Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paul Dawson from "Shortbus"

I know Shortbus has been roundly savaged on DL. I watched it again and I can see why . . . but Paul Dawson's performance, depressing as it is, stays with you. He never really did anything after this. Did cumming in his mouth in Shortbus end his film career?

Then:

[quote]"Dawson's James haunts," said David Ansen of Newsweek, "the bitter taste of his despair feels real;"

Now:

[quote]Dawson is the graphic designer and a disc jockey for international "Mattachine" dance parties, which he co-founded in New York City in 2008

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 1:40 AM

More like Pam Dawber.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2024 10:48 PM

Cumming in his mouth?

[quote] "the bitter taste of his despair feels real"

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2024 10:53 PM

He and his partner, costar PJ Deboy left New York for a quieter life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2024 11:50 PM

It's a weird film--far ahead of its time.

On the one hand I'm glad John Cameron Mitchell made it, and on the other I'm not at all surprised it had such a bad effect on his career and that of the actors in it. It just wasn't something large audiences were ready to see.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2024 11:53 PM

I yearn for the timeline when we get to see JGL's audition.

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2024 1:37 AM

Supposedly it's him masturbating to conclusion.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2024 1:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!