Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Billy Zane IS Marlon Brando

Another biopic, another remarkable transformation.

Billy Zane transformed into “The Godfather” star Marlon Brando for the new biopic, “Waltzing with Brando.”

Zane, 58, posted images from the set — where he looks identical to Brando — on his Instagram Thursday.

The film, directed by Bill Fishman and based on Bernard Judge’s memoir called “Waltzing with Brando: Planning a Paradise in Tahiti,” is up for sale at Cannes Film Festival.

“Waltzing with Brando” is set in the late 1960s and early 1970s, when the Academy Award-winning actor purchased the private island atoll Tetiaroa in the South Pacific, where he filmed 1962’s “Mutiny On The Bounty.”

Brando fell in love with Tetiaroa and recruited Judge, an architect, to build a village, home and eco-hotel on the island.

In an interview with Deadline, Zane, who is also a producer on the film, said the Brando project is “a love letter to Tahiti, and him and his passion.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 4:02 AM

Didn’t Brando get repeated STIs from all his whoring in Tahiti?

by Anonymousreply 1May 18, 2024 12:27 AM

NGL, he looks good.

by Anonymousreply 2May 18, 2024 12:30 AM

R1 he and his cronies from the film crew on his Bounty movie gave all the women the syph.

I don’t think they will put that in the film.

by Anonymousreply 3May 18, 2024 12:33 AM

That's probably the closest approximation of one actor by an another that I've seen. Remarkable.

Zane should do it again.

by Anonymousreply 4May 18, 2024 2:04 AM

I agree, R4.

Going back and forth between the photos, it's almost hard to tell which ones are Zane and which ones are Brando.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2024 2:09 AM

I hope it shows recreations of on-set antics from the filming "Reflections in a Golden Eye."

"Cutting off her nipples with a pair of garden shears. You call that normal? My God! Garden shears!"

by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2024 2:09 AM

Brando was a complete asshole. I predict a heavy whitewashing.

by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2024 2:10 AM

Great casting!

I remember back in high school when I went through my Billy Zane phase after TITANIC came out, I thought then that he would make a perfect young Brando.

But older Brando works, too.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2024 2:14 AM

He could sit on my face any time he wants. He looks great.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2024 2:16 AM

The photo of Zane as Brando circa Last Tango is eerie—Zane looks exactly like him.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2024 3:58 AM

Woof.

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2024 4:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!