Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

NJ man involved in Jan. 6 events sentenced to 12 years, verbally berates judge

WASHINGTON (AP) — A New Jersey electrician who repeatedly attacked police officers during the Jan. 6, 2021, siege at the U.S. Capitol was sentenced on Friday to 12 years in prison by a judge who called him “a menace to our society.”

Christopher Joseph Quaglin argued with and insulted U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden before and after the judge handed him one of the longest prison sentences among hundreds of Capitol riot cases.

“You're Trump's worst mistake of 2016,” Quaglin told McFadden, who was nominated to the court by then-President Donald Trump in 2017.

Quaglin, 38, joined the mob of Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol. He injured a police officer when he choked and tackled him to the ground. Quaglin assaulted other officers with stolen police shields, metal bike racks and pepper spray. He clashed with police for roughly three hours while wearing an American flag-themed “Make America Great Again” sweatshirt.

“What an outrage. What a disgrace,” the judge said.

Quaglin complained about his jail conditions and pushed conspiracy theories about the Jan. 6 siege during his rambling remarks in the courtroom. He also took issue with labeling the Jan. 6 attack as an insurrection.

“If I wanted to bring an insurrection, I would have brought a long gun,” he said.

The judge, who cut him off after several minutes, told Quaglin that his combative remarks were a “really bad idea” before sentencing.

“It's a kangaroo court,” Quaglin responded.

Prosecutors urged the judge to sentence Quaglin to 14 years in prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 9:03 PM

Just look at this rabid beast.

He looks absolutely FERAL.

Lock him up forever. No one will care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2024 1:32 AM

He will be out in January after Idiot Trump trounces Grampa in November.

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2024 1:36 AM

Good riddance to bad rubbish. See you in 2036. Hopefully you get offed in prison.

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2024 1:54 AM

He seems like a responsible and serious person.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2024 1:57 AM

what a savage

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2024 1:59 AM

[quote] “It's a kangaroo court,” Quaglin responded.

That's right. And you're getting BOUNCED!

Now get him the fuck outta here.

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2024 2:03 AM

The French had the best way to deal with these thugs.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2024 2:06 AM

Croissants?

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2024 4:07 PM

Typical perpetual vicyiomhood so typical of Trump and hus angry old white people followers.

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2024 4:22 PM

I love these feel-good stories about the Jan Sixth insurrectionists.

When it comes to this sort of treason, I'm somewhere to the right of Genghis Kahn. As a start, I'd sentence every damn one of them to twenty years with no chance of parole or early release of any kind. For a guy like this? Put him away for life with no parole.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2024 4:58 PM

Greetings from NJ

Good. Hope it turns into a life sentence. We don’t want him back.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 5:13 PM

[quote]When it comes to this sort of treason, I'm somewhere to the right of Genghis Kahn

Saw him at the store the other day...and it's Khan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2024 5:15 PM

I thought Kahn was taken care of already.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2024 9:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!