Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Still Too Raunchy For Your No Butt Ofay Asses? Guaranteed To Make You Howl With 60 Seconds Of This Cut

Redd, was way, way , way ahead of his time. Dick Gregory and Bill Cosby, too clean, not edgy at all, but perfect for white middle class Americans in the early 1960s, just getting use to seeing and feeling comfortable laughing at black comedians. Not Redd. He didn't give a shit. He was utterly balls out. One of the first comic performances to walk around the stage, rather than sitting frozen on a stool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2024 3:40 AM

What year were you born?

Moms Mabley was the raunchiest comic and was immensely popular before Redd Fox. Even played Carnegie Hall.

[quote]One of the first comic performances to walk around the stage, rather than sitting frozen on a stool.

You are so wrong about that.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 11:21 PM

OP is accurate like Google AI.

by Anonymousreply 2May 27, 2024 12:57 AM

I loved Redd Foxx. My parents even let us listen to his records.

by Anonymousreply 3May 27, 2024 1:02 AM

[quote]Dick Gregory and Bill Cosby, too clean, not edgy at all,

You know nothing about Dick Gregory.

by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2024 1:03 AM

I saw him back in the 80s in Vegas. Slappy White opened for him. They were both hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2024 1:37 AM

Thanks OP, this is very much my sort of humour. Good message too, I always keep my ass spotless and fresh

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 1:41 AM

I think one of the most awkward moments I've ever seen on TV was when Della Reese was on either Jenny Jones or Liza one of those textures I was having like a bunch of delist TV stars episodes. Anyway the house was finally remembering red's a bit where he be like I'm coming to see us or whatever. And Della reese quickly shut her down by saying that's what happened when he died and everybody thought he was doing a bit at first..

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2024 1:44 AM

OP needs to look into the records of Rudy Ray Moore.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2024 1:49 AM

R7 Is English your second language?

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2024 1:49 AM

Lawanda Page (Aunt Esther from Sanford & Son) also had a filthy stand up act. She met Redd Foxx at the elementary school in St. Louis they both attended.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2024 1:54 AM

Redd was also friends with Malcolm X.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2024 2:25 AM

I would love to hear more of his party records, a total foreign concept to me. I first heard about them on a Mo Rock podcast about LaWanda Page.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2024 3:09 AM

TIL that Quincy Jones wrote the Sanford & Son theme.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2024 3:24 AM

R9 it sure the fuck ain't their first!

by Anonymousreply 14May 27, 2024 3:31 AM

[quote] I think one of the most awkward moments I've ever seen on TV was when Della Reese was on either Jenny Jones or Liza one of those textures I was having like a bunch of delist TV stars episodes.

Speaking of awkward...

by Anonymousreply 15May 27, 2024 3:34 AM

He was speaking common sense. People do need to wash their asses.

Anyway, actor Pat Morita was friends with Redd Foxx. PM went to RF, asking for a loan for a down payment on a house. (PM's wife was pregnant and they needed to move.) RF gave him the money and said he didn't want no IOU, blah blah blah. Just do the same for someone else, in the future.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 27, 2024 3:37 AM

My parents used to have parties and play his and other comics' party records. Never sure where they came from and they would disappear after the party never to be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 17May 27, 2024 3:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!