Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Things that annoy you

Time for the annual (?), monthly (?), hourly (?) collection of the little grievances that, yes, are sweating the small stuff.

It drives me nuts when we have to sit and wait for some numpty to back into their parking spot instead of just pulling in. Time's a wasting. We're not getting any younger.

The tap machine. Just put the wi-fi connection in the same place on every unit.

The damn Jump to the Recipe link. Just don't write so goddamn much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 12, 2024 12:35 PM

Just smoke copious amounts of pot, silly!

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 9:57 PM

Loud motorcycles.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 9:58 PM

People who walk on the left side of the sidewalk.

I want to slap them.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 9:59 PM

I don't understand all the hate for reversing into parking spots. Either way, you're going to wait for someone. I.e., if the driver parks head-first, you're going to wait while that person reverses out.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 10:00 PM

People who humblebrag.

E.g., "I've only saved 2 million for retirement so I'm way behind!"

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 10:01 PM

Cell phone towers made to look like a palm tree in a pine forest.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 10:06 PM

Job applications that require three professional references. Bitch, I worked in restaurants until I was 40, when I went to law school. You want to talk to my manager at Applebee's?

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 10:07 PM

Everything.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 10:30 PM

R7, 💯

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 10:31 PM

Devices on speaker in public spaces.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 10:38 PM

Parents who hand their toddlers iPads and phones in public spaces (restaurants, airports) and let the kids watch annoying, high-pitched videos and games without earphones.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 10:39 PM

This is the smallest annoyance ever, but it gets me every time.

I hate the new baskets with wheels that many retailers (CVS, Walgreens, etc) have adopted in recent years. I get the concept, but they are heavier and bulkier than traditional shopping baskets, and a pain. I don't want to pull my shopping basket around the store with me.

At my local Walgreens, one of the baskets is missing the handle, so all you can do is drag it around. I don't know why the store doesn't just throw it out. Almost every time I shop, that's the basket atop the stack, so I have to set it aside and grab one that I can actually carry.

Very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 10:48 PM

Wow, R12. You’re practically walking the stations of the cross there. I was moved by your suffering.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 10:52 PM

People in stores who waffle. You know, stand out in the middle of the isle making it difficult for people to go around them.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 10:54 PM

I agree, OP. The cunts who back in to parking spaces need grease fires.

I also agree about people/kids not using headphones in public when they’re watching videos or playing games.

People are so fucking RUDE!

Fat asses in their fucking jazzy chairs blocking aisles at the grocery then getting all pissy when you say, “excuse me” and try to go around them.

Get your fat ass up and MOVE!

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 11:01 PM

I'm with r12. To add, they're made for short people. I get a sore back having to bend to pull that damn thing.

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 11:01 PM

WF putting the ingredients label on the bottom of packaged baked goods. That’s why all the pies look like shit.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 11:19 PM

Customers who only start to take out their purse when the cashier has scanned their purchases. And those at airport security who only get their shit ready while at security. Arrrgghhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 11:33 PM

People talking on their cell phones in public restrooms.

People who stand on the left side of the escalator.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2024 11:39 PM

People who walk up/down on escalators.

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2024 11:47 PM

I thought the rule for escalators was walk to the right, stand to the left.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2024 1:15 AM

Sorry, I had that backwards.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2024 1:30 AM

The rule should be not to walk at all. The food court's not going anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 1:32 AM

I walk extra fast on escalators after I've had lots of booze and need a urinal.

I have been tempted to... before anyone asks. But a crowded subway car between stops would be a lot more fun.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 1:37 AM

Raindrops on roses (black spot)

Whiskers on kittens (hives)

Bright copper kettles (tarnish)

Warm woollen mittens (itchy and useless for fine motor skills)

Brown paper packages tied up with strings (bomb squad?)

Cream-colored ponies (shit everywhere)

crisp apple strudels (high glycemic)

doorbells (noisy)

sleigh bells (cloying)

and schnitzel with noodles (Eeeeeeew... CARBS!!!!)

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 2:11 AM

People lost in their cell phone worlds on public transportation who make zero effort to accommodate the ebb and flow of a crowd of people, some of whom are still paying attention to the various social obligations we all used to have on public transportation.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 2:21 AM

All my aches and pains and my steadily diminishing co-ordination and short-term memory.

Bah.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 2:22 AM

Pedestrians, head in phone, at crosswalks.

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2024 2:23 AM

People with no spacial goddamn awareness of where they are and what they're doing, i.e. a frau who's trying to talk on the phone, push a cart down the aisle, and control 5-year-old Bratton all at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 3:52 AM

[quote] People talking on their cell phones in public restrooms.

This is so weird and horrible. I've seen it, though.

Escalators: If you just want to stand and let the escalator do the climbing, then stand on the right side. If you want to walk, then do that on the left. Just like driving a car.

by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2024 4:06 AM

^^ except if you’re in a country where they drive on the left, in which case the reverse applies. Same thing for which side of the footpath you walk on.

by Anonymousreply 31July 9, 2024 5:44 AM

Why do people back in?

by Anonymousreply 32July 9, 2024 7:24 AM

Backing into a parking space saves lives. You have a better view of traffic and people (in particular small kids) when you pull out forwards.

Escalators were meant to be walked on! Standing on them like cattle was never the idea, the concept was that people would still walk the stairs, the moving stairs, and get quicker from A to B.

by Anonymousreply 33July 9, 2024 7:37 AM

People who leave their shopping carts in the parking lot.

by Anonymousreply 34July 9, 2024 9:47 AM

How is "The Heiress" fitting this topic, OP? Catherine's grievances were anything but petty.

by Anonymousreply 35July 9, 2024 10:27 AM

Oblivious people in public who walk right in front of you, and expect YOU to get out of the way.

Service people who call me “Boss”…

Coworkers who leave random time on the shared microwave. Really, you stopped it at .03 seconds?

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2024 10:53 AM

Cars that pull out in front of you and don't put their foot down hard enough when there are no cars behind yours.

BEEEEEP, asshole!

People who can back smoothly and swiftly into parking spots are way better than the people who take five or six attempts to get in there. They need to go and perfect their skills in an EMPTY parking lot, not just go for it in a crowded lot off a main road on a Saturday. Traffic stopped on the main road as cars line up to get into the lot = way more dangerous than backing out. Especially since most cars have reversing cameras.

I walk up and down escalators fast. I just want to get out of there and get on with my day. Who has the time to stand on an escalator like a vegetable?

by Anonymousreply 37July 9, 2024 11:21 AM

[quote] Backing into a parking space saves lives. You have a better view of traffic and people (in particular small kids) when you pull out forwards.

I disagree. Because the reversing lights are not visible, others can’t tell if the driver is backing into the space or pulling out of it. Also cameras have made pulling out in reverse a lot safer.

by Anonymousreply 38July 9, 2024 11:39 AM

Service people who see my work ID badge lanyard and then call me by my first name.

by Anonymousreply 39July 9, 2024 11:40 AM

People who only know escalators from the mall apparently.

by Anonymousreply 40July 9, 2024 11:40 AM

I don't have a car (yes, I type poor), so most of my commute is spent among other pedestrians.

I've become annoyed by what I call "competitive walkers."

I have a very steady pace. Every so often, someone will overtake me, walking much faster. But once they pass me, they almost immediately slow down to slower pace. It's not necessarily that they want to get wherever they are going faster. They only want to show that they're walking faster than me.

by Anonymousreply 41July 9, 2024 11:47 AM

Escalators are like moving walkways in the airport. Meant to assist people with limited mobility, but if you can walk it, walk. It's not a ride.

by Anonymousreply 42July 9, 2024 11:57 AM

I love walking on the moving walkways.

I feel like Superman!

by Anonymousreply 43July 9, 2024 12:03 PM

R36, I LOVE being called “boss” by hunky workmen.

by Anonymousreply 44July 9, 2024 12:27 PM

someone holding the door open for me when i'm not that close to the door yet

people who constantly obstruct walking spaces in public

people who don't scoot up at red lights causing the turning lane to be inaccessible by an inch

spitting on the ground like a nasty animal

by Anonymousreply 45July 9, 2024 12:34 PM

Naggers

by Anonymousreply 46July 9, 2024 12:35 PM

Paranoid black tinted windows in the front seat of a car. And the people who will pull up right next to you in a public area with them.

by Anonymousreply 47July 9, 2024 12:38 PM

People who are too precious to use language conventions, such as R45, not only annoy.

They destroy civilization.

by Anonymousreply 48July 9, 2024 12:39 PM

People who use transitive verbs, such as “annoy,” as if they were intransitive.

by Anonymousreply 49July 9, 2024 12:56 PM

R47 super perverts do it to jerk off to unsuspecting children

by Anonymousreply 50July 9, 2024 1:02 PM

R48 i also hate pedants and prescriptivists

by Anonymousreply 51July 9, 2024 1:06 PM

Those foil caps on food and supplements. The tab is never big enough to pull the damn thing off.

by Anonymousreply 52July 9, 2024 1:10 PM

People who don’t use deodorant. Do they not know how much they stink?

by Anonymousreply 53July 9, 2024 1:17 PM

People who “innocently” let the elevator doors close mere seconds before you get there, even though they could CLEARLY hear/see you right behind them.

by Anonymousreply 54July 9, 2024 1:27 PM

My most consistent annoyance is how goddamn slow tourists walk; also how they clump up AND hold hands for dear life — as if someone wants to steal a fat Midwesterner.

by Anonymousreply 55July 9, 2024 1:28 PM

[quote] The tap machine. Just put the wi-fi connection in the same place on every unit.

The WHAT?

by Anonymousreply 56July 9, 2024 1:28 PM

Waddlers.

by Anonymousreply 57July 9, 2024 1:30 PM

I am guilty of that, r54, especially during the height of COVID. I worked at a university and had no interest in sharing an enclosed space with coughing frat boys who couldn't be bothered to mask properly.

by Anonymousreply 58July 9, 2024 1:30 PM

Salesmen who call me “Young man” as if they are flattering my 64-year-old ass.

by Anonymousreply 59July 9, 2024 1:33 PM

[quote] Service people who see my work ID badge lanyard and then call me by my first name.

MARY.

by Anonymousreply 60July 9, 2024 1:42 PM

R56:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 9, 2024 2:17 PM

Styrofoam

by Anonymousreply 62July 9, 2024 2:51 PM

People who say "I seen."

by Anonymousreply 63July 9, 2024 2:54 PM

This tap machine worked without wifi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 9, 2024 2:58 PM

FFS you back into to parallel parking spots because most spots are too small for front entrance. On most cars it's the wheels in front that turn so you have more control to position the stationary back wheels when you push them in. If the turning wheels are in the back, the way it is on some heavy machinery, you go in front ways. This is why backing in is the way it is always taught.

If you see a space ahead of time put on your blinker to give a little warning. If someone is tailgating on a street where there is only parallel parking and gets pissed, they're the asshole. Where do you think you are, the Bonneville Salt Flats?

Of course you go in front end if the space is large so you don't block traffic.

by Anonymousreply 65July 9, 2024 3:03 PM

For those that hate the baskets, COMPLAIN and then tell others to complain. I got Walmart to add more suitable baskets. Tell them you have to stop shopping there because it is too annoying to use theri baskets.

by Anonymousreply 66July 9, 2024 3:10 PM

OP, I loved The Heiress clip. She snips that thread after the twunk of the bolt being thrown, symbolically castrating Monty Clift.

Which is what I want to do when some jerk is tailgating me, passing me, and arriving at the stoplight two seconds before I do.

by Anonymousreply 67July 9, 2024 3:11 PM

Oh, honey. The “tap machine” doesn’t use wi-fi.

by Anonymousreply 68July 9, 2024 3:17 PM

Naggers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 9, 2024 3:18 PM

My supermarket is pushing these “smart carts” that basically bring the self-checkout scanners into your cart. They weigh a ton. Who wants to push that around?

by Anonymousreply 70July 9, 2024 3:19 PM

R68, it's the same symbol as the wifi at the top of my Mac, so that's why I referred to it as that.

Adding you to my list of things that annoy me, though I supposed you're used to be named there all around the world.

by Anonymousreply 71July 9, 2024 3:20 PM

R27, truth!

And I hate myself for not listening or, worse, making fun, when I was younger and elders would bitch and moan about getting older. They were right!

by Anonymousreply 72July 9, 2024 3:22 PM

I blame the ubiquity of back-up cameras for everyone backing in to park.

I do often wonder if it’s a zero-sum game like someone said above.

by Anonymousreply 73July 9, 2024 3:23 PM

Supermarket cashiers commenting on my purchases.

I know it's their job especially at Trader Joe's but I really wish they weren't required to do so. I don't need or want a stranger's opinion or questions. A hello at the beginning of the transaction and a thank you or goodbye at the end would suffice.

by Anonymousreply 74July 9, 2024 3:26 PM

R74, I am with you. I have always hated that and feel like it’s almost the breaking of some kind of nonexistent HIPPA-like code!

by Anonymousreply 75July 9, 2024 3:32 PM

I miss turning on the TV.

Now, I turn it on. I call up the app. I click on the program I want to watch. I call that up. Then I have to press watch and then, it seems like one more button to just watch the freaking show.

by Anonymousreply 76July 9, 2024 3:34 PM

R12, several years ago I shopped at a busy Costco on a Sunday afternoon. I don’t get to Costco much, and had never been to this one, but had some occasion to be buying a lot of stuff.

As is my practice, I parked far away from the store.

When I got relatively close to my car the shopping cart seized up. Apparently there was some wireless boundary in play to prohibit the theft of shopping carts. 🛒

It was a hot day, the lot was busy, and I basically had to lift the cart to get it close enough to be unloaded. I was annoyed.

I get similarly annoyed when I’m out of town and stop at a store where many items are under lock and key. I understand the idea, but feel punished in having to wait for a clerk to unlock a $5 air freshener.

by Anonymousreply 77July 9, 2024 3:38 PM

Men who wear suits with tennis shoes

Ankle socks

People who talk on their speaker phone while walking around

People who loudly use curse words randomly

People who don't watch after their children and then get annoyed when the rest of the world won't help them out- stop having babies or become better parents!

Too many cars on the road

Performers dressed in casual clothes- I don't want to be in your living- even Elvis wore a suit!

When you ask for help with something and the other person's first response is " First sign onto the internet"

by Anonymousreply 78July 9, 2024 3:58 PM

People who barge through doors and run over those trying to exit. People exiting have the right of way. The etiquette is the same for buses, trains, and elevators.

Cell phones and tablets blaring music or audio from a video. If you can afford a phone, you can afford ear buds.

Bicyclists barreling down the sidewalk and being offended that pedestrians are in their path. The worst are the ones with the little bell on the handlebars.

by Anonymousreply 79July 9, 2024 4:00 PM

"Contact Us" with a phone number that never lets you speak to an actual person.

by Anonymousreply 80July 9, 2024 4:46 PM

Huge SUVs (Escalades, GMC whatever-the-fuck they call that behemoth) driven by the shortest women on the planet!! They can't see over the steering wheeil so it takes them 87 tries to pull into a parking spot. They also have to park close to the store. Watching them try to back that sucker out of spot is definitedly a popcorn moment. I pull in at the bottom of the parking lot and pull into a space all by itself. Easy in, easy out.

While I'm on the subject, the assholes in the jalopies (yes, I'm old) that have as many dents as Doan's has pills, that feel the need to park right next to me, despite the parking lot being damn near empty. Same goes for box trucks and the occasional Fire/Rescue truck. I park far away for two reasons; (1) walking is free exercise so I park as far away as possible and, (2) to keep my car from getting dinged by errant shopping carts and careless car owners.

Lastly, women who use the ladies' room and don't observe the unwritten rule of "every other stall." The damn place is empty but you feel the need to use the stall next to me while you're on the phone with your bestie. Do they really need to hear toilets flush and do I need to hear your conversations? I'm guessing the same rule applies for urinals.

by Anonymousreply 81July 9, 2024 5:07 PM

People who ride escalators and STOP AND STAND STILL the minute they get to the end. Same with people who enter doorways and immediately STOP.

by Anonymousreply 82July 9, 2024 5:18 PM

Mosquitoes

by Anonymousreply 83July 9, 2024 5:20 PM

Happy couples sometimes make me angry. Especially when some sloppy looking woman has an attractive man on her arm. The bitch doesn’t even have to try and she still gets to win the game of life. Super depressing how easy it is for women to snag hotter men.

by Anonymousreply 84July 9, 2024 5:42 PM

So, women annoy you, r84. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 85July 9, 2024 5:44 PM

My cat asking to be fed between her 6 (yes 6!) daily meals.

by Anonymousreply 86July 9, 2024 5:46 PM

The single biggest for me is people who are not spatially aware, whether on foot or behind the wheel. Get out of everyone else's way if you're going to dilly dally, people! Stay aware and stay out of people's way. There are actual times in life when people are in a legitimate hurry - give folks the benefit of the doubt and move over.

by Anonymousreply 87July 9, 2024 5:48 PM

Uber drivers that don’t help you load your luggage into their trunk, but get mad if you don’t open or close their trunk just so. I’m a consultant that flies every other week, so I see this often.

by Anonymousreply 88July 9, 2024 5:50 PM

I've recently (like, just this week) become annoyed by people who punctuate every other sentence with "And things like that."

by Anonymousreply 89July 9, 2024 6:01 PM

[quote]Those foil caps on supplements

Stab the cap with a knife or pen first then peel off the cap. (Ancient Pharmacy Secret)

by Anonymousreply 90July 9, 2024 6:04 PM

Pronouns.

by Anonymousreply 91July 9, 2024 6:06 PM

People who don’t understand the difference between “that” and “who”, R88.

by Anonymousreply 92July 9, 2024 6:17 PM

Excessive use of acronyms

by Anonymousreply 93July 9, 2024 6:20 PM

Thank you, r92. I was figuring out how I wanted to type that sentiment, when you came along and expressed it so eloquently.

by Anonymousreply 94July 9, 2024 6:21 PM

Stupid rhymes, like "Boo at the zoo."

by Anonymousreply 95July 9, 2024 6:25 PM

Everything listed above, plus, right now, my brother.

by Anonymousreply 96July 9, 2024 6:28 PM

The South Asians that I seem to be surrounded by (I'm in Canada) and their vomit inducing body odour. Especially on elevators. They do other stuff too like our their phone on speaker, LOUD, in crowded spaces. They are by far the worst ethnic group to be around.

by Anonymousreply 97July 9, 2024 6:30 PM

put* their phone on loud speaker.

by Anonymousreply 98July 9, 2024 6:31 PM

r97 I worked in retail for many years. No demographic of customer could touch the South Asians. They could be MADDENING.

by Anonymousreply 99July 9, 2024 6:35 PM

r97 Are you in Surrey?

by Anonymousreply 100July 9, 2024 6:46 PM

When people you've blocked start a thread and it has a video.

by Anonymousreply 101July 9, 2024 6:48 PM

R65, we're not talking about the street parking. Is that what you mean?

by Anonymousreply 102July 9, 2024 6:49 PM

Coworkers who invite themselves to lunch with you.

by Anonymousreply 103July 9, 2024 6:50 PM

[quote] Stab the cap with a knife or pen first then peel off the cap. (Ancient Pharmacy Secret)

Obviously. The annoying thing is why bother putting tabs on if they don't function.

by Anonymousreply 104July 9, 2024 6:55 PM

R5 "Should I bring people gifts from my two Italians vacations every year?"

by Anonymousreply 105July 9, 2024 6:55 PM

*Italian, singular

by Anonymousreply 106July 9, 2024 6:56 PM

I'm somewhat annoyed by Olivia de Havilland in The Heiress. I feel Richardson, Hopkins and Clift act rings around her.

by Anonymousreply 107July 9, 2024 6:57 PM

Clit?

by Anonymousreply 108July 9, 2024 7:03 PM

People who stop dead in the middle of a busy sidewalk to look at their fucking phones.

by Anonymousreply 109July 9, 2024 7:08 PM

People who work at the supermarket (mostly teens/20s), who cut you off, walk in front of you as you're pushing a cart so you have to stop short for them or else you'd run them over. squeeze by you even if there's only about a foot of space, expect you to get out of their way, vs the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 110July 9, 2024 7:23 PM

Lack of customer service. I walked into a Tilly’s store over the weekend to buy shorts, and not one of the high school-aged staff members could be bothered to break off their scintillating conversations, look up from their phones, or otherwise make eye contact. And they wonder why retail is dying.

by Anonymousreply 111July 9, 2024 7:36 PM

The use of "was" when it should be "were."

by Anonymousreply 112July 9, 2024 7:42 PM

R82, that's the reason I don't use revolving doors unless the regular ones are locked. Too many assholes stop right outside of the doors withour leaving you space to get out. Then you're stuck while the idiot on the phone, who's just entering the doors, starts pushing.

People who don't at least say "thank you" when you hold the door open for them to walk through. I loudly whisper "YOU'RE WELCOME!" so that they hear me.

by Anonymousreply 113July 9, 2024 7:49 PM

People who use the word 'annoy'. I always picture them looking like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114July 9, 2024 7:49 PM

I do the same, Cosmo (R113)— particularly when I move completely off the sidewalk to let the chatting pairs of entitled suburban ladies saunter past. They never pause their diatribes/monologues to say thank you.

by Anonymousreply 115July 9, 2024 7:57 PM

People who email you then call you <5 mins later to see if you got their email since you didn’t answer in that short amount of time. Bitch please, you aren’t the only thing I have to do today. Or the most important.

Salaried superiors that should know your work schedule, because after all they pay you and see you coming and going every day, but act surprised that you aren’t working the same 10-12 hr day they are.. hello, I’m the hourly employee that gets overtime and doesn’t work holidays. And also gets paid half what they do.

It’s been covered here before, but people anywhere from 20-40 thinking they “discovered” the 90s or 80s. We lived through it, and it wasn’t all fun.

by Anonymousreply 116July 9, 2024 8:43 PM

People who ask the waiter "Whats on the menu?"

"Food and drinks" was my standard reply

by Anonymousreply 117July 9, 2024 9:19 PM

Videos that auto-launch on news websites. I just want to read the story and go; I don't want to watch your video.

by Anonymousreply 118July 9, 2024 9:27 PM

This HEAT and HUMIDITY

by Anonymousreply 119July 9, 2024 9:28 PM

Ugly people

by Anonymousreply 120July 9, 2024 9:41 PM

People who leave their shopping carts right smack dab in the middle of the parking lots.

General rudeness

The proliferation of Tip Jars in stores

Rational, intelligent people who support the candidate the neofascist GOP is running for POTUS. You ignore the lies, deceptions, corruption, and ignorance of his first term. You ignore the fact that he incited an insurrection against the government. You ignore his lies today and his authoritarian impulses. You are the equivalent of Germans who were not Nazis yet found Hitler preferable to the the alternatives in the 1930s and cheered when he made Germany great again. You are a vile person.

by Anonymousreply 121July 9, 2024 10:59 PM

Vivien Leighs unflattering wigs from 1950 onwards.

by Anonymousreply 122July 9, 2024 11:10 PM

The use of the word veggies.

Fuck off with your nursery speak.

by Anonymousreply 123July 9, 2024 11:22 PM

Obese straight fraus blocking the aisles of Trader Joes having inconsequential conversations.

People that speed ahead of you on the right when a lane is closing on the highway ( I always hope they crash)

Target employees with an IQ of 50 Walmart employees with an IQ of 40

Obese straight and gay middle aged men wearing tight under armor shirts at the gym.

Home Shopping Network

You Tube Influencers whose content is not instructional.

Frankie Grande

by Anonymousreply 124July 9, 2024 11:26 PM

R121, I agree!

by Anonymousreply 125July 9, 2024 11:26 PM

The ridiculous names of Game of Thrones characters.

by Anonymousreply 126July 9, 2024 11:34 PM

That guy on here who uses at least one obscure acronym in every post the lazy whore posts.

by Anonymousreply 127July 9, 2024 11:45 PM

Yes, the cell phone users who always have them on speaker! No one cares about you or your life.

People with no sense of levity, aka all my new coworkers. It’s a city job, chock full of fraus and humorless advocate types and young women with no facial expressions, just blank stares. How I miss my days in a newsroom (but not the low pay).

by Anonymousreply 128July 9, 2024 11:56 PM

Friends who cannot do anything without their partner.

Sometimes I want to have lunch with the friend, not the friend and their plus one.

by Anonymousreply 129July 9, 2024 11:58 PM

^ They want a witness.

by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2024 12:03 AM

R100 Toronto

by Anonymousreply 131July 10, 2024 12:37 AM

People who think they have interesting contributions to a conversation, not realizing that they are a total dullard.

by Anonymousreply 132July 10, 2024 12:47 AM

Waking up on an empty superyacht because your way wealthier and much more fabulous friends were bored and have all decamped overnight or early in the morning to their next adventures. They've all just assumed you moved on as well with one group or another.

This has happened to me twice. I said nothing because I like super yachts.

by Anonymousreply 133July 10, 2024 1:05 AM

R123- That's far more tolerable than the HORRIBLE word abbreviation that the Brits use which is

VEG

which reminds one of VAG

by Anonymousreply 134July 10, 2024 1:15 AM

Confusing or missing directional signage in airports. Logan and National being two of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 135July 10, 2024 1:32 AM

I'm not being original but I can't help myself-

TATTOOS

by Anonymousreply 136July 10, 2024 1:38 AM

People who don’t use their turn signals. Or they wait until they’ve already started going into their turn

by Anonymousreply 137July 10, 2024 1:51 AM

People who say "COOL BEANS!"

EAT SHIT ASSHOLE!

by Anonymousreply 138July 10, 2024 1:55 AM

At airports , people who wait until they get to the front of the security line before they start to remove their metal gear. Prepare, people !!

by Anonymousreply 139July 10, 2024 2:11 AM

People who wear their photo work IDs on a lanyard or their waistband. I don't want to look at your crotch to check your photo ID. Wear it near your face, you twit.

by Anonymousreply 140July 10, 2024 2:57 AM

R124, regarding the drivers who hurry to merge: My Mother, sister, and I were on are way to Point Pleasant, NJ one sunny Saturday morning. As there always is, there was a long line of cars exiting 440S to get on the Garden State Parkway South exit. Along comes some young ass, zooming down on the shoulder to cut everyone off. One thing he didn't count on? The NJ State Troopers had started sitting at the exact merge spot to catch these drivers. As we calmly drove by, there he was, waiting for his ticket. One of the best memories of that torturous drive (it was at least 90 minutes down and 2 hours back from where we lived in northern NJ).

by Anonymousreply 141July 10, 2024 1:26 PM

Women in gay men’s spaces

Women’s shrill loud voices

Women, basically

by Anonymousreply 142July 10, 2024 1:34 PM

Women who make every decision for their husbands

by Anonymousreply 143July 10, 2024 1:36 PM

I went into the Home Depot garden section the other day. A good-looking kid who worked there was in the little kiosk where you pay. When he wasn't waiting on people he kept coming out to sit on a box to look at his phone. He waited on me, I bought three pots of flowers to plant. Afterwards he went out again to sit on the box and look at his phone. Nothing about this bothered me until I realized I was going to need a cart to take the plants to my car. I asked him, "Are there any carriages around?" He nodded to one about 7 or 8 feet away from him. I had to pull it out from behind some shrubs, where it was stuck. He never lifted a finger.

by Anonymousreply 144July 10, 2024 1:39 PM

R144 that is, unfortunately, the norm in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 145July 10, 2024 4:06 PM

Cooking videos with vocal fry woman who say "salt, pep, vin, acid, crunch, mixy mixy". I could go on for days about what annoys me. But I can best sum it up by saying, people annoy me. People annoy the hell out of me.

by Anonymousreply 146July 10, 2024 4:14 PM

R144 and R145, I agree. I experience this at the check out in the supermarket. Cashiers in their late teens or twenties will sit there doing nothing after they've rung you up but you are still bagging your items. The older cashiers always take one of my bags to help me bag my goods.

by Anonymousreply 147July 10, 2024 4:40 PM

R79, bicyclists are not annoyed by pedestrians on sidewalks. They are annoyed by pedestrians on BIKE PATHS who are constantly surprised and annoyed that bikers are behind them while they saunter along 4 abreast.

by Anonymousreply 148July 10, 2024 4:55 PM

Cyclists are God's representatives on earth. They deserve special consideration in all things. They are never wrong. Not ever. They deserve their own biggest assholes without ammunition using weapons thread.

by Anonymousreply 149July 10, 2024 5:00 PM

[quote] Friends who cannot do anything without their partner. Sometimes I want to have lunch with the friend, not the friend and their plus one.

Ugh, hate this.

by Anonymousreply 150July 10, 2024 5:14 PM

Guys who do that waxed twirl thing on their mustaches.

by Anonymousreply 151July 10, 2024 6:48 PM

When Target won’t take my personal check!

by Anonymousreply 152July 10, 2024 6:56 PM

R49 does not understand that a transitive verb often uses an implied direct object.

R45/R49 annoys because she is trying to cover one error with another.

R45/R49 is pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 153July 10, 2024 8:15 PM

It annoys me when a person will walk past 6 vacant (in either direction) treadmills at the gym to plant themselves directly NEXT TO ME. I do not want your sweaty fat ass next to me. Ever hear of social distancing (and no, I don't mean for covid purposes)?

by Anonymousreply 154July 10, 2024 9:48 PM

Long-windedness.

by Anonymousreply 155July 10, 2024 9:55 PM

When my dogs shit all day long. Oh well

by Anonymousreply 156July 10, 2024 10:23 PM

Fucking automated phone trees.

Fucking HIRE someone. Maybe my problem isn’t I want to increase my credit limit, check your hours or make a payment, asshole!

Maybe I need to talk to someone about going out of the country and alerting you so you don’t cancel my card while I’m overseas.

I fucking HATE those fucking automated phone trees. I usually start swearing at them.

by Anonymousreply 157July 10, 2024 10:50 PM

When you call a doctor's office to make an appointment but the wait time on the phone is so long you have to agree to have THEM call YOU back or you'd be waiting to talk to somebody for an hour.

by Anonymousreply 158July 10, 2024 11:40 PM

Boo boo I’m a big cunt flap

by Anonymousreply 159July 11, 2024 12:15 AM

My left ass cheek

by Anonymousreply 160July 11, 2024 12:27 AM

You know when people pull out in front of you and there’s an empty road behind you? I don’t let it upset me because I believe it is an irresistible impulse in certain humans and they can’t help themselves.

by Anonymousreply 161July 11, 2024 8:33 AM

when you want to click onto a topic in the DL menu and the cursor jumps to the top of the list.

by Anonymousreply 162July 11, 2024 10:39 AM

The use of the present tense to describe something that happened in the past- used increasingly on news stations like NPR. Storifying something doesn't make what is being said more "alive" and interesting.

On a related note, the weird use of "1900s", like "The Beatles were a popular musical group in the 1900s".

by Anonymousreply 163July 11, 2024 10:42 AM

Marry me, R163. The use of the present tense is increasingly prevalent in travel writing, for some reason. It’s beyond annoying and a ridiculous affectation.

by Anonymousreply 164July 11, 2024 12:15 PM

The Beatles are a popular musical group in the 1900s ?🥹

by Anonymousreply 165July 11, 2024 12:33 PM

Hot/good looking guys that I'm invisible to.

by Anonymousreply 166July 11, 2024 1:54 PM

Yes R165- I work with several people born >1995 and they seem to think that "1900s" is the same as saying "20th century".

by Anonymousreply 167July 11, 2024 3:24 PM

You might try being less Asian r166

by Anonymousreply 168July 11, 2024 3:25 PM

R168- I am asian. A certain type of asian-

CAUCasian.

by Anonymousreply 169July 11, 2024 3:38 PM

R147 That's interesting. Where I go they have baggers. They're actually not too bad but one thing that annoys me in the supermarket is that the cashier will say, "How are you?" and I'll say, "Fine, how are you?" Then the person won't answer me. I don't have great manners, either, probably, but it aggravates me to have to answer the question, then not get an answer to my question. Like: You made me answer you, now you won't answer me.

You probably have to be there.

by Anonymousreply 170July 11, 2024 3:47 PM

I’m confused by r141. The folks that merge at the end of a merge section are doing things right. You wait till the end to do the zipper. You don’t leave the moment a sign shows the lane ending. That causes more traffic and issues. I too wait till the lane actually merges to merge. I assume r141’s driver got a ticket for speeding, not for using the merge lane to merge at the end.

But maybe r142 didn’t explain it well n

by Anonymousreply 171July 11, 2024 3:57 PM

R147 and the older cashiers still ended up with the same amount of money in their pocket but more aches and pains for doing extra work. I get why the kids are working smarter, not harder today. Customer accept this race to the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 172July 11, 2024 3:59 PM

The 1900s are the 20th century just like the 1800s are the nineteenth century. It sounds weird to us oldies, but the young’uns aren’t wrong.

It annoys me how many of my favorite restaurants no longer exist.

by Anonymousreply 173July 11, 2024 4:09 PM

R150 I get this. I have an old friend I will talk to on the phone and have good conversations with, but we have never gotten together in person for years, without his partner in tow.

by Anonymousreply 174July 11, 2024 4:12 PM

I have a friend who I've known for years, and we have a few other old friends in common. One of our friends is a woman whose birthday is over a month later than mine, but every year the first woman says to me: "Let's get together to celebrate both your birthdays." She asks another person (a guy) to come, as well.

Six or seven weeks after my birthday, I've forgotten about it. I don't feel like celebrating it in the spring when my birthday is in the winter. This person just does it because she knows she has to celebrate the other woman's birthday (her oldest, best friend), at the time of the birthday--and wants to kill two birds with one stone by retroactively including me.

It just never sat right with me, so last year I told her, no thanks. Not with bitterness, I just said truthfully it's not my birthday, it's the other person's, and I'll celebrate that, but I feel like an afterthought if you try to tack me on the end on of it. She didn't get it.

by Anonymousreply 175July 11, 2024 4:28 PM

R171, you must live in some enchanted area where drivers are polite. Where I live you would be taking your life in your hands if you got to the end of the merge lane and tried to merge.

by Anonymousreply 176July 11, 2024 5:00 PM

Merge, shmerge!

by Anonymousreply 177July 11, 2024 5:02 PM

House guests. Get a hotel please.

by Anonymousreply 178July 11, 2024 5:10 PM

Posters who fill this kind of thread with things that annoy them while driving. Most of the world drives (and parks) poorly nowadays. The roads we have were made for 1970s traffic patterns and population numbers, and listening to people whine about it gets dull over the course of 600 posts. I suggest creating separate driving complaint threads, such as "Things that annoy you while driving."

by Anonymousreply 179July 11, 2024 5:24 PM

Hall monitors annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 180July 11, 2024 5:34 PM

[quote] The roads we have were made for 1970s traffic patterns and population numbers, and listening to people whine about it gets dull over the course of 600 posts.

So I guess that is a thing that annoys you, R179

by Anonymousreply 181July 11, 2024 5:40 PM

Indian givers. Or whatever the politically correct term is. I've had friends try to pressure me to give something back that they've given me (an old printer, stuff like that) if they notice I'm not using it. "Hey, if you're not using that, mine broke down, think I could have it back?" Like it still belongs to them. Obviously, they wouldn't ask me to give them something I got from someone else, or bought.

I ignored a person who did this, and they kept it up--their mom even mentioned it to me. So I dropped it off where they lived. Haven't spoken since.

by Anonymousreply 182July 11, 2024 5:48 PM

When you give something away, it's not yours any more...

by Anonymousreply 183July 11, 2024 5:49 PM

I hate accepting old stuff from people because of crap like r182's annoying experience. Right now I have a friend who wants me to take an old A/C unit from her for "whatever I think I should pay." I know if I took it, I would likely just be renting it.

by Anonymousreply 184July 11, 2024 5:56 PM

[quote] Indian givers. Or whatever the politically correct term is.

Huh? So difficult? The "Indians" never gave anything and took it back. That's something made up to justify what happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 185July 11, 2024 6:08 PM

R185 I'm sorry. Not trying to offend anyone. To me it's a general term devoid of whatever its original meaning is. I would gladly use a different term if you'll let me know what it is.

by Anonymousreply 186July 11, 2024 6:30 PM

R186, I’m not 185, but how about something like, “It really annoys me when someone gives me something and then later wants it back.”?

by Anonymousreply 187July 11, 2024 6:42 PM

R185 it refers to white people’s duplicity in “giving” reservation land and then grabbing it back if anything valuable was found under it. There is an implied “to”

by Anonymousreply 188July 11, 2024 7:29 PM

A DVD that only plays once. It's like Mission Impossible.

by Anonymousreply 189July 11, 2024 9:38 PM

R166 totally confusing

by Anonymousreply 190July 11, 2024 10:00 PM

R190- It annoys me that Hot/Good looking guys don't notice me anymore. I'm invisible to them

by Anonymousreply 191July 11, 2024 11:54 PM

[quote] Time's a wasting. We're not getting any younger.

And yet... here you are, wasting plenty of time on Datalounge! Go figure!

by Anonymousreply 192July 12, 2024 12:30 AM

Colleagues who stand in the middle of the hallway to chat.

by Anonymousreply 193July 12, 2024 2:24 AM

R113 reminded me of how I would always get in the same compartment as my mom in a revolving door. It was our private joke.

by Anonymousreply 194July 12, 2024 8:08 AM

People, generally.

by Anonymousreply 195July 12, 2024 11:52 AM

I find it annoying to give someone a gift and then they openly tell me that they donated it to charity, threw it out, got rid of it. Fine, message received.

by Anonymousreply 196July 12, 2024 12:30 PM

Worse is lending something to a person who never gives it back.

Or you finally ask about it after a year and they threw it out...

by Anonymousreply 197July 12, 2024 12:31 PM

r197 I learned in my 20s that I should only loan stuff that I never expected to see again.

And that I should only loan money that I didn't expect back.

It saves a lot of frustration.

by Anonymousreply 198July 12, 2024 12:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!