Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Constance Towers, who turned 91 yesterday

Born to an Irish father and an Irish-American mother, she was born and brought up in northwestern Montana and started her career as a child radio actor after being discovered by talent scouts passing through the region. She eventually went to Juilliard where she studied music. She acted in a number of films, including two hard-edged Samuel Fuller exploitation films, "Shock Corridor" and "The Naked Kiss", and John Ford's "The Horse Soldiers". She also had an extensive theater career on and off Broadway, notably appearing as Anna opposite Yul Brynner in "The King and I". Soap opera fans remember her for her long-running portrayal of the wicked Helena Cassadine on "General Hospital". Perhaps most importantly, she was married to DL fave John Gavin, whose cock she got to enjoy for over four decades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2024 1:43 AM

Thankfully, she survived (brief) exposure to Goop playing her mom in A PERFECT MURDER (1998)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2024 4:57 AM

[quote]including two hard-edged Samuel Fuller exploitation films, "Shock Corridor"

Nymphos!

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2024 5:11 AM

Oops, let me try that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2024 5:16 AM

Someone once accurately described her as being like Tippi Hedren, except not quite as beautiful but much more talented.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2024 5:22 AM

She was married to sexy actor John Gavin until his death in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2024 5:27 AM

The Naked Kiss is a camp classic.

I didn't know she was still around.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2024 5:31 AM

How long is Bud Light going to allow Dylan Mulvaney to complain about them? Dylan cashed their check and hasn't stopped whining about them yet. Sooner or later Anheuser-Busch, a billion dollar corporation, is going to hear one Bud Light grievance too many come out of this mans mouth. Corporations have tons of lawyers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2024 5:35 AM

Sam Alito made it onto this thread.

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2024 5:44 AM

The opening sequence to "The Naked Kiss" is still my favorite in all of movies. Still a shocker today.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2024 5:47 AM

My birthday gift at 11 was going to see Yul as the King in " The King and I". She played Anna and was great! Also I love her in " Sergeant Rutledge".

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2024 6:38 PM

R1 that honestly was inspired casting IMO

by Anonymousreply 11May 23, 2024 2:45 AM

She IS Constance Towers!

by Anonymousreply 12May 23, 2024 4:06 AM

Can't believe she didn't get a nomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2024 4:14 AM

This is a great interview with her from the Criterion release of Shock Corridor, where she recounts how she came to work with Sam Fuller. A very elegant, intelligent woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2024 4:39 AM

Shall we?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2024 12:28 AM

FOLLIES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2024 12:29 AM

Loved her on Capitol.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2024 12:34 AM

[quote]she survived (brief) exposure to Goop playing her mom in A PERFECT MURDER (1998).

Goop played her mom?

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2024 12:40 AM

She did a few Perry Mason episodes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2024 12:52 AM

R4 I think that’s fair, though I do think Constance was a beautiful woman—very tall and striking. Far more talented than someone like Hedren. She was a fantastic singer and had both stage and screen chops.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2024 12:55 AM

Marry me, R18!

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2024 1:07 AM

I'm telling you, r20, nothing turns me on like a stripper with a trained soprano!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2024 1:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!