Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trixie Mattel's house renovation is...

... kinda awesome (IMHO) and I wouldn't have seen that coming. Tasteful maximalism.

Your thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 10:27 AM

I'm sure you botches will complain about her revealing the price of stuff, but I think it's refreshing and I love the house

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2024 10:26 AM

It's pretty but way too "done". The tour is very informative, too informative. There is too much product shilling. I stopped watching when she gave the details on her Boy Smells candles. I stopped watching before she named the third candle in the series.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2024 10:37 AM

I was disappointed with the Max TV show. They hadn't finished, and the rooms were left boring. It's so nice to see everything realized. I really liked it too, even though I don't like that much pink, but it's her branding color.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2024 10:42 AM

I think that Trixie Mattel's video is the third original content production that turned profitable before even being released to the public after the two Sex and the City movies. I feel like I've been molested by a 34-minute long product placement. It certainly takes one to know one.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2024 11:33 AM

I love most of the house too. (didnt like the original dark wallpaper they left in bar room and dressing room) especially the living room. Love *that* wallpaper and the one going up the staircase.

Backyard is fantastic but keeping leaves out of the pool is a full time job.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2024 4:29 PM

This may be sacrilegious but I can’t understand why they didn’t get the windows updated. You can keep the style but install much more energy efficient alternatives.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2024 6:11 PM

I didn’t know drag queens were able to afford buying a property that expensive.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2024 6:30 PM

He spent all that money on the renovation, but he won't get any of it back when it's time to sell. No one wants a pink kitchen with pink countertops. The wallpaper will turn most potential buyers off, too. Talk about flushing money down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2024 6:44 PM

R8, really? Not everyone wants “House Flipper Gray”. FYI These older homes built between the 1900s and 1930s originally had some wild color combinations. I lived in one with yellow and turquoise tile in the bathroom, another with an all-pink bathroom with black trim, and a third with dark green and purple tiles accented with black. Tricxie has already overpaid at $3 million to live alongside the101 Freeway, so why not customize the home to her tastes?

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2024 7:38 PM

I couldn't stand all that get-up and makeup. What is wrong with him? All men have to do is brush their teeth, wash their face and go.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2024 8:20 PM

R10 he is one of the world’s most famous drag queens Rose.

by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2024 8:25 PM

I think it’s absolutely gorgeous and the kitchen is stunning - I was expecting hot pink from the comments above but it’s a beautiful, tasteful, “mature” shade of pink - and besides, if Trixie is happy, that’s what’s important.

I’m in real estate and have had new buyers ask me what they can do to their homes to make them more appealing to future sellers. My answer is always the same: make the house right for you. Enjoy it now.

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2024 8:37 PM

Yes, the pink quartz countertops were gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2024 3:01 AM

I like it, even though pink is not my thing, its different from the run of the mill and its colourful which I love. I particularly love that its not "Hose Flipper Grey" as R9 says

The wallpaper in the lounge is fantastic. I would want that for my place if I could. Not everything in the house is to my taste but that is, and quite a lot else. It could be a bit more maximalist though

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2024 10:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!