Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

George Clooney: I love Joe Biden but he now needs to fuck off and die.

"The one battle he cannot win is the fight against time." Ouch. He just hosted the single largest fundraiser for any Democratic candidate too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 11, 2024 7:16 PM

OP I posted a few seconds before you but I defer to your superior header

by Anonymousreply 1July 10, 2024 3:24 PM

NYT will have a lot to answer for if Trump wins, they are absolutely outrageous with these relentless hit jobs.

And fuck Clooney, people like him will be perfectly okay through whatever hell Trump might unleash over the next four years.

by Anonymousreply 2July 10, 2024 3:26 PM

Archived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 10, 2024 3:27 PM

I'm by no means a Clooney fan but he's one hundred percent right. This narcissistic and delusional Commander in Chief is going to cost Democrats the White House, the House, the Senate, tons and tons of federal judicial appointments, and likely a Supreme Court nomination.

by Anonymousreply 4July 10, 2024 3:28 PM

George Clooney looks presidential.

by Anonymousreply 5July 10, 2024 3:33 PM

Clooney needs to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 6July 10, 2024 3:38 PM

I feel sorry for America - are these two really the best choices you have?

by Anonymousreply 7July 10, 2024 3:40 PM

Clooney paralyzed some Italian twink and has a beard who supports Hamas.

I would take Biden in a nursing home before listening to a word he says.

by Anonymousreply 8July 10, 2024 3:43 PM

Amen r8.

by Anonymousreply 9July 10, 2024 3:50 PM

[quote] This is about age. Nothing more. But also nothing that can be reversed. We are not going to win in November with this president. On top of that, we won’t win the House, and we’re going to lose the Senate. This isn’t only my opinion; this is the opinion of every senator and congress member and governor that I’ve spoken with in private. Every single one, irrespective of what he or she is saying publicly.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 3:52 PM

Complete non sequitur, R8. Your first sentence can be true AND he can still be telling the truth about what he witnessed from Biden and how he thinks it will go at the polls.

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2024 3:53 PM

I really don’t understand the “Stick with Joe” crowd. It’s a political party not a suicide pact.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2024 3:53 PM

Because the Stick With Joe crowd would rather see Biden lose in a landslide rather than be forced to admit they made a mistake.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2024 3:55 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 10, 2024 3:55 PM

Oh great. So now we have that on both sides, R13.

by Anonymousreply 15July 10, 2024 3:56 PM

Clooney is 100% right. Unfortunately Biden has dug in hard and made it all this ego/hero/underdog personal narrative. And the Dem leadership almost entirely stands with him, so that's it.

I lurk over on DailyKos a lot and OMG the level of "Stick with Joe or STFU" has gone sky high. You get drummed out of there if you mention the truth. the man is 81 and declining, and it's a sad spectacle that is turning off the voters we need the most.

by Anonymousreply 16July 10, 2024 3:59 PM

[quote]This is about age. Nothing more.

I think it's about cognitive decline, not age.

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2024 4:00 PM

Clooney: closeted, washed-up, has-been loser.

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2024 4:21 PM

R18 you sure talk a lot like your “worst nightmare”

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2024 4:30 PM

Wait until you see the poll numbers next month. Trump will be nearly 20 points ahead.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2024 4:31 PM

This is like a political Jim Jones massacre.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2024 4:35 PM

Why do the Democrats have such difficulty finding an inspiring candidate? It's not a new thing. In the second Naked Gun film, Frank says, "I want a world where I can eat a sea otter without getting sick! I want a world where the Democrats will put somebody up there worth voting for!" That was 1991.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2024 4:36 PM

Democrats generally do settle on extremely plausible, experienced candidates like Al Gore, Bill and Hillary Clinton, Obama, and yes Biden in 2020, on and on.

the problem is the large numbers of the great and good American people who absolutely love voting for shit like W and Trump. It's pretty tragic actually. And every time they seem to be voting mainly out of some stupid combination of boredom and some fuckery like I'd have a beer with him.

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2024 4:42 PM

You're right, R23. I wonder if Republicans have an easier time winning because they get a head start by appealing to people's worst instincts.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2024 4:45 PM

Obama wasn't that experienced, R23.

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2024 4:55 PM

This confirms that Joe was “lights out” at that recent Hollywood fundraiser. So George saw the ghost up close.

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2024 4:58 PM

European allies commented on it too, R26. The Biden plan in response is to get him to speak with more vigor from a teleprompter and only during the optimum hours of the day. Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2024 5:06 PM

Clooney has very questionable morals, so he should have a seat or his skeletons may be exposed.

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2024 5:10 PM

Too many of Biden's defenders think he's being attacked personally. I love Joe and I think he's done a fantastic job. But he doesn't have the energy or mental capacity to lead the party right now. And for this election we need someone at absolutely optimal capacity, not someone who is dragging the entire party down.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2024 5:12 PM

Or, R28, he's being told to stand up or his skeletons may be exposed.

The drip-drip-drip of statements just seems so odd. President Biden made a statement on Monday. Why is there a new shoe dropping each day?

Moreover, WHAT IS THE ALTERNATIVE? If any one of these people came up with a plan and names and money and structure on how to make this happen in 117 day then I wouldn't be so pessimistic. But these statements from people like Clooney expressing a desire untethered from reality makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2024 5:17 PM

yeah, that is the thing r30. It always seems to be "Democrat to be named later" or some fantasy like Michelle Obama. They want an alternative, but absolutely refuse to come up with one.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2024 5:20 PM

Between Nancy this morning & now Clooney, I'm guessing that the Dem Overlords and Big Donors told Joe to step aside this past week, but he doubled down instead, so now they're trotting out the Respected Elders and High Profile Celebs to kindly, but publicly push aside Joe. Clooney didn't do this as a whim - people put him up to it because they did the math & realized Joe can't win. As painful as this is, they need to do it now & do it quickly before it's too late. For his own sake, I wish Joe would take the high ground and speak to the country about the dire threat of Trump, rather than his (or Jill's) personal desire to dig in

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2024 5:20 PM

George Clooney is the new Hitler

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2024 5:21 PM

r32, see you at the convention.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 5:22 PM

Kamala Harris is the alternative. She’s already polling better than Biden. There are any number of strong candidates despite your lame “Joe or nothing” position.

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2024 5:22 PM

R30 it would not be difficult at all if Biden chose to withdraw his candidacy and chose to lift up Kamala Harris in his place.

But the current dynamic is impossible. Biden is 100% defiant and 100% determined to stay in. So the options are either

(A) shut up about it (which most of them are doing) or

(B) try to force him out against his will. That will fail, and it could further damage Biden's chances of winning, which are already looking sad.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2024 5:23 PM

Clooney is crazy if the dismisses the chaos of an open convention with "it'll be messy." Messy? No. Shit. The one thing we absolutely have to avoid is an open convention. Those are brutal and the wounds do not heal. People don't all come together in unity at then end singing Kumbaya. And I guaranfuckingtee you the Russian trolls, and the agents of chaos the Republicans pay, will definitely be there to divide and disrupt and piss all over the Democratic convention. The Republican operatives have been working hard to pick off enough Democrats to disrupt the convention. They are hoping for an insurgency. We really cannot afford an open convention.

His predictions of losing the House are wrong headed. A Presidential election is really 50 statewide elections. In every state we have a Democratic Party and grassroots organizers. Their tasked with helping get Democratic members of Congress and the Senate and the legislatures elected. The House doesn't need Anyone but their state organizations to get them elected. The Senate was always going to be rough. People have stars in their eyes thinking they can beat Rick Scott in Florida, Ted Cruz in Texas. I'd love it if it happened, but I don't see how.

Right now Sherrod Brown in Ohio has a rough race. We have Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nevada and MAryland. We will lose West Virginia. It's gone. So we need to flip at least one seat to keep what we have. If we lose in Maryland and/or Ohio, the Senate is gone. We need the Senate to deal with the Supreme Court. We cannot afford a Republican Senate Majority. So put some resources into it. Work hard. There are plenty of high profile Dems who can make visits and help raise money. The Obamas, Hillary, Bill, and any number of others. Clooney is good for one thing. Raising money. If he is so worried about the Senate and the House tell him to give them money because they need it. Clooney does a lot of good work internationally, and so does his wife. But he needs to stay out of Presidential politics.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2024 5:24 PM

The NYT, Clooney and others who are asking Biden to step down - I believe they know something we don't know or see. Yet. It wasn't just one debate.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2024 5:24 PM

BUT, R35, she's ALREADY ON THE TICKET.

So why not come together and just sell the whole ass ticket instead of making a circus show out of everything? It just doesn't make any sense.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2024 5:25 PM

Kamala is the only candidate who could take control of the Biden Harris campaign.

So are we discussing what an awesome VP Secretary Pete would be?

We just move the 2028, Harris/Buttigieg ticket, to 2024.

Just that simple.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2024 5:29 PM

Maybe the NATO summit will be his last hurrah, and he'll step out of the race next week. I don't really know what to expect at this point, there's no textbook to follow.

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2024 5:45 PM

Headline: Former "Facts of Life" and "Golden Girls" Guest Star Wants Current Prez to Step Down.

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2024 5:51 PM

Oh...

[quote] A peeved George Clooney complained to the White House after President Joe Biden blasted the International Criminal Court for its case against Israeli leaders - an investigation the Oscar winner's wife had worked on, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

[quote] Clooney phoned Steve Ricchetti, counselor to the president, last month after Biden denounced the ICC's request for arrest warrants against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant as "outrageous," the Post reported, citing three administration officials.

[quote] The two-time Academy Award winner was concerned the Biden administration might impose sanctions on the international court, including his wife, human rights lawyer Amal Clooney, the Post said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2024 5:52 PM

Meanwhile, in "Newsweek":

Cousin Geri Says Biden Should Serve Four More Years!

by Anonymousreply 44July 10, 2024 5:55 PM

Kamala is hated beyond belief. She was already a problem for Joe. Now people are being asked to vote for two losers on the same ticket. Democrats turned their backs and became hostile towards the white working class, which used to be the party’s backbone. It’s never recovered. Democrats have a messaging problem and a cultural problem.

by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2024 6:00 PM

[quote]I feel sorry for America - are these two really the best choices you have?

Voting is funny like that.

You feel like a non-voter.

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2024 6:02 PM

[quote] Kamala is hated beyond belief.

I love how people just pull a personal assertion outta their ass and present it as objective fact.

As recent as a couple of weeks ago I was convinced she can't win against Trump. But, depending on her running mate and prosecuting the case against Trump, I've backed away from that.

by Anonymousreply 47July 10, 2024 6:10 PM

R8 please explain the twink story. That sounds interesting.

by Anonymousreply 48July 10, 2024 6:12 PM

Hollywood celebrities should just shut up about politics. But in this case, George Clooney has got it right!

by Anonymousreply 49July 10, 2024 6:31 PM

Team Swift.

by Anonymousreply 50July 10, 2024 6:34 PM

For weeks, we've been waiting in suspense to hear George Clooney's opinion on who the Democratic Party's presidential candidate should be. With his decades-long expertise of American politics and wealth of knowledge gained from several presidential campaigns, it would be political suicide to ignore him. He has spoken and we must follow.

by Anonymousreply 51July 10, 2024 6:45 PM

Did George issue this statement from his house in France? France where coincidentally his beard's arms dealer uncle Ziad Takieddine who supplies Hamas also lives.

Does George know what Hamas does to gay men? Throws them off of buildings.

by Anonymousreply 52July 10, 2024 6:57 PM

R22 both Bill Clinton and Obama were pretty inspired liberal candidates. So was Biden in 2020. He was perfect. I think Hillary was the right choice, but at just the wrong time in history.

I will say Kerry was a dud. For sure. Gore was uninspired, but it was his turn. He's a push for me.

But overall? I think we've done pretty well. I feel like that's a thing we just say every cycle. Even though the evidence actually proves otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2024 6:57 PM

R24, sadly I think the Republican Party is a lot more united because they are overwhelmingly one thing (bigoted/selfish) whereas the Dems are overwhelmingly diverse and have wants that don’t line up as clearly.

by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2024 7:09 PM

R45 = more ignorant than he lets on

by Anonymousreply 55July 10, 2024 7:09 PM

Mostly agree R53. Our only total duds in my lifetime were Mondale and Dukakis and Kerry. Gore and Hillary Clinton were like "Qualifications 10, Charisma 2."

After watching Bill Clinton and Barack Obama both win two terms, and Biden circa 2024 failing and Hillary failed and Kerry, Gore, Dukakis and Mondale before that... it is clear to me that for Democrats, charisma and talent as a public communicator is EVERYTHING. We are fucked for 2024 but in 2028, assuming America still has real democratic elections, we have got to put up a nominee with charisma and strong communication skills. Regardless of gender, race, or age.

If you keep score across both parties, it's not like the GOP has been slaughtering us over the decades. The record shows an even balance of strong and weak candidates on both sides. And part of the reason Trump tapped into all that MAGA energy was that the ugly MAGA wing of the party was always out there, seething, and it drove them apoplectic to watch first McCain and then Romney lose to the Black guy.

by Anonymousreply 56July 10, 2024 7:10 PM

Get him off my screen

by Anonymousreply 57July 10, 2024 7:18 PM

[quote]Kamala is hated beyond belief. She was already a problem for Joe. Now people are being asked to vote for two losers on the same ticket. Democrats turned their backs and became hostile towards the white working class, which used to be the party’s backbone. It’s never recovered. Democrats have a messaging problem and a cultural problem.

Republicans turned their backs and became hostile towards minorities and anyone other than an aggrieved segment of the white working class. And that segment continues to decline and lose influence as the country becomes more diverse. They have just as much or more of a messaging and cultural problem you claim the Democrats have.

by Anonymousreply 58July 10, 2024 7:24 PM

[quote] both Bill Clinton and Obama were pretty inspired liberal candidates.

Bill Clinton was not a liberal. He ran at a moderate and ran on screwing social security.

by Anonymousreply 59July 10, 2024 7:26 PM

Has production started on the Will Smith/George Clooney buddy film yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60July 10, 2024 7:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 10, 2024 7:32 PM

Since Clooney headlined a fundraiser that contributed $28 million to Joe's coffers a few weeks after he complained to the White House on behalf of Amal, I'm going to conclude that this is not part of some elaborate revenge plot he's concocted -- regardless of what nutcases on Twitter are implying (or outright claiming).

by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2024 7:43 PM

r51, here, here for a return to true wit and wisdom...and sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 63July 10, 2024 7:51 PM

r59, and ended up screwing the poor.

by Anonymousreply 64July 10, 2024 7:52 PM

You guys need to get out here to the trenches. There is absolutely no way in hell Kamala will ever be president.

Here's my sense from Deplorable Haven, FL: People here who previously voted for Trump are less excited about voting for him than they used to be. In fact, my guess is that many past Trump voters won't turn out to vote at all in November. They don't want to vote for Biden [italic]or[/italic] Trump.

But put Kamala at the top of the ticket, and every one of those racist/sexist mfers will get up off their fat ignorant asses and go to the polls to vote [bold]against[/bold] a black female president. I am certain of that.

There is a biker bar I've been to on the Nature Coast that still has a doll of Obama hanging from a noose at the bar. The few times I'd been there, I never went inside (the stage and food are outside), so I'd never seen it before. But I went there about six months ago, and saw it in the bar. A chill went up my spine, and I left very shortly thereafter. And no, I won't be going back there.

Back when Obama was president, I went to a shoe store in Kissimmee to pick up the motorcycle boots I was having re-soled, and the owner had put up a target on the door with Obama's face in the middle.

Never underestimate the influence of racism/sexism on the po' ignorant white trash who yes, indeed, have the same right to vote as you and I do. And apparently, there are a lot more of them than I ever could have imagined.

If Democrats want to win this time (and IMHO, our entire democracy is at stake), we'd best be safe and not poke the snake.

by Anonymousreply 65July 10, 2024 8:01 PM

R2, clearly you don’t read the NYT. Their editorial board has twice asked that Biden step down.

by Anonymousreply 66July 10, 2024 8:06 PM

R65 is correct. Kamala will absolutely enrage and activate the MAGAts.

I said over a decade ago that the liberals saying "we're living in a post racial society now" after Obama won--well, those people had their heads up their asses. (And I am a liberal Democrat, but I also look at reality).

by Anonymousreply 67July 10, 2024 8:07 PM

[quote]With his decades-long expertise of American politics and wealth of knowledge gained from several presidential campaigns, it would be political suicide to ignore him.

George Clooney just did a fundraiser with Biden a few weeks ago where he spent time with Biden one-on-one. Plus, he's not a politician and he doesn't have to worry about getting re-elected. That alone means he has a valuable perspective that we're obviously not going to get otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 68July 10, 2024 8:15 PM

Didn't Clooney shoot someone while filming a western, or was that another pompous ass with a crazy child-hoarding wife?

by Anonymousreply 69July 10, 2024 8:17 PM

R67, that’s not why people hate her. She’s an incompetent moron who slept her way to the top. She wouldn’t go to the border because it was beneath her and she fell for the Jussie Smollett crap. She shouldn’t be in politics period. She was a DEI hire. All Biden saw was race when choosing. That came from his own mouth. Now, the country is screwed.

by Anonymousreply 70July 10, 2024 8:17 PM

R70 don’t forget she was asked about Israel a few days ago and said she worries about women in Gaza having sanitary pads during their periods.

Definitely what you want a president of the United States to bring up when asked about something as complicated as the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 71July 10, 2024 8:30 PM

Why does George Clooney think he’s so important? Who gives a fuck about what he has to say whether he’s right or wrong. He’s a fucking actor.

by Anonymousreply 72July 10, 2024 9:05 PM

R72, Democrats and liberals are in bed with Hollywood, with people who get paid to play make believe all day.

by Anonymousreply 73July 10, 2024 9:14 PM

Remember how grueling it is to campaign, and the schedule is going to get even busier and more stressful. I don’t think Biden is going to make it.

by Anonymousreply 74July 10, 2024 9:32 PM

Biden will step down. I suspect next week. He’s not Trump. He has a soul. He’ll do the right thing. His admin knows it’s time.

by Anonymousreply 75July 10, 2024 9:34 PM

He also has an ego and a chip on his shoulder. Not so sure.

by Anonymousreply 76July 10, 2024 9:40 PM

For those of you who say Joe stepping down will result in complete chaos, look at the 2020 contest. Candidates swiftly moved aside and supported Joe shortly after the South Carolina primary. Well, not Bernie, but everyone else. They all put beating Trump ahead of personal ambition. Same will happen here.

He’ll step aside and Dems will select a few candidates and have them do a few debates ahead of convention. It won’t be a free for all. It will be invigorating.

UK just had an election in 6 weeks. Similar in France. We don’t need two years to figure this out. There’s plenty of time. And if he steps aside, we beat those motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 77July 10, 2024 9:41 PM

Why do people care so much the political opinion of a mediocre actor who used popular for his good, but has aged out. Brad Pitt was better and is not taking himself so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 78July 10, 2024 9:46 PM

I'm not as old as Biden, but I'd also have trouble staying awake listening to George Clooney talk

by Anonymousreply 79July 10, 2024 9:46 PM

R78 because he’s one of the party’s biggest donors and just spent considerable time with Biden and has a Batline to every major party player.

by Anonymousreply 80July 10, 2024 9:48 PM

If he makes it past the convention, Biden will win.

by Anonymousreply 81July 10, 2024 9:48 PM

Georgie, go botch-a-yourself!

by Anonymousreply 82July 10, 2024 9:52 PM

SOUTH PARK called it. Clooney is a smug bastard.

by Anonymousreply 83July 10, 2024 9:56 PM

R70 just outed himself by calling Kamala Harris is a "DEI hire." When Biden chose her as his candidate "DEI" hadn't become the right-wing buzzword to denigrate minorities who are in positions of power because, of course, they're never qualified regardless of their record, experience or personal achievements. The sole reason they are where they are is due to their race, ethnicity or gender. No matter how hard they try to hide their hate, it eventually comes out.

THAT is the type of racist assholes you'll get in a Trump government if you vote Republican or don't vote at all because you think Biden is too old or upset someone else wasn't chosen to run. Support whoever heads the Democratic ticket, no matter what. Recognize the real threat and don't be distracted by the trivial bullshit. This isn't a game.

by Anonymousreply 84July 10, 2024 9:59 PM

[quote] If he makes it past the convention, Biden will win.

Dreamer.

by Anonymousreply 85July 10, 2024 10:00 PM

DEI = Zionist

by Anonymousreply 86July 10, 2024 10:01 PM

Clooney hasn't been a good, let alone great actor, for 50 years.

Leave the National policy up to Joe.

by Anonymousreply 87July 10, 2024 10:08 PM

I didn't listen to Susie Sarandon, I ain't listenin' to George.

by Anonymousreply 88July 10, 2024 10:08 PM

OP: Even if President Biden steps down, that is a disrespectful headline.

by Anonymousreply 89July 10, 2024 10:09 PM

r89, FnF the op.

by Anonymousreply 90July 10, 2024 10:21 PM

Republicans are propping up the most corrupt and criminal candidate in history, a delusional liar nonpareil, because those Evangelical Capitalists, who bought the Supreme Court, know they can make the Trump marionette jump. The only thing that changed after Trumps one term was his insurrection, the completion of the purchase of the Supreme Court (Justices can accept GRATUITIES?), the Big Lie, and all of his indictments and convictions.

Those rich White Supremacists have been prepping for this for years, but they had no idea that their puppet would be so defective.

Plus, adding Dobbs and Republicans know they are fucked.

Wait, wait, did Biden sneeze?

by Anonymousreply 91July 10, 2024 10:27 PM

R89, it's DL. Home of "the World Trade Center is an insatiable bottom".

by Anonymousreply 92July 10, 2024 10:27 PM

Shut up, George. You think you're quite important, don't you? You're not.

by Anonymousreply 93July 10, 2024 10:34 PM

Right on, r84!

And as for Harris' sex life, which is nobody's fucking business, I'm glad for Harris that she got as much dick as she did. In fact, that recommends me to her even more.

Harris an elected US Senator. She is a former California Attorney General.

Ever notice how Trump Ass Lickers think it's just fine Trump couldn't even make a go of a casino where people are actually HANDING YOU MONEY, he's an adjudicated rapist, and he couldn't quote any portion of the US Constitution even if you shoved it under his nose in letters two feet.

They've allowed Trump to thrive, that ostensibly "Wealthy", White, Male, with no standards of credentials and behavior, but when it comes to Harris, all of a sudden they develop them.

r70 and r71 can both Fuck-Off and take their ass-kicking they got here back to Truth Social.

by Anonymousreply 94July 10, 2024 10:39 PM

Oh, and forgot to add, George Clooney is right.

by Anonymousreply 95July 10, 2024 10:41 PM

Clooney is right. Biden is going to LOSE. That's a fact. He can't even beat a FELON!!

by Anonymousreply 96July 10, 2024 10:43 PM

Biden is good. I’m not sure why the Democratic Party can’t get in line like the republicans, ffs!

by Anonymousreply 97July 10, 2024 10:44 PM

Can someone please post a link about the paralyzed Italian twink? I can't find it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 98July 10, 2024 10:53 PM

Not believing you r98. You’ve seen it. Another one of Clooney’s minions.

by Anonymousreply 99July 10, 2024 10:57 PM

Jesus Christ—the Biden defenders are so disingenuous that it’s hard not to wonder if they’re really Trump supporters.

Biden didn’t “sneeze.” He completely fell apart in a debate with Trump and by his own admission can only function effectively 6 hours a day. He wants to be an 86-year-old President .

He’s losing, and that’s not going to miraculously change.

by Anonymousreply 100July 10, 2024 11:02 PM

R39 - unfortunately I think it's at the point where people view Biden as a liability and don't want to vote for a ticket with his name on it. Anyway, I think we'll have an answer as to whether Biden's staying in the race relatively soon. A lot hinges on tomorrow's press conference.

by Anonymousreply 101July 10, 2024 11:04 PM

[quote]Here's my sense from Deplorable Haven, FL: People here who previously voted for Trump are less excited about voting for him than they used to be. In fact, my guess is that many past Trump voters won't turn out to vote at all in November. They don't want to vote for Biden or Trump.

I agree with what you said about the lack of enthusiasm for Trump...but, they also hate Biden with a passion too and if they think he's weak, that will bring them out in droves. But otherwise, you're right - putting Kamala at the top of the ticket is like waving a red flag in front of an angry bull. Those people will go apeshit.

by Anonymousreply 102July 10, 2024 11:21 PM

I love how Datalounger Democrats----like myself---were insulted last fall for worrying about Biden. We were told by the BidenStans AFTER Trump was convicted he would be losing to Biden. You were wrong bitches. Repeatedly. Start panicking because Grampa ain't gonna save us from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 103July 10, 2024 11:21 PM

[quote]Biden will step down. I suspect next week. He’s not Trump. He has a soul.

WANNA BET? Hunter is advising him.

by Anonymousreply 104July 10, 2024 11:25 PM

Spoiler Alert....Asian Americans are now turning on Biden. Just like Democrat donors. Just like the Tranz Community. Just like Black voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 10, 2024 11:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106July 10, 2024 11:37 PM

I'm not a Biden defender pers se. I am just interested in defeating Trump and Joe would be doing fine if it weren't for the Media driving and shaping this narrative. Yes he has lost steam. Yes he is old. Too old. But we knew this 6 months ago. We knew it 2 years ago. We knew it one year ago. You do not change your nominee three-4 months out from an election. Think t his through. First of all no, people will not all come together the way they did in 2020. The only reason they did it then was because it was Biden. None of the other wannabes were able to unite factions and bring the party together then and they won't be now.

And many of you also underestimate the probability of mischief from the Republicans and their minions. They'd absolutely love an open convention.They want us to dump Joe. They want Kamala to b the nominee. Or, anyone for hat matter. Look at the record of achievements of this administration. Do you have any idea how stupid we would look to the entire world, not to mention our own countrymen, if we dump this administration because the NYT, CNN and George Clooney say so? If you wanted Joe Biden to resign you should have given him a dignified exit ramp. Bullying him and gossiping and spreading bullshit isn't going to do it. At this point in time, " we gotta dance with the guy that brung us."

by Anonymousreply 107July 10, 2024 11:50 PM

Please, R107, LOUDER for the people in back

Everyone else, please re-read R107 and understand that changing horses midstream (or wtf the metaphor is) is beyond stupid

by Anonymousreply 108July 10, 2024 11:54 PM

Fuck George!!!

by Anonymousreply 109July 10, 2024 11:55 PM

Black women are dragging Clooney for filth on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 110July 11, 2024 12:00 AM

Bullshit, R107. Joe was old a few years ago but he was still capable of leading our nation. Now he's led around by his power-hungry wife. He was given an offramp, but he refuses to get off the damn highway. He's now comparable to the old guy unknowingly weaving between lanes who's had his directional signal on for the last four exits. He hasn't a clue anymore.

Also, a big grain of salt with the Clooney article. He was pissed because his Muslim wife's demands that Netanyahu (and Hamas leaders) be arrested for war crimes, were ignored by the Biden administration. These celebrities become more self-important and delusional by the day. And what's this about DC politicians and governors telling him about their private opinions on Biden? He's a celebrity who doesn't even reside in the US. WTF is wrong with these wannabe star fuckers?

by Anonymousreply 111July 11, 2024 12:00 AM

In what way is Jill Biden power hungry? Where are you getting your information from

by Anonymousreply 112July 11, 2024 12:03 AM

If Joe had chosen a strong, experienced VP we wouldn't be in this predicament.

But like all Presidents and their massive egos, he didn't want someone who could possibly outshine him so he chose a lightweight.

by Anonymousreply 113July 11, 2024 12:09 AM

R112 his eyes and ears

by Anonymousreply 114July 11, 2024 12:11 AM

R112, the right loves to accuse her of elder abuse. I never saw it until after the debate. They sent him out there knowing damn well he was going to crash and burn. Then she led him off the stage like a mother would a child. The Biden family is complicit along with every staff member and official who has been part of the cover-up. He works for us not the other way around. People are upset and rightfully so.

by Anonymousreply 115July 11, 2024 12:12 AM

Bullshit, r107.

We're not in this because of the media.

We're in this because Joe Biden is no exception to the standings: Time, Aging, Gravity - Billions v. Humans - ZERO

And I didn't just jump on the Give-it-up, Joe Bandwagon after the debate.

I had misgivings two years ago when he announced he was running again. And since then, every time he appears on my TV I avert my eyes and ears, too damn nervous to watch him.

That counts for something, and President Empathy should exercise some of that on behalf of Democrats.

And I don't buy the fear mongering over the convention. This is our challenge. This is how we show Americans we correct mistakes and move on to address the existential threat posed by Trump.

by Anonymousreply 116July 11, 2024 12:14 AM

Even though Clooney is right in this one specific case, I would be glad to see him cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 117July 11, 2024 12:20 AM

[quote] Do you have any idea how stupid we would look to the entire world, not to mention our own countrymen, if we dump this administration because the NYT, CNN and George Clooney say so?

I can't speak for other countries, but I can say that here in the UK, most people would certainly not consider it a stupid move for the Dems to convince Biden to quit. The general consensus among the British media is that Biden is about to hand the presidency to Trump. That view is definitely shared by the people I've discussed it with IRL (although obviously that's just my bubble). It's your country and your decision, but I really don't think it's true that the rest of the world would see it as a sign of weakness or foolishness if you ditched Biden.

by Anonymousreply 118July 11, 2024 12:21 AM

The UK needs to keep their political opinions to themselves for a very long time

by Anonymousreply 119July 11, 2024 12:25 AM

My impression is that the debate just ripped off the grand illusion that the White House has been manufacturing for months, by shielding Biden from press conferences, interviews, complicated walks to a podium, etc. because they have known (but hid) the fact that he is in bad shape. Plus the campaign and knitting circle around Joe have been telling people for months that everything is fine. It's not personal, we are just in the middle of a political crisis and we can't afford to run a weak candidate who has lost the confidence of the American people.

by Anonymousreply 120July 11, 2024 12:31 AM

Riddle me this, R120:

If that were true, how come we never heard ANY OF THAT from Moses Mike Johnson or any of the other Congressional GOP who met with President Biden on a regular basis (including but not limited to the State of the Union0?

by Anonymousreply 121July 11, 2024 12:34 AM

Mike Johnson has been calling Biden weak from the get go.

by Anonymousreply 122July 11, 2024 12:35 AM

I'll listen to Mr. Lichtman, thank you very much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 11, 2024 12:37 AM

His wig may very well be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 124July 11, 2024 12:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 11, 2024 12:55 AM

[quote]His wig may very well be wrong.

I'll trust his expertise over Clooney's.

by Anonymousreply 126July 11, 2024 12:56 AM

Clooney's "opinion" piece is designed to diminish Biden's fundraising abilities. You do know that in addition to the Russian and I/ranian actors there are Israeli interests shitting on the floors?

by Anonymousreply 127July 11, 2024 12:59 AM

R177 here, When I said Iranian actors I was including the pro Palestinian and Hamas people. Clooney is definitely supporting his wife and who knows who is supporting her. Of course as so many people on Twitter have pointed out, Rob Reiner, Stephen King, and George Clooney who doesn't even live in the United States will not be affected by a Trump election at all.

by Anonymousreply 128July 11, 2024 1:02 AM

Meanwhile, Joe's still doing his job and Trump is...

by Anonymousreply 129July 11, 2024 1:04 AM

36 minutes ago

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 11, 2024 1:06 AM

I wonder if it annoys Trump that the media is currently paying so much more attention to Biden than they are to him. To narcissists like Trump, publicity is oxygen.

by Anonymousreply 131July 11, 2024 1:07 AM

I now love HOLLYWEIRD Republican Clooney!

by Anonymousreply 132July 11, 2024 1:11 AM

R123 Lichtman has been discredited REPEATEDLY. But it is nice you didn't start another DL thread for him...Grampa Biden is losing this. Stop blaming Democrats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133July 11, 2024 1:13 AM

Clooney's beard and her Hamas supporting family have George over a barrel. They know what he did on Lake Como. George has to toe the line or her arms dealer uncle Ziad Takieddine might have one of his Hamas associates throw George off a building. Isn't that what Hamas does to gay men, throws them off of buildings?

by Anonymousreply 134July 11, 2024 1:48 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 11, 2024 2:29 AM

[quote]A Times congressional correspondent, Annie Karni, wrote on X that “Biden is fighting back on Clooney” and cited “a source familiar with event planning” as mocking the actor for his level of participation at a June 15 fundraiser that Clooney referenced in his op-ed.

[quote]“The President stayed for over three hours, while Clooney took a photo quickly and left,” the source said.

by Anonymousreply 136July 11, 2024 2:39 AM

DNC just formally announced they're nominating Biden as the candidate in the next 2 weeks.

Sorry, trolls. Palace coup is over.

by Anonymousreply 137July 11, 2024 2:43 AM

[quote]R30 it would not be difficult at all if Biden chose to withdraw his candidacy and chose to lift up Kamala Harris in his place.

Absolute triple-distilled weapons-grade horseshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138July 11, 2024 3:03 AM

What does half-billionaire Clooney care? He’ll be living and maiming and on Lake Como without a care.

R107 is right. Keep dancing and we might not fall on our faces, but kick Joe out of the dance and we’re guaranteed to go home alone.

by Anonymousreply 139July 11, 2024 3:24 AM

Enough with the lame Reddit posts

by Anonymousreply 140July 11, 2024 3:31 AM

I REFUSE to have an opinion until I hear from Clooney's Facts of Life co-star Mindy Cohn!

by Anonymousreply 141July 11, 2024 4:10 AM

Many of us know that there is no easy way out when you make a chain of poor decisions, and the same goes for DNC. Not only did they lie about Joe's abilities and are now trying to put him under the bus when it became obvious to general public, just few monts before elections. But they also chose a VP that is not suitable to replace him.

If I were American I would be more concerned who is running this party, what are their intentions and capability of judgement than Joe's. Thry are lucky they are connected to mainstream media, because independent media would start to pose that kind of questions. The conservative media will surely tear them to pieces.

by Anonymousreply 142July 11, 2024 6:03 AM

Why does everyone think they have to first pledge their love for Biden before asking him to do the right and decent thing? Who actually "loves" a politician?

by Anonymousreply 143July 11, 2024 6:08 AM

What r107 said. We knew Biden was too old in 2020. Trump shifted the cultural and political landscape so ruinously that in 2020 we had no choice but to go with the oldest, most experienced white man in the Democratic arsenal. No one else could have taken Trump out in 2020...no one. He is also our only hope in 2024 despite all the unnecessary whining, handwringing and dramatics.

by Anonymousreply 144July 11, 2024 6:11 AM

[quote] We knew Biden was too old in 2020.

However, people believed that Biden could still eke out one term, barely. Few anticipated that the Biden family would try to grab power for a second term.

by Anonymousreply 145July 11, 2024 6:52 AM

R144 wrong. Bernie was the oldest and experienced white man. The one that probably would have addressed cost of living crisis and foreign conflicts and wars differently. But the corporate overlords didn't like him.

by Anonymousreply 146July 11, 2024 7:08 AM

He is giving fuel to the Right wing idiots. Now Dave Portnoy is saying he should have known Biden was a vegetable all along.

by Anonymousreply 147July 11, 2024 8:41 AM

“Keep this shit up and you’re going to long for the days when you were on Facts Of Life”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 11, 2024 10:09 AM

Okay boomer.

by Anonymousreply 149July 11, 2024 10:15 AM

[quote]No one else could have taken Trump out in 2020...no one.

R144 it would have been better if Biden lost in 2020 because now Trump will almost certainly be reelected with a plurality of voters, an electoral college landslide, greater powers to go after his enemies and party majorities in both houses.

And all because of Joe Biden and people like you.

by Anonymousreply 150July 11, 2024 10:39 AM

Right. George Clooney should shut-up but I’m supposed to listen to the smug know-it-all at r148.

by Anonymousreply 151July 11, 2024 10:43 AM

Joe is the first president running against a CRIMINAL Republican candidate, a corrupt Republican Party not held accountable for their Sedition, a corrupt Supreme Court, AND a right-wing corporate media who is able to pay a$787M fine for lying to the American people, that CONTINUES to lie to the American People.

Joe Biden CANNOT DO THIS ALONE.

by Anonymousreply 152July 11, 2024 10:48 AM

[quote]Joe Biden CANNOT DO THIS ALONE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153July 11, 2024 11:00 AM

[quote] However, people believed that Biden could still eke out one term, barely. Few anticipated that the Biden family would try to grab power for a second term.

Wishful thinking. Biden never committed to one term. His accomplishments have been historic. We should all be in soup lines and yet our post block down economy is thriving.

[quote] [R144] wrong. Bernie was the oldest and experienced white man. The one that probably would have addressed cost of living crisis and foreign conflicts and wars differently. But the corporate overlords didn't like him.

Bernie is and was a polarizing progressive socialist. He is not viable for higher office.

by Anonymousreply 154July 11, 2024 12:19 PM

[quote]His accomplishments have been historic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 11, 2024 12:22 PM

I'm starting to think all Jareds are problematic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156July 11, 2024 12:24 PM

The NYTimes Editorial Board declares that Treason45 is unfit to lead.

So their position is what, exactly?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157July 11, 2024 12:31 PM

R157, their position is that Biden is senescent at 81 and tracking to lose and must be replaced ASAP on the Dems side, and Trump is downright malevolent and morally, criminally and temperamentally unfit to be President on so many levels, and the NYT is disturbed that Trump is tracking to win.

Since you asked. I'm not in disagreement with them.

by Anonymousreply 158July 11, 2024 12:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 11, 2024 12:53 PM

R159 the media is embarrassing themselves. And they're going to keep going after Biden no matter what he is discussing. It's shameful.

by Anonymousreply 160July 11, 2024 1:00 PM

George Clooney is the new Susan Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 161July 11, 2024 1:40 PM

[quote] Clooney is 100% right. Unfortunately Biden has dug in hard and made it all this ego/hero/underdog personal narrative. And the Dem leadership almost entirely stands with him, so that's it.

You could substitute Trump for Biden in that proposition -- about time Dems showed some conviction.

by Anonymousreply 162July 11, 2024 1:42 PM

Mika and Joe this morning implied that Barack Obama was behind Clooney's editorial.

by Anonymousreply 163July 11, 2024 1:42 PM

[quote] [R30] it would not be difficult at all if Biden chose to withdraw his candidacy and chose to lift up Kamala Harris in his place.

Harris is not viable at top of the ticket. She cannot beat Trump and his rabid, howling MAGAts. She would be the "DEI President." Dems should be reassured that in a second Biden term she is in the wings ready to take over.

by Anonymousreply 164July 11, 2024 1:48 PM

[quote]Harris is not viable at top of the ticket.

Everyone's so sure of things they cannot possibly know.

by Anonymousreply 165July 11, 2024 1:49 PM

[quote] Mika and Joe this morning implied that Barack Obama was behind Clooney's editorial.

Cleanup in aisle 10!

by Anonymousreply 166July 11, 2024 1:53 PM

[quote] Everyone's so sure of things they cannot possibly know

Miss Gurl?! You really think a Black/South Asian woman can get swing state voters to the polls in 2024? I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

by Anonymousreply 167July 11, 2024 2:15 PM

[quote] The NYTimes Editorial Board declares that Treason45 is unfit to lead.

Their next article will declare that water is wet.

by Anonymousreply 168July 11, 2024 2:40 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169July 11, 2024 2:43 PM

It's interesting all this "Kamala Harris is not viable at the top of the ticket." And I'm wondering if that's part of what is happening post-debate with the polls. Obviously a lot of voters are thinking Biden is too elderly and weak/declining to do this. But maybe some voters are thinking, "Oh... so if there's no way Biden could actually do another 4 years then we're actually talking about Kamala taking over, aren't we."

Maybe most voters don't think it through that much. But maybe some do.

by Anonymousreply 170July 11, 2024 2:49 PM

George couldn't get his documentary aired because one of his executive producers on the doc was billionaire Ron Burkle who was a frequent flyer on Epstein's plane. This coupled with George's own sordid Lake Como misdeeds supposedly gave HBO pause.

Moral of the story: don't produce documentaries about the abuse of teens using the financial backing of a guy affiliated with Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 171July 11, 2024 2:53 PM

His daughter will be able to fly wherever she wants to get an abortion. George clearly doesn’t care about middle America.

by Anonymousreply 172July 11, 2024 3:10 PM

He doesn't even live here. Fuck him. His wife has him pussywhipped with all her Hamas driven bullshit. Clooney knows the Obamas. He's a big fundraiser so he knows all the big shot politicians. The Obamas and Clooney are "friends" in that Hollywood way. He probably called Obama because Joe was Obama's VP and they continue to be friends. Obama has been campaigning for Joe, and fundraising for Joe. Vigorously. He is not about to co-sign, endorse or encourage the continuing pile on of Joe Biden. Point of fact, Obama has always been protective of Joe. Chris Matthews re wrote history this morning when he said Obama endorsed Hillary over Biden in 2016. That's not what happened. Beau Biden Died in late spring of 2015. Joe was devastated, and he was not up to a Presidential campaign. He was grieving. The election was in November of 2016, but the campaigning started in 2015 and Joe was not able to deal with it. Now maybe Joe still wanted to run, and Barack discouraged him. But I interpret that as an act of a loving friend not as a betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 173July 11, 2024 3:42 PM

[quote]You really think a Black/South Asian woman can get swing state voters to the polls in 2024? I'll have some of whatever you're smoking.

Nothing is certain in a country that successively elected Barack Obama and Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 174July 11, 2024 4:06 PM

correction, R174: Barack Hussein Obama.

by Anonymousreply 175July 11, 2024 4:26 PM

I’m getting weary of the “Biden shouldn’t run” kids….it’s exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 176July 11, 2024 6:51 PM

Do you think in English, R19? I thought not.

Oh look, there are six of you!

by Anonymousreply 177July 11, 2024 7:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!