PM

I had a co-worker named Ginny who worked in billing once.

And then she DIED.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2012 3:31 PM

Do you think her family would mind if I took the extra catheters she kept in her desk? They'd just go to waste otherwise...

by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2012 5:37 PM

I don't want to die! I just want to get on disability? Why not?

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2012 5:44 PM

I just did a search for "Ginny in billing has just collapsed" and there is nothing. Nothing.

If this doesn't prove that she has faked her own death, then nothing does.

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2012 5:58 PM

I'm not giving back those catheters, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2012 6:00 PM

It IS rather suspicious she's having a closed casket funeral. All she did was trip.

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2012 9:26 PM

Ginny's pussy stank.

by Anonymousreply 29January 8, 2012 12:03 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 30January 19, 2012 1:11 PM

I would never want to meet the people who finds these threads funny.

by Anonymousreply 31January 19, 2012 1:22 PM

[R31] Then crawl back into your coffin, sweetie. Nobody rang for you.

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2012 4:00 PM

I took the plants from Ginny's cube. If anyone wants a cutting to start a memorial plant, stop by anytime.

by Anonymousreply 33January 20, 2012 5:54 PM

I found over 200 bags of individual-sized Funyuns and Cheetos emptied and neatly folder in Ginny's middle desk drawer.

Weird

by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2012 6:03 PM

I found this pic of her hubby Tyle. They were so happy. Should I take it to him? They go to my church.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2012 6:04 PM

If anyone needs Plus Size Wet Wipes, Ginny left several unopened containers of them in her bottom drawer.

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2012 6:45 PM

LaVelle, did she still have that canister of FartBGone in the bottom drawer?

I just had Burrito Palace and sure could use it.

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2012 10:15 PM

Looky here, looky here

by Anonymousreply 38December 12, 2014 9:52 PM

I've organised a Non Denominational "Good thoughts and vibes candle vigil" for Ginny by the fridge in the break room at 2.45pm sharp. Please note that Yolanda will be cooking her famous microwave pudding** at the time and will need access to the microwave, please DO NOT stand in front of it.

**Those with over eating issues, please consider this when attending the vigil as the pudding aroma may be a trigger.

by Anonymousreply 39December 12, 2014 10:54 PM

Is the original thread gone?

by Anonymousreply 40May 17, 2017 1:11 PM

Ginny, ye were daid before we even knew ye.

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2017 1:56 PM

[quote]I would never want to meet the people who finds these threads funny.

I would never want to meet the people who can't figure out basic subject-verb agreement.

by Anonymousreply 42May 17, 2017 3:20 PM

Obviously God needed another angel.

by Anonymousreply 43May 17, 2017 3:20 PM

Je t'adores, R42.

by Anonymousreply 44May 17, 2017 3:30 PM

Someone (and we ALL know who!) has been heating canned fish in the break room microwave.

A woman at Saks used to do this the most wretch-inducing fog would waft into the hallway to the restroom. She wore bejeweled Italian sandals and her toenails looked like Fritos Scoops.

These threads always make me think of when I worked at Saks.

by Anonymousreply 45May 17, 2017 3:53 PM

r42, you are a cunts.

by Anonymousreply 46December 30, 2017 12:36 AM

Ginny in Billing just collapsed thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 30, 2017 12:51 AM

Remembering Ginny in Billing thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 30, 2017 12:52 AM

Hilarious! Thank You All!!

by Anonymousreply 49October 25, 2018 9:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!