Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

GMA's Robin Roberts: “People think you can’t be gay and a Christian”

It’s not the ‘Robin Roberts Show’, it’s ‘Good Morning America.’ And there are so many people whose livelihoods depend on the success of our show. And so, if I do something that hurts the show, that hurts them.

Everybody I worked with knew. I would walk down the street with [her now-wife] Amber [Laign], and if somebody saw us, I would introduce her. I wasn’t trying to hide but yet, I wasn’t ready to, to fully [come out]…And part of it is, and I’ve never said this before, part of it is because of my Christianity.

I was afraid that people, they think you can’t be gay and a Christian. And I am. I am and I was so fearful that I would be shunned. I received a letter, a beautiful letter from the National Office at the Presbyterian Church after I announced about Amber, fully supportive, fully supportive, and then I think about all those years I wasted, worried, needless worry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2024 12:19 AM

She "came out" every time she would interview a female basketball or soccer player. There'd always be a puddle on the floor by the end.

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 9:30 PM

Who in their right mind ever thought she was straight ?

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 9:33 PM

I assume people think the Bible is a book that deals almost entirely with homosexuality and abortion.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 9:38 PM

Most people don't give a shit about this.

What she meant to say is that most Christians think you can't be gay and a Christian

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 9:45 PM

[quote]There'd always be a puddle on the floor by the end

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 9:46 PM

Robin Roberts is a narcissist. [bold]Queerty is pushing FLINTA[/bold]----->>>Spoiler Alert----->>>the "T" stands for TRANz!!! EMBRACE FLINTA!! Queerty is a joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 10:35 PM

Please don't be stupid! This has absolutely nothing to do with being a Christian! This is all about maintaining those Q ratings for popularity keep that money rolling in.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 10:45 PM

She's a good Christian woman who goes to church every Sunday with other good Christian women !

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 11:53 PM

“I’m sure she has a story to sell, bye Felicia.”

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 11:57 PM

She was talking about Whoopi.

by Anonymousreply 10July 10, 2024 12:05 AM

She is such a lame "interviewer". I hate all those morning network people.

by Anonymousreply 11July 10, 2024 12:11 AM

GMA is the worst. And that's saying something with competition from Gayle King and friends at CBS.

by Anonymousreply 12July 10, 2024 12:14 AM

R10 It was actually about Omarosa when she tried to work in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 13July 10, 2024 12:19 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!