Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meet the U.S. Olympic Women's Gymnastics team team for the 2024 Paris Olympics

How exciting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2024 6:59 PM

Simone Bile should have been disqualified for quitting at the Tokyo Olympics.

She sucks.

I guess there wasn't enough attention for her at those Olympics, so she had to wait for the one where everyone would be watching.

I hope she falls on her ass in every competition.

Loser, with a capital L.

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2024 7:22 AM

R1, I agree. She'll have another breakdown in Paris, and the US team will get another silver.

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2024 7:29 AM

The men's team selection committee also fucked up by not taking cute twink Shane Qiskus, who finished third in the all-around.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2024 7:30 AM

Gosh, I couldn't disagree more with you R1.

In Tokyo, Simone was losing her eye line (I think that's what it's called) while flying through the air. Very dangerous.

In baseball (my sport), it was called gettin the yips when you couldn't, say, make an easy throw from second base to first. At worst an error occurred. But for a gymnast to get the yips? They could die.

Simone fought hard to get her mind back in working order so that it could match her body.

I wish her all the gold in the world.

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2024 7:42 AM

R2 here. R4, but it was all psychosomatic. Simone couldn't handle the pressure and expectations placed on her.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2024 8:07 AM

I’ll root for the one who has the prettiest line and nice legs during individuals. I hate knobby-kneed, bow-legged gymnasts who can’t point their toes. Russians don’t have those afflictions and most of the Chinese don’t either.

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2024 8:12 AM

Now that it is well known how these girls are treated these pics just make me sad for them.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2024 11:50 AM

Not a Simone hater, but I do find it skeptical that she has a special waiver to take an ADHD drug that is typically banned from competition. For a sport like gymnastics, a drug that gives you intense focus would seem to be a huge advantage.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2024 12:03 PM

*Do find it suspect, I should have said.

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2024 12:04 PM

America doesn't like quitters.

Simone Bile is a quitter.

She took the place of a gymnast who ISN'T a quitter.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2024 2:58 PM

R5 and? So what? Psychosomatic or not she was clearly going through an injury. We pull our muscles all the time. Or break legs. In her case, it was her mind that was broken or was pulled. Her mind was injured. And in gymnastic, a broken mind is a very serious injury.

She then rehabbed her injury and now is back and healthy and better than ever.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2024 5:26 PM

This is a very disappointing team, IMO. So many of the top favorites (Shilese Jones, Skye Blakely, Kayla Dicello) got injured and had to withdraw that it basically ended up Simone + the last 4 standing.

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2024 5:27 PM

I was hoping for Simone, Shilese Jones, Skye Blakely, Suni Lee and Kayla DiCello.

The team that we got is basically a repeat of the Tokyo team + Hezly Rivera.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2024 5:28 PM

So other than the US team, who is the favorite to win the gold?

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2024 5:31 PM

R14, no one. The US has enough talent and depth that is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the world that they could potentially field TWO Gold medal teams. With Russia out of the picture, that becomes even more of a cake-walk.

Inconsistent China will battle a lot of teams for Silver/Bronze. That's probably generating the most excitement for me, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2024 5:37 PM

R6, you would've liked the elegant and powerful Shilese Jones. She's basically the 3rd-best gymnast in the world and she won't be at Paris. I'm gutted for her.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2024 5:42 PM

R11, you still don't get it. Simone choked under pressure, and that's likely to happen again, especially if it's mental.

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2024 8:21 PM

R17, as someone who actually follows gymnastics, I find that highly doubtful. She will likely surpass Shannon Miller as the most decorated Americam Olympic gymnast of all time this summer.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2024 9:18 PM

I just saw this and thought of you bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 2, 2024 12:58 AM

Simone BILE is a nasty fucking LOSER cunt!!

I hope she burns in HELL!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20July 2, 2024 4:14 AM

R20 = Carlotta Ferlito!!

by Anonymousreply 21July 2, 2024 6:12 AM

R20 is Suni Lee.

by Anonymousreply 22July 2, 2024 6:47 AM

R18, I'm an avid gymnastics fan and am going to see the Olympics just to see Simone choke again.

by Anonymousreply 23July 2, 2024 7:49 AM

R23, well, I guess we'll see, won't we?

I'll be sure to bump this thread in a few months.

by Anonymousreply 24July 2, 2024 7:50 AM

R2, who wins gold in your crazy scenario?

by Anonymousreply 25July 2, 2024 8:07 AM

That is soo creepy, r19!

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2024 8:36 AM

R25, Brazil or Italy.

by Anonymousreply 27July 3, 2024 9:59 AM

Simone BILE.

by Anonymousreply 28July 3, 2024 3:47 PM

R27 Bwahahahaha.

Italy how? Losing Asia D'Amato is not going to help their chances.

Silver is the very best that Brazil can even hope for.

by Anonymousreply 29July 3, 2024 9:22 PM

I wonder how the Russian gymnasts feel being stuck back home? All of that training for naught!

by Anonymousreply 30July 3, 2024 9:28 PM

Easy, R29. US will implode.

by Anonymousreply 31July 4, 2024 8:14 AM

R31, I very much look forward to seeing you eat your words in a few short weeks.

Have fun watching the rest of the world battle for silver.

by Anonymousreply 32July 4, 2024 2:44 PM

BTW R31, how do you think gymnasts like Urazova and Listunova feel right now? It must suck to train your whole entire lives and then miss the opportunity of a lifetime because their stupid country decided to invade another.

by Anonymousreply 33July 4, 2024 2:46 PM

R29, don't forget China has higher start values on beam and bars. China can be the dark horse.

US's hubris will be its undoing.

by Anonymousreply 34July 4, 2024 5:59 PM

Thank you, Chairman Mao at R34.

by Anonymousreply 35July 4, 2024 6:04 PM

R34, what's their great big plan for vault and floor?

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2024 7:27 AM

R34, you can't win an Olympic gymnastics team gold being decent on only two of the four events.

by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2024 7:28 AM

I nearly made the cut..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 5, 2024 9:59 AM

On the men's side, it looks like Brody Malone and Fred Richard are going to Paris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 5, 2024 11:52 AM

R29, let's make a friendly bet!

I want to see your whole Brazil and Italy Gold-Silver-Bronze situation come to life. 😂

by Anonymousreply 40July 7, 2024 8:28 AM

- DEI

by Anonymousreply 41July 7, 2024 11:45 AM

MyKayla Skinner, a silver medalist in the 2020 Olympics, issued an apology Saturday for comments criticizing the work ethic of some of the members on Team USA's 2024 squad.

The 27-year-old had received considerable blowback in the gymnastics community due to a post-Olympic Trials YouTube stream in which she said the non-Simone Biles members of the team were lacking in work ethic, which she partially blamed on the U.S. Center for SafeSport. The video has since been deleted, but clips remain on social media.

The crux of Skinner's comments:

[quote] “Besides Simone, I feel like the talent and the depth just isn’t what it used to be. I mean, obviously, a lot of girls just don’t work as hard. The girls just don’t have the work ethic. It's hard too because of SafeSport. Coaches can't get on athletes and they have to be really careful what they say, which in some ways is really good, but at the same time, to get to where you need to be in gymnastics you do have to be a little aggressive, a little intense.”

SafeSport is the organization tasked with preventing the sexual abuse of athletes, which has been a pervasive issue for USA Gymnastics for decades.

Skinner initially responded to the backlash with a quick video in which she said her comments were misinterpreted, but capitulated three days later with a full apology. She divulged she was coming to terms with "the emotional and verbal abuse" she endured while training under former national team coordinator Márta Károlyi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 7, 2024 6:45 PM

R42, yes, she really put her foot in her mouth (as she tends to). This time it's really biting her in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 43July 8, 2024 5:33 AM

R8, Simone has been given MANY MANY Special Favors in the sport.

Back in my day she'd never have made it to even one Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 44July 8, 2024 7:13 AM

[quote]She divulged she was coming to terms with "the emotional and verbal abuse" she endured while training under former national team coordinator Márta Károlyi.

Yeah, she took that loser Gabby Douglas' tactic and painted herself a victim in her apology in hopes that it would make it more difficult for people to criticize her.

by Anonymousreply 45July 8, 2024 7:15 AM

Oh, Shannon! Nobody was gifted more undeserved medals and titles than you from 1994 and on!

by Anonymousreply 46July 9, 2024 5:53 AM

Kerri, at R46, kindly shut the fuck up. No one was more of an embarassment than you were being on the National Team for 5 years and never once earning a single Individual World or Olympic Medal. Even those sad sack Dominiques were able to each get some hardware of their own.

by Anonymousreply 47July 9, 2024 8:05 AM

R40, don't be so cocky. Remember the format for team finals in 3 up, 3 count. The US will count falls on beam and maybe bars.

by Anonymousreply 48July 9, 2024 8:28 AM

Can we all agree that MyKayla and McKayla are two of the stupidest names ever?

by Anonymousreply 49July 9, 2024 2:29 PM

Can we all agree that Julianne McNamara didn't deserve to tie me for bars gold!

by Anonymousreply 50July 9, 2024 3:34 PM

R50, she earned that Gold based on her tight, pussy, alone. Well, it was tight until I got to it!

by Anonymousreply 51July 9, 2024 5:42 PM

MyPussy Stinks!

by Anonymousreply 52July 10, 2024 2:56 AM

R52, I'm not a fan of MyKayla or her awful gymnastics, but I, too, am under-enthusiastic about this team -- though not for the reasons she stated. Except for the addition of Hezly Rivera and seeing Suni Lee back in action, it's just blah to me.

I was so hoping to see Shilese, Skye, and Kayla on this team instead of Jordan (blah) and Jade (double blah).

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2024 5:19 AM

[quote]I wonder how the Russian gymnasts feel being stuck back home? All of that training for naught!

Well, cheaters shouldn't cheat.

by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2024 7:41 PM

Team leotards have been revealed. They're going for a Retro 90s/00s look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 11, 2024 3:29 AM

R54, I would feel bad for the Russian gymnasts but a number of them have been very vocally pro-Putin, pro-Ukraine invasion on social media. They've even been photographed wearing that idiotic "Z" symbol.

They can enjoy wasting the last 20 years or their lives training for nothing. Oh well!

by Anonymousreply 56July 12, 2024 8:43 AM

Vut is problem, R56? Go fuck yourself off.

by Anonymousreply 57July 12, 2024 11:19 PM

Oh Sveta, this is my favorite routine of yours of all time!!! I watch it on replay all the time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2024 5:16 AM

Stupid Simona, you want to come for me, most beautiful and famous gymnast ever with so many medals and so many times Olympic champion. No one wknow you and if they do they just know you lesbian with shitty floor music.

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2024 6:24 AM

Svetlana, you always choked when it counted and you never were an Olympic AA gold medalist.

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2024 5:28 PM

Svetlana WHOREkina!

by Anonymousreply 61July 14, 2024 5:41 PM

R60 Carly who?

by Anonymousreply 62July 14, 2024 9:36 PM

R61, aren't you a felon?

by Anonymousreply 63July 14, 2024 9:37 PM

In the op’s photo, it looks like they are tangled up in cords.

Two of them have phones out to take photos. How dumb. There are professional photographers everywhere. Maybe they could take 5 and be present.

by Anonymousreply 64July 14, 2024 10:27 PM

Oh great. All you fucking tired bitches are back in this thread, reliving your faded glory days.

Well I did it on one leg, you insipid cunts.

Beat that.

by Anonymousreply 65July 15, 2024 8:54 AM

[quote] Well I did it on one leg, you insipid cunts.

Bitch, I'll break your other leg, if you don't shut your filthy pie hole!

by Anonymousreply 66July 15, 2024 9:02 AM

[quote]Beat that.

The way Bela beat your face in?

by Anonymousreply 67July 15, 2024 9:17 AM

At least I didn't run off with a married middle-aged man to the Cayman Islands when I was 17, Domi!

Harlot!!!

by Anonymousreply 68July 15, 2024 9:53 AM

Kerri, also Kermit with your disgusting frog leghed form... you're how old and you still can't get a man interested in your tucked.cock..Dont be mad that I was getting mine.

by Anonymousreply 69July 15, 2024 10:22 AM

r68

what?

by Anonymousreply 70July 15, 2024 11:21 AM

R70, Moceanu went through a bad girl phase in the late '90s after Atlanta. She tried to legally emancipate herself/divorce her parents; her dad tried getting her gymnastics coach (not Bela) killed; she ran off with a married man to the Cayman Islands while underage. You know, the usual!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71July 15, 2024 4:56 PM

R71, fuck off Dominique. The only thing Awesome Dawesome about you was how you'd choke each and every AA.

by Anonymousreply 72July 15, 2024 11:29 PM

They look good not like those scrawny looking ten year olds the Russians used to put up.

by Anonymousreply 73July 15, 2024 11:35 PM

R73, the Russians, Romanians, and Chinese were all guilty of falsifying ages at various points! Oh and North Koreans, too!

by Anonymousreply 74July 15, 2024 11:37 PM

Putin's side piece is a former gymnast. He's such a perv. "I vant gold." "You got it baby, next position."

by Anonymousreply 75July 15, 2024 11:40 PM

R75, a rhythmic gymnast. Or rather, a contortionist. Alina Kabaeva.

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2024 12:28 AM

Hoda Kotb interviews Team USA 2024 women.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 18, 2024 9:20 PM

He didn’t make the men’s team this time around but I think yul moldauer is a pocket gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78July 18, 2024 9:28 PM

Yul is a diver, R78.

What does that have to do with gymnastics?

Anyway, Yul's dad is gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 18, 2024 9:36 PM

Yul is a gymnast you idiot he was on the 2020 men’s gymnastics team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2024 12:29 AM

Is Yul a homosexualist?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2024 12:39 AM

The Japanese Gymnastics Association is apparently very stupid (and annoying stickler for rules) and has sent home their best gymnast because she smoked a cigarette and had a drink. Wow, she's so bad!

They love shooting themselves in the foot over stupid rules.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 19, 2024 11:00 PM

[quote] Japanese gymnast Shoko Miyata withdraws from Olympic Games after smoking and drinking alcohol

Shoko Miyata, the captain of Japan’s women’s gymnastics team, has withdrawn from Paris 2024 after allegedly breaking the team’s code of conduct by smoking and drinking alcohol, according to the Japanese Gymnastics Association (JGA).

The legal smoking and drinking age in Japan is 20 and the JGA’s code of conduct prohibits gymnasts from doing either during team activities, regardless of age. Miyata is 19.

“Both parties discussed the matter and decided to withdraw [Miyata] from the Olympics,” JGA executive director Kenji Nishimura told reporters at a press conference on July 19.

Nishimura said that one incident of smoking took place “in a private place at a certain location in Tokyo” and a separate incident of drinking took place “in a room in the Athlete Village of the National Training Center.”

“She engaged in smoking and drinking due to numerous pressures from the competitive targets that had been set,” Nishimura added.

Miyata, who won bronze on the balance beam at the 2022 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, was due to captain Japan’s women’s team of debut Olympians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2024 5:42 PM

R82. who cares? It's not like they were going to win anything.

by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2024 6:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!