Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump aide distributes fake money to homeless to get them arrested

Donald Trump's former White House aide is under fire after a video showed him claiming to distribute fake money to homeless people so that they will be arrested when they spend it. "So I always keep this fake Hollywood money in my car, so when a homeless person asks for money, and I give them like a $5 bill, I feel good about myself, they feel good," said McEntee, also a senior advisor to Project 2025. "And then when they go to use it, they get arrested, so I'm actually helping to clean up the community and get them off the street."

Social media is flooded with individuals tagging the Secret Service and FBI, with several of them demanding an investigation into the alleged misconduct by McEntee, who is no stranger to financial crime investigations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2024 4:42 AM

He'll be Secretary of the Treasury in January... only the best...

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2024 11:41 AM

Christ what an asshole. Don’t believe him, he’s just performing for clicks and will use the time-honored excuse I WAS JUST JOKING! but he believes it’s a good idea. Hardy Ha Ha.

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2024 11:51 AM

As a South Louisiana native, I'm quite familiar with what is left behind when a swamp is drained.

Exhibit A: This dude.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2024 11:52 AM

Like a homeless person is going to get arrested for using fake money. That needs to be plausible for it to work as a joke. He’s an asshole AND an unfunny idiot.

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2024 11:56 AM

He’s not going to be Secretary of anything in January, R1.

Marc Elias of Democracy Docket, who won all but 1 of the 64 or so ekection interference cases around the country in 2020, someone who would know and is not given to exaggeration or hyperbole, is estimating that Biden will increase his share of the popular vote to +9M margin over Trump. WI, MI & PA aren’t even in play.

The media is doing a great job pushing their “race horse” narrative but the Trump campaign and the GOP are in serious trouble. You can claim 12,000 on the beach are actually 100,000 - several 1,000 of whom follow Trump around from place to place and don’t even represent local support - but it’s not going to change the vote count in the election. I think we’re going to see Trump’s electoral support dwindle to about 34%. By November, a lot of Trump’s wavering support who don’t want to vote for Biden will likely just stay home. The “election interference” narrative has the consequence of disempowering his own supporters, as we saw in the GA Senate contest in 2020, while Democrats will be turning out in record numbers.

Elias recommends working your own corner - making sure the persuadable or already committed family and friends are well-informed of the stakes and getting them to the polls.

by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2024 12:05 PM

What a thoroughly repugnant thing to do. How this degenerate sociopath isn't locked in a mental institution for life is beyond all logic. So, instead of actually helping the homeless, he feels great about himself for giving them counterfeit money that will cause them to be arrested if they use it, so as to "clean the community"? That is beyond outrageous.

This creature (it doesn't deserve to be described as a human being) is one of the most repulsive fiends to ever exist - as if the homeless didn't suffer enough with the social isolation, relentless aggressions, constant uncertainty and the endless despair they face, this worthless abomination from hell has the nerve to come and deceive them to increase their troubles, and even boasts about it.

I hope that something horrible happens to this beast, because he deserves to pay for his utter and complete wickedness. I cannot believe that someone could ever be so monstrous as to do something so evil.

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2024 12:06 PM

The smug look on his face says it all.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2024 12:14 PM

The guy in the pic is the author of the piece. Rather unfortunate that his face appears as the main photo in the link.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2024 12:18 PM

Don't be so sure, r5. Mark Ellias was Hillary's election lawyer in 2016.... and they all thought she was winning that race handily back then. He was very wrong, notwithstanding his successes in the courtroom. .

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2024 12:46 PM

He's just the kind of guy that young people like! Life is one big reality show to them and that's why they are leaning Trump. Maybe they'll get another big check from him like they did during the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2024 12:50 PM

A really ugly (truly deformed looking) right wing Podcast fggt who somehow shows up on my timeline thinks is a great way to get people murdered.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2024 2:11 PM

Another interesting article on McEntee. His initial job was to carry around Trump’s bags….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2024 2:52 PM

I hope she get herpes.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2024 2:55 PM

What a typical Rethug POS. Plus, the cops are unlikely to arrest anyone for a counterfeit $5 bill, if any merchant even catches it. Nasty, unethical, and moronic.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2024 3:15 PM

He's actually posted the receipts on Twitter seemingly not knowing that printing and distributing fake money is a crime. The Secret Service got tagged by numerous posters.

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2024 4:00 PM

[quote] Like a homeless person is going to get arrested for using fake money

Talk to George Floyd about that, R4.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2024 4:26 PM

He looks 14 years old.

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2024 6:24 PM

He looks 14 years old.

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2024 6:24 PM

R10 i could see something like this being a sick tiktok challenge

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2024 7:07 PM

R4, the whole George Floyd incident was started when Floyd tried to pass a suspected fake $20 so it does happen to some.

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2024 7:52 PM

I hope gets charged with counterfeiting.

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2024 7:57 PM

Wouldn’t it be something if Floyd’s $20 bill was traced back to this guy?

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2024 8:18 PM

Breaking news: Man who happily worked for aspiring authoritarian scumbag turns out to be a bad person himself.

by Anonymousreply 23May 14, 2024 3:17 AM

I was disgusted and saddened to hear this. Having said that, they do need to come up with a more lateral way of dealing with the homeless crisis, because nothing else seems to be working.

by Anonymousreply 24May 14, 2024 3:27 AM

[quote]"And then when they go to use it, they get arrested,

Technically, isn't he circulating counterfeit currency? Just because he didn't try to buy something, doesn't mean he didn't attempt to pass off fake money as legal.

Didn't he just admit to fraud or counterfeiting?

[quote]If you are convicted of using, creating, or dealing in counterfeit currency, the penalties can be severe. The federal judge could sentence you to up to 20 years in a federal prison, along with a huge fine up to $250,000.

What he did seems to fall within "using" and "dealing in" counterfeit currency.

by Anonymousreply 25May 14, 2024 3:33 AM

Typical MAGA. Typical American Christian. The cruelty is the only thing that gets them off anymore.

by Anonymousreply 26May 14, 2024 3:41 AM

Maybe we should consider building enough social housing for everyone, r24.

by Anonymousreply 27May 14, 2024 3:56 AM

So why don't they spend the billions already allocated towards the "war on drugs" on affordable housing? This Chilean architect has some innovative ideas about building new affordable communities that encourage people to put down roots and are adaptable to change. His costings were $7,500 per unit, including the land (2016 costs).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 14, 2024 4:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!