Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sean William Scott settles divorce for $1,000,000

Actor Seann William Scott has officially concluded his marriage to Olivia Korenberg, but it came at an expensive cost.

In the court documents, a judge accepted the dissolution of Scott's and Korenberg's marriage over their irreconcilable differences. Although the legal umpire signed off on their divorce settlement on May 21, activating the duo's single status will be official on August 21, 2024.

As for other issues like the division of their properties and expenses, the documents noted the pair entered a prenuptial agreement before their wedding in September 2019. They both acknowledged the prenup was "valid and enforceable in all aspects."

On that note, the former couple revealed Scott had "voluntarily paid various funds" to Korenberg since their separation last October, and this money would have served as her spousal support.

Nonetheless, upon the execution of this judgment, Scott agreed to pay Korenberg $1 million to resolve all disputes between them, including the spousal support waivers.

In the court documents, a judge accepted the dissolution of Scott's and Korenberg's marriage over their irreconcilable differences. Although the legal umpire signed off on their divorce settlement on May 21, activating the duo's single status will be official on August 21, 2024.

As for other issues like the division of their properties and expenses, the documents noted the pair entered a prenuptial agreement before their wedding in September 2019. They both acknowledged the prenup was "valid and enforceable in all aspects."

On that note, the former couple revealed Scott had "voluntarily paid various funds" to Korenberg since their separation last October, and this money would have served as her spousal support.

Nonetheless, upon the execution of this judgment, Scott agreed to pay Korenberg $1 million to resolve all disputes between them, including the spousal support waivers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2024 1:15 AM

Why ever did this marriage fail, I wonder?

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2024 7:09 AM

I am surprised he even has that kind of money to settle. This guy is a freak and gives off insidious, rancid closet case vibes. He gives me the fucking creeps.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2024 7:14 AM

Basically, he said I'll give you a million dollars if you don't tell anybody about all the men I have sex with.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2024 7:26 AM

Eew, his head.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2024 7:55 AM

This guy is an odd one. Didn’t he have some involvement with the Bryan Singer crowd?

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2024 8:02 AM

Were the "irreconcilable differences" her lack of a twink hole?

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2024 8:03 AM

Hollywood has-beens sure have a lot of money. Always amazes me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2024 8:14 AM

The article lays out terms for a VERY friendly divorce. It’s almost like they planned for it all along…

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2024 8:14 AM

Good point, R7. I've noticed that even lesser actors often seem to have large sums of money at their disposal. So many of them seem to be overpaid, even the C-listers.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2024 8:23 AM

The only time he would mount her is when she was wearing a high school letterman jacket.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2024 8:23 AM

Do you know how much pussy you can buy with $1 million? Why do men get married??

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2024 9:41 AM

Does he like men more than I do?

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2024 9:47 AM

R11, oh, dear. The only pussy he enjoys eats Sheba.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2024 9:57 AM

🐈 🐈‍⬛

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2024 9:58 AM

Great in bed. Or so I heard.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2024 10:28 AM

R12 = Jake Gyl, on all fours

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2024 10:48 AM

[quote] The article lays out terms for a VERY friendly divorce.

Based on the OP's C&P of the article it lays it out twice. I thought I was having that series of small strokes I've been working on when I read the C&P.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2024 10:53 AM

I will never understand why men with good heads of hair will buzz it down to the skin. It's hideous and looks like prison hair. It will turn a good looking man into poor white trash in a New York second.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2024 11:01 AM

I didn't even know he he was married, and to a woman at that. I think he's sexy (at least up to a few years ago), but there's no denying he gives off huge ick vibes. It's a long-standing rumor that his Hollywood career began as a procurer of hopeful twinks for nasty old industry men, and probably some related drug trade as well. He also went a little nutso with the tattoos (hands?!).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2024 11:28 AM

I guess I am the outlier here; I think he looks pretty and sexy with the buzzed head at the OP.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2024 11:30 AM

I’m not really into bald men, but I think that he does looks sexy in OP’s picture. R20 Is the picture real? I didn’t know he was so jacked.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2024 11:37 AM

R18 So do balding white men who buzz their hair all look like poor white trash to you, as well?

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2024 11:41 AM

What's wrong with a toupee? No one will know.

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2024 11:44 AM

The article says:

[quote] The former couple agreed to introduce each other to any future lovers

I know it's because of the kid, but just sounds so funny.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2024 12:10 PM

A $1 million payout for celebrity couples is the norm if they have a tight prenup. That figure usually avoids any nasty court challenges. Even with an airtight prenup, the richer person still has to pay out around a million dollars and split the proceeds from any real estate sales.

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2024 1:57 PM

Small price to pay off a beard to keep her mouth shut.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2024 2:04 PM

[quote] Based on the OP's C&P of the article it lays it out twice

There's more in the article but OP appears not to be able to correctly cut and paste.

The Interwebz confuse the eldergays of DL.

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2024 2:07 PM

[quote] Why Hollywood Won't Cast Seann William Scott Anymore

Seriously, where did Seann William Scott go? He was everywhere for a few years following the success of American Pie and its sequels, but right around 2010, it seemed like he pretty much disappeared.

In March 2011, Scott entered rehab. According to TMZ, the actor voluntarily entered a treatment facility for unspecified health and personal issues, staying for the allotted 30 days before heading off to film American Pie 4: American Reunion. It's still unclear what he was struggling with, as he hasn't addressed anything publicly—and despite his party animal onscreen persona, Scott insisted to People in 2003, "I don't really party. If I did, it would probably just be trying a new bottle of wine." If he's trying to avoid vices, it's probably for the best that he avoids the Hollywood scene altogether.

A lot of celebrities don't actually work much, but are constantly on red carpets. Scott isn't one of them. The actor flies under the radar and is rarely seen at events or even papped going down the street, and in an era of constant celebrity blogging and a 24-hour news cycle, this otherwise respectable behavior may have actually hurt him. Scott's lack of visibility between projects may have made him forgettable for audiences, which could help explain his box office bombs.

At his peak, Scott was the goofy hot high schooler, sleazy party boy, or college jock, even if he was in his late 20s and 30s when he took most of those roles. Now that he's sporting some scruff and a hint of salt and pepper, he's not going to get the same sorts of parts. Perhaps if Scott had expanded his horizons during his heyday, like his Dude, Where's My Car? co-star Ashton Kutcher—who took serious turns in The Butterfly Effect and later landed the titular role of Steve Jobs in Jobs—he might not be in as much of a rut right now.

It seems like Scott got the memo, though. In 2010, he told MTV News that his role as Steve Stifler may have, er, stifled his career development, saying, "I had so much fun and loved the character, [but] I don't want to be known as that character forever." Unfortunately, as he's repeatedly learned the hard way, it can be hard to get Hollywood to take you seriously once you've been pigeonholed in a particular type of role.

The failure of 2003's Bulletproof Monk to make back back its budget, let alone any kind of profit, was a big career setback for Scott. On top of the obvious drawback to losing millions of your employer's dollars, he reportedly went all out, telling SF Gate that he "became obsessed with performing all his own stunts, immersing himself in a grueling martial arts training regimen for three months to prepare for the role."

That probably made it sting even more when reviewers like David Edelstein made it a point to diminish the fight choreography of the film as being disguised by "millisecond cuts" and "chopped into scores of little kicks and punches and leaps that don't cut together." Slant's Ed Gonzalez took a broader and even harsher approach, describing the entire film as "infinitely juvenile"—a slam that had to affect Scott, who also told SF Gate that his intention in pursuing the role was that it hopefully "gets the audience into that (more serious) aspect of what I can do."

Though the 2005 Dukes of Hazzard movie made some money, it was destroyed by critics, leaving it with a dismal 14 percent score on Rotten Tomatoes. The site's users weren't kind either, rating it at 46 percent; one audience reviewer called it "A stupid, idiotic, ridiculous film that has no reason to exist apart from to cash in on a classic TV Series." The Houston Chronicle described it as "either one of the worst [films] of the decade, a trenchant political allegory or both," while Time Out London zeroed in on Scott's performance, describing it as "mildly perverted puppy-dog goofing." Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2024 3:34 PM

Aside from the critical slams, Scott also had to put up with co-star Johnny Knoxville's gross-out antics on set, including what he described to Chud as an almost daily surprise flashing of one or both of the Jackass star's testicles. Even if this film had been an Oscar contender, which it decidedly was not, we're not sure dealing with repeated unwanted genital exposure would have been worth it.

Two years after The Dukes of Hazzard, Scott returned in Mr. Woodcock, a film boasting humor so subtle, the poster featured the title character holding two giant basketballs in front of his crotch. Get it? Even if this film had grossed a billion dollars—which it did not, by a long shot—it wouldn't have escaped the wrath of critics.

IGN said there were "no likeable characters in the movie," and described the overall film as "an uninspired, unfunny and irritating experience." Reel Film Reviews offered a similar slam, calling Woodcock "a tedious and hackneyed effort," but it was DVD Town reviewer John J. Puccio who really went for the jugular when he said, "The whole film is like a depressing nightmare." After describing the setup of the film as having "virtually nothing in it of any humorous value," Puccio groaned, "just when you think the film can't get any worse, Scott shows up."

Perhaps the worst failure of Scott's career to date is his attempt at a dramatic turn in Courteney Cox's film directorial debut, 2015's Just Before I Go. While doing press for the film, Scott talked about how great it was to shift from comedic roles into something more serious by playing a man on a farewell tour of sorts before he commits suicide. "It was rewarding to play pretty much the antithesis of what I've done in the past," Scott told Variety, adding, "To get a chance to play a totally different character—because he's just a good, average, relatable guy going through obviously an awful moment in his life—was great."

Unfortunately, critics and theatergoers didn't agree. On top of the staggeringly low $10,970 total box office gross the film drew, Scott's performance was described as "tepid" and "colorless" by Stephen Holden of The New York Times. Justin Chang at Variety called the film "a dismal, tonally disastrous small-town farce," but actually threw Scott a bone by saying he "convinces well enough as a guy who wants be put out of his misery, and there isn't an actor here who doesn't look ready to join him." Oh wait, that wasn't a compliment at all, was it?

Scott has sustained his career with voiceover work. The actor's pipes can be heard voicing Crash in Ice Age: The Meltdown, Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs, Ice Age: Continental Drift, and Ice Age: Collision Course. Scott also voices Crash in the franchise's TV movies, shorts, and video games. At least if his fame isn't secure, his finances should be.

Though Scott obviously hasn't continued on the career track everyone thought he would after he rocketed to fame as Steve Stifler, that doesn't mean we've seen the last of this leading man. In 2017, he resurfaced in a pair of sequels, with Goon: Last of the Enforcers as well as Ice Age: Collision Course, which has basically been his meal ticket for over a decade now. He's even mentioned during interviews that there's been talk of a Dude, Where's My Car? sequel, called, Seriously, Dude, Where's My Car?, for which we are 100% down. Scott's also hinted that he would return for a new installment of the American Pie franchise if the script was right, so it seems like he has no problem going back to his roots in order to keep his film career moving forward.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2024 3:34 PM

No crotch fruit?

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2024 3:45 PM

FRAUD!

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2024 3:48 PM

Who got custody of...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2024 3:54 PM

Anyone who spells "Seann" with two Ns should not be trusted.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2024 4:10 PM

Being a comic and also being jacked just doesn't seem to work out for most guys.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2024 4:17 PM

Being a comic and also being jacked just doesn't seem to work out for most guys.

Speak for yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2024 4:21 PM

He’s responsible for the dumbing down of the young men, like Paris Hilton was for the girls.

I remember when American Pie came out and my high school nephews and their friends all started emulating his stupidity. Acting like Stifler was cool.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2024 4:23 PM

Seriously, you blame him for the dumbing down of young men? He was playing a fucking role. And unlike Paris, he wasn't a reality tv star/spoiled socialite. There's no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2024 4:26 PM

R37 he was a part of the problem. Ashton and the rest of the trucker hat crew were part of it too.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2024 4:29 PM

[quote] Small price to pay off a beard to keep her mouth shut.

Well, Scott doesn't have your kind of money, Miss Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2024 9:23 PM

[quote] Anyone who spells "Seann" with two Ns should not be trusted.

I believe he pronounces it Sue-Ann.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2024 9:32 PM

Where do the SWS gay rumors come from?

He keeps a low profile, and he's been married for the past four years, so where are you guys hearing about him being gay?

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2024 9:36 PM

The boy has had a sordid youth. It's public knowledge, not rumor. Lie down with dogs...

Funny, Seann seems fully aware and plays along with it. He certainly has a knack for playing gay-bait from deep kissing Ashton Kutcher to wearing a photo of Timberlake on his underwear crotch to appearing as Mac's CIS gay cousin in "Sunny".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2024 9:41 PM

[quote] I am surprised he even has that kind of money to settle.

R2 Most of any money Scott has probably comes from enhanced home equity due to the L.A. real estate market.

Bloomberg said he bought this one in Venice to flip, but then opted to live there.

With this sale, he looks to double a $2.2 million purchase. The last listing update shows he's dropped $200K off the initial asking price, but it's now closer to it's estimated value of $4.5 million.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2024 9:42 PM

[quote] I am surprised he even has that kind of money to settle.

Two words: ICE AGE.

He's been doing a lot of voice work for those movies, and there have been a lot of them.

See R28 and R29.

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2024 9:47 PM

R42 Damn, he looks hot in that picture. Even the Justin Timberlake reference can’t kill the burning in my loins.

by Anonymousreply 45May 25, 2024 2:38 AM

Whoever does those net worth things says he's worth $25M. Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 46May 25, 2024 2:57 AM

I like the place. I could live there. With him.

by Anonymousreply 47May 25, 2024 2:59 AM

Bearding can certainly be expensive.

by Anonymousreply 48May 25, 2024 3:00 AM

Yikes! That's an expensive beard trim.

by Anonymousreply 49May 25, 2024 6:07 AM

Why hasn't he come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 50May 25, 2024 9:14 AM

Probably because his career is so hot right now and he's in huge demand, R50.

by Anonymousreply 51May 25, 2024 10:49 AM

I’ve always thought these arrangements were to help guys like him have a kid within a heteronormative marriage cosplay. It’s from the Hollywood Straightwashing Playbook. It’s how agents earn their money.

by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2024 12:27 PM

[quote]Hollywood has-beens sure have a lot of money. Always amazes me.

[quote]Films in which Scott has starred have earned $4.91 billion at the global box office as of 2017 [Wikipedia]

His 4 films as "Stiffer" earned >$1B in the U.S. His net worth is estimated at $25M which doesn't seem outrageous. In his role in American Pie he reportedly earned $8000, but $5M + a box office % for the three subsequent films all of which earned >$250M.

And to have been occasional arm candy for David Geffen and others, and to have long dealings with Bryan Singer, maybe the question is why he doesn't have more money.

by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2024 12:35 PM

$5M for each of the three subsequent films in the Pie series

by Anonymousreply 54May 25, 2024 12:36 PM

He got 5-million for the American Pie movie "American Reunion" -- That was in 2012

He's been in LOTS of stuff over the years - And I'm sure he made bank on the forgotten "Dukes of Hazzard" movie in 2005 as well

Unless he was moronic with his money he's gotta be doing just fine

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55May 26, 2024 8:04 AM

He has ugly teeth.

by Anonymousreply 56May 26, 2024 8:15 AM

I'm sure he procured a lot of fat wads of different varieties as one of Bryan's "pool boys."

by Anonymousreply 57May 26, 2024 8:16 AM

Y'all really hate this guy, huh? I remember seeming him on MTV Cribs and he seemed cool.

by Anonymousreply 58May 26, 2024 9:16 AM

He is a nice guy, R58.

I don't get the hate or the rumors, quite honestly.

It's bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 59May 26, 2024 9:20 AM

[quote]I don't get the hate or the rumors, quite honestly. It's bizarre.

No, it's DL.

by Anonymousreply 60May 26, 2024 10:47 AM

I don't hate the guy. I actually enjoy seeing him in films or on TV. I also think he's pretty hot, even now. But there's also no denying his past. If he were higher profile, he would've been cancelled along with Bryan Singer a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 61May 26, 2024 12:48 PM

Does anyone remember the "Onward Christian Soldiers" rumor that people attributed to Scott? It was hilarious. A dominatrix or someone had a client who wanted to be with a man. The guy she brought in said he immediately recognized he was about to fulfill the fantasy of a well-known movie star. When he began penetration the movie star broke into a rousing rendition of "Onward Christian Soldiers."

by Anonymousreply 62May 28, 2024 1:03 AM

R17, I just took an edible and thought I was scrolling the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 63May 28, 2024 1:14 AM

Found the rumor and they also guessed Colin Farrell and Jude Law:

"On his blog pornstar and escort Nick Capra has posted a story about a trick he turned that involves a dominatrix, a prominent male celeb, and "Onward Christian Soldier." Can we guess the guy?

In the story, Capra says that his escort agency had him report to a New York dungeon where a female master had him fuck her slave, who was in People Magazine's Sexiest Man Alive issue in 2003 (supposedly the scene happened in 2004). When Capra entered the A-lister, he started belting out the well-known hymn. Can we decode who the star is with the clues Nick gives?"

On Seann William Scott: This guy spells his name with an extra N which means he is a big ol' bottom. He also has some pesky rumors about his sexuality, but there is no way he knows the lyrics to "Onward Christian Soldiers." This queen would be belting out "Like a Prayer" instead, but a very good guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 28, 2024 1:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!