Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — Part 29

In the whirlwind of the Campaign!

by Anonymousreply 191July 21, 2024 7:27 PM

Prior thread,

Keep on going!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2024 1:10 PM

Joy seemed miffed when Ana pointed out that she is the same age as Biden.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2024 4:41 PM

Fuck Joy. All she did was deflect back to Trump and use the cold excuse for his lackluster performance. As Sara said if a cold can take you out then maybe you shouldn't be POTUS.

The video of him at an after-party did show him to be much more animated. I'll bet he has debate anxiety and you could see some of his speaking patterns were to hold back the stuttering. Still, optics matter.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2024 9:27 PM

It's weird how Biden was perky and spry not much longer after his brutal debate showing. It occurred to me he could have been given something to fuck his head up. Anyone else suspicious that a drop of something gnarly was given to the old man prior to the debate?

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2024 1:45 AM

Did anyone suspect Tru.os deadly farts and toxic fumes?.

Did Trump get something from Putin for pooting?

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2024 1:47 AM

Surprised that Sara was so adamant that Biden step down. And that she called the show out for contributing to the minimization of Biden's problems.

Sunny of course retweets an article after the show implying that the debate was racist because it only focused on the problems of old, white men. Did she bring that up at all during the show?

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2024 2:06 AM

[quote] It's weird how Biden was perky and spry not much longer after his brutal debate showing.

His completely different demeanor at his event today makes me wonder if he “sundowns” and suffers from dementia in the evenings.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2024 2:21 AM

R7, Putin gave Trump a new form if Novachok in odorless butt gas form. Trump took the antidote before he changed his diaper.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2024 2:35 AM

R6, she and Ana went off on his use of the term "black jobs." From what I recall, Ana said she was working for CNN to get Latino and Afro-Latino thoughts on the election. She chimed in with "latino jobs." I honestly think Sunny just looks for any excuse to be offended and of course to scream racism every chance she gets.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2024 2:37 AM

They're in repeats next week. Why do they get an entire week off for the Fourth of July when they're going on hiatus for the month of August?

Lazy bitches. See Joy, this is why you have energy and Biden can barely shuffle to a podium. Work hours.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2024 7:45 PM

I'm surprised they are going into repeats this week with so much going on for Monday (Supreme Court decision on Trump, possible news about Biden running or not if the NBC reports are true).

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2024 1:26 AM

I'm surprised this is STILL the number one daytime "news" show. It's unwatchable without ME!

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2024 4:32 AM

Tired of Whoopi’s “We all poop our pants” analogies And not what you want to say regarding Biden at this point. And Ana and Whoopi proclaiming they know Biden personally? Why does everyone on this panel think they can end a discussion by saying they know that said person they’re talking about?,

And Sunny why did you push so hard for a black woman VP if you don’t think she can win as President? That was a fence sitting response.

Sara gave the most reasonable view out of all of them.

At least Joy wasn’t there today.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2024 3:39 PM

Did they really need to spend three segments on Biden? They teased a discussion about Project 2025, which everyone needs to hear about, but dropped it.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2024 3:51 PM

They're turning into the type of people they mock. They now sound like Trump supporters except they're for Biden.

I also caught that new talking point dropped by Alyssa how Biden is becoming like Trump in he only ever says he's the only man for the job as opposed to talking about his platform in 2024. Maybe if he didn't look and sound like walking death, he'd be able to talk about his platform instead of constantly repeating "I can do the job for four more years." NO YOU CAN'T.

Whoopi is not only a celebrity apologist she has now fanned out to include politicians.

Ana is just a name-dropping ass-kisser. Fuck off with your Biden hugs.

Sara is the voice of reason at the table so they all try to drown her out or dismiss her opinion.

Alyssa went stealth Republican today. She sees the writing on the wall. I hope she's not on Trump's hit list come 2025.

Biden promised to be a transitional bridge for the next generation of politicians. He said he was running in 2020 to save the soul of our nation. Now he (and his wife) refuse to relinquish power for the greater good. He should have served for one term and then bowed out for '24. Now we're less than four months out and we're screwed. Thanks Joe and thanks Jill. Thanks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2024 5:28 PM

[quote]Biden promised to be a transitional bridge for the next generation of politicians

And Trump has promised...

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2024 5:34 PM

The idea that we shouldn't even be talking about Biden's declining faculties is what really pisses me off. Maybe if it was October I'd agree, but it's July and we're still weeks away from the convention. Now is exactly when we should be talking about it while there's still something that can potentially be done. And I agree the staunch Biden supporters are becoming just as bad as the Trumpers, telling everyone to not believe they're lying eyes and insisting he'll rise to the occasion once he's elected. What happened to when someone shows you who they are, believe them? Biden has showed us he's too old. But we're supposed to pretend he's fine and will still be fine at 86? Give me a break.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2024 7:30 PM

R17 But who could the dems possibly get at this late stage who could beat Trump? Kamala certainly cannot beat him. Anyone else wouldn’t have enough time to run a campaign. Someone like Newsom isn’t a familiar name nationwide. The dems best chance is Joe.

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2024 9:40 PM

Biden is barely running a campaign and the one he is running sucks. I think anyone who seems vaguely normal and coherent would be considered electable to most of the public. And anyone who becomes the nominee will instantly become recognizable nationwide--I really don't think lack of name recognition prior to the nomination matters. And, franky, relying on name recognition is how we got saddled with Biden the last time.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2024 10:23 PM

[quote] What happened to when someone shows you who they are, believe them?

President Biden has shown us who they are for the past 3 1/2 years as President.

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2024 10:56 PM

No he hasn’t. He’s been hidden away with less than half the number of press conferences than either Trump or Obama at equivalent points in their terms. I’m gonna believe what I saw and heard at the debate and not some bullshit gaslighting propaganda that he’s really totally fine because his lackeys say so and that I shouldn’t believe my lying eyes.

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2024 11:57 PM

Just as always, Republicans are fucking up the process for Dems

by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2024 11:58 PM

[quote]r21 = I’m gonna believe what I saw and heard at the debate and not some bullshit gaslighting propaganda that he’s really totally fine because his lackeys say so and that I shouldn’t believe my lying eyes.

You just do that, Buttercup.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2024 12:01 AM

R21 has broken her silence and has set her boundaries. Watch out, world and get out of her way !

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2024 12:09 AM

[quote] You just do that, Buttercup.

And you keep just pretending he’s not old and senile and will totally be coherent in 2028. If he’s even still alive.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2024 12:14 AM

Funnily enough only four posts show up for r21.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2024 12:14 AM

Anyone else notice Biden is currently showcasing the famous Trump-tan as his smokescreen? Can you say, "I'm young, healthy and full of American vitality!" ?? I suppose this is to hide the fact he is senile and an unhealthy, shade of greyish-white..

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2024 7:16 AM

Or, he has decided to fully use the Reality Show quiver of TV advantages.

by Anonymousreply 28July 9, 2024 10:33 AM

Whoopi didn't crack a smile watching the Jon Stewart clip. I guess she didn't think it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 29July 9, 2024 8:32 PM

Today one of the guests was Jenn Tran, first Asian-American woman to be 'The Bachelorette'. It's so nice the laugh and giggle over the show which is nothing more than televised paid prostitution. Sunny, be proud of yourself for asking all the right questions and participating in this.

by Anonymousreply 30July 9, 2024 9:11 PM

Alyssa is a twat of epic magnitude and her I hate Trump BUT... shit has to stop.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2024 12:16 AM

She was at it again this morning R31 arguing that Dem politicians are only trying to protect their own interests over the interests of the country.

Whoopi cut her off, but I was hoping she would tell Alyssa off.

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2024 4:54 PM

Dem interests ARE the interests of the country.

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2024 4:56 PM

She didn’t mean it that way R33. She implied their prime concern is protecting THEIR own interests and careers.

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2024 5:27 PM

In the face of Project 2025, r34, they are the same interests.

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2024 5:31 PM

I’m not going to argue the point with you.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2024 5:38 PM

Sunny needs to shut the fuck up already about the Black vote deciding this election. It isn’t. It’s Independents and voters in the swing states who will and they consist of all races.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2024 5:39 PM

Alyssa is right, though. Biden isn't a good candidate, but everyone is shutting up and getting in line because they're too afraid of looking back if they call on him publicly to step aside. It's the exact group think that led to the Republican party rolling over for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2024 5:57 PM

That was her comparison r38, and while I'm undecided on its accuracy, she is more qualified than the others to make it. She's the only one on the panel who knows firsthand what to look for.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2024 6:16 PM

Democrats do not shut up and get inline.

See you at the convention. This is just pot stirring by corporate media who want Trump to win, and they know he can't win against Joe.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2024 6:22 PM

I can't get over how much weight Whoopi has lost. She looks great - Wegovy has done her well. If she loses any more weight, though, she will look like Rev Sharpton.

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2024 8:16 PM

Who dressed Sunny in her wedding gown today ?

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2024 8:40 PM

Black Jesus, R42. She is the chosen one to go forth and spew incessant bullshit about the omnipotence of black voters in every election since they were given the vote.

Every time she defends Kamala and lifts her up as the "heir apparent" I wonder how quickly she'd name all of Kamala's faults and shortcomings if they were vying for the same position. She knows Kamala is not up to speed, but she'll defend any and all black people in order to feed her racist obsession.

"My Gen Z kids know who Obama is." Of course they do, he's black. Do they know who Bill Clinton is?

by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2024 11:13 PM

When Sunny said that, I was hoping that Joy or Whoopi would've reminded her that in the 60s, every Catholic kid knew who Kennedy was, being he was Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 44July 11, 2024 12:19 AM

[quote] This is just pot stirring by corporate media who want Trump to win, and they know he can't win against Joe.

Blaming the media is a page right out of the rightwing playbook.

by Anonymousreply 45July 11, 2024 2:06 AM

Sunny is pushing for Kamala as President. Thus her constant emphasis on Biden-Harris. I would vote for Harris in a second but Sunny is greatly overestimating her appeal to voters. I had to laugh when she says that people fear her. Come on. And Bidens black support has decreased for a while now.

Joy said she’s conflicted about the whole thing. As much as she is annoyed, I think she would jump on board quickly with any nominee.

Whoopi is another story, In the Elizabeth- Sherri years she often brought up her friendship with Biden and how they often wound up riding the same Amtrak train together back to their respective homes. She’s visibly pissed every time this story is brought up.

by Anonymousreply 46July 11, 2024 2:28 AM

[quote] She’s visibly pissed every time this story is brought up.

That's because Whoopi sees her own future in Biden, being dragged kicking and screaming off the set of The View way past her sell by date.

by Anonymousreply 47July 11, 2024 3:12 AM

Maybe the Biden team should start talking about the specific things that the administration is doing about the issues voters are concerned about namely the border and inflation. Biden is currently the POTUS do something other than repeatedly messaging that Trump is a threat to democracy.

by Anonymousreply 48July 11, 2024 3:22 AM

[quote]I can't get over how much weight Whoopi has lost.

Once upon a time...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 11, 2024 3:26 AM

Sunny is only expressing doubts about Biden because she wants to see Kamala as president. She would literally eat glass to see a black woman in the White House. I cracked up listening to yesterday's podcast when she insisted Kamala was the most qualified running mate in 2020 and that anyone who said he just picked a black woman was wrong. Sunny is literally on record repeatedly saying in 2020 that Biden *must* pick a black woman because black women were "owed" it.

by Anonymousreply 50July 11, 2024 3:29 AM

R48, the only damn thing I hear is the "existential threat" talking point. Yeah, we know. Now Biden has become the story. Not good.

R50, Sunny is always so obvious when she's pushing her agenda. She can't honestly believe Kamala will ascend if Biden finally quits the race. I also recall her demanding Biden choose a POC woman as VP. Then Biden publicly promised he would choose a black woman as VP and here we are.

by Anonymousreply 51July 11, 2024 4:26 AM

[quote]Blaming the media is a page right out of the right-wing playbook.

NO, blaming the LIBERAL media is right out of the right-wing media.

Joe is the first president running against a CRIMINAL Republican candidate, a corrupt Republican Party not held accountable for their Sedition, a corrupt Supreme Court, AND a right-wing corporate media who is able to pay a$787M fine for lying to the American people, that CONTINUES to lie to the American People.

Joe Biden CANNOT DO THIS ALONE.

by Anonymousreply 52July 11, 2024 10:44 AM

THANK GOD JOE HAS YOU

by Anonymousreply 53July 11, 2024 12:01 PM

[quote]Joy said she’s conflicted about the whole thing. As much as she is annoyed, I think she would jump on board quickly with any nominee.

This describes me, as well. I bet it describes the majority of devoted Dems.

by Anonymousreply 54July 11, 2024 12:05 PM

Another day where they spend more than half the show talking about whether Biden should quit. This is getting tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 55July 11, 2024 3:35 PM

since Biden is President why doesn't he start addressing issues voters are concerned with: the border, inflation and crime?

by Anonymousreply 56July 11, 2024 4:19 PM

R55, And Sunny repeatedly saying if they leapfrog Kamala the Democrats will lose the black vote.

by Anonymousreply 57July 11, 2024 4:33 PM

Sunny was particularly forceful/obnoxious today. Ana’s body language during Sara’s turn to speak was shameful. Whoopi’s got the Covid for the fourth time? That can’t be good.

by Anonymousreply 58July 11, 2024 5:59 PM

Who gets Whoopi’s stuff?

by Anonymousreply 59July 11, 2024 6:01 PM

R59, I have sufficient potato sacks...thanks.

by Anonymousreply 60July 11, 2024 6:05 PM

Is “I have COVID” the new “My grandmother died”?

by Anonymousreply 61July 11, 2024 6:18 PM

[quote]since Biden is President why doesn't he start addressing issues voters are concerned with: the border, inflation and crime?

What's to address ? He and the Dems tried to solve the Border crisis, but the tRumplicans put a stop to it. Inflation has cooled, and prices are coming down. The stock market is breaking records on a daily basis. Financial experts are saying we have the best economy in the world. Crime is also down.

by Anonymousreply 62July 11, 2024 8:35 PM

This show is turning into Groundhog Day. Just leave a pre-recorded talking point in front of each of their chairs. They don't even have to show up anymore.

Joy, Whoopi "cough, cough" Goldberg and Ana are ridiculous in their defense of Biden. They don't want to hear anything negative about him. It's called The View, ladies.

Then we have Alyssa trying to suppress her glee at the idiocy that is now the Democratic party. I told you so. Yes, you did, Alyssa.

Then there's Sunny pounding the table demanding we take the black vote seriously. Going full-bore for Biden/Harris '24. She can't wait for Biden to bite the big one so her sister from another mister can assume her rightful place in (unemployment line? No?) Oh, the Oval Office.

And finally, there's Sara who refuses to keep quiet with her doubts about Biden's ability to stay upright for the next four years. You give those old broads hell, Sara. Keep speaking for those in the party who have concerns about the old boy.

I wonder if they'll switch up the schedule and go live tomorrow to discuss Biden's news conference.

At least I didn't hear the term existential threat today.

by Anonymousreply 63July 11, 2024 10:34 PM

At least Whoopi won’t be there to drag out an “other-ism” to dismiss Biden’s “President Putin” gaffe.

by Anonymousreply 64July 11, 2024 10:37 PM

R64, "here's the thing, you know".

I just saw the Putin gaffe on the news. I also saw Kamala yelling some speech. Why do some people think yelling equals power? Those who wield power have no need to yell. You're the VP stop shouting.

by Anonymousreply 65July 11, 2024 10:43 PM

Alyssa needs to go. She’s rethug trash through and through.

by Anonymousreply 66July 11, 2024 10:48 PM

Alyssa has contantly been live on CNN in primetime. I guess the bitch doesn’t need all that much sleep.

by Anonymousreply 67July 11, 2024 10:54 PM

What Alyssa needs is a bag over her head, for starters

by Anonymousreply 68July 11, 2024 10:56 PM

A bag a roll of duct tape and a fist full of benzos...

by Anonymousreply 69July 11, 2024 11:06 PM

Alyssa is anti-Trump, believes in climate change, supports LGBT rights, and thinks there should be some access to abortion and sensible gun laws. If that’s “rethug trash” then some of you need to get out more.

by Anonymousreply 70July 11, 2024 11:23 PM

R70, An anti-Trump who worked in the Trump White House.

by Anonymousreply 71July 11, 2024 11:25 PM

Alyssa goes where the money is, but she will always be Trump trash.

by Anonymousreply 72July 11, 2024 11:50 PM

Trump trash who, like Sara, loves her MAGA loving family.

by Anonymousreply 73July 12, 2024 12:30 AM

Once Biden is reelected, I hope ABC takes Alyssa off The View and puts her is some place where she can do no harm. Like GMA.

by Anonymousreply 74July 12, 2024 12:31 AM

[quote]It's called The View, ladies.

And those three ladies are giving their views, whether you agree with them or not. What's so hard to comprehend ?

by Anonymousreply 75July 12, 2024 12:42 AM

When did The View become all politics? Was it mainly when Rosie came on the first time?

by Anonymousreply 76July 12, 2024 12:49 AM

R75, they are allowed to voice their views, the problem is they don't want to hear anything that goes against their views ie Biden. They constantly try to talk over Sara and Alyssa because they are critical of Biden and his ability to go another four years. Lately I've noticed they've both become more insistent on having their voice heard. So good for them.

R76. they were moved to the ABC News Division in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 77July 12, 2024 12:56 AM

How's Poopie Goldberg lately?

by Anonymousreply 78July 12, 2024 1:13 AM

R78, she's been banished from the table. She has COVID. Again.

by Anonymousreply 79July 12, 2024 1:19 AM

R76 Yes, when Rosie took the moderator's job in 2006, she did bring 'politics' into the discussion, believing their daytime audience was smart enough to be interested in what was happening politically each day. By doing so, the show took off like a comet in the ratings.

All their competitors stuck with their light-weight topics and 'celebrity news' (such as CBS' 'The Talk') and none of them lasted. 'The Talk' has the longer run of all the competitors, but has been canceled.

by Anonymousreply 80July 12, 2024 1:42 AM

I did not realize The Talk had been canceled. That show bugs the shit out of me so no loss IMO. The show was always a bore, but adding males into the mix was their major mistake.

If The View is going to lose any of the panel, I would hope for Sunni to get the axe. Her general demeanor during (especially) the past 5 years or so has been tough to swallow. Aside from the fact that everyone in showbiz is somewhat narcissistic, she rides this obnoxious personality trait to the limit every day. She has become intolerable and completely self-absorbed. Yes, I complain about her her a lot here, but for good reason. She is like a panel dominatrix. She controls conversations by refusing to look others in the eye. She has this thing whereby if she never looks at anyone while speaking, they do not exist in her narcissistic mind. She will simply continue on rants until the others tire of attempting to get her to look, pay any attention, and much less .. shudder .. get a word in. fukdat shit. I sometimes wonder how her family copes.

by Anonymousreply 81July 12, 2024 6:36 AM

R81 again. I failed to add to the above that I enjoy AFG. She has been a great addition to the show,

by Anonymousreply 82July 12, 2024 6:39 AM

If Biden wins, she needs to go.

No longer a need for a Trump White House insider except to give testimony in court, next year.

Free up her time.

by Anonymousreply 83July 12, 2024 10:35 AM

R83, She’s got a hot husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 12, 2024 10:59 AM

She looks like she could mop up in entertainment with a Syrian Cooking Show on Create.

by Anonymousreply 85July 12, 2024 11:07 AM

Totally agree with r81 about Sunny.

I stopped watching The View because of her. I suffered through the Meghan McMyFather years yet Sunny was the reason I finally quit.

by Anonymousreply 86July 12, 2024 11:33 AM

r86, and yet you are here.

by Anonymousreply 87July 12, 2024 11:53 AM

If they were not to renew Sunny's contract (whenever it comes up for renewal) and let her go, she'd scream racism. She would have to leave on her own decision.

That said, I enjoy her about 75% of the time. I do find her to be smart and valuable when it comes to legal discussions, given her background. But I also find her to be rather hypocritical when it comes to race issues, even though she professes to be fair and open minded.

by Anonymousreply 88July 12, 2024 11:55 AM

r87.

by Anonymousreply 89July 12, 2024 11:56 AM

...and yet I popped in here to see what was being said about Clooney as I know Joy loves him rather than watch the show.

But thanks for the observation! Bless!

by Anonymousreply 90July 12, 2024 12:00 PM

It wasn't an observation, it was a sarcastic conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 91July 12, 2024 12:01 PM

R90 Behar made her disappointment be known - in a very nice way - in Clooney's public remarks. As she said, if you feel this way about Biden, talk about it amongst others in private - not in an editorial. I agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 92July 12, 2024 12:04 PM

Sunny has toned it down a bit on the social justice warrior stuff in the last season or two. It’s made her much more tolerable. Right now the one I enjoy the least is Ana. She is constantly name dropping and instead of engaging in conversation seems to go on long winded, overly rehearsed monologues. It eats up a lot of time and really kills the back and forth. That being said, I’d much rather hang out with Ana who seems fun in real life than with Sunny who seems hugely arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 93July 12, 2024 2:25 PM

Thankfully, Ana is only on two days a week.

I find her attempts at humor cringeworthy.

They all go for that round of applause after an anti-Trump comment, which at this point is repetitive and boring.

by Anonymousreply 94July 12, 2024 3:32 PM

Ana counterpoints the horrible "I hate Trump, but I love Republicans" Alyssa...

by Anonymousreply 95July 12, 2024 4:28 PM

Alyssa said that working all day and night, getting 3 hours of sleep, and starting all over again chasing your dreams is something you do 'in your 20s, not something you do all your life'.

I think 83 year old Martha Stewart would disagree with her. Stewart has said repeatedly she gets 3 or 4 hours of sleep each night, and works through the other 20 - this has what kept her dream successful.

by Anonymousreply 96July 12, 2024 8:20 PM

Alyssa is still a rich conservative who really would not mind if Trump won.

by Anonymousreply 97July 12, 2024 8:44 PM

R97, All the networks and cable channels would not mind if Trump won.

It’s called ratings.

by Anonymousreply 98July 12, 2024 11:40 PM

Ahh, ratings, old fashioned olls.

by Anonymousreply 99July 13, 2024 1:04 AM

I swear that Whoopi announced several years ago that she was leaving the View, yet she’s still there. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 100July 13, 2024 2:54 AM

R100 she also announced in 2016 that she was leaving the US if 'you know who' was elected

by Anonymousreply 101July 13, 2024 3:05 AM

She has moved to calling Trump "DT"

by Anonymousreply 102July 13, 2024 12:17 PM

R102, that only lasted one day. She's back to calling him You Know Who. She needs to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 103July 13, 2024 1:49 PM

Whatever Whoopi does, is OK with me.

by Anonymousreply 104July 13, 2024 1:51 PM

When Rosie rejoined THE VIEW in Sept 2014, Whoopi and ABC had a deal worked out where Whoopi would leave the show in February, 2015 to launch a late-night talk show after Kimmel. Whoopi knew she wouldn't last with Rosie, especially as the moderator, and wanted an 'out' - so ABC agreed this was the bet strategy for Whoopi's exit. Instead, Rosie took everyone by surprise and announced she was leaving the show in early February. Plans for Whoopi's late night talk show were put on hold, and she has yet to leave the show.

by Anonymousreply 105July 13, 2024 2:11 PM

I wish Rosie would sit in for Alyssa one day.

by Anonymousreply 106July 13, 2024 2:41 PM

R106, Rosie is living in California now.

by Anonymousreply 107July 13, 2024 3:38 PM

Without Whoopi there the last two days, I’ve been so confused about how elections work. Is it up to the polls to decide? For the hosts to decide? Or is it up to the general public? She really needs to come back and explain.

by Anonymousreply 108July 13, 2024 4:09 PM

How much money does Whoopi need?

She must be worth many millions.

by Anonymousreply 109July 13, 2024 5:04 PM

Not true, R107. She still has her home in Nyack and she’s shooting And Just Like That in NYC for the season.

by Anonymousreply 110July 13, 2024 10:07 PM

Whoopi will have to curb her you--know-who bullshit on Monday, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 111July 13, 2024 11:42 PM

Whoopi has COVID - probably out Monday.

by Anonymousreply 112July 13, 2024 11:53 PM

I can't wait to see how they tackle this hot topic. I wonder if they'll go low and get in a few second amendment digs. There's also the Rs refusal for more stringent background checks and their blowback on semi-automatic bans.

If I were Brian, I'd open with this clip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113July 14, 2024 12:05 AM

R110, Rosie has guested on several podcasts recently and has stated clearly that she is now living in California.

The operative word is “living”, as in that is her current home.

You got that?

by Anonymousreply 114July 14, 2024 12:10 AM

“In spring of last year, Rosie O'Donnell hoisted her New York City penthouse onto the market for $8.3 million amid an announcement that she was relocating to the West Coast, specifically a rented beachfront home in Malibu that she shares with her youngest daughter Dakota.“

by Anonymousreply 115July 14, 2024 12:14 AM

R115, did she misplace the rest of her brood, or did she accidentally eat them during a late-night feeding frenzy?

by Anonymousreply 116July 14, 2024 12:18 AM

Guesses on Whoopi's new name for Trump.

I'll start: van Gogh.

by Anonymousreply 117July 14, 2024 12:19 AM

Finally, a return to WnW!

by Anonymousreply 118July 14, 2024 1:11 PM

How about EarBoy

by Anonymousreply 119July 14, 2024 1:26 PM

I guess they're going to have to be all somber and serious tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 120July 14, 2024 6:31 PM

I caught a few minutes of Face the Nation this morning and host Margaret Brennan asked Senator Cotton if they may change their platform on gun control, lol. Same old deflections except this time the victim was the NRA-loving Trump. So I wonder if tomorrow they'll go after him on the Rs refusal for more stringent background checks and their stance on semi-automatics.

by Anonymousreply 121July 14, 2024 6:52 PM

Joy looked absolutely pissed off at Anna on Monday when she (as the moderator) moved on from Trump / Gun control to talk about those notables who died over the weekend. Anna cut her off after she mentioned the last name, and said "Can I say something in the last 40 seconds?" which unpleasantly surprised Joy, and then Anna went on and on again about gun control. Camera goes back to Joy to close the segment and she looks disgusted.

by Anonymousreply 122July 16, 2024 12:08 PM

R122, Ana ALWAYS tries to undermine Joy when Joy is in the moderator's seat. She'll say something as they're all getting settled at the table before Joy has a chance to start the convo. Or she'll go off-topic by saying I know we're talking about this but I 'd like to talk about this for a moment.

Yesterday she went way over in her allotted time during the Trump attempt segment. The show is not free-flowing as some would believe. Each co-host is given a specific talking point and they're supposed to stick to the topic and then yield to the next co-host.

I understand those that seek out careers in front of the camera have egos but man, Ana is beyond the pale.

by Anonymousreply 123July 16, 2024 1:13 PM

Ana also interrupted Sara yesterday who seemed somewhat exasperated and said “can I just finish?”

by Anonymousreply 124July 16, 2024 1:59 PM

Oh thank god Whoopi was back today to tell us that it’s the public who gets to decide who wins the election and not the hosts or the media. I hope she keeps explaining this since it’s so incredibly confusing.

by Anonymousreply 125July 16, 2024 3:18 PM

I hope someone mentions that last week, Donald voices his unwavering support for the NRA.

by Anonymousreply 126July 16, 2024 3:38 PM

“In 2012, Whoopi Goldberg revealed on “The View” that she is a member of the NRA during an interview with libertarian writer and TV pundit John Stossel. “I don't mind having to register and let them know that I have them,” Goldberg said.“

by Anonymousreply 127July 16, 2024 3:45 PM

R127 She has told us this over and over again on the show over the past few years. Meghan McCain always thought she was the only NRA member at the table, until Whoopi corrected her. Whoopi also point out that she is a responsible gun owner, and thinks AR 15s should be banned from being sold.

[quote]Oh thank god Whoopi was back today to tell us that it’s the public who gets to decide who wins the election and not the hosts or the media. I hope she keeps explaining this since it’s so incredibly confusing.

I, for one, am glad she does this. Look at what happened in 2016, when the media / every poll had Clinton winning over Trump by a landslide. Americans stayed home, rather than vote, as the media assured them that Clinton was going to win. Whoopi needs to keep reminding us about this.

by Anonymousreply 128July 16, 2024 8:56 PM

R128, Whoopi is dead weight who wastes valuable time dropping her perceived pearls of wisdom. Anyone who was old enough to vote in 2000 knows that a few people can make the difference between a win and a loss (and the SC stepping in.) They also know not to be swayed by polls. Is she talking to Gen Z because I'm sure they flock to ABC in order to watch The View.

by Anonymousreply 129July 16, 2024 9:26 PM

R129 The 2016 election, the 2020 election and the current election have nothing at all in common with the 2000 election. Nothing at all. Voters - and Hillary herself - believed the polls and over-hyped media, saying she was the clear winner. Thousand of voters in make-or-break states stayed home, confident she would win.

Keep reminding us, Whoopi !

by Anonymousreply 130July 16, 2024 9:45 PM

Yes, keep reminding us, Whoopi! Meanwhile the stoner can't remember where she left her stash.

R130, that's not true. Hillary did not campaign in solid blue states throughout the Rust Belt, arrogant in the assumption she had them in her column. Trump knew these people felt their concerns were not being addressed so he swooped in for the kill. Electoral votes guaranteed. Game over. He worked the electoral college map to perfection.

Plus during both campaigns in 2008 and 2016 Hillary had the worst possible campaign managers.

by Anonymousreply 131July 16, 2024 10:14 PM

R130 Whoopi keeps saying that the people get to decide the election as an answer to debate on who the democratic nominee will be. It's an idiotic statement, because people aren't going to show up on voting day and write the nominee of their choice on their ballots.

And the best part is that she acts like she's being profound with her statements. Half the time she can't even complete a thought.

by Anonymousreply 132July 16, 2024 10:22 PM

I thought everybody loved Anna. What did she say in the last 40 seconds?

by Anonymousreply 133July 16, 2024 10:22 PM

R133 She babbled on about the importance of gun control (which they already talked about) when the 40 seconds should have been devoted to the hosts paying tribute to the ones who died over the weekend (Shannon Doherty and Richard Simmons had appeared on the show many times). Anna was horrible. I can't stomach her on the show. She always has so much to say but offers nothing.

by Anonymousreply 134July 16, 2024 11:09 PM

R134. Not true. She always has a sassy quip reminding us she lives in Miami.

by Anonymousreply 135July 17, 2024 1:00 AM

Doesn't it piss anyone off that she speaks about her "her gays" as if they were fashion accessories? She also brought up drag queens twice during Monday's show and actually said "yass, qween."

by Anonymousreply 136July 17, 2024 1:15 AM

The problem is Anna is full of undeserved self-importance. She's very impressed with herself - more so than her cohosts and viewers are.

by Anonymousreply 137July 17, 2024 1:27 AM

She also got married to a super-wealthy older guy. I end up not listening to what she's saying. She has her talking points.

I actually think that Sarah is the best commentator. She's thoughtful and doesn't always say what you might expect. You actually get to hear an opinion that didn't come off of index cards.

I feel the same way about someone like Mike Tyson. You might not like him, but when he's getting interviewed, he listens to the question and gives you something thoughtful that you might not have expected to hear from him. (He gets wacky sometimes, but he's given some good interviews.)

by Anonymousreply 138July 17, 2024 3:13 AM

R138, she used to date an old billionaire but I guess she couldn't keep him on the hook.

I like Sara, too. She's more in the mold of Meredith Vieira, a journalist who tries to offer a fair assessment on each topic. I think she'd make a great moderator on the show. For me Whoopi is dead weight and just kills precious time with her nonsensical old sage advice.

by Anonymousreply 139July 17, 2024 3:41 AM

Ana impresses me as having body odor and bad breath.

by Anonymousreply 140July 17, 2024 3:49 AM

I wonder if any of them will dare to bring up the fact that a certain portion of the population think it’s quite possible that the assassination attempt was staged. I can see one of them (like Sunny) actually come out and say that the details and behavior of Trump and the Secret Service don’t add up.

by Anonymousreply 141July 17, 2024 4:28 AM

Elizabeth Warren is on now and is killing it. It’s pathetic we’re supposed to believe Biden’s stumbles are just ordinary aging when we can so clearly see how diminished he is compared to other older politicians.

by Anonymousreply 142July 17, 2024 3:24 PM

R142, she sounds like a former professor. I felt as if I was back in class. She's always ready with a prepared arsenal of facts but I noticed when they went off-book she couldn't really come up with an un-canned answer and began to repeat some of her talking points.

As for Joe, yes he has somewhat diminished capacity but you also have to acknowledge he and Liz have completely different communication styles. She goes from first to fourth gear in seconds and doesn't let up. Joe is more of a cruising in third gear kind of talker.

by Anonymousreply 143July 17, 2024 4:10 PM

R143, Joe is stuck in neutral.

by Anonymousreply 144July 17, 2024 4:31 PM

If all the down ticket races are doing so well, it is because of Joe's policies.

If Joe is a figurehead who signs legislation, for four years, I am good with that.

by Anonymousreply 145July 17, 2024 4:48 PM

Is Sara an Independent?! I had NO idea....

by Anonymousreply 146July 17, 2024 7:00 PM

R146, journalists always register as Independents because they are supposed to remain neutral. Barbara Walters spoke of being an Independent. Sara's now part of a discussion show where she is expected to offer personal views.

Journalists who report the news don't give personal opinions on political matters. Cable news and social media ushered in this era of so-called political analysts giving personal opinions and taking sides on political matters.

George Stephanopoulos was in deep shit with ABC NEWS for offering an off-the-cuff opinion of Biden's ability to go another four years as POTUS. No opinions allowed.

by Anonymousreply 147July 17, 2024 7:11 PM

Joy looked defeated and clearly shocked the panel when she said that Biden needs to step down.

Sunny saying that black women aren't going to vote democrat if Kamala isn't given the Presidential spot. Joy practically rolled her eyes.

Whoopi isn't getting it. And again with "I know him". That's the problem.

by Anonymousreply 148July 18, 2024 3:31 PM

Axios thinks he’s stepping aside. Would love it if he announces it tonight just as Trump takes the stage at the RNC.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 18, 2024 3:35 PM

Joy had to correct the all-knowing Whoopi when she said we had plenty of time to decide if Biden will remain the nominee. She doesn't understand or even bother to learn the basics of the nomination process and she moderates a show which always starts off with politics as their Hot Topic.

I wonder if they're plotting to replace old Whoopi behind the scenes. Then she and Joe can have Jill pack them a lunch while they ride the train all day. Back and forth, back and forth. Can you imagine those two trying to have a conversation with each one losing their train of thought as they desperately grasp for words. You know. Look.

I am so sick of Sunny. She's practically salivating with her delusions of Kamala grandeur. She cannot win a GE so fuck off with your black women will stay home bullshit threats. She really wants Joe out now so Kamala can ascend. She's always so obvious with her faux concern for Biden. I love Joe Biden but...

Joy is beginning to pivot because she was told to pivot. She'll eventually get on the bus that will roll over Biden.

by Anonymousreply 150July 18, 2024 4:32 PM

Seems like they'll have to remove Whoopi with a forklift.

by Anonymousreply 151July 18, 2024 4:39 PM

R150, Don’t forget, Whoopi is the one who suggested in 2020 that Joe name Jill Surgeon General, until the others had to inform her that Jill is not a medical doctor.

by Anonymousreply 152July 18, 2024 5:40 PM

Whoopi sounds like she went to the Larry King school of research.

by Anonymousreply 153July 18, 2024 6:47 PM

She’s worse than King because she espouses views like rape isn’t the same as “rape-rape.”

by Anonymousreply 154July 18, 2024 6:51 PM

They teased in the intro that they would discuss last night's RNC - JDV's acceptance speech, and Trump's grand-daughter's speech. They ignored both.

by Anonymousreply 155July 18, 2024 9:03 PM

R155, Whoopi briefly mentioned the granddaughter’s appearance, in a dismissive way.

by Anonymousreply 156July 18, 2024 9:07 PM

Yeah, they went over talking about Biden so they didn't get to Vance's speech. But Alyssa talked about it on the podcast today. They're also live tomorrow so it could get addressed then (along with Trump's speech tonight). Chris Christie is also on the show tmw.

by Anonymousreply 157July 18, 2024 9:19 PM

With all of the political headlines taking over the media these geniuses decided to schedule two segments devoted to Glen Powell and his co-star. They need to stick to the script and cover the topics they promote at the top of the show.

by Anonymousreply 158July 18, 2024 9:25 PM

R157, At least, Whoopi won’t be there tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 159July 18, 2024 9:29 PM

R159, Yeah, but Ana will. 👎👎👎

by Anonymousreply 160July 18, 2024 9:30 PM

Sunny speaks for all black women now? Got it...

by Anonymousreply 161July 19, 2024 3:23 AM

“With all due respect, Ana, you’re not Barack Obama”.

Bravo, Chris Christie!

by Anonymousreply 162July 19, 2024 4:24 PM

I really wish Christie had used that last minute and a half to lay bare for Sunny all of Harris's weaknesses.

by Anonymousreply 163July 19, 2024 4:25 PM

Say what you will about CC but I love it when he's on the show. He shot down (and shut up) Ana in record time, a near impossible feat and then he took down Sunny with that 1:30 insult. I wish they'd given him more time.

by Anonymousreply 164July 19, 2024 5:30 PM

Whoa ! Joy was speaking to 'fellow Christians' ? She considers herself a "Christian woman" today ???

She has proclaimed herself as an atheist for the past 27 years on the show. She has reminded us a hundred times she left the Catholic Church, she doesn't believe in 'any God', and she is an atheist. Today she is Christian ????

by Anonymousreply 165July 19, 2024 9:13 PM

Kudos to Chris Christie - he was sharp as a tack and made the most sense. I agree with him : Harris // Shapiro should be the ticket. Thank you Guv, for shutting up Anna and Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 166July 19, 2024 9:31 PM

R165, I had the same thought when she said she was a Christian girl. I remember her laughing at Sunny because she believed in signs and said her deceased grandmother visited her. She was so dismissive as she always is when they discuss the afterlife.

She and Trump finally have something in common: Two atheists (she may be agnostic) who aren't beneath playing the God card to their advantage.

by Anonymousreply 167July 19, 2024 11:22 PM

Maybe she meant she was raised Christian as a child?

by Anonymousreply 168July 20, 2024 12:20 AM

There's a difference between saying "I was raised Christian as a child" and "I'm a Christian woman".

As much of a difference as saying "I'm an atheist" (as she has said for most of her 5500+ episodes) and "I'm a Christian woman". Who is she kidding ? Why didn't Sunny or one of the other women pick up on this ?

by Anonymousreply 169July 20, 2024 1:03 AM

R168, today she said she was raised Catholic as a child and she is a Christian woman. She's full of it.

The way they went ballistic today when Christie refused to commit to a candidate was ridiculous. This is why Whoopi (absent) Joy, Sunny and Ana should not be allowed to do serious interviews. Sunny says she does not lose her composure yet look at the way she reacted when Christie said he may not vote this November. Joy also. And Ana with her ridiculous name-dropping allowed Christie to go in for the kill.

Can you imagine Barbara Walters treating a guest the way these women do? This goes back to the infamous Bill O'Reilly interview when Joy and Whoopi stormed off the set mid-interview leaving Barbara to make her apologies. They are so damn unprofessional and as the Biden drama escalates they're becoming more unhinged by the day.

by Anonymousreply 170July 20, 2024 1:35 AM

Anna is very, very, very, very important - lest we forget.

by Anonymousreply 171July 20, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote]They are so damn unprofessional and as the Biden drama escalates they're becoming more unhinged by the day.

There's going to be even more tension on that show if Biden decides not to run again. And ESPECIALLY if they go to an open convention.

Sunny is going to be livid if they don't give it outright to Kamala. Whoopi doesn't anyone BUT Biden in that seat. And Joy just seems to be in "Pick whoever is the best and get on with it" mood.

Both Whoopi and Joy were not here for Sunny's "Black woman will sit out if Kamala is denied" screed yesterday. Joy was visibly annoyed.

Get the popcorn because we could be headed into another Hasselbeck/Rosie split screen battle in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 172July 20, 2024 2:30 AM

Joy is the face of TDS. She's been miserable for nearly10 years: before, during, and after his Presidency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 20, 2024 3:30 AM

John McCain’s daughter is still a bitter Betty when it comes to her former cohosts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 20, 2024 4:03 AM

Joy apologizes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175July 20, 2024 6:03 AM

CC on Trump's speech

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176July 20, 2024 6:11 AM

R174 I’d forgotten that Mooghan McPain even existed. She's as nasty and miserable as ever.

by Anonymousreply 177July 20, 2024 9:35 AM

More CC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 20, 2024 10:34 AM

R172 I disagree. I think they will all (with the possible exception of AFG) unite behind the new candidate to beat Trump. They may show their disappointment at first, but by October they will be fully united.

by Anonymousreply 179July 20, 2024 1:04 PM

r179, IF there is a new candidate.

Propaganda 101, assume your belief objective has been reached.

"Considering Trump is a God-fearing Christian, it is no wonder God saved him from assassination."

All assumed bullshit. Belief objective: Trump is a God-fearing Christian. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

by Anonymousreply 180July 21, 2024 2:42 PM

Dear God, what's tomorrow's show gonna be like?

by Anonymousreply 181July 21, 2024 6:33 PM

Insufferable Sunny.

Defeated Joy.

Relieved Sara.

Cunty Ana (doesn't matter the topic but she'll be extra bitchy tomorrow.)

Pivoting Alyssa now that the deed is done.

And "The thing is, you know," Whoopi won't be there tomorrow unless they drag her ass in for this historic announcement.

by Anonymousreply 182July 21, 2024 6:53 PM

It’s gonna Sunny taking for 45 minutes about how Kamala should absolutely be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 183July 21, 2024 6:53 PM

Whoopi should be in tomorrow, Joy should be out.

Whoopi will remind us that it's up to voters - not the polls nor the candidates themselves - for the future of this country.

Sunny will be encouraging all 'women of color' to take her lead - polish up your resumes and send them to Kamal Harris this week. She will be looking for a staff. Sunny will be applying for press secretary.

AFG will say she's going to hold her nose and vote for Trump.

Anna will focus on herself, and bring us back to when she was growing up in 1970's Cuba...for better or for worse.

Sara will talk about her depression and gay brother.

by Anonymousreply 184July 21, 2024 7:06 PM

R183, she's a large part of the reason we're in this mess. She demanded Biden choose a black female nominee. She's delusional with her black women decide the outcome of elections bullshit and please don't ask me to list all of Kamala's shortcomings. We only have 1:30 left in the segment.

by Anonymousreply 185July 21, 2024 7:06 PM

Sunny Hostile's perpetual gravitas of every word is going to be off the charts tomorrow. I hope Poopie can survive it!

by Anonymousreply 186July 21, 2024 7:08 PM

I’m guessing all six will be on tomorrow, even the insufferable Ana.

by Anonymousreply 187July 21, 2024 7:15 PM

R184, Ana's from Nicaragua but I agree with your assessment. The ass-kissing narrative will now shift to Kamala's ass. Bye Joe, enjoy your retirement.

The dog knows what's up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 21, 2024 7:17 PM

Shouldn't pious Sunny be off writing a new soft-core "romance" novel Ala "Evil Winds Over Pensecola"?

by Anonymousreply 189July 21, 2024 7:18 PM

I'm waiting for the day for when one of the following hosts tells Anna to 'Fuck Off' when she overtalks them:

Whoopi

Joy

Sunny

by Anonymousreply 190July 21, 2024 7:18 PM

R190, her intent is more sinister than just over talking. She intentionally tries to undermine their authority at the table. She really does have an ego the size of her former ass.

The consensus was she did not become a full-time co-host because of the travel involved. I think it's because the execs and the co-hosts don't want her there full time. That's probably why she ignores Alyssa and treats her so dismissively. Alyssa knows how to play nice. Learn from that, Ana.

by Anonymousreply 191July 21, 2024 7:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!