Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did you know?

Loch Ness holds more water than all the lakes, rivers, canals and reservoirs in the whole of England and Wales combined! The deepest point in Loch Ness is 126 Fathoms which is twice the average depth of the North Sea! This is where you will find the Loch Ness Monster chilling on most days

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2024 11:35 PM

Loch Ness freaks me out and not because of the non-existent monster – it's just too big! I feel the same about the Caspian Sea.

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2024 6:46 PM

[quote]The deepest point in Loch Ness is 126 Fathoms

How much is that in leagues?

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2024 6:59 PM

R2 a league is a measure of distance, not depth.

by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2024 7:09 PM

[quote]This is where you will find the Loch Ness Monster chilling on most days

But you won't find him.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2024 7:10 PM

You're right, but only because it's a SHE. A lady monster. A monstress.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 7:14 PM

A fathom is 6 feet, so 126 fathoms is 756 feet. That's 230 Meters for the communists reading this.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2024 7:44 PM

And the North Sea is notoriously shallow, hence all the offshore wind farms there. So not the best comparison.

But still, 230 metres is a lot for a lake. Too much, in fact.

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 7:54 PM

Well then you better not sound my depths, R7

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2024 9:01 PM

Nessie as Norma Desmond...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2024 9:06 PM

I saw Nessie, I did, aye Give me a dram and I'll tell you the tale.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote][R2] a league is a measure of distance, not depth.

OK, so how much is it in CUBITS?

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2024 11:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!