Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why didn't anyone post President Biden's call in to Morning Joe on Monday?

He sounds perfectly coherent, fiery, and sharp.

I really am starting to believe that there is a major right-wing conspiracy out there between Trump, Republicans, and the media to bully the President into dropping out of the race.

Because they know he will beat Donald Trump.

President Biden is perfectly fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2024 3:58 PM

Of the 86 percent of likely voters who watched all or part of the debate, just 29 percent said Biden has the mental capacity and physical stamina to serve another four-year term, compared with 61 percent who said he does not. Only 33 percent said he should continue as the Democratic nominee, versus 52 percent who believe he should not. And just half of Democrats said Biden should be the party’s nominee or is mentally and physically fit to serve out another term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2024 12:10 PM

OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2024 12:11 PM

OP have you tried clapping your hands and repeating "I believe in Mighty Joe Biden!"

Do you believe?

Oh please, please, believe!

If you believe, wherever you are, clap your hands and he'll hear you!

Clap, clap! Don't let Mighty Joe lose in disgrace! Clap, clap!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2024 12:12 PM

Pointing to large crowds at weekend rallies in battleground states across the U.S., President Joe Biden laughed off the notion that he is seriously ill and pushed back against naysayers across the political and entertainment industries calling for him to step down from the Democratic presidential ticket, assuring all that he’s “not going anywhere” on a defiant phone call to MSNBC on Monday.

“The bottom line here is that we’re not going anywhere,” an energized Biden said on the phone call into Morning Joe, where he spoke directly to hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski. “I am not going anywhere. I wouldn’t be running if I didn’t absolutely believe that I am the best candidate to beat Donald Trump in 2024.”

“I don’t care what those big names think. They were wrong in 2020, they were wrong in 2022 about the red wave, and they’re wrong in 2024,” Biden said. “Come out with me. Watch, watch people react. You make a judgment.”

Biden added, “I’m getting so frustrated by the elites … the elites in the party who — they know so much more. Any of these guys don’t think I should, run against me: Go ahead. Challenge me at the convention.”

After Biden’s phone call, at least one high-profile Hollywood figure shared her support for the president. On The View, moderator Whoopi Goldberg firmly stood by the president in his reelection bid — at least for now.

“I don’t care if he’s pooped his pants. I don’t care if he can’t put a sentence together. Show me he can’t do the job, and then I’ll say, ‘OK, maybe it’s time to go.’” Goldberg said, going on to recall how, in his first debate in a wide field of Democratic challengers ahead of the 2020 election, Biden stumbled while sparring with his future vice presidential pick, Kamala Harris, and people wanted him to quit.

“He came back and said, ‘You know what? I got it,’ and gave four years,” Goldberg added. “So, yeah, I have poopy days all the time. … I step in so much poo. Now, I’m not running the world, but I don’t know anybody who doesn’t step in stuff at some point.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2024 12:13 PM

I see Boris/Chairman Mao are working hard at R1/R2/R3.

Earning those rubles and yuan.

Sad fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2024 12:14 PM

He was reading prepared remarks over a telephone line on “Morning Joe”.

How is that reassuring?

He also pissed off a lot of Democrats by referring to them as “elites”.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2024 12:15 PM

I'm actually starting to feel bad for people like OP. Accepting reality is often unpleasant and difficult. The mind throws up all sorts of denials and defense mechanisms to prevent the realization of a truth that is, for whatever reason, too difficult to bear. I wish I had a way of helping these tortured people.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2024 12:20 PM

Read his lips, cunt @R7:

"I am not going anywhere."

Bwahahahahahaha.

I think I'll make 5 calls today, asking people to vote for President Biden.

Just to spite you.

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2024 12:24 PM

R8, you're harming yourself. You're doing nothing to me. I saw this shit coming months ago and got called all sorts of names on here for telling the truth. I just don't understand how people get so emotionally invested in politics and politicians. I think what really angers you is that on some level you see that all these people you treated like wise benevolent saviors, from Joe to the media, have all fucking lied to you for months.

Politics is politics, the media want a paycheck and politicians (and their wives) want power, status and wealth. None of them really give a shit about anything else.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2024 12:34 PM

R8

“Hello, my name is Jim and I’m calling from the Biden campaign, do you have time for a few questions?

Do you believe in Mighty Joe Biden?

Can you clap your hands and repeat "I believe in Mighty Joe Biden!"

Do you believe?

Oh please, please, believe!

If you believe, clap your hands and he'll hear you!

Clap, clap! Don't let Mighty Joe lose in disgrace! Clap, clap!”

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2024 12:35 PM

Honestly, r5, do you really believe that Russian and Chinese interference agents are fluent enough in American Gay to post a choice Peter Pan clip and that they’ve have been deployed to sway a microcosm of eldergays whose primary interests outside of politics are The Facts of Life and VPLs, or are you just tired and scared and posting the most facile knee-jerk response at your fingertips in a state of utter panic? I hope for your sake it’s the latter.

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2024 12:40 PM

R4- Someone who’s senile often doesn’t know that they’re senile.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2024 12:43 PM

If Biden stays in the race, will you still vote for him?

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 12:45 PM

Indeed, R12

I'm kind of reminded of the book [italic]Elizabeth Is Missing[/italic], written from the point of view of an Alzheimers patient who has no idea anything is wrong with her. My dad was angry when the doctor took his drivers license away after an incident (his car only, no injuries) signaling advancing Parkinsons. If they're actually enabling this, the family is being cruel here, period.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 12:54 PM

Yes R13. But it's the swing voters in the key states that Biden needs to win. Today, 80% of Americans believe he is too old to run for a second term. That's quite a big number.

by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2024 1:00 PM

Forgot the link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2024 1:00 PM

And he..... won't back down!

Go Joe!

by Anonymousreply 17July 10, 2024 2:58 AM

The moderators probably thought a dead mic was all that was needed, but Biden said Trump never stopped talking the entire debate.

by Anonymousreply 18July 10, 2024 3:53 AM

R18, There was a split screen that did not show Trump talking or “shouting” as Biden said.

by Anonymousreply 19July 10, 2024 5:21 AM

Part of what made the debate so awful was that even Trump had the cunning often to be quiet and let Biden ramble, falter and lose his way. Trump's comment to the effect that "I don't know what that last remark meant, and I don't think he did either" was all the more devastating for being said gently - as though allowances needed to be made. When Trump avoids going for the jugular, that has to be a bad sign. As though he has some deep inside knowledge.

In fact it was Biden who was 'shouting', justifiably, about military matters and Trump's insults about soldiers, which he of course denied. All in all a dismal occasion. Any such follow-up event can only be considered with dread.

by Anonymousreply 20July 10, 2024 6:20 AM

The problem is the swign states.

In Wis. a candidate needs to be deceased in order to be replaced.

In Nevada, the June deadline to be replaced has already passed.

No dem is on the ballot yet in Ohio.

There are other state problems as well.

by Anonymousreply 21July 10, 2024 7:07 AM

^ the SWING states.

by Anonymousreply 22July 10, 2024 7:07 AM

He gave a pretty great speech at NATO last night.

(God, why in the hell did he even agree to that stupid debate?? We'd all be fine if he just hadn't done that. He was gaining in the polls. I actually felt all was going to be okay.)

by Anonymousreply 23July 10, 2024 8:59 AM

R23, The “big boy” press conference on Thursday is going to be the true test for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 24July 10, 2024 9:35 AM

Clooney bailed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2024 3:20 PM

Perhaps we could get Obama to convince Joe?

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2024 5:17 PM

I guess being coherent at the debates would have helped the conspiracy rumors

by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2024 5:29 PM

Ok Ok so Joe steps down-Who would you guys choose? Maybe it doesn’t matter just be under 60? ( Pritzker is too fat)

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2024 8:00 PM

They do better in the morning. As Joe himself said, he's not scheduling anything after 8 pm now.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2024 8:08 PM

R29, what are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2024 8:10 PM

R23, the interview he did post-debate was even worse.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2024 8:10 PM

R30 He is talking about something that Joe Biden recently said. And his first sentence likely has to do with the widely circulating belief that Biden has dementia.

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2024 8:12 PM

Anyone using the DL for political information is a complete moron

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2024 8:13 PM

[quote] They do better in the morning. As Joe himself said, he's not scheduling anything after 8 pm now.

R29 I hope global crises, wars, etc. will be courteous and adhere to that schedule.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 9:13 PM

Its pathetic and we are the ones getting fucked and not the good kind.

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2024 3:31 PM

R35, It’s like we’re getting fucked without lube.

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2024 3:34 PM

What about *this* thread deserved bumping, r35?

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2024 3:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!